Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Show, Katty Armstrong and Jetty and keep arms all.
Speaker 2: Live.
Speaker 1: It's from Studio C. See senor dimly let her excuse me. Oh golly, oh boy man.
Speaker 3: I warmed up in my car all the way to work thinking today I'm gonna start without spraying flem.
Speaker 1: All over everyone, good lord, but I was not successful.
Speaker 3: Uh deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound. Today we're into the tutelage of art and it's frye. We're under the toutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 1: I'm torn. I'm torn.
Speaker 3: The interview have gone well, but we have multiple general managers candidates. Do you have any especially excited about Jack today?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm feeling very Christmas. Yeah, I get my Christmas at on please.
Speaker 3: Nothing better than that. The Christmas season. Let's remember it's about joy, togetherness and not get stressed out, not get too stressed out, not get so stressed out you commit a crime. Well, just let's set the bar there, go and try to leap that bar.
Speaker 1: Here's something I've learned. We used to talk about this.
Speaker 3: Going way back to the beginning of our knowing each other, we both had the fortune of like enjoying Christmas time and it was always a good thing, and hearing people complain about Thanksgiving and Christmas always seemed weird to us.
Speaker 1: We always seemed weird to me. It's like, what freaking love it? It's awesome.
Speaker 3: But that was because my families everybody got along, and families weren't tact as a divorced family, and then trying to put everything together everything like that, It's a lot of stress and annoyance and things that you'd rather not deal with. So a lot of the I love Christmas Thanksgiving is you should be thankful.
Speaker 1: For your situation. That's oh yeah, I mean attitude.
Speaker 3: Attitude definitely, that definitely plays a difference in well, everything in life. But it was easier to enjoy the Christmas season when I wasn't trying to manage this whole deal. Right, Yeah, I have follow up questions, obviously, but I'll let you figure out how far you want to go down that road.
Speaker 1: I will just tell you this.
Speaker 3: At our mega Thanksgiving gathering several days ago, in which folks converged from both coasts and all over the place, and multiple generations. It was a semi frequent topic of conversation. You know how fortunate it is to be in a family where everybody get The worst thing that happens is somebody is a little goofy and there's an eye roll and you move on.
Speaker 1: It's fine. But yeah, it's a blessing. It's an incredible blessing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my nuclear family, it's just me and my brothers, my mom and dad, the same five I started with as a child. We all get together for all this tum and it's fantastic. Well, I want to hear go ahead, I was gonna mention. My niece sent pictures of her hand with a ring on it the other day. My oldest niece, she's getting married and she's so excited. Good for her. I hope she's very happy. You want to hear something. It's funny. Communing with my in particular my youngest daughter's friends, has given me a lot more perspective about the world of families. I mean, I've known plenty of people and observed plenty of things throughout my life, but for instance, this one's unbelievable. I'll leave names out. One of her law school buddies. Several of them came and we had a great time. And actually it was some non law school buddies too. But we're playing a game and one of the girls, one of the young women I will refer to her as Jenny. Jenny made a real nice throw in the game and I said, great throw, Jenny, Yes, And she spent the rest of the day thinking about it because this was passed on to me. That was the first time in her life a father figure had encouraged her.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, I know, I know it was heartbreaking. That is something yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so those of us who've been so blessed by fate, genetics and the Lord above or whatever, you want to attribute it to your own great character, you know, with happy families. What's that line from Kara Maza from Dostoevsky. I'm sorry the other Russian guy too. Many Russian authors got a limit. All happy families are alike. Unhappy families are all unhappy in their own way. I think that's the beginning of and Coronna.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that seems to be true.
Speaker 3: The happy family is just everybody's nice to everybody and respects everybody.
Speaker 1: The end. I mean, it's not real.
Speaker 3: Complicated, yeah, but do you get into the unhappy ones, and there's all kinds of oh boy, it gets very complicated very fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Anyway, happy Holidays, very Christmas. So I guess the way.
Speaker 3: To portray this would be I have grown and I have more sympathy for people who find this time a year stressful as a opposed to only joyous. I still find it mostly joyous and enjoy it and everything like that. And I'm looking forward to My son's birthday is two days before Christmas, always a wrenching things. I'm hoping he reaches the age at some point where he agrees to what lots of people suggest, doing the half birthday in the middle of the summer so it's not so closed to Christmas, and everybody seems to benefit from that. But as a kid, he doesn't dig that, which I can understand, because when you're a kid, six months might as well be five years, right right, I think, And I've studied entitlements in government long enough to know this will probably work. You give him the full on birthday this year in a few days, and then you give him the full on birthday in the summertime now, granted, come next year and then come next Christmas. Let's see if that works. You remember that summer when we did it. Yeah, but I just kind of feel like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is my actual birthday. Doesn't heally care about me? Oh boy, oh boy? Something?
Speaker 3: We might have Katie's dad on later. We haven't nailed that down yet. To talk a little bit about the dude that murdered Charlie Kirk. The scumbag has been in court the last couple of days and some of the things they've decided to do in the courtroom, like cameras in the courtroom. Katie's father, who was a judge for very long time, has some comments on and I'd like to talk about that. It's so interesting because many legal experts are not big fans of cameras in the courtroom, but Charlie Kirk's widow, Erica, is staunchly.
Speaker 1: In favor of it. That's interesting.
Speaker 3: It explains why fairly eloquently and powerfully.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll have to get to that a little bit later.
Speaker 3: I'm against courts and cameras in all cour courtrooms, and it runs counter to everything most people believe about transparency in this and that and getting involved. We've all seen how what the reality of it is. Anybody old enough to have watched OJ has Yeah. Yeah, Well, let's start the show officially on a Friday. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Friday, December twelfth, the year twenty twenty five, Armstrong and getting we approve of this program? Did Christopher Darden never pull on a glove that was wet and it had been kind of crumpled in his whole life?
Speaker 1: Ever, how do you make that mistake?
Speaker 3: All right, let's begin the show officially now, how Mark, Now that's a throwback. Yeah, goddamn liberal probably gotten around them all day.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 1: And that's calling on Tara. That's uh, you don't have balls. You're throwing cold contact the part tripping it back to the box Top thirty one too. That's a little hard to understand. That was a pilot saying what Katie?
Speaker 2: He was leaving, uh, San Jose and he was just saying, you bunch of liberal fs. Wow, they're probably all out there driving their f and Hyundais and you're not. You don't have balls unless you're rolling coal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find that humorous.
Speaker 3: But I just don't know if I want my pilot to ever be that angry about anything ever. Wow, that was the Rootinus Tutinist pilot on Southwest Airlines.
Speaker 1: Apparently that was a few years ago. That is, uh, yeah, I want com pilots.
Speaker 3: I want like kind of wearing the life like a loose fit suit of clothes, as Jesus says, I, I don't want you uptied about anything up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just sounded like, you know, one of the great awful stupid trends of kind of the last phase of the idiotic modern world. This is not as hot as it was initially, but people acting as if private conversations between buddies, between friends, between spouses, whatever were exactly the same as a speech you would give to the nation in prime time, and that everything you cracked wise about to your buddies ought to be seen as the same level as an official pronounce.
Speaker 1: We might get to wrestle with this as humanity.
Speaker 3: I was talking about this with my kids the other day, and that's around that experiment that's being done. It's really to help people that have body brain problems they get further every single day, and the ability to like use a computer with just your mind or type out words with just your mind. But the most recent, the most recent one they had where a guy was able to type out words with his mind.
Speaker 1: They were having.
Speaker 3: Trouble with the computer knowing, well, is this just a thought or is this something he wants to say?
Speaker 1: How interesting?
Speaker 3: So if all of our thoughts at some point are hearable or come out, then we're gonna have to wrestle with as humankind, which would be actually pretty fascinating. Has anybody ever writ it and written a book about this or made a movie maybe to have but where human beings just had to wrestle with the fact that, Wow, we all obviously say and think.
Speaker 1: Horrific things, I mean, just horrific things about people we love and things we don't mean at all, and just just random thoughts.
Speaker 3: It's just the way we are built. Sometimes I think it's healthy. It's like the rain running off the roof into the gutter. You think it, you express it to yourself, you let it go because that impulse, that animal impulse.
Speaker 1: Is not something you want to hang on to. So it's incredibly healthy, it's necessary.
Speaker 3: Well, clearly human nature because we all do it well, and I think we've gotten a little better at my original point too, understanding, Yeah, people crack wise, they make jokes, they try to shock their friends. That's not an official pronouncement of their view of humanity. So we get to persecute them because we love to persecute people, because that makes us feel better and more important and more moral and more powerful. Oh, I despised that trend, which reminds me. I never got to the trans woman who was put under for surgery but secretly recorded the doctor's conversation and the things she heard in the way she reacted. Never got to that story yesterday. It's pretty interesting. It's way into what you were just describing people's private case. Did no, no, no, no, no, it didn't even come close. I just did a little bit of it and teased that later we would get the rest, and we never got to the rest.
Speaker 1: So oh, we'll do that today. It's kind of a fun conversation.
Speaker 3: We antaalize. We got Katie's headlines on the way and lots of good stuff. So stay here, how y'all doing. I've got a bunch of news to catch you up on and a lot of the political news I find incredibly, incredibly annoying, and I wonder why anybody pays any attention to it. So I don't know if I'm the best person to ask about any of it. Yeah, yeah, I feel like like eighty percent of political stories I hear. My first thought is you realize there's better things to do in life than talk about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wednesday, during the show, I was actually applying for other work. During the show, I was quiet quitting. I left my resume on the cop here I got busted. That's a fairy old school reference. Well, that's a great thing about our situation. Nobody's making us talk about any of those things. All right here, here, let's figure out who's talking about what. It's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 1: Katie hit it well prepared to be annoyed.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, oh oh.
Speaker 2: Top headline on a few of the websites. NBC White House says US intends to seize oil from tanker captured near Venezuela. ABC satellite images suggest sees tanker deliberately deliberately manipulated location data, and Reuters US preparing to seize more tankers off of Venezuela's.
Speaker 3: Coast after the first ship taken. Yeah, I find that interesting. That's the first of many tankers we're going to start grabbing, which will have an impact on the whole illegal oil supply that I guess has been a thing forever. Well in every regime, including Democratic ones, depend on money flowing out of the treasury to keep the scam going. And if Maduro can't be paying off people, his his hold on the regime is weakened significantly.
Speaker 2: From the Washington Post, Senate blocks Democrats bill to extend expiring Obamacare subsidies.
Speaker 3: Well, so neither the Republican's idea or the Democrats idea going to pass, and then we'll be starting from scratch.
Speaker 1: I guess at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 2: From CBS luxury cars and private villas, how Minnesota fraudsters spent millions intended for hungry kids.
Speaker 1: Wow, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's becoming more and more clear how importantly you're a racist accusation was when anybody tried to look into all of this. In Minnesota, the land of George Floyd especially, everybody was terrified of being called a racist. You could get a you could you know, shoot somebody in front of a cop and call them a racist, and they'd pull back.
Speaker 1: In Minneapolis in that period if they said, I think you killed somebody.
Speaker 3: They had a period there in America where you had good reason to be terrified because you were going to lose your career.
Speaker 1: From the New York Times.
Speaker 2: From chips to security, China is getting much of it of what it wants from the United States who wrote that New York Times. From the Wall Street Journal, AI gadgets are bad right now, but their promise is huge.
Speaker 3: Which gadgets are they saying is bad, like the dolls and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: And no, they're talking about the wearable ones like the metaglasses, wrisk Ai and whatnot.
Speaker 3: I know a few people who really likes the metaglasses. This scal who's terrific. I can't remember her name, but she has tried all of these things and written about them. It's entertaining and interesting. But yeah, they're all not quite ready, I guess. But you've met some glasses fans.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Okay.
Speaker 2: We talked about this a little bit yesterday during Local from the New York Post. Dynamic pricing used to raise costs of everything from food and uber rides to museum visits.
Speaker 3: I've gotta believe that is a future. We got to talk about that more later. That's clearly coming from study fines.
Speaker 2: Pop music has grown darker and more stressed over the last fifty years, tracking with America's.
Speaker 1: Rising distress, no doubt.
Speaker 3: I think about that a lot, thinking to listening to young people's music, like Through I mean, I really feel like it took off in the nineties, the angst and then I mean, angst has always been in rock world, but it really got angsty in the nineties and then in.
Speaker 1: The two thousands. It's just some of the music my kids.
Speaker 3: It's just there's so much my life sucks, the world sucks, and so hard to be a human sorts of songs.
Speaker 2: And finally from the Babylon Bee Hospital adds wing for patients to recover after seeing their bill.
Speaker 3: Ah to the music thing, that makes sense though, art generally reflects life going on at the time, right, whether whether it's paintings or music or writing or whatever. So, yeah, which is leading? Which I feel like there's a suggestion there that the music is leading the kids. I think it's a reflection of the kids. Don't you think that's right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree absolutely that which catches on reflects what they are thinking and feeling. Sure, yeah, maybe we'll talk about that too. That's a pretty interesting topic. We got clips of the week, We got some serious news we need to get into. There are more spending numbers out of each continuing to spend. We gotta spend to keep the economy going, even though your own personal economy might be damaged. Do the right thing for America and max out your credit card.
Speaker 1: I guess if you missed seg get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on.
Speaker 2: Demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Barry Weiss, who Tucker Carlson on Tucker Carlson was on THEO Vaughan's podcast.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting thing, but he called Barry Weiss unimpressive. Anyway, I disagree.
Speaker 3: Barry Weiss, who's running CBS News now and it's one of the more impressive journalists ever, has a follow up on the fraud Minnesota thing.
Speaker 1: That's pretty interesting. We'll get to that in a little bit. Mm. Excellent. That's a story that keeps on giving. Oh god, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It is such a great indicator off so many things were getting wrong. I'd say, yeah, Okay, let's take a fun look back at the week that was. It's the beloved Friday tradition. It's col clips of the week.
Speaker 1: We've deported millions so far.
Speaker 4: Fal if I had to say, like, there's only one thing you can ever have for the rest of time, which admitally would be a bit monotonous, but it would probably be a.
Speaker 3: Cheeseburger, So I wrote, it's not a terrible theory and context of me back he killed my dad?
Speaker 1: My god, Oh, women are annoying if you ever had sex? No, absolutely not, Wow, says the guy who's never got light.
Speaker 2: I think Islam as uniquely indigestible or a secular mindset.
Speaker 1: And another moment with one of these humanoid robots, this time kicking its CEO.
Speaker 3: It has simulated face off in China, the robot landing a forceful strike.
Speaker 2: And shows you how to take lise.
Speaker 1: So Travis Kelsey Bought is teaching a fifteen year old to do Coohan.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't feel good about being white every day for a lot of reasons, because it's a point.
Speaker 1: Of privilege, scrape in the ass end and education. You can't even spell as assend. What has happened to you? Did you have a stroke? The new word is affordability.
Speaker 3: I wonder what grade you would give A plus A plus A plus plus plus plus plus. This deal, if it is allowed to move forward, will actually be the death of the theatrical movie business in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: We're sitting here today trying to save it. We're the United States of American, That's who we are. Lucia has bols. We're back to Europe and.
Speaker 3: If you must be prepared for the skill of our grandparents and great grandparents and Georgia. The binary Justice Department called it the largest COVID fraud scheme in the country.
Speaker 1: This also has an impact on somalis. Do you think that the video should be released in full to the American public? Yeah, but whatever they have we certainly released no problem. This video was profoundly shaking. I didn't find it distressing or disturbing. It looks like any number of dozens of strikes we've seen. Senator, have you seen the video? I have seen the video. You have seen the classified video.
Speaker 2: No, I've not seen the actual video, and I guess it's clips of the week.
Speaker 1: What a week, as every week is in the modern world. Too much stuff.
Speaker 3: Trump has promised yesterday on the Armstrong and Getty Show sign in an executive order around AI to try to keep fifty different states from having fifty different sets of rules making it impossible for AI to try to come about in a way that we can compete against China. We'll talk about that a little bit later. That's pretty interesting. And now it's just a very odd thing to try to do to something Internet related in the United States of America. Yeah yeah, And I see in California, it's gotta be Gavin running this. He's going to try to fight that. Donald Trump is going to allow this wild out of control technology to blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And well, we're not going to allow that to happen. So that's going to become a wedge thing there.
Speaker 3: So goff Gav with Silicon Valley, the only productive sector practically of California, is now going to choke it out. Okay, all right, good. So all those people up in Minnesota stole all that money.
Speaker 1: A billion dollars in one not very big state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got stolen. And again this is near as biggest story as it probably should be. Why because Donald Trump blamed Somali's so the mainstream media feels like it's evil and they got to.
Speaker 1: Stay away from the story. I guess this is pretty interesting anyway.
Speaker 3: Barry Weiss, who runs CBS News and is a real journalist and covers things that are interesting regardless of what you know.
Speaker 1: Sacred cows, they touch.
Speaker 3: Luxury cars, private villas, and overseas wire transfers. CBS News has obtained dozens of files and photos that reveal how Minnesota fraudsters blew through hundreds of millions of dollars in taxpayer dollars as part of one of the biggest COVID era fraud schemes in the entire country. Again, Minnesota's It's not like it's California or New York or Texas. A billion dollars in Minnesota. The files document a spending spree in which defendants, many of Somali descent.
Speaker 1: Good for you, Berry Weiss, throwing that in there to.
Speaker 3: Taxpayer money meant to feed hungry children and used it to buy cars, property and jewel. Video show them popping champagne at an opulent Maldives resort. In a text message, one defendant boast You're gonna be the richest twenty five year old in Shalla.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Is that a term? Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, if Ala is willing. Oh, okay, I got you. That's what that's. Oh, that's what that means. Okay. Uh, well that's nice. That's fantastic.
Speaker 3: The documents feature exhibits from a recent federal trial, many of which are being made public by CBS News for the first time. The exhibits include a confirmation email first stay in an overwater villa with a private pool at the Radisson Blue Resort in Maldives, lakefront property in Minnesota, RECEIAT showing wire transfers to China and East Africa.
Speaker 1: Oh awesome, so.
Speaker 3: People here, people here from China sending money back to China. That's fantastic. Soling from the taxpayer, that's absolutely just great. Beautiful first class tickets to Istanbul and Amsterdam. Well, if you're gonna fly now, you might as well fly first class now that you're living off the taxpayer. Certainly, somebody bought a Porsche stacks to stretch out over the Atlantic relax, stacks of cash. Somebody bought a Porse Porsche where others saw a crisis and rush to help. You saw money and rush to steal, said the US district judge, trying to make these people feel bad, and they probably don't. They feel bad that they got caught. I doubt that they feel bad that they did it. One person those sentenced to ten years in prison. That's a long time in order to pay nearly forty eight million dollars in restitution for roll in the frost brow. Yeah, so how does that work out when you're told to pay back forty eight million dollars And I'm guessing this is just a regular person that makes a regular living.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. I've never had to enforce that sort of order.
Speaker 3: I think essentially for the rest of your life, a portion of what you make so you have to go to a restitution.
Speaker 1: That would be my guess. And I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: You can text her email, but I'll bet you're allowed enough to live on a pretty meager life and everything above that goes to pay off your debt for the rest of your life, which sounds awesome.
Speaker 1: That seems like a perfect penalty.
Speaker 3: Oh you're greedy. Now you're sentenced to life life of barely getting by. Nice scheme, you know, it's almost this whole thing, this whole Somali's Minneapolis ripoff scandal. It's like Satan designer. Maybe God would to open our eyes, but Satan was sitting around with his henchman, rubbing his goatee and gin. Everybody knows Satan has a goateea. My sister once said to me, Joe, your go team makes you look like Satan. Really yeah, really yeah, I'm back when it was much darker. Anyway, I don't remember. We're Matt, We were friendly, we used to hang out together. I was never a dad to his island. Yes, I don't remember your Satan period, and I look at you every day. But well, the greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Speaker 1: So Satan's involvement in all of this.
Speaker 3: Afterward from the The Angels of Deliciousness at Omaha Steaks Omaha Steaks dot com, I may have personally been on the website myself last night, enjoying fifty percent off site wide on fabulous gifts for people who don't need more stuff to put in a closet, they need deliciousness. I got one kid who doesn't like red meat. I made him sleep outside in the cold last night. I'm trying to change him. It's conversion therapy, yes, but my other kid loves loves red meat, and so we're we're actually doing more of the burgers tonight from Omaha Steaks since our package came in last week.
Speaker 1: And of course I got other stuff that's not red meat.
Speaker 3: The son that didn't like red meat will eat every apple tartlet if I don't keep an eye on.
Speaker 1: That's for sure from Omaha Steaks. But right now during their.
Speaker 3: Sizzle All the Way sale, you can get fifty percent off site wide at Omaha Steaks dot com and if you use the promo code Armstrong, extra thirty five dollars off.
Speaker 1: How awesome is that? Can I just order a freezer freezer full of the apple tartlets? Please? All those are good? I would like a million?
Speaker 3: Yes, so say big on gourmet gifts and more holiday favorites with Omaha Steaks. Visit omah Hostakes dot com for fifty percent off site wide during their Sizzle all the Way sailing for an extra thirty five dollars off. Use the promo code Armstrong at checkout terms plice site for details. That's Omaha Stakes dot com and the code to remember at checkout is Armstrong. So I picture Satan rubbing his joke eddies goatee, and so you're saying to himself, we need to design the perfect debacle. We need to combine rampant unchet immigration. And one of his henchmen would say, make sure it's from a place that's hostile to the principles of the United States. Ah, an excellent idea, bl zibob. So rampant immigration from a hostile place. How about an insulated community that does not assimilate from a culture where corruption is routine. Can we sprinkle that with some of the bloated American welfare states utter lack of interest in any protecting taxpayer's money. They just just spray it like like the fire hose. And how about the little political correctness in there?
Speaker 1: Yes, a little.
Speaker 3: Wokeness can be leven little wokeness spice into this delicious recipe. To be fair, I think you need to throw in a very large dash of the public doesn't care enough about where taxpayer money goes. Wow, yeah, okay, So a little bit of narrow the tax pace so that the average taxpayer doesn't care. And that's this situation ion Hersan Ali, who is the absolutely brilliant Somali immigrant to.
Speaker 1: She's I think in the UK at this point.
Speaker 3: She's married to the great Neil Ferguson and has dropped out of Islam, which has earned her you know, the Fatwah writing about the dynamics, the specifically Somali dynamics of this scandal, which are definitely worth touching on at some point.
Speaker 1: But it's true, it's not racism. Point out that.
Speaker 3: Fraud and theft in that part of the world is absolutely rampant because legitimate interaction with the government and its programs or business or whatever, they practically don't exist. Well, yeah, that's interesting and I am I am more than willing to talk about that. And we do need to do something about letting people into this country that have no respect for it or the taxpayer or even like the country. But you know, one of the biggest frauds of all the COVID Minnesota billion dollars bigger fraud in California by mostly people born here. It's amazing how many people are willing to steal I just like I would never ever consider doing that, and I don't even exactly know why. But I just wouldn't take borls millions of dollars from the taxpayer, and certainly then think, you know what I'm gonna do is go fly first class or whatever. But if you're from another country and you don't like the country, I just picturing like if I ended up in China and I don't like the Chinese government obviously, and somehow I end up in a situation where I could steal a million dollars of CCP money.
Speaker 1: I don't care I live in China. That's their problem. If I thought I could get away.
Speaker 3: With it, I don't think my morals would come into play there, which is interesting, so that you know, that's a double layer for the people from countries that don't even like us, all right, That's why there are so many, like I was pointing out aspects of this that need to be addressed at some point. To your point, the bank that just every night they forget to lock the vault. They can bitch all they want about the dishonest townspeople who come and help themselves to the loot, but at some point, hey, you've got a responsibility here too.
Speaker 1: Can we put a fencer on that thing or something? Hire a night Watchman. Yeah, I don't know. That's that's an interesting question.
Speaker 3: I think I'd be perfectly willing to steal money from the Chinese government if I lived in China and thought I could get away with it.
Speaker 1: So where are then, Well, right, yeah, I mean right, we have an array of problems here. Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so you bring in people who don't like the country, and then you add in the fact that there's plenty of people willing to steal no matter what, and you have a culture where if I call the Chinese authorities who came to my house racists and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, oh sorry, sorry, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, come on, yeah, you're only after me because I'm white, I say, in China, that wouldn't work, and they'd retreat quickly. Oh no, no, I don't want anybody to yell at me please. I mean, if you were described as to a space alien, they would think, no, there's no country like that. We've got mail bag on the way and lots of good stuff to get to. I just came up with a long list of bad jokes that I feel like, if you have them all in a row, they're funny.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll do that later. It's Friday for Grind Out Loud, Stay here Wall Street Journal. Today, Trump says Ukraine is losing the war.
Speaker 3: That gives you a little cling as to why he feels the way he feels about the current peace process.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll get into that a little later. He thinks Ukraine is losing.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, the I happen to see that article, the point of which is that the Ukrainian military disagrees strongly.
Speaker 1: So interesting. Here's your freedom loving quote of today.
Speaker 3: Following up yesterday, Will Durant said, a great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within. Let's follow up with something absolutely fabulous from the great Thomas Sowell. Just as any moron can destroy a priceless ming vase, so the shallow and ill educated people who run our schools can undermine and destroy from within a great civilization that took centuries of dedicated effort to create and maintain.
Speaker 1: Well, that's troubling, wolf Wow mail bag.
Speaker 3: Pretty good description of our perverse government schools as well. Jared Missouri writing to our mail bag at Armstrongygeddy dot com.
Speaker 1: That's the email address. Mail bag at Armstrong Yetdy dot com.
Speaker 3: Progressives will say natural things like the family or social constructs, while calling social constructs like transgenderism natural.
Speaker 1: It's odd. Yeah, it's a good point shared. Huh.
Speaker 3: Doctor Brian writes, I can't believe I would ever side with Jack Armstrong. Joe, your euphemisms for hot dogs make me never want to eat water or a sausage ever. Again, I can't believe I'm agreeing with Jack.
Speaker 1: This is all on you.
Speaker 3: Your made your bed, now sleep in it. At least my comforters try. Hot dog euphemisms are disgusting. I agree Joe takes one of the great pleasures in life, the hot dog, and ruins it with disgusting terms for it. Finally, one more sentence. If you want back the number one slot, you better try harder. Until then, I'm on tiem Armstrong, Well go to help, doctor Brian.
Speaker 1: I would submit to you that tube steak you is? Why is that in you? And it's clearly a.
Speaker 3: Tube and it's calling it a steak, which elevates the humble hot dog. Yeah, Katie's make it a face too. None of us are finding that appealing. Yes, something about it, it's just bad. Yes, it's not appeal If I'm sitting there on the couch. Anybody want a hot dog?
Speaker 1: Yes? Anybody want a tube steak?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Oh well, sensitive little children tube steaks for everyone. Moving along, you're gonna veer from topic to topic here, Mark, uh uh uh oh no, see you can't do that.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. We'll have to do that another time.
Speaker 3: If you want to be anonymous, make it clear at the outset, not in some tiny eight point font thing at the very end. I really want to read that email, but later you protect sources I do. I have never gotten anybody in trouble. You're the Bob Woodward of morning radio email A.
Speaker 1: Lot like that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Marina from San Diego frequently the source of some fascinating thoughts.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: The whole experiment on children on social media and devices unsupervised as a tragedy. However, it's how America does things almost from the beginning. Our freedom allows us to invent anything and everything balls to the walls, and then it's just unleashed with no regulation or testing, not until we see the damage it causes to begin to make corrections. Some things take longer than others, take seat belts, cigarettes, lawn darts, or metabol life The reality is enough people and children have to die or be severely injured before change happens. There's a great show on the History Channel called Hazardous History with Henry Winkler the Fawns. It's about the crazy s that people have invented that we're either dangerous or deadly. The idea that we used to allow them in this country is insane. Someday we'll look back and think the same stupid does hurt It hurts us all. My only gripe with that email, which I find excellent, is lawn darts. If you don't know enough to stay out of the way of the lawn dart hurtling through the air, you deserve a puncture one. Joe Getty's America isn't quite so soft as Marina say. Yeah, not knowing cigarettes to kill you isn't. You can be excused for not knowing a lawn dart could do what a lawn dart can do. The hell it's a weighted spike throat flying through the air. Think about it. Let's see we got thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: I've heard that if Republicans don't extend the Obamacare subsidies, thousands will die. Gee, how many people's died of starvation when the Somali stole a billion dollars designating to feed the food insecure.
Speaker 1: What a bunch of bolshizzle starve the lazy. Thank give her that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk to Katie's dad, who was a judge about the trial that started up the killer of Charlie Kirk in hour two.
Speaker 1: If you don't get a good podcast, Armstrong and Getty