Speaker 1: For the Orioles close, but no Cigar or that four game sweep man they got a few outs away from possibly taking four at the trop would have been stunning. As it is a really good series. It kind of turned a lot of things around here in Birdland and welcome in the latest edition of Birdland Territory with Steve tim and Brad so guys. A seven to six loss Monday Night at Tropicana Field and now comes a critical homestand Yankees four to three rays for three starting out to stretch, wondering can they have a winning record? I think now it's more possible than maybe we thought at the beginning because of this series. What are your guys' thoughts on the week ahead in Birdland at Camden Yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: To me, it's it's exciting watching this offense now.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is the offense we've been finally waiting to see run it all cylinder and just the approaches the team has been making one through one through nine in the lineup to me is extremely encouraging. It's everyone's getting involved and everybody's just having really solid at bats. It's making it really difficult for that Tampa Bay rape pitching staff is really good, and they made them work the entire series and struggle for those four games. Like we said, unfortunately they didn't get it done yesterday. But it's very very encouraging watching what this offense is doing. And for me, the biggest thing moving forward is what we kind of talked about all year. Can they keep the momentum going and they're going back home, it's going to be probably a good crowd, especially against the Yankees, and then you figured this weekend if they're able to have a good series against the Yankees.
Speaker 3: So just a lot of positives in my mind looking forward for this team.
Speaker 2: And it's I feel like the most positive it's been for the last i'd say six weeks or so.
Speaker 3: It's just been has been really consistent baseball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you have to look at this from a glass half full perspective.
Speaker 5: Like last night was disappointing.
Speaker 4: You were up two runs late in the game and you long, but he took three or four at the trop which everyone would have signed up for heading into that series, with how hot this race team is, with how great of a home team they are.
Speaker 5: But Brad, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I think my biggest reason for optimism right now is this offense. And you can go back their last eight games, they've scored fifty one runs. And I think the biggest thing that sticks out to me about this offense, it's not just one or two guys going right now. You can go up and down this lineup guys Tyler O'Neill for a while has been going. Jackson Holliday over his last thirty three games is hitting over three hundred. Gunner Henderson, the chase rate has gone down exponentially this month, and he's producing. Pete is on an absolute tear. Pete is just putting the team on his back right now, Christian and Karnassi on strand what a godsend he's been. He leads the team in RBI since getting called up in the middle of July. So I think what has me most excited is you got a handful of guys maybe even more, that are all going at the same time right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you're right, that offense is clicking. And there's the stat. You gave fifty one runs in eight games, and during the previous seven games they scored eleven runs. In those seven games, they were three for twenty five with runs in scoring position these seven they were twenty one for sixty five, so you see both many more hits and many more chances to have those hits. That to me is the biggest thing here. Twenty five attempts in seven games is not a lot. Sixty five and seven games is more like it. And those clutch hits came, especially that seven run inning the other night, so that was big in Berdland. Like you said, Tim, a lot of guys contributing. It's no shock to me that when we've been waiting for Gunner and Pete to be going together at the same time, this output happened. And I'm not saying it's only then, because clearly it's much more than them, but a big run for this team. Maybe we're finally going to see the hitting and the pitching come together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be awesome. And I think when you talk about Pete and Gunn are going together, I think it takes a lot of pressure off of everybody else. You don't have to do as much, just kind of get on base and let those guys drive you in.
Speaker 3: And that's really what I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: I think that's been the biggest difference watching the approach they've had with runners in scoring position, is they're just trying not to do too much. They're trying to move guys over, they're trying to hit the ball the other way. I really have seen a middle of the field approach, and I know as a for like as a pitcher, those are the worst approaches that you want to face because you want to have guys that are trying to hit the ball out of the yard pull the ball because then they have holes when you're trying to keep the ball up the middle and stay you know, up the middle or opposite field. Those are their bats become really tough, especially with runners in scoring position. And they just did a great job with that this entire series, and even in Minnesota they did a great job with it.
Speaker 3: Also. It just makes it really difficult.
Speaker 2: To get that third out when you're trying to get out of innings without letting up runs.
Speaker 4: And it has to give the pitchers so much more confidence because it's only human nature to think the prior seven game stretch that you were talking about, Steve, where you score eleven runs, if your pitcher, I gotta be perfect. If I make one mistake, I might end up losing. And that happened the night in Arlington with Shane Bonds when he went eight innings, he gave up the two run omer and he took the loss because of it. Where now this offense is producing and the offense is giving themselves a ton of chances. Steve the graphic you flashed up there, twenty one hits with runners in scoring position where they had twenty five chances in the prior Sex Games, they almost have as many hits as they had chances, very similar sample size. So I think that's a testament to this offense right now.
Speaker 1: So the Aros went three in the series against the Race. They went five and five on that road trip which started poorly and finished well. They are seven and six since the trade deadline and they begin today this homestand starting at Camden Yard to night against the Yankees, tied for the wild card lead, a third wild card in the American League. So this race is going to be interesting. The Euros finally caught other teams and now we see if they can surpass them and keep it going. So we got a lot to do today on the show. We're going to touch on some of the pitchers struggling a little bit. What's up with that. We'll check in on that in a minute and more as we roll on on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 6: Hey, for those of you that are on your phone, it's very often, or even if you don't use it much, you should check out your wireless bill and make sure that it is treating you well. It's summertime. You're feeling good, right, aj But are you spending too much on your wireless bill? And should mint mobile get involved?
Speaker 7: Someone that has two college aged kids got they are always on their phone, whether it's they're checking their snap, they're checking their DMS, they're checking their Twitter. I need fifteen dollars a month because I need unlimited quality coverage that mintmobile provides.
Speaker 6: They get that new wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month. Go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory. Cut your wireless built to fifteen dollars a month at mintmobile dot com slash territory.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 6: No catch upfront payment of forty five dollars for three months, ninety dollars for six months, or one hundred eighty dollars for twelve month. Plan required fifteen dollars per month equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes may slow when network is busy. Includes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device required availability, speed and coverage barriers. See mintmobile dot.
Speaker 1: Com Burdland Territory. Continuing on the show today, here is an interesting stat and I don't think a lot of people realize this stat. Against the current AL Division leaders, the Orils are six and four versus Tampa, four and two versus the White Sox, five and one against Houston, they have a six eighty two winning percentage against American League Division leaders. And oh, by the way, they have swept each one of those three teams this year. They almost had two sweeps against Tampa. I don't know what to make of that. It's crazy because then the other question comes, well, how they have such a more record. Well, they have their six games under against the National League, or two and five against the Yankees, or one three against Cleveland. You can see how the math works. But this is a little surprising to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely they have a winning.
Speaker 1: Record against these teams, but look how good it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a very honestly surprising stat that when you would think if you're fifteen and seven against those three teams you have up on the screen, I mean, you'd be well above five hundred, or at least above five hundred, and they're still struggling to get above five hundred.
Speaker 3: So it's just interesting.
Speaker 2: It goes to show that it's the major leagues and every single game counts exactly the same, and it's at the end of the year, it's not who you beat, it's how many times you win. So it's just it goes to show about the marathon of the season and it's all coming down to these last thirty something games they have left, and you just got to hope that they can continue. They're gonna be playing some of the better teams in baseball and nationally again American League here moving forward, So you just got to continue to play good baseball against no matter who you're playing, and give yourself a chance to get into this playoff mix.
Speaker 4: Steve adding another stat that makes no sense, and that's that's crazy. But the Orioles have a winning record against teams above five hundred. So what that means is they have a losing record against losing teams.
Speaker 5: Which is total Bizarro Land.
Speaker 4: But Steve, you pointed that out so many times throughout these episodes, where you know what this Orioles team is capable of because they've beaten all of these top teams. They just took three or four against the Rays, who had the best record in baseball heading into that. They won their last series against the Yankees, a series in LA against the Dodgers, should have swept that series. They've beaten a lot of these top teams, and obviously the record against teams above five hundred indicate that.
Speaker 1: And over the years, when the Oils are floundering and they won some games, fans would always come back with, yet beat somebody good, and now I'll get my attention. Well they have. They have done that. That's the point, and that's the point we've made on the show a couple times this year, is look at what the potential is. If you're beating some of these teams, you have the potential to do it more often. So maybe we're finally going to see it. So that brings us to this stat The Yankees took four straight from the Orioles earlier this year by a thirty nine to ten score. The Oriols did not have one lead in that four game series. So not a couple week later, they came to Camden Yards and the Oils won two out of three by a twelve to eight score. Very different run scoring in that second series. So they're two and five against the Yankees and they're three and thirteen against the Yankees. Op, so that hurts to say that one. So this is a good time to show they can beat the Yankees. They have a good chance. Jaron Judges not playing free, just went on the injured list. Yes, Garrett Cole's going to pitch for a Don's coming back apparently tonight tonight, what better time to show you can beat the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, completely agree, Steve.
Speaker 2: I think right now is kind of a time you want to face them without Judge and Daland's coming back. But apparently he could have used one or two minor league starts, but he wanted to come back to the big league. So they're saying tonight they don't know what his pitch count is going to be. To me, it's it's a great opportunity at home to keep them momentum going, like we've harped on over and over and maybe maybe me almost too much at this point. But it just really it just goes to show you just got to especially against Indivision rivals, and when you're right there, you control your own destiny. At this point, you're tied for the wildcard. You just have to keep them momentum going, get into this bullpen, get them in there early, and really take advantage of kind of the Yankees team that is kind of waiting for everybody to come back and to get healthy. And I just feel like it's a perfect opportunity to go and take at least two of three and just keep this going and get ready to play the Rays again this weekend coming up.
Speaker 4: It is funny to say this with how it's been the opposite all season long, Like I'm keeping an eye on the pitching here. How are these guys going to bounce back? Where Shane Boz He's coming off the shortest outing of his season where he just went three innings, and how's he going to respond tonight against the Yankees. Bassett he did really well pitching around some traffic at the trop over the weekend, going up against the Yankees, a team he's done really well against throughout his career. And then of course Bradish who talked about not having his best command his last time out. This offense is in a groove. It's kind of funny to say this. I'm expecting them to hit this series, even with Rodan, even with Cole, I'm expecting this offense to hit where Now, if this pitching holds up their end of the bargain, this team's going to have a really good shot at winning this series against the Yankees.
Speaker 1: On paper, Surprisingly, the Orioles runs per game outscore the Yankees, believe it or not, over the full season. The pitching is the disparity. The Yankees not only have the best ERA in the American League, they have the best team ERA in Major League Baseball three twenty six. They have the best rotation ERA in Major League Baseball, second in bullpen. So there you go, Tim got, you know, real test for the offense if it's cooking as it has here, eighty one runs the last fifty or what is it, fifty one runs the last eight games.
Speaker 4: Well, and Steve, you know, like we were saying, the Rays had a heck of a pitching staff themselves and they couldn't figure out this Orioles offense. So I think you got to give the Os offense credit. You know, it's not like they were beating up against the worst team in baseball. It was quite the opposite over the weekend. So I think this is another big test for them, and I'm excited to see it because this team, we said it someday like that, they seem like they're in such a good headspace.
Speaker 5: They seem like they're playing a really loose.
Speaker 4: Brand of baseball where I don't know if we could have said that a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting, and what makes that happen? I don't think anybody in baseball knows the answer to that question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I've always heard the expression breeds success, breed success. It's you can't put an equation to it. There's no perfect science to it. It's just when everybody starts to feel good, they start. I mean, they were borderline cocky at times this series with some of the gestures they were making towards after some home runs and Brian Baker gave it back to him. So that'll be interesting to see this weekend here at Camery Yards against the Rays again. But this is a confident bunch right now, and I just think it's kind of that cloud of the trade deadline is finally gone, and I think that's moved on, and everyb knows that there's gonna be nobody walking through the door that's gonna, you know, come to this team or is gonna be leaving. You still have Samuel Basil that is going to be joining this offense here soon, which is will be another boost and I'll be nice to have back. So I just think it's a very confident bunch right now, and I think I think they're finally showing what they've always talked about all season about how much confidence they have with each other, how much they believe in one another.
Speaker 3: Even last night when they.
Speaker 2: Gave up that lead, I'm watching that game thinking they're gonna score tw runs, They're gonna win this game. That was just me as a former player, as a fan watching that game. There's just something about this team. They were one hit away from tying that game back up and taking the lead. So for me, there's just a different different confidence and a different way they seem to be playing in the last especially the offense side of things, in the last six to seven days, that just looks different.
Speaker 4: And Steve also think about how Kevin Cash was managing that game last night. Brian Baker, he's never gone more than an inning. He had a five out save. He knew how important it was to avoid being swept in a four game set to where they put Baker out there to close out the game with five outs to go.
Speaker 1: Sounds crazy to say it, but his team in first place needed to prove they could beat the Orioles. Yeah, they lost sixth straight. They weren't scoring a lot of runs against the Oriols, even I've scored two to one in those games, and they kind of needed to secure that win. And as you said, he almost managed that like it was a game in October, and Brian Baker came up big for him. The former Oriols having a great year. All Right, we said we're gonna touch on pitching. We're gonna touch on pitching better late than ever. We're gonna get to that in a minute as we continue here on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 6: For the families out there looking for a new path to help your child succeed, take a look at K twelve Powered Schools. K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. It's all a setting that works for your family. And K twelve has been around. They've been a leader in online education for over twenty five years, serving over three million families with flexible education options tailored to each child's needs, interests, and goals for the future. K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction and they provide real time support. Hey, we've heard Todd father on here talk about how his kids have gone through homeschooling and it's really helped them for a family that is very much on the move during his playing career. So you can see how K twelve powered schools can help unlock your child's full potential and roll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K, the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul.
Speaker 1: So Brandon Young started Monday night for the Oriols. He's been so good this year, but recently he's been a little more hittable. In his last four games. His THERA is five forty, taking his season the RA up to three fifty two, and he's had three or four outings have been less than six for four plus five plus something like that. So, Brad, there's been discussion about the innings he's over at the most innings he's ever thrown in his life. He also mentioned a finger issue after the game last Night's first I've heard that, So maybe one or both it's contributing to his performance being a little less than recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I think it's kind of it's a mental hurdle. It's a physical hurdle to kind of get over when you've thrown the most innings your entire life in your career, doing it at the big league level is tough. And he's been up there pretty much since April or the end of April. I think he's been up in the big leagues. And when you're pitching that many innings for the first time, it's tough, no matter who you are, no matter how good you are. It's a definitely mental hurdle to get over to pitch that long in the big leagues for an entire season and sustain success. And he's been grinding these last three or four or five outings he's had. It's been it's been a grind. His pitch out has kind of gotten up there, and I think he's just been kind of I think he's held he's held it afloat. He hasn't really Donkey hasn't had one of those really really bad outings, But he also hasn't had the outings we've kind of almost grown to expect, which is kind of crazy when you think about it to the beginning of the season, but you know, it could be one of those things where it just takes these couple outings and then he finds his footing again and kind of hits his second, third, fourth win of the season and is able to carry that through the end of the year. But it's definitely a tough thing to go through and throw the most amount of innings in your life, most of them at the big league level for the first time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his career high was one hundred eleven in twenty twenty four, then he threw ninety one last year. He's already at one hundred and thirty four in a third innings and Brad, you know a heck of a lot more than me. But when I'm just looking at is his monthly splits. The couple things stand out to me. In the month of August, his four seam fastballs legitimately one of the best fastballs in the majors. It's getting hit, and it's getting hit hard. A three seventy batting average with a six thirty slug. The other thing that really stands out to me, we know at various points this season he's really leaned into the splitter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he's lost confidence in the splitter.
Speaker 4: Where you look month over month, in July it was the second most thrown pitch that he had and it was hit three sixty that month. This month, Brad, he's thrown at the least out of all of his pitches and it's getting hit five hundred batting average off of that.
Speaker 5: Are you seeing anything with this sequencing is pitching?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it really is just kind of losing confidence in a little bit. And I think the reason it starts to hit so much better is when guys can kind of it's almost like he's getting to predictable counts when he's throwing it when he's either super ahead or he's trying to get it to the wipeout pitch. When your sequence in becomes a little predictable, that's when I feel like the average is kind of boost off. It's not like anything has changed a ton in his you know, metrics or anything like that. I just think it's more of not getting hitters counts. Like especially yesterday, I feel like he was behind a lot of the time and he's been throwing. Yesterday, I think he threw like only thirty forty strikes. I think it was at one point during the game. And when that starts happening, it doesn't matter what you throw, guys are going to start hitting it. And for me, when I think back to the splitter, this is a new grip. This is something that he's kind of changed a couple of months ago. And when you start throwing a new pitch, you might have it for a couple months, and all of a sudden, it's like you have a couple outings then oh wow, that didn't feel the same.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should do this, Maybe I should do that.
Speaker 2: They obviously have a lot of technology that can help them get back to feeling more confident with it.
Speaker 3: But when you lose feel for a.
Speaker 2: Pitch and you don't have the confidence behind it, that's really when stuff can go south. And I just I hope you can just kind of get back into leaning into the four seam and just locating it better. To me, that's that that makes everything better for him, is when he's able to locate the four seamer and then he kind of pitched off of that. I know it's pitching one on one, but that's really what you got to lean onto when you when you're getting tired, when you don't have your confidence, when things haven't been going right.
Speaker 3: You just got to get back to the basics, almost Steve.
Speaker 4: I know we always bring up the joke over one pitch away, a couple pitches away from a good outing, but this is something that we brought up a lot with Trevor Rodgers when he was really going through his struggles. Look at the three home runs that he gave up yesterday, they were all with two strikes. Porge Mateo was down two in the count. He ended up hitting that ball out to take the lead. So you know, you put away those guys, it's a much, much, much different ballgame and start.
Speaker 5: For Brandon Young, that.
Speaker 1: Was one that was a one pitch away from a big difference. Because Jorge Mateo, as we know Chase, is a lot. When you have him o two, the last pitch you want is a hanging breaking ball, anything else down or up he might, he's gonna chase it and strike out. He hung one right in his wheelhouse, the one spot he couldn't throw it. So Brandon's has gone from seldom missing his spot to more often missing his spot and in some cases in a critical spot there you lose by one. You gave up a two run homeer and a hangar to Jorge, So you know he would love to have that one back Berland Territory with you today, We've got some final thoughts and some other things to pass your way in just a.
Speaker 8: Moment, Big Bad Morning Show, Finny and Haney, Inside Access Live on YouTube week days six till six, Search Baltimore one to five seven the fan, Subscribe for daily shorts right to your phone and never missed, which you missed? One five seven the.
Speaker 1: Fan, And I'm not sure what to make of you near Canoe struggles either. This came out of nowhere. He had a stretch where fifteen games coming into Tampa, he gave up one earned run in thirteen and two thirds he was rolling. So people are saying this morning he's been struggling throughout the year. That is absolutely not correct. His era was one ninety nine going into Campa Bay, by the way, and in two outings he pitched a combined two thirds one he didn't even get it out and he gave up six runs, three runs twice, and so I don't know what happened. He One remark he made is he struggles against Tampa. Maybe that's what that was as all it was. I don't know, but that was kind of jarring to see him go from pitching great to really struggling.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll say this, I think it was Jacob Calvin Meyer who tweeted out these numbers, Steve, he really struggles against Tampa. Obviously, just this season alone, two innings, nine hits, eight runs. But you look at the rest of his career versus Tampa, he's got a six six four eer, a one four to three whip and twenty and a third career innings against the Rays. And whenever I see some of these things, Brad, I always think back to when we had Britain on a couple months ago, where for whatever reason, sometimes particular guys, particular teams, for whatever reason, just to have your number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and it's it's the most frustrating thing ever, especially when it's you just a it's not one of the four teams in division, because you know you have to face them at least thirteen games this season, So it's it is. It's just one of those things. I think it's probably in his head at this point. I think he just feels like he knows he struggles against the Rays, and I think it's just getting out of his head. But the one thing I noticed yesterday too was that when he hit Yanni Diez on that two seamer running in his hand was really getting on the side of the baseball. And when yan Erko's at his best, he is up to down. His sinker is a true bottom out, almost like a split finger sinker. So he throws his fastball that's ninety five ninety seven and he goes straight north to south. Yesterday he had everything was kind of running, and when it starts running like that, it flattens out. It becomes way more hittable for these guys. And I just think it's it's just a little bit of a mechanics thing. He's got the mental side of things. I don't pitch ball against Tampa on the back of his mind, and then when you can't locate exactly everything you want to do, it just becomes difficult. And you when you are a sinkle baller and you're getting on the side of pitches, everything just really becomes way more east to west, and when you start doing that, it just becomes easier to hit. And it's not like he's getting crush around the field. It's not like he's given up home runs. He had a ball that bounce right from a home plate that unfortunately bounced over with their basement's head yesterday.
Speaker 3: But when you're a.
Speaker 2: Sinkerballer, you live and die by the ground ball, and unfortunately he just wasn't able to get the ground ball that he needed yesterday. And they're just they see him well, and I think their approach against him is really good. It's kind of just see the ball up and just kind of hit it where it's Pitcher're not gonna do much damage with it, but just kind of see where it's hit and go from there. And I think they really do a good job one through nine in that lineup just sticking to that approach against him.
Speaker 1: So maybe euro Fans will hope it is about more the opponent cano face than anything going on with him. How here's this big series with the Yankees. They're gonna need him in there somewhere, and do they Brad just go right back to him in the same spot at the same time when they need him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Craig Alvern has just showing that all year. It's kind of he's got his guys that pitch late in the game. He doesn't really straight from that much, but right now Am Sanders kind of seems like he could step in and kind of push canoe up just a little bit, get his feedback under him. But I mean, the guy's a Swiss army knife. We talked about him last outing and he has just been unbelievable. Yesterday, I think that might have been the best outing we've seen two just shut down innings right when they needed it to get back in that game and take the lead. And I just think he's done such a good job and his stuff is it really good, And I think they really found a gem in the rough there with him. And I mean ninety seven ninety eight with his fastball, a really really good change up that he started showing yesterday a little bit more and then a wipe out slider. And to me, when you have three league pitches as a reliever. That's a huge weapon to have. And I think him and Hoppy have really, really kind of shown they can be used in bigger spots for this team and really help out this bullpen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say, Brad, I mean you think of and you can even throw Josh Walker in there too. Where these unheralded guys, guys that have bounced around the bit, they've stepped up since the trade deadline, and given how Michaelay operated, we were wondering could they add to this bullpen you end up subtracting trading Tyler Wells to the rais.
Speaker 5: You needed guys like this to step up, and so far that trio has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially yesterday when it's great you brought up Josh Harkers. I was gonna talk about him and his outing yesterday that I feel like two months ago that game gets out of hand, but now they are making the pitches when they need to. The ground ball to the gunner made a great play but kept it a one run game. I feel like a couple of weeks ago would have turned into a three, four, five run game. And you kind of go, ah, that one got away from us. But the bullpen has done a good job of coming in putting out these fires, and they're really just doing a good job of piecing it together. It's not the same guy pitching every single inning. They're piecing it together, right, And I think Craig Alvins is really starting to find a rhythm with these guys.
Speaker 3: To me, it's kind of up in the air, but I know that's how baseball is now and how bullpens are run.
Speaker 2: They're finding the right spots for guys, and I just think they're all kind of excelling in the right spots when they're out there in the game whenever he puts them out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Homer prediction, I've got the Oils taking two of three from the Yankees, true to true to Steve's form. How about the two of you.
Speaker 2: No, I think so, Steve. I think they're they're really I feel like they've turned a corner. I know We've said this multiple times, but I really do feel like they've turned a corner and they have confidence, which I feel like we have not seen this team have in quite some time. So I really think with the Yankees kind of being on a little bit of a down trajectory right now, kind of just in in waiting. I think if you go out there tonight, you get the first one, you have a good shot to get there the second game, and then you gotta face Garrett Cole, which you never know. With this offense right now, I wouldn't put anything by them, So I like that prediction. I think the two out of three sounds it sounds good right now.
Speaker 4: A lot's going to be determined in game one, then captain obvious. Obviously you want to win game one of the series every single time. But this seems like a big spot for Shane bos if he can bounce back because his prior started he went eight innings tour and runs. If he can bounce back in rodme he has a pitch with the Yankees June twenty eighth, So could the O's be catching him in a good time.
Speaker 5: This offense isn't a really good groove. If they could give.
Speaker 4: Shamee Bo's run support again two straight starts, but this time Bob holds up his end of the bargain, then that puts you in an opportunity for success. Because you look at Chris Bassett's numbers against the Yankees. He's been really, really good throughout his career. Obviously, you miss Max Breed. It gives you a real chance to take at a minimum two a three.
Speaker 1: If it comes down to the third and deciding game on Thursday night. It's bradish and coal under now, so that will be fun, all right, those fans, Thanks for watching lace edition of Birdland Territory. Thanks for getting us over a thousand subscribers and we charged over that mark. Guys. We're blowing that past that. Hopefully that keeps rolling. And glad you guys keep finding us and keep watching the show, and we'll see you soon. Another edition of Birdland Territory
Speaker 2: Sadly int