Speaker 1: Welcome to We Talk Back Podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and the Black Effect Network.
Speaker 2: You're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks.
Speaker 1: What's up y'all? Thank you for tuning in for a new episode and We Talked Back. The show dedicated to you niggas and your host. This is your co host, aj Holiday. What's up, Tam Bam. I heard these niggas was talking shit.
Speaker 2: That's how you feel today, y'all. Hey y'all, love y'all, oh much, Welcome to We Talk Back for Dreamers and Chasers too. Boom boom, love y'all. I love y'all.
Speaker 1: I love you to the week. I love you more for real. I really do like I love y'all for real. Yeah. My mom may had to tell me she loved me every day is what she did. Then let me know she loved me, child, Right, y'all gotta learn thero people's actions, not the words.
Speaker 2: Both both. I need both. I need you to tell me you love me and show her love me too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just need you to just do it, Just show me you love me.
Speaker 2: I need to hear it, you know. Sometimes people never That's why I love to say it. On the show because some people never hear it. Some people never hear anybody tell them that they are loved. So I love y'all, man, I do. I really appreciate y'all for tuning in every week and listening to the sound of our voices and our opinions and shit, no matter how you feel about them, you're here.
Speaker 1: And you sound like you're talking on your stomach too, And I.
Speaker 2: Am if my feet kicked up in the air. This is girls all, this is girl time. I'm with my sisters. We sound crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it sounds stuffy a little bit. Stand up.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna need you sit up? Do that sound better?
Speaker 1: Yes? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay. I love y'all with my whole.
Speaker 1: Stomach, whole diaphragm.
Speaker 2: Weekend jah, My weekend I had. My weekend was like I just worked and then when I got done working, came back, took a shower, and got into bed. Saturday night, I went, y'all, I got some bad news. I had to pay for my own weed for the first time.
Speaker 1: Forever, like bundle or just your hair done?
Speaker 2: What you mean no marijuana? Oh?
Speaker 1: Your on weed? I like you said, we've.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to well honestly, it's not weed. I don't have a weed man anymore like I used to. Well, he used to be my booths. I used to get it free, but now I have to purchase its ghetto. I didn't even I went to like one of those uh CBD shops and got like a CBD joint. So that's not even weed for real now.
Speaker 1: No, they'd be selling real weed them shops. I don't know how they're getting around it, but you probably got you some real bud out there.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like it was already. It was like a pre roll thc CB nine. They had me talking my ass off. I got on the phone with my friend Tamika, and I swear I was just like, she said, are you awsomething? I was like, as a matter of fact, I am.
Speaker 1: I never felt more like a crackhead than being on the phone one night with a friend and I forgot I had took the shroom.
Speaker 2: I was my friend.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, this is recently. I know what you're talking about. No, this is recently. I was just laughing with your ass. No, but I'm trying to tell him more than laughing. Yeah, I was trying to tell him about like things I'm working on and he just thoughted me. He was like, are you doing drugs? And I'm like, actually, I am. Do I sound like it? Like I felt like a junkie in that moment a little bit, So I wish I could hear how it sounded to him to come to that conclusion, like is this bitch a crackhead? Right?
Speaker 2: So I just did that, and then I watched Lioness. Y'all if y'all don't watch Lioness on Hulu. It is so good with Zoe south Donna. I think that's how you say her name. But yeah, do you watch that?
Speaker 1: Duvall posted about it but I hadn't.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so good, you should watch it. There's a whole We're on season two, but season one is amazing. Season two is good too.
Speaker 1: What's the gist of it?
Speaker 2: It's about like basically a remember B six thirteen. There's this secret organization government that basically does all the shit nobody wants to do. But they're women. Interesting, they're women, and this woman has to be trained and go in and do some covert option shit that's next level. Like these they have the highest security clearance and Zosal Donna like is the head of this Lioness team, and she a bad bitch. She don't answer to nobody, and she talked shit like. She was like to this white man like they did this mission and they went to the base and he was the highest ranking person on this base and she's like, where's your office? And he said why She's like, because that's my office. Now. I was like, yeah, thats right, get on ass. So I love that show. So I watched that. They got some new episodes. Y'all try that show out. And that was it.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds fun ooh.
Speaker 2: And then I made a I made a pop pye. It was nasty because I usually do, Like I don't cook as much as I used to when I had my nigga, but when I cook, it's usually good. People all were like, oh, this is really nice. You did your thing, baby. I didn't and I do my thing that time. And I don't know what happened. I'm still you see me scratching my head. I was just confused as to what where I went wrong.
Speaker 1: I can't stand fucking up food. I feel me either.
Speaker 2: It pisses me off so bad. And my mom was so sweet. She was eating her little plate and she was like, I was like, how it tastes even though I had tasted it, and I know it was like, it wasn't nasty. It just didn't taste like nothing, you know, like and I try to cut back on sodium and things like that because my mom is high blood pressure, so.
Speaker 1: It might taste So it might've actually tasted good to her because she probably doesn't use that much salt in her food anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said it was good. She was like, it's good, but she ain't ate no more of it. That's how I know. Throw that whole pair.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna slap dunk it. Shame. Yeah, I ain't do much this weekend either. I did finish watching the I guess this was the TV weekend. I don't know. I finished watching The Penguin on is that No, not Prime, that's on Max HBO Max. That's about it, and I do I love Batman shit and.
Speaker 2: He talks about the Penguin. I need to go see it needs.
Speaker 1: A piece of ship. That last episode, dog, I'm like yo the whole time. I'm like, Yo, this nigga really a sociopath and that last episode just i't that shit pissed me off. So bad the last episode if y'all watched the thing when y'all know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody was on Facebook like fuck the penguin. Yo, shit, Well we're not supposed to like the penguin. He's a villain, you know, and.
Speaker 1: He's been a villain since he was a child, you know. But the storyline is different. Remember like on Batman, like his storyline was his parents like dropped him in the sewer and he grew up down there. Like that's not the storyline on the series.
Speaker 2: It is not so because who can't how can anybody grow? It?
Speaker 1: Ain't no penguins underneath. I mean it's Gotham City, right, But I thought Gotham City is New York City. But does New York have penguins in the sewer? No zombies, it's rats, big ones, big dogs down that bitch.
Speaker 2: Rats to ties.
Speaker 1: So that was my weekend. I do much chill out, relax and made sure I made it to a new week help.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, all of us, all of us listening, we here, we blessed?
Speaker 1: Yes, So did you see that old girls marrying my motherfucking boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Like I saw that Meghan Good and Jonathan majors are engaged. Okay, I'm happy for them. I'm any I'm happy anytime black people get engaged because it's just so hard for us dating. So anytime people will find love. Look at your face, fix your face, y'all, aj is frowned up.
Speaker 1: I like Meghan Goood though she can have them, she can have them. Megan Goood is one of my faves. Okay, y'all can't talk shit. I heard she's very much so a real life sweetheart, So she has my blessings. On the engagement to my.
Speaker 2: Too, I hope the last. I hope they stay together for forever, indefinitely. Now people are concerned with their finances and saying that Megan Good might be footing the bill for all the things, and maybe she bought her own ring and all this crazy stuff. And my response to them is, who fucking cares? It ain't tricking if you got it, I don't care if she happy. If she happy, she could spend every dollar she got on that nigga. I wouldn't give a damn as long as they happy and they treating each other, right, Who am I to judge?
Speaker 1: So weird? Like why we talk about people rich people finances now, Like, I'm pretty that Nigga had some pretty good movies. He has to have a little something. He has to have money, like.
Speaker 2: And it's not over for him. I think there's gonna be major motion pictures in his future. You know, he's a great actor, and he seems like a nice guy, especially like being ugly for so long and then yeah, he probably the nicest nigga ever.
Speaker 1: He probably said that ugly Nigga still inside him, right.
Speaker 2: He's probably so good to her, like he just can't even believe he wear.
Speaker 1: Her so weird though, don't you think he looks more weirder with her? He was so sexy single and then once they got together, It's like I never seen somebody get more lame once they get a relationship, like a public It.
Speaker 2: Was when he did that whole down dance at that party, That's what That's what I was like, corn, He looked like he was having a good time. Though I'm not a fan of his particular fashion choices either. I think that's what makes him not as cute. Like, but once he gets to acting again and we get to see him and all his very viril madness, because he just got a very strong masculine energy and everything that he playing will be able to fall back in love.
Speaker 1: I think that it's just people are really miserable. Yeah, anytime I see black people smiling, happy, just doing all the things, I'm happy for them. I don't have nothing negative to say about that. Like how could you look at this union and say all that Nigga look broke? She paid for her own ring, Like.
Speaker 2: That is so people are miserable, Like really, what.
Speaker 1: Is the problem. Like a lot of people need to do some internal deep diving, man, because what when I saw it, I'm like good for them because we just saw headlines saying that they broke up. Yeah, I saw headlines like last week, week before last saying that they split and it was like right around the time that we saw her ex husband come out public with his boo.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's crazy. That's the thing about being celebrity, like because people break up and get back together all the time, and they move on, people become exes and find new people and nobody gives a fuck. But for whatever reason, we care who Megan good ex husband Nuboo is You're stupid? Who cares? You know?
Speaker 1: I don't know, especially women, they be trying to count our bodies up publicly like the celebrity women, you get your bodies. The only person I've seen them do that too, other than like a woman was future. I did see a post where they list off future bodies they can't even know of the beginning and Nick Cannon and those are just people who have had children. For these men, I'm pretty sure that they probably got about five thousand bodies under their belt. Yeah, a lot that shit wild. The average man got at least five hundred bodies. Well, you know, no, my conversations for men who've been getting pussy since high school, they definitely got five hundred bodies easy.
Speaker 2: Five hundred sexual partners live just.
Speaker 1: Divided over twelve months, and you know what I'm saying. So they started having sex at whatever age each right, and now they forty forty something shit ten bodies a year. That's that won't even give you. That gave you a less than five hundred niggas with way more than people in that in a year's time. I think men who actually have access.
Speaker 2: To women, I don't know aj that is excessive. Five hundred bodies? Are they porno stars? Because hit us up?
Speaker 1: Let us know how many bodies you got if you're man, prove me wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a lot. That's here. You scared me, and they.
Speaker 1: Gonna call you a hole for twenty bodies, okay, right, twenty.
Speaker 2: Is a good number, right by forty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, five hundred, five.
Speaker 2: Hundred thousand, hundred is no plus.
Speaker 1: I think five hundred to two thousand is the average man body count to two thousand, yes, yes, still yeah, two thousand. Bitches, we are sucking these reused penises like.
Speaker 2: I'm not sucking nothing no more. I'm done. So next, next thing? All right, Jake Paul and Mike Tyson fight. Did you watch it?
Speaker 1: I did not watch it. I went to sleep.
Speaker 2: Like all the rest of the people born in the eighties.
Speaker 1: I didn't know until today that he didn't win. I didn't. I didn't care to watch it for real when they canceled it earlier this year when they I think they were supposed to fight, like when in August something he got. Yeah, I just I don't know. I forgot about it, really, and I'm like, damn, that's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fucked up. So I watched it. I was sitting there trying to watch it, and I was with my god kids, and their mom was like, I don't want them to see fighting, so I paused it while they were in the room with me, and then when they left, I I went and I pressed play right but I thought it was going to take me to the space where it was live, but it just started me right back where I left off. And I wasn't paying attention because it wasn't Tyson fighting. It was the undercards that were fighting, right, So I wasn't paying attention to who was on the screen, and it just was on and I pressed play and it took me right back where I left off instead of to where it was. And this was hours later. So I'm just sitting there like it's about almost winning. The more I'm like, god, damn Tyson. I came out, Yeah, what the fuck? And then I called one of my homeboys and I was like, what you doing. He's like watching the fight. It's almost over. Then I was like, yeah, I already for Tyson to come out. He was like eighth Brown. I'm like what. He's like, I'm watching it right now. I'm like how so I missed the whole fight thinking I was still waiting on it. It was over.
Speaker 1: I saw a lot of people saying that Netflix was lagging.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah it was miss and I was thinking mine is perfectly fine. But it was perfectly fine because I was so far behind. It was so I missed it. I missed the whole fight. But I did get to see Tyson's ass before the fight, yo, because.
Speaker 1: I finally saw the actual ass all the most most of the pictures that were online were like the blurred out version, but I saw the actual ass.
Speaker 2: Now, it's not a bad ass. I've seen some bad asses walk away from me. Okay, that wasn't a bad ass.
Speaker 1: For fifty had a lot of creases in that booty at the bottom and he fifty eight that nigging? Why? Why? Why is that what they wear? It normally underneath the clothes that What is that called a jock jock strap? Is that most people who play sports wear jockstraps like that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Men?
Speaker 1: Oh is that like to keep the balls cuffed up? Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Keep them protected?
Speaker 1: Okay from harm? Why why the fuck was they even talking to him in that?
Speaker 2: Why with his body? He's very comfortable with his body. But they could have cut they could have cut it. The was it live? Because they could have cut it before it got to the ass.
Speaker 1: But Mike Tyson don't give a fuck no more.
Speaker 2: Okay, but when I seen that ass, I knew he was gonna lose tho.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, yeah, that's a losing ass.
Speaker 2: This should be an exhibition fight instead of a winner.
Speaker 1: He got twenty million, he want we won?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in sixteen minutes of fighting. I fight J Paul for sixteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Both of us can get on there. Did you ever see that video? It's two girls like jumping into one guy in the cage fighting like the he was whooping as I think me and you could win, bitch.
Speaker 2: I think that man a whoop. I ass that man did. Just see how he did not hold back because they was women.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I can fight really well. Like I feel like I feel like it was me and one of my Like it was me and Priscilla. We fucking him up big time.
Speaker 2: Listen, maybe in the first round, but I'm talking about around after round, y'all. Go get to y'all. Old bitch is gonna get tired. He was and fat, y'all not y'all haven't trained for that.
Speaker 1: I do cycling. That is enough too, Like I got enough stamina to punch a little bit.
Speaker 2: Listen, I cycle over one thousand miles in two twenty four before my foot broke, and I still don't feel like that white man I could take him. I'm just sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do all the thing. I'm grabbing them balls from the bath.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, I'm doing dancing around the ring the whole time, trying not to get hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think me and a homegirl could have fucked him up. Man, them white girls is too slim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a little. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like, man, I just can't wait to kick sweep a nigga. Like that's really my fitness goals is to get to the point to where like I can kicksweeping nigga mid conversation, like kick these Well, you.
Speaker 2: Need to go keep going to the gym, baby, because I think that white man will fuck you and Priscilla. Maybe not the first round, but round two. All right, what happened?
Speaker 1: Oh UFOs, Yeah, I saw that, it says Lauren Bobert Probes UFO experts on existence of underwater alien bases on Earth. The American people are being kept in the dark. I don't know if y'all notice or not this might have been like in twenty nineteen. I think this is during Trump Trump's presidency. He did have a lot of classified documents unclassified and y'all can find them on I got multiple websites, y'all can find some of these documents. But they've been knowing this, right. We would be ignorant to think that we are the only beings in this galaxy, in this universe, on this planet.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think not only is it ignorant, it's narcissistic almost to believe like that you're just the only thing. You're just so great, you're the only thing here. Like that's insane to even think that it's narcissistic. The word I'm looking for it. Maybe it's arrogant, Yeah, arrogant. Arrogant is the word I'm thinking. To believe that you're the only thing to exist. And you know how we can only go so deep in the water before we it exposed our bodies and our heads and our brains. I'm sure it's aliens that can only go so high before it hurts them, you know, And like those whales and shit, I always call those aliens. Those are the aliens that could get closer to us.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, they have not explored like the most of most of the planet is water, and they have not explored. Lord, we can't even go that deep into the ocean to see what's actually going on down there. And then there's some places where you go into the ocean and you end up in another ocean. Like there's land right and more ocean. The ship is.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable, so vast, it's amazing. So it's just a very small portion like the time. Like if you think about the universe and how big it is and how many galaxies and planets there are, we are so small. So sitting here talking about Jonathan Major's and Megan getting married, it's just like so dumb in a green about it.
Speaker 1: But see, I don't think I never thought that. Well, I won't say I never thought, because this is what we're taught in schools, right, that outer space is up. I think for I think outer space is actually over and down. I don't think that there's like the moons and shit are up in the sky. There's alternative maps out there right that shows what Earth actually looks like. And some people may say the moon looks like the moon is actually a mirror. So if you want to see what it actually looks like, the grade out areas on the Moon is actually what Earth looks like. So the other planets are to the side of us, not up. And this goes into fla flat Earth theory and shit like that. But all things have to be considered. Science is forever changing, so you got to consider all things, so it says. During a hearing held by a subcommittee of the House Oversight Committee in Washington, c Wednesday, Bobert asked a group of experts if they had any knowledge of the Department of Defense was involved. Excuse me, had any knowledge if the Department of Defense was involved with any secretive projects involving the manipulation of human genetics with non human genetic material. A team of four experts consisting of retired Navy rear Admiral doctor Tim I think this is pronounced galladute galladet, former deal the official Lewis Elizondo, and former NASA Associate Administrator of Space Policy Michael Gold and a journalist Michael Schillenberger, testified that the government lacks transparency with the public regarding UAPs and alien life. During the hearing, dubbed unidentified anonymalous phenomena Exposing the Truth. Robert asked experts about rumors that have come up regarding a secretive project within a Department of Defense involving the manipulation. I'm want to look into this because this is I see it a headline. But now they're talking about genetics and stuff like that. Now we can go into like different mythologies out there on how humans like the today's human actually came about. And our ancestors from the future, that's what I like to call them, because you can't tell me that they weren't more tech technologically, technologically advanced that we were. It's some structures that we can rebuild today. Why we don't have that technology, you know, but we acting like we're the smartest out here. But it's a lot of technology I think that was passed down or even found that they use and they kind of sprinkle it out to us. Give us a little bit old cell phones. They been had cell phones. That's new. I mean that's old. It's new to us. But the government ben had this technology. Where did it come from? Wi Fi? I think that shit just exists. I think I think energy lights just exist.
Speaker 2: And we're paying for it. Well, it's all energy is all around us, is everywhere, but we pay for it. That's the part I don't like exactly.
Speaker 1: So what if energy were free, that would free us up? That would that we are literally like in bondage because of lights.
Speaker 2: Bills period, especially lights, because ain't no way vegas using all that elect I got to pay this light bill right here. That's stupid to me, exactly.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: We should have band together, y'all and just don't pay another light bill.
Speaker 1: Taxes because what the fuck, y'all, what we do with all the money. Like, I'm afraid at all all, I don't The fucking infrastructure sucks. You go to places like Dubai, they should is let America does not look like that. Okay, we are not building in that way like our ancestors from the future did, so I don't know. I think we will start seeing some even more strange things. I think they are prepping us for things they already know. Or y'all ever read that, You ever read that book? Behold a pale horse in that book? This is uhi ci a operative William Cooper, who the government eliminated at some point right after this book was produced, and the actually have changed this book a couple times. There's some edited versions out there now. But he talks about how the US government will introduce us UFOs as if it's this outside entity, but it's actually the US government that are putting this. Uh they call it a They want everybody to feel like we have a common enemy basically, right, but it's actually them attacking the people. Is the government created these things will end up start seeing up in the sky and shit AI not even AI. There are actual ships and things like that, that technology that we already have. But imagine anybody could show up right now and just look completely. Remember that shit that happened in Miami with the aliens allisurely. All of those people said they saw what they saw, right, you know, well.
Speaker 2: I believe in aliens. I believe it was aliens in the Bible. They just didn't call them that.
Speaker 1: Giants and ship, Yeah, I think the I think we just evolved into something different because of the environment. Those those two are ancestors. Remember when Brittany Grinder went to prison, mm hmm, and I was I believe that she is a fucking descendant of the Annarchy or Nephelim something. That girl has a wingspan of seven feet. That is a modern day giant. That's a woman. I got people in my family big and tall like that women. So we just started shrinking because of the environment.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, that's crazy. Seven foot is big.
Speaker 1: Yeah she's six ' nine.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know. I mean, I was about to say something disguster. All right, I'm not gonna say, man, is this inappropriate? We love you, Brittany, y'all. So next week is Thanksgiving and on this EPISOD, so we want to share some of our recipes. Now. I won't share my pop Pye recipe because I fucked it up and I don't want you all to make that. But I will share one of my recipes that people rave about when they have it, and a good cocktail.
Speaker 1: What you gonna share aging, I'm gonna share a Charston local dish that we are known for and a good mocktail. I'm not drinking no more, man, I'm over that shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna get into it when we get back. Stay tuned. All right, guys, we're back, and I have my recipe. I'm gonna do some good old candy ams candy you don't like candy ams.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So why you boom? My shit, it's fun to boo.
Speaker 2: You boom? Mean girl, Mean girl. So, first of all, I don't know why we call it candy ams because they're not yams. They're candy sweet potatoes. I just have an issue with that for whatever reason, it just don't sit right with my spirit.
Speaker 1: Getmboozled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never had a yam in my life, have you? Yeah, I've never eaten a yam. I don't know why they call it candy yams. Yeah, Oh no, I'm lying. I've had pounded yam with a goosey suit.
Speaker 1: That's yam, right, Yeah, Because mostly Africans and Caribbean people eat the yam the root people call yam. But they all they are all they are all roots, like the sweet potatoes a root mm hm. So I think that's why they just they call it a candy jam because they look alike. They might be different in taste, but.
Speaker 2: It ain't the same shit. And if you go get some yams trying to make sweet potatoes, your family gonna be upstand with you.
Speaker 1: What the let us know who out here really going to do? Somebody tell you how to cook sweet potatoes. Are y'all really gonna go to the store and pick up a purple yam ya doing that?
Speaker 2: No? No better? And this was your first time? I done went to some holiday dinners that was like, oh my god. I remember one of my before I get into my recipe, I went, this is when I was living in Europe, and obviously there's no Thanksgiving in Europe because they don't celebrate. Yeah, it's the American holiday. They why would they celebrate that? It's literally against them pretty much Thanksgiving. So I went to one of my friend girls, she was Caucasian girl had Thanksgiving, and I just went to a couple of pieces of people's houses. I stopped by a lot of places, and I went by her house and she made some mashed potatoes and it was literally boiled potatoes mashed up and then put it in a bowl.
Speaker 1: No no butter, no cream, no chives, no.
Speaker 2: No seasoning, no nothing, no papa, no butter, no nothing. Potato mash. And you know, you don't want to be rude at people's house. You gotta eat something.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't. I don't like to eat food. I don't go to people's house for dinner and then don't eat nothing. That's just rude. You gotta eat something. They're gonna be looking at you why, like why the fuck you came. If you're not gonna you're insulting the family, the chef by not eating something, you know, So you got to eat something. So I just had. I had a little mashed potatoes and I had some turkey. You know, the turkey wasn't bad. But I've gone to another house, one of my friends from New Orleans, and I was like, oh yeah, this shit about to be busting, and her mac and cheese was spaghetti news, and I.
Speaker 1: Was just what.
Speaker 2: I was so upset. I could not believe that I saved my stomach because I just knew it was gonna be the shit, and she's spaghetti news for her macaroni, and I just I was ready to fist fight.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'd be eyeballing people's shit. And if it doesn't, if it's not like appealing to my eyes, I can't force myself to eat it, you know, because and then I think it's even worse to slam dunk someone's plate in the trash in their house. So I just don't want to risk it. You know, I'll take a dessert instead, like I'll I already eat. Let me try a dessert, you know, because how can you really fuck dessert up? But people be fucking dessert up?
Speaker 2: People can fuck up anything. I'm fine, I'm finding, but I will. I'm not gonna ever go to someone's house and not eat something. I'm gonna make it happen firm because I'm just I don't want to hurt nobody feelings, especially if they invite you to their home and they're sharing their meal with you. You gotta eat something. But oh no, all right, someone throw up over here. I don't typically to eat their houses where they have cats. No shade, excuse me, no shade.
Speaker 1: On Wait a minute, let me talk about my cat, right quick, y'all. One thing I know now since having a cat, is that people discriminate against cats, even stores. Why is there a like you can go to a pet store. Most of the store is dog shit. You kept you got like one little corner of cat stuff. You know why? Because cats are very low maintenance. Cats are not nasty. It's nasty people who have cats that is the problem. They don't clean out litter boxes, let the cat walk up on the fucking counter and do what the hell they want to do. So it's still not the cat. It is the human that's nasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but cats aren't doing what they want to do.
Speaker 1: No, they can also be trained. Cats can be trained like my I have to be on my cat ass about doing certain things, like you have to train them. I'm party training her right now too, and she's been little box trains and she was seven weeks. So it's just bad people with pets. Yeah, you better eat my food. You come over here with this.
Speaker 2: You would not have your cat walking on your stove.
Speaker 1: Eating the salmon and you still you've seen that video the cat tore off, yes, and she's still cooking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's next level.
Speaker 1: Do we really have a food shortage? Do food really cost too much? The way people be wasting food for content on social media?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I know there's an E Cola breakout and the carrots from all the good places that you would get your whole foods, whole foods. That's it seems like every week something is newly contaminated. Right, it's scary. What's going on with our FDA? Done? Got are they on crack? Because relax.
Speaker 1: I think people would be real surprised if they saw how much of our food comes from outside this country. And then you think that any type of warfare would start with boots on the ground in the country. They don't have to. They actually could control our supply chain. They control our we call customer service, these people ask are on the phone like they haven't enabled them to fuck us up, and I feel like that's actually what's happening.
Speaker 2: I saw a video that just pissed me off about grass fed beef and it was cows, but they were still in like housed in like something that looked similar to a warehouse, and they were just dropping grass on top of their heads. I'm like, I know you fucking lying because I just saw a grass fed cow was out in the pasture living a pleasant life. No, they're dropping grass on their head and saying this grass fed.
Speaker 1: The word organic don't mean what we think either, Like that is really a marketing term basically, because.
Speaker 2: A lot of life, just like human hair on a pack, it's the same life. That is.
Speaker 1: You mean you got some good as synthetic weave?
Speaker 2: Oh my goods? All right, So I'm gonna get into my candy m recipe. Okay, so let's say I'm just gonna give you a measurement for about four large sweet potatoes. You're gonna take your You're gonna wash them thoroughly. You guys, wash your potatoes. They come out the ground. They're not clean from the grocery store. Please wash your potatoes cold water. I get a stick of unsalted butter, two cups of granulated sugar, and this, this is one of the things I add into my sweet potatoes that people don't typically do. I use one fourth cup of heavy whipping cream.
Speaker 1: Cream and every fucking thing this bench heavy whooping cream and eggs. You really want them. Instagram cooks they use heavy whipping cream on every plea.
Speaker 2: It's every It's so good. It is so bad, Yeah it is. That's what my thigh as big as they are right now. A three fourth cup of brown sugar lighter, darker light, which I only use Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then it go hard in the cabinet. I never can use the same brown sugar. Can do that shit even last a year.
Speaker 1: You just have to seal it up. See y'all be having all these containers and shit open up in the damn cabinets.
Speaker 2: It in the box, and then I just rolled a little plastic up and stick it down inside the box. But it's still be hard.
Speaker 1: Because it's still air coming in there. I put my shit in the zip lock bag.
Speaker 2: Yeahron sugar, get a new box, a new box. Yeah, all right, So then two tablespoons no, no, I'm lying two tea spoons, two to three teaspoons of cinnamon. You use a lot more cinnamon than that.
Speaker 1: I eyeball it when I make.
Speaker 2: These numbers are so ancestors really tell me? But you know I'm giving you ball apart, right.
Speaker 1: It depends on how much potato I have. So you said, like four potato's really not a lot once you cook that down.
Speaker 2: That's this ingredients is like the feet about four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those are those Nigga service sizes.
Speaker 2: I didn't know how to, like, I didn't want to say eight large potatoes like I'm just you know, you can do measure it for your family. But this was like the feed four A half teaspoon of nutmeg, fourth teaspoon of ginger, a forest, a fourth teaspoon of salt. Do you put any salt salt? Cut? It needs to cut a little bit I use a little bit of.
Speaker 1: What why not just use less sugar if you're trying to cut the sugar content.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It just does something extra for it. I don't know. It makes it better to me two tablespoons of Mexican vanilla extract. It gotta be Mexican, Okay, So what's the difference between that?
Speaker 1: Now? Because I've never even heard about Mexican vanilla extract, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't even tell you what I was. So I took what I always do is I'll take a recipe that I like or that i've been using, and I might like, go somewhere and have and I'll be like, what you put in yours? And they'd be like, oh, I use this, and I'll feel yeah. So it'll be a little bit of my shit, a little bit of their shit, a little bit of something from online, and then I've created this masterpiece.
Speaker 1: So I know that Mexican spices and stuff in the grocery store are usually cheaper. Is that why they have it there? Because it just regular vanilla extract? Because I swear to god, I never heard no damn Mexican vanilla extract. Or maybe it's just from Mexico is.
Speaker 2: That let's see Mexican vanilla versus Mexican vanilla bee's are thicker than other varietes. The flavor profile of the Mexican vanilla beans is similar to Madagascar vanilla beans, though the Mexican vanilla is mellower, smoother quality and spicy woody fragrance that provides a depth other than vanilla beans can't match it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's it hit harder, got it?
Speaker 2: It just hit different.
Speaker 1: I might have to try out that little Mexican Mexican vanilla, okay, yep.
Speaker 2: And then a half teaspoon of nutmeg, two pinches of ground cloth, well, don't put that in yours, and and then a tablespoon of pure maple syrup. It gotta be one hundred percent maple. It can't be that shit that you put on your pancakes and shit, no pure maple. That's another ship I don't use. But Thanksgiving and Christmas and then it gets thrown out. I'll pull it out the next year and I'll be like syrup, Yeah, I don't keep it. It's a year old. I just throw it out.
Speaker 1: I only use maple syrup because the other regular syrup, like Anchiemima and shit like that. That's not actual syrup. That's just man made like hide fructose corn syrup. But maple syrup actually comes from a tree, Like who the hell do? And that should be like twenty.
Speaker 2: Dollars folks bottle. But if it's sitting there a year, I just eat pancakes.
Speaker 1: I eat maple syrup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even really eat pancakes like that. It's very rare that I have a pant to but no rare, but I'm definitely using it anchie Mama or Maple Flour Company or whatever it's called now because they don't. They took Anchi Mama off of it because they said it was racist, which I disagree.
Speaker 1: What does it say now I forgot.
Speaker 2: Something flour company or some shit like that. But I you know, I can understand where people are like, oh, that's racist, take that black lady off the bottle. But I felt like it was celebrating her, you know. I guess it's just all about perspective. And then, and this is another thing I use that people be like, ah, but when it's done, it come out so good. Four tablespoons of frozen orange juice concentrate. But you gotta thought, you know, don't cut off a piece, let it throw out and then put four tablespoons and give it just a little tiny tang. And it's a good It's so good. And so basically what I do is, you know, some people boil their potatoes first, just so it cooks faster, but I just like it to roast in the oven. Just absorble all that diabetes and just yeah, it is a diabetes plate. Baby, you can't eat some people, Black people, we eat like this every Sunday. You can't eat like that. And that's why big Mama your arm, that's why eat it and shit all the time. But basically I just cut the potatoes unto like peel them, cut them into like a half inch thick circles. But you know, cut it the best you can, because if you ain't got a good knife, you might fuck around and cut your hand off.
Speaker 1: Knives get gold to order you a set of knives a Black Friday.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, absolutely that's coming up, but it'll be making cooking. It'll be too late by then. On Black Friday, you don't chop your hand off, but get you a good knife, because it ain't nothing worse than trying to cut through potato with a bad knife. Trust me, I've been there, but half inch thick. And then I put my butter, my sugar and make like this thick syrup out of the butter and sugar, and then I add the cream and then really all the rest of the ingredients, the maple to layer layered it up in a pot. No no, I put it in the pot first and just kind of like stirred until it's like this thick syrupy mixture and it's thick and it's creamy because of the heavy whipping cream. And then I put the potatoes. I put butter down at the bottom of the pan just a little bit, and then layer the potatoes and then I pour that thick mixture over the top. And then I bake it for like fifty minutes fifty minutes to an hour covered, and then I take the fall off and bake it for probably another twenty thirty forty minutes. It just depends on how tender the potato is uncovered. And baby, that shit is so good make you want to slap your grandma.
Speaker 1: That's my recipe I've learned with cooking, Like, I make a lot of things very simple because simple, simple cooking to me, taste better. I feel like sometimes we put two s black people. Okay, we put too much shit and food, like some things don't even call for every season and your goddamn cabinet. So yeah, a lot of that stuff I went and put in inside your yams. It sounds like it might be good because I have a I can taste it without tasting it, just based on the ingredients, so I can see how that would be good. But my my regular yams is a little bit more, and I've gotten rave reviews on yams. I remember one time I cook jams and I took it to a potluck at work, and bitch is a surprise, Like who the hell made these actual cut up potatoes. I'm like, how y'all make jams, y'all? Don't cut potatoes up? Y'all y'all eating that shit out the can with the can.
Speaker 2: When I went to the grocery coourt, I've seen like a stand like it was packed to the top with them sweet potato kings, and I'm like they expected a lot of people to buy this.
Speaker 1: My oldest sister be using those glory greens. Girl, if you don't buy you a bunch of greens and roll them shit up and cut them up, cut it. That's one thing I don't do because I don't eat meat no more. Right, So my greens like CALLI greens. I don't know, like I don't. I think I like greens now without the meat, like I never I would have never known, right had I just stopped eating like neck boone and all that bullshit, which I would only eat that shit around this time of year anyway, when my mom would cook it. But I like my greens without all that. Shouldn't it Like actual greens taste good, like just sautee down with garlic and your seasonings and all that stuff. You can put a little bit of liquid smoke in there if you want that smoky flavor, because it's not the meat that's giving your food and flavor. It's the smoke that smoked meat. It's just smoked meat. Though just the raw meat by itself is not gonna taste like how it taste before you season it up with vegetables.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like like cooking and meat in the pot for a long time first and then.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, that's how you're supposed to do it. But my greens tastes good girl without me. I promise, I promise it's still a good part of greens.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's lovely. But I love sucking on a bone in my greens, like nice nick bone that just I snatched out the pot. Yes, give it to me.
Speaker 1: So now I'm gonna tell y'all, Tammy do make a gun mac and cheese, because she actually gave me the recipe one year and I have and making it that way, but I've tweaked it myself, right, so I do, like do like the root last year for.
Speaker 2: Don't give my macaroni and cheeser.
Speaker 1: I don't give people recipes unless we swapping one out, and you got to be your actual cook for me to do that with.
Speaker 2: Like I know, I remember we were swapping and I never got my red rice recipe.
Speaker 1: You sure it wasn't seafood the seafood salad.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to be red rice.
Speaker 1: And that's because I actually I actually made you a pan of red rice. I remember doing that.
Speaker 2: You did, but you was also supposed to give me the recipe.
Speaker 1: Let me go through my text messages. I feel like I sent you that ship because we swapped it out with the mac and cheese, but you ain't have time to make the red rice, so I made it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, if you see it, put an explanation mark on it so I can make it again because I want it. Are you gonna to share the red rice recipe with the world?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't make that shit no more because I don't eat the meat, So yeah, so share that so I could just listen to this, and I haven't written down neither. So this is some real live nigga shit eyeball shit in the kitchen and if I can even remember it completely right.
Speaker 2: But don't put don't all right while you share this recipe. That's why I went and wrote down my shit, because don't say smidgeon. Don't say a little or nothing a little bit. Don't say a little bit of this and a smidgeon of that, because nobody can find that on the misery cold.
Speaker 1: Let me try, all right. And I know a lot of women don't even know how to cook white rice, but let me tell y'all the easiest way to cook rice in the oven. Even if you accidentally put too much water, it'll always still cook evenly most of the time. So if you are like insecure about your rice cooking skills tried in the oven, a covered aluminum pan, or even like the glass dish. So this is what I do with the red rice. So this is a Charleston staple. We are some real life rice eaters around here. Okay, this this is where all the rice plantations would have been at during slavery.
Speaker 2: South Carolina period. I remember my my friend her family made a pot of rice to go side everything. Yeah, sorry, we have order a piecea There'll still be a pot of rice.
Speaker 1: Why is that rice on the side and your thumb up while you eating it? You know, I guess that people eating with their hand on the side of the plate with their thumb up.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So I like to use Uncle Ben's parboiled rice so you can get They do sell like the one box of it, which is two cups of rice. And this is how people also mess up just cooking white rice. It's your measurement, right, So it's one part rice to two cups of water. So if you got two cups of water, I mean two cups of rice, you're gonna be using four cups of water. So with the red rice, though, one of those cups of water. It's gonna be you wanna mix sure tomato paste in it. So let me give you all a quick ingredients right quick. So the here's what you wanna get. And this is for the meat eaters, cause I don't think red rice tastes good without like that greasy fat. Okay, So you wanna get some bacon m I d used to use, like the beef sausage. I wasn't using pork sausage. But here and Charleston, somebody Grandma house. They gonna have them Roger Woods up in there. Okay, but you can get you some Hellshire Farm beef sausage and a pack of bacon. Okay, you want your Alcoa Bens par boil rice. It has to be par boiled, okay for this recipe. Uh, what's the dam not Campbell's hunts So hunts Or. I can't even remember this other brand of tomato paste, but they have now they have like the Italian seasoned one. It's like a Regano garlic. It's like an Italian it says it on a can of Italian season tomato paste. So use the one one one can of tomato paste. And this is also important. Okay, the measurement of the of the tomato paste, salt pepper. You want to get some green peppers. I like to use the tricolor peppers. Y'all get a bag of the sweet peppers. I use those. So some people like the big ass bell peppers, but I like the small sweet peppers. I'll get a bag of the sweet peppers. Sweet onion. I know people like more of the hearty savory taste. I like sweet shit, so I like yellow vdelia onions, So I'll get just get one big onion. You I'm gonna use the whole thing. What else is up in there? Bell pepper, onion meats. That's it for the most part. Okay, So now you're gonna mix your four cups, so you're gonna wash your rice. Let me start there. Wash your rice, Okay, just don't put it in the wash. Some of that start you off of it. Yeah, and just whatever what else it might be mental with black people while we wash everything. I seen somebody washing ground beef, and I don't I don't know what planet that makes sense on, but I saw it.
Speaker 2: But no, let me interject. We had a cookout from my grandma's eightieth birthday, and like, like different dishes were delegated to different family members because we were feeding so many people. And one of our cousins and I ain't gonna say which cousin cause she might listen to the show. Who get mad? I call her out? She can't. She live in Florida, so she uh drove up for the party, and she was in charge of the greens. So I was wondering where she was gonna make the greens at, you know. So she ended up cooking it at my grandma house the morning of the party, right, so I'm like, okay, cool, we made her place. They were seasoned to perfection. They were so good, and everybody was like, ooh, these greens are so good. She was like, yeah, I had to make so much. She was like, I had to wash all them greens at the tub at the hotel last night. Baby, I bout threw up on the ground.
Speaker 1: So people in the bathtub at the hotel.
Speaker 2: First of all, washing in the bathtub where you wash your body is out of line. I don't think you should do that. Then you should find a way to get them in the sink. Do as much as you can in the kitchen, sink where food, body parts and food don't go in the same sink to me, But okay, but but hotel's bathtub is next level. Baby. Everybody was like.
Speaker 1: Her ethnicity.
Speaker 2: I was so st could not believe. She said, yeah, I had to. It was so many greens. I had to just watch them in the hotel tub.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a myth. So apparently some black people do wash collar greens in the bathtub.
Speaker 2: That is wild. That's wild to me. But maybe she put like a liner down or something. I still was just like.
Speaker 1: Or maybe she was just renting them off in there, not really like putting them in the bathtub.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. All I heard was tubb and I through the whole.
Speaker 1: Plate and you already hat it now and it was good.
Speaker 2: All it was all over good.
Speaker 1: Nana shillings off random people's bodies up.
Speaker 2: Ballsack juice and my colle greens from some random ball sack is next level.
Speaker 1: Yes, go ahead, sorry, So now okay, wash the rice, Okay, put it to the side in a large pot, deep pot. You want to get your again. We're doing this is for two cups of rice. If you're just doing a small which two cups of rice is actually a lot that could feed like a good sized family of people, unless you got people like Tammy who want like five servants. Okay, so two cups of rice. So you're gonna take three cups of water, pour it into your pot. Then that last cup of water, you're gonna take your tomato paste, put that in your measuring cup, and then fill it with water. Because tomatoes produce a lot of moisture, produces a lot of water already. So this is where you don't want to accidentally put too much water, right, You don't want to do the four cups plus the tomato paste. You know it's gonna be then too much water. So do to three cups first, and then put your tomato paste in your measuring cup and then add water to top that one off to the one cup total. Pour that in there. Do all your seasonings and another pot. And I might be mixing this up a little bit, Okay, sorry, because I ain't write nothing down. This is how we do it. So in another pot, you want to take your your bacon and sausage. I put them all in the pot at the same time, like it's all going in the same stomach, same fork. So you start with the bacon because that's going to produce your grease for your sausage. Right, sautee all that up. You're you're gonna cut up your onions and your peppers. You want to put that also inside. You're in the pot which your your meats and sage, big all at all salted up, all good. And then how do I usually do it? Just you want to keep that kind of separate because you want to keep that grease, right, That grease from this meat is very important, right, It's really if you want to get all the diabetes you can stand that grease is important. So now in your other pot, you have your your rice, your tomato paste, and you want to season it up. I do add a little sugar because that's going to cut the bitterness of the tomato pace. Yeah, so season it up. You can eat like a towel. Seasoning. You could just use just salt and pepper, but I do beast it up a little bit, so Italian season a little bit of onion powder, a little bit of garlic powder, and your salt and pepper. Okay, season up with that. Then you're gonna take your rice, put your rice in there. Once that comes to a boiled then you add your rice. Right, so you are going to start on the stove with this particular recipe, and that's just to soften the rice a little bit. Once you do that, you then add your meats into your pot of rice and your liquids. You then't gonna transfer that into an aluminum pan.
Speaker 2: Right, So at this point, you've cooked all the water out.
Speaker 1: Of it, for the most part, not all of it. You want it still a little bit. You want you want some of that water to still be in this You're not cooking it down completely, So I would say on the stove, cook it. Cook it in the pot for maybe fifteen minutes max. Twenty minutes max. All right, and then you transfer all of your stuff that's in the pot to an aluminum pan or a glass pan, and then you pour your excess grease. Wait wait, wait, wait, let me back up. That's not that's not.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You cover your aluminum pan right to seal it all in, and you cook it for about forty five minutes in the oven. Take it out the oven, and this is where you pour your grease all on top of it, stir it up, cover it back up. Because rice cooks a little bit different than the oven. You don't want the top to end up being rice cake.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, And it's done basically.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, ain't here where you add the meat.
Speaker 1: All the meat was in the pot with the saute vegetables.
Speaker 2: Remember, oh, okay, souk, the rice is all in. The meat is already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the meat is already, but you want to save that excess grease though, So if you want to pour the grease out to the side and then pull your meat and stuff inside the pot, but you want to keep that grease off to the side because that is like the last piece. So you don't have like super dry ass rice either, So that kind of like gives it that sticky But I like, I like my rice to bunks off the plate. I don't like rice pudding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's what happens sometimes. I've had red rice where it's just mush.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, And that's how people be adding too much water, like the measurement I was saying about the tomato paste versus how much water you're already putting in there. That's where yeah, people especially just cooking it straight on the stove too. If you don't have that water measured properly. You're gonna have paste, You're gonna have like mush.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So cooking rice in the oven it evens even if you accidentally use too much water. It's still gonna cook evenly in the oven because you just cook it a little bit longer and you're not gonna burn your rice up.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you a way to get a scorched flavor off your rice.
Speaker 1: Bread.
Speaker 2: Put a piece of bread in there. If y'all don't know a lot of people don't know that, put a piece of bread in there and it will absorb that. That's a South Carolina I wonder if y'all know that in other places, or if we just know that in the South cat.
Speaker 1: I think that's some South Carolina shit. I be realizing a lot of shit just be it be low country shit, it be South Carolina stuff that people don't even be doing or saying.
Speaker 2: I remember one time I went to U d C. Because one of my friends, this is in college, she was from DC. And I went to like I was cool with a bunch of DC chicks and I went to like all of their houses. While I was in DC, I spent the night with one and the other than the other and one of them. Grandma was so happy to have me there because she was from the South, but she had moved to DC when she was young and hadn't been back to the South. And she was like, yeah, my my Carolina girl, and she wanted to make me some food. And she was so excited to cook for me, and that food was nice. She had got her roots.
Speaker 1: Whatever you do, make sure y'all leave the stress out the cooking. Don't be adding no extra stress to the food. Okay, I think that's how a lot of people be stressed out while they cooking, and the food taste stressful. Why you'll call it greens taste like stress.
Speaker 2: Like unhappiness, like you didn't want to make it. That's what happens to my pop pie.
Speaker 1: You had a little extra stress in there. Yeah, you gotta be happy to cook. Like cooking really makes me happy, but I don't like it to be I don't make me feel like I gotta cook though. I feel a way about that. I told you about that shit last week. I don't gotta do a motherfucking thing. I'm a guest. I don't always want to have to cook, though, because it is time consuming. I hate the clean up after cooking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the part I don't like, is to clean up. I love trying a new recipe. I got so many recipes save that I ain't never made. But it's I like cooking for other people. Like when it comes to just like making it for myself, I'll be like, this is a lot to do for just me, so I end up just ordering food. But what cooking for I like cooking for other people. I like looking at people's face and being like you.
Speaker 1: Like that, Now you gotta tell me, like immediately, I need to know exactly how it tastes right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes me happy.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to cook small portions. That's why I really like eat a bunch of eleshit during it throughout the week, because I don't know how to cook small portions and stuff Like I wish I knew how, but I end up making all of this food and I'm eating the shit for a whole week.
Speaker 2: I wish they need to come out. Somebody needs to come out with a grocery store line called single and it should be like half of everything, half loaf of bread, half carton and eggs has a.
Speaker 1: Good idea, Yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Because it's more people single than it is together, and we need half portra sizes.
Speaker 1: God damnit wasting food man. By the time I finished, I got so much frozen bread in my freezing because I just like take half of it and then I put the other half the freezer because I know I'm not gonna eat all of it. And it's not that I don't have a second person to eat the shit. We just really are diets, not really aligne like that. Like he like hardy ass beans nigga food, I don't really eat like that no more. So you have to get that outside the house. Like I did cook that nigga's steak for his birthday, but I don't like touching meat. Typically, I don't like touching it. Let me tell y'all what he did yesterday. So yesterday morning, he wakes up and goes to the grocery store and comes back with some nice, beautiful flowers. Is he get me flowers every week? Okay, I really appreciate my new flowers every week. But he came back with four cans of salmon with all his vegetables and all that shit. He was like, you're about to make me some salmon patties. I'm like, no, I'm not making I'm about to go to the gym, and I got other shit to do. I'm not about to cook. Like it's time consuming to make salmon patties.
Speaker 2: Right, salmon patties don't take that lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like it. So now later on in the afternoon, early afternoon, I'm looking he left the house. I'm looking for the cans. I'm like, what the what the hell are the where's the Kansas salmon? I facetimed this nigga. He turned the camera around. He got his homeboy who he was in prison with the setup, cooking the setup. I said, no, I said, I knew when I I knew he had taken that them salmon somewhere to be cooked.
Speaker 2: He said, don't worry about somebody else break knowing, nigga, that will at least he ain't take it to a bitch house.
Speaker 1: That's exactly why I facetimed that, nigga, Like, where you at with the salmon? Wish you might be at a bitch house getting fat? You better stay there. All your ship gonna be outside when you come back.
Speaker 2: But having salmon, and.
Speaker 1: Now mind you, I still I had two other Kansas salmon in here, so I went ahead and made some salmon patties yesterday. We in the bed l last night. He like, you you got all the salmon patties you wanted out the bunch you made. I'm like, didn't you have something at your homeboy house? Y'all have four cans? He was like, well, his donna taste like yours. Yeah, that's why you should have fucking waited, And like, why I get I don't get no salmon patties, your big greedy ass. You have four cans over there, and two cans were at the salmon patties over here.
Speaker 2: I'm a man, you know, girl thing?
Speaker 1: Why does Nigga sent me a picture last week from work? One of these the guys who worked with him, was arguing with his wife that morning and she packed his lunch. The lunch was too slices of bread with a fucking whole crab in the middle, a blue crab in the middle with.
Speaker 2: The shell and all shit. I don't want to see. She was mad.
Speaker 1: She's dad asked wrong for that? Like that, Nigga. He took a bite out of it too. It was a little crab in the middle, don't fight her. Cut your mouth up.
Speaker 2: Do you have a contail that you want to share?
Speaker 1: Yes, I do have a drink and this could be made with alcohol or you could do it like a little mocktail, because like I said, I ain't drinking no more. Man that should be having me feeling fucked up. Okay, so this is afore. This is for a la paloma. Okay. So you need two ounces of fresh grapefruit juice simple syrup. So if you you know, don't have like, you don't have to buy simple syrup. You could use sugar and water. That's essentially what simple syrup is. But they do sell bottles of simple syrup fresh lime juice, so that's an el excuse me. A half an ounce of simple syrup, three fourth cups of fresh lime juice, splash of club soda, and a little grapefruit red wedge for garnish. And I would like to add a little ginger to this, Okay. I like to spice things up, and ginger is good for like, you know, cleansing eyes, fresh ginger or fresh ginger. So yeah, you can either I use my bullet. Usually I just put the whole ginger root in there, add a little bit of water lit it blend up, and then I strain it. Yeah, and then you could just do a little splash of ginger and these ingredients, so your directions, you know, to make it come all together. And then you can add tequila if you want to. Okay, you can add like a little ounce ounce and a half of tequila if you want to, but I would like mine without liquor, please. So you add all the ingredients together, including the club soda, shake it vigorously for about twenty seconds. So this is a shaken not stirred type of drink with club soda. Yeah, hmm, it's going to fizzle up. I guess you ain't shaking it for twenty seconds and pour it into a glass. I like to use sugar on my rim, not salt, so do like a little sugar rim. And no, I'm tripping so no, it actually says, and I've made this before, it actually says you don't put the club soda in with the shaking part, okay, excluding the club soda. Sorry bartender. You know, yeah, as soon as I heard clothes, I was like, I was crazy. Then you top it off with the splash of the club soda. Okay, put your little grapefruit regi on their and that is your la paloma.
Speaker 2: That sounds delicious. So my drink I have is pretty easy to make. It's called a Texas point setter, and point ceta is one of my favorite plants at the holiday time. My grandmother would have them all over the house when I was a kid. So every time every year for Christmas, I pull in my eye, have fake ones because the real ones don't live at my house. But so I have fake ones and I pull them all over because it just makes me think of my grandmother during the holidays and I miss her so much. But the Texas point set up is literally prosecco cranberry juice. So a point set of is prosecco and cranberry juice. Very nice, It's good to have if you don't like, like, what is it not mohedos? What do you have champagne and orange juice? What's all? God?
Speaker 1: Well, when one person can remember some shit, everybody mimosa. Yeah, if you.
Speaker 2: Don't like a mimosa, I don't have the citrus and the orange juice be fucking my gut up. So I don't really like a whole bunch of orange juice. So if I have a momosa, it's just like I just coked the cup and a little orange and then poor champagne. If you don't like that. Prosecco cranberry juice in the Texas part, shout out to my Texas girlies. You put a shot of Tito's in it, and baby, those will fuck you up. I'm telling you, be fucked up on the holidays a Texas point set of So that's really easy to make. Cranberry juice, prosecco and a shot of vodka Teitos Tito specifically, just because it's a low carb and get you fucked up. And then I have another drink that's for the family. And this is like a big punch. This is a holiday punch and it's really easy. It's a bunch of stuff in it though. It's one fourth cup of lemon, one fourth cup of lime juice, one cup of orange juice, one cup of pineapple juice, one kappa apple cider, one cup of sparkling water, one cup of spice rum, three fourth cup of triple sec and a half cup of armaretto. And you can throw some cranberries in it to garnish. That's optional. And it's a holiday I can't remember what it's called, but it's a holiday punch. It's a big one that everybody can drink.
Speaker 1: Keep the kids away from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't let the kids drink unless you try and let them go to sleep.
Speaker 1: I remember when my oldest niece was younger man, she got a hold of the Jellow shots. Were trying to figure out why is this bitch not sleeping and why is she like becoming a comedian this late at night. She was in there eating the jellow shots because she was like a chunky little girl, like her body could take it. She was not laying down. She was drunk with the rest of us. Like we coulda went to jail about that shit. Okay.
Speaker 2: I remember I left my niece, she was probably like fifteen at the time, and I let her have like a little sip of mike. It was like a Cosmopolitan, which is strong, and I just let her taste it, and which is illegal. I shouldn't have done that, and I'm sorry. I mean, you know, black people we do.
Speaker 1: That sometimes legal in America. You could drink other places.
Speaker 2: Shit. Yeah, I just let her taste it. So then we were in Chicago at a family dinner and the whole family was at the table and she was like, can I have some of your drink? And I was like, no, you can't have any She's like, you let me have some that night. When you that night, I'm like, why are you? Oh? You was the ap but you I was like, so I took her to this side. I was like, why would you do that in front of everybody? Embarrassed me like that, I'm sorry, but you did let me have it. I bet you.
Speaker 1: Y'all won't give you shcause you don't know how to keep your mouth shut the hell anyway, cook, y'all niggas something for Thanksgiving? Have a plate. Don't just go to people houses ready to eat these. We gave y'all two great recipes for some shit y'all can take to a family gathering, Like, don't just show up this year with nothing in hand, or just with a damn foam plate, bottle of don Julio, got your to gold plate. You can within it to gold plate to gold tree.
Speaker 2: And if you make it, y'all send us a DM and tell us how it came out. We want to send us a picture of your yams or your red rice we want to see it, or your cocktails we want to see I'm excited.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all. So if you enjoyed us this week and our recipes, y'all tune in every Thursday on the Black Effect, iHeartRadio, Apple with but a fuck. You get your recipes at This is your co host AJ Holiday two point zero On Instagrams, y'all, make sure y'all like, click and subscribe everywhere. Y'all find us at hit its hand y'all.
Speaker 2: I love y'all. Once again, Thank y'all for tuning in. It's official Tanbama on Instagram. Remember speak now and never hold on recipes.
Speaker 1: I'm not telling everybody all my shit now.
Speaker 2: Never hold your recipe. If it's good, I want it.
Speaker 1: Don't die with it, period. Four more podcasts from iHeartRadio visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows