Speaker 1: My guest today is television personality and friend Tyler Cameron. Tyler first received national attention on the fifteenth season of The Bachelorette, starring Hannah Brown, which he was the runner up of the season. He is a stand up guy. He is a good person. He's honorable. He's been called the feminist. I find him interesting. I think he's intriguing. I think his looks are the least interesting thing about him. I'm really excited now Tyler is joining season two's cast of Special Forces World's Toughest Test. Make sure to tune into Fox on Monday, September twenty fifth. This will just be with Tyler Cameron. Let's get into it. We've met before. We met in New York right after you were on The Bachelorette, and I've read so much about you now that like I felt like I knew you, and I think your book is really good. Like I have to say, you did a great job.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Thank you so much. That was that was a great experience writing the book and doing that, you know, I you know, it was it was therapeutic, honestly to kind of dive into those things and brought up a lot of conversations with me and my dad needed to have my brother, so it was really good.
Speaker 1: So when we met your mom and when you were on the show, your mom was alive, and that was something you were struggling with, and I feel like you were talking about it as a viewer. I thought I thought she was going to be okay, And I wonder if you thought the same thing, Like it felt like you turned a corner and then went backwards again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, she had a brain innerism. And when when they told me that, when it happened, it was like, it's probably nothing's going to bring her back, you know. But they did all the tests and we kind of kept things under wraps for a lot long time, probably like three days into it, and then then things started to come out. So then that's kind of how it all transpired. But yet, no, it was it was pretty much. It was such a big aneurism in her brain that it was like the size of a quarter. They said that on the main artery.
Speaker 1: I'm really so, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was that was a tough one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it still is a tough one, I'm sure, and I'm really sorry because the way that I think of you is family first. That's just how I see you. And I think it hasn't been something that you've quote unquote pushed forward. I think it's just who you are, which I think is why people have really connected to you. I think, you know, you're a pretty face, you're handsome, you're in great shape, you're charismatic, you're charming. But I think that, and you've had your player passed, but you're ultimately a family person and I see that because you're always going home to your family and you're going into Florida in the summer when no one goes to Florida if they don't have to. Although I like it because I love off season, but I just see your connection to your family and the family business, and I really I love that part about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no COVID. COVID and my mom's passing kind of got me back home and then being home for that much time, and I just feel so much more happier there. I was around my family, I was around my friends. All that stuff to me matters more than really anything. You know, my pops, you know his battles with his health, you know, so it's just important to be around we do projects together. We have a couple of construction projects going on. Like guess, We're always working and doing stuff together. It's fun. I love Jupiter. I'm a homeboy. I'm just I'm there now full time. You know. I kind of put New York behind me and I'll go visit when I need to. But Florida. I love being a Jupiter. I love being a small town. I love you know, like I want to be the high school football coach there one day.
Speaker 1: It's funny that you say that, because I think that people think that when you achieve fame, why would you choose to go back? Meaning everyone sort of thinks of me as a New Yorker. I also, my time in New York City has done too. It's a quality of life thing. It's a choice. It doesn't matter how if all the glitz and glamour and press and red carpet stuff is there, which I don't even enjoy Anyway, I feel like, how are you spending your life every day? What do you want to do? How do you feel good? Like? Fame isn't cuddling you at night? Money, Money's not cuddling you at night. I and listen, you're young as you get older, I think that'll become even more the case. But I love that you've chosen to be home. So fame has been like an accessory in your life. You don't really you don't really care about it that much, do you.
Speaker 2: Oh? I mean, I think the most fun I ever have is is doing the stuff of my people I grew up with in my family, you know. So it's like like, if I do have some type of activity or thing that fame has brought me, I bring those people with me, you know exactly. So it's always I don't hang I'm not really in the industry. I only hang around those circles. I kind of just do my own thing in Jupiter with my people, and when I get opportunity, I bring them with me, you know.
Speaker 1: And they probably don't even give a shit. They don't even know really who you are. They couldn't care less. Right, the best.
Speaker 2: People to have around you because they'll humble you, they'll tell you when you're right, and when you're wrong, you know, they they'll they'll you know, they're the best people to go for advice. When but when I was running around New York or LA, I was with just a bunch of yes men and run a wild you know, and there was nobody to say that you chill out, you need you don't need to be doing this, you know.
Speaker 1: So that really is cliche, but it really did happen to you, like you really found that everybody was doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I mean because they always wanted to go and do whatever was cool in New York or LA and you know, and I was, and I was also going in those circles that were filled with those people, you know, so I was kind of following that too, you know. And then I realized that this isn't very this isn't me, this is very fulfilling. Like I love, Like my favorite day is just to be on my boat on a Saturday, like you know, get up in the morning, do something to do with some type of physical activity, and go hang on the boat with my friends, you know, like that to me is my person and then watch it, watch you know, watch a movie, be bid by eight. I don't I don't need to be going out to all these clubs, don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I want to. I don't, do. You know Griffin Johnson, by any chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Griff. He looked closer to me and I moved, he moved to West Palm Beach exactly.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I could see you guys being friends. He cares about like going like alligator hunting or swimming or whatever the hell he's doing. And he does all that kind of like big truck stuff. Like he's very down home, also very family and very down to earth and also a very attractive, successful man that's you know, dabbled in the game, but really knows his roots and knows who he is. That's why I thought you guys would be I mean, he's younger, but I thought you guys would be friendly because he's very he reminds me of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we always connected right away I met him. I met him like four years ago, you know, and he was a baby then, you know. But I always was like I liked his values, like what he was about. I mean, he was a coachy boyfriend I think like Indiana or or something like that, or Illinois or something small town. Yes, he always had those values and I was appreciate a griffin for that, you know. And he and he's honest with me. I don't I don't. I don't belong in the circle of this right. But when he got and I think when he got to Florida he became so much more happier and healthier.
Speaker 1: Exactly does it do you feel defined by your looks? Does that bother you? Do you think? I mean, does that annoying when people try to like make your being a family guy and you know you're in construction, like make that sort of like like like a gimmick or like an image.
Speaker 2: No, because for me, it's what gets me in the door. You know. Then it's up to me to change their perspective. So it's a tool, you know, so if I can use, you know, if that's what gives me the door people, you know, it's what got me in this world, you know. So but now it's up to me to, you know, hope you use my voice and my actions to change and prove that I'm more than just all that.
Speaker 1: It's funny because when you were on I don't know why I watched your season of The Bachelorette. I don't know what, Like I just might have been flipping and then just decided to commit, or I was watching with my daughter, and I remember, and I haven't seen so many seasons of it, but I remember saying to a producer friend that I know who worked on House. I said, this guy's got legs. He's gonna go all the way. And she said please, he's about like, you know, like the rest of them. And she thought you were going to end up in some like bachelor pile. And I was like, no, I think that guy is going all the way. I actually made a bet. I wish I knew what it was for so I could collect, but I was like no. And every time I see you doing something amazing, I always say to her, told you that guy was going places. I really did. I had a feeling about you. There was something poised and confident, and you handled yourself well. It's you know. The truth is many people who are attractive are very confident and secure. They don't have to. There are a lot of guys that I call trick guys who were unattractive in high school, never got girls, then make a lot of money later and their dicks because they feel like it's not real. They don't trust anybody, they don't trust women, and they're the trickier ones. It's sometimes the ones that are like, uh, you know that there doesn't have to be some player aspect behind you. If that makes any sense, Like you could be a nice looking, smart, well adjusted family man and it could just be what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, credit too. I've had a lot of great women and friends of my life that you know, Like my mom was probably my closest friend growing up, and then my two best friends are are women. It's it's Molly and Katie, and so always being around them and always having them around always made me so comfortable, but also always made me so protective of them and other women.
Speaker 1: Well, respecting women too. I guess people say, look at a person's relationship with their mother, and you honor your mother and you respect women, which is a big part of it. So what are you doing for? If someone were next to someone on a plane, they said, what do you do for a living? What would you say you do?
Speaker 2: I tell them I work in construction and restaurants. You know. I try to keep it at that because I want that part of my life to be what I'm known for now. You know, all this stuff is added bonus and it's great, and I want to keep building on it and the TV stuff, but I want to build, like my goals to build a construction company and a real business and and really dive into the real estate world. I got some really cool projects happening right now. I got a house for sale in a couple of weeks coming.
Speaker 1: Out in Florida, like a flip I know, I spec.
Speaker 2: Home built, ground up. Okay, yeah, so that comes on the market in two weeks. And then I'm also in restaurants, you know, I just live it up. My fourth restaurant on Atlantic Avenue.
Speaker 1: In w A Beach, really which ones.
Speaker 2: It's called Three Natives, So it's like a health like a like a health bast food type chain. It's really good smoothies. Also you bowls, wrap salads, and uh it's my fourth one, and I love the brand. I love the product, and I'm just going to keep wrong with the brand.
Speaker 1: You invested with them or you started the brand at three Native Floridians. Is that what it is started?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, I joined as a franchise, but I have to with the guy who started the company. And then I have two franchises with my other.
Speaker 1: Buddy, so they are handling operations and like how it's run. You're you're investing and ambassador and promoting, et cetera. Amazing Good for you. I love that. So all in Florida, all in Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I want to grow. I want to. I want to. I want to take it out to like college towns. I want to take it to Dallas. Those are the markets I want to hit next. So I want to get these one situated first and then and then start growing more.
Speaker 1: Is it the kind of place that works better in a college affordable place or like a wealthy community, because Atlantic is a wealthy community.
Speaker 2: We like to say we want to be in communities where uh you know, like Atlantic Avenue, like you know, like the you know, we want people with either their dad's credit card or the driving BMW's. We want to be in those community you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: First of all, in all all of the things that I was reading about you, I didn't see about that dancing thing that I loved. When you did the dirty danceing thing? What was what was in my mind? And I don't remember what it was, but you reminded me exactly of him. You totally fucking channeled Patrick Swayze. Nobody puts baby in the corner. You did the lift. I need to know what that was because I was obsessed with that.
Speaker 2: That was that was so much fun it was like a little quick thing that came up. I just said, you want to do this? And I love the dance I was. I was almost a dance minor in college. So I was like, yeah, let's let's give this a run. And uh, you know, the movie's iconic. Uh. We got to the hotel where they shot the movie at in Virginia and we got to compete to be the best baby in Johnny and I was trying to be my best Patrick Swayzey. It was It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: It was so smart of them to do you that was so good and you just finished. I didn't know Special Forces had a first season. I thought this was the first season. So you just finished the second season of Special Forces. And they're kind of like simulating the military.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, so they so yeah, they're basically simulating Hell Week essentially for like selection for like an SAS or a Seals and whatnot. It's all led by uh staff that was you know, part of the Seals or says type of Special Forces like that, and uh. And it was the hardest thing I've ever done, Bethany. I mean, it put me through the ringer. I thought it was gonna be easy. I thought it was gonna be la like foo flu Hollywood, right, you know, we'll be eating good foods, we'll be driving around all this stuff. No, they grinded us out.
Speaker 1: And so was it about physical endurance? Because you have more respect for Hannah Brown after doing it, like what do you what? What was it about? Like Survivor seems gnarly? Like what was it about?
Speaker 2: It was physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion and like and like they just beat you know, Like when when Hannah Brown, like Hanna Brown passed first season, I was like, if she can do this, I got this, you know. And then and I got into it, I was like, oh, this is a beast, you know. And because it's not about you know, like it's everyone's own level of you know, you're in your own competition like golf, so exactly exactly okay, and so like what I'm going through is super hard for me and maybe it's different for somebody else, you know. And once I did it, man, I had so much more respect for for Hannah and Carly Lloyd and you know those are the finishers you know, the last year, Like those people are bad ass, you know. And but yeah, I got through it. And then it just gave me even you know, we got to get a little sliver and taste of what the military goes through. And I just, you know, the amount of respect you know I already had is now even way more above all that my brother's in the army. I'm like, jeesus, like, you guys go through this all, you know, and they don't even get them the love and the credit I think they deserve, you.
Speaker 1: Know, totally totally. Like you think about Navy Seals training, like what that must do to your mind?
Speaker 2: Now it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Wow, it sounds like a great experience. I mean, how long were you there?
Speaker 2: Eight days?
Speaker 1: Eight days? Okay, so they put you how many people are there?
Speaker 2: Fourteen of us?
Speaker 1: So they put you in a room with Tom Sandoval? Uh were you aware of everything that was going on? Like there's no time to talk about that nonsense.
Speaker 2: I didn't know Tom Standibal. Well I started to understand who Tom Standible was because I mean everyone in the world, you know, saw the scandal and all that stuff, and so oh this would be interesting to you know, be on the show with this guy. And and I mean I was sat next to the guy. We our bunks were right next to each other, you know. So I got to got to be around on quite a bit and get to know him, you know, quite well. And you know Tom. Tom's an interesting guy.
Speaker 1: So I think you're a pretty good judge of character. And he's on a reality show and The Bachelor is a real or the Bachelor at Bachelor Nation is a reality show, but it's a different type of reality show, the same way that The Apprentice is a different type. Like there's a goal, there's like they only care about pretty much the goal, and then there are other things around it, but that's what it is, whereas Bravo type vander Pomper House, it's kind of a little bit. It's a little bit different. So my question is, and I think it's they're like the Unsullied. It's their job to create ratings, you know, it's their job to create drama and ratings. And yes, The Bachelor is like that. Two Bachelor Nation is like that too, but it's a little different in my opinion from what I've heard. So I don't. I don't. I never really watched Vanda Promper Rules until I was interviewing Rachel for my podcast. I did not know what I was walking into I did not know the explosion that this was going to be. Honestly, it's insane, this this this thing. But my question to you, you know, I don't know what role they're all playing as characters because the show is in a bar. So my question is do you think he's a good guy or a bad guy?
Speaker 2: I think you know, Tom, Here's what I told everyone about the show. As the show strips everyone down to their core, right, okay, and you I think watching the show, you'll you'll have a different opinion of how you look and perceive people, you know, Okay, because Tom had a lot of ship talk to him, a lot of hate. Nick had a lot of ship, a lot of talk to him, a lot of hate. Like you're watch and you're gonna see, like my views and perspective, you know, perspective of them changed. I think Tom Tom fucked up. Tom. Tom did something you should never do, should never cheat on your woman, you know, like we all know that problems did it, and it's broadcasted to millions of people, and then the pilot right that we live on and the canceled culture we live on just goes and like like he got you know, he he cheated but you know it was treated like murder, you know.
Speaker 1: And interesting. So you think he's a good guy that does bad things or has done bad things.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, I mean when he talked, he looked out for everybody there on the show. He was you know, he would he would help out, you know, he wouldn't even you wouldn't even ask for his help, and he'd be helping you out. You know. He like he was a guy who you know, when you're doing this, you need each other. And he was there for everybody that needed him when he needed you know, sometimes Tom would do some things on his own, and Tom would fuck up here and there. You know, Tom makes mistakes. We all make mistakes, you know, on the show, and Tom would make mistakes sometimes more than others. But at the end of the day, Tom never had ill intent in his heart towards any of us, towards anyone on the show. He was just there to try and make it better for everybody else, you know, And.
Speaker 1: You could tell, like on a Survivor, you could tell who Richard Hatch was or wasn't, like you're saying, you could tell. In this experience, it's stripped down a situation, so you feel like you have an accurate That's very interesting. That's an interesting that I'm trying to get at overall. Where Listen, I if I invested in all those seasons, what I maybe have hated Raquel for what was portrayed, But it also is the thing that literally kept the show from cancelation. That's been said, and it's been millions and million, tens and maybe hundreds of millions of dollars in profit as a result of that affair. So you know, and I know that some people everyone plays a different part, and some people are there to be the villain that may be the only role that they're good at playing, or this is what producers are leaning them towards her, this is what they're making money for. And it was an interesting thing overall because you said that you thought that you thought that she had some sort of a hold on him Raquel, like that he she was in his heart or his mind or present there, like he did have a feeling for her, which I was surprised by.
Speaker 2: Repel the new girl.
Speaker 1: Raquel's the girl he had the affair with, yes, not the yeah like you, I hadn't seen it until I had to see it. But yeah, Raquel's the one who had an affair with while he was in a relationship with Arianna living together for ten years.
Speaker 2: He definitely talked about it in a positive light and wanted to grow their relationship and wanted to move forward, you know, like he had. He wanted to try and grow that, you know. And so I mean, I think this show you'll really get to see a lot of that. You know, you'll see a lot of character development with Tom. You know, I think this was the greatest. This show was probably the best thing for Tom's and the timing of the situation that Tom was in this is interesting, probably the the best thing for him to cut. And we talked about it, you know a little bit yesterday when I was with him at the event the premiere to the premiere event. You know, he's like you kind of gave him a little slap on They asked, like, all right, you can stop feeling sorry for yourself. You need to go move on with your life. You know, like you made your mistakes, you took your beatings, you know what I mean, you need you need to move on all your life. How many people do you know, you know that have cheated on their spouse. You know they have some shame and guilt from about you know, some people here and there in their community, but they don't have to answer to the whole town or the whole country.
Speaker 1: Brilliant, very smart, very insightful. The woman sometimes he took it bad. The woman's son, his higgs even worse because she's known as the vixen, the minx, the slut. You know. It's just so it's interesting. It just was as brought up, an interesting topic overall, bigger than a reality show. But what you say is true. It's something of the answer to the world. Like it was murder. He's not married, he doesn't have kids, he's on a show fueled by alcohol. I had the same reaction as you, But I just think everyone got hooked into that at that exact moment.
Speaker 2: To me, I had something. I think it's terrible and it's it's awful. That's something I never want to experience with my spouse, you know, But it happens in the pylon culture, the cancel culture. It's so sickening, and and people just what you put someone through by doing that, the nasty comments and messages like it's just it's to me, it's just terrible.
Speaker 1: People love it. It's gotten really people really enjoy it. You see people enjoying it. So I didn't. So do you think you would have been a professional athlete? You threw out your shoulder and you said I got to have a new path, and I didn't realize, like, how seriously on the path you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think a couple of things messed up my path. Well, three things i'd say, I'd say probably the wrong guidance early on about what positions and things I should be playing. You know. Two, I was a knucklehead party boy, loved to have like I had my first taste of freedom, and I went wild in college. And uh, I didn't really focus like I could have. And then three injuries. You know. I tore my knees, tore my left knee twice, to my right knee once, tore both my shoulders, tore both my hips.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I was just hanging on my threads pretty much when I was trying to go pro with the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow. But that's still your first love in a way, because you said that that was your sort of dream.
Speaker 2: I'm a competitor. I love sports. I love I love football, love competing. That's why I love the show because I mean, it was it was it was competition, you know, it was competing, it was camaraderie, it was being in the locker room again, like I love I love that stuff. And you know it's when you get away from it, you miss it. That was my whole life, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that And I love those those articles that say the twenty five things you didn't know about someone. I was a good debater in high school too. So you were a good debater because because you're organized with your thoughts and you just what's the reason for that, Because there's a certain type that's a good debater.
Speaker 2: I had a really good partner, Bethany.
Speaker 1: Oh you weren't good on your own.
Speaker 2: I mean I debated in the ACC Debate Champion once. My buddy was was one of the top debat in the country, and he had me come do it, and and once I kind of rhythm had like the first couple of debates, then I became actually pretty good. But as I also able to speak about a topic that I felt, you know, passionate about, and it was about student ATHLETs if they could receive monetary conversation. And I was I mean, now they're all getting paid. You know, it's twenty We're talking about this six years ago in debate. But so I was able to be passionate about it, give you know first, you know, true life examples. So we crushed it was it was awesome.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that you have a love for food. I see your food you get really passionate. I'm the same, like you love to get the fine and taste the taste and is it really what it's supposed to be? Do you? Are you still doing that like just for fun? Are you still obsessed with that?
Speaker 2: I'm big on food. I'm right now I'm trying to be my domesticated Tyler Erras. I'm trying to go to the grocery store now and cook my own food and clean and do all these things at the house. But yeah, no, I love food. I mean I've kind of become a steak snob. Uh. You know, I'm like, I could this is expensive. I could probably make this better at home.
Speaker 1: You know a steak you mean in the preparation or in like the Woggi or the Japanese Like we're in the preparation you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good. I like the wag stuff. I like, you know, I'm a New York strip guy.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm a New York strip guy too, with you like the bone or off off the okay, because I'm a New York strare person too. Where's your favorite place to get stay?
Speaker 2: A fair place to get stak? There's a there's a place in town and JUPI are called evo. If you've ever done the dry ash New York strips, amazing.
Speaker 1: But charred medium, like what's your temperature? Or you do medium rare? Your medium rare? Do you make it at home with like the head of gar like and then you started off in the in the skillet and then you finish it in the oven or because it's harder and the grill is good, But the grill I don't think it's as good as like the skillet pan rose you have.
Speaker 2: So I do the green egg.
Speaker 1: So I charcoal like it's oh you do love the green the.
Speaker 2: Green egg with it, and it's nice.
Speaker 1: But that green egg makes a difference in the cooking technique.
Speaker 2: So and I can still do the same because the green egg get so hot, So I put it in there. You know, I get it, you know, you know around two fifty three fifty and I get it to my temperature that I needed to pull it off, and then I get that green egg to like five hundred and six hundred degrees and then I chart nicely on the on the outside.
Speaker 1: That's like the Peter Lugers because they have those old hot ovens and that's that truck. You've been to Lugers, right, they have that old Like yeah, all right, I'm gonna I might get the green egg if it's that. You tell me that big of a difference.
Speaker 2: Okay, I never could go on propane ever. Again, green Egg is where to go.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I'm gonna all right, I gotta write that down. I mean, I knew about it, but I just forgot that I knew about it. So dating, would you do? You? Online?
Speaker 2: Date?
Speaker 1: Was that ridiculous question, like how do you meet people? And how do you deal with trust issues?
Speaker 2: You know, I try, like the Rye app, I've tried, I've done some, I've done some dating. You know, dating has changed a lot for me, probably in the past year and a half two years. You know, I dated, you know, I dated the model, I dated the influencers. I did all that, and then I was like I'm kind of stepped away from dating for a while and then I'm now putting myself back out there. But my whole perspective on the change. At first, I was always I gotta date somebody with a name and this, and shes gotta be cool, she's gotta be hosh, she gotta be all this. And now I'm just trying to date somebody. You know, Steve Harvey, who I like to listen to. He uh, he said, And I was simple as he said. Women are like an elevator button. They can either bring you up or they can bring you down. And I look at everyone I meet now like can they bring me up in life or they can? Are they going to bring me down in life? And you know, are they going to match my morals, my values? All those things? And it's just broken down in a very simple way. And I can tell within two three dates if it's going to be an up or down type of woman for me. And that's kind of how I look at things now.
Speaker 1: I look at dating celebrities because I've met celebrities before and dabble not like you did, I mean you date. Although Gigi seems like a class act, I've met her mom, her sister sort of is a fan of mine. But she seems like a class act, but like a different level than dating the influencers from my perspective, But I would think that that would just feel like a lot thinking of who you are, where you come from, and how ground you are. Even if a person's amazing, it would seem like you're in some machine, like you just have to like deal with all that someone's got constant glam and social media and teams and entourages. And I would think that would be overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And for me, I want a simple life, like I want to. I want to create a lot of opportunity and do a lot of things and make a lot of money so I can do the things I want to do, which is not much. I want to I want, I guess I want to coach high school football. I want to live by the water. I want to be able to be on my boat, you know, I want to have some land to So it's like I want to find someone that fits into that lifestyle. And I've been back home. I've been dating back home, which you know, I'm not dating celebrities, I'm not dating influencers, you know, I'm dating just people, you know, and I've loved it. It's been a good change and it's been very healthy and uh, you know, it's getting a lot better for me.
Speaker 1: What's the age range? I'm just thinking because I went to Pine Crest. I don't know if you know that. Do you know that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you went to Pine Crest?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went to Pine Crest. So I spent a lot. I spent a lot of time in Florida, but I went to high school in Florida. But what's the age range?
Speaker 2: I probably I saw her. It used to be like young twenty two is like my last girlfriend. But now I'm like, it's got to be like twenty seven, twenty six and above.
Speaker 1: Do you date older?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would, Okay, I'll think about it. Not that you asked me to, but you never know. It's good to be set it's good to be set up. I mean, I would say that's a decent, decent way. And I actually I think online is good. Okay, do you care. I don't dating someone who's heavily into social media or being in a relationship. I don't like that, which is a double standard. But there's one peacock I guess in this relationship.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 1: It turns me off. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Honestly, that's one of the things that me and my buddies will joke. That's a green flag for us. It's like, you know, after all, social media, they don't they don't care about that life because that life is so consuming. I hate social media, so I hire people to do my social media, you know, because I don't want to be on it. You know, I don't want to you're doing.
Speaker 1: By the way, no one would believe me. I if I, like were taught when I retire, which won't be that long, I wouldn't be doing it at all. I never understood it from the beginning. I never understood telling people what you're eating where you are. And I do it a lot, but it's become a vehicle, as you know, and you do it too, but it's like a really vicious cycle.
Speaker 2: I thot those things away down the road and get a flip phone and not to worry about internet on my phone. That would be the biggest job.
Speaker 1: It'll happen soon. Keep with the restaurants. I like this for you restaurants fishing. You get a whole program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a tool, but and I'll use it for now. But yeah, if she's not on social media, that's a huge plus. You know, if she's not on it much, it's great.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a green flag. I haven't used that, not a red flag. It's a green flag if someone doesn't have it. So about the Bachelorette experience, it seems like it was an amazing experience for you. It seems like you did it to find love and also just for an adventure, Like you seem like that type of person. You are competitive, as you said, and in reading about it, I think like you really did want to propose, like you wanted to quote unquote when but not really just for the show. But it seems like you really thought you could have a life together. Is that really like you? You were not a little bit freaking out that it might happen and that you might have to deal with it, think about if it would really last, Like what was going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, of course I was freaking out, Like that morning when I was getting ready to propose, I was I was sick to my stomach. I was nervous as butterflies, you know what I mean? Because this is a big step in my life. But I knew if it was meant for me, you would happen, you know, and and we figure it out, you know, And so I was excited. It was a big day. You know. I was definitely like in that I was in bubble love for sure. I was ready to fall in love with that girl. And and you know, like and and and you know, hopefully build a future. And it didn't work out that way, you know, and if it would have worked out, you know, who knows what could have happened, you know, but you know, everything happens the way as opposed to and it was a blessing it didn't, you know.
Speaker 1: But and you're still friends. You still have a good relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so have a good relationship, still friends. You know, she's great, Uh, you know, she just got engaged. I'm very excited for her. You know, I just want her to be happy.
Speaker 1: She seems great. I just wonder, like what, you know, it it was meant to be also because she's wanted this life and entertainment, and you want a girl who wants to be like in Jupiter on your boat. So that's a part of it too. Like she went on the ride, no disrespect her. I think she's wonderful and she's got a podcast which got a whole thing going. She was amaze. I just think life is interesting. But I just wanted to know that you genuinely really wanted it. Not because I care, not because I'm like a big fan of the I'm just curious that, like if what I was watching was that you really were into it. But you're right, Gabby. Wendy came on the podcast and she did talk about the bubble, and it makes sense. I've been in a situation where I'm going to be married on TV. I'm having a baby on TV, and it's not something you can control. That is different. It's like it's on steroids, the experience you're having.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it is, I mean. And that's one thing I always told myself was like one of my favorite coaches saying is was be where your feet are and and I would be on his luxurious you know, dates and doing the craziest things. But I always would tell myself, remember what you're here for. I get to know this girl. Don't worry about the dates, and don't fall in love with the scene and the setting. Fall in love with this person. You know, and and you know, that was kind of what kept me grounded and kept me into it. And I like to she was she was an amazing girl. I fell in love with her on the show and and you know, I thought we could have had something special. And when when it didn't happen, it was it was. It was a lot of emotions. I was upset. I talked to my book how I cried walking down the steps in Greece from my resort, you know, and I was like, it was I was emotional because you know, with her, I was upset didn't work out because I really wanted to work out. And then also like in my life, I've always come this close to so many things, you know, football that, relationships, so many things in my life has been right here. Yeah, and uh so that was just like, damn here I am again.
Speaker 1: You know that's interesting. I get that. I really get that. That's funny. Do you still feel that way now or you don't think of things that way coming as close?
Speaker 2: You know, It's it's a great reminder because I think a lot of the reasons why I always ended up here was certain things in my preparation or things I didn't do right, or you know things I can reflect on that I can be better at in the future, so hopefully I can close the gap on other things in life down the road.
Speaker 1: And I read that there. I can't imagine why they wouldn't ask you to be the host. I don't know that you would want that. I spoke to Chris Harrison on here, but I think you would be so great. You're You're funny, you're smart, you think before you speak, you're polished, you're solid. I mean, you know the whole game. And has that ever come up, Like, would you do that?
Speaker 2: What hosts the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean no, it has It has not come up, But I mean I would too. It's the greatest job in the world. Do you travel around the world. You see you say like three sentences an episode and then you're up.
Speaker 1: You know, Like, I think you should have that job. I just would like you to have that job. I want you to I just I'm saying that right now. I think you. I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't have that job. I'd like that job for you.
Speaker 2: It would be great. I think you know, they probably won't want me to go through the Bachelor lead first to get to that point.
Speaker 1: But Chris Harrison wasn't a bachelor.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Jessin Palmer was. I guess it's I'm thinking, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's there's a lot of things that happen differently. I don't know I'm putting that out there. I think you're obvious, and I don't know why it's not. It hasn't been said like formally or officially.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And ABC called you a feminist and you kind of felt like that was flattering, But you were being called a feminist for just being sort of an honorable an honorable man. That's doing the right thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think I was just doing the respectful right thing. You know.
Speaker 1: It's so true. And I have a thirteen year old daughter, and it starts really young, meaning the way that the girls treat each other and kiss the other person's boyfriend, and the way that the boys act like punks, et cetera. And it's really, I don't want to say it's a full time job. It's a consistent job of me to really talk to her about how you should be treated like it's something and not to just oh, that guy's a jerk, don't I mean, to really like get into emotionally what you deserve and you should never settle for less than what you deserve. And it's a lot of I think that mothers need to start that really early with their own experiences, sharing their own experiences and like dynamics because I feel like it's working. My daughter likes the nice sort of almost not dorky, but like the cute, nice boys that are really sweet to her and like have the glasses and come up and like give her a flower versus like there are young punks at that. You know, she's thirteen, and I like that. I feel very proud of that because it is an open dialogue and it requires a lot of conversation and a lot of listening and watching what they're doing and who they're talking to. And it starts really early, it does.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just all about I get on my brothers, my boys. You know. I was like, we never treat them like this, you know, like this is you know, like we were we're protectors and all our friends. We have such tight girlfriend groups, you know, And I think that's where it all started, is like having a really great platonic relationship with a girl, so then you can respect them, you can be there for them. You can hear what they're going through and also be a voice for them on the other end of it too, you know. And so it's just I'm in a relationship with a girl. If I'm seeing a girl, that person is important to me, and I'm gonna treat that person like I treat my best friends.
Speaker 1: It's funny. My fiance is like that. He's he has a code and it's down to the little things, like he would never in a restaurant look over and be like, oh, she's hot, or if I even say, do you think she's attractive, he won't even comment. Like he has sort of a code and just a way that he thinks that you're supposed to respect, not a way that you're supposed to way that he does respect a woman and me. And it's really safe, you know, it's really safe. He's not one of these I've dated the hot shot. It's really exciting all the time. Feels like you're driving with no breaks and everything is a party, and you know, he's a very solid, loving, amazing partner, and it's it's just different, and I you know, it's different.
Speaker 2: Nothing worse than feeling insecure in your relationship.
Speaker 1: Insecure and like I use that with it, like you're driving with no breaks, like you're kind of like you know, you're ahead of yourself, and it seems good and it's just something feels on comfortable. Yeah, it feels unsafe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally. They're miserable. They're terrible. You know, they're anxiety filled and driven and you know it's it's it's not good.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you're a one last question. I think you're great. I really do. I wanted to have you on here since the beginning. I liked you from the minute I met you. I liked you from watching you on TV. I was right in telling my friend that you would go the distance as just a human being and not being like every other guy. And I think you deserve all your success. I genuinely do so. I'm really grateful you came on. I can't wait to see all the things you're doing. I want to see the business deck and I want to you know, we'll get together, hopefully in Florida or when you you know, come to New York. But I wanted to ask you, uh, your rose and thorn of your career, My.
Speaker 2: Rose and thorn. Oh that's a good, that's a good one. My rose. Well, so my rose would be of the foundation I started. We started a foundation on in my mom. And uh, you know, I'm able to now give kids full scholarships to go to school and we're paying full tuition now. We have seven girls right now, and none of this would be possible it wasn't for my career in this world. It's a way to shine a light on my mom still, because this is what she did for everyone in our community, was finding ways to help them go to college. So I think, you know, the culmination of everything that this world, in this career has brought me has been able to you know, allow me to impact others, and to me, that's how I was raised, you know, like my mom, she always did everything for everyone in our community. My dad's the same way. And so the rose is being able to take everything that I've gotten this world and then give it to others. The thorn would probably be dealing with my phone in like social media. To me, that's the hardest thing, you know, it's it's just a pain, there's you know, it's I've never had anxiety, depression, any of that stuff until I had this following in this phone and I think that's been my biggest thorn. And you know, like you know, comments and things like that, Like those things, as much as you want to say they don't get to you, those things do get to you at times. So those things make you trigger shy and to not post or be who you want to be on there, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not beyond this world is such bullshit where they act like you, Oh, be honest, you have to be yourself. This is the time now, twenty twenty three. It could be free and be open, and it's the opposite. It's the time for fear.
Speaker 2: I post about things that matter, things that I care about, and I post about things that help grow, you know, and and so I think it's just you know, that'd be my biggest thorn is just dealing with the anxiety and drama social media. I feel bad for people like Raquel and like Tom that you know they fucked up, but you know, well and then they get crucified forever. That's a fast to end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. And it's funny that you're a person that I if I look at your social media, I think you've you're You're a perfect example because you are a person that I look at your social media. It seems perfect, seems like you don't care at all and you're just natural at it and everything goes your way. And then you tell me this and it actually makes me feel like you're human, and wow, it's happening to you too, because if it's happening to you, a person that looks like you've got, it's so locked and it's so perfect, and you're just that guy that like everything works out for it. Not belittling your experiences, just meaning you post something it looks cool to millions of people like it, and you're good looking and you're working out and it's perfect, Like that's what I see. So now that I hear that there's anxiety behind it, you know, I don't want to say it makes me feel better because misery doesn't love company, but it's relatable. So I appreciate you sharing that because I really do get it. It's frightening. You're the best, So it's thank you for doing this. I good luck with the show. And your book is amazing everyone by it. It's really insightful and well written and I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm happy for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I appreciate you. She's always good. Catch up with you, Bethany, and thank you for having me on here. You know, check out our show on Special Forces September twenty fifth. Whatever you need for me, Bethany, I'm always here.
Speaker 1: So likewise, Tyler's book is you deserve better, and you do and the book is amazing. Thank you, Tyler. I can't wait to talk to you again.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Talk to you soon, Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Tyler Cameron is wonderful. I met him years ago. He is I don't even like saying he's a pretty face, because he's so much more than a pretty face. He's interesting, he's textured, he's intelligent, he's well spoken, he thinks before he speaks. He's methodical, he's a class act. He's a family person. He's he's wonderful. I can't say a negative thing about Tyler. He's just I really like him and I will help him in any way. Like team Tyler Cameron all day long. And I would love to have a son like that, Like that's amazing. He's wonderful.