Speaker 1: A bit of sad news. I mean, she seemed like one of the happiest people ever on earth. I didn't know her really well. Dolly Parton has passed away at 80. She was scheduled, I think it was last weekend, Linda. You can correct me if I'm wrong, to appear. I think it was supposed to be at Dollywood. I have been there in my life. Remember, I lived, you know, what, about an hour away from Nashville. Hour and a half away from Nashville when I was in Huntsville broadcasting locally from 90 to 92. And went up there a lot. And, you know, Grand Old Opry. One of the great honors of my life was actually hosting the Grand Old Opry. And I couldn't believe it. Still to this day, they gave me a gift that I really cherish. And it was WSM, which is the call letters for what was the country music AM radio station. And just legendary call letters. And, and they gave me like these bookends of it. And I, to this day, I still have them. And, uh, I'm very honored to have them. It was a great honor to be there. I couldn't believe that asked me to do it. And I was like, you sure me, you may have the wrong person. Um, she just was always somebody filled with joy and happiness seemed to have a great marriage. I mean, I know a little bit about her life. Um, enjoy, just seemed happy at all times. And, You know, she put out this statement to her fans that she wasn't feeling well and went against every bone in her body not to be able to attend an event. And she said she had hoped to be able to see everybody again soon. And maybe one of the funniest moments is Dolly partner with John Johnny Carson. Do you remember that, Linda? Did you ever see that clip anywhere? It's gone. It's still viral for crying out loud. Just a different era. Why are you so quiet today? You're quiet today. Well, I didn't want to..
Speaker 2: It seemed like you were having this dream of consciousness and remembering Dolly Parton. I thought it was pretty nice. I didn't think it was appropriate for me to interrupt. But yes, she had just recently canceled an appearance at Dollywood about a week ago. And she's been having health issues and telling people she's having health issues. God bless her. And obviously, her last performance was in June. And I had recently seen an interview with her and I just thought to myself, I was like, wow, she is at it. I mean, for 79, 80 years old, she was like living life, which I kind of love.
Speaker 1: You know, I just, it's just a reality of life. I mean, I have two podcasts. We just dropped one today. Oh my gosh. It's so funny. I had Clay and Buck on from the Clay and Buck show and they're both friends of mine, been friends of mine for a long time. And we had Buck on about his book. I mean, he knows more about indoctrination and psychopolitics, brainwashing than any one person I ever met. And it's always been a topic in my head that I don't talk a lot about that I've always been interested in. So we talk about that. We talk about who we think is going to be the Democratic nominee in 2028. And I think me and me and Buck tend to think I don't know why Clay thinks it's going to be Kamala Harris. I'm like, I'll take that bet. But maybe the best part or one of the best parts of the podcast is when Clay ups the ante with the WNBA in light of all the news that we've had this week. And there's been a ton of it. And it just never seems to go away is he said, I'm going to up the ante and he did it on the podcast. And now he's willing to allow the team of his choice of eighth grade boys that he gets to pick to play last year's WNBA championship in He's not even betting. He's just saying if your team wins, if the WNBA wins, he'll give the Vegas team, which won last year, $ 10 million. If they win, I'm sorry, if his team wins, he's not asking for anything. He's just trying to prove a point, which is what Enes Kanter Freedom is trying to do. And considering they have such a hard time, ESPN reporting that their sources are saying they think the WNBA, which can't define what a woman is, is not going to let Cantor Freedom be in the draft in 2017. He had the incident over the weekend where he got thrown out of the stadium, and all he was doing was cheering Sophie Cunningham, which is insane. Anyway, our prayers to Dolly Parton's family, and honestly, she was a legend in so many different ways, and I know country music fans around the country are sad today. It is runoff day in the state of South Carolina. I just can't believe it. Later on at the top of the next hour, we'll have my friend Matt Towery, insider manager on. I want to get his take on this. And our mutual friend, Robert Cahaly with Trafalgar. I don't trust many pollsters. This election year, I am saying to everybody, don't pay attention to any of these polls. I mean, when you have, you know, this race in Wisconsin, with Francesca Hong, and wow, people predicting as high as 30% victory on her end, and in many polls, multiple polls showing 20%, and she loses by 3,000. I am telling you that these polls are so bad, you can't pay attention to them. There's only certain pollsters I pay attention to and trust, and we put them on this program and put them on TV. And one of them is Robert Cahaley Trafalgar, John McLaughlin, McLaughlin & Associates, Matt Towery, They've all three nailed the 2016 presidential election, 2020 presidential election and 2024 presidential election. So get this. Robert Cahaly did his final Trafalgar poll for this special election runoff. And he has it 47.9 percent for Darlene Graham, who I'm supporting. And I'll explain why in a minute. Ralph Norman at 47.8 percent, a tenth of a point difference. I mean, my mind, Linda, I don't know. Do you remember a race on election day, a tenth of a point or dead even? I just rarely happens. But that's how close it is now. It is the middle of August. Republicans now, this is like the third or fourth time they've been asked in South Carolina to go out and vote. You know, most people, well, although in places like South Carolina, I guess it's back to school time for the kids. So maybe people are in their regular routine, but it's not. This is not going to be a high turnout election today. I can guarantee you that. It's going to be, you know, a who gets out their base voters, their base supporter election. And for the record, I have nothing against Ralph Norman, but I can tell you why I'm supporting Darlene Graham. Darlene Graham, I know, is a staunch, reliable Trump voter. Just like a brother. And if anything, I think she's, you know, I used to argue with Lindsay all the time because Lindsay was so obsessed and focused on foreign policy issues. I'm like, will you please, if you wonder why Tim Scott, who I love, has a 20-point approval rating higher than yours, it's because he sticks to issues that impact the people of South Carolina. Darlene's run that kind of campaign. And she's saying that she's going to focus on bread and butter issues and she's not as... into and involved in, or frankly, I would say obsessed with, like her brother was, with foreign policy. Now, I happen to share that passion with Lindsay. I don't talk about it all the time. And there is great news coming out of Iran the last couple of days. I shared a lot of it with you yesterday. I don't know if we'll get into it today. And so for that reason, and the fact that Ralph did not support Donald Trump, he chose Nikki Haley. I have nothing against Nikki. I actually get along great with Nikki. I saw Nikki at the Columbia service for Lindsey Graham. I think I saw Ralph there for crying out loud. I saw Mark Sanford there. So everybody that was running there for crying out loud. And, you know, I have friendly relationships with everybody. It's not personal. But, you know, for the reason that I think. That gives me pause that he won't be a reliable Trump vote. And we need what Lindsey was, probably the biggest supporter. I know he's the best friend that the president had in both the House and the Senate. They played golf constantly. They talked every night. And he was President Trump's biggest champion. And I want that to continue. And, you know, Ralph, by supporting Nikki Haley over Donald Trump, I just don't have the same degree of confidence in it. And, you know, I always tell people how I'm going to vote when I get involved in primaries. I know people get alienated. I'm not trying to alienate anybody. I'm not saying anything bad about anybody. I'm just telling you what I and there's one other thing about Darlene that I want to point out here is, I mean, she was put in an impossible position and the way she has handled it to me has been so incredibly dignified and. and so full of grace and courage and all the adjectives I can throw at you. You know, she hears about the death of her brother, and the next day the governor of her state, Henry McMaster, who's a nice guy, you know, calls her and says, would you consider being the person to finish the term of your brother? Because Republicans needed a vote in the Senate the following Tuesday. Before any memorial, any funeral, before she even mourned her brother. And then the president got involved, and the president called her. And, you know, what is maybe one of the worst times in anybody's life when you lose somebody so close to you, and you don't have a chance to mourn them, bury them, and you're called by your president and called by your governor to serve, and then to do it with the grace that she has done it with and be thrown into this, you know, this horrible world of politics, which is... It is... look it's called a blood sport for a reason it's just not pleasant a lot of it and she stepped up and she's in it to serve she described her differences to me. And I think she's more in line with Tim Scott in terms of focusing on South Carolina issues. However, we'll be a reliable vote for the president. I just have a question about Ralph Norman and a couple of other issues that I won't get into because I just don't want to go down that road. So, you know, The fact that she took up that challenge and wanted to serve at the request of the president and the governor meant a lot to me. Tim Scott, I know, is supporting her as well and has been on the campaign trail. And a lot of other good people that were in the primary are supporting her. And I just admire the fact that she's done all of this. Now, today's election is going to be a low turnout election. And that means that every vote is going to matter. The polls close at 7 o'clock. That basically, you know, at this time, it gives you, what, three hours and 22 minutes to get out and vote if you're in South Carolina. I'm just telling you what I would do and why I would do it. And I just, it just, I have so much admiration for somebody that under those circumstances did it all. You know, obviously, I'm close to the family. I spoke at Lindsay's Memorial at the National Cathedral. I gave the eulogy there after the president. It was really only three people that spoke, one family member, one of the nieces of Senator Graham. The president spoke and I spoke. And it was an honor. I was just close to the family. And Lindsay and I just got very close. And one of the things I said is we both grew up in a bar. I mean, she has had a very hard, difficult life. She's run a massive organization with $ 125 million budget. and manage many, many people. She has a lot of experience, definitely not in the political arena, but I kind of see that as a plus myself too. And she's not a career politician. And she jumped in to serve when she was asked at the worst possible, one of the worst possible moments in life. You know, and it's the story about how poor they grew up is unbelievable to me. You know, I even joke, Lindsay and I both grew up in a bar. I was 12 years old, washing dishes, sitting at the bar, drinking two St. Pauli girls. I was 12 years old. I was 13 and I was a cook and I'd do the same thing every single night. I'd have two St. Pauli girls fly home on my bicycle. And, you know, I guess not a normal life, certainly not in this day and age. And then I become a helicopter parent. Go figure that one out. But Lindsay, they lost their parents. She was only 13 years old. Lindsay was the older brother. And as she said, Lindsay became not only a brother, but a mother and a father. And they grew up so poor. And they literally took a bath in like in a tub with a bucket for crying out loud. Lindsay described all this to me in the bar when it was the same like bathroom where the patrons use the bathroom and they threw a tub in there. uh so but he stopped what he was doing and he left school and he went to raise his sister and that became his mission in life um so i just i love the background i love the story i love the family i know some people had issues i had issues with lindsey for crying out loud i used to yell at him all the time um but you know he was a good man who loved his country And the president loved them, and they had the best relationship. I think there's nobody that was closer, I think, in the Senate or House that was an elected official more than Lindsey Graham. They were best friends, period, end of sentence, full stop. And so we'd even have three-way conversations a lot. And Lindsey would drag me into these calls all the time. He was very interesting. He traveled more to the Middle East. And to Ukraine, because that was his passion. He wanted peace with Russia and Ukraine. He wanted an end to that conflict. You know, his big dream was hopefully before this midterm in 70 days, he wanted a lasting peace deal in the Middle East. That was his hope. And he had the people have the impression that he was a big warmonger. No, he wanted a path to peace that would be lasting for once in the Middle East. Anyway, 800-941-SHAWN. If you're in South Carolina, you got, let's see, 39 minutes and three hours if you want to vote. Polls close at 7. We'll probably know by 9 when I come on the air what the outcome is. This is a tenth of a point difference. Your vote actually really matters today.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: We have a lot going on. Again, our condolences to Dolly Parton's family. Our best. If you're in South Carolina, the runoff today, it's going to be a turnout election. Very, very close. A tenth of a point, according to Robert Gahele Trafalgar. And remember, that also has a margin of error of three, four points like every poll. So you can't hold anybody to it. You know, I've got an unbelievable story I'm going to share with you later in the program. And it's when you hear it, you'll be shocked. I'll tell you about that coming up.
Speaker 3: Now that we made some money for our sponsors let's go back to making the liberals crazy the hand man is back on the radio right now um let.
Speaker 1: Me just spell out and it's it's not just that okay you've got what three hours and 23 minutes now if you want to vote in south carolina today I'd be voting for Darlene Graham. That's my preferred choice because I think she's going to be a guaranteed reliable vote with Donald Trump, and we need it. We have too many rogue people there that just, it's been so frustrating watching them not even getting the SAVE Act passed. She supports that, and she's a big supporter of President Trump and will be that reliable vote like her brother was. Look, you got to understand this environment. We are running against the most radical, extreme Democratic Party that I have ever seen in my lifetime. I've never seen anything. This is a party that voted against no tax on tips, no tax on overtime, no tax on social security. They are out of touch with your life and they're proud of it. They are the ones pushing this Green New Deal. They are the ones that have now, since 2019, 250 democratic socialists, communists really, that have been elected that are in office today. We'll have over 40 more of them on the ballot this year. It's not just Al-Sayed. There's a bunch of them all over the country. Right now, they have 250 in 40 states. This is not just a Northeast phenomenon or a California or New Jersey, Illinois problem. This is an America problem. And, you know, again, I'm waiting for the day that they eventually follow AOC's lead and they just dismiss with what they really believe in, because now they're just going to hide what they really believe in. That's part of their strategy. That's why James Carville praised AOC for saying, oh, no, no, I don't believe in defund the police. That was 1.0 woke crazy. No, she does believe it. She hasn't changed her heart. Bernie Sanders, I don't know anybody who wants to defund the police. Yeah, like the entire D.S.A. Because they actually have in writing to defund the police and abolish prisons and abolish the police. That's in writing. Eliminate the Senate. We no longer choose our president. They pack the courts on the borders. They want to abolish borders. They want amnesty for illegals. They want ICE. You know, get rid of ICE. End all deportation. They want to eliminate cash bail. Again, abolish prisons and police. Then, of course, they want to defund the Department of War.
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Really? As if, you know, we don't have geopolitical enemies like China and Russia and Iran and a whole host of other countries. Oh, just defund the Department of War. Don't even pay for it. Never mind the Green New Deal, which is, you know, guaranteed government healthy food. Guaranteed date night coverage, according to Mamdani in New York. If you want to go on a date night, we'll give you free daycare. As if your kids aren't indoctrinated enough in government-run schools that have failed spectacularly. It's just it's unbelievable, you know, but, you know, guaranteed daycare. So we're going to have liberal indoctrination starting at an even younger age before they even get to a public school. Then, of course, you know, school is going to be free. School is a disaster. Government run schools are a disaster. Government health care, Obamacare, they promise keep your doctor plan, save money. That's a disaster, a failure. Lockbox, Social Security, a failure. But they're going to guarantee a government job, government salary, government healthy food, government retirement, government health care. Guarantee, guarantee, guarantee, guarantee. And they have no earthly idea how much this would ever cost the American people. All they know is they want to be empowered. And if they're empowered, then they would move forward with this radicalized agenda. Even those that have now looked at the polling and see that it's not popular with you, the American people. You know, again, that's why I want somebody that supports we're running against the swamp and we're running against radical, extreme leftist liberals, socialists, Marxist communists stated. I don't care what you want to call them. They are who they are, you know. and the president, like, okay, you know, just look at how the American people feel. They don't talk about Donald Trump's success. They don't ever want to. They're never going to point out the radicalism of the candidates they are supporting. They won't do it. The legacy media mob is corrupted and abusively biased. And they want, in 70 days, they want these radicals in power. They won't do their job and vet these candidates. That's why I think a show like this is important. Thank you for your support. Because besides me on Fox and here and a few of us on radio and a few on podcast land and a few, there's not a lot of us. And there is an information crisis in the country. You know, not a single illegal alien has been released into our country for 15 months. We had over 12 million illegals that we know of. How many gotaways we don't even know. And then we know out of the 12 million that from 200 countries, we know known terrorists got into the country, released into the country. We know no murderers got in and rapists and child molesters and other violent criminals and cartel and gang members. We know that all happened. The president stopped it, secured the border. Does anyone in the media ever say, hey, that was a really good job. The president proved that we can control the borders. Actually, when Biden, Harris, Mayorkas said they were just flat out lying. But this is all in the ballot in 70 days. And I don't think I know it's the middle of August. That's why, you know, I'm telling you, it's going to be a low turnout election. in the runoff in South Carolina today, but I'm just telling you, ISIS arrested 10,000 gang members. You know, they have literally thousands of children that were used to come into our country. They've been able to save these kids. Nobody ever talks about that either. Or the president taking on the Holt-Fentanyl Act or designating, you know, all these cartel and terrorist groups as terrorist groups, you know, Trend de Aragua, MS-13 and others. You know, on crime in 2025, God bless Kash Patel. Poor guy never gets any credit. Everyone attacks him constantly. You know, in 20 last year, you know, we have the lowest level murder rate in 125 years. Anyone in the media ever tell you that? No, they won't. You know, where that crime is is plummeted now for the first half of 2026 on top of that record year last year. And, you know, in the same period of time, murders are down 23%, violent crime down 10.6%, rapes down 18.6%, nine of the 10 most wanted FBI criminals, fugitives captured. Biden got four in four years. This is in 18 months. You know, DEI out a record 103% recruitment level in the military. The highest numbers we've seen in 15 years. I mean, it's unbelievable. You know, the president achieved record oil and gas production last year. This year, U.S. exports of crude and petroleum reached a record high. You know, Iran is now turning around in a massive way because of the economic stranglehold that Scott Besant said would work. I had a conversation with him. I interviewed him. He said it's going to work and it's going to work sooner than apparently it's working. You know, and these articles come out on it. I know, well, people don't, they're kind of tapped out, don't want to talk that much about Iran. I get it. I understand. But now we have a record, you know, high of exports in oil and petroleum products. Well, president opening up millions of acres for oil, gas and coal. It is the lifeblood of the world's economy. Why would we be reliant? I mean, one of the things the president doesn't get any credit for, which I'm like, this is a big, big deal. is the $ 11 trillion in investments for semiconductor chips for pharmaceuticals in this country. And now we're bringing back automobile manufacturing in this country. The jobs Obama said never coming back. I mean, you don't ever hear about it. You know, and on top of that, you know, look at the president, what he did to Washington, D.C. Look at the president. We're going to get to this later in the program. I mean... you know, the president took on issues involving, oh yeah, there are two sexes, male and female. Oh, how controversial of the president. Wait till you hear this case. You know, the president declared there, it's the official policy of our government, two sexes, male and female, ban federal funding, sponsorship, promotion of chemical surgical mutilation for your kids. Any Democrat going to do that? Not that I know of. The Trump administration ended the un-American indoctrination of kids, terminating federal support for gender ideology and equity curriculum. How about we stick to reading, writing, math, science, computers? How about kids get familiar with AI? Look at all the places abroad that the president, I've named it the last few days, that he's played a role in bringing peace to because he cares about peace. Good grief. You've been trying to even get Putin and Zelensky to end this ridiculous war in Europe. You know, it's just it just keeps on going. But I got to give the Ukrainians credit. I mean, they've gone deep into Russian territory now. And everything I'm reading is Putin is panicking. He doesn't know how to deal with it. You know, the president got, you know, the greatest deregulation effort by any president in history by revoking Obama's endangerment finding the largest deregulatory action in American history. Unbelievable. Saving $ 1. 3 trillion. Never hear about that either. You're never going to hear about any of this. You know, and all of this stuff. No tax on tips, overtime, Social Security. Where do the Democrats vote on that? Again, they're not where we are. You know, if you look at your paycheck, most of you, doesn't matter what socioeconomic background you're from, you're taking on more money this year. Well, gas prices are high, Mr.
Speaker 2: Hennig.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, the Fed is predicting 4.4% growth, the Atlanta Fed, for the third quarter of this year. That's a lot. And they're pretty reliable. You know, but it's, I'm just telling you that this is a whole different world. All of this will come to an end. You know, the Democrats, you know, they voted for the largest tax increase in history while Republicans voted for the largest tax cut in history. How many people hear that on legacy corrupt politics? abusively biased media. You don't. You know, the biggest tax cut for working families that we've ever seen. The lowest drug prices we've ever seen. You know, we now get first favored nation status for drugs, which were killing a lot of people. And that, you know, right to try was in his first term. You know, it's, he's dealt directly with these pharmaceutical companies. He's dealing directly with You know, grocery store chains. You know, but where are the Democrats? They voted for a $ 4 trillion tax hike where Republicans, no tax tips, overtime Social Security. Crazy. You know, does anyone ever talk about that? No. They just don't. You know, President says, no, you don't get taxed on a second job. You know, you just don't. Democrats have never met a tax they won't raise, ever. You know, you don't. How do you think they're going to pay for this Green New Deal madness that they're pushing? You know, OK, well, the president didn't like it. Came within one vote. John McCain stopped it. You know, the Obamacare user fee rebate because Biden's Washington overcharged working families on health insurance. They caught it. Six hundred dollar check sent out to the American people. Liberals, they knew about the overcharge. They kept it. The lowest drug prices ever, ever. In other words, a big pharma sells. I hate that word, by the way, but I'm just using the common terminology here. If they're selling drugs cheaper in Europe, no, we get most favored nation status. For example, seniors, you know, for example, GLP-1, the weight loss drugs, you know, 50 bucks GLP-1 deal gets extended to every American. Democrats, no, they've been in the pocket of, you know, the teachers unions, the pocket of, you know, all these special interest groups. That's where they get their money to run their campaigns. It's unbelievable. you know, cut out the drug dealing middlemen in all of this. The president's dealing directly with the companies. Democrats have never done that. You think they're going to do that? The president saved rural hospitals. Remember he spent $ 50 billion to do that. Dr. Oz talked at length about it on this program, you know, and, and this is what is at stake here. Big food companies, you know, shrinking the boxes changed, you know, charging the same price, uh, You know, Democrats, portability, they just throw out slogans and bumper stickers and want you to buy it. It's pretty unbelievable to me. Making AI pay for their own power. Yeah, you got to build it. You got to pay it. The American people are not going to pay for all this because it needs an enormous amount of power. I am just telling you, you know, for the Senate, it's Michigan, Iowa, Alaska, Ohio, New Hampshire, Texas and Maine. For the rest of the country, all of you have to vote for your local congressman or congresswoman or you're going to get the government you deserve. And I'm just I'm telling you, there's never in my lifetime been any anybody, any party this extreme, which creates an opportunity in the sense that, you know, historical trends, I don't think are applicable. but we'll find out in 70 days. But it's up to you. We will get the government we end up deserving. All right, it is runoff day in the state of South Carolina. We'll check in with our friend, our poster friend, Matt Towery. It's a one-tenth of a point race, and later you'll hear a story about a nine-year-old girl that'll break your heart.