Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you along with Mark Anthony.
Speaker 3: Our psychic lawyer, Mark. Is there a divide between our world and the other side?
Speaker 4: There is in a lot of people, George, they say that this time of the year the veil is closer, and that would assume that not just the universe, but the multiverses and the various dimensions within each universe are somehow dependent on a Northern European agricultural festival from the Dark Ages. I think it's just because when people are more aware or they're looking for something, they're going to be more likely to see it. The truth is, George, there is always connection between our world and the other side. And as I explained in my books, particularly the afterlife frequency that think of our world as AM radio and the other side the afterlife is FM radio. So you have two energetic systems, you know, involving not only energy but frequency, and there are times when the vibrational frequency between these two different dimensions will overlap. And that's what spirit communication is. I mean, that's a very simplistic way of describing spirit communication. But in my work, and we've discussed this number of times on coast to coast, you and I have, and on beyond. Belief is that all of this is based on quantum physics. And obviously people centuries ago didn't understand. They didn't have quantum physics, they didn't have an understanding of frequency and radio waves and the different forms of energy in the electromagnetic spectrum. But they did understand when they were making contact with spirits from you know, of their loved ones and of the sea these people. So yes, there is a divide, But the thing is it's here all the time, and we're all capable of communicating or sensing the presence of spirits, just you know, to varying degrees.
Speaker 3: Is it easy or difficult for you to contact the other side.
Speaker 4: It's been part of my DNA, if you will. I mean, from pretty much from from the time I can remember, I've sensed the presence of spirits. I don't look at it as negative or evil. I approach it as a sacrament and with reverence. I always pray before spirit communication sessions. I asked God to send forth spirits for the highest of purposes, to bring messages of love, healing, and resolution for the recipients. So for me, it's it's just part of who I am.
Speaker 2: I had a guest on last night. I talked about demons and I wanted to ask you, have you ever witnessed an exorcism?
Speaker 4: I have. I was in the Amazon on I was part of a photographic expedition and we're in the Urubamba River, which is a tributary of the Amazon in the Peruvian part of the Amazon. And there was about maybe thirteen passengers and about a dozen crew on this clinkity old It was kind of like it was kind of like a big version of the African Queen. It was this clankity old research vessel and we're in the middle of literally nowhere. No all the villages that we visited, there was no electricity, no running water. It was as you know, there were thatched, you know, thatch roof huts, and all of a sudden, all these canoes came up to the boat and they were speaking Amara, which is the language of the people in that part of Peru. And our interpreter said that the brew Ho which is the witch doctor, was in this village just just up the river, and that he the brew Hoo wanted to invite us because he heard that Talks with Ghosts was on the boat. And everyone starts looking at me, and apparently George gossip in the Amazon spreads like it does everywhere else because a few villages before that, the locals there heard through our interpreter that I was a medium. So when we got to the village and the sun was starting to set, there was about one hundred villagers there, and we walked up to the hut. And I'm expecting a guy like with chicken bones and his nose and feathers.
Speaker 3: And bones in his hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all that.
Speaker 4: Instead is the guy wearing a T shirt and in shorts and he was wearing a baseball cap, which I was, you know, it was cool, but he was he was the brujo, the witch doctor, the shaman, and and he was treated with great respect. And he brought us into this hut and there was a woman laying on the floor looked like her husband next to her her mother. And there was about five or six of us because some of the other folks on the boat they didn't want to go ashore because you know, they heard about an exorcism and the woman was supposedly possessed by demons. And one of the people with me, he was an orthopedic surgeon and he was with his wife, and the person next to me was a botanist. And the orthopedic surgeon was looking at the woman. He goes, she's not possessed by devils. She has a herniated disc and what it is. The people there, they didn't understand. She looked normal, but there was this horrible pain in her back, and because they couldn't explain it, they believed they were demons. So the brujo's going through this ritual and he's pouring all these liquids. He had all these little bottles with these strange liquids and he was pouring them on her back, and then he was slurping them off with his mouth. He was like doing this whole slurping thing, and then he spits this glob into his hand, explaining to us through our interpreter. And it was interesting because he was it was like, you know, if we were at Harvard Medical School watching a doctor with a teaching class. He was explaining step by step what he was doing. He was so proud that, you know, these these foreigners these gringos were here to it to watch. And when he spit his glob out, and I'll never forget the orthopedic surgeons. Why, she goes, she was like totly grass, you know, it's kind of gross. But he was saying that these were the demons. And then he threw the glob into this fire and started chanting, and he was saying that he was casting them into the fire to send them back to the darkness. And then all of a sudden he said something to me, and the interpreter translated it, and and he said, are the demons gone? And everyone's looking at me, you know, and and you know, this hut's around abile by at least one hundred villagers, and they're all straining to listen. I'll never forget the bottles. She's smiling, and she said under her teeth, and I'll keep it g rated. She goes, Mark, don't screw this up. Screw is not the word that she is, because this was about as delicate a situation as it could be. And what I said was, there are no demons here. Then he takes out from this bag that he was carrying, this bundle of looks like a weed and then the botanist goes, oh, no, he's not. It was the Amazonian version of poison ivy, and he starts whipping this woman's back and the welts are actually forming, and he's explaining that this will keep the demons from going away and then she'll feel better in a week, and the surgeon's going, my god, yes she'll feel better in a week, because you couldn't possibly feel worse than she does now. Yeah, yeah, so so. But as far as they were concerned, he was exercising demons from her. And it's easy for us to walk into a situation with our you know, quote unquote modern medical and scientific understanding and past judgment. But in their world, demons are very real things. They are something you don't understand it. They exist because people are afraid, and I think a lot of people that are constantly, you know, trying to see and locate demons. We have to realize that when dealing with spirits, there are a lot of non human spiritual intelligence. I refer to a lot of them as elementals. I'm going to be in an upcoming episode of a new series on Discovery Channel, Destinations of the Dann with Zach Beggins, and in the episode that I'm in, it takes place in Indiana, and I won't you know, I won't give a spoiler alert, but I believe that elementals, non human spiritual intelligence were very present in that location. And the thing is, George, it's very easy when encountering a spiritual entity that is not human or was not human, to immediately assume that it's negative, and through that fear, the way we fear the unknown, we interpret it as being somehow demonic or evil. And that's why in the approach that I take to paranormal investigations and supernatural phenomenon is that we have to apply the scientific method of objective observation and avoid jumping to conclusions, collect the data, analyze it, observe it, and then in the aftermath of the investigation, then we can start to hypothesize and come up with theories as opposed to, oh, i'm feeling a spirit I don't understand it, it must be a demon. So that I think is where a lot of my colleagues, and most the colleagues that I work with, don't do things like that, but I think the less experienced ones tend to want to demonize everything if you will.
Speaker 2: Sometimes as ago when you were on the program Mark, we talked about curses of King UT's tomb.
Speaker 3: Anything new there.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, Perhaps the greatest pharaoh, or at least he thought so, of all time was Ramses the Second And anyone that seen the movie The Ten Commandments, No, Yule Brenner was born to play the role of Ramses, and Ramsey's the Great ruled for roughly seventy years. He ruled about on twelve fifty BC. Well, long story short, He and other kings in the eighteenth and nineteenth dynasty, like King Tut, were buried in the Valley of the Kings, But those ancient tombs were plundered by grave robbers back in those days. So like, within about two hundred years of Ramses being buried, his tomb and several others were plundered, and the ancient Egyptian priests found the desecrated tombs and the desecrated mummies, and they rewrapped them and they hid them in a cave in a location near Dir l Bahrai. And in eighteen seventy this cave was discovered and within it were over fifty mummies, including some of Egypt's most powerful pharaohs, Yeah, including Ramseys the second and what it was. They were placed in wooden coffins, and you know, very ornate and certainly not like the golden coffin of King tud because all those had been you know, ransacked and destroyed and melted down centuries before. Well, the mummies were loaded on ships and brought up the Nile River north to Cairo. Thousands of people George lined the banks of the Nile River to pay homage to Egypt's greatest kings. I mean that must have just been a site to behold. Well. About thirty years later, in nineteen oh two, a group of Egyptologists were examining the mummy of Ramsey's the Great. I mean we're talking Ramsy's the Great. I mean, he built temples everywhere, ruled for seventy years. He was in his nineties when he died, you know, and he was thought of as God and a God incarnate on earth. And so he was placed in this glass case and suddenly, in front of dozens of people, the mummy raised one of its hands and it slapped the glass cover of the case. Everybody was horrified. Some of the people ran for the doors, thinking we've evoked a curse.
Speaker 3: How does that happen?
Speaker 4: Well, as it turned out, the Pharaoh's mummy was not in a controlled environment, and the sudden change in temperature caused the tendons of the arm to contract spontaneously, so his arm lurched. And and can you imagine, though, You're sitting there looking at this, and you know there's there's circulating rumors that there's a curse, and all of a sudden, the mummy moves its arm and slaps the case. And to this day, the hand that raised has not contracted fully. It's still raises, you know, still just a little bit above above his body. So if but the thing is, Ramses was considered the living incarnation of a god, and if any mummy could come back to life, I'm pretty sure it would have been Ramsey's.
Speaker 3: The second what does that tell you about the other side? Mark?
Speaker 4: It tells us that we the Egyptians focused on preservation of the body. And you know, because I've always wondered, you know, they wrap up these bodies, they put them in these coffins, not just one, but three, then in a sarcophagus and buried them underground. Did they expect these bodies to resurrect, and actually what they expected was a spiritual resurrection. And the Egyptian believe that the preservation of the body had a direct relationship to the preservation of the soul. Now that was their belief, and other religions believe that. But whereas like the Romans, and to an extent, the Greeks, used to burn the bodies of their heroes, which the Egyptians were mortified by. But the truth is that our soul is not created by the brain or by the body. It pre exists. The body comes into the body, moves on after the body dies, and so we have all these different rituals to honor that, and I think that's really a good thing. George.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more