Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is nick Shots, streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: And it is time for a Tuesday edition of mix Shots. And I'm going to start with one thing on my mind. You can have an MVP at quarterback, but if you have an MVS at wide receiver who can't catch a football, then oh brother, you can have the greatest quarterback of all time, but you better have receivers and a tight end by the way, who can catch the football. And I'm off my soapbox.
Speaker 3: Just goes back to my philosophy about the NFL, that the NFL helps those who help themselves. Don't rely on anybody else to do you any favors.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the task is at hand for this Cowboys team. Take it. Take it upon yourself to make up the ground because you can't depend on the Dallas Texans to do it for you.
Speaker 4: I want to know.
Speaker 3: The amazing thing is, how have the Chiefs won seven games with that receiving that hock is unbelievable. It's like I had to go this Watson guy. I was thinking, well, that was the guy Bill like.
Speaker 2: In the Christian Watson scored three touchdowns against Cowboys last year. Yeah, and I'm going.
Speaker 3: No, that's not him, that's somebody else. And I had to look him up and it's like he was the only one they were throwing passes to.
Speaker 2: Well, he was the only one that was catching them. And he dropped. He dropped the couple girl.
Speaker 4: So then now Taylor Swift is not good for Travis Kelton.
Speaker 3: He wasn't concentrating as much as he needed to.
Speaker 4: He needed to hear her in his ears.
Speaker 3: Two turnovers inside the fifteen was it?
Speaker 4: You know, you can talk, we can talk about that all you want. It comes down to one play. Yeah, it just comes down to one play. You know, I've been a victim of that as well as that. You got to take on the take take ownership of that. You gotta catch the damn ball, dude, you just got to kiss them.
Speaker 3: He couldn't have placed it in.
Speaker 4: You won, you know, I mean it was a ball that had to be a difficult catch. Made it easier than what it should have been. I mean, he actually threw him open, So I don't know, man, that was a.
Speaker 3: Tough Actually came down to two plays because I was sitting there the whole time, going, well, Number one, Kansas City's not going to win this game seventeen to fourteen, and number two, at some point, the Eagles are going to make a big play, a big passing play down the field.
Speaker 4: And they did.
Speaker 3: They did, and that's all they needed because it got to the one yard and.
Speaker 2: They take matters into their own hands at the one yard line.
Speaker 4: So you have a secondary that finally did something that really is as simple as Belichick always tries to make it, and that is, if you have someone that's kicking your butt week in and week out and having a great year week in and week out, let's just stop him from making place. You know, let's just stop this guy from making plays. So you got Kelsey, okay, almost triple teamdom on some place. Yeah, you want to make sure that he's not the guy, You're going to have to do something else. I don't know why every week we don't just say, okay, he's not going to do If this guy's not going to be the guy, he's not going to be the one that's going to beat us. And once you do that, you cause the team to go another route. That's all. You don't want to make it comfortable for them, you know, to beat you. You don't want you to, you know, give them an excuse or are ways to beat you. You want to just take the other way, and then let's see what you have left. And obviously they don't have that much left.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you look at the stats from that game, the Chiefs beat the Eagles almost in every category.
Speaker 2: On offense, first downs twenty three to sixteen, third down efficiency they were eight or seventeen. The Eagles were three for eleven. Keep going total yards the Chiefs said three thirty six. The Eagles had two thirty eight, two thirty eight total yards. Passing yards who's one seventy seven to one fifty rushing yards one sixty eight to one fourteen all in favor of Kansas City.
Speaker 4: And he got sacked turnovers, He got sacked.
Speaker 2: Turnovers Kansas City had two, Philly had one.
Speaker 5: How many times was he sacked?
Speaker 4: Like six?
Speaker 2: At least let's see where are my sacks? On here? Where are my sacks? It should be with everything else, I'm not on sacks. Here we go five times Hurts was sacked and Mahomes was sacked once.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: But you hit the one stat that counted two turnovers to one.
Speaker 2: How about yards per attempt? The Chiefs had three point eight yards per attempt, but the Eagles weren't much better. They were four point six yards per attempt. That's not really bad.
Speaker 3: And think about it because two of the passes to Dante Smith were like three Yeah, like thirty and fifty yards.
Speaker 2: Take those away, and yeah.
Speaker 4: They were looking like they were looking pretty bad. Before those two plays.
Speaker 3: You knew what was coming. You just knew it that they were going to complete a big play and that was going to.
Speaker 4: Be the ball game. So this is a secondary that that Prescott torched, right, this Eagle secondary. Yeah, he touched them. We should have won the game, except for we know what happened. So now you have Kansas City going against the same secondary. And I really didn't see Mahomes doing the things that I expected him to do in this game. I thought for sure that he was going to light them up. And even with the drop passes, they still did pretty well. But it's the interceptions it's the fumbles that caused everything. So how good do you feel.
Speaker 2: By the way, Philly, by the way along those lines, how about give credit to the Eagles in this respect. And they've shut out Kansas City in the second half of that game. Kansas City did not score, but what they have done in their secondary Kevin Byard had an inner reception in that game last night, and they acquired him October twenty third, just prior to playing the Cowboys. And Bradley Robi is the one who did the peanut tillman on and punched the ball out on Kelsey in the inside the ten yard line, and they picked him up on October third from New Orleans.
Speaker 4: When we played against him, I wasn't impressed with any of them, right, right, I was not impressed with any of those guys that they signed. They didn't make any plays on us. We made the plays against ourselves. I don't mind going to Philly. I said that after we lost in Philly. I don't mind. Philly does not scare me.
Speaker 2: Compare compare our receiving corps to what the Chiefs have receiving court by a long shot.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mickey's shaking his head.
Speaker 3: And also, put a roof on your damn stadium. We're gonna have a big critical game like that and it's raining and it's cold and miserable.
Speaker 4: Put a roof up you want every stadium?
Speaker 3: Yes, why they don't play basketball?
Speaker 2: That's what my wife says too. She doesn't understand why they don't just have roofs every Why do they play outdoors in Buffalo.
Speaker 4: To take out the element of the game.
Speaker 2: You know, I agree.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't play baseball.
Speaker 4: Is an extreme, but you know you want the field of outdoors. You know.
Speaker 2: I love that, especially when I'm at home watching the Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you don't put no no feelings for Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 3: Like, let's play basketball outdoors and if it rains, it rains, right, it would be bad.
Speaker 4: Actually water down the playing basketball outdoors games, my gloves.
Speaker 2: You like watching those hockey games out outdoors when they play once a year outdoors?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: The weather's okay? U.
Speaker 3: We didn't know nothing about.
Speaker 2: Playing back to hockey for you there, Savannahs. That's where I was last night, that's right. The Stars scored five.
Speaker 5: Min yeah, it was six to three.
Speaker 2: Have come from behind victory.
Speaker 3: After they did this opposite the game before, great game though, giving up a three to nothing lead with six play.
Speaker 5: We played the Golden Knights on Chimps are in here.
Speaker 3: It's on national TV too. We get to watch it. Oh yeah, good, And I'm going Friday night.
Speaker 2: You got a full sports weekend then ahead for yourself.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: This Missouri play on Thanksgiving weekend Friday.
Speaker 3: Kansas again, Kansas, Yeah, those days are done right. It used to be Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's there, that's there. They play ar Kansas.
Speaker 7: Yes, at Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's their new rivalry game right in the SEC.
Speaker 3: You're gonna learn about those rivals in a hurry.
Speaker 2: And so we're two days away from kickoff at at and T Stadium the Washington Commanders and Mike McCarthy was just meeting with the media and says, we came on the air.
Speaker 3: Here practice after that and very light practices to keep try to get their legs back underneath.
Speaker 4: Them and just to watch.
Speaker 3: Coaches, how did you treat it? I mean from a physical standpoint.
Speaker 4: It was, yeah, you just playball. It didn't it didn't, It didn't bother me.
Speaker 3: It just you know, did Tom back off on?
Speaker 4: He was smart? No, we were smart about that. I thought you, me and now well as a team, we were very smart about it. Just as as you know, that's never changed around here. We know how to handle the games and that cluster of games in so many days. But I think this is even more confined, isn't it. I don't know if we had to deal with what three games and twelve was it? Oh?
Speaker 2: It was always three days in twelve. But what this is is four days in nineteen because you got the Thursday game after the third four game. But that's what a man. I didn't say it for four games in nineteen days.
Speaker 4: That's the difference. That's we didn't We never had to deal with that because you did the three yeah, and then you got you got the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: If you go back through history, the Cowboys always if they didn't win on Thanksgiving, they always won after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: And December when we were bawling. December was never really a big issue for us. You know, we didn't have a collapse in December, like what could have you know, if you have this unusual schedule, you know, before the holidays.
Speaker 5: Well, yesterday in the press conference with coach, he was saying, how this is when the real football starts as you're starting to roll into December. But he said when he and it's the schedule at the you know, when the schedule is released, he already plans out exactly this type of stretch with four nineteen, what that schedule is going to be for the players. And he mentioned yesterday that rest was key for him, giving some guys a little bit more time to.
Speaker 4: Did Tom back practice, He did back off practice, and I think with my only uh, along with Mike downs as well, if you're from the area, kind of hard to get rest, you know. I mean, it's just the way it is if you're born here. Thank God for the home games, you know, because we're always playing it at home, But if we had to go on the road, for guys like myself and Michael, it might have been better to go on the road because we didn't have to deal with all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: All that family.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, I had to get twenty three season tickets every game, so you could imagine, you know, the holidays always going to be more more oh my god, hectic.
Speaker 3: But those tickets are only twenty five dollars engaged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, up, you got free chick out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Players that I.
Speaker 4: Was a free agent, still playing, I was undrafted, still paying for freaking tickets. I never got paid back either.
Speaker 2: I got something for you. I heard today that the amount of the payout for the Rangers after winning the World Series was announced today or someone reported it today, and it was based on it's what it is in baseball. It's based on ticket sales and the playoffs. So the Rangers have sixty one ship player shares, everyone who basically was on the team at some point during the season, and they are getting over five hundred thousand dollars per player, okay, from ticket sales for their their winnings for winning the World Series. Uh And and it's determined by sales and so over the whole course, the course of the playoffs, course of the playoffs, right, And so that's the player pool, okay in baseball, which they have a great union in baseball, Yes they do.
Speaker 4: In fact, the.
Speaker 2: Arizona Diamondbacks each player they have seventy one shares and they're all getting over three hundred thousand dollars for their postseason shares. Okay. So when you won the Super Bowl with the Giants, do you remember what your share was?
Speaker 4: What was no share?
Speaker 2: What do you get from you got you got something for what of the Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Do you remember what was in your boat? It was always in your own particular contract. Yeah, I think we had something. I think we end up getting like twenty five g's or something like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you got to have something for each round that you played, right, You didn't play for free.
Speaker 4: We played on the salary. We played on the salary.
Speaker 2: That was your right. Their season pay. Yeah, you got I think it was like twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It obviously wasn't enough to be memorable.
Speaker 4: No it was. It wasn't. No, it wasn't. It wasn't.
Speaker 3: So so even the Super Bowl, you didn't get some each round, not.
Speaker 4: Each round, if I would call, we just got super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Pay and it was whatever the accumulation was, because if you're if the season had ended after the first round, you would have got whatever that was. Yeah, and then so you got whatever after that.
Speaker 4: Like twenty five Okay, by that it wasn't. It wasn't very memorable.
Speaker 3: How many games do you have to win?
Speaker 4: You had three three three, yeah, to go all the way.
Speaker 3: So the first round at the conference.
Speaker 4: Nineteen okay, yeah, sixteen three. No free agent I mean no.
Speaker 3: Uh wild card rap and Tom probably said, but it should have been glad to be there. This was that wasn't ourself?
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but we even when we made it in Dallas, we never went well you made it wild card? Did we go wildcard against the Rams? I believe we went wild caught when Dickerson came in and beat it.
Speaker 3: So you would have won in eighty nine, I mean ninety eighty one. Excuse me, you had you got didn't.
Speaker 4: Do wild We didn't do wild card, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, lady two, you had the tournament because you had the shortened season, right.
Speaker 5: Naton Frisco says that we got paid per playoff game.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it was his.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was an incremental song.
Speaker 4: It wasn't much. It really wasn't. It really wasn't. I'm not lying. It was not much at all. Asked Nate, if sary give us some give us some some some dollar bill figures, give us some.
Speaker 2: Figures, because your salary wasn't much either compared to what today is.
Speaker 4: When I when I was in New York, I mean it was more because you know, you're a veteran. That was a veteran. But well we were talking eighty one and eighty two. Yeah, I ended up getting a pretty good but it was all included with it was a personal clauses as well. You see what I'm saying. So we had personal clauses that we made. You have made so much money if you go to the first round, so much money to go second round. So that was that was your personal contract. And that was normal for pretty much all Cowboys because we were accustomed to going to the playoffs at that time. So that league, that was almost a league.
Speaker 3: He had to pay you something.
Speaker 4: Well, like I said about twenty five, g's a n What do you want me to say? I feel like shack over here.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we'll be back with bor mix shines just a moment for years later.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 9: Snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped, He'll run full punch down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 9: Ruscott's gonna run this shimshelf, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 7: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 11: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Cook, America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three.
Speaker 7: Millerber Own Company, Fort Worth, Texas, demict.
Speaker 5: Shuts, Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And it looks like Savannah's got a long list of notes.
Speaker 4: There that we need to go.
Speaker 2: Let's get to it.
Speaker 3: Let's to try and figure payoffs.
Speaker 5: We can get to it. Let's see, we'll see what's on the top of my list. We'll start off with deron Bland. Okay, so, as we get into this game against the Commanders on Thursday, I was looking up exactly what Washington was doing in their last game against the Giants, and so Isaiah Simmons from the Giants, he had to pick six on Howel and so I think that could be a good setup, and I'm sure it's something that they're going to start looking at for Bland to potentially break that record. And Howl threw three interceptions against the Giants, and he had a total of six turnovers. So I'm I'm keeping my eye on their offense and see seeing what they're doing. But Howell does not exactly seem like.
Speaker 4: He's standing up for It's like with anybody else. If you have if the game's close, you know you can expect him to make mistakes because you know you can feel the pressure. But if you're not putting any pressure on him and it's becomes one of those games and I always bring up Arizona, then you know someone like Howld is going to feel no pressure and he's going to be out there leading him down the field, up and down the field. I don't want that. I don't want that. I want him to constantly feel pressure from our offense. If we keep scoring, then he's going to have to keep up. And when he has to keep up, that's when he makes all of his mistakes when he has to keep up playing from behind. But if you give him, if you give him a cushion, he's one of those guys that can. He's a good front runner. He's a really good front runner.
Speaker 2: Well, let's look at against Philadelphia just a few games ago. This was on October twenty ninth, the Commander's loss to Philadelphia, and that was the week before the Cowboys Eagles game. It was thirty eight thirty one. It was the final score. And Sam how in that game was thirty nine out of fifty two for three hundred and ninety seven yards and four touchdowns, just one pick. And he's only sacked one time in that game. Wow, that was late in the game.
Speaker 12: I remember against against Philadelphia, Philadelphia sacked and coming into that game he had been sacked forty one times the first seven games of the year and he only got sacked one time against the Eagles in that game and then the last the next week at New England, he threw for three hundred and twenty five yards and one touchdown, one pick, three sacks.
Speaker 2: The following week at Seattle a twenty eight to twenty five loss. Is that what it was twenty nine to twenty six loss. He was twenty nine out of forty four for three hundred twelve yards, three touchdo downs, no picks, three sacks.
Speaker 4: That's impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's been coming on. And then last week, as Savannah pointed out, three interceptions and they turned it over six times and he was sacked nine times last week.
Speaker 3: So he's got eighteen touchdown passes twelve interceptions, but this is kind of amazing. He leads the league in completions with two hundred and ninety five. He leads the league in passing yards with three thousand and thirty eight. Wow, and he is third in passing first downs with one hundred and thirty nine. So he's got some pretty good stats. But the interceptions and the yards per completion is only six point eight seven. So his quarterback rating is eighty eight point six with his nineteenth in the NFL.
Speaker 4: So the running game is failing them building.
Speaker 3: Sounds that way because they're running game.
Speaker 4: They got a big running back back then. I think the young man's name is Robinson.
Speaker 2: Brian Robinson out of Alabama, six twenty five pounds.
Speaker 3: So their their offense is ranked twelve, but they're twenty sixth in rushing yards and tenth in passing yards. Their problem seems to be defensively because they're ranked twenty ninth overall defensively, and.
Speaker 2: They discarded a couple of players recently now with San Francisco and Montese.
Speaker 4: Just a couple of players.
Speaker 3: See, And if you look at their scores, three of the last four games they've given up thirty eight, twenty nine, and thirty one. So defensively they've been they've been struggling so well.
Speaker 4: Catchup team Howell is doing very well, you know, he really is in some games, and it seems like they're always playing from behind, right, and so, yeah, I don't know. I guess I'm always that guy, don't. I never feel comfortable with these kind of setup games while we're up at worrying about case right and Philly and you know, trying to catch these guys and oh we got the little Commanders coming up.
Speaker 3: I don't like that feel, you know, well, especially on Thanksgiving too, Yeah, because those games are always kind of wacky sometimes sometimes. So here's the key stat. Bottom line, he's been sacked fifty one times for three hundred and forty three negative yards. Fifty one He's still got seventy games to go.
Speaker 5: So the NFL record is seventy six in a season, set by David Carr from the Texans in two thousand and two.
Speaker 4: Very good, thanks, Well, that does not That doesn't make me feel better at all.
Speaker 3: Okay, always trying to make you feel better.
Speaker 4: Only because you see that it doesn't kill their fire, It doesn't put their fire out. You know they keep coming back. You know they're not a team. Just because you sack them that many times. A guy still leaves the league in passing, you know, he still has more completions than any more.
Speaker 3: Time to sack them and cause fumbles.
Speaker 4: That's what you need to do. And that seemed to happen. Only it was rare this past game that he was able to still have those yards with those amount of turnovers. So the turnovers themselves, as much as we we know that he has them, seems like he seems to have them all in bunches. It seems to happen in bunches. So it'd be nice if we can get a bunch.
Speaker 2: And I think I misspoke earlier to nine sacks. See the Giants quarterback the Vito was sacked nine times. Yeah, and Howard sacked four times. So what happened with Washington is they turned it over six times despite sacking the Vito nine times in that game.
Speaker 4: That's unusual for them to see and for this season, that seems like an unusual staff because otherwise they seem to be pretty productive when it comes to passing the ball. And I guess they're always coming from behind. That's why he's always chunking it so much. He's comfortable there, Guys, he's comfortable playing from behind.
Speaker 3: See, they figured McLaurin would be their top guy, and he has fifty six catches, but he only averages eleven and a half yards a catch, and then after that the averages go way down. The only guy that's got a huge average fifteen point three Pringle that doesn't ring Iron Pringle, thank you.
Speaker 4: Let's think about this as well. Let's say they're in the comeback situation a lot. They're mostly playing against zone. In the comeback situation. Most of the time, the team's going to say, okay, let's sit back and zone because we have maybe a two score lead. If we don't get a lead, then we're going to be playing man to man.
Speaker 3: A lot, right, Because that's what they do we have to.
Speaker 4: Match up with Lauren and see you know how that matchup can be. And you have a veteran like that, he can explode it anytime. So we need to let the game itself dictate how we play. You know, well, well we behind or we ahead. That really does both on how we approach the game itself.
Speaker 3: And I wonder if they go to school on what Carolina did early in the game, because they were blitzing and they were playing zone.
Speaker 4: It's real soft.
Speaker 3: Their DB's real way.
Speaker 13: I don't know if it's a thing, right, But I don't know if ivver cover for a thing because they had everybody across the back, the safety, the corners, and at times the corners were five to ten yards off the line of scrimmage. So that's why they were trying to throw.
Speaker 3: Those quick smoke screens and they couldn't make the one guy miss otherwise, you know. But they were playing way off and they you got to take what you can get, right, and and and they were causing pressure too. It was I know, he didn't get sacked, right.
Speaker 2: He didn't get sacked in the games.
Speaker 3: But he was getting harassed sort of like Mahomes last night. He was getting harassed. He didn't have many clean pockets.
Speaker 4: One thing I've always I learned about offensive coordinators and quarterbacks, they can't stand not to hit the big play. They just can't stand it. It's like I was an itch that they have. You can keep them short, short pass, short pass. Eventually they're gonna be like, we got to get a big one, you know, right, and that we have to keep them from doing that. We can't let them get the big ones.
Speaker 3: That keep everything in front of everything.
Speaker 4: That's the same, and that's why.
Speaker 3: That's why when teams play that way, you've got to run the ball.
Speaker 4: You have to run the ball. Right now.
Speaker 3: They did hit some big runs in the game against Carolina, but.
Speaker 4: From them bring the safety down, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And but from a consistent standpoint, they still only average four point zero yards a rush. And you got to be better than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So especially you don't have the safety down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you should take advantage of that.
Speaker 3: Get that offensive line going. Offensive line. We saw it last night. Right, If your offensive line's not playing well, you're not moving the football. I don't care who's that quarterback, Patrick Mahomes or Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 4: Well, I wish I bet they wish they had Tommy Hill last night.
Speaker 2: Which and that gets back to what we're talking about at the outset is uh and that's what Kansas City is running into. It is because they have to pay so much money to their stars that they're just having to pick up in certain positions whatever they can, you know. And then it depends on and.
Speaker 4: Then they hope Mahomes can bring something out of those guys.
Speaker 3: Left handed magic there.
Speaker 2: You have to be able to catch the.
Speaker 3: Football even if it's raining there you.
Speaker 2: Or be able to run the ball enough to wear anyway or put up a roof.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, guys, cowboys got.
Speaker 2: This all right when we come back, all right. At the beginning of the season, the school of thought seemingly everywhere was that the AFC was so much stronger than the NFC. You look the number of top teams in the a f C versus what the NFD. Let's review as we go into Thanksgiving weekend, which conference has the stronger teams? And we come back here on mix Shops.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces. Since the Civil War, fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte.
Speaker 11: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the two America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time.
Speaker 7: Celebrate Responsibly.
Speaker 11: Twenty twenty three, Mili Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: And they snapped the freshcout who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while if you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 7: That's what I like to mixed shots.
Speaker 5: 'tis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by Invisline. Don't miss your chance and learn from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and former NFL players at AT and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Register today at dallascowboys dot com slash camps.
Speaker 2: Okay, an update on Super Bowl winnings. If you win Super Bowl fifty seven, every member of the team receives one hundred and fifty seven thousand dollars. Okay, you go back in time. Super Bowl one through Super Bowl eleven, the winning team players got fifteen thousand dollars. The losing team got seven thousand and five dollars. Each Super Bowl I'm trying to do twelve through sixteen, the winners got eighteen thousand, the losers got nine thousand. Super Bowl XBI seventeen seventeen through twenty seven one seventeen through twenty seventeen through twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Here we are twenty five.
Speaker 2: Ok Everson, you may not know this, but you got thirty six thousand dollars for winning the Super Bowl. Cool. The Bills got eighteen thousand dollars, and they got eighteen thousand dollars when they lost to the Cowboys in Super Bowl twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Also, so, how much did Nate get?
Speaker 2: Nate would have gotten a Super Bowl twenty seven thirty six thousand dollars twenty eight thirty eight thousand dollars one and in the Super Bowl thirty was forty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: And that's just for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So you and you made for the NFC championship whatever that was. I'm not going down that rabbit.
Speaker 3: So all right, go down YOURFC NFC.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Think about when the season began, everyone was across the country. We were saying, how much better the AFC is than the NFC. And most of that preseason stuff is based on quarterbacks, right, Okay, Yet Aaron Rodgers with the Jets, so everyone was touting the Jets.
Speaker 4: And they are four and six, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: The Bengals with Joe Burrow, they are five and five. Okay, Cleveland, a lot of people thinking Deshaun Watson was going to have.
Speaker 3: At least they're seven and three.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are right now. But now who do they have at quarterback? Dorrian Thompson Robinson who by the way, if you look in the big green notebook, all right, and just overall right now, just think of it. Think we just saw last night Philadelphia beat Kansas City on the road. If you were just top of your head, top five or six teams in the NFL. Who would you have on your list top five or six teams? I mean, you got to think Philadelphia's got the best record in the league, Okay, and where they are right now. I mean San Francisco was struggling a few weeks ago, but now they're back on track. They're back being San Francisco again. So I would put San Francisco up there. You got Dallas, you got Detroit and the AFC Baltimore.
Speaker 4: That's what I say.
Speaker 2: So and you got Miami. You know, think about it, Kansas City.
Speaker 3: In the AFC, only one team has a better record than the Cowboys, and Baltimore has played one more game.
Speaker 4: They're eight and three.
Speaker 3: The other division leader Miami seven and three, Jacksonville seven and three, and Kansas City now seven and three.
Speaker 2: You know, my pick from the AFC to go to the Super Bowl this year was everybody's pick last year. Buffalo I thought they would and they're sitting there in six and five right now, and Josh Allen is.
Speaker 3: Think about all the people that were on the Jets. Now they didn't know Aaron Rodgers was going to get hurt, but they're four and six. Maybe the surprise team is Pittsburgh at six and four.
Speaker 2: And they just fired their offensive court right to die, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The surprise team is Houston at six and four. CJ. Strouds the last three games basically.
Speaker 3: And there's only two teams in the NFC that have a better record than the Cowboys. It's Philadelphia at nine and one in Detroit at eight and two.
Speaker 2: I just was listening to the Giants announcer Bob Papa talk about this and he had his top five. He had Philadelphia, San Francisco. He may have put Kansas City in there. Four of the five are NFC teams. He had Dallas and UH and Detroit. Yeah, Baltimore I think may have been in there.
Speaker 3: I can't remember what I was listening to yesterday, if it was pre game on the radio or something on TV. And they asked whoever the panelst was about the best teams. It was on radio, and the guy listed about four or five teams, and finally the host goes, what about Dallas. He didn't, it didn't include him.
Speaker 4: And it's like, okay, all right, what about Cincinnati?
Speaker 3: And then they got into a discussion.
Speaker 2: In Cincinnati losing Burrow that changes the whole complex out of that. Yeah, he's out out for the year. The risks crazy. And that's that's the thing when when you look even at even just at the NFC, Yeah team I have hadn't mentioned how about Whatniver's doing right now? You know they're the hottest team in the league right now, Russell Wilson is. I mean, you look at what here's a team that they got beat seventy thank god, you guys. This is a team that got beat seventy to twenty six weeks ago or whatever. Yeah, now they've won what four in a row? Four in a row after that, right, and with wins over Kansas City, Oh.
Speaker 4: Top teams, yeah, yeah, top teams.
Speaker 2: Right, and beat Minnesota had one five in a row and they beat them the other day.
Speaker 4: So that takes some good coaching. I must admit that that does take some good coaching. You get seventy points put on you, What do you do after that? How do you even come to work after that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I was going to tell you what happened until the computer messed up here. I was going to tell you that. Yeah, that'll take forever.
Speaker 2: What what was it about? Kind of?
Speaker 3: I was gonna tell you what Denver did defensively after giving up seventy some points, they actually played pretty well defensively.
Speaker 2: They've been playing pretty well defensively ever since. Uh Nathaniel Hackett came to town. Who's the offensive coordinator of the Jets.
Speaker 4: Now that was the right, right.
Speaker 2: So Sean Payton has taken the worst coach team in the history of football and done wonders with them the last month ever since the worst coach of the history of football put thirty one on him in early October, Hackett hackets with the Jets.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that was with Wilson.
Speaker 5: That what a fire on, right, Sean Payton. He was like, let's let's.
Speaker 4: Roll hackets over the quiet now.
Speaker 8: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: And even the next week they lost to Kansas City, but they only got up nineteen points to the Chiefs that way. They lost nineteen to eight the Broncos, and then they beat Green Bay nineteen to seventeen, and then they beat Kansas City twenty four to nine. They went at Buffalo and they beat Minnesota and now they got Cleveland and at Houston coming up on their scheme.
Speaker 4: So that's impressive.
Speaker 3: Sean Payton must be a pretty good coach, must.
Speaker 2: Be, Yeah, so you don't judge it by what happens in September either.
Speaker 4: And not even now, you can't judge them by what's going on now. It's still a lot of stuff going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we said here before Thanksgiving, or how I'm sitting here touting the NFC teams and okay, let's see it Christmas. What we're saying different.
Speaker 3: Well, it's Bill Paracels used to say, chuck with me after Thanksgiving and I'll tell you where I think my team is.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what Mike McCarthy, I guess, was saying yesterday.
Speaker 5: Said the real football starts now into December, and.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys aren't going to get respect, regular season respect, even until Philadelphia comes here December tenth.
Speaker 4: With the winning.
Speaker 2: See how they're doing Philadelphia, and then.
Speaker 3: That scottle Buffalo, Detroit, Troy, Yeah, Detroit, that is on my radar.
Speaker 4: Rne too, Savannah. I do not trust them. I love Campbell. I mean he's the kind of guy that you know, he gets the most out of his players. No one thought that what's the quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Name, Jared Golf?
Speaker 4: Golf? No one thought that guy would show the kind of calmness that he's showing right now.
Speaker 3: Everybody forgets he was a first round draft choice and he actually and he got.
Speaker 4: The Super Bowl, right, I mean, but but something happened, you know, he started to he started to diminish and now he's not. So it's just like the seventy nothing. Uh. Sean Payton was able to get those guys back on track. He was able to get Campbell, was able to get Golf back on track. And that's hard to do. When he was Detroit. You take I'm going to Detroit. Yes, you're going to Detroit. Oh okay, how about that. That's a trade that worked out for both teams.
Speaker 2: They did, you know, because Rams got Stafford. And one of the reasons that Golf was let go by the Rams is he's now four or five years in the league where now you got to pay him a whole lot of money to be what he was.
Speaker 4: Well here they pay a whole bunch of money to get that Super Bowl team that track.
Speaker 2: Yes, And by the way, speaking another Sean, he's doing a pretty good coaching job. Sean McVay with the Rams this year is doing a pretty good coaching job with what they have, the talent that they have on their roster right now.
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 3: Well, the amazing thing with Detroit is how they're playing offensively. I mean they're scoring a bunch of points.
Speaker 4: They have a lot of talent on that offense.
Speaker 3: When they've gotten beat, the defenses let them down, like make sure I hit the Yeah, they got beat thirty eight six by Baltimore, And where's there.
Speaker 4: A couple of times that's not Detroit.
Speaker 3: That was then Seattle they got beat thirty seven to thirty one. But he beat Kansas City in the season opener.
Speaker 4: That was not a fluke, right, that was not a fluke.
Speaker 2: So and then just last week, they're trailing Chicago with three minutes left in the game and they come back and win that game. They're down double figures to Chicago, right, and come back and win that.
Speaker 4: Now you could say Chicago, but but.
Speaker 2: That says a lot about a team when they come back in the last three minutes to win a game like that. All Right, we're going to take a deeper dive into Washington tomorrow. If you want to do we have to.
Speaker 3: Do picks and pod.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's ahead tomorrow at noon here on mcshots.
Speaker 4: Oh Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club