Speaker 1: This episode is sponsible by game Time Ticket and App. The start of the NBA season is underway and you don't want to miss the hype atmosphere watching the basketball game live.
Speaker 2: Energy of the fans at the beginning of the season is incredible. And game Time has a new feature called game Time Picks that makes getting tickets to see your favorite teams play live even easier, and it filters out of the fluff to show you incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets.
Speaker 1: I like using the game Time app when I want to attend a concert or comedy show. Game Time Ticket and App is the only ticketing app that gives you complete peace of mind with your purchase. I really like the all end pricing because it shows how much I'm going to have to pay.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the game Time app right now and it's easy to find different tickets and different price points. The NBA season is beginning and I know your favorite team is going to need your support.
Speaker 1: Take the guests work out of buying tickets with games. Download the game Time app, creating an account and use code green or twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again, creating an account and redeem code g R E E N for twenty dollars off.
Speaker 3: Download Game Time today. What time is it? Game time? What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to The Draymond Green Show with my dog Baron Davis b D. Before we get into this episode, make sure you subscribe to The Draymond Green Show to Baron Davis so you don't miss any episodes.
Speaker 2: Follow this show on Twitter Draymond Show, so you don't miss none of the announcements, none of the highlights, none of the fanfare. In today's episode, we're gonna talk about what happened in Memphis and what's going on around the league and more before we talk about the Warriors next games on the schedule. Brother Man, Brother man, brother Man, I have to ask you about the ejection.
Speaker 3: Come on, brother man, ejection. What happened? What happened? What happened is?
Speaker 1: What happened is when now days they have the three officials that are going to officiate the game, they put them up, they hang them for the game. So you know you got you know, I see Brian Ford Ta coming in. I already know that he got. He hates me, I already know it, and so you know, I come into the game, I'm like, yo, you know what I'm saying. Let me let me keep it chill because I know he like, I know how that ends. You know what I'm saying, Like, I know there's certain referees when they come in.
Speaker 3: I know how it is with me. You know what I'm saying. He's one of those.
Speaker 1: So you know, you know people that check out saying and like I got him, all right, I mean, and right away it's just like bro like really and then so he starts like yelling at me like a like don't talk to me like that number one, So you know it's from there is testing like, but I know how to play it because I know how this ends, right, So I'm not about to get a tech messing with him, Like I already know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I told the line a little bit, but I ain't even close to Yeah, I ain't coming remote because I know how it iss.
Speaker 3: So I ain't gonna say nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say what I gotta say, but it's not gonna come remotely close to something.
Speaker 3: You can give me a tech. At most you can.
Speaker 1: Be like, all right now again, but it ain't enough for you to give me a tech right.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, I get a tech for for saying travel.
Speaker 1: It wasn't to him travel. I like your travel tech crazy right? Whatever past forward? You know, we we do, We do what we gotta do. We handle our business, ourselves out with a minute or something left, and you know, I have some choice words for him on the bench, you know which, as you see when he ejected me, I just walked out the guy.
Speaker 3: I already knew what time it was. But you know, people want to try to.
Speaker 1: Deem me as like this dumb guy, I'm smarter than you.
Speaker 4: They want to deem me the smarter. I'm way more, way more better control than you, liberally, way more control.
Speaker 3: And so the divine alignment.
Speaker 1: I like, trust me when I tell you I'm way better control of myself than you are yourself.
Speaker 3: And so you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, like, so I'm dumb fifteen The cars are going they all at the last like five minutes, like what are we doing right now? And so I go, you know, my night's over, like I'm done, And I had a few choice words.
Speaker 3: For him, you know, and it was just along the lines like.
Speaker 1: This, your feelings don't work here, like this ain't the place for your feelings, like you know, if if you, if you, if you want to, you know, deal with your feelings, you need to take those feelings back.
Speaker 3: I don't want to deal with your feelings like.
Speaker 1: This ain't the place I got Like I have to deal with my wife's feelings. I don't like I have to put my energy into dealing my feelings. You after the gown't need to deal with your feelings, bro, Like this ain't the place for that anyway.
Speaker 2: Like this is this is no emotional support here.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You gotta hold you on that court, miss me with your feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, get out somebody here, everybody. I got a jump star, I got a jump start on my left. Like the game was one by the time the team got down there. You know, it was a million calls by the time the team got Come on, dude, it was a minute and a half and I got echecked by the time the team got down there. I had two more exercises to do, and literally we did four. I had two more exercises to do.
Speaker 3: With my four sets of five workouts that's how long the last minute the game? And so that did you waste one? Though? Do you feel like you wasted one? No? I got my money's worth on that one. I got.
Speaker 1: The wasted one is me getting at Tech for saying travel like travel. I ain't saying that's a fucking travel I said travel Tech, I said travel.
Speaker 3: Come on. So that's the wasted one, the one one with four. I got my money's work.
Speaker 1: He heard, he heard what I had to say.
Speaker 3: You knew he was on your way out. My job was done for today. You know what I'm saying. I was doing. IM going.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: And then another big story, another big story in the same game was you and Zach Edie. Uh that foul was upgraded to a flagrant one over the weekend. The way I looked at it, he was trying to run and I had to grab him too. Got my foul killed the play? Uh whatever it is? Uh?
Speaker 3: What is it called?
Speaker 2: Uh it's a role the take file that took the take file. You know, but I didn't see. I mean I saw the media. You know, everybody, everybody was going off.
Speaker 3: You know who else didn't see a flagrant NBA?
Speaker 1: You know who else didn't see a flagrant the referees Noumber one. If a play is even remotely close to dirty, remotely close to the line with I.
Speaker 3: Draymond Green, it will be reviewed.
Speaker 1: No question aut If a play is remotely close to a Flagran file, if it even looked like I try to attempt a Flagran file Alla Lebron James. I got suspended for Game five out of the NBA Finals for trying to attempt to take brib because you get off my shoulder, right. I got upgraded to a Flagran file for trying a file that's one number two. So if it is remotely close with me, they go on to the monitor. They didn't even go to the monitor and review it. It was that little, But you got Jankie Taylor Jenkins. It was a softy who who goes out and at some point you the hope to think that we beat y'all in the NBA Final and not in the NBA Finals.
Speaker 3: They ain't getting that, not with him.
Speaker 1: We beat y'all in the NBA playoffs because he was too emotional, and so then his team followed that and they follow your lead and collapse because they couldn't deal with the emotions of it. But they coach couldn't deal with the emotions of it. Bro, this game eleven. You running to the media crying about a foul. That come on, bro, and with your seven three rookie. So guess what you just taught your seventh three rookie how to be emotional and run to the media talking about a file. We're big, We're big man. You don't run to the media talking about a file. You a big man like this. Like, by the way, what you need to learn how to do is learn how to take a hard file. You're a big man. And so you teach your seven to three rookie.
Speaker 3: What you just taught him was.
Speaker 1: How to let Draymond own your mentor because now you just ran and told So now what I think?
Speaker 3: Are you? You gotta deal with that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And guess what's more, it's more, it's more, it's more coming. It's way more. Shenanigan's coming with that.
Speaker 3: Like I like.
Speaker 2: This Golden State, Memphis little Oh hey man, y'all, I do not like each other and I love it.
Speaker 1: And guess what and not liking each other? Do simply that not like each other? You don't run and tell like that's saw. But see you looking, you look into a situation where you get a John Moran who is like other worldly special. And the type of guy Joah Moran is because of the way he raised, where he's raised, he just gonna be loyal to what he thinks he should be loyal to, right Like, So.
Speaker 3: That's the cult of him coming in.
Speaker 1: Y'all gonna be oil to that and gonna ride for him because that's the type of dude he is. He never won a championship, and he don't really know what winning a championship looked like around you, you know what I'm saying, And so I know what winning a championship looked like around you. And in John Moran's situation, loyalty, the way he's raised, the way he cut, You're gonna be loyal to a farm. But it's it's hard to win with a coach that's gonna run and cry about play on the seven three center that just made him touch the floor a little bit. And you got the winning coach in the NBA that's won championship talking about.
Speaker 3: Hey, we need to allow fighting. So you got the winning coach like we need to allow fighting, right right, And you.
Speaker 1: Got the emotional coach that that can't ever really hold it together. Like they can get his team to play harder in the regular season. That's cool, like, but can't hold it together enough to actually do it.
Speaker 3: Talking about oh he broke the code. That was like, bro stop it.
Speaker 1: As we already know, the NBA responds to people and what people think. Then they gaslight everybody and upgrade it to a FLAKA file.
Speaker 3: This is Draymond Green were talking about. Man, this is me.
Speaker 1: If it was flagrant, it's getting caught right there. And if it was flagrant one, it's getting caught flagrant too, right. Sure, this is what we talked about. Gaslight and it's crazy. And then you got Stephen a talking about many people around the league things Raymond be suspended.
Speaker 3: That ain't right because of many people around the league things Draymond should be suspended.
Speaker 1: Guess what, Traymond don't be suspended? Yeah for what you call that, I'm playing too well?
Speaker 3: B Then guess what else? The ratings is low.
Speaker 1: We know, we know Draymond, name Sparks, Bove, we know carries Way, we know guys, you don't get.
Speaker 3: Rate is low and subn's right, mind shit.
Speaker 5: The NFL season's rolling along the contenders are separating from the pack. The one thing that hasn't changed this season is Draft Kings sports book and official sports book partner of the NFL. Are friends at the volume. It's the number one place to bet touchdowns. Fade to the corner of the end zone, running back breaks through the line, gallop sixty yards for a touchdown. They don't care how you get them. They want to bet on touchdowns, and you should at DraftKings the best place to do it. If you're ready to place your first bet. Make it simple. A player scoring a touchdown, just go to DraftKings Sportsbook app. Takes ninety seconds, download it, make your pick. Here's a reason new customers do a touchdown. Dance on your own. Bet five bucks, that's it, and get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets if your bet wins score big. DraftKings sports Book number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the DraftKings sportsbook app and use the code column C O l I N gott to use the code CO L I N get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets if your bet wins betting just five bucks only on DraftKings.
Speaker 6: The crown is yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and Y, or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co. Slash ft ball.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I watched the game. I watched the Warrior Clipper Gay. The game is a lot physical, more physical, and I like. I like the fact that the refs, you know, letting y'all play, people hitting the ground, ain't calling fouls, and so as the game continues to grow in intensity and you cry, you cry or complain about petty shit, then you're gonna always cry and complain about petty shit instead of like fight back all the other stuff that this is a Draymond Green show. He can say what the fuck he wants, but the translation is like, you know, you got a rookie big man that's coming into the league and the league is becoming more physical. You got to allow that kid to like take his bumps and bruises, but to also coach him through like not paying attention to that shit because it's a tricky scale, right when you don't fight back, you know what I mean, and your team can't fight back for you. That has an individual choice of you know, how you take your career. And we don't seen a lot of dudes get knocked down, punked, you know what I mean, fouled hard and be like, you know what, I'm shooting jumpers for the rest of my career.
Speaker 1: That's what you said in your big Man for now. Now you gotta deal with me. And guess what.
Speaker 3: By the way, you crying about a little take foul.
Speaker 1: On the big man. So what he gonna do in turn his cry he's supposed to protect John Morrit.
Speaker 3: You send him up to where John Morritt don't be to protect him. You don't want that. He's a big man.
Speaker 2: Your big man gotta be a big dog, you know, what I mean, he gotta be able to you know, that's why they missed that Steven Adams.
Speaker 3: You know, I still think you missed.
Speaker 2: You missed somebody like a Steven Adams, because you know Steven Adams, he gonna protect everybody, and so you want you want your big dude to be a protector of rim protector, you know what I mean, protect and paint right, but also like stand up, you know, stand up and at least push people out the way.
Speaker 3: Like come on, we ain't doing that today.
Speaker 1: By the way, if he if he didn't come out Bryan for his big man, who then came out crying he's big enough to possibly have food people that he could be a little tough and now nobody believe you. Yeah, this is me talking about it. Now, Joe Ellen be gonna like try to put his chest into the stanchion just to see.
Speaker 3: Like, huh, I think he might be a little soft.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, they gonna try, and now everybody gonna try. Yeah, I mean, I gotta I gotta give a shout out to all the big dudes I played with, PJ. Brown, Eldon Campbell, Derek Come and Anthony Mason, Jamal mcglure you know what I mean all my early big biggs. You know, I go to the old try and dunk people talk ship, I talk ship back and guess what I do, J go run right behind Derek coming.
Speaker 3: I've got you. I won't saying that now, that's what you can who y'all call silence.
Speaker 1: I bet your pass running to the media like, oh they fouled a little hard.
Speaker 3: No no, no no.
Speaker 1: You know why DC gonna handle that?
Speaker 2: Jamal way Glory gonna handle that, you know, And you think about like how people used to file shack.
Speaker 3: They used to they used.
Speaker 2: To jump on shack neck, you know what I mean, like all the way down on the shoulder, regular file Like come on, like, where are we going with this? You gotta have some fortiti, You gotta have some fight back. You gotta be able to push back in this league if you want to have longevity, especially if you're trying to win and they got talent to win. But and I agree with what you're saying, like you don't want to mold your in. There to be somebody that don't take defend himself because he ain't gonna defend or defend himself, you know, down to stretch it again.
Speaker 3: He need to understand, Bro, you a big man.
Speaker 1: Like, by the way, you never see Steve Kerkr go to the media to cry for me. You never see me go to the media and be like, oh man, bro, I get elbowed in the face, which is an automatic flag of file.
Speaker 3: Flakers don't get caught. I get kneaded and.
Speaker 1: I got knee right below against the Dallas Mavericks and ain't no review.
Speaker 3: Guess what.
Speaker 1: I ain't asking for no review, like all of these things happened to me, and gags.
Speaker 3: Jake la Ravia comes across the lane against Memphis.
Speaker 1: Foul elbow to the face they call a defensive file elbow.
Speaker 2: Get run to the media and being like, hey man, he needs to be suspended.
Speaker 3: I don't that. I don't like man, they did that to me.
Speaker 2: I ain't got a technical file and they caught him. Was like, oh, we reviewed, it's a flag ring you out Like that's snitching to me, that's snitching on the highest level. That's that's halloween. And then they used to interview the other player.
Speaker 3: And be like do you think he did it?
Speaker 2: When it takes yes, and it's like, bro, if I got suspended, that means you saying, yes, they.
Speaker 1: Call me when they called me and they like yo, So you think such, I'd be like, Yo, it ain't nothing like.
Speaker 3: We moving forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's kind of out our work. Do you think this will be something in the future. No, I don't think it'll be anything in the future.
Speaker 3: We move forward. These suckers, bro, they be telling.
Speaker 1: And then they and then they want then they want to involve themselves and and Gun what Gun and young thug got going on? No, man, shut up. You told them you told them in basketball? Man, shut up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But when I when when he elbowed me in the face, I didn't run at a rougherree like, Yo, you need to review.
Speaker 3: I told me. I looked over immediately. I just stay on the floor road.
Speaker 1: I looked over immediately to my bench and there a few that's offensive file.
Speaker 3: No, Yo, you need to be Flagran help man. That's an offensive file. That's it.
Speaker 1: Just review that. That's the challenging. That's offensive file. Now that's a flaker. And he got me in the face. Y'all, y'all gotta stop breathing these soft dudes. Man, y'all gotta stop stop making these guys turn out to be snitches and saft and going to tell because you are a big man.
Speaker 3: It does not work be a big man. Jymon, greg him, let him know. All right.
Speaker 2: I was at the game last night, you know, Warrior Clippers. I thought that was an incredible game.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: And you don't have to say nothing about this because I don't want you to get fine. But I do have to say, you play some great defense, bro. And they was giving me some bullshit calls. But overall it was a great game. I mean hard and ball zoobac ball. You was balling, Moody was balling. You know, shots was falling in and out shots.
Speaker 3: Uh. You know, it was a good display.
Speaker 2: And I do like I like the Clippers a lot because I like the way they play, you know, Norman Powell, U ce La, we have some bruins on the court. It was just an overall, like great game. Uh, y'all think y'all let one slip away. But I also think that the Clippers, you know, the Clippers are gonna be a good team.
Speaker 3: Was that the first time in the into it? For you? That was first time into it? You know what's crazy.
Speaker 1: I walked up the wall all the way to the top like the very top I shoot around, and it was a very interesting view because if you're at the top of the wall, you can like you got a birds our view on the court, but it's more so at there there's the screen on the outside of it.
Speaker 3: It's like what you'd be seeing on the inside.
Speaker 1: And so they can watch the wall at the top, like on that big ass screen, which which I thought, on that big screen use paid because I don't want to say big ass because all right, so on that big screen they get to watch and it's interesting. But if you come down like eight rolls, you're now or maybe not even eight, but you're now underneath that. So you can now see either the inside of the big screen on the other side it's crazy, yeah, or you see like or you see you can see the floor and the way the arena is built. Even all the way up there, you don't feel as far from the floor as like a lot of these arenas that's built for like hockey. So if you think about like the arenas that's built for hockey, the bowl because of the ice have to fit, the bowl is further off, which still puts the seats further out. But because that arena is built for basketball. Everything is close. So even if you're in like row thirty, you got a good see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no bad I said that, there's no bad seats in the arena, like the presentation, Like I think the first time I was in the suites, but being on the floor, it's like it felt like a big coliseum.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 1: Omber did this big one with that because they they didn't miss anything. I saw some pictures, like some of our staff had went around the campus and I even saw some pictures of like they're outdoor area, they're sitting area to eat food outside with heaters.
Speaker 3: Like Bamber did this big one on that man that he did.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the into it down to the Clippers man the game, all right, talk to me about the game.
Speaker 3: Ah, we got ye first half. That was that was it. I thought it was going overtime. And personally, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, it's Uh, it's crazy because I had that corner three. But you know me, I'm seeing the floor as the players developed, so I already see Steph across court.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So as soon as I catch the ball, my first I know he over that while open. I should have took that corner three. My mom was like, you should have took the corner three. And you know, I told my mom, I said, Mama, the opportunity will come back. But that's the first time the opportunity has happened this year.
Speaker 3: You have to get the ball to Steph Curry in that moment. That's his moment, Like, that is his.
Speaker 1: Moment shot, that is where this is created. It's the best celebration in sports. And he only can do this with those types of right there, we're going over, but that is Steph Curry moment. So yeah, mam, Like, if I see that he's not about to be open, Ma, I'm gonna take that shot for sure.
Speaker 3: But if I.
Speaker 1: See he about to be remotely close to open, that's his moment. You get them the ball, you know what I'm saying, Like, and he's gonna make something happen exactly. You know, I thought we were still going to go to overtime. I actually even thought GP shot it was right.
Speaker 3: Online that was I thought it was money. But it was a good It was a good game. It was a fun game.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of respect, uh for the way that Clippers team is competing, you know, being down for while losing Paul George and the way Norman pol Is stepping up. And then you know, I just always respect Tylu coach teams. You know, they're gonna have a certain demeanor, they're gonna they're gonna there's certain things that they're gonna do too much the game up.
Speaker 3: You know, Tody Lou is a.
Speaker 1: Mastermind, and so I always enjoy playing against uh Toddlu coach teams because that's a player you're gonna be challenged to do something outside the box, like Tyl Lou in a regular season game.
Speaker 3: Most coaches do this in the playoffs. Ty Lou.
Speaker 1: In a regular season game, ain't letting you get to what you want to do. For most of these coaches in the league, ain't that detail to where during the regular season you can get away with that. Then all of a sudden, guys get to the playoffs and like whoa, this is different. That's because most coaches ain't going into that detail ty Lou. In a regular season game, you know going in you're going to be challenged to do something outside of what you normally do.
Speaker 3: I enjoy the challenge of it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like one time, he'll sit all the way back on me, like, make me take the shot, the any pressure living shit out of me, Like anytime I got the ball, you gotta guard draped all over me like and he tries to play those mind games. And like I said, as a thinker, I love that shit man, because every time you play against him, you trying to figure it out. And it ain't even necessarily got nothing to do with the players. It's the game plan.
Speaker 3: It's chess, man, it's chess. You know.
Speaker 2: It's a sophistication and a sophistication to coaching to be able to make adjustments on the fly, make game, the game adjustments, player the player adjustments, tweak the line up, because you really want to be prepping all this for down the stretch when you gotta figure out. You know, I was talking to someone about, oh, man, what happens with Melton comes back? The Warriors got so much depth, And I said, when you look at you know, the good coaches, they find grooves and waves, right, and so this pocket of five and seven, they gonna get us like three or five wins out of these, you know, next seven games they're gonna give us five out of the seventh. But then the next groove and pocket. I may have to tweak and play eight nine dudes, you know what I mean to get through these next four games, which means now those dudes can can catch a groove on their own. So you're just looking to kind of tweak and and and not. You know, it's like you're creating one car, but you're creating a car to go at different speeds, you know what I mean, and a whole different passengers and to be equipped to like, you know, be be compact, right, but also have you know the flexibility of being you know, eighteen passenger, you know what I mean, I can still drive at speed and pace with everybody on the same page. So you know, sophistication of coaching is definitely like you see, that's why there's the good. There's there's the bad, right, and the people ain't gonna be there. But shout out to y'all, Yeah, shout out to y'allfer you know, claiming, you know, getting off to a good seat, good start claiming the top spot and just you know balling.
Speaker 3: Are you struggling to find the right candidates?
Speaker 1: Maybe you're juggling to demands of running your business and hiring. Whether you need to fill a position yesterday, or are trying to find someone with the perfect skills. Hiring can be tough, I get it, and less face. It's hard to keep everything running smoothly when you're busy storting through resumes. Thankfully, there's a place you can go for help, Zip Recruiter. Zip recruiter does the work for you to make hiring fast and easy, and right now. You can try it for free at zipprecruiter dot com slash draymond. ZipRecruiter is the hiring sight that employers trust the most. According to G two, how quickly does zip recruiter get your job in front of the right candidates instantly? Plus their powerful match in tech helps you find top talent fast, saving you both time and money. Experience faster, easier hiring with ZipRecruiter. Four out of five employers who post on a ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate within the first day.
Speaker 3: See for yourself.
Speaker 1: Just go to ZipRecruiter dot com slash draymond.
Speaker 3: Right now to try it for free.
Speaker 1: That's the same price as a genuine smile from a stranger, a picture perfect sunset, or a cute dog running up to you and licking your hand. Try it for free at this exclusive web address, ZipRecruiter dot com slash Draymond. Again that ZipRecruiter dot com slash Draymond zip recruiter the smartest way to hire.
Speaker 3: Y'all. Y'all really bothering. Y'all got some true ballers.
Speaker 2: And when the Warriors went to I don't know if you know this, when they went to five straight finals, you guys are the most dominant in the third quarter. And this year y'all doing it again. What is it about the third quarter? And then also Draymond Green, it's ten for fourteen from the three in the third quarter. So you know what I'm about to tell you, shoot the.
Speaker 3: Ball in the third quarter, Steve, I'm hot, Steve me Steve now.
Speaker 1: But honestly, I think, and it goes back to what we were just speaking about coaches that can make adjustments.
Speaker 3: Steve Kerr. One of the areas that I seen.
Speaker 1: Steve Kerr grow in as a coach because God think, like I always said, I saw Steve coach as a rookie like a rookie head coach.
Speaker 3: And I've been with him his entire team your.
Speaker 1: Career, and you start just like when you were with someone that long, you see growth. And one of the areas that I feel like Steve grew in was earlier on, Steve couldn't make great in game adjustments. I felt like. I felt like, but once he went to the film, like for like, so the next time we play a team, once he went to the film, you can forget about it.
Speaker 3: Like his adjustment.
Speaker 1: Once he's seen the film, he got it all figured out.
Speaker 3: But during the game, to.
Speaker 1: Me earlier on, it felt like he couldn't necessarily make the in game adjustments. And that's an area, yes, exactly, and that's an area that I watched him become masterful that. And so going into a halftime for us, when we come out of halftime, it's like, you can forget about it, like that third quarter, we're so dialed in on what you've done to be successful in that first half because Steve like diced that up like like that. That's like that break in the action where he get the process and it starts, you know, about five minutes go by here and there going and he come in and he like, all right, they doing boom week And from that point on, we know how to dice up what.
Speaker 3: You're doing and he because he can. He man.
Speaker 1: When I tell you some of the adjustments I've watched this man mate over the course of NBA Finals runs, it's crazy. But like I said earlier, you know we went to the final Steves first year, so you will see those adjustments during the finals, you know what I'm saying. You see those adjustments during the playoffs, and then you started to see the growth and you see those adjustments after a regular season game. We'll go through the film and he like, ah, we should have did this next time, we do it to work. Then you started to see those adjustments coming in game like it was just the process. Just growth, absolutely, And when we come out in that third quarter, but were so locked in at that point because our coaching staff on what you doing to dice it up, and we come out strong, you know what I'm saying. Then all of a sudden, you hit a couple of threes. And for us, us hitting a couple of threes is different than another team in a couple of three because when we hit a couple of threes, especially Steph. I saw who said that, Derek White said, when Steph hit a couple of threes, teams forget how to play defense is a fact. Like Steph hit a couple of threes and then all of a sudden, I hit a three after Stephan did hit two, and you like, yo, what the hell? And I think you know, so I th those third quarters, you kind of get those flurries, and they can break a team the spirit, especially when it's been like we've done this so well in the first half. It's demoralized. And I think that's what's made our third quarter so successful over.
Speaker 2: And reverses the energy. I was watching that in the game and it was like the Clippers were up. Steph hit two threes all time out and then people are like, oh shit, oh shit, and I was like, dude, the Clippers are still up, but like, look how people feel waiting for the next shot, right, And it's just crazy how that dynamic, you know what I mean, Like how that energy of just catching fire and the anxiety that it gives not only the team but the fans too. If you on the road right, you are going to forget about your assignments because the one thing you don't want him to do is get another shot off, which tilts the scale into your favor. So you know, one shot out to Steve Kirk because I think he's a great coach. You know, I just think that y'all so dialed in, man, you know what I mean. It's like, y'all are y'all focus on winning, y'all focus on winning, and the energy that y'all have, the energy y'all got with each other, the camaraderie, you know what I mean, the way y'all communicate.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm excited. I'm excited because I got to see it live.
Speaker 2: Also, we got to give a big shout out to my dog, James Harden, the beard. James Harden passed Ray Allen to become the second all time in three pointers made I think Hardened for me, I think Harden and Staph revolutionize a three point shot, uh one, the way steph did it, you know what I mean, and like that dynamic. But then when you look at the way Hardened, you know what I mean, the way Harden kind of created the step back right and and and really like the three point line was his mid ray shot. Seeing that, seeing the evolution of the three being a part of that. You know, how do you feel about you know one, Stephan Harden and how they play a role in that.
Speaker 1: But the evolution at a three, like you said, I've watched it all happen, uh between them two and also h Clay. Yeah, for sure, Clay help revolutionize that. But these two in particular we're going to talk about is Stephan James because they carried a little different way and how they went about it.
Speaker 3: But number one shout out to Udo man uh h.
Speaker 1: I've had many battles with him at times where I hated him, he hated me like like we battled, and that's how it is when you are battling for something special and we always met trying to get to the NBA Finals. And honestly, James Harden is to Golden State Warriors away from probably at least three finals and three other on top of the one he had with Okay see three other NBA Finals appearances. When when James Harden had his Rockets teams, the only team in the league that could beat that Rockets team was US in the Cleveland Cavaliers. There was not a single other team in the league that could compete with that Rockets team.
Speaker 3: And it was.
Speaker 1: All predicated on James wiggling, shooting the three and kicking out to people. When you talk about revolution and revolutionizing a three point shot before James Harden, a step back three was a scene like you weren't shooting step back three's before James Harden. He got so good at the step back three that Ricky Rubio wants guarded him. Ricky Rubio did not guard the man in front of him, He's still behind him and guard them and just forced him to the rim so he couldn't shoot a three that was wild. Just like the only other person in the history of NBA that has been guarded with that type of extremeness is Steph Curry. Right, some of the defenses that I've seen be thrown that step, like every possible coverage you can imagine.
Speaker 3: I've seen be thrown that step.
Speaker 1: The only person remotely close to that is James hard He's seen traps, he's seen triple t's, He's seen a guy say, hey, I'm just gonna let you drive into the pain, but I'm not letting you shoot the step back three talk about revolutionizing something, and so to see step too exactly am And when James said now I'm number one, Steph is different, I felt I know exactly.
Speaker 3: What he was saying. What he's saying it.
Speaker 1: What he was saying in that moment, listen, and I agree with him wholeheartedly because I'd be looking at the listen I think the same thing. James Harden is Steph Curry away from being the best shoot three point shooter we've ever seen in the NBA. But Steph is so far ahead of everyone else that what James was saying is like, no, man, don't even put him in this category. Just let me be number one at this category because what he do and some totally different than any of us have ever seen, any of us may ever see again.
Speaker 3: What he do is totally different. So I'm number one.
Speaker 1: He's somewhere else, and I I wholeheartedly actually agree with James states Steph is not number one.
Speaker 3: Steph is in Yeah, he's different.
Speaker 1: It ain't even like there's the galley there and there's three point shooting.
Speaker 3: Became number one at that.
Speaker 1: I would love to see where Clayton would have been in that had he not had the two and a half years off, where he would be in that. But James is number one, and man well deserved because the way he starts shooting that ball and the way he does shoot that ball. Man and it was hard threes. It wasn't like are threes many, no open threes for that man, all like the only biggest opening, the biggest open three he's seeing is he created the space and somebody with way over there sure and he's just standing there like, oh my god, my defenders out away from them like man. So I have a lot of love and respect for what James has done in this league.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: To have those battles with him has been like special and it's great to see him. Man shout out to James. Congratulations, well bro, well deserved. But let's get around the lead before we get out of here. Beat d got the row, I got the role, So let's dive round the lead before we go.
Speaker 3: We got a Celtics versus Calves.
Speaker 1: Game tonight, and I think my question to you is it's that uh preview of the Eastern Conference Finals. What you got what you're thinking? I mean, look, I like that. I think they the top two teams right now. I love the Calvs. I love the way you know, the back corner is playing.
Speaker 2: You know, they just got good talent and I think for for the versatility and the talent, is gonna be a great matchup right, because you know, Donovan Mitchell and Jason Tatum, they got issues and ball you know.
Speaker 3: They got they got their own little.
Speaker 2: Issue, you know what I mean, which is like their little rivalry, you know what I'm saying. And then I think that, you know, Darius Garland and Drew Holliday is an awesome matchup, you know what I mean, so talent wise, and the way that Cleveland has been playing is a lot like Boston was playing last year, and Boston is playing like championship pedigree. So I'm excited to see this and I don't and I think that those two teams are in a class right now of their own as everybody else is trying to figure themselves out in the East.
Speaker 1: So I definitely agree with that the East and Shambles and those two class those two teams. I do think Orlando Magic would have had a little bit to say about the gap of where they sit had Paulo got not got hurt. But where they sit right now in the East, they sit far apart from everyone else.
Speaker 3: Donovan, But.
Speaker 1: I think with with what's going on with or not even what was one, I think when I stick a step back and I look at what's going on in this game. I see the Cleveland Cavaliers just rested Donovan Mitchell against the Charlotte Hornets a couple of days ago to get ready for this game, and so they're taking the seriousness. Is an NBA Cup game number one. Boston already lost an NBA Cup game, so you gotta expect them to come out fire and guns plays. They also hear all the talk of everybody get excited about the new kid on the block and the cab right now. They got Kenny Atkinson, who I love. Shout out to Kenny and what he's done with that group. They got Kenny, He's gonna come in. He's brought a different system. And I'll tell you where I disagree with you a little bit. BD. I feel like they're playing like those old Warriors teams with the ball movement, the extra past, which is also a lot like the Celtics last year. But they remind me a lot of Warriors teams from back in the day. And with kavs, rest and Donovan, the Celtics need to win.
Speaker 3: I think this is must CTV tonight.
Speaker 1: I will be locked in and I do think that this is a preview or the Eastern Conference Finals, because I don't think that another team in the East.
Speaker 3: Can compete with those two teams. Everybody talk about the Knicks.
Speaker 1: I don't believe, and so I think this is a preview and I'm looking forward to watch it.
Speaker 3: All right there, it is what we're gonna see.
Speaker 1: And that's a rap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show with Baron Davis. By the way, if you see a picture of me from last night's game, just know I rocked my Club five twenty all Black Air Force ones with the with the with the white shoe laces.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the guys that.
Speaker 1: Club five twenty much louder them fellas over there, Jeff Tigue and the guys doing their thing.
Speaker 3: That's a rap I got y'all later from The Draymond.
Speaker 1: Green Show with my dog beat Deep.
Speaker 3: Had the subscribe button. We out the volume.