Speaker 1: Hi, and it's Matt too. And this is a really fun episode. We're about to get into it, but wanted to just say up top, this is with Tyler Henry Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Medium, and we had such a great time with him. And part of the setup for the episode is that he gave us a reading that was captured on audio and video. So once the YouTube comes out, check that out on video. But we're going to put that audio portion at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we start the episode with Tyler. So we walked in, we really didn't like say much to him. We sat down, we started the reading. That's what we were told to do. And here are our readings followed by the episode with Tyler.
Speaker 3: Enjoy Now, the less I know, the better generally going into all of these things because I never want to have bias kind of impede what I do. So with two people, kind of go back and forth, scribbling just kind of my way of turning on and I aim for about eighty percent to connect, but there might be a twenty percent portion we check with other friends or family.
Speaker 4: I want to go I'm going to go back and forth. I gotta highlight this guy that's coming through. I'm already starting to smith. That's good. I'm going to start with you, and then I'll kind of jump back and forth.
Speaker 3: So when we talk with you, I want to kind of, oddly enough, go back decades. I want to bring up this guy that's coming through who's hitting me on a grandfather level. And this guy is coming in and I can tell it he would have been passed four decades. This is not a recent passing, something that would have been kind of long ago. They showed me this dichotomy between a death and then shortly thereafter like a birth. So if somebody wasn't able to meet a grandparent or meet grandpa within family, it kind of reminds me of what I myself went through with my own grandfather. He died in the eighties and I was born in the nineties, and we were never able to meet in a physical sense. There is an aspect there that does come through within family, and it would have been quite some time ago. Without giving anything away, do you know of any men on like Mom's side of family who would have gone kind of prematurely. The way I would describe this this guy is he gives me this feeling of working, working, working, and then I stop working and then I die. And I don't mean to laugh, but there's kind of a joke about this in family of people either saying like, yeah, you work your whole life only to just pass away, and that comes in over and over again. This guy comes across and is striking me with this feeling of feeling a lot older than I actually was when I passed. That basically indicates that someone's physicality felt older than they actually were when they went. This guy strikes me as kind of.
Speaker 4: A little past middle age. If I had to say.
Speaker 3: Just in the realm that it's kind of hitting me, but physically I feel kind of yucky. I feel like, even if I'm in my fifties, I feel like I'm in my seventies. Is kind of the only way to describe it, in the sense of just not wanting to complain, but feeling ran down in some kind of larger way.
Speaker 4: So that guy pops in really really clearly.
Speaker 3: There's a funniness around a confusion of you know, when you list everybody's name in the family except the person you're intending to say, so it would be like Carol Kristen, and then I end up saying the person's name, and I'm like, whichever when I go down the whole list of family members until I get to the one they're wanting me to joke about that in some capacity in some way, I have to highlight two similar one different. They're bringing up mom Mom's side, and I have to highlight they're gonna get into a specific so here and that I'm gonna jump back and forth.
Speaker 4: I have to bring up a.
Speaker 3: Situation for some reason on Mom's side of family, and this is good to look into where someone would have dealt with a cancer that kind of started lower and then went higher. So if we talk about something that starts kind of in our physical body in a lower area and then spreads and essentially causes me to become overwhelmed with cancer and goes into a secondary about they're kind of having.
Speaker 4: Me bring up that.
Speaker 3: But then they're also having me highlight an acknowledgment around your mother's sister.
Speaker 4: I think, does your mother have a sister?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, at the time that Grandpa passed, you have an uncle.
Speaker 4: You have an uncle on mom side of family.
Speaker 3: Yes, don't give away too much atose one. But there's an interesting thing in the way this comes across at the time in which Grandpa passed, there's this feeling of not being resolved with my son. And the way that I would word this is they're having a highlight Grandpa's namesake and his name being passed on. But this feeling of the girls have a different interpretation of father relationship than the son in this equation.
Speaker 4: So if like the.
Speaker 3: Mom and sister feel a certain way, it's different than perhaps how their brother had initially felt. They're kind of separating this into a bit of a dichotomy. All of that to say, there's this feeling that comes through related to this older woman who would be like a grandmother that I wanted to bring up, and she's just kind of on the sidelines the way this comes through. But grandchildren would not have been able to fully say goodbye or have the sendoff, And that's kind of what's interesting for me around her situation is if if she wasn't able to have her grandkids by her side when she passed, it's kind of a feeling like it's all good. I don't need people to see me or be there physically.
Speaker 4: To kind of do that.
Speaker 3: But it definitely comes in as a feeling of wanting to bring up both of them. I need to highlight this is good to keep in mind for you, Bowen. Within family, keep in mind they do put an emphasis on living people, which is it's a mixed bag. Remember that I'm saying this with older family members. I have older parents myself. I'm an only child and my parents are kind of closer to over sixty now, and they're having me talk about conversations around parents getting older and health and well being. And in the way this comes across, just remember that I'm saying, if anyone in your family, particularly on dad's side, runs the risk of any filtration related problems that to me usually goes like liver, kidney, pancreous, and it's more digestive. Remember that I'm saying that I kind of feel like there's going to be a situation there nothing related to you directly, but I'm kind of going back more. There's an acknowledgement of a guy who's born with something on his face or a distinct birthmark. There's an acknowledgment of a baby that was born with a full head of hair that I have.
Speaker 4: To joke about or talk about.
Speaker 3: And some of these things might like immediately connect. Some might not and they're worth looking into. But they're having me bring up just overall health cognizance awareness. It wouldn't surprise me within your family if we see any living family members kind of start going through some changes, particularly one family member that might cognitively.
Speaker 4: Just start going through some shifts.
Speaker 3: The way I would word this is it doesn't seem like a large concern, but it's just kind of almost.
Speaker 4: Like keep an eye on this, keep an eye on this, because.
Speaker 3: There is this dynamic people coming together. There's acknowledgement of geographical travel I have to talk about like trips. They're bringing up like heavy conversations that there's a lot here. One thing to keep in mind for the next two years for you, if you have any opportunities regarding plishing a book, writing a book, and any collaborative way.
Speaker 4: They're bringing that up in a very very positive, hopeful sense.
Speaker 3: There is kind of an odd element that comes through in the long run which might be interesting of you. And then I'm seeing funny but history. So if there's any historical figures that you end up being able to like cover in a funny way, historical events in a funny way, I'm putting like teaching tool history but funny and designing it to say I know, so a lot of the kind of process, but that part does come in.
Speaker 4: There is an acknowledgment.
Speaker 3: Do you have a sister, I do, okay, So just keeping in mind fertility based stuff for her, there might be a decision of stop having babies.
Speaker 4: Or I'm slowing it down. I'm slowing the roll. I don't know if I can handle. So, regardless of the decision that is made there as far as logistically future children, they're just kind of putting an emphasis on fertility stuff, pregnancy stuff, and just kind of as I get older some of the natural changes that happen in that system. But just keeping that in mind for her, she might run the risk of, like O very insists, insists, kind of good to keep that in mind in the long run, particularly if there's any interest in having more babies. I'm just kind of going to just keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: I do want to bring up also an acknowledgement around this is kind of I can draw parallel with myself here. If there are any conversations recently around obsessive compulsive disorder OCD. It keeps coming through Wow and I'm somebody who's diagnosed with this myself, so it's a pretty clear symbol. I find things I can relate to or come through a little bit more clearly. They're putting an emphasis on that almost as something to consider if it comes up in conversation. As far as our proclivities to obsessive, compulsive, cyclical thinking, that kind of are acknowledging that, and sometimes that can help provide an answer to a question, sometimes can provide clarification. But it's just good to keep in mind that that kind of is around in the way this comes through, and that would pop in there for you. I have to talk about your grandpa's namesake and how his name was continued on. This is weird there there, Wow, that was continued on.
Speaker 1: This is so crazy.
Speaker 4: Oh good, these two come through together, and it's interesting when we talk about, like Grandpa a long time ago, did grandma pass more recently? More recently, more recently. I want to highlight that situation.
Speaker 3: She has me feeling thin, like I got thin and thin and thin where I'm feeling talking about wave fluctuation and my ability to basically take nutrients from my food. She needed it to be known that she was not starving. At the end, there's this feeling of kind of like I no longer wanted.
Speaker 4: To eat, I don't feel hungry.
Speaker 3: It's very much that this would be something that would be more gradual or progressive. This is not instant with Grandma, but it would have been something that would have essentially informed how this happened. There is an acknowledgment of favoring one sister more than the others.
Speaker 4: I was bringing one up.
Speaker 3: And the way I would word this is there just acknowledging equity equality. It's usually their way of trying to say like, hey, there was not a favorite. There might have been a favorite, but it's more of them on the other side saying, look, in hindsight, I love.
Speaker 4: You both in different ways.
Speaker 3: Okay, and that's important, but it's like something that's pre established when.
Speaker 4: It came to these two, and there's like kind of cute rivalry or I wanting to talk about it, kind of like if you do what I can do, and if you do it, I can do it, and it's kind of cute in the way it comes across.
Speaker 3: So every sibling family stuff has different dynamics, but it comes through as a sense of peace I very much feel a feeling of with this this grandmother figure. It's actually interesting she brings up this feeling of passing and then thereafter kind of everything taking off in a big way. So if someone noticed that the timing was a little serendipitous, where like she passed right as someone's life is just taken off in a big way. There's a feeling of I see it, I see it from where I'm at now, and an awareness in the way this comes through kind of the far reaching aspect there is Bowen, there's a very strong emphasis.
Speaker 4: That's really really interesting when we look into family lore in your family, as far as history goes, details might be a little back and forth.
Speaker 3: One interesting thing that comes through for you is actually discovering a lot about family later on in life than we were ever actually able to access earlier on, and so that may provide an opportunity to kind of fill in the blanks with parents, their history, family, what happened, what informed getting people here to there. But there's very much this feeling of going back to move forward and being able to own truths and own things that happened that might have been to be honest traumatic in kind a larger way and being able to kind of reframe that through the power of owning our story and communication and transparency. I know it might sound a little odd, but in doing such, it feels like you heal previous generations of family that were silent, that weren't able to express themselves. There's some kind of tragic ladies in your family, and this is just going to keep in mind situations involving women who just did not get a fair shot, and you know, culturally sometimes that that can contribute. But there's definitely this feeling of you do not walk alone.
Speaker 4: You might also, funny enough, find that you have a gay relative, so that's kind of funny. Again, it just comes in as things to be aware of. And then yeah, that history thing keeps coming through in a very like comedic way history comedy and crossover with that.
Speaker 3: So I can apply and I'm sure several different arenas ultimately, but for you buy and large, I'm really excited.
Speaker 4: Wow, it feels really, really really positive.
Speaker 3: Give me one second, I'm just going to scribble really fast just to make sure I've got that just there.
Speaker 4: For you.
Speaker 3: Just keep in mind tummy health to stomach digestive kind of that arena. Just remember that I'm saying that there is a little bit of an emphasis on inflammatory stuff. So not a problem unless you end up noticing it, in which case, you know, we go to a doctor. No big deal. But like stomach might respond to stress as far as like when we're going about a day to day life, just remember that that might be kind of a litmus test for overall health.
Speaker 4: And that's kind of good to consider for you.
Speaker 3: It's good to keep in mind any air travel that you do, like getting on a plane, whatever they're bringing up ear nose and throat and that comes through very strongly. That runs the risk every single time you fly of in some capacity kind of going south or dealing with congestion in the long term.
Speaker 4: So just being mindful of that.
Speaker 3: It's almost like if you plan these long, you know, flights, there's this feeling of, well, we're going to have to prepare and kind of put in our calendar some time to heal and kind of just deal with inevitable like that comes from this in a way that would be more than your average person.
Speaker 4: So just being mindful of that is good. I feel really really positive buy and large with that. It'd be that aspect.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, and just remember that I'm saying this because he's sayings sometimes will just pop in randomly. Your mom is still alive. Yes, keep in mind they bring me to one of her eyes and this is kind of strange, but they are bringing me to eye health clarity. And sometimes if people get to be discharging the eye, we're dealing with an eye problem.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of putting that around her. So it's just something to keep in.
Speaker 3: Mind, and just if we notice, you know, it's just kind of further validates in the long run.
Speaker 4: But for the.
Speaker 3: Most part, a lot of your stuff seems to be about like taking family history and coming to certain conclusions and talking about things that people would not be willing to talk about owning them, and then kind of reframing certain things in a way that actually is empowering versus discouraging. Shame is a very powerful emotion, and I think in so many ways in this lifetime there's the sense of you being able to kind of the buck stops with you, end it with you in a big way. And as you do that, I feel like those who came before you also heal through your openness, through your vulnerability and the courage that that takes.
Speaker 4: Wow, that was very resident. Thank you. There's a lot there. I know it's kind of all across the board.
Speaker 3: But what I want to do is I want to make sure that we each I'll have time one on one in the long run. And so I'm going to give you guys the Scribble and I will give you my contact.
Speaker 4: With scribble, yes God, and then you and your your friends or your friend and you as well, please contact Heather and we will set up a private one on one reading and we will do it.
Speaker 3: We'll do with you, you and then the friend, and we can delve in get specifics all of the goods. But I like to just kind of demonstrate, and as I'm a sweating.
Speaker 4: So much, yes, of course, so I just kind of like, I don't know how much their lands, how much doesn't But what.
Speaker 3: I can say is, you know, I always kind of go in skeptically. I think it's important to never lose sight of critical thinking and common sense. But my goal when I meet with people is really just to relay actual information details that can kind of help people make connections that they wouldn't ordinarily and as a result kind of move forward a little bit lighter, you might be able to deliver some meshes to mom. There's this sense of, you know, dealing with that brother situation at the time that Grandpa passed did not look easy and kind of added more pain to an already situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you feel good, yeah we can. We can start and bring you in and talk about this because there's so much to talk.
Speaker 4: Okay, look, may oh, I see you.
Speaker 5: Look over there is that culture.
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, lost culture.
Speaker 1: Dang du lost Cultursa's calling breathless vibes.
Speaker 4: We just had a moment, Yeah, we did.
Speaker 5: We just had an experience.
Speaker 4: And I'm not terribly shocked either me.
Speaker 1: Neither, but I am surprised by what came through. I was really manifesting something else too, very pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 4: Me as well.
Speaker 2: And it's even there's something very I would say healing about our guests. I've always thought this, I've always thought, wow, he seems really like when he's with these people, at least the people we've seen on TV, there is such a he has like an asmr tone to his timber.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little bit, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean like, first of all, I could sit and luckily e exclamation point makes it very available.
Speaker 5: I could sit and watch YouTube videos of our goal.
Speaker 1: We've got it for years.
Speaker 2: At this point, I remember you introduced me to our guest knows like this guy is special.
Speaker 1: Well, just watching a series of people in a moment realize that what's happening is really happening, and we just had that experience. I mean there, this gets said a lot on the show and in various YouTube clips that you can again can watch and the show on Netflix, et cetera. There's so much to consume about our guests, including a tour, but I just want to say everyone always has that thing of like where you start to realize that it's real.
Speaker 4: And like how could it have been known before?
Speaker 1: And yeah, that sounds like there's no way he could have known that there was a few things in there. Yeah, and I'm really shook by yours because I feel like what was said to you is very poignant, was.
Speaker 4: Very poignant, very resonant. As of late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the words family lore were brought up. Family lore and about how that's been a little I've sort of missed the lined it and when I tell her to people about it, this story kind of is amorphous and unwieldy, and like this is an opportunity to really get down to the anchor points of what this story is and to own it and to move forward. And that's been a lifelong thing, a narrative for me. Talk about how you're feeling, because I could feel the impact.
Speaker 1: Well, to be honest with you, like it's a little bit of a blur because there was so much there in terms of specificity, and I want to get into it because like there was a lot of acknowledgments. Yeah, and I think that acknowledgment will really help members of my family. And also he said something health wise about really both of us. But I'll be watching. I'll be watching going forward. And that's why you need this experience. Get on the thousands of people along way in the list maybe a million at this point, or just tune into everything and get this experience. When Tyler Henry hits the road, because this is very special. He's an author, he's a television star, he's incredible at what he does. We're going to get into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just launched the collective, he's going on tour. Yes, we're going to talk about all of it. Everyone, Please welcome Tyler.
Speaker 3: Henry, Oh my goodness, I saw this coming.
Speaker 1: How was that for you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Fascinating.
Speaker 3: It's so interesting going into because you never know what's going to come through, you know. I aim when I do a reading to be able to connect to timely information, stuff that's going on either in the here and the now or never got dealt with, and just those moments of affirmation, as you said, acknowledgment I find can really act as a catalyst in a person's life and that transcends belief.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, you were saying that you view what you do as coincidence making. Yes, am I phrasing that correctly? And I feel like I completely understand that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, there's something a phrase that was coined by one of the leading psychotherapists, Carl Jung, and he referred to meaningful coincidences as synchronicity, moments in which life seems to synchronize. And those moments I find are a huge part of this work. You're bringing certain things to people's attention as a way for them to kind of make connections or have a sense of affirmation.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm kind of struck by like as it's coming to you. I mean, it was very surreal to see the scribbles in real life and you are so somatically like engaged, and I wonder, obviously it's visual with the scribbles, but like, what are you seeing? Can you describe in whatever terms you want, Like what that is like for you to sort of go there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what happens? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's not like Oda Mae Brown. My head doesn't spin around and the spirits are in my ear. But it is one of those things where I get into an altered state of consciousness where I basically just actively daydream and it's what a lot of people do in high school and they're sitting there and the teachers more I want. Yeah, But in my case, I've learned how to kind of refine it paired with scribbling, and that allows me to kind of pick up on subtle nuances, things that I think we all are exposed to but often miss because of our own implice biases. So when I get in that state, I oftentimes will get parallels between my own life and the person I'm reading. Then if, for example, someone has a Henry and my name is Tyler Henry, sometimes I'll see myself as an image.
Speaker 1: Did you just see that that's weird. O.
Speaker 2: Mind, God, I've got I've got a Henry.
Speaker 1: That's important.
Speaker 4: It's funny because of that name and the way it comes through. It's just like right there.
Speaker 3: But they use me as a way to kind of communicate their message. So my own lived experiences, things have gone through, they draw parallels and it reflects that consciousness is so much more than just one thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to say, like just to speak about the reading right now, Like I don't know if this is something that you like to have after the reading, but I do want to let you know that my grandfather's name was John. So was his son. So was his son. So when you talked about the namesake being passed down, that really resonated. And also my grandfather did pass away of a heart attack when my mother was twenty seven, the year before I was born. And actually as a result of that tragic happening, it was actually my parents had broken up and they got back together because I think they realized that like life was too short and they were in love. And so you spoke a little bit about the grandmother. They were divorced, and it was like a tougher family situation because my uncle was, he had many problems. He's also deceased, and it was a tough relationship with my grandfather, who I didn't know. But when you talk about the passing down of the name and that toughness down the patriarchal line and on my mother's side of the family, it is really really hard. And my mother has a sister, Katrina and Christina, you know, like, so I think that the du out like like kind of a thing, and that rang true as well. And to hear that she's on the other side feeling chill and especially wanting them to know that she was not in pain at the end of her life, because she did kind of waste away, I mean.
Speaker 5: Dementure got very very bad for her.
Speaker 1: So to hear that she wasn't hungry and suffering is really going to help because I think that obviously she couldn't communicate what she was feeling. Right, So that's all really really interesting. And you also said I'll watch my stomach, and I will watch that, yes, but I have to say I was really struck by what you received.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got some pretty pretty poignant stuff, are you. I mean, as it's coming to you, I think extemporaneously you are saying very sophisticated You're expressing very sophisticated ideas, and I wonder if there is a lag between what you're receiving and how you put it into words.
Speaker 3: Do you feel that, Yeah, I kind of like in my job to that of like a mailman in the sense that I don't write the letters.
Speaker 4: I just kind of deliver the message.
Speaker 3: I also drop parallels kind of between asl interpreters, right, So there's an interpretive element for sure, And when I do my job correctly, the message gets delivered, but there is a period of kind of having to assess, you know, do I deliver it exactly as I'm receiving it?
Speaker 4: Do I keep in mind a bedside manner? You know?
Speaker 3: And this job has made me very diplomatic in my ability to relay sometimes really tough things in ways where I understand what's being said, the person I'm reading understands what's being said, but maybe everyone else watching doesn't.
Speaker 2: How is it to like, I feel like people direct a lot of emotion at you. Yes, in the physical world, not to mention, you know, everything beyond that, but like, is that a little is there a stress test that you've sort of like familiarized yourself with, like, there has to be a point where that kind of buckles a bit.
Speaker 4: It's intense, you know.
Speaker 3: I think by nature what I do is pretty ambiguous, right. It exists out of really this quantifiable thing. It's not scientifically proven as of yet, and I don't even think it's necessarily a scientific claim for me. This exists more in the realm of creativity than it does science.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I have had my brain scan during a reading by scientists who have acknowledged that there's something weird going on in this noggin as I scribble and essence to go into a sleep state, and it was covered in the actual last episode of my show Hollywood Medium.
Speaker 4: So I've been kind of.
Speaker 3: Put to the test in essence, I've shown a willingness to to go to a laboratory get hooked up see if anything's happening.
Speaker 4: But I really view it more subjective.
Speaker 3: It's like a piece of art in that if I paint you a picture, it's going to have more meaning because it's for you.
Speaker 4: And if someone else sees.
Speaker 3: That picture, they might go, oh I could paint that, or oh that's not a very great picture. But if it means something the person I'm reading, then that for me is the point implicitly, would.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the first time that you felt something was different about the way you were perceiving the world and the beyond, Like, do you remember the first time that that happened?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: I found that when I really was ten years old, in April of two thousand and six, I had my first premonition of my grandmother's death. But there were so many moments as a kid, as an only child who very much was a loner and very much kept to myself, that I found that I would just so often see myself and other people. And it's kind of a hard thing to explain, but I never truly felt alone, despite spending a lot of time alone. And when I would say with people, we'd oftentimes go into these really deep conversations. Even when I was a kid, and even when talking to adults, I could just tell was not normal. And so I found that often what I was guided to discuss with people, they would acknowledge as being timely or maybe important, or maybe something on their heart.
Speaker 4: And then I kind of learned, Okay, there's something to this.
Speaker 3: There's an intuition behind why I'm bringing up the things I bring up.
Speaker 2: Yes, now on that topic of like guidance or being guided, how much of what your reception is is like your own intuition, something in the form of a guide, something in the form of what is kind of like kinetically happening through the scribbles, Like how does that all come together for you on sure Cauria, Well.
Speaker 3: The scribbles just kind of act as a process that allows me to open up and kind of turn on, so that when I'm not scribbling, I can kind of turn off and maintain a conversation.
Speaker 4: But when I open.
Speaker 3: Up, you know, it's basically a process in which there are a lot of impressions that I have to navigate and then deliver and very oftentimes you know, it'll be very clear, and then other times I have to make inferences based off of the symbology that comes through, so it gets kind of convoluted sometimes in an in certain explanations. I think there's an aspect of intuitive poll that one might have sometimes just to say things, and even if you don't know where it's coming from, if it makes sense, you know it has.
Speaker 1: I wonder too, like so when this is when you were very young that you first realized is what.
Speaker 4: Nine ten years old?
Speaker 1: Yes, So that's usually the age too when you start realizing a lot of things about yourself. So there's a lot to reconcile. You're becoming yourself and you're stepping into your identity. And also there's this other thing. I wonder like, when you were younger, did you experience like overwhelm and anxiety about this stuff and like your mother figures into your show, Yes, but I wonder like, how difficult was that to have not only the burden of growing up and everything that comes with that no matter who you are, but also this other thing and how did that manifest itself in your life?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know, I think in many ways I'm thankful for being gay, Yeah, because I feel like it helped me, from a very early age understand that there are going to be people who inherently don't like you for being different, and coming to that conclude vision was tough pill to swallow, especially if someone was sensitive and still very sensitive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I learned to kind of reframe it.
Speaker 3: To view it as something that was worth having courage for, and that individuality and that self sacrifice ultimately was worth it, and I think is worth it for anybody who can live and be true to who they are, you know, the world responds. But it was a challenge a group in a very conservative household who a lot of Christians, in particular of the denomination I came from, you know, were not into mediums, felt that it was the devil and being villainized in that way. I think a lot of gay people can't relate to being told there's.
Speaker 4: Something wrong with you.
Speaker 3: But to be able to then take a step back and realize that what makes us unique is our superpower, that it's one of the greatest gifts we can give to the world, is that courage to be true to who we are and what makes us different. And that's the lesson I learned in California.
Speaker 4: I did Central California. It's a lot of agriculture.
Speaker 3: We got cows, we got prisons, we got we got colcim persons. If you get in trouble, you just walk across the street and they just put you in the Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I mean, like growing up there, do.
Speaker 2: You feel this like directional poll to the cities in the state, Like right, Like was that always like a target you were calling? Like if I had my brothers. Once I get them, I'm gonna I'm gonna skip up town.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, you know I was looking if Hanford had a train station and they would take us to LA.
Speaker 4: When I was but a munchkin. I was a I don't know that's politically correct.
Speaker 5: I was little.
Speaker 4: I was I was under eighteen, I was around sixteen seventeen.
Speaker 3: I would hop on the train and go to LA and sometimes I'd tell my parents sometimes I wouldn't be like later. And you know, that allowed me to both have an identity, have some individuality, have some freedom, never got in any trouble short.
Speaker 4: Of a couple of things. Yeah, but that allowed me to really put it to the test and be able to see that I can rely on myself, that there is hope, and that if you stick around, you know, life generally does get better.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so at what point, like you talk about growing up in California, you know you're drawn to LA. Eventually you do move there. And we have Tyler Henry Hollywood Medium, which is really the show that puts you on the map. So the conceit of that show is Tyler doesn't know celebrities, like he doesn't know who these people are. He's coming in blind. I wonder, like, now clear of that show, like how true was that? And also when someone walked in and you did know them, does that change your process totally?
Speaker 3: So when it came to that, I genuinely was never told where I was going or who I was reading, And especially in season one, I was a baby. I came in this little town that it really just wasn't very interested in pop culture or even really television. And so naturally, as my career started being warrented around celebrities, it became one of the more frustrating aspects of my job reading people who have everything about them on the internet and even fans of them who oftentimes know their entire history, and then by genuinely not knowing who they were, I wouldn't know what they discussed in an interview or what was public or what was even obvious sometimes and that was one of the downsides of actually not knowing what I was going into.
Speaker 1: And I guess that would feed like a skepticism on the audience's part, where you know, Khlae Kardashkian comes in and sits down and then there's you like and the conceit is he doesn't know who that is, but I believe that, yeah.
Speaker 4: Well there was one of you recognizing Megan Fox though. That was very horrible and totally and I love you.
Speaker 3: And to be fair too, I came on, you know, the Kardashians as one of my first gigs ever, and.
Speaker 4: So I definitely knew them, knew Chloe, you know, and all of that.
Speaker 3: But by and large, I mean, there were a lot of instances where people would come and answer the door and they look like an older version of themselves.
Speaker 4: I remember Bobby Brown answered the.
Speaker 3: Door when he was dressed in like sweatpants and like a T shirt, and like the Bobby Brown of the eighties is very different in appearance than.
Speaker 4: The Bobby Brown and Whitney came through, and Whitney came through.
Speaker 3: So it just reflects to me this idea that we're all human, we're all looking for the same things. And what I always found so substantiating in those readings was the things that couldn't be googled, couldn't have been told from an interview that someone gave, and that you know, they know celebrities are oftentimes the first to look themselves up and see what was out there. So I always had to kind of go for those things that were largely unknown.
Speaker 2: What happened in the space between you moving to LA and I might be getting the order of events wrong, but you make a name for yourself as medium, how does that turn into the show?
Speaker 4: It was a work in progress, you know.
Speaker 3: My first celebrity client was with Sarah Paulson and I I read her and that came through a phone call.
Speaker 4: One day. She called me up and said, hey, I heard that you're a medium. Wow, I like reading, and so I gave her one.
Speaker 3: My hand was shaking, and she has had any love life advice for Jessica Lang And then I about poot my pants.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh my god, I'm going into gay purgatory. This is amazing. I was like transitioning.
Speaker 5: That was the first celebrity event was about Jessica.
Speaker 4: I was so iconic. And then from there, you know, just kind of evolved.
Speaker 3: I ended up getting interest from the network, which being a celebrity based platform, they only wanted to show about me reading celebrity, which for me wasn't really my passion or my goal at the beginning, of.
Speaker 4: Course, but it allowed for good exposure.
Speaker 3: It allowed me to ultimately connect with demographics of people that would have never even known what a medium was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I was so proud to be able to sit with Little Kim Yeah, and Biggie Yes, and Biggie and you know, little John, And there were just so many different groups of people that we were able to tap into, but in a way that reflected a universal need. Everybody has these questions.
Speaker 1: I remember watching that Little Kim interview and I was like, is Tyler Henry gonna.
Speaker 5: Solve Biggie's murder right now? I say, cuts a commercial on.
Speaker 1: Her being like, well, I think everyone will want to know who killed him, honestly. But then you did say a lot of things like it was definitely somebody he knew, and that is you know, I think as time goes by, I'm not gonna say anything, but it becomes clearer that that may have been the case. I feel like it's gotta be kind of surreal when it becomes like a really big question or when it comes to fruition and you were correct in such an alarming way, like, for example, when you mentioned to Alan Thick that he needed to watch his heart. That was that had to be very like sobering to realize what had happened for you, And I wonder, do you ever hedge when you're telling someone what is really going on, Like you don't want to tell Alan think that you see a massive heart attack coming his way.
Speaker 4: Right. All I can really do is deliver the information.
Speaker 3: And it's been one of the most challenging parts of my job because there'sn't a school you can go to to like become a medium writer or read a book and understand the ins and outs of the complexities of that job. So when I say it with someone, I viewed as a responsibility to impart with them something valuable, something they can take and apply in a practical way in their life. And in that case with Alan, it was you go get your heart checked. But I went on about it for about two or three minutes, and even I saw the unedited clip thereafter they had sent it, and I just was railing on him about going and doing this, and he just laughed it off and said, oh, thanks, doctor Tyler.
Speaker 4: Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: He did not take it serious.
Speaker 3: And you know, and and it was frustrating because the bottom line is all older men should keep in mind their heart. Everyone at the bottom line should get a check up if you have health insurance, like, could you know, be on top of your.
Speaker 2: Health if you can, and you need to book the ET So I need to book the NT. I literally got off a plane the other day and I am my throat.
Speaker 1: Well, it's so funny and like you know, he he often does need more rest after Oh my god, you do. He flies a lot and he travels a lot. I'm saying that is the thing.
Speaker 5: Like him mentioning air travel and needing to rest.
Speaker 4: My god, you're mister worldwide. You're all over.
Speaker 1: Trying to make it so that he can be.
Speaker 5: That was crazy. I mean like, and I will be watching my stomach now because my stomach has changed. I mean I'm a thirty four year old man.
Speaker 1: Yes, but like it is.
Speaker 5: I will say, like, if you see something really dark with my stomach, you can tell me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no nothing there, just you know, just to watch the inflammation.
Speaker 1: That's not what you want to be the thing that's wrong. No stomach, that is so, that is true.
Speaker 4: No no hemorrhoids here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no thing, no, No. Do you ever see this stuff for yourself?
Speaker 4: Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there has been times that actually life or death situations I find are able to kind of bypass that inherent bias that I have about myself. So I'm a bit of like a hypochondriac. I'm always worried that something's wrong with me. But there have been times where my intuition superseded that. I remember I was in the car with my mom one day and it was like, Mom, I think my brain swelling, I have water on the brain, and she was like, okay, drama queen, whatever.
Speaker 4: And I ended up.
Speaker 3: Actually a couple of weeks later, getting hospitalized with hydrocephalus, which is water on the brain, and I'd had a brain cyst near my brain stem that was cutting off cerebral spinal fluid from flowing when new emergency brain surgery.
Speaker 4: Still have the scar, and.
Speaker 3: Still actually have the cyst, which has grown a little bit since. But Yeah, that awareness was bizarre and clearly something else was looking out for me at a very integral time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is anyone else in your family touched with this gift? How do you explain it? Like when you say touched with the gift, Like, what do you say?
Speaker 5: Just like, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Consider it an ability, just like anything else, right, And we all have instincts, right, we all can shake someone's hand and get a feeling, or you give someone a hug and you kind of pull back and you get a fleeting moment of a sense of something, and I think people just don't really take it beyond that.
Speaker 4: I think we all could, oh, interesting.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were so attuned to this moment with your grandmother as a child that kind of was undeniable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And being an only child and being a loner actually helped me. I think in some ways it allowed me to not be influenced by other people's ideas of what is okay and what's not okay, and what's appropriate and what's inappropriate. And so I would, you know, sometimes tell my teachers things about themselves. My algebra teacher in ninth grade, I shared with her message from her former mother in law and got into descriptions of what led to her divorce and various things. And it was very humbling, because, you know, in a certain way, she had tears in her eyes, and the tables kind of turned from a kind of power dynamic of you know, you're there with your teacher. But I realized in that moment that it was something that, when applied in the right way, could really have an impact on someone's life. And this was someone who did not have a biological mother of her own who really loved her. So when she got into this family and got into this marriage, you know, she thought she'd finally got that mom that she always wanted, and she did.
Speaker 4: That didn't end just because the divorce.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, this is the thing that I think kind of transcends any skepticism around this idea of clairvoyance. Right, It's like, well, not to make this comparison. It's such a gross comparison. But like like with astrology, it's like it is in ways pseudo scientific, but it is giving meaning to people. It's giving people a way to model themselves and their behavior and examine.
Speaker 4: Parts of their life.
Speaker 2: I feel like you having this impact on people the world over and on such a large scale is so meaningful. Talk about what you're excited about with this four what's the run of show going to be? What's that going to want to look like?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, well, there's a lot, we have thirty two cities across the US. Busy, yes, But basically it's it's a show generally goes ninety to an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: Let's see how I'm bad with math, yeah, but you know an hour and a half to two hours.
Speaker 3: Yes, gifts, math is not one of them all day, but I get to travel and basically read audience members and you know, sometimes there's two thousand people, sims, there's five thousand, and the big crux of that is going and figuring out where I'm at in the audience, delivering the message in a timely way, and then moving on. You know, it's almost like the clock is ticking when you're on stage. For any performer, you know you can relate. And so with my job, I have to be able to kind of go to the clearest line of connection, generally the path of least resistance. Yes, and I have a whole bunch of ways that I kind of do that mentally. But it ultimately allows us to have a shared experience where, whether you're read or not, seeing the process live unedited can be really cathartic and really interesting because you see how many similarities people have, both with the people being read and oftentimes the experiences that are informing it. The amount of people who have had an experience with a ghost but don't believe in ghosts, it is huge, Right, There's a famous quote of everybody has a ghost story, not everybody believes in ghosts. Yeah, and you find that to kind of be exemplified in these readings that people just don't feel comfortable talking about sometimes these anomalous things, but you realize they are universal and they do apply and can be comforting.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: On that so, like you describe the way that you're communicating as sensory, but do you believe in the type of ghost that people talk about seeing, Like, do you think that like it's possible or have you experienced these things that you sense like physicalizing in the world.
Speaker 4: I think it's certainly possible. You know.
Speaker 3: There's those kind of ideas of hauntings and ghosts and things that go bump in the night, And for me, I take a more human approach in the sense that when I connect with an individual or I have someone you know come through and say, I try to communicate with my loved one, I tell people to remember these departed people are our brothers, our sisters, our family, our grandparents. They're not things that go bump in the night. And so we have an experience, as far as our inclination may be to be afraid, you know, I encourage people to appreciate the ambiguity. We don't have to understand something for hit to have meaning, and that's been a big lesson to your point about astrology too. I think there's this idea of you know, causal versus correlative, and I do not believe that the stars, you know, cause things to happen here. What I do think is that there are certain correlations that have been made archetypally, the way that things are seemed often reflected a deeper pattern, and for me, that's what a lot of metaphysics kind of revolves around, is the underlying patterns of reality, but not in.
Speaker 4: A causal sense, more of a correlative sense.
Speaker 1: Sure, I have to say, like a recent theme on this podcast is we went to a psychic in New York and the experience ended up being one where I'm very sensitive and susceptible as well. Bowen is more discerning than me, especially in this situation, but I ended up losing a lot of money because someone kind of ran me around. And I think that what I so appreciate about what you do and what you've done for us, is that you've given us helpful healing information and you've sort of pointed us. But you're not scaring us, you know. I think that's what I was dealing with is I was kind of put in a position where essentially I had to pay this person in order for her to do spiritual work.
Speaker 5: And I would say, I guess my question was predictive.
Speaker 1: It was predictive.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's going to do that, this person's going to do this, and like that leaves you in a terrible position of waiting for that thing to happen, right.
Speaker 1: I mean I was basically told I would get back together with my ex boyfriend if I allowed her to do what she was going to do, and there was a price tag on it, Yes, and I fell for that, And so there's a lot of people that are falling for that. Yeah, And so I guess what would you say are the warning signs or things to avoid holistically when it comes to people who, yes, may experience things like you would have a gift similar to yours, but are going about it in like a nefarious Sure.
Speaker 3: Well, I think by and large, there should never be a hook right when you sit with someone. And it's true whether we are going to a doctor or a therapist or a psychic or any practitioner.
Speaker 4: You know, it's important that there not be a hook like a chiropractor. You know, oh you need ten more, right, I'm just like and to be fair, you know, it is such a subjective field.
Speaker 3: Anybody can claim to be a psychic, right, there is no better business bureau for psychics. And because of that, it leads to a whole menagerie of different personalities. But I find with people, generally, good advice is to go through a recommendation of someone that has been seen by someone that you know.
Speaker 4: That's usually a good angle to go.
Speaker 3: And then also, and this is gonna be funny, because my name is Tyler Henry and so what is technically a stage name, but actually avoiding people who you can't figure out their last name, Oh that's a bad sign in the psychic industry. So if it's like if it's if I'm Maria Jade, well, Maria jd can't be googled, and we can't look at Maria Jade's you know, criminal history. So generally go with people who are at the very least aren't concealing their real name. My last name is cool Wine, but that's on Wikipedia, so you can cool on too many valves. It's k O E l E w wyan.
Speaker 4: So I love that it looks nice on the page, feels really good.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm saying right now, this psychic had one name, and it was a very psychic y name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was it again? Oh, we can't pick this out. That is the most psychic name, most psychic name.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is so funny, leading into the question that's like the central question of this podcast. There's so much media about psychics, like we have medium which started putri Ar Cat, which was based on Alison Dubois. Yes, we've got you know, lots of things out there, such as the sixth Sense. Yes, obviously by my trembla on that was kind of like a huge pop culture moment. I wonder, is there a piece of media that is related to what you do that you feel you really identify with.
Speaker 3: Or Oh god, I have a horrible answer for this. I don't know if I identify with it. But I think that the dinner party from hell.
Speaker 4: Alis did you both with the cigarette?
Speaker 1: You recognize?
Speaker 4: That fascinating.
Speaker 3: I think that's such a good demonstration that conveys the fact that mediums are people and they can get drunk, just like everybody else, and they aren't these infalliable creatures who are like these mythical that deserve to be revered mediums. And the people who have this ability genuinely are usually tortured people. And Alison herself in her books has talked about alcohol and how it as a medium.
Speaker 4: It's very easy to self medicate.
Speaker 3: And so I felt that despite the fact that it was handled all wrong, years later, you know, we find that the message that she had did indeed in the being true. It was not done in the right way, nor at the right time or place, but they also pushed her, and so I think it was so interesting just to see that, almost like a cornered animal, what they do, how they respond, and she responded, and I think it really created a broader conversation about ethics, what's right what's wrong in that setting.
Speaker 4: But it was just a fascinating piece of entertainment right there.
Speaker 2: There is a danger to it, I'm sure you felt, and you don't have to bring it up an example, but like I'm sure you have felt somewhat endangered in that situation where what I was saying earlier, people are coming at you with so much expectation, baggage, and they want you to beat this infallible person, right.
Speaker 3: And I think it's so important to remind people this work is humbling. Every single day I'm reminded of any inclination of an answer that I seem to get only brings up a million more questions. And it's just so humbling to realize that I don't have to have all the answers, that I don't even have to have a semblance of them, to feel that joy that is brought through, you know, from those on the other side, and to know that there's more to life than what we see, and there's a.
Speaker 4: Certain self assuredness there.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to deal with being criticized and deal with skepticism of the kazusin so I as a teenager because I know.
Speaker 4: That inherently what I'm doing is real.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when you know that, when you close your eyes and I can go to bed and you're like, I know that was real even though no one else believed in it. There's a certain confidence that comes from that that has allowed me to keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's real self knowledge, That is self knowledge that is not defined by other people.
Speaker 1: Yes, and pretty amazing that you were able to have that self knowledge and be confident at a young age because it was something like I said, you know, when you are so convinced you're a freaking no matter who you are, when you're ten eleven years old, it's really kind of impressive that you were able to be like, no, I'm standing here with my own two feet. This is my truth, and not that I can prove it, but I will prove it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you have obviously, And.
Speaker 4: That's a fork in the road. It's an inflection point.
Speaker 2: Why either you go full tell some to being whatever a freaky think you are, or you start to correct quote unquote that thing, and that is kind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which would be a total shame, right, you know, absolutely. So the central question of our podcast is, Tyler Henry, what was the culture that made you say culture was for you? So this is basically that formative pop culture that now Tyler Now knows.
Speaker 5: That's how Tyler Now started from Tyler then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I will actually say the Amanda Show Nickelod Amanda Bins, Oh my god, extraordinarily timely.
Speaker 1: And we're natural gift over there.
Speaker 3: You know. I think it's actually extremely timely because it shows how she was able to both go through so much as a child star, as so many do, but also to be able to carry a show on her own, to show and to give access from a larger audience that that kids are multifaceted, that they're not just these little things that you know, need tell tuppies. She was able through that show to be able to in a big way, treat children as human beings, yeah, worthy of being entertained, worthy of having, you know, intellectual jokes. And I felt that that was really a big pop culture shift where we started empowering younger people to be able to carry shows on their own. And if we could get her on SML, can you imagine the.
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: And I think I think in another world like she could have taken over them, could have taken over the entire industry.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, You're so right, she was able to. I think watching her as kids, my thought was like, how is someone my age doing this in a way that was like just totally literally incredible, Like I don't believe this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there was something too about like the way I remember the adults in my life reacting to her like she was John Belushi, Right. I remember my dad being like this girl is the sketch where she was on the pillows. I think it was all that this wasn't the amounta show. It was like she was like a little girl at a sleepover or something, hosting some show from her bedroom and she was just crushing it. Yeah, and my dad was like, this girl is so funny. My dad was in love with, not in love with. My dad loved Amanda Mines and Raven Stimo. Great talk about having the gift. There you go, But there was this ability she had to ground herself in character that again I make a joke about her having like a gift, like a supernatural gift. But there is something so intuitive about anyone that does like really good character work or sketch comedy. And she was doing it at nine.
Speaker 4: Insane.
Speaker 3: Yeahsane, And it's so funny to your note about charisma. You know, historically charisma used to be viewed as a psychic ability. Oh, chrisma, Charisma the ability for people to speak and people to listen. In the early nineteen hundreds was viewed more as a psychic ability than just a personality eight. And so it even relates to psychic.
Speaker 5: Stuff like people wondering why am I drawn to this person.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's and and why is it that when some people speak, we listen, and then other times some people speak and they could have a perfectly great message, but they just don't have that connective factor.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating, it's energetic, it is energetic. Yeah, there was cable in the house, even in this highly conservative house.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, we didn't have a TV. We weren't just a massaging the cows.
Speaker 5: A title.
Speaker 3: Had a bowl and actually and it used to chase me and it was yeah, no, it it was not great.
Speaker 1: The bull would chase the bull.
Speaker 4: Would chase me.
Speaker 3: He ended up I think his name was t bone Bone, which was very apt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then he ended up getting turned into a t bone. But I'm a vegetarian, so.
Speaker 1: I worked this is going to be a bizarre question. But do you believe that your ability to connect informs your your vegetarianism?
Speaker 4: Somewhat somewhat there?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I try not overthink it when i'm meet and like, you know, if I'm well not so it might be not trick ful.
Speaker 4: But for me, they know, I know, I try.
Speaker 3: To like I'm selectively of course to be honest, sharing but got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that has to.
Speaker 2: I guess what we're asking is, do you think there is a connection there with your ability?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think for sure.
Speaker 3: I think when it comes to just like putting things in your body generally, like if there's a lot of trauma behind that, which behind that the organism went through to get into your body. Like, I don't know how I feel as far as a consensus goes, but I try to avoid just like choun down them too much.
Speaker 2: Of course, I feel like the hypochondria that you are diagnosing yourself with is mostly you being extremely thoughtful about just bodies and health, because it seems like that is an anchor for a lot of your reading.
Speaker 3: It is, and it just kind of speaks the fact that we all have a physicality, we all have susceptibilities, but knowledge is power, and you know we can avoid things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly would you have been like in the medical profession.
Speaker 3: So I graduated high school when I was sixteen to try to become a hospice nurse.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, the phrase to kill two birds with one stone comes to mind. You know, I thought to do medium readings and then perhaps you know, go down that route.
Speaker 4: But I read the dean of my College of all things. Wow.
Speaker 3: And I know it doesn't sound real, it sounds insane, but he indeed he told me, he was like, you know, we did this for me, this is very powerful. Maybe you should.
Speaker 4: Consider doing it for other people.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And so I kind of had to at that point in life, between Sarah Paulson calling me within a very short proximity and being like, Okay, am I going to be there for the elderly and the dying?
Speaker 4: Or am I going to like go to Hollywood. It was a very very weird position.
Speaker 3: But I ultimately was able to achieve through this work what I always wanted to do, which was just to validate that there's more.
Speaker 1: How do you.
Speaker 5: Release this stuff?
Speaker 1: Because I would imagine that carrying all of this is incredibly taxing and ken in its own way, be traumatic. If you were to read someone who has been through something traumatic, like I wonder what you experienced when you were telling me that you were feeling someone was alive, alive, alive, felt very old, and then died? Like how do you experience that and then release that?
Speaker 3: I find that the release comes from delivering the message, so very often when I say it, it will kind of get alleviated in some way. If I don't say something, though, it oftentimes will feel like it's building up. And that's one of the most frustrating things is when I leave and if something was still coming through and I couldn't say it, it'll just kind of sit with me. So you kind of learn how to blow off that necessary steam and then you know, reallocate one's.
Speaker 2: Energy, right, and once you're done scribbling, that is kind of your parameter of like Okay, we're done, yes, which is not a release necessary, but it is a demarcation of yeah, it's finished exactly.
Speaker 4: It's a demarcation.
Speaker 3: It's a excellent way of kind of bifurcating and saying I'm on and now I'm on yeh.
Speaker 1: Now is that your choice or when you say it? Because we probably did that for about fifteen twenty minutes, But I would imagine that like if there were spirits that really needed to keep talking, would you still do that or do you end it? You know?
Speaker 3: I used to just kind of go for as long as I could, and I always have to be mindful of time in other people's time. But I remember with Carmen Electra, I read her on Hollywood Medium and we sat for I want to say, like close to six to eight hours to get well.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: It was one of the longest readings we've ever done on Hollywood Medium. And and it wasn't because she had an exceptional amount of people coming through.
Speaker 4: It was just there was a lot to.
Speaker 3: Work with in her personal life, and it all, you know, kind of led to further questions and then further answers, and then of course more questions, and six hours later we were like, all right, I'm moving in Carmen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I'm sweating a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm completely drained, Like I'm like a potato chip.
Speaker 4: Potato chip. Yes, favorite house that you went to and your favorite favorite house. You know.
Speaker 3: Boy George funny enough, and he was one of the hardest clients of the two hundred that I read, just because you know, he came, he was wearing his makeup, he very skeptical to yes, and he had what I call his war paint on. You know, he very much was Boy George of the persona. And so trying to get past that was a challenge with a lot of celebrities, trying to kind of penetrate your public image right and get into the human side and Willie was able to but that that house was fascinating. I mean, it's very clear how hard of a worker he was.
Speaker 4: His manager was. There might have been his manager's house, So managers are hard work.
Speaker 1: PK. He interrupted the.
Speaker 3: Reading and actually validated a bunch on camera. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out. Interrupts is like.
Speaker 4: No, no, now, George, why aren't you validating? You know who this is? Who he's talking about it? Wait?
Speaker 1: I think I remember that episode. Maybe it was like right when yes, So do you watch the House?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Oh you know, do you ever feel like you so when you were watching the Kyle Richards thing happen where you like, oh my god, Alison, did you text her?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 4: A lot of the mediums don't really care for each other. That's a funny thing to wonder.
Speaker 3: I will tell you because I think it's a career that requires for one, it's more than a career. It's a calling, and it's a calling that requires people to have confidence in who they are and what they feel, and like performers, that can sometimes lead to personalities that are very intense, very centered around themselves, and that you know, doesn't always love people to play well with others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are these emotional barriers where someone might feel perturbed or destabilized by being in the presence of another another medium, where they're like, oh, I you know, like I imagine insecurity comes into play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely can. But I feel like you seem so secure in what you do. Thank you. I try my best.
Speaker 3: You know, we all have our stuff, but I just try to kind of own the vulnerability.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Is there a medium that you looked up to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a British medium named Lisa Williams. She's not as well known, but she sid have a show on Lifetime and I really liked her approach. She would sit with people and just kind of ramble and I love that. It wasn't you know, a thousand questions. It was very much just let me sit and let me talk and get it all out, and you would have very powerful effects on people. So I find that the less the person has to say, the better as far as the client being read. You want the medium to do the majority of the talking.
Speaker 1: Well, some people that's not a problem, like Teresa Capuda will just go.
Speaker 4: Off, Oh yeah, she'll bulldoze'll bulldoze you, absolutely, But you know, different people resonate with different mediums yea. And so some people need, you.
Speaker 3: Know, the East Coast ante with the big hair, right, and some people want the you know, quieter gay brother, and that's okay, therapist, because everyone resonates with different sources.
Speaker 1: Does this make dating difficult for you?
Speaker 3: I've been with my partner for going on eight years now, yes, and I'm twenty eight myself, so it's been since then, and if anything, it really helped me. I think something we all can do with intuition is really to go with those first impressions. So often we are inclined and I am. I want to say this. It's important that we give people the benefit of the doubt, right, But there are times when we know better when we meet someone and we know this person, and then we kick ourselves later on, going, geehy din't I just listen to that gut feeling, right? And that's something that helped me in my love life. It allowed me to meet someone who I immediately knew the second I saw his photo said out loud, oh, I'm going to marry this person.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, I think this is I have the gift too. I have had three boyfriends, have you The first time I saw a picture of each one of them, I said, that's my boyfriend. What I swear to God. Like three months before each of them I met each of them, I had seen a picture of them, And the second I saw a picture of them, I was like, I know that's going to be Wow.
Speaker 4: That's powerful because it just goes to show you know, you know what's for you.
Speaker 1: And with two of them I was friends with for a while before we started dating, and I kind of knew the whole time that it was going to become that. And I don't know if I was talking myself into it, but you have competitions.
Speaker 5: All I'm saying we.
Speaker 4: Could take it together would fill out to see me be like I felt that too. Yeah, you stepped back. Same.
Speaker 1: I just want to say same. I was one undred percent on board with this the whole time that now you see the photo of your partner, the intuition floods in this extends into you meeting him in person.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was one of those things where I was already in a relationship with someone who was much older than me when I was nineteen, and yeah, it was one of those things, and I had it, gotten a dog with him, and you know, we were like, oh, living a little gay life. And then I see this picture of Clan too is my age, and just the moment I saw that, I knew, Okay, my life's going to change radically. This relationship isn't right for me. I'm going to have to give up the dog. I'm going to have to end up living somewhere else. But it's all worth it for this person. And that might sound completely illogical and irrational, but it was a knowingness that ultimately proved to be true. I was able to get out of that situation that didn't work for me, and you know, happily.
Speaker 4: Ever, Wow, a third of your life almost Yeah, with the clin it's been amazing. What I love about him so much is you know, even as interesting as the medium stuff is, it's really more just two human beings who really love each other. Oh so beautiful, really lucky to be able to have him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing and it also must be quite grounding. But I would imagine that you probably hedge with like how much you put on his plate too? Yeah, because that's gotta be really that's an interesting walk. It's like, you want to be able to talk about your day at the office, but oftentimes that's obviously extremely personal. You must operate in some way like a therapist where there is some like you.
Speaker 4: Know, political distance or medium client like privilege.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, there's something to be said about compassion fatigue too, which a lot of practitioners of both therapy and I think even just interviewing people, you can get compassion fatigue, and so something that definitely applies, you know, and as a part of it. But I remember I unloaded on my boyfriend one day about my work, my dad.
Speaker 4: I unloaded all these oh g.
Speaker 1: You are the daughter.
Speaker 4: The daughter is coming through that.
Speaker 1: Loaded.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's title about a message that I had given to someone that day, and it was really heavy. And Clint went to his therapist and told his therapist told me about you know, his workday.
Speaker 4: Therapist said, well, tell him to stop.
Speaker 5: No, that's interesting, yeah, interesting.
Speaker 3: So I had to learn boundaries and kind of barriers and understanding that you know, I don't want to put other people's stuff on him.
Speaker 4: For me, you know, it's just my day to day job. I'm able to let it go. But it's not always the same for those around them.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 3: He basically is my assistant photographer, Jack of all trades, so he's a I don't drive, so he drives me everywhere. Still still twenty eight years old, I know, but hey, it's scary those highways.
Speaker 1: You know, they are scary.
Speaker 2: Look, I get there are a lot of people around our age who just never never.
Speaker 1: Happened caught on. Yeah, with them. It's one of those things too. It's like I ain't never going skiing, So same, I'm never going skiing because I know what will happen. I know what spirits are telling me.
Speaker 4: Don't Yeah, Sonny bono, don't do that.
Speaker 5: Just one.
Speaker 1: That's just like, that's just one of many. If you don't want to drive, don't drive. Exactly, your boyfriend driving you if he's busy. You know, your mom famously.
Speaker 4: Drove you exactly.
Speaker 3: She still she's outside down the street. Actually she's actually down the street. She loves you, Honestly that I'm hit with the mom.
Speaker 1: Yes, four quadron over here. Wait that that's incredible, Like I have to say, it's just like I wonder how much of me was skeptical coming in. I will say. I was on the phone my mother before this, and she goes, well, you know, like you guys are on Instagram and I'm sure you've talked about things. And I was like, I mean, look in a world where this is the way it works, because we didn't know you. We know that you're on television where a lot of shit is fake. Yes, and so I was prepared for honestly either thing. But you brought things up and I'm sure for you too. Yes, that was very personal and specific. Literally the side of my family I wasn't even thinking about. I actually was. I have a friend from high school I was hoping would come through, But like this side of my family, I think is what needed to come through. And I think it's the things that I literally had probably more questions about with weren't top of mind, just because my mother is very she's very private. She doesn't share a lot about her history. She very much wanted to be like my mom and she didn't want really me to know much about like her growing up. But I always knew it was tough, like she describes her life, and I'm like, on paper, that sounds like that would have been really hard. So that's what I mean when I say I think what needed to come through from me did and I feel like, I don't know if you feel like.
Speaker 4: I felt that way. Definitely, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to talk one on one more in depth. But we really do find that very often the person being redd ends up kind of being a medium themselves in the session because they go and tell family members. So yeah, information that can also kind of secondarily help them.
Speaker 2: Yes, talk about the Collective is how is this working? How do people find out about it?
Speaker 3: So? The Collective is basically a live show but virtual, and I paired with Mark Cuban's company.
Speaker 4: Oh so you know I'm going to get some free medication.
Speaker 3: But no, he created this platform. It's basically like a podcast basically also though very ikin to kind of like a live show where you can bring people up virtually. They can be in Oshkosh or South Africa and they get to interact and everyone gets to watch and have an experience. And I basically do readings on that platform. So I do reading giveaways every week, I do group readings twice a month, and it's just a really great opportunity if people can't come to a live show to get to see that process, and people can unsubscribe anytime. So whether there for twelve months or a month, it's just an opportunity to be able to connect and really see the essence of what I do see.
Speaker 4: There's no hook.
Speaker 1: There exactly subscribe, you can unsubscribe, you can suck off as far as you know.
Speaker 3: And the interesting thing too, sometimes people will leave, come back, leave, come back. And people don't always need to tune in every single group reading, but we have people leave some ust for six months and say, hey, I need little Tyler time. I'd just like to maybe see what happens, and then they get something out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because I can imagine that this is also something that would really scare people Like I feel like we both came in and we were like, we'll see what happens. But if you have someone that is really close to you that you've lost, or if you're in a really difficult situation, or you were in a very confusing situation, I can imagine that interacting with someone like you can feel very vulnerable and revealing.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it's intense. You never know what the medium is going to say. There's an element of ambiguity.
Speaker 4: Is it real? Is it fake? Is it objective? Is subjective?
Speaker 3: And that creates a very liminal space for the person being read. The person being read kind of gets into a state of transition internally where you know, things have melted away previously and they don't know where things are going to go. And that's a very almost perfect place for a person to be in when they're getting read. That liminality actually helps the process.
Speaker 2: Or what's the count on the number of readings you do in a week and a month in a year, Like, do you have that number?
Speaker 4: It's hard to say, cause it fluctuates, but I do.
Speaker 3: I mean countless giveaways as far as usually six private one on ones virtually in a week a week, and then I have group readings, both in person virtual group readings every two weeks, which sometimes they'll go up to like ten to fifteen people. So it's a lot, but it's like a muscle and one I constantly, you know, kind of have to refine and work on or else get kind of constipated.
Speaker 1: Spirit constipated spiritually. Maybe that's that's that's constipated comma spiritually pretty good? Is that would that be right? Grammar? Sure?
Speaker 4: Or you don't even need the comma necessarily.
Speaker 1: Spiritual, constipated spiritually with the comma kind of like feels.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, if the adverb is coming, is coming after the adjective.
Speaker 1: He's been very on his grammar ship.
Speaker 4: Well, this is gonna be a Gwyneth Paltrow candle what definitely?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what do you see for Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, She's everywhere. He's everywhere. I see her constantly come.
Speaker 1: Through and someone's reading and she's like, Hey, my fortune drops at a PM.
Speaker 4: Can't you imagine.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm seeing friendship bracelets. She's everywhere. It would be very interesting to see if she ends up marrying Drivis Kelsey.
Speaker 1: Do you see that first?
Speaker 4: Very possible. I think there stand up people.
Speaker 1: I mean where they ignore the alchemy but don't get mad at me swifties. I feel like it's time for I don't think so, honey. Yes, this is our segment on this podcast that we do every single god d week.
Speaker 5: So I have something I actually don't.
Speaker 1: Know if it exists in the world, but if it does, it shouldn't okay, And this just came up today and I need to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Theoretical.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, honey, christ Matt Rodgers, I don't think so many as time starts, I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 1: Meth gators Apparently, like the Cocaine Bear, gators can get into meth and become a meth gat Again. I don't know if I read this on a website that's not true, but apparently in Florida, if you flush your drugs down the toilet so the cops don't find them, where they're going is the swamps, and the math gets to eat and buy the gators. And can I just tell you think in your mind's I what a meth gater is. And if you're not saying I don't think so, honey, I don't think so, honey. We have to we have a problem with drugs in the track, we really do. We have to get into Florida, get the drugs out of the home gators, and get the drugs out the gators. Because unless it's a film directed by Elizabeth Banks, I do not want to see meth Gator. Did I see Cocaine Bear? Not yet. I thought maybe it wasn't a good thing for the theaters because I thought it would be really loud, and I don't know cocaine bearish and I can't really bearish that type of film. But at home, I'm doing Elizabeth. I'm gonna rent it meth Gator, Elizabeth Banks, Come on, I do think so, honey, that's one minute. Where did you find out about this Patrick House? Our friend house. We have a best friend. We have a matching tattoo. That's a house. We have the same last name, so we call a house of Rogers. So he sent us a because Florida is on mind right now, because Taylor Swift is a song called Florida. And so we sent us a screenshot of an article and it said meth gator is becoming a problem. And he said, what did Taylor? No Florida a drug?
Speaker 4: I just found it out about Sheep's heeadfish.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 4: It is a fish with human teeth?
Speaker 1: How did they get that teeth?
Speaker 4: That's that's my look at that.
Speaker 1: No horrid, isn't that awful?
Speaker 5: That's one of the worst things I've ever seen?
Speaker 1: How how you know?
Speaker 4: Furthermore, I think that's where my copper wire went. Was that alligator.
Speaker 1: Not the meth gator? Can you imagine?
Speaker 5: And now I kind of love it as a film.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, talk to Elizabeth means might I might set a meeting a meeting, like I might set a meeting with Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: Here's a big she's a big production company, huge director. You know, she produces all the pitch perfect. So there you go, and I believe she directs them.
Speaker 5: So to think she.
Speaker 4: Couldn't get no, absolutely meth Gator off the ground.
Speaker 1: I think Cocaine Bear was a hit.
Speaker 4: Was it was? It has some choreography, the Alligator.
Speaker 5: I think it could be good.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Taylor Swift of movies. It's everywhere. Yeah, there you go. Okay, Okay, So now it's going to be Bowen's turn. I have something and.
Speaker 1: It's Is it spicy?
Speaker 4: It's spicy.
Speaker 2: It might it might rub people the wrong way, that's okay, but it's okay.
Speaker 1: All right, Well this is Bowen yangs. I don't think so, honey. As time starts now, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think so, honey. Santa Monica, I just came from you.
Speaker 1: Do you live there?
Speaker 4: Malibu?
Speaker 1: Malibu? Oh? Good for you?
Speaker 4: It's happy for you.
Speaker 2: Tyler again, Santa Monica, what are you even still doing? I hadn't been to you in over a decade, and I had to go there for a work event today and I thought, there's nothing here. Fucking freaks are on the boardwalk every day, streaming yelling the rollercoaster. Eight shit, I don't think so, honey, there's nothing there. Why would I ever go to the west side. I'm sorry. Since private practice, you have not had a moment Santa Monica. You've not had a culturally significant moment.
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think for the Olympics in La in twenty twenty eight, we better be doing something with that area where knock it down, put.
Speaker 1: Them a parking lot. It's already mostly parking lot.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 2: I think you, I think you really build a lot of housing there for people, because there's no one cool is living there. I'm sorry if you live in Santa Monica, but this is my opinion, and I think we build a lot of affordable housing in Santa Monica and then that'll actually make it a worthwhile place.
Speaker 1: That's one minute.
Speaker 5: I think that you've never been so dead on.
Speaker 1: It's almost like you have the guys, because you know, what we need to do is knock down Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: And put up apartments. But it may it maybe a couple of sports venues for the Olympics. If it adds to the community one.
Speaker 4: Hundred per If it outs to the community, there's only a chance at one.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what Santa Monica is. It's a good picture.
Speaker 1: It's a postcard one picture, one picture down, and you're right, that rollercoaster, eight.
Speaker 4: Ship, that Ferris wheel. I've seen bigger.
Speaker 1: One thousand percent. First of all, let me tell you something. It goes Malibu, Venice. Yes, because I'm a ven now in Milana day, I'm in delight Era.
Speaker 5: What do you see for her.
Speaker 4: Tunnels?
Speaker 5: Understand, you're right, You're right right now.
Speaker 1: She be like, no one could have known that. But then yeah, down there, down there Malibu.
Speaker 3: Oh well, it's kind of going down Centa. But I have a rant against Prius. Prius drivers just no, yeah, I'm here today.
Speaker 1: I'm right.
Speaker 4: We're going to schedule somebody, Yes, tight schedule and we got it. We got it. Now, let's do it. Okay, this is Tyler Harris. I don't think so many his time starts new I don't think so. Prius drivers are the absolute worst. I'm calling out every single listener who has a Prius, particularly a gray Prius. I'm gonna throw that out there.
Speaker 3: Is driven by cranberry juice and a dream. It is motivated down that little highway by the farts of environmentalists. It is powered by pure carbon emissions in a great feet of irony. And this only goes thirty seconds. Prius drivers are on.
Speaker 4: Thirty seconds. He got it out, got it out right. That wasnise.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you I think that a lot of the readers, Katie's publicist and finalists might be driving a Prius and they're going to drive off the road. And I would just say, if you've driven off the road, call for help. Now hit the star. We're sorry to have shaken you.
Speaker 4: So they don't go fast enough to go over a cliff, Oh my, they really, They're just gonna come to a very gentle stop in the middle of the road.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, Prius is they are a thing of the past and should remain in the past.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, we need to quit making them just walk, Yes, just walk, just walk.
Speaker 2: We're thankful for Prius, this for everything they've done to create the model for a hybrid car.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I had a mean dean in high school who drove a Prius. She was out to get me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, there was a lot of adults, a lot.
Speaker 4: Of adults in my high school who really did not know what to do with did you.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is true, Like he had a theater teacher who refused to acknowledge his star quality. And here's the thing is like, when you meet Bowen, it's immediately evident, and so she was jealous.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of the adults were jealous of you.
Speaker 2: I will shout out one adult who was amazing, Adrian hol Dean. He's retiring after years and years of working as a one of the best math teachers in the country and he was my improv coach.
Speaker 1: There you go, and he gave me.
Speaker 4: My path, which was to do frivolous comedy on stage.
Speaker 1: And while we're doing this, I want to shout out my fourth grade teacher, Ted Dumaguard. At the end of the year, he looked at me in the eyes and he said, you need to take life less seriously because your essence is fun and you take yourself too seriously. And then I never took myself seriously a single day in my life ever, Beautiful, I don't take myself seriously.
Speaker 4: And that is why we love you Tyler. Adults you want to shout out, oh, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, shots my mom and dad he exists.
Speaker 1: People are like, where's your dad? Is he just? Is he gone?
Speaker 4: Is he in the ether? No, he's just shy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The greatest gift you can give your child is to love them unconditionally, and when you do so, you become foundational to their self esteem. And that's the gift that my parents gave me. So beautiful, word up, word up, beautifully.
Speaker 1: Put. This has been such a great experience and what an amazing time getting to know you and get to talk to you. I can't wait to follow up. I know we both can. And you have to go see Tyler on tour. Is there a website where they can get tickets?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tyler Henry Hollywood medium dot com. There you go, yep, Hollywood medium dot com.
Speaker 3: Very un brand right, the other domain was taken, Tyler, don't go to that one. That one's a little is it. That's a little bit more CD.
Speaker 4: Henry after Dark.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing about Tyler Henry is that's a kind of iconic porn name.
Speaker 4: It's a great it's a great porn name. It is it is a great medium name. Thank you, Thank you medium, you could do both. Medium A T I U M. He's a big medium. Meet you very good at that. The word play, thank you, very good.
Speaker 1: That see the joke coming. The word episode of every episode with the.
Speaker 4: Song yes I can see, I can see.
Speaker 1: What are the words to about?
Speaker 4: I just know the chorus?
Speaker 1: Well, now we're all tortured poets, pilled, so we don't know. We totally forgot to speak now. Sorry, sorry Taylor. Bye,