Speaker 1: Second date, up date. Just doing this segment, we hear from couples who meet in all sorts of strange new ways. Yeah, for sure, but this one is going to be particularly terrifying for one person in this room.
Speaker 2: Always thinks he's the one that's going to be scared.
Speaker 1: Jose's fears are right today because, apparently, according to this email, they met while doing one of Jose's absolute worst fears, physical exercise.
Speaker 2: They're gonna say, like a roller coaster, Jose.
Speaker 1: Let's try to keep the whimpers and begging from mommies to a minimum. Here as we talked to a guy named Vaughn about his first date. Vaughn, Welcome to Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: How you doing doing good? How about you doing good?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean what is this? You met a girl of the gym? Is that what he's getting.
Speaker 4: To No, I participate in a run club. I don't know if you've ever done one of legs before?
Speaker 2: Wow club? Should I be concerned?
Speaker 1: Is the worst club I could think of?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because would be like video game club where you sit and don't move.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's actually though, is this like a like an exercising club or a dating type of club.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a mix of both. It's like, if you're single, you wear black or something dark. Okay, if you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, you wear a color.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brooke, what does your husband wear to his run club?
Speaker 2: Well, he's going to be wearing an orange reflective vesta after this report, just wears a bunch of apples.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what that means. Okay.
Speaker 2: How many people are in this club?
Speaker 4: There had been at least one hundred people. There's a bar.
Speaker 1: This is like a okay, cool.
Speaker 4: It's a crazy thing because there's a lot of hot chicks. There had been at least like.
Speaker 1: And there's actually like the people who exercise can be good looking at they was still not going to join a run player. How did it go?
Speaker 4: Well? Pretty good? That's how I met a test test? Okay, Okay, Yeah, she had really nice cas.
Speaker 2: She's like i'd like to think stairs, That's what I'd like to think.
Speaker 1: Well, the fact that you didn't get maced, right there is a win in my book.
Speaker 2: So, oh my god, I think it's such a good couple of it.
Speaker 1: You were able to like get to no tests a little bit there.
Speaker 4: I did and I got to see a good deal. I got her number.
Speaker 1: So you also have a different definition of sealing the deal with a girl. So a lot of differences here, but good. I'm glad you got her phone number. Just the first deal, Yeah, one of many deals.
Speaker 2: I think you were you able to turn it into a date.
Speaker 4: Yeah. We met up a few days later at a bar and I had a great time.
Speaker 1: You did, Okay, tell us about it, yeah, give us the highlights.
Speaker 4: All right. So I'm been watching my dilately. So I compiled this note card card. I thought her, this is how many calories that.
Speaker 3: We burned on our run, and now we had to gain it back on the menu.
Speaker 1: Smart.
Speaker 2: No, no, don't talk about calories ever with a woman.
Speaker 1: I don't think that. I think he's just trying to be like fun and creative and playful with not being like we need to count calories together.
Speaker 2: That's how it comes off. Though it doesn't matter what his intention was.
Speaker 1: He's using a note card, like, don't you.
Speaker 2: Have like an.
Speaker 1: How did test react to the note card move?
Speaker 4: She loved it?
Speaker 1: But uh, whoa in your face?
Speaker 2: She's not calling you back.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that counts as a whe So you guys ordered a bunch of food together, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then she guiltily aided.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened next.
Speaker 4: Well, we just kind of hung out and grabbed some drinks and had a good time. And the place that we were at had some really cool tall shelves.
Speaker 2: Tall shelves like that you would put books on or something. What do you mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it looked like he put books on it, but they had a bunch of mugs.
Speaker 1: On it, mugs, a bunch of stins or something like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it kind of like steins. And so these drunk dudes are by there there. I don't know why they were standing by there, but.
Speaker 3: They're kind of hanging out and stumbling around there, and they actually bumped one of the shelves that was holding this really expensive looking one. It was about to come down, and I saw that testas right underneath it, and I made a.
Speaker 4: Quick movement just pulled her out of the way. She got a little upset, but then crashed right behind her. The mug.
Speaker 1: Wow, saved her life. That's the universe, dude. You were put in a situation to protect her and you did, bros. A good job. Was she grateful or was she upset by that?
Speaker 4: Oh? After she saw a crash behind her, then she realized, Yeah, that would have been her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's kind of wild. You must be thinking I'm getting a kiss for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, dude, you nailed it. It was like one of those kiss moments.
Speaker 3: It was, and she gave me one right on the cheek.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a hero kiss.
Speaker 2: Just make out and it's her state. Yeah cute. I mean it means that she's like somewhat attracted to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know that's the kiss that my mom gave me when I graduated fifth grade. Romantically, I don't want to look too much into it, but so, how long has it been since your bar date happened?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, that was like two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've had a couple of run clubs in there too, and you haven't seen her or heard from her at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I went to one and I didn't see her at the last one. Yeah. I gave her a couple of messages. She hasn't replied back.
Speaker 2: I was kind of did you see under another nutrients table?
Speaker 1: Is it possible that she didn't want to burn off all those calories? That you gained together that night. Yeah, she wanted to hold onto them as a memory of your guys's time together. Sorry, no more physical activity. Hold these cows in.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be my new I remembers.
Speaker 1: Let's come back. We're gonna give Tessa call for you and try and get you your second date update right after this second date update. It is rare on a first date where you get an opportunity to look like a real superhero. But our listener Vaughn swooped in to save the day when a falling beer monk was careening straight towards the head of his dates and before it struck her, Von reached out with his powerful arms and pulls her to safety as the mugs shattered in the exact spot where she was standing. Wow, I mean that should automatically earn him five more dates. Five that's a that's the superhero fee. That's why Superman always has dates. Yes, that's why he saves Lois Lane.
Speaker 2: Constantly jo he's expecting something to return this whole time. Yeah, he's working for free typical, but he's exhausting.
Speaker 1: It's true, but Vaughan hasn't even been able to score one more date with tests, which is why he's reached out to us for help. But Von, how did it feel to know that you had your Superman moments?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I felt like the man of the restaurant.
Speaker 1: I was that guy.
Speaker 2: Did people applaud you? Were they asking for your autograph and shaking your hand as he walked out of the bar?
Speaker 4: No, you'd be surprised, but there weren't many people watching.
Speaker 6: Focused on the drunk guys.
Speaker 1: Next, you just have to work on your laser eye vision and you're gonna be set, dude. So let's call tests for you right here and try and get you your second date up date. You ready? Yeah, I'm down it right now.
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey is this test?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry test to bother you?
Speaker 5: Who is this?
Speaker 1: We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're really really excited to talk to you about a date that you went on not too long ago. It's with a guy named Vaughan that you met at run club.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I can't tell that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty neutral. But here's the cool thing you got. We know that you got to spend some one on one time with him at a fun bar that had cool shelves in it we've heard.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, yeah, it was a it was fine. Yeah yeah, well laughing still, is it a nervous Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you heard this segment before where we call people or no?
Speaker 5: Actually, but uh yeah, we went to.
Speaker 1: This bar and yeah we we know. We heard the story from Vaughn. We talked to him about it because he had a great time and he's been wanting to see you again and the reason he reached out to us is to try and figure out if there's a reason why you haven't met up again.
Speaker 5: Oh great, okay, well if you heard the story then you probably do.
Speaker 4: You know the part where like.
Speaker 5: The mug fell off the shelf.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah that was Like that was a pretty cool moment for him.
Speaker 2: I mean, not for you because you almost got hit by a mug, but pretty amazing that he saved you from it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: I thought it was so weird.
Speaker 4: It was just so extra.
Speaker 5: There was no need to do that.
Speaker 4: He like what.
Speaker 5: It was just like the whole place was covered in mugs, like on the shelves. He swooped in like in this weird split second to like save me from this mug, and like I was like, ew, like why.
Speaker 1: Wait, he stopping it from hitting you on the head.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I feel like I would have seen it like before it did, Like he didn't need to go out of his way to be the savior you are.
Speaker 2: But I thought he said, you didn't see it till after it crashed right where you had been sitting.
Speaker 5: I mean, it wasn't like that high up. It wouldn't have like killed me or anything. It was just it was so extra and we had just gone out. I was we were there like max an hour at that point, Like we hadn't spent any time together alone before that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if.
Speaker 2: He needs heroes before they step in. You know, listen, Batman, I don't know you yet. You can tell me a little bit about your life.
Speaker 6: I've had a friend stop talking to guys who are like I'm gonna stand on this side of the road, like when we're on a walk because it's safer for you there, like and then turn off by.
Speaker 2: That, like why is it awesome?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you you were saying you would have preferred that he stood back and just let you figure out if a mug was about to hit you or not and deal with it on your own.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just seems like he was just like obsessed with me. So I just have this like major after that point.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean he's on a date with you, so he is probably paying attention. I'm obsessive major.
Speaker 4: Find it so funny.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to get the feeling that he's like obsessed with you, always watching and trying to protect.
Speaker 3: You or anything.
Speaker 1: At a certain point, I have to let you know that he is actually listening in on the conversation. I'm not in like a weird way. He just wanted to hear the reasoning.
Speaker 2: Unless he was smart enough to hang up already.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't care.
Speaker 1: Bro, hang up right now? Are you there?
Speaker 5: Von?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm there? OK.
Speaker 2: Yeah did you just say, oh, alexis Yeah? Because of how it's going to go, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's let him talk and maybe they can work something out. Go ahead, you.
Speaker 4: Two, What am I gonna do?
Speaker 3: Just let a heavy glass bogs fall on your head and potentially give me acussion.
Speaker 5: I need to be very clear about like me as a person. I don't need you to step in for me ever, and you doing that literally like an hour into our date was very weird. I just like I can do things myself. I'm not an idiot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. As a man, I naturally have to be in the position to save people. And whether if you're a stranger or somebody i've met for an hour.
Speaker 1: That okay. So if you two were like walking across the street together and there was a car coming at you, Tess, you want him to step back and just let nature take its course.
Speaker 5: I think that I am not dumb enough to step out of the way of a.
Speaker 2: Moving car, just okay. I think what she's saying is that she doesn't want to be treated like a damsel in distress. Like she wants to be treated like she can handle her own emergencies. Okay, whether it's a car pubbling towards her or a mug falling from her shelf, Let the girl do her.
Speaker 4: So if that scenario plays that a second time, you don't want me to give your heads up, like.
Speaker 1: Hey, look out, is that too aggressive?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 5: That probably would have been less gross than you weeping in gross And like it would depends what your tone was, too, Like if you were telling me like I'm a child that can't fend for myself in the world, yeah, I'd probably be offended, but if you're me in a nice way like, oh, he's up, like I'm a normal kind of human.
Speaker 1: Pardon man, I.
Speaker 6: Think I actually I actually see what she's saying too, because you're in public at a bar yelling. It's I'm just starting to get the ick from him to say.
Speaker 2: When I'm driving with my husband and he acts like I don't see the other cars on the road, and he's like, oh my god, literally I know their tourneys.
Speaker 1: I'm not an idiot.
Speaker 2: That's a good example.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, if anything, Vaughan has definitely learned his lesson to not help you or look after you in any way. Watch out. He can't say watch out. He has to be like, excuse me, but perhaps take a look at your surround.
Speaker 2: You can watch out, just in a cool.
Speaker 1: Tone, Vaughn, you're capable of doing that, right, I'm just really confused. Right now, perfect, that's exactly where she wants to do. So with that said, we would like to offer to send you guys out another date, and we would I don't want to like be too aggressive and offering to pay for it or anything, So we just want to facilitate a meetup of some sort. Test if you're open to that.
Speaker 5: I mean, like I feel like I would. But the fact that you're still really confused is not like I'm not understanding why you're so confused because I just explained to you.
Speaker 4: Why brother, you.
Speaker 1: Mean that's your last option?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have anything else to say to her?
Speaker 4: Listen, tests I'll put it in words that you can understand.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I think anything.
Speaker 2: That he says is condescending, a little condescending.
Speaker 1: What do you want to say?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: Well, regrets, that's something that you're going to say, I did I told you? What did you say?
Speaker 4: New phone? Who did?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: No? Date?
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 4: Better?
Speaker 1: She's going it sounds like Bond just got hit in the head by falling Jeffrey in the morning. Okay, so I know you were kind of joking there, but are you seriously saying a guy should not step in to help a woman who's about to get seriously injured.
Speaker 2: They can step in. I'm just trying to explain why she doesn't want them to. Like sometimes it feels like it wasn't that serious of a situation. It sounds like she gets a little bonk on her head and he like shoved her out of the way, you know, like he made it a big deal, a little much from him.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just want to make sure that that's not the side that you're on. Don't help people in danger, that's the stance that you want to.
Speaker 2: To always help people, I mean not always okay, not always help because you got to read the room.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, read the room. Well, this is good. Maybe you don't have to take those CPR classes at least if you're a guy. Now, this guy just.
Speaker 2: Got shot, sir, do you mind if I call Actually, statistically women get CPR administered to them a lot less than men.
Speaker 1: Well good, yeah, because we don't want to come off too cleaning. We want to let the women give a chance to resuscitate themselves.
Speaker 2: It's literally because guys don't want to touch their chest like it's like crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, but you know what we will do will help you resuscitate your love life if you give us permission to do it first, we'll call that person who's not calling you back. Email the show for help anytime, and go check out our Seconday podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey