Speaker 1: Old media.
Speaker 2: No, yep, yep, it's it could happen here electile.
Speaker 3: Disorder executive disorder, which is our weekly newscast, which we've been doing all year, so we should we should know what it's called by now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I'm so good at doing it, naming it.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: This show covers what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you and me and everyone else. I'm Garrison Davis. This episode, I'm joined by Robert Evans, James Stout, and Maya Wong, and we are covering the week of October twenty second to October thirtieth. Yep.
Speaker 5: So I think we should start off the bat by with the same thing we started off last week with, which is that as your Halloween. Yeah, well that on the upside weed woo spooky. On the downside, forty million people lose, lose, there's not benefits the next day on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what's spookier than that. Look, one thing you can't say about the government is that they're not failing to celebrate the holiday.
Speaker 6: I am scared of the consequences.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stock up on the trigger treater candy.
Speaker 2: I guess, steal as much candy as you can get. You're going to need it to stay alive.
Speaker 6: See a group of children, you run past him.
Speaker 4: Kick them.
Speaker 2: Oh their kids. They can't stop you.
Speaker 6: Yep. Hold it above your head. They can't reach it.
Speaker 3: No, it is. It is extremely grim, and there seems to be no indication from the Republicans of the Trump administration that they are going to work with the Democrats to resolve this without sacrificing health care for millions of Americans.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So, Gavin Newsom, a friend of the show, has deployed the California National God to assist food banks and estate.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like, look, the thing is, when you participate in the largest crackdown unprotected First Amendments beach in recent history, you don't get to show up and hand out snacks and feel good. And many food banks, including some in the Bay Area, have refused the help of National Guard members right because they have this very obvious concern that some people might be reluctant to go to places where the soldiers who are standing right next to all the different immigration agents in la are now working, and so this will have the opposite of a positive effect in those instances right, people who are afraid to go to food banks are going to remain hungry. The consequences of this will be negative. The issue, I don't think is a lack of person power. The issue is a lack of funding. The state has mobilized eighty million dollars in funds, but millions of Californians will be going hungry. And because of the failure of state authorities to stop federal authorities deploying the National Guard to LA and other areas where immigration enforcement was happening, this stunt that Newsman is going for could have very negative consequences for for food banks and for Californians who are hungry. Something sick and cool you can do if you have the means and the time is to pick up food from food banks for people who need it. A lot of people might be concerned.
Speaker 3: One of the biggest problems is how much food banks get food also through these programs, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean support. Yeah, food banks themselves are going to be struggling right now. So like I actually I did a thread on lib on blue Sky where were you going to say?
Speaker 3: Lived Twitter? And then corrected to blue Sky.
Speaker 6: I was going to say lib Sky. Yeah. Yeah, I fact checked myself. It's blue Wave Sky.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: You cannot get that past me. I could pick up on what you were doing, Garrison Davis like a viper struck. Yeah, at the core of my thought process. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So if you're on, if you're Skeeita, then you can you can find their threader made I link get in the show notes with food banks that are looking for donations, and you can also use that to find a food bank in your area if you're interested in that. But yet, this is a serious problem. This is the should be the biggest news story. I'm thinking particularly of those folks in Alaska right who found themselves as climate refugees due to this storm right which flooded their villages and now not only facing the loss of their villages and their homes, but also all their cached food. These are people who often would have hunted or fished or relied on storing food for the winter, and now finding themselves unable to access federal benefits.
Speaker 2: Doing the thing that like, there's a representative. Clay Higgins of Louisiana made a tweet today blaming snap recipients for not stockpiling a month's worth of food.
Speaker 6: Does he understand how this works?
Speaker 2: He said, try to get your head wrapped around how many pantries you can start with forty two hundred dollars, which is what people get on average per year. He says, with Snap benefits in properly shopped groceries. Any American who's been receiving forty two hundred dollars per year of free groceries and does not have at least one month of grocery stock should never again receive Snap because wow, stop smoking crack.
Speaker 3: That's inhumane.
Speaker 2: Dealing with the shit that they talk about is almost pointless because they're all liars. But like h as like what you said, Like people are on Snap for a wide variety of reasons. They're largely employed. They're just not getting enough money to actually like survive and feed their family. And like, the forty two hundred dollars a year for a family is not in fact enough to stockpile a huge quantity of food.
Speaker 6: No, it's not like it's remarkable how totach the people who make our laws off from Yeah, the working class experience.
Speaker 5: There is no way that guy knows how much of banana costs.
Speaker 2: No way, zero, He has no idea that man isn't shopped for himself in fucking twenty years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah they I does not know how much it cost to buy now mac and cheese for your kids.
Speaker 2: And obviously you know we hear we talk about storing food, about canning your own food, and there are things you can do even on a budget when you don't have much money to build a stockpile. And that's why I encourage people to pay attention to things like prices at the grocery store when things are a lot cheaper because they're in season, and learn how to do things like pressure can right and pickle different foods. You want it, because there are ways that you can. And this is why, right, it's not because you should be doing that or your irresponsible. It's because we even when it comes to the social safety net, you know that we have what little of one that we have. You can't rely on it because at any given point it could become a fucking fucking football for Democrats and Republicans to fight over and go away. Right, Like, none of this stuff is reliable, which is why people ought to, if it's at all possible, be doing stuff like that, right, Not because they should have to do that. But because you cannot rely on the government, right. And I don't say that as like a critique of people or to like shit on people. It's just like it's a fact. It's the fact that people need to increasingly accept because this is not going to be getting better in the long run. Yeah, let's talk about Graham Plattner.
Speaker 6: All right, Oh god, I do so to touch politicians.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, James brought up Graham Plattner, who is running for Congress in Maine, and some ads that he had put out which were really and I still think are really good ads, good ads in terms of they were effective objectively. He raised a lot of money. He was leading in the polls prior to us. We'll talk about a bunch of scandals coming out. He's no longer leading, but he was doing very well for a while. So his campaign, the strategy that he was following, which was largely a mix of talking about and really pushing investments in social programs and particularly healthcare, and attacking the billionaire class in very stark terms. Talked about they need to effectively get rid of that as a group of people, like tax them out of existence. That's a popular you know, and and and a good thing to campaign on. And the success that he had early on is evidence that there's a lot of legs to talking about that kind of stuff and the way that he did, and he talked about in a very combative way. Right, this guy was a former marine, some sort of fisherman. I think whatever kind of he's fisherman. I think it's an oyster farmer or some shit whatever. They have a that nonsense state Sorry Maynites.
Speaker 6: They called maniacs. Technically, I think they're called maners. That copy right Garrison.
Speaker 2: So he was coming across as a very like blue collar guy, right, like a very and kind of crude but crewed in a like I'm a straight talker sort of guy. And that worked that that was a good campaign, and we highlighted that because I think it struck you know, James is the one who brought it to our attention, but I think it struck all of us as, oh, yeah, this is a guy who was kind of doing talking to voters in a way that we wish more Democrats were right, and then in the last couple of weeks, oh god, so many scamps come out about this guy, the most well known of them as that for the last twenty years of his life he has had a totin cough tattooed over his pectoral that is the Death's Head. Now, it dates back before the Nazis. It was a niche. I don't know if this was the very first use of it, but the very first prominent use of it in military history was as the insignia for a unit called the Death'shead Hussars, which was an elite German cavalry unit. I mean, I'm sure I think they did still exist in World War One, but they were that was well past their prime. And it was then adopted by the SS, and it was it was worn by a number, by a lot of guys in the SS, but it was specifically the insignia of a unit called the totenkof SS, which existed to guard concentration camps and death camps. So having one tattooed on you bad, Yeah, not cool. Platner has said, basically, it was a dumb tattoo I got when I was young and just joining the Marine Corps, and I didn't know what it meant. And I am willing to believe that like a nineteen year old who joins the Marines would make a bad tattoo decision because I have a lot of friends that were in the Marines and they all have bad tattoos, right, none of them have Death's Heads.
Speaker 3: So you got it well, in like Croatia drunk, Yeah, right, and he was hammered, and yeah, the probability of walking into a tattoo shop in Croatia and coming out with a Nazi tattoo is extremely high.
Speaker 6: Sure, Yeah, it's not low. Yeah, Yeah, they're on the flash seat for Friday the thirteenth. They probably are.
Speaker 2: If it had just come out that he'd had this for some period of time, being like, yeah, I got like I was hammered in Croatia and I got a fucked up tattoo and realized it and got it covered. I had it been like not a story, right, like man gets bad tattoos, dumb kid. But number one, he kept it until he got it covered in like the last week or so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, tell you that was a real piece of odd that he covered it with, which is a.
Speaker 2: Wild choice to just keep it for that long. But also he claimed I had no idea until it came out as a story because I forget what outlet, but some news outlet found out that he had it and was going to publish it.
Speaker 6: And I think his team told Pod Save America when he went on the PUD Save America pod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but he had heard that there was opposition research.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because he had sent out to like another thing that he went on, like a picture of him with his shirt off, and they were like wait, what.
Speaker 2: Like there were a few of them floating around.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 6: If you've lived that kind of life, there's going to be pitched of you with the shirt off, you know, like they refusing to acknowledge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew earlier in my life that it was a death's head. And like there's reports from people who knew him that he called it a tote cough and joked about it.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I'll me be clear, I don't actually think that Graham is a secret Nazi sleeper agent. I really don't. I think he's a guy with really questionable judgment, which is reason, you know, to be very critical of his campaign. And yeah, I take a lot of issue with how he's responded to this because rather than again just kind of doing a mea polpa he's gone on the this is my enemies in the Democratic Party to silence me thing, and a very weird coalition has propped up kind of around him, trying to argue that this is a circular firing squad kind of deal. Like there was a Jacobin article being like, it's fucked up that people are going after Graham, and the pod Save guys are defending him, like it is a weird coalition that's circling around this fella.
Speaker 3: What do you think that Joe Rogan of the Left meant? Vibes essays.
Speaker 6: We wanted a guy who took loads of steroids and didn't have problematic opinions.
Speaker 2: I'm never gonna say this in any other instance about Joe Rogan, but he wouldn't have gotten that tattoo because he knows what a death's hit.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he knew in like two thousand and seven or what. I think there's a very strong alternate world where two thousand and seven, Joe Rogan is traveling a total accidentally gets a com tattoo.
Speaker 2: It's not impossible. You're right, You're right. I guess I'm just assuming he's watched enough World War two documentaries to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but watching those will like smoking weeds, so he doesn't remember anything that's fair.
Speaker 2: These are fair points you're making, Garrison. So a couple of surprising things about this, And this is not the only scandal it's kind of come out about him recently, but at number one, it did not immediately take a strong hit to his polling. This seems to be prilmarily just because a lot of voters aren't aware of it. Because in poles where they at where they informed people that he had a Nazi tattoo, his support drops dramatically by like thirty points. That said he was leading until like two or three days ago, I think was the most recent poll that came out that had a main governor, Janet Mills, in the lead above him. We're not talking about the main race yet. This is we're still in the primary, right, so he's challenging Janet Mills for the primary.
Speaker 6: Sure, And yeah, at.
Speaker 2: Present, according to so called strategies who did a pole very recently and it's the most recent poll, Mills has forty one percent from likely voters and Platner has thirty six percent, although about a fifth of respondents are undecided. And yeah, this is a pretty dramatic upset because prior to the whole Nazi tattoo news coming out, Platner was leading Mills by about thirty four points. So this has gone from Platner looked to have it in the bag to it's pretty close. Mills is ahead, not by a lead that's so commanding that it's a definite thing. You know, a standard polling error could have them basically be neck and neck, and we all should know at this point how frequently that kind of stuff happens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, polling never wrong. But yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's one of those somebody angry at us on the subredit being like, I can't believe they're hiding that like this has happened, you know, with this guy that they endorse like that we did endorse him and number two like this, this shit was breaking. When we were recording the ed last week, we made like a reference about it, but not much had come out, and there certainly hadn't been time for us to really look into what was going on here. And it's not this is a main Senate primary, and this is not like the very top of our list of crucial things to hit. The second it happens. We can wait on something like this to see how stuffs shaking out a little bit. No one's voting yet, so it's not like we're influencing the election by not coming out or whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like we only get to come so much. We have one hour of like news round Up show a week, and they the Blue Sky Twitter drama about Grand Plannery is not as important as the fact that millions of people are losing that food this week. Now.
Speaker 2: One thing that is interesting, and I do think this is an important race just because of kind of what it says about what sort of strategies are working now and igniting the base, and what kind of stuff does matter in terms of scandals. I think there are some things that are really relevant here. One thing that is interesting to me is that, according to a poll, very recent poll, the article came in October twenty sixth, twenty twenty five, majority of young Democrats still back grand Platner even after the whole tattoo thing. And this is really interesting to me because the data shows that in general, among likely voters, his potential support plummets when people are made aware that he had the tattoo, but young Democrats are by far the group most likely to have become aware of it as soon as the story broke, because young people are much more online than older people, and among young people he's still well ahead, which I really just do think speaks more than anything to the strength of.
Speaker 3: The rhetoric he has been using.
Speaker 2: The platform that he came out the gate with. It's and the rhetoric right, his combative rhetoric is really attractive to young voters, especially.
Speaker 6: Explain you a generation to us, garrison, why you like this?
Speaker 3: I mean, these are a lot of stuff that the Zoron campaign kind of like ignited around, Yeah you're you're right exactly rhetoric. And then you know, Sanders and AOC had their like anti oligarchy tour, which I mean, we don't need to like debate like the use of like that term. But no, there there isn't a huge frustration at the geriatric Democratic Party, and this sort of populis rhetoric is very popular among young people as it as it has been since the Sanders campaign in twenty sixteen. This isn't like new a revolutionary information. The fact that this guy has gotten to this point has gotten either past scandals where it's navigating through it, despite his like you know, very questionable background and military and uh military private contracting, his like misogynistic Reddit posts which were unearthed as as like an attack against him, which I think he actually handled that scandal fairly well, using it as a parallel to chart his own political journey. So yeah, I can understand why a whole bunch of young people who are reading about this aren't going to actually care at all about any of these stories and still vote for him because of what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I want to be clear, I didn't bring this up because think it's bad even that, like young people are still supporting him. I think this is something that people, especially in the Democratic Party, who care about winning. And I think it's people on the left who are trying to look at what can we do to get more progressive and combative candidates who are going to do something both about the right and about the billionaire class. What can we do to actually like win. You should be paying attention to this because this this rhetoric works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and because surely there's one other guy who can say these things. You can find one person who could use rhetoric, is good on camera and has not had a total CoV tattooed on their chest for almost twenty years. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And also the most wild part about this I don't even think is that it's that this guy was in Blackwater like Sonid's constell Us, but he calls it Blackwater.
Speaker 2: He was, yeah, that's the other scandals. Please, let's let's Yeah.
Speaker 5: He deployed to Afghanistan for Blackwater in twenty.
Speaker 3: Eight their first Shrug administration.
Speaker 5: No one at any point in this process went, hold on, wait, this guy went to fight in Afghanistan, like in twenty.
Speaker 3: Eighteen, Like, yeah, they prosecuted.
Speaker 5: The guys from Nisar Square, Yeah, from the Sour Square massacre. Yeah, after the square, Like those people got prosecuted four years before that.
Speaker 3: And he joined Blackwater in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: And to be clear, because this is something James brought up when we talked about this in our chat previously, he didn't technically join Blackwater because Blackwater has changed its name and I think merged for a couple of countries.
Speaker 6: It was a culprit name. But to be fair to me, yeah, he's all that. He said that for Blackwater. There's a way in which like, I'm okay with people fucking up if they acknowledge they funked up, right, Like, I'm okay with him saying I did this and it was wrong, so I left and I regret doing it.
Speaker 3: I mean that that is what he's saying, though it was specifically after this deployment. Yes, that this is where he says that, like this marked his like politicalticalization or like yeah, during the path of like how he viewed his life in politics specifically was negative experiences during this deployment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I guess that is something I have really complicated opinions on because I'm I'm not and I really have a lot of issues with folks on the left who are like anyone who was ever in the military.
Speaker 6: Is forever baby cal and deeply.
Speaker 2: Like I think that's yeah, deeply, deeply unseerious and incredibly counterproductive. And I don't I think that, like it's good that someone can do something as fucked up as joined Blackwater and realized that they did a horrible thing and change. Maybe doing it in twenty eighteen is too recently for me to want him in Congress as a progressive.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like that was it was like a decade after like he was one of the So he wasn't one of.
Speaker 3: The like the torture guards.
Speaker 5: But no, no, like when he was a marine, he gard he was like one of the guys.
Speaker 3: He was like assigned to guard Aubu Grab.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, yeah, the torture.
Speaker 3: Scandal, but it's it's like it took you. It took you like a decade after that. Yeah, is that maybe the thing I'm doing is bad? Like I just I just oh god.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, And that's that's kind of like the because I don't, you know, I don't think having been stationed to guard a place where horrible thing like war crimes were committed necessarily damns you forever, because like you don't choose where you're stationed at guard. Who knows when he became aware what was going on in the he was guarding, but at some point he did and that wasn't like the moment where he was like, ah fuck, you know. And I again, I have a lot of friends. I have friends who were with the very first infantry unit into Iraq, one of whom as they were invading, was like, you know this is criminal guys, right, you know we're breaking you know, this is fucked up. You know this, this war's bullshit. Pat Tillman was saying that, right, like Derry and the invasions this guy shot out in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like it took him. It took a minute, it took him reasonably long time.
Speaker 5: And also when you read his interviews about it, he's like, I did it because it was fun.
Speaker 2: Which is just like, that's that's honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's honest. It makes me insane.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, that's that's why people join the Marines as they like money and or they're adrenaline jokies.
Speaker 6: Right, I'd rather he was honest about that shit. Actually, like I I am.
Speaker 3: It is just like distressing.
Speaker 2: I actually like that. And again I do kind of like because there's not a there's not a perfect answers to like, well, when should you have had a change of heart about something like this before you can like be trusted as a political leader on the left. And I actually don't really know. I think I would be inclined to be like give him the benefit of the doubt on that stuff more if it weren't for the not yeah.
Speaker 3: Pleasure shift out with plug eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all those things together are kind of sketchy.
Speaker 3: Maybe do a couple of tours as a dog catcher.
Speaker 2: First, Like, you know, I'm seeing a lot of because there's a whole lot of like, well, no one else who has a chance of winning in Maine is supporting the progressive policies he is. You know, you can't have it all be perfect or whatever he's you know, we should at least hope that he gets in and he does the things he's saying. And I guess, like, if he does get elected, and it's not the most likely thing right now, but it's certainly impossible, I guess I hope he does the good stuff he says that he's done. I just have a lot less faith in that, given both what's come out and his reaction to it.
Speaker 6: Right, it's his reaction to it. It was really disqualifying, right, Like, right, there's a world I guess I didn't know that he told people it was a total cough. That's pretty fucking incriminating.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's reports from people who have said that it's it's unclear, Okay.
Speaker 6: There's reports, got it.
Speaker 2: We don't know objectively, but people have talked to the press who knew him and said that he described it as a total cough to them several years ago.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, if his response had been like, oh fuck, I didn't know, let me get that covered up immediately. That his response was so bad to defend it and to be like there's a conspiracy against it, really bad. It's that failure. And it also just shows like a lack of judgment and lack of ability to be critical of his own actions, which is worrying.
Speaker 2: It shows the kind of Trumpian fancifulness that really worries me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, damn it, gugaury kind of thing.
Speaker 3: A lot of populists are like this, like this is this is a part of populis. Yes, yeah, I don't think you can fully decouple it.
Speaker 2: That's probably true, Garrison. Yeah, that's probably true. But I I don't know. I'm not gonna tell you how to vote. I've made a habit of never telling people how to vote. So if you're in Maine, enjoy your mc lobster and do whatever your heart tells you. It's the right thing to do, my friend. But also, please don't eat a mc lobster there. It's clearly poisoned, you know, avoid avoid a m mc lobster's at all costs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, buy an oyster in today the strongest endorsement Robert I thinks can make.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is it not? By a mc lobster.
Speaker 2: Avoid a mc lobster at all costs.
Speaker 6: If you're on the West coast, avoid shellfish. And in some months it all costs because you can get paralytic shellfish poison.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean some people that's just basically getting free muscle relaxers games.
Speaker 3: Let's let's do it, ad break from us or at accerts. Okay, all right, we are back of Can I do my Halloween ice Nazi? Sure? Bevino segment? Is that how you say his name? Bavino?
Speaker 6: Greg? Yeah? Greg Green?
Speaker 3: It looks like a Bavino to me. So we're gonna talk about him playing dress up and how border patrol disrupted a Halloween parade. So last weekend, while conducting an immigration enforcement RAINE border patrol disrupted the root of a children's Halloween parade in Old Irving Park in Chicago, using tear gas and arresting several people, including two US citizens. A crowd gathered around after a border patrol arrested a thirty five year old construction worker who has lived in Chicago since he was four years old. Jesus neighborhood residents said that federal agents then deployed tear gas without warning. That following Tuesday, the architect of Operation Midway Blitz, Greg Bavino, appeared in a federal courts as part of a lawsuit alleging excessive force and violations of a tro restricting the use of tear gas and crowd control munitions. Bavino seems to be flagrantly violating this tro as he was photographed personally throwing a tear guest canister into a crowd in October twenty second during a raid on a laundromat and home depot. The DHS says that protesters are throwing rocks and Border Patrol issued warnings, though this account is contradicted by video of the incident. US District Judge Sarah Ellis told the Border Patrol chief quote, kids dressed in Halloween costumes walking to a parade do not pose an immediate threat to the safety of law enforcement officers. They just don't, and you can't use riot control weapons against them. This trol requires that crowd controlmmunitions may only be used as someone posed as an immediate threat to law enforcement, with agents instructed to give two verbal warnings before tear gas pepper spray can be deployed, and to wear body cams, badges, or visible ideas. This order was issued on October ninth. To get an idea of how closely this is being followed. The Vino himself still is not where a body cam and told Judge Ellis quote, I have not received a body worn camera nor the training unquote.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Board of Troll agents have generally, just to give some context here, not worn body worn cameras for a number of reasons. Firstly, they just don't want to. Secondly, no one it's making them. Thirdly, they believe that it is possible for people to detect the bluetooth signal that the camera gives out and thus find them. This is something that is theoretically possible as best my research can tell. You can make your own judgment as to which those factors is weighing most heavily on their choice not to wear them. But that they have never been required, like as a group, to wear body worn cameras all the time.
Speaker 3: No, this judge is trying to force them to. They're just refusing to follow the order despite Bavino saying that ninety nine percent of agents have these cameras, which is bizarrely specific.
Speaker 6: Clym, Yeah, Like, is he the one percent?
Speaker 3: Like, I guess it's like he's just so obviously lying. It's just oh god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's just it's lying. We I think we That should be enough to say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know if I said they never wear them. To be clear, they have gone forward and back on wearing them. But it was earlier this year that the specific security risk they have access to the cameras. Yes, yes, they're just refusing to follow this order.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Now. The same complaint that alleged that Vino threw a canister with their justification into this crowd also detailsn't incident from the next day, October twenty third, where agents without wearing identification as required by the order, shot a protester in the neck with pepperball from five feet away, and while driving away, pointed a pepper ball gun and I'm going to read from the complaint quote and then a real gun at declarant Chris Gentry, a combat veteran who was lawfully standing on the side of the road voicing his opposition as agents were driving by in their vehicles. The agent who pointed the real gun at mister Gentry's face said, quote, bang, bang, you're dead liberal unquote great cool. Anyway, plaintiffs have requested body cam footage of this incident, which has yet to be provided. Yeah, and I think it's worth noting that, I mean, they do this every single time there is any kind of protest, They do stuff like this. They've been pointing guns at people the entire time they've been here. They've been putting a lot of guns the past few months, as we have reported.
Speaker 6: Yes they have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they kill people, two.
Speaker 6: People, They've shot more than two people. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say something like this is insane.
Speaker 6: Yeah no. Yeah, it shows obviously like a complete lack of concern for accountability right now, like like absolutely no thought that you could be held accountable for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No.
Speaker 2: And it also shows a desire to kill liberally, yes, yeah, which liberals need to be aware of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You can't let this organization continue to exist, nor can you let the people doing this stay free. If you ever take power again, there has to be accountability, and there has to be an end to their ability, to the ability of any law enforcement agency to exist knowing that they are unaccountable and cannot be punished for the violence that they do to civilians.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess I'll take this point to mention that we've covered CBP and DHS's previous shootings in previous years and that the internal review process they have for those which has led to a lack of accountability even when compared to other law enforcement offices.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: During this hearing this last Tuesday, the judge declined to alter the TIRO to ban the use of tear gas completely, saying that she believes Baveno quote understands where I'm coming from. End quote. I don't know that we're going to see a whole lot of tear gas being deployed over the next week. Unquote cool, great, amazing stuff, jumping out an art traditionary.
Speaker 6: Greg's picking up on the vibe. So we should be fine now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this Bofito guy seems incredibly trustworthy. Though Judge Ellis did instruct Blevino to meet with her every weekday evening throughout Operation Midway Blitz till the next hearing in November to provide instant briefings on use of force, though just One day later, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals blocked Judge Ellis's order requiring these daily reports. In some other Bovino Moos news, earlier this week, news broke that top ICE field office chiefs are set to be reassigned and replaced by senior Border Patrol and CBP officials with the goal of netting more arrests to boost deportation numbers.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So the role of Border Patrol Germany is to patrol the physical border and to do enforcement in that one hundred mile border zone. Right. Their role of ICE, the majority of ICE agents are not the people that you see out that, Yeah, you're jumping out of cars and doing these these smashing grabs.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: The majority of ICE agents people who will work in the office, who will check in with migrants through their intensive supervision program, which is one of their quote unquote alternatives to detention. Right. Both of these agencies, you know, are relatively aligned with what I'll call ac Donald Trump's agenda. But Border Patrol particularly has made a name for like Bavino himself and other Border Patrol chiefs were there was a time it looked like they were going to force Veno to retire and that time was twenty twenty three briefing against it Biden administration. Right, Brevino has been kind of particularly emblematic of this new border patrol approach, and it is particularly BP that has been aligned just with with a lot of things that you know, they had, they had issues getting people vaccinated, right like, with this whole kind of political social media that is representative of the modern right we see with isoations. Like some of these people, I'm not going to say they joined like looking to help, you know, maybe like make the word actually a happy place, but like they they are reasonable civil servants, right Like, Like I've talked to plenty of migrants who have gone to there and you and you'll hear from some of them in a scripted series next month, gone to their ice check into been like that was fine, that person was professional, That this seemed genuinely concerned for things I'm facing, and you know I was not unduly harassed, made to feel uncomfortable, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Now the border patrol agents are like particularly brutal.
Speaker 6: I have not heard that same that was a reasonable professional about border patrol agents from migrants. Yeah, border patrol also has a pretty high churn, right, as you know, so that they have a lot of people who have joined since let's say the first Trump admin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that may kind of change things because those people are joining specifically because they want to fuck with migrants. And while that's always been a thing for Border Patrol, a lot of people joined Border Patrol because it's the easiest way to become technically a federal agent. Yeah, and it can be a path to becoming a better kind of federal agent.
Speaker 6: Sure, you can do the.
Speaker 2: Career thing, which is why part of why there's so much churn, part of why BP.
Speaker 6: Just to like characterize some of the issues the organization has had, right has consistently offered waivers the academic qualifications other agencies would not offer waivers for they have a problem areas problem with sexual assault, not just of migrants, but of women in the Border Patrol. They call the women in the Border Patrol the fierce five percent, because this is an agency that has not succeeded in getting more than five percent of his agents to be women. Like it is an agency that has I guess for one of a better term radicalized, even even you know within DHS agencies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, all of the most brutal incidents of used force in like Portland in twenty twenty that came from FEDS was Border Patrol.
Speaker 2: That was Bortech.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boord Tech.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I would encourage people, if they want to get a sense of how Border Patrol sees itself, to go to the social media page that Baveno curates and has created for a while to look and again he was my understanding, like hemmed up for his social media post. In the Biden administration, He's obviously not being restrained in that way. Now, go and look at I think it's called Border Patrol Special Operations Command or DHS Special Operations Command, which includes Bortech. Go and look at their pages, right, Like these guys they see themselves in the realm of like a military branch or a paramilitary police. Yeah, and that is what they are doing in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, NBC is reporting it. The White House has approved three assignment of at least a dozen directors of ice field offices, with sources telling Fox News that the cities will include Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver, Philadelphia, El Paso, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, and New Orleans. This is almost half of the ICE field offices in the country. This turnover is being orchestrated by DHS Secretary Christinome and DHS Senior Advisor Corey Lewandowski, with some of the replacements being hand picked by Bevino. This is like Bevino began to shape ICE how he sees fit using his border patrol background, and these changes are reportedly motivated on differing views on tactics across agency leadership with the ICE strategy like the Tom Holmans of focusing on targeted removal of known criminals or immigrants with pre existing deputation orders, versus the border patrol tactic of doing these large sweeps and roundups around places like hom deepos, laundromats, restaurants, neighborhoods, urban centers.
Speaker 6: So Bevino has been on this for a minute, right, And I'm now realizing we need to cover his career in more depth. But like I've seen this, Oh, where did Bevino come from? Stuff? In twenty ten when he was out of at the blithe Border Patrol station I believe Blyze, California. For those not familiar, Bavino was part of a raid on bus and train stations in Las Vegas, right, like these, these broader kind of dragnets have been something that he seems to have been a characteristic of his career, right, so that would make sense for him to be the guy advocating for this now.
Speaker 3: The official statement made by DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin at this point says, quote, while we have no personnel changes to announce at the time, the trom administration remains laser focused when delivering results removing violent, criminal illegal aliens from this country. And she followed up this statement with a tweet naming a whole bitch of people involved in all of these news stories, including Bavino and like praising them for their patriotism. Let's take a look at two pictures of Boveto here for his courtroom attire. Who wants to describe what Baveto is wearing here.
Speaker 6: It looks like a statue of Stalin.
Speaker 2: He looks like a guy in the SS is dressing as a guy in the SS for Halloween.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's very Stalin. I think it's very German.
Speaker 2: Naturally, that is an ssque looking coat. I'm sorry, it's intense.
Speaker 3: He has the little is little stars on his collar and yeah, this this like boxy wool trench coat. It's very with the like shaved sides of his head, it's very clear what he is trying to evoke. This is a little bit koy, but like, c come on, dude, and to follow this up like DHS is really is really pushing Vino now is like the face of this this mass deportation push and they're making fucking like fash wave pipe fash wave hype edit reels.
Speaker 6: Of show it.
Speaker 3: Gods, it's Maso and I will I'll play the whole thing, but really it's the first two seconds that demonstrate what's what's going on here.
Speaker 6: This will be linked in the notes. I didn't realize it was Hampster Dance Coldplay on the soundtrack, Like I had never listened to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a choice.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna play much of that audio, garretson, We're gonna play we are not playing thirty seconds of copyrighted audio, but just the first literally the first two seconds of him doing what is there very clearly as see Kyle, and then transferring it into like military hand signals, but like come on, dude, and then throughout through this the rest of the little fash wave edit. It's like pictures of him and his like uh, you know, tactical gear, and then pictures of him in what you I would describe as an SS inspired military dress uniform with the little you know, the stars, the trench code. It's like very clear what he's doing. The DHS Twitter account has been doing these little cute Nazi posts for a long time. Now they know what they're doing. It's yeah, but specifically this now being like the the new kind of face of this of this whole operation, both by playing a hand in restructuring the leadership of ICE and deploying to the forefront of places like Chicago as he leads and orchestrates the mass deportation operation like Operation Midway Blitz like blitz really do blitz yet interesting, interesting, fucking believable that the fact that this guy was not canned by any previous Democrat administration, like like like abolishing ICE is is obviously like not enough here, because as we're talking about the way that like border patrols actually been the ones leading the most brutal of these raids, I think like there is a specific focus on like ICE because that's like a safer target. I get like it feels like, because people know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: All of dhs we need to get rid of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the fact that this guy wasn't fired is going to be looked back upon in the same way that like Allende promoting Pinochet is looked back on.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, yeah, it's it's yeah, what how else do you describe it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, if there was going to be a free country, all of this shit, all of the dhstationcies, all of this needs to cease to exist as a minimum, and these people need to be like hauled in front of a nubberd tribunal and that's that's the minimum viable. There might be a democracy after that.
Speaker 2: We need so many Neurembergs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And like it's not I don't want to burn a gloat about this. It's not hard to have seen this coming. We have talked about this four years, right, Like, yeah, this began in the nineteen nineties with Operation Gatekeeper, Operation Hold the Line. We've documented this extensively. We've documented the fact that under the Biden administration there was virtually no oversight, right that they were able to detain people outdoors without food, water, or shelter and deny that those people were detained. This is all stuff that we've covered. If it wasn't in your news diet, then you should question the news sources that you were using. But like, it was very easy to see this coming, and as Mia said, very little was done to prevent it during the last four years.
Speaker 2: Yep. And somewhat more amusing news during the ongoing trial over the different federal agents deployed to Portland and the necessity of that federal deployment and potentially the mobilization of National Guard troops in Oregon being sent to Portland, which is still being fought over in the courts. Portland police were brought up on the stand and testified that during one night out at Ice, federal officers gassed Portland police and fired pepper balls at one officer. And when Portland police confronted federal not ice, sorry, but these are these are federal FPS agents outside of the Ice building.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when Portland police confronted the FPS agents afterwards, they responded help or get out of the way.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And this is simply there's no actually, there's no there's no rules of engagement, right, rules of engagement for you know, soldiers in the like are supposed to be stuff like, you don't fire until a certain standard of danger exists, Right, you don't. There are rules at which point you were allowed to engage with which kinds of weapons? Right Your ROI may say one thing about using a night stick or mace, and it will say something else about using tear gas or whatever. There's no actual RO for these guys. They're allowed to just kind of fire whenever they want, and they're not well trained. They're not very good at what they do. Most of them have not actually had the kind of training I've been supposed to have with these weapons systems they're using, and they're just kind of firing willy and illy, which is why they've been hitting cops repeatedly.
Speaker 6: Most FS agents are contractors, they're not full time now enforcement officers.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Talking of things that it would have been easy to see coming, I want to talk about ICE's facial recognition app. So I've seen a piece in four four Media. Four and four media is the most annoying outlet to read pieces in because they will send you seventeen emails a day. Four A for media suggests that ICE is claiming a facial recognition match in its app mobile forti fi is a definitive determination of somebody's status. They're quoting here the ranking member of the Householme Land Security Committee, Benny G. Thompson, as saying, quote mobile Fortify is a dangerous tool in the hands of ICE, and it puts to American citizens a risk of detention and even deportation. He also said that quote ICE officials have told us that an apparent biometric match by mobile fortifier is a definitive determination of a person's status, and that an ICE officer may ignore evidence of American citizenship, including a birth certificate, if the app says the person is an alien. ICE using a mobile biometrics app in this way, in ways its developers at CVP never intended or tested, is a frightening, repugnant, and unconstitutional attack on Americans rights and freedoms. Thompson is misguided if he thinks that like this is new, it is new, and that's that its impacted US citizens. Yes, this article, for reasons I cannot explain, does not mention in CBP one right, and as is often the case some immigration reporting that we see now, it's completely lacking in context. The context here is at CBP one is an app developed in the first Trump administration. It's often referred to as a Biden app because the definitive political question of our time is who was present in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: There's just no way to know.
Speaker 2: It's impossible to say you can't do data on anything happening that far back.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, I have a new one which is more recent, which we're going to talk about next.
Speaker 3: Groc is real.
Speaker 6: But CBP one was effectively determinative for migrants, right. We've covered this in great detail here. There were some public records about CBP one that I've looked at extensively. There's sort of too long didn't READI version is the app did not work well on Android phones, especially previous generation Android phones, which are very common among people coming from the Global South. The face liveness scan. So what the facial liveness scan does is that let's say Robert is coming to the US, right, they wanted to check that the phone is being held by Robert, that it's not been held someone's not holding up a photograph of Robert in front of the camera, right, So you sort of move it around. Then it determines that it's a real three D face, not a photograph. It really struggled with black faces. I've seen this firsthand.
Speaker 2: I've all this stuff does. It's the same thing with like how there have been like motion activated fossets and stuff that wouldn't recognize dark skin.
Speaker 6: It's a data set that they put in right to understand. Yeah, the results of those scans were determinative for migrants, right. It could determine their ability to make an asylum appointment and therefore to enter the US and make a claim for asylum. This caused people to remain in various very dangerous situations. It has probably led to people dying. It's another example of why we have to pay attention to the border if we want to know what's come down the pipe domestically, and talking of shit that is coming down the pipe from the border domestically. I want to talk about public lands again because Utah Senator Mike Lee is back on his bullshit. This time he has another bill. People will remember that Mike Lee tried to insert in the budget reconciliation bill a massive sell off of public lands. Right, And what Lee does is he uses whatever terminology he thinks will make people support this crusade he has against land zone by the public for if we want to access In the last time, he tried to wrap it up a language about affordable housing. If you read the bill, you would have seen that there wasn't going to result in any affordable housing. This time he's wrapping it up in the language of border security. And this is where I'm where We're going to return to the defining political question of our time. Who is President? Because Lee, who introduced the bell in October of twenty twenty five, said, and I quote, Biden's open border chaos is destroying a Marria Wicks, Crown Jewels. Families who want to enjoy a safe hike or camp out are instead finding trash piles, burn landscapes, and trails closed because rangers are stuck clearing up the fallout. Cartails are exploiting the disorder, using these lands as cover for their operation. This bill gifts land managers and border agents the tools to restore order and protect these places for the people they were meant to serve. Diligent observers will notice that Biden is no longer the president of the United States, and further, diligent observers will notice that many people currently working for the federal government on public lands are being laid off or furloughed due to the government shutdown. What Lee's bill would do is allow dhs to identify illegal roads in public land areas and then to upgrade them to navigable roads. This is important because the nineteen sixty four Wilderness Act doesn't allow motorized access to wilderness areas, and what Lee is proposing is that they would identify these illegal roads within one hundred mile zone. He is proposing a blanket change to the nineteen sixty four Wildness Act to allow the construction of roads, which would completely change the nature of wilderness in the United States, and sometimes a slip reslow argument can also be a fallacy, but in this case, building roads into the wilderness will permanently change the nature of their wilderness and will lead to other losses of protection on public land. Lee makes the argument that it's important for search and rescue and for border access. There is already mechanized access for search and rescue. They give search and rescue helicopters, for instance, can access wilderness areas that they have agreements in place with land management agencies which allow them to do this already. When there is a risk to human life. The bill also talks about removing invasive species and reducing fire risk by removing fire fuels down by the border. Again, I'm guessing what this would do would be This would I mean if you fire fuels like look at the southern border near where I live, right, Like think of the California sage brush chaparral. Like, clearing fire fuels there would completely change that landscape forever. It would remove much of the value that this wilderness has not as untouched. Right, people have lived in this area for tenths of thousands of years, and that they have touched that nature, and they have lived alongside it and worked with it. But it is an area that is significantly less damaged than most of the United States. Right. The bill would also inventory fires and damage to wilderness caused by migrants. I guess this is just an attempt to say another bad thing about migrants. It also prohibits any housing of migrants on federal lands unless it is in a prison. It's Lee taking this border hawk stuff and strapping it onto this crusade that he has been on for a long time to deprive people in the United States and people visiting the United States have access to their public lands and eventually to sell those lands off to the highest bidder. He introduced it on October second. It's in the committee stage right now. This probably is one of the things that folks could call a representative about and suggest it's a very bad idea. Talking to bad ideas. Ma daughter has announced the formation of an international brigade to defend his incredibly corupt regime in Venezuela. I say this is someone who has been to Venezuela and written a PhD about the Spanish Civil War. This is a very bad idea. Don't do this.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 6: Maduro does not need your help. Fuck that guy talking of things that don't need your help. Here are some adverts.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you're throwing the People's Republic of Venezuela under the bus like that as they're facing down war with the United States of America.
Speaker 6: Right now standing in the breach against imperialism. Yeah, I read a lot about it.
Speaker 3: What happened is hashtag solidarity. Jane.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. I read about it on the Gray Zone and I'm changing my opinions. Having spent more time than I'm sure half the staff of the Gray Zone in Venezuela.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Spooky. The ship Trump's getting is part of pair of negotiations Woo.
Speaker 3: Jazz Jazz Party, Jazz.
Speaker 4: Jazz bar.
Speaker 5: All right, So, as we talked about last week, Trump has been in East Asia to do a bunch of meetings for conversations already happening. And this is where terrific negotiations have been being handled. This has been being held in South Korea. South Korean President Lee Jmjung presented Trump with South Korea's highest honor and also gave him a giant golden crown. Have you all seen the giant golden crowd? It's that easy, folks.
Speaker 3: All you gotta do, It's all you gotta do is just these little stupid things, and then he loves you, giant gilded crowd.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen the crown. I'm gonna look at the crown.
Speaker 5: Look up the crowd. I am beseeching you all yet. I however big you think this crown is? It is way larger than that it is?
Speaker 6: Oh wow, yeah, no, it's Jesus wow. It's like the sizeaball fire hydran. Yeah. Maybe they directly, they directly took the one that they took from Prince Andrew for being a nonce and melted it down.
Speaker 3: It's really something now.
Speaker 5: Now, Lee Jamiung is a name you might recognize because he's the guy who was famous for that video of climbing over the fence to stop the coup last year. And one year later he's giving Trump what I think might be the largest crown I have ever seen. Now, this crown is being described as quote a gilded replica. So I don't know how much of this is actually gold. I suspect it's gold paint or whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I do not have confirmation on it. But you know, great great things happening.
Speaker 5: In in sort of like a revolutionary anti coup movement, which has ended giving Trump the giant golden crown. Yeah, and apparently and they got like a kind of favorable, sort of okay ish kind of trade deal out of out of out of giving the President of the United States giant golden crown. So, in terms of tariff news, while in China, Trump had his long awaited beating lucijian.
Speaker 3: Ping, they struck a deal.
Speaker 5: Trump decreased the quote unquote it's an all tariffs to ten percent, which leaves the tariff right for all Chinese goods at forty seven percent, down from its previous fifty seven percent. China has agreed to not do Rare Earth's mineral restrictions that we talked about last week, and has also pledged by US soybeans. Again, it's deeply unclear how much of this is actually going to happen. I think my guess is that they probably won't do the harshest of the mineral restrictions, but I will believe the soybean purchases when I see it, and I haven't seen it yet. There's also been some interesting use out of the Senate where there's been a couple of symbolic votes against some sets of tariffs. The Senate voted fifty to forty six to end the state of emergency that supposedly allows Trump to do the Canada tariffs, and also voted to block tariffs against Brazil. The four people who voted against both of these who voted with the Democrats are Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul, Susan Collins, and Lisa Morowski. Which it kind of makes sense because Collins and Morowski are supposed to lead the two moderates. Rand Paul is like just hates tariffs. Yeah, he's a free trade hardliner.
Speaker 3: Who.
Speaker 5: Whatever I talk about this, I will say he has had as much as all of this is his fault. He has had one great light, ever, which is I have a trade deficit with my grocery store.
Speaker 3: Actually really good. Is he like an Austrian like economists, like libertarian type, like like, I know he's like a libertarian guy. I'm just trying to figure out what specific flavor.
Speaker 5: He's like an he's like one of the Austrian like gold standards, but also like those people are still free trade people, like really hardline.
Speaker 3: Last time I heard Charlie Kirk talk in person, he was debating like five Austrian economists the most annoying people.
Speaker 2: Mean, like, honestly, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. That sounds like, yeah, that sounds like why would you agree to do that, especially if you're already rich. I don't understand that. I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's just a work notting though that despite these votes, none of this is going to take effect because the House right now effectively does not exist as a legislative body. Yeah, it doesn't exist in general because they keep not calling sessions because every time they try to call a session, the Democrats in the one political theater thing that like is kind of a good idea, but they're so bad at it. They keep being like, you have to release the Epstein files, and the Republicans keep being like, no, so we kind of don't have a House of Representatives.
Speaker 2: I keep thinking about that one scene from Mars Attacks with the presidents, like, you've still got two out of three branches a government, and that ain't bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, we have.
Speaker 3: We basically have one branch of government. We have one branch of Yeah, we have one branch of governments, and.
Speaker 2: Like, but that doesn't work as a Mars Attacks Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But and also it's worth noting the House voted to not allow any tariff legislation until March twenty twenty six, a thing that it could apparently do. It is totally normal.
Speaker 2: Sure, Oh well, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know, so speak of things are totally normal.
Speaker 5: We're gonna close this with Trump getting mad at Canada because he saw an ad they were running.
Speaker 3: Yeah, series that was God, it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: It was a bunch of clips of Ronald Reagan being like, Tariff's bad because Reagan. Reagan's domestic protectionism took the form of currency to evaluations and not tariffs, et.
Speaker 3: Cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 5: But like, yeah, so and and and Trump saw this lost his mind, said that it was Ai. There's a whole saga here about him claiming that it was like also unauthorized usage of footage, which is a fiasco. And then also all of the terror negotiations that have been happening to the US and Canada have been called off and he just put another ten percent terriff on them because he was.
Speaker 3: Mad about it.
Speaker 5: Which yeah, totally, you know, I I totally absolutely a thing that like an elected head of government does, and not a a guy who just received a massive golden crown.
Speaker 3: Ah Garo said, that's not a blue Jay's hat. But you know this is a blue Jay's hat. Mia, How fucking dare you try to she'splain my own, my own country, myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Toronto's team.
Speaker 6: Garrison's wearing a hat for those who are not working for cool as any media.
Speaker 3: It's the Toronto Blue Jays. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Toronto blue was the Toronto Blue Jays.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but there's not a j on it.
Speaker 3: Why, well, no, it just has the maple leaf.
Speaker 6: But it's only three points. It's not a not a traditional maple leaf.
Speaker 3: James, are you gonna Are you gonna she explain my own country to.
Speaker 6: Me, Garrison when it comes to birds and leaves.
Speaker 5: I am going to canada'splain to you it rocks. Yeah, but that's fun. That's just how tariff policy is set. Now, is you pissed off the king and he decided to put a teriff?
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't really know how to do analysis of the fact that we just have a child king setting terriff. Polsy, It's it's great.
Speaker 3: Look quick fact jacket. Do you read can you read this? Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: It does say read this genuine m LB merchandise. Okay, wow wow wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They would ever put that in. Fake MLB merchandise wouldn't allowed.
Speaker 6: I've never seen any genuine MLB merchandise in markets in a Rocks for example.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, I'm the owner of a proud Fixing GM shirt that I bought in a market in there.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, all right, everybody, Okay. I think it's politically important for the Blue Jays to win the World series and contribute to the American Century of Humiliation.
Speaker 2: James, I still have my my Tumberland boots that I bought in Syria.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have a five dot one dot one jacket. Oh and I've got it.
Speaker 2: I got a greater Adotis track suit when I was in Istanbul.
Speaker 3: Do you want to do this fed election right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's do it now. Let's talk about talking of things which are not as they seem. California Attorney General, look at that Charason. That is why they pay me the medium bugs. California Attorney General Rob Bonter.
Speaker 2: Is warning such a fake guess name. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Garrison is wearing that hat for those not watching this podcast on top of the head in the fashion of affairs, California Attorney General Rob Bonte is wannering about election interference by the federal government. The federal government has sent monitors to California to a number of different counties in California in order to monitor the elections that are happening here on the fourth of November. To be clear, federal monitoring is not uncommon. The Biden administration did it in more than eighty places in twenty twenty four. For example, but BoNT seems convinced this monitoring is going to lead to election denial, elector interference. Here's Gavin Newsom talking on X about this.
Speaker 4: So today the Trump administration announced they're sending election monitors to five specific counties here in the state of California. They have no business doing that, they have no basis to do that. In fact, we have a state wide election for a statewide constitution. This is about voter intimidation. This is about voter suppression, period, full stop. And it's a pattern, isn't it. It's consistent with what they've done with the federalization of the National Guard and the intimidation of the chill that that's created. They'll do that right around election day as well. Same thing with ice and Border patrol. Mass men watch that space showing up in and around polling booths and voting places. But this is a bridge too far, and I hope people understand it's a bridge that they're trying to build a scaffolding for all across this country and next Novembers election. They do not believe in fair and free elections. Our republic, our democracy is on the line.
Speaker 6: We all need to wake up I'm actually a lot more concerned with the stuff around, and I think he's probably right that we will see like more federal agents around polling places in election time. What California was doing in response is assigning monitors to monitor the federal monitors, which will be interesting and it seems unusual, right for the federal monitors be monitoring. Thinks that one of the things that's on the ballot this year is Prop fifty right, which would redistrict California. It's jerry mandering, so gerry mandering proposition to.
Speaker 2: It's revenge gerrymandering character Jerry. The bill is specifically we not we're going to do this, but we're going to do this if there's redistricting in Texas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's it's yes, it's an attempt to rectify the very obvious jule gerrymandering Texas.
Speaker 2: It's kind of mad mutually asserted destruction is applied to Jerry Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Neither of these things are great. That's here we are. I think that's what I had on this essentially cool yep. I think that that's uh.
Speaker 2: Eisode, that's where we're at, all, right, everybody.
Speaker 6: Well until.
Speaker 3: Breaking breaking autism news God Texas is suing Thailand all specifically a pharmacistic company Johnston Johnson for marketing tile and all the pregnant women and failing to disclose. But a turny General Can Paxton calls quote a significantly increased risk of autism and other disorders unquote.
Speaker 6: They don't market it to pregnant women like geremaly.
Speaker 2: It says like if I'm not mistaken, it says on the bottles, don't take if your nurse pregnant.
Speaker 6: We covered this in a previous episode. But like geermity, drugs are not very few drugs are marketed to pregnant people, right, be the women or otherwise.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, the only thing you're supposed to take is a pregnant woman is cocaine, and you got to make sure it's pure.
Speaker 3: Non binary people thought you can take anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you're If you're not pregnant, it's okay to do whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If you are pregnant, no, other women, it's okay, go.
Speaker 2: Right hell yeah yeah sure, yes, wait, No, I don't think that that's.
Speaker 3: How it works.
Speaker 6: Transmasting double yeah yeah yeah true.
Speaker 2: I think if you have a fetus gest stating in you You're only supposed to do cocaine.
Speaker 3: Definitely the least autistic for people non binary people. Yeah, definitely, definitely, they can just take whatever or do or do take whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, too many drugs like like they'll they'll say that you should consult with it with your doctor.
Speaker 3: Consulted doctor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and none of them are risk free. But it's it's it's a cost benefit analysis.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: We covered this the autism and Thailand all like correlation versus causation based on that one sweeter se this is I'm interested to see how Johnston Johnson argues this in court and if that will have effects across, you know, the rest of the Trump administration's anti Thailand all push, if they're able to successfully defend their product against Ken Paxton, so critical support to Thailand.
Speaker 2: All I guess welcome to the resistance Big Pharma Jesus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if people listen to more and that we can get back and find out previous episode.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, until next time, try not to be on a fishing boat anywhere south of the US southern border. It's not safe right now.
Speaker 3: Good luck trick or treating, Happy Halloween, Yeah, goove trick or.
Speaker 2: Treating it's not safe right now.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, don't be trick or treating in a boat.
Speaker 3: This year, we've reported the news that sucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we reported the news.
Speaker 3: It could happen. Here is a production of cool Zone Media.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website Coolzonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources where it could happen here listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.