Speaker 1: Hi everybody.
Speaker 2: Hi Scott, Which Scott, that's the that's the question here? Back am I backup Scott and my other Scott am I Newman's.
Speaker 1: It's other Scott, it's Newman. It's it's the promised bull Chat episode that's finally happening.
Speaker 2: Yay, yay. It only took a month to make it happen. That's great exactly.
Speaker 1: So Scott's not here, he's enjoying a nice vacation. Primary scotts Yeah a host. Yes, Scott Scott someplace, Yes, he's someplace right now. So we're finally making this bull chat happen. And so Newman is stepping in to play Scott's role.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for having me, Andrew. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm happy to have you back now.
Speaker 2: Instead of a normal rambling bull chat that goes absolutely nowhere, I wrote questions down for you. Can we do that today?
Speaker 1: I love that. I think that'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Have you ever watched Inside the Actors Studio with James Lie Yes?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, with the host. I feel like you have like the same like beard mustache thing going on.
Speaker 2: Well is because I'm going the Santa Trading next month? No way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shut up.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell you about this. I guess I didn't know. When we took my daughter to the mall Santa that we see every single year for the last ten years in December, he took me aside and said, have you ever considered being a professional Santa? And I said no. He said, well, I run a Santa agency and why don't you take my information and we'll talk in January. So I followed up with him and it turns out that he has this Santa Talent agency. He has six hundred and eighty seven Santas underneath him. What Yeah, and he, you know, is like a regular talent agent. He books gigs for you, he has the insurance, he does all the training and all that. So I talked to him, and I'm a little bit on the fence. I don't I don't want to be a mall Santa. That doesn't happen. I have no interest in that. But the idea of possible doing it for charity or hospital or corporate gigs, that sounds pretty interesting. The stipulation on his agency is you must be natural bearded. That's the wording on there. You can't have your glut on beard. No fake sies. Okay, So in January I started growing it and it's about an inch long. Now I don't know this is something I want to continue with.
Speaker 1: Is your face extremely itchy?
Speaker 2: It was very itchy for a very long time. Now I'm just looking ragged. But I was upfront with him and said, look, Larry, I'm not sure that's his name, Larry Santa Larry, I said, I'm not sure this is the right time in my life for wanting to do this. And you can see it on the video here. My beard is very gray. I'm the same age as as regular Scottie, but look how much older I look because of it. And I saw you emailed him and said, look, I'm not really sure. Do you still want me to come to training. Training is free for people who are going to work for him, as long as you sign with him, And he said, yeah, you should definitely come see what it's all about. You know, if this isn't the right time, that's okay. So I'm going next month on my birthday, May eighteenth, to Santa training for two days and I will report back with you. We'll have another bowl chat then and I'll tell you all about what you learned at Santa training because this is weird and different, right.
Speaker 1: I know, that's so exciting. It's like you're playing your up for a part, and I'm really rooting for you on this one. I didn't know Santa training was the thing. I mean, I guess it has to be like, yeah, you just have random people playing Santa running around.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. You need to you know how you need to have I guess the backstore. You need to know what to do when kids pee on your lap, you need to Yeah exactly. It doesn't sound awesome, but I'm very interested to find out about it because who else has done this? So that's enough about that one. That's the beard you were saying, I look like James Lipton because of the beard, because of the glasses. Yes, I wrote down ten questions. Now these are not your standard inside the actors studio questions. Those would be like what's your favorite curse word? And you know, things like that. But I wrote down five questions that are a specifically about cereal. But this is not like Scotty b. This isn't going to be like Andrew such a deck, he doesn't know anything about cereal. This is this is specifically about your experience on serial killers with cereal. This is not a knowledge question. Then the other five. I put myself in the part of the person who listens each week, and I have questions. I've got questions for Andrew. I'm excited. This is fine, and this is I think. I think the listeners are going to be craving this kind of information. You know, it's like your backstory, how did you get here kind of stuff. Nothing's too personal.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, no, I think it's great.
Speaker 2: So I thought we'd start off with a really softball serial related question and I want to know and there is no right or wrong answer to this one. I have a couple knowledge questions later, but I want to know what is your favorite dial of breakfast cereal? And I've got four categories that I was able to find, and it was flakes, rounds, puffed, or granola. So that seems like four kind of general buckets of cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so I love fruit loops and I love Apple Jackson. Those are rings.
Speaker 2: I guess those are rounds. I'm not really sure. They're definitely not flakes.
Speaker 1: We know that Scotty is definitely in his car hitting the cereal wheel right now, like those are golas. But I'm gonna say I like rings, but then I also like puffs because like Rice Krispy Treat cereal was all puffs and that's like literally my favorite cereal of all time. Oh, so I'm gonna say rounds and puffs you.
Speaker 2: Could have too. It's totally fine because there's no right or wrong here. I'm diabetic. I've mentioned this to you before, so I can't really eat cereal anymore. The only stuff I could probably eat are the Keto ones that you and Scotty absolutely hate.
Speaker 1: And it's not a good time.
Speaker 2: I'm curious if well, I don't know how to phrase this, Okay, since I can't have cereal, it's kind of like I really can't have pizza. So the pizza that I can have, like with a cauliflower crust or on a super thin one, it is not as good as regular pizza. What it's the best I can do, So I'll say it's pretty good. And I'm wondering if I feel the same way about your Keto cereals and your magic spoons and stuff. Like, no, it's not fruit loops, but if it's all you can have, it ain't bad. That's what I'm wondering, or if it's just gross.
Speaker 1: No, it's just gross. It's so bad. Like I love cauliflower pizza personally, like I have collipower pizzas in my fridge right now. Those are good. Keto cereal is not good. I have never had a good keto cereal, never had a good experience with it, because it all has the what is this this sugar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't like stevia. You don't like monk fruit. I like both of those.
Speaker 1: Maybe i'd like monkfruit by itself, but.
Speaker 2: I think monk fruit is great. I do agree Stevia can be extremely bitter if you get too much of it, and it's got a weird aftertaste. But it's all gonna kill me. But the question is is the artificial sugar gonna kill me? Or is the diabet he's gonna kill me? Or is it gonna be the heart disease from all the extra meat I eat? So well, well, you know, we'll see. I would like to be honest serial killers when you do keto, because I want to. I want to represent the person that this is all you can eat, and I will tell you if it's if it's good enough or if it's just gross because I listen to lots, lots and lots of podcasts and these other hosts talk about Magic Spoon like God himself handed it down from the clouds or something, and.
Speaker 1: I don't know who told them that that was like a thing. Okay, it is not good. It is bad. I just I can't do it. And Magic Spoon, I remember there was one that wasn't so bad for the most part. It is not a good time.
Speaker 2: Today's episode not brought to you by Magic.
Speaker 1: Spoon, actually by no one because you still have no sponsors.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, So now I'm on a backstory question from you. Okay, you talk a lot about studying in Miami. I'm assuming you went to the University of Miami. Is that right?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, when was that?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I went to three different colleges.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I started off at Drew. I spent a year at Drew University. It's like a small liberal arts college in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Then I went to Mammath University, which is like an average size, like medium in a communications program. I went there for a year and then I transferred out to Miami and I finished up my education there and it took me like a year and a half because I graduated early, so that was between two thousand and nine to twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Good Lord, Andrew. Yeah, I was busy being thirty at the time. But from the University of Miami, from the three schools from your educational path, how did you get to Z one hundred, Well, I don't take me for that journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I interned in the sales department. I was originally a sales intern because my dad was a client of clear Channel at the time, so that's how I got my in, and I pretty much took whatever things were going on, so like I was a sales intern, but then I was also like, hey, if there's anything with radio shows, So then I started working for like the different New York Cluster stations. So I did like afternoon ships with KTU. I did a night show over at Q one oh four. I never even really touched D one hundred because it was like so far out of the way because they were always looking for interns, ok. And then my sophomore year I went back and worked for the night DJs at Z one hundred, and Z one hundred is the one that like kind of hosts Elvis Durand in the Morning Show, which is the show that I work on, so I was kind of adjacent to it. So I did a ton of internships there, spent my whole summer there, and then the final semester junior year, going into senior year of college, I wound up working with Elvis's publicist directly, and then I graduated early and it just so happened his old assistant was leaving at the time, Elizabeth to get an operations manager role that I'm currently in now that I just I got promoted to. Wow, So it just was an opening and yeah, I just took it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how did you meet Scotty?
Speaker 1: Scotty has worked for the show for over twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I think I knew that. Now. I'm going to be completely honest with you. I never even heard of Elvis Duran before Serial Killers. I'm not, but I'm from New England. I was born in Connecticut. I lived there until nineteen ninety eight. But I never heard I've never heard of it. But other people who are from New York proper, they seem to know him, and you know Revere him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean maybe it's the Extreme Coupine episode two, but yeah, so he he's worked there for so long and that's that's how he met once I finally was actually hired in.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you guys are co workers? How do you arrive at let's have a serial podcast? Tell me how that happened.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've sat with Scotty for so many years in his studio. We literally wor to like arms length apart from each other, okay, and then from there we just were kind of talking about podcasting and we were figuring out something to do, and it was just kind of we came to that point where.
Speaker 2: Now was this the kind of thing where you guys are both independently sitting there eating cereal, munching on cereal, and you're like, hey, I like cereal too. How did that happen?
Speaker 1: Yes, Scotty always has been I don't want to say yeah, he has. He has been a hoarder for a very long time. So he would have tons of breakfast cereal and he'd bring it in for everybody else to try. And then he kind of just came to the conclusion of why don't we just rate cereal on a podcast? It was like that simple, and then we started I think literally like the day after we came up with the idea.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, yeah, easy enough, and the rest is history. Yeah, the rice is history. Another softball question for you, I think you've already told me the answer to this. What I wrote down was what is your favorite breakfast cereal? If I heard you, you said it was Rice Crispies.
Speaker 1: Yes, or berry Berry Kicks. The two of those, hands down my favorites.
Speaker 2: Now those are very different sereals though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like Rice Krispy Treat Cereal for me is like a I feel like a taste of nostalgia. It just reminds me of like going to school as a kid and berry Berry Kicks, Like mm, always, always, in forever, I've always loved that cereal.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you pour a bowl of Rice Crispies, are you adding anything to it? Sugar?
Speaker 1: Sweetheir bananas? That's like my mom's was like her trademark thing. You'd always get rice Crispy and banana and I effing love to that cereal. But Rice Krispy Treat Cereal, the one in the purple box where it was all clumped together. M hands down so good.
Speaker 2: When I was growing up, my sister was diabetic from you know, juvenile diabetes, like since she was born. We never had She's sugar cereal in the house. Never. I never had anything with sugar in it like that until I went to college and was able to buy my own cereal. So no fruit loops, no frosted flakes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I remember being very curious about sugared cereal and I tried putting chocolate milk and kicks, and it was disgusting. Don't do that. It's horrible.
Speaker 1: Someone that put water inside of their cereal ones I can. I can just imagine chocol milk would make it too creamy or I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was just gross. It's absolutely disgusting. I would put artificial sweetener on my cereal when I die. They're gonna embalm my body and do it for tests on the long term effects of artificial sugar, but I would do I liked rice crispies, and I like cheerios, and I would always put bananas in those, or strawberries or blueberries or something. But I can't eat it without sweetener. I do not like the flavor of like I don't know what you want to call it orthodox regular old plain rice crispies. It does not taste good to me.
Speaker 1: So you put sugar inside of your cereal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, or a sweetener, yes, I like I sweeten the milk basically, huh. And that's the way I've always liked it. And I said, you know, I got to try the sugar cereals when I went to college. I've never been a huge fan because I never grew up with it. It's just whatever. They don't taste so bad, don't get don't get me wrong, like frosted flakes. Sure, that's that's good. I think because I had two choices growing up, you either a oatmeal or cold cereal. And now I'm I'd rather have eggs and meat for breakfast. I even if I was a diabetic, I don't think i'd be eating cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I feel like cereal is more on the go thing, and sometimes we get like there are some cereals that I save with Scott that I go back for. But for the most part, yeah, I like eggs. It actually like sustains me for the full day. Yeah, totally lunchtime.
Speaker 2: The second part of my question was going to be what is your least favorite cereal? That's not really a fair question because in your role as a cereal writer, you try lots and lots of absolutely horrible stuff. So I'm going to change the question slightly and I'm gonna say, of cereals that are very popular, what is your least favorite? Like what would what would you tell somebody in They're like, really you don't like that? What would it be?
Speaker 1: I don't get the hype around the pebble cereals. I don't get it. It just becomes mush and then at that point it's almost like I'm eating like like a pebbles oatmeal, like it's soupy, and I don't really get it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've never had any kind of those Pebbles cereals. I have had grape nuts, and I actually like grape nuts.
Speaker 1: I love grape nuts. Grape nuts are great, but.
Speaker 2: Man, it feels like you're chewing on rocks. Like I understand that it's a taste not everybody has. I actually like it quite a bit, though I don't eat anymore. It's extremely calorie and carb dense, so there's no chance like oh my gosh, yeah, if you look at the serving size on grape nuts. It's tiny, and.
Speaker 1: I feel like they advertise it as such a healthy cereal.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not saying it's not healthy, but if you're doing like a calorie restricted diet, you can only eat like a quarter cup of it, or maybe it's a third cup. Is the serving. You don't pour yourself a big mountain of it, otherwise you're eating all your calories for the day.
Speaker 1: But damn, I didn't know was that dense? Who am grape nuts?
Speaker 2: It is? Okay, My next question I've already kind of asked it of how did you know? I said, how did you meet Scotty Be? I'm going to change the question slightly on the fly here, m what did you first think of Scotty? Like, what was your initial impression when you were a young I guess intern at the time.
Speaker 1: Scotty is a hard nut to crack. I feel like he kind of I don't want to say he's avoidant of interns, but it was kind of one of those where its like there's so many of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they come and they go. I can imagine stay.
Speaker 1: In my lane, you stay in your lane type of deal. Okay, So then when I started working there. It kind of took a while to like crack him open to Like I had to get the pass to be able to sit in his studio. You couldn't just like encroach his space. He doesn't like that.
Speaker 2: Ooh, okay, he's.
Speaker 1: Like a cat like you. Really, he's got to warm up to you in a way, okay, and then once he does, he's like acause is that how it works? Yeah, you gotta like give him like treats, make him feel nice, and then he like warms up to you.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, were you actively trying to oh, yeah, like like, oh, I really would I like this guy. I would like him to like me. I understand this is going to take some time. Was that Was that a conscious effort on your part?
Speaker 1: I pretty much do that anyway. Just it's my personality. I don't like not being liked, so I will well.
Speaker 2: You are like I could see you just you know, being able to just strike up a conversation with just about anyone.
Speaker 1: Yes and no, I feel like from the most part, I so there are times when I'm like, ugh, it just takes so much of my mental energy to have conversations. I hope I can keep a brief.
Speaker 2: Right well, I wouldn't. I would not suggest that you suffer fools lightly, Like, I don't think you're just You're not going to be that old guy in the grocery store that's just chatting up anybody. Oh yeah, if you were having a conversation with someone, I could see it being very easy. Even from the first time you and I talked, it was a very easy conversation.
Speaker 1: Super easy. So Scotty, I tried, But you need like the blessing from him first. He's got to know that, like you're you're good, you're staying around, and then he'll he'll chat it up.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, to be fair, if I ever get the opportunity to do this with Scotty, I will ask him the same questions of you. So I guess turn around his fair play at that.
Speaker 1: Point, right, Oh yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And it's not like you said anything super negative.
Speaker 1: No, like I said, that's just Scotti. That's that's always how he's been. Anytime we get interns or anything, he's always kind of like they're not going to be here for long.
Speaker 2: And you're like, okay, so well, what advice would you give an intern right now to get Scotty to warm up to you would be like mention, uh, ceda rabbits Iowa or.
Speaker 1: Something mentioned Ceda rapids, but mention you're a fan of the podcast. I'll probably love you for that. And then also just make sure you get him a dunk in with five milks milks and two sugars. That's it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that sounds absolutely horrible.
Speaker 1: It's the five and two and he makes it a point to do like a five and two. He does like this hand thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll make sure make sure to remember that when I see you guys in personally, get him a five and two.
Speaker 1: And there are times too when I forget and I mix it up. And then when he eat drinks like one that has five sugars two milks, he like spits it out in front of me like comically, like he'll almost be like like a spit take. Yes, you're like, this is dramatic, sir, Like we can calm it down a little bit.
Speaker 2: And the award for Best Reaction of a mistaken coffee goes to Scotty. B Okay, do you know how many cereals you have rated without looking it up?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say it's eight hundred seventy. Okay, No, you're in the ballpark.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it's nine hundred fifteen. It's lower, okay, eight hundred sixty five.
Speaker 2: You personally on the show have rated eight hundred and thirty four cereals. Yeah. Now, if you go to Cerial Killers PC and you go to the cereals tab, it will tell you how many cereals have been rated. That doesn't Andrew hasn't been on every single episode.
Speaker 1: Most God even makes it a point to say that.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, exactly, you're not committed to the to the part. I get that. So it's probably somewhere closer to nine hundred. I don't have it up right now, but you you personally have rated eight hundred and thirty four. The follow up on that is, do you know how many five bowlers you have awarded? Of those eight hundred and thirty.
Speaker 1: Four, I'd say at least twenty five.
Speaker 2: Way higher, dude, fifty ninety seven?
Speaker 1: Okay, and how many is Scott?
Speaker 2: I can pull that up real quick. It is way way lower.
Speaker 1: I wander For me, I feel like, but I'm more consistent than Scott is. I'll say, because there are times if like I'm eating like a new variety of fruit loops. I know I gave it five bowls because it's like one of my fat so I give like megafruit loops like a five bowl, I give like some variations of it all five balls.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just pulled it up. Thank you for stalling for time there. If you go to Serial Killers PC and you go to an episode tab at the bottom, we have three usually three. If you you know, we have a box for each cereal that you've rated. It's a little known feature. It's an insider tip that you can click on any of the reviewer names and you can see a whole list of the average ratings for each reviewer. Now, Andrew's average rating is three point one, which I think is pretty good. That means to be not super nerdy with stats, but you know it's it's pretty evenly distributed, Like your average is an average cereal and your standard deviation is one point five.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: We won't even get into it. But Scotty's average rating is three point zero and the number of five bowlers he he has awarded is thirty five, So that's a third of what now He's probably in his car right now saying, well, that's because Andrew, you know, gives way to you know, he just gives away the five Bowlers like it's nothing. I hold it like it's special. You know. So if you if you divided it, eleven point six percent of all the cereals you've rated have been five bowlers. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: So like over ten percent of the serials, I would say.
Speaker 2: That you you give out the five bowl awards with glee. You are not stingy with them like Scott is. Okay. You could also say that you're easily pleased.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the second one because yeah, if it's yeah, it's got to be the right amount of sweetness and like a frosted flakes of fruit loops and applejacks, they all hit it right.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to know. All right, A non serial question for you, okay, and this is this is this is on the deeper side, so be ready for it. All right?
Speaker 1: Oh boy?
Speaker 2: All right, imagine you are attending your own funeral, however that would work out, even don't even know, and the eulogy described everything that you hoped your life would be. What did they say in that eulogy about you, like, so, what are these high points that at the end of your life, your life was considered a success, Like, Yeah, what kind of things would you want to hear about yourself that would really please you?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I never really actually thought of this one. I would hope people would know that I was really nice and inspire them to be nice to others, and that they passed along kindness whenever somebody needed, just like a nice little pick me up. That's kind of what I live.
Speaker 2: So you're like a force of positivity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think for the most part, yes, And I just I just want people to be happy. And I sometimes go to like extreme lengths, like I said before, like trying to make Scott warm up to me. You're a pleaser, y, Yes, And so I hope I'm making someone else smile. It encourages them to try and like make others smiles. So that's what I would say.
Speaker 2: Now, I've never met you in person, but I've listened to you on lots and lots of episodes. You seem like the kind of person and this is you know, objection leading the witness. But if if you were walking out of the little corner store you're getting. I'm painting a word picture here. You're picking up milk for the show, right, and right in front of you, a woman trips and her purse dumps all over the sidewalk. I could see you stopping and helping that woman scoop up her stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that actually has happened before. So yeah, it has sen's me to a t I guess do.
Speaker 2: You think Scotty would do that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think he would absolutely. If anything, he'd probably be like, why do you have all this stuff in your purse? Of course you drop it, stupid dick, but like reluctantly. But he still would. I know he would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are both good people. I could see that. I what's the matter?
Speaker 1: No, oh say oh thank you?
Speaker 2: Oh okay? Oh I thought something was wrong. And then the whole whole episode was going down the tubes and Scott was like, I knew it was going to happen. I told you this is going to be a dumpster fire of epic proportion.
Speaker 1: Oh. I can't wait for his text message.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, what brand of cereal is your favorite? Now? I have to warn you. I know from statistics what brand of cereal is your favorite? I want to see if your ratings and what your mental picture are are aligned. So what do you think? What if all other things being equal, just what is your favorite brand? Do you think?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let me think, Let me think, Let me think, let me think. Huh. I feel like it's going to be General Mills.
Speaker 2: It's actually Kellogg's if you're just going strictly on what cereals you rate the highest.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just looked at the waffle Chris I have and it's posts So okay, So here's a here's a follow up question that I'm sure against Scotty would be hitting a steering wheel, for.
Speaker 2: That's a given at this point.
Speaker 1: Sure, so Kellogg's does Special K, But what other ones? Like? What are some big ones in there?
Speaker 2: Oh? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Special K. Like, that's that is the Let's let's pull it up here. I'm googling kell cereals as plugs cereals. Now you're probably gonna see a few of these and be like, oh, well, of.
Speaker 1: Course, well cheerios corn flakes, I love them.
Speaker 2: That's General Mills. Stupid Google.
Speaker 1: Frosted flakes, corn pops, fruit loops, apple jacks, like basically everything I've been saying this whole episode, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that makes sense. So it checks out, you'd say.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did not look to see what favorite Scotti's is. We'll have to have that on a separate episode and figure out if I had to export it and do it and Excel and filter and all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, See that is impressive because it's like I am trying to learn Excel. I struggle with Excel, I struggle with Google sheets. Math was never my strong suit. So like, God, bless you for being able to do that with those things, because I don't get it.
Speaker 2: What year were you born?
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety one?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I would say you were you were around ten years old? D well, yeah, ten years old during the like the first dot com bubbles, so you don't remember it. I started my first job out of college in ninety eight, and you know, it was around two thousand or so, is you know when this whole thing happened. I used to work at a company. I was the webmaster and we also it was like an umbrella company. We had a training company, we had a staffing company, we had you know this, we had that, and every time we downsized, it was like I picked up another job. And one of those jobs was I was the Excel trainer because as part of the staff and company we also had a training company. We could teach those people that we were going to staff and we could say, oh, yeah, they've been through our training well when they had to lay off the Excel instructor, all of a sudden one day it was hey, by the way, this is your new job. You've got a class next week. Good luck. So I was an Excel trainer for a while. Not the easiest program in the world to use, especially if you're kind of like, screw this, I don't even want to learn this. If you need to learn it, you'll probably figure it out. You'll probably end up where you want to be. So yeah, there's you know, I could export all this stuff. If we had done the spoonies this year, I could have provided all of that. But should have what it could.
Speaker 1: I right, yeah, next time, next, okay, next.
Speaker 2: Time we'll do we'll do it like a two year it'll be a biennial celebration of Cereal who knows.
Speaker 1: You know, last year, it's just the funds post COVID. You know, the academy didn't have it so exactly.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Okay, another one of those deep thought questions. Are you ready for it? An estranged relative dies and leaves you enough money that you are now independently wealthy and you never have to worry about money again. You don't have to work, but you could choose to. What would you start doing with your life?
Speaker 1: Okay, So, like I've thought about this, I would probably keep my job because it's like I don't know, even during COVID, like I don't do well working at.
Speaker 2: Home at home.
Speaker 1: Good lord, I thought I would like working at home too, And it's just I can't be productive if, like I'm not kept to a schedule. There are times when I go through short bursts where I'm like, I will get everything done and I can work from home, and I'm very productive. Okay, Like I now have a desk at this office that we're now working at, so I get all my it's a huge upgrade.
Speaker 2: Card table for Andrews.
Speaker 1: Okay, arms length away from me. I have my own like little thing going on, and I personally work better in an office setting. I I'll say, I don't like the hours. Working up at four thirty is not fine, Okay, So maybe I would just come in a little bit later every day and have it maybe a car drive me in, because I'd have enough money to say if that's right, that's right exactly.
Speaker 2: Commuting would not be an issue anymore. Yeah, you wouldn't be a Trenscotti for rides home.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. I mean he doesn't anymore either, because it's so much further away than the old studio was. But you know, yeah, I think i'd probably keep most things the same and just put a lot of it into savings.
Speaker 2: You know. I remember being a young, impressionable child and my dad was a traveling salesman and his boss happened to be at our house. They would drop in from time to time, you know, as paths crossed and stuff. And I remember having this conversation and my dad said, yeah, if I won the lottery, i'd keep my job. And my dad's boss said, I would fire you right away. And he said why. He said, because anytime I told you to do something you didn't want to do, you would tell me to piss off. Anyway, So that's probably the case. I like the idea of yeah, Bob, probably keep my job. I don't know. I don't know after a couple of years. Okay, let let's change it up just a little bit. You're not allowed to work for who knows whatever reason. Now what do you do?
Speaker 1: Oh? Travel, without a doubt? Travel?
Speaker 2: Where would you go? Where's the first place you would travel to?
Speaker 1: There's so many places I want to go to and go.
Speaker 2: Nothing about family. Yeah, family might be listening, of course, Yes, yes, we're gonna visit family. Blah blah blah. I mean solo travel? Where would you go?
Speaker 1: See? Like solo travel, like I kind of want to go with somebody. I would not be a good solo travel Oh.
Speaker 2: I would be the worst. You would not want me anywhere near a solo travel I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: It's funny when I listened to you guys movies, because I'm a little bit like more like Scottie, Like i'd like the thing. I like to be in circumstances where I I know the lay of the land, so to speak, Like I don't want I'm not the kind of guy like, oh, how about a flight to Australia when I land, or not even Australia because that one at least they speak our language, you know, Beijing. No, I'm not gonna figure it out. Uh uh, I'm not even gonna get off the plane. You're gonna have to drag me off the plane. I can see you being more adventurous than me for to that.
Speaker 1: So for me, I enjoy kind of getting thrown into situations like that because yeah, like and for me, I was an assistant for like nine years, so I had to deal with a lot of those like planning details. So usually with my friend group, I'm always the one planning everything like okay, and so when I go on vacations, it's like I can plan everything down to like I'll give you an itinerary whatever you need. But I kind of like the spontaneity of just like figuring out as I go along. So yeah, I don't really it doesn't like deter me from wanting to do something. It's just the whole solo travel, Like I feel the best part of traveling is going with somebody and kind of experiencing it with somebody. Now, I don't want to go by myself. However, if I do have enough money. I do have a private plane, so that will be nice.
Speaker 2: That would be nice. You could probably hire some sort of fixer type person too that you land and they just meet you, and I'd say, take me, take me to the places that you like, take me off the beaten path, but don't ever leave my side. Yeah, you know exactly, like you're dude, You're going to the bathroom and the same time as me, because I'm not figuring this out without you. I'm not reading pictograms on the wall, you know exactly. That would be fun, but just the kind of like get there and see what happens. Uh uh. Not a chance on earth you could get me to go.
Speaker 1: I did do that with when I went to Japan. I did do that when I went to New Zealand. There were a couple of times and I met up with friends. But yeah, it was kind of like a things are loosely planned, but we'll figure it out type of deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, So one of my hobbies is watching other people do things on YouTube. Two things right now. One of them is people camping. I don't want to go camping. I'll watch you go camping and YouTube. No, I'm not really a rough it kind of like rough It for me is like slow wi Fi. I don't.
Speaker 1: Aren't you in Colorado? Isn't that like the camping capital of like the world?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably, But I got a nice house and I don't need to leave it, but watch it somehow in my YouTube feed, you know how like things just show up and you're like, how did this happen? Uh? People in Korea camping has shown up in my feed, and I'm like, hey, well you know, and it's you know, the title will be something like solo camping with my dog and heavy snow ASMR. And I love what you would call like bad weather, inclement weather. I'm not really into sunny days. I like rain, I like wind, I like snow. So watching other people camp in that.
Speaker 1: I love it. So you like watching people like rough It?
Speaker 2: I do, but I don't want to do it myself. That's my new my watch alone. Yeah, it's usually like I, oh, you mean the show? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you don't watch those shows, like you know, I have a.
Speaker 2: Very short attention span. So YouTube works well for me because it's in the ten to twenty minute range, you know, like Okay, yeah, I don't want to commit to a show or a mo like my wife cannot get me to watch movies because it's two hours. My mind has wandered. Way, unless it's a Christmas movie, then I'm in Okay, all right. So if we answered the question about what you would do, you you know you would work, maybe you would travel. Potentially, you would travel more. I see you as the kind of person that would go to like Bali or you know, Indonesia or something like that, something really adventurous.
Speaker 1: I really love Jackson Hawaioming. I would definitely buy a house there in two seconds.
Speaker 2: Okay. So when this is strange relative dies and you buy that house, please invite me. I'll do all the cooking.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I love that for me. Okay, yeah, I love the cooking.
Speaker 2: I'm a homebody. I'll have meals that will you know. You tell me what you want, I will make it.
Speaker 1: Oh. If I hit the jackpot, for sure, I'm getting a house in Jackson Hall. That's always been my dream.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, just lots of traveling.
Speaker 2: Very cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ob a yacht trip because those seemed fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on to the last serial question. Okay, this is I took that same export and I took all the name. Now, we don't have it broken out on serial killers. What the ingredients of cereal are, like, oh, this is a cinnamon, this is a corn, this is a you know whatever. That would be very cool, But the amount of work somebody would have to go through and you know, say that each this cereal has this ingredients. So we don't have anything like that. But what I did was I took the list of all of your five bowl cereals and I put them into a word cloud generator. So just the stuff, the words that happened to show up the most are bigger, and I just you know, it's kind of like looking at the frequency of words. Do you know what flavor is most common in your five bowls ratings? And I actually have multiple choice for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is one of these, Okay, okay, good.
Speaker 2: It's either peanut, berry, cinnamon, or waffle. What do you think the most common word in your five bowl cereal.
Speaker 1: Set is probably waffle?
Speaker 2: Now I thought it was going to be that too, because anytime maple or waffle comes up, you seem to be all about it.
Speaker 1: I thing love it. It's berry, yes, okay, okay, that makes sense because I do like granola's with berries. Do you like special kflakes with berries? All those things? There's certain ones that I don't. Obviously, I don't like dehydrated fruits.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Don't give me one of those. But for the most part, yeah, I could see that berry you.
Speaker 2: No, I don't mind dehydrated fruit when it is berry like those little time a little shriveled up berries, because they seem to hydrate very quickly. That's not your thing.
Speaker 1: I just a taste, and I've said this a million times, it tastes seltzery like. I don't like the taste of it rehydrating while you're eating it.
Speaker 2: It's almost like effervescent, like pop rocks in your mouth or something.
Speaker 1: I hate that. But I do love like mango like jerky, all the fruit jerkys. I could do, Like you could dehydrate things, but just I don't want that in a cereal like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I would say that fruit jerky has more of a like a gummy kind of texture. I like it. I like the flavor. Unfortunately I can't eat it. It's incredibly sugar dense. When you do that. I mean, that's all kind of all your leavings, like pectin and sugar is all that's left. But I do like dehydrated strawberries. The problem with those is they're extremely expensive. Yeah, if you buy a like a six dollars bag of dehydrated strawberries, you're not getting a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like dehydrated strawberries. The whole dehydrated thing just reminds me of space food is like a kid that you would get at like the grocery store, like those novelty things like the dehydrated ice cream.
Speaker 2: Did you ever go to the Air and Space Museum in Washington and get the astronaut ice cream?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: That was like a rite of passage for like probably middle school or something for us, and funny enough, at least funny to me. When I started working for National Geographic, they're based out of DC. So the first time I went, I was there for like two weeks or something, and I was traveling. I lived in Tampa at the time, so I traveled up to DC for two weeks, so I had a lot of time to myself, and I stayed over the weekend, which was not something I normally did. Once I, you know, was established in the job, I would come on Monday. I would leave on Friday, So I went to the Air and Space Museum. The first thing I did was went to the gift shop and bought astronaut ice cream because I hadn't had it in like, I don't know, thirty years or twenty five years or something. Not nearly as good as your memory. You know that there are things sometimes that you should just leave your happy memory because the reality of it is not going to match up.
Speaker 1: It's just not good. It's not good at all.
Speaker 2: It is it is fun that it has a texture that kind of melts, like yeah, just kind of like dissolves in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is shocky, but it's not good at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, my last question for you. If you could spend a week in any period of history we're talking time travel here, what period would you travel to? Should I play the Jeopardy music like you're you're really thinking about nothing is standing out to you then, as oh, of course I would go to I don't know, colonial times or.
Speaker 1: Oh god no, everyone smells absolutely no, not medieval times too. I want to go to a time period where people at least use the yodorant.
Speaker 2: Please something well when it comes to something like that, like hygiene, like you. I guess maybe even the sixties would be very different from now.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, okay, well maybe huh like Pioneer time seem fun like early the.
Speaker 2: Whole hygiene and bathing problem, but sure, sure, let's just put that part on a shelf. Let's not think about hygiene and worry about that. What would you like to see and experience? The pioneer one is very interesting, like that was you. That was the first thing you came up with, so there's got to be something to it. What do you think you'd.
Speaker 1: Like that type of thing, like old like the West, type of thing that sounds fun.
Speaker 2: Do you ever play video games?
Speaker 1: Dead Redemption?
Speaker 2: Redemption? Now, I've never played number two. I've played number one, and that was one of my favorite games of all time.
Speaker 1: Oh well, like Ghost of Tsushima is my other one. Did you ever play that one?
Speaker 2: No? Because I have a kid and that really limits the amount of time that you can give to these things. And I love those open world games where you can just explore and do whatever you want. That is so much fun to me. A coworker did recommend that game to me and said, oh, it's like Red Dead Redemption, but it's in I don't know what what period would you call, like.
Speaker 1: Sam another one that I would want to do, Like.
Speaker 2: Old old Japan sounds really like I guess it would be feudal Japan.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: Now. I don't want to be on the ground fearing for my life though. I don't know how this whole time travel thing would work, but let's imagine we're in some kind of bubble where nobody can see you, but you can see it. I would love to see that feudal Japan.
Speaker 1: That would be fascinating, like doctor who logic, like you could enter it, but you can't like mess with it, Okay.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see colonial American kind of times too, And that's an easy one because you can go to those things, Like you can go to colonial Williamsburg and that's kind of the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if you go to Philly, there's definitely like you feel like you're kind of taking a step back in time. But it's always interesting to kind of like visit old American sites because I don't know, you go to like Italy and you're in front of the coliseum that's been there for like hundreds of years, year years, yeah, thousands. Yeah, and then you come to America and you're like, oh, that building was built a hundred years ago, and we're like, oh my god, it's old.
Speaker 2: It's really not now. When I went I have like a like a distinct field trip memory kind of thing of this. When I lived in Connecticut and there was this place called Old Sturbridge Village, which is kind of it's a reenactment. It's not like Williamsburg that was just there the whole time. This one they like trucked in some buildings boom, made up a fake town.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: But I remember going there and like they were cooking food in the traditional style of what like the late seventeen hundred's, and there was like a like a turkey or something and the head was still on it when it was all crispy and burned up. Oh my god. I was almost vegetarian for years after seeing that, Like uh uh, and like they're making kurds in Whey and the smell of that. Uh uh. Noah, thank you. So the reality of this is probably no, I don't think i'd want to. I'd probably like the period that we're living here right now. Can I travel to the future, because the hygiene's probably even better. In the future. They probably have like robodeodorant or something, you know, and it's even better.
Speaker 1: And hopefully it doesn't have a little known because I'm allergic to that medi owner and so I have to use all natural. So hopefully it's you know, one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like rubbing a crystal under your arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, that's something something that I could still use. But yeah. They had a restaurant actually in Jersey City that they tried to do like a menu that was Old American and they were like, oh, here's like acorn hummus and like tiny like actually the hummus was good, really, but I can't imagine colonial people calling it hummus. That's a but me, you.
Speaker 2: Think, I feel like acorn hummus would be bitter because it was so good because I eateing acorns in the yard and stuff. When I was grown up we had oak trees, and it's well, I mean, sure, it's just a raw acorn at that point, and lots of things are disgusting when they're raw, so I get that.
Speaker 1: Well. I mean, they a lot of the stuff on the menu. They changed it after I think about like three four months because they're like, nobody wants old colonial right right exactly, nobody wants real quick.
Speaker 2: No, the only thing people want is maybe like medieval times where you're eating a turkey leg and watching people joust. But on that same idea of the crispy duck thing, I don't like the turkey leg. I find that absolutely abhorrent. Oh when people are eating and like you know, it's like veins hanging out and stuff a turkey leg. Ough, it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: The turkey leged Disney is. So it's just salt, and I love salts.
Speaker 2: Well, you could give me a salt like, I'll eat that all day long with you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so good.
Speaker 2: And by the way, when you have this mythical house in Jackson Hole and I'm cooking for you, I will make you homemade hummus and it's wonderful. Oh yes, there is nothing like hummus that has not yet been refrigerated, like it's still at room temperature for being made. It's so good. I will make that for you all day for good stuff exactly, So get working on that.
Speaker 1: A strange relative, yeah, fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that was all ten questions and we're at the forty five ish minute mark here, and yeah, listen, I think that's the sweet spot for your bull chat.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 2: I don't like it when they start going into over an hour because I like to start and finish a podcast in the same I don't have a word for car session whatever it is, something like I don't exactly I'm gonna walk for forty five minutes. I don't want to like pick this back up where I left off later, so we should probably pull the plug right here.
Speaker 1: But it's just talking. It's different like I work on another one where they go into like the movie.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's different.
Speaker 1: Podcast Hollywood Gold. Make sure you go listen to it. But she really interviews like these producers of these huge movies, and that requires a little bit more time. For most of the time when it's me and Scott, we just reach a point where then he starts arguing with me about I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, and then all of a sudden, like somebody comes in and says you want lunch, and then you guys just like like literally just turn the power off and that's the end of the episode. Oh okay, I guess, I guess with the bull chat. I don't know. I do a podcast called Christmas Morning because I'm part elf, you know, hence the reason I'm going to Santa training, right, And we try to keep that under to like twenty five minutes to thirty minutes. Like when we first started, we said, Oh, it's gonna be real fun. It's gonna be like this morning show type format, but it's only gonna be fifteen minutes. No, you cannot get through anything in fifteen minutes, So thirty is a sweet spot for us.
Speaker 1: Thirty to forty five minutes, that's what they say, is key.
Speaker 2: Well, this has been fun to finally be like in the role of asking you all the things that I've been very curious about. I would love the opportunity to do this with Scotty sometime.
Speaker 1: His answers are going to be so much more fun, Are you kidding me? I love scott He's he's the best. I couldn't ask for a better call.
Speaker 2: Here's a good dude most of the time. Yes, catch him on a good day, but you know what, the same with me. You got to catch me on a good day too. You know I'm not hiding behind anything. You're gonna get the honest, real mean, I feel like that's what you get with Scotty. So in a way, that's a feature, not a bug.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know that's a good point. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yep, he is, he's he's honest to your face about it. So exact, Scotty, we've missed you. I hope you're having fun in I don't know, Upper Borneo or wherever you are on a cruise ship. Oh, it was a good. Tell you on the cruise ship. I would say it was a priceless princess. I don't I have no idea. I can't do that. But thanks for having me, and thanks all the listeners out there for listening. I hope that we hit some of the high points that people have actually been wondering about our beloved Andrew.
Speaker 1: And I really can't wait until you do it with Scotty. That's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, thanks for joining us, Scott.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I appreciate you, buddy. Thank you for having me. And remember next time you're doing one of your gross keto things, I'm on board. Okay, just you're in. I'll even go buy it myself. We don't have to have Scotty complain about the cost of shipping. I'll just go by the cereals. It's fine, Okay.
Speaker 1: No, you'll get them in his like serial killer like yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like some kind of weird serial drug deal thing going on. Exactly, yeah, exactly. All right, baby, Benny, Buddy, I was I was gonna say Andy, and then I remember you don't like being called andy and I respect that, so I changed to buddy, and then it came out as Benny. So thanks, Benny, appreciate it. Well, Thank you, Scott, thank you Andrew. Alrighty bye bye bye bye