Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, It's Tuesday, October twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. We're stuck remembering tg IM. It's me and your man named g Marcus Grant, joined by Michael f Florio and LaQuan Jones. I never told you guys that I have beef with Steve Burkle, Like, I don't think he knows that. But what yes, it'd random. Yeah, this goes back to college. There was a college night at a local amusement park and my friends and I were in line for a roller coaster and Julia White and his friends came walking up the exit ramp and got in front of everybody and got on the ride and wave and smiled. And one of my friends had some that nice things to say to Steve Brkle as the as the trainer was pulling out of the station. That is neither here nor there.
Speaker 2: Definitely in real life thought he was Stefan, not Steve Stefan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's kind of He's gotta giving up Stefan Erkle vibe or kel vibes that day. Oh, by the way, CJ. McCollum Stefan Urkel same person as far as I'm concerned anyway, I did not. We'll start to show that way, but that is where we are. We are through five weeks of the season. We got some big questions heading into week six, also our waiver wire deep dives and folks that we are putting back into the free agent pool. But let's start with some big running back questions. The last few weeks, I've kind of gone just general, but this week there were some interesting running back discussions. I think we're worth having. So I listed three running backs that I have questions about and curious whether or not you guys feel the same. Florida. Let's start with Breeze Hall because in the conversation between did you draft Breeze Hall or do you draft Bjon Robinson? The argument in favor of Hall was he doesn't have as much competition in the backfield for touches, right like Jon Robinson's got to deal with Tyler alg Who's gonna take touches from Brece Hall. Apparently Braylan Allen was the answer to that. On top of it, Breeze Hall has just not been all that efficient with his opportunities. Is it time to be concerned about a guy that was maybe a top three pick in your league.
Speaker 2: A little bit, but I'm not panicking until I see next week because Breece Hall still played over seventy percent of the snaps, which you want. The issue is the Jets were trailing, and for much of this game it was a multi score game, so they had to just completely abandon the run. It was very poor game script. But next week they get the Bills. And I know it might sound like I'm picking on my team or whatever, but before week five, I was like, hey, if you're in a deep league and you need a sleeper dari Ogumbawalle because the Bills get torched by past catching running backs. And I think Brece Hall is in play obviously, but Braylen Allen I think is a sleeper in week six. So if Breese Hall goes out next Monday night and has another game like this, then you could catch me worried. But I would say right now is probably a good time to try to acquire Breshall more than anything else.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a lot of nervousness there. I mean, so I'll say this, Lukuan, should we pick up should we be rostering Braylan Allen at this point?
Speaker 3: Yes, only because of how productive he is on the ground, and he's kind of taken on that role these last couple of weeks, and you know, you're still hopeful that bries Hall still gets his touches in the red zone. He's still seeing the targets out of the backfield. But I love the explosion if out of Brandon Allen when he does make his way, you know, through the tackles. So I think he's definitely worth him to pick up if he's going to be getting these type of touches, if he's going to be as productive with the limited opportunities he's getting, I don't see why you wouldn't go pick him up, being that, you know, he's a productive running back that's actually getting some type of time share. So I definitely think, you know, in the coming weeks, you know, we'll actually understand and figure out what that dynamic really is between Breese Hall and Braylen Allen, because right now it's still trying to figure out what's exactly going on because Briest Hall just has not been great on the ground the last couple of weeks, and I can't believe that, you know, for the rest of the season. This is how it's gonna look.
Speaker 1: The Jets offense is borderline dysfunctional at this point, but there's so much talent it's hard to get away from them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert, Braylon Allen's gonna be in a sleeper column this week. You can check that out at NFL dot com slash Sleepers. Okay, so we talked about Breeze Hole Lacan, let's stuck keep it here with you. Let's talk about b Jeon Robinson because, Uh, last Thursday night, it seemed like everybody was getting in the fun right. Drake London was doing things, Kyle Pitts is doing things, Kirk Cousins putting up huge numbers, Ray Ray McCloud and Darnell mood or dude Jon Robinson. He was the he was the squidward meme, just sitting in the house watching SpongeBob and Patrick Frolick. Uh, is this is this kind of a minor thing or is there an issue going on there in Atlanta?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say minor only because you know, everybody was quick to remind me that, you know, he was on a short week, he was kind of banged up, and et cetera.
Speaker 1: Et cetera.
Speaker 3: But I'm just going to toss it to that. But at the same time, Hala Jear's not going away anytime soon. He's definitely gonna be involved in this backfield. He's going to get the touches, He's he going to get the opportunities, and you can't knock a player making the best of his opportunities. He's taking the maximum effort on every touch he gets. But Bijon, more so like they need to stop running him outside and more inside the tackles because I feel like that's where he's really explosive and he gets downhill and then he can get into open space and due to things that he's able to do that we know and in love but the highlight tapes. But more so, man, I am just going to be a little bit cautious, you know, in the next coming weeks with his production, because since week two, this fantasy points had just been dropping and dropping. Outside of the short week, outside of the injury and et cetera, et cetera. It's just more so just keeping an eye on it, you know, in these next couple of weeks. But I think he is due for a bounce back this upcoming week.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean exact Floyd don't. I don't really know where I go. I mean because Week three thirty one rushing yards, Week four twenty eight, I mean he had sixty one in Week five. But it just feels like the usage is inconsistent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, look, Wan hit the nail on the head that like, if there's something, it's not like it's all Kumbayau over here or whatever. But this one game in particular, it's a trend that I've I've started looking into a little bit more. Is like it seems like teams are on Thursday Night are wanting to distribute the running back touches a little bit more. Like Devon hen had twenty two on a Thursday night game, but like James Cook only had eleven carries. We saw on the other side for the Bucks, neither one of their guys had more than ten carries in Week four. The Giants were getting in Gray and Tracy with Devin Singletary is still playing at that point, So like this is something that maybe you just we just have to lower our expectations. It seems like this could be a new trend around the NFL for Thursday night games.
Speaker 1: Also Florio. Should we be alarmed about Travis Etn? I know we talked about Tank Bigsby on Monday's show. He is ascending. Does this mean that ETN is going to continue to disappoint.
Speaker 2: I'm very worried about Travis Etn to the point I have a team that I share with the two good friends of mine, and we have Travis ETN and we have Tank Bigsby because we were like, let's take the handcuff.
Speaker 1: It's a deep league. Stuff like this.
Speaker 2: I sent texted our group yesterday. I sent them a message and said, should we start Tank Bigsby over ETN?
Speaker 1: Moving forward?
Speaker 2: Because this is numerous weeks in a row where Bigsby has looked great and ETN looks like he's running in mud. I mean, he doesn't have a game this year with fifteen Fantasy points and even more than that. Besides, like he is this past week where he got involved in the passing game, but really before that, he doesn't have any other game.
Speaker 1: With twenty receiving yards.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna pose the question to you guys, because I'm just like, is it time where I know, I know we're lowering ETN and our rankings and everything. But if you have both of them, are you putting any consideration in like maybe Bigsby is the one to play or have we not got there yet?
Speaker 1: I haven't gotten there yet. I definitely think there's something to be concerned about. I think certainly we've seen Bigsby be the more efficient of the two backs, especially the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure that the Jaguars are ready to completely flip the script and make Bigsby there RB one, So I'm not ready to do that yet, but I I'm with you, I'm really concerned about what I've seen lately.
Speaker 3: I think next week will be the last and final test for me if I'm gonna be like, Okay, I'm starting Tank because the matchup is against the Barton it's a great matchup, and Travis ATN doesn't show up and put up big numbers after being a week removed from the shoulder entry. It's like, well, if Tank's performing against the matchups, and I'm gonna play him based on matchups. So that's gonna be you know, a little eye opening, you know, moving forward after next week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I guess, you know, we'll see how it goes. But this is Uh, I don't know. I think at the start of the season, I was like, well, I don't know. Think Bigsby struggled to figure out his role last year. I don't know if he's gonna get it. Ah. Yeah, apparently he's gonna get a big role, gonna get a big opportunity, and he has done really, really well with it. So now it's a real conversation down there in Jack. Say, look at the Waiver Wire Deep Dives. We went through a list of name on Monday Show. You can go check that out as well. But if we're going a little bit deeper, la Quan, where should we be looking for help?
Speaker 3: Uh, you should be looking in New York, New Jersey, whatever you want to call it. With Tyrone Tracy, I mean, the rookie showed up and showed out with his opportunities as well. I mean the Giants cannot ignore you know, one hundred and twenty nine rushing yards and being so efficient on the ground with seven point eight yards per carry. And look, I honestly feel like, you know, if Devin Singletary is still dealing with a groin injury, you know you kind of just rest him because he showed up and put up you know, good numbers for you. And I think right now, as a guy that you know personally struggling at the running back position, I need all the help I can get. So he's definitely one of those guys that you should be looking to pick up because the dude can play.
Speaker 1: Absolutely can play. I liked him in the preseason. He didn't get a lot of opportunities early. Took an injury to Devin Singletary for it to happen, But now it makes me think that he's going to start to get more touches going forward for you, Floria, who is a deep dive option this week?
Speaker 2: If you stayed up late on Sunday night, there's a lot of I'm sure there was a lot of sleepy eyes in Pittsburgh and Dallas in the office on Monday morning. But you saw Jalen Tolbert catch the game winning touchdown. But even more than that, you saw the Cowboys make a conscious effort to get someone else the ball. Like it was clear the Pittsburgh Steelers game plan was make anyone but ced lambeat us, and for much of the game the Cowboys were kind of struggling to adjust to that and then they started getting the ball to Jalen Tolbert and good things started happening. And it's not like this is a one off. I spoke about him a couple of weeks ago when we did this segment the Deep Dive, and he now in his last four games has ten plus Fantasy points in three of them. He has a touchdown in two of them. He has nine or more targets in two of them. Brandon Cooks is on the IR. We know that the Cowboys passing game is CD. It is Jake Ferguson and it was it. Now they have a third option that I think, and if Jalen Tobert continues to play well, I don't think he gives the job back to Brandon Cooks. This is something we talked about the last time we brought him up. Like Brandon Cooks kind of looks like he's at the end of his rope. There's an opportunity here to be had. And look, if you're a pass the number two wide receiver from for Dak Prescott on a Cowboys team that has pretty much abandoned the run. They're throwing the ball in around seventy percent of their plays, it's easy to get fired up. So don't look at Jalen Tolbert as just like a one week thing or something like that. I think this is someone that brings upside moving forward.
Speaker 1: There was very much a conversation about who the number two wide receiver was going to be in Dallas. Coming into the season. We knew Ceedee Lamb was going to be at the top of the charts, but after that it was pretty much an open question, and Jalen Tobert may have made a very strong case to get more opportunities going forward. I know that the Cook's still going to be out for another couple of weeks, so I was see what happens when everybody is back, But I think Jalen Tobert really making a strong case to be that wide receiver too. There last two week's been really good for the Andre Swift, But don't think that Rashawn Johnson isn't going to have a role in this offense. After a couple of weeks, it looks like Shane Waldron figured out that Travis Homer wasn't it and starting to get more touches for Rashawn Johnson had a couple of touchdowns against the Panthers this past week, at the end the ten carries for twenty five yards. I mean, not a whole lot there, but they are using him near the goal line. He's getting some of those high leverage touches. And more importantly, he's a guy that they can trust in pass protection a little bit more, which means he's gonna be on the field in passing down situations. He's gonna be on the field in those third downs when you know Cavin Williams has to drop back and pass. So it looks like it's gonna be a two headed situation there in Chicago, which is fine. We can sort of sort that out and figure out how to make it work. So if you were in a deeper league and you need help at running back, which pretty much everybody does, Rashaan Johnson should be on a whole lot of rosters and potentially has the opportunity to be a flex option when you need him to, especially because we have a whole lot more buys coming up over the next several weeks. So if we are adding folks, we have to also be saying goodbye to people. Lakwan, who are we putting back in the free agent pool?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm sending back to Cardio king Gabe Davis. He's doing what we know he's loved to do, run routes. He's leading the team in routes, but yet he's not being productive with his opportunities. So I was facing one of my league ma it's one of my good buddies from home, and he started Gabe Davis. I'm kind of texting him on the side, like what are you doing, dude, Like you know, he hasn't done anything, Like I know we're down bad right now, but the dude doesn't do anything. It's donuts everywhere. It's a donut party for Gabe Davis. But he should not be rostered in forty percent of the leagues right now. When you have guys like Wandell Rops and Josh Downs, guys that are emerging as useful players and have a solid target share and being productive with their opportunities, it's time to make room. Get the zombies off your bench. Goodbye, Gabriel Davis.
Speaker 1: So qua saying goodbye to Gabe Davis, brought to you by Duncan. Meanwhile, for you Florio, who is getting a life jacket going back at the pool, I.
Speaker 2: Guess we could stick with that because Duncan is like the most famous place in Boston. But it's over for Hunter Henry. Like Week two was awesome, twelve targets, eight catches, one hundred and nine yards, and I know he was a big waiver wire pickup and stuff, and it was like, all right, tight end is so bad right now that this guy he could be useful. He could help your team keep afloat. Then he goes out, he puts up two catches for nine yards against the Jets. You're like, all right, but the Jets are a good defense. Then he does it against the forty nine ers and you're like, okay, but the forty nine ers are elite at shutting down tight ends. And then he does it against the Miami Dolphins, who have not been stopping anyone. So now, in that one game in Week two, he has more one hundred and nine yards in that game seventy one in his other four games combined, four targets are fewer two catches in all.
Speaker 1: Four of his other games. That one big game is clearly the.
Speaker 2: Blip on the radar, and the Patriots offense looks broken right now, Like Jacoby brissetid is taking sacks at the second highest rate in the NFL. They have nothing going on downfield. It should be Drake May time, but yeah, I don't. They're outside of the running backs.
Speaker 1: There's no one I want from New England on my rosters. I mean, I think the case for Hunter Henry is basically like, hey, look, they may throw it to him and they get down near the end zone, and until they figure out their wide receiver group, he was going to be viable. But it does look like Jaylen Polk is starting to take over a little bit there as well, and with a potential quarterback change coming, who knows how that's going to shuffle things around in the near future. For me, I'm gonna go with to Curtis Samuel, who was rostered in a lot more leagues than I thought he would be Florida. I know you talked about this offense on Monday and how it looks like teams are figuring out how to scheme against it a little bit, and how much it made a difference not having Khalil Shakir there. Curtis Samuel, to me, has always sort of fallen into that sort of Duke Johnson category of being a dual threat guy who doesn't seem like he's good enough at any one thing to get a lot of opportunity. Right, He's a good wide receiver, but he's always played with better wide receivers. He's good at running the football, but he's on a team, always on a team with better running backs. He's not He's not quite debo in terms of his ability and his dual threat skills there, and in an offense that right now is struggling to be explosive and score points, it's just hard to make a case to keep Curtis Samuel around. I know we like the idea of Curtis Samuel, but the reality of Curtis Samuel is not quite the same. So, because wide receiver is so deep, you can find guys off the waiver wire. There's really no point of holding onto a guy who's just not getting enough opportunity when he does get opportunity, not doing enough with it to make it worthwhile for having him on your roster.
Speaker 2: Please, I will trade Curtis over this guy.
Speaker 1: This is where we are where we are now.
Speaker 2: Nice, but at least James could run, block and stretch the field like he does something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean it seems like look and he was. He was good in the locker room, like when they you know, all of his teammates seemed very excited to see him when they met up recently. So and it didn't get you any fantasy points, but it does count for something.
Speaker 3: In a lot.
Speaker 1: Anyway that hopefully helps you set your rosters and get you ready for Week six coming up in the meantime. That will do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. Stay happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well. Enjoy the days, everybody. We will talk to you again tomorrow.