Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan art one.
Speaker 2: Behind a scene with a member of the show. What's up, everybody, It's Best Bits weekend and a lot of you are going to be excited because Eddie joining me.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm excited including me.
Speaker 2: Are you though, are you saying that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, you know what, like there comes a time in the week where I'm like or the month where I'm like, man, it's been a while, I haven't done Best Bits and like, here comes I see that reminder of my calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's working.
Speaker 1: It's working. It totally is working. Yes, because I see it at the beginning of the week and I know when I start my week, I'm like, oh, this week is the best Bits, so I look forward to it.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for being here, Eddie, Yeah, of course, thanks for having me. I got so many questions about hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Can we not talk about hot dogs?
Speaker 2: We have to follow up on a few things in there. Sure, do you want to get it out of the way or you want to wait until the end.
Speaker 1: Let's get it out of the way, because like, man, hot dogs, like it's crazy that, Like I never had a problem with hot dogs. Hot dogs are like theyre's hot dogs, right, if you're at a ballgame or whatever, like you crave a hot dog. Man, the smell of a hot dog is just making me sick these days. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Well after shoving twenty in your mouth in like five hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So how much money did you get from listeners on your Venmo?
Speaker 1: I got about four hundred dollars on Venmo tips. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Okay? But are you gonna like send it all back because you did it? Accomplish it?
Speaker 1: No, they're tips. You know what I'm gonna do with the money, though, what are you gonna do? Real talk?
Speaker 2: Really? Actually, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I wanna buy a lawnmore?
Speaker 2: You're gonna do it?
Speaker 1: Yes? I got so much hate about my lawnmower. Conversation about how like I've had a lawnmower for ten years and my kids are complaining that it shakes, it hurts their hands, and I'm like, no, it makes you a stronger man if you go through this paint. But you know what, I got so much hate and they're like, just buy them a law more.
Speaker 2: Come on, So you're gonna do it with hard somebody that's not yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, man, if the people want me to buy a lawnmore, I want to more with the money, with a people's money. Isn't that funny though? People tip me for this You, I said, four hundred dollars pretty amazing. I mean it wasn't like somebody sent like two hundred. It was like a dollar three dollars. Somebody did six nine cents like it.
Speaker 2: All added up.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 2: That's why they say, that's why it's good at things to pick up the pennies that you see on side road. You never know how much it'll be.
Speaker 1: Hey, lunchbox does that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still don't think he knows how much he's ever coming.
Speaker 1: No, he threw him like in this big water jug or whatever, and I don't know if he's ever cashed that in.
Speaker 2: How long will it take you until you eat another hot dog?
Speaker 1: I would say about a month. Hot Dogs are such a staple in my family. Like it's just a thing.
Speaker 2: Like on a genuine like Friday night where you guys decide to eat hot dogs?
Speaker 1: How many can you eat Friday Night's pizza night? Okayday, every Friday night Saturday, I probably go for two.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like you're not like a five eater and that would have set you up a lot better.
Speaker 1: No, if I was a five eater, yes, the five would have gone down no problem, and the twenty you wouldn't have been an issue or the twenty one. But like, no, I'm a two two hot dog eater, you know, with a ketchup on it. Nothing else, Okay, no mustard, no relish, no chili doge.
Speaker 2: That's where you failed. You should have put ketchup on your hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Do you think that putting any more calories on a hot dog would have helped me? Like, no, my stomach was capped like so like to break it down for you, and I'm not gonna get like too detail because it's pretty gross. But you start wondering like nothing is coming out the other end.
Speaker 2: It's just all sitting in your stomach.
Speaker 1: And it's not even moving. So you feel it all in your stomach, which is you know, like right below your ribs, and then when you start shoving more down your throat, like it's not going anywhere. So my body was like there is no more room in here, Like you put one more hot dog in here, I'm gonna throw it up. And I didn't listen.
Speaker 2: So you should have taken the laxative.
Speaker 1: I guess. I see, how does that even work? Does that just push it down your stomach?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean it basically doesn't allow anything to sit in your stomach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could have worked.
Speaker 2: Would have spent a lot of time on the toilet, but yeah, I would have probably hated you in the challenge.
Speaker 1: I spent a lot of time on the toilet anyway, waiting. I was like, come on, come on, anything, just go all right.
Speaker 2: Your wife was probably like, okay, he's spending even more now time in the bathroom. And I don't appreciate this challenge.
Speaker 1: I texted my wife said I'm coming home to eat more hot dogs, and he's like, we're leaving.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to be here.
Speaker 1: You know. She took everyone in the traveling park.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. Do you feel bad after quitting? Like do you feel like you failed?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, because I honestly thought I would make seven I would do seventy hot dogs.
Speaker 2: You really thought you did?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I thought that. I don't you know. It's like everyone had it was like too many cooks in the kitchen. Like Amy's like, you got to exercise, you gotta move so your body digests it. Other people like, don't do that, like you're gonna like get tired or whatever. And then some people would be like, take a laxative and do that, and some people would be like, take as many as you can to the beginning and then pace it out at the end. And I think I just listened too many people.
Speaker 2: You should have just done what you thought was right.
Speaker 1: Joey Chestnut, he said, you know, fast for like twelve hours before. I don't know if that helped or not, like because I was starving, like when I took down that first five or the first six or the first fifteen, like I was starving, so there's no problem, like let's eat after that though I was in trouble. Yeah, So yeah, I feel like a failure a little bit because I really thought that I could do it well.
Speaker 2: In aw fairness, mind you, a lot of the challenges we do on the show are set up for us to fail.
Speaker 1: So well, yeah, when I start, when people start offering their money, when Lunchmus offers one hundred dollars, you know like, yeah, I'm probably not gonna do this.
Speaker 2: So I don't think you should feel like a failure. And I think it's fair that you you involuntarily quit because you threw up?
Speaker 1: Did you? Were you watching the live on any chance?
Speaker 2: Not when you threw up?
Speaker 1: Okay, So so there was a part or I was. I had finished twenty hot dogs, and I was my goal was twenty one, just to do three more, because I think i'd stopped at eighteen nineteen twenty two. Yeah, I stopped at eighteen. Then I'll come back to do three more. And I was on my twenty first and I decided to go outside and walk a little bit, kind of just walk while I was eating. And then like halfway through the twenty first I gagged like and it wasn't like like it was almost like something got caught in my throat and I kind of like went like that to get it out, and that triggered a whole like movement of stuff wanting to go north. And in the live, I go oh oh, and I held my mouth and like people you can see the comments coming and be like, oh my gosh, you god, the throat was good to throw up. And I didn't say anything for like one whole minute, and I go, oh, that was close, Like that was close, and then I kind of swallowed and I thought it was all over, like ooh, I was like I dodged a bullet. It was almost all over right there in that instance. And then like I took my lafe or it was like maybe like two more bites left on the twenty first and I took one more bite and then my body was like it wasn't a false alarm. It's it's happening. Yes. Oh, And I felt bad too, because I'm like, I can't throw up on it alive, Like no one wants to see me throw up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's also entertainment in itself.
Speaker 1: It's pretty gross from what I heard.
Speaker 2: You threw up to the side.
Speaker 1: I did. I did. I moved the camera and threw and threw up. I mean it. Oh yeah you can hear it because it all just it's crazy though, like you know when like sometimes you kind of have to throw up and you force yourself to throw up even more or whatever, Like this was not the case. It was just like if I wanted to stop it, it was not going to happen. Yeah, there was no it just went full force.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't stop throw up when it's ready to happen.
Speaker 1: But that's not I'm not a throw up person, like I don't know, God gave me the gift of like an iron stomach, or like I don't throw up, Like the whole family has a stomach bug and everyone's throwing up and whatever, like I never throw up. I go the by the way, I'll have.
Speaker 2: Like which is ironic that this whole thing caused you to throw rather than to do the normal thing that your body normally does.
Speaker 1: I know, I guess my body's just not used to twenty hot dogs.
Speaker 2: And I definitely want to have been used to seventy.
Speaker 1: You know, I would have been hurting. And then my wife was googling, like what happens to your body if you eat seventy hot dogs?
Speaker 2: You never google?
Speaker 1: It was like not good, No.
Speaker 2: It's not a good result. I think you answered this, But could you have succeeded in the hot dog challenge if you tried a different strategy? And I think you said that. I think you listened to how many people?
Speaker 1: Just listen to too many people. I think that, looking back, maybe if I wouldn't have taken so many at the beginning, And because I did look at it as like, because when you're doing when you're doing like a challenge like this. You look at the clock and you're like, oh, I got plenty of time, and then you look at the hour and you're like that hour flew by way too fast. Like if I don't hurry up and do three in an hour, like I'm not going to make it. And so I kind of knew when I was struggling to take down three that I wasn't going to be able to keep up with a three an hour. And I think my mind was just like, you got to take as many as you can because you're not gonna be able to keep up with that three an hour.
Speaker 2: Well, and when I had jumped on the live stream, this was after we had left you, and it had been like two hours since we seen.
Speaker 1: You, and my number was like fifteen when.
Speaker 2: I left, it was eighteen, okay, And I jumped down the live stream two hours later and you were still at eighteen. I was like, I don't think we're going to see the end of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was when I knew something was wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah. And I wasn't going to really jump on the live stream unless I was eating, and I just really didn't know when I was gonna eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you're already full. You're like, I have fifteen hot dogs, I'm stuffed and it and.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like, oh man, I had a good dinner like full. It was like there's no room in my body.
Speaker 2: Would you do it again?
Speaker 1: No? No, And people are sending me messages about this nine innings, nine hot dogs, nine beers. Yeah, And I looked at it. I'm like, that's kind of like I feel like I could do that, but I can't. I can't. I can't do it. I can't do that, honestly. The nine hot dogs, no problem, right, Like I did that one time.
Speaker 2: It's the nine beers. Even one beer makes you feel full.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: You think about nine beers and how you felt with that many hot dogs, Yep, it'd be twenty times worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be crazy. So I don't know. No, And I really have to be very careful on what I pick now to like challenges, Yeah, what challenges I'm gonna accept because it's it's like I'm forty six years old, man, Like I can keep putting yourself through that. No, I can get hurt now, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you gotta still be healthy for your boys and family. That's more important than the challenges we do on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when you do a challenge like this, like I've done so many stupid challenges. We've all we all have, right, But like when you're doing like I remember, right, like two dozen donuts or something while running on a treadmill, like you think about it that one, right, I did do that one, and like you start thinking, like, shit, that's too much sugar. Like what if my body just like freaks out because it gets too much sugar at one time. So like I gotta I gotta worry about it like that now.
Speaker 2: Well, and they do say that your body stores trauma.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well this is definitely gonna be stored in there.
Speaker 2: One day you're gonna find out I got a lot of food trauma and your body's just been taking hits left and right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what, Bobby's right though, I guess I am probably the only the closest we have to a competitive eater really, like Lunchbox is kind of tapped out on eating stuff. Ray maybe could, but like Ray kind of just sits there and is like I'm good.
Speaker 2: I don't think Ray has the desire to do any correct.
Speaker 1: Scowa probably could but I don't know, Like I feel like I'm the only idiot that just says like, oh do it?
Speaker 2: Well, I think you just want to make money for your kids with your dad. Yeah, give me money, all right. Last one, do you think you could do seventy of another food that isn't hot dogs?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Of course I could do seventy pop pieces of popcorn. I can do seventy a popcorn, I can do seventy. I don't know, like pieces of gum?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you don't want to do seventy pieces of agm?
Speaker 1: You think I can choose seventy pieces of gum?
Speaker 2: You could, but talk about some of that is going to be swallowed, and then you want to talk about messing up your stomach.
Speaker 1: You can't swallow it, dude. If you choose seventy pieces of gum and swallow that that's stuck for years, well.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be stuck. It's either gonna be stuck in your mouth or you're gonna have something down your throat.
Speaker 1: Okay, forget I said that.
Speaker 2: See, you're this is where you're struggling.
Speaker 1: Come on, tell me you're stum.
Speaker 2: What is the saying your stomach is bigger?
Speaker 1: Than my mouth.
Speaker 2: Your eyes are bigger than your stomach. That's what it is, is that I think it is. Yeah, your eyes are bigger than your stomach. So you think that that much is not on the lot.
Speaker 1: But I've done it. I've done things.
Speaker 2: Okay, you feel like you've done that.
Speaker 1: Like remember when the guys were like debating whether to do the marshmallow Lucky Charms marshmallows. I would walk by that bag every day and be like, I feel like I can do that.
Speaker 2: I can eyes bigger than the stone.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, But again, though, can you imagine taking all of those marshmallows in? Like my stomach would crash, my body would crash.
Speaker 2: You don't talk about like a fun eating challenge. When I worked at Buffalo Wild Wings, people would always come in to do the hot wing challenge. I think it was called something else. It was twelve like of the spiciest wings in six minutes was what you had to do.
Speaker 1: That's tough.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you how many people failed that challenge, Very very few did I have actually.
Speaker 1: Succeeded, Like how many succeeded though?
Speaker 2: I probably had three in my four years of working there. Wow, And I had probably one hundred and fifty try it at least.
Speaker 1: What did you see worked?
Speaker 2: I think one, you had to be able to tolerate spice, like on an insane level, not just like oh yeah I like spicy.
Speaker 1: Things, which is genetic, Like yeah, some people can do it, some people can't.
Speaker 2: And to the strategy was like eat as many as fast as you can, don't stop, don't because the second you think about it is when your body catches up.
Speaker 1: Were they dipping?
Speaker 2: No, you can't have to bean sauces, you can't have anything, no water, nothing, nothing. You could have milk at the very end, like after six minutes, so the faster though, as soon as somebody would stop and like take a breather, it was over.
Speaker 1: And what was the prize for that?
Speaker 2: To your real free T shirt, free boneless wings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably the ones you ate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, well, so if you if you didn't accomplish it, you had to pay for it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 2: And if you did it, you got it for free.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people paid for that challenge.
Speaker 1: Did you like working there? I feel like that's your vibe.
Speaker 2: It was so much fun. It was just like a party. Atmosphere. But it was always in most of the time good spirits.
Speaker 1: But if you weren't, you had to act like you were.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but you had a lot of like fun sports fans. But what was funny is a lot of people would come in so happy, excited to watch their games and then leave just so devastated or drunk because they're devastated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'd be there on like UFC nights.
Speaker 1: People come with those for hours and those would go late too. Would you guys stay to the very end or would you guys?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so I'd get home from work at like two am those nights. Yeah, But they I don't think they even do that anymore because you had people just come and sit for six hours.
Speaker 1: Right, which which which is interesting because like that's kind of what a wings place is, especially that that offers sports, like come watch the game here. It's kind of what you're gonna do, right, And I don't.
Speaker 2: Think there's ever a problem with it, But a lot of people just don't tip, like they sat there for four hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, So like if I was watching a four hour game, which is usually three three and a half hour, right, football game? Uh, and I ordered wings, two beers, and I slowly just sat there through the whole game. What's what am I expected to?
Speaker 2: I think you should double So, like, think about at least another table could have came in and sat at least one at a wing place, probably three or four, So you're trying to make up for those tables that missed out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so roughly people eat in an hour and then leave, right, Yeah, so if you're there for three hours, triple it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or some work close and triple what I would say, Yeah, okay, because you're you have to make up for that loss if you're going to stay though. At least that's what I would do now, having been in that position. Yeah, I don't think people understand that or have the comprehension if you've never been through it to be like, I don't think they're being ill willed to not tip that. I just don't think they know.
Speaker 1: What if it's a dead day where they're like, literally it's you and ten other people, Yeah, there could have been a lot of people sit down, but no one was coming.
Speaker 2: I don't think that If you see multiple open tables.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, then don't worry about tripleing it.
Speaker 2: It's fine. But if you see there's a line out the door of people trying to get in, which was those Sundays and Saturdays for game days, that's when you triple it.
Speaker 1: That's helpful. I've never thought about that. Yeah, okay, so that's a good rule.
Speaker 2: There you go. All right, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be back. We're not going to talk anymore.
Speaker 1: No more hot dogs. Please, let's just just stop talking about howt dogs do.
Speaker 2: All right, Eddie, So how are you doing. How's life going.
Speaker 1: I'm good. Life's good, Lower Coasting. You know, summer was fast. It's already like coming to an end.
Speaker 2: Kids are going back to school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next week. So it's this is.
Speaker 2: Your oldest second to last year of high school.
Speaker 1: Or last it's it's his junior year.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so he's got two more years.
Speaker 1: He's got two more years. But for him, it's all like I was studying for the act. Start looking at colleges.
Speaker 2: Does he want to go to college?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, he does. He's got a few in mind, and like he's he's so he's like he wants to go to the film route. So he is so into like the film thing. Right now he's writing a script. He's actually done with a script his first ones. He now he's starting a second. Wow, it's funny to kind of see, like with him, we never knew, like what's he gonna do? Like, I know, he's always liked movies. He's always talked about movies. He loves watching movies. He likes reviewing movies, reading movie reviews, all that stuff, seeing how how much of a movie made over like the first release week or whatever. He loves all that stuff, ranking movies. But like, never has he talked about like making movies. Like he's always like, yeah, I'd like to make movies someday. But like the fact that he's it's been the last like I don't know, seven months, six seven months where he goes into my office and just writes and writes, and I thought it was like he's just chatting with his buddies, and no, he was literally writing a script. And so that's really cool to me. And now he kind of has direction on knowing what he wants to do. And as a parent, that's like awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels rewarding because you don't have to worry so much. Is like what's going to happen to you you leave the house, what's your life going to look like?
Speaker 1: Well, there are some kids, like you know, I have four boys, and when you look when I look at my four boys, there are some of them where I look at him and be like, I'm not worried about that that one he's going to do something like but aout, Oh yeah, there's some where I'm like, I don't I have no idea what they're going to do, Like like they literally could do anything but that like I don't know, I have no idea because they're not interested in one particular thing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so like with him, he was kind of like that, like I don't know what he is going to do. I'm real big on like follow your your dreams, Like whatever your dream is, follow that and keep working towards that, and then you're going to end up doing what you want to do, right, instead of just like I don't know and I'm just going to take a sales job and then I'm going to do this and next thing you know, I'm working at the library. I don't know, right, So I have like a there's a couple of my boys that like could just end up working at a tire shop. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know what that would be okay.
Speaker 1: It would be totally be okay, But it's not settling for me, you know what I mean. Like, and I'm not worried, Like I'm more of just like want to like get an idea of like what are you, what are you? What are you working on? What are you working towards?
Speaker 2: It would give you some control of the situation to say like, okay, I can feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit of peace. And so when my son started like gravitating towards film and actually writing a script and then talking to me, like talking to me about like how it works and what do I do once I write a script? And like, hey, man, I know this person. I know this person you can talk to, like this author like is a friend of mine, Like he can talk to him and all this stuff. And now I'm like this is awesome because like I'm not worried about what he was gonna do, and he has direction now and I love that.
Speaker 2: Oh and he's gonna love film school. Yeah, that's where he goes. Yeah, because of his interest. He's just gonna he's never gonna come home like I'm happy.
Speaker 1: Which, hey, I'm cool with that. I'm cool with that. My wife's not cool with it. But I'm like, hey, man, eighteen, you're out whenever he whenever you want to come visit. We are the door, you know, the house is open.
Speaker 2: But whatever, are you going to keep their rooms the same? No?
Speaker 1: So, like, basically, he's got the best room because he's the oldest. So when he leaves, the next one in line's waiting, like he's like already ready, Like, oh, I can't wait to take over that room because because two of them share a room right now.
Speaker 2: Oh so then they'll finally get to spread out. Yes, So then when he does come and visit, he has to sleep on the couch.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I don't know. No, you might have to kick you might have to kick the other one out. It's my old room, dude, Yeah, it's my old room.
Speaker 2: Oh the questions that have changed over the course of time that you now have to answers.
Speaker 1: I know, And you don't even think about that stuff really until it happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you're here and you're like, where did seventeen years go of my life?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So summer was good. We're ready for everyone to go back to school, just just because our our family is almost like a like a little company where like there so many of you. It's just yeah, like the gears are always grind, gears are always moving. Uh, and when it's moving, it's it works, right, Like this is what we do from you know, seven to three, and then is what we do from three to six, and this is what we do from seven to ten. And in the summertime, all that stuff goes out the window. Yeah, Like then you're just like, oh boy, like what do we do for these two hours and have to entertain? Let's go to the pool again, you know, and like you.
Speaker 2: Talking about your wife and the hot dog, you're like.
Speaker 1: Trampoline. Yeah, we have a membership to a trampoline park because you need that and because if they're not, they don't get the energy out, Like it's trouble with four boys in the house. So yeah, summer was good, but we're happy. Everyone's gonna go back to routine routine. Yes, And how about you?
Speaker 2: How are you? What do you mean did you hang out with any friends? Did you make?
Speaker 1: I knew you're gonna ask me that I did make one friend and he's like a baseball coach, and like we haven't hung out really. We talk more at the baseball field, but we text, Okay, So that's kind of like a big deal. Like, and I've lost friends through the whole texting game because I feel like, and I'm not saying I've lost him like forever, but like there have been other dads or people or other guys that have like just reached out like hey, man, like we should get lunch or something, and oh, how's this going? Oh would you see the Cowboys? You see this? And like I always respond and we have text interactions, but I never initiate the text. And then you kind of see it fizzily in after a while, like, oh, they don't text me anymore. And because I don't really ever initiate.
Speaker 2: That, you weren't putting on the other side of the effort.
Speaker 1: Correct. So now I am realizing that I need to start putting a little more effort in and so with this guy, I'm kind of initiating the text a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you. I'm serious, because that's hard to do. Listen, there is always people who are really good at initiating and creating dynamics and friendships. Yes, and there's always the people who aren't good at doing that and they forget about it, not because they're trying to be mean, but because they just aren't good at it. So it's cool that you recognize that and you're like, Okay, well, if I want to have friends, I'm going to have to pull my weight here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Friendship is pulling both sides of the way.
Speaker 1: I know, and are's like forty five, forty six years old, like and you're and we're all dads, Like, friendship isn't a priority, but it's important. Though. I'm realizing that it is very important to have friends outside of your little family group because your family, like it's your family, but you're with them all the time, and you do kind of need that escape a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need your own dad time, even if it's you by yourself, fine, but having a community where you can lean on and just let off some steam and that's a little crazy, is very.
Speaker 1: Important to talk about talk about different things, you know, like like just conversations that are you normally don't have because with us, like our family, it's the same conversations all the time. So like a friend could offer different conversations and conversation yes that don't have anything to do with like did you do your homework and why it's important to do your homework?
Speaker 2: Please do this. I don't want to yell at you again. It's also no different than the maintenance of when you're married and having to create time, quality time for yourselves away from the kids. Correct, they're all require time and they all require effort. Yeah, but they're all equally important to like you sustaining the life that you want to have. Yeah, that's hard. This is hard. That's human.
Speaker 1: It is it is human. And like, like I said, it's not really a priority for me, and I need to make it just not a huge priority, but a little bit more than it's been.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and I'm proud of you for being able to recognize that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna try not to blow this one.
Speaker 2: I think you can do it. I believe in you. You've come a long way. Yeah, since we even just started talking about your friendship evolution on best bits alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what I like about this guy is he's easy to talk to. Like there are some people, which is interesting like that are just difficult.
Speaker 2: To talk to Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: You know, like like you kind of initiate a conversation and they're always like YEPM and it's like, okay, what do we talk about again? Not in this case. Now it just flows. Sometimes we got to be like all right, we gotta stop talking. We got to get back to the game or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like attention. What's this for you? Okay, next best bits, I'll be looking for an update. Yes, hopefully you guys will have hung out by then.
Speaker 1: Hopefully maybe we'll do a little coffee or a lunch or something or yeah, or something little bro date even like even like the kids hanging out. It's kind of fun, like, you know, let's go to a baseball game. We'll take the kids. You take your boys, I'll take my boys and we'll hang out. That's kind of fun too.
Speaker 2: That could be a good start. But eventually I hope that it just becomes like a guy. Thank for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go out going Onday night?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm come home at three am. No Eddie going to the club. But you can like go to a bar, watch a little bit of a game and have a beer, have a burger.
Speaker 1: Games are tough. I like watching games alone.
Speaker 2: Okay, Eddie, what we our comfort zone?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, but like it's just it's a thing. Like I don't like watching a lot of sports with other dudes, Eddie, because other dudes like to be like, say, just see the stats on this guy, like you see man? Do you hear there?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I don't want to talk. I'm just watching the game.
Speaker 2: Hey, what camaraderie. You have to find light. Okay, if it's not a game, if this is the thing for you, I don't know, go freaking climb some rocks with each other.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'd be fun. Climb rocks. That'd be fun. I'll race you to the top.
Speaker 2: Okay, why do you make everything.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You're giving me examples of the kind of trying to help you. I'm picturing what we will be doing. We'll play golf, love it. Golf is always fun.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he plays golf.
Speaker 2: I took us a long time for us to get to one thing that you will actually be willing to go and do with somebody.
Speaker 1: I know my comfort zone. It's hard to get out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pushing you out.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: No longer a lot to take one more break, we'll be back, all right. Anything else that we haven't hit on, that's what happening in your life.
Speaker 1: What I thought would that you would bring up is if I booked a trip to like go see my friend in Wyoming.
Speaker 2: Oh did you? I mean I thought if you did, you would have brought it up. When we're talking about friend.
Speaker 1: I did talk to him though, but I'm not and I told him that that we should definitely put a date on the radar, and he said, I'll look at my calendar, you look at yours, and we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, And you're at the boy where it's we'll.
Speaker 1: Figure it out, yeah, which is kind of always the term that that means we're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay. Then this is where you take a camera, Billy.
Speaker 1: Don't don't say that, and you go to.
Speaker 2: Your calendar and you say, hey, I have this, this and this weekend open. Let me know if any of those work for you. Okay, okay, Because nothing ever makes it out of the group chat and it's just like, yeah, we should do that, and nobody takes the initiative. Yeah, somebody does have to take the initiative. Is that where were you going, I'm going to Montana?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Montana. He lives in Wyoming, Yeah, which is close. Have you gone yet yet?
Speaker 2: It'll be later this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, believe.
Speaker 2: You're so dumb blize Bozeman.
Speaker 1: Who goes to Bozeman? Who goes to Belise? No one, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't have a single person and right now in my realm of people that has been to believe, you.
Speaker 1: Don't understand how quickly I looked over like I can't stare. I got to look quickly and be like, she's going to Belize and then write it down.
Speaker 2: She's going to please. Oh she's also probably e lopeing and getting married.
Speaker 1: What I didn't say that? Okay, they said.
Speaker 2: That you knew where it was gonna go.
Speaker 1: All I said was that she booked a flight to Belize. And obviously you're traveling with your boyfriend. Why wouldn't your boyfriend go with you to Belize? And my main question, too, Morgan, was is the dog going to Belize?
Speaker 2: If I had a private jet? Yeah, I don't have one of those.
Speaker 1: Wait, you can't take your dog on a regular belief. Oh she's too big, she's not a lap dog.
Speaker 2: She's a lap dog, but she's twenty pounds. She does not fit in.
Speaker 1: One of them's doing on dogs twenty pounds, think of anything.
Speaker 2: She could lose one pound.
Speaker 1: Come on, girl, no hot dog dogs.
Speaker 2: I can't take her. I used to because she was an ESA for a really long time.
Speaker 1: She's not that anymore. She lost her certification.
Speaker 2: No, she still has it, but airlines have just changed a lot of that and I just didn't want to mess with it anymore. It wasn't was it was like twenty years ago. Right, it's like twenty four.
Speaker 1: Well it changed a lot of stuff for us.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I wasn't even flying. I didn't even have remy twenty four years ago, Eddie.
Speaker 1: Right, that was stupid. Shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 2: The timeline was not you are just a little bit. But yeah, no, all of that's changed. And she can't fit into a carrier that goes under the seat.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I thought you're under the plane. Oh that they would think they're dying, they would think they're in hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I hate seeing that. I know there's some situations where like it's that's the only way to get them from like another country to hear something. But I would never do that.
Speaker 1: What's it like down there? There's no way it's like warm.
Speaker 2: I don't know that it's warm or cold now necessarily, but I do know that a lot of animals have died being traveled that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which means it's not ideal.
Speaker 2: No, And she's ten years old, that's not even though it was never even an option when she was a puppy.
Speaker 1: Let alone, right, so just do road trips. But so, how would she fit under the seat? Like I can barely fit my backpack under the seat.
Speaker 2: So like a backpack like a carrier. There's one Think about a dog that's ten pounds, fifteen pounds, not Rammy, she's going.
Speaker 1: You said it. You're you're the one that set her weight on the podcast, cause that matter.
Speaker 2: They say they can only be under a certain weight that they had to fit into a carrier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's over that way.
Speaker 2: He was like, right at it, it's like eighteen pounds. So and I'm like, we're not going on a diet, so you can get stuffed in this bag to be under her car stupid?
Speaker 1: Just one less spoon of chicken, You're stupid. Do you do you give her chicken? Or is she a vegan like you?
Speaker 2: She's not a feat I'm also vegetarian correct and no, I cook her turkey. She's allergic to chicken.
Speaker 1: How do you, okay, turkey? How do you cook turkey?
Speaker 2: Just ground it now?
Speaker 1: But like you're like, you don't eat it, so how do you?
Speaker 2: Just?
Speaker 1: Does it smell good? You?
Speaker 2: No? One? I can't smell, so that helps me out a lot.
Speaker 1: Forgot about that my trauma, and I can't smell. I'm sure that helps then.
Speaker 2: And I don't touch it. I just like cut the package of it and I just like drop it in the thing.
Speaker 1: You don't touch it if what if like a splash gets on your hand.
Speaker 2: I don't love that. Give me yeah, it gives me the ev gv's because it's so signy.
Speaker 1: I see that like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a fan, but it is what it is. I remember it was really funny. My she has like some she's one of those dogs that's prone to stuff on their teeth harder and so I really didn't want to put her under for surgery, especially just getting older. And my vet was like, okay, well you could go and get a knuckle bone from a from a butcher and have her chew on it and it'll really help. What kind of knuckle I don't know any like an animal?
Speaker 1: What animal has knuckles?
Speaker 2: Knucklebone? I think it's like a knee.
Speaker 1: Think it was a monkey maybe, Like what else has a hand like that?
Speaker 2: No, I think it's just called that. Okay, And sorry, you're asking me anatomy when I don't even eat meat.
Speaker 1: Well, you brought up a knucklebone like it's a normal thing.
Speaker 2: And I'm repeating what I got to hold. So imagine me just a little vegetarian. Yeah, walking into a butcher shop?
Speaker 1: Do you have a knucklebone?
Speaker 2: First of all, not a great experience for me. I was not well. I was like, I meat everywhere, Yeah, and like straight up like yeah, it was not good.
Speaker 1: And they're cutting me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not well.
Speaker 1: It smells like me, but you can't smell.
Speaker 2: Do you really have to keep reminding me? Not necessary? So I walk in here is not a pleasant experience. I'm like looking everywhere, and I go and I see, like she said, it'd be in like these kind of different part box whatever. So I go over there and sure enough, there's all these different like bone parts, and I'm just like gagging.
Speaker 1: Hold on, there are bone parts? What what butcher shop did you go to?
Speaker 2: Is it like a it was back in Kansas, because this is when I was home for Christmas.
Speaker 1: But is this like just a regular Hamish okay?
Speaker 2: But your shop?
Speaker 1: Okay? And where were the bones in a box?
Speaker 2: Like in a freezer, like a little container box? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, and they had all kinds of bones in.
Speaker 2: There, yeah, different kinds who apparently for different things. I don't know. I don't know what y'all meat eaters.
Speaker 1: Do, well, not like that. I mean, I don't know. I've never gone to a store to buy bones.
Speaker 2: You've never been to like a butcher I have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and as a Hispanic, we buy all kinds of like cuts. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think a lot of that is for people buy them for their dogs to chew on bones and all of that stuff, because it's better than you know, the stuff that you're buying at the store. Anyways, this thing was disgusting. It was so bloody, it was like completely raw.
Speaker 1: Of course she love it.
Speaker 2: I took this same homemady. Okay, I went through this whole thing, and I was not well through the whole experience. I get home, I'm like, she better freaking eat this thing. This is not a good experience for me. I put it on a towel and because they said it would start to like bleed because it's raw whatever, So I'm like sitting there. I put it on the ground, put the knucklebone on top of the towel, and I'm just sitting there and she sits there and she just looks at me, like, what do you want me to do with that? Like are you.
Speaker 1: She's like that's gross.
Speaker 2: No, literally, she sniffed it. It was so disgusted with me. She thought that I had just brought her the worst thing I could have ever brought her.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's so funny. So I'm googling knuckle bone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to look at it again. It was discussing. It was like a ball of bone.
Speaker 1: Knucklebones are high density beef bones that are a good source of collagen, gelatin, marrow, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. They are often used, Oh, they're used for making bone broth, that's what people do, or beef stock. Hey. Look. Knucklebones can also be given to medium to large dogs with strong jaws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's really good for their teeth.
Speaker 1: And that's remy now medium to large, she's not medium to large twenty pounds.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I went to a buncher all for my dog, all for her to sit there and say, I'm not touching nothing. You know what.
Speaker 1: You want to see a picture?
Speaker 2: No, I don't because I saw it at the butcher shop. Look, I don't want to see it.
Speaker 1: That's a big bone. Okay, so that's not a real knuckle, it's just it kind of looks. It looks like a fist.
Speaker 2: I did not need to see that again, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right there, bloody and everything.
Speaker 2: It is not fun. All for her to just not even touch.
Speaker 1: It, that's so crazy. You love your dog so much you would go to a meat market to get her. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's how much I love her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it didn't even work and she still had to get her teacher.
Speaker 1: So what you do with it? Did you say that?
Speaker 2: No? We didn't end up throwing It was in the freezer at my parents' house for like three months, and my dad called me one day it's like, so.
Speaker 1: Do you want this?
Speaker 2: What do you want me to do with it? I was like, you can have it. I don't know for me to even touch.
Speaker 1: It, he makes bone broth out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I'm pretty sure I got thrown away. Yeah it was not so you know, I do have a lot of love for her. Yes, you do love her, and I will cook meat for her.
Speaker 1: For a good reason, she says, sweet she is.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Okay, you want to make fun of me somewhere? Are we done?
Speaker 1: No, we're done, We're done. She smells weird in here. Can you smell that?
Speaker 2: Stop? Bring it? Try attention. I'm Morgan on it. I'm trying to get my smell back. Okay, all right, Eddie, tell everybody where.
Speaker 1: They can find you at producer Eddie on Instagram, on TikTok. I'm not really on Twitter like sure Twitter and yeah X twenty five Whistles podcast me Bobby do sports podcasts. It's pretty much it. I'm give me my home address, but I don't want you there.
Speaker 2: That would be weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be weird.
Speaker 2: Maybe people goods are helping you with your parking problem.
Speaker 1: My parking problem. Yeah, no, don't worry. I'm taking care of that parking problem myself.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you're to kill somebody.
Speaker 1: I might.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna get out of here before Eddie if it's a crime or admits toting a crime. And you can find me out with Girl Morgan and make sure you follow out the show YouTube page at Bobby Bone Show. You can subscribe and watch Eddie vomit on.
Speaker 1: A live show. Don't do that. You trust me, you don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: Bye, everybody.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go find follow the show on all social platforms Bobby Bob Show and follow at
Speaker 2: Web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.