Speaker 1: I was sitting shotgun, Brian was in the back seat, and Shane had this like fifty four Chevy with like a big block super modded motor under the hood, and we were going down the expressway like one hundred and twenty miles an hour. Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready's about to hit the fan? Welcome to Sanctioned Thursdays Terrestling. We fready, Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Unsanctioned Thursdays. I promised you guys at the end of Wednesday show that we would start with some negativity, because I think that's a good way to start the day, isn't it, Jeff, start with some bullshit? So here we go. We get a one star review. Oh wait, one star one Jeff, so get ready to be ye tell us what rufos aside? Let's see, well, let's see. I don't know. He says that the headline, Oh no, the headline is commercials, commercials, commercials, and the review is last episode was twelve minutes long with nine minutes of commercials. Thanks Dix. He didn't write Dix. I threw that part it. He didn't write dis But okay, hold on rufos, I hear, I hear you, but your math is off because our episodes are not twelve minutes long, so you're exaggerating. However, I acknowledge there are three sets of commercials. Twenty five to thirty minutes worth of content. May feel like a lot, but I appreciate I hear what you're saying. I am trying to make the episodes longer. We are trying to make the episodes longer, and I don't think it's an impossible quest that we're on, So bear with us. Hang in there. Jeff's probably gonna cut into you a little bit, but let me just tell you, I freaking hear you, dude. Yeah, and what you wrote is funny, and sorry for saying that you called his dicks.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rufo, if that is your real name, Rufo, you got a wrestling name to leave your one star reviews. You didn't want to put your actual name. You're afraid will find you. You should be afraid we'll find your Rufo. Here's the thing, Pal, you think I like commercials, I don't. When I'm watching wrestling and they keep jumping over to watch my reality show with Mars, I don't like that crap either. I don't like commercials, but that's what pays the bills. That's what pays the bills. That's what lets us have this podcast. You know, as long as you like the nine minutes we're doing when we're on, then we're doing our job. That's the whole point. But we do love you for listening. Please don't give up. We're gonna make these episodes longer. I am growing in success in stand up comedy, and Freddie Prince Junior works more than anyone I've I thought he retired from acting, and every time I turned something on, he's on a big like a high budget movie than a Hallmark movie. Then a commercial for Cascade. This guy warns, baby, none of that's true. That is true, dude. He's murdering chicks and pools. He's dating girls and dance studios.
Speaker 1: This guy works all right, rufos, you've taken enough abuse from Jeff and you've gotten enough love for me. But anytime you guys want to send a review hateful or not, that wasn't even hateful. I threw in the dick's part to make it seem meaner that it was just that was just a criticism. I got got you, dude. I can take criticism. Let's talk some Thursday shit. We could talk wrestling news. I can give you guys an update. I will soon have no more updates to give. I will have my definitive yes or no by the end of this week or by the end of next week. I'll repeat that, or by the end of next week. So give me two weeks. If I don't have an answer for you on the next Thursday episode, the one after that, you will, And then after that I'll start giving you guys a backstory of how the process went, where I thought it went well, where I thought it didn't, what things I would change if and now. I put a lot of thought into it so to be kind of like a not a documentary, but sort of like a podcast documentary of how the process went. But I'm close. I'm really frigging close. I've been talking with my booker, and we're so excited at some of the matches, including our potential main event that we could do if we get the yes soon enough. So I'm just really excited, more excited than anybody outside of the people that are involved with making this show. With me, I'll be relieved for the journey to come to an end, hopefully with the successful conclusion. It's been a lot of stress, a lot of good stress and bad stress, but a lot of stress. Let's stick with wrestling, and let's stick with wrestling news because I don't have anything else to report, but the interweb did because Tony Kahan and Shane McMahon were seen in a meeting together. I thought the photo was fake. I thought it was just a fake, like a good job on like not CGI but whatever, like photos, that's what it's called. But apparently it was real. Shane's made a statement, and a statement goes as follows. I'll do a Shane McMahon impression. Tony and I were connected through a mutual friend and we had a great meeting. We talked about many things, but mostly about our shared love for the business and the rewards and challenges of working with family. I congratulated him on the five year anniversary of AEW and look forward to how he evolves the business moving forward. That was said by Shane McMahon. Your thoughts, mister Jeff Di.
Speaker 2: I've got a lot of theories on this. I love Shane him and by the way, I'm good good, He's.
Speaker 1: A cool dude.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He drives super fast. To help him bro, he put me in his car. One time. We were driving back from Stanford with me and the head writer for All This dude, Brian Gowertz, and I was sitting shotgun. Brian was in the back seat, and Shane had this like fifty four Chevy with like a big block super modded motor under the hood. And we were going down the expressway like one hundred and twenty miles an hour. Oh my, I'm sitting there like yelling out the window like I'm twenty one years old, howling at the moon. And I look back and Brian Gewurtz has his hands are white knuckled on either side of the car, and he's like turned. He's already like the whitest dude ever. He's like transparent. You can see his heart beating in his chest and he's like, sow down. Shade's just cackling like a madman. I was like, oh shit, maybe we should slow down a little bit. It was mad, fun dude. He's a cool dude. Anyway. That's my Shane McMahon story.
Speaker 2: I've always was like when I was young, I was never like a Shane McMahon guy. Like I was never like that's gonna be my favorite match, he's my favorite wrestler or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I've always you know, just the fact that he's.
Speaker 2: Vince McMahon's son, Like he's always been in the business, Like he's always been around. He's got the best entrance music. Really love Shane McMahon. One time I was going to an XFL football game. You and your wife had a suite for the game, Like you had like a little bo what is it called the Sweet right, yeah? Yeah, And so you were like, come on over to the suite. So I was like so excited, and in your was Shane McMahon, and yes, I couldn't believe it was I was already like new friends with you. So it's like, I can't believe I'm hanging out with Freddy Prince Junior. This is pretty cool. And then like then Sarah Michelle Gellers, I was like, that's pretty that's a nice little bonus to already get into hang out with Freddy Prince Junior. And then Shane McMahon was in the box and I was like, this is this is the life righter. But I didn't get any I didn't get to talk to him. I didn't get he was he was sure.
Speaker 1: With the lawyer of the team. They were in full on business mode. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was like a little disappointed. I was like, dangn man, I didn't get to like kick it or like he didn't get to whatever was shanean man. But then I later in life, you know, got to meet Shane McMahon at the Lakers game and now we've become friendly and he and he's the best.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're gonna see him in ae W. I don't think that that's what that is.
Speaker 1: Tell me. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I had a guess, I would say that he might. He just kind of seeing what his options are, you know what I mean, like just kind of seeing where he can land and like like what he wants to do. That's what I think. If he wants to go to a w you know, they'd have him. Tony Kahan will buy him up like a like a wrestling toy, like collect his little wrestling.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need the money. He doesn't need the money him getting bought up like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he wants to be in WWE, but there's just too much stuff still there as far as baggage and all those things. Too many opinions floating around there. That's that's this is. These are all just my guesses. I haven't asked him about it or anything like that. I think that he's just kind of seeing where he can be what like what like what what are the options out there for him? Does is this is WB gonna get all interested now that they know Tony Khan and him met is Is Tony gon going to offer him some crazy, you know, offer that he would that he would entertain. I think he's just kind of seeing where or if he wants to do this still. I wonder when I worked there, Shane stepped away and I think didn't start maybe purchased a Chinese cable company or something like that, like distribution, like television distribution. So I wonder if they were talking about maybe it's more like international distribution and things like that, and and his thoughts on how they could sort of build their brand and expand more more globally or something like that.
Speaker 1: I wonder it's all speculating. He's also such like he's got thought it was a fake photo.
Speaker 2: He's got so many things going on, you know, he's like he's he's got like you know, all the things with his kids, like he's very active and all of his interests and things like that. So I imagine being away from wrestling for the small amount of time he's been away has been nice for him, like you know, oh yeah, I'm like enjoying life.
Speaker 1: I'm getting to like, you know, go do stuff. He went to a Yankees game. You know. Funny he lived the life that his dad always wanted. Like Vince's dad would never let him get in the ring. So when Shane asked, Vince was like, yeah, hell, yeah, go ahead. And Shane had some of the most memorable matches of his generation, like the ambulance match with Kelly and things like that. I mean, he got to do some wild shit. And I remember when he retired from wrestling so to speak, and said, thank you, it was a privilege you guys letting me share the ring with you. Like he was so respectful to all the men that he wrestled with. So I know he doesn't want to go back to wrestling. He blew out both his friggin's the last time he got in. But I wonder if there's not bad blood, but if there's not room for him at WWE, and he still has a passion for wrestling, like that's the only other show in town. Last shit ain't off the ground yet, you know what I mean, Like, Yeah, why wouldn't you go there and just see if there's something that they're lacking that's one of your strengths that you could help, you know, bring to the table. I don't know Shane is a booker or anything like that, because he wasn't working there in that capacity when I was there. But there's got to be a lot of ways he can help him.
Speaker 2: And he's got so much value, Like I mean, the fact that like he's been in every corner of the business his entire life.
Speaker 1: There's just like at some capacity for sure, I think.
Speaker 2: So Yeah, I just can't imagine that he wouldn't be valuable to anyone any kind.
Speaker 1: Of wrestling group, is what I would think. But also who knows. He was always mad cool man. I remember some of Shane helms. The Hurricane came up with this idea to get Funaki back on TV, and he was going to be kung Fu Naki and he wrote the song to Kung Fu Fighting. He was like everybody loves Kung Fu Naki and we got like our truth to sing it, and he gave him the crane kick, the Daniel LaRusso Crane kicks his finisher and MVP took it because MVP was a straight up g and generous like that and took a goofy finisher and took a loss to a goofy finisher. It takes a lot of heart to do that. So I remember they were pitching the idea and I don't remember who it was, but Shane was just walking by and he's like, what are you guys working on? And someone just goes, oh, just bringing Funaki back on TV? What do you think about Kung Funaki? And Shane just looks at him, shakes his head and goes, that's pretty fucking good. Just walked away and we were all like, yeah, Kung Fuki. We ended up getting them on TV. It worked for like a month. It was like a little month four week storyline for him. Dude as cool as hell. I love that.
Speaker 2: Do you think the guy who snapped the picture of Tony Khan talking to Shane is fired?
Speaker 1: I wonder I.
Speaker 2: Because do you see their face? They looked at them, looked at him like he just like like they weren't happy about it, or like that they were just confused why he was in the room, like they might even not known he was taking a picture or her her or him.
Speaker 1: But maybe it still looks fake to me the photos.
Speaker 2: I know, it's not like they're like they both look at it like you know when you walk in on a meeting or something, and they both like they're not offended, but they're surprised, like, hey, we were talking, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah it looked like that. No, I agree. I wonder. I wonder or maybe they meant to do it and maybe that was the plan all along. Maybe they got a promotion on behalf of Jeff I. I'm Freddie Prinz. Listen to our show every week Wednesday and Thursday. It's called Wrestling with Friends Wrestling with Freddy Poots. This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.