Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hour two on this Wednesday, Pizza Wednesday morale is high ish. Maybe doesn't sound like everybody is sold on free pizza round here? Well, Todd, I know, isn't you seem to have that? Nuh? I don't know about this menu too.
Speaker 3: I'm extremely excited about the first two, especially that gumbo sausage shrimp. I'm assuming or whatever's gonna be on that. But the classic cheese again, it's the kicking the field at the one.
Speaker 2: Okay, you run down the menu officially, Dylan. Dylan's right there next to you. He's the one making the pipe and.
Speaker 3: I like to insult him to his face like that on National Radio TV. Classic Cheese Pizza. Come on, what are we doing here with the third pizza?
Speaker 2: Get a little squirrely? Okay, get a little squirrely.
Speaker 3: I gotta stay in my little space.
Speaker 2: Run down the menu, Dylan. It's like Todd doesn't know I can hear him or something. We've got a Cajun gumbo pizza, a hot honey pepperoni and bacon pizza, and Todd's famously wonderful classic cheese pizza, iconically classic cheese pizza. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: By buddy? Yeah, well didn't sound that way first hour. You guys just taking for granted here. I just threw in a pizza Wednesday. Rectech sent me the insert for the grill, and we're making pizzas and somehow you guys can complain. Yes, Marvin, who is you?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 2: Todd up?
Speaker 5: You stopped you stop right there, just Todd. Three dan nets have an attitude of gratitude? Who the other one.
Speaker 2: A blue gratitude of gratitude? Yes? Boy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this is good pizza. Remember when you're in college free bad.
Speaker 2: Pizza was great? Yes, Dylan, Yeah, I mean I didn't originally want to do it without you, Dan, you know, I don't like to do anything without you. But Todd insisted. He was like, who cares that Dan's not here? Dude, pizza?
Speaker 3: No, it's fine under the bus?
Speaker 2: No, no you hey, look I can live vicariously through you guys, just like the audience does for meat Friday. So it's pizza Wednesday. Yes, kind of like Paul brought up, is pizza when it's bad, like bad pizza is still good? Is it the best food that even when it's bad. It's still like this is all right.
Speaker 3: M man.
Speaker 2: I think you got a point there that I mean, it is pizza, like you can find some redeeming value quality to a slice of pizza might be good crust. Uh, maybe you pick off the pepperonis or sausage. Feels like you can salvage something out of that, yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it does feel like serviceable pizza is fine, but like barbecue, when barbecue is dry or not done, well, that's not good.
Speaker 2: What about breakfast kind of feels like, you know, with eggs, bacon, pancakes, you got toast, you can kind of salvage a breakfast. I don't know if there's a bad breakfast, yes, dying. Yeah, Like even if you're at a holiday and and you do the continental breakfast there with the powdered eggs and the buckets of grease, essentially, it's still like kind of hits the spot. Yeah. Uh, probably because the night before and you're like, h I think I need something in the morning here, Yes, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: For me, cheeseburgers will be up there, Like I.
Speaker 2: Think you can't screw up a cheeseburger.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. The cheeseburgers that are better than others.
Speaker 5: But it's not one where it's like, as soon as I take a bite and it's not that great, I'm gonna stop eating it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, doing yes. Sometimes Actually there's a situational element to this too. Sometimes that like totally over cooked cheeseburger with nothing on it at a barbecue or something hits the spot even more. It's like a bad sandwich by the pool. You know, I'd put up there with pizza a hot dog. Yeah, you know, hot dogs are usually like all right, you know, it's hard to kind of screw up a hot dog, but I put it up there with pizza. That all right, what do you got pizza? What do you got hot dogs?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul, Yeah, I agree on that one.
Speaker 6: If you go to a ball game and someone hands you a hot dog and it's lukewarm and you got some mustard, it gets it done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's pull question for hour two. Dylan. Well, Dan, also really quick, I got a submission from the back room. That's a tacos.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hard tacos. Ooh I disagree. Oh you think that it can be stale? Well, I just I think I like the soft taco better. I look happy with either. But the hard taco shell you end up. It all ends up stacked on top of each other, so by it kind of falls apart and you're only getting a bite of lettice by the end.
Speaker 3: It's a disaster.
Speaker 2: Really, Okay, what's the poll question? All right? Fast food?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Thoughts on Jay Flowers getting a thirty five million dollars a year deal from the Ravens. Like it, love it or hate it? Well, he's just the next in line. But do I want to pay him thirty five million a year? No, but he's their number one receiver. The Ravens don't have a history of drafting good receivers. But if you said, I can have Z eight Flowers for thirty five million, he had eighty six catches, twelve hundred yards, six touchdowns. Twenty nine million will get me an All Pro right tackle Darnell Wright. Twenty two point two will get me Bjon Robinson. Derek Stingley is making thirty million. Tyler Lindenbaum, a three time Pro Bowl center, twenty seven million. Tristan Wurf's two time All Pro making twenty eight million. Penny Sewell three time All Pro right tackle making twenty eight million. I can get better players for lesser money. By the way, Alec Pierce makes twenty eight million dollars a year. He had just over one thousand yards last season but paid twenty eight million. I think he's injured, but that was one of those wait twenty eight million. I remember when the Niners they signed Brandon Nayuk and I go, oh, that is a mistake. That is a mistake. But they probably thought, you know what, let's keep it all together here, let's try to win a Super Bowl. And if that's the case, then I understand that I just don't want to pay Brandon Nyuk and it's turned out to be one of the worst deals in recent memory. But Zay Flowers is good. I don't think on most teams Zay Flowers would be year number two recips. But on Baltimore, you know, he's gone from being a B B plus player to an A minus in how he's paid other receivers in the same paper. So you could have Za Flowers or T Higgins t Higgins twenty eight million, you could have DK Metcalf or Za Flowers. That probably takes a Flowers. Terry McLaurin making thirty two million. I like Terry McLaurin. But Jamison Williams making twenty six and a half million, Christian Watson and Courtland Sutton are making twenty three million.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: These are these are good players making great money. I mean there's Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase. Now you can put Pokin the coup up there. Now, what's he gonna make. He gonna make forty million dollars a year? Right, If Zay Flowers is making thirty five, Kua is gonna make forty. He'll probably be four years, one sixty something like that, Yes, Paul, Yeah.
Speaker 6: And Puka's first four years with the Rams were four years at four million dollars.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I also saw this story. All current season ticket holders automatically entered into a random drawing for a promotion with the Akron Zips football team. The Zips announced the unique promotion on Tuesday, in which the winner gets to script the opening drive of Akron's home opener against Robert Morris on September twelfth. Now, there's some fine print here, because I do believe that the head coach gets to consult with the winner. Because you know what's gonna happen. First play, you know, ball goes into the end zone. Bring the ball out. First play, you're gonna throw a bomb. Second play, you're going to throw a bomb. Third play, throw a bomb. And then you decide you want to go forward on fourth down. I don't think you want to go as scripted there, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: Right, No fans going to win this contest and say, hey, you know, coach, let's establish a running game on.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 6: I'm on go zips dot com and there is a yeah, always Dan your zips. The head coach will have consultation on all play calls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's wise. Does he have veto power? That's what I want to know. I remember President Nixon suggested a play. I think it might have been for the Washington Redskins in the Super Bowl, if that sounds right. But that this was back in the early seventies. Where was George Allen the head coach back then, and I think he was suggesting a play. Richard Nixon fancied himself as a big football fan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paul, Yeah, I got it from the New York Times. It was December twenty sixth, nineteen seventy one, the NFC Divisional playoff game Redskins Niners. President Nixon called George Allen on the phone and suggested a flea flicker flanker reverse play.
Speaker 2: Well, boy, did they run it?
Speaker 6: It appears they did. According to The Washington Post, the Redskins ran to play from the eight yard line in the second quarter and it was a thirteen yard loss. They lost twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight, seven to seven. Three DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com Twitter handle and DP Show stat of the Day. Brunt to you buy Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. Great response once I gave you the right address to send your yearbook photos high school yearbook photos. We're gonna let you be the month of December for our DP Show calendar. Send them in the worse the Better DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com. A chance to be featured in the DP Show calendar once again. DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com. Thursday Night, NFL Preseason, It'll be the Panthers Cardinals Hall of Fame game Thursday on NBC and Peacock Robert in San Juan, Hi, Robert, what do you have for me today.
Speaker 7: Hello Dan North, San Juan, California, five eleven, three twenty five, First time anytime, nobody. Thank you for the telegram. Best caller to the show. James from Virginia, R and B group that was missed War and a plan for audio malfunctions. Dan, You're too valuable to be left out. When the audio malfunctions, Fritzy gets relegated to the kitchen, you get Fritzy's chair. If Dylan, Paully's or Marvin's audio goes out, Fritzie gets relegated and they get Fritzy's chair. Fritzy's audio goes out, you don't fix it.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about that? Todd?
Speaker 3: I usually get that kind of stuff from trip, But now I guess everyone's hanging up a little bit here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but don't you like this? Yeah? You were just talking about making fun of my my daughter's fiance.
Speaker 3: As I'm making fun, I just said, how hilarious. So maybe not. It would be if he had a weight problem and he said, I'm not losing a door, I'm getting a ton. I think that's really funny.
Speaker 2: What if that happened to you?
Speaker 3: It would be mortified and it would be just horrible, horrible thing.
Speaker 2: Then why would I do that to me?
Speaker 3: Because the kind of a joke about it. If it happened to you, and then you could describe the whole mess that you created, and it's good content.
Speaker 2: Okay, But if your wife her dad made fun of you and said, hey, you know, I still should always be my daughter, but now I'm gaining a ton we probably have a.
Speaker 3: Little chat after. Do you really think that was on our big wedding day? Did you really need to make that?
Speaker 2: Do you think it's funny if I say this about my son in law.
Speaker 3: I kind of do. Yeah, I'm not taking credit for that.
Speaker 2: I heard that at No, no, no, don't take credit. I didn't make a built. Yeah, it's not funny. Eric in La, Hi, Eric, good morning. What do you have for me?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Dan, Thanks for taking a call. Wanted to thank you. Actually, I think it was six months ago to the day that Bo Jackson came on and he talked about prostate cancer, and that actually lit a fire under me a little bit, and I followed up and found out I had prose cancer. And it's six months later and I just had my blood test and I'm cancer free. So there's a lot of things you do for us, and you know, just the mental being of being able to listen to you guys chop it up, and it's just always a great way to start the day. But I got to go a little bit deeper in that, and it was six months ago, and I'm going to be back out on the golf course here pretty quick. So I just wanted to shout out and say thank you very much. And I'm sure you'll do it, but you know, I'm sixty seven years old, and guys, go get your tests and take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I tell people, don't wait for somebody to tell you, just go do it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know everybody gets caught up in the finger test and you know, yeah, it's not comfortable, but you know it's not comfortable. If you get prostate cancer, go in colonoscopy, all of that stuff. Don't wait because somebody said, oh, you're fifty, go for a colonoscopy. Don't wait. You don't need to look. I'm not a doctor, but I'm telling you firsthand things that have gone on with my family or friends that I have and it's something very simple, and they all say the same thing. I don't know why I waited, so don't wait. And forever grateful to Bo Jackson because when he came on, we had no idea that he was going to tell us that he had had prostate cancer and that he was a survivor. And that was the first interview that he was going to do at the Super Bowl and he chose to do it with us. So I appreciate that. But I said to him, you don't know how many lives you just saved. And we just hear from Eric, and I'm sure there are many many more. Let's take a break. More phone calls coming up. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app.
Speaker 2: Hey, It's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: And in addition to hearing us live week nights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day all.
Speaker 4: You gotta do.
Speaker 3: Search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again.
Speaker 4: YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR.
Speaker 2: Check us out on YouTube and subscribe. I'm doing manly things today, Yeah, up in Maine. You want to guess the manly things that I'm doing today, Todd? What do you think I'm doing today that's manly?
Speaker 3: Something with your pontoon boat that you're fixing or pinking, or just something that's not right that you're gonna try to fix yourself with a boat.
Speaker 2: Okay, you wouldn't paint a pontoon boat, but okay. Uh. Dylan splitting wood and periodically looking off into the distance.
Speaker 4: Marvin building a car engine from scratch.
Speaker 6: Paulie, I'm also guessing chopping firewood for the season.
Speaker 2: I have tons of firewood already chopped. But I'm going to take the pontoon boat out. I'm gonna do a little fishing and then come back and then I'm gonna get in my side by side my atv oh and take it out and give it a spin a little bit. Got a friend who's got forty acres so I have room to roam, yes, Todd, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I could do one of those street takeovers that they do here in Connecticut with the kids, just block off the roads, driving like crazy and they're at ATV in I don't know. Just don't do that because like it blocks the roads off and people have to go back to it.
Speaker 2: We don't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not right, police.
Speaker 2: This isn't motorcycle todd it's side by side. It's an ATV.
Speaker 3: So who's gon who's gonna be in there with you?
Speaker 2: I think my wife.
Speaker 3: That's a fun thing.
Speaker 2: She's gonna do it. She's gonna go fishing as well. She's probably manly here than I am when it comes to not being She wants to go hike the Appalation Trail when I retire. She wants to do that, she said, wouldn't that be great? I go no, four months walking? No, So I think she might do that. She might go Appalation Trail. Yes, Dylan, she wants to do the entire trail. Yes. Yes, she wants to go from Georgia to Maine.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I said, how about I meet you in Maine? Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 6: The Appleachian Trail, two tho two hundred miles from Springer Mountain in Georgia to Maine takes approximately six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said I would walk with you and then go to a Marriott and stay, you know, like I would do that along the way. Yes, you're gonna hike the Mini Bar. Oh, I've hiked that many times. I planted my flag on top of the Mini Bar. Yes, Dylan, you could Rosie Ruisa and met her for the last like half mile at the mount what is it mount and that's the end of it and just say look, yes we did it. Yeah, yes, but I would have to have a makeup artist make it seem like I have been on the Appalachian Trail.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yes, she wants to do that. In fact, there's a portion of the Appalachian Trail that's somewhere Maine in New Hampshire where it crosses, and she wants to go there tomorrow just to get like a test drive of walking the Appalachian Trail.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul, would you like me to find a chunk of the trail that's all downhill?
Speaker 2: But it feels like if I started at Maine and that would be downhill to Georgia. It is on on the map right, you're going downhill? Todd.
Speaker 3: Is that how it works psychologically? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, well, mains mains all the way up there, and I'll walk downhill.
Speaker 3: To Georgia that way. Its a lot eas.
Speaker 2: Gravity will take you down. Yeah, yes, do the Have you been up the mount where it ends? No? I have not. It's supposed to be a nice view from there. Yeah, but I just said, look, you can't get lost. I can't do this wedding without you if something happens to you on the Appalachian Trail. But I think she's going to do a portion of it tomorrow while I do the show. But that's manly stuff that we like to do up here. Brooks in Florida, Good morning, Brooks. What do you have for me today?
Speaker 3: Warning?
Speaker 11: Dan, I had a couple of quarterback questions for you. I was curious. I know Baker Mayfield has said that it's all ball from here on out, but if the Bucks approach him with a third year, surely he comes back to the negotiation table, right and with Kirk Cousins and Fernando Mendoza, I think we all agree it's best if Kirk Cousins starts the season, but it's inevitable that Mendoza is going to be in there. So at what point do we think that happens if Kirk's playing good, And what point do we think that happens if he's playing bad.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're you're gonna be fair to Kirk Cousins that you want to try to win games, but at some point you're gonna realize you're not making the playoffs. And maybe they already know that, but you still have to give the outward signs of we're trying to win. Kirk Cousins gives you a better chance. Let Mendoz sit there. There's no rush. It's not like you're Mark Sanchez going to the Jets and you have a playoff caliber team and you're like, all right, let's go jump in there and go toe to toe with Peyton and Tom Brady. You want Mendoz to ease into the lineup. Maybe he's going to be a guy who starts seven or eight games this year, But I don't know what's best case scenario for the Raiders when it comes to how much he plays this year. And Baker Mayfield, if you give him a third year, I don't think he's as offended. But I don't know what that is it three years and is it going to be one hundred and fifty million dollars. Can you get that done guaranteed? Probably trip in Vegas, Hi trip, Welcome back, Hey.
Speaker 12: Good morning, DP. It was good to speak with y'all. I had a few things for you about you, or for you maybe about your wedding making you a little crazy or soft. I got thirty examples here in the last week or so. One of the wizards. We already know they're not going to be anything better than the highest paid witness protection program. And then Wednesday and Friday last week you let Fritzy get away with misbehaving and still eating what he wanted. And then yesterday you talked about how you would pick somebody up at half court on defense, and we all know the only place you pick up half courts are stop stopping shop in Milford.
Speaker 2: Thank your trip is picking on me, Todd, just letting you know it's.
Speaker 3: Nice to spread the wealth a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Todd just sent me an article that you can paint upontoon boat. I can't, I won't, but thank you.
Speaker 3: I was just curious, doesn't it sounds like they could eat special materials And it's just I don't know where you're going to find some of the things that you need for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't know about a pontoo I don't know what.
Speaker 3: You barely know what a pontoon boat is. I know you have one and you go on.
Speaker 2: But they're aluminum. Yeah, they're aluminum. I'm guessing you maybe there's corrosion and things like that on the bottom of the boat. But I'm glad you did a little research today. It had to do with a pontoon boat. I wasn't laughing ton.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes, pontoons are the best. It's not having a couch on the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can ram into things, It's okay.
Speaker 6: Well, well I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean if if there's things to ram into or I'm not encouraging you know, the Merrimac and the monitor here, Yes, to.
Speaker 3: Do you're banging to the pontoon boats like make bumper cars out of it, like what it was amusements?
Speaker 2: No, you don't know, you don't. Yeah, I'm doing Would your neighbors agree that you can ram into anything? Well, I'm talking about my dog. Yeah, so when I come in and I might bump some things. Know, I'm not banging into other boats. But but you know, if you do, you know those things are they're built like tanks. Nate, La, Hi, Nate, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 13: Dan to pile on Todd There was a lot of hostility and excuses in his confessional. But yeah, a few things. One that Chris from Syracuse is still listening. I'd love if he wrote a book about the history of the DP show. Two first Super Bowl Week in La I suggest I'd like to suggest doing the show from the open air rooftop bar at the Intercon Intercontinental Hotel in downtown LA. It's actually sem seventy three floors above downtown. And finally, I love my wife.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Nate. Did he say he loves his wife? Is that what he's Nate might be in trouble there, Thank you, Nate. I've been in that that hotel. I think it was there for my daughter's graduation that we stayed. It was a little too high for me. Yeah, yes, Don I would.
Speaker 3: Hope they'd be an express elevator because expecting guests to go from the lobby to the seventy third floor, it show it'll be over by the time they get to the.
Speaker 2: Chair always find in the negative.
Speaker 3: I think that's an important thing. Show up an hour early because you got to go up seventy three flights.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think it's that. It's you start on one and it goes up seventy three.
Speaker 3: You know, people press the buttons to be a joke, eleven, fifteen, thirty four. You know there's always that one kid that'll do that.
Speaker 2: Probably you probably, yes, Paul, of course.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 6: I'm on the website for the Intercontinental Hotel in Los Angeles. The Express elevators goes one, two, five, and then to floor seventy beautiful.
Speaker 3: Dang, hey, you go the Intercontinentals in play.
Speaker 2: It's in play for us to do our show.
Speaker 9: Why not?
Speaker 3: I thought it was gonna be like, oh my god, seventy four.
Speaker 6: It's actually listed as the second fastest elevator currently operating in America.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's take again. Do you have number one checking? Okay, the fastest elevator, I think Hotel high Rise elevator. Yes. Do you want to be on the fastest elevator? I think it sounds dangerous, Yes, Dylan, I feel this might be a legacy pick. But the Empire State Building I usually take the steps. Really, No, if you get there early in the morning, I'm told that they allow a certain number of people to do the steps. But I don't know what kind of qualifications you need. But I have a friend who went there and got there a little later in the morning, and they said that they let a portion go up climb the steps early in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, Todd, what do you mean qualifications like you gotta take a physical within two weeks of tempting this task of climbing up.
Speaker 2: Well, I would want to know who's going up the steps, and if you come in with a walker, I'm gonna go Yeah, probably not.
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 2: Has anybody been to the top of the Empire State Building? Oh, Fritzy and Paul I didn't walk it though, Well, no, I knew that. Why is every one of your answers funny to you?
Speaker 3: I did the statul liberty thing. What those very small circular steps is that winding thing? You know? It wasn't a great payoff at the end.
Speaker 2: No, that was uncomfortable in the statue of liberty, liberty, liberty, liberty. But you're kind of going through this maze. It's not like, hey, you know, we're walking up steps and this is really comfortable. There's no escalator there, no give me the elevator give me death.
Speaker 6: We had the answer for you, Dan. Currently the fastest elevator in where New York City one World Trade Center.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, so the New World Trade.
Speaker 6: Ye fastest currently in America elevator.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh Moe in Arizona. Hi, Mo, welcome. What do you have for me?
Speaker 10: Born Dan Den that's Marvin guy. Get you credit on that. That attitude for gratitude, that's awesome. I gotta start using that one. But got hit the pile on Fritzy. But going back to the quarter you guys are talking about in the rankings and all that stuff, I wonder why Montana doesn't get as much credit as he should. I get it for Brady, but people put Marino and Elway above him, and correct me if I'm wrong. He beat both of them in the Super.
Speaker 2: Bowl, Yes he did. I think Joe had such a good team. He had the greatest receiver of all time, had one of the great offensive minds as his head coach. I mean, those Niner teams were great, But so I think the same thing with the Steelers. Terry Bradshaw gets less credit than Joe Montana does. And because hey, anybody could a quarterback, those teams. Well, that's not the case. Terry did have some big playoff for ferformances, and yes he had Hall of famers at wide receivers, Hall of Fame at running back, offensive line, arguably the greatest defense, the Steel Curtain head coach Chuck Noll. I understand all of those things. But Montana came up. Now, they were winning Super Bowls, they were blowing people out. But the game against the Bengals when he throws the touchdown pass to John Taylor, game on the line, two minute drill, and Montana let him down and used Jerry Rice as a decoy and threw the touchdown pass to John Taylor. Jeremy in Ohio, Hi Jeremy, how are you good?
Speaker 14: First, I want to clarify, like Nate, I love my wife as well. I don't know that we're doing. I had to clarify that every time we called it, I do. And Second, I wanted to give an anecdote for Fritzy for a ledding. I could picture his father in lawsie something like this. You know, I lost my intestines in the war, so I have a colostomy back. I'm losing a daughter, but I'm gaining an a hole as a son in law.
Speaker 3: Wow, dark, that one's by a goalie there, that's something I might have hit the dump button for a few.
Speaker 2: The dump button. I see what you did with that tunt unintentionalus.
Speaker 3: Try a cleaner version of Crohn's dis easier where you would think for that.
Speaker 2: Rodney in Hershey, come on this show scripted, Dan, this show scripted. He's from Hershey. Come on after that phone call? Hi, Rodney, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Good morning Dan? Uh five seven one sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I am from Hershey.
Speaker 8: After that episode. Got one thing for you, Hey, your wife might not want to travel the Appalachian Trail. I hear people go missing from that every year. So I don't know that would be a wise idea to do it by yourself.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want her to do it by yourself, but I don't want to do it with her that amount of mileage there. I don't know how I could get somebody else to step in for me. And maybe she has a girlfriend that would like to do it. I mean, it's not one of those Hey, you know what I'm thinking about? We learn a language or something. This is two thousand miles of walking. Paul and Raleigh. Hi, Paul, how are you?
Speaker 15: I'm doing well, Dan, Dan, that's the background with y'all. How y'all doing great?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Great?
Speaker 15: I love the pizza Wednesday. I just had a quick suggestions for Dylan on and for pizzas breakfast pizza. You put in a little bit of sausage, bacon and scrambled egg on top of her so it'll cream sauce. Go down on that ractech grill in the pizza oven.
Speaker 2: And Fritzy stay in your lane.
Speaker 7: Take a five cheese pizza slice.
Speaker 2: You might like it. Hey, thank you, Paul. There's suggestions for next Wednesday. Pizza Wednesday. By the way, Next Wednesday my last show before I go to the wedding. Just let you know. And Tony Reality from Around the Horn is going to do Thursday and Friday. We're excited about that. Haven't had Tony around in a while. Always loved his enthusiasm and uh, he'll be hosting on Thursday and Friday while I do the show Wednesday and then I fly out and get ready for the Wedding of the Century. Yes, Tom, we call.
Speaker 3: It Around the Man Cave Nichol, there's in Friday. Do we changed the name of the show for two days and I love that one. Just stay in my lane, round the horn, around.
Speaker 2: The man, Go ahead and laugh at your you think you're the funniest guy in the world.
Speaker 3: Around the man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you to Yes.
Speaker 4: Marvin appreciate he should stay in his lane, but just not the left lane.
Speaker 3: Oh oh callback yeah, all worked up again by that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna take a break. We've got more phone calls coming up. Top of the hour. He was the bookie for show. Hey, Tony's interpreter among other clients. Uh, we'll talk to Matt Boyer. He'll join us top of the hour. Take a break back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Mad news for the Falcons. They have lost Jalen Walker. He has a torn acl done for the year. You know, these are times when you look and you don't really notice the guys who aren't in the skilled positions. You can get a tackle that like the Bears locked up their tackle Darnell right, he's very good. You don't really notice these shining I do because you look at these teams and they're built from the inside out. You're looking at the offensive and defensive line. But to lose Jalen Walker, He's a really good young player and they can't afford to lose anybody on defense. But Hall of Fame game coming up tomorrow, Carson Beck against Kenny Pickett. I'm looking back on Carson Beck. I think he won thirty seven games in his career in Georgia and Miami. I don't know where that ranks as far as wins, but I know since two thousand, Carson Beck has the fifth most wins by any starting quarterback in the last twenty six years. Now, I'm trying to think who would be up on that list. Is it anybody who played five years? Carson Beck? Did he play five years? I know he was at Georgia and then transferred to Miami. Yeah, Paul, I have Carson Beck playing six years.
Speaker 10: Dan.
Speaker 6: Technically he was on the Georgia roster for five years and then he went to Miami. All these records are in the COVID era because like Bo Knicks had an extra year, Jaden Daniels had an extra year. Lots of guys like that, But we're checking on the most wins as a starter.
Speaker 2: Who would be that guy in the last twenty six years, so since two thousand, the most wins by a college quarterback? Marvin ken Dorsey. Was he there two thousand though? I thought he was drafted by the Cowboys in the nineties.
Speaker 5: Now ken Dorsey was a part of that one national championship team.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 6: I wonder how Jalen Hurts is on that list. A lot of wins with Alabama, a bunch of wins with Oklahoma. He don't he only played four years, but I bet he's up there.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dylan on the Bama train. AJ mccheron, Yeah, I mean, you have to have at least thirty seven wins. Who else, Pauli.
Speaker 6: Jalen Hurts had fifty one wins, Kellen Moore had fifty at Boise States, all back, oh, Tim Tebow forty eight wins at Florida always winning, Dylan Gabriel forty seven wins for UCF, Oklahoma and Oregon. Those are a bunch.
Speaker 2: Jalen Hurts has the most wins since two thousand by a college quarterback.
Speaker 6: That's what we have right now. We're double checking.
Speaker 2: Which quarterback has the most wins all time college quarterback. I'll give you some time on that. Zach and Knoxville. Hi, Zach, welcome back, Hedp.
Speaker 9: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 7: I'm just here to stick up for Fritzy.
Speaker 16: I don't appreciate the slander that's been sent his way today. And in honor of Tony Reality hosting the show, I think that asks how you're doing You're Dan Patrick, we know how you're doing.
Speaker 2: You're doing great. Just hang up on them or to mute button your thoughts. Well, we used to have a call screener and he would just basically say, don't ask Dan how he's doing. He's doing great. Just get because I don't even like doing that with guests. I mean sometimes I will, but like I want to get right to the topic, because if you're not doing well, you're probably not doing the interview. But hey, how you doing good? How are you doing okay good? I know that's the pleasantries. And some people will come on and I'll get right to the first question and we'll go, hey, great to be on the show, and then I kind of feel bad that I'm getting right to the topic. But you know, this is whole time sensitive. I don't want to waste your time or anybody else's, and so I don't always do THEE. Hi, how are you? How are you? How's everything going? Fine? All right? How about you fine? Grant and Charlotte, I Grant, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 3: DP?
Speaker 8: And Honor being quick?
Speaker 13: I'll sure.
Speaker 11: Hey, if you guys are going to do that boss and trail, there's a lot of a lot of practice. It's pretty brutal. I mean, three or four months hiking back to back days.
Speaker 8: Just do it, but it's going to be brutal.
Speaker 4: Have fun.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to practice walking if I'm gonna be walking. But once again, I'm not doing the Appalachian Trail. My wife is the one who is talking about it, and you know, she said, oh, it'll be four months, and I go, well, wait a minute. I'm reading all these things, you know, these forums, and they're talking about six months. And she goes, we can do it in four I go, I can't do it in a year. Yeah, Paulie, see you have to come.
Speaker 6: Up with a better alternative, like how about walking the coast of Italy?
Speaker 7: Hun?
Speaker 2: There you go, that's nice. Yes, Dylan, you should also get credit for a time served for having done that bike trip from floor New Orleans, New Orleans. That was Atlanta to New Orleans. Yeah, six days riding bikes in the summer from Atlanta to New Orleans. Oh my goodness. And I never rode that bike again. Packed it up and it's hanging in my garage. It's just there. It's a reminder. My wife goes, we should bring the bikes down, and I go, no, we're not doing that. Tara in Pennsylvania, Hi, Tara, Hi.
Speaker 17: I wrote a book about hiking the Appalachian Trail because my friend Steve writes hiked it, and I goes, wrote the book for him. But it took him nine months. He got five broken bones neuura virus COVID, So your wife might want to read it before she heads up to the trail.
Speaker 2: Why did it take nine months? I guess with the injuries that he had to jump off the trail to get treated h then to heal a.
Speaker 17: Little bit with nouur virus in COVID that took another healing period. He was the last guy to cross the line in twenty twenty three, so.
Speaker 2: Did he go Georgia to Maine.
Speaker 17: Yes, he did. He did, and he raised twenty six thousand dollars for Sloan Cattering for breast cancer research because he was hiking the trail to heal from the grief of losing his wife. You have to have a good reason to be on the trail because it's so challenging that you're attempted to quit.
Speaker 2: If you don't, is it I don't know if I use the word easier, is it easier to go from Georgia to Maine or Maine to Georgia.
Speaker 17: I would say it doesn't matter. The main the miles in Maine, like one hundred mile Wilderness is really daunting. There's a lot of like bogs, and you're on the trail for a long time, so you're carrying a lot of food. I don't know if you want to get that over with first or if you want to save it for the end.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Tara. You pulled up the book, PAULI. Yeah, it's called The Weight I Carried m m for a good cause. Alrighty top of the hour. Dylan is in the box by the way. Matt Boyer he is a former bookmaker and he was the one who took the bets from Shoheo Tani's interpreter. He'll tell us about that right after this