Speaker 1: We got a brand new Awkwad Tuesday phone call for you. Thank you for finding the Second Date Update podcast. I know you're like, why isn't there a second date? Well, we do this once a week. It's a little bit different than a second date. Yeah, you know, it's still relationship heavy, but it's not necessarily just romantic relationships. Although today is yeah, today very much so is Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't like it, yeah, and you will.
Speaker 1: There's some drama involved, some embarrassment for sure. And we do have some comments, of course, our lovely brook and Jeffrey listeners. We thank you so much for leaving comments. What do you see in Alexis?
Speaker 3: Talia said, I finished all the episodes from twenty twelve and it took me just three months.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's a different show.
Speaker 2: That's a long time ago.
Speaker 1: In three months, I did you do anything else? Have you bathed? Are you okay?
Speaker 2: I'm very concerned about their mental state.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for being with us, and we're gonna get this brand new Awkwad Tuesday phone call started right now.
Speaker 2: When you finally meet someone you really like, yeah, how do you get them to stick around? Wouldn't know, Jeffone, I know Brooks preferred method of keeping a man is an electrified security gate and a very big pat.
Speaker 3: Talk and stuff personality.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm doing wrong. Yes, one of our listeners might be doing it wrong too, and she's considering Brooks way after what happened when she met a guy at a house party and he literally escaped mid hookup. WHOA, You're gonna hear what happened and why she needs to get in contact with him during a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. It's coming up next. It's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. The people in this room are no strangers to romantic encounters that end in total disaster. Why do you think I'm bands from three minor league baseball parks, two Wendy's in the Midwest, and the entire backside of Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Wow, that makes sense. It's okay.
Speaker 2: Well, in my defense, there's less people on the other side. I didn't think I was going to get caught that.
Speaker 1: I don't realize they carved the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes they don't. I think they all have tails. I was doing most of the carving back there, but I don't bring all that up just to brag. I say it because one of our listeners reached out after she had a bizarre romantic encounter that left her feeling very confused. So, Danica, before we get into this, have you been to the backside of Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 4: Figured? Yeah, I'm sure we.
Speaker 2: All have figured, But tell us where did your strange encounter happen?
Speaker 4: So a few friends ended up meaning this really hot guy, Bennett Bennett.
Speaker 1: Isn't that a great surprise when your friends know somebody that's hot?
Speaker 2: Yes, seriously, surprise for you. Okay, So how did you and Bennett start hanging out or whatever you guys did?
Speaker 4: So we were just playing flip cup vibes are great, We're just hanging out, drinking more. He tried to go upstairs.
Speaker 1: Can I pause real quick? You are in high school, right, I just want to make sure. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why would you.
Speaker 1: It's like flip cup is happening, You're going upstairs?
Speaker 2: Never you never eat out of that, I.
Speaker 1: Know, But you don't like go to my friend's bedroom to make out with somebody like that feels like, oh yeah, thing to do.
Speaker 4: Why are you going to your own house?
Speaker 2: Danica? You're giving off high school vibes? To Brook right now, can you mature it up a little bit her bedroom? Is it that you're going to friends or is it your parents?
Speaker 4: These are all valid, to be fair. It was like this large multi purpose room. They had a projector and they're watching them on the spectrum like okay, cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, your friends are watching the show together.
Speaker 2: You guys do house parties a lot differently than I would happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, slip cup level the spectrum.
Speaker 3: We're just sure it's pick your own adventure party Netflix.
Speaker 2: In the other room, we're actually raging. Just do whatever works.
Speaker 4: For you pretty much.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like is there a romantic vibe going on with you and Bennett at the moment?
Speaker 4: Totally? Everything's super flirty. I mentioned, Hey, I'm just going to run up to the bathroom, go to the second floor bathroom. Next thing I know, I open the door and he's right there. It's kind of like, you know, the look, is.
Speaker 3: That like perfect? Like you wanted that because it could seem a little eager if you weren't expecting the door.
Speaker 2: But you're like, right here, I'm also in the passenger seat of your car.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was a little bit surprised, but honestly, I was old the buzz, so I was into it, okay.
Speaker 1: And it's a good sign like he's trying to find like a private place to have a quick one on one meeting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a nice way to say it.
Speaker 3: Keep it.
Speaker 2: How did your business meeting in the bathroom go?
Speaker 4: So he comes in and close the bathroom. We start hooking up in.
Speaker 2: The there's a meeting I was talking about, just like the meetings we have here at work too. I'm sure none of it sounds awkward yet.
Speaker 4: No, it's at one point. So at one point though, we're hooking up and we can hear people outside in the hallway, and there's people that are like looking for him, like are calling.
Speaker 2: The name girl, you know the door that needs a puke.
Speaker 4: I mean, after what happened, I wish that's what was going on. So I'm kind of laughing right, being like, oh hah, like we're caught, we're consending adults making in a bathroom. But his reaction is so different.
Speaker 1: What was his reaction?
Speaker 4: He just starts freaking out and he puts his fingers up to his lips. He's like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, oh god, I mean we all think that he's in a relationship and it's his girlfriend looking for him, right, Like, isn't that exactly where your mind went?
Speaker 4: I thought he was joking until all of a sudden he starts panicking and he's like, I gotta get out of here. But instead of walking out the door, he opens the bathroom window and climbed out into a tree. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're on the second floor. He's willing to risk falling.
Speaker 2: Out climbing down, Okay, anything, I was in a frat house and that's a totally typical way to exit a bathroom. He destroyed in there in the bathroom, be like I got a pee, and then leave to go outside.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 2: I hate to defend him in this situation, but there could be an explanation.
Speaker 1: She's not at a frat party, Jeff, Well, it sounds close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, no, I mean objectively, it's a weird.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he escapes out the bathroom window. Do you see him again?
Speaker 4: Well, so I walk out of the bathroom because people are banging on the door. I come out play dumb. I'm just like, well, I don't know, I hadn't seen him. I just came up to pee, go back downstairs, go to look for him, nowhere to be found, Like, I can't find him? He did anywhere?
Speaker 2: Weird out, I wonder.
Speaker 3: So now my problem is, what could it not be? Like we I now I think it's the girlfriend, Like, what could the excuse? Maybe he does all someone.
Speaker 1: You have to be gossiping with your friends who are in the party at this point, right, Like what did they say?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm like vibe, I'm leaving the party. Twenty minutes later, I get a text from my friend being like, oh, you missed it. Some dude just fell out of a tree outside the party.
Speaker 1: Who I bet it was still in the tree.
Speaker 4: He was up there. He was in the freaking tree the whole time.
Speaker 2: What he was waiting for you to come around and help him down, or waiting for you to go back into the bathroom and let him back in through the windows so you could continue what you start.
Speaker 4: You guys are heartless?
Speaker 1: Is he okay?
Speaker 4: He cares? I wish I knew. I got his number from my friend to text him to see if he was okay, not answering completely.
Speaker 3: Ghost Maybe he broke his hands on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you run the risk that this guy doesn't even remember you, like if he was drunk enough to fall out of a window and hang in a tree.
Speaker 2: Like that's the point too. So this is an awkward Tuesday phone call. You've called us seeking some sort of advice in this situation? What are you hoping to do with your call?
Speaker 4: Here? I tell him all of it, Like what was that? Why did he just did and just climb on this tree? How come he hasn't been returning my calls? And like are we going to see each other again? I want to know all the above?
Speaker 2: And is he okay from his.
Speaker 1: From any one?
Speaker 2: That's point number four. We'll get to it, maybe five, But we'll think of some good advice to give you before we come back and let you do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Some hookups and with a little kiss, snack and a polite request to sign an NDA, but others, and with a grown man scrambling out of a bathroom window like a raccoon escaping one of Brook's backyard barbecues. They don't away from the food.
Speaker 1: They don't get away. They are the foods.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jo That's what happened to one of our listeners, Danica, after she had a little bathroom rendezvous during a house party. But when the guy's friends came knocking on the door looking for him, he panicked and climbed out the second story window into a tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then later after she left the party, fell out of said treat like that is so important to this story.
Speaker 2: He became the talk of the party kind of totally. The weird part, though, is now that she's been texting him, every text has gone unanswered, so she doesn't know if he's okay, why he tried to escape out the window. I think it's.
Speaker 1: Weird that all of her friends said that he's single, because I thought for sure he is escaping because he was in a relationship.
Speaker 2: That's why she needs our help getting those answers. And if this goes well, Danica, you said you would still be interested in hanging out with Bennett again.
Speaker 4: Oh no, No, what happened? And if he still feels the same way, I would love to Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, maybe Brook has some good advice for you. Brook, What do you think I mean?
Speaker 1: I think that's key is that you need to come at this fun and flirty, not accusatory. Okay, do you see what I'm saying? An example for her, Well, it's like, oh my god, I heard and you were the talk of the party, Like wasn't that wild? You know, like make it fun, like you want to be part of the story.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Why did you leave me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You just gotta be careful on that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, keep keep it light and flirty, Jose, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, I like your advice because I think to keep it fun, light and flirty, you should tell them some tree jokes to.
Speaker 2: Lighten the mood, right, like when was that party crazy? Especially when you had to make like a tree and leaf? Okay, turn it into a little open mic night on the awkward Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Are you? And that'll keep it light and flirty, just like and maybe not give you a second.
Speaker 4: I don't want to kill a mood.
Speaker 2: You're making a mood.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Maybe you lead with the flirtatiousness and you sprinkle in the humor and if you're in a panic and you need to help yourself out there. But that's your advice, you can use it however you feel fit. But we're ready to help you. We're gonna step away and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, okay, thanks.
Speaker 1: Hopefully he picks up, but he remembers you.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm.
Speaker 3: That would be devastating this.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. All right, let's not waste any more time. I'm dialing it right now.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey, is it Bennet? Yeah? Hey, Donna is Danica from the house party last week? Oh yeah, Alice's friend. We met went to the second floor bathroom. Okay, I just want to wanted I heard you fell out of a tree. Are you okay?
Speaker 5: I'm okay. I was a little embarrassed, but I'm okay. What's up. I kind of need to get going.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm relieved you're okay. I just I don't know. I texted you that night just to see how you were.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I got your text. I don't know what to say. Sorry, Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean it's kind of weird, like avoiding me after all that stuff we did in the bathroom. I thought we were having a good time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're seeing someone else, I mean, like, I get it. I probably would want to get caught either.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, I I just didn't want to have happened what happened the last time when I was doing something when I was drunk. I just didn't want that to happen again.
Speaker 4: The last time. What does that mean?
Speaker 5: My friends always do this to me when I drink. They find me doing something crazy or stupid or dumb, and then they film it and they share it to group chats, and then somehow my mom always finds it somehow, okay, somebody in or something, and then she winds up sending all of those videos to my whole extended family. It's so embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I guess that's totally weird and a reason. Are you drinking right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I had a couple of beers. It's about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you and I had a.
Speaker 5: Couple of shots of whiskey.
Speaker 4: Anything else?
Speaker 5: Well, you know I took a couple of hits too, so cool.
Speaker 4: Well sounds like a party.
Speaker 5: Finish.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous.
Speaker 5: What did you? Oh? God, what's going on?
Speaker 4: You're going to understand?
Speaker 3: Even if we tell you, yeah, we're asking the same question.
Speaker 4: I think I would like to know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if who knows if you're going to remember this? Conversation, Bennett. But you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah kidding me. Oh my god, my mom listens to these stations. She's going to hear this crap.
Speaker 1: Why so concerned about your mother?
Speaker 5: Why do you think I'm drinking?
Speaker 4: So you and Jeffrey have.
Speaker 1: More in common than I realized.
Speaker 2: Vide bro, Yeah, okay, this is a segment that we do. I don't know, man, No, it's okay. It's called the Awkward Tuesday phone call. Danica is a listener to our show, and she was really worried about you after you climbed out the window at that party.
Speaker 5: Well, the whole plan backfired on me anyway, because somebody got a video of me failing out of the damn tree.
Speaker 2: That's the whole thing you're trying to avoid getting filmed.
Speaker 5: And somebody leaped that video to my mom and I both got out there.
Speaker 1: Oh. I don't know if I was Dana, if I would feel better or worse about this whole situation.
Speaker 4: Why I would take the cheating at this point rather than the mom Exactly? Why are they trying to out you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: I know it is weird of.
Speaker 1: Your fan, Like, at any point were you actually interested or attracted to her?
Speaker 5: Sure? I would love to, but I don't know if I can go out with anybody because my mom grounded.
Speaker 2: Me after she saw the video. You got grounded? Didn't we say? We're not in high school?
Speaker 1: I told you this was a valid question at the beginning of this call, Bennett, Are you an adult man?
Speaker 5: You know I am an adult man. I've got a job. I lived with my mother and unfortunately she controls a lot of stuff in my life.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's one of those parents under my roof.
Speaker 2: This is making sense why you don't want the videos leaked out, because there's a lot on the line for you.
Speaker 5: You guys have absolutely no idea how much she gives me a breakfast ever, starting.
Speaker 2: Well, you probably saw the video of him falling out of the tree late that night, so I brought it up the pancakes. He's like, sit down, we need to talk.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Danica, after she got her answers, is still interested in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you know what.
Speaker 4: I may have been drinking more than I thought that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 4: Handle someone having to live at home I get it times of chess, But I'm sorry you asked him how he felt about me and he said sure.
Speaker 2: Yes, No, well that's the alcohol talking, by the way. Yeah, and his mother again.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of red flags here, okay, well more than there was somehow even at the party.
Speaker 4: Giving me a lot of clarity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think, Danica, the good news is we found out that Bennett is okay after his fall. That must make you feel good.
Speaker 4: Have you heard anything he said?
Speaker 2: You think about it? I meant physically, he's on the harm you know, I'm on the phone.
Speaker 5: I can hear what you guys are saying about me.
Speaker 2: You know, you have a headache.
Speaker 1: Well, he's drunk so much booze. It sounds like you maybe need to lay off the party in a little bit there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not getting any younger. What's your name?
Speaker 1: No, No, my name is Alexis.
Speaker 2: You said to be flirty, but I thought Danico was supposed to be the flirty one.
Speaker 4: That's you, you know.
Speaker 2: I guess, Danica, you got your answers that you were looking to get from Bennett, at least most of them. We didn't get to the final one about the possibility of you and Bennett reconnecting in the future. Oh, that's for a future awkward to stay phone call. We'll call you back when you wake up from your nap.
Speaker 5: Okay, Bennett, how do you know it's almost nap time? You guys got cameras over?
Speaker 4: I can pick them.
Speaker 1: Wow, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.