Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mallard starts right now in.
Speaker 1: The air everywhere.
Speaker 4: The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mallor and Danny g Radio A Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 1: Although you can listen to this oneever.
Speaker 4: This is more of an evergreen pod than what we normally do on the Fifth Hour. But it is the summer of twenty twenty five. We're in July, and come one, come all, gather around the magic pod box. You won't believe your ears. Be ready to smile. I'm talking cheshire Cat smile from ear to ear. It is time to pour one out for our homie. A Bonus Malard monologue in honor of the late great former Cub manager Lee Ilia and Phillies manager who left this mortal coil. And he left this world with a legendary microphone meltdown for the ages, the Michael Angelo of the coaching Rant. People talk about the greatest of all time. They did a rant on my overnight show last night. You might have heard it on the Ben Maler Show, and I mentioned that people talk about who's the greatest quarterback in the NFL, and some people will say Back in the day, they'd say Joe Montana. Now everyone says, well, it's Tom Brady. Tom Brady's the greatest of all time. They say who's the greatest baseball player? Most people say, Babe Ruth is the greatest baseball player. Oh, there's a name Willie Mays or someone like that, but most people say Babe Ruth. They say, who's the greatest basketball player of all time?
Speaker 1: The real ones know it's Michael Jordan. The real ones know it's Michael Jordan.
Speaker 4: You say, who's the person that gave us the greatest rant of all time into a news conference?
Speaker 1: And that's Lee Ilia.
Speaker 4: So that is the one that stands out, the Michelangelo of the coaching Rant. So in his memory, in his honor, we are cracking open the vault on the Fifth Hour podcast. Here it's Benny's big board, not a list, not a list to Terry in England. Now I was thinking of doing this anyway, and then my senior advisor, a platinum artist who is back in the mallor Palooza this year, our friend Jayscoop, and he had messaged me. He works in collaboration with just Josh, and he's like, this would be a great idea. So the again, not a list. I want to make sure that's on the record.
Speaker 1: Not a list.
Speaker 4: But this is Benny's big board, the five greatest microphone meltdowns in US sports history. Now this is the coaching, and I left a lot of the basketball. In fact, there's no basketball in this. I can do a separate subcategory in basketball. Lee Ilia was a baseball manager, of course, and so this is almost all baseball and mostly football. Because it's not an ordinary big board, it's a full on, off the cuff, top of my dome compilation. These are the most epic, unhinged rants to ever grace a presser, at least that I remember today that I cobbled this together. So if we missed any of your favorites, and we did, you know we only have limited time here.
Speaker 1: Hit us up. Let us know.
Speaker 4: You can email me real fifth hour at gmail dot com, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: We'll try to accommodate you.
Speaker 4: Now, before we get to the five at the very top of Big Ben's Big board, we have the honorable mention category because we got to give props before we get to the big dogs, the big dogs. We're going to start out in Cincinnati, home of legendary show contributors like just Josh, who we already mentioned, and Justin and Cincinnati. So the Reds have been a glorified dumpster fire for years, but one of the great rants, and it reached honorable mentioned status, was a number of years back the Red set of manager named Brian Price. Let's just say the price was not right. As Price was upset, the Reds beat writers had led out a secret about a roster move the Reds were going to make before the team announced it, and that led to a record setting seventy seven f bombs in a tirade that while it didn't make the top five, it did make honorable mention. Let's give you a little taste of this. This is Brian Price years ago the res and you're probably about ten years ago or so. Listen to him, and he starts out rather come and next thing you know, it's F this, F that, F you blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 5: You know, look, I don't need you guys to be fans of the Reds.
Speaker 6: I just need to know that if there's something that we want to keep here, that it stays here. We don't need to know that Tucker Barnhart's in the airport when we haven't spoken to Kyle Skipworth. I think we owe them and that kid the right to be called and told that he's going to be sent down, as opposed to reading that Tucker Barnhart's on his way and from Louisville. I just I don't get it. I don't get why it's got to be this way. Has it always been this way? Where we just tell everybody everything? So every opponent that we have has to know exactly what we have, relievers are available, which guys are here, and which guys aren't here when they can play what they can do. It's nobody's in business. It's certainly not the opponent's business. We've got to deal with this. I like to talk, and I have spoken as candidly as I can with you people. If if that's not good enough. I won't say a thing. I'll go yes, sir, no certain, and I can do that. But I've been as candid as I can be about this team and our players, and we got to deal with this. Every team that we play has to know everything guy that's here and what they can and can do.
Speaker 5: Me so in disgrace and sick of it.
Speaker 6: It's hard enough to win here to have every opponent know exactly what we bring to the table every day.
Speaker 5: I don't like it.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying, to make it very clear. I don't like the way that this is going at all.
Speaker 5: I don't like it.
Speaker 6: I don't think you guys need to know everything, and I certainly don't think that you need to see something and tweet it out there and make it in world event. How do we benefit from them knowing that we don't have Devin Mesarako?
Speaker 5: How do we benefit from that they benefit from it?
Speaker 6: I just want to know how we benefit from these people knowing that we don't have a player here. Can you answer that? How is that good for the Reds to? Yeah, well, it's making my job harder, Sure it is, well, thank you. I don't just don't know if that's what we're supposed to do, or we supposed to open up everything here for everybody to know all the time. So it's all I want to know what your expectations are, because me, if I got to tell these guys we got to go out there and they know we don't have Devin Mesuraka, what benefit is that to me as a manager and our.
Speaker 5: Team to win a game?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So that Devin Mesurako or whatever the guy's name was, and that was Brian pie seventy seven f bomps. That's just a little taste of it.
Speaker 1: Got kind of boring. He kept saying the F word, but it got kind of boring. That was the meaty part of it.
Speaker 4: And this is the honorable mention on Big Ben's big board. These are some of the great tie raids in honor of Lee Ilia. Now he tried to find the top audio on John McKay.
Speaker 1: This is way back.
Speaker 4: We're going back to the nineteen seventies, so this is way over fifty years ago. John McKay was one of the great college football coaches of all time. At the University of Southern California. He wasn't getting paid a lot of money. They didn't pay a lot of money back in those days. He was getting low balled and near the end of his career he's like, gos, screw it. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were an expansion team and this renegade owner, Hugh Culverhouse, who was despised, he actually was like the godfather of the La Rams.
Speaker 1: That's a whole different story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the guy that owned the Bucks offered John McKay to more than double his salary. They made him like the highest paid coach in football at the time. So John McKay left the University of Southern California and he went all the way to Tampa to coach the Buccaneers. And they were an expansion team. They were terrible, and John McKay was a quote machine. Now one of the great quotes of all time. I tried to find the auto, I couldn't find it. It was when he was asked about his team's execution and he famously said, I'm in favor of it. Now, they give you an idea how crazy times have changed. A few years back. I forget who the coach was, but a coach used that line like I think it was an NFL coach used that line might have been a college coach, but they just repeated it and the wokesters on social media.
Speaker 1: I can't believe the coach said that.
Speaker 4: So I didn't find that sound bite, but I did go to the archive from This is a clip, old clip.
Speaker 1: From NFL films. I think this came from.
Speaker 4: This is some of the highlights of John McKay. He was coaching the Buccaneers. He's on the sidelines and listen, I'll give you a little taste of this. It's honorable mention John McKay. We're going back over fifty years and here's John McKay on the sidelines, miked up for NFL films, and listen to him critique his Tampa Bay Buccaneers in real time.
Speaker 1: Take a listen, don't hit him, don't hit him.
Speaker 7: Well, let's say, oh, jeezus, gentlemen, who can't stop a pass or a run.
Speaker 5: We're in great shape.
Speaker 7: I have a lot of careers going in Monday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's play everybody. We're just hard.
Speaker 8: We're not proving one thing here.
Speaker 5: We we prove we can't play.
Speaker 7: That's not it's just he was a football Another damn chicken.
Speaker 5: We got out here.
Speaker 7: That's what I say, we got some many fucks and no sour. Yeah, yeah, I would figure that you would stagger around. What's wrong with playing mont in the game? He tackles, He's only got one chass Megas football team. He asks like he's got it made. He ain't got nothing made.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So that was that was John McKay, Uh chicken.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good. I like that.
Speaker 4: So that's that's back in the nineteen seventies. Another honorable mention, Uh, the greatest of all time Bobby Knight college basketball. So I said there were no coaches from basketball liede bad job by me.
Speaker 1: There's no NBA coaches. But this is Bobby Knight.
Speaker 4: And going back many years, he was still at Indiana Legendary Indiana Who's yours college basketball coach? Also coached at Texas Tech. And here is Bobby Knight giving out advice on what he wanted to happen when he finally died. Now Bobby's dead, but listen to this wisdom from the late great Bobby Knight.
Speaker 5: When my time.
Speaker 9: On Earth is gone and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down and my critics can kiss my and.
Speaker 1: The crowd goes wild.
Speaker 4: The crowd goes wild as Bobby Knight walks away. All right, Another honorable mention on this fifth hour honoring Lee Ilia. We go to New Jersey and a man who got a television career because of a roughly thirty second rant to the media. We are talking going back twenty five years. I believe this soundbite's from This is HERM Edwards and it is an infamous SoundBite. Did not make the top five on Big Ben's Big Board. But here's HERM Edwards coaching the Jets. Things were not going well, because things never go well when you're coaching the Jets. But here's HERM Edwards on what it is all about.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 10: This was great about sports. This is what the greatest thing about sports is. You play to win the game. Hello, You play to win the game. You don't play to just play it. That's a great thing about sports. You play to win, and I don't care if you don't have any wins. You go play to win. When you start.
Speaker 5: Telling me it doesn't matter to retire.
Speaker 1: Get out, get out.
Speaker 4: That was HERM Edwards giving a sermon that is still gospel to this day. People that are young that never even knew who horm Edwards were or was.
Speaker 1: Rather like, oh herm Edwards.
Speaker 4: The last honorable mention before we get in to the top five on Big Ben's Big Board. This is not on the top five. It is my personal favorite and I love this. Back when we used to have sound on the show and drops on the show, and back in the old days, we played a lot of drops from this particular guy. It's a college football coach at Coastal Carolina. The Shanta Clears, I believe, is what their mascot is. Here is David Bennett, the only college coach to sneak into Big Ben's Big Board in terms of honorable mention. He was at Coastal Carolina and for some reason he started talking about well, he started talking about cats and dogs and it well, just listen.
Speaker 3: Trying to get our two boys ready to gear him a goff ternment foot prints right, twelve cats live across the road.
Speaker 5: Our door's open.
Speaker 1: Screens broke. We need to get a new screen door.
Speaker 3: But the screens broke, so you can come in through the screen, but you can't get back out of I turned to look, there's a little kitty cat in our kitchen, so I.
Speaker 1: Said, what are you doing in here? A little kitty cat. By that time, the cat turns, tries to get back out, that scream won't go that way.
Speaker 3: Cat starts going all crazy, and I told our players we need more dogs. Bows barging in the back after go shut bow up, mels like, what's going on? It says the cat and house cat in the house. I said, it is a cat in the house. So I told our players, I try to let it out the front door. The cat's still going crazy in there, and I told our players.
Speaker 1: You needy bit more like a dog. We don't need a bunch of cats in here. Looking in the mirror, I look good.
Speaker 3: I got my extra bands on, I got my other shoes.
Speaker 1: Be a dog.
Speaker 3: We don't need no mowns. We don't need no cats. We need more dogs.
Speaker 4: We all need more dogs. We all need more dogs. That was great, David Bennett. I don't know what happened to him. I looked it up a couple of years back. I don't know what he's doing. He's probably retired at this point. That was a years ago rant from the coach at Coastal Carolina. And as you may remember, my father in law my in laws have a house in North Carolina, and I was down there a couple years back with the wife. We went to visit him, and we drove by Coastal Carolina. And when we were driving by Coastal Carolina, I was like, this is a big deal. In fact, they had an ad up in the airport we flew into. I think it was in Myrtle Beach, I believe any I don't remember where. It's been a little while, but.
Speaker 1: They had a sign up for the school. I was like, that's the school.
Speaker 4: The Cats and Dogs guy went to. That's the guy right there. That was huge, huge, all right, Now turning the page, Let's go to the main event. Now, Benny's big board. Not a list, not a list. Five microphone meltdowns in US sports history, the Coaching edition, And we go to number five.
Speaker 1: Numbber five, Numbber five, an underrated rant old school.
Speaker 4: We go now to Minnesota. He was the head coach of the Old Minnesota Vikings. Jerry Burns. Jerry Burns, and he came out swinging, defending his offensive coordinator with a profanity laced outburst that was equal parts loyalty in lunacy as Jerry Burns worked himself up burnsy into an absolute tizzy, spitting fire at the football media who was questioning the Minnesota Vikings play calling. And he was a poet, a poet of rage. Let's go in the hot tub time machine back. I think this is in the late eighties, early nineth these. Here is Jerry Burns, the Minnesota Vikings head coach, passionately, passionately defending his offensive coordinator. And listen to Jerry Burns. Let's go to the audio tape.
Speaker 11: Let me say something. As long as I'm in his fucking job, Schnelker will be the offensive coach.
Speaker 1: I mean, no, no question fucking about that.
Speaker 5: Fucking question about that.
Speaker 11: We I don't like the name names after a fucking after a fucking game, but we we can't. We can't be responsible for the block, and we can't be responsible for the guys jumping off side. We can't be responsible for the fun we get down there and and uh and it was a dumb play by by Anderson.
Speaker 1: I love I love Anderson, but it was a numb fucking play.
Speaker 11: When he had with his foot was shoe was coming off up the line, screat we were hard to take time out we had a fucking trap play called and and his fucking shoe comes off.
Speaker 1: That ain't that ain't bought Schneker's fall.
Speaker 11: We have another fucking trap play and then he picks up his fucking feet, he walks in.
Speaker 1: We got the fucking the pass.
Speaker 11: Who ac out there in the flat is the boss throwing in low?
Speaker 1: That is a Sneker's fault.
Speaker 11: We got right down there, we got we got the second down and then what the hell two years ago out of what fifteen forty, whatever the hell it was, and Irwin, she jumps off side. These are things that have been hurting us all along, the little things. We're working at him to stop them. We goog the ball good today. We went down there and we didn't get the bone hands on him.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't stin.
Speaker 5: I think we did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: So that was Jerry Burns after a win, ranting and defending somebody named Bob Snelker, who was the offensive coordinator of the Vikings back in I think this was nineteen eighty nine, So that was number five on Big Ben's big board.
Speaker 1: Jerry Burns defending Bob Schnelker.
Speaker 4: Now the number four, number four a oldie, but a goodie an NFL coach undressing one of his players. Mike Singletary was the baddest man on the planet when he played linebacker for Mike Ditka, and Dicka almost made this list. We were trying to find there were a couple of Mike Dicka rants we didn't. We weren't able to find the audio. So we're going with Mike Singletary here at number four. He was very briefly the forty nine ers head coach, and they had a first round pick who was a athletic gift from the gods. Fact, we had this guy on this podcast a while back, Vernon Davis, and things were not going well early in Vernon Davis's career built like a Donnas. He wasn't playing up to Mike Singletary's standard as the forty nine er coach, and so Mike Singletary, in front of the media on national television in a postgame news conference, pantched Vernon Davis. In fact, it got to the point where Mike Singletary on Mike, you'll hear it here. Mike Singletary not just called out Vernon Davis, it was a public execution where he essentially said they would be better off playing a man short.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the audio tape.
Speaker 4: Here is Mike Singletary whose number four.
Speaker 1: Take a listen, Vernon, Vernon.
Speaker 12: Just was something that I told everybody at the very beginning of the week. I will not tolerate players that think it's about them when it's about the team and we cannot make we cannot make decisions that costs the team and then come off the sideline and it's nonchalant, No, you know what. This is how I believe. Okay, I'm from the old school.
Speaker 1: I believe this. I would rather play with ten people.
Speaker 12: And just get penalized all the way until we got to do something else, rather than play with eleven when I know that right now that person has not sold out to be a part of this team. It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with him, cannot win with him, cannot coach with him, can't do it.
Speaker 4: So good, so good. I was really pulling for Mike Singletary. I remember being on the air at Fox Sports Radio. It was like, I want this. I need Mike Singletary to be a good head coach, just because of stuff like that. Unfortunately, he sucked as a head coach. It didn't work out, but we will always have that, and that is Mike Singletary, number four, number four on the big Board.
Speaker 1: Not a list.
Speaker 4: Cannot play with him, cannot win with him, cannot coach with him, can't do it, can't do it. And I realize we're on an audio only thing here on the podcast. But Mike Singletary's eyes, it's like he's a superpower. He can literally burn you up with his eyes and just apps great. Not at number three, number three on Big Ben's Big Board.
Speaker 1: These are the greatest rants in honor of the late greatly Aelia who left us.
Speaker 4: This week we pour out this big board in honor of Lee Ilia. So now we get to the Fox Sports Radio Alumni edition and someone that we had on this podcast as well. I got to do some radio shows with him. Very exciting for me. I was a fan of him. I knew who he was. I'd watched him when I was younger. I got to do some shows with him at Fox Sports Radio. The great Jim Mora. Now for many people Playoffs is the greatest rant of all time, but not for us, Not for us, and not my big board.
Speaker 1: It's not your big board, it's my big board.
Speaker 4: So for me, we're going to go back to Jim Mora, who was coaching the Saints nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: This comes from it was.
Speaker 4: Week eight, all right, this is the eighth game of the nineteen ninety six season. And the Saints came out and they were terrible, and Jim Mora calmly walked out wearing his Saints gear, his coaching gear. After the Saints had lost the game, he got to kind of a makeshift podium and he unleashed an absolute masterpiece.
Speaker 1: This is masterpiece theater.
Speaker 4: Frustrated, and he gave us one of the all time great phrases in this exasperated meltdown.
Speaker 1: Take a listen to.
Speaker 4: Jim Mora as he gave his state of the New Orleans Saints address, as only coach Mora could do.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 13: Well, what happened was that second game we got our ass kicked, or the second half we just got our ass totally kicked. We couldn't do Diddley Pooh offensively. We couldn't make a first down. We couldn't run the ball. We didn't try to run the ball. We couldn't complete a pass, We sucked the second half. We sucked. We couldn't stop the run. Every time they got the ball and went down and got points. We got our ass totally kicked in the second half. That's what it boiled down to. It was a horse performance in the second half.
Speaker 14: Four.
Speaker 13: I'm totally embarrassed and totally ashamed coaching art were our coaching did a horrible job. The players did a horrible job. We got our ass kick in that second half. It sucked, it stuck.
Speaker 4: How do you really feel, coach more, how do you really feel? All that was so good, so great, loved, loved. Jim Mora one of the greatest people.
Speaker 7: Know.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of athletes and coaches or whatever that have passed through the building in Sherman Oaks over the years, but Jim Mora just great, just absolutely wonderful. The stories he told some that we can't repeat, wonderful. But that line we couldn't do Diddley Pooh offensively. That is the line that made this number three on Big Ben's Big Board on this special edition of the Fifth Hour Podcast. Now we move up to Bert Dude, number two and number two, another member of the Fox Sports Radio alumni Association. I I got a couple of stories about this guy. But let's get right into it. We're going way back. The Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to go there, right.
Speaker 4: The Arizona Cardinals had just lost a game against the Chicago Bears. I believe this game was on a Monday night, and Dennis Green got up to the dais. The Bears had come back in the game against the Cardinals. The Arizona thought they were going to win the game, and Dennis Green eyes wide voice cracking, he had a nuclear meltdown at the podium and take a listen to the great late Dennis Green.
Speaker 15: Wait, the Bears are what we thought they were. What we thought they were. We played them in preseason. Who the hell takes a third game in a preseason like a s boop? We played them the third game, everybody played three quarters or who we thought they were.
Speaker 16: Now, that's why we took the damn field. Now, if you want to crown him, they crown their ass. But they are who we thought they were. And we got about the hook all.
Speaker 1: Right, Thank you? Kay was so good.
Speaker 4: So when I was doing college radio at Saddleback College, it was a it was a DJ at the college radio station was a jazz format, and the program director, who was my professor, not really a program director, he's like, hey, there's this guy.
Speaker 1: He knew I liked sports.
Speaker 4: He said, this guy that's a coach in the NFL and he's a jazz musician and he wants to come by and promote his music and we want you to talk to him.
Speaker 1: Because I was like the only DJ that liked sports. So I was like, sure, I'd love to do it.
Speaker 4: And he said, he's the guy that coaches the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 1: I said really.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, I think I know he used to coach at Stanford, and yeah, yeah, that's the guy.
Speaker 1: And so it was.
Speaker 4: It was Dennis Green, and we had him in and we played his music and we talked to him and he was great and wonderful. He was so kind to me. He handed me his business card. He said, listen, Ben, anytime that we are in As you know, the Vikings were in southern California at that time, The Raiders and the Rams were in LA. The Chargers were in San Diego, and Saddleback is in Orange County, but south Orange County, so it's kind of in between LA and San Diego and Coach Green was like, hey, listen, anytime the Vikings are in the area and you want tickets, here's my personal card. He gave me the card. He gave the extension to his secretary. He says, you call her up and this is the card. I'll get you tickets. No, I never did it, but it was just really cool. It was like the coolest thing at Dennis Green. Like, I'm, you know, fresh out of high school. I'm barely in college and Dennis Green is NFL head coach, the coach of the Minnesota Vikings is like, hey, now we'll hook you up. And then I got to work. Very briefly, I say I got to work with him. I don't know if that's the right way to say it, but Dennis Green was hired at Fox Sports Radio after he left the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Very briefly, I say, very briefly.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to do this off memory as I remember it. Dennis Green worked at Fox Sports Radio for approximately two weeks. His agent got him the job at FSR, so he's working at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fine. Well.
Speaker 4: After taking the job, ESPN, which pays a little bit more money than Fox Sports Radio offered Dennis Green a TV job, so he was there about two weeks.
Speaker 1: It might have been a little longer than that, but it wasn't much longer than that. And Dennis Green.
Speaker 4: Left and skidaddled off to television, and that was the last we saw of the late great Dennis Green. Now do number one on Big Ben's Big Board. And here we are the very top of the mountain, the peak of the Mountain, paying tribute to the King of all meltdowns.
Speaker 1: Lee Elia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the man, the myth, the microphone murderer set this up. We played it on the Overnight Show. But I'm gonna play the extended dance remix. And I don't think this is edited as far as like the bad words, you'll hear all the bad words.
Speaker 1: So it's the early nineteen eighties.
Speaker 4: It's April twenty ninth of nineteen eighty three. I am a child. I didn't know about this at the time, but it happened on my birthday. So the Cubs had just gotten their ass kicked by the Dodgers, and the Cub fans were booing it Wrigley. The players in those days had to go out to the outfield. The clubhouse was in center field, so they had to go out to the outfield. The Chicago Cup fans were throwing all over the players, and lee Ilia found out about this, and he did not appreciate it. It is the gold standard. There are some lines in here that can never be matched. They're the all time greatest. He went on and on and on. It was drill sergeant like, So let's go back in the hot, tough time machine the week that we lost Lee Ilia.
Speaker 1: He passed away a couple of days ago.
Speaker 4: Here is Lee Elia, then, the Chicago Cup manager, nineteen eighty three, with the single greatest rant of all time. This is why Lee Ilia is the goat of the media meltdown.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you one fucking thing. I hope we get fucking hotter and shit, just to stuff it up them three thousand fucking people that show up every fucking day, because if they're the real Chicago fucking fans, they can kiss my fucking ass right downtown and try it. They're really really behind you around here, my fucking head, What am I supposed to do? Go out there and let my fucking players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it. For the fucking nickel dyin people to show up. The motherfuckers don't even work. That's why they're out at the fucking game. They only go out and get a fucking job and find out what it's like to go out there and are fucking living. Eighty five percent of the fucking world work it. The other fifteen come out here the fucking playground for the cocksuckers. Motherfuckers, cocksuckers like the fucking players. God guys bussing their fucking hands, and these fucking people do. And that's the come my fucking ad. They talk about the great fucking support that the players get around here. I haven't seen it this fucking hair. The name of the game is hit the ball, catch the ball, and get the fucking job done. Right now, Well, we have more laws than we have wins. The fucking changes that have happened in the Cup organization are multipoles, all right. They don't show because we're five and fourteen, And unfortunately that's the criteria of them. Some fifteen motherfucking percent that come out to day baseball. The other eighty five percent are earning a living. It'll take more than a five and thirteen or five and fourteen to destroy the makeup of this club. I guarantee you that there's some fucking pros out there that want to fucking play this game, but you're stuck in a fucking stigma. The fucking Dodgers and the Phillies and the Cardinals and all that sheep shit. These mother fucking editorials about say and fucking the phillyitis and all that shit. That's sickening. It's unbelievable, it really is. It's a disheartening fucking situation we're in right now. Five and fourteen doesn't gate all that work. Put me three fucking games left. I'm trying to say it. Don't rip them fucking guys out there, rip me. Do you want to rip somebody, rip my fucking ad, But don't rip them fucking guys because they're killing everything they can give. Once we hit that fucking groove, it'll flow, and it will flow. The talent's there. I don't know how to make it any clearancey. I'm frustrated. I'll guarantee I'm frustrated. It'd be different if I walked in this room every day at eight thirty and saw a bunch of guys they didn't give a shit. They give a shit and It's a tough natural ad a tough National League period.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: So there it is Lee Ilia, the classic meltdown. Poh rest in peace, Lee Ilia. A couple of notes on that. I actually ran into Lee Ilia years ago. The Dodgers hired him as a advisor consultant. Ned Kaletti was the general manager of the Dodgers, and I saw Lee he lived. I think he lived in Atlanta at the time. He lived on the East Coast somewhere. However, he occasionally would show up to Dodger Stadium, and many people who are my buddies in the media knew that I love that sound. That's the greatest sund You're not liked that, and they would say, hey, there's Lee Ilia. So I saw him in the immediate dining room there at Dodger Stadium. I also met the Les Grobstein, he also lost Less, Les Grobstein, who was the Chicago radio man that recorded that I ran into Less. Actually in Indianapolis. I was there for a basketball game. Les was there as well, and he told me the story. I was introduced to him.
Speaker 1: And I was introduced to him as.
Speaker 4: The guy that got the audio recorded the audio. There's two radio legends that recorded Meltdown's Paul Olden, who's now the voice of Yankee Stadium, the public address announcer. He recorded Losorta, Kingson's performance and all that, and so that was that was one of the greats. And I was gonna include Tommy in this, and I was like, there's like a different sub category for Tommy. My favorite Losorta rant is Kurt Bavoqua. That is to me the great in fact, you know what, I know we're talking about, Leah, I want to why don't we.
Speaker 1: Play that right here?
Speaker 4: The Dodgers had a picture named Tom Needenfeer who had been fined for throwing at one of the San Diego Padres players. That led to Kurt Bavoqua tell the media. He told the sports writers that the person that should have been fined was the manager, the fat little Italian, well, Tommy Lesorta, who was the apparently the fat little Italian that Kurt Levaka was talking about. He was asked about that the following day, and that led to what is the greatest rant by Tommy desaur is not the Kingman. It's Tommy reacting and getting worked up into a ladder because Kurt Bovaqua, who was a player for the Padres at the time, called him a fat little Italian and the writer said, what do you think about that? And that led to this, let's take a listen.
Speaker 14: I have never, ever since I had managed, ever told the picture to throw it anybody, nor will I ever And if I ever did, I certainly wouldn't make him throw at a fucking one hundred and thirty hitter like Lefe or fucking Bovaqua, who could hit water if he fell out of a fucking boat.
Speaker 5: And I guarant fucking te you this.
Speaker 14: When I pitched and I was going to pitch against a fucking team that had guys on it like the Baqua, I sent a fucking limousine to get the cocksucker to make sure he was in the motherfucking lineup because I kicked that cocksucker's add any fucking day a week is a fucking motherfucking big mouth. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 4: Uh alright, there's Tommy Lasorda the SORTA late edition, but lee Ilia is still number one.
Speaker 1: You can put the Sorta number two if you want.
Speaker 4: Bad job by me, But there's a different subcategory with the Sorda ants So there it is, Big Ben's Big Board, the greatest coaching meltdowns in US sports history. And again, if we missed one, hit me up, let me hear you until next time and we'll have new podcasts all weekend. Enjoy the rest of your day today and we got you covered with Danny G and Me all weekend long later.
Speaker 1: Skater, kiss my asta pasta, got a murder.
Speaker 8: I gotta go.