Speaker 1: Man, you already know. Man.
Speaker 2: Today we got the great Tony Allen win us today in KG certified.
Speaker 3: Yes, get it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: What what you been doing to kill it?
Speaker 1: Right? First? T first? T kill him?
Speaker 3: Man, tell me your thoughts from Doc Rivers Man?
Speaker 2: Where you shock when they fired him? What's your thoughts when you saw that?
Speaker 3: It was kind of shocking at first?
Speaker 1: You know, we got a winning records. Yeah, one hundred and fifty four wins, eighty four lost or something like that. I just think changed hard pretty much threw him under the bus thing. Yeah, when they asked him that one question, oh yeah, and that interview was kind of shaky. As soon as I saw that interview, I was like, yeah, Doc, Doc probably on his way. But more so than anything, we going on resume.
Speaker 3: Man, he'll win her. He's approven winner.
Speaker 1: He's been definitely been my inspiration coming into the league. Father, like one of those coaches slash fathers give you the real off the court. He's gonna give you the real on the court. And I think he pretty much tough notes. You know, you tough note. A lot of people can't take that, you know what I mean. Guys like us, we take that and they fire us up. You know a lot of guys, you know, it go the other way man, And I think that's what that's what position here in.
Speaker 3: Do you think you can get another job somewhere?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? He said it in his in his exit me. You know, I got a winning record.
Speaker 3: Let's throw that out that first.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got a winning record. So yeah, man, I'm pretty sure somebody around but I think in this today's league, he probably might have to soften up a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know, be more, be more.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you doing? Brother?
Speaker 3: You okay?
Speaker 1: Today? You know he might have to be one of them type of guys a little floor, yeah, man, because being being tough nose on him. Man, you know how Doc is, he could he could get frustrated at times. And you know that's what it is though, ta man. You know the schedule, man.
Speaker 3: First off, I was shocked, Yeah, I was shocked.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought Philly out of all teams straight up from where we come from, Philly, let's just go back ten years. We're making ten years up. Matter of fact, five years. Nobody wants to think right, Well, man, Philly came out of a dark place of losing a bunch and then waiting on him beat and then losing some more. Or the Kawhi shit was a gut punch, you know what I'm saying. And culture, man, culture, I don't think today's owners, I don't think really understand or or management in today's world, especially in sports. No one wants to wait on anything. Everybody want instant gratification if it ain't one in two years, you know. And I felt like what Doctor was trying to at least it appeared to be trying to established some culture there, you know, like when you think of Philly, you come in there, you play the seventy six, and you used to already know you play a They was gonna be tough, you know. Coleman, you had, you know what I'm saying, Tyrone, you know, you know, Matt Gott you had, you had an idea of of what you were stepping into or what kind of you know, and he would I felt like, you start to shafe with that, you know, and be, you know, being MVP this year, taking another step, being responsible playing I think, having a responsibility to himself, playing a lot more.
Speaker 3: At least it.
Speaker 1: Came off like that.
Speaker 2: I was, man, Joe, I was mad from the perspective of you got to give coach a chance to be like something on the stove. Man, it's got a similar it's gotta it's gotta turn, it's got to curate.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: And I just feel like, man, the management gave just gave up too soon. But I sit back and I look at you know what the free agency looks like for coaches. You got money, Williams out here, you got Nick Nurse out here, you got budget. It's a lot and two. Phoenix to me is a Doc River style team ready to Doc is a winning coach. Now, I think if you get the right pieces with a guy like Doc, who were there with players that like that are in Like you got stars like Booker, you got stars like Katie. Now you got stars like CP. You got eight non that Doc is a great person for eight. That's what I'm thinking of out of him. I mean, I think Doc can understand. You know Docs man, You know Doc, I had Man, and I see Doc like nurture all of us, from yourself to Baby to Me, to Peed to Perk to Ron to Rondo, like come on, bron bro, like like you know, like we all had our challenges. And I just think that I'm thinking about the aiding part and to be able to come out of where he's you know, agent's gonna need like some experience to come grab him and take him out of us and take him into a new part and then get real excited then come back into the season. He's gonna have to have someone in his life to kind of reintroduce the love and the fun of basketball. And then I feel like here he'll bring a better product to Phoenix next. But I'm in my head thinking about what should have, could have, would have. But at the same time, I'm also thinking about the free agency of all the coaches. Have you ever seen a free agency like this of an abundance of really good coaches?
Speaker 3: Can you remember?
Speaker 1: No? I mean I thought winning was everything, you know, and today to today's league is more so, you know, the players getting the opportunity to be the voice, you know, and when you got a guys like Nick Nerves, Mighty Williams, you know, they they they resumes I certified, But how they connected to the players.
Speaker 3: Right and right and and and it's it's it's the winning.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you look at it now, there's so much imagtry going on with the fashion and all us playing the part of today's game. It's kind of it's kind of weird to me. But if I had to go with Phoenix and in the Doc fit, I would agree to that. Like I like that one as well, cause you got Kevin Durant. You know, he understands he want to ring. You know, g a a coach like my I mean coach like Doc who's actually been to the Promised Land. He had cats like yourself, you know, guys that want that love the game.
Speaker 3: And yeah Cep as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so these guys, these guys are are are fuel to win. And I think you buy in with the right system, you know, and and Doc do a good job of putting guys in places where they could they can blossom, you know. And uh with with a cat like Booker and and and I just like you said, like you said the other day, I think we talked, and you say, uh, they need a four to six seven.
Speaker 2: They need they need a four to six sale mate, they need a bench, dof they gotta get a benched off this Phoenix. There's worst places to live. You can get a bench.
Speaker 3: Man. I did tell you they need a I thought that was a funny thing.
Speaker 2: See shit, you know what I'm saying, But they do. They need a focing sale mate, straight up. But I want to see Doc if anything, you know, shout to Doc May. I thought they did a great job of getting those guys ready. And yeah, you know, the better team won and it is what it is and you got to keep on moving and uh, they got to live and learn from this. And I'm sure Doctor end up somewhere at least, I hope. So with all the opportunity, with all the opportunities that's out here for all the coaches to pick, Like, what is the most attractive job right now?
Speaker 3: You got?
Speaker 2: You got the Phoenix job open, Joannice doesn't. I mean, Giannie is a superstar. He doesn't have a coach right now. Booker doesn't have a coach right now. Katie ain't got no coach right now, and b he ain't got a coach right now. Like what's the most what is the most enticing job comes to having that one superstar?
Speaker 1: You won't obviously if it was me. Honestly, I'm looking at the bucks. I'm looking at a guy who's gonna who's gonna lead by example, I'm looking like I'm looking at every guy like gonna hold everyone accountable. I mean, if you look at this this series, you know, if he don't get hurt, I don't think we ain't even looking at the Miami, you know what I mean, and things of that nature. So if the sexiest job to me will definitely be the Bucks.
Speaker 3: Man they did not think about Docs in the Bucks, definitely be the Bucks.
Speaker 1: And you know it too.
Speaker 3: Doc loves superstars like gans.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like he uh, he will, he will, They will gravitate and connect on the whole other level. Has a bit of an old school to me when he has an old soul at least at least he feels like, at least it seems when he's around or whatever, very dedicated, very dedicated, and he holds everybody accountable. Man Milwaukee, you don't see him trying to work out in the summer with everybody be cool. He got that old school type mentality on him. And I think Doc can coached that man. That's that fit right up his alley. You could talk to him. I don't know if do want to be in that cold like that. You know, Doc trying to definitely dog gonna run the Phoenix running Milwaukee, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, Booker, Booker book ain't bad either. Can you curate book book a book of one of those cats to who's who seemed who seemed like impressionable? Yeah, like he gave you that, he gave you that. I'm here, I'm here the win. I ain't here for all the other stuff. I'm here the win. Now. They ain't even get money a whole season with KD. Man and that was and I thought that was kind of shady with the new management. Got to figure new management coming in, they cleaning house. You know. I was part of one of those situations in Memphis, Orlando Hollins. He came in. We were a ceed. We beat the one seed, uh, the Spurs. They had Mono uh, Tim Duggan, all those guys kawhi. You know, we end up beating those guys. And I thought it was coach Hollins who instilled at uh the motto of the grit.
Speaker 3: And the grind, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And before you know it, when new management came in, they was like, hey, we go in another direction. And that's how he became you guys, coaching brook coach.
Speaker 3: It was all him.
Speaker 1: Man, I can remember times, you know, he kind of reminded me of Doc, you know, to where you know it was time. I remember, I remember this one series we were down two against the Clippers. It was then two against Clippers, this is going to the Western Commerce Finals made and he came in the locker room and he pretty much got on everybody here, z Bo, you know, I need you to get the rebounds that matter, not not not the ones to help you that. And TA they not guarding you out here? What are you gonna do? Mike Conley, you got Chris Paul punking? You Mark, You're not the bonus out here? What are you doing with all this passing? I need you down that block. And when I tell you guys took that to heart and was like, you know what, we're gonna respond. We're not gonna shift off and go the other way. And this all started from our first ship being together with knowing that we could we could actually win in this league, beating the one seed, you know what I'm saying. And when we got to What's com Finals, I just felt like Doc was that I mean not Doc Coach Hollas was that grint and grand piece to spark us man because we fed off of his scolings, we fed off of his his energy, and when he wanted it, we wanted it just as much as he wanted it. So those type of coaches I think, you know, I think Doc got that same kind of feel, and he belonged in Milwaukee if you ask me, though, that's just me. I don't know.
Speaker 2: When you when you look at both dynamics state they go together. I think Money would be actually good in Philly.
Speaker 3: Money has a past in Philly. I actually like Nick Nurse too. Man.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know, I actually like Nick Nurse when he had Kawhi because now you see him have a superstar and how to I don't want to say how to micro manage, but yeah.
Speaker 3: I was, I was.
Speaker 2: I was a bit disappointed in I thought would continue to make some major, major majors and he just I don't know if he peaked out. I don't know what it is, but yeah, yeah, I like Nick Nurse and his coaching. I think he's good for the younger generation too. You know, these younger generation wants to let me cook. They want to be you know what I'm saying, exhausted ball and all that and he's with it, but he puts it in the style to where it seems like it's fluid throughout.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would like to see all those guys have a landing spot.
Speaker 3: But yes, it should be. It should be good narratives for the summer. Man.
Speaker 2: We should see what you see and then you know, it'd be great to be able to ask him this. But I wonder how long Doc wants to coach. You know, he's bus in the game for well, I think he's I think he won another ring, man. I think because a lot of a lot of the situations that he fell out of, I don't think he really got fast shots, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And this this time around, I think that's gonna end it out one time with another powerhouse like he had with us.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think that that'll fit him well.
Speaker 2: Man, I mean, but man, man's three man, three years? Like come on, man, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Like? Like?
Speaker 2: Man, it's it's this instant gratification. I hate this ship man straight up, because you can't because you can't build nothing in the instant, you know, like three three years to kill him?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, no, take your latch Man.
Speaker 1: I can remember, like I said, playing with the Celtics, you know, having that rough season, tearing my knee up, and Doc looking at all the young guys and then you know, throwing away to pick coming to get a big ticket.
Speaker 3: Man I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: They actually gave him time and he had a longevity in that and that you know in Boston. So I mean it's just take. It's gonna take an organization. Like they say, trust the process. I don't think they trust that process coach. They trust the presence big free agency for these coaches. Though normally you hear about the big free agency for for the players. But this I think with these coaches, with these winning records, it's gonna be a big free agency for them.
Speaker 3: Have laying the spots. Fire seller.
Speaker 2: If you are James Harden, he has a player option, you know what I'm saying, And yeah, he got a chance to do you know, test the free agent. He wants another big deal. If you are, if you are advising him, what are you telling them?
Speaker 1: I'm looking at James Harden like this, man, what you the major market?
Speaker 3: You made your money.
Speaker 1: You definitely one of the top fifty players in this game. You can change the game.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Anytime the league have to take out rules for you not to elevate. He birthed all the stepping backs left and right the reach. Remember he was getting doing that, We was doing that, but he took it to another whole other level. So now you look at that and like y'all pretty much did everything. I have been All Star Game and have been All NBA. I think it's really time to trust to stay with stay with that team. Man, you didn't. You didn't went over there and changed your game, led the league and assists and it can't be about the money this time. And then I've been here and talk to him going to Houston and rebuild with the young guys. I don't I don't think if you, if you go that we out. I don't think he seees about renting the ring.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 1: But if he's stay over there with MB, the dude speaks out and saying, you know what, I'm trying to do something over where I'm trying to I'm trying to put this on my resume. I need that goal plaque on my resume. And looking looking at his career, man, you can't take nothing from him. You can't take nothing from He put a lot of work in this league, man. So if it's me, I don't think he gets the backs. But I think you should be willing enough to say, hey, y'all get some more pieces in here.
Speaker 3: We do something and be get healthy.
Speaker 1: I come back, more in shape, more better in my game, you know, and I think we can get something done here.
Speaker 3: But you give him three four year deal. That's the hard part. You know.
Speaker 1: I never want to, you know, take them from nobody's pockets.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: But if he about team and winning and he could sit down with the organization and you know, get that money, you know, and put it, put it to the point where you know, I deferred, get some more players in here, you know, try to you know, try to try to do something for the team, to let it be understood to the world that you want to go win.
Speaker 3: You're trying to win.
Speaker 1: And because the perception on you right now, like I say, honestly, if you go to Houston, it's gonna clear out.
Speaker 2: Say you about this money, man, James need to win a ring to solidify it.
Speaker 3: Mmm. I believe so, I believe to stamp it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just for him to to him to be as one of the greats, to be talking about as one of the greats, I believe he need a ring league.
Speaker 3: So like I say, you got a.
Speaker 1: Lot of cats who've done big things in this league, but don't get that conversation, you know what I mean, if you want that conversation when he's done playing.
Speaker 3: I believe that ring of stamp and.
Speaker 2: You don't hear too much about James Harden being his effect on this generation. And when we go back and we break the science up where like the old guys start getting mad at the young guys. Is when James Harden started putting out footage of him stepping back with the lone leg and doing something that stepping over, he didn't hit me with that.
Speaker 3: Lord, he got the Orthodox he brought he is.
Speaker 2: He is the father of the Orthodox style, and the whole generation of basketball has converted over.
Speaker 3: And then Janni's, Janna's has probably had.
Speaker 2: The euro since he's been in the league. We forget jana Is in the league, like what four years in the league.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. He was in the league for a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember remember few good games against saying, then all of a sudden we leave the league. This whole group of people leave the league, and then all of a sudden, these players blossom into something else.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, you never hear James Harden's name in the birth of this style that we're in. But yeah, he's I want to I want to stand for master, grandfather of all this or the step backs or the awkward. I don't even call it awkward. I'm just calling an orthodox. That's what you know, Because Dirk was Dirk was on some of the same some some of the same style off the one leg step to the left. You know, we've been talking north south so much that when somebody goes east west, you're looking like what and the degree of difficulty in making these shots, that's what another month for go. Don't understand, bro, Bro, you take a step back, that means you got to get the ball even more up and over the rim when you're going backwards. But yeah, that's that's just a basketball engineer in the science too.
Speaker 1: Like you know, he's getting older too, So I'm saying getting older three year deal. He didn't get over a three year deal. That's what I'm saying, like a three year deal, understand it. See where you're at. You know, get Joe l some time. Yeah, you know, I ain't really good at gym numbers, man, but put your gym hat on right now. Put your own hat on that with he gotta put your own him take a three year deal. But he got to pick up that option. You know, he took a pay cut on that deal, you know what I mean. But you can decline it, so I get it. The option is thirty five. Yeah, talking about this year's option, it's thirty five. I give him. I give him a three years one twenty. But man, that'll put him at thirty seven at the end of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's raped.
Speaker 1: That's the window right there.
Speaker 2: That's it. But yeah, I think he gets a deal. I think he stays in Philly. If you're a smart man, he's with probably the best player in our league or top two man, and you can rock that bro, and he's you know what I'm saying, he's determined that that you're your best player is determined, so you can ride that and and he can get your ring. Put some more pieces around here. He can he can get you to a ring. So yeah, I don't know, but I can't wait for the summer to get here already, man, the narratives already set up to be to be what they are. So yeah, let's stay let's stay tuned, and the Spurs get the number one pig. Were you shocked? No, I wasn't shocked. I wasn't shocked.
Speaker 3: It wasn't either. You know what's happened.
Speaker 1: Look, I got I got one for you, Pete Killer.
Speaker 3: You know what we didn't mention that one time last year the Spurs.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to see it anything, nothing that they won't play on the Spurs team right now.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I don't even know the uh uh what's tires? What's tires? Last night? Jones?
Speaker 2: Jones, he has a brother. I think that place for the Spur that's my best one. That's apologize and Johnson kid. Yeah, yeah, he's nice. I like that kid, Right, I apologize to the Spurs nation all that shit, right, fuck it right At the same.
Speaker 3: Time, man, nobody they kept up with that.
Speaker 1: And they started off remember when he started off strong? Yeah, and then they fell.
Speaker 3: Off right right right, right strategy.
Speaker 1: The Spurs are the sneakiest.
Speaker 2: Listen, Pops, he slid out, chillis out of that right and.
Speaker 1: Boom when they got the number one pick.
Speaker 2: Actually, I thought our therapy and I sat here one time and thought, uh, women in Yanna, if I message whole name, I apologize Victor. I'm gonna call it as Victor hit man, right bro. I thought he was going to Charlotte, and then Charlotte got down to two. I was like, oh, Ship, what his surprise? What you shocked that the Spurs got the number one pick.
Speaker 3: I definitely was surprised.
Speaker 1: But you look at you know, the Spurs history and drafting those number one picks. Man, I think I think that's a good landing spot for him.
Speaker 3: I think they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna teach him the great part about professionalism, teach them good nutrition. I think they gonna teach them how to belong, the insight of longevity.
Speaker 3: I think all that.
Speaker 1: Coach over there does is they just groom well pros like good good pros and couldn't no other place he probably want to be in his first year, you know what I mean. You don't want to go nowhere city too big, you know, you get used to the night life.
Speaker 3: You want to go nowhere.
Speaker 1: You know, you wanna go somewhere where it's all about basketball and I think with those championship banners that's in there, it give him a good ceiling to reach, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna be inspired. Timmy's in the area he can pull up. Yeah, Pop is around that. The Spurs coaches one of them coaches that you know when you talk Celtics, when we always talk about you know, Lakers, when we talking about you know players, older players. The Rockets got a great coach of the Bulls got a great culture, but older players coming back. The Spurs, you don't really hear too much about their culture, but they have a very very very deep winning culture in its habits. And it's similar to how pat Riley kind of grooms you when you come to Miami. Miami, pat Rolly grooms you a certain way to be able to live and play in Miami.
Speaker 1: Would you agree with that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You know, you know right away what you can and can't do in Miami.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's why players are successful when they go down and they play hard, they have a culture.
Speaker 3: Spurs are no different.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I think I think this kid, Victor is, like you said, man, perfect situation. San Antonio is like a It's like a big small city. You know what I'm saying, It closes early and ain't too you know, obviously it's it's a city and they got great fan base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's gonna learn quick too, man.
Speaker 2: And like you said, man, they're so used to the having the number one type prospect like this. It helps that Tony Parker has continuity with us. I think that's gonna help a lot. He has a lot to be able to give to him in the city and now and then too, I watch I see TV playing a big party in all this.
Speaker 1: It let it start getting weird, and you know, cause you gotta go.
Speaker 2: Through some you know, some some battles and ups and downs in peaks and valleys. You go start seeing that brotherhood step in and that big brother coming in, you know, keeping the motive, keeping them motivating, and then just telling them, hey, you know what I'm saying, Like you're gonna see some of that some of that cognuity come in and help him with that. But yeah, it's impressive about his game though he he could, he could put.
Speaker 3: It on the floor.
Speaker 1: Do you start at the point That was my question, like, man, are you gonna position him at the three the four or the five. That's the question. That's the new question. You know, normally then those seven foot guys coming automatically put him at the center spot. I don't know if he can guard because you gotta turn around. You got a guard.
Speaker 3: Now, can you guard a three?
Speaker 1: He long is ship like God damn like look and everything. I really got to guard that. You switching on the pick of roll all the time. You can't be a three. And then you're on the right side of the zone.
Speaker 2: And we like this and you know what I'm saying, he's seven seven playing the three man being man.
Speaker 3: I saw him hug Rudy Gobert. He looked, he looked boying him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's skill set is at all time. Yeah, I'm eager looking. I want to see him in the summer. I want to pull up on them work out. I want to see the workout. You know, to workout, tell you everything you know, especially in the summer time. Ain't it ain't it ain't the whistle, It ain't summertime. Summertime.
Speaker 2: One of them, Grover, one of them. I'm not to call Joe Bullers off. I have to call an impact Joe right, Joe b got him.
Speaker 3: I know you.
Speaker 2: I know you're working out. I know he's working out somewhere. Yeah, you know what certified? Find out where young fell at. Man, We're gonna pull up on him, check him out. See what you okay? So the Portland Trail Blazers have the third pick. The reason why I'm bringing this up out of anything is because they probably have one of the biggest assets of the league other than James Harden. And I'm not familiar with the free agent list right now, but if and when this player and Damian Lillard ever hits the market, he will be the most probably the most off the player.
Speaker 3: Right you agree with that? Yeah? I agree.
Speaker 2: So if you're Portland, you're still trying to build around this, right. If you're Dang, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Man? You out of that?
Speaker 1: Killer, I'm definitely out of this. It's about town. They aim to go and get them some some hardware.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: If I'm him, I'm going to link up with two stars somewhere like Philly. I try to force my way in Philly.
Speaker 3: Man. So that means you gotta take a pay pay cut. You gotta dam have made.
Speaker 1: A bag already, man, Like these cats were talking about to May over three hundred something menion, Man, I mean not even talking there endorsment.
Speaker 3: We ain't pocket watching or nothing.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, if the ultimate goal is to win the championship and put that on your resume, man, I don't see why not. Man, And I use you as an example, big fellaw. I mean you made a bag yourself. I mean, just to look at the opportunity for yourself to be in Boston. I mean you've been on that. You've been on that.
Speaker 3: Man. I looked at it too. Man, it's time for him to chase. It's time for him.
Speaker 2: To get on because he's gonna look up and three four years is gonna be going.
Speaker 3: It's gonna take you two years to lock in with something. What years this for Dame? What year is this for Dame? Let me check. I think this is eleven or twelve, right, it's getting up there. It's not eleven seasons, eleven next season. So it's time come on, man, it's time to it's signing the lead.
Speaker 1: It's this contract. Me.
Speaker 3: Let me just mention he has one, two, three.
Speaker 1: Four years or five more years left because his new contract kicks in and it's forty five million and forty eight million, then fifty sixty three million. Y'all know how today's game is. If you're one of them guys, you could you can force yourself anywhere. Man, and with this being the perfect time to do it, while they got to pick so high.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's so.
Speaker 1: Many teams that's that's willing to take that pick. And with the with the options you got out there, you got to catch what school h Henderson. You know he's a he's a hot commodity. You replace that with that. You know, you got a lot of got Brandon Miller from Alabama.
Speaker 3: It's time for you to start over though.
Speaker 1: I mean, Poland need to Poland need to sit down with Dame and Dame need to get somewhere and well he can win, man, I want to see him win. I done had plenty battles with him, so I know what he capable of doing. I know he capable of getting fifty at any night.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: If you are if you are Portland, what do you do with the pick? Do you trade the pick or do you actually try to you know, you do you trade the pick and bring in whatever, see what the value is of that. Try to bring in something to help him or do you is it time to move on just to start fast?
Speaker 3: I mean I believe so.
Speaker 1: You look at what they brought with him last year, you know, and they didn't pretty, they didn't do too much nothing last year. We don't have to script about what four or five years now. Yeah, and it's looking like, yeah, this gonna be the same thing, Dame, if you if you stay, who's who's excited to run to Portland?
Speaker 3: Player wise?
Speaker 1: I don't think there's too many plays after that's really round to do that. So at this point, with the w with the way the stars get the chance to, you know, push theyself and force they self places and and Potland old 'em. They're right, poland Portland know he's been loyal this whole time. I think they are willing enough to say, you know what, if you wanna get somewhere, dang, let us know the place and we'll do anything in our power to help. I think he got that much respect.
Speaker 3: Think so yeah, I mean, Dame time right, he do not want enough?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I wanna see him go somewhere. I wanna see him go somewhere and play and play for one and play for a couple of shit, just because of the work and his body of work and what he's done for the league.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I hate that we even gotta, you know, even talk about this, but it ain't there's some big brother shit man, or what's your uh? If you if you're pulling up on ja and you seeing what's your first you know, you know it's crazy, you know that. So before we start at this, I'm not hit to defend anything. But whenever I hear anything, I always think of there's two sides of everything, right, you know what I'm saying, where it's always two right.
Speaker 3: Anyways, So the.
Speaker 2: First thing I thought was when I saw him with the gun, I thought, Man, why.
Speaker 3: Is he carrying a gun?
Speaker 2: You know, like that's the first thing I thought, Like, Man, it's something in his personal life got him rideled or something.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know, I went there and I'm thinking to myself, like, there's no one doing this. He's doing this, man, And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, I know the culture.
Speaker 2: I know, I know I know a lot of young boys mindset these days and what the culture is, you know what I'm saying, and how and how everything is outside. Yeah, I just want to know your thoughts on what you thought when you saw when you saw a young fella in the video and stuff, and if you poured up on him, what would be the conversation. First thing, First, I definitely tell them, you know, the guns, and I'm definitely not you know, one of those things you play with obviously, you know, I'm assuming you know he's in Memphis, you.
Speaker 3: Know, first forty a city, I believe.
Speaker 1: I just I just think if he got that fear of holding a gun, I think he should be in much need of security, you know. But it's the new millennium thing. I'm assuming, you know, being excited around your friends and you know, just just that excitement with the new contract. You know, I get it, I get all that. But more so than anything, you gotta be, uh, you gotta be properly playing in your movements and when you out and about man. And if you definitely think you need a gun or you need places to go that you need a gun, might not need to be going to those places. And I say that from experience. You know, I didn't been in the fast shal of things myself that I wish I could take back my self, you know, So experience is the is the best teacher. And I think about him going through all this, He's definitely gonna be able to, you know, have a movement that's in a better guided situation.
Speaker 2: People leave making a xamp out of him.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's been it's been broadcast on all the websites and all the you know TV shows, as we see they campaigning half a season. Definitely a chunk of money being lost. And this is definitely gonna be a humbling experience for him. It's his reaction to all this gotta be more so in action, you know. Obviously, he gotta get the right people around him. That's I know that sound cliche, but more so than anything, you need some cats around you.
Speaker 3: That's gonna let you know.
Speaker 1: When you when you, when you're wrong, when you bogus, when you when you pretty much need to, you know, be a man about certain situations, and a grown man at that, you know, and uh, a lot of this immature acts, you know, it's just comes from you knowing, being wealthy, being being young, not.
Speaker 3: Knowing, not knowing.
Speaker 1: Nobody in his family has been here, nobody nobody, I mean he probably he is the ass paid family members. So it's like he's the boss. So a lot of people just ain't ain't giving them the right right guidance to, you know, tell him about itself. That's something.
Speaker 2: This is when I think the league needs the big brother Big Sister program right here.
Speaker 3: Mmm feel me.
Speaker 2: This is when I think the NBA and the w NBA needs the big brother. And this is what I think the fraternity and the sororities are for real shit Like it's nothing like hearing it from the old g You ought to see when Jordan's sit down.
Speaker 3: He ain't got all us right here and we might talk. Man might be talking so much.
Speaker 2: Man, you you will forget your day or you will forget your schedule, and you'll be so locked into what what Bro saying that you.
Speaker 3: Just, you know, you forget.
Speaker 2: And I think it needs to be one of those situations where I think when young people have more access around the big brother or the OG or whatever they consider to be their influence, someone that they can listen to, someone they can take a script from. Cause a lot of these kids, I'm just gonna be a one and we're hunting about it.
Speaker 3: A lot of these kids that don't have a script.
Speaker 2: And what I mean by dad is that this is their first time being outside this, they first time having something like this and their dad and they mom too, So they don't know what they doing. They just doing whatever the the agent is suggesting, whatever.
Speaker 3: They think is clever.
Speaker 2: And you know, you damn then think you were untouchable until you went into situations like this or when the og pull up that's been through this and being able to sit you down and talk about you know, and take you through the whole script, then you look at it different cause then everybody wants to take it back once it's.
Speaker 3: Done, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And he has a luxury of being able to survive this, but more portly, I don't think he's thinking about what he is the corporate Joe, uh w what's what he's actually his actions is costing him like real shit. I'm not saying they gonna do this, but if they wanted to, man companies put language in the contract.
Speaker 3: For shit like this.
Speaker 2: This is how they I didn't even say leverage you, but this is how well. It's one thing John needs to understand. Bro, you don't get to pick and choose when you wanna be a professional, young fellah. You took the When you took the hat and you put it on, and you stamped and and he shook up.
Speaker 3: And he gripped you.
Speaker 2: That was your that was your firm, That was your I don't even know what the word is, but y'all knowing in my mouth, y'all know what I'm trying to say. That was him saying to the world that, yeah, I'm ready for this step and taking in that step as a professional. You gotta do better. You gotta put yourself around better to do better. But more importantly, I think the lead needs to take this example and set up the ambastionionorship around the league universally. And it needs to be European player. I can come in here and talk to other European players and get script. It needs to be players that come in here. They used to have a great program and then I don't know if the league still has it, but we used to have this two guys who should come in and talk. It used to be my favorite program used to be Dirk and yeah, what's what's up? Why am I going blank on the other cat's name?
Speaker 1: Dirkin?
Speaker 2: It's not missed, right, big fella, big father, I'm going blank on the names. But these two cats, these two cats will come in they saying, they saying all type of ship they they talking how me and yeah, yeah yeah, And you know what, man, it was the most impactful conversation. And they weren't superstar.
Speaker 1: The best part of the meat was them, was them and everybody's pete.
Speaker 2: The league got so smart that they would give us, not to call it bullshit, but they would give us all the ship that we didn't want to be that for in the beginning, and kept them last. And guess what when they sat there, didn nobody move, did nobody get warned, did nobody eat?
Speaker 3: Man? When Dirk and man?
Speaker 2: Why am I going blank on? Now I'm going blank on these brothers. Now apologize these brothers. But these brothers helped a lot of motherfuckers. And now I was in the lead for twenty years, and these two did the program every goddamn time, every mother fucking time.
Speaker 1: They did it.
Speaker 2: They did it with passion, and they spoke to you like this. Now I don't know where they at. I know they got older twenty years. You know, they was already older. They was already there was already knucklehead older. But man, they were so much great inspiration from the script that you didn't have, So yeah, you was able to relate.
Speaker 1: You was able to relate to him because they would come in and they would tell you straight up how you would how you would be the approaching a day off, how you would be hang coming from being hungover, trying to come play like they would. They would break it down and say, were many segments of a pro. And it's like, yo, you get all this opportunity as a pro and you think you low doing that, but.
Speaker 2: You think he'll know what you're saying. He's speaking right, but he's speaking right at you like the gospel. But then he starts they start throwing scripts. Hey yeah, hey, do it like this, like this woo and if you don't have no big brother, let's just let's just be real. Nobody in Josh Camp has ever been here, so everybody that's talking is really their first time talking. It sound good, but ain't nobody had been through none of this, So you know what, it's time for some outside influence to be able to come in and just help. And I just hope that he seeks some some real help from someone that's been here and not so much of the generic pharmaceutical help that's been obliged to you. I hope actually a TA or an AI or mofucker who's been through this, bro. Man, that's why I say AI A man. Ain't nobody AI t A. I'm thinking about, you know, I'm thinking about people that actually been through some shit and can actually give real script. That's what I'm talking about. So excuse me if I'm if I'm getting a little passionate shit. But man, I wish, I wish I'm fellow all the best man, I hoo adam silva doom. I mean, you know it's it's, man, I fucking hate this whole kind of the way it's gotta go or the way it's looking.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, it'll be a.
Speaker 1: Hear hearing it, hearing hearing.
Speaker 3: It whole season like that's that's that's a lot.
Speaker 2: But I see what they're doing because he's trying to send a message to the rest of the league this ain't this ain't the move and we ain't cool with this.
Speaker 3: And then too, Bro, they're trying to they're trying to get in to him.
Speaker 1: You know, I thought and I thought he the face, Bro, he was the face, the new face, like he was the new face. He was the new face. I see these kids, they got you know what I'm saying, They got the you I'm sayings going with the color for everybody, everybody, and everybody doing this little dance right here.
Speaker 2: Everybody and in the fifty in the yard. You know what I'm saying, Body in the yard, like.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm like, oh, yeah, it's where we at.
Speaker 1: It's where we at. You know.
Speaker 3: Steph Curry had.
Speaker 2: The light skin, curly ham, pretty eyes in It's the job nation now bro until us.
Speaker 1: And I think I think this summer gonna be a big summer for him.
Speaker 3: The mature watses.
Speaker 2: I think he grow up responsible, you know what I'm saying, Cause you know what, you're gonna have to have some backbone to take this forty real shit. M might up, Joe, You got to you got to have some real backbone and and you it's gonna be a process and you're gonna have to be you know, you're gonna have to be motivated, cause it's gonna be forty games that you got to sit on inside and just watch. And you gotta still be in shaping. You gotta as soon as it's forty old day, expecting you to come in here and then be able to go. So yeah, your whole process gotta be on another level. But I'm wishing your fella all the best, man, John. If you need us, man, reach out, man, have some money from your camp.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It ain't nothing, man. We're all in this, bro. So you know what I'm saying, wish you and your family well, real shit.
Speaker 1: My dude, Man, I reach out to his dad every day. Man, I ain't gonna I tell him. Hey, man, I'm in y'all corner. I'm around you know here. If you need me, call me. You know I've been through hey being c some of everything of what he trying to portray, you know what I mean, And it could get rough, man.
Speaker 2: And you know this's ain't it, bro. You know, work your ass off and get away from shit like this prom You know what I'm saying. You supposed to be Italy somewhere with the finest girl out here.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to be, you know, seeing how how long you can hold your breath in the Mediterranean and some shit.
Speaker 3: You know you're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: You know, you know you're supposed to have the three forty of us. You're supposed to have the four hundred foot out here. You're supposed to be living on the Mediterranean for like six days, going to you know, Monaco, to south of France or something. You're supposed to be having a firm crew underwater, like you know, shooting the you know shit underwater and chasing, fishing and grabbing on the turtles and ship.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Bro, you need to come home at the ticket.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna show you how to live, show you how to live straight. I'm gonna show you how to do this real shit. They need it. Let's get to some game.
Speaker 2: Picture out the word skinny, goddamn it. Where is your take on the Heat and the Celtics game two?
Speaker 1: Mm? I think the Heat got a little banged up right now. Obviously, you know, tighter heroes out. But more so than anything, what concerns me about the series is, you know, Jason Tatum and consistency.
Speaker 3: You know, he have games where you know, he go one.
Speaker 1: For eight, that one for nine, the first half one for eleven, whatever the case may be, and those be the times that Jimmy Butler takes advantage of him. He's good at understanding the game and putting his foot down when they're lacking or they not giving it at all, showing that they have performances. And but one thing I can say with Marcus Spark got his hands full with with Jimmy Butler coming into the series, and one thing he's gonna have to do from being a defensive player, I think he got to take away that right hand. He gotta have Jimmy doing stuff going left. You know, you see a lot of those shots Jimmy Butler here he going right, getting to the line, you know what I mean, and getting offensive rebounds, post just out working everybody, you know what I'm saying. And I think this is gonna be Marcus smart biggest challenge this year. Obviously, you know last year, this was last year's matchup, I believe, and uh you know that there was one shot away from yeah, from from getting to the final different, you know what I'm saying. So now this is a this is a new series. But I think that the pressure is pretty much on the Celtics. I think it's the pressure is just on them and uh, we see how it go, man. But I like, I like, I like how to the other supporting cast of Tatum, Jaylen Brown's.
Speaker 3: Being consistent, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Everybody they just was was down bad in the Philly series before they overcame that. And I think they got the momentum right now going on.
Speaker 2: You think they defend Home. They defend Home both games. Yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 1: Like I said, we could, we could have we could take away Jason Tatum's inconsistencies, you know, starting out in these series. I think I think they take care of business and go to Miami.
Speaker 2: Out of this whole series. Man, I actually think this series is going seven. And I say this because Miami is similar to how I'm looking at Denver Strauss, Vincent Kiler, Williams BAM's playing better, what's my man of Kyle Lowry's playing better? And then their effect on defense is like on another like they like, I actually thought that the Heat could beat the Knicks without Jimmy Butler. Jimmy remember Jimmy Mesrus ain't go. I think it was game two, man, he had a chance to win that game convincently, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But they got they got a tough system.
Speaker 2: I understanding how Eric exposed has them ready, he always has them teams ready, they always are able to go to another level. And yeah, that just concerns me, man. I think this is going to be seven games, and I think the levels. You know, anytime you beat a team and you got history of beating the team, or you've beaten them last year, Miami just looks different from last year. They look a lot more healthy, they look a lot more confident, and they have a little more supporting cast around Jimmy to help Jimmy. Now, Jimmy is just to me, man, it's been like the MVP of the whole fucking playoffs. No player has imposed his will greater on on serious than he has. And I think it's gonna be a collective group. I just don't think Marcus Smart is gonna have the responsibility of Gardner. I think you put Jay Brown on. I think you throw a bunch of different things. Man, Malcolm, you throw Malcolm on, You're gonna You're gonna have to because Jimmy is one of these very smart not just offensive, but he's a very smart two way player his i Q and you know he doesn't mind exhausting the ball, but he don't mind giving up the ball too. I'm just I mean, I'm gassed. I'm gassed to see how his will is. I'm I'm eager to see how the Celtics are or I'm eager to see how the Celtics deal with Jimmy in that, you know, because because right now he's confident, and he's confident that he's out here just thinking he can do anything out here, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, And he's gardened. He's gardening.
Speaker 2: On another end, I think TAM's going to take it to another level. I think the Philly I think the Philly thing, the Philly series actually put him in positions to where he probably had to lock in or he probably had to go somewhere else when it came to man, the game's haeven fifty one, I'm not expecting him to have another fifty ball right out the gate, but to go there and be able to do that said a lot for him.
Speaker 1: I don't think he needs to be giving him a fifty neither, But I mean at halftime, you least should be having fifteen sixteen points.
Speaker 3: I mean, you think that, you know what I'm saying. You think that, but double teams, how they guarden you.
Speaker 2: You know that shit ain't going there. How you doing otherwise? And what are you doing other You know, I'm more concerto he do a good job of that. I believe. I think he remound well. He gets off the ball when.
Speaker 3: He he's going to have to. That's what I'm saying in this series.
Speaker 1: Vincent efficiency of his field goal attempts, you gotta get some buckets. He gotta have that mentality. In no doubt, he's gotta be seeking and destroying when he get that ball. You know who's you got? Game two, Game two? Like you said, I see a seven game series, man on the simple strengths that Jimmy is a smart player. Man, I'm gonna need more out of Bawn, you know what I mean? But I think I think Jimmy will is way out of one.
Speaker 3: Game two.
Speaker 2: You got the heat, I got the heat. So I'm gonna take I'm gonna take this. I'm gonna take the seas Game two, and I think the Seeds protect home Game three, Nuggets at the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Hm hmm. Hostile environment for real hostile environment. Like I say, man, Bron put on Lebron to a whole different animal. But in all seriousness, though, I think I think Lebron has to beat Lebron when we come back home.
Speaker 3: You got the home crowd going.
Speaker 1: I see him imposing will defensively, you know, rebounding as well, one of those twenty point rebounding nights. Just doing whatever you gotta do to get the win. Tighten Lebron, you know what I mean. And we could he could feed off of Russell this time, because when Russell went home, you know, he's comfortable. Way different type players like he don't even like you could tell, like his energy that's fluent.
Speaker 3: Like the way he shoot. You get that they get to doing.
Speaker 1: The well, I don't know what they is, something in the veins. When they get to doing all, let the crowd behind them. I think that momentum shift them to go and pull out the wind. And uh, I think the Denver Nuggets have a hard time, you know, just over the credit.
Speaker 2: So you got Lakers at home. I got Lakers at home. I got the Lakers at home too. I think, you know, I think they set the tone coming home and plus I think they get a game in Denver and carry that momentum back home. But yeah, at the Lakers winning that winning game three, let me ask you this, do Denver get a game in Lakers at any point in the series in l A.
Speaker 3: Hmm, you got it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, It's just like it's a lot of adjustments to be made, and that's.
Speaker 2: I have to say. You're a batman. I had to say, yes, Oh, you think Denver gets a game in l A. At some point Denver gets a game? You think LA gets a game in Denver? What about that point? It'd be two too.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just saying so, I'm just saying, we don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if you're a batman, do you think l A gets a game in Denver at any point in the series.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I'm giving Denver the league going back to l A.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying to say, we three two going back to l A.
Speaker 3: Man's game. That's a game.
Speaker 1: I mean, if Bro gonna have to pull out, you have to pull it out games, just say yes or no, dude, you're gonna have to pull it out game.
Speaker 3: We have to assess all that.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 3: You're a bad man, damn it, you're a beat man. Now you're a bet man. You're a bet man, right, Okay, do the Lakers at.
Speaker 2: Any point in this series, get a game in Denver, yes or no.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go ahead, go out for my head, man, I'm gonna say no, Man, I'm gonna have Denver win in this series.
Speaker 3: Damn, I'm gonna go ahead.
Speaker 1: You have you heard it?
Speaker 3: I'm going it's going seven but eight. Certify y'all heard it first taste.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask you. I wanted to ask you on the court or in your perspective, how would you if you're Russell? How do you guard uh that one?
Speaker 3: Two? How do you guard the one too? Bro? Not only that, but how do you guard Murray? That's what I'm saying. And that's the thing Russell.
Speaker 1: Russell ain't never been in the position to be a defender like that. So you would have to put Stroda in that situation. And if I'm if I'm Stroda, I'm for sure I'm pushing up on all picking rolls.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. When Yokic's coming up, you're trapping them, you hards, showing them.
Speaker 3: With the pigs.
Speaker 1: Nowadays, Yeah, you're gonna have to You're gonna have to just be crowded space, crowded space because you gotta figure. They throwing it back to Yokics right to his left.
Speaker 2: He too dribble pull up, he fucking automatic fifteen seventeen Man, Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, but then you know, you come off the pick and roll with Jamal and he pulling up for three.
Speaker 3: You in that drop, but you're giving him, you're giving him that three.
Speaker 1: I mean, let Yogis keep cooking. Let Yokis keep cooking. Damn, I'd rather let Yogis keep cooking before he get to see because he gonna hurt you with them assists.
Speaker 3: That's what hurts you.
Speaker 1: Get he get to getting off and being able to get fourteen assists for twenty thirty points.
Speaker 3: Man almost had a twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying that I think that hurts you. I think you just just let let Yogis get off and we're gonna show. We're gonna crawd the space on the three with with Jamal Murray and hey, throw it back to Yogics.
Speaker 3: Let him get off.
Speaker 2: He gonna yoga, So we're gonna trap Jamal, get it out of his hands, and Yoki's gonna.
Speaker 1: Cut lights lights. But that little show was that. I don't know if they call him that it's like a because they ain't up.
Speaker 3: They not up. They're definitely not up, and it's not even it's.
Speaker 2: Almost like a safety. So he don't turn the corner exactly. But by then he four five steps. That's like a that's like a seventeen. That's like a for the yokres go ahead. You're gonna have to make forty of them.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's I mean, if I'm if I'm coached, because you can't give it, you can't get hurt at all.
Speaker 3: Three angles.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna sag this first, this first pickure, I'm gonna sack. Let Jamal Murray popular three. All right, now, I'm finna come up a little more. Now for the throw it back boom. Okay, now you ain't now you staying with yokis. Now you're gonna let me go to the layup.
Speaker 3: One of them. You gotta pick.
Speaker 2: You gotta take two of them away because you can take the turn. So don't turn the corner and then two man.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I actually think that if Denver supporting cast, don't. I don't think that if Joker has like a fifty sixty, he beats you. I think if you get if he has a super knight like that, and everybody else is two for twelve.
Speaker 3: They gotta create their own shot.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying is, I don't think by himself he beats you.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I think him and that supporting cast having twelve, fifteen, seventeen, twenty two, thirty one like that's too much.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. They ain't got nothing.
Speaker 1: They're getting everything at this.
Speaker 3: Point, and you know where they come from. They come from his assists, facts.
Speaker 1: He's getting everyone involved and he can go the whole game with and it ain't even just his past that makes the play. Sometimes it'd be the past to the past. He might come out swing swing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I got both of these series going seven, y'all. I'm I'm definitely in agreeance with you on that.
Speaker 1: And those are the picture of the Week eight