Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Honda. When you test her off to all the electric Prologue SUV, there's a lot that can impress you about it. There's the generous passenger space, the clean, thoughtful design, and the intuitive technology. But out of everything, what you really love most is that it's a Honda. Visit Honda dot Com slash EV two see offers.
Speaker 2: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It is b joeyp Joe Pisapia with me of course is the Welsh, and it's all of you, my beautiful peanuts and cracker Jacks.
Speaker 3: It's so great to see.
Speaker 2: You all here on a Monday morning. I am refreshed from vacation. Had a nice couple days in Arizona, seeing family, and when I say family, I don't just mean my actual blood family. I mean the Welsh as well. Got to hang out with the kiddos a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, eat some Canoli's. It was a great time.
Speaker 2: And this is going a very very busy week here, not just to the MLB channel, but the NFL as well, with the NFL Draft going on. Subscribe over there. We got live coverage of the draft this week all night, Night one and Night two. But Welsh, it's great to see you. What a fun weekend of baseball. Lots of injuries, which is never fun, but certainly Fernando Tatis looks like an absolute rock star and that makes our producer Michael Kelly very very happy.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 4: It's a busy week for Cali, but you can always appreciate Fernando Tatis. June, I could appreciate you coming out too. By the way, we did do a home run derby. There was an injury. Oh and we might have more updates coming on that, I think, Baby, I take.
Speaker 2: Back everything that I ever said about those guys in the intercostal strains because I totally just overswinging on one and it just tweaked something and it wasn't right. But it was a good time. Nonetheless, it was nice to get outside.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite comment off. It was brought up already, but Michael Joe Rico got sent back down at Triple A. Look, he's a light shining star, Joe A.
Speaker 3: Rico.
Speaker 2: He is a prospect to watch, but uh, you know, when the big dog comes back from the il, you know, and then I feel like I'm on the il, but in all seriousness, Arico crushed it as he always does. We have a team here that is unbelievable, and I'm very happy I got to get a couple of days away because it doesn't happen when my kids are off. I like to take off. That's the only time really I do that much. Because I go baseball coverage, NFL coverage. I never stopped, kind of like Welsh does too. So those NFL guys they get like a six month break kind they're doing.
Speaker 4: Draft, they do what they're doing right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, who knows the.
Speaker 4: Jab one show a week.
Speaker 3: Okay, he will be.
Speaker 4: Called back up from Triple A though later this week.
Speaker 2: Yes day, I hear on Friday Welsh might have a little bit of a I was like, a strained tendon is a groin is a groin issue?
Speaker 4: I think for Welsh that's what Yeah, from watching all of my kids dance accomplished and but it's the Joe and Joe Show. Glad to have you back to all this baseball.
Speaker 3: Joe's one show.
Speaker 2: Let's get to Fernando Tattis Junior here on our twitch again. We're live on twitch every single Monday through Friday. Join us at twitch dot tv so Frezi Pros, and of course you can always find us on the YouTube channel as well. Subscribe on Fantasy Ros MLB. Fernando Tatis two for four, another homer, Welsh. I don't know if he hadn't in perpetuity for the weekend. I saw you picked him on Friday. I want to say he is hitting three fifty eight four thirty six OBP six ninety one, slugging eight homers, sixteen rbees.
Speaker 3: Seven steals.
Speaker 2: Fernando Tatis Junior has finally arrived as the the god.
Speaker 3: Can we can we put him in bubble wrap? Can we do that? Welsh?
Speaker 2: And just keep him, keep him nice and safe and warm the rest of the season out.
Speaker 4: Let's keep let's keep him dewormed as much as possible, and let's get Fernando Tatis to be doing his best.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: The three fifty eight four to thirty six six ninety one average OBP slugs ridiculous. The hitting profile, it's a reddis can red b board. I mean, sprint speed us up. He's hitting. He's averaging career highs across the board. Maybe one of the most impressive combos, and let's see if this sticks. Strikeouts and walks career low strikeout rate right now twelve point eight percent. He was twenty essentially twenty two last year and it's one point eight percent walk rate, so it's super early. But let's see if that kind of continues to maintain. Because dude feels healthy, he's running bases like crazy. He's easily pushing a thirty thirty season. But you never know, we might get to forty forty, very very very good Fernando Tatis early return though there's a little part of me this wouldn't be me. But to ask the question, does anybody feel a little bit squirrely about Fernando Tatis? With you know, you got the de wormer stuff, you got the injury history. We already had the thing earlier this year we talked about like do people want to get out? I wonder if there's squirrely people trying to get out right now and sell high. I don't think I would, because I think he's gonna I think he's gonna be a top five fantasy guy rest to see.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: I think next year we're gonna look at him as a top five overall pick and know what. That's where his talent is. So let's go. This is a fun one from Leaf or Death. Why do fantasy guys like jazz? Dude is so mid?
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 2: I'll answer this question because I kind of get where death is coming from here, which is a phrase that's weird to say out loud, but it's because he is exciting. He's got power, speed combination. That's a very you know, thrilling thing to those rotal league players. And he is a dynamic player, right, It's exciting that combination of athleticism. He's also very fiery, and he plays on the Yankees, which you know that doesn't help the fact that sometimes he gets overinflated. Jazz still has a little bit of a maturity issues sometimes maybe maybe I feel like Stewey from Family Guy a little bit. Here, are you a jazz chism guy? I never remember if you're a jazz guy or you're a I'm not a big jazz guy just generally speaking. I live with a jazz musician in college, and I just learned to hate jazz. Going from like, oh this is interesting too. I want to jump off a tall building because all this guy does is play jazz music all the time, But where are you at with jazz?
Speaker 4: Chishm I love jazz, but I mean, I'll give you an easier answer where that that question was. We needed a comment in there where it was like, why do fantasy guys love jazz? Comma he's so mid? Because I was having a hard time.
Speaker 3: Why they hate him so much? He's so mid?
Speaker 4: But there's this, there's a super easy answer to why do fantasy people like him? Twenty four homers, forty stolen base, that's pretty simplistic. And then you throw in third base. Now here's third base, qualified player. You don't get that. The only person you get that out of is Jsierramir. So why do people love jazz? Because it's absurdly big fantasy stuff. But to your point, in like a real baseball perspective, and if you're trying to outproject, the problem is he's always been a big swing and miss guy. The thing that's happening now is with the Yankees. Theoretically, like his bat is being protected a tiny bit because the ball is flying a little bit more in the Yankee stadium. But and he had cut his strikeouts down by the way year over year, from twenty three to twenty four it was thirty to twenty four percent. But he's back up. He's got really bad plate discipline. He's a big, heavy swing through guy. He's kind of a you know, big emotional, like in your face, young batflip type of guy that some people don't like. But why do fantasy guys like him? Because it's the most ridiculous, stupid stat that's forty stolen bases from third base who don't get and it's in that little baby ballpark in the Yankee So it's pretty easy to see why you like him. But you know, I get why also you don't like him because the plate discipline is crappy sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so jazz poll, is that what we're getting here?
Speaker 3: Do you? Let's let let's let it run for more than a minute though, if we can, are you a jazz of jazz? Jazz no jazz? That's I'm going to know.
Speaker 2: Man, Let's get to more headlines because there's a lot to talk about. The weekend Warriors, some great pitching performances. Max Freed seven two third shoutout innings. He was terrific. He's been brilliant for the Yankees. Logan Webb had a twelve K performance. Yeah, I'm a Moto had a ten K performance. Andrew Abbott struck out eleven. He was a hot waiver wire pick up this week. I tried to get him. I thought i'd put a high bid in and I got outbid by more than ten dollars for him, So I clearly was off on that. I thought I could sneak him through.
Speaker 3: Not the case. Zach Wheeler had.
Speaker 2: A thirteen strikeout performance of Mackenzie Gore thirteen strikeouts against the Rockies. So if all the double digit K performances over the weekend, Welsh, was there one that was more impressive to you than another?
Speaker 4: Well, there was one that's stood out, Okay, So the most impressive was Mackenzie Gore. I think Mackenzie Gore continue though it was like Rockies and but I'd been on him for like first five and strike outs and stuff like that. But McKenzie Gore, really the profile has changed and slider usage is coming up. I continue to talk about him, but I would say the most impressive was the three to four seconds that Logan Web had after I think it was after his start where he was being interviewed in the locker room. I wish we had this video. I forgot to ask to prep for it, and someone rips a big fart while he's talking, and then he tries to not laugh, and he tries to answer the question, and then he just absolutely loses it and he just can't control himself, and he apologizes. Farts are always funny, and Logan Webb, I also give him extra credit for appreciating that and not ignoring like it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: So Logan Webb, welcome back, Joe to farts are always funny.
Speaker 3: You know, I miss the show. I miss doing this.
Speaker 2: Every day, you know, a couple of days off here and there, Logan web not us.
Speaker 3: Sure, all right, let's get to a manual.
Speaker 2: Class A a lot of three runs on four hits in one inning, blew another save against the Pirates of the freaking Pirates on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Oh now, the velocity's okay.
Speaker 2: The babup is at four fifty five, so clearly you know he's throwing a lot of strikes. Luck is I guess a part of this, but there's also a mental aspect of closing. And Class A was unhittable last year, and then the Yankee playoff game happened, and I don't know if he got shook from that. I don't know if it's just a weird perfect storm. We mentioned this about a week ago. We had a conversation. Right there was a night where a bunch of closers no kind of looked crappy, and we all said, well, Class A will be fine, will be fine. I just want to take your temperature. Do we still think that Class A is going to be fine?
Speaker 4: I think you have to kind of in this situation, you want to side on like the historical data. They're not gonna take him out. There's gonna I mean, I guess unless he just keeps going. Maybe you give him a little spell. Sometimes that happens where you know, they got a like Paul C. Wall that they could throw in there if they wanted, or Kate Smith. I think they could go with. But I think he's gonna be okay, and I'm gonna side on that. I will say, his slider looks like it's down. It's about a mile and a half right now. It's getting obliterated, and he's throwing it a lot more than he was throwing his cutter last year, and his cutter is down just a tiny bit, and I don't know if there needs to be a little bit of a pitch mix mess with or something like that, but he's just he's getting hit up right now. He's one of the best closers in baseball. So I don't want to like panic or overreact or be like, oh yeah, I'm gonna trade Classe or even Devin Williams. That's another one. Devin Williams does look he looks shook a little bit in his situation. But what are you honestly going to do with these type of guys. I think you have to hold tight. I also would say historically you should buy on these players if someone out there is freaking out, Like if you can buy them on the low, I think that's what you should do. It's a good question to ask, like should we be worried and are these guys tapering back down? If I had to, if I had to pick one, Devin Williams or class I think I'd be more worried about Devin Williams than I am class A right now, because he, I mean, he is just a He's a lockdown guy. He is that guy, and that's what guy I think I was a little bit. Let's not forget Yeah, no, it's it's one hundred true. But maybe he's getting all the bat out early on in the season.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: But to think right now that you've got those two guys who you put early, what fourth round draft capital probably somewhere around the right four, five, six, let's just you know, open up the range, pending on the shallowness of the league.
Speaker 3: Uh, they crushing your whips. They're crushing your soul, They're crushing your e ra.
Speaker 2: I mean this is not good. It is not good, you know. Uh, cheap saves great good, so good. Jose Alvarado off the waiver wire. Delicious, also delicious. Mike Trout, the Trout is good. It's back on the menu. Two homers on Saturday, he almost at a third two. I got home, I was unpacking, and after WrestleMania, I was watching that game and I saw the highlights of the two and they were live in that game, and I thought he hit the third one, and it was like right on the warning track basically.
Speaker 3: So I'll ask the question again because I asked it last week. This year, we.
Speaker 2: Are right where you could copy and paste the low batting average, the high home runs looking like Mike Trout you can copy and paste. And last year we said trade him and we were right. Welsh was right this year. Doesn't want to trade him. Still, I just want to again. I'm just checking in. I haven't seen you for a couple of days in this mode. Still not going to trade Mike Trout. Not going to get out from under it so high.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's not. We're not going to royal We that one. You rightfully so wanted to sell him. I did not. I was ready to take some victory laps off of our Pianowski argument where he was like, I'm not touching him, and Mike Trout was the biggest win on the planet. I went hard on the drafting market of Mike Trout towards the end of the season, just committing to it. He's out there, looks healthy, drop some weight. The risk is always there, But no, I'm not doing that because the big thing, if you did want to do it, it's still not really the time he's hitting a buck eighty four. I don't I think that's the place, especially you're in that timeline. The average has got to get back up. The babbop has been low so far this season he is, he's kind of johannioing it. He's only hitting homers, but he has got a one thirty three. Babboit one thirty three two years ago is a three thirty five. So I mean, you're talking about two hundred points of Babbitt, two hundred points of batting average. Even if it's not that much you're probably looking at. I mean, expected batting average is two seventy seven. Right now, you get to two sixty and he's got a bunch of homers and you're scared and you want to only listen to Joe, then great, you should sell him. Then that's when you should do it. But right now, the juice is not worth the squeeze to get off of Trout just because what could happen. Big Trout is still going to come in and play the big fish. Don't throw him back into the water quite yet.
Speaker 2: O'Neal Cruz and Christopher Sanchez for Mike Trout.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I mean I would do that. Okay, you're hitting a huge, you're getting a huge return. O'Neil Cruz is leading the league and stolen are at the top. He's hit a homer. Maybe that was cheating Christopher Sanders.
Speaker 2: I meant Cedric Mullins and Chrisopher Sanchez from Mike Trout.
Speaker 4: H Well, I'm sorry, say no, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just just just gauging where you might be at here now speaking of Joe telling the future, it's funny schamentin mention that Welsh because we are right here in a segment we like to call Joe Stradamis. You know, we took a lot of punches in the last couple of weeks. I was very bold about some of the guys that I'm not in on this year or I'm not buying this a certain April illusion that happens all the time. So I just want to check in on some of those guys because Welsh and I were fighting about them. So this is fun kyra and Paris got a day off Sunday.
Speaker 3: Why because he's been bad. He's been so bad.
Speaker 2: Oh, two for twenty one over his last twenty one at bats, a point zero nine to five batting average, twelve strikeouts, how many walks zero zero walks none in his last seven games. Michael Harris, I know he hit a hole run this weekend.
Speaker 3: Congratulations with who he's check out this slash.
Speaker 2: Michael Harris two hundred two twenty five on base percentage of three forty seven slugging. Holy crap, that's untenable. Something has to give it really soon for that guy. And Raffaeld dever is after, Oh, he's back, he's back, He's back.
Speaker 3: I warned you.
Speaker 2: It was the Cardinals, possibly the worst pitching staff in baseball. Rafield Dever is hitting two twenty two currently, he is nine for his last forty eight, with a one to eighty eight batting average over that span of six thirty two ops over the last two weeks and thirty strikeouts in twenty three games. So Joe's tredamas so far looks pretty good. Welsh just saying, just want to put that out there.
Speaker 4: You know my birthdays tomorrow. You're giving me a horrible gift right now. You're giving me an absolutely horrible gift.
Speaker 2: Of what the truth a foresight is that what I'm giving you a horrible gift.
Speaker 4: You can't handle the truth. I mean, you taking a victory lap on this right now. Mark this down. April twenty first, let's mark this segment and bring it back, because to victory lap that they're all out after I mean Kyraen Perry specifically, it's been six bad games. And by the way, right.
Speaker 2: After thinking of untenable, unbelievabay good that were unsustainable, there's actually a guy that I want to buy low on the three of them. But I'm not going to try hold on, let me tease. I'm going to tease it because we're going to do it in the trade video later this week. Okay, one of these guys I actually do want to buy on.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, But in your same statement where it's oh, it's six bad games, but the six good games, well, guess what. Still even after this really bad run, he has an over twenty percent barrel rate, a fifty seven percent hard hit rate. His expected bad average is almost two seventy. He's walking a bunch, he's bareling consistently, He's getting the ball in the error at almost a twelve degree launch angle. All of those changes he made with Judge Da Da Da Da Dad, it's still all there, and I think that is going to equate to some decent results. Never said he's going to be a big superstar, but he's a must pick up, hold and watch through the season. He is still worth. I think holding through some of this bad stuff netto is back. I think it's just too early on the Kirraen Paris stuff, Devers and Harris. They're interesting ones that are really bad lows. We've talked about. We've beat the Dever stuff, you know, to a pulp at this point.
Speaker 2: See we beat it, and then it was oh, he's fine. He's fine because he had a good game in a double header day against the terrible Cardinals. Sorry Leaver, but yeah, I mean here's an interesting one too. This came across whereas here it is Huck Finn moved on from Paris and added Jacob Wilson this morning. That's a move I would make. Jacob Wilson is just a hit machine, and I will take that consistency, even if it doesn't have maybe the exciting power speed combination that Kien.
Speaker 3: Parris could possess. I think that's a good movie.
Speaker 4: What do you think that exact one when we did our big Kira in Paris debate. I don't know if you remember this, I said in this moment I would take Karen Parris. But I also said, if anyone's listening to the show, you remember that, don't be surprised if Jacob Wilson is the most valuable guy on the entirety of the season because of what he's guaranteed, the contact that he's making that ballpark. So that one I get it. I totally get it. And if you want to move on from Kiraen you can do that is just as quick. But the underlying profile is still telling this a story. And the problem is when we're in little week to week snapshots, the whole season kind of gets lost. Kyron might be laughably stupid at the end of the day, but it's not like everything just disappear. Like if he was down and that barrel raid it was twenty eight percent, Now it's like ten percent, you'd be like, oh, he was really just I just think there's still strikes in the hunch.
Speaker 2: Kyri Parris and the Rays weren't doing it, and when I was watching, that's what I was just alluding to.
Speaker 3: Also, the results are in of the poll. I'm shocked by these results.
Speaker 2: It was eighty four percent don't like jazz and then sixteen percent do like jazz.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's the music of the player.
Speaker 2: I'm not exactly sure what the pole said, but just want to put that out there, so I mean, I guess I'm not totally surprised.
Speaker 3: I'm just riding off. You know, we're a different breed here, rookie. Lookie, now, if you've been watching prospecting.
Speaker 2: With the Welsh here from the beginning of the season, you've got a bunch of these guys already and it was good. And Joey P gave you one of these guys too, so maybe you're prospecting with Joey P a little bit. Zach Vina his first home run, that's all Welsh. Chandler Simpson, who Welsh brought up saying, I don't know when he's gonna get called up, but if but even when he does, he's going to steal a ton of bases. Well, he got called up this weekend, stole base yesterday, got a hit, so great there he's leading off, so a ton of speed. No power for Chandler Simpson, but speed is there for sure. So if he need help in that category, you're gonna have to be aggressive. Logan Henderson, my guy, Well, he did get called up, he did make a start. He struck out nine guys against the Athletics. That's the punch and Judy lineup, right, that's a good lineup to come away with one run in six innings in your major league debut. I was very impressed with Logan Henderson.
Speaker 3: Welsh.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you didn't see this too, because this probably should have been in the headlines. But on top of the Logan Henderson thing, the Brewers had like a record nine stolen bases in that game. They they stole six bases. I think in like the first two inning. It might have been the first inning they stole five. They were destroying Shey langaliers, and they put Logan Henderson in to like a really great spot. A couple of scouts after our officials said it's the best they had seen Logan Henderson pitch across his minor league career, told you he's a dude. He's an absoluteude. There's a lot of strikes and get some whiffs, and he was putting into an incredible situation where his team was the most aggressive we seen any base Steelers out there. Caleb Durban also called up and he got a stolen base in that and going to be the regular third basement for the rest of the season. So more young guys, Yeah, locking down some spots.
Speaker 2: But to answer the question too, Simpson, I feel great about Look again, not a big power guy at all. He is there for stolen bases. He's like Vince Coleman back in the day. That's what you're looking at with Chandler Simpson. But great stuff from Logan Henderson there. And the question is he gets tacking the rotation? Probably not because Woodruf is getting close. Myers are getting close. Although you could look around and say, should we be using these innings of Logan Henderson the big league level if they look like this? And I think that's a long question to ask themselves up in the general management position of the Milwaukee Brewers. Our good friend Craig Mish of Sports Grid reporting that Augustine Ramirez Welsh was just talking about last week. Well he's getting the call today. Twenty three year old has hit two fifty eight three twenty five hundred and three homers, twelve ribbies, five steals. You don't get a lots of on basis from.
Speaker 3: Catchers, power, speed, the catcher spot.
Speaker 2: It's a good situation there, especially they're gonna they lost Co nine for the foreseeable future. I've had some injuries there, so a good move here for the Marlins.
Speaker 3: Don't you think Welsh I do.
Speaker 4: I had said it. It's funny. I had actually set it up to like, oh, hey, Jonah Bride, you know he's dhing, he sucks. And then the next day after we did that video, they designated Jonah Bride and moved him. But it was Jesus Achez coming back, who will play some DH. But Ramirez, it's a consistent, hard hit guy. At batting average is going to be a little bit of a question. But yeah, he can sneakily steal some bases. Think he can jump in in the DH spot. That's why we talked about him in a two catcher league. I think he's viable couple guy. We had Edgar Carrow and we've had Augustine Ramirez is a couple young catchers in those two catcher fantasy leagues, and I think both would be worth taking a look at.
Speaker 2: You know, me mix a point here about Logan Anderson. You know, mostly it's all fastballs and change ups. It's very interesting there because they say, oh, you need the third pitch.
Speaker 3: You need a third pitch.
Speaker 2: Now, the most important thing the art of pitching is about velocity. It's about location, right, and movement. That's what Tom Seaver said, those three things, location, velocity, movement. And I remember a young Dwight Gooden coming up and basically destroying the major leagues for a good two years or two plus before the drug problems happened with two pitches. He had a fastball and a curveball, and it.
Speaker 3: Was just unbelievable. It's all about location, movement, and velocity. That's what it was about.
Speaker 2: And then they tried to teach him a change up and that was kind of difficult that at the same time the drug problems, I understand it's a different game than it was in the eighties. But at the same time, if you can locate, if you can have that pitch mix correct, and if you will have movement on the fastball, you can get away with a lot. Now I don't disagree with you know, the third pitch being a thing nowadays. You have to figure out where's Mackenzie Gore at because wasn't that always his mo too? He was a two pitch pitcher at one point in his career.
Speaker 3: No, he was. Actually that's the old Padre.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Padda, Yeah, Mackenzie Gore came out throwing four different pitches and it was heavy curveball and then he scrapped it and slider. The funny thing about Logan Henderson and this is that two pitch argument. You don't hear people talk about it. When it's a big fastball slider and you like what strider does. People are like, yeah, maybe he needs to throw, but people don't make a bigger deal about it. It's made a little bit more of a bigger deal when it's a change up and a fastball like Logan Henderson did, because if you're talking about movement path, you don't have like a big change of the eye if you're throwing these two pitches theoretically, like fastball is going to come here and then change up's going to come here. If you're watching on the visual, you want a slider that's going to come over here, and you want to change the zone of the plate. So when you throw a change up in a fastball, that kind of screams like, hey, you need more. But he does have more, and I think this is more of a feel type of situation. He's got a cutter in a slider, He's got a couple different versions of that that did not come out in this game. It could have been necessity, it could have been a feel issue. I think think you will see those come up. I also think overtime this isn't a straight two pitch pitcher, but I think over time you're going to see the development come up a tiny bit. Don't be surprised if it's to the next start. But that's my take. I get and understand why if you've not really watched him before, you would say like, oh, he's got to have a third, But he does, and I think you'll see more of that because I agree fastball and changeup would not really be a sustainable two pitch mix.
Speaker 2: Shout out to death forty seven for the gifts up very cool, and shout out to anybody joining us for the first time watch.
Speaker 3: Does anybody wanted to shout out or would you want to move on to more rookies because we got a lot more.
Speaker 4: That was your boy, Leafer. Yeah, Leafer gave out a community sub That's something you can do here. There's even a board to track it. We have on the back end of who has given the most community subs, which, by the way, I think leafer in April is now at the top of the leader board, and you can track that and we can see that. Also, we had Young Maje subscribe with the Prime You can use your Amazon Prime account. You can lock it up, get rid of ads, get in the home run contest, and you're getting us oh so closer, ladies and them, and we are five away, five from our one hundred sub goal. Telling hundred for April is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Tell your friends. Look, if you've got friends that love baseball. I know you're in leagues of people, tell them about the show. If you want us to stay here and employed, tell them about the show. Okay, send it around, share it on your social media, say look, this is my favorite baseball show.
Speaker 3: If you love baseball, go.
Speaker 2: Watch us every day. We appreciate all of you. And of course we just went through all that rookie lookie stuff. We were ahead of the curve and the only way to stay ahead of the curve is with our segment every week here prospecting with the whales. That's right, we're going to take a look down on the farm. Some of them young bucks coming up here make an impact on the Major League baseball seasons.
Speaker 3: Pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Welsh, Let's talk about some of those names here, and let's start with Roman Anthony because people were asking us, why aren't you talking about Roman Anthony last week? Well, Welsh, maybe there's a little bit more to talk about this week.
Speaker 4: He's had this kind of up and down, but the trajectory has been moving up. Early Minor League season, he got sent down, he had this big two homer game right out to shoot, and then his average started to and that was kind of the big question of what's gonna go on with Roman Anthony this season because you gotta you gotta get Triple A figured out, especially if the Red Sox are gonna consider making any big moves at some point. Christian Campbell kind of you know, he's getting it done. He's top two and Rookie of the Year voting right now. Second base has been a little bit squarely, which actually, I'm gonna throw this out here, might put a tiny bit of wrinkle in Roman Anthony being the guy soon. This wasn't actually planned for it, but Marcello Mayer has been playing some second base at Triple A. I could foresee that they move mayor in not our one, the good one. They're gonna move him into second base, and he could be the second baseman and Campbell could move over and start moving into an outfield spot. If that happens, it does put a question into the timeline of Roman Anthony. But Roman Anthony is meeting some of those questions, or he's answering some of those questions. Early on, it was April tenth, he was hitting just a buck seventy six Roman Anthony. Now sure, obviously seasons of your average can jump up, but he's up to two sixty seven so far, which is a nice big jump from where he was because things were actually two seventy three as I'm looking at it now for homers, two stolen bases, an over four hundred OBP powers starting to He's had another two homer game more recently. Roman Anthony is starting to get to this level, and this is what's most important, that he could be the call up if something happens. If this team were to make a move. I don't like William Brady would go anywhere, but you still got Yoshida looming. If there was an injury or something, he could make the move. But just keep in mind that Marcelo could be a reason that Anthony is held back even further because if they want Campbell out of that nasty second base, then I think that would be for Mayor to come in and then we might be looking at Roman Anthony later. But it's important to talk about the number one prospect in baseball has made a big jump up as of recent All.
Speaker 2: Right, let's talk about Jordan Lawler, the short saw prospect of the Arizona Diamondbacks, who has been playing around the diamond a little bit more this year, and I think that might be the secret sauce to getting him called up. So what are your thoughts on Lawler current as we stand here towards the end of April.
Speaker 4: We really thought a couple weeks ago that we were going to see him, but he ended up being Tim Tawa. I will say the Diamondbacks are silly still with the Garrett Hampson stuff. We should see Lawler. But the problem is they got to get every day at bats for Lawler. You got to see him on the regular. Right now, You've got Kotel who's close to coming back, You've got Prodoma who signed the extension, So where do you play him? The weirdness is Lawler has been playing more second base, they moved him over to second. So unless you're going to move like Katel to the outfield to maybe help his hamstring, I'm not sure. And you put Lawler at second, I don't know where the spacing is, and you'd like to see Lawler on the outfield. But he is absolutely murdering the ball right now. He actually has as many hits in the miners as Nick Kurtz and is the same age. He's twenty two, he's twenty. You forget that he's still so young. He has as many hits he's twenty two. He has five homers, eight stolen bases, very aggressive, a three twenty five average with a four to twenty three OBP and an over thousand ops. He is destroying Triple A, which is a hitter friendly environment. We would love to see him in the major soon. But the only thing is is you would have loved to see him maybe playing some outfield. So I don't know how this is gonna look. Maybe the Diamondbacks are gonna shock us and move Kutel off a second or something like that. But Lawler is hitting and he definitely could be someone that could be up with the Diamondbacks soon.
Speaker 2: Another prospect here, this one of the Dodgers system. Here is Alex Freeland, who right now is just on an absolute tear.
Speaker 3: Now it's only a one home run.
Speaker 2: We has twenty eight hits and eighty five at bats to start the season, hitting three twenty nine. The obp over four hundred, the ops over nine hundred. So he's been terrific. Do you think the Dodgers are gonna start trying to find a way maybe get that bat in their lineup?
Speaker 4: The Dodgers make it super, super difficult because obviously, you know you've got like Mooki in the infield, and how many young guys would they commit to. But we have seen them do it before. I mean Pajas is there. We saw James Outman before. If there's a player, I think it's Alex Freeland who Alex Frilan can play multiple infield, He could play second, he could play short. I think he can play third. He's a hitting machine. He has more hits than Nick Kurtz or Jordan Lawler. In fact, he is no one a twenty three or under has more hits in the minor leagues than Alex Friedland. Right now, stealing some bases. He's got six early on and over four hundred OBP, almost a OBP one hundred points points higher than his actual batting average. The RBI's you know, he could be at the bottom of the order, so maybe that puts a question into what the overall fantasy value would be. But the high average and multi position eligibility, I think is something that could get him with the Dodgers there soon. I think the most important kind of like the Augustine Ramirez. It's like, listen, if he gets called up, he really might be worth it. He might be worth picking up in that Dodgers lineup, even if he'll hit low, because he is an absolute hitting machine. He's going to steal some basses later on if you were hitting let's say eight, and you were being putting yourself in RBI spots. And it's also really good poll hitter friendly for right handed hitters ballpark. If he were there, Alex Freeland is someone that needs to be at least on radars if he gets called up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially if Max Meyer excuse x Bonsey continues to hit under two hundred. He's in one ninety one right now with four RBI and thirteen hits on the year, and I know he's a streaky player and he can get hot sometimes, but at the same time, maybe.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is the time where he does not rebound, and if there's flexibility there between Betts and Edmund and Freeland, all of a sudden, good things could happen before we head out here. Just an update on Nick Kurtz and Bubba Chandler, guys that were anticipating. We're just watching the clock, watching the Twitter machine, trying to wait to find out when these guys might get called up. So, Chandler, Kurtz, what's your latest.
Speaker 3: Beat on those guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just as an update for everyone to know. Three twenty one average on Nick Kurtz still leads the miners and homers with seven ridiculous on the hits front. As I told you, you know, he's near the tippy top. He's tied with Lawler one less than Alex Freeland one thousand ops. I kind of think the twofold the only thing that's really holding him back is the strike, but there also might be just that they're figuring out the position flexibility. I think we saw Rooker two or three times last week play in the outfield, which is huge. They're telling us his story as soon. Nick Kurtz's strikeouts are a bit of a problem, but I just don't think it's going to hold back with that A's team winning, so he continues to hit. He's not running into any bad streak. Nick kurt should be up this week. Nick kurt should be there this week without question or we riot all right.
Speaker 3: Or we riot there.
Speaker 2: You have it, everybody, make sure you check out We're all the Welsh prospect news you can possibly handle over Fancybros dot com and of course join us every single Monday live for prospecting with the Welsh right here on Fantasy pros MLB.
Speaker 5: Does it ever feel like you're a marketing professional.
Speaker 3: Just speaking into the void?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 5: Well, With LinkedIn ads, if you can know you're reaching the right decision makers. You can even target buyers by job titled industry company seniority skills.
Speaker 3: Wait did I say job title yet?
Speaker 5: Get started today and see how you can avoid the void and reach the right buyers with LinkedIn ads will even give you a one hundred dollars credit on your next campaign. Get started at LinkedIn dot com. Slash results, turns and conditions apply.
Speaker 3: Let's fly around the league here with a little three up and three down. Reese Hoskins three for five with a homer.
Speaker 2: Four rbi there for the Brewers yesterday, and a stolen base for good measure. Jake Irvin was terrific, but it was against the Rockies. Still nine strikeouts. That's a great that's an accomplishment for there for Jake Irvin. Zach Netto won for three, his first home run of the season. He came back this week, so good for zach Netto. We love to see him coming back. Three down, Charlie Morton, the milk's gone bad. Charlie Morton, it's not good.
Speaker 4: Seven runs the slave, save face, Charlie.
Speaker 2: Slap, slap, two and a third innings here. His era is now at ten to eight to nine. Yikes, Charlie Morton. Come on, man, it's time to ride off into the sunset.
Speaker 3: Do you want to see? Was it Jacob Young?
Speaker 2: Is that who was brought up earlier this week for the Baltimore Orioles right to make a start. We're gonna go back to that route. We gotta do something here, or has got to figure something out.
Speaker 4: They gonna make a trade. No, they got to make a trade. I mean, they got a couple guys, they got like Chance McDermott, and they've had kid Povich, and you know, there's a couple of young players. But that team needs to not be experimenting with young pitchers.
Speaker 2: Jacob Young, the name of the what's the name of the Baltimore Oriole guy that just got called up and got sent down.
Speaker 4: I have no idea who you're talking about. Kate Povich.
Speaker 3: No, not kid Povich. I would have said kid Povich. It was another picture was.
Speaker 4: Just this week, Maury Povich.
Speaker 3: That's it, Maury Povich. I'll find it here in a second. Here. Also not good.
Speaker 2: Joe Ryan six runs, eight hits, five innings against the Braves and Jake Berger over three. He continues his descent into madness. One seventy nine batting average. It's also got twenty one strikeouts and only one walk in seventy played appearances.
Speaker 3: That is little, my friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a little a little worried about that take. I'm buying on him, but sometimes these little streaks extend a little bit longer ten man leagues. You could easily probably move on.
Speaker 2: All right, I gotta fight somebody. Drop the name of that picture I'm thinking about.
Speaker 4: Well, right there, Brandon Young, Brandon, what did I say, Jacob Young?
Speaker 2: It's just my first day back, give me a give me a rest here. I gotta figure that out. And you know what I should have done before the show, Welsh, You know, just to make sure that my performance level was running at its highest. Oh, you know, if you train hard, you show up here for the show. But lately, you know, something feels off and you're getting your youngs mixed up. Maybe you're a little fatigued after you know, the change in time back and forth and the time zone and the flying and all that stuff, and recovery can take longer. Maybe my performance isn't where he used to be. These are signs maybe of low testosterum, a condition affecting about thirty percent of adult men in America and Kaisa Trex is an FDA approved testosterone replacement therapy designed for men just like me and you. It's not an injection, it's not a geil. It's a twice daily pill that seamlessly fits into your active lifestyle, helping restore your testosterone to optimal levels. So don't let low t hold you back like it did. Me just now screw it up the names of a guy. Visit kisatrecks dot com to learn more and find a provider near you who can help you get started today. That's hiatrex dot com, Kyza t r ex dot com. Now it's a why prescription only. Kisa trex is a controlled substance and it can be the target of abuse. Kaisa Trecks is not for use in pregnant women or men with prostate or breast cancer. A safety and an efficacy in those younger than eighteen.
Speaker 3: Is not known. We don't know. Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: Right now, tell your doctor about all medical conditions and medications you're on. Series side effects. They could include increased blood pressure, worsening prostate symptoms, increase risk of prostate cancer, blood clots and legs or lungs, decreased berm count, yikes, liver problems in larger, painful breasts, and breathing problems while you sleep. Common side effects include swelling of the feet, ankles, or body, increased bread blood cell count, increase in prostate specific antigen or PSA levels, and PSA is a test used to detect prostate cancer. Report those symptoms to your doctor. Call your doctor to learn more about Kaisa Trecks. For questions and more information, physic chisatrecs dot com or call one eight three three nine four nine five zero four zero. Man, I miss that.
Speaker 4: Similar and miss similar side effects I have with doing a show with Joe piece of Yes, similar blood pressure, all those things are true. Yeah the rest the rest too. I was gonna start saying them, but.
Speaker 3: That's easy. Camera all right, Welsh, you know what time it is. It's time to talk about the injuries. We'll trying to run through these two and we're running along. It's a Monday, is what we do on Mondays. Rangers activated White Langford. That's great.
Speaker 2: Lewis Ray scary moment there where he got knocked down in that collision at first base bammy. Yeah not good, but luckily he was released from the hospital, so thank goodness. Marlin's put Griffin Conan on the sixty day IL with a left shoulder dislocation. He's gonna have a bunch of tests, shame. I kind of like him as a player, certainly big fan of his dad. So this is a bummer here for the Marlins. AJ Puck your dude. Fifteen day IL elbow inflammation Welsh panic time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like that. Elbow inflammation is horrific. I'd also point out here's a little tidbit I'm gonna throw out, he didn't go to Justin Martinez in a high leverage situation. I think he's still the guy. But Shelby Miller has one of the best fastballs out right now completely reworked his stuff. Kevin Ginkle's not healthy. Who would also get save opportunities. I would not be surprised if a save opportunity or two gets thrown to now. Shelby did actually technically that kind of blow the save yesterday and got the win. But they might look at Shelby. I think this is an arrow up for Justin Martinez, but I don't think it is a all saves go to Justin Martinez situation. I'm worried that Puck is gonna be out for a while.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's bad news there, so make your plans accordingly. On the closer front, Kerry Carpenter left Sunday's game with a hamstring soreness issue. He's gonna go testing today. Tyler glass Night was just a cramp in his calf, so seems to be Okay, he's gonna make his next start. I know the Toddravans were freaking out there for it was not good. It was not pretty there on social media for a little while. Can't afford to lose glass now ends now. Viento's just s hard to hit. Now, he's got a groin issue. We'll see if they put him on the el Springs dealing with a hamstring. He expects to make his next start. I know somebody earlier is acting what he did with Springs. I think he just hold him right now. Jack Lighter is gonna make his rehab start on Tuesday. That's good news. Maybe you'll make two, in which case you'd see him back next week, maybe just the one. We'll find out. Lucas Giolito Brian Beao both should be ready to go sooner than later. BeO actually is gonna be activated for tomorrow's game against the Mariners. Today they're playing baseball right now because Patriot Day. It's always fun there in Boston, and the Mets have got two guys returning. Francisco Alvarez and Jeff McNeil both look to come back probably later this week. The question is McNeil a utility guy. I think the answer is yes, we'll find out pretty soon. Welsh, It's time for the best bets of today with Joey p and the Welsh. Let's take a look at it. I like Spencer Schwellenbach, No Jays, all the Schwellenbach right now. Five and a half strikeouts at minus one twelve.
Speaker 3: This is a gimme.
Speaker 2: I want this one all the time, and for s's and g's, I want to pair it with just the Braves on the money line today, you can push that number all the way with the over on the strikeouts to plus one fifty two. In between that some other things that I'm on today. Kevin Gossman six plus k's and the alternate strike line, you can get that up to plus one fifty eight. Gosman's been terrific this year, really kind of I think when the unsung heroes of starting pitching in Fantasy baseball. I don't think we're giving him enough credit for getting back and bouncing back because last year was not good, it was very inconsistent. Gosman's been terrific. I like this matchup for him and Bryce Harper against the Mets. The Mets Killer Bryce Harper do you drive in a run plus one seventy five. Those are my bets for Monday, Welsh, what are yours?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm with you with the schwelly bach. A couple of people noticing they're going, oh lol, look at the different odds. Well, there are different books. We definitely highly encourage you to go and use our code over on FanDuel. Five bucks gets you two hundred fantasypros dot Com slash leading off. There's your code. Get that offer. I'm sorry, bettingpros dot Com slash FanDuel completely wrong one Betting Pros dot Com Slash FanDuel bet five when two fifty there you go. I don't even know if that's our ad. If that's our new one, that's great, it's even better. But go and check that out. You can get different odds at different books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a shocker for well, that's why you have Bedding Pros app, which by the way, and it'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you and I did so I got a little bit better than Joe, so minus one ten. I will say. The funny thing is here we're not doing no run first inning. We're just doing no run first we're abbreviating it with a NERF, not a nerf fee Miami Cincinnati. We just forgot the I but minus one forty. You've got Mayor and you've got Lidolo. I like that one quite a bit. Miami at the very bottom of first run scoring. Cincinnati's a little bit on that middle side, but two really good pitchers. So we're gonna go with no runs there, and we're gonna go with the Yankees first five money line. Clerk Schmidt is back. There's some wind blowing out there. Gavin Williams has not been great, but we are gonna be going for at least the push. That's a good thing we get on first five money lines. But we're gonna go Yankees first five. We got a NERF and we've got Schwelly the Schwellenbach. Those are my bets for the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I also put my bets in at like six in the morning, East Coast time, whereas Welsh will do his, you know, probably a little closer to showtime.
Speaker 3: Also, you know, a little.
Speaker 4: Mine are all over the place. Sometimes I do mine of the night before, yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the night before.
Speaker 2: So it's you know, we're different time zones, different people. But the best way to make sure you're always getting the best line is, of course, by using the Betting Pros app. And right now we've got a free trial Betting Pros today, seven free days of Betting Pros Premium.
Speaker 3: This is the best week to do it.
Speaker 2: Because not only do you have baseball, but you've got the NFL Draft going on, lots of fun wagers on that. We've got tons of content on the NFL Draft again, on Fantasy Pros and on Betting Pros. So download the VP app today. Use that promo code leading off, because when you do, you'll unlock the exclusive betting tools for the MLB prop At cheat Sheet, the Betting System, Same Game, Parlay, Sharp AI, all of it in our premium tool suite on Betting pro. So download that bad boy. This is a perfect week for the free seven day trial. Use it become a better, better over at Betting Pros. All right, let's move on to home run calls. Let's take a look at the board. I didn't make any Amazon vacation, so you're never going to see me on the board this year.
Speaker 3: That just happened.
Speaker 2: So who is in the running for the Sami Ceza jersey.
Speaker 3: Well, we have far out.
Speaker 2: We have Marty and Cookie Cookie Jibs Cookie Jibs all at twelve very impressive. Also impressive the Welsh with nine. God, I'm just I'm just basking in your glory. Remember you go to our discord Fancy Rose dot com, slash chat, join the home run Channel. Make your bets for not your bets, make your picks for home runs. Sammy Sosa jersey autograph from Pristine Auction can be yours Welsh, Where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 4: We are gonna go down to San Diego or to me, it's like a little bit over to the left, We're gonna go to San Diego. I'm playcating to Cali. I'm like, hey, Cal, you're doing a great job. Let's go with your boy. I'm gonna go And i will say this, A lot of people are posting this, you know, and very lightly saying it. But there's some Nick Castiano bets because something happened in the world saw that most there's gonna be the most bet person. I'm I'm gonna go against what the rule of law has told us in baseball for Nick Castianos, I'm going with Manny Machado at around four and a half to one. I really like that matchup Kider Montero. It's so wrong, gimme Machado. But Castianos will be the number one most bet home run player today.
Speaker 3: I like that you chose the Padres on the same day that the Pope passed away.
Speaker 4: I did a different dress.
Speaker 2: Not be lost on everybody that Welsh still stuck with some sort of theme, not just Castianos. But yeah, that was really funny. I didn't I was not expecting that. I love the Peanuts and Crackerjacks. You guys make me laugh.
Speaker 3: I love it. I hope we make you laugh.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about Bryce Harper plus five twenty for a home run today against the Mets. The Metskiller Bryce Harper, Tyler the Terrible on the mound. Yeah, I think we can get there. I think we can get there with Bryce Harper today. So give me Harper for the home run called Welsh.
Speaker 3: It's good to see you.
Speaker 2: It's good to see all my Peanuts and Cracker Jacks. I know a lot of people are off this week spring break with the kiddos and everything. Remember you can always watch us back on demand on the YouTube channel. Subscribe Today we're trying to get to thirty thousand subscribers, and we could do it with your help at Fantasy Pros m LB. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh.
Speaker 3: I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 2: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB