Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's get to it. Stock's on the move today. I'm Tom Kane and Paul Sweeney and bloombergs Lisa Manteo, Lisa, what do you have?
Speaker 3: All right? We're starting with chip stocks because they've been seeing a little bit of a lift this morning. In Nvidia you had up more than one percent, Broadcom as much as two percent, Qualcom up about half a percent. The reason why while the Trump administration they plan to revoke some Biden error restrictions on AI semiconductor sales overseas. And this is specifically that AI diffusion rule which created these three broad tiers of countries for regulating chip exports. So what exactly this is going to do. It's going to provide new opportunities for other countries to negotiate their own chip access. So it's good for places like Nvidia and Oracle and countries like the UA, also Saudi Arabia because they can do as you get some better terms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doesn't just mean lower tariffs for chips. I mean it's a basic idea. We're job owning lower.
Speaker 4: Chair, I think, so I try start to start breaking, you walk it back. That's kind of what we saw last time around with this administrative.
Speaker 2: So it's like a real estate deal in Manhattan. Exactly, he's doing a deal in Des Moines.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 4: That's that's workings.
Speaker 2: But they're up like one or two.
Speaker 3: Percent today, correct, Yes, Nvidio. But then you have other companies like for example, arm their shares are lower their semiconductor software design company. So they posted higher sales in the first quarter. That was thanks to the success of its chips, but its outlook is what disappointed, and that's what god investors worried. They say, you know, they're in the process of closing these licensing deals. They want to make sure they're signed before it adds the revenue to their outlook.
Speaker 2: Read Chip Wars. I Chi, I can't say enough about it. A great faculty up, a toughs Read Chip War. It was my book of the year last year. Just read the damn book because it's the Lisa just said, and it gives you some knowledge, which I better better than me, better than somebody of them.
Speaker 3: Paul next, Paul I'm sorry Peloton shares down, Like.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: We've got the bike, we've got the treadmill. We're all in. My girlfriend uses in like multiple times per day. She's she's like a Lisa Matteo, crazy and yourself physical. I watch her do it, she looks on it, she looks greater.
Speaker 1: I love them sweating away.
Speaker 3: But it's been struggling, right, you know that they've been trying to get back on track. Revenue declining, sales for the hardware, their bikes and treadmills sliding seven percent.
Speaker 4: Should just buy them and you cut and shisseled.
Speaker 2: Is it because they flooded the market and there's no one else more to buy Peloton? Or is it the bikes are too expensive?
Speaker 3: There's other bikes out there too that are less expensive.
Speaker 4: The value in the company, which is hard to monetize, is the community. There's a couple of I don't know how many millions of users out there, but they are passionate, passionate people following. You got configure out a way to monetize that, and they haven't figured out a way they.
Speaker 2: Can give us another stock squeeze one name, All right, this is this is okay?
Speaker 3: Anheuser Busch in bev it is do you have do you enjoy michel Old Ultra or Stella Artois now otherwise in cans in can that's how you're rolling. Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: They did have an offset and a fallen beer volumes. They offset that with higher profits. They cut costs, They drove consumers to drink more of the premium beer. They're they're trying to get you to go to the premium beer. Okay, you like the sella okay, good, good, But they said, he said, here's what I don't understand you as sales suffered from adverse weather and a late easter, so late easter, so I don't know, but you have Corona right that that's what they sell. Also outside the US that actually led performance grew eleven point two percent outside of Mexico really, so that was pretty interesting. But then you have like Molson Coors, which didn't do so well and their shares were off about five percent, so they had wik us Beer Demand.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.