Speaker 1: Hey, we started the episode. Welcome to serial Killers. It's episode seventy five. I'm Scottie B and I'm Andrew and our special guest today, Elvis Durant is joining us.
Speaker 2: What am I eating? I go blueberry?
Speaker 1: We started already, Jesus, just start the whole thing off. But remember we'll just start with this one.
Speaker 3: You start the holding over geez over here talking. He's not even on the microphone. You can't even hear anything with this one. I can't be a part of this podcast?
Speaker 4: Is serial killers? Fuck? Is that.
Speaker 1: All right? Let's just get into it. So, welcome to episode seventy five. It's serial Killers. Today is Friday. Hope you had a great week. What kind of intro was that? This is no fun? But I think serial killers. I think fun and festive and fruity. What we need a fruity intro? Make us a fruity intro.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, So it's a pleasure to be here a part of the serial Killers podcast, number seventy five. If it's crazy, it is, it's here with Scottie Bee and Andrew.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. Now put me to work.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, since you're our guest, would you like the classic cereal or the new cereal first. Yes, okay, we'll go with the new one. So this one's been out for about a year, but we still get to call it new. We had the vanilla variety of this. So Andrew's gonna hate this one because he doesn't like mint. So I'm gonna go down to the cereal sack.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling anywhere you going the cereal sack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in the cereal sack and I come out with drumstick cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh, drumsticks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is mint chocolate, right, So this is from General Mills and it's been around.
Speaker 2: We're doing the Cereal Killers podcast. We're not allowed in here.
Speaker 1: Ah, hey guys, they invite me in all the time. But he only eats cereal with heavy cream.
Speaker 2: I'm the guest today, you know. So okay, so this is new drumstick Cereal with mint.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's mint chocolate from General Mills. Open her up. I'm doing the Scotty shake first.
Speaker 4: Because he's convinced that the pieces all go to different places.
Speaker 1: That's right. Well, you know, because it settles during shipment and you need to get all the pieces mixed in.
Speaker 2: Scotty tends to overthink things.
Speaker 1: But I like that.
Speaker 4: Do you like mint chocolate?
Speaker 2: See? I do you do?
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite ice creams from when I used to work at Basket and Robin's. Here, give me a little sample.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't hand jam here do? They can't do that? But okay, no, no, put in the cup.
Speaker 2: Okay mm.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 1: No, don't say if you like it or not yet. Oh hold on, I'm not saying if I like. Sorry, you need sound effects. Okay.
Speaker 2: First of all, how old is this box? What's the expiration date?
Speaker 1: It's May?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Why is it stale? I didn't say anything. You told me not to say anything.
Speaker 3: Would like whole milk or skim clim okay, skim clem clem, by the way is backwards for milk.
Speaker 4: This seems interesting?
Speaker 2: What's that? What? What are you noticing?
Speaker 4: It just kind of looks like a weird checks mix.
Speaker 1: Well, no, if you look at it, it actually looks like Golden Grams with cocoa puffs. It does, and the sort of cookie crisp with Sobby peas and.
Speaker 3: All the other Those Sobby peas are the mint component spoons. I'll drink it and just go all right, I will tell you when i've When can I start talking about it?
Speaker 1: What to eat it? What are you drinking it already? On two or three? Here we go.
Speaker 3: It tastes stale. It tastes rancid, and I'm not kidding you. Something's been sitting around too long.
Speaker 1: It tastes like Golden Grams with mint, but it's a mint Golden Gram.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's all that offensive. I just think it's old.
Speaker 4: I think it's offensive and it's old. I'm not a fan. I feel like the mint is just not good. Why would you put mint in a cereal?
Speaker 1: I kind of like the flavor. I'm giving it three balls. No, oh, we have a five ball scale.
Speaker 2: Oh you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: I listen, Okay. I only give it two balls, and I think it's because I think it's stale.
Speaker 4: I like the cocoa puffs and the Golden gram pieces, but I do not like the mint, and as a result, I will give it one bowl and a spoon.
Speaker 2: I don't mind the mint, but it's not something I want to eat every morning. Maybe just one little bite. I'm done for the year.
Speaker 4: It's too much.
Speaker 2: The mint is way too much do you give it? Three balls? I give it two balls? How many balls do you give it?
Speaker 4: One ball and a spoon?
Speaker 1: Well, you suck. What's a spoon? That's a half a bawl? It's so stupid.
Speaker 2: Why do you have half a bowle?
Speaker 4: Now it's next he has to find his sound effects.
Speaker 2: Shut up, Dick, this is the worst podcast ever.
Speaker 1: No, but when it gets edited, you can't hear all this craft good, Right, So I'm gonna go down to the cereal sack and get the classic. This is another special ca variety. Okay, this one's been around in different incarnations for the last maybe ten years or so. Sometimes it's called protein, sometimes it's just called regular, And here it is special K protein original multi grain touch of cinnamon from kelos Oh.
Speaker 2: I would like to okay, I should not assume anything.
Speaker 4: We've had way too many special case. How are there this many special case?
Speaker 1: There is still probably about another dozen special case we have not had yet.
Speaker 4: Wow, aren't they the same after a while? Though?
Speaker 2: No, No, this is a touch of semonon.
Speaker 1: It smells very cinnamony. It says only a touch of semonon is a lot more than a touch. That is a lot I.
Speaker 2: Don't want any milk with this. I have to go to lunch. You're filling me up.
Speaker 1: You have to have milk. It's it's a requirement.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're get it. Give me, give me.
Speaker 1: Here's just a splash.
Speaker 2: We used to do a lot of special k when we went to the Roxy on the weekends.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm as straight as they come.
Speaker 2: Not really, hm, So.
Speaker 1: You know this one tastes sale to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the consistency is sort.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, they're not very it's a weird crunchy.
Speaker 2: I give it. I give it two bowls.
Speaker 4: I don't necessarily think you're going to finish it. Yeah, it tastes like I'm actually chewing on a cinnamon stick.
Speaker 2: I will tell you.
Speaker 3: The consistency of this flake makes you feel like you're eating something healthy because it's something you that they've sucked all the fun out of and made it healthy.
Speaker 1: Two bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 4: It's a challenge to chew well.
Speaker 1: I mean it's nice because sugar is the fourth ingredient, which is not terrible, so it is a bit less sugary than many of the other ship.
Speaker 3: The consistency makes you feel like you're working to eat it, which makes you feel like you're eating something healthy.
Speaker 1: Well, and you also need something else in there that this should come with strawberries or something inside of it.
Speaker 4: No, no, strawberries and cinnamon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 4: I don't think that's a good flavor combo.
Speaker 1: You're not making fun of me because Elvis is here, Like, I mean, you.
Speaker 4: Haven't really said anything to make fun of you.
Speaker 1: Four Okay, you please.
Speaker 2: I don't like cereal.
Speaker 4: So far, you've given me two duds, yeah, two balls.
Speaker 1: All right, then let's do this one, Serial Killers. It's our bonus box.
Speaker 2: Oh I love a bonus box. Yeah, because you know, you call me that in high school.
Speaker 1: They still call me that. So in high school, whenever I go visit the high school, they call me mister bonus Box. So I was in Trader Joe's over the weekend with my daughter and I found this one very interesting.
Speaker 3: What I can't hear you out? Your butt crack is hanging out. What what'd you find? Let's stay in the ice cream theme. We've had the drumstick Cereal Like, what what's the problem?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's this?
Speaker 1: It's Neapolitan puffs Cereal from Trader Joe's.
Speaker 3: Okay, does everyone knows know what neapolitan and ice cream is. It's the three layers of ice cream. It's like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry.
Speaker 1: That's right, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla cereal puffs flavored with other natural flavors.
Speaker 4: You were the one who said that we can't do supermarket cereal, and then you bought Trader joe cereal, and that's for some reason, Okatie, why.
Speaker 2: Can't you do supermarket cereals? That's stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, we're starting to branch into that well, because I can only do supermarket cereals that are national brands because people that can't get them in other parts of the country. It's not fair. But Trader Joe's is a national chain.
Speaker 2: You have over there, you have a high.
Speaker 3: V cereal from the Midwest. How did you get it? Well, that came because the Midwest.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: A listener sent that to us. He loves the show and thought it was an interesting cereal, so we sent it over to us.
Speaker 2: I'm getting full, I gotta go to lunch.
Speaker 1: I'll just give you a little bit. These boxes suck very thin and flimsy.
Speaker 2: Your box is thin and flimsy.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why you have to judge the box. It's if it's a good cereal, it's a good cereal. Also, we did all the is an all the U? Or is that national?
Speaker 1: All these are national? Oh chain? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Are you guys always so negative because this is a negative vibe in.
Speaker 4: This No, we're very positive. We say a lot of nice things about the cereals, just not these.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so this is the Trader Joe Neapolitan puffs.
Speaker 2: I just want its just a little tiny.
Speaker 1: One needs whole milk.
Speaker 2: No, there's such a mixologist.
Speaker 4: Like. I'm in a bar, a cereal bar.
Speaker 2: I'm wiggling.
Speaker 4: This one actually looks really good.
Speaker 2: They're very crunchy.
Speaker 1: By the way, we are very flunky.
Speaker 3: I just broke a tooth. Well, you know what, I'm not overly offended by the cereal.
Speaker 4: At first I thought I would be, and then I let it settle. I actually like this a lot.
Speaker 3: You can taste the chocolate, and you can taste the vanilla, and you can taste the strawberry.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it all works very well together.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Oh it's made with beans.
Speaker 1: Oh, just one of those bean cereals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, made with beans and brown rice.
Speaker 3: I just farted for a bean and brown rice cereal and that crunch. I kind of like it. I give it four balls, baby, No, this is a ball and a spoon cereal. It's just like another bean crap from Love Growl that we have back there. Yeah, that's the same consistency that it has.
Speaker 4: This is delicious and if it's healthy, healthier then this special K protein. Why would I not eat something that Actually.
Speaker 3: This is always I'm just far again. This is Elvis Duran approved, but the beans are making me fart.
Speaker 4: I would give this three balls in a.
Speaker 2: Spoon, all right.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 2: I'm four bowls because I knew what or I want.
Speaker 1: See. I don't have any like eighties TV themes or anything cued up. Usually I stump Andrew with eighties TV themes because he's a millennial and doesn't know anything about anything. Right. But so, but we need to go a little bit longer, so I think I'm just gonna play.
Speaker 2: This Serial Killers in turn National.
Speaker 1: Yes, he sokey has a lunch.
Speaker 4: Why are you doing this to him?
Speaker 2: I'm still farting from the last cereal.
Speaker 3: I can't go overseas Hold on anyway, we've done a passport for this.
Speaker 1: Yes, So a friend of mine from high school was over in the UK not terribly long ago, and he dropped off a bunch of cereals in my house because he knows that we're into cereal. So we did one last week. I forget what it was. It was one of the Coco Pop varieties, and go back to your cereal bag. I'm back in my cereal sack and this is another Kellogg's Coco Pops. But it's white chocolate Coco Pops. Hmmm, this could be very interesting, white chocolate yumminess with thirty percent less sugar.
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, Alex, I'm in the middle of the Cereal Killers podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh well, don't don't die in a pile of milk.
Speaker 3: That's actually very good advice. May I call you back? I just ate some cereal man out of beans and I'm farting. Okay, by that was Alex.
Speaker 4: I really really like the Trader Joe cereal.
Speaker 2: I do too. That really gave it three bowls in one spoon. I gave it four bowls.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second. This is concerning me a little bit because the bag was taped shut, So.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't eat that.
Speaker 4: Why are we doing that? Then?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe he tried it. Don't eat it?
Speaker 3: No, you shouldn't. The bags open and taped shut, bag was taped. Don't eat that?
Speaker 2: So you stupid.
Speaker 4: You won't eat cereal if someone puts their spoon in your cup, but you'll eat an open box of.
Speaker 1: Cereal where the bag is also open. But I want to try it so badly. I've never had we off cereal before.
Speaker 2: I ask your friend if he opened it and taped it? Yes? Can we call right now? I got the phone.
Speaker 1: Now I don't have his number.
Speaker 2: All right? Well that worked twelve? So what else you?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, I'll go back down to the International Cereal sack. Hold on, my.
Speaker 3: God, I can't believe you were gonna give us down your face that bean cereals still particular.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was open. I had no idea. Okay, what's this new cereal from abroad? But these are rice crispies, multi grain shapes. Now snap cracks of what they look like they're on some sort of drug. They look whacked out of their minds. Oh my god, they are. They're tweaking their eyes are so terrified. It's like they took they ate the special k. Wow, these are big.
Speaker 4: They were also at the Roxy.
Speaker 2: What exactly where are they from? First?
Speaker 1: These are also from from the UK. I'm not sure why they call these rice crispies because they really have nothing nothing to do with They're little people and fish, Christmas trees. What the hell is going on here?
Speaker 2: It's what they had left over, that's what. Yeah, you don't listen.
Speaker 1: It's got way we need milk.
Speaker 2: There's nothing there.
Speaker 4: These ships are too big.
Speaker 2: There's nothing there.
Speaker 4: Well, they're a little sweet.
Speaker 2: I actually like these.
Speaker 1: There's nothing there.
Speaker 4: They're not the worst. I mean, like, these brown pieces are a little sweeter.
Speaker 2: I don't think the brown pieces were supposed to be in there.
Speaker 3: I think that's just something that fell in when the like one of the workers at the cereal place fell in the vat.
Speaker 4: Or maybe your friend opened the box and put them in there.
Speaker 1: No, these were completely sealed. They did make some sort of rice crispy multi grain cereal in the United States two or three years ago. It was in a brown orange kind of box.
Speaker 2: It didn't last all that long. But I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I give it two balls on a spoon. I don't think it's terrible.
Speaker 4: I give it three balls. I don't think it's the worst thing. The poster for it is terrifying, though, so that will definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They look like they saw something they should have seen.
Speaker 1: It's like a bad boy band.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that was fun.
Speaker 1: You want to do another one? I have so many? No, all right, okay, I had fun hanging out here today.
Speaker 2: Maybe next time it'll be more of a positive experience.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Well, thank you very much for listening to Serial Killers, Andrew.
Speaker 2: You're the downer here.
Speaker 4: I'm trying not to be. It's just, you know, I like what I like, and I mean I liked the Trader Joe Cereal.
Speaker 2: That was a positive. We can't even get you to like Scottie.
Speaker 1: I'm usually the dick, but not today.
Speaker 4: You always are.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, please follow us on all social platforms serial Killers at PC and like and subscribe to our podcast wherever you get podcasts. And yeah, I guess that's it. You know, great, it's a really exciting episode.
Speaker 2: I thought it was great. I had fun until the negative activities started.
Speaker 4: I'm trying not to be a brody in the podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, I'm I have violent gas. I have to go.
Speaker 3: All right, don't fade me bean cereal ever yet it was tasty, but that was secret beans.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that was a bean cereal.
Speaker 4: That's it right in the front, made with beans.
Speaker 1: I didn't read the shooting star beans. Oh when it's gluten free. Oh, Garrett could have had this. I'm so sorry. We're poor Garrett. All right, hey, all right, so it's the end of the show here. You know what we do at the end. We all have to say crunch together, So you have to do it. It's a rule.
Speaker 4: I didn't know this, but the trader Joe Cereal also says in the back store, in a cool, dry place, if it has storing instructions, is that very safe? What could happen to the cereal? I like you leave it out.
Speaker 2: I think most cereal say that.
Speaker 4: Really just not so forward on the box.
Speaker 2: All right, crunch, we'll here.
Speaker 1: Crunch alright. Well that was spectacular. You came on the worst day ever.