Speaker 1: Have we told you lately how much we love you being here?
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah we do, we do.
Speaker 1: It's true. Welcome to your brand new second date. This is the podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we do have a brand new second date coming up. But first we've got to reflect on yesterday's awkward Tuesday phone call. Yeah, the proposal fails and then non athleic Yeah, she didn't want to get married to him, supposedly because he wouldn't give her athletic genetics. Yeah, so what are people saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got one person said I want to put my head in the oven.
Speaker 2: After hearing her excuses.
Speaker 3: Okay, someone else said, knowing a proposals coming soon, and as a fellow listener with my partner, I'm totally stealing the non athletic children as a joke for the future.
Speaker 1: God. Yeah, okay, make sure it's not actually while they're down on a knee, yeah you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then a lot of I would break up with her. He should have dumped her. Why is it such a simp? Hey, Brooke is ninety nine percent right here?
Speaker 1: Oh wait that why are people shut I don't know. I don't either. Yes, we'll see how right I am today. Let's go to it though, Let's get your brand new Second Date update. Go and it starts right.
Speaker 2: Now, Second Date Updated. You can't spell desperation without Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, I can't spell well, but I think that's right.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely correct.
Speaker 2: Pretty much. Desperation is what made our listener email us for help today. I'm not saying he's desperate, but you know what it feels like when you've tried every other option, You've exhausted every good idea, You've reached out to every other reputable company and are getting nothing back. Eventually you say, fine, I'll talk to Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't feel as good to be the last resort when you explain it that way.
Speaker 2: The fact that we are a resort should feel good. We are on the list, even if it's at the very bottom. And that's what made our listener, Absolutely that's what made our listener, Dorman, email the show for help today. Dorman, it's an absolute pleasure to have you. Welcome to the show. Fun name is that's your real name? Dorman?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you guys for having.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, desperate times.
Speaker 2: We are excited to have you on the show. Tell us about the woman that you are trying to get a hold of. What's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Jilanda.
Speaker 1: Okay, where'd you guys meet?
Speaker 4: We met online, And what made her stand out to me was like, obviously I thought she was very attractive and cute, but like just her prompts and stuff, she seemed really intentional and playful at the same time.
Speaker 2: She's sorry, what do you mean by intentional? What does that mean to you?
Speaker 4: To me, that means like somebody who's actually like being honest and transparent. She took the time to fill out her actual profile. It wasn't just like one or two word answers.
Speaker 1: You know, can I ask what your favorite? Thing that she wrote was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, forget like the exact wording of it, but it was like a joke about like Harry Potter and like she had a tattoo of it, and people just thought, like, it's the little Lightning Strike. But people just thought it was about the Flash, the superhero.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, she's got weird tattoos. It's not weird cool old tattoos and old people were the only ones that would associate it with the Flash, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is that.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a new Flash TV show that's airing right now, pretty big. I didn't want to call her out.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 1: You're just going to insult the Flash like a seventies superhero or something.
Speaker 5: I think all the superheroes are coming back play the Flash.
Speaker 2: No, alexis they picked the first ugly guy ever to be the star. Then I don't care anymore about it. So good. So bottom line is you appreciated her and her profiles. So tell us about how you interacted with her, Like what was your date?
Speaker 4: So I was thrilled that she wanted to go out. I picked this spot. It's like really known for their chili. It's supposed to be like world famous.
Speaker 2: Chilly is a great first date food, Like people love chili. I mean my point was that you don't think of chili as a really romantic food that you want to eat and then make out afterwards. So that, yeah, you can be a little but I guess going on an adventure to taste the best chili in town that could be a bonding experience, right, So.
Speaker 4: How did that go? So it was good. I'm going to be like really transparent with you guys, like because I'm asking you for help. So like at the restaurant, I did catch myself rambling, and when I reflect on that, I was like, Okay, that's nervousness and maybe him of insecurity. Like I was just like, this girl is so cool and I haven't had a girlfriend in a while, and she would be an awesome girlfriend. She's smart, she's funny. She was like super self aware of everything.
Speaker 2: See yourself with somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it sounds like you have a lot of self awareness. I mean you maybe have babbled a little bit.
Speaker 4: But it gets worse a little bit. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, how does it get worse?
Speaker 4: Well, I just told her I'm close to my mom, and like I talked to her daily and there's a tradition from years ago where like every Friday before I go to work, I go to my mom's place to see her, and she always like packs my lunch for me.
Speaker 1: Oh she packs your lunch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just kind of like how she used to when I was a kid. You know.
Speaker 5: Okay, well at least you know again self aware, right, bro?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this could be it.
Speaker 1: What was her reaction?
Speaker 4: I mean, in the moment, she was super nice. She was just listening. I kept rambling and then I changed the subject to something else. But I don't know how it landed.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't take that guy home immediately Brook after he came out with that information.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think if you just said every Friday, I go see my mom, awesome, perfect, awesome.
Speaker 2: It was the details that the lunch.
Speaker 6: And the childhood.
Speaker 1: But what if the mom would pack her lunch too?
Speaker 2: Then you get too first. Okay, make all of us lunch, not your mother. If it doesn't work out with Yolanda, hear Alexis is ready to jump on board with you.
Speaker 5: And your.
Speaker 3: I would need to see the menu.
Speaker 4: Him.
Speaker 1: All you need is on Crossable every Friday.
Speaker 2: All right? So your mom might be on the hook here soon. But how did the date with you and Yolanda end?
Speaker 4: Overall? It was good, but I will say it wasn't the longest date because I didn't think the chili thing through. I was like, I gotta hit the restroom.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it dick.
Speaker 1: So you're the one that ended things early and you had to rush home to use the restroom.
Speaker 4: And I'm the one that drove her there, so I was like, you know, I have to keep this all together. Still drive her back home before I get home to myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, sometimes something ends the day and you're not expecting it totally, or speeding at eighty miles per hour home might hit that something's wrong with a bumper sticker on the back of your car that said we just had the best chili in town.
Speaker 5: Look out, there's a little bit of regret.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, I was just in my defense trying to avoid any awkward situations in the car.
Speaker 1: Totally totally. I mean it could happen to anybody.
Speaker 2: So how long has it been since that date happened?
Speaker 4: Eight days now?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean eight days. It could have taken her that long to recover from the chili dinner, so maybe she just needed a little extra time hot chilli.
Speaker 1: I'm really hoping we were done with talking about this part.
Speaker 2: We actually we'll have to see when we call Yolanda and try and get you a second date update, a successful one coming out right after this. Hold on second date update. If you're just joining us, let's recap the highlights from Dorman's first date. A couple big bowls of chili there were a few stories of Dorman's mom making his lunch still to this day.
Speaker 3: Just like Fridays on Fridays and he's.
Speaker 2: Only thirty four years old, followed by a rocket ship car ride back to Yolanda's house because the chili was starting to kick in. It sounds like you put a corner in one of those machines outside of like a store. That's what it felt like to his insides. I'm sure you know.
Speaker 1: What we didn't ask is if he even came to a full stop before she got out of the car.
Speaker 2: Gorman, did you make her tucking roll out the vehicle before you sped home?
Speaker 4: No, but she's the first girl in a long time that has girlfriend potential.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, listen, if she can see past all of this, then she may be the right person for material.
Speaker 2: We're going to do our very best to go to bat for you and make sure you lock down a second date with Yolanda. Are you ready to do this? Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do it, all right?
Speaker 2: Is your mom ready to do this? She's not behind you.
Speaker 1: If she was back on the speaker phone, I swear me this time.
Speaker 2: All right, work with what we've got here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Yolanda?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is a radio show called Brooke and jaf Free in the Morning.
Speaker 1: A great question, rights to the point, I've.
Speaker 2: Heard better questions. But you know what, I'll answer this one.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: This it's a segment that we do. It's called a second date update.
Speaker 7: Okay, and I still don't know where you guys are calling me?
Speaker 2: Okay, So the second date update is where we have a listener who isn't sure why they're not getting a call back for another meetup after they went out with a lovely person.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry, guys, I really feel like you might have the wrong person.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, if you don't have been any dates lightly the fact fact, Yeah, we we got your number from a guy you went out with recently named Dorman. There's probably more than one. It's a pretty common name. I've never heard that name.
Speaker 1: I have so many dormans in my life.
Speaker 2: Does that ring a bell? Dorman?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know who that is.
Speaker 7: Why did you give you my number? I don't that part. I don't get well.
Speaker 2: Because he felt like the two of you had a really nice time going out to the chili restaurant.
Speaker 1: I mean, he honestly had so really lovely compliments he gave about you when we talked to him.
Speaker 4: So that's why you're calling.
Speaker 2: Me, Well, it's because he liked you and he's confused why there hasn't been another meetup.
Speaker 1: Are you upset with him? Because you sound kind of.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, this is so weird.
Speaker 2: Is it just weird question at all?
Speaker 7: It's weird because there's like, I don't even know how many people are on the phone, and you're asking me about details from a date, Like, that's just weird.
Speaker 2: I understand that this suns definitely a lot. It can be really overwhelming. So maybe we can just cut to the chase. We just want to know, is there one main reason, one big red flag for why you're not wanting to see Dormant again. We're not trying to.
Speaker 1: Check you or anything not yet.
Speaker 4: Oh I'll just say this.
Speaker 7: We were at dinner and he brought up a really uncomfortable conversation that like didn't sit well with me.
Speaker 2: Oh man, we kind of know what that is. He did say something new, something involving his mother.
Speaker 7: Maybe no, no, I had nothing to with his mom.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 7: He he wrought the fact that he had him been with a woman romantically in three years he.
Speaker 2: Told you that way physically he hasn't. Okay, how did that come up?
Speaker 7: It didn't, It didn't come up. He just said it to me and he then he followed it up with like looking at me dead in the eye, and he's like, I hope that can change soon.
Speaker 1: Even respond to that, what did you say?
Speaker 2: I mean, No, I didn't say anything. He did say that he was rambling a lot during the day and was just saying every thought that came to his mind. Maybe that was one of them.
Speaker 1: He was really nervous.
Speaker 4: Nervous, But like, why make me nervous too?
Speaker 2: Well, I think he's excited. You check a lot of boxes for him, and it's probably more common than you would think, like a Lexus, that's happened to you multiple times. Right, I would totally date those people.
Speaker 7: I would totally give them another chance.
Speaker 1: You don't have to, Okay, I can see I can see where that would be pretty shocking on a day A different thing to say.
Speaker 4: Okay, so now you know I'm going to go now, well.
Speaker 2: Hold on, it's really important that we know, but it's actually more important that Dorman knows that. And well, I don't have to because he's on the other line listening to this right now and wanting to talk.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, Dorman. Are you there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, buddy, Dorman, say hi to Yolanda. Say something, Hilda, Hi, Okay, apologize, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: We were having chili. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just chili brings up.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: I don't know why you would tell your date that you hadn't had sex in three years.
Speaker 4: It's a lot. The chili was spicy. We were talking about our love life while eating it, and fun fact, I just haven't done it in a while. It had just started rambling and when I get nervous.
Speaker 7: I've never you're in front of a bowl of chili a youth feel like.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 7: A lot of girls are gonna test that on their boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's kind of like that interview show The Hot Ones. People people confess things they don't realize they were going to say because they're just not in control of what's happening.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know why it came out. I'm sorry that it did. But now it's out publicly, so I have to depend. But it came out of done.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter who brought it up, you're the one.
Speaker 4: Who said it on a first date. Like that's so weird. I mean, it's not weird. Making love is natural thing. That's just not happening perfectly, don't I wish that it was, and I was just expressing it.
Speaker 7: You tell me women that makes it even less likely to happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, wait, wait though, I mean listen, you don't.
Speaker 4: Think I know this. My mom says the same thing.
Speaker 7: You tell your mom about your lack of intimacy.
Speaker 4: I'm not the one that brings it up. Okay, she just tells me that like her and dad do it more often.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's not let's not talk anymore.
Speaker 7: I didn't think I could be more turned off at the start.
Speaker 4: Of this call, but congratulations, he didn't.
Speaker 7: Wait now, I don't know if I'm going to have sex for three years.
Speaker 4: I hope you don't. Then you'll know what it feels like.
Speaker 7: Okay, oh my god, I can't with you more than anything.
Speaker 1: You want to go back after a date and tell his mom, Okay.
Speaker 2: This is not going darning. I mean, maybe maybe it's going a little bit better.
Speaker 1: What that his conversation with his mom about his mom's sex lightly.
Speaker 2: Well, it's his mom's fault that she's rubbing that into her son's face. You know what, Dorman, shame on your mom for bragging to you about how much action she's getting from your dad.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's leave the mothers out of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you were the one who brought it up. That was your information.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you brought it up. Okay, not on the radio. That was over an intimate bowl of chili.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was a private bowl of chili.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe it was this and not the other things that.
Speaker 2: We had dormant.
Speaker 7: You need to stop talking because every sentence you say makes it worse.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what, at this point, guys, I'm sorry, I'm getting nervous, getting rambling, upset everything that I need it too. I'm just gonna keep talking. Like fun. Fact even went out getting it three years ago. It wasn't that great, and you know I wasn't even like the fu.
Speaker 2: We don't want details.
Speaker 4: Okay, we've heard enough, but I just think there's a connection here that we should stop talking.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's going to stop talking, and I'm just going to pick it up and offer to send you to on another day, and we would well, we would be Alda would have changed your mind at all if it's not chilly. No, it's possible.
Speaker 1: That Jeff thought that was the issue.
Speaker 2: Seems to be the thing that's bringing up all of these deep seated memories. And though Cob Salad I appreciate it, some people are just too judgmental, you know the issue. That's well said Dorman, and we appreciate you coming on the show and being open with us, far too open for anybody to be comfortable with.
Speaker 5: But you know what a break after this the other room.
Speaker 2: We all wish you a lot of luck getting over your hill that you're trying to climb here.
Speaker 4: King.
Speaker 2: Yeah, free in the morning, brookie've had a few moments to recover after that fiasco. Are you feeling any better about what we just heard?
Speaker 1: Oh my, I honestly think that he's a good person and that he like I don't think he means to.
Speaker 5: Be socially awkward, so open to close it down a little bit, buddy, Yeah, I don't think we've ever had somebody on the show in the middle of a date.
Speaker 2: Admit, I haven't gotten action from a woman in three years, But I'm hoping that's going to change looking at you. At least he didn't say never. I mean that's yeah. Think he's got hope crazy.
Speaker 1: She was like, Oh, I get to be the lucky.
Speaker 2: One because I'm a believer in manifestation, in the trying to put your wants out there into the world. I don't think this is quite the right way to do it.
Speaker 1: That's the world into your date.
Speaker 2: Although who knows, maybe after this Dorman's gonna have twelve women in a single week, almost as many sessions as his mom and dad have. H keep dreaming, Dorman, I'm still looking for someone to text in to go out with him. Yeah, I'm literally looking. Somebody's out there for him, and there's somebody out there for everybody. If you need some help in your dating life, email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts. They're up online at Brook and Jeffrey