Speaker 1: What's up. It's a sauce on the side, and we just have to start this podcast over because there have been too many distractions. We have people walking in and out of the studio, we have people waving outside the door. It's stressful. I will say this a million times. I understand why they have signs at the zoo that say do not tap on glass. They should have signs at the zoo that say don't stare too long, you creep, because you know how weird it feels to just get stared out from outside this glass.
Speaker 2: It is very weird.
Speaker 1: It's strange. I get why those gorillas are like flinging poop and stuff at people. Oh absolutely.
Speaker 2: I just hate the fact that it's always the kids that they fling poop at and they slam on the windows, and I'm like, poor kid, get the parent.
Speaker 1: This parent is atrocious. Yeah, anyway, we're breaking up the episodes. We've had a lot of guests lately and I love it. We're gonna have a guest probably next week in the week after. But people demand you and Andrew on the show, and I love that. So I've left Andrew out good and brought you because a lot to discuss. I love it you brought up something earlier, because today is the day. By the time you hear this, we'll have an answer. If you don't hear this, we have an answer that three I Atlas. Media is supposed to have made its past, and it's billions of years old. They're saying the way that it moves the tail, all kinds of stuff. It is not natural. It is something with a life that we don't understand. And I say, please, please take me.
Speaker 2: You say no, no, And I don't believe it. I think that we're doing ourselves a disservice by thinking that aliens that we're smart enough to keep up with aliens.
Speaker 1: Now I know we're not. That's why I'm like, please take me. I'm tired of this.
Speaker 2: So as ghetto, I think that if they do decide to come to the ghetto, it's gonna be the like, we're never gonna see it coming. We're not gonna know anything about it. No one is going to be able to put clues together and like have us anticipating something done nothing I.
Speaker 1: Get, I guarantee, she says, having zero knowledge whatsoever. But I believe that whatever is out there is so much smarter and stronger and more technologically advanced than us. If they have gotten to us and we've never gotten to them, they're already running laps around us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I like to think that kindness and empathy are signs of intelligence. When you have an open mind, you say, hey, let me take a look at this, and not just stomp on the ant hill. You know, Like I think a smarter, more enlightened person is going to say, hey, there's a whole society over there. I Am not going to just stomp on it, but like you know, a little kid's gonna go over and do all kinds of crazy stuff to an ant hill. I think if the aliens make it to us, they're not of that mindset unless we are what I think we are, which is a virus that's just spreading and killing the earth. And then they're like, you know what, enough of you, you people have done bad things. You're out.
Speaker 2: I've never thought of us would being a virus?
Speaker 1: Have you seen what we do the planet? Well? Yeah, but like also kill it and multiply.
Speaker 2: So that means that there are some good viruses out there, because there are some good people a part of a society.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know about that, and like humans spread like a virus and act like a virus, which I think most people don't want to have a virus. Sure, I mean there are some good cells out there, but I'm not talking about it that way. I think that we are a virus on this earth. I mean, we've talked about this before, but if you ever watched the show called After Humans everything regenerates. The one thing that keeps the earth in bad positions, in a bad place and climate change happening all the time is us human beings and the things that we've created and how we then implement them. It's pretty terrible. I mean we saw during COVID when you take humans out of the mix, the animals started coming back. The waterways of Venice were clear enough and clean enough to have dolphins.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, WHOA, all.
Speaker 1: You to do is take us out of the mix. I'm just saying, I want to see those aliens come here and to your point, spank people. Yeah, so I ask you, Diamond, you actually asked me, but I'm gonna throw it back at you. Who in the building would you like to get spanked by aliens?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I have two answers. Okay, Andrew for sure.
Speaker 1: Because like the noise he would make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I just would love to see him in pain, you know. And now that I'm thinking, I kind of want to see Eric Wellman get spanked. Why just because he's like a big guy and I would love to see him being dominated. Okay, you know all right?
Speaker 1: And it would be funny, you know what I would like to do. What I would like to take our lovely like maintenance staff, Karen and Kiki and Hector, and I would love to put the paddle in their hands and be like, you've seen what goes around here, and you guys understand who is and isn't respectful and just like a decent human rain terror Oh, I would love to see that.
Speaker 2: Well, if that's the case, I you know one person, the person who blows the bathroom up every.
Speaker 1: Day, and you've identified who that I know.
Speaker 2: Exactly who you are, you little torp.
Speaker 1: Would you like to see that person get spanks?
Speaker 2: Or I'm back there and I want the spank where it's like you know you did. I want that. I want that absolutely.
Speaker 1: I've never met someone who wants to have kids just to discipline them like you.
Speaker 2: You know just a little, and I can't wait to say, you know, what used to happen to me? This is light and I didn't even really get spank so like to talk about this what happened to you? It's okay? Could you know you could parents lie to their kids all the time. I'd love to do that. Back in my day, I used to walk up hills both ways.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, let me tell you. I never thought hills both ways was a thing until I went to Portugal and I was like, shit, there are hills everywhere. Really, Oh my god, house is even possible. Every turn I take there's another hill and they all go up. I don't understand the kiddings of it. It was a great place. I'd love to live there, and everyone's probably really healthy. Really we walked. Everybody is awesome. So another thing that I wanted to mention real quickly. The podcast team has been on it and done some really cool stuff. So now we're gonna have promos running that you haven't heard before. If you listen to the Big Show. The Instagram page that is now up God Sauce on the side, come and follow. I don't know how we got that handle because I'm pretty sure we looked it up before and it was not available, but now it is and we have it, so that's exciting. So come follow We're gonna post little clips from the show, longer clips from the show. Anything you want. You can communicate with us over there, ask us questions.
Speaker 2: Tell us topics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like anything you want. We're gonna handle all that at the Instagram page at sauce on the side. So thank you to everyone who helps set it up, and thank you for following.
Speaker 2: Please follow up, Yeah I do.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I am going to beg please. But Diamond has some things on her mind. We need to talk about you at the Sabrina Carpenter concerts. You have a lot of big thoughts.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of thoughts. But also let me preface this by saying that I had to tell the person that I was with, I will embarrass you tonight. Why. Like I looked at Kara, our music director. Yeah, she is not easily embarrassed. But when I'm like flying off the handles and doing something outrageous, She's like one of the first people that's like, calm it down, were you.
Speaker 1: Doing your jitterbug dance?
Speaker 2: Because that wasn't all right, and you see how we get there. But kind of on theme, kind of on theme, Okay, I felt like I was at a taping of I Love Lucy, Like yeah, no, literally, her Serena Carpenter's stage setup is like a house where she's filming a show, okay, and so in the morning it's a daytime show and she's like not ready for it, so she's running around and then she comes back at night and it's like the after dark version and it's so good. Like I love Beyonce, but Beyonce just goes on the stage and perform songs the way that she wants to write.
Speaker 1: Oh what are you about to say?
Speaker 2: No? But Sabrina, it's an experience. It's a different type of experience where like I felt like I was in an audience for a show, and I.
Speaker 1: Love that that's exciting, like a theme. I love that a lot of little kids go to see Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Right like they love her and they shouldn't their parents soon spank them. If you took your kid to the Sabrina Carpenter concert, knowing what her lyrics say and you've seen her music videos, you deserve to get spanked, Like paddle to ask, what do people say belt to ask? You deserve it? This woman is like the amount of sexual references that I don't think are like undercover. It's like she's very blunt about everything.
Speaker 1: We bleep. Her song on the Air Tears, Oh yes, it's I mean, the lyric is something like you make me wet, tears run.
Speaker 2: Down down my guy, excuse me, ma'am, Like what, I don't think that's in nuendo.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's a right over the head.
Speaker 2: Then there's a song called good Graces, which is one of my favorites, but like, I'm an adult, so I don't think about it. But the lyrics are I don't give a fuck about you. I don't give a fuck, and like the kids, they're right next to me and I'm screaming it and I shouldn't feel bad.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't know you went to an adult thing.
Speaker 2: Like then she's doing sex positions everywhere. I mean, it's a very interesting show, but not for a kid. These little girls with cowboy hats. I'm like, okay, So.
Speaker 1: I get very torn about that. For a lot of reasons. My parents we've talked about this before, but they did not let me watch TV until I was like fifteen years old. If I want to watch things, I was like sneaking it at a friend's house or if they weren't home. I was trying to watch some stuff. But outside of that, they didn't let me watch anything. However, they never stopped me from listening to any type of music, and I mean any type of music. My mom heard me listening to Eminem's first album and was astounding. She said, what is happening?
Speaker 2: Is he killing someone?
Speaker 1: There's a child involved? What is this? And then she just walked right out like she was like okay, whatever. They didn't really we had in the way of music. I don't know why they didn't, and movies, Like I went to rated our movies with them all the time. They were the parents who probably would have taken me to Sabrina Carpenter's show. And then when I asked a question they would explain it. Oh oh yeah, I mean you asked my parents anything. They did not sugarcoat. They were like we talked about this on the air once, but they were like, hey, your fish is dead. What what happened? Yeah, your fish died. I was like okay, yeah. Other parents are like, oh, we're gonna sugarcoat this, not mine. They believe sugarcoating gives you cavities. They just tell you things. And then I got in trouble for telling other kids those things.
Speaker 2: Oh you were one of those.
Speaker 1: Uh, First of all, do you know what it's like knowing about Santa? Do you know what it's like knowing about Santa and being surrounded by people that's who don't what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You know what? The gandhis jail probably six months federal penitentiary. Wait no, yeah, no, okay, wait.
Speaker 1: Let's back this up for one second. Lying to your kids about Santa is diabolical. It's crazy because you are setting them up for the biggest disappointment when they figure out that that thing is not real. Why would you just light to them right off the bat instead of and this is where my parents came at it, from telling them the truth about Santa, because you're going to behave for this mythological thing that's going to vanish when you're like eight. I don't know how old are kids when they find out, Oh my god, how old are they?
Speaker 2: I was ten?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was ten?
Speaker 1: You were ten years old believing in Santa? Yeah, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: No, yes, I think that it lets your kid be a kid, like, okay, a kid.
Speaker 1: Without believing in Santa.
Speaker 2: And then when I realized that it was my parents' dad.
Speaker 1: Tell you the story about how I realized I'm fascinated.
Speaker 2: Asked for a drum kit or a drum set, and in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve, my dad was putting it together and he knocked the whole thing over. So it was just like, so I got up and I like snuck to the staircase and I could see him in mom like trying to put it together, and I just was I appreciated it. I was like, oh wow, but I had been asking for like a year or two before that, like is Santah really real? And my mom was like, well, do you believe that he's real. If you believe that, then he's real.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, is that not the case for really everything? Yeah, But like, I think it's weird that parents just set their kids up with this life for no reason. My mom was like, everyone's gonna do this whole like, you better be good because Sanna's watching. No, I want you to be good because I'm watching.
Speaker 2: And oh when it gives you.
Speaker 1: A Christmas gifts. Also, if you're gonna behave, behave for your father and me, not Santa. Please.
Speaker 2: Santa was bringing me gifts regardless. I learned that very early. Okay, my teacher tried to tell on me. We went to see Santa when I was like in pre k, and the teacher was like, Diamond has not like Diamond is talkative, she's not quiet in class when I need her to be quiet. And the white Santa said, well, it looks like you're gonna get coal. And then I went to see the black Santa, and the teacher tried to do the same damn thing. You know what. He said, It's okay, you're gonna get it, don't worry about it. And I said, hey, I'm gonting regardless. I'm a yapper by nature. Babes, this isn't.
Speaker 1: Gonna stop distrust. The white men began, uh oh, I don't know. Maybe it goes back to Santa. My sister. Apparently, my parents did try with my sister, but she figured it out like very young. What they said, she was like a baby baby, like barely talking. And she made a comment that my mom used the same wrapping paper as Santa and that was weird. Oh and my mom was like, ah shit.
Speaker 2: Oh stop, but that's so cute. See, okay, you can't like if your kid asks or figures it out, then it's like okay whatever. But like I know a parent who shut it down and was like, no, there is no Santa.
Speaker 1: I'm like, come on, don't do that. I wouldn't at this at this age. I would not do that to someone else's kid. But when you're a kid and you're like.
Speaker 2: I know something that's messed up.
Speaker 1: I know this thing and I can prove it, and you're all your dumb little friends running around talking about Santa. My idiots ridiculous.
Speaker 2: You know what, kids like you deserve to get tripped somebody. You were the tripper. You're ruining Santa dreams and you're tripping these damn kids jail.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you this, when you're a little person, you have to be resourceful. You think I can like take people hand to hand combat. No, most people are ten times my size. That was dramatic. Three times my size not gonna work for me ANYW.
Speaker 2: I digress trying to figure out where your villain story actually starts.
Speaker 1: I'm not a villain.
Speaker 2: What is it your origin story? Where did it start? Because if you were people when you were a kid, exactly, you're unwell.
Speaker 1: My dad told this story when he was on the podcast. There's a kid that used to pick on me in our old neighborhood and I threw banana peels at him and he fell and hurt himself. And guess what, he did not pick on me anymore after that.
Speaker 2: But it started before that.
Speaker 1: It had to it might have my origin story. So I wanted to mention something that I think is the funniest story that we'll probably never talk about on the air. Like fully, I sort of alluded to it, but I did this speaking panel. On the speaking panel were four people. It was me, funk Master Flex, who is like a very popular DJ here in New York. If you don't know.
Speaker 2: Who he is, he terrorized New Yorkers for thirty years.
Speaker 1: Okay, that in Diamond is a New Yorker for thirty years, so she has full awareness of this. A guy named Noah Eagle who is a sports commentator, and a guy named Chavoy from The Chaboys. The Cha Boys Show, I believe is what it's called. And the four of us are up there in front of all these people at this advertising agency and we are talking about serious business, not that serious, but they were, you know, talking about like influencer culture and how does this impact you guys, and how do you pick clients and blah blah. It was great, everything was going fine. But our man flex not once, but twice, possibly three times, needed them to repeat the question and then blamed me for him not knowing what the question was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did? Why would I blame you?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, she's distracting me. I was like, from what what is happening right here? And I couldn't tell if it was like him trying to be like cute and flirty, like, oh, I'm distracted, or if he was genuinely like this bitch is talking too much. I don't know. My answers were short, they were short and sweet, you know me. I don't want to overtalk it on these things. I just want to deliver the information. So I get blamed twice for him not knowing what the question is. Now fast forward to the end. We know the order in which we're answering the questions, So they ask a question, I answer. He's up next. He answers. Then he's done, right, he doesn't have to pay attention to the rest because he's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This man pulled out his phone, opened up Instagram. I am not joking. Started watching reels with the volume on that's sick, the volume on Diamond. He was on the panel.
Speaker 2: What were the reels? Could you make out what was being said?
Speaker 1: No, because I look, I know it was like a light skinned guy talking, maybe a white guy, maybe a spinna guy. I don't know. But I looked at him and I was like, for real, are you serious right now? And he goes oh and put it away and then did it immediately after again. He did it twice. I was dying inside because I thought it was so funny and insane all at the same time that I was like, I just I can't wrap my head around what the necessity would be, like if it was a text message or something that had been going off repeatedly and you were like, oh, my phone has been going off non stop, let me check. That's one thing. But reels with the volume.
Speaker 2: On the man is unwell twice the man is unwell, And like, I.
Speaker 1: Loved everything about it. It's crazy, but I loved it.
Speaker 2: It could be in a good way or it could be in a bad way, like he would premiere songs but talk over the songs and so.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, so this is like lifelong yes.
Speaker 2: And you know, like we what back in quote unquote back in my day, we couldn't like download this something. We had to literally listen to them premiere on the radio and he would start the song, drop bombs and talk over it, start it over. I don't know how many times do you remember when jay Z and Kanye dropped otis Yes, And there's like viral footage, not even footage, because it's just audio of him playing the song for the first time, and he kept starting it over and he goes, I want you to go into your local corner store right now, stick your hand behind the cash register. And it's just like, what, why can we just hear the song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, as the song's premiering, he's encouraging you to rob.
Speaker 2: Yesodegas, Yes, get.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 2: I gotta look for it.
Speaker 1: Why is that so funny? He's okay tracks, I was dying laughing because I've done like a few of these panels, and without getting too deep into the weeds, sometimes I feel like I'm unpunked because it cannot be possible that this is how this is actually going down. Let me tell you, I'm pretty sure I've referenced this before, but I did one with our man Alec Baldwin, oh the day after Trump won the election. I to this day, I'm not really sure what happened during that time. I just remember thinking, huh, it was incredible. But now they so that they have you with him. I actually thought he was a great time by the way, fun guy. And I know a lot of people have differing opinions on that. I'm not telling you that you're wrong. I'm just saying my one experience with him was a blast. I mean they would be like, so the weather, he's like And let me tell you something else about Trump. It was amazing. It was so funny.
Speaker 2: You see the footage of him in the city, just like arguing with people on the street. It's like, what did you do to piss off Alec Baldwin.
Speaker 1: Probably yelled some crazy stuff at him.
Speaker 2: Oh man, he gives it.
Speaker 1: He's one of those people just no fucks given. He doesn't care. He's gonna fight you. He will yell at you back. And sometimes I applaud it because I'm like, good, don't let people talk to you all crazy because they think that you're not going to do something because you have something to lose every now and then. You got to meet people on their level every now and then. The high road is a little difficult.
Speaker 2: I think. Once it's being proven that once a man gets ober a certain age, women do too. But these men have been very angry. Like Denzel Washington. He just became like a deacon in his church, and I feel like after that that just gave him the authority in his head to just start cursing people out on the street. Did you see the video of him last week?
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 2: A guy asked for his autograph because his window was down, and he told him no, and he was just like, well that's messed up, man. You're just sitting at the light like the guy was clearly wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But Denzel pulls out a video of like a cloud. He goes, do you believe in God? And the guy is like, of course I do. Like they're arguing and he goes, you see this, I took this picture. It looks like God is in the sky. Don't mess swim me. He's like, watch how you're talking to me. But like he's so mean, Like it's mean old man.
Speaker 1: Mean old man. And you know what, Nate, he's not one hundred percent there, but he is sliding down that slope fast. Nate's like one step away from mean old man. I think the beginning of mean old man happens when no matter what somebody says, you tell them the negative of that statement. Like example, if it's a beautiful day, you say, oh my god, it is such a beautiful day, here comes Nate, you better enjoy it now because the Raine's coming, and then you're not gonna be able to leave your house. I'm like, why are you threatening me at every turn? What has happened?
Speaker 2: He did that to Deanna, He's done it all the time. Was like, yeah, and where we officially have a wedding day? Blah blah blah. He's like, oh, man, don't get mad.
Speaker 1: You can yawn. And he's like being tired in the morning, first sign of dementia. I'm like, what, bruh, why are you like this?
Speaker 2: Oh it's so funny.
Speaker 1: It is hilarious, but it's also like I laugh at it because obviously in this room it's like a controlled environment, so we're all used to him and it's not a big deal. But I have seen him in the wild behaving the same way, and I'm like, you talk to listeners like that, he's crazy. Yeah, somebody be like, I listen to your show every morning. Enjoy it. Now everyone's losing their job.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna have a radio.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, he's crazy. You're laughing for the true because it is true.
Speaker 2: He's crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh out, Yeah, I think that's where it starts. Once you notice that happening, you can either intervene and maybe that personal change, or you're just like, we're on a journey now.
Speaker 2: But at least he's not angry. No, he's just a down.
Speaker 1: Not yet, I don't know. I've seen we've seen him a couple of times throw some things around here and it is kind of laughable.
Speaker 2: Though he hasn't done that in a while.
Speaker 1: We should have him on here to defend himself about why he does this. Please question to you, who in this room or not even just this room on the show, do you take seriously if they're angry, Because it's real hard for me to take anyone around here seriously when they're angry. Who do you take seriously?
Speaker 2: Maybe Danielle, Definitely not Elvis. Definitely not Nate, because Elvis just like shoots up like high blood pressure and comes right back down.
Speaker 3: It's like okay, like guyser, Yeah, and then he wants to laugh afterwards. I'm like, okay, whiplash. I haven't seen scary angry maybe once, but like he just rambles, I've seen it, but I laugh at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what Nate, same thing. I think it's hilarious. Yeah, Scottie can't take him seriously at all.
Speaker 1: Andrew can't take him seriously.
Speaker 2: And I laugh, Josh, I think it's funny. Like I'm like, oh, you think you're scaring someone, it's not happening. So I think maybe Danielle because she when she gets like actually angry, it's of there's a like it's a sub like there's substance there. Yeah, and it's like, Okay, I get it, like okay, yeah, yeah, maybe you don't really get angry. No, I don't see it, like I can't. Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sure I take anyone seriously.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: It's probably very toxic because for the most part, what pushes people over the edge. Even though Danielle would probably be the one that's like the most substance behind what she's angry about. I still think it's funny because I'm like, what is it that we do here again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And what are we pissed off about? Because chat GPT just wrote us the stupidest promo I've ever seen in my life. Okay, that's funny. A laugh at it. I read and I don't know how true it is because I didn't do a deep dive into it. But people who laugh in there were two different theories people who laugh in serious situations. One theory is that they're incredibly intelligent and they're able to see humor very quickly where other people might not. The other one is that they're psychopaths.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I kind of lean more into that one, because think of all the people you know who laugh at inappropriate times. It's like it is a disorder. No, Like, I would never laugh at a funeral, but I'll laugh at the people here when they're mad.
Speaker 2: I've laughed at funerals. I laughed at my grandfather's funeral. Why because Diamond, because my distant aunt, his sister, who shouldn't have even been invited if you ask me, sure, Yeah, because it was during COVID and that we can only invite eight people. He has two kids, a wife, and four grandchildren. That's already nine people. And then it should have been the in laws, right like so like my dad or my aunt. Okay, they invited his sister, who they didn't have the best relationship anyway, So like it's just like, listen, this is this is a closed place. Get out of here. She came in there and showed her ass and was just like hollering, and I was like, are you okay? Answering, and then she's like she starts saying things and it was just so funny to me, like she was trying to say river, but it was ribber, and for some reason it made me laugh and I could not stop laughing, Like I don't know, I don't know. It was insane. And my uncle we got my grandfather of baseball, and my uncle tried to put it in the casket and it fell all the way to the bottom of the casket and was like making noise underneath, and it was hilarious. So it's like, why would I not laugh. I'm gonna laugh about it later on when I could laugh about a year, so I'm my boyfriend's funeral. Oh god.
Speaker 1: There were some humorous moments. Specifically, they so he the actual funeral was in the Bahamas and they had one of these like episcopal pastors. I think that's what he was. Who was so dramatic and Chad was so not religious like he was. He was like me, He's like, I believe in a higher power. I am spiritual, but you can't tell me that this is the way that it is. Like, there's just no So this guy's up there yelling, by the way, he's one of those like if you didn't believe in this, you're gonna burn in hell people. And he's sitting there talking about and if brother Chad did not believe in Jesus, did not believe in blah blah, right now he is burning in hell. At the funeral, he was saying, oh, And in my head I was chuckling because I was like, first of all, no, he's not. But second of all, who wrote this speech? Why why are you yelling about the possibility that this person who we are all crying over and just devastated that this very young man is now gone. Why are you even tossing out the possibility that he's burning in hell at this moment.
Speaker 2: Is insane.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. And I hadn't had a lot of sleep, and in my head, I was like, he would love this. He would be dying if he was here, no pun intendant, but ah, he was here. King would have had a laugh at that because it was crazy.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't say things like that. I don't want to say you're not supposed to, but I don't think you're supposed to say things like that at a funeral.
Speaker 1: I have never heard something like that before in my life. And even my mom she was sitting there like squeezing my arm like are you okay? I was like, oh, this is great. This is exactly what I needed because the fuck what crazy pants? A lot of crazy stuff? Oh god? Yeah, So I guess we have left at funerals Like funerals are that? Laugh was inside? Funerals are hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I went to a funeral last year and someone they they were making an announcement about where the repass was and somebody must have typed in the address and didn't turn the volume down in so ways was like en root to blah blah blah. It's like you can't make this leave damn.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, So on that similar note. At my great aunt's funeral, she was like a sort of a distant aunt. My sister and I shut up to represent the family. And it was at the time that blackberries existed, and I had a BlackBerry. And apparently, even if you shut your phone off, which happens with these ones too, the alarm will still go off at the time. The alarm is supposed to go off as long as there's power. So I shut my phone off. The alarm went off, and I was like, oh, and I buried it in my purse because I thought, you know what this is off? I shut it off. No, but apparently when I shut it off, I must have done something where like I hit snooze, I don't know. Nine minutes later I did it again, and my very angry uncle with a thick Indian accent, yelled, somebody.
Speaker 2: Shut up and you didn't let that.
Speaker 1: And my sister was like, you, dick, you deserve that, you dick. I'm like, I totally do, but that's so funny. Somebody shut up. Incredible stuff. And my fucking dad, my dad can't be trusted with anything. You've met him. He's a lunatic. He truly, you know how like there are some African communities where they like taxidermy the person in a weird way. My dad wants that.
Speaker 2: No, he's like, I want to be No, he's not.
Speaker 1: It's not happening. We told him it's not happening, and he's not because he says this is his final wish. He wants to be stuffed and put into position like Superman, and he wants it to say to Andromeda.
Speaker 2: And he's serious. Yeah, you know, my dad made this, Like I don't know this. He gave us an order the other day about what he wants in the casket with him, and I was like, what do you want? Like what? He goes a picture of me and my sisters.
Speaker 1: That's sweet.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not said it in front of his wife and one of two of his children. And I was like, what about your wife and what about your daughters? He was like, okay, but I'm talking about my sisters right now. I'm like, are you insane? I get to it.
Speaker 1: When I get to it, what about us? I want my remains scattered on a beach. Oh god, but before I'm cremated. What just for the fun of it.
Speaker 2: You're not okay, You're not okay.
Speaker 1: I want to be I would want to be like one of those coral reef boxes, or like a tree, just something that goes back to the earth and then something grows from it. But I am not above terrorizing people before that moment. You see the people that are like, ah, I'm gonna make sure that my phone has an auto sund on text messages so at my funeral I can be like, thanks for coming. I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: If we are someone who would do something like that, for sure. No, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: You say this all the time, and I mean this. I don't understand why we don't treat birthdays like funerals, where people get up there and say all the nice things that they have to say about somebody while they're alive and they can hear it. That's so much better. And that's why I ask for love letters, like it's so much better than waiting until they're gone and saying all this nice stuff about them when they're not here. That's why I try to be really nice to the people who I love and tell them all the great things about themselves when they're still here. Why are you gonna wait. Sure, still waiting on my love letter from you. I haven't forgotten it's been two years.
Speaker 2: I'm not a good writer. Did I tell you I'm having the hardest time writing my my maid of Honesty?
Speaker 1: Did I told you I'll help you with it? Have you talked to our preacher?
Speaker 2: I have it. Gave me a good little like outline. Okay, it's kind of cheesy.
Speaker 1: So what do you want it to be? What's the mood of the letter that you want or the speech that you want.
Speaker 2: From I want it to be funny, okay, but yeah, I don't know. I'm like every day I think of another story that I could use, and I'm like, oh, maybe I won't use that story, I'll use this one. And then the next day it's like, well, she put me on a time limit. She told me two minutes max.
Speaker 1: What would stop you from getting up and doing four two minute sets? Let me talk it hurts?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were no speeches, Like my dad demanded that he do one. He really wanted to do one, so she was like okay, So he got up and gave a speech and the entire time He's just such a dad, right, and he always just treats us like his little buddy. So he she had her hair done for her wedding, and he kept like touching the top of her head and doing all like shake things. So I'm recording it, and as I'm recording and he's talking, I was like, stop touching her hair, get off, what are you doing? But yeah, I didn't. I didn't give a speech at hers. I've done it in all of the weddings that I've been made of honor for.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Yeah, I think you can do it.
Speaker 1: I think you're going to be great.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else on your mind? This is like literally the ramblings of two tired women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, this can't wait. I keep thinking today's Friday. I thought I was gonna go home and get my.
Speaker 1: Bad Not you're not. I mean, you can go home and get in your bed, but you're gonna have to get up and do this again tomorrow. It's been a long.
Speaker 2: Week, Yeah, it has.
Speaker 1: Well, the last three weeks of my life and the next three weeks of my life have been so crazy busy that it was actually insane that I decided to take the weekend and go hang out at a cabin in the woods. But that was so nice. But I could have just stayed home and like relax, and I didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Well, that was supposed to be relaxing.
Speaker 1: It was. It was great, but I still left my home. You know, there's stuff that I should probably be doing. But I really wanted to see those leaves and they were gorgeous. And let me tell you, we should take a trip up there and like winter or something and enjoy it because it was beautiful. I keep saying I want to do Yellowstone. I'm not sure that that's actually gonna work out this year, but I would definitely do upstate New York. It's beautiful, really, Oh my god, it's and I know people are gonna fight me on like what is upstate? It is up from here. It is the state of up from where I am right now. So it was upstate. It was like two and a half hours away. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's the same.
Speaker 1: No, I'll be going to a cabin in the woods, Ato.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you go back to that same cabin, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I would not do that. So the one that I went to was very secluded and isolated and didn't even have a good Wi Fi signal and once you went in they had it, but outside you couldn't really find your way around easily. It felt very much in a lot of places like the Hills have Eyes with like kind of towny folk being like, y'all don't look like you're from around here. Nope, where a y'all staying?
Speaker 2: We were like what Nope.
Speaker 1: Some of the windows did not have curtains at night, so that was I mean, they didn't have curtains in the day either, but I wasn't worried about that. At nighttime. It was a little scary, but it was so pretty. We had the prettiest height to a waterfall. It was nice. It was a nice reset. However, I should have stayed my ass at home because I have so much to do.
Speaker 2: You need an app.
Speaker 1: We all need an app. First world problem though.
Speaker 2: Right, No, okay, everybody needs an app.
Speaker 1: Everybody does need an app.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I just like, I don't know. I think all the things that I'm busy with at the moment are things that I want to be doing, are projects that I'm interested in and excited about. So I'm trying not to be too much of a party pooper about it fine, Simon. If people want to follow you online, where do they find you? At Diamonds and Sarah on Instagram, At Diamonds and Sarah on Instagram and threads. Is that still a dumpster fire you're liking?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, but I don't. I don't. I almost said I don't tweet, I don't post on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. I am at Baby Hot Sauce. Still pretty sure I'm shadow band, but who's to say? And then now you can follow Sauce on the side, the actual podcast page, Sauce on the side on Instagram, like follow, subscribe, if you are listening on the iHeartRadio app, leave us a talkback. We're gonna get to those again soon. And yeah, I think our next couple guests are gonna be fun. I don't want to give them away yet, because you know, everything's subject to change. One might get me canceled, both might get is canceled.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: What a tease? Okay, until next time, Say bye, Diamond Bye.