Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcast make He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't agree. That's your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop mioneer put up as d J e f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks.
Speaker 4: Chants most every day is New Year's c Listen, It's time for drink champions.
Speaker 2: Drink up? Motherfuck? Would it good?
Speaker 4: Be hoping these winner should be This your boy in O R E. What up is d J e f N. And it's gonna take me crazy? You were all drinking champis champion.
Speaker 2: I will make something.
Speaker 4: And when I tell you, when me and e f N starts this show, we wanted to uh in the you are peers. We want to interview fellow legends, fellow icons. When I tell you, I've seen this man come up in the game. You know, from the beginning to where he's at now. He is always his team has been tight like virgin pussy. But nothing can break them. Nothing could break them. I sweet of God from the very day ones that I've seen him come in the game. He's with the same exact people. When you speak about loyalty, they picture comes up. We speak about this guy as a character, this guy as a MC, this guy as an actor, this guy has to producer. This guy's everything. He's a renaissance man. He's a fellow virgo. I believe he's married to like me, and we love hard and we go on the mouth. These people's like ya, y'all got the best vacation pictures ever. But this guy is as an icon, He's a legend. He's a lyrical he could go lyrically. We went through his pscography and we realize that he can go lyrically with any body. Anybody toe to toe and he might and he might put on the.
Speaker 2: Big a force one. We didn't want to go toe to toe. He is the man, he is my friend. He is a.
Speaker 4: Legend of icon, a motherfucking tycoon. In case you don't know what we're talking about, were talking about the one and only impeccable Chris.
Speaker 2: Love of love and I have you know, Luda.
Speaker 4: I just want you to know. I have been drinking twenty days.
Speaker 2: I've been in the.
Speaker 4: Gym every day, trying to get my shit on.
Speaker 2: But when we locked you in, I said, breaking my flask. Yeah. Look, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 4: Man. I am really really really proud of you because in certain ways, I kind of like feel like we traded careers, like kind of like like you kind of like started out like kind of like media even though you have music, wait before that, right, and then you transition as supposed to be where it's like kind of like an artist, and now I'm having fun doing the media.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people that's where.
Speaker 4: They start your career, right, they start at the radio station. But a lot of people don't know you have records and you had things way before that.
Speaker 2: Is that true? Okay, put it on.
Speaker 5: I started rapping when I was nine years old. Yeah, one hundred percent. My first record was called or Not Record. My first song was called I'm Cool, I'm bad. I might be ten, Wow, but I can't survive without my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I show you nine and I was nine, So you know I had to put the expects.
Speaker 2: At nine years old. He was you're ready to go. I'm ready to go. I'm ready to go. Limits, limits, limits, So I had you're gonna get fucked up, you know, drinking twenty day, Yes, twenty days. You about to get fuck caving about these I'm sorry you should, but.
Speaker 5: No, Like like I said, I started rapping when I was nine.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Went through a good ten ten twelve years of doing so many different you know, crazy contracts and being in groups and going in and out of.
Speaker 2: Just developing my style.
Speaker 5: And so you know when I got to the radio station, like you say, this was when I was eighteen years old. And so this is right when wrap radio stations were kind of card and where twenty four hours you playing nothing but rap music.
Speaker 2: Because radio college read Mercer Radio.
Speaker 5: So it's now one oh seven point nine in Atlanta. At the time it was called Hot ninety seven point five. And so at this time I literally got a job up there as an intern, and so I was just trying to get put on. So it was strategic because I was like, you got all these producers, you got all these artists coming through to a radio station each and every fucking day.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go up here and.
Speaker 5: Make these people think that I want a job at this radio station.
Speaker 2: But the real hustle is that.
Speaker 5: Whoever come up here I'm about to give with my music. I'm about to rap form and it's going to work. And now, keep in mind, it took i'd say about a good three or four years before it actually you know, the plan worked, you meaning you at the radio station three or four years being there before the whole Ludacris came into play because I was there as an air personality.
Speaker 2: I was hosting the clubs.
Speaker 5: I was a local celebrity way before commercially successful as Ludacris. But yeah, that's how it all started. Man, at that radio station Atlanta, George.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest, man, and I don't think I've ever said this, and you're gonna be You're gonna be happy.
Speaker 2: You're gonna happy. Were about to get some shit. I'm gonna be honest, bro.
Speaker 4: It was at one point, if you had a number one record in New York, you had a number one record around the world. And I'm proud to kind of say, not kind of, I'm proud to say that right now, if you have a number one record in Atlanta, y'all, man. But it's true though it's been like that for a while. By the way, my New York is recognizing it right now. I'm just being honest because we didn't want to let it go.
Speaker 2: But I see it now, like if you.
Speaker 4: It brings me to change, right because I remember I remember to change being down with you guys. And his name wasn't too changed. It was Titty Bwockett's. My first drinking in twenty days got Damini's Gold. But I remember I remember him being known in like just that section, like and it's just like I I remember, I remember, I'm sorry, I'm all over the place, but I remember me speaking with bum Bee and me almost saying to them like, damn, y'all could actually go gold and just Texas, like just Texas. And I remember saying that about Atlanta because.
Speaker 2: Y'all had local heroes, like I'm sorry, I'm all over the place. But I remember.
Speaker 4: About to Troy, and I remember how huge pastor Troy was.
Speaker 2: Right was I remember after meeting he was and I was like.
Speaker 4: We ran it looking at me like what the fuck is you talking about?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: And I would go just to New Orleans and I'd be like, we read it and people didn't know.
Speaker 2: That's when I knew Atlanta had the chance.
Speaker 4: To kind of like dominate the whole business because y'all had stars. That was just in Atlanta, And so how how was that seeing that because it was almost like, I don't want to say the back of the bus, like it was like kind of like y'all went from there to and I felt like, I'm sorry, I felt like it's Andre three thousand that jigs the world.
Speaker 2: I don't say that the world. He told us, I've got something to say. Oh got you?
Speaker 4: Because again, I'm sorry, I'm so all over the place. But I remember coming to Atlanta. Man, stop apologizing. I remember going to Atlanta. But I remember going to Atlanta as a New York artist and New York was running. I remember saying it it was Atlanta in the house, and they're not saying nothing to me saying it was Brooklyn in the house, and it would just it were erupt and I knew these people weren't from Brooklyn, but they didn't have no identity back then. But like, that's that's my story. But how does it feel from seeing like your city go from to where it's at now?
Speaker 5: Absolutely fucking amazing. I feel like we've had the game in a choke hold for.
Speaker 2: Quite some time.
Speaker 5: Like you say, I mean, you know, we can we get we get debate about how long it's been, but just it's it amazes me since I started it because I come from the like you said, the goodie mobs and the outcast. They paved the way from me. So after all this time, in retrospect, you know, seeing what has happened over all that time and just Atlanta artists working together and it's just the camaraderie and everybody just becoming a powerhouse. When when you do these records together and you see that they continue to climb these charts all this time later, Man, it feels fucking amazing, amazing, and it's like I don't feel like it's going anywhere.
Speaker 2: That's what it always seemed like.
Speaker 6: It might be different being from the city, but from the outside looking in, it looked like Atlanta always had it together.
Speaker 2: Like the artist does work together.
Speaker 6: It didn't matter if they didn't sound the same, different kind of genres within the genre, they all worked together.
Speaker 2: They all were ripping for the city, southern hospitality, as we say.
Speaker 4: And that's why I had a hate up moment at one point that was like I was kind of glad when you and T I was beefing for like two weeks, because two weeks at least the human you know what I mean, Like the South didn't seem human at one point. It seems like all of y'all beats, if you has stripes or whatever, y'all kept it in between each other and New York.
Speaker 2: We couldn't do that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It was it was outer and you know what I'm saying, like we didn't see it though, like you didn't see a lot of I say with.
Speaker 2: I didn't see like the Atlanta on Atlanta. That's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Then if you're saying, from your perspective you didn't see it like that, then that's good.
Speaker 2: So make.
Speaker 5: We like to keep the reputation of keeping it, you know, together, togetherness in that Southern hospitality for sure.
Speaker 4: So what actually happened with you and t I at that time?
Speaker 5: It was from my perspective, it was always a little subliminals, and I just heard subliminals. And I'm extremely competitive, so I'm always with the subliminals. So when you know when he was jab, I was just jab right back in records.
Speaker 4: Did this happened to the like karate class.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not, But no, just this competition, man. And you know it's crazy because again in retrospect, we were actually on a flight together, on a plane we went to George Floyd's funeral services together. God bless Will Packer put a bunch of people together on this plane and so we literally were on there talking for two three hours of everything, the whole history. And you know, I just told him to his faces, like, brother, I never start.
Speaker 2: Any fucking thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I come from a world where I mind my own fucking business.
Speaker 2: This is what Ludacris does.
Speaker 5: I hear people talk stuff, and people take jabs, and people take shots, and then you know, I decide whether or not I want to send the shots back. But at the end of the day, I just I don't start shit. I finished it.
Speaker 2: That's what I do.
Speaker 5: So we on this plane, man, talking about the history of all the shit that we've been through, like and it's like we sat back and laughed at the end of that shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And that's what.
Speaker 5: Maturity and that's what stroke is all about. But we gave the people what they wanted for a certain amount of time, and that's what hip hop is. It starts from competition, and we just gonna get We're gonna give you that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So we're going through your discography, bro, the discogo. Yeah, we're going through it.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: I ain't got a lot of you.
Speaker 4: We got some records here. We know we've seen you do versus with Nelly. Yeah, but y'all wasn't in the same room. Correct, we were not.
Speaker 5: I think we were the first rappers to do versus, if I'm not mistaken. And this was at a time where the everybody was still at home, like but nobody was leaving this quarantine. So this is before people got on the stages and was doing the whole performance and ship Niggas.
Speaker 4: Was at the crib. I'm gonna be honest with you. I looked at your face when you walked up, and I knew you was gonna win, just like you had the eye the fucking I don't know what you was doing push ups before that.
Speaker 2: I looked at you.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, you know how, you know how you're in the zone like I looked. Was it because you was bored?
Speaker 2: Let me tell yourself, you're just starting this interview. That's gonna be a common theme to competitive yess yeah, I love competition. It's what we do this ship for.
Speaker 5: So that's what you saw on my face, like subdleness, just ready to fucking go.
Speaker 2: Let's go, because you know what you look like.
Speaker 4: You look like the fighter, right that's about to fight his brother that don't want to hurt his brother's That's what any opponent.
Speaker 5: By the way, Okay, that's why I say I don't start ship. I finished it. That's that's the other theme of this interview. Well, go ahead. I'm sorry to interrupt you, my brother.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I was so because I was looking and I.
Speaker 4: Know you personally and I know Nelly personally, right, so I know both of you brothers, and I'm looking and i'm you know, as everyone else, we all bored in the crib and I'm just like this. But I knew how I seen your face. I knew how serious you took it. And I seen Nellie, that's my that's my brother too.
Speaker 2: Let me just big him up. But I seen him.
Speaker 4: I seen him kind of like you know, not I don't want to say not taking this serious, but just like you know, I'm here and I phone with your face.
Speaker 2: You have to face on your guy right now.
Speaker 4: You you were zone then you were looking at your DJ and I just knew it. And is that that goes back to the competition thing. It does not matter, bro. I love this shit.
Speaker 2: Bro. I live for this shit.
Speaker 5: I apologize for movies getting in the way of the music people, but goddamn it, I'm coming.
Speaker 2: I love this shit. I just love it.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. I made a living off of it. My kids is straight off of it. My whole team, we feed a lot of people, and that's why we take it so serious.
Speaker 2: I just love it. I love it. That's that face, man, that's that game face.
Speaker 4: And how happy are you that jar Ru turned down that job?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: I didn't believe it at first when I heard that rumor, And yeah, what is the rumor? Tell us what is your party you heard? I don't want to speak for job, but it was definitely something in the realm of John Singleton went to him first for that role in Too Fast, Too Furious because he was in the first Fast and Furious and for whatever reason, that deal didn't work out. So I don't know the specifics, and so that deal not working out has had ludicris in two six seven eight nine ten. Let me take a sip of my motherfucker god, hey man sit two five six seven eight nine ten.
Speaker 2: And still fucking don't another rumor that I heard. Tell me if this is true or not.
Speaker 6: The contractually doing the movies, you weren't allowed to put out music.
Speaker 5: Contractually, I wasn't. I wasn't able to ride my motorcycles. They got that ship in the contract. While we're shooting, you cannot ride. I'm a motorcycle junkie. I'm an adrenaline junkie. By the way, we'll get onto that. But no, nowhere did they say we couldn't put out here. I actually put out I want to say, a small project on the release of one of the movies or some shit like that. But now I'm just saying it does take a lot of time. And I'm the type of person that I'm gonna put one hundred percent into whatever the fuck I'm doing at the time. So I'm not the nigga that's gonna be half assing an album in music and shooting a role in a movie at the same time. So it's like my management and my team, they love me for that, but they always hate they hate me for that shit. At the same time, I'm just full throttle with it. So that was that your first acting gig. My first acting gig was was Crash. That ship that oneed God damn Academy award was right, No, no, no, no, don Cheita, don Cheeto was in there, Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, my brother, Lawrence Tate was in there.
Speaker 2: Terrence, it was in that. Yeah, that ship won won the Academy Award.
Speaker 4: I love how people just start dropping names, but in a good movie.
Speaker 2: I've never been in a good movie. I got dropped because the classic playing you were in a class. Yeah, but I don't know the names water.
Speaker 4: But tell them about your zombie movie.
Speaker 5: But so that you got, you gotta say. You got to say that the classic that you come on Okay later, But your first movie was in his Crash. That's the first movie I had a I had a small part in the Wash.
Speaker 2: That was like the.
Speaker 5: Snooping doctor Ship. That was like a cameo. But the first movie movie Crash, then Too Fast, Too Furious, then Hustling Flow, You Hustling Flow, John Singleton and Craig Brewer, and man, it was just I mean, I remember Skinny Black.
Speaker 2: Is that your favorite role you ever played?
Speaker 5: Noah, the rolling crash is the favorite role I've ever played, to be completely honest with you, and it's uh, but the hustling flow shit. I remember John Singleton coming to me saying he wanted me to play a rapper in a movie. I was like, man, I'm not doing that. I don't want to play a fucking rapper. I'm a rapper. I'm like, if I'm gonna do these roles, I want to do something outside of the realm of my own personality. And then he sat me down and he was like, well, you know, this isn't your personality. This is kind of a little bit outside of And then I was like, he convinced me to do it, and and the rest is history. And and rest in peace to John Singleton because he's the one who put me like we said it too fast, too furious. He took ice Cube and you know, you put them in and Boys in the Hoods. He's taking ty Reese and put them in Baby Boy. So he takes people from the music world, notices a talent in them, and then literally puts them in movies. Next thing, you know, catapult them to a whole other level. Lives too iconic. So Man, he rest in peace. Man ever, grateful, forever, thankful for ever, thankful. He lived down the block for me before he passed away.
Speaker 4: I used to hang out with him all the time, and I told him, can you put me a Snowfall?
Speaker 2: And he said never.
Speaker 4: Because he said my New York accent is too foul. He said, I can never go for a l a person. And I was like, he's kind of right. I've been living in the South for sixteen years.
Speaker 2: I'm not laft your accent for that.
Speaker 4: Ben.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I'm gonna try to just try it. No, I'm just drinking up. Give me your best. But you know what's dope on Snowfall? That dub C is Actually he's.
Speaker 4: A dialect that Yeah, yeah, somebody told us on drink jams. I'm I'm sort of the Bond scenes and then yeah, I know that trained them.
Speaker 2: So John singles in this l moving on, let's get the stand up and that video stand up.
Speaker 5: I remember, Man, we was all in the Death Jam offices. Man, that ship right there deserves a show all within itself, just being a depth jam in New York City and.
Speaker 4: You're doing my interview. That's my next question. I'm trying to like you notice good.
Speaker 2: He's good. You got murder Inc.
Speaker 5: You got Rockefeller, you got disturbing the peace, you got all these I'm talking about craziness.
Speaker 2: Exce up there one day, Jay there, one day, job up there.
Speaker 5: Another day you got red and meth coming to food, smoking the place out. But all that being said, it's just like, bro, I remember going up there and stand Up coming out and this nigga.
Speaker 2: Irv Gott he just bombarding me. Yo. What the That's how you put out a fu fucking shine?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: Fuck? That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: It was like, I just that type of energy is crazy. But I think as artists, we all have certain records where we're kind of on.
Speaker 2: The fence about if that ship is at hit. We know it's a fucking hit.
Speaker 5: In somewhere we're like, we think it's hit, and then that ship is not a fucking When I heard Stand Up, me and his nigga Kanye was in the studio in.
Speaker 2: Atlanta, Georgia. He came down to Atlanta.
Speaker 5: And this is a dope as story because it was the engineer and it was Kanye and I know a lot of people. You know, we talk about producers and a lot of Kanye for being a producer.
Speaker 2: It's early Kanye.
Speaker 5: Listen, bro producers sometimes they don't you don't you know their producer. You don't see these motherfuckers touching the button electronic equipment in person. Literally just me, Kanye and the engineer. That motherfucker made that beat in like five minutes on the goddamn ASR.
Speaker 2: T and keyboard by himself. It's literally just us three. Wow. And I mean it was fucking amazing.
Speaker 5: And if you listen to that song, there's probably like five sounds in the song that's It's a simple. It's very simple. So I call it dynamic simplicity. That motherfucker did that. So all that being said, yes, stand up. As soon as I heard that shit, I knew it was a hit.
Speaker 4: But how did you come up with the concept for the video?
Speaker 2: Man? That's just the way my mind. That was you that came up with the concept.
Speaker 4: A couple of things that I've never kind of that I regret in life is that I wanted you to direct one of my videos. We can still do that. Yeah, I've got to make the records, I got you. I ain't got the record, but hold.
Speaker 5: You, man, the way my mind works, I wouldn't even be able to answer that fucking question for you.
Speaker 2: Bro. I just whatever, the.
Speaker 5: Most ridiculous, ludicrous, out of this world wild shit is.
Speaker 2: That's what I come up with. And I'm like, let's do that.
Speaker 5: And I definitely got to give Dave Meyers his credit as well, because you know, he shot a lot of my videos and.
Speaker 2: He shot that one. But the big shoes, you know.
Speaker 5: The babyhead on the I mean, the big head on the on the baby's body, the little person hanging from my neck, list, all of that. It's just I just love the visual aspect and just showing people something outside of the realm of what they normally see. I love it and just create my own lane, that's you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And and by the way.
Speaker 5: Of course, I was one hundred percent inspired by the Busters of the world and the Missis of the world, but I had to make my own lane even in that world phenomenal videos.
Speaker 4: But because I mean, that's what kind of really really what separates you, right. We know your lyrical we know you could pick hits, we know you could do that but it's really the I think that's something that me and you share. It's like the comedic sense. It's the big people want to be entertained and laugh, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: That's a good ass question because a lot of people don't know what I can attribute a lot of my style and videos and all these crazy ideas too. I literally was raised off of Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy and comedians like that's all I used to watch as a kid. When you're young and you're not supposed to be watching that shit. So I'm like, you know, seven, eight, nine, ten years old, bis Markey, bis Markey.
Speaker 2: Too, all of that shit I'm just I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: I was raised off comedian Okay, So in terms of me having this style where it's like there's comedic elements and my videos being funny and me just always wanted to have a good ass time and laugh and just be lighthearted and just have fun. That shit comes from just me loving comedy. I was a deaf comedy jam fiend. Like I watched it over and over again, Eddie Murphy. You know what you're probably now, Dave Chappelle Martin, Like I love that ship.
Speaker 4: I love it that one of the videos you made was somebody bothering somebody in the stall while they in the bathroom. You know you know that shit got worse. You said it got worse. Yeah, like like you when you go to take a piss, what are you talking to?
Speaker 2: People? Take about?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't take a Pisso the other day sometime taking over lives.
Speaker 2: In the southron I had to handle. Now, she's crazy out here. You don't get they did it to you. You don't go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: I don't go to the bathroom. You don't go to the bathroom. Don't go to the bathrooms? What are some crazy ship that stalker? Like?
Speaker 2: Like ever did you? Is the craziest ship that ever happened? One? Are you sure you want another?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 2: Like? We just Noah. We was on tour and.
Speaker 5: I was on my tour bus and we noticed there was a car following us from like one city to the next.
Speaker 2: So we're talking a three hour ride.
Speaker 5: So after the first thirty forty five minutes, we're like, yo, this fucking is one hundred percent following us. So we pull over and it's a whole fucking family that gets out talking about father, mother, and kids. They are the ultimate lud Chris fans, and they're following us to the next city, and we were like, what I.
Speaker 2: Want, race, We're race. This is a game. Yes, from the Mountains of Caucasian twenty million records. I love it, I love you.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that was probably the craziest ship that ever happened. We had to make them stop following us. Where you have a wrapped bus? Is this weather following the Well, we have a bunch of buses. The wrapped one was not the one that I was on. Put it that way, but obviously they knew.
Speaker 2: I figured out which buss, figured.
Speaker 5: Out I was on that fucking bus.
Speaker 4: So I mean, luder Man, your career is just phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you, bro? When is it? When is the time?
Speaker 4: Because I know, for my own personal experience, sometimes I still don't think I've made it right off field, don't feel like I got to the.
Speaker 2: Level where I want to get.
Speaker 4: But there's so many people in this world that says, oh, man, when was the time that you felt like, man, I'm here, like I can't be man.
Speaker 2: It was it was two different times.
Speaker 5: So one, like I told you, I used to work in that radio station, and they never had us on contracts because I was myself and a guy by the name of cun Daddy were the youngest, the youngest guys at the radio station DC.
Speaker 2: Now, no, no, not that, not that. OK.
Speaker 5: So we were the youngest people at the station, so basically everybody else had contracts at least year contracts. So me and him, I'm like, again, I'm eighteen, so I'm young as hell. I don't know shit. I'm just out here having fun, making making more money than I've seen hosting clubs. So since they didn't have us on a contract, you know, we were in fear of losing our jobs every day because we were live wise. We were doing stupid shit at that radio station, things that you would get fired for immediately.
Speaker 2: Shock jock type shit. Well you're like, fine, shock jockshit.
Speaker 4: Shock jock is like doing something that you know, oh you.
Speaker 5: Talk about against the competitors. Suggest No, I'm talking about just stupid young shit, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, smoking weed and the limit, almost burning the goddamn car down on top of shit.
Speaker 5: So yeah, oh yeah, yeah. The crazy shit is that at the end of the day when I was when once your fantasy came out. So I had an independent Wait, so what talking about? Talk about what's your fantasy? Came up while you at the radio station.
Speaker 2: That's Derry, I'll cut you.
Speaker 5: So the whole story goes, I'm at this station and I'm making these you know, little hundreds of dollars here and there while I'm hosting these clubs. So I built up enough money to where I had about five to ten thousand dollars, where I put all that money back into my own album. So I'm paying for all my record and all my mix and all my mastering. And this is a time when vinyl was still out, So I pressed this whole fucking CD together and I had the vinyl and everything, and then I distributed independently, even though first you kind of sell the shit out to trunk and there was an independent distributor in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: So once I started put I put the shit out.
Speaker 5: But the craziest, most dynamic, strategic part about this whole.
Speaker 2: Plan is in radio.
Speaker 5: As you know, as time goes on, everybody at radio they moved a different city, so a lot of people don't stay in one particular slot in one city at the time. So during that three to four years that I told you, I was up there trying to get put on as ludicrous and then it eventually had to invest in myself. I had a lot of friends in different places that had dispersed all around the country, so I literally told them, yo, I got this single.
Speaker 2: It's called What's Your Fantasy?
Speaker 5: Just give it a fucking try on your station, other stations, my friend so I had a network, but it was all it was all a plan, so they started playing it. The ship gets instant reaction, obviously, instant reaction on there on their channels. So once the shit started to blow up.
Speaker 2: And yes, spins, which is what's giving me.
Speaker 5: We had like eight hundred bdspins on our independent artists, which was unfucking heard of. So this is when all the labels started calling me. Before I get to that, we motherfucker started calling my cell phone. Don't even know how to fuck they got my cell phone. I'm talking about CEO at every goddamn label, and you know, that's another story for another day. But ended up signing with Death Jam and they sent me my contract, and I remember being on air and all those times that this station made me feel like I could get fired every fucking day. Signing my contract while I was still on the air, and that being one of the best fucking days of my life, knowing that I didn't tell them to go fuck themselves and nothing the radio.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: I just literally after I signed that contract with him and said, hey, I probably won't be.
Speaker 2: Working here anymore.
Speaker 4: I just letting y'all know, I'm gonna put my two weeks in okay, in two weeks of life.
Speaker 2: But how.
Speaker 5: You no symbolic as fuck? So the crazy shit is, you know DJ Gregg Street. Greg Street was my competitor, So he's on this other station that you everything you do is competing against the other station, and we were on the same time slide, which is six to ten. So the moment when us your fantasy started gaining traction and I'm on the air the same as him, and this motherfucker started playing What's your Fantasy? Somebody text me and was like, yo, Greg Street is playing your song right now. I said, I'm not I'm not believing that shit. So were on commercial break. I turned to this motherfucker station and I hear my song on the competitors station and I was like, that's quick. I fucking made it one of the best days of my life. So all that in one you can it. That's the first time time. Okay, number two is gonna be me winning that rap album Best Rap Album at the Grammys. So this was probably a good ten years later, every time I went to the Grammys, I'm in the category with Eminem and Jah Rule and these motherfuckers were killing this shit. Jay z dmx Luda's huge artists. But when it comes to these motherfuckers, I'm losing every motherfucking award right yet.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 5: So I come around and finally, man, I make this album released Therapy Bro, and I went on there and I was like, man, I'm making this fucking album and I'm going to win Best Rap Album for this shit.
Speaker 2: I don't care what happens.
Speaker 5: I'm specifically going in writing this shit, making it the way it needs to be. And when they called my fucking name, Bro, I was like, that was that did it for me? Because you know, all the years, it was like over a decade of loss and then finally getting that recognition and then Best Rap Album at that which you already know as hard as fucking and they weren't really giving the rap category what they needed and then a funny story to that. I know Shaka gonna laugh at this shit because I was so passionate. After I got that award, I went backstage and at this time, they had all the artists separated by curtains, so motherfuckers weren't in specific rooms.
Speaker 2: I say that to say, I get back and I'm like, yeah, fuck yeah, I made it. I did it. I won.
Speaker 5: I literally set out this album to make it get a Grammy and I got it. And all of a sudden, I hear this voice from the other room, on the other side of the curtain, and the motherfucker's like, shut.
Speaker 2: The fuck up, man, some of us didn't win any Like, who the fuck is that I pulled the curtain back?
Speaker 5: This nigga justin Timberlake is on the other side of that motherfucker that niggas just.
Speaker 2: Shut the fuck up. Some of us didn't win, and he got the Grammed this year. What the fuck that nigga justin Gangster bro Holy, that's crazy. And you know what, I'm gonna say something else.
Speaker 5: We talked about t I earlier, and like all the ship that we've been through, something that I do respect of all the ship that we've been through that same setting, within that same timeframe as me winning because he was in the same category. He came up to me and said, congratulate, look me in my eye, gave his hand and said congratulations.
Speaker 2: That's some hard ship for a nigga to do. So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We talked all the ship that we had that was negativity. That's something I want everybody to know that was positive.
Speaker 4: As fun and I respect that because we asked him about you on the same show and he kind of had the same sentiment. Let's give some flowers, get some flowers, get some flowers, and be honest with you. From the beginning of our show. We want to give you these flowers. Who wanted to tell you how great you are?
Speaker 2: You you he's been a year one request. We've been year one.
Speaker 6: Request in the quarantine episode, but that didn't count.
Speaker 2: But let me just say that that means the world you have you have. Let me tell you who you are as an artist.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm gonna tell you who I was, a person, but who you.
Speaker 2: Are as an artist? You have that unique of fitting. Let's let's just make the lord to the flower lady for you.
Speaker 4: You're the first one to get the flowers in a breech a new iteration casey.
Speaker 2: Because there's people. But let me tell you who you are. Let me tell you who you are. Tell me about myself. Mother, let's go. I want to hear. There isn't There.
Speaker 4: Isn't another artist who can fit in a gangster genre and kind of like a backpack genre and kind of like a top forty genre and kind of like any genre and kind of fit there.
Speaker 2: You know how you like? That's love?
Speaker 4: He's You're a rappers, rapper, That's what it is. Really a rest yes coming from that means the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just being honest with you.
Speaker 2: You can more into anything you man.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if I said this earlier, but one of my biggest gripes with Pharrell was when I first got in the studio Forarrell, he was like, you have to embrace your character.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that leor was that Pharrell is Leo Farrell? No?
Speaker 4: But Pharrell was like no, but he really was like, you have to embrace your character. How buster embraces a character? And I didn't understand because I was like, I'm not a character, being who I am, and He's like it doesn't matter who you think you are, how the people perceive you, right, And I never embraced my character. And I felt like, from the moment i've seen you from what's your fantasy? I was like, this guy's embracing his character. He's doing exactly what for real. And by the way, throw them bows. I heard that beat, Ye, I heard about this. You gotta tell you what happened. I think the truth one year. For twenty one years, I've been kicking my ass and kicking myself in the ass. It was not for you, bro, crazy, it wasn't for you.
Speaker 2: You knew that it wasn't for me. It wasn't for you.
Speaker 4: It was I wouldn't have to go to the hospitality, wouldn't have Yeah, that wasn't for you. It was every time I see the video with you upside down, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, that's how I've heard the beat. I was upside down.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 5: Let me say, as you're giving me my flowers, I'm gonna tell you band from TV, that shit changed my life, my life.
Speaker 2: So anything, look, anything you're giving me right now. DNA helped mold me. Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: But let's talk about bowls. So the hospitality you in the studio. That's just after my Fantasy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is after and we had to literally turn the fucking album in like the day after.
Speaker 6: This is already Death, not the independent version of what you were putting out already.
Speaker 2: No, this is death version of Death. This is the first album.
Speaker 4: Fat Kevin, Fat Kevin.
Speaker 2: Let's just be clear. It two different Kevin's. Yes, I Love, I love all three.
Speaker 6: Rob Love is doing the mark I had just started started doing you just ca That's when I started doing Street Team. This is my first project that I worked as the regional form for South Florida Fantasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this project, Lucas project. You don't put the f N on.
Speaker 4: Look at that Doc Fresher passages you.
Speaker 2: Yes, So.
Speaker 4: You go to the studio and then all got this beat already playing.
Speaker 5: Farrell got the beat Man, and I'm like, believe it or not, Like I was saying earlier, sometimes you know what's a hit.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you were like, eh, I thought.
Speaker 4: It was cool when I first heard it, Or did he start doing like this? Yeah, of course you know for real?
Speaker 2: That shit. Sorry. So I go in the car, like this is where I write all my music. It's my car.
Speaker 5: I always I write all of my ship in a car. I love the fucking car. You got the surround sound. I get my own space, roll the window down. Producers do that too, with the beats they go in the car.
Speaker 2: Did they make it? Yeah, hundred percent.
Speaker 5: So I think maybe it took maybe forty five minutes to an hour. I had them verses. I went in there, did the ship. Still thought the song was cool. And then when everybody else heard that motherfucker, they was like.
Speaker 2: Are you fucking crazy? This is out of here. It was, And we was in Virginia, Virginia. We were in fucking book. Yeah. We was in Virginia at for Real Studio. Okay, okay, okay, I know this, yep. Hell yeah.
Speaker 5: So that's how that shit came about, man, And that's what that's what set it off, because what's your Fantasy was for the ladies obviously, and then once throdn Bulls came out, it was a rap that was like the record is crazy. That rounded everything out in terms of me being a new fucking artist, and it was it was a game changing.
Speaker 2: No you want you're a new artist, but you're on death Jam. Yeah to me.
Speaker 5: The first Southern artist signed to death Jam by the way, no other Southern artist, So it was all New York roster.
Speaker 2: Like you said, you read.
Speaker 4: This is what this is, this is what I.
Speaker 2: Want to I mean read from this.
Speaker 4: But because what's Scarface already the President? Nod you was already signed to death Jam, and then they made Scarface the President.
Speaker 5: I want to say it happened like signed damnit Okay, yeah, because it was you first, and then that's when they kind of like run in Scarface face. I think he was president. Like right before I got signed CO signed yep, so Kevin and Scarface. I was their first sign. Again, you had you had jay Z had joh, you had DMX, you got you, you got Meth, everybody whole roster New.
Speaker 2: York and I was first Southern artist.
Speaker 5: So we we was debate about, you know, whether this was the right label for us, because we was like, I don't know, if they don't.
Speaker 2: Know what to do with the Southern arm.
Speaker 6: You have felt dope because regardless any hip hop had, Death Jam is the mecca.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, cool Jay changed my life. You must have been like, man, I'm bad. That's That's the reason I'm here at this table today. That's the reason I wrap and I've told this motherfucker. He was there when I got the Hollywood Star. H just this this this year, so man, yeah yeah now ll cool yeah so depth jam. I was excited, but that was the only reservation as I was, I was the only Southern artist on that.
Speaker 2: But that ship worked out like a motherfucker. Hell yeah. Would you ever do a residency?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, we would love first presidency be in Vegas for sure.
Speaker 2: Residencies just announce it. I know, Found Blue just opened U.
Speaker 5: I currently have a deal in Vegas, So politically I'm not going to be able to tell you.
Speaker 2: That right now.
Speaker 5: But next time I'm on I got this won't be the last.
Speaker 2: Wherever you're the dealer is let's go. Let's do that now, lovers and friends.
Speaker 4: When I was on here, we were on the way coming here, a lot of people said they made a lot of babies to lovers and friends.
Speaker 5: That's a great thing. Ship Is that a great thing? That's a great thing. A lot of people make babies and what's your fantasy too? But y'all, no lovers and friends. We never shot a video for that ship ever. And this record is huge, But till this day, I just had a show last night. I got a show tonight. We always do Lovers and Friends and the whole crowd sings the whole damn song. But that's that's a special one right there.
Speaker 2: For sure. So where was you at? And Usher called you? And you called he called them.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. We were in Miami. Usher had a fucking show. It's funny. Tou shock the fuck with me about my memory, But I have the most selective memory. When you asked me, that ship came to me immediately. Me and John showed up for Usher's show down here in Miami. John singles Little John, Oh Little Johns.
Speaker 2: John produced the.
Speaker 5: Record John Recordkay's actually Little John's record. So we came to his show and this Nigga ushers like, Nigga got another one. I got another one for us. I was like, word, let me hear the ship. So before he goes on stage, they let me hear it. I'm like, we're out of here again. On a whole other level, Yeah, fucking hunting something VPRs and Friends sixty something VP We out of here, Yeah, nah, man making history with them them too, man, some of the greatest brothers on earth.
Speaker 2: Bro for sure. God damn, this makes no noise. Listen, Thomas long, are we ready? All right? Jamie, are you ready? Quin Thomas? Everybody ready? Quick? Time of slide? You got it? The second one all right.
Speaker 4: By the way, could explain him the rules, and they were gonna tell you the two evil motherfuckers will make these quzzus.
Speaker 6: All right, we're gonna yeah, We're gonna give you two choices. You pick one, and then nobody drinks if you say both or neither of them. We drinking, Okay, so picking in that. I gotta drink too, Yeah, yeah, we drink. Yeah, I'm with you. Yeah, we're not gonna let you drink.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Good and by the way, we've been excited to have you here, brother appire. You can take a sip from your drink or take a shot whatever you like. We're gonna I'm gonna let me st okay, have shots okay, yeah, okay, No, we got homegirls's.
Speaker 2: That's Jamie. Yeah, yeah, that's Jamie. Yeah, I'm sorry. We got one girl here. Let her do a girl, one girl here, we do take a shot. Have income over here and take a shot.
Speaker 4: With Okay, we're gonna bring him in later. Yeah cool, all right, So yeah, you want to set it off.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 6: Gucci or Jeezy, and you could explain the stories to go with anybody. We mentioned both names because we want to just talk about different people, not in a batter negative wage.
Speaker 2: No to me, man, I love both of these guys.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm talking about the history that they've made, what they've done for the goddamn culture, but just personal on a personal level. In terms of who I probably listened to more, it would be Geezy.
Speaker 2: That's my guy.
Speaker 5: But man, Gucci, what that motherfucker has done for the man, for the street culture, No one in the like we talking about GZ and Gucci, But let's just say for Gucci, I don't think anyone has done for street culture what that motherfucker has done for street culture and hip hop here and his transformation here. When we did the men's health, they had me. I told I told them people they need to get Gucci. How to fuck y'all not gonna get Gucci. That motherfucker made the best transformation in.
Speaker 2: Hip hop period. Crazy and they thought it was a clone at one point, Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was clone.
Speaker 4: I remember that I played Coy clisident. I'll say, wait a minute, t I are two chains t I are two chains.
Speaker 5: You know, I would give credit where credit is due. When it comes to to to Tit, I call him Tit in terms of I think that something that people don't give him credit for is how different he tried. You know, he tries to be as opposed to doing what everybody else is doing. I really think he texts the time to make different caduses with his with his raps, you know what I'm saying. And I, as a rapper, you have to appreciate that. Not just going off from the norm because that's risky, but in that particular battle, I would I would go with.
Speaker 4: T I Yeah, out castle U.
Speaker 2: GK out castle U GK.
Speaker 4: God damn, just take a shot for the So just take a shot for the South.
Speaker 2: You make me take us out?
Speaker 4: I gotta answer, But I don't lead the witness.
Speaker 2: I'm leading the witness. I'm sorry, don't lead the witness.
Speaker 5: This is more a personal thing because both you GK and Outcasts have done so much for me. People don't realize the relationship that me and Pim C had. Man, he really did a lot behind the scenes. When I was first starting out, we had the song on my first album, Stick them up and that motherfucker is amazing, amazing, but outcast taking me on tour like with them and just everything they did, I'm gonna have to go with outcasts. And that's this is that. That was the hardest one of all the questions y'all have given me so far. I'm going I gotta go with you on your first tour. No they is that what I said? I went on that, you went on to them. I went on to it with them. That's what I said.
Speaker 2: That was your first tour?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, wait, what's that our first tour going on tour without cast? Yeah, my first time going on to an outcast.
Speaker 2: And this was the stink Oni intour.
Speaker 4: I saw that its flaws and just trying to act like it was nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got history, fly your Holy Morning eight ball m j G or three six mafia God damn.
Speaker 2: Now we're taking a drink. Take finally sold. Yeah, silent m hmm.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm talking about those motherfuckers. Both of those were the Bible, the Bible of life.
Speaker 2: Yes, my life, ship, next money, hold on, I'm recovering from that moment. That's what I wanted the verses to be.
Speaker 4: Ship Jesus Christmas balling MJ and three six Shauna or Trina, Shawna.
Speaker 2: Or know what I mean? You know, I'm gonna go with the whole team. I gotta go with Shawna on that. How'd y'all connect? Because she used to be in a group called Infamous Syndicate out of Chicago. They were signed to what was it Relativity? Yeah, they were signing to Relativity Records. And forgetting that check from Relativity because you don't w a nigga Relativity.
Speaker 4: I said, damn your only two niggas this whole motherfucker they got a Relativity.
Speaker 2: Check at that time. I got yall respect that go ahead? Yeah, so bad.
Speaker 5: But now I was saying, I just Shauna in terms of I think she's lyrically and just hadences and blows and how she's able to do shit. She's fucking incredible to me. And that's not to take away from any of Trina's catalog and what she's done for the culture as well, but just in terms of rapping, I gotta go with Shawna on that. And Shauna came from Infamous Syndicate, which we noticed her talent early on when she was in that group, and I was like, man, I gotta I gotta do something with that girl, crazy with it.
Speaker 4: Imagine how hot Chicago is se i'n you discover Shawna.
Speaker 2: Now right right? It almost like she was like ahead of her time. I'm gonna have to agree that's what.
Speaker 5: She's definitely ahead of her time, you know, And I don't think she really gets the respect she deserves. I got to go back and listen to that. Oh no, no, no, she's a beast, beast beast like going to play with drink champs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely, I'll tell her that she would definitely come on all right. Fast and Furious are too fast too furious?
Speaker 5: Which there's two called fast and furious. Youre talking about the very first, first one, the very first one. I mean, these guys wrote I'm just reading, but that's what they meant. They meant the first one. No, no, no, next one. This will let you know that I that I'm not a biased person just because I'm in a fucking movie. I'm gonna go with the first one over the ship that I'm in one. Yeah, I mean, that's love you, but think you for not coming to work that day, that's it's set. It's set the tone for the whole for the rest of the first sequels. So it's like, you know, how can you be mad at that?
Speaker 2: That's crazy? How that that has endured that series.
Speaker 5: But it's the people that's making it endure. It's the whole world, don't know.
Speaker 2: They love it.
Speaker 4: Nuts, craps. It's a co following facts eminem or Buster. Why y'all put those two together?
Speaker 2: Man ship.
Speaker 5: If it wasn't for Bust, I wouldn't be here. God damn, I'm taking the shots that.
Speaker 2: Damn. These are some tiny ass shots. By the way, it's a lot of.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of questions, trust me, it's a lot by design. By design. Then later on you be like, damn, y'all, y'all funk me up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you. Yeah, y'a don't want no lawsuits. I get it. I wouldn't be the one to see so you're too rich for that.
Speaker 5: Not as a jadakiss, A jadakiss made you look remix that I'm on with both of these mother buckers. Yes, yes, I'm gonna have to go listen. I'm only I'm only doing this because we I got virgos in the house. I gotta go with my Virgo brother man.
Speaker 2: And you know what.
Speaker 5: You know why I say that because I'm on to knock yourself out remix And I'm mad at Jadakiss for never.
Speaker 2: Putting that ship out that goddamn song like that.
Speaker 4: Like that the only reason I'm saying Nas right now, Jaya put that ship out. Let me stop right now, because you also have a record with Nas and Jay and.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, one of the only artists that got a record with NAS. Yeah, doesn't have to join two of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was recent, right right right, I'm just saying it like that was like the Unicorn. Of course, how did you pull that off?
Speaker 2: Bro? I was literally, did you a lot of both of them? Absolutely not. I was cool with both of them.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be Yeah, that's like being at the right place at the right time and being cool with both of them one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Nas did his verse first and then Jay did his second, and I was like, and the song is called out do it.
Speaker 2: For hip hop? And if you ain't heard that ship incredible, you need to go stream this motherfucker right now. It's only on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dj djh Guru helped make it happen, and then DJ Premiere did the beat DJ Premiere and Bobs and jay Z come on listen bring.
Speaker 2: Don't get enough love for that. Yo, You got NAEs and jay Z on a premo beat and people don't even know that a lot of people know it, just like he said, that's one of his favorite ships. But they did fly under the radar.
Speaker 5: But we're saying it now on Drink Champs and you'll, motherfucker's got a lot of followers. So something tells me people about to go listen to you said, young Guru has something to do with it too, right, Young girl. Shout out to young girl for making it happen. Thank you, my guy.
Speaker 2: Kendrick Lamar, J Cole.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, listen, those are the two motherfuckers I love the most right now. They keep me inspired, They keep me inspired. Yeah, you can take that shot. I love both of them. So those are my picture.
Speaker 2: The class.
Speaker 4: Yeahs like Bulgarie put on a Bari lotion and I'm like, how are you doing right now with these drinks?
Speaker 2: You know when he stands up at any point, that's when you'll know. Listen, let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: You shaka your whole team, man, I'm sorry. I'm like, man, I really love you brothers. Man, you brothers are the same.
Speaker 2: You know you six six days older than me. You know that ship, so you'm a little homie. That's I like that Burgoh. I ain't gonna lie though.
Speaker 4: The unity that y'all show, uh, the longevity that ship is so beautiful. Man. Like when I seen because Shaka don't call nobody, you know. So when Shaka called me, I was like, holy ship.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I was doing. I was just like nigga. I was in the middle of something. I made sure I was sound this move.
Speaker 4: It's like, yo, we're pulling up. And it was so good to hear from him because he's such a good brother.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, y'all team is like so solid, bro.
Speaker 5: Just in case you didn't know, and not to not to cut you off, but twenty four years, no contract, never needed one.
Speaker 2: Whatever, twenty four repushing.
Speaker 5: Man, my fucking handshake, look at each other's eyes.
Speaker 2: This is what it's going to be. And we're riding and that's it.
Speaker 4: Unheard of in the music industry because it wasn't industry. Yeah, you know what I'm saying exactly. By the way, I want the young artists. Can you say that one time?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 5: Twenty four years, no contract, no management contract.
Speaker 2: I'm nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah still okay, yeah, good, relaxed, having a sentiment to morrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, tchupocket DMX Oh come on, you can't the fuck man? Why would you do that? Man? Dj E, Come take a shot with me. God damn. Now, y'all, y'all, y'all getting dirty now, man, we've been.
Speaker 4: Dirty, that dirty, We've been dirty. Yeah, come on, m hmm, then help trust me at Aliens, a Crimini.
Speaker 5: At Aliens or a Crimini. I'm gonna go with a Cumini, just because I love at Aliens with a Cumini. There were some records on there that was just like, let's put it this way. I think Andre three thousand was spassing on at Alien, but he's spas on a whole other fucking level on a Quimini. Go back and listen to that ship. You'll see what I'm talking about. Hen did his thing on the Flu album too.
Speaker 2: I thought the Flu album was kind of album we need that.
Speaker 4: One of the beats and then Joe Butden just them.
Speaker 6: I was like, I wanted to rhyme on one of the beats, and I was like I said that though before said watched hip hop samples and make it more hip hop than anything else.
Speaker 2: Somebody already did that ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah yep, and they didn't. They didn't like Loupa.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear that according to Joe, Buten, this is what come on, man, I'm sorry, Damn, it's a lot for joking the podcast. I'm like Kanye Pharrell on a production tip on whatever tip. God Damn, that's.
Speaker 5: A hard one too, bro, two totally different styles in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Fuck Kanye or Pharrell. Come back to me on that one too. That's the best coming back to me.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy is like that the catalog that they have is it's so extensive.
Speaker 5: That you can't you can't like that. That ain't no ship that you need to hurry up it.
Speaker 6: But they are kind of totally different people, even though they have a lot of similarities. Yeah, let's go to the next one. Yeah, l COOJ or Big Daddy came I just.
Speaker 5: Told you ll cool J is like the holy Grail with it because if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't rap. And I've seen Big Daddy Camee a couple of times over this hip hop fifty year and I've told him how.
Speaker 2: Much he meant to me. But if I had to rock the bell, they're doing still smooth, too big daddy, So I'll be trying to get him out of characters. You can't because that.
Speaker 5: Is his character that's operated, that gets done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Real, So Metro Booming or zatoven.
Speaker 5: Man they told in that motherfucker is a guru on that goddamn piano man. Both of them extremely talented. If I had to choose one, I'm gonna go with Metro Man On a production.
Speaker 2: Tip, Organized Noise or Beast by the Pound.
Speaker 5: I was about to say, you can stop there, organized noise once again, Like that's when it comes to production, organized fucking noise. They need more acclaim. They was, man, just go back and listen to any of that outcasts. You know, Goodie Mobs, Cool Breeze started a whole movie Dungeon Family. But when you listen to that production, it didn't sound like any fucking thing that was out and they.
Speaker 6: Changed it per artists, like it's like their their sound for each group and artists was different one.
Speaker 2: So I got to go with organized Noise on that for sure. Yes's how I thiggers get together real good. I see that, I see what's going on, what's going on? To watch it.
Speaker 4: I'm watching a little Baby or dub Baby, two different styles right there as well.
Speaker 2: Ship. A lot of people say dub Baby is the new Louda.
Speaker 5: No, I've heard those comparisons, and I've seen him in person, man, and he's such a talented dude. Man, motherfucker directing his own videos. And yeah, that's what we always thought you did. Yeah, yeah, I mean to a degree, I still do. But I just told him how proud I was of him. And when I look at what he's doing, you know, he did mention me before. He said that I inspired him to do some of the videos he's done. So just because of that, I love Little Baby. But let's go with the baby because hell yeah, they got on or Donald mar nigga, how many of these do we have?
Speaker 2: We shot? Oh gotcha? Okay, that's right. Entago and Donald Mars both in faster for Otago or Don Man. That's a take a shot. Yeah, we said shot, take a shot. This ship got yeah, but I don't have it. I ain't got a shot. Yeah, no, no, no, Jamie, Jamie got yours. Jamie. You know Jamie at l as well, she's atl atl. Yeah. Yeah, you're telling me that I'm gonna take a shot. Yeahs dam.
Speaker 4: Is that the difference between I know we in quick time with Slane, we're kind of like making music and movies. A lot of the times when I made a movie, I made bout seven to like nine to twelve something like that, throttle cameos, but.
Speaker 2: I had to do physicals. I had to do all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't have to do that when I make an album. Is that the difference.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of differences, but that's definitely one of them. We can do whatever the fuck we want. We don't take drugs and shit like that. As rappers, you know, it's the most freedom. And you know what, I'm glad you asked that because people would think, like, what's the better job to have? Sometimes when you a list movie star, you get the huge bucks and you get millions and millions of dollars, right, Some rappers don't necessarily make that in that short amount of time. But the crazy thing about what I see that movie stars envy about rappers and entertainers is the fucking freedom that comes along with what we do and that you can't put a price on that shit. So my number one job in the world, and I feel like everyone should aspire or what they aspire to if they want to be in the music industry is to be is to have that freedom.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you how many times, Lula, and I'm not I'm gonna be very careful of what I'm about to say. How many times I hung out with basketball players, football players.
Speaker 2: Those, for h.
Speaker 4: I don't hang out no soccer players, baseball players players, and these motherfuckers get high as fuck, and I'm really good, but.
Speaker 2: They they're hiding it. That's where he's going. Hold on, why the buck? Did I just have days out of wood right now? Like this is the first time on drink SAPs him just saying that to me about basketball players getting high as fuck? That moment I've seen and heard this ship before. This is the first. What the fuck?
Speaker 4: I'm just.
Speaker 2: I would be looking at you. It's true, though, I'll be.
Speaker 4: Looking at them like you know, I don't got to see Roger Goodell.
Speaker 2: Simmons is not coming to see me. Give a fuck. Damn. These guys will go in right.
Speaker 4: And then they got to play on Sunday and I watch and I said, he didn't make a sack at all.
Speaker 2: Why did he get hir with me? Yo was Yo, you're going a little too far.
Speaker 4: I go to the studio. My verse is still okay. Yo, He's gonna kill me for saying this story. I'm gonna say this, real fast hung out with one, real fast hung over a baseball player's chilling. This motherfucker gets bit and I'll get bit. But my crib is right there. I'm like, I know I could go to meet.
Speaker 2: I go to Stevie. He wakes up the next day. I turned on the vision. He strikes out everything yore like. So I'm sorry, athlete, you gotta relax.
Speaker 5: I had to me some similar experiences. So you're telling the truth, Like I said, Day's I bro, that's real okay.
Speaker 2: Next one, yeah, man, oh man.
Speaker 6: Hustling floor or what the fuck did y'all? Oh hustling flowing crash or crash.
Speaker 5: Crash man crash hustling flow? Is that both of those are classics.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 5: Just the experience that I had, thank you with going to the Academy Awards and that ship winning when nobody thought it was going to do that and it was an independent shot movie, and that that ship is everything to me. That damn Crash movie. To have that on my resume is that was first, right, Crash was the first crash all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you picked Crash, but Terrace Howard just did a interview, yeah, talking about how he didn't get paid for hustling Flow like you know, he said, got fifteen thousand, No fifteen, say four thousand.
Speaker 5: That's fucked up because you got got paid like a mother but s sorry, damn, that's my nigga.
Speaker 2: He's dealing with different He's getting four thousand dollars only. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I mean I don't know anything about that, but I heard it. I heard him say that that's crazy. That is crazy, one hundred percent. That's why you got shock on your time. Absolutely make that type of deal. Go ahead, right, the source or double XEL, the Source or double XCEL. I'm gonna have to go with the source just because I got a source award that my fucking career. I don't think I have a double XL award.
Speaker 2: It was the original. Yeah, I gotta go with gotta go with the sorce. Yeah. Now you're just making up ship now what you do, I'm not problem, It's all good. I'm fucking with you. Vin Diesel or the Rock. Vin Di's a little rock.
Speaker 5: I would only say Ben Ben started the franchise when it comes to fast, But man, both of them motherfuckers are some of the most disciplined individuals I know when it comes to whatever they put their mind to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then ty Reese and the Rock worked the shout out.
Speaker 2: They did work that ship out. That's real, all right, go ahead, metha. Red Man.
Speaker 5: People used to say I was a down south red Man. I love Red and I just saw him recently at the same place I saw you at the Leo Corn event, and I was just giving them as praises. Man, and I've had moments and some history with both of them. But in terms of just who influenced me more, I would have to go with Redman, alright, Rick Ross and Trick Daddy Rick Ross. But I would say without Trick Daddy, Rick Ross wouldn't be here, which is very difficult to choose between those two.
Speaker 2: God damn.
Speaker 5: But I mean, just in terms of when I'm listening to all of the catalogs, I would go with Ross on that one. But thank you Trick for even allowing Ross to.
Speaker 2: You know, to do what he did. And in the beginning, he's the man. He put him on. I think he put him on the record.
Speaker 4: And Tuck got his teeth done to This makes no noise for that.
Speaker 2: Only you would do that, the nigga. They got his goal.
Speaker 4: Love go to the parents teaching night. Now, I'm not sure go to DJ Calendar, DJ Drama, DJ Kalid or DJ Drama both my niggas. Drama is looking at this very close. Oh no, for sure, he's gonna text you.
Speaker 5: I love drama, but I have this record that no matter where I go called, all I do is win, I do it every goddamn show. So as much as I love Drama, I gotta go to calid on this because.
Speaker 2: Real, yeah, this is a difficult one. Scarface of ice que fuck man. Shot.
Speaker 5: God Damn, that's a hard one. You know what, I'm gonna take the shot, but I am gonna say scar faced on that. I'm still I'm still telling I'm take the shot because.
Speaker 2: I want to take a shot. You want to explain why you why you went back on both of.
Speaker 5: Those man, both of those artists are so amazing. Both of those artists to me are like like you say, artist artists. Everybody has pretty much set their tone or been influenced by those two motherfuckers in some way, shape or form, iceq. What he did for the West Coast and all of the industry and what Scarface did for the South and all of the industry.
Speaker 2: Both being very lyrical, both being extremely lyrical.
Speaker 5: But I think my heart is closer to Scarface, which is why I chose got it face. You play golf, man, we were just talking about this ship. I don't have the patience yet. Man, I'm gonna get there.
Speaker 2: I want.
Speaker 5: I can't fuck y'all golf niggas. I don't have the patience yet. Man, I'm getting there though.
Speaker 2: His face that good at golf.
Speaker 4: Face is good again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I didn't know. I have no idea the niggas that good. Yeah, he's seriously got Next.
Speaker 4: Night, Timberling and Swiss Beats, Oh fuck man, both my brothers. Those are both my brothers.
Speaker 5: If they are friends in the industry, and I have very few, like when you talk about real shit, those are both my friends. But uh, it was no secret when I had my verses I was given praises. I feel like, to me, Timberland is the best producer of our time. That's just my opinion, And I know people will beg to different, But when you go back and listen to his beats and you think about, like how he structured snares and kicks and eighto eights and the bounces and are peggiating, and it's completely out of the norm again of what anyone else is doing. And I just feel like he puts so much into it and Swiss making history on a whole.
Speaker 2: Other level for what he does.
Speaker 5: But personally, I gotta go with Timbling and you don't go back to the free as well, Like the fact that he can go between both is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah as well.
Speaker 5: And if we go back to the Pharal and Kanye joint, just based off the word influence, they both have major influence on a lot, but I feel like I'm gonna have to say, Kanye in terms of influencing, we're going back to the other one.
Speaker 2: Just came back to want to make sure that you're going back to be going back to nobody there. We're gonna regardless, Yeah, but go ahead, you good. It was Kunye for what happened when you say.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I mean that's that's probably the hardest, the hardest fucking question.
Speaker 2: I love both of them, made records with both of them.
Speaker 5: In terms of influence of not only certain rappers and production, I would go with Kanye for Real mostly production, and by the way, for some of for Real's verses and some of the hardest fucking verses in hip ho. Make a mentioned to that, by the way, because do it every now and he's take a shot.
Speaker 2: It's all good. Everybody take a shot. He confused everybody.
Speaker 5: I think these are moments where it's like you talk about some ship that not a lot of people are talking about that. Nigga for real got some verses in this hip hop game.
Speaker 2: We've got some part ass versus like he against the rapper.
Speaker 5: On So I would say on that one, I would go with Kanye Cool analog or digital.
Speaker 2: Analog, Man, analog, I gotta go analog before he don't know, you don't, don't relax, you got you can't you know where you're gonna go. You let's go there? Why why analog before he says, because.
Speaker 6: I'm not even gonna make sure you're not wrong. But versus white. Analogue is weird, not weird, but it's not weird. It's no weird because it's just not analog.
Speaker 5: Digital is trying to emulate what analog does. Analog there's ones and twos, there's electricity flowing through analog, and there's separation. Now, not to say that digital is trying to do that, but it has not done that yet. Hasn't done that yet. You can't, there's not You cannot emulate analog. There's nothing you can do. There's circuitry, there's energy. It picks up the energy in the fucking room. Digital doesn't do that.
Speaker 2: No contact. You said you're gonna say that, Get the fuck.
Speaker 4: No. What I was gonna say was yes, it's actually he said, you're not gonna say the electricity.
Speaker 2: Of the monologue two point five. Say. What I'm trying to.
Speaker 4: Say is when you listen to music in the nineties where we couldn't send but.
Speaker 2: That's the email man. We had to be in a two inch rail. We had the little everything, little people with the rail.
Speaker 4: It's legit as a rail, little people as a rail to bring up to sound on sound to write track studio and Lula couldn't send me his verse.
Speaker 2: He had to be in the same exact studio with me.
Speaker 4: That's why analog is this ship is because I can he's saying.
Speaker 2: The person, the person, which is true. That's the same. It is the best.
Speaker 4: The reason why you said you look, you look look at some of these dude dues records. You're like, you could tell he was in Utah. This nigga, you got Utah and people in Utah right now he was one niggas in Utah and all the niggas in Kasstan bor Rack and this niggas he's being with the cow and bells and ship. You can hit the bells, the and the You're like, You're like, this is too fucking.
Speaker 2: I know I would have fun when I came. I know I have this much God damn. But this is.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is analog. That's the reason why analog. I just want to help iterate what he was just saying. You're not iterating anything he said. You're giving your point, which is valid, one hundred mad valid.
Speaker 2: My point is fire. But I say this, he has nothing to do with analog.
Speaker 4: That's the reason why I felt like you analogue is because we had to be there like, Meier sending you a beat is totally different from for man making that.
Speaker 2: Big in your face.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's analog. That's the reason why I felt like you picked it. And this part of the just here part of the By the way.
Speaker 2: Ludacris is the only nigga to come here and pick his hair. Drink chat that.
Speaker 4: Jamie sitting around, and Jamie was like, listen, Jamie's a bartender. And Jamie said, you know what, I've been in Atlanta long enough.
Speaker 2: I can do this.
Speaker 4: He's like, I'm a hair tender too. She said, I could be a hair tender too. And guess what we had? Uh you MTV raps of Rap City.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, uh rap City because man, did you did you see them Ludacris in the booth?
Speaker 2: Rap City? B got we got it, we got you See, I could pull it up. This nigga been doing our interview the hold down.
Speaker 6: You got it?
Speaker 7: You got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in a good chat. Was eighteen the radio.
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 2: It's in a good chat, good good dream cham sports. I see some pools ain't smart because they going against me. I've been rapping on a whole nothing level past the league. You could ask read enough I ripples.
Speaker 5: As long as my clicks fitted my Cadillac truck.
Speaker 2: It's lower than six mines.
Speaker 4: It's what it cost me six digits your eye out.
Speaker 5: And play football with it. Girls, see me the hall hard so much money. I'm trying to buy a college call.
Speaker 2: I don't need payola as long as my eyes that rather than crayola.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you something. We keep going with the quick Time, but have you ever felt nothing quick about quick Time? Hour?
Speaker 2: Doing quick Time? Y'all need to change the name of that ships.
Speaker 6: But have you ever felt that you never got your just due as a lyricist? Have you ever felt that way?
Speaker 5: I hear people say that, and to a degree, but when I said those moments like me winning best Rap album for you know what I mean, which doesn't happen often, you can, you feel like there's a certain amount of people that do feel that way. And I feel like the real Luda fans they you know, they do feel like I get.
Speaker 6: I get you could wing your best rap album, but you know, like being the lyricists like the Nazes and this, have you ever felt that you didn't get that from that world?
Speaker 2: Like the pure purest hip hop side to a degree.
Speaker 5: But I guess what I'm saying is as time passes and these things are standing the test of time and people are going back and listening to.
Speaker 2: Shit and the repetition of it, they're starting to say wow.
Speaker 5: Like so there have been times where people like, oh, he don't get the lyrical recognition he deserved. But these things keep circulating and getting the people's faces and all the shit different shit that I did. And so when people are reminded of that, then it kind of like it makes them remember what the fuck that we got going on and what we've done in the past and the whole you know, the catalog, the history everything.
Speaker 2: Because You've always been a pure lyricist as far as I'm concerned, Thank you, man, And that's what I set out to do for sure. And again we're gonna get back into quick time, slow time. But who were your inspiration's lyricists? Man? I had so many, but I think.
Speaker 5: Definitely, like red Man I said, ll cool J made me want to rap, definitely outcast. I definitely want to say. Common Sense is another motherfucker. I love that first Common Sense album absolutely. So that's just the name a few, A little one, that shaped and molded me.
Speaker 2: That's fine. The next one, Oh, you don't got no quick time of today is just me and my phone. Huh, I get, I get, It's okay. It's okay with me. It's okay. I told you a long time ago. Yeah, cash money or no limit. Damn fuck y'all cheers movements right there they are? Ship. Do you want to say anything about them?
Speaker 5: I mean, ship, I'll be talking for days about the impact that they made. Man, I've never been like at a loss for words because it's so much I want to say, But this will be the first time. It's so much I want to say about that. Like that's a whole other drink stand We're gonna need to hold another hour. But like just giving them praises on what they did, like from an independent standpoint, to independent labels that changed the whole fucking music industry peer.
Speaker 2: And for the South in general, like absolute landscape of the industry.
Speaker 5: Whole landscape of the industry. And I know I already took my shot that might be the only nigga to do this. Answer the question after, but let's go because of the longevity, I'm gonna go with cash money.
Speaker 2: But I'm cool. I already took the goddamn shot. All right, you gave them both props, and then.
Speaker 5: I'm just being just being real, just being truthful, even Missy, even Missy well only because earlier y'all heard me say there's definitely some Missy influence. Missy has had me on like four records. Just from a standpoint of working more with Missy because Eve has done some incredible things. I'm gonna go with Missy on this one.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 2: God your Juicy J. God to Juicy J. Why did y'all put those two together?
Speaker 4: Look at this because the Dominican over there, Yeah, they don't even know why they put it together just because they're both from Memphis.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, bro.
Speaker 4: I'm like, and they don't even know why because from medicine the correlation.
Speaker 5: So you said that, I mean, I love your guy. I think what that motherfucker is doing with his label is amazing. Man, he need to give you one of the best part of CEOs. But Juicy J was a part of my history and records that we've done together. One of my favorite verses of all time is that this bitch that hole with Project Pat and because of our history I'm gonna go with project with you.
Speaker 2: Before we go on to the next question. Is that something that you.
Speaker 4: Something that I received being an artist CEO, sometimes the opportunity to present itself, to present itself for the crew, present itself.
Speaker 2: For the individual, present itself for me.
Speaker 4: And it's always been kind of like, uh, turmoil because always when I've had the opportunity, it's always leaned towards me as the artist right to do that.
Speaker 2: Is that something that you ever endured?
Speaker 5: I think everybody that's a boss endures that. Like, think about it, no matter where you at, you've got a job, whoever your boss is, and how many times have you criticized your boss. Some bosses deserve to be criticized for the wrong shit, but a lot of them are criticized because they're just trying.
Speaker 2: To do what's best for the fucking company company in fact, so they're gonna be you know.
Speaker 5: But at the end of the day, no matter what I did, I guarantee you I gave everybody opportunity.
Speaker 2: I always stood on business.
Speaker 5: Nobody can say any of that shit when you talk about facts and doing the best that I could for every single person fighting at depth jam to get marketing, budgets and everything.
Speaker 2: Right, there was a time we had.
Speaker 5: Fifteen different fucking artists, and so I'm getting pulled left and right doing everything, get on niggas mixtapes when they asked me to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm charging two hundred and fifty thousand a fucking verse at this time.
Speaker 5: Of course, I'm gonna do this shit for free mixtapes. Whatever you need, what you need here doing everything. So, yes, I'm gonna get criticized, But like I said earlier, I'm okay with taking these jabs.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: That's what we do as bosses. You're gonna get criticized. That's that comes with the fucking territory, you know what I mean. But listen, I can take it. I'm here, I'm good, don't worry about it. But when I decided the jab back, just don't get bad that Virgo.
Speaker 8: Ship right there, go ahead? Yeah or n w A man, y'all motherfuckers. Man, this is my favorite question of all time. I don't even think that question should be set up. You don't ask everybody this ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually did that one? Yes, Yes, I actually loved that. And I never agree with that set up to be honest, I don't know. I don't either, but that's a good that's such a good ask question. That's such a good question. There's no way I can choose between those two, like two different coaches that like did the impact that both of the generation well this world, that impact of this world almost done.
Speaker 5: God damn shots out and took Just let y'all know, Yes, Nigga's over here stacking him up. Biz Marquis o dB. That's the most random fucking matchup in very similar you think about it. I thought about it, and I don't think that they love Bismarkey. I'm gonna go with od B on that one. Hell yeah, I did. I did a record for od BB. Was wold wild as fucked. I don't think there was. It didn't get wilder.
Speaker 2: OLDB definitely did up his nose and me a five. I was like, wait a minute, say it again again. He was like this, like, what's up? Like, damn nigga, od B. I think Mary had picking bookers, so he had a book. I'm saying you never picked his book and wow, I was like, damn nigga, hold up.
Speaker 4: Wow, best love damn death throat, bad Boy throw or bad Boy Damn.
Speaker 5: That's another hard one, man, those catalogs. But for me personally, I was a definitely notorious, big and everything bad boy fan. But it's something about Dre's production and the consistency of it with all of those artists and the sonics of what death Row did that I have to give the edge to death Row based on the production of Doctor motherfucking Dress. And so that's a hard one because there were different there was a hit man, you got a bunch of different productions way.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is, in terms of.
Speaker 5: Death Row, that was pretty much all over Doctor Dre's envelope in terms of what he did production wise and beat wise, I think that shit's unmatched. Dave Chappelle or Martin Lawrence A god damn love both of these guys. Man, Dave Chappelle or Martin Lawrence. Shit, shit, shit are we talking?
Speaker 2: Stand up?
Speaker 5: Are we talking? Are you talking about the television ship? We're talking about everything?
Speaker 2: Whatever? The fuck? Damn Chappelle, man, fuck, I tell you take a shot. I grew up on the Comedians. Man. Yes, we're almost done. Almost. That's all good, bro. I could take fifty more of these motherfuckers. We got fifty more. Let's got for sure.
Speaker 4: We actually got someone threw in another one in this one, Chila said to ask him that what I got?
Speaker 6: Go with it?
Speaker 2: But who's Chilah? You mean, Shaka?
Speaker 6: This guy's shot, He texted me, China, my aunt's name.
Speaker 4: Finish finished, creaky tiwn Slim bringing.
Speaker 2: About to say, Shaka, Jeff, what the are you about to do that? Fucked up? If you're about to do that, he.
Speaker 6: Find in a question. He said that Chaka, but he said Chi to the Cuban old lady man, that's not that's not Chaka bro. Podcast of radio. I came from radio, man, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: From radio?
Speaker 5: I got no disrespect to drink Champs and y'all, y'all little podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like.
Speaker 5: You know what ever somebody say little they hating like them up, shout the podcast out of the right there.
Speaker 4: Right for sure, No, no hold up, we're going to hold that because we got more questions that came after this. Okay, So Shaka asked Cameron Verse or Sierra over overse.
Speaker 2: I know what you mean.
Speaker 5: I was on what means the world to me? That that remix? I was on Cameron's remix. You're talking about the Sierra Verse. If I had to choose between knows, I gotta go with that Sierra Verse. That's somethings that I'll get wild. Those school's coming down in a different color. Whib wib wib picture of perfect.
Speaker 2: You might want to take a click click click click click. Call up Jazzy telling that ship right there. I gotta go with that. That what's the world to mes? Versus stupid too?
Speaker 4: But you recently picked up Camra Absolutely what was that complex?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the fire rock with that song right there, That verse he got on there one of my favorite verses in hip hop.
Speaker 2: Oh that was, Yeah, that was That was versus. That was so dope.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, a person of your stature to like say things like that, it's like, so dope. It makes you so much of a doper person to give your flowers to someone.
Speaker 2: Else and he's just being honest. That's the thing. That's one of my favorite fucking verses. Go back and listen to that verse. Now, the way you broke it down, I'm like, God damn that versus.
Speaker 5: And I'm glad that I did that because that verse go over a lot of people's heads.
Speaker 4: He killed that ship and shout out to Cam and Mace killed, got kill shut out.
Speaker 2: So all right, we got two more. It's all good. Future twenty one savage. Damn, that's a hard one.
Speaker 4: Too many hope for these motherfuckers letting this can't choose. You know, we stick together drinking, they stick together. It all good, all right, No, we'll do the last one, you know, the last one. This is the only time I feel like.
Speaker 2: It should. It's not a trick question. It's never been a trick. Trick TwixT never been. It's loyalty or respect. Oh man.
Speaker 5: I heard somebody say something real profound about that before loyalty and respect, because if you respect somebody, loyal shit, I'm gonna have to go with respect.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: It's crazy as it sounds because most people would say loyalty, but you got to really go to the definition of loyalty and the real definition of respect.
Speaker 5: Because the ship that me and t I went through, there was no loyalty, but there was respect.
Speaker 2: That's real, and so.
Speaker 5: Everything that we talked about in this industry, there are certain people that I thought was loyal to me, and I thought I was loyal to them and continue to stay loyal to them, but obviously they weren't loyal to me, and there is no more respect. So it's just I'm gonna have to go with respect for loyalty.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not. That was hall.
Speaker 6: Real.
Speaker 2: Ain't'm gonna take the shot any.
Speaker 4: Fucking good, good good, just ask you, did the bitch ever move?
Speaker 2: Let me white, let me wipe the sweat from my poone head on that. What does the inspiration bere he's not moves my halffro goods, my rog good. Whether this bitch bitch did she ever move? That bitch never moved, never moved never. I'm taking a shot.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 4: And me living from the South for sixteen years, I understand that I don't move. No, no, no, no, I understand that a bitch could be a guy or a woman. That's how y'all everything.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I hope he'll be a guy or a woman.
Speaker 4: Come on, yeah, yeah, I know that's different out here here so the bits, No, we're in the South.
Speaker 2: But I guess what, the comedian, how do you do this with this guy? Just be clean different?
Speaker 4: All these years you asked that bitch to move, I did, and that motherfucker never moved.
Speaker 5: Be honest, I don't want her to move. That ship is a fucking movement. As long as you don't move, people gonna continue to keep telling her to fucking move.
Speaker 2: The moment she moves, they might stop. We don't want to sing the song anymore. Come stay in her place?
Speaker 9: Shot?
Speaker 2: Watch me. I took my shot out, Jamie got down. Hold yeah ahead, take come on? How did you find that shot for him? Jamie? Double up for me? This mother got reserved shot, an extra clip of shots, and so she never moved. Now, she never moved, bro, But that is the.
Speaker 4: Most I don't want to say it like it's not angry song, but like if you need to pump yourself off, that's that started, marsh pits.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest. It was a still it's a month ship last night.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you we got to show in Miami, didn't that We had one in Tampa last night? That motherfucking song. Bro, I don't even have to say ship, you just hold the mic out to the crowd.
Speaker 2: How was that fair? If I'm the one getting paid and the crowd is the one.
Speaker 5: That paid, and these motherfuckers are saying to stand there, that's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: I just standing there is.
Speaker 5: Record of all time, create record of Okay, kel C made this right, yeah, yeah, yeah, back.
Speaker 2: It's Beats by the Pound right living Yeah. I didn't know that beat Spider hip hop too. I don't know if you know that. I did not know that. I ain't Google that or nothing. I bet you did google because google.
Speaker 9: Yeah no, no, no, because I couldn't get a kiss. No, that's amazing you wanted one at that time. I'm prior before now.
Speaker 2: He was early on it. You was early on all those joints. I'm be honest.
Speaker 4: Cash Money and No Limit was the hardest people to get at at one point, both of them. It was No Limit first, and then master p that he had one line. I'm be honest, what people who really know this? It was one line's No Limit records and the same person will answer the phone. They were like hello, They're like we're gonna connect you, and it'd be the same dude answering the phone like yeah, master Piece gonna come up, like nigga, I know your voice. I got thirty thousand, but you can because I do that. They wouldn't fuck with me. So, but I'm gonna be honest. When Cash Money came, they were they were different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, I was at the radio station at this time. It was unheard of bro to be an independent, and the boxes jabowls and she was getting played on the radio independent. Yeah, and the units they moved, like you were saying, just in Texas and Louisiana alone, they didn't need nobody yet.
Speaker 2: I didn't need the same thing with No Limit.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, y'all saying, you're not saying that that No Limit didn't have that as well.
Speaker 2: I just but he I mean, okay, because No Limit was doing the same thing.
Speaker 4: But what I'm trying to say it was I guess they were ready for No Limit. They weren't ready for cash money. The cash money was a totally different type of thing. Like Puerto Ricans put me on the cash money, and that means that means that there's no Puerto Ricans would go fronts in the mouth. I know a lot of them now. No then, because it was out here. What the fuck I was in New York. There was no Porto Virican like we had frames.
Speaker 2: You're talking about people in New York telling you about cash money.
Speaker 4: No, I'm talking about cash money telling me about cash money. I'm talking about when I went to I Actually, this is how that's how I discover cash money.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean just there was a.
Speaker 4: Person on our label called Skullduggery CALLEDUG Records.
Speaker 2: It was on Penalty.
Speaker 4: Yes, we went to see skull Doug with the intentions to meet me.
Speaker 2: A ex.
Speaker 4: Met Skilkod Shaka. So do to meet Oh yeah, see murder to meet these guys.
Speaker 2: We had no luck. They were so.
Speaker 4: It was a different type of thing. That's the first time I seen mausoleums, the funeral that shit called the Great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: These motherfuckers out boom. Yeah, they couldn't put it underground. Yeah, sat there and there's Puerto Rican girls. She had gold fronts in her mouth.
Speaker 2: You think that's novel? Oh, let me finish. He messaged with you all the time.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful. And she said to me, you know, no limit is one thing you need to get on that cash man. And I went and that's how I discovered.
Speaker 2: You want to be hung.
Speaker 4: And I went Juvenile Record and I went to Angie Martine that show and I kept singing that ship and that's how jay Z got on Juvenile's record.
Speaker 2: And Juvenile Minute. What are you saying because of you. Of course it's cussing me.
Speaker 10: No, I didn't know this just to me, of course, juvenile me, hold on, hold up, juvenile said that baby did not know who jay Z was.
Speaker 4: I wanted that local. Okay, we never had this story legitimately said what you never said this story fully through them. I don't know how you put him onto him. You never said this story fully through. And I put jay Z on no no, no, no, Jaz got call on put onto him that I kind of went too far with.
Speaker 2: Went too far with that part.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is, you know what I'm saying is I went to New Orleans.
Speaker 2: To meet no limit.
Speaker 4: This Portbacan girl told me about cash money, and that's how I got put him in the cash money.
Speaker 2: And and the moral of the story is.
Speaker 4: The more water story. Was the first New York person to accept the South. David Banner will say it, Ludicrisian.
Speaker 2: Never should say everybody. I was the first should say it. I should say, when you sign this contract, I'm gonna take take a job. Let me tell you something, just something I gotta get.
Speaker 5: You can feel it in his heart, even if it's not just, it's true. No matter, don't know look at look at this look discography. Lil Wayne's first feature with Little called called Douggary. Little Wayne's first feature with a New York Artist's fine, it's who yeah, Okay, thanks, thanks.
Speaker 2: Dominicans in the back. I'm gonna keep going shan the verse. I keep going three six mafia. Okay, are we good? Okay? That was why we drink jamps. Okay, it's actually why we have drinks. I was the New York Miami people.
Speaker 4: I was the first new nigga coming to the South, and I was like, Okay, these niggas just got an accent.
Speaker 2: They just the same exact people as us. It just got an accent. But guess what I got action to y'all. Y'all you jogging my memory to this day. Somebody I'll say something, they'd be like, you're from New York. I'm in Dubai drinking herbigie.
Speaker 4: Yep, Guys, the biggest real estate guy in the world turns.
Speaker 2: To me and says, you're from New York. Of course, from New York.
Speaker 4: My accent is not going nowhere. But let's reiterate to what I'm saying. Let's get back to make it make sense. I was the first person to accept the South from juvenile to Lil Wayne to.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 4: I actually was the first person to throw money from New York in a strip club that was corny to us, Gentlemen's Club, players Club, all that shit was corner to us.
Speaker 2: That was wack to us. Through the money, Let's go, it was whack to us. Let me just tell you something. It was a It was a rule in New York.
Speaker 4: You don't take a ship in the strip club, you don't eat in the strip club, lap dances, and you don't get lap dances in the strip club. New York was militant, motherfuckers. I moved to Miami.
Speaker 2: I broke all three of those rules in the first three days.
Speaker 4: You ship in the first three days, I hate ship it, and you threw money, and I threw motherfucking money. I was just like, okay, okay, Toronto, all right. So the bitch never moved. We established that. Let's talk about money Maker with Pharral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, money Maker.
Speaker 5: That's a strip that's a strip club. And I got a Grammy for that too, just just the single. But yeah, yeah, in the same year strip club Grammys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I'm only saying that because, like all those years I was losing that yeared up you a thing. Yeah, but now again for real man, money maker. That ship right there went number one on the Billboard charts. It's still, you know, extremely relevant till this day. And man, I'm just thankful for Pharrell for giving me so many fucking hits and that's working together. And now I'm feeling bad that I chose Kanye over my brother Pharrell.
Speaker 2: God damn, like you want to reverse, I want to kind of ones who grab me with Kanye too. To be clear, you're not getting no more than Louis Exclusive.
Speaker 5: I know right, it's a rap. God damn, I'm fucking with you. No, but hold on, let's take a shot for fucking shot for something.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm over here drinking my drink.
Speaker 4: I don't even need the shott for sure.
Speaker 2: Cheers.
Speaker 4: Yeahs man, we got drinking over there. Bro, you want something of this, try it here.
Speaker 2: I don't mix my brother, not right now. That was a twenty year old luder. I'm drinking the same ship all.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Luda for being black black. Let me so many people come on this show and they'll they'll mix the drinks. I don't respect that fuck that I'm gonna stick to what the fuck I'm doing.
Speaker 5: Twenty days sober, and then this motherfucker is here, let's get right.
Speaker 2: Twenty days. So he's being funny, Okay, how Low? Yeah, I love I love holdok And he said say it one more time?
Speaker 5: T minus out in Toronto. He works with j Cole a lot.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: He produced that how Low, And at.
Speaker 5: That stage in my career, to make a statement with a new producer and come out with a fucking hit, it means something because you constantly have.
Speaker 2: To prove yourself over and over again.
Speaker 5: So motherfuckers like it's like, okay, if you ain't got a rail beater, if you ain't got a Kanye beater, if you ain't got a Timblin beat, and it's just come out the gate like that. It meant everything. And that shit went to the top of the charge too. So that was a moment. To this day, the women go low whenever we got damn performed and we like.
Speaker 2: To see it. It's a beautiful thing, for real, for real. I think he was missed noise for that. Why not? Why are you picking these particular records.
Speaker 4: I'm curious because I'm just working with she's a very particular guy with these records. Yes, and now I want to I want to go because we talked about fantasy earlier.
Speaker 2: But here's where I want to go making the record.
Speaker 4: Is this a record that you said to yourself, this is going to break me out into the mainstream, or this is a record I'm just making for the strip club.
Speaker 5: No, it's crazy you asked that because Organized Noise did the flip side of that, which was game got switched, And so it was between what's your Fantasy and game Got Switched? And I like, it was hard for me to choose, but I just felt like, what's your Fantasy didn't sound like anything that was out at that time.
Speaker 4: We didn't know where he was from. Yeah, so I rolled the dice from Alaska. It didn't like let no, no, no, I'm just saying you sounded so everywhere.
Speaker 2: I appreciate.
Speaker 4: I don't want to use the word generic, but you sounded like you was from New York because of the lyrics, but then you was from Atlanta because of the vernacular, And then you was from kind of like the West Coast because she was making it all come together.
Speaker 2: But then you was from everywhere in vernacular. I like that. I like that you alien, it was like you was a al Now it comes to time's dope.
Speaker 5: It comes a time in every artist's life where you gotta it's risk risk, like you gotta just put everything on the fucking line. And that was that moment for me and that that record changed my fucking life.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And we were this close to choosing game Got Switch, which is still on Back for the first Time album, but that particular song right there set it off. And like we talked about earlier, after that was fucking throwing Bowls and the rest is history. Those two records together just set the tone. And then you know, the sophomore Jinx came around. You gotta go to word of mouth and we passed that test like it okay.
Speaker 4: Because back for the first time, Why did you even pick that the name for the first time?
Speaker 5: Like, because I had already put the album out independently to a degree, so I did the ship on my own. So when we signed with Depth Jam, we kind of repackaged it. We took a couple of songs off and added the pharal that throw and bows and like two other songs. So basically I was back for the first fucking time, back for the people that knew the old record and new time, for all the new individuals around the world. That's just hearing it. Word of Mouth. Yeah, so man, pucking back for the first time. Three times platinum, word of Mouth almost four times platinum.
Speaker 2: Chicken and Bed three times. Just the list goes on and on.
Speaker 5: But word of Mouth is the biggest selling record of all of my albums. And I think we got nine or ten at this point, damned near lost count. But the word of Mouth, shit, move bitch was on there, and we just we just spoke about that. That's a movie and it's it's dirty, dirty with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yo, this is beautiful man, it is.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: Shit, I'm feeling great. If I didn't have a show to go to, I'd stay here all God damn night. I love you, No book next time. I ain't gonna have ship after I got you cut.
Speaker 4: But it's so beautiful because you deserve these flowers.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bro. You earned the thank you, thank you, thank you. And your story has to be told because.
Speaker 4: So many people think that it starts from being a drug dealer, It starts from be in a street dude, It starts from being a person that shoots somebody or person or whatever. Put you took the opportunity to work at a radio station, see exactly where you want to be and apply that. And a lot of people need to understand that. They need to understand because that's like we got three fucking occupations in the hood drug dealer, basketball player, rapper. But what I'm trying to say is our industry it has to be saluted more. We just recently seen each other. As you said in Leo Cohne, Leo Combs is one of the best CEOs who's ever helped me down. There's people who have their say about Leo. I'm not one of them.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 4: Leo's life in my life being all positivity. How's Leo's life reflected you?
Speaker 5: He was the ceo, like you said, at the same time, we were both artists at the same time. And in terms of how he executed thought, he was one of the best to ever do it. Definitely, like his strategy, him putting together the team that he put together, how they maneuver the industry, just very intelligent in a very intelligent way.
Speaker 2: And that's definitely my experience.
Speaker 5: I loved what he did and in terms of deaf Jam and the history of death Jam, in the legacy of depth Jam.
Speaker 2: She was pretty amazing. This a moment in time. Got uh, do they you want me to I'm talking about for camera. Do one of them have to ask me? Ask you what I got you? The people in the back of the ass. Oh, they can't do that ship one more time. I'm bad. I was like, I got you, y'all to keep that. By the way, ahead, I got my name. Ludacris is just me being me, being creative.
Speaker 5: My first name is Chris, and like we spoke about, if you look up Ludacris in the dictionary, it means wild, ridiculous, beyond crazy. When you think about my lyricism, when you think about my videos, my visuals, all of that ship entails the word Ludacris And then I just spelled it the way I wanted to spell it.
Speaker 2: That's how I got the name. So just being created. Yeah, okay, let's talk vout my chick Bag my chick.
Speaker 5: Bat another time, same album as how Low and taking a producer that was definitely well known within the midwestern Chicago trackster but you know, in terms of putting him onto an even bigger audience and making a hit song with him.
Speaker 2: That was another moment with Niki. With Nikki absolutely, how did that happen?
Speaker 5: It was dope. She was in Atlanta at the time. I believe she was managed by Dead Deborah and yep saying as Gucci Mane, and somehow we got together and she was just like she loved the track and got on that motherfucker man. The rest is history. But she was living in Atlanta at that time. It's right right when she got started. Wow, hell yeah. Do you think that that's true? Like most New York artists have come to Atlanta to get on.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. Like I love what Thank you y'all.
Speaker 5: Y'all are counting Conway, the Machine and Bennie and all them as New York. That's New York, right, Yeah, that is New York. Conway, yeah, and Benny. I know they're from Buffalo. I'm just saying I don't think, No, they didn't have to come to Atlanta to do ships killing ship.
Speaker 2: I love them because it's like y'all saying that, who's saying that he the one that asked the listen. I didn't say the ship.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to clarify what he said what a lot of people said that. You know, for New York artists to get on sometimes they have to come outside of New York, go to Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Right, for any artists in their city, you might have to go outside your city to make things happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right.
Speaker 5: But my point is that fim niggas like Conway and Bennie and they didn't.
Speaker 2: Have to go nowhere.
Speaker 4: Why they've proven a lot of things connected with the Matary.
Speaker 5: I was on the record with Conway's Crazy Me, Conway the Machine and ji j I d oh Jesus ship stupid to Griselda Man Griselay, I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of Grisella for sure. How my roll out rollout.
Speaker 5: Was that word of Outout that was the first so it goes into timbling and everything I was talking about, but that set it off. And then Move Bitch was the last single on there. But that video with the Big Ass Head. It's crazy because we did that video and the video didn't look good at all before we came up with the concept of trying to make a big a big ass head. Depth Jam was ready to scrap the whole video because what it looked like before we just didn't really get anything from it, and so me and Shaka had the idea of doing this, you know, this post effect and making out like a bibblehead. And literally every once everybody saw that shit, they was like, that's it good And the rest is.
Speaker 2: Fucking history because people love that video to this day. That's what a bibblehead gets. Dope.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and some other artists that have done the same thing in their videos.
Speaker 2: You should check that out. Just go do your research. The internet can check.
Speaker 4: You think you think you top five of the best videos, and hell.
Speaker 5: Yeah percent I'll give you that. Yeah, top five videos. You know you gotta put Missi in there. You gotta put Busts in there. Who the other two are I don't know, but I'm in that motherfucking top five.
Speaker 2: I have to say I top three three. I think I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I really do too, Thank you man, because God bless me. There's other people who get in that category. But it's money wise, not create creativity wise.
Speaker 2: Do that make sense?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: I'm saying like, you can see them be put in that space, but put the heads in it, put the funds in creativity. You could do a creative video for cheap and still be still be better money that you put into it. Yep, I killed that.
Speaker 4: I feel like I killed that. Let's make some nice.
Speaker 5: That's how this Gambino video is one of the best readers I've seen, like in the last five years.
Speaker 2: Though. That's the ship called this is America. This is America. I love to tell he ain't no do yoga.
Speaker 4: Man, Look at the know you're saying this nigga didn't wear no degree videos.
Speaker 2: He wasn't. He wasn't sure at all. I can look and say this this nay just here, but that nigga didn't wear no level. Bro, he really is. I love that video. I'm with you. I'm just saying he ain't win. He said that he's homiigg Charles. Yeah, yeah, I love that. I'm sorry I went too far. I don't think he's your friend at all. I know a lot of thinking you to say that ship, damn, he said. I know a lot of stinking niggas.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of thinking they're my friends. I don't think your friends at all, not even one point five percent of this.
Speaker 2: You could look at that video. You can't tell he ain't win. He was like that. I think you were a little bit he No, who with this ship to go to? I don't think we were.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure nobody wants to see this sure like this is America?
Speaker 2: No, I don't even know if this this is a live show, Bro, I gotta do this ship man.
Speaker 6: I went to you definitely wanted for what is the roster? We don't have a quick time with something one. What are you talking about? Jam vandea daft jam data was beating niggas up and we was beating niggas.
Speaker 5: I've been trying to work out my whole life to get my statue to the way it is.
Speaker 4: And put on the tight suit to get your ship together.
Speaker 2: Put them the lungs.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you're talking about for the Yeah, yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: I truly don't remember that. That's not a cop. I don't remember putting on no tights. They made me put on a tight God damn, I made sure no more. Feel me too, make sure he had tights on. You know, I don't remember that ship.
Speaker 2: Bro? Are we going there and here like us cape? Remember you get your royalties? No, you got word? We all Yeah, we're supposed to get some money. You got some money. Oh to you, bro, I got some upfront. I was the upfront nigga. He's again to me right now, I'll see you late.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna lie my brother, to be honest, it's like what you give me that. That's yeah, I've done in the face. I hate everybody. Yeah, I got you on both games one and two.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's a good ass. I don't remember too. I remember being one and two. I think it was one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when come out of jo the second one. The two come out not too long after one or that ship just came.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the same ship you did.
Speaker 4: Yoh, ruled with y'all, Past and furious. Jesus, he opted out, sucked up. I might have took that bagd.
Speaker 2: Took his bag, his bag. I took my bag because the Vendetta bag fight for New York, and I fought for Vandeta. Yeah, you fought for all that. I love. That's what she's supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, goddamn yeah, man, Fast and Furious is beautiful. It is.
Speaker 2: You get.
Speaker 5: Your trailers, the best fucking catering in the world. You would be surprised that ship your trailers. Describing trailer this ship is online, like, go go to my Instagram. But the trailer is fucking duplex. It's like duplex trailers and some ship that you didn't even know existed in the trailer world and it's just stupid. Yeah, they got duplex trailers out, bro, you come for what workout trailers?
Speaker 2: Because I went to hold.
Speaker 4: Look Cold time out again before Okay, there, I wasn't tour in Europe and I had the Ice Spice with none of the Ice Spice was it was nicely Wi Girls. I had the Spice Girls tour bus nicely and I had the spiral staircase in the bus.
Speaker 2: Come yeah, yeah, yeah, no ship like that. They got to listen.
Speaker 5: When you're dealing with a three hundred million dollar budget, they pull out all the stops when it comes to the trailers.
Speaker 2: When it comes to craft services, a whole different bus. I didn't have that three.
Speaker 5: Hundred million dollar budget on we that Okay, a lot of that go, you know, some of that ship goes to the craft services cater and all that ship. Now it's like, it's what's fucked up is going from fast and furious set.
Speaker 2: To an independent set after that. That's what's fun. What's the independence you went to just your mindset for that. What's the independence that you you don't That ship just happens. I'm adjusting. You went to adjust. I went from too fast and ferious to like not faster, totally different.
Speaker 5: You get spoiled as fun and then you got to go to something else and you're like, where's where's my ship? It's like you almost like how did I sign on to do this this independent movie?
Speaker 2: Like like, give me a girl. I just wanted to It's not she's our bartender. It's not faster, ready to help.
Speaker 5: This ship is like being at a five star resort set with fast and furious the most of it's the most amazing thing the ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she should have went to work there, Jo, what do you want me to do? I don't know. I mean I read it in Google. I feel like Jo than Google called Joe, called John. Give him. Let's just let's just let's just see how you talk about it. Give him? I see, tell me what do we do? What do you shot up? FaceTime? Record face time? FaceTime? Come on, you gotta go a hit him.
Speaker 5: Yo, This is great because I want to hear what this nigga has to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to say this is phenomenal right now. I mean it's it's only right. This guy knows him.
Speaker 2: Look, you gotta FaceTime.
Speaker 4: Let's see this before you Just tell him what you're doing. Don't be a don't tell him Ship, just ask that.
Speaker 2: Don't be a we want to real reaction, like let the cameras roll niggas like that. What is that nigga doing right now? Bro? Nigga he with Logan Paul right now? Now he probably knows you're calling him on the way he was Logan Paul. I don't know. I'm gonna take as because Logan Paul won last night. Right, he knocked a nigga out. That's not the same nigga. Yo. Did you ever want to box like your pops? No? No, he taught you at a box. No he never told me Ship what No, he told me how to hold a gun. My father is a foul nigga. But that nigga is a phenomenal boxer. He was a phenomenal bosser. But I was not.
Speaker 4: Okay, jar Rud didn't answer. We don't have no plan b right because the outtakes.
Speaker 2: Holy morning, he don't went to the bathroom. Yeah, keep the camera. That's all we do. That's all we do. That's all we do because you know, two hours, God, damn.
Speaker 4: God, damn it, Shaka. I just want to say something I knows. Shaka is one of the best people I've ever met. One of the best human beings on human feet, not one of the best managers or the best you know, people in history, best people period. It's a very straight up guy. It's very straightforward person.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wanted to give Shaka hit flower, you know what I mean, because I don't want to say something to all of us that's here. We live in a we live in a great society, we live in a great thing that we're we're all perishing from, we're all benefiting from. But the thing is everyone in this world has not been infinited from that same thing. So there's always gonna be votres and I you know, big up to Kanye and Tyler the Sounds for naming the album Vultures. But in real life, voltures is not something friendly. There's real voltures out here, real people that yeah, I don't want to work for what they can get and they want to just take and it's terrible because it's us taken from us and that just shouldn't exist. Like we worked so hard, you know what. DMX sat down with me one day and DMX said to me, nor way I stopped dissing whack rappers.
Speaker 2: I asked them. I said, well, that's kind of crazy, Like why would you just say that?
Speaker 4: And DMX said to me because every whack rapper who I think is whacked saves sixteen families. And that sixteen families says another sixteen facties.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's deep.
Speaker 4: This was on drink Champs and I was like, Holy moly moly, and that's what I kind of want to do, Luda.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 4: It's about time we praise each other. It's about time we say to each other, yo, man, what we did and what we're doing and we'll continue to be successful. For should be saluted. Yeah, it should be recommended. It should be It should be in the forefront of what life is because no one else is going to give it to us. And I like to say, and I like to say I'm hip hop. And when I say I'm hip hop, what I mean is that's my religion, that's my race.
Speaker 2: Our religion.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's already because everything you're saying is the only reason I interrupted the natural flow of things with what I said earlier, because of what you're saying right now. Somebody got to be the bigger person than all that shit, like.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, yes, And that's why I'm so happy that you're here. It's because hip hop fifty is great. It is, yea, but hip hop one thousand is even better. I want I want your kids, kids, my kids kids, your kids kids is how kids kids, his kids kids. Everyoneted to grow up through that same sentiment. You couldn't have said it better.
Speaker 5: We're talking about kids, talking about family, were talking about hip hop and all this ship. I was with Rizza a couple of years back, and I don't know, we was just shooting the ship because I'm such a Wu Tang fan, and I was asking him a bunch of questions and along the line of questioning somehow, I asked him we were talking about families, and I was like, how many kids you got, and that nigga he looked like I asked him a crazy question. That nigga said, shit, man, you know hip hop.
Speaker 2: That was that Nigga's answer. That that's another the answer was hip hop his children. That nigga looked at me and that was it. I don't know what it meant.
Speaker 5: You never answered legitlemenly, I just said how many kids you got? That nigga looked at me and said, shit, you know hip hop? That could have meant Wu tang nine what it could have been?
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is. His children like everything that has been inspired by them, have y'all had? When you get him on here, please ask that we got by the way I we need.
Speaker 4: I've hang out with Rizza, and Rizza is probably he wants to come and drink with us so bad.
Speaker 2: He wants to drink us though we're not trying.
Speaker 5: Like I'm out drinking y'all right now? Recently, how many artists, let me ask my people of you, how many artists have.
Speaker 2: Out drink the drink champs hosts? How many like this? Who's one, who's one? Nobody. I'd like to go on the record as being the first artist to out drink lady and gentlemen, But I'm not gonna lie to you. We was on tour together, me and you. Old death jam stories are the greatest story. If you're like, please because I like some beautiful story and we're in Atlanta. This is This is docu documented on MTV.
Speaker 4: Luda Is, You're one of my favorite people. I just want to just come and just say hi to you.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. This guy's in there, he's from Queen's. Who is you?
Speaker 4: The guy that I slammed, He's he's supposed to lead up to that guy for that guy he's sitting there. He's like, little boys, don't show me no love. I can know you don't show me no love. Mam deep, don't show me no love.
Speaker 2: Someone telling you this. Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Luda's swimming is fucking my diary. Somebody from Queens telling me that he doesn't get no love. But I'm near to see Luda and I'm just like, what's And this guy is like, I'm like, I'm gonna show him some love.
Speaker 2: Took care of every busy jewelry. That's why a box no mother, I know it was. That is a boxer.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying here fighting motherfucker that I.
Speaker 4: Took it off and I had no idea. We him and said tell where you're from the assignment. The body slammed and power bottle. This nigga all in one. It was the craziest ship I've ever seen. Put some power behind that body. And by the way, he cannot be mad you. He out with us the whole night. So that's the party you see after his neck got fucked up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was like, yeah, we took some shots in Luda's room.
Speaker 2: We chilled the whole Did you wipe him off? Like you're good? You're good, bro.
Speaker 4: I don't white people wipe.
Speaker 2: Him off, wipe him down. I ain't wipe him down.
Speaker 10: Yo.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, hold let me get back to the next one, because I got a lot.
Speaker 2: I got lued. Your discography is crazy. I appreciate loud. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 6: How was there no version of you signing to Jermaine Duprix or Dungeon family.
Speaker 2: That's a great fucking question.
Speaker 5: We kind of went through the history when I was at the radio station, so there's different things that happened with all of these different entities. I was the first rapper on John Madden two thousand. That's Jermaine Duprix. He did that for me, right, And I had the afro, so you remember the Socio Deaf mascot.
Speaker 2: The ship that.
Speaker 5: He was always joking like I'm the social death mascot. So there was a time, absolutely a twelve percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I say this story all the time.
Speaker 5: But he's one of the people that when I was before, I was at the radio station, just complete stranger, knew where he lived, went up to his house, tried to get this motherfucker a demo tape. And this nigga was outside one day when I drove up and actually by himself walked up and took the demo tape from me.
Speaker 2: That's how great of a person, Jermaine.
Speaker 5: He was outside and I was like, I want to give you something that Now, this is ridiculous, like for a motherfucker to be alone and actually like, you ain't got to do that shit, right. I only say that to say that I have my own extremely multi million dollar home now, and if a nigga comes to my gate and says, hey, come over here, I want to give you my demo tape.
Speaker 2: Fuck, no, I ain't going to go to get this ship problem, bro.
Speaker 5: So sometimes in retrospect you look like, damn, that motherfucker is a phenomenous humanizing bro. But all that being said, so so deaf. Definitely you know that there was a time where we work together, organized noise, like I said they did gang Got Switched, Got Switched. That was the flip side of What's Your Fantasy. So at the time, they had so much going on.
Speaker 2: They had you know, the.
Speaker 5: Cool Breeze, the Witch Doctor, Outcast, Goodie Mob, all these artists, and they were just trying to find and are you saying that you were associated to them? Not associated? But I was in there and I got records from them at the same time while they were feeding all of these other artists. So I was down there when Future used to be called Meathead.
Speaker 2: That used to be his name.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, So this motherfucker was down there as a kid. And it's just like his success is great because of what he's done, but he was a student.
Speaker 2: He'd be in there watching all the time. Still Ludacris but on the radio, you know, Chris Love of Love.
Speaker 5: But I say all that to say, I've had my moments with each of those entities, but I never signed with them.
Speaker 2: Even with Timbling. There was a time where I.
Speaker 5: Was about to get signed to Timbling because my first record before it was Your Fantasy. I was on his album and I had a song called Fat Rabbit, which ended up being on back for the first time. So again I went through all of these processes and nobody really stepped all the way up, which caused me to put my money into myself and invest and do the whole incog negro autu.
Speaker 2: And that's what it was.
Speaker 6: It was them though that didn't step all the way up. I'm just saying, for the person listening, tru, that's you right when you were that.
Speaker 2: It's when you.
Speaker 5: I don't want to put the blame on them specifically. It was like circumstances that they were dealing with at the time where I wasn't patient enough to just wait around. And thank God that those circumstances happened, because if they didn't, I would not have said, fuck it, I'm going to do this on my own. You know what I'm saying. That's how things work out. Shit don't work out for you to be able to do certain things and take fade into your own hands. That's literally how it works out. And so I went to an independent company. I remember that they gave me seven dollars an holbum. I sold fifty thousand records at seven dollars a pop. I got three hundred and fifty thousand dollars check when I was like twenty one biggest check I ever.
Speaker 2: Got, all put into myself. Yeah, and I made the whole album for like twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: But again, that's all money I saved up from all the after parties and shit that I was doing when I was eighteen nineteen twenty from working at the radio statation. So it was all part of the plan. It was very strategic, and it took longer than I thought, but that shit worked out the way it needed to work out. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't.
Speaker 6: You think your process, the way that you did it would not be appreciated today.
Speaker 2: I think it would be very appreciated today.
Speaker 5: We're trying to put this bitch on film and on television the way that it happened, because there's so much more to it. I'm just trying to give you all the short the short version, right, let's took about Splash Waterfalls.
Speaker 2: Splash Waterfalls.
Speaker 5: This is That's a good question because it was Shawna's brother is a producer, really, and he produced Splash Waterfall. Yeah, Yeah, Shawna's fucking brother and Ice Drake so he produced that song Splash Waterfalls, so he put Drake on. I wouldn't say he's the first. That's rum the room now, but that's where that came from. And we did the remix with Tony Tony Tony Beat. So that ship is another another great one for the ladies whenever we do these shows. Yeah, Splash Waterfall.
Speaker 2: Before you got married, he was spinking pop a lot of things. No comment, get ready for this part? No, I mean I'm married like a motherfucker. I'm sixteen, So you're just going in there. How many kids you got here? Six? He's supposed to say, hip hop? Ma oh, hip hop? I'm back. Ask the question again, how many kids you got? Hip hop? Break it? Don't get outside, up and outside holy ship. Let's we wanted to ask me that again? Who got the best food? Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico? Don't do that, Cubans, I said it. I don't know if you understand the ward. He just that's why I asked the question.
Speaker 4: I'm hit me with all these questions, Cuban, Cuban, Let's reverse the role.
Speaker 2: Let me play slow and what's the ship called slow? Time?
Speaker 1: With you?
Speaker 4: Time?
Speaker 2: Slow time of slime. Who's got by the way, who's got the best Cuban? So he has no fight? Okay, I got okay, Cuban's got the best food? Who's got the best of Rolo? Best Cuban Cuban? Sorry, it's the best. We've got the best rose Dominicans, Puerto Rican? Why you asking? Its Cubans? Trying to I'm trying to stop this motherfucker out here. You You're ruining it right now. I can't let him answer any other than Cubans. Who's got the best food? Puerto Ricans or Dominicans? Who's got the best? Yeah? I want to know what that? What's the hard question when it comes to Dominicans? Point, what's the hardest food? Question? About my fungo? Who's got the Puerto Ricans win? We went am old fungo.
Speaker 4: But but I'm going to tell you this, tell us, tell us the best teacher I got is Puerto Ricans?
Speaker 2: Why you, guys? But what was about it?
Speaker 4: Is all the best teachers from Puerto Rico, it'd be the Dominican chefs.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 7: I hated I can't I look up looking what the what the fuck is one he do? There for funny talking about it's not all the same ship.
Speaker 4: Broo, we don't like it, right, listen, bro we all the same people.
Speaker 5: You think you having a hard time. Michelle Rodriguez from The Fast and Furious. One of her parents is Dominican, one of her parents is Puerto Rico.
Speaker 2: Get back the dope ship about Let's wait for the sirens. That's the move, that's the movie. Sorries are part of the process. Dope.
Speaker 5: The dope shit about get back is Tom Cruise in the movie.
Speaker 2: Tropic.
Speaker 5: The dope shit about get Back is Tom Cruise in the movie Tropic. Thunder Dancing at the end of the fucking movie with the big ass Yeah, with the big arms and everything. He was less gross grossman in that movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, he played left Tom Cruise because Tom Cruise was the agent.
Speaker 2: He was a fat asient. Yeah, exactly. That was real.
Speaker 5: No, So what I was gonna say was the record was good, you know, like we're being honest with each other, like it wasn't my favorite of all of my records. But when that nigga did that at the end of the movie, Yeah, when Tom Crow.
Speaker 4: Tom Cruise can put on the fast suit, he put on the just for men that everybody's wearing right now.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So when Tom Cruise at the end of the movie put on the big suit and he danced to the song the entire time, it literally took the record to a whole other level and gave it a whole new culture to listen to.
Speaker 2: And so it was good record, but he made it great.
Speaker 5: And that's what's dope about it, because just because Tom Cruise would do that, and it wasn't like five ten seconds we're talking about.
Speaker 2: You watched this.
Speaker 4: Movie the whole song, Yeah, yeah, So did it give you a different idea of the power of that of the.
Speaker 2: No, not even that.
Speaker 5: So Ben Steeler is the one who produced and did the movie, and he called us to do a screening of the movie before it came out, and so a lot of people don't know this man, Tom Cruise is my guy. So we also talked to him about it. They asked my permission about the ship, and then we made it happen. And so I just saw Tom Cruise. I was on tour with Janet Uh. He came out to one of the shows. I saw him at the Damn F One, the F One here in Miami.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 2: Tom Cruises, man, that's my guy. Bro, Tom Cruise is wait, what are you? What's going on? I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. He just was flawsy. No Tom, at this moment, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was spitting. He's been bombed.
Speaker 2: Now he's a He's an inspiration man.
Speaker 5: When he does all his own stunts and ship like that, that motherfucker is an inspiration.
Speaker 2: He plays no games, he does his own stunts. Bro. He has to insure himself.
Speaker 5: He has to put millions of dollars up because he wants to do his own study.
Speaker 2: He jumps from plane and all this crazy ship he does, all tried to do that. I didn't agree with him, come on, said big Pun did it. But it was a different level. It was foul it level I didn't want. I didn't want to sign it. No, but it was the whole the level he came up. He wants to jump off the nigga. I don't want nothing to do with this. I'm sorry, but can you imagine it?
Speaker 5: Can you imagine doing a movie and you are insured, You're putting up millions of dollars for your own insurance because you want to do all the stunts because the movie.
Speaker 2: Is not going to do that for you. So that's how I'm just saying. That's how much he.
Speaker 4: Believes you do a They say to you, Luda, if you want to do your own stunts.
Speaker 2: They don't even ask us if you want to do Tom Cruise goes the extra mile I'm talking about. I'm saying, they never gave you the option.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not, don't. I haven't got to that level yet. That's you wouldn't go there. You wouldn't go there.
Speaker 5: Did you just see me at the fucking Georgia Dome with the falcons? I just repelled from the goddamn ceilings.
Speaker 2: I want to do this? You want to do to ship? Hell? You know you trying to kill himself.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take the money, the money I get from drink Champs and insure myself on the next goddamn we.
Speaker 2: Got no money. What are you talking about to come in? We wanted to get up. They didn't tell y'all they was paying me for this. Yeah, shock you for sure? That's being shot the old ship from back in the day. Bro, How you'm not.
Speaker 5: Gonna tell that's fucked up? I hope that it don't come out of y'all check.
Speaker 2: You know. It's funny because I saw him.
Speaker 5: Like a year ago. He was with Kanye. We was that made my bone big money, and the nigga was like, we got to get your on drink champs. I was like, man, I'm trying to you know, I'm gonna come up and when I got some ship to promote. The only reason I have not been here is you said you wanted me at the beginning because I needed I needed to check. And so the only reason I came here today is they finally told me that I could get the check that I've been looking for for eight years.
Speaker 2: That's true, he just paid it. Something moved some birds. Just look it up because every artist that comes out here, hey man, all that money on alcohol, guys, really, where's the check? Yeah? There is.
Speaker 5: I'm joking because motheruckers, I think I'm serious. I'm definitely joking, right, But I don't want to suck up.
Speaker 4: The whole your flowers though, bro, because like I said, like you're one of those guys that could could navigate through any genre. Meaning if Tyler and had a show tomorrow, you go in easy. If not, I had a show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: If jay Z had a drink, cham said easy easy, If my face had I got it easy. If for real, look Kanye, if y J and your guys, you're probably one of the only artists. Yeah that was like if n w A or Wu Tang out of show, I'll show up to either one of these.
Speaker 4: Chi Chill Chip Chill Red can certain night I show up, lutle can fucking go on?
Speaker 2: I show up? What's your fantasy? Man? Right with sexy Red. She's coming out with a red dog.
Speaker 4: And see right behind you like it's fucking bro for real, Like you can fit in every fucking jump.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bro.
Speaker 5: Cheers to that ship man, the one not your phone motherfucking your drink.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, it's not what I'm saying. Hold on, I'm drinking right. I'm double fishing, man, don't double fist.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: It runs nights going on. Too much going on right now, me and little battling. This is Vergo ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bro, I gotta ask you how this ship. So we've been here and I'm I'm loving the ship and I want to stay. We've been here two hours when I when I looked most of the ships is like an hour whole don't drink ships.
Speaker 2: Are three hours? Oh like idiots? Oh this is great. I keep going. But you know what was your question though?
Speaker 5: No, I thought about the average time frame of all drink Champs interviews around keep it up.
Speaker 6: The TV version it's forty five minutes with commercials, but the real version is three plus.
Speaker 2: Got you okay, because I'm cool for a minute, But I do have to go to No. No, we don't expect yeah shot. Oh no, we ain't missing it. We ain't missing we gotta we got to perform coming to see you before. I'm coming to before. Now it's a part of jingle jam or some ship. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's like it's a bunch of artists, but that ship is in Fort Los.
Speaker 2: Nigga, I don't need a shot. I've been drinking my giant Yeah, I'm all the way. Good, come in, listen. We've been blessed to have Luther prisident. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're about slashing on water falls already.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it. Pipping holes all over the world, pipping all over the world. It was never pipping holes all over there.
Speaker 5: I did have a song called ho, but pimping all over the world, pipping all over the world. Yeah, shout out to Polo to Don on that one, and Carrie Hilson wrote that hook.
Speaker 2: When you hear a singing, I feel like Polo's down, had his braids on to the bit he did have his brads.
Speaker 5: Hey love Polo to Don Man. That was one of those records that he sent to me, and I was like, I already knew what it was. And by the way, since we're giving people their flowers, Man, Polo and his sonics and his production of what he's contributed to the game, go.
Speaker 2: Back and listen to his catalog. His sonics are out of this world. Need to give him.
Speaker 5: I remember Timbling, you know, leaning on him and kind of giving him some some advice. And those are two people that I respect when it comes to sonics in the game, Doctor.
Speaker 2: J Timbling, Polo, Wow, yep. Have you worked with Dre?
Speaker 5: I haven't that If that's what's gonna be one of the questions of who I haven't worked with Doctor Dre. When listening when we when we was on the watch set, he had like a kind of a studio off to the side, and I went and listened to a bunch of beasts, but we never were able to bring anything to fruition.
Speaker 2: But you know he was.
Speaker 5: He was multitasking, so he was doing two things at the same time. Man, it ain't too late. We can still make it out. No, it's never too late.
Speaker 2: I agree. Let's make it happen. Let's make me listening. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now this is the next question. It is the stumped joint.
Speaker 2: Young buck, young bunk? Your buck? Can your bunk?
Speaker 4: We kind of went, we kind of already with yeah, you kind kind of get out there.
Speaker 5: Let's go on Saturday. Then yep, Today's Saturdayday. Today's Friday. Nigga, you've been drinking way too much.
Speaker 2: Bro, today, I like that stick. That's how busy you gotta sit. That's how busy I am. You're right.
Speaker 5: Saturday Organized Noise did that ship again, so organized noise.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: They also did Blueberry Yum Yum, which is one of my favorite records.
Speaker 2: But Saturday was on Word of Mouth album. Yo.
Speaker 5: You know you're blessed and you don't remember what song is on what album because you got that album.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 4: No it was.
Speaker 5: That was one of those records that it's just stood the test of time and again in terms of trying to do something totally different than what was going on in the industry with the cadences of the verses and just trying to be different.
Speaker 2: That was one of those things where I set out to do that.
Speaker 5: And when you're coming out with your second album and the first one is successful, you know that you can take some risks and take some chances. And that's exactly what we did. So that what happened my class field. I believe produced or directed that video.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Your memory is very goodly stops holding no marijuana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, no, I do all that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I did it. Who are the top five? Okay, I'm not gonna put five on it. We're the top mcs that influenced you. We talked about that when I said red and comment and but.
Speaker 2: I want you to go deeper. I know there's more than that.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I said ll cool J because if it wasn't for him coming out what I'm Bad, I was in the fourth grade. I did a talent showcase where I did that record, and I knew every word that that entire time.
Speaker 2: I'm bad.
Speaker 5: No rapper can rap quite like I can tell man to you, Pinnacle when I say that, he's the one who made me want to pursue this as a fucking career right to rap.
Speaker 2: And every time I see him myself, I saw yourself and him in a sense.
Speaker 5: You can say, yeah, I mean, you can say that, or you can say, you know when it once he saw me, he saw himself and me. It could be either way. But I guess what I'm saying is that he inspired me to want to to rap.
Speaker 2: Right, take a peep.
Speaker 5: That's all good. So I would say ll cool J just because he inspired me to want to rap. I said, I think Scarface he talked about that face being the phenomenal storyteller that he is talking about lyricism. His sonics were amazing as well and honorable mention to Mike Dean. And I know that was a part of that process. You discovered Face through Ghetto boys, assuming I was seeing ghetto boys. Yeah, I believe so ghetto boys first, because he was he was a lot of people don't know Scarface was a DJ before he was in the Ghetto Boys, and you knew him at that point. I didn't know him at I'm saying you knew about him. I knew about him. Yeah, before Ghetto Boys, I heard about that. I was engulfed in hip hop culture, everything that had anything to do with hip hop.
Speaker 2: I'm all about it. I'm researching it. I mean before that, you must have been like really deepen in the South. Though the South is well connected, man. I mean, I feel like I know ship, but I didn't know that part of it.
Speaker 5: So basically I would say scar Face, I would say LL. I said Common, Right, I feel like Common is underrated, man.
Speaker 2: That coming since that first album no Id, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Resurrection, Resurrection yep, red Man. I said that first love albums off the chain yep. And if I had the name a fifth one, it would be Outcast. If you can put those two together, Okay, that's one, you know, so you feel that creates ludicrous.
Speaker 2: There's a I was.
Speaker 5: I loved all of hip hop, but you asked off the top of my head, you asked me to name five. Those are the first five that I could name that helped shape me.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep.
Speaker 5: But then you got, you know, being in Atlanta, like the Kilo Ali's and the shy Ds and just the base heavy and us loving the ride around Gucci Crew.
Speaker 6: Bridgie from Atlanta or the Miami ghost Town detis. I always always represent Gucci Cris Miami, but I feel.
Speaker 5: Like ghost We had ghost Town DJs and DJ right, yeah, DJ DJ Smurt for ghost Town DJs that like set the tone, and you had ke Ali and you had all these bass artists and that's what Yeah, well we had that synergy with Miami and in Atlanta with the debate, right, and that's what helped shape the kind of tone of Atlanta music as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I would say that blow it out. You at he how we just paused, It's fantastic, it's the best.
Speaker 5: And I was dope because that was Chicken and Beer album. That was my third album, and I think my first week sales was the highest first week sales of my.
Speaker 2: Entire career on that album. And I remember he was getting eighty thousand verse back then. Let's make some noise of that. He said. What she said? He said more than that? Look look look at him. He said it was boring. Hold on getting bigger than that?
Speaker 7: Best?
Speaker 5: When did glamorous come out? What are don't worry about that's a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't worry. We got googlers. That's fine. But yeah, probably they paid the Google. Yeah, no, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what a year, but I was gonna say, what comes to mind with that particular song was us shooting this video, and you know how sometimes you would shoot two songs in one video. We had this Southern Hospitality intro to that album and I still use that intro to this day because they had an Isaac Hayes sample in it, and it was most amazing fucking intro ever. DJ Nasty from Ortlanta did that's called shout out the Nasty. It's called Southern Fried intro. So we did that and blow it out your ass all in one video. The whole crew is in there, you know what I mean, shawna shingy titty boy. This was when we had fifteen fucking artists, so everybody is in this video.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it was amazing because that was just a moment in time where I was like, I was after word of Mouth did three point five million, and I'm going to the next album. So once a nigga crossed over that whole sophomore jink shit, it's just like, okay, Nigga, I'm here. Fuck y'all can't say shit else about me. Now I'm about to take this shit to a whole other level. So that timeframe was it was a beautiful time frame. It was a beautiful time frame. And I remember jay Z I believe what because I did, I want to say, like three hundred almost four hundred thousand records the first week.
Speaker 2: He always that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Now you always fuck with me like that was my guy because we was at the same label. We'll see each other a lot, and he would give me a lot of game. But after that first week, he came to me, he was.
Speaker 2: Like, Nigga, there you go. It's official. It's official.
Speaker 5: Now you know that motherfuckers the first week King, Yes, if you think about the history, that motherfucker's so like half a million first week, like three or four times if my mind serves me correct.
Speaker 2: So when I got close to that on his ass, he was like, yeah, man, this ship is official.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you again. Them bounced around you sign Chingy right, yep.
Speaker 5: I don't know mention the Shaka. Shaka was really the one that spearheaded that entire Chingy movement and situation. He kind of I went to an R but he was the one that noticed it and picked it up and brought it to brought it to the team. I don't want to take credit for that, basically.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 4: Basically Atlanta's a region that's hot. But we know this other artist here, Sat Louis is like kind of almost undiscovered.
Speaker 2: We got Nelly, and I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 5: I don't want to say undiscovered because you had you had Nelly and he had his team there and this was years before.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, but Nelly and his team is kind of like in that same category, right right.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying I wouldn't use the word undiscovered because Saint Louis, from what from my perspective, in terms of rapping, in terms of that category, Nelly really, you know, capsulted it to a whole level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, no, I agree with you. What made you sign a Chingy? Was it because of Nelly's success?
Speaker 5: So Chingy had the song right there, so you put it out independently. And that's why I'm saying Shaka flag that he noticed it and he was the one that brought it to the team.
Speaker 2: I can't take credit for this.
Speaker 5: I gotta give Shocka all the credit, right, Well, I never heard it, but you know, as a as a person who understands music and understands creative you know when something is popping, and if you're the first person before everybody else gets to it, and you go sit with that artist and you know, you tell them you believe in them, then that's what is the magic that can help you even further propel them to superstar status. When that song was out, we knew it was good and we just wanted to help try to fault it.
Speaker 4: To a whole other level. I apologize. So he came to you and he played you that record.
Speaker 2: How did this happen? He played?
Speaker 5: He played me the record, And I'm gonna be honest with y'all. When I first heard it, I didn't understand it.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, it was right there. I'm sorry, I'm doing a dance. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not really, you're not really doing to dance. I'm you almost had it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm fucking it up, lutle.
Speaker 5: When he brought it to me, it was I heard it, and it's like I didn't fully understand it, but it didn't. It didn't when he believed in it so much. Man, you believe in it, there's much Let's roll with it. And the rest, As I keep saying, the rest is fucking history. When you believe in your brothers twenty four years, no contract, where you believe in your brothers, shit happens.
Speaker 2: God, good, shit happens. God damn.
Speaker 4: That was beautiful. Okay, damn damn, Rod still good on? Just to say it out loud, do you still have your three dollar.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 2: Ninety three?
Speaker 4: I can legend nineteen ninety What makes it so special to you?
Speaker 2: Do you need to say that the right way? Before I entered, everybody knew I can't read.
Speaker 5: Let's go, Yeah, my nineteen ninety three accurate legend. I absolutely still have that ship. And here's a great story about that. Well, first, let me answer what you said. What makes it so spaid?
Speaker 2: God bless you got that?
Speaker 5: That's COVID. What makes it so special to me? I'll give you a quick story about what makes it so special. I have had this car from from the beginning of time, before I became commercially successful, before I signed my.
Speaker 2: Def jam deal.
Speaker 5: That was the tour bus, and it was the accurate legend, riding the fucking Augusta everywhere in Georgia doing all these you know shows with like twenty motherfucking people showing up on the Chitlin Circuit because I had this independent album out.
Speaker 2: No I wasn't. It's just called the Chitpling Circuit. Do your research. I've been there, so I'm still there in my mind. Yeah, my bad.
Speaker 5: So what makes that car so specialist? I'm driving this car fifteen years plus one day, I'm on the goddamn highway and I'm driving my car. This s got over two hundred thousand miles on it, and so I'm driving. I'm in the left lane, I'm in the fast lane, and I see this motherfucking truck with a U haul hitch on it, and I'm just minding my business and all of a sudden, I see the hitch start to sway, and I'm like, in my mind, this is reaction time, because in a split second, this.
Speaker 2: Hitch came off of the fucking truck.
Speaker 5: And now I got to use all of my instinct to try and get as far away from this shit as possible because it's coming straight for the passenger side.
Speaker 2: Of my accurate legend. I tried my best to.
Speaker 5: Get away, but this shit battle round battle, round to living shit out of shit, right, So Luckily, I'm okay, I had the seat belt on, I.
Speaker 2: Could pull over to the side, but my car is total.
Speaker 5: So fast forward about two months later, I'm trying to get the shit fixed and Accurate. The company knows nothing about this crash, but they wanted to use Pimping all Over the World the song in one of their Accurate commercials to promote.
Speaker 2: A new movie. I'm sorry, No, I did you just crashed? I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Accurate wanted to use the Pipping all Over the World song to promote one of their commercials. So they invite me out because we cleared the Pipping all Over the World song for their commercial, and they have an auto show in Detroit, and so I go to to the auto show and they're showing us the new for GT and all this other stuff. They know nothing about my crash. So at the end, the company goes upstairs and they're having a meeting, and they say, do you want to say something on the microphone? And I'm like, no, I don't know what I'm gonna say. I'm just happy to be here. So I go up on the mic and I don't have a speech prepared or nothing, and I'm talking to all the executives.
Speaker 2: And CEOs of the company Accurate.
Speaker 5: The only thing that came to my mind was this is how passionate I am about at my Accurate legend, and how much I love it.
Speaker 2: I just got an accident.
Speaker 5: You all hits, just a test from a fucking truck battle round my shit, and believe it or not, how much I have to pay for the damages.
Speaker 2: It's worth more than the actual car rig right now.
Speaker 5: So I just and then I came down from the podium and all the motherfucking top CEOs came up to me and said.
Speaker 2: We want to te take your car and redo the whole damn thing.
Speaker 5: We want to take that ship, redo the tires, the inside, the fucking the sound system, the engine, the every like the outside candy paint. They took my car and they redid everything, and I still drive that ship till this day.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise for people to people are achrol. I ain't gonna lie. I met my wife, she had an achor. We gotta start showing love that that Japanese made. They take their time.
Speaker 4: Japanese say goal. That means they got a battery operated. Yeah, I'm sorry, that's a watch ship.
Speaker 5: They still Japanese made right. Yeah, Honda, Honda exactly, Honda accurate. Same same people, so same people, so fast and furious.
Speaker 2: Who gave you that call? It was John Singleton.
Speaker 5: Oh you said that, But you know what, I'm glad you asked that because I was on tour with Eminem at the time. This was after the Outcast tour. So I was on tour with Eminem and I got a flaw, a slight flaw. Yeah, So I got a call. I'm about to go on stage in twenty minutes. I get a call from my agent saying John Singleton wants you to put yourself on camera to try out and read these lines for too fast, too furious.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, what the fuck is what?
Speaker 5: I'm about to go on stade Like, I'm concentrated on killing this crowd right now. So we get a camera together, because of course you got all type of production people backstage, no, none of that shit. I'm looking at the lines and I'm like, Okay, I gotta come up and try and make this care. Okay, let me get in character, let me read these lines, go through it a couple of times. Now we're like twelve minutes before show time.
Speaker 2: Fuck it. Just put me on camera.
Speaker 5: This is the best they gonna get right now, because the motherfuckers like we need the shit by tomorrow. So I put myself on camera, go out kill the stage. The next day, I'm not thinking I got the shit because I'm like, ain't no way ahead, Like I rushed the ship out of this putting.
Speaker 2: Myself on tape. Nigga called me. It was like, you got the part. The rest is history, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Now I'm sitting in my crib one day. I don't know if it's Netflix or whatever, but you on a lot.
Speaker 2: Of teaper just come up end of the road. Yeah, click that ship. Your niggas had me crying. Really, yeah, I ain't like the white boys trying to get that jall the white boys trying to get that jall. You was like, get in the call. Yeah, yeah, you in the car.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think it's that cry worthy though, I don't know if it was cry word?
Speaker 2: Can you let me sure? You can't let me cry? Let me cry?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, I'm crying.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I've been ship spent some ship. I'm looking I've been through some ship.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what I apologize Joey motion is validated, and uh, I can't believe that I tried to.
Speaker 2: Do that to you.
Speaker 4: Let me just tell you something. It's how good you and Latifa are actors.
Speaker 2: I didn't look at y'all like I knew y'all and I know both of y'all's dope, and I looked I felt so sorry.
Speaker 4: I was like, why is the white people bothering them?
Speaker 5: That means the world of me, just because that's our biggest goal. Is anyone in hip hop to not look at us hip hop artist in the movie period.
Speaker 2: That's that's the biggest thing. Goddamn the world. I mean that means the world.
Speaker 4: But watched that movie and I was like, holy Moly, brock of moly, But that's that's that's in me in my opinion.
Speaker 2: That's what I couldn't do.
Speaker 4: Was like I couldn't like identify those characters that I couldn't relate to.
Speaker 2: But for for me, for you, you're a real actor. To me, thank you man. You can actually do whatever the fuck you want to do. Bro that crash sh it.
Speaker 5: It fucked me up for that to be my first official movie and you in there with Don Cheetle like we said, Terrence Howard, Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Lorenz Tate, who out of Watchington, fucking minutes to Society and all these other things. It was nothing but a list extreme actors in that movie.
Speaker 2: And here I am, this nigga, you.
Speaker 5: Know, fresh off of Chicken and Beer album, and it was intimidating, but I knew I had to step up to the god damn play.
Speaker 2: So I think that changed things for me, man. And like I said, that's why I take it so serious.
Speaker 4: And you had a Chicken and Beer in the airport, Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Bo, it's in Lax now too.
Speaker 5: So it's in Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson and in Lax Airports Chicken and Beer restaurant for Chuggle.
Speaker 2: Check that out.
Speaker 5: Than Jackson, you said, Jackson, Hartsfield Jackson. That's Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport and jack Maynor Jackson. So it's Hartfield but shocking.
Speaker 4: We know you don't want to shine, but can you sit down for us for one second?
Speaker 2: Shot, Joco, please here, come.
Speaker 4: On, shot, please for one second. I mean for me, not not not not for the world, for you, for me, for me, you know, And you got young nigga mumas praid.
Speaker 2: For camera purposes. You're gonna have to go like this, my brother, but you gotta do that. You can't do that. There you go. Now, you just got to face this. Used to this, I'm used to this year. I know how it goes. Now.
Speaker 4: I just want to say something Shot, because you're one of the greatest people I ever met in life.
Speaker 1: And what I would say, what you kind of alluded to, is that there's energies in the world, and we come from a lot of different background and we have people that are intentional or we have intentional enemies that use our culture against us. Right they use what we've done, where we've come from, who we are, the neighborhoods, the people we associate with, against us. So we have to be very clear about who we are and whether that's our existence or our experience.
Speaker 2: I tell any young person what you're going through is not who you are. And so at that point, if you.
Speaker 1: Can have integrity in any situation when we talk in long term, we're watching a lot going on right now, and you can only give me the grace and the benefit of the belief in me based upon my integrity through the situations and the years we've known each other, because if I'd showed you another person, you'd have been like. So when we look at and we've talked about this a couple of times, and he's called me and just been like, thank you, And I'm like, what are you thinking me for? I thank him more than I'm a loan for the ride. Yeah, I can't do something if something is not there. I can't make something out of nothing.
Speaker 4: He's not.
Speaker 2: Just thank you for keeping me in the space and the mindset of which I am.
Speaker 1: He had to navigate trap music, he had to navigate all of the other stuff to just be who he was, and it wasn't always the cool thing. But his integrity now, even in that situation, it's paying off for him long term.
Speaker 2: So if I would tell anybody youth, even old.
Speaker 1: People, when we look at what we're dealing with and were getting and we're trying to age gracefully, our integrity comes in play when we start thinking about ten twenty thirty years later and we see a lot of people being attacked for what they did ten twenty thirty years ago earlier, right, and we know what's right even when it's cool hip hop we lived a life.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Drink the hood, travel the world, just do it. So I appreciate the grace that was given to me.
Speaker 5: Who I'm talking You're good, But you know, because I was gonna say that, let me just say what's so special about this podcast? And y'all are so used to it right now that you might be to a degree desensitized. But what I noticed is the passion that comes from both of y'all, man, Like you can't fake when you look at somebody's eyes when they're asking certain questions and all of this ship is just so much passion, and that it's very hard to be able to transfer that when someone is looking on a fucking screen as opposed to being here. What I'm saying is, you two motherfuckers do very well at letting that ship transfer through the fucking screen of the passion and the love that y'all have. And that's what makes Drinking Chaps so goddamn special.
Speaker 7: You say.
Speaker 4: From the beginning, him, Jeff, they had your fucking back, bro, Like I can't lie to you.
Speaker 2: I saw that shot from the beginning. Always, we always, we all got each other's back. Yeah, that's why it's so beautiful years and counting, baby, Yeah, that shit is so beautiful. Man.
Speaker 4: What is what is something that you regret it? What is what is somebody had the chance to work with and you didn't have.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about, like the whole Doctor Dre.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't even call it regret because there's still a chance for the ship to happen.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but I uh, that's somebody I definitely want to work with. When we were talking about the whole Death Row versus Bad Boy thing, which is the one of the hardest questions y'all asked me tonight, I love it, and I just talked to I just thought about like my experience as a kid growing up and me gravitating towards the sonics of what Doctor Dre does and going as far as wondering how this nigga got that ship to sound that amazing. But that's somebody I would love it to work with. And the hit Man and Bad Boy they sound amazing as well. Easy More be all of the ship that Biggie did.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 4: I haven't.
Speaker 2: That's the SB twelve love right there. We're doing that. Come on, easy mob be let's get alog. Yeah, hell yeah, let's go.
Speaker 5: He's done a record with Biggie Posts Post and Tupac Post Yeah Post. Because I'm young, Jay, Hell.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: That's like rights to retirement, not not. You know, you know I'm trying to never retire.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 4: But what I'm trying to say is I don't have the accolades. And I've been in this game twenty six years.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that you got motherfucking drink chances, this ship. That's a whole nother life. But no, come on, bro, It's okay.
Speaker 4: But but what I'm trying to tell you is I want to give your flowers my brother.
Speaker 2: I got the mother you know I received. No, no, No, That's why you're here.
Speaker 4: You know, it's because because I'm being honest, Ludle, you're one of the greatest of our coach.
Speaker 2: Absolutely wow.
Speaker 4: And the fact that and the fact that it's known, the fact is that you can be into six seven different everyone respect you, from the gangs to us, to the people who wear backpacks, to the people who take shots, to people who shoot people, to people who look at people who's stealing, to people who actually steal.
Speaker 2: You respected in every genre.
Speaker 5: I'm a culmination of my environment, man, and it's all of those things.
Speaker 2: But thank you man. I'm telling you when you have to know that, you have.
Speaker 4: To know that that's what and hip hop, that's what the fuck we strive to be, is accepted in all genres because you know why, there's five elements of hip hop, right, so you could either breakdance, you either graffiti, you either rap, you either DJ. It's not people that's accepted in all those genres and that's what you're you are.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bro.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: No like like, look, I'm not playing around. That's what you a hold on.
Speaker 4: You gotta sit, don't count.
Speaker 5: All the way believe And you said you wanted me to be one of the first motherfuckers on here.
Speaker 2: Now I don't.
Speaker 4: Because I know we're Virgo brothers.
Speaker 7: I know we.
Speaker 4: Were all that, but that that takes away everything from who you are a as a real like artist. Like I'm gonna say I said it, I said it earlier. Who the fuck was jogging me earlier? It was Jo That's why he said no. And I was like, that was the difference between the versus battle was Lula was seasoned you were seasoned with Kevin Lowns, seasoned with Leoll We were foul people.
Speaker 2: What I mean by that is.
Speaker 4: They sent you on a road that whole time, and they made you know how to fucking perform a show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did all of us.
Speaker 4: So again, I'm sorry, and Nei's my brother again. But when I seen because because versus we were just sitting back home and we were just watching everything, and I sat back as soon as I seen your face. You made that face earlier. God, we got it on a film. Now you made that face. I said, this, motherfucker christ.
Speaker 2: I know, like I know, and I seen him and he.
Speaker 5: Were playing, we was playing Nigga. Joe Budden said the same thing he did. I didn't know that to a degree. He said the same ship.
Speaker 2: What did he say? Come on? Please? Pretty much what you said? Yeah, I ain't gonna lie. I saw your face.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know I was making a face like this ship is. It's great to hear from a different perspective.
Speaker 2: S And that is my brother. To just just be clear, I love Nellie's my brother too.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I looked Louter's gonna snub somebody tonight. What you're gonna snuff your own crew. I don't even know. That's how crazy you.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm okay taking the jazz bro because none of them are death blows. They are It's okay. Somebody got to be the person that that takes the jazz. Now, when I decide to hit back, then it might be unfair.
Speaker 2: It just depends on hit back. You know why you can't back? Why can't I hit back? Nor?
Speaker 5: I need to hear this why it is good? I really need to hear. It's been like fifteen years inspiration.
Speaker 4: You know why you are inspiration to the people that we say, you know what, this guy said this, but we don't want respond because you know why I booted it.
Speaker 2: The you're the good guy.
Speaker 5: Now you understand why I try to take the high road and always I'm cool because my core is strong, and I'm okay with taking these jazz because at the end of the day, I hope whatever it is that these motherfuckers that take jabs at me are trying to accomplish, I hope that they've accomplished that shit. You know why, because it has not hurt or put a dent in my legacy or me in any fucking way. So I allow them to do that because at the end of the day, I still love these motherfuckers. There's still a certain amount of history that we have with each other that if I stand on a certain amount of morals and integrity and just love. I haven't come to a point where I'm wanting to do tit for tat and bicker and babbling, go back and forth with motherfuckers, because when I see you in person, it ain't shit like what the fuck you was just talking about on camera. It's totally different. Yes, it's a dichotomy that I haven't fully understood yet, and I don't think that I'm gonna understand it one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: You're talking about being real.
Speaker 5: This whole industry is built off motherfuckers saying shit on camera, but then when they see you in person, it's something totally different. And I can say that I either am immature or too mature because I haven't fully grasped and understood that yet. I'm still giving my fuckers the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: That's my problem. That's either my gift or my curse. That's what I'm saying. God damn, I'm just being real. I'm smoking another blood sorry, I'm just being real. Let me expand on.
Speaker 6: Something that Nord was saying though, and just coming from the perspective of being from Miami, being a mixtape DJ out of Miami. One of the things that we was like from where I come from Miami, like the hip hop community I come from is like the early nineties, and we only wanted lyrical sensibility coming out of the South, right, That's what we strived for because everything was man in New York, right, and we were emulating that. But we wanted to be representative of the South.
Speaker 2: And you did that. Dungeon family did that. Outcast did that. You did that.
Speaker 4: That's what I want you to know that you were. You did that to the highest ability. That's huge. Thank you, bro, huge, huge, real thank you man.
Speaker 2: When I said it, hip hop so much, I'm just.
Speaker 5: As passionate with my answers and receiving this love as y'all are like saying it.
Speaker 2: I'm being real because you deserve it. I stayed moving, man, moving, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I just me and honest man, you your crew. I was saying this to everyone here. You know, pretty much everyone that was here. I spoke to them before you came in. I was just like, this is a person I wanted to like give the flowers tubes, y'all. It's because y'all, really, y'all, really, you really lived this ship really out, like not just because I drink on drink Champ.
Speaker 2: Drinks. Let's go, let's go, Let's let's go. Jamie shots Jamie. No, no, no, right here.
Speaker 4: That means you didn't take it because looks is done. Okay, okay, he's right.
Speaker 5: Her job is to refill my shots after I take him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm five, Let me drink and shot. Let me just say something. Everybody put that cups of their empty shots up. We can save the camera. Please, it's in the same shots. Watch this. You can't fake this ship. Go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 3: He wins, he wins, he wins. You say that to the camera, please, yes, ludle wins. When's the camera? Yes, little winds. I guess what I win because Lud's win and blut the winds. That's the way it works.
Speaker 2: You remember when you told us about GK jops. Yes, it was in Toronto. I wanted to Yes, Yes, was that Soo soo this mother drink restaurant? Yeah, he's that Soto so drink restaurant. Drake, pull up. You likes giving food is amazing, Food is amazing.
Speaker 5: I love you drinks about drinks had he said, I'm sort I love food.
Speaker 2: At the bottle of red ones in the bottle of red, Nigga, cheers, I got classic. You get another shot? I am aoutright. He don't want me to? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, yes, I remember that give you don't got about that ship? No, no to your ship, to your ship she got come on, you got on braces. I don't drink that ship ship.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm gonna need you to mold this and put it on a goddamn man somewhere. I want to compare myself to all other artists that come up here. I want to see how many shots motherfuckers take. Okay, so, so who drank the most? Yeah yo, yeah, yeah yeah, hey man hands down to Tony yea yea, all respect, all respect while.
Speaker 2: Went into respect. Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about. That's crazy. But put me up there with the greats. Yeah that's all I have. Putting you up in New Grace, Holy morning, more than I got, Bigga. What time is it right now?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 2: You gotta go do it. I'm not not even I want to.
Speaker 4: Say, but I really have to show BROT I got one more question because the question is.
Speaker 2: One more drink or is it? Oh my drink? One more, one more drink, one more drink, one more drink. Ship that was with me and T t o.
Speaker 4: B.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one more drink. Tone and Polke produced that ship. Did you know that produce one more Drink? Yeah? That I don't even put that together with T paint.
Speaker 5: Paint I'm sure, I'm pretty sure he did. And then uh Kat Williams was in that video.
Speaker 2: That ship was just fun man. Yeah. I remember Kanye being in my home.
Speaker 5: Studio listening to that album because I'm sure we worked on something for it, and he heard that out of all this other stuff that I was going to put up for singles, he was like, that's it right there. That's the fucking one and one more Drink did what it had to do. That should be the Drink Champs theme song. What the Shire were talking about right now?
Speaker 2: Version of it. We can if they just give me a little bit to remix it for us. Yeah, you got to make the beat. We'll make it happen if they give me another check, like they gave me. Look at us up right now, man, okay, you gonna make us go what a good checks and we spoke about lovers and friends. That was my last question. But Luda.
Speaker 4: Shaka, I want to look at you brothers, face to face, man to man and tell y'all, thank y'all because not for what you did tonight. Tonight was it's beautiful right that has nothing to do it, but you did. And yeah, your journey to be here, it's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Man. Every hip hop artist.
Speaker 4: Should be praised because you know what, God bless me for saying it like this, what I'm gonna say it. A McDonald's worker, after he finishes McDonald's shift, he takes off his m his yellow shit, and he can go return back to regular life. An artist who doesn't make it, or who makes it a little bit, can never turn back to regular life, even if he doesn't make it. You know what the people say to him, bitch ass nigga. You tried that, you tried to be better than us. But when an artist that makes it and tries to do that and then goes to that level, that hate is so crazy, that hate is so tremendous.
Speaker 2: You summing up. Every nigga that ever took a shot at Ludacris ever in life. You literally some of it up.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about motherfuckers that I fuck with people. I don't fuck with everything. I should have answered it that way. Let me put it in suppose I do it.
Speaker 2: What do you think the opposite of love is hate? No, not at all. The opposite of hate? Oh yeah, Love and hate is the same emotion from a different perspective. What's the opposite opp of love is indifference? When I don't give a fuck about you? Wow? Fact, I don't care when you mean nothing to me. People hate you. They love you so much they'd rather you argue with them.
Speaker 1: They rather engage them in negative action just so they could feel something right. When people don't give a fuck about you, when I don't care about you, that's the opposite of love.
Speaker 2: Indifference. Wow, that's some real shit. Take that with you.
Speaker 5: That's why I say most of the shit where niggas have issues with me, it's not what they're telling you on camera. It's something totally different.
Speaker 2: They love them. I wouldn't even go as far as to say that they love you.
Speaker 5: I would say that it's something totally different that they're not telling you and I have enough respect that we have if we have a history together.
Speaker 2: Fuck anybody I don't have a history with. We can go toe to toe.
Speaker 5: You say something about me on the record, I'm hitting back. But anybody that I have a respect for, I'm gonna I'm not gonna do the same ship that you're doing. I'm gonna try and take the higher road. I'm gonna let you try and get that ship off.
Speaker 4: Has there ever been a situation where that aspired where someone you feel like someone came at you and.
Speaker 2: You was like, let me relax. It happens all the time. That's what I'm saying. It happens.
Speaker 5: It's all towards what you just said, though you know what I'm saying, and it also happens in the same sense of what he said.
Speaker 2: The opposite of motherfucking love is indifference.
Speaker 5: So if you still got my name in your mouth and you're still coming up with ship that we know that's not the real answer. That's not indifference. That's a certain that's a that's a it's a section of love. It's basically in the love category. That's all I'm saying, because guess.
Speaker 4: What I love these niggas, man, falls, I love I love yeah, you know what I mean, the niggas.
Speaker 2: I love them, like.
Speaker 5: Wow, absolutely. Like I said, I pray for If that ain't love, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I don't pray for my niggas though, you don't do that, no, fuck them, you got, I don't pray for him. I'll be like, all right, maybe me and you agreed, well, pray for him.
Speaker 2: Fuck him. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm a different, very real. I'm a different Listen. I love yo.
Speaker 4: But Shaka, thank you man so much, Aluda, thank thank you so much man, because this is real man, this is beautiful, and I want you to know that this is your platform. Shaka, you can, you know, come over here and promote your yellow shoelaces, you know, anytime, like anytime, because you know what, what's crazy about it is there's so many people are tradition of how they start promoting things, and the thing about it is that's not what we are.
Speaker 2: We are just us us.
Speaker 4: Just come over here, get your briefcase, have some fun, let's have some let's let's let's just do what the fun we gotta do, because this is now hip hop journalism. I've just seen Elliott Wilson. Oh I've seen your eyes. Okay, Well, Elliot Wilson posted sexy rad no no no, what Nicki Minaj and then he said this hip hop journalism and.
Speaker 2: He was a hater. That was that was.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it, but I know Ni, that's not. It's dope to me too. But the point is, that's not what we're doing. What we're doing is we're alluding hip hop. That's what this is, what this is what we're about.
Speaker 2: I don't know what everyone else, it's only about saluting hip hop. We're about saluting hip hop.
Speaker 4: But continuing to make sure hip hop goes to that fucking next level.
Speaker 2: And Luda.
Speaker 11: Shaka, all you guys, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, all you guys, bro, you are the definition of loyalty.
Speaker 4: You're a definition and respect. You are a definition of what started follow us. It's what ended. And not to say y'all legacy is ended. I'm not saying that. But what I'm saying is so fared for y'all to still continue to be together. It's something that we all have to salute. Every man here I seem them forget it.
Speaker 2: And y'all continue to be here mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Here and by the way, I ain't gonna, I ain't gonna. I got on boo Gary.
Speaker 2: On that note, Nigga, what time is it?
Speaker 6: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production in association with Interval Presents. Hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink Champs on.
Speaker 6: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon, I g at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at d j e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com.