Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode. We'll call it eighty eight. It might be eighty seven, might be eighty nine. I get a little confused, you know, counting all this money we won this weekend? What on Buddy, What's Episode eighty something of What's Right with Nick Right the podcast the YouTube show My guy right here gave us the lock of the week. It broke our losing streak on locks. Indeed, we also are guaranteed a winning week gambling, the question is will it be four and one or three and two. This guy, on the other hand, hit a nice multi team four or five team parlay. He's feeling great. Hea, that the his parlay and we'll get to the show in just second. At one point, the sports book he was using, which the sportsbook was using, offered him a cash out option for literal pennies. Hey, that's how, that's how what desperate shape they thought this parlay was in and demonte held strong got the whole thing. So is that going on? So we have a ton of football to discuss today's show. And by the way, we're live on YouTube. You can send in your comments and questions, participate in the polls throughout the show. Today's show is going to be a little bit different. So the first segment we're gonna do all football, the second segment I'm going to address the Kyrie Irving situation, and then the third segment we're gonna get to your questions, comments and play a game and have some fun. So it's you know what I mean, It's a sandwich of sports fun, sports fun plus some seriousness in the middle. So all that coming up. But first, what we must get to is what we are not discussing today. Here's what is not on. What's right with Nick right today? The NFL trade deadline is tomorrow. We will discuss that on Thursday. Oh, since we last talked, though, the Chiefs added Kadarius Tony, Oh, maybe fixing their one problem the punt return game, Bill Belichick tying George Hallis or moving past George Hollis on the all time wins list, and the Lakers finally get a dub. The Lakers and the Nets both now one win teams.
Speaker 3: Or the shirt for the Lakers?
Speaker 2: Why what shirt? What does that have to do with the Lakers? They all right, fair enough, I don't think I think you wore that shirt as you woke up and you thought it was May in the Miami Beach as opposed to November or Halloween in New York City. It's a hell of an outfit to be wearing on Halloween. What are you gonna do today? Demonte when people are like, oh, what do you dress that? When they think you're wearing a costume?
Speaker 3: I'm a podcaster.
Speaker 2: You're a podcaster. Okay, there you go. Fair enough? All right, Demanse, Let's get the show started.
Speaker 4: All right, man, Let's talk about Buffalo and Green Bay for a second. We are in a new era of NFL. Whe're having Aaron Rodgers on your team. Doesn't automatically make you a competitor.
Speaker 3: The chiefs on the.
Speaker 4: By the Bills reminded everybody who the true cream of the copper is in the AFC. Are you ready to write Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay's eulogy and as Josh Allen taking.
Speaker 3: The rains from Aaron Rodgers on being the best quarterback in the league.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys are asking this last question just to troll me, right? Can I say something about last night's game?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Well, then it's dumb. It's either trolling me or you guys are dumb, because if this is a serious question, I don't. This is why I get so frustrated with the Bills narrative and the Josh Allen narrative. Here's a fun fact. Josh Allen was not good yesterday. He completed fifty percent of his passes. He had two picks when all they needed to do was not turned the ball over and it would have been a guaranteed easy victory. Instead, he threw an indefensible pick at midfield and then an awful pick in the red zone. Like there's so he had His quarterback rating history was seventy five. Is Josh Allen awesome. Yes, is he right now one of the two or three leading MVP candidates, no question about it. But I don't understand why he why even a game like that when his performance was not the first, second, third, fourth, or fifth best thing the Bills had going for him that people are like, uh, I mean, MVP race is over? No, it's not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we might have talked about this a little bit when you said the best player on the team gets the credit, no matter like. If you win, yes, like you you shine, and then when you lose, it's all blamed on you.
Speaker 2: Yes, that you know what. You're absolutely right, And that's a really smart point you made right there. So I'm okay with that. But this idea that this was all a passing of the torchween Rogers and all. And by the way, Rogers hasn't been the best quarterback in football, some would argue. Ever, certainly since Mahomes walked in the league. There's not been a day that Mahomes has been in the NFL that Rogers been better than him, Not one day since Mahomes took over. So listen, the Bills. It was a good win, their deep, their run defense. I'd be a little concerned by'm buffalo that all right? The Packers, once they realized that you couldn't throw on them, they ran the ball thirty times for two hundred yards. They just ran the ball at will. Green Bay, on the other hand, has now lost four games in a row. How they have They are in Detroit next week. Detroit has shown us that at home they can score points. Yeah, on the road they sink. At home, they can score points. It then goes after the Detroit game. Cowboys, Titans, Eagles three of the hottest teams in the league, is it? I mean, the Titans have won five in a row. Cowboys are coming off a great win, which I think we're going to talk about. I mean, not a great win as far as degree of difficulty, but how dominating they were on the offensive side. And the Eagles are undefeated at the They still, even after that, have games against the Dolphins and Vikings and will throw in a Rams game. You though, the Rams I don't think are very good. Green Bay is not making the playoffs.
Speaker 3: That's what it's looking.
Speaker 2: Like there is you know, I wonder I'll look right now in real time see if it's up there. What their playoff odds are. They were an underdog to make the playoffs before this week. Now I'm sure that was they baked in that they thought they were going to lose to Buffalo, but they went So they're plus one eighty to make the playoffs, so one hundred bucks to win, one hundred and eighty bucks for them to miss the playoffs, they're minus two hundred. So Vegas is telling you they think there's a two out of three chance they missed the playoffs. I think that's right. I think right now, if we were ranking NFC and listen the Bills, let me say one more thing about the Bills, then we'll finish the Packers, then we'll move on. Here's what the most important thing for the Bills is. It's not just that they are now six and one. It is that they are six and one with head to head wins over the other the only five and two teams in the conference. So they're six and one with a blowout win over Tennessee, which at the time it's like, Okay, the Titans are just gonna stink. That looks better by the week, and a close win over Kansas City. So in order for the Titans or the Chiefs to pass them. They have to. They can't have the same record as them, obviously. So let's say the Chiefs are going to lose. What's best case scenario, The Chiefs are only going to lose one more time all year. Okay, so they finished fourteen and three, that would mean Buffalo has to finish thirteen and four for them to not be the one seed. And so Buffalo's remaining schedule at the Jets home for the Vikings, home for the Browns, at the Lions, at the Patriots, home for the Jets, at the Dolphins, or at the Bear home for the Dolphins, pardon me, at the Bears, at the Bengals home for the Patriots. Hard to find they've got it, yeah, I mean it's very it's hard to find the loss is necessary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was. I didn't really even see one clear.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't. They're going to be favored in every game they play. But even if you know, you could lose at Sincy, you could lose at the Jets, you could lose at the Patriots. Let's say you lose those three road games. Okay, even if they do that, Kansas City then has to go. They're five and two, eight and one. The rest of the way, So the Chiefs almost have to run the table to have a real shot at the one seed, and even if they do that, Buffalo is still got to lose twice. So that's why that was a good win for Buffalo, because at the beginning of the year, when we didn't know Green Bay was going to be this bad, it's like, oh, yeah, it's in Buffalo, but that's a that's one of the toughest games on your schedule. Home game against the Packers didn't turn out that way. Oh they also, by the way, I didn't even think about this. Buffalo also has the head to head with the Ravens. Now, the Ravens aren't five and two, but the other division leaders Baltimore, Tennessee and Kansas City, Buffalo's beaten all So that's a testament to their overall team, even if yesterday they weren't that great. For the Packers, what I was going to say is, if we are ranking playoff contenders right now in the NFC, the Eagles are as good as in, the Vikings to me are as good as in, the Cowboys are close to as good as in, and you're obviously going to have a winner from the NFC South End and the NFC West End. Right now, green Bay, I put them in the same bucket as they are going to be fighting with Atlanta, Seattle, and the Giants. Those four teams and the Rams, the Rams, Seattle, Atlanta, the Giants and the Packers. Those five teams, I should say, are gonna be fighting for the final two playoffs spots. So I think Green Bay's in real rough shape. All right?
Speaker 3: Next, seems like it? All right?
Speaker 4: The Eagles, Cowboys, and Commanders all one on Sunday. Yeah, Philly dominated Pittsburgh and Dallas put up almost fifty against Chicago. The Giants lost but remain six and two. The four teams are combined for sixteen and three against teams.
Speaker 3: Out of the division.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable. Yeah, that is unbelievable to have that record out of division. It's wildly impressed. Not common, No, not at all. Go ahead, all right?
Speaker 3: Is there a shot?
Speaker 4: Is there a shot that Dallas and the Giants can beat the Eagles out of the division?
Speaker 2: Crown, Oh, I don't think so, because the Eagles you don't have that. It's so softy. I don't want to make this a schedule show. We just did that with these other teams, but the Eagles. The next week they're home for Washington. Then they're at Indy, home for Bay, home for the Titans, at the Giants, at the Bears, at the Cowboys, home for the Saints, home for the Giants. So aside from divisional games, what they have left is the Colts, the Packers, the Titans, the Bears, and the Saints. Every single one of those teams is below five hundred, except for Washington, which is at five hundred. Oh and this week I left this one out. I'm sorry. Their next game is against the Texans, So that's like, so, I don't think had the Cowboys beaten Philly, this is how close Margins are. The Cowboys had beaten Philly when they played Cooper Rush's last game, then both of them have won loss. Dallas would actually, because they haven't had the buye yet seven and one Phillies six and one. Dallas would be in first place with the tiebreaker at the moment. Instead, they're two games back with Philly having the tiebreaker. I don't listen Phi. Philly's more of a lock for the one seed than Dallas is. I'm sorry, then Buffalo is, and listen before the year. I've said this before, I'll say it again. I was skeptical of the Eagles at first, and then after the Tyrone Smith injury came around on them as division winners. But I laughed. We talked about it on the show. I openly laughed about the idea that, oh, yeah, Philly's gonna be fourteen and three in the one seed. They're gonna be fourteen and three and the one seed. Yeah, the and Jalen is playing. I mean, Jalen was Yesterday might have been the best game of the season for him. AJ Brown was obviously sensational. The Steelers had no answers Philly looks.
Speaker 3: Really there are that Philly goes undefeated. I think there is.
Speaker 2: You think there is, yeah, just because of the schedule or because you like them that much.
Speaker 4: The schedule, I mean, he's given what they've already done. I just I don't really see anything. I mean, I could see that maybe being played with injuries, but besides that, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Here's what hurts them or it hurts the chances of that. Divisional games are almost always the toughest games. We've just talked about how that the NFCAS is sixteen and three outside of the division, they still have four divisional games remaining, So are they You're really gonna sweep the division when it's the best division of football and thinks so? So well, you know what, let me check the odds on that as well, the odds for Philly to go on. I wonder what their regular season is that even available Philadelphia Right now, their projected win total is fourteen and a half, So Vegas is saying they're either going fourteen and three or fifteen and two. Will they go undefeated? I'm looking at it right now. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is what do you think it is?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 2: Thirty to one, fifty one, twelve to one, ten to one, like fifty to one. No, I'm just throwing stuff out there. I'm saying, what do you what do you think it is?
Speaker 4: Maybe thirty to one, twelve to one, twelve to one, okay, twelve to one.
Speaker 2: Their minus they're one to thirty to have a loss. So if you want to bet them not to go undefeated, it would be you'd have to risk three thousand to win one hundred. If you want to bet them to go undefeated, you'd have first one hundred to win twelve hundred. I don't think they're going undefeated, but they are. Also, they and Buffalo are both tied for the odds for the best regular season record at even money. Essentially, the Chiefs have the next best odds at plus seven point fifty. So Vegas really thinks Philly and Buffalo are basically locked into the one seeds. And keep in mind they changed a couple of years ago. Now only the one seed gets a buy. It used to be the one and the two, so that between the one and the two seed is massive.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Next the poll, Oh, we have a poll, thank you? Sorry about that. Who in the NFC East eighty one percent says Philly, Dallas thirteen percent, Washington three percent, and the Giants only one percent. Listen, I've disrespected the Giants plenty, but having the four and four Washington commanders well the poll our poll respondents liked their chances of winning the division more than the Giants is ludicrous. All right?
Speaker 4: Next, all right, the NFC West, one of the hardest divisions to make sense of. Seattle is in first after improving, improving five to five and three against the six and two Giants.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Christian McCaffrey ran caught and.
Speaker 4: Threw a touchdown for San Francisco because they swept the Rams for this season. Yep, Arizona had a chance against Minzona Minnesota, but they don't looking to playoff team obviously.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Is San Francisco rallying or could Seattle really win the division?
Speaker 2: Oh? Listen, I think Seattle. I think Seattle is a good team. And Gino deserves a ton of credit and Carrol's arms a ton of credit. And they crushed that draft, just crushed it. They have rookies helping everywhere. Yeah, but I don't think they're gonna win the division? Can they?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: But San Francisco, we said it on the show that San Francisco back to back tough losses, the lay terribly against the Falcons. They ran into the bus saw that is the Chiefs San Francisco. Now, they don't have an easy schedule. But do I expect Seattle to maintain the divisional lead against them? I don't. The other thing San Francisco has going for them is they already beat Seattle head to head, So if they sweep them, obviously it's a huge advantage to winning the division. But even if they don't sweep them. They're in great shape to win the division because their divisional record since they as you mentioned, they've already swept the Rams this year. So I do like San Francisco to win that division. I think the I think the Rams are done. I think the Rams are deads the Ram and this is why I wouldn't write off the Bucks. We haven't talked since the Bucks lost another embarrassing one on Thursday night. Bucks, Rams, Packers all to miss the playoffs for the year would have sounded crazy. I think it's still a little crazy because I think the Bucks can win that division. The Packers Minnesota just keeps winning. All they do is keep winning, and they already beat Green Bay had to head once and the Rams have a broken roster. And I don't know how many people paid attention to this. Down three scores with less than two minutes left, McVeigh made a big mistake. Man had not only Cooper Cup in the game, but they threw him a pass and his ankle got rolled up on. If he's out for any amount of time, that offense becomes the worst offense in football. According to the Smart Numbers, it already is the worst offense in football, they can't run the ball, they can't protect almost a golf stafford. So I think Seattle, that's a great win against the Giants, A great win against the Giants. I give him credit for how they did it. San Francisco, though, is, in my opinion, the best team in the conference other than Phillya. And you know, Philly deserves respect for what it's done, but take Philly out of it. I think San Francisco is the best team, and I think the second best team in the conference right now is Dallas. I mean, sorry, the third best team. I think Philly and San Francisco at the top, with Dallas at number three. I picked Dallas miss the playoffs. I've been a Dallas skeptic. I've been wrong. I mean, the defense wasn't even great against the Bears.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, it's just the Bears.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but that that Bears defense kicked the crap out of the Patriots and fair and Dallas hung damn near fifty on. Yeah, so Dallas, we knew the defense was great. If that offense now is starting to get more explosive and with Dallas it I know we'll talk more about it later, But Tony Pollard got his first his career, you know, not his first career, but he started over Zeke Cauzekee was hurt. He's still amazingly. Tony Pollard has never had a fifteen carry game. He had fourteen in this game. But he had fourteen for like a buck thirty. He was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: So move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Dallas, listen, Dallas deserves credit. But I think San Francisco. San Francisco is clearly better than Seattle. All right, last topic this segment.
Speaker 3: All right, we've talked about the good divisions.
Speaker 4: Now for the NFC South, the two in five Panthers and three and four Falcons had a showdown for first place in the division. Falcons came out on top and overtime after a crazy into the game. So Atlanta is is alone in first place. The Saints and Bucks are tied for second at three and five. Is Tampa gonna figure this out and win the division or you're a buyer in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: No, listen, Tampa's gonna win the division. Atlanta's win yesterday was a theft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Listen, everyone's killing Dj Moore? Can I defend Dj Moore for a second? He took his helmet off after scoring the touchdown. Yeah, and the NFL has made it to where you can do you can run off the bench to celebrate. There's so many touchdown celebrations that are allowed to not let him to penal. And by the way, for it to be fifteen yards, what are you so upset about?
Speaker 4: Did you have something I really don't like NFL refs. Oh yeah, they're pretty annoying.
Speaker 2: The well, it's just, oh yeah, the guy ran into Pete Carroll and it's so punitive that now the extra points already thirty three yards, yet fifteen Now it's a damn near fifty yard field goal. Now, with that said, Carolina also did have a thirty yard field goal in overtime to win, and that kid shanked that one too. Carolina doesn't deserve to be in first place. But Atlanta and that huge survivor pool I'm in which my team lasted. You know, yesterday it was a great day for survivor pools, all the big favorites one but we would have knocked out fifteen percent of the pool with the Atlanta loss, and I wouldn't have been one of them. So that was a bummer Atlanta. I but to answer everybody, to answer the question that I was asked, I'm not a buyer or a believer in the Falcons. I think the Falcons were incredibly fortunate to win that game. They do have one dominating win this year, the one over the Niners, but the Browns and Seahawks games that they won earlier this year were incredible close calls. This Panthers game was absurd, and they do have an incredibly soft schedule moving forward. I think they will come back down to earth, and they've been outscored on the season. They have a negative point differential. That's always a red flag of a team not being as good as their record suggests. Yeah, if they have a negative point like point differential, let me tell you right now that we're this far through the season, it's a good indicator.
Speaker 3: So here are like our teams blowing you out basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So number one in the league in point differential, Buffalo number two, number three, the Chiefs, number four, Dallas, number five, Cincinnati, even though they're only four and three, number six, Minnesota, number seven, San Francisco, number eight, Baltimore. It was Denver in point differential. Yeah, they are probably not as low as you would think.
Speaker 4: No, I thought they were higher because I mean they're scoring like these little mini like it's like fourteen seventeen.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but they're losing, so they have a negative point difference. This is not not points allowed. Point differential is take all the points you've scored, all the points you've allowed, and compare them. So my point is the top eight in the NFL and point differential goes Bills, Eagles, Chiefs, Dallas, Bengals, Vikings, Niners, Ravens. Those are the eight best teams in football, you know what I mean, Like, it's really indicative of how good you actually are. The bottom five teams in point differential are Washington, Red Flag, Houston, the Rams, Red Flag, the Lions, and the Steelers. Like, oh, those are the worst teams in football. So the reason I bring it up is Atlanta being right in the middle, you know, same point differential this year as the Bucks in this right there with behind the Saints. It's indicative they're not great. Seattle, on the other hand, point differential wise, they're eleventh in the NFL. My name, Jacksonville Jaguars ten.
Speaker 3: What a terribleness. I think we're gonna talk about the great loss Actually.
Speaker 2: Why did you have Denver?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You mean because you guys talked me out of betting them. Yeah, you guys saved me money because I would have bet them, And if i'd have woken up in time, I would have bet them on my own. But that game started kicked at nine thirty, and I was so mad. I was so mad that I couldn't bet them. That is so bad. But it didn't matter.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So there's there's our Week eight NFL beginning of the recap. Oh, I think we have one more poll? Sorry, who's gonna win the NFC South? Fifty percent says Tampa, thirty four percent says Atlanta, uh, ten percent says New Orleans, and six percent says Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: New Orleans. By the way, what an awful performance by the Raiders. It just awful.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to let that go?
Speaker 2: Let what go?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: You just keep saying, I think the Raiders are really good. I think it's I think it's definitely.
Speaker 2: So that was the one pick that I got wrong this week.
Speaker 3: It's time to kill that one.
Speaker 2: Well that was I mean, that type of performance makes you consider that was terrible. Okay, all right, So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna come back, We're gonna talk Kyrie, and then we're gonna get back to football and your questions and comments in the uh in the chat, but we'll take a sixty or ninety second break, come right back and have a serious discussion about what has happened to Kyrie Irving. Whether you're a basketball fan or a Nets fan or not, it's it's going to be applicable information for all of us in our daily lives. We'll discuss it next.
Speaker 3: What's Right.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roeblass, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome Back in episode eighty nine, What's Right with Nick Right and now we're gonna talk about the Kyrie stuff, so very quickly. I'm gonna do the basketball stuff, and then I'm gonna do the far more important stuff. Okay, basileb stuff is this Kyrie Irving Flatley. The juice is not worth the squeeze hasn't been for a single day he's been on the Brooklyn Nets. His first year there, Katie's out with an injury. Kyrie then sits out the little many playoff runs. He had some injury. He also was instrumental in getting Kenny Atkinson fired, which obviously was a major error. His second year there, it all looked great, and then he turned his ankle in the playoffs jams Sarvon's already hurt, and who knows. His third year, obviously he derails their entire season with the vank scene stuff and then is terrible in the playoffs and they get swept. And now this year that team is awful. They are the worst defensive team in basketball. Kyrie has a lot of highlights, but one way player and now already has created a just total storm around him. So I don't know what. I don't know if he's tradeable, I don't know who right now, is going would want to take him on, and it's a disaster for them from a basketball perspective. And so that's the basketball. Now to the important okay, and this is the part that I'm gonna want us to put out there on our channels social wise, because this is the part that I think is important.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So there's so many layers here, and I'm gonna try to get through them all. If you guys watch the show. You guys know, for this show, I don't ever have notes. I have notes here for this one because I want to make sure we get it right. So Kyrie Irving tweeted out a link to a movie that is based on a book. He then claimed in this press conference he had watched the movie. I thought it was totally in play. He had not watched the movie and was just gonna double down anyway. I'm still not convincing watched the whole thing, and I think it is Actually his best defense would be, I didn't watch it, man, I saw it. It seemed interesting somedy with you know my name means Jahweh, as he explained, So I put it out there. My bad. But he claims not only did he watch it, but he also implies he might have read the book. So in the most the most damning part of the movie, and that book, which is why it's being called anti semitic, is because it has an alleged quote from Harold Wallace Rosenthal, and it's been debunked as a fake quote years ago. But that quote talks about how the Jews have established five major falsehoods to conceal their nature and protect their status and power, including on those falsehoods is holocau s nihilism according to this again fabricated quote. He goes on to later in the movie, there is a quote attributed to Hitler that says, quote, because the white Jews know that the Negroes are the real children of Israel, and to keep America's secrets, the Jews will blackmail America, they will extort America. They're playing for world domination. Won't work if the Negroes know who they are. So Kyrie Irving at this press conference talks about it's on Amazon Prime, it's history, it's out there, but it's fabricated history. So now let's go a layer back. That Harold Wallace Rosenthal quote sounds a hell of a lot like some things folks read one hundred years ago in a book called The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. That again, that was one of the first documented instances of truly damaging fake news. So that was a book that the entire thing was wrote as a fabrication. So folks that wanted reasons to attack and dehumanize use one of Kyrie's words. Jewish people wrote a book that was attributed to Jewish people about their plot for world domination and then pretended they discovered it. Do you follow me? So that's what that And this Harold Wallace Rosenthal quote that is not a real quote from that guy. And I'm not going to get into the full history of that, but it's been since debunked many times over. It's a lot like the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. What so Kyrie says, did I hurt or harm anyone? Well, not directly and not yet how ever, And Kyrie's big on history, but it's important you know the actual history. So the Protocols the Elders of Zion that book was in nineteen in the nineteen thirties, taught to school children, and you guessed it. Nazi Germany as a way to prime these young people for the hatred and the coming purge of Jewish people during the rise of Hitler and you know Nazi Germany. Okay, So all of this stuff, Kyrie and Kanye and so many of these folks think they're discovering something, think they've uncovered real truth, when it's the same playbook that's that other folks have been. It's going by intentionally or unintentionally for decades and in some cases centuries. So this all like hits close to It's weird for me maybe to care so much about this, but it is such a symptom of a bigger problem. And I said this on Twitter, and I say it again here. I'm just an Italian Irish white guy who's raised Roman Catholic. However, my dear beloved grandfather, who passed before you were born, was a Polish Jew. And my wife and my three wonderful children are black. And people have been trying to pit Blacks and Jews against each other for so long, and in so many ways it's been successful. Some of the some of the most racially exclusive communities in New York City are the Orthodox Jewish communities that really have no time time for black folks. And some of the most racially exclusionary communities are these folks that march up the street from this store, some of the some of the black Israelites who echo all of this same anti Semitic nonsense. And what's such a shame is we can keep it to sports, we can go outside of sports. All of our civil rights leaders knew better. mL came marched with rab eyes and had no quarter for anti semitism, Jackie Robinson wrote. Jackie Robinson wrote a column for I think was the New York Poster or New York paper long ago about confronting anti semitism. Kareem talks about it to this day, and and yet it still pervades. And I do empathize with Black Americans in that not only was your history stolen from you, and not only do you not we don't teach it in schools. There's there is the if you want to learn anything about your ancestors, you have to specialize in it. And even there, it's hard. It's hard to sort everything out. It's the people say, what you know, what I mean, some of the bad actors, racist folks. You're like, it's so ridiculous. Why can't I have white pride when there's black pride? Well, there is white pride all over the place, it's just us white folks get to narrow it down to Irish American pride or Italian pride, or Polish pride or Russian pride. Black Americans don't get that luxury. They don't they had stripped from them. The just get the condent of Africa and really their experience here in America. So you can it's so, it's it's different, and it's it takes what you got to peel back the onion one layer and understand that. So I understand black people wanting to feel like, God damn it, they're not teaching me this in school that I'm gonna go find my history. But this is where we all as a society are in such a dangerous place, because nobody seems to have the goddamn ability to differentiate history from a well produced YouTube video. And I I think Kyrie means well, I do. I don't think he has hate in his heart for anybody, but I think he doesn't know what he doesn't know, and he thinks he's the educated one. He talks about how the history is out there, and now he's in a unique position to post things for his community. And he's then asked to about promoting an Alex Jones video and he gives the perfunctory I don't stand with Alex Jones on the Sandy Hook stuff. But he says what Alex Jones saying about secret societies, he's flat says it goes well, that's true. And what Kyrie doesn't know is Alex Jones's whole New World Order conspiracy, which is a conspiracy that predates Alex Jones, is also an old anti Semitic conspiracy that this Jewish cabal runs the world and wants to have power over everyone. It's all fruit of the same poisonous tree. And we are we are so trapped in a place where we have we have all I shouldn't we all so many people have? How do I put this? There has been a death of expertise, and whether it's science, medicine, or history, folks, so many folks think there are no experts. I'm going to become my own experts. And what they're not seeing is that so much of what they then consume was created for the explicit purpose of exploiting and Kyrie doesn't see it. And my friends that I've lost to this, they're just toxic Internet brain. They don't see it. And it's horve and the Canarian the coal mine was the flat earth stuff, and it was once we as a society saw, oh, there is a legitimate percentage of people that really believe this flat earth stuff. It should have been a nationwide alarm that will bad actors see that and know if they'll believe that, they'll believe an it. Let me throw up some fake quotes. Let me give some history that has just enough of a kernel of truth to it. And this is the part that I'll tell you. Go check go check this in your school history book and you'll see that this is true. But then everything else that comes of it is to lead you down a path. And by I just I just wish there was more of a consensus. And I'm going to tell you this right now. Man. We've got some viewers and some listeners from Twitter followers that will see this or saw Kyrie's thing, and what they will say is, well, what did you say that's not true? And what they don't understand is y'all are being taken for a ride. They think your rooms and that you can be exploited, and nobody seems to be immune from it. And so I don't think Kyrie is a bad person, and I don't think Kyrie dislikes Jewish people. I think Kyrie Irving believes he knows a true history that was so that is so clearly the same playbook of fabricated quotes and fabricated texts and fabricated history to start to divide people that people have been using across all societies for as long as there have been societies. But now everyone's got access to it, and some of our folks with the biggest microphones are now giving more people. They already had access to it, but it's now accessible to them and or now they.
Speaker 3: Know about it.
Speaker 2: It is going in the wrong direction. I hate to be so pessimistic, but unless we societally invest in for our young people and adults some form of I don't even want to call it media, but I will media and historic literacy, that the videos are only going to get more compelling, the deep fakes are only going to start coming right down the tracks, and everyone is going to have their own version of history. And we know where that ends. We know what the end goal of it all is, and it's scary. So makes me really sad, and I just I don't have a I don't have a solve, but I know the direction it's going and it's a really really bad one. All Right, we'll get back to sports next World track. All right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick? Right episode eighty nine. You know, I could have just checked this at the when we tweeted out the link for the show, and I didn't because I'm a dope. But it says right in the link that we tweeted out that this is episode eighty nine. Uh, the I don't. I was before we get to the game. I just want to say one thing, if you're still with us, I almost cried twice during that Kyrie Irving thing, which totally shocked me. I did not think that I would get emotional about it like that. I knew I was, like upset me.
Speaker 3: It is a frustrating thing.
Speaker 2: It's just frustrating, and I just it's in this regard. I just think we all know people who we love and care about who have been lost to the YouTube algorithm.
Speaker 3: And it who.
Speaker 2: Are just gone. They're just gone. The way my mom tells me about friends you grew up with in the sixties who took acid all the time and then at one point their brain just stopped working. You know what I mean that they just they they are on a permanent trip. You know what I mean, that the drugs finally got to them and they had just done That's.
Speaker 3: What it's like, a parasite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what it feels like. Has has happened. And I just I you know, I'm in a weird spot because I'm not Jewish, but so many people think I am because of my nose, and I think I have some Ashganazi Jewish features because I have some Ashgarazi Jewish blood from my mom's dad has never raised Jewish and my mom was raised Roman Catholic. I'm Roman Catholic. But before and we'll see what happens under Musk, But before before Twitter cracked down on the box, people would say, I don't think I knew prior to the TV show how much like real anti Semitism was out there. But then when I first got on TV, there were a I don't know a dozen accounts that would just tweet images of me because they thought it was Jewish being put in a gas chamber, different Holocaust stuff. The people that like hated me the most. Now I don't know what those accounts do. Maybe they got kicked off, but they've been gone for years. So I was like, oh my god, there's like a lot of hate there that I didn't I'd never really experienced, knew about. And I also have a unique experience on not being a black person but seeing how much obvious discrimination and hate and things work against black folks just by virtue of my family, but on the most minor level, from how we're treated in a restaurant if I drop you guys at the door, and you guys are waiting get the table before me, and then I walk in to the most significant ones, like when your mom and I were first moving in together and I went and signed the lease for an apartment by myself, and then when she came to look at it and the manager showed it to us, they then refused to rent it to us, and the like just just blatant housing discrimination, clearly along racial lines. So I, like you, I ain't a lot of folks who aren't a part of either group don't know how much each group deals with And then what you see is that the groups then very often start to blame each other, and there's a lot of there's a lot of distrust and discrimination for other oppressed groups within oppressed groups, and this one are the two I guess oppressed groups that I have the closest connection to h And it just breaks my heart, breaks my heart. All right, let's have some fun. Now, let's play a game. Let's move on. Go ahead. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 2: Is it a new game?
Speaker 4: We are playing a new game. It is Halloween, so we have a costume contest. Yeah, Happy Halloween, by the way, Yeah, listeners, and look at that.
Speaker 3: I knew there was gonna be some graphic.
Speaker 2: Man, it's me you Kirk Cousins, Justin Fields. Who's the who's the person the pumpkin?
Speaker 3: Oh? That's is that Justin Fields?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: I mean, not Justin Fields, it's.
Speaker 2: Tua in the pumpkin? Okay, all right, good, all right. I didn't guess because I wasn't sure. Demonsa, you look great in that dress. Somebody send me that image. Please send me a screenshot of that.
Speaker 3: All right, go ahead.
Speaker 4: We saw a bunch of teams and players dress up yesterday. Time to see if you are in or out on their costumes and equals real deal out equals fake. Okay, all right, First off, we got tua is back from injury and looks great, passing for nearly four hundred yards. Yesterday, you were in on two of this season saying he wouldn't be the starter next year. This Halloween, Tua t I was.
Speaker 2: Not in on two of this season ye saying yeah, I was not in saying you wouldn't be the starter next year.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Yeah, yeah, Tua Tea was dressed up as the top ten quarterback in or out on his costume.
Speaker 2: I mean they're undefeated with him as the starter. He is playing really well. I listen, and I think that he is going to be the starter next year. I will give them credit. I will say I was wrong on that top ten quarterback. We're gonna have to are we gonna have to list the quarterbacks like has he been a top ten quarterback this year? Yes? Do I believe he is a top ten quarterback? No? And I gotta say my colleague Joy Taylor, and I think Ocho did it too, But I know Joy did it. Joy's mad. I think fake mad that Ocho is getting credit for saying something that she said first, and I'm here to tell him both neither one of y'all should want credit for this take, because you're gonna have to run from it into the hills. It's as crazy of a take as I've heard anyone give on our network in forever.
Speaker 3: It is it's the quarterback coach thing.
Speaker 2: No, it's that too is better than Justin Herbert, guys piped Guys, calm down because Herbert went right after two in the draft, and everyone's like, oh my god, the Dolphins screwed up by not drafting Herbert, and now they're like, oh, did we do it too early? It seems like you might believe too us better than Justin Herbert.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me tell you guys right now that take will not age.
Speaker 3: Well, well, we find that out like next year of the year after.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but Herbert is Herbert and Tua are not in the same tier of quarterback ability. I give to a credit. He's not going to get replaced this offseason the way I thought. But top ten quarterback is he right now? Is in the same bucket Gino Smith is, which is they have played like a top ten quarterback this year. They are not a top ten quarterback perpetually in my opinion. All right, next, all right.
Speaker 4: The twenty twenty one quarterback class, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Schrey Lance, Justin Fields, and Matt Jones was supposed to be a once in a generation class. Instead, they've been playing pretty bad across the board. But Justin Field seems to be turning it around. Justin Fields is dressed up as the best quarterback of the twenty twenty one class.
Speaker 2: In or out on this costume, I'm out?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's okay? Are we out? Are we out?
Speaker 4: Because Trevor Lawrence has a better costume one that can't be why.
Speaker 2: I still want to believe in Trevor Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Oh I mean Trey Lance.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the only one that he hasn't played and he got his ankle broke. Max stinks, Max stinks, Zach Wilson is lost, and Trey's been injured. Justin Field's I give him credit. He's with the top dog of the of his class, which is unbelievable because he was the one that was playing the worst. I mean, it's gone very quickly, but they're letting him run now more and we'll see when he gets real weapons and stuff. I still believe in Trevor. Here is my here's my Trevor defense. Because guys are supposed to take a jump between year one and year two. And it looked like he was saying the jump. He said, it's undeniable. We're a good team. And since then the lost five in a row, and he keeps throwing interceptions to lose games. We're gonna have to pretend like his rookie year under Urban Meyer never happened, so that would make this his rookie year. So next year's the jump. I still believe in them. You know what, stuff around for you. You know what last year, here's the deal. If you are selling your Trevor Lawrence stock right now at an all time low, I will buy it. I will buy the dip so is say send it over to me. I'll buy the Trevor Lawrence stock next.
Speaker 3: All right? Uh.
Speaker 4: Minnesota won a tough game against Kyler and the Cardinals, taking their record to six and one. They're basically a lock for the NFC North. Already, the Vikings are dressed up as a possible NFC one seed in er out on their costume.
Speaker 2: I gotta look at their schedule. Possible one seed, No, I'm out two tough schedule. They're at the Bills, they have a home game against the Cowboys. They're at the Packers and what will be a desperation game for the Packers. They still have played the Giants, they still play the Jets, and those aren't easy wins. I'm out that one's easy next, all right.
Speaker 4: Two former XFL stars PJ Walker and Taylor Henny Heney both had really impressive games Sunday. Heineke led a game winning drive and PJ Walker through a game tyme hil Mary that Pat Mahomes tweeted was the best throw of the year and not even close. PJ Walker and Taylor Heineke are just up as starting quarterbacks. Are you in or out on their costumes?
Speaker 2: Listen? I do I need to see more from PJ. I've always thought Taylor's fine. They they are. They are right on the border of excellent backup terrible starter. Okay, you know what I mean. Like so the do I think that they can If they're your backup and they have to start a few games for you, you feel fine if they if you go into the season like Taylor Heineke's my starting quarterback, You're like, oh, we're screw So they are. I guess I'm out on them as starting quarterbacks. But if they have to start for you, you're okay, does that make you know? If you can't your plan can't be this guy is gonna be my start. But in PJ Walker, Listen, PJ didn't make an amazing throw. He also made some terrible decisions in that game, So like, yeah, they are great backup quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Next Jeeves, you just that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: All right, So congrats thanks to the intervention on this show, you didn't lose money on the Jags. This week, the Broncos took care of business in London and save Natt Hackett from needing to swim back to America. Nick dressed up as a responsible gambler for Halloween. How do you like your costume?
Speaker 2: I liked it a lot, won a lot of money, had a great weekend gambling. Hit the We're not going to get into the details of it on the show, okay, but our Thursday night, uh triple Luca bet, Yeah, hit hit It again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's probably on Hit.
Speaker 2: It again on Saturday. And by the way, that one, uh Demonday, and I bet Luca to get a triple level. That's I guess we can talk about it right there.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: And we watched him do it on Thursday in person and Saturday he had nine assists and they were up fifteen in the fourth and they blew the lead and it went to overtime and he got the triple level in overtime. It was insane. Now they lost the game, which was horrifying. But I was in such a weird spot because Luca had a game winning shot that I wanted him to miss, so it went to overtime so I could hit this all that and he did miss it. All right, let's read some listener questions that by the way, Luca how much he hates the rats.
Speaker 3: Hilarious.
Speaker 2: He's the best, He is the best. Go ahead, all.
Speaker 4: Right, So our first question from the fans here we got Patrino says, Monte looks like he is dressing up as John Stocked and on vacation.
Speaker 3: Those shorts are shorts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's listen, guys, when you're hitting five leg parlays on Sunday, you can wear whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, is just making rules.
Speaker 3: Let's get it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean he should be wearing swim trunks. These are shorts, swim trunks.
Speaker 3: And these are they're climbing shorts. Actually they've got a little thing on.
Speaker 2: A caribbean or on them.
Speaker 3: Exactly, I could get something.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna climb? What? And what do you mean they're climbing shorts because they've got the thing. I don't think that's just for like, I don't think your climb mountains in shorts.
Speaker 4: Next, Pete, ask if the Steelers land in the top three of the draft they go quarterback again, like like Cardinals did with Kyler Kyler Murray, Oh, I.
Speaker 2: Think you probably have to. I think you Maybe they don't, maybe they trade out of it. Let's see, how can he Pickett plays? That's a great question, See how picket because maybe because the series needs a lot of stuff, maybe they can. What he's talking about is the Cardinals drafted Josh Rose in tenth or eleventh the very nextra number one pick, and drafted Kyler and just gone, yeah, see if you but you could get a bounty in this year's quarterback draft for that one of those top three picks. So that's an you know what, I gotta think more about it that, I gotta watch pick it more before you make that determination.
Speaker 4: Next question, Pete Juice was Juicy Beatsko. He makes it every single time.
Speaker 2: We love we love this.
Speaker 4: Juicy Beatsco guy Juicy Beatsco asked, well Geno Smith continued to perform like a top ranked quarterback all season.
Speaker 3: What are the Seahawks' chances to win the division? Gino's chances to win.
Speaker 2: The MVP, but Gino's not gonna win MVP. They have a I'd say a thirty percent chance to win the division. I would say sixty five percent, San Francisco thirty percent, Seattle five percent. The other two teams the am I Arizona and the Rams or the other. So that's first of all. Uh, And I think Gino's gonna keep playing well. I don't he's gonna win MVP, but I think he's gonna keep playing well, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, so man, uh our our pr fIF five one two one ass thoughts on the World Series.
Speaker 2: That's in tomorrow's show. Next last one, man talking about okay, Matt asked, what are you dressing up for?
Speaker 3: Dressing up? Pass for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Alright, not dressing up for Alloween. I addressed up for the Halloween party at my house. I was Count Dooku from Star Wars. Uh, the thing they ripped off, you know, based on me. And I'm not dressing up.
Speaker 4: I'm dressing up as Kyler Murray tonight, are you really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have a jersey?
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna play Call of Duty with the hand set on.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's you know what?
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: We're gonna end the show with that joke. That's a solid six out of ten on the joke Mater. We're in there. We'll see you guys Thursday.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: Oh that's me and the Shine. Give me a break. All right, we'll be We'll see you guys on Thursday. Hope you enjoyed today's show. What's right?
Speaker 3: Yeah,