Speaker 1: Now let's get into the NBA playoffs, and I want to just focus on the Lakers game for meeting with the Timberwolves yesterday, just for a second. I because I don't know if y'all saw what the hell I saw.
Speaker 2: I don't know if y'all saw what the hell I saw.
Speaker 1: But that brother right there, I mean, I know you saw nas Reid hitting the jump shot.
Speaker 2: I know your saw.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: An man is his nickname, It's called Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 3: That's his name. He is twenty.
Speaker 1: Three years old, and he is the best player on the floor compared to Lebron James, Luka doncicc or anybody else.
Speaker 2: You want to bring the dipper.
Speaker 3: The brother is coming.
Speaker 1: He's coming, ladies, gentlemen, already in his young career. Last year he swept Kevin Durant. Last year he sent Yo Kich home in a Game seven in Denver. And he is on the verge right now, and then Lebron James and Luka doncik together home.
Speaker 2: That's what he doing. Forty three points twelve.
Speaker 1: Or twenty three, shooting fifty percent from three point range, fourteen to seventeen in the free throw line, the nine rebounds and six assists, just one turnover in forty four minutes.
Speaker 2: This brother is like a shock in blood.
Speaker 1: Infested waters, and he's about to send somebody called King James by a few people home unless the Lakers are gonna do something about it.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm coming from.
Speaker 1: But I figured my guests would want to talk about it, because you know, you want you want to play the roller NBA analysts. He usually just come on here and have some fun and all less, but he want to act, to hear an NBA analyst today, So I said, you know what, fine, come on, come on, let's talk some basketball.
Speaker 2: You want to do that, Let's do that, all right. Nephew, Josh's in the house.
Speaker 3: Best looking man in the family.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be rude. You don't have to be rue. That's not very nice. It's just I'm your uncle. I'm I'm saying I'm your uncle.
Speaker 1: You know that's not what you say about an elder statesman from your family, which, by the way, you would have looked the way you look if it wasn't for the way me and your mama and your aunt's and stuff look. Okay, you created from somewhere. You get your gs from somewhere. You certainly get your glasses from me. I know that, but you're steal them all the damn time.
Speaker 3: So it's the money then that y'all didn't have. So that's why I just look a little bit better. But were we talking about? What were we talking about?
Speaker 2: I thought you was the NBA analyst? Did you just hear me talking about the Lakes?
Speaker 3: But what's your coaching? What are you saying about j J? What are you trying to say?
Speaker 4: I mean, first of all, it sounds like the whole thing that you just broke down was you're wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Did you not pick the Lakers go to Franks? No?
Speaker 2: Did I picked them to win this series? Though?
Speaker 3: So you're wroom.
Speaker 2: Did you pick the Lakers?
Speaker 3: Now pick Minnesota? When did you pick Minnesota? You see, I ain't been invited in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Picked Minnesota? That is a flat out law. You did not pick Minnesota. So that's what we're doing now.
Speaker 3: As an analyst, you're gonna lie once I break down why I picked them.
Speaker 4: So last year and Edwards lost to Dallas in the Western Conference Finals after a tough seven game series with Denver. Right this year, he catches Luca in the first round. So when when he's coming down to court and he sees Luca in front of him, Austin Reeves in front of him, forty year old Lebron in front of him with no rin protected. The tallest guy that you play is is Finny Finny Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jackson Hayes.
Speaker 4: But he played seven minutes last night, meet me at the rim. And then you got Edwards finishing with forty points. Julius rind who's showing up. He's been hurt for the Knicks to the last two postseasons, so we forgot what he could do in the playoffs and here.
Speaker 3: You got it. We have three to one.
Speaker 2: We by the way, Jackson Hayes only played four minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not even seven.
Speaker 2: He only played four minutes.
Speaker 1: So what do you think of So what do you think about a man man? And what you think about what you see it from under this brother? I mean, he's Jordan Esk.
Speaker 4: You realize he's the face of the league, even when he says that he's not the face of the league.
Speaker 3: That's the reason he's the face.
Speaker 2: You think he's the face of the league over Steph Covery.
Speaker 3: Yes, and Steph is on his way out.
Speaker 2: No, he's not. Have you seen steph play? Have you seen the play? He only got his way out? Where are you going?
Speaker 3: So? So did you? Did you? Did you hear what Paul Pierre said about I did not? What did he say? Let's cut you with griff?
Speaker 2: How you called him?
Speaker 3: My producers to him?
Speaker 5: Anthony Edwards is not looking at Lebron and Luca like you know. He he admired k D, but he ain't gonna be doing all that with him. Then he ain't gonna be doing all that. I don't think. So this is something different like KD is one type of OR, but Lebron is a different or than k D. And he ain't gonna be shooting looking at all that yelling and how you know? I just know I got feel I just got a feeling. You mean you wouldn't, right, you wouldn't. I wouldn't what you just said, you wouldn't be looking at I already did that. I shaid you wouldn't.
Speaker 3: What you mean, I already what you mean? And I did it? When what you mean? When when showed me pull it up on YouTube?
Speaker 5: And then you're talking about come out, I'm talking about you speaking for another man and what he gonna be like.
Speaker 2: Did they say that before the series?
Speaker 3: Before the series?
Speaker 2: So what what was your purpose of calling that up just now?
Speaker 4: Because what he said was the way the way Edwards ended Kevin Durant and was screaming in his face and was you know, going at him. He thought that he wouldn't do that against Lebron. James Griff cut to the next video.
Speaker 2: You calling them for another video? What the hell you been doing?
Speaker 3: It? Don looks like wolfing to me? Wolf wolf wolf, wolf shove.
Speaker 2: It does look the same. This is it looks like what he was doing to Kevin Durant. It's like what he was doing to Kevin.
Speaker 4: A little bit worse because he added a little physical physical to the Yeah, Wolf, who's not gonna do that? So what you're trying to say, I'm trying to say that that's why he's the face everything that y'all appreciate about the old school, it was just bringing it back on top of being able to shoot.
Speaker 1: So bet so you acknowledge that the old school is like, it's like a model that the new generation to cat should follow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all was more angry back then. Michael Jordan said it is because they was doing cocaine and stuff.
Speaker 3: When did he say that? He said it on his documentary. Don't like you ain't see it.
Speaker 1: He said, what that they were doing cocaine?
Speaker 3: You ain't see it. I saw it. I don't recall at we can rewatch it together.
Speaker 2: You making stuff up? You making stuff up?
Speaker 1: So what's gonna happen to the Los Angeles Lakers right now?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 2: They're going on five? Yeah, they're going on five. They don't know five.
Speaker 1: By the way, let me see what you think about what JJ Reddick had to say about not playing his starters the entire nobody but his starters for the entire second half, not using this bench once in the entire second half. Let's see what JJ Reddick has to say about that play that coat.
Speaker 6: You've certainly played well enough to win, and we gave the effort to win, and you know, the not a planned thing to play five guys in the entire second half, asked him at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Told them we had two extra timeouts. You know, if you need to stob let us know. Those guys gave gave a lot.
Speaker 2: H what'd you think about that statement?
Speaker 4: I think what I've been thinking all year that maybe Gilbert Arenas should be the coach and not JJ.
Speaker 2: REDI Gilbert Arenas the coach.
Speaker 3: Why is JJ Reddick the coach.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, what would make you come up with the name Gilbert Arenas.
Speaker 2: I'm not listening.
Speaker 1: Gilbert knows his basketball, he knows about I'm not throwing no shade on Gilbert Reathons, but I'm like, why would you bring up Gilbert's name?
Speaker 4: Because Kobe has stamped Gilbert as one of those brilliant basketball minds. And I think Lebron just stamping JJ Reddick and y'all too, because he was on ESPN to just all of a sudden too. I don't understand that JJ Reddick love and fear from the world either.
Speaker 3: He's done a hell of a job, That's what I think.
Speaker 2: I thought he did a hell of a job.
Speaker 1: Coming into these playoffs, Lakers were a top three seed in.
Speaker 3: The West because you added a top three player.
Speaker 1: Well wait a minute, now, even when Anthony Davis was there before he departed, you were a top five seed.
Speaker 3: Because he's a top seven player, like you said, But.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying the point is that they did that. They had been in a play in the last few years.
Speaker 1: And don't get me wrong, I love Darvin Hamm and I don't think he should have lost his job, But I do believe that JJ Reddick has done an outstanding job up until these playoffs, specifically yesterday. You cannot you cannot go up against young lions and young thoroughbreds like the Minnesota Timberwolves, who are longer, who are very physical, who have defensive tenacity, and you don't use your bench at all. You cannot do that. You gotta play your bench.
Speaker 4: We're talking about JJ Reddick a Tom Thibodeau because I believe Tom Thiberdeau should be the first coach up three one during the playoffs to be fired. What he should be fired right now? Because you know why? Next week is the second round. We keep losing in the second round, we know what's coming. Were playing the Celtics, So it's about how are you gonna lose?
Speaker 3: Are we gonna lose? Because players are dying out from the first round.
Speaker 4: Why did Jalen brus Jalen Bruston broke his anchor yesterday, broke.
Speaker 3: Breaking his fifteen points in this quarter. Was walking around just fine.
Speaker 1: There's no medical diagnosis that said his ankle was broken time.
Speaker 4: Why would you say that Tom Timberdeal got control of this team for four years. How you don't got a roster that you could trust past six players.
Speaker 3: Nobody's gonna call him, I've.
Speaker 1: Always hold I have called him out for that on many, many occasions without the fire. But the fact of the matter is your young whipper snapper self wouldn't know any better.
Speaker 2: You want a round.
Speaker 1: It really mattered when the New York Knicks were losing so badly, we would have laughed the stock.
Speaker 2: Of the whole damn league.
Speaker 1: Now they winning fifty games a year, they're making it to the playoffs and and they're losing. Listen, they beat Indiana in the semifinals last year. If everybody doesn't get injured and they down in game seven, they beat Indiana.
Speaker 2: And this year when they lose, because I believe they would lose the Boston.
Speaker 1: It is the reigning defending NBA champions, who's one of the top two teams in all the Bass, top three teams in all of basketball. That's who they would be losing to. I can't fire man based off of that.
Speaker 4: You're firing him because the players keep getting hurt because you're wearing a mouth. Louel dang Is on crushes. Derek Rose has been in a wheel chair since he was twenty five. It's because Thibodeau doesn't know how to use his complete team.
Speaker 1: I didn't see Derek Rose in a wheelchair. I just saw him a few months ago. He was walking around to.
Speaker 3: Just find it's a figure of speech.
Speaker 4: You know, he's been out in and out of the lineups for seventeen years, since year three.
Speaker 3: So you will fire Tom Thibodaux.
Speaker 1: So since Gilbert and read this would be your coach in Los Angeles, who would be your coach.
Speaker 2: In New York?
Speaker 3: Either?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: You? You? You don't hear what I'm saying. It doesn't sound like I know what I'm talking about. No it does.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like you qualify to be a coach at all.
Speaker 3: So you know who precious that you is?
Speaker 2: Of course I do.
Speaker 3: Why is he playing zero minutes?
Speaker 2: I don't understand, you know, as a start, that's just that you should be playing.
Speaker 3: As a starter.
Speaker 4: He averages thirteen to nine ten games. That's a good enough saying.
Speaker 2: As listen, he should be playing.
Speaker 1: I'm not that, not that, but just because you're right about a point here or there doesn't mean you're qualified to coach. Even I wouldn't want to coach waiting for I want to be well, listen, there's nothing that jump all my money on these jackets and stuff like that. Let me add to first of all, stop talking about the money you spent a jacket, because one minute you spending the money, and mone of the minute you're saying that you got it for me.
Speaker 2: That's number one hours number two, number two. When you think about this, you're talking about the Knicks.
Speaker 1: What would you do differently that would what could you do with this roster that would enable the New York Knicks to beat the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 4: Well, mister Robinson doesn't seem to be able to jump twice anymore, so I would play him just for like you told, you can get But you have to play press the true. You have to trust the duce McBride. These are players that you're trusted all year.
Speaker 1: Duce McBride has been in the games, and when he's been in the games in this series, he hasn't been that effective. He had a good three yesterday, but for the most part he hasn't been that.
Speaker 3: Effective in this campaign. His campaign played seven minutes.
Speaker 1: Campaign should have played more, especially with what he did for you at the beginning of this series, no doubt.
Speaker 4: I'm hearing a lot of should plays and they not playing anyway.
Speaker 3: Fire somebody where is Leon Rose?
Speaker 2: What did you tell him? What would you tell?
Speaker 4: I think we I think we should shake stuff up in and fire Tibodau.
Speaker 2: Who would be the coach other than you if you were?
Speaker 3: Jalen Bruns is dead.
Speaker 1: Rick Bruns okay, and the qualifications that he has and I know he I know he knows basketball. Deon Sanders is a coach, okay, So get rid of Tom, get rid of Tom Timberdaux, and hire Rick Bruns.
Speaker 3: I feel like Tom Tibadau I covered in college.
Speaker 2: You're not covered them with ye exactly.
Speaker 4: And I feel like Tom Thibodeau changed our you know, our mentality and stuff like that. You did your job, You did what Mark Jackson did for Golden State.
Speaker 2: How then't you didn't mentioned hiring Mark Jackson, you.
Speaker 4: Know, for certain reasons and stuff like that. He's always my favorite, but they never move on that. So let's not even wasted.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to say before I throw you off the show.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, yeah, in't been out of the week, and you've been texting me because you missed me.
Speaker 2: You missed your uncle so much.
Speaker 4: Now I've been trying to. I've been trying to. I've been trying to figure out on the internet. They were trying to help me negotiate my contract.
Speaker 2: So yearly right, your contract, your contract.
Speaker 4: With who like I was our contract?
Speaker 3: You got one hundred. I wasn't aware.
Speaker 1: I wasn't aware that that that you were in a position to negotiate a contract. So you were talking about you getting advice about how to negotiate a contract with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, only because like on first take, it's like eighty of like rotating and stuff like that. So y'all splitting that big pot on here for the most part, me and you.
Speaker 2: Me and you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what do you think you've done to deserve money for me?
Speaker 3: For here?
Speaker 4: It's not so much what I think. I speak for the people.
Speaker 1: Well, the people are fully aware that you steal from your uncle.
Speaker 2: You take my shades, you know, you take you take other things. Okay, you go on trips, you book it to my car. This is what you tell you brag about this stuff.
Speaker 1: So basically what you're saying is you've already taken my money. You've already taken my money, you know, So why should.
Speaker 2: I have to give you anything?
Speaker 3: Well, since we doing that?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, since we're doing that, why do I have to give you anything? Since you've already been taking not my permission, by the way.
Speaker 4: Because I'm tired of those rooms being out. And then tomorrow's I got a skybox?
Speaker 3: Did you see it?
Speaker 2: You got a skybox?
Speaker 3: You're coming with? Who?
Speaker 2: You got a skybox with me?
Speaker 3: You can come?
Speaker 2: What makes you think I'm going to the game?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: But you talk about we said, I'm sitting court side.
Speaker 3: So we paid twice. No, I got a Skybucks in.
Speaker 2: Well, you go to get the skybox all you want to, but I didn't pay for that. I'm sitting court side. You can say.
Speaker 4: From the last show, Yeah, she's gonna be in the Skybucks.
Speaker 3: Come on, cool Keisha, that cool thing from Jersey.
Speaker 2: You actually really reached out to her.
Speaker 3: She had reached out to me. I answered, I'm here, I'm gonna kick your ass.
Speaker 2: You reached out to that girl.
Speaker 3: She reached out to me, she said it.
Speaker 2: Did you see her? Is she worth going to the game too.
Speaker 3: I'm going on from the skyboxer you know Keisha and the Skybox. Yeah, yes, my hat. How you get the skybos? How to get the Skybucks?
Speaker 2: He get the Skybox. It's not free.
Speaker 3: They watched the show. I mean they believe.
Speaker 2: It's not free.
Speaker 3: Josh.
Speaker 1: I know, I better not see some ship on my card that that that that for the charging me for the sky by.
Speaker 4: At this point now I don't even need the card. They'd be like, that's Stephen age nephew with the company car.
Speaker 3: I don't even need the physical.
Speaker 4: It's just you just canna handle it, like I owe people in your name to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't got the card. I'd be like, you got it. I know you got it.