Speaker 1: To Teas in a pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera Judge.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of The twat Seed is with Me Tamra Judge, and today we have a girl that I'd like to call my friend, not only in the Bravo world, but in the real world, Miss Cynthia Bailey, who is an actress, an entrepreneur. Girl is booked and busy. She went from reality to modeling, reality TV, scripted TV. She's done it all. So let's bring in miss Cynthia Bailey.
Speaker 3: What's up, friend?
Speaker 2: What's up? Girl? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good good.
Speaker 2: Are you on a little press tour today?
Speaker 3: I am yes.
Speaker 2: Are you in New York or LA?
Speaker 3: I'm in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: You're Atlanta? Okay, I have already seen the show. Oh it is so good, Like it is like Atlanta, like years ago when it was We're.
Speaker 3: On top, when We're top. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's lived down a little bit, but they got it right back up there. How are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm doing great, you know what.
Speaker 4: I had so much fun filming with these ladies. Tam Acting is still my number one priority, but as the inventor of the Frank contract.
Speaker 3: Full circle moment, like.
Speaker 2: Are you really the inventor of the Friend with the Frank contract? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, a Frain contract to Niny years ago. I forgot what season it was. And it's just so funny that I have a friend contract and I'm an official friend for season sixteen. And it's great because for me, I'm still able to focus on my acting.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, I don't know schedule, and.
Speaker 4: When I pop in, I pop in, and you know, I have a you know, it's fun reconnecting with the ladies, and you know, I have a lot of history with some of the OG's and you know, I made some new you know, friendships with the with the new ladies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get into that. But you have recently started in Lifetimes Cruel Instructions. You're appearing an upcoming projects Jingle House Different with Me and Bid for Love Too. You are freaking busy. How were you able to film while you're doing all this?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 4: It just ended up working out, honestly. First of all, some of the stuff filmed in Atlanta, which was helpful, and when it didn't, we were disabled to work around my schedule if I had to leave by shot a show for Hulu that's coming out in April's called Got to Get Out. So I'm getting ready to start pressed for that, And I was there in Canada shooting that for like, you know, fifteen days. But in any case, I've look I was on a consistent housewife for over a decade. I love that I still get to be a part of the show in a way where I can. I can show up and hang out with the ladies. We just worked it out. It just worked out the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was thinking the last time I saw you was at twats Con, but it wasn't. I saw you.
Speaker 3: At Crystal Party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christmas Holiday party.
Speaker 3: It's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: By the way, we can I did, Oh, thank you, doney. Like it's all about the makeup artist. It's all about them.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, tell me about it. I mine just left about three hours ago.
Speaker 2: So well, my I just rolled out of bed and looked like this. But oh well, so I saw some stuff on social media about maybe your love life that you I saw. I saw there anything you want to share with.
Speaker 3: Us, Yeah, sure.
Speaker 4: At this point, TMC is pretty much out of the situation. But I've made no secret that I've been seeing someone. I've been dating someone for almost almost a year now, and I don't know how we were able to keep it secret for this long, but we have intentionally not done social media. We stay off social media, we don't post together, so we've kept that part of our lives very private.
Speaker 3: So that helped. But in real life, we're outside, we're.
Speaker 2: Always Are you gonna tell the listeners who he is?
Speaker 4: Well, I think Timsey already did that is La Prince. He is a musician from Amsterdam. I just call him Amsterdam. You guys may get a little sneak peek of him here and there on the show because I FaceTime with him a lot. It is a lone, distant relationship, but he's been able to spend quite a bit of time in the States with me, and I got a chance to go to Amsterdam of the holidays to see him perform for the first time in Switzerland, so that was really hardy. And yeah, it's been almost a year now and it's going well, it's going well. You know, I get you know, I get all into my relationships.
Speaker 3: I'm a pisces.
Speaker 4: I'm a lover of love and I usually do the most. This time, since I've been married in divorce twice. I just wanted to just take my time and just really get to know him outside of any outside distractions like social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I don't blame you. And let me tell you from someone who knows. It's the third time's charm.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: The third time is a charm. The other two are just you know, you practice, you do things, you know, and then the third time around you're like, this is what I want and this is what I'm going to get.
Speaker 4: The thing, Tamra, I'm I just celebrated a birthday. I have never made a secret about my age. I just turned fifty eight. It is what it is. I'm older, I'm wiser, and I'm just tired.
Speaker 3: Girl. I have no time.
Speaker 2: Or no, I'm going to be I'm going to be fifty eighth this year. Oh get out of here, fifty seven years old. September second, I'll be fifty eight years old.
Speaker 3: Well you look amazing.
Speaker 2: Did you ever like say the number and go whoop? How about hap?
Speaker 4: I know, well you know what now that I'm getting now that it's not you know, I've always like, you know, I know that representation matters. So I've always stood on my age I made such a big deal out of turning fifty, but after be honest, after fifty five, and you know, at fifty eight, it's a lot closer than to sixty sixteen.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel right now.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm going to stop it at sixty. Was that turned sixty? No one will know how old I am from them, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean there's like people that lie about their age and money.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have time for that.
Speaker 2: I don't have to like who cares like. It is what it is, and it's better than the alternative.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And it's not how old you are, it's how you look, it's how you.
Speaker 2: Act, how you make care of yourselves and all that. So everybody's excited that you're coming back as a friend of even now, you don't sound like you'd have time to be a full time cast member if you wanted to.
Speaker 4: To be honest, at this point in my life, I don't, and I wouldn't do it unless I really had that time to put into it. Yeah, but I'm still in my world on a break or a pause, and my own I mean I put my own stuff on a pause at this point because I just did it for so long, I.
Speaker 3: Mean over a decade.
Speaker 4: Like there's so many other things that I just want to do, and I'm lucky enough to be able to still stick a toe in when I get ready to and take it back out o here. Like I'm having so much fun doing the podcast with Crystal, like we are completely out of our minds. I didn't, you know, had no idea we would have such insane chemistry. And I'm having fun. I think one of the things going back to age when you get older, I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Things that I want to do and things.
Speaker 4: That make me laugh, and I feel like we live in a world where there's so much going on. I just want joy and laughter and fun and money and.
Speaker 2: Any anything in between.
Speaker 4: Nothing, you know what I'm saying. And the great thing about the show is this season I went back and I had fun, Like I think I remember, like you know, when I was a housewife, driving the scenes.
Speaker 3: Like oh my god, like you know the target? Am I the target? What's going to happen?
Speaker 4: And you know that feeling you know it all too well where you're like you know, you know something's brut or whatever. And when I tell you I drove to every scene, Happy go Lucky couldn't wait to get there hear what was going on with the ladies because it just wasn't you know, it wasn't about me. And going back to the friend contract, I really had a great time being a friend to the you know, to all the ladies, the new ones and the old ones.
Speaker 2: I mean, do you cause any drama?
Speaker 3: Do I cause any drama?
Speaker 2: Do you cause any drama?
Speaker 4: I don't remember causing any drama.
Speaker 3: I'm around a lot of drama.
Speaker 2: Around it, but you didn't cause it absolutely.
Speaker 4: I mean, I pride myself on just trying to be the voice of reason when I can. Like these girls had a lot going on, Like the friendship circle was definitely like a lot going on, lots of ups and downs, divorces and stuff.
Speaker 3: I've been divorced twice, Like I said, I.
Speaker 4: Can speak and give counsel to a lot of different situations because you know, motherhood, I've.
Speaker 3: Done it all.
Speaker 4: Like what what what do you need advice on?
Speaker 3: What do you need help with?
Speaker 2: So I well, that's a position I need, Cynthia, I need that position.
Speaker 4: No, you you're doing shied up in the drama position.
Speaker 2: You are trying not to try not to try not to you. My old bones can't take it anymore.
Speaker 3: But I can give you some care.
Speaker 4: Let me know what, you won't have a Margarito oh guide you and trying to go from the drama que to the peacemaker.
Speaker 2: To the voice of reason. Now I noticed on the show they have new confessional looks like they're doing like almost like Dubai full body.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I do like that actually, because a lot of times we would when I would pick up my outfits, all the magic had to be in the top part because we never would see the bottom part.
Speaker 3: Now you'd see a great outfit.
Speaker 4: And the you know, the magic happened at the bottom, but the magic happened with the shoot, you know choice, So now you get to.
Speaker 3: See the full looks. So I think it makes sense.
Speaker 4: And you know, it's like other us, it's kind of a waste of a look because you're.
Speaker 2: Just host of an outfit. Yeah, I know, we hate that, so I often have would they do ours to our knees? Now? So in the past, it used to be like the waist up, so we'd have like sweat pants on and slippers and like a cute shirt. But now you have to have on your show in the whole enchilada over there.
Speaker 3: Y douse.
Speaker 4: These ladies bring, bring the fashions, like we have quite a few fashion nieces on the show, so I'm sure they can appreciate that we're getting the full.
Speaker 2: But yeah, oh yeah, now you seem to be stayed close with Porsche. I love that she's back. How is she doing? There was all that stuff about Simon getting detained by Ice. I saw that She's like, I had nothing to do with it, I promise.
Speaker 3: I don't think she had anything to do with that.
Speaker 4: Porsa's doing good as to be as well as to be expected. It just feels like every time she gets of a one hurdle that something else is coming her way. I am so excited back. She's always been great TV. Our relationship, we've had our ups and downs, but we we've always been connected, like.
Speaker 3: We always that was always that space of.
Speaker 4: Trust, trust and love, even if we like you know, went back and forth about stuff and with with Porsche. I actually shook quite a bit with her this season just to help her, you know, just to be a friend, let someone to just navigate her very murky dark waters of a lot of things that's happening with her because there's a lot of ups and downs and just emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually.
Speaker 3: It's just a lot. And I've been through a lot on the show.
Speaker 4: But when I look at Porsia some of her story storylines, I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Girl, like she is made for TV.
Speaker 2: But she is, like she has made up.
Speaker 4: Just unfolds like every like months, something's happening. So kudos to Porsche for just sharing. You know, her life with us continued.
Speaker 2: He's been it together. She's so so well put together to and still.
Speaker 4: Keeping it together and still happened a sense of humor. She's still my face person to laugh with on the show. Like we I don't know how to even let us film together because we all we do is cut up the whole time.
Speaker 2: The first episode, we get to see Dennis's name resurface, yes, and there's some talk that maybe Drew and Dennis are dating. Do you think there's any truth.
Speaker 4: To that, girl, I hope not. We worked really hard on trying to get to the bottom of that. Drew said they were not it was just a business relationship. But for me, that's just a line that I certainly would not cross. I would I would never work with any of these ladies, husband's, booze, baby daddies, none of those things, because I feel like, and especially if we're gonna be on the show together, like that's when it's really tricky.
Speaker 3: I just feel like that's just.
Speaker 4: A recipe for a lot of drama that's gonna happen at some point. So I wouldn't cross that line. You'll see how it plays out, how you know. Drew definitely has her position in that whole situation, and we definitely go back and forth with her about it because everyone had, you know, everyone felt the way they felt about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now there's a lot of drama and speculations surrendering Kenya. We did see her in the first episode, but she has been she's no longer a housewife. She is a friend of maybe I don't even know at this point, I'm not really sure, not really sure what she is. What is your opinion of what everything that went down?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Did she take it too far? Was it? Were you there when this happened?
Speaker 3: Like I was there. I was there.
Speaker 4: I definitely felt like she took it too far. I think at this point she realizes that she took it too far. Kenya is one of the smartest cast members we have on the show, and she's great freaking TV. She's funny, she's shady, she is all the things. So I just felt like that whole situation was unfortunate for everyone involved, and obviously especially for Kenya because it just put her where she is now and that was never the plan. Like, yeah, one of the great things about porschea coming back was having Kenya to be there to anchor her and you know, make the magic happen. And once we lost Kenya, it's like going to the freaking super Bowl without one of your main players at the last minute.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it's like. Like, Kenya is a big part of the show. I don't know exactly what's gone, what exactly went down. I only heard rumors, and of course those are always blount out of proportion. But do you see a world where they ask her back.
Speaker 3: I hope, so, I really hope. So I think that.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know the inner workings or whatever. I just know that had she called me and asked me if she should do it, I would have definitely talked her off. That bitch, I don't think you should do it not for a number of reasons, but the most important reason I would have talked her out of doing it is because I don't.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it would benefit her to do it. Yeah, she's like someone that you know, that I considered a friend. So I was like, no, we save you first, and like.
Speaker 4: TV second, like you would never put yourself in a situation to do something like that. But I hope, So I hope. So yeah, I really hope. So you know, it's just it's like really hard to even talk about.
Speaker 3: Something but I can't even see that it happened.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, I know, and now that the show is finally coming on, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, wow, that that that did.
Speaker 2: She did do the right thing. She went on a talk show and she admitted what she did and she was remorseful and all that, and yeah, I was we all screw up, we all screw up.
Speaker 4: Her step and coming back is to take you know, to just take an accountability as Kenya has so many great fans that want to see her life and you know, maybe maybe soon that she will come back.
Speaker 3: I really hope.
Speaker 5: So I'm definitely rooting for her.
Speaker 2: Well, we got some new girls, so Shameya who was a friend of in the past. Yes, that girl's.
Speaker 3: Rich rich rich. No, No, no, she's not rich, she's wealthy, wealthy.
Speaker 2: So Samia is back from a friend to a housewife. I heard prior her husband didn't want to do the shows. That's why she was never a house Maybe no, she was offered, but she is.
Speaker 4: One been interested in her in the past, but he never really wanted to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one wealthy, wealthy woman and she's funny. Her whole story about shitting in her now husband's toilet. Yeah, it was a great story. Let's just put it that way. It was pretty good.
Speaker 3: It was her last night. I saw a bunched the ladies last night.
Speaker 4: I had a dinner for weight Watchers last night and we were just laughing about you know. I was asking everyone what they thought about the first episode, and Shamia is definitely with the shits.
Speaker 3: Literally.
Speaker 2: My type of girl. Now, what about britt Kelly Angela thoughts? Do you did you know them?
Speaker 3: I did not know them.
Speaker 4: I've met them on the show and I think they are a great addition. What I love about brit Kelly and Angela is as newbies normally, when you ladies come on the show. They're always a little intimidated by the ogs because you gotta you know, remember, these these ladies have just watched us on TV all this time, so it's a little intimidating to come into the circle. But when I tell you, I'm so glad that Brabel took their time with casting these ladies because they got the right three. Okay, these ladies definitely come in hot. They're not intimidated. They're reciprocating the same energy they get. They're not afraid of the OG's. If you don't respect them, they're not gonna respect you. They're just like you know what, which I think is great because you can't operate from a place of fear in a circle like this. You got to I'm in and own who you are, and if you somebody disrespect you, you got to.
Speaker 3: Come back at that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, normally when they you know, because Marlow's not there, Candy's not there, Chre's not there, and normally when the show comes back and you watch it, you miss those people. And I love them however, and hopefully.
Speaker 3: They'll come back throughout.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have like there's no reason why, you know, Kenya Marlowe, Like I just feel like what I do love, not to interrupt you, is that there is always room and timing for the other cast members to come back. The fans love that because they're all so invested in us because on the show for so long, so why not like throw us in the mix and bring some news and throws.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, but that being said a lot of times, when the Ogs the girls have been on the show for a long time, like Chre and Candy, like you go back, you know, a new season comes out and you're like, I missed, you know, I miss the Ogs. But in this first episode, I'm like, I'm fulfilled, Like this is good, this is great. I still miss Candy and Chrey, but yeah, it was good. It was really good. Who do you get along the best with?
Speaker 3: I get along well with.
Speaker 4: Wow, Porschhaphedra Samia drew great relationships with the new ladies in a good place, Like I'm actually the perfect friend to come on this season because I'm in a really good space with all of them and I get them honest, my honest opinions about the different things that they're going through, and I think they respect me.
Speaker 3: I think they trust me. You know, there's a lot.
Speaker 4: That's a big thing on a show like this is trust. You know, there's a lot of texting, there's a lot of like stuff off camera, there's a lot of going to have drinks off camera. There's a lot of that stuff that happens on a platform like this. And I'm the kind of person if you tell me something that's going to stay here, even on mad Day, I'm not going.
Speaker 3: To take you out.
Speaker 4: I'm just not like, I think that's a great position to be in because that's not always the case on a platform like this.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good friend. Now, Uh, Fadri's coming back and excited for that. When do we get to see Fadra? Do you think or do you even know?
Speaker 4: I feel like Faedra comes in maybe I don't really know. She shot with for maybe about two and a half weeks towards the end, but she came in hot, definitely, so.
Speaker 2: She and she's coming in as a housewife.
Speaker 4: Too, which is like has never happened.
Speaker 2: That's the attorney and her negotiated.
Speaker 3: That's a crazy.
Speaker 4: Thing like this this season we call it Sweet sixteen, but it really should be Surprise sixteen because no, we never.
Speaker 3: You know, planning on Kenya leaving. So then that was like, wait, no, Ken, you can't leave. So she ends up leaving.
Speaker 4: Then, just when we thought that was crazy enough, then Faedra comes in like.
Speaker 2: Towards there's lots of twists and turns on your season.
Speaker 4: Lots and lots of twists and turns. But you know, I think fans are going to be excited. I had to have her back. You know, she's got her housewife fans, she's got our Trader fans, like, you know, she's on fire right now, and you know it's her season, it's her time. And she comes in with her same fun shade, you know, prayer, plumb all.
Speaker 3: Of course, good TV.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, so you're you're on good terms with everybody. There is a lot of drama in the first episode, for sure. There seems to be a lot of drumas around.
Speaker 4: So oh wait till you see the second Oh really, Oh I just had to introduce everyone in the first one.
Speaker 2: Well there's even drama just introducing people. So that's good. I mean, there seems to be a lot of drama surrounding her husband's partners, fraud scamming. The season, it's is there a lot of truth revealed, or there's a lot of a.
Speaker 3: Lot of everything revealed in the end.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you I would not say this, and I've always tried to be I've always tried to be supportive of Atlanta, even just from the sidelines at this point from not being on the show.
Speaker 3: But I think Atlanta is back.
Speaker 2: I think I do too.
Speaker 3: The Little Man. It wasn't like a.
Speaker 4: Whole reboot, but the little mini reboot was was needed, and I think these ladies understand the assign they do.
Speaker 2: What are your honest thoughts about Ralph?
Speaker 3: I I like Ralph. I don't have an issue with him.
Speaker 4: I thought I've always thought he and Drew were a beautiful couple together, but it just felt like to me personally.
Speaker 3: They didn't have great chemistry together.
Speaker 4: N they made beautiful children, but it just felt like there was they just couldn't get on the same page and it just shouldn't be. I'm not saying marriage is easy, but it just felt like it was so hard for them to just communicate.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, Well, we learned in the first episode that they have to text with a with an app that the judge or courts can look at. Back in my day when I got divorced. It was called family Wizard. I don't know if it's called the same thing. So they can't text each other, but they're living in the same household together. He's been banished to the basement. We've heard his voice. Are we going to see his face this season? Do you think?
Speaker 3: I believe so?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, well that's good to know. I mean, they can't even.
Speaker 3: Come in out of the basement.
Speaker 2: Honey, she's coming out. He's coming out. He's got to get permission. I got knock on the wall to come upstairs. But he's gonna come out and make it out of that base.
Speaker 3: Okay, trust and believe.
Speaker 2: Who do you think is the biggest pot star this season?
Speaker 4: I you know, I've been pretty consistent with this answer. I'm going to give it to one of the newbies, Angela. She definitely and it will give you some a little bit of like a little splash of Charae who was always good at like being a bone carrier and a plasterer. She was like a slow burn, but when she got ignited, she was on fire. She definitely was the one that asked all the hard questions and was just figured out how to move information around I'll say.
Speaker 2: That was it Kelly that said she met Porscha and was like, did you take somebody's man or something like that, Kelly.
Speaker 3: And they come in hot, and that was like the first. That was the first all cast.
Speaker 4: Usually you got to get through two or three, you know, gatherings before someone just you know, especially a new girl.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're coming in hot. You're gonna blow your wad in one second, and then you're gonna have nothing else to go off of, so you might want to slow your role a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, that's not the case. The season.
Speaker 4: These are hot and they stay hot, and they helped create a really good season.
Speaker 2: So well, thank you so much for being on the pod. I know that Teddy would love to be here with you, I.
Speaker 4: Know, and you know I am sending my prayers and my love to Teddy. I've been getting updates from Jeff and anyone I can. I didn't want to, yeah, but if you could just keep me posted. I know you have to text everybody just once a week. Let me know she's good and she's recovering.
Speaker 3: But I am always praying for she is.
Speaker 2: She's been posting, you know, Teddy with her Instagram. She loves to post, and I wish she would be relaxing a little bit more because she starts there, she starts treatment soon, so well, you know, I know, Teddy, she can't sit still. I'm like, just girl, just you know, relax a little bit. But girl, I.
Speaker 4: Know through all of this, Like in the beginning, when I first saw the post, I was like laughing at her video, like, you know.
Speaker 3: Just she's always gonna find funny and everything.
Speaker 2: And just well, I wish I could share her text message to me when she found out. I just went, Teddy, no, this is not something to joke about. But she finds joke and everything.
Speaker 3: He's gonna find the funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. But thank you so much, So happy that you're back.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of you. Your podcast is killing it.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Well I learned I'd learned from the Miss Teddy got the groom filling in bad you, right, Tonny. That's when it all kind of started. I was like, I'd never really build in or co hosted, and I had so much fun with you guys.
Speaker 3: And I still a lot of times.
Speaker 4: When I'm out and about to like, oh my god, We had so much fun with you on two t's. You guys have such a great fan base and I got a lot of like followers in love just from you know, falling off. So I thank you guys for helping me pop my cherry into the Podcasting.
Speaker 2: Is kind of addictive. Once you start doing it, it's like, Okay, this is fun.
Speaker 3: It was like an araby for me. Like we say and just talk about all kinds of crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 3: Safe space to just put it all out there.
Speaker 4: I mean, but you guys are good at like really doing the recaps of the you know, the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah we should. We should do a pod swap one day.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say that. Someone asked me about that. Yeah, we have to definitely do that. Let's make that happen.
Speaker 2: When Teddy gets back, and we'll definitely do that.
Speaker 4: All right, Tamra love all right, bye bye, right by bye