Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jetta and he.
Speaker 2: Arms We're from Studio C Say Senor.
Speaker 3: We're in a dim lit room deeput them the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound.
Speaker 4: And today midweek Wednesday, we're under the Tidlage Bauer General Manager.
Speaker 1: The mighty Doge.
Speaker 4: Wow, how do you I almost work with the constitution which is in a crisis. I'm told I want to talk about that, but uh yeah, the whole the whole Doage thing continues to.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems to be the hottest.
Speaker 3: Story in politics, and it's one of the more interesting things in we've seen happen in any administration. I agree, it's super interesting on a number of levels. I Mean, the obvious is everybody knows the everybody with the New York Times we'll get to that later, knows that the federal government is incredibly bloated and complex and wasteful and the rest of it. So it's fun to see it cut down the whole question of whether this is a constitutional crisis. It's not whether Jade Evan said, we will defy the courts.
Speaker 1: He didn't. How all of that works, how spending works.
Speaker 3: It's all been very interesting for me doing a deep dive into it. I used that expression yesterday and it occurred to me. Nobody ever does a shallow dive.
Speaker 1: Why not? Or a medium dive. It's always deep.
Speaker 3: I often do shallow dives into many things. I'm a first paragraph guy. That's enough for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The constitutional crisis is getting thrown around a lot. It seems that when most people talk about a constitutional crisis, they mean if one branch does something and then the other branch, using the levers and powers given to them by the constitution, corrects that like the Trump's I mean the court with the president, like happened with Biden, and it's happened with Trump or Congress or whatever.
Speaker 1: They call that a constitutional crisis. It's the opposite.
Speaker 3: It's a constitution doing exactly what it was designed to do. The branches, you know, fighting against each other and working out. That's not a constitutional crisis, right. And as I heard the brilliant Charlie Cook at National Reviews say the other day, when their guy does what our guy just did, that's a constitutional crisis now and must be dealt with and rained as power must be rained in right. A constitutional crisis would be if one of the branches refused to go along with whatever the decision ends up being, and then what do you do that things could get difficult.
Speaker 1: And we haven't had that happen yet.
Speaker 3: No, and I mean it would have to be a Supreme Court ruling that's issued probably that is just openly defied. No, we're not going along with that and force it if you can, to paraphrase Andrew Jackson back in the day. But I firmly, firmly believe there would be an enormous ground swell of this can't happen. This is an actual constitutional crisis that would cross party lines, and it would be dealt with fairly swiftly, I believe. I think a president who did that would be impeached. So I keep saying it should say something to you. The way these people are digging in over the idea of anybody cutting any jobs or any budget. I mean, they're like hair on fire for alarm fire. This is the worst thing that has ever happened, the idea of shrinking government. And it continues, and we got more clips from one of their shouting rallies yesterday. But I heard one politician, now remember who it was, standing there and screaming, I am counting on the American to have our backs, we civil servants, to have our backs and protect us.
Speaker 1: And I thought, that's.
Speaker 3: The weird relationships some people have with the government, or you think we should have with the government. Why would America have your back if you might lose your job anymore than when ten thousand people are fired from Facebook or people get laid off a GM or anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Why no, we shouldn't.
Speaker 3: But you half the country and all the people in government think it's a different thing, that it's some sort of I don't even know how to describe it, like holy should never be messed with job for some reason, right, right, just so valuable and sacred it must not be molested in any way.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, and what a weird view, though I don't have it at all. Where does it come from?
Speaker 3: Do you end up thinking that, oh, I got to tell my story about Oh I got I'm on some sort of watch list for something I said in a bank yesterday about the government.
Speaker 1: I have to tell that story later.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd say you pretend that that's the case, that it's sacred and untouchable, because that is your constituency, that keeps you in power, that contributes to your wealth, that's your peeps.
Speaker 1: And that's fine. That's how politics.
Speaker 3: But I know plenty of people who aren't politicians who think that, well, I know, oh oh yeah, well, journey of voters who feel the same way. Well, government people shouldn't lose their jobs. They have an incredibly naive and dopey view of the people and the government and the relationship between them, which I cannot comprehend. I don't know where it comes from, this never ending faith that government does what's true and right as efficiently as possible at all times. And my god, we're lucky to have every single quote unquote civil service on the job. It helps me sleep at night. I mean, seriously, what color is the sky in your world? And one more point I was going to make. It struck me as a very worth making, which is flit it out of it. I'll talk while you're thinking. A long press conference Elon had in the Oval office yesterday with his you know, dark maga hat on, his Doughe hat on and a cute little kid in tow and answering questions and everything like that. It's interesting. I mean, I'm not frightened that Elon's some sort of code dictator or something like that, but it's unique.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt about that. Yeah, so I do too completely Excuse me.
Speaker 3: It occurred to me what I was going to say, and it factors into some great audio we're going to play for you later on in the show.
Speaker 1: But two things.
Speaker 3: Number one, the extent to which Democrats will will sacrifice anything, including America's children, on the altar of being anti Trump, Trump's arrangement syndrome, it's just amazing. I mean, if they damaged the little kids, you know, by not letting them go to school for a year plus, that's evidence enough. But to be saying we need huge, voted, wasteful government in effect, who's with us? Don't you understand there's a very very little constituency for that. And they're you know, some of the stunts they're pulling and screeching constitutional crisis and and and there's a new chant that they're engaging in that's not arable. We've had to bleep it. It's just it's increasingly desperate. It's like the jilted lover who's gone past a stalker and has killed a cat, and he's just just desperate for some sort of attention and none of it's working, and it's increasingly just.
Speaker 1: Flailing and foolish.
Speaker 3: Look, if you want to opposet Trump, that's fine, that's how our system works.
Speaker 1: Go right ahead. But it's it's getting increasingly frantic.
Speaker 3: So what's the body chant that we can't play or say in the area have to work?
Speaker 1: We can play? What do they say? Well, we can just play it? Okay?
Speaker 3: Well I well, I guess it's bleeped. Oh yes, where should I sit down?
Speaker 1: Should I sit down? It's up to you. I'm standing sixteen. There we go. Here it comes everybody. This is going to be exciting.
Speaker 5: I just I've been told I have thirty seconds, so I am going to tell you that we do have to. I don't swear in public very well.
Speaker 1: But this is the w Yes, yes, we have to. I'll tell you we still do.
Speaker 3: We stop playing clips, Michael, Let's just not play any clips unless we.
Speaker 1: Can play the Carol.
Speaker 3: Let's do this next segment. We got to start to show officially where we're getting all off track here but.
Speaker 1: I want to know what. Can you tell me what the body chant is? Is it Trump? I just flat out truck Trump Wow? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got a collection of Democrats people say quite a chance, Trump Wow, and it's it's it's more than that chance.
Speaker 1: It's a foul. That's their new slogan. I mean, that's the new.
Speaker 3: Whip inflation now or make America great again.
Speaker 1: So it's Trump.
Speaker 3: We had the whole let's go Brandon thing, but it wasn't wasn't people in government chanting. It be f Joe Biden that I remember. It was football stadiums and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But well, and they had the decency to change it to let's go Brandon.
Speaker 3: Right, let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this It's Wednesday, jan ho February twelfth, the year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: More Armstrong and getting we approved of this program.
Speaker 3: Let's begin then, officially according the FCC rules and regulations, here we go, leaping forward at mark now.
Speaker 6: The disruptor in chief Elon Musk, who apparently has adopted the alias, at least he changed his social media handle to Harry Balls, tweeted this morning democracy in America is being destroyed by judicial coup. An activist judge is not a real judge.
Speaker 1: All right, So is it so Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: When he's only the world richest man and the guy who owns Twitter and him doing the childish jokes is I find him fascinating and hilarious, But I don't know if he's going to take this high role in the government, be the focal point, have the media talking about him being co president and all this sort of stuff. He should change his Twitter handle to Harry Balls. There's a great deal to be set on this topic. Certainly, I'm sure he well, he actually tweeted out how much he enjoyed the mainstream media.
Speaker 1: Having to say that.
Speaker 3: Well, that sort of trolling is absolutely delightful. But this is unprecedented, or at least very rare in our republic. You have to go back to an Alexander Hamilton Kristen himself hughe azz.
Speaker 1: During the Constitutional convention. I guess he was he dead by then.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Oh god, uh, I do have to tell my story about what I said about the government at the bank.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, Okay.
Speaker 3: I know I'm on some sort of list now, I mean seriously, honest to god, he contacted someone and I'll be other news of the day, huge press conference going on with Elon explaining what they're doing at DOGE. And I think a lot of you are gonna really really love it. I know I do. It's fantastic. How about we take a look at how we spend money?
Speaker 1: Huh? And we're not.
Speaker 3: Elected a plutocrat billionaires and him saying, yeah, we'll get things wrong, we'll go too far, and then we'll let it back in. We'll do we're going fast. We're gonna go fast when we try to fix things too. Just the way we're gonna do it, is he president? Anyway, We've got lots on the way.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, a strong.
Speaker 5: I am gonna tell you we do have to. I don't swear in public.
Speaker 1: Very well, but camp.
Speaker 5: Please tell my children that I just said that, and I'll tell you I'm.
Speaker 1: From Jersey, so I'll get a little different. Donald Trump and.
Speaker 3: Well, we've been talking about this for years, the coarsening over language and the race to the bottom. Were almost at the bottom. I think once we're to the you come out on the Capitol steps and you just say, oh yeah, right, I mean, what is there a step beyond that? You just squat and poop on the stage? Point at it. This is I think we are at the lowest common denominator in American politics. We may have reached the end. Yes, I don't know what you other than bodily functions. I don't think we can go any lower. Well, and then play just the first part of the Dana Bash clip we opened with Michael eighteen.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 6: Now the instructor in chief, Elon Musk, who apparently has adopted the alias at least he changed his social media handle to Harry Balls, created this morning.
Speaker 3: I truly an idiotra saying when I was an eighth grader, I would have really enjoyed all this. He spells it be oh with like a line over it, like it's some different language. L Z. I think if I was on CNN, I would have said, Harry Bowles. I'm not exactly sure how he wants you to pronounce it, but I get what he's going for. Yeah, But I while I'm laughing.
Speaker 1: On the inside, I'm crying. I just I just I know what you mean.
Speaker 3: It's not this is not way to accomplish thing on either side.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I was.
Speaker 3: Just looking at the video of it was like last week on CNN when the guy who went by the moniker Big Balls was I don't know, the guy that everybody was talking about for a cup of coffee, and how the lady on CNN was saying he went by the online moniker big Balls with a perfectly straight you know, very concerned.
Speaker 1: And I loved one of that.
Speaker 3: I think may been Clay Travis, fellow radio guy podcaster dude credit where its due, who said I think CNN just exists to be mocked at this point. That's really their only useful purpose, right. We got to mention this news. The inflation numbers are out and they're not good or well depends on how you look at it. But inflation picked up speed, rising to three percent in January.
Speaker 1: It ticked up.
Speaker 3: Now you got our Remember these are the numbers of what happened in January Trump took over the twentieth This is being credited to the lasting policies of the Inflation Reduction Act, which, as Byron York and The Washington Examiner reminds us, in case you didn't know, the Inflation Reduction Act was not intended to reduce inflation. It was originally called Build Back Better Act. It was two point two trillion dollars. The name change was only pr It was really the Green New Deal and it got shoved through and we're still living with it. But yeah, so starting at three percent inflation, Yeah, I'm concerned about Trump's some of Trump's terrify ideas if he actually goes through with them, and we actually have a really good, helpful checklist of where all these things are at this point.
Speaker 1: The blizzard of.
Speaker 3: Activity out of the Trump administration because tough to keep track, especially with various legal actions and suits and rulings and the rest of it. But I'm concerned that if he does impose tariffs on stealing aluminum, that's going to be super inflationary and that's going to be bad.
Speaker 1: And I just I don't see any particular need for it.
Speaker 3: And we can talk about protection as policies later, but I'm just I'm so concerned that the not necessary stuff is going to screw up the effort to do the good stuff, the really, really good stuff, because you have to remember, stealing aluminum goes into like every single product manufactured in America, from cars to dishwashers to everything else, and so I'm a little concerned about that. So the Wall Street Journalist a couple paragraphs on the inflation news out today, which is getting a lot of attention. Obviously, inflation has now been around to these rates for some time. Might not be coming down, says one of their economists say quote. The bigger than expected increase in prices last month reflected higher prices for used cars and auto insurance, according to the Wall Street Journal. And overall, the price increases were more than economists at expected.
Speaker 1: So there you go. We have mail bag on the way. How does that look? Oh it's outstanding.
Speaker 3: Great freedom loving quotes of the day from birthday Boy Abraham Lincoln as well if you want to comment on any of the news of day or anything text line four one kftc.
Speaker 6: Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 3: Abraham Lincoln would be two hundred and sixteen today had he not been murdered by John Wilkes booth.
Speaker 1: That's great. That's what is that?
Speaker 3: A conundrum of paradox is that that which is true and yet false or something nonsense.
Speaker 1: Here's your freedom.
Speaker 3: Loving quote of today from birthday Boy Abraham Lincoln, whose birthday I missed sharing by one day because my sainted mother was impatient. Apparently there are so many to choose from. Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side. My greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right. He also said, you cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow evading it today. I've tried it doesn't work. He's right, tried it repeatedly. Yeah, I love this one. Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.
Speaker 1: That was an interesting what does that provoking one? Okay, you're provoking my thoughts. What is that? What is that? What's the point of that? Uh?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Do not blunder ahead blindly, think about what you're doing, have a plan, be smart. Jack is looking sure thought provoked?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that will make the job go much more quickly and efficiently. I just wondered, if do you what do you do six hours sharpening? Six hours seems like an awful long time to cut down a tree.
Speaker 1: If you told me.
Speaker 3: I've got tree in this scenario, huge, I'm gonna give you three days to clean this studio, and I'm gonna think it's gonna take me like a half an hour, so I guess I'll spend the first two and a half days I don't know, killing time. Label this part of the segment, Jack argues with the wisdom of Abraham Lincoln, and perhaps is best known other than the House Divided speech is you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. Mailbag.
Speaker 3: Feel free to correspond if you'd like. Mailbag and Armstrong and Getty dot Com. Thanks everybody who sent along birthday wishes. I will reply to all of you as soon as I can. My life has been madness the last couple of days. A note from se Busy really enjoyed the One More Thing podcast yesterday about my birthday and related topics. It's not as dopey and self indulgent as it sounds.
Speaker 1: That's Armstrong and Getty One More Thing.
Speaker 3: You might as well subscribe, but thank you very much for the kind words. Barry from Thailand weighing in not his most eloquent or persuasive email, but I like that it points out well, he asked, please answer me a question. First, he says, a lot of expats in Thailand or big musk fans, we call ourselves musketeers.
Speaker 1: Please answer me a question.
Speaker 3: If crazy Maxine Waters and her fellow Democrats had been allowed in the Department of Education building, what would they have done inside? What would be accomplished? And the answer, obviously is they wouldn't have done anything. They wouldn't have accomplished anything. It was a flailing, frantic publicity stunt to try to look like they're the brave resistance.
Speaker 2: Again. Well, so much of what.
Speaker 3: We do, as we've been saying for years, is performative. And whether it's that that or Elon. I think Elon's just getting his jolly's but Elon renaming himself on Twitter Harry Balls for a day or whatever, it just so much is just like to fire people up and get attention and aw yeah yeah, and it's all so quickly and readily reported to the entire globe via the Internet, every one of these idiotic I mean that Maxine Waters, who is a halfwooted best bellowing outside the Department of Education, didn't deserve three sentences of ink in any decent newspaper back in the day. You know, it's pretty good video, so we also want moving along. Note from Miles, a longtime friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show, a former colleague of ours. He's pointing out that yesterday Supervisor Jim Desmond in the San Diego County Board of Supervisors introduced a Letter in support of the Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act. Couldn't even get a second. It was defeated two to one. Jim being the one san Diego, California standing or San Diego County anyway, standing tall to allow men to compete and beat the crap out.
Speaker 1: Of women in women's sports. What a brave stance that. Wow, that's interesting. I just saw some polling.
Speaker 3: Now this was up on Fox, but polling around this broken down by party.
Speaker 1: We'll have to get that later. But it's well what you think it would be. Most people think it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, anybody saying does speaking of men's and women's Note from John, who talks about his sons enjoying hunting and he says, I don't really give a crap about it. It's fun, but it's more about hanging out with dudes. That aren't the p word. Guys that work with their hands, farmers, mechanics, welders. I don't disparage anyone's path unless you're a comedy. You don't have to be able to work with your hands as a mechanic to get my praise. Just be a dude and know how to use a screwdriver. Oh man, Yeah, yeah, a lot of that's upbringing. But if you do not know righty tidy, lefty lucy, that's why you're a man in training. So my kids we got new furniture for their bedrooms and we went to Ikea. And if you know anything about Ikea, you know you have to put this stuff together. And I helped them move the boxes in the room and I said, you're gonna put it together, and Henry put it all for a long time.
Speaker 1: I said, you're gonna learn to do this.
Speaker 3: You cannot have a girlfriend someday who asks you to assemble an end table and you say, I don't know how that's not an option. No, No, indeed, that's some good dad right there. Well done. Speak of Elon Musk once again. I love this note from Jess and Wiley, Texas. New York Times reports that Elon Musk is operating in deep secrecy quote unquote end quote, descending upon agencies like a spooky vampire, she writes, and basically making crap out up about everyone. And it goes into some details. You gotta be real precious. Well, it has to do with the us AID and that he'd said people have been taking kickbacks and a lot of people in the bureaucracy somehow had managed to accrue tens of millions of dollars in net worthwhile they're in that position, without explaining how he'd made that assessment.
Speaker 1: I have more examples of that sort of thing in a bit.
Speaker 3: But you gotta be real precious to think there's nobody taking kickbacks at USAID, the very least getting lavish stipends. I'm pretty jealous of Elon right now. Calling Vacas out is one of the ultimate joys in life. I'm also the the the the reaction by so many that Elon. You know, there are gonna be examples out there. He's gonna there are people that are gonna need their food that they're not gonna get there. There are all kinds of examples of people getting screwed by the government on a regular basis, remember the VA scandal. I mean it happens all the time when these agencies are supposedly doing their best. So if a guy's cutting waste and uh or attempting to cut waste, or Trump's attempting to cut waste, and you get some occasions where somebody who deserve to get their meal or wheelchair or whatever doesn't get it.
Speaker 1: It's not like that never happens anyway, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And in a broader sense, what they're claiming those who are yelling about this most of it's performatives we've been discussing. But those who are shouting about, well, this program does some good, as both the President and Elon Musk have made it clear, well that stuff will get funding, just give us a minute. So they are in effect making the argument that we must rein in the grotesque, horrifying year responsible over spending of the federal government with zero inconvenience or disruption to anyone, which is, when you say it out loud, just a.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous point of view.
Speaker 3: So I think I can tell this story shortly, okay, and then I think our frequent correspondent Pallo has absolutely nailed the drop in fertility and reproduction. Oh really nailed it? Have we had to do that at a kickoff next hour because that's a good topic.
Speaker 1: That's fine with me. That's a good topic. Sure.
Speaker 3: So my thirteen year old, and it matters what his age is, apparently wanted to open a checking account at the bank or an account at the bank because he's got enough money built up from allowances and birthdays and Christmases. And he doesn't spend his money like his brother does. He saves it because he wants to be able to put it toward a car someday and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: So he's got a decent sized chunk of.
Speaker 3: Money it up over the years, and he'd been keeping it in a shoe box. And so he's going to open an account. And I remember when I opened an account when I was probably about his age. I started mowing lawns when I was twelve thirteen and accumulating money and opening a bank account on the passage.
Speaker 1: I remember it myself.
Speaker 3: On the way to the bank, I did say to him, I said, you know, I haven't I haven't been around the idea of opening an account for a bank in forty years something like that, So I don't know if the rules have changed, but so in case something happens, but anyway, we should we get it there sure enough. And so we're trying to open this account and everything like that. And first of all, many banks everything is I don't know if it's because the government comes down on them so hard or something like that. They treat everybody like you're a want to be terrorist, Like everything you do it's like jeez, lighting up. But anyway, he needs to have two forms of ID. Is where we ran into the roadblock.
Speaker 1: I said, what is a form of ID for a thirteen year old?
Speaker 3: He said, and they said, well, your Social State Security card is birth certificate?
Speaker 1: Okay, great?
Speaker 3: So uh, I said, the fact that I'm his dad isn't good enough. I can't vouch for the fact that he's my son and I have an account here and have had for twenty five years and open an account for him.
Speaker 1: I can't do that. And no, we need to.
Speaker 3: And I said, is that a bank policy or the state law or what is that? Because I was thinking, if it's a bank policy, I'll go to a different bank. But it's a federal law. It's part of the patriotarch. I said, oh, of course, and he said, well, it's a federal I said, you don't need to explain the federal government to me. And I hate the federal government, I said. And then the guy looked at me like I was Oh. He got wide eyed, like, oh, you're one of those people. You're Timothy McVeigh, you're you're you're one of those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly I've heard about them.
Speaker 3: I said, I hate the federal government. The Patriot Act's ridiculous. This is ridiculous. The fact that I can't open a bank account for a thirteen year old.
Speaker 1: And as his parent, I got it.
Speaker 3: I got to prove who he is because you can't take my word for the fact that he's my child, makes me a child money laundering, little mule for your militia, whatever you want to call him. The Patriot Act was so much I was trying to explain it to her. He was so much crap that they jammed through. It's all because of nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna stop.
Speaker 3: The next nine to eleven by making sure thirteen year olds don't open illegal bank accounts. I guess whatever, even though their parrot, who you know, is sitting right there.
Speaker 1: I hate stuff like that. And the and the but they were there.
Speaker 3: Their eyes got so wide when I hate the said I hate the federal government. And I was thinking if I was doing this same thing in my and my where I went to college in Hayes, Kansas, and I said I hate the federal government, the teller would have said, yeah, me too, don't you high five Joe came end of that brother, but that just being oh my god, you shouldn't she said. Oh she gasped. The woman gasped, and her boss just looked at me white. I'd like, oh, we about to have a fight. Oh man, I have the two pieces of ID even though he's my kid.
Speaker 1: I just found that amazing.
Speaker 3: All right, here's here's the guy who retweets my quotes. Get ready to jot this one down and get it right, would you? Anytime the government says there's an emergency, there are two emergencies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but actually exactly.
Speaker 3: And I actually told my son because he was one, and he was really like, is that something you can't say out loud?
Speaker 1: I said, I told him.
Speaker 3: The most revered Republican president of the last maybe century, Ronald Reagan, ran on the scariest words in the English language are I'm here from the I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you.
Speaker 1: I mean, he ran on I hate the government, or.
Speaker 3: I just saw a clip this morning. The government isn't the solution. Government is the problem. And the woman who was typing furiously after I said that, because she was so horrified that anybody would say that, I said, you know, all the money in my account. I made that by going on the radio every day and saying I hate the government and.
Speaker 1: I make my living.
Speaker 3: By the way, if the Justice Department is listening, or the FDIC or right the c i A, the NSA, if I'm happy to testify against this monster.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I'm on some sort of terrorist watch list.
Speaker 3: Now, yes, Michael, So wonder they didn't hit the silent alarm on you and then you know, cops show up or something. I would have been I would have loved to talk to people and explain why it's okay for me to say I hate the government. No, no, no, We've got to surveill him for a while and go through his mail and monitor his phone calls. We've got the NSA working on it already. What I hate is the manager guy acting like it makes sense that we have a law that I can't vouch for my kid being my kid. That seems perfectly reasonable to me. Two forms of ID for a child right when their parent is there. How about he says his name, then I say his name? Is that two forms of ID?
Speaker 1: And if not, what the hell has the world becaught?
Speaker 3: I know? Anyway, We've got Katie's headlines coming up next. I guess in brief to my saying to the manager at the bank that I hate the federal government. My feeling comes from I don't know about everybody else's life, but I feel like my interaction with the government is either me giving them money or them stopping me from doing something I want to done.
Speaker 1: Of the time.
Speaker 3: Sure, I appreciate maintaining a standing army, but yeah, I'm not day to day interactions. Obviously, you're you know you're you're going out of your way to be didactic if you don't understand that we all need roads in an army and that sort of stuff. But almost of my interactions are me giving you money and I see around me it being wasted, or you stopping me from doing something I want to do.
Speaker 1: That's mostly didact.
Speaker 3: I moving along, we have breaking news. Jd Vance has renamed himself Amanda Hugging Kiss. Stay with us for details. Let's figure out who's reporting what it's leads story. What's a discouraged Katie Katie from CNN.
Speaker 7: Wrongfully detained American teacher Mark Fogel meets with Trump after being released from Russia in a quote exchange.
Speaker 3: We got a bunch of clips about that. What Trump said, what the released teacher said, Hey, don't smoke marijuana and Moscow or whatever he was accused of doing.
Speaker 7: Yep, NBC isis has an army in waiting, and Trump's next move could decide whether.
Speaker 1: It rises again. Where's that from? I don't know that strung NBC. I'll have to look at that. I'll add it to the hotlinks from Breitbart dot com.
Speaker 7: Department of Education calls on NCAA and NFHS to revoke the titles and championships awarded to transgender athletes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't have dudes women who were winning women's titles.
Speaker 1: It's a very short ruling. In fact, that's it. Thanks for coming from NewsNation.
Speaker 7: Christy nom fires four FEMA workers for paying New York City for hotel to house.
Speaker 3: Migrants in definance of orders as I understand it, right, right, Yeah, tens of millions of dollars from the.
Speaker 1: Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 7: Inflation picks up speed, rising.
Speaker 1: To three percent in January.
Speaker 7: Were Yeah, Daily Mail, one in five Democrats say Trump is doing a good job as his whirldwinds starting off.
Speaker 1: This attracts new fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I meant to break down his high fifty three percent approval rating. You break it down by various groups. It's pretty damned impressive, it is. And I would think, you know, in any other era of American politics, the Democrats would lay low, see how they could work with them, say to their constituents, Hey, we're working with them when it makes sense, We're looking at for you and wait for an opportunity. Is it just that the fever pitch of day to day internet fundraising they're.
Speaker 1: So behind this fiscal year.
Speaker 3: Is that why they're making these frantic gestures of where the resistance in f Trump and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Why don't they just come to hell down for a few months.
Speaker 7: From the athletic, Kevin Durant becomes eighth player in NBA history to hit thirty thousand career points.
Speaker 3: There was talk of him coming to the Warriors up until the trade deadline just a couple of weeks ago, and that fell apart the last minute.
Speaker 1: And because he hates somebody on.
Speaker 3: The Warriors and wouldn't come play with him, they're gonna take one last chance at winning a title with him.
Speaker 7: From the New York Post quote, I'm lucky to be alive after sustaining car crash injuries after tripping over my cat. This guy has a hairless cat. It bit him in the leg.
Speaker 1: He tripped.
Speaker 7: He ended up fracturing his skull, breaking a bone in his neck, two fractures in his spine, nine broken ribs, and blood in his lungs.
Speaker 3: Good, my kiddy, don't have hairless cats as the lead there exactly.
Speaker 7: Finally, the Babylon Bee, exhausted media begs Trump to take a day off.
Speaker 1: God, I believe that. Do you see the assault?
Speaker 3: More breaking news, Marco Rubio has changed wh's his name to Jack Cass Oh gosh. Trump says he's not going to allow the Associated Press into the press pool because they won't refer to the Gulf of Mexico as the Gulf of America. Fair enough, I say, if you miss a second, we get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty