Speaker 1: I leave in I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 2: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and.
Speaker 3: A termino and gage aid.
Speaker 4: We want to send you off in style.
Speaker 5: We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 1: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 5: We scared her? Was it fine?
Speaker 1: Malborn?
Speaker 5: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do your need.
Speaker 6: Ride with Karen and Chris?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 4: It is yes, this is the future.
Speaker 5: I know the future is here and is waiting to pick you up. I'm so sorry that's not so Hi Hi.
Speaker 4: Hi y Mark, good to see you. Yeah, we must apologize. Karen's hair was wet. Oh no, I'll take the full blame.
Speaker 5: Now the future. I'm going to back down the street. You can go straight? Oh I can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe we went to your old house first.
Speaker 5: Did you go to Belden? Did you go to Belden? Is that the one it's up behind the Gelson's. Yeah. Yeah, I was like, guys, I know where it is. I've been to this multiple times, but we got all kind of This is our first episode back in the car since the pandemic. Yeah, oh, that's incredible. You're a premier guest.
Speaker 1: I'm honored.
Speaker 5: This is really cool. This is this is your car?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Now, this is incredible. And do you have to plug it in?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you plug it in at your house? I do?
Speaker 5: I have a charger in my garage.
Speaker 4: Did they install that for you?
Speaker 5: I had to have an electrician install it?
Speaker 4: Okay? Okay?
Speaker 1: And then how many How does it compare compare to going to the gas station.
Speaker 5: It is so much cheaper, It's crazy, and I feel like this the savings. Uh, I couldn't afford not to buy it. Well, I actually ended up first of all the state. And I'd like to make is I bought a Tesla before Elon Musk came out as a full on Nazi, right, so I'm absolutely considering getting rid of it or at least shopping for other electric cars. But I will say this, I bought this car right before the gas crazy gas was like eight dollars a gallon. I got it right before, and I was so like a little devil giggling to myself because it felt like such a win. Yeah, sure, you go ahead, but uh yeah, so it's it's great because then you just plug it in. I don't even drive that much, so it's really worth it and really good.
Speaker 4: What if all the electricity in the city goes out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then I walk.
Speaker 4: Okay, So it's a good if you want to exercise in the future.
Speaker 5: But then do you can it drive you?
Speaker 1: This? Can you?
Speaker 5: It's supposed to be able to. But I would never do the self driving. I don't think they really have the technology in the way where you don't kill children.
Speaker 1: Right, it seems really weird. Yeah, I would be so freaked out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just don't because I think, like driving up north, you can put it on, like if you're just on the five and you're still steering, but it's just gassing and breaking for you. But oh I think it also can steer for you. But I don't trust anyone or anything, So.
Speaker 1: I don't even do like cruise control, right, I've never ever done that.
Speaker 4: I feel the same way. I like to be in control of my accelerating and my breaking and my Jake breaking.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be relaxing in the car and kind of like not.
Speaker 1: And like just you know, being a passenger, you know you're supposed to drive it. But then but this is really cool. Like so the whole skylight, it's like a big you're in the outside.
Speaker 4: I didn't even look.
Speaker 1: Up, you see, Like it's like such a trippy thing because it's like a big window. Yeah, but it doesn't really it's weird because the tint is really good on it. So I don't it's not like you get hot or anything. Yeah, I don't have to worry about my melanoma or anything.
Speaker 4: As far as I know, I'm sold on it. Except for that whole Nazi thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a real wrench. It just yeah, he ruins it. Yes, but.
Speaker 1: It's also such a cool car.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's really fast, it's great on the freeway.
Speaker 4: I mean it looks like a modern home. I thought this was made to look like Marble with it. But it's little pop prints.
Speaker 5: It's all dog. Oh dogs, little dog. It's dogs going.
Speaker 1: Where are we going?
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Do they like the car?
Speaker 5: They both get pretty stressed out. They're not car dogs really. So I have a dog named Blossom who is famous for throwing up within five minutes of being in the car. Yeah, I think she thinks I'm driving her back to the pound. No, and I try to tell her, but she won't listen. And then Frank just is always kind of stressed out. So they don't love it. But yeah, maybe with time, maybe if I just keep torturing both of them, they'll get into it.
Speaker 4: Time. Heals all dog truck, My.
Speaker 1: Little dog that loves She loves the car. But she always knows when we're home because I do this really hard left into the driveway that I don't ever make in any other situation. So that's when she knows we're home and that she she has like this bed that is like in the front seat and it's got like a little harnessed it's like her seat belt. And she just really loves the car.
Speaker 5: Oh, she's very comfortable in it.
Speaker 4: I love for your dog.
Speaker 1: She's sweet.
Speaker 4: I'm not like it's uh Chihuahua and maybe something else.
Speaker 1: She's Chuahua Dalmatian mixed, but I don't.
Speaker 4: See the Dalmatian. I don't neither at all. Would not expect that dog to fight fire.
Speaker 1: Is she is?
Speaker 5: She bigger than a regular Chua.
Speaker 1: She's so she's about five pounds and a half pounds.
Speaker 4: Like it is a full on dog that you could have in this purse.
Speaker 1: Oh, Yeah, she's like a like a juicy couture ye two K.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Paris Hilton. That's hot dog Like it's a very little you know, the Lure track suit.
Speaker 4: Your dog is a Los Angeles when I moved here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's.
Speaker 5: Very Melrose in two thousand and two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and needly forget the movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Yeah, very that.
Speaker 5: Your dog always has her midro showing.
Speaker 1: She's really into crop tops and.
Speaker 5: She's a very belly chains.
Speaker 1: Belly chains. And Matt pilates, she does a lot of mat plata.
Speaker 5: He keeps it tight.
Speaker 4: But your dog's eyes, there's so much. I just was staring into that dog's eyes.
Speaker 1: She loves men. Oh, she loves men so much it's really embarrassing.
Speaker 4: So I shouldn't have taken it personally.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just she loves any man any like she just and she loves all of the men of Largo in particular, like Flanny and and and my goal.
Speaker 4: And yeah, she loves she loves guys. That show that I was honored to do was very a very magical night. And I don't say that phrase ever, but it's.
Speaker 1: A great it's a great I wish that Karen would do the show with me. I want to, you know, we can do some comedy.
Speaker 5: I think, can you people treat it up?
Speaker 1: We should do our thirtieth anniversary of the People Tree up and bring Bruce and Sue.
Speaker 4: What it's the People Tree?
Speaker 5: Margaret and I. I can't believe I've never told you this, Margaret and I what year was that? Like ninety seven? Ninety six?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was like ninety six.
Speaker 5: We wrote a sketch show and just put it up and it was like me, Margaret, we had Jeff hats in it.
Speaker 1: We Jeff was really great at Bruce Daniels, Bruce Daniels, Stey mcculluch, Y McCullough, John Travis, Oh, John Travis, and John Travis was kind of like he was more of an outer member, so he was moving more like the Buck Henry or he would have maybe done like mister Bill kind of sketches like he was sort of a little bit like outside of it but still in it.
Speaker 5: Honorary.
Speaker 1: And so the sketches we did, we had two picture frames and then we would put the sketches happening in the comedy were happening in.
Speaker 5: The sketch the picture frames, Yeah, so I remember.
Speaker 1: And then we did something ap parroting the Canadian Broadcasting Company at some kind of like it was like a Canadian children's show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't it was a teen show. I shudder to think what those sketches were like. I know there was one where like you were winning an award and then I was at home, like in my picture of Rame, I was drunk at home. Remember that one where I was just kind of like it's my time. It was very like a little bit Gray Gardens is funny, nervous breakdown. There were some highlights, there were some low lights.
Speaker 1: I think you broke your leg too.
Speaker 5: I broke my ankle at that fucking theater in Santa Monica.
Speaker 4: Yeah, during I strained.
Speaker 5: I did this thing when we were rehearsing and I was like, I have to go to the bathroom, and I ran across this stage did a jump just because I was like so happy and having so much fun. When I landed, I was I landed right on a black wire that didn't have any like warning tape on it, and so I just slid and then rolled my ankle and then just had this fuck up ankle.
Speaker 4: When people get punished for having fun.
Speaker 5: That's what it felt like. It was very dramatic.
Speaker 4: Did I tell you about the time that I was Howard Kramer's backup dancer and broke my arm during a show and did not know. I did the diving worm and there was a mattress and I missed the mattress, but I continued to dance shit and found out later that I had broken my arm.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, surprisingly, though there's many there's a whole spectrum when it comes to arm breaking, and mine was at the very.
Speaker 5: Low hairline fracture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hairline or green stick as they often say. Oh, but not as often as hairline. So why did I even say didn't cast? I didn't. It was too late. It it healed on its own.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you powered through it. Sorry, Margaret. I'm just randomly driving. Do you want me to take you anywhere specific? Or should we just drive around?
Speaker 1: We can drive around. I was thinking. I suggested the Korean market, but that's very close to here, which if you wanted to go there, you could just go right okay here or towards the right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, when I when I mentioned that we will take you somewhere, I didn't realize. I didn't mean to plant the idea that we would go into the market and be able to record. We aren't that mobile, even though we're in a car.
Speaker 1: Well, then let's just strive.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, we're fine but perfect.
Speaker 4: If you had planned and brought a list for the Korean market, we can go there.
Speaker 5: No, it's all right. Are you going to get a bunch of those really awesome gummies that are like Kiwi flavored and shit, and they can get from here?
Speaker 1: They're all like individually packed. They're so good.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do love it.
Speaker 1: Very realistic grape flavors. All of those gummies are really really good.
Speaker 5: A white grape gummy like you didn't know you wanted it until you're eating it.
Speaker 1: It's so delicious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're our whole lives. We just assume that it's okay that purple grape flavor that's not as nowhere near what grape is. It's a candy flavor, right.
Speaker 1: But those Asian like a muscat grape or very real, hyper realistic, but not there's not really a real flavor. It's very interesting. They're trying to match a thing.
Speaker 5: I really because of my deep passion for gummy candies. I had no idea how good the and is it Korean or is it Japanese?
Speaker 1: I think the ones that you are specifically thinking of a Japanese or they're individually wrapped once. The kiwi ones are Japanese.
Speaker 5: So it's kind of racist that I'm even talking.
Speaker 1: About No, no, no, I mean it's they're all sort of like all marketed to them. Asia is like a big, big They're all kind of the same in a way. Yes, that like School of Candy and the peach ones that's very Japanese.
Speaker 5: Like a white peach, Oh yeah, so good.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 4: I think I've only had white peach and tea form. Oh yeah, it seems like a tea flavor.
Speaker 1: It's a but the the candy. I love a sour cola bottle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I haven't had one of those since I was ten.
Speaker 5: I feel like the cola ones, the coke bottles are harder to chew than all of the gummies.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: The biggest challenge, well, they're trying to remind you then in real life they are indeed made of glass, right, so much like the you know when you're you're you're digging into a whole bowl of runts and then you come upon the banana. It's just reminding you don't bite into a banana peel. That's why they're rock hard.
Speaker 1: The runs are the ones that are they have like a little hard banana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ye, so hard, I guess because they're longer. And they were like, hey, these are getting brittle in the bag. What do we do. Let's make them tooth chippingly hard and that they'll maintain their integrity.
Speaker 5: The kids will love the integrity.
Speaker 4: I just love miniatures, and I love the through of the loom logo, and I love tiny fruit. I'm not gonna hide it anymore, you know.
Speaker 1: You know it's so good, it's so yeah, my mouth is really watering.
Speaker 5: If you had to. If we were to stop at any store right now.
Speaker 4: Uh oh uh?
Speaker 5: All the time?
Speaker 4: Do we do it?
Speaker 5: Should we go there?
Speaker 4: Margaret? We used to always go through the Starbucks drive through, so much so that at any time I have a show, I would receive Starbucks cards and I through the entire pandemic live off of them.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: It's been a year since I received one, and now I'm not Let's do it.
Speaker 5: We got to do it.
Speaker 4: Right your set the other night. You're very good at stand up and it was fun to watch and I learned from watching you. But also You're audiences was ridiculously great.
Speaker 5: They were wonderful. I mean you, you're so funny.
Speaker 4: They were enjoying the way I was talking.
Speaker 5: I just they loved you so much.
Speaker 4: I thank you.
Speaker 1: They really loved you.
Speaker 4: I think I wasn't fishing for a complimentary no, but they feel great.
Speaker 5: They were so enamored with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's one of those situations where you're just talking in between jokes, and that was getting laughed since I thought, well, wait, are they making fun of me because I stammer and I'm not riddled with confidence, you know, because that's never been my thing. But they were just great. I just realized halfway through, like, oh, this is going well yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 4: Building.
Speaker 5: Does everyone just want to order for themselves?
Speaker 4: I think we should. This is very exciting. We haven't done this for years, and I wanted to let the briest and know we haven't done this in years.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'll take a tall mocha with just one pump of mocha in it, please.
Speaker 4: I will have a grande iced coffee with some almond milk and I'll get one pump, also a vanilla.
Speaker 1: I would like a cookies and cream cake pop.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I will never learn their sizes.
Speaker 5: Why not, it's been twenty nine years.
Speaker 4: You would think would be Oh, I don't know the tallest one, but it's in fact small.
Speaker 5: Right, so it's always befuddled me.
Speaker 4: Sounds huge and then VENTI sounds like something you say when you say goodbye at a party where people kiss each other on the cheek. Karen went to Italy.
Speaker 5: I just came back from Italy.
Speaker 4: Oh really, yeah, for a month.
Speaker 5: My glasses are so dirty. I look like a dirty well.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought they were broken one pair of glasses.
Speaker 5: No, no, oh that's yeah, that's as mudge.
Speaker 4: You know what. This is going to blow your mind. Watch this. I'm sorry that I'm being so aggressive. Don't watch this.
Speaker 1: Whoa, no way.
Speaker 4: This is a glasses cleaner that I keep in my pocket like a weirdo. Oh and I've lost my phone. I'm new to glasses, and so I get frustrated that they're always dirty. But if you just put these in your pocket, all types of pocket residue and oils. Yeah, and this just fits in its little coin.
Speaker 5: Purse, so it has its own yeah older, Yeah, nice, thank you. I really needed that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those were it's shockingly yeah, it's really. This is more time than I usually spend.
Speaker 5: It looks like I kind of slept face down on like a cheese pizza, isn't it well when you look through them continually that you don't see the dirt.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean they're going to be like new.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: It's like you're in Italy again with the clear skies and then I don't know you saw it the first time.
Speaker 5: Perfect?
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: So Margaret, you got to do a Margaret and Friends at Largo show like it was like.
Speaker 1: Like it was two thousand and three, and I do. I actually have a monthly there, so you should come and do the show with me. I love to, and but yeah, it's it's like month like every month, one or two months or something.
Speaker 5: But it's fun and you've been doing it, so are you like doing it? I've been building another hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean it's never like, uh, it's so weird, I guess. I mean I always try to do shows like there and then go on the road.
Speaker 5: I don't really do that much other stuff in town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, imagine it's is it hard for you to just show up? I would imagine it being hard for you to just do shows and not have there be chaos?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it's it's more that I just don't like to drive them.
Speaker 1: So lazy.
Speaker 4: Oh gotcha. So it's the same reason I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm so lazy.
Speaker 5: But if I had a car like this, I might so.
Speaker 4: That ooh boy, that was a pump up flavor. I have more of a sweet tooth now that I've stopped drinking.
Speaker 5: So wait, are you saying that you that Largo that show is basically what you do in town. Yeah, now that you have like a monthly show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't really.
Speaker 5: Do very many other things in town. I mean because I just.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like I'm just so like I don't want to leave my house ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, there's always the gamble of most shows not being fulfilling, and then you you get a bad read on a joke or.
Speaker 1: I don't Yeah, I don't know. Oh, like I kind of don't. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I guess I just don't like to I just don't like to drive around that much.
Speaker 1: But if I really need to do something, then I'll definitely go out and do more shows. I As I get older, I'm so less inclined to be out every at clubs every night. I think there's something about that. Some comics really still do love that, they love to just go to leath clubs and hang out. I just don't like it that much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I never did. I just keep doing it because I still have a lot of work to do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: Like when we were younger, we would never at home. We'd go out every night. It was it was all I wanted to do every single night. Yeah, And it was like not even a choice. It was just kind of like we would plan like that. The show was automatic, and then it's like and should we go to dinner? And should we?
Speaker 1: And we'll go to Fellini's and then.
Speaker 5: We'll go we do four things.
Speaker 1: Every night was a show, like it was like Monday was like Largo, or Sunday was on cabaret, Monday was Largo, Tuesday, I don't know, freestyle mm hmm. Every night there was something, yeah, or somebody would be in town.
Speaker 5: Yes, you'd go. Sometimes you would the very bittersweet times where it would be us going to see someone else do it and then it would just make me want to do it more the next night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like Mister Show's tapings yep, because Karen Karen was in Mister Show, so that you were like always going to those too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Did they tape them at Largo?
Speaker 1: No, they taped them on where was it?
Speaker 5: It was Hollywood Center maybe yeah, yeah, one of those those two are really similar to the Hollywood Center studios and the other one Sunset Gower, Yeah, maybe, I think.
Speaker 1: And then there was like a Fraser Rap party we would like go to, like a Fraser Rap party, you know, wouldn't matter, there'd be something we'd just get on the list of some party that we would we would no businesspan Thursday night we had this thing called.
Speaker 5: Cocktail Club, oh shit.
Speaker 1: And it was a place where you know, you would have a party from about six thirty to eight thirty and you would go and it was a little bit like swing dancing but no dancing.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was very mid nineties. Also. Cocktail Club like was started by Richard Rushfield and his friend and then we got in there and took over and turned it into a barn burner like tear down alcoholism party where the person who started it wanted to do like a we'll play pink Bartini in the background and be classy, and we're like, no, we're drinking straight out of this handle of vodka and we're gonna fucking get some shit done. And then the girl, the girl quit cocktail club, and then all of our front we just took over and then it was our thing.
Speaker 1: Very rude, but it was a place where you could meet all sorts of people like wearing vintage clothes, hats, squirrel nut zippers, might or might not be playing.
Speaker 5: There was Yeah, there was a lot of like did you read blank in the La Weekly. There was a lot of you know, local journalism warning us about scientology mm hmm, important stuff, clothes, cigarettes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, man, you're painting a real picture. And it is the movie Swingers.
Speaker 1: It's very much. It sort of predates the movie Swingers and then happened simultaneously concurrently with the movie Swingers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that movie had me taking swing dance lessons.
Speaker 5: It was that did you really? Oh yeah, did you really?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes? And I had a partner, I had a sub for in when that partner wouldn't show up, and I may or may not have borne a tiny hat. Wow. It was a little phase and my my skater friends didn't know about it. There was I just went with my pal Zach and we would go to swing class. But it was it was during that time that the you know, the third wave of SKA was I had. I was listening to music with horns and it.
Speaker 5: Was like, it's a very cherry pop and daddy.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love that music when it first came out, and never liked the name, of course.
Speaker 5: But we used to go see Skank and Pickle a lot live. That was a that was a part of.
Speaker 4: Our would Yes, I would listen to Skank and Pickle right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love they.
Speaker 4: Still they rule.
Speaker 1: They're the best I know.
Speaker 5: They had a song called Margaret Show.
Speaker 1: Yes, they wrote a song for me, and they were such nice guys and I still am in contact with some of them. But they, I mean, skas often misunderstood. I love it.
Speaker 4: I do too. I'm glad I can be open about that. I really still do. I know I was pretending that I said I used.
Speaker 5: To, but I really it's it's such an up vibe, like it really is a good you know, that's a good palette cleanser if you need some energy and some positivity, right, But I would like to go back to you taking swing dancing lessons, because then was the goal of that to then go to a club and swing dance with a stranger?
Speaker 4: Well, uh, yeah, it was it. I thought it was a healthy way to maybe meet someone in my small town, okay, and there were a few places that had bands that required that kind of dancing.
Speaker 5: So and do it work?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh oh god, I raked it in a kid raked it in. I'm talking about people, for God's sake. I yes, that was the reason. And it was fun and like if you grow up going to punk rock and metal shows, it's a show where everyone leaves happy. But there are elements of the music that I like. I wanted to learn how.
Speaker 1: To dance that way, so then everybody's doing the same choreography.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, there was. The class I took was more like traditional swing, so I'd actually end up going to kind of country music shows. Like it was. It was not ballroom. I should remember the types of swing, but it really is the same rudimentary body movement.
Speaker 5: It's just did you ever flip anybody up over your own hat?
Speaker 4: To each side and between the legs. You bet for real. I kind of overused the spinning thing, but it's a good thing to do when you don't know what to do. It's been hold in back to her, back to my chest and then out. I would do that three or four times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something scary. Yeah, that's a lot. Were they wearing saddle shoes? Did you wear saddle shoes?
Speaker 4: I know, I think I just wore skate sneakers. I didn't get into the foot where I want to.
Speaker 1: Penny loafers, wing tips.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wanted something. Yeah, you're right, I don't remember what was on my feet. I know I never wore a slippery shoe.
Speaker 5: Wait, this reminds me. Sorry to sidebar to Margaret, but this makes me think of that bar. Do you remember the Deluxe in San Francisco that was in the upper height and all the people that worked there dressed like they were from the forties. Yes, And it was super like intense cause playing the forties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were like so vintage that you just like smelled them coming. They with the mothball smell and they were really just seriously very with the high eyebrows and very like red lip that was really dry.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: But one lady looked exactly like Veronica Lake, like that was kind of her thing. And one time she came into the gap when I was working there, and I'm like, look, Ronica Lake is in real life. Like the only time we ever saw her was in that bar. That was such a weird fucking time. It was like all of culture was like, well, what do we do now, Like we've already done the seventies, we did punk. I guess now we just go back to the forties, like we're starting over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do that prohibition thing.
Speaker 1: Well, the nineties does forties. Yeah, But then the intense people that live so vintage that to me, it's like really exhausting. Yeah, to be that vintage it is.
Speaker 4: I love that you could smell mothballs other clothing of people that have passed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just start, you know. To me, it's just very But it reminds me of also where I know Pearl Harbor. You know that the rock star. She's Pearl She was in a band called Pearl Harbor and the Explosions.
Speaker 4: And I've never heard that.
Speaker 5: Man is the lady that's really tall?
Speaker 1: Uh No, she's probably about my hype. But she was married to Paul uh from the clash Paul simonon Oh Shit, and she had moved into the hood, and she said, the only way that you can be safe in the hood if you're not like from there, is to dress as rockabilly as possible. Then that's sort of a weird cloak of invisibility. So if you're really rockabilly that you no one pays attention to you, you have I don't know, maybe people think that you're just down. Oh it's really interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now I'm remembering that I did wear a series of western shirts. Oh so kind of rockabilly. Yes, I'm afraid.
Speaker 1: So we'll also swing dancing.
Speaker 4: Yes, very I used to be good at multitasking. But it also I moved to Austin, Texas in like two thousand and three, where I first saw you perform Margaret and also you were you were the first comic that was political and you were speaking out of all of Austin, Texas didn't care for w Bush, but you actually talked about it on stage, and.
Speaker 5: I had never what'd she say? Can you remember her jokes?
Speaker 4: She didn't like him?
Speaker 1: But you know, now, I really, I know, I really really like I really like him.
Speaker 5: I miss him.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm like, yeah, how precious, how cute?
Speaker 5: How cute Republicans you be like, how adorable?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think we we know now that he was just kind of being used as a puppet and didn't really maybe fully realize everything, like the New the New.
Speaker 1: He was a baby. He just kind of got he got caught up in it.
Speaker 5: He was the ultimate.
Speaker 1: He was the ultimate Nepo baby. He just kind of like was born into it, didn't know how to say no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would actually be a really good new version of succession is the Bush family succession story? Oh yeah, with h Walker whatever. That guy's name is some old me and one being me and to W.
Speaker 4: Well, oh yeah, that movie Vice kind of opened my eyes.
Speaker 5: A little bit to what he was really like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was funny. I remember it. South By Southwest there was a documentary called Journeys with George where there's correspondent traveled with al Alan Tippergore in one plane and then also on George Bush's plane, and everyone went there wanting to hate on w and he was just so likable in the thing that it really the audience left confused because on his plane there was a margarita machine and it's like dancing for the camera and just seemed sort of fun. And then then cut to Alan Tippergren. She'd be taking the F word out of rap music and he was reading about methane farts and or global warming, and it was just and there's classical music and they just seem less fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're definitely less fun. I just saw TikTok though, speaking of that of but it was a really old SNL. It was like one of the first What's Up with That? You know, Keenan Thompson is the guy does the whole long song and the two guests on What's Up with That? Were Al Gore and I can't It was an actress, some actress that looked like she had been trapped there. It was like Kristin Stewart or somebody. Al Gore is a really funny person to put in a sketch to be boring, because his voice is like it seems like he's doing a voice of a boring person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he so would. Yeah, he's like the most wood man.
Speaker 5: I mean, imagine like having to eat dinner with that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be like eating with the table, only because he's extreme Wood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's extreme Wood.
Speaker 5: He's he's like particle board Wood. We're just like, sir, we're actually and g Dubbs, it's like, yeah, he was a terrible public speaker and you know, mishandled nine to eleven and a war criminal.
Speaker 1: But but.
Speaker 5: You know he's got like that, you know, like he's like he's up for a good time.
Speaker 1: It's just sad, like it's something kind of I mean, it's but this is like compared to the Republicans of now, who are just I don't even know what's going on.
Speaker 5: They're straight up fucking Nazis. Yeah, yeah, they've they've totally unmasked in a way that's like no one is ready for this ship. No, it's horrible, and they're but what's cool is and sorry because I am fully addicted to TikTok and can't stop the me too. I love it so much. And there's all these people, these up and comers and politics that are just fucking going head dead with them and being like fuck you, it's so great. And that's a lot of like like you can tell they're like women who are like, hey, I was just planning on being like a mom and you know, maybe having my own small business and instead I have to go take on the government.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well everyone has a voice now and it's empowering and it's happening. It's kind of cool, it is, That's.
Speaker 1: What it's good about TikTok. But then you get onto like the alt right TikTok, which is so gross and so depressing and disgusting, or the turf TikTok makes me sick.
Speaker 5: Those people are so mad mentally ill.
Speaker 1: They're mentally ill, but they're just so like smug about it, using the bowl glamor filter to like just talk talk shit about, like being mad at Britney Grinder for hating America, which is like the dumbest you don't even know, Like they're like all these other people need to be saved from Russian prison, but you didn't even know their name, yeah right until this week. Like you're just like making shit up. It's just sick.
Speaker 4: How do you watch that side's view on TikTok without it changing your phone's algorithm into thinking that's what you want to see.
Speaker 1: It's stitched usually by somebody who is like an progressive who's making a talk, making a statement about it because I really get scared that I might get on that side.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't want those people.
Speaker 4: Every once in a while I see them try and flirt with me and I'm like, why is this in my and I flag it and go like not everything I can. Yeah, but then I don't know what it's important to keep your enemies close.
Speaker 5: As they say, well, I love when those people when the TikTok starts and it's one of those people saying they're weird bullshit, and then someone interrupts, but they're not doing like a debate style argument. It's just like, have you ever seen that guy does? He's doing like an old fashioned song and dance to the song called Shut the fuck Up. I think he's like a Broadway dancer because he has an amazing body and he's like seems like a highly trained dancer with like the big thigh muscle. Yeah, but he's doing like a tippity tap with a cane. It's so fucking funny, and it's like, shut the fuck up, Shut the fuck up, and it's that Those are my favorite when people are so funny.
Speaker 1: It's so it's just really I love how when a song will take over to that stake, so this week.
Speaker 5: It's like one margarita.
Speaker 1: I'll go over my legs.
Speaker 5: Two margaritas that would give me three baggers.
Speaker 1: I'll put it in, I'll put it in and then it just cuts out.
Speaker 4: It's like that Eddie Murphy is a little man. It's just a list of things.
Speaker 1: That's right. It bo put it tim Chamu, that's right, put a tin can, put a little tiny man in your butt.
Speaker 5: That was He was way the funk ahead of his time, that Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 1: That was a good song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so funny.
Speaker 4: That was his forat and making things for children because I was a kid that loved that song so much.
Speaker 1: Book in Your Butt was really was. It was a yeah, it's a bop. It's a good one.
Speaker 5: It's huge. It's huge.
Speaker 4: The things you can do uh well on rowdy powder at uh oh. He made that music with Rick j Rick James Rick James's House.
Speaker 5: But the Other Party all the Time is a really good song.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 5: It's it just is again.
Speaker 4: Cocaine a really good voice.
Speaker 1: I mean he's always had a really music like a musicality to his comedy and his you know, yes, everything about him.
Speaker 4: Margaret. Have you you've made music before? Right. Have you ever sang in a band?
Speaker 1: Yes, I sing in a couple of bands. I have a band with a bunch of people from Wilco and actually a member of Crowded House my part, and it's called Bros Before Chose. It's so stupid and with really dumb songs.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying in a few bands, but it never quite stuck, like you know. And I also again, I hate carrying shit, so I'm never good. I'm not gonna be good in a band because I don't want to carry anything to the venue or carry anything out.
Speaker 5: It's so embarrassing because you did this for a while too. You did guitar some guitar songs when you would go do comedy shows. And when I was doing the same thing, it was so motherfucking humiliating. Every time I would show up somewhere with my big dumb guitar, I would just be like, why am I doing this to myself? Like this is it's so all the other comics are just standing around normal, and then I'm still and they're like leaning against a big.
Speaker 1: Old acoustic guitar case, just humiliating. It's just so big and heavy, and I just don't want to carry it, and then I don't want to soundtrack, and I don't want to tune it, and then if I'm done with something on but then it's just sitting there and I'm not a good player necessarily, so it's not even like I can noodle on it.
Speaker 5: It's just it's a hassle. It is true, a true hassle.
Speaker 4: Did you have something with Broken Social Scene?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm actually in that band, tu, but I've never played.
Speaker 4: That is the recess of my brain.
Speaker 1: I've never played a gig with them, yet I'm in the band.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. They're one of my favorites of all.
Speaker 1: But there's so many people in it, Like so you could just say you're in it?
Speaker 4: Are you? Do you know Emily Hines?
Speaker 1: I don't know Emily. I know Kevin Okay, So he said I could be in it, and that I am in it if I if I'm asked in the future that i'm and I'm still in it.
Speaker 5: I love it so so like if you ever are on the road and they're on the road and you play in the same city on the same night, I can go.
Speaker 1: And and I told him I'll be walking backwards on stage playing the Triangle and I'll still be in it. But yeah, I'm in it, but that's not I've done a lot of stuff with Canadian musicians like a Cy Newman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh he's my favorite. His solo album is actually what got me into the New Pornographers and Emily Hines or the metric is what got me in.
Speaker 1: I love metrics and I love stars.
Speaker 4: Maybe I should have just moved to Canada.
Speaker 1: They have They have really good music because everywhere it's cold.
Speaker 5: Great bands, Yeah they have to go in the basement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the only warm place it's the studio.
Speaker 1: So it's cold, like like Belle and Sebastian, that's the best band because it's cold. Yeah, they got to go inside.
Speaker 4: There is something to that.
Speaker 5: It's true. They they said that's why grunge exploded the way it did is because everyone and so cool Seattle and Portland was stuck inside.
Speaker 4: Just trying to stay dry.
Speaker 5: Speaking which it's like almost the beginning of June and it's raining, popular summer and yeah we're in this is like where out the Avenue is in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Let's yeah where I'm from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of sporadic sprinkles, I have to I hate doing this, but it's a certain age. I just have to use the well.
Speaker 5: I mean, we've been in this car for three fucking hours.
Speaker 4: It's well. I added coffee to it. And it's a really real Billy Wayne Davis episode where I remember I had to go into his house, use the bathroom and wake up a baby. But I'm just going to add that to Okay, we can do that. I can even go into whatever.
Speaker 5: Ever, what's everest? I can't get over.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I imagine they have a mountain themed bathroom.
Speaker 1: Can you go into the original Tarioc bowl?
Speaker 4: I wonder if they have a restaurant.
Speaker 5: But they don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know all the remakes. Help wanted.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let's see what's on the right.
Speaker 4: Bad news. I didn't use the bathroom. Good news, I got a job.
Speaker 5: What we in right now?
Speaker 1: I think we're in Tonga, Carol, there's a martial arts studio.
Speaker 4: I have to go to the bathroom. Can you guys just kick me in the groy?
Speaker 1: Can you find uh times for list? No? I thought that was a Tim Horton.
Speaker 5: Speak Oftons. Oh there's a British store, not a bar.
Speaker 4: Okay, I hate.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're back at Starbucks. Okay, so we went to we purchased something.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I'll have the evidence in my hands.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: Uh, you two can talk amongst yourself and yourselves in.
Speaker 5: Ketchup and oh we will.
Speaker 4: I will be back shortly. Well, let's be honest, when I was in my twenties, it'll take me now. It's just a narrow urethra okay.
Speaker 5: And then you're fine. You're fine.
Speaker 4: It's an urgency. The funny thing is I'll be standing there. Well, no one wants to hear my man.
Speaker 5: Please don't go into it.
Speaker 4: It's just the urgency. And then it doesn't come out. Okay. Oh, the and the I always forget about the mic.
Speaker 5: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: We see you soon, okay.
Speaker 1: Hi hi hi hi, hi hi hi.
Speaker 5: It's nice to see you. I know, I wish I could have gone to Italy too. What did you do? We just so you know, my sister's friend Adrian that I also grew up with. She's my friend too. But she and I and our friend Janet, who's really her friend. But Janet has a house in Kauhai and we all started going there every summer because Janet's husband died, and so it was like to kind of support her and you know, have fun summers. And my sister, who knows all of those people way better, was like, just come with us, it's really fun. So we started doing that, and then last fourth of July, which is when we usually go, everybody got COVID and it was like it kind of like every it all fell apart, like everyone kind of got in fights and was mad and stuff, and so we all decided we're not going to go to Kauai again, like anytime soon. And I was like, I'd actually like to travel, so I'd let's go somewhere we all want to go. I mean, we want to go there, but it's like, let's go somewhere fun and exciting and new. And I honestly believed during COVID that I would never get to go to Italy because I've always wanted to, and it seemed like everything was going to shut down permanently. So we kind of like a little bit on the spur of the moment where like, let's go to Italy. So we decided to go for three weeks and we went to like four different places, so we were in Tuscany and we went out to Chinkatara on the coast and where else did we go? Florence and then Lake Como at the end beautiful and it was fucking I just didn't like, you know, it's good and have you been there. It's like I just didn't understand how it's amazing.
Speaker 1: So amazing. I've never been to Lake Como. I would love to go there.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable, like because there's these little towns that are right on the edge of the lake and then there's like a huge, crazy ass villa that like you know, the Demeticeese or whatever their name is, like built. Then there's like one of those that's up on a hill that's just falling apart because someone abandoned it one hundred years ago. Like it's very there's a lot of history and it's very cozy and very like I did. It was just amazing. I just couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: It's so incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was really nice. And then it was just nice. It was like a really long vacation, which was also very nice. So it was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Florence is so beautiful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's it's so phenomenal. Like I love the food and I love the everything. Yeah, I love to say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we there was like, you know, three phrases that we all knew, Like we were like, we're gonna sign up for Babbel and we're all gonna learn and we literally were like garazzi, uh, you know, we learned three things chow buenos Sara and we barely knew those. So we really started like hitting those ones really hard. When people would you know, put down a plate or whatever and be like Grozzi mile, that's like the only thing you could figure out to say.
Speaker 1: It's so fun and it's just so fun to go shopping and look at the fun things in the store. I mean it's like not even like to buy, but just to look at things and just to eat.
Speaker 5: The food is just so everything is so incredible. The way they eat kind of like the way they live structured around eating makes so much sense, where it's like get up and drink coffee and eat pastry and then two hours later eat a huge lunch and then fuck around and then eat dinner at like eight or nine. Yeah, that is brilliant.
Speaker 1: It's so it's so wonderful.
Speaker 5: It just I love all the food, and I.
Speaker 1: Love all of the like I love churches, I love all the weird like step like in Rome, all of the marble and the Bernini sculptures and everything's just beautiful.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that art is fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: It's so amazing.
Speaker 5: We were in in Florence, like when we first walked into the square where the Duelmo is and the way it's all like painted on the outside, because I was like, Oh, this is gonna beautiful. My dad actually made me watch a documentary about the Duomo because the guy that built it that he wasn't an architect. He just was like I had this plan and I'm going to build it. And then they were like it shouldn't have stayed up, and for some reason it did. Like they don't know how he did it, like you know, one of those kind of Catholic dream stories or whatever. So I'm like, oh, yeah, we should go look at that, sure, whatever. But then you come around the corner and you're like, oh my god, like the way it's painted and the way it's designed, it's just unbelievable. Did home Jim go, No, he's home. Jim's home. But he's he's good.
Speaker 1: He just doesn't.
Speaker 5: He doesn't like traveling. He's kind of like a bad hip. So Home Jim, thanks for listening to my podcast, of course, Home Jim. His thing is he went to the Lazy Boy recliner store in Santa Rosa and he walked in and bought an entire living room set that was already set up because he wanted to get one of those chairs that stands you up and dumps you out us. Yeah, yeah, but he didn't want it to be like a weird almost like medical thing in the front room. So he got a one and then like a couch and a love seat that match, and a new coffee table and a new rug and so he like redid the front room, which he won't throw my mom's clothes away, and we're like, you redid the front room. And now he has this chair that like he's like watch this and it like stands him up and then he gets up and walks around.
Speaker 1: I know, that's great.
Speaker 5: It's the cutest.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So he's very happy with his gigantic TV and his you know, sports constantly.
Speaker 1: Oh that's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Speaking of the nineties and right wing politics, that place was playing Morrissey so loud and the entire staff was like singing, like it was like a fun party in there. Oh nice, this is my favorite Starbucks.
Speaker 5: Now I wonder if they're getting ready to close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it had a real uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's a band called Semi.
Speaker 5: I know those guys. Really you're it's yet another band.
Speaker 1: I'm not in there band, but they're they are really cool.
Speaker 4: Well, other than that song, and surprisingly, there are other songs were in some skate videos. I like them. I just no one likes that song. I think that's the Well now I feel bad. I I personally that one song isn't Their best song.
Speaker 1: Is you know what song I've been really obsessed with? And it's so weird because I've been listening to this band called Bowling for Soup. Yes, and it's like nineties, but two thou Earth was like why two KM is so? Many of their songs are so beautiful.
Speaker 4: I think once I tried to go get Let's go Bowling speaking of Scott and got Bowling for Soup instead. They're didn't give.
Speaker 1: It the Some of the arrangements are really majestic, and there is which is so surprising for a band called Bowling for soup.
Speaker 5: I know, I thought that they were. I assumed they were, like they would have been like dead Milkman style joke songs kind of, but it's you know what they're like, they're like fountains of wayne. Oh.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like that pop that it's there's like one kind of joking song that maybe gets them on the radio, but then their catalog is like so full of amazing, really wondrous pop hits. But I was just really kind of like shocked at how I've been very like listening to a lot of the Why two K songs that I missed, So that's in there, things from Dishwala and you know, things were lit and stuff.
Speaker 5: Big Rick Stewart would play for us in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Absolutely like you just there's so much music that we kind of missed. Yeah, and because I couldn't see past the ear gauges and the big wide pants. Yeah, yes, I didn't realize how how deep the music actually was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really does it.
Speaker 4: I've been listening to hum which I often confused for Lit.
Speaker 1: Very very very much in that it's kind of like in that three eleven yeah kind of area.
Speaker 4: Yeah three eleven. As as Howard Kramer says the nine to eleven of bands, but I don't fully agree because I'm nostalgic for it. It reminds me of.
Speaker 5: You know, they weren't bad.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, living in a snowboard house with a bunch of people that with smelly boots and that's the best time of my life.
Speaker 5: It reminds me of remember Pond. Yeah, Pond was good. I felt like there were I feel like there was one, and I felt like maybe this was a bumber shoot show or maybe we were on the road. I was opening for you, Margaret, where there was a Portland show in that crystal ballroom where the floor mouse yes, and we went and saw it wasn't Pond, but it was the one of the boys had bleach blonde hair.
Speaker 1: Was that mud honey?
Speaker 4: Ever?
Speaker 1: Clear? No?
Speaker 4: No, uh, clutch, They're gonna stop.
Speaker 5: Not the Posies, No, the Afghan Wigs. No, like younger and maybe tiny bit well not harder than the Afghan Wigs, but like, uh, a little pre emo, more in the emo direction.
Speaker 1: Oh a sidebar of the I actually accidentally asked Greg Duley on a date and then got rejected.
Speaker 5: What when did that happen?
Speaker 1: Not that long ago, super embarrassing.
Speaker 4: No, maybe he said no on accident.
Speaker 1: No, he said he was already seeing somebody and then but I I did it like the most chicken ship.
Speaker 6: Wait.
Speaker 1: If I just asked him directly, I think I probably. I mean, he seems something. I would have taken it better. But I accidentally asked him a date through somebody else, which I shouldn't have done. Oh yeah, and I should have just said it myself.
Speaker 5: Did you say, will you tell ask ask your friend? If you LEXI? It was.
Speaker 1: It was kind of like that, like I'm in second grade?
Speaker 4: Yes, no, maybe boss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so embarrassing. I'm like, oh, in my mid fifties, I can't be doing that.
Speaker 5: But look, here's the thing. Here's the upside of doing that. When when the no response came back, you were just safe at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have to drive anywhere, but thank god I would have had to drive somewhere. Oh the pain so embarrassing.
Speaker 5: But what band did we go see? Oh? Vibe like more in that realm? I'm I feel like I had Todd No and the Monsters, But I feel like big head Todd in those and mud Honey were like long hair dudes and these were like the kind of a little bit after those guys in the when the short hair more Portland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, helmet sounds like helmet. I mean helmet was very hard.
Speaker 4: I can still lessen helmet and will and do well.
Speaker 1: There was one there was one place where we uh I remember that we had come in and I'm not sure, but we were at the place where there was a slipknot show and we were just looking at the people in line at the slipnot show. Oh, that's an interesting.
Speaker 4: So many things you can do with those zippers?
Speaker 5: Do they look kind of like what did you say?
Speaker 4: So many things you can do with a zipper?
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, lots of zipper, lots of uh, you know people just in macrimate or like kind of a burlap sack for a fit.
Speaker 5: With one hole for an eye and a button on the.
Speaker 1: Other eye with maggot spilling out of it, you know, in a pants you could put that together. Just a quick trip to jo, you know.
Speaker 5: Last minute slip knock tickets. They have to run down to Michael's real get your shit together. They're like, are you gonna dress up as a scarecrow? No, no, no, no, don't it's fine, I'll do it myself. Don't try to help me.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you making clothes fashion design stuff?
Speaker 1: No? But I got rid of my uh sewing machine, and so I haven't made anything for a while. I always think that I'm going to go back to it, but my eyes are not as good as they were, so it's hard to do that.
Speaker 5: Also, my cats will rip it up.
Speaker 1: I could make cat toys, oh, that would be good, or dog toy.
Speaker 5: You were making clothes.
Speaker 1: I was making clothes and I had a little bit of a fashion line and and and stuff. But then that was kind of like I didn't I didn't know how to do it. And you have to keep on when you make clothes, like you have to do this like do a season, do a collection per season. It's just like too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these shorts you were wearing at Largo, but I want to say, le May.
Speaker 1: Gold, those are really uncomfortable and they give me such a meaty tuck. I uh meati tuck is like when you're a drag queen and you have to put your ship.
Speaker 4: Okay, and so it's what I thought.
Speaker 5: It's a meaty tuck.
Speaker 1: But I really did like the way those look.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they They're awesome and they have like fringe on them when you ruffles Karen.
Speaker 1: They're like these adult baby diaper panties. They're like pink and really like metal. They look they're made of metal.
Speaker 4: But were they pink?
Speaker 1: They're they were like silver paint.
Speaker 4: There's chos, let's go get some.
Speaker 5: Wait, and did you make those?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't make those, but that's but that's the that's the kind of esthetic. That's what I would make if I if I make clothes, I would make land. That's what I was unwearable things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bush eyes beaning around was did you make those shorts?
Speaker 1: But I didn't make those, but I would.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Should we take you home? We're really sure? This has been long, right.
Speaker 1: It's been fun. But I don't live very far, so.
Speaker 5: You can go ahead, Okay, I to my old house.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've been to my new house if you tied, I know if my new house quite a few. I've been in this house for twenty two years.
Speaker 4: And then and then Karen revealed that it wasn't even your old house. It was a Laura.
Speaker 5: That you want to curse on? I did a weird no, no, no, not curse on. Remember Laura used to live up behind the Gilson's. I was like, oh, yeah, Laura's, oh the wooden I was combining. No, that was Beechwood, her last house before she moved. Okay, Uh so I was combining turning up your street that you do live on. But I just basically tacked that onto the top.
Speaker 1: But that's so funny. Behind girls should have just gone to Cathy Griffin's old house while you're at it.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, you have to tell me how to get okay, so make it you turn okay.
Speaker 1: Not here.
Speaker 4: As for that very visible sign.
Speaker 1: Oh, I saw your house on Architectural Digest. It's beautiful. Oh thank you, it's so beautiful. You have to come over. I would love to. I have to do cribs next week. Oh and I'm really nervous about it because I don't want to clean. Did you have to clean up? Oh yeah, your house was so clean. Well, and also there's not that much shit in.
Speaker 5: It, like I I planned it that way because I'm so messy that I'm just like, if there's if everything is kind of like open, uh clean surfaces, then I can't keep it messy.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I don't know. I'm still so messy. I'm so messy and I have like just the biggest mess and they're gonna look in my refrigerator. I have so much old food in there, and they're gonna look at my closets.
Speaker 5: I don't have anything in display. Everything is like it's a mess.
Speaker 4: I would, yeah, just leave the messes that you have a funny story about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you like act like it's like diamonds where you're opening our for drum and be like, yeah, y'all, this is like this goat cheese eight months ago.
Speaker 4: It's crystal goat cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so it's I'm not going to clean I don't want to clean it. I'm not. I'm rejecting like the kind of like the promise. Yeah, I don't want to clean it.
Speaker 4: I didn't know they still made cribs.
Speaker 5: It's new they do.
Speaker 4: I love it. Can I Is it a good chance for me to pimp my ride?
Speaker 5: Yes you should. They should send over a producer to be like eyeball the play and then they should clean it if they want. You know what I mean, Yeah, you should be like, hey, you guys should come and clean this if you really want.
Speaker 1: Well, I said that I'm fine with them photographing whatever. It's totally okay. Just don't let the cats out, but everything is. I'm open to for them to see it all. So I think that's kind of funny too. If you go to somebody's house, like if you went to one of those things, and if their house is trashy and it's not hoarders, right, that's kind of funny.
Speaker 5: You're changing it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it could be sort of oh, this is okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, Well what I saw in the background the last time we zoom podcast, and you have a very beautiful main room.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. It's a beautiful house.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful house.
Speaker 1: It's a very uh, it's messy because I don't like organize anything.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, why unless you're having company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just me, so I don't really care. You know, you should give people a tour of all the different piles. You're just like, here's my mail. Sure's some stuff I'm going to take care of later. It's piles and piles of like old lip balm that I never got to the end of.
Speaker 4: When you mentioned Marjorie Taylor Green's lips.
Speaker 1: Carmacks, she has the most CarMax.
Speaker 5: So true.
Speaker 4: I love those specifics.
Speaker 1: She's so that that's just like the joke is that I think she's so dikey looking. And whenever she's on TV, I'm like, is this women's golf? Because she's so carmxed she is.
Speaker 5: She won't pick a color, she only goes.
Speaker 1: She just likes the you know, the Menthol color mental, the addictive Menthol of CarMax.
Speaker 4: She is like a Menthol cigarette.
Speaker 1: But she's she's gross.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the worst, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we we had it so good with the Republicans before we really fucked it up.
Speaker 5: Remember Nuke Gingridge. He seemed like so reasonable.
Speaker 1: Now now he seems like he's so reasonable, just like you know, do you go.
Speaker 4: That Peer one name parts often?
Speaker 5: I have not been there, but it's abandoned.
Speaker 1: It's abandoned, but there was when I lived in Hollywood, we went to Peer one and got those Papasan chairs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we put them on my patio.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that? Yes?
Speaker 5: I do. That was our the summer of the Food Network and Xanax.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 5: Also, that red couch you got that kind of got red on our clothes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we were like the white pants a little bit inspired by the khaki ads that were there swing dancing in in the gaps.
Speaker 5: We were wearing a lot of lighter colors on a red couch that we laid on all day long, and then.
Speaker 1: We would make it the red bleed onto the pants, which that doesn't happen anymore, does it with like couch colors? Or maybe because we're in a different tax.
Speaker 5: Bracket, maybe that and maybe because you got that couch up Pompa.
Speaker 1: Oh we got it a.
Speaker 7: Palmba to say that again, there's a there's a furniture store that used to be on I believe, Beverly and anytime we drive by it.
Speaker 5: Margaret got to go to Pompa and it was one of those things that like and maybe because of my excessive drinking or whatever, it would get stuck in my head of hearing you say, yeah, got to go to Bump. So years later I would like take pictures and text it to her and be.
Speaker 1: Like, I drove by Pampa and then oh, during the Black Lives Matter Riot, like the sort of things like the everything their windows got broken at Pompa?
Speaker 5: Did it really? I think I sent you a picture that sounds like black ops. That sounds like it was like fake, super fake.
Speaker 1: It was fake. Not really black lives matter, but it was like right wingers pretending. Yeah, ye, that's what all that is.
Speaker 5: Because they went and parked that old cop car that was like a Chevelle and then they lit it on fire right in right by Television City. Yeah, and everyone's standing around like what are you doing? Like the marches down there, that was crazy.
Speaker 1: There's like there was like all of these weird they're called accelerationists, and they're like trying to pretend that people that were protesting police brutality were actually doing these violent acts and that that's not the case at all.
Speaker 5: No, it was bullshit.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, you know, trying to blame it on this idea of antifa, which also doesn't exist.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The most obvious example of that was in Santa Monica. They were breaking into the Patagonia store and running out with longboards and flaps. It was footage blew my mind. But it got results protests. I'm into it. I'm into protesting. I didn't know I was not to be contra racial. I didn't mean to silence the already quiet car.
Speaker 1: I like a protest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know they work so well.
Speaker 5: Well, I like the fact that, especially compared to when I was in my twenties, and we were in our twenties and no one gave a single shit about politics in the least, like you weren't supposed to except for like Bill Clinton, ha ha ha whatever. And now people are so I mean, they're just mobilized, and it's awesome to see. Yeah, we're not leaving it to all the old people to take care of it anymore. Oh no, because they don't.
Speaker 4: Like my dad said, all the old people like him need to just die off. But then that makes me think he's talking about himself, and it makes me sad.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a nice sentiment, though I know what he means.
Speaker 4: Yes, I appreciate what he means. And no offense of your bold.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm old, I'm old, I'm we're all. Well, that's I think.
Speaker 1: I think it's supposed to be middle aged, right right. I used to think middle age was thirty.
Speaker 4: Though, right, well, the life expectancy used to be sixties back in the thirties. Back in the thirties. Yeah, I was looking at I don't know why the football team from the University of Montana in the fifties and they I mean they're all at cigarettes and they're valding. They were eighteen years old, but they all looked like extras from Dick Tracy. It's just so interesting how I guess we're evolving as humans.
Speaker 5: It's also weird how getting older but then still feeling I think I still feel like twenty eight, yeah all the time. It's just a I thought it would go away. No, it doesn't go away. I mean I think that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why, but I've never felt younger actually, yeah, yeah, like just so immature and young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's good. I think that that's the goal in life. We're doing it.
Speaker 1: But I did have a hemorrhoid, right, there's the little there's in there. You could have a hemorrhoid when you're young.
Speaker 4: Too, yeah, if you push too hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think mine was from excessive sitting.
Speaker 5: Oh no, well then I'm in real danger.
Speaker 4: I have to sit on one of those donuts.
Speaker 5: I think I do need like a donut, like a hemorrhoid pillow.
Speaker 4: I just used my airline neck pillow.
Speaker 1: Oh just sit on that. Yeah that's handy, yeah, good, double duty to.
Speaker 4: Sit on the end of a massage bad. Yes, just poke it through there.
Speaker 1: So when you're gonna go, you're gonna make a sort of a little lefty here, but you're not gonna just go up and then you're gonna go right at this light.
Speaker 5: Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 4: Do you have to do any traveling? What are you preparing for?
Speaker 1: I'm going to just go day after tomorrow, but I'm only there for a few hours. I'm going to do s Francisco on my show, then in Portland, and then Seattle for the weekend.
Speaker 5: So it's very.
Speaker 4: Fast, just three days in a row.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, just Friday, the Pacifying Arts, which nice. It just reminds me of the Exploratory, which is not even there anymore. You would touch a cold thing and think it was wet. My science Science museum that was interactive.
Speaker 4: Like Wolf kind of Oh that's in uh uh not. I always want to say Al Paso, but it's in New Mexico and it is called Santa Fe. Yeah, has this. It's called me Wolf and it's installations like it's an art museum, but it's interactive and you crawl. You follow a storyline and you end up crawling through like go into a dryer and then all of a sudden, you're in your grandparents kitchen and then you get in the left lane here and it's kind of like you figure out a puzzle that it's it's all art installations and.
Speaker 5: It's and then turn left at this. Okay, right, Yes, the Exploratorium is in San Francisco, and it was more like you could pull a bow back and forth and play a violin. They'd like had this kind of thing and it was just basically where you went for field trips. Yeah, when you didn't live in San Francisco. But did you also do it when you did live in Scrancis. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great and it was like it was like for kids, but it was like a science museum, but it was like very hands on, interactive, early interactive. It was super exciting.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I did Me on Wolf, it was all kids and me just giggling and running with a group of kids.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was so fun. I was if we had that growing up, I would have blossomed. They knew a better person.
Speaker 5: Well, it's never too late.
Speaker 4: It isn't. That's what we've we're all twenty eight.
Speaker 5: Margaret, thank you so much for being our premiere guest. I loved it. Thank you, Margaret, thank you, thank you very long.
Speaker 1: Thank you, good to see you, to see you too.
Speaker 5: I love you too. I miss you.
Speaker 1: I miss you. Let's do largo. Okay, something that'd be great.
Speaker 4: I'm going to remind Karen that she said she would do that.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, okay, great, Please have great shows. Oh there's a button, so future have great shows. Thank you, have a great time.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks again for the other night.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you for kickbok bye.
Speaker 5: Oh she's the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hello, sir?
Speaker 5: Should we wrap it up? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just well, I'm so sorry. All of a sudden, I was just in a car and we were hanging out. You've been listening to Do You Need a Run?
Speaker 5: That's actually what we were doing. That's the beauty of this podcast.
Speaker 4: Funny, I forgot were podcast. Yea, we're just driving in a car while recording.
Speaker 6: D Y N A R.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we haven't honked for so long. This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 2: Produced by Annalise Nelson.
Speaker 4: Mixed by Edson Choi.
Speaker 2: Our talent booker is Patrick Coottner.
Speaker 4: Theme song by Karen Kilgarrett.
Speaker 2: Artwork by Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 5: Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y nar Podcast.
Speaker 4: For more information, go to exactly rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 5: Thank you, oh, you're welcome.