Speaker 1: This is the Patriots postgame show, First to the Touchdown.
Speaker 2: Patriotic with Hardy, Mike Deso and Paul Pirillo.
Speaker 1: Is your source for all the news and information following every Patriots game.
Speaker 3: Hand off the Stevenson's Big Hoole covers the party cuts on the forty five at Steamroll's The Defender there joined.
Speaker 1: The conversation by calling the Acetic Get hotline at eight five five PATS five hundred, or email this show at web radio at Patriots dot com.
Speaker 2: I hope y'all keep that same energy for tonight. Baby can't wait.
Speaker 1: Live from our studios inside you Lette Stadium.
Speaker 2: Here's Hearty slipping and sliding. He was like a cat popular fang Well. A disappointing result tonight as Canton falls to Maine two to one, And uh yeah, that's it. That's theh you just blew it Wi DV. I was deep, I was devarring it. I was are you really?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I did? I did. I was gonna watch it with my boy. I think that's kind of cool. Yeah, I tell you what, it was a very exciting sequence for everybody who had access to a television because you got to watch Malie Cunningham put together like something resembling an offensive drive with the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Told you that be some fun if he played in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Well you called it, Paul, right when they called it was coming down to the wire. I don't know somebody called it.
Speaker 3: But I asked a simple question towards the end of the show. Who scores the Patriots first touchdown tonight? And what did Hardy say?
Speaker 2: Malik cunning Wow, should have been Trey Nixon. That was you, guy, not me, Hey guy, it's me guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Patriots, Unfortunately, that's the only thing of any consequence they did offensively. Listen, we can sit here and we can talk for two hours like the sky is falling. I'm not personally gonna do that.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: The offense was as bad as you can get. I mean, they had eighty eight yards and four first downs with five minutes left in the game.
Speaker 2: And truth be told, if the.
Speaker 3: Guy doesn't rip off Malie Cunningham's face mask, they probably don't score on that drive.
Speaker 2: But I don't care. I don't care. The offensive line.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when we talk about concerns, they get illuminated when the games actually get played. That's what we're talking about. That's why I'm so concerned about having to rely on Trent Brown. Yeah, because Trent Brown is an important guy. If he doesn't play, some of the guys that were on the field tonight will.
Speaker 2: Have to play. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like that's a concern for me. Well, that offensive line had no answers for a bunch of backups even in the second half.
Speaker 5: Well, I still think Mafi and Connor mc dermot could end up playing, So a couple of them might end.
Speaker 2: Up That's what I'm saying. So these guys might have to play. Yeah, are we aware? This is the biggest development I think also of the night that Pat McAfee sent out a tweet. Oh no, it says thank you for your service tonight, Paul, and the screenshot of Paul Perillo that accent was wicked, glorious all night.
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Are you really? Yes? Wow? This tweet has been viewed some seventy thousand times, so going viral. Uh? Is my accent that bad? Tiny? A little bit? It's I just I think for people outside of the region, you probably do sound a little bit like something out of Central Casting.
Speaker 5: Okay, so but real, like the real Boston accent, not like the fake ones. Wow, yes, why while famous, you're having a moment, right, I just my face read.
Speaker 3: I feel like I don't normally get we're else hold it up.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't get, like really twenty four minutes ago. I don't really get involved, like it doesn't really bug me any of that stuff. That just kind of like took me for a loop.
Speaker 2: I think you can go and pack Matfe McAfee show at some point. ESPN, Wow, you know how long would you keep in this from me? Hardy? You just it just now popped up And it was brought to my attention by Krizzle on Twitter that said, please discuss this on the postgame. Thank you so thank you, Chris.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 3: I know that you can tell him from Boston when I speak, but I don't really think of myself as having a really thick Boston accent anymore. I had it when I was growing up. It got beat out of me when I went to bu I don't.
Speaker 2: Think you do. I don't think it got beat out.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, Hardy, Like I used to like really be a hottie, Like I would say hotty, oh wow, like when I was growing up.
Speaker 2: Well, whenever you move well, you didn't move. This was just to BEU. I just was tired of getting made fun of every day. When I moved to New Mexico from Michigan, I had to lose my Michigan accent because people were making fun of me. So, yeah, you didn't lose it. I'm just kidding. I wouldn't know Michigan. Youoper no, no as a troll. That's the lower twenty to nine Texans win the game tonight. But as we discussed in the pregame, it's not a huge concern as to who wins or loses. It's about getting some more work in. And the Patriots need a lot of work. I mean, before we get to the good, the bad and me injured, there's a lot of work to be done on offense. I think there's a lot of work to be done on defense. There's a lot of work to be done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think the offensive line is certainly the concern right now.
Speaker 2: And you know it's just plus you had Cody Russi go down. You know, I'm not sure what that's gonna be. That's pretty injured. Yeah, sorry, but they're just you know, they're already scraping the barrel with some of the depths. So it's disappointing. I mean's definitely disappointing.
Speaker 5: I don't want to get too much of an ran here before we get into the good, the bad, and the injured, but I just think it was such a need, I think in this off season, going into the offseason and to just see it kind of filled with a couple of veterans and you know, not really prioritized in the draft, at least at the tackle spots. You know, I thought City, So I have to go back and look at how bad he was. But you know, they just they had problems all night and I don't think Zappy ever really got comfortable. And that's kind of what it's looked like for you know, the majority of training camp. There have been moments where they've they've clicked, but for a lot of it, that's kind of what it's like.
Speaker 2: Chaos around the quarterback.
Speaker 5: And he can't find anybody open and then socker eats it.
Speaker 2: Do you want to get started? Yeah, let's get started. Now.
Speaker 5: It's time for the good, pretty goody, pretty good.
Speaker 6: The bad.
Speaker 2: And the injured.
Speaker 3: Ah ah, you are right, guy.
Speaker 2: Good, the bad and the injured brought to you by the good players, the bad players, and the injured players are monitors now working in the studio, which leads me to believe that Marine Matt somehow secured the proper adapter during the game, or he had it all along and it was just kind of a you drop the ball pre game. Chris Judge brought me the right piece. That's why his earbud was in the studio.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, for yourself, it's right there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, I just I want to I want to know whether to thank you or scold you. So it sounds like I need to thank Chris. Okay, all right, good, all right, good, Uh there are some good now we may have to peace mail them. We may have to we may have to do uh some specifics. There we go. By the way, if you're if you're watching us right now, you will see the tweet from the Pat McAfee show that says, thanks for your service tonight, Paul. That accent was wicked glorious all night, and I you know, I don't hear it anymore, but it must be. There had to have been entertaining, I guess, yeah, yeah, Well, what are you gonna do? Be famous?
Speaker 3: I'm a little Yeah, I'm a little thrown off. I'm not gonna lie. It's rare for me because you know, I have something to say about pretty much everything.
Speaker 5: But you gotta send this to your boys. I think I assume they listen to.
Speaker 3: Those are the kind of screenshots that my sister in law likes to send it, like when i'm and she sends it like a screenshot when I'm doing that. Could you find one where I'm just smiling and I know listen.
Speaker 2: Is that your brother's wife or your wife's sister, my wife's sister.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: That tracks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the phrase for twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: So I was told it's that checks out too. They're like kind of like synonymous that tracks that checks out. I got it that checks out from one of Will's friends during the course of the game when I said.
Speaker 2: Something, yeah, I'm starting they're at the age now where I'm starting to pick up on my daughter's sayings. And one of the best ones if you mentioned a mild accomplishment that you did. It's like, hey, I actually got my work done by four o'clock today. She'll say something like woop what yeah, whoop? You know, just hyping you up.
Speaker 5: A little sarcastic, little wise ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why suddenly he has to start working blue as usual. It's wise ass, that's blue. Yeah. So okay, you know I was good to let's go good. Okay, we gotta Paul good, You good, Paul. Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say, I'm gonna leave deuces because he also nailed one the way you nailed Malie Cunningham being the touchdown. I'm gonna let Deuce have his. I will go with Anthony Jennings, I had who I thought was extremely active coming off the edge tonight. I wasn't expecting to see as many frontline defensive players in the game together as they started with and played a good pretty much the whole first half.
Speaker 2: Ye quality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought. I thought Jennings was was very, very quick. He looked quicker to me. I don't know if that's right or not, but I thought he was a constant problem. I know, both offensive lines had tons of backups. I think Kenyan Green played like Conno McDermott played for the Pats. There were a lot of backups out there. Yeah, but I thought, you know, for the most part. Jennings was really active and put a lot of pressure on. I thought he created the problems for C. J. Stroud that he dealt with. I thought that was he crowded Stroud.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Freddy. Really snazzy boss man Fred Kirsch joining this now a shadow of his former self MP in the studio. Dude, So who do you have on your first I think it is Paul hit did.
Speaker 5: I would go with key On White, I have to, you know, I thought he has the best player tonight. For Yeah, he had a nice uh a nice third down stop where it was kind of like, you know, stack the guy's shodow and got the tackles.
Speaker 2: Tackled them short. I thought he can run a little. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then the fumble, you know, I mean it wasn't that he caused the fumble, but he was in there and he made sure that they couldn't corral the fumble. Uh, and then it was recovered by Calvin Munson.
Speaker 2: So I just I thought he looked powerful.
Speaker 5: He wasn't, you know, I wouldn't say he was a man among boys, as I said in.
Speaker 6: The pre game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh all right, I like that, but I know, just like liked what I saw it looked like he fit in and look comfortable, and you know, I think it was probably a good learning experience for him. But I'm excited about about ke On White and Christian Gonzales.
Speaker 3: For them the play that I liked, and I touched on this a little bit in the pregame when I was hoping you got to see a little bit of Stroud trying to get out. There was one of those, you know, sort of fake pitches. He's gonna bootleg the other way. You're hoping that end crashes down, and he didn't. Yeah, he remained disciplined, didn't take the play. But if he's not there now Stroud gets outside, he's broken containment. He has all day, you know. But because he was where we were supposed to be, the play ends up going nowhere. I thought, Yeah, I thought he played really well. You want to chime in with your first good there friend.
Speaker 6: Well, you guys already mentioned Keon White.
Speaker 2: Anthony Jennings was also Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think I think the front seven, you know, the starters tonight were flying around. They didn't always make the play. There were a lot of slips, but a lot of flashing in the backfield, a lot of pressure on Stroud Tava had a couple of good plays. I thought. I thought they were flying around, they had a lot of energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so okay, so you want to go, I'm going just chronologically while I was still really paying attention before the uh Mills too. They can't well, you can't mention like nine players. You have to pick one, and you have to be hyper focals.
Speaker 6: We look at this preseason and he's already getting on me.
Speaker 2: We'll give them Mills. We got millsy before I started watching Canton, Maine. You know, in the little league game, which was the hell of a game, the halftime you mean, uh Daniel Equality, Yeah, early on really showed some some nice moves. He had the sack early on, but I think for a fifteen yard loss, Like, okay, what is it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm I'm to go ahead. No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not against what you're saying at all. Right, Okay, continue, I apologize if my face threw you off.
Speaker 2: You know, the Mills interception, I mean it was right at him.
Speaker 6: No, but I thought the Mills play in the backfield.
Speaker 2: Yes, was yes, the play worthy of mention. But I thought Equality, you know, flashed early. Yeah, I just I was gonna ask, what do you guys think of that penalty? Like it seemed like he got him on the hand of his hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really really ticky tap.
Speaker 2: But there was one two days later that should have been called, you know, and they didn't. So on Keon White. Yes see, I thought that was a good hit. Well, I thought they were. I thought they were both decent. But it's like, see it from that angle right there. They we just showed the replay. It's I think it's a tiki tak call. I'd like to do it. See right there, he hit him in the.
Speaker 3: Face, and I'd like to see that one stay in the pocket.
Speaker 5: It's tough, you know, It's like you jumping through the air and then pull your hand insteade Like.
Speaker 2: I don't think he I don't think he targeted the face.
Speaker 3: And where he hits him in the head, it's below the shoulders, you know, because he's going down. It's not like he had his hand up and that's what's gonna happen when you're up there.
Speaker 2: But I get it. I know what they're trying to do. Let's do some more goods, Paul, who else.
Speaker 3: You got, I'm gonna go with my guy that I highlighted before the game, and it wasn't often, but the catch that Taekwon Thornton made is exactly what I'm talking about. Oh you know good, It's the only offensive play they made the entire sixty minutes.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They had eighty eight yards and four first downs with five minutes left from the game. Twenty seven of them came on that one play. And this is a veteran cornerback and Steven Nelson that he beats in Jalen Petrie I think his second year safety out of Baylor.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 3: Remember, we did a lot of draft research on him. Good young player, So he sits in that little area. And by the way, this is a tremendous throw by Bailey z Appy. Yeah, that's a really, really good throw. And I thought Tho Wharton did a great job getting off the line right there. It's one play. Okay, I don't want to get too lost, but that's the kind of stuff that he needs to.
Speaker 6: By the way, good job with our replay. Who's who's running that tonight? Good job, Chris Judge.
Speaker 3: They are incredibly good at getting the plays that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm not just saying that, no that and not to you know, throw Chris off or anything. But I would say that pass as good as the one that was dropped in the back right corner of the north end zone. Cunningham through it.
Speaker 6: Nixon he mislign.
Speaker 2: What a pass that was? Yeah, but that one obviously was a receptions, so that one goes down as being better.
Speaker 5: There you go, So you guys got I don't want to steal Hardies.
Speaker 2: I think I got one. I think I got one of Hardy's too, but I'll let it is forty four. I went like this, No I didn't. I didn't even have him. I didn't have him down. So you can no, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, we're at this point you're trying to find just an individual plays. But I think when you're Nick Folk and you get an opportunity in the preseason game to kick a forty four yard field goal.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean Barringer's first punt was a good one, had time on the ten.
Speaker 2: So Barringer is my last good that I wrote down and up and down.
Speaker 3: I thought his second one, he had one really bad punt that rolled about though, yes.
Speaker 2: I did it did what did you get? I lost my train of thought. Go ahead, sorry, talk about talking about yourselves? Any other goods for you? Friend? Now you can do that shotgun approach if you want to, because we're kind of at the end of him. Yeah, oh, I remember what I was gonna say. Oh I got one.
Speaker 6: I mean that's Surpris's pretty much pretty can't look there's nobody in the offensive line and not right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They've just been rotating so much.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't really have an expectation for who was gonna go or not, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, you Fred?
Speaker 3: What's that surprise that Folk attempted that field goal and not Ryland?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little bit. Yeah, we know what he can do from forty four.
Speaker 3: So I'll give you one of those uh probably not worth anything, you know, aproposts of nothing, as they as they like to joke around. The opening kickoff by Ryland clearly by design, right, that was a that was a billism. We're gonna try. We're gonna try this, ye see what happens. Yeah, we're not just going to give him the twenty five yards. I'm gonna try and pick they don't let us kick it high.
Speaker 2: This is what we're gonna do and it didn't work and rolled into the end. So he's watching the special teams. I mean, but don't you think that that was by no? Yeah, yeah, no, I'm cheating. Yea, you have one more. I was just gonna, I was just gonna highlight. I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought Isaiah Bolton had a pretty nice kick with turn. Yeah, I had him for return and that was a really good kick return.
Speaker 2: Oh and I mean he was.
Speaker 6: Able to take it on the run. Yeah, you know. It wasn't the greatest kick, you know, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, but he got out to the So what he does, it's what he does. I mean, it's I think if he can, you know, highlight that he's pretty good at it, you know. Okay, all right, let's move on to the bads.
Speaker 3: I would just add, you know, like the dude said a couple of individual players, obviously Malie Cunningham, I think was just really fun in that last drive, mostly mostly quarterback draws in scrambles, but I don't care. It was fun and I like fun, unlike you guys who are anti fun.
Speaker 2: I like fun. I like watching the ball go down the field. That was fun and I.
Speaker 3: Got one for you, and I promised myself, I wouldn't do this because I'm afraid of losing my job. But a young linebacker out of Navy name Diego for Go was incredibly active in this game. Now he did something bad too, but he was incredibly active when he was in there.
Speaker 2: In the second jump the podcast, yeah yeah, he gave them new life.
Speaker 6: But then he immediately made a good place.
Speaker 2: He made some good plays on defense. I can't put him on the good list jumping off sign on this. I'm just trying to listen. There wasn't wasn't. That's a good one, though, I he didn't.
Speaker 5: It was one of those I didn't really see him during that second half. I mean, I'm saying I disagree with you. I just it wasn't one that.
Speaker 3: You're part of the broadcast by some of the nuanced and another.
Speaker 6: Guy who was active, you know, around the same time forges out there was Farms. He made some.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Farms was heavily involved. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, this is very scary because Fred has said like three things that I wholeheartedly agree with that breaks the season record.
Speaker 6: Right there you're at We're probably about to get into an argument.
Speaker 2: But anyway, well, I mean, I don't know what we're going to argue about when it comes to the bad list. Now, I'm glad you brought up Malie Cunningham for the good list because it was good to have something fun out there. And let's face it, you know, he can absolutely move and that throw that was not caught not his fault that it wasn't caught. Uh, that was fantastic. That was That was really the only spark that they showed. Now. I don't, in any way, shape or form, expect this to be something we see regular season from the Patriots, but it was nice to have something to watch tonight and get excited about.
Speaker 6: Listen, and people were excited. Yes, you know, I always come down here telling you what people were saying on the blog, and you know they were ready to yell at me because you know, but I didn't pooh pooh them. I let them have their fun with Malie Cunningham. But they're like, he's our number two, get him in the quarterback room. You got to keep this kid, Why not?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: That's what they're saying.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on to the bads. You want to go first, Duce sure, Connor McDermott.
Speaker 5: I mean, I haven't really remember seeing him play a lot of left tackle, but when we have seen him an uneat tackle position, he just he struggles with speed. He doesn't have great feet, and I think he was a little bit exposed. Just you know, I'm sure you could go right down the offense of line tonight and maybe point somebody out.
Speaker 2: Who specifically did you pick Connor mc.
Speaker 5: I had, I had, I had, I had two different, uh two different x's on him.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I mean you could just go down the line.
Speaker 3: I mean, I thought the line was bad, just flat out bad.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 6: You know, here's what James Ferentz two flats. What happens with him is he's fine when he's centered, but he moves to guard and he just can't just a flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, forget about past protection. When they got to the second half, couldn't run the ball. They were just getting blown up on everything. First and at least in the first half, they were just getting pushed. Then they started getting blown up on run blocking. Even dare I say it, love him, mean it, he's a leader. David Andrews was getting you know, worked, and it was just no.
Speaker 6: Andrew Andrews.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, he's not a leader and no, yeah, David, But when you're so when you're seeing guys get through on the middle and just blow everything up before it has a chance to end, it's like, I get it. You know a gap guy. You know guys who were shooting up there and they're trying to make the team. They're absolutely gonna you know, they're going to show more than second string or third string offensive lineman. I get the disparity there and how it's kind of easier if you're trying to make a make the team for the Texans by by showing up that way. But it was this is like the tackle for lost highlights.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable and the shut Like Kevin Harris had eight carries for ten yards with a long of seven right, and I was.
Speaker 5: Going to point out that seven jumped out to me. I think it was on the maybe the last drive. I think it was the first drivers second half where I was like.
Speaker 2: Whoa, there's a little bit room. But there was no defensive lineman in the backfield that are surprised to be there. They don't even know what to do. It's like I got back here, so bisly they can't even they can't even five.
Speaker 3: And out of I'm no expert on you know, frontline stunts or anything, but this just looked to me like guys up front just beating blocks. Oh yeah, it didn't seem to me like they were Remember the Giants last year, Remember Dable was very off in the runt. Yeah, I didn't see a lot of that time from Houston. So yeah, six for twenty one for Pierre Strong, eight for ten for Kevin Harris, uh and four for four for JJ Taylor. So I used just not nothing, nothing another and the pass protection was got off.
Speaker 6: And I hesitate to call this a bad but Christian gonzales I got a lesson.
Speaker 3: I don't think I wouldn't have the sideline first, Like, yeah, hesitate on that, friend.
Speaker 6: You need to be the guy that makes the the contact, not wait for the contact to come for you to you. And he found out what happens heft around and found out in the NFL. You know, he found out. I like, hopefully he's not gonna make that mistake.
Speaker 2: Again, like right away. Like yeah, first of all, the game, like you wonder when it's gonna like to get your first you know, real content. I don't think he liked it.
Speaker 3: So I'll say I'll say this, like, okay, so that was a welcome to the NFL. That's the cliche. That was his welcome to the NFL moment. I agree with you. It's a bad look. A couple of things. One not related to that. I was more concerned about how open the guys that he was covering were and not like that play looked like a little bit of his zone. But the play he's trailing across, he ends up knocking the ball out. On the play, you know good, you know good fight through the play, But that's not what I'm looking for. Hoping the guy the ball after.
Speaker 6: I didn't think that was I catch, by the way, I think in the regular season you want to challenge that.
Speaker 3: It was definitely I showed it like even I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I know he took three steps, but I didn't think he had.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd be willing to look at it again if that's what you.
Speaker 6: Thought I got three steps.
Speaker 3: No, I thought he had the ball easy and was running with it and then it just got knocked out of bounce. But I didn't I didn't think his coverage was real tight. I didn't think Jack Jones's coverage. Uh, Tank Dell ran right by Jack Jones on that deep bowl that I think Mills at the time Milsey overthrew him a little bit. So yeah, I didn't think that the secondary. I don't think that you're wrong for putting that on Freddie because I don't think that that group was great and those Again, I'm not talking about Rodney Randall. I'm talking about Jack Jones and Christian Gonzales, guys that you know figure to be part.
Speaker 2: Of them presumably are going to be out there and yeah, playing in actual games right specific bad, Fred, is there something that really sticks out to you and like, oh that was that was? By the way, Another good that video board is is it's incredibly sharp. It's not inspiring ya keep talking about but when you look at it, you're like.
Speaker 3: Holy, it's amazing how sharp. I said that to Fred and the the in stadium practice, like you can like see.
Speaker 6: Like unfortunately from our vantage, the press spotts, you can't see it. We see the bottom half of it.
Speaker 2: From that's all. It doesn't look like this and everybody's heads cut off. I can't see anything. It's it's unbelievably clear. And yes, Oh this is this is actually worth the hype. I think it's you can see the dimples on the football is four k? You think it's you think it's it's it's high four ten a d P.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nice, it can go four k, but it's it's being shown at ten adp. It can it can handle four k.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long we're going to keep the bit going unless that's real. So it's a bit. So I have a bit right that it became real.
Speaker 3: The other part of the Gonzales thing that I think is worth discussing that Fred brings up about that hit the tackle.
Speaker 2: That's why the Patriots got him. That was well, that was part of he slipped.
Speaker 3: He slipped eight or ten spots because it was a knock on his physicality. Yeah, so I'm going to chalk it up to one play. I've loved him in camp. I didn't think he was as good tonight as we've seen in the practice field, and I have I'm going to be very consistent about this. Sure, I put much more stock on the practice field than I did preseason games.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna I'm gonna continue to do it.
Speaker 6: Do you dare put Bailey Zappie on the bat. I don't think it was fair for No, No, it wasn't fair.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what else he should have done.
Speaker 5: I didn't see any like he's got all day. Somebody's open, he's not seen like. Can I just say definitely chaos or this is what the offense looks like more often than not. Like and you know, we're really snarky and we make fun.
Speaker 2: Of the stats.
Speaker 3: And this is why we make fun of the snats. Like if you weren't there and someone did a you know, an update on with Hardy and said, well, Billy Zappie was twelve for fourteen in competitive periods today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what would you have thought? Was he twelve or fourteen? Twelve or fourteen?
Speaker 5: That's a great example than Paul. That's a perfect example. It's one of my bats.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 3: Like I'm finger wagging us the media. There was if someone told you, oh, the quarterback was twelve or fourteen at practice today in the competitive portions, lights out? Doesn't that tell you anything about what you saw from Bailey's appy tonight?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: In his twenty five snaps, No, there was.
Speaker 2: One play where he ended up throwing the ball away where he could have thrown it away four seconds earlier. He scrambled around.
Speaker 3: He looked and looked and looked like I got nothing.
Speaker 2: And again this is where it's it's helpful to you know, listen to you know, Zoe when he's making the call, or Paul when he's on doing the analysis, when he when he comes on. Because I don't see the you gotta throw it away now, you know, when when Zoe said, he's like, get rid of it. And sure enough, there was nobody open downfield, nobody had any chance of getting open. He scrambles, he rolls right, he ducks background, he comes in. He finally he's rolling left and throws it away, which all I had thrown it out to the left sideline. I guess is maybe a little safer. But you're gonna get croaked, and this is nothing. Nothing good is going to happen. That's the one. Yeah. And Zee was calling him to throw that thing away, you know before he ran an extra thirty yards in circles. So I thought that was a bad play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But I mean he's just trying to make something happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: I mean, I get what your point is, but I looked at it as like he was waiting to try to see if something happened. And this is what he does, I think more than Mac in training camp too. In practice. Yeah, he's not as quick to give up on a play. Mack would have run in a trading camp practice, right, and he probably would have done the gritty at the end of it.
Speaker 2: It's admirable and we're not comparing anybody to Brady. What would Brady have done? He would have thrown it away, he would first half second, Yeah, he.
Speaker 6: Would thrown it into the ground and yelled at him.
Speaker 3: Probably would have thrown He probably would have thrown a seventeen yard dot to someone.
Speaker 2: Works out pretty well, and it used to piss us off. It's like because, oh, because he sees so he.
Speaker 6: Could afford to waste a play.
Speaker 2: That's true, That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean offensively, there just wasn't really anything to build on tonight, I thought, you know, aside from the play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you can't judge the team like people, Is this.
Speaker 2: The way our offense is gonna look?
Speaker 6: No, you're not even looking at our offense. All you can do tonight is make individual you know, evaluations. You can't do team evaluations.
Speaker 5: I do think the offensive line has been an issue is an issue that is that is real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I you know, and you think about what it's going to mean when you have your starting tight ends and how much blocking are they going to be able to to provide? Probably not much so, but they're gonna be able to provide more of a of a downfield option for presumably Mac to Sifine, you know, to think so.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, we might not even get a chance to see that in the preseason. We won't know until the Eagles game. But what you getting excited though when you looked at Keyon White early and you thought, what's that going to look like when Barber's out there and Judan's out there and every you know, like I was, I was getting excited looking at that.
Speaker 3: My first disagreement for the same reason. I'm not overly concerned about the offense. I'm not excited about thinking that way, Like I need to see Keyon White first of all, being on the field with those guys. Yeah, and then I'll get excited about it if he's if he's doing some of those things. Like but I'm with Fred on this play on the pitch where the guy dropped the ball. He was completely unblocked, like no one touched, no one tried to block him because it was a pitch to the opposite side. He's a free guy, and he just ran in and tried to recover the fumble.
Speaker 2: Maybe likesive.
Speaker 3: Listen, he's explosive well, and they were moving him around in two ninety pounds. He's covering a punt. I mean, that's that's a I made that comment during the broadcast.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Fred heard it because I know you listen, right, No, did you not?
Speaker 6: I listened a little bit.
Speaker 2: Did you not listen to me tonight on the Good Show? I still agree with Fred though, in terms of things to look forward to and be excited about. There's a much better chance of seeing Keon White out there with the other guys and making meaningful contributions than, say, what was the other thing we got excited about tonight, Malie Cunningham, I hope you enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to see what I'm saying is I'm not gonna get too down on the you know, at Christian Gonzalez. I don't think any of us thought was great tonight. I think he's going to be a part of the defense. I'm not going to overreact to an individual performance in a preseason game negatively, So I'm gonna be I'm gonna be consistent. But he was very at a man among boys out there. He was the best player on the field for the Patriots to night, without question.
Speaker 2: Okay, surprised. Do you hear you say that? Why I said it earlier? Well, because that's what you want to see.
Speaker 3: Okay, But I'm but that doesn't mean I'm excited to see him play with Christian Barbour. I don't even know if he will play with Dietrich Wise is going to play.
Speaker 6: There's a difference between being excited to see it and predicting it's gonna be great. I'm excited to see him play.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can I can live with that.
Speaker 3: I'm agreeing with fred I'm with Freddy tonight.
Speaker 2: I'm with you against more beads.
Speaker 5: Rodney Randall. I think tanked Dell. I think tankd Dell caught four of the five passes in Davis Mills. I think was five for five on that drive before halftime when they went, you know, just went down the field, you know.
Speaker 2: But again, it's like, how do you put Roddy Randall on the down list.
Speaker 3: It's like I thought Tank Dell was doing the same thing for the starters.
Speaker 2: Did he not live up to what you were exacting?
Speaker 10: C J.
Speaker 3: Stroud threw one in the dirt that he like one hopped, caught with one hand. He was wide open on He had another crosser that I think Mills hit him like in the thighs, and then we got up and he was going like this to him, like you give me that up here and I can catch it and run.
Speaker 2: There was nobody on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's good in the middle of the field. There was nobody on him. Let me tell you, I don't know if it was him or just every like that fourteen kid was wide open too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like let's have the Texas is. None of them are great. But you went from Stroud, who's a rookie, then you go to Davis Mills. Davis Mills who's a veteran and case Keenum has had some.
Speaker 3: Deaf so Case Keenum is almost and I saw Batard tweet this during the game, that's almost not fair to have a vet and play at the end of the press. But Davis Mills is still trying to make his way in the league.
Speaker 6: No, but he's had experience.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, one thing I don't want to you know, overlook and be accused of being too soft on the penalty, call the off side on the punt and allowing them a fresh set of downs when you think back to what happened last year with the special teams and their issues. This is something that I'm just being honest and consistent last week when we're talking about you want to see I want to see clean special teams play. They don't have to be perfect, but let's not have any screw ups to where it, you know, changes the momentum of the game. There's one right there on thousand percent with you for the reasons you said. Yep, last year, I think that's at tonight, not and not jumping all you know, all over it was it was for go who was offside? Right?
Speaker 3: And what will happen is the mafia will come at you and say, well, what he's going to be out there? It doesn't matter, It doesn't it's a symbol matter what has been a problem for two years.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. Okay, anything else we need to get to other than the injured players. H No, I think that pretty much. Yeah, that pretty much covers it, all right. Carl Davis went down with a knee early on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was on the sideline though at the end, kind of talking with Jude on and stuff. It didn't it didn't appear to be anything too serious. Soka something to watch. And then Cody Russy went off late as well.
Speaker 2: I did not see him later. Okay, I think do you know what the rusty injury was?
Speaker 6: They were looking at his knee?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, because he was flat on his stomach and I couldn't tell if it was a knee injury.
Speaker 6: Oh wait a minute, and I might be thinking of Davis.
Speaker 3: Davis was left ankle or knee or something like that. It looked like he got it got rolled up on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's right. Yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, let's get to some phone calls. Eight five five pats five hundred.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, what.
Speaker 2: Eldred has been on hold since the start here. I don't know. I know something's wrong with Fred. Eldred. Check in on Fred before we do anything else. Good to hear from you. What's going on, buddy?
Speaker 4: How you doing good here? From all y'all too. Yeah, it was entertaining, but worse. But my question is due.
Speaker 11: Uh, I know you made the guy is gonna be starting, but his brown is hurt.
Speaker 4: And when you don't come back, do you think there's a chance to try to find somebody. Yes, off a line, because that's off of the line. Was offensive to watch?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Eldred. If if those guys, if they know those guys are going to be out for any period of time, they have to look for some help. They have to.
Speaker 2: I agree what they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, Fred, I'm gonna be like, be like one of them guys is on your search words.
Speaker 6: Okay, keep that, Keep Malik at quarterback, Keep Malik, give.
Speaker 3: Him a quarterback, keep him at quarterback.
Speaker 6: Get to wide receive, put him in the QB room?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Appreciate We were talking about offensive line acquisitions. We had a couple of calls in the sports up earlier this week. Why don't you go out and get you know, a serviceable offensive line and someone versatil can play a couple of spots. You know, why did they Why didn't they do that?
Speaker 3: I get you, let me go, let me go and pick one off the versatile offensive line treat.
Speaker 2: I mean, and you know, just to be like kind about it. I said, okay, a they would if they could, but be every single team in the league would want that, or probably more depth at corner. Those are the two things that every team in the league is looking for and would immediately pounce on. They're not out there. If they were, they would get them. They would be why don't they bring in an offensive lineman instead of looking at aging running backs? Well, here's why they're not available.
Speaker 6: Brian Water. It's gonna come out of that time.
Speaker 2: And I mean, that's you know, that's kind of the hard thing though.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, even if they pull it together this year, Trent Brown's a free agent, Riley Reefs near the end, Connor McDermott's a free agent, Like you know, it's not even like they really have the continuity right now. So hopefully they can find something and keep it healthy. But right now it seems like we don't really know what the top line looks like, and we don't really know if they could even keep that top line healthy. So I as much as we want to talk about the offense, I just think the offensive line getting that settled. And I will say, like generally, I feel like offensive line play it takes a little time. Like, I think that's something that you just have to acknowledge. Generally in September, it's not gonna be all in sync and working yet. Now there's a certain bar that you have to get to, and I don't think they've gotten to that bar yet.
Speaker 2: Tonight was was pretty ugly. Yes, boss, what's the thing that boss man Fred has in front of him? Is that a pager? What is that thing? Oh, that's I think that's Tamara's.
Speaker 3: I think she left it here or is it a WiFi?
Speaker 2: What is it? It's a light? Oh my god. So when you're doing yeah, I know, I'm now, I.
Speaker 6: Know, I'm your laptop. You put it on top of your laptop when you're doing your thing.
Speaker 2: I'm got lighting. Come on hardy, uh, Nick baby love on this first game of the preseason. What's going on there?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 12: Look at uh?
Speaker 4: I want to I want to shout out to you know, Fred, my man, you know for keeping you you got now you had the longest running host of the number one show. My man, Hearty, you know, I love your brother, Thank you. I want to shout out the lady. He's smoking hot tomorrow. And of course mister holy Cross, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ye do so the Holy Cross there he's French.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, of course.
Speaker 6: D trained Original Crusader.
Speaker 4: And Paul, hey, you were fantastic on TV tonight with Socie, know what I mean, And you well, I was watching front of the recording studio. I've been on a hot streak and Paul, I want to you know, I'll text you, hopefully you'll give Hardy my number.
Speaker 2: I get right, and.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, you know, I'm a Tom Brady guy, so I'm sort of out of the loop. But you guys, you know, you know I don't I keep it straight. The show is so good and I heard about so many players and I tried to get through on the pregame but I didn't hear. I just couldn't get through. And then the post game. I just think, you know, there's a lot of positivity, and you know, uh, you know, uh, you know, I'm glad went out on Hard Knocks. Hey, look at the good but you know what I mean, don't even get me started with all these because you know, Paul knows best from my music career with dealing with Murray Starr and the bag of a New Edition and New Kids on the Block.
Speaker 2: Sure, Hey, Nick, I appreciate the call. Thank you listen. Maybe the biggest positive we can take from this preseason is the Patriots are not on hard knocks. I mean, I mean so far that is. I would put that near the top of the list.
Speaker 6: You should have Nick on your music show on the series.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, do you need me to explain to you what I do on that show because Fred's music? Yeah, well do you talk about music?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 6: So you could have Nick baby Love on. You can talk about maur we start new edition.
Speaker 2: The conversation I had with Frevy's asked me, what do you do on that music show and play songs? Do you talk about him? Sometimes?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 6: Like no, Like some of those shows like the DJ gives you some history. Oh you know, and when Karen Carpenter was seventeen, she broke out with her brother and they you know that type of.
Speaker 2: I always ask Cardi that because he's got those kind of things.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, did you know that just off the top of your head or is that like a research there yet, like a nugget you had to dig up or did it just occur to you at the time You're like, oh, by the way, I have a little trivia about Princess Purple Rain or you know something like that.
Speaker 2: Right, I would say it's probably it's not fifty to fifty. It's probably two thirds just stuff that I've retained and a third of the stuff all because you're playing a lot of the same songs, so kind of So why.
Speaker 6: Did Grant Funk Railroad post nude in their album We're an American band in the bar?
Speaker 2: Interesting story?
Speaker 6: Really do you know that?
Speaker 2: I do know that. Yeah, and it's not suitable for it? Oh oh, who it is? Wei's own Andy Hart? But why is he coming in here? Energy?
Speaker 6: He's all ready to go, like he just down to five hour energy.
Speaker 2: It's a special tree. You can tell he's a true radio guy now because he's wearing free clothes, fishing and cross stow.
Speaker 15: And that's why I came in because I had to tell you, so, Paul, you'll enjoy this. But everybody, this is a classic PFW story. So I come out of the locker room. Who do I run into?
Speaker 8: Immediately? Bill No Devil.
Speaker 15: He looks at me, he goes, hey, Andy, and then he sees the shirt. He goes hits me on the chest. He goes, you meathead, Tell me that's not a I just got called a meathead by a NFL Pro Bowl full back.
Speaker 8: Right, Life's pretty good. Right now. I can die a happy man tonight because.
Speaker 2: It means something coming from him.
Speaker 6: He has been excited and keen wind up at full back, and I was not excited.
Speaker 8: Chase was excited when Malik Cunningham played, though.
Speaker 6: Oh you're one of the people excited.
Speaker 15: Oh he saved the game. The game was an absolute stinker. As Mike Gardi would say, the game stink, itt stanked and it's stunk.
Speaker 6: To what level are you excited about Malie Cunningham preseason?
Speaker 2: Going forward?
Speaker 8: Preseason level?
Speaker 15: Michael Bishop? Old, he is Michael Bishop. He is going to elicit excitement and energy in the fan base. He's going to be Mac Jones's new worst nightmare. We can put Zappy to bed and go to Malik Cunningham and the guy. That's what I'm trying to get at. So you think this goes beyond the preseason?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 15: Okay, Wait a minute, I think people will be saying cunning.
Speaker 3: So you're saying for people, Okay, enough for me, Okay, I think he's the perfect you mean people, Yeah, you people will.
Speaker 8: Be saying Malik cunning him. But he's the perfect practice squad player.
Speaker 6: Okay, Like I thought you were saying, you.
Speaker 15: Can we go back to the throw he didn't make ta booty the other day. You would have made that throw, Fred, and I've seen you throw the.
Speaker 2: One handed one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: You would have made it.
Speaker 8: All five of us would have made the throw better than he did. No disrespect. I love the kid.
Speaker 2: That was the first.
Speaker 15: Clever and smart as he said about himself. I liked that called himself clever and smart. That's why you can learn two positions.
Speaker 2: Does he end up in the quarterback room at any point?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean he's better than Trace mcsorely.
Speaker 3: He's much more dynamic. I mean, I think that's whatever.
Speaker 8: Adjective you want to use. He's trace McSorley. Yes, he's don't see anything.
Speaker 15: I totally agree this is going to sound disrespectful, but I don't work for you anymore.
Speaker 8: He seems like a waste of time.
Speaker 2: I don't think Trace mcley is going to be on the team, so.
Speaker 8: Oh no, neither of them will be YEA the practice squad. I think he's the perfect practice squad player.
Speaker 2: It's like seventy people.
Speaker 6: We should have an applause line.
Speaker 8: I'll give rhim it's Tom Brown. Why are there beers in the background? I just noticed those.
Speaker 2: Those are the forever New England beers.
Speaker 8: Are they full?
Speaker 2: Okay? That's so Scout. I think he's obsessed with that.
Speaker 3: What is one of the things that has been a really big problem for this team in recent years? Defending mobile quarterbacks? I think list right, No, I don't. That's why I answered the question because I didn't want you to get all me. So why walking there I tackling? I mean I brought it up on on the broadcast, like this is like the perfect guy. Like a month from now they're going to be preparing for Jalen.
Speaker 8: Hurts, rubbing it in my face that he's on the broadcast, and I'm not.
Speaker 5: Well, you could have been on pack matthaee, but not.
Speaker 16: I.
Speaker 8: I just saw he's waiting to do a podcast with me. He's probably like, I just like to go home.
Speaker 6: We got ninety eight point five? What's like? Is this okay?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 6: Are your boss is going to be like were you.
Speaker 3: Doing when you're a jet crossing the streams?
Speaker 2: I think my bosses are okay with it.
Speaker 8: Oh big rating balls on the table.
Speaker 6: No threat, no threat there.
Speaker 2: Over here, I think.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'd like to think I'm at least Malik Cunningham. I might not be able to play, but some people like me.
Speaker 4: You are.
Speaker 2: You are that exciting and dynamics you. I'll take Mully Cunningham. Yeez. No, I mean in terms of things to get excited about your lost control. They show it something a moment you walked in that when you sit down on strikeout on his house it stands for craft as in craft sports production. No it doesn't, but I thought I could get away fine.
Speaker 15: It reminds me of the one that Shanahan had with the little logo in the middle for forty nine ers that is white circle.
Speaker 8: Okay, this isn't offensive. It's not a charity or something.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's it's core golf. But okay, it would track for a radio guy to be wearing a circle K hat for free to remote. When I was handing out.
Speaker 8: I got my shirt for freeze.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, in terms of things but stuff coming.
Speaker 3: But for the case of that stuff coming, we got to talk about that off air product.
Speaker 2: Is the product coming?
Speaker 8: I just had one.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's an energy.
Speaker 8: It's great for it. You should try it in all seriousness.
Speaker 6: Why why is it different from every other energy drink?
Speaker 15: Because he sponsors any that means ful, That's partially the reason. But no, it doesn't make me feel funny. I just don't get tired, like when I.
Speaker 8: Literally had it in the fourth quarter, said it's okay. What do you mean?
Speaker 15: I don't feel I don't like if I drink a coffee late, my belly feels yeah, I have no entiety.
Speaker 6: Don't make me feel well.
Speaker 8: This is better than five hour energy?
Speaker 2: Can you can.
Speaker 8: You five hour and fifteen minute energy?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 2: Five is a magic number, stupid eleven minute apps. No a tree.
Speaker 6: In a couple of years, I'll find out you'll grow an extra ball or something.
Speaker 8: Well, I did ask the guy. You know, I had these on Draft night and I had four of them, and I asked the.
Speaker 15: Guy how many you're supposed to have? He goes, how mad you have four? He goes Jesus that.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 8: Here now too, I mean the microphone.
Speaker 2: Don't try to the Boston accent. I think I have that down now.
Speaker 8: I don't really think you help it.
Speaker 2: I thought I did you show him tweeted, called me.
Speaker 8: We've been talking about it for five minutes.
Speaker 2: It's on the screen again the Pat McAfee show.
Speaker 8: How many cameras are on you in that shop?
Speaker 2: I don't look that.
Speaker 6: I could.
Speaker 2: I need to lose like that old Kansas coach. It's like one of those VR rides at Universal Studios. My god, it's there. Did you not see it?
Speaker 15: It's stung by a bee or a hundred Well, I called him a legend. I feel like I get to reined in. I'm nice on the internet.
Speaker 2: Now he's going back into his cocoon. I hope you're happy.
Speaker 8: And McAfee, we need him was his controversy recently.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know that he's getting a billion dollars for standing up yelling that I.
Speaker 8: Tried to cancel him for something I did.
Speaker 2: Said to them. I always kind of felt.
Speaker 15: Like, oh, he made a Michigan State sexual assault choke over.
Speaker 2: Well, and I know you that's your people. Hey, Baron was on the good list.
Speaker 15: Easy really, I said, yeahst.
Speaker 2: But it had the Romanian role. Yeah, it's like, that's why you're not cons That was a rookie punch, and he consistent on his show that on this show. He's on the good list. This show used to be objective.
Speaker 6: He was on good and bad list.
Speaker 8: He's like, when do we start our podcast? I had to tell it a good story.
Speaker 2: I can tell it on such an anger.
Speaker 13: Okay by guys on this show to take a break, Yeah, I said, on this show, gets to talk, and I was going to go with gets to be heard, but I like.
Speaker 8: Okay by guys.
Speaker 2: Andy Hart one of the best things on W.
Speaker 6: You're in the arena now fits one of.
Speaker 2: The best guys in that building. He's on Big one O three and he does a lot of work with them.
Speaker 6: And you have a music show too, because you know, Hardy has a music show that he talks.
Speaker 2: I say, he's on Big one of three. Is that you do a lot for Big one O three, which is a great You guys are doing a great job. Thank you both specifically personally.
Speaker 8: And you do a lot for that, not Big one O three, he said, can you listen? He said, W Big one of three were the most versatile man.
Speaker 2: I've heard. I've heard Fitz on his spirits. We are you know, chameleons. It's like, what do you need is to do we can do it right you can do the humble.
Speaker 8: There was no humble there.
Speaker 2: It was just brag no, no, we are jacks of all trades.
Speaker 6: Masters the Germans today interviewing Sebastian people.
Speaker 2: Much of this show. I know it's not like your stuff. He's working more blue than doucetof He's the one who talked about growing a third testicle. He has blown the two of us. I thought we were going to tell everybody about that. He's blown us.
Speaker 3: Away in unintentional swearing like it just no one swears no reason more than Mike just like just got talking.
Speaker 2: His comments can be and all of a sudden it's like as I can't.
Speaker 8: Tell you how proud of him to be part of the last postage show.
Speaker 2: I can't even help it. Guys, don't have a podcast fun Storming the Castle, Andy and FITSI to the Great brought to you by C four two of the grades.
Speaker 6: You never know, it's you never know?
Speaker 2: Are we gonna break mercifully? Excellent?
Speaker 6: Hear it?
Speaker 3: What do we got like another half hour to this thing? I don't know, My Patriots, I feel like I'm light handed.
Speaker 2: Patriots Postgame brought to you by the Massachusetts Office of Traveling tourism. Great memories are made in Massachusetts, no matter how you choose to make them indoors, outdoors, scenic views, city vibe, solo or family style. Whatever moves you, whatever this season, plan your perfect Massachusetts get away. VISITMA dot com.
Speaker 14: Isn't it time to get exactly what you want? Welcome to Red Hot Deal Days from Verizon, where you get your pick of our best deals like my Plan, where you can pick the perse you want and save on everyone for limited time. Bring your own phones to a Verizon store and you can get my plan for our best price ever. Get exactly what you want on your phone plan and only pay for what you need. Bring your phones to your Verizon store today and get my plan. These deals won't last. It's your Verizon.
Speaker 2: To you.
Speaker 18: Interactive from the Yocres Company offers New England's leading schools and businesses technologically advanced and easy to use interactive displays, providing enhanced collaboration and improved student outcomes in the classroom and an easy way to foster communication and team work in any business environment. Available in multiple sizes, Touch for You also offers a built in VC allowing for easy use through video conference systems. For more information, visit okers dot com.
Speaker 16: This is the Gillette Labs with exfoliating bar. The bar in the handle removes unseen dirt and debris ahead of the blades for effortless shaving in one efficient stroke.
Speaker 2: A million dollars for picking players.
Speaker 8: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: DraftKings.
Speaker 19: You know how many jokes I gotta tell to make a million dollars?
Speaker 8: Probably like a half of one.
Speaker 15: Take a free shot at a million dollars with DraftKings, the leader in daily fantasy sports.
Speaker 1: We exist to keep your body and mind moving.
Speaker 8: It's never soon.
Speaker 1: Because everybody is it There a body.
Speaker 8: Touch for you.
Speaker 18: Interactive from the Yocres company offers New England's leading schools and businesses technologically advanced and easy to use interactive displays, providing enhanced collaboration and improved student outcomes in the classroom and an easy way to foster communication and teamwork in any business environment. Available in multiple sizes, Touchview also offers a built in VC allowing for easy use through video conference systems. For more information, visit okres dot com.
Speaker 16: This is the Gillette Labs with exfoliating bar. The bar in the handle removes unseen dirt and debree ahead of the blades for effortless shaving in one efficient stroke.
Speaker 2: A million dollars for picking players.
Speaker 8: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 19: DraftKings, You know how many jokes I got to tell to make a million dollars?
Speaker 6: Probably like a half of one.
Speaker 15: Take a free shot at a million dollars with DraftKings, the leader in daily fantasy sport.
Speaker 7: We exist to keep your body and mind moving.
Speaker 18: It's never soon.
Speaker 7: She has everybody?
Speaker 20: Is it their body?
Speaker 14: Isn't it time to get exactly what you want? Welcome to Red Hot Deal Days from Verizon, where you get your pick of our best deals like my plan, where you can pick the perse you want and save on everyone for limited time. Bring your own phones to a Verizon store and you can get my plan for our best price ever. Get exactly what you want on your phone plan and only pay for what you need. Bring your phone to your Verizon store today and get my plan. These deals won't last. It's your Verizon.
Speaker 1: Join the conversation by calling the ACE to get hotline at eight five five Pats five hundred, or email this show at web radio at Patriots dot com.
Speaker 6: So what if they lose this game?
Speaker 3: To play hard to try to get the number one seed.
Speaker 6: Okay, if they lose to the Bengals, what's the scenario for that.
Speaker 3: They need to win to get the number one seed.
Speaker 2: What if they beat the Bengals, they need to win to secure the.
Speaker 6: Number one See either way, it's the same, correct.
Speaker 1: Live from our studios inside Jillette Stadium.
Speaker 2: Here's Hardy all right. Patriots dropped their preseason opener to the Texans tonight. Twenty to nine was the final here from Gillette Stadium. We're talking about it with Mike Dussau and Fred Kersh and Paul Parilla and with you at eight five to five, Pats five hundred. We'll hear from the head coach here in just a little while. But first to your calls speed in Fresno's speed. What's going on, buddy.
Speaker 19: It's kind of sad Andy Leeves for such a great job there at EE, but the guys can't even afford a decent razor. Yeah, he looks like he's been stuck in an airport.
Speaker 6: Term now now that's that's his look.
Speaker 2: Now, speed.
Speaker 3: He he doesn't work here anymore, so he doesn't have all the Gillette.
Speaker 6: Oh right, that's on perps, scruffy, scruffy.
Speaker 19: That's that's that's not that's not part of enough for the heart of I don't like it for it. Yeah, and that Christian Dolls getting blown up on i think probably his first first place gameplay of his NFL career. All I could think of was, you know, Christy Watkins her untimely demised the start of Jaws just brutal.
Speaker 2: Oh oh that's one. So that that what you're doing? That is one? And and that was that was well that's an inside joke. Yes, well one of the over the over unders one and a half, so this is not references.
Speaker 12: I think that's the quarter I gave you a quarter.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, oh go ahead speed. Did you have something else on the game?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I was just I was happy with that completion to Thornton. But I don't not not to go off the rails too much. But I just wonder with with this team, because I don't think I got much about the team tonight. I was just thinking about the zone in general, and how there's probably going to be kind of a few few and far between trips there offensively and every year. Well it seems to you guys like in the offseason. You're telling us about how much of an emphasis there is at least the start of campus that are like on the red zone, and I just it just seems like there's a lot of emphasis but underwhelming delivery consistently. It just seems like an ongoing issue, and one for one tonight you don't have a Pops on your guys radar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean that's what I was thinking. They weren't really there a lot once. Yeah, the one time in.
Speaker 6: The interception, right, No, they didn't get there, and that they didn't even get in there there.
Speaker 5: Well, that That's what I wanted to bring up, was that the interception was Paul's thing.
Speaker 2: Fourn out pick three, I have thorn out without a pick three? Yeah, pick three, that's that's mine. They went backwards, that's yours. Yes, apology discounts as the same Jaws reference since you mentioned it though, because I was watching it of course again the other or night. It is. It is the ultimate either bad edit or overdub when he says that lie, oh yeah right, this is what happens though, This is what happens and camera, I'm like, why is that part of another line that they cut there was.
Speaker 5: There was probably like a jump cut or something. They had to cover it, so they had to do like a pick up and right, let's just get it and maybe not sure.
Speaker 3: I know, I can't believe it. I cannot believe that. I don't know he's one hundred percent right. I've thought that all the time. You guys said the same exact thing. I know that you're right, Yeah, you know, he's doing the whole autopsy, and then out of nowhere there's just a weird cut where he but picks the arm up, and you know, it was probably just the special effect shot that they're.
Speaker 5: Like, well, it'll be better if they got like maybe like get a bloody appendage out of there, you know.
Speaker 2: But all right, there we go. Wow, I'm gonna have to go back next. It looks like I won no no, no, no no, this is still just one no no, no, no, still one.
Speaker 8: To I dedicated to that scene.
Speaker 2: What's going? What's going on? Tyler in the Bay Area? Yes, not a poison bag?
Speaker 4: How's it going?
Speaker 19: Long time caller, super looking forward to every show you guys have.
Speaker 11: I just want a contrast on the freaking offensive line's absolutely terrible.
Speaker 4: What did your guys. Thoughts on getting that better in the future.
Speaker 6: Well, that's not our offensive line, thank goodness, but that's our depth. Some of them might be well if guys don't get healthy. McDermott, for one.
Speaker 2: McDermott could be the starter on opening day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say for me, I'd love to just see Michael and when you back out there, and I don't know if he's gonna play guard or tackle, but I just think he's good and you need him back, and he's been missing since the spring, so get him back.
Speaker 2: That's a good step.
Speaker 3: Where do you land on the put him at right tackle train?
Speaker 5: I I don't think that he's like has great foot speed either, So I think that no matter who you put it right tackle, you're gonna have some foot speed issues.
Speaker 2: I at least know that he's a maller, So I'm not like, I don't think that that's the end all be all. Like, I don't need him. So McDermott, guys that were out there, sou the rookie.
Speaker 3: So I thought it was Pigan an urban setting. Andrew stupid Well, the starting line was Mafi.
Speaker 6: It was a bunch of It was a bunch of.
Speaker 3: But Fred it like it really wasn't. It wasn't as bad as you like some of those guys. I think we'll have to like chasing it was McDermott, Mafi, Farens, Russy and uh and Sue. So that was the starting line for the first half that got completely overwhelmed. I think any of those five guys could be starters, like for this team, depending on what ends up happening, one of them has to be a starter, right.
Speaker 2: McDermott probably right about Riley reef to get the night off.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's the same thing as what you had. No, but he no, I understand that.
Speaker 6: But and did he not play because they expect him to be the right tackle?
Speaker 2: I think they just see him as I don't think.
Speaker 3: I think he has as good a chance of not making the team as he does of being the answer at right tackle.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's the answer, but a guy who.
Speaker 3: Plays right But I think that's McDermott is my point, Like, one of those guys is gonna play, That's my point. Like, and if he doesn't play, and then they move a win you out to tackle, then one of the guys that played guard tonight is going to play guard. Mafi or Russie or.
Speaker 6: Well, listen, when somebody when you have five guys that can't play, it looks really bad. When you have a line with one guy, you can cover that up. You can cover that up. If there's a weak link, you know that.
Speaker 3: But you have to scheme around it, and that handcuffs your offense, I know, but you can, you can, And I think if you can have like sort of a shaky offensive line and be fine, you can't have a train wreck like tonight.
Speaker 6: Tonight was a train wreck.
Speaker 2: It was a train wreck, and it was I'll give Zappi credit on the on the handful of throws where he did to have a second and a half to do something with the ball. It is going to seem like an embarrassment of riches when either one of these guys gets two or three seconds in the pocket. Now there are indications something else is going wrong downfield if you need that much time. But if they ever get any protection time, I think you know they're gonna have a completely different look to the passing game. Yeah, and hopefully to the running game as well, because there was nothing tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, they tried a lot of screens tonight too.
Speaker 5: That well then we get into the separation issues, which I think we've seen a little bit in practice too though that he's got some time wait wait nothing talk Ron. You know we have seen some of that too, So I think it's all connected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I get your point, friend, And that's why I don't get lost in the preseason games because I know that it's what you see isn't always what you're going to get. But I do think that they have some depth problems on the offensive line. I am not like David Andrews. Is the only thing that I'm certain about right now out of the projected started five. Now, if you're gonna tell me to your point that A when you is going to be fine on September tenth, that's two things I'm not worried about. I'm not worried about Michael wyn you if he's if he's health.
Speaker 2: Are you worried about Trent Brown's health or I worry about engagement everything? Both? Okay, it's it's I was told not to worry about his health. It's his want.
Speaker 3: Well, even if it's this one, it might be something I personally would agree with that report. I think the bigger issue is engagement okay, okay, but he kind of always gets hurt.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, and then cold strange.
Speaker 3: Cold strange. I worry about Like, the last we saw him, he was getting benched. So I know everybody just says year two he's a pro bowler. Now, maybe he is, but until I see it, I worry about him.
Speaker 2: I seem to remember a lot of people saying that about the quarterback in year two. I was like the lone voice in the wilderness, saying, are you sure he's going to be better in year two?
Speaker 6: Well? Because of Patricia?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well did he did? He also play great on top of that. That was Paul's point on last season.
Speaker 6: I don't know some of the blame goes on the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, what you guys are guys, let's off it, stop it right now.
Speaker 2: This is what happens.
Speaker 5: The story behind that line and jaws, I can't read it. So who actually says this is what happens?
Speaker 2: Well, it's definitely him, but Hooper says it. But who's giving the whole Uh?
Speaker 5: You know, he's he's laying like the mid thoracic intact and and then it's just you're not smoking here, He's just running through the he's running through the autopsy lift and then it's a total like weird cut and the arm comes up and it's just so this is what happens.
Speaker 2: So all right, I'm I'm all in now, okay, so let's let's get back to this. So what is who.
Speaker 5: Still counts as one references from the Ocean Graphic Institute, and so what is he?
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like he's a rich kid who drives around on a boat. And what's special car cart and car car?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 8: A great white?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: What is his specialty? He's like a marine bio.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, right, we'll go to go back to Constanzo. He's a real marine biologist.
Speaker 2: Some story. What makes him an expert on the top right? Well, bite radius bite radio. He comes in like this is no bone. Well he also crewed three transpacts. Can he try? Can he tie a sheep shank?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What is that? It's a floating insane Yeah, he hasn't had to pass basic seamanship in a while. Can I get a say how long you wanted it? What's the official count out? Now, Madison is just this is still one Jaws reference we put up with graphic.
Speaker 6: I was it one.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to.
Speaker 8: Read that article.
Speaker 6: I apologize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you text that to us? No one's listening anyway, Carlin in Connecticut, Yes, Carlin, thank you for your patience. What's going on?
Speaker 21: Hi, Thank you guys for giving me the pleasure to speak with you guys today. I just wanted to give the shout out to all the guys on on the podcast today, you know, thinking wrap Ball.
Speaker 22: Mike and everybody. I've been waiting a lot to get on your podcast.
Speaker 2: Wow, welcome, thank you, you're here.
Speaker 21: I'm here, I'm here. I just want to give a shout out to my boy Patterson too. I'm actually going to my first Patriots game against the Egos for.
Speaker 2: Nice hot ticket excellent. Yeah, yeah, he might be a special guest.
Speaker 21: He ended up surprising me and getting me those tickets. But yeah, I just wanted to ask you guys a question and and just see if what do you guys think about our running game this season? Do you guys think we're gonna get a little bit better with a running game? I know we've added a couple couple people to our team in the past couple of months, but so like we we have room to get better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean, right now, the running game is remandre right pretty much.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, I worry and.
Speaker 3: I think they were just okay last year running the ball. Yeah, I mean I think you know, he was excellent individually. Yeah, that's why you just want to help you.
Speaker 6: I think when you need to improve as much as they do on the offensive line, I think there's going to be so much focus on pass blocking and protecting Mac that I think the running game is going to take a hit a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I'd like to get Time Montgomery two to help him. I mean, I think I just I think he's a great player, and I think, well, they got to do more to help him.
Speaker 6: The idea of Time Montgomery can really help them. But we've never seen that manifested. S's true, you know, and I think even in the league that one year when he was with the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Or no, no, so the Jets.
Speaker 6: No, no, what was the year where he the Packers? That that was the year where he kind of came out and every both a receiver because they had injuries and a running back and he was phenomenal.
Speaker 2: That was twenty sixteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a long time.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred total yards in twenty sixteen, He's never approached it.
Speaker 6: Right, that was it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Right, I definitely agree. I mean like, I feel like a lot of people don't give a lot of credits to like Max Jones, especially. I mean I know that you know, this is what third season with us, and his first season was phenomenal. I have nothing bad to say about Mac Jones his first season. His second season was a little bit rocky, and I just feel like him coming into his third season, you know, he has a lot of expectations, he has a lot.
Speaker 19: Of people to prove wrong, to prove wrong, and you.
Speaker 21: Know there's a lot of time for him to prosper and grow into the quarterback that he's supposed to be.
Speaker 22: But I feel like the credit.
Speaker 21: Isn't definitely given when, like when it's time for Mac Droones to deserve it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, Carlin and I'm glad you called in. Please please call, please call back, glad we could make your dreams come true. Like my name's actually Clicks. I think he gets the credit he deserves for having, you know, a a rookie season, talk about Carlton and then and then look he made the made the postseason is great, got blown out, probably didn't belong in the pole season.
Speaker 6: I think Mac had a competent of a good rookie season, but he faded down the stretch, you know. And and I think he had a good season.
Speaker 2: I think he had a good rookie season. Yeah, but he gets and he gets credit for that.
Speaker 3: I think if he has the same exact season right now, no one, not one person will call it phenomenal.
Speaker 6: We'll be upset, will it?
Speaker 2: You think?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? If he's as good as he was in year one and that's all he is in in this upcoming.
Speaker 3: That means the last half of the season they fell off again.
Speaker 2: If he has the same season, okay, the exact same season, but I'm saying like they have more than if you want to reword it, I'm just kidding. I'm talking about his play.
Speaker 6: I want to reword it by saying if he if you look at his rookie season, if you take his best performances there and he does that consistently this season, then that would be a big leap. Yes, Okay, yes, I'll take that. Okay, and he does.
Speaker 3: And he does he does the Cleveland game, say seventeen times seventeen times.
Speaker 2: But I think you'd be shocked.
Speaker 3: And I heard this a little bit on that show that we were talking about earlier, Mike in the pregame with Joe Murray and Alex Barth.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: You know our friend Alex Barth does the catch twenty two with Evan. The last eight games of his rookie year compared comparatively to the last eight games last year. Last year's last eight games were better than the last eight games as rookie year.
Speaker 2: Which tells you how bad his last eight games were in a rookie year. Right, Okay, Jeff and Maine, congratulations on your little leaguers beating Canton tonight. I'm sure you were watching.
Speaker 6: Oh Canton lost?
Speaker 2: They did? Yes, Hello Jeff.
Speaker 12: Hey, Yeah, that's that's what I was going to say. You know, we don't we don't have much for national athletics in Maine. We have little league Cooper Flag and like a couple practice squad players and Patrick the WinCE un.
Speaker 2: So uh Cooper Flag.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: I got a chance to watch play last year. He played against my son. It was like he was playing a different sport than my son was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Little victories all right, Yeah, Yeah, we don't get much up here, But I just wanted to say that in terms of the old line. Obviously, I mean, we all watch the game. They they stink, stank, stunk, as you already would say. But I also think, you know, talking about how you know, a couple of these guys might have to start, you know, kind of you guys were talking about pessimistically earlier, which is understandable. I also think it's kind of unfair to judge all five guys based off of an athletic performance, you know, looking at it in a vacuum. An O line can stink if you have three terrible players and one good one and one okay one. You know, like if I didn't watch the wan Ones a time. I obviously haven't watched the All twenty two or whatever, but you know, like if if Mafy had a good day, you can still look at it and say, wow, you know, the offensive line stunk today, but you may not have to be concerned about Antonio Maffi in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that. I agree with that, and I think you're being You're being totally fair. I just and and again, given it the initial eyeball test, there were so many guys in the backfield on so many plays. It's hard for me to believe that you could go back and watch the All twenty two and watch the one on one matchups and say, oh, actually, you know what, Sue So actually had a pretty good game. After all. I'd be shocked to learn that any of those guys who played a meaningful number of reps to night comes away with a positive grade. I'd be based on.
Speaker 3: The different amount of Texans that seemed to be in the backfield, like from different areas, I would agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but based on that alone, that's just you know, my initial take.
Speaker 5: If I had to put somebody on the microscope, though, I'd like to see Mafi because I think he, of all those guys, has shown, you know, just the most little bits of promise.
Speaker 2: But he's probably right. Uh, we're gonna go to Bill in a moment. Okay, no, no, oh lift.
Speaker 1: Arm head, shoulders certainly, and portions of the rib cag'retect.
Speaker 19: You're not smoking here, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: This is what.
Speaker 16: Happens in indicates the non frenzy feeding of it there.
Speaker 2: It is so I read the article Hardy, Hardy, dug it up. It's it's exactly what we said.
Speaker 6: They had to read it.
Speaker 5: Well, I just think, you know, it's like a bunch of filler and then there's like one paragraph that tells you good what happened. But no, it's just it's you know, they had to make a cut. They didn't have a smooth place to make a cut while he's doing the autopsy, so they just you know.
Speaker 2: Took that shot put the But what did that mean?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What did that mean?
Speaker 6: This is what happens.
Speaker 2: It's like we just have to come up with me.
Speaker 5: Well, think about this way, like put it this way, like, all right, we've got a shot of the arm being lifted up. We need a line to put over that. What do we say, because we need to put like a little interstitial to break this because they said it was too long.
Speaker 2: They wanted to shorten it. So it was just you know, you had to come up with a little throwaway line of you know, like, wow, we really got our hair. Huh. You know what I mean. You got to come up with something.
Speaker 3: Then later you know, it's like, you know, girl goes up for a swim, she gets tired. You know, it's caught in a bowl propeller. It's happened.
Speaker 6: This is what happens.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe this is still stopping, but it stops one of one of those it's one of those lines that that you know, it presents more questions than it answers, Like the kids who's begging for something is being wheeled down in a hospital, Gurdie, Maybe, why do you buy coffee? Does he want coffee? Or does he want coffee flavored ice coffee ice cream? What kid wants coffee flavored ice cream? You don't like?
Speaker 6: I used to like coffee flavored ice cream.
Speaker 2: Did you like black jelly beans too?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, I did have a friend who liked coffee ice cream. Andy Filban, Yeah, oh, coffee ice cream is good, the rookie Filban he used to refer to himself.
Speaker 2: Do you like Tierramy Sue? Yeah, it's not bad? Is good? Not not my favorite, but it's good.
Speaker 5: Got an Oreo Tiarsue, that's my favorite.
Speaker 2: I pulled up Tim in Virginia two minut It has been silent this entire time. Tim, you're a pro. Thank you for holding what's going on?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 23: How you doing?
Speaker 11: Long time listener, first time caller? You know, I appreciate you guys taking my call. I hear you guys complaining about the past blocking issue. However, we all we also have a mobile quarterback on there. That might give way for Taekwon Thornton to get a receiving Well, he might get a spot up here.
Speaker 12: We got a lot of good receivers.
Speaker 11: We could dump McSorley, trade them to the practice squad, trade them somewhere. McDonald's something.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you want to get rid of So you're saying m You're saying Malie Cunningham can make the receivers better.
Speaker 6: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 11: No, Malik Cunningham could be a good backup quarterback.
Speaker 2: Man, you want to bring in a new mobile quarterback.
Speaker 11: I don't think that Sorely is good enough.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well I don't McSorley is gonna make the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really don't think McSorley is going to make the team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't worry about McSorley.
Speaker 2: Okay, the no need, no need to worryop telling me that I won't Rob in Australia.
Speaker 6: Hi, Rob, it's eleven in the afternoon there, I think, is it?
Speaker 2: Well, depends on what part of Australia the middle of winner. That's time.
Speaker 22: First of all, I just want to say I really appreciated the Brewsters Millions talk on the pregame show.
Speaker 6: Is that.
Speaker 2: The boss.
Speaker 22: Million John my favorite actor in that movie. By the way, that's a great job.
Speaker 2: I thought that.
Speaker 3: Spike Spike football question and this after watching the game today.
Speaker 22: The offensive line obviously looks like it's in shambles, and then receivers don't look great either. Would you with lakey On White played, would you be willing to trade Josh to a team to get maybe their number three tackles or to a team that you could maybe pick up their number two wide receiver even if you had a kick in like a third or fourth round pick with Josh, uh that kem White looked good enough as your other end outside of like Matt Judon. Because I just don't think we have enough on the offensive line and on wide receiver, and you might actually have enough there on the edges for pass rushing and you can get rid of a guy like Early and then pick up something that you could use this year.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know if if another team coveted enough to give us a number one wide receiver or number one tackle then I would consider that.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, see, I'm not going to give them up for a number two receiver because we have number two receivers and we have you know, so I just don't think it's enough. I don't want to give up a number two tackle.
Speaker 2: I could use a number two Yeah, number two tackle. Yeah, how about that, Robs? My answer, my answer was almost yes.
Speaker 3: On the number three test, I oddly once again agreed with Fred. I don't think you need to give up Josh Uca to get a third tackle from somebody, but a second. But a second tackle someone who starts for somebody that maybe has a young guy that they think can step in for that second tackle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta think I'd rather just go on onnu on that in that case, you know, and keep keep your eyes.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to happen. I don't think you need to.
Speaker 6: Would you give up? And when you for Tyron Smith?
Speaker 2: No, no, Tyron Smith.
Speaker 24: Yeah we're old. Yeah, he's like close to done. All right, Rob, thank you for the call. Good to hear from you. Thanks appreciate it. Uh, we are good for Bill Belichick. Good, let's hear from the head coach. And before we do, we would like to.
Speaker 2: Thank uh Microsoft Surface, the official sideline technology provider and laptop of the NFL and the New England Patriots that provides players and coaches with the tools to succeed both on and off the field. Check out the powerful Surface Pro nine, combining the power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet at Surface dot com. Here's the head coach.
Speaker 6: They're up to nine already.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, it's again good to get that first game, you know under our belt there. You know, certainly there's a lot of things we can improve in and you know, I thought there were some there were some positives in the game. We'll take a lot of the film here and take a little closer look at it. But you know, defensively played pretty competitively, and then offensively, you know, too many long yarded situations. Couldn't have on third down, you know, it didn't really didn't have a lot to show for our offensive efforts until you know, the last last drive of the game. So it's good to see those guys compete out there. But you know, just to step in the process here and you know, we'll get back to work here tomorrow and and keep grinding going forward.
Speaker 5: Hi, Bell, Can you just speak to what you saw from Malie Cunningham tonight?
Speaker 7: Yeah, did a nice job, show some poise out there and you know, some toughness moved the team. That's nice. Did a nice job.
Speaker 6: Bill.
Speaker 9: We didn't see a lot of Millie Cunningham at quarterback throughout the first couple of weeks of training camp until the last few days. Was that something that he showed in those few practices that made you want to give him a look at quarterback or was that the plan all along?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's been working on both spots all the way.
Speaker 25: Just wondering how difficult is it for a quarterback or excuse me, well, a player who's preparing at a different position to go in at quarterback and have to manage the playbook and the huddle without as much experience as with the other players on the roster.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know. That's his opportunity, and he's done a good job with it. He's embraced it. He's worked hard, he's improved a lot as a receiver and snaps. He's had a quarterback in practice and tonight you know it's done pretty Jouble.
Speaker 5: Your chrission Ben of Keyon White you know this summer and in tonat out here on his debut.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's getting better. You know, we'll have to look at the film on the game, but yeah, Keounts improved, Uh, you know all through the spring and in training camp here and you know Sale went tonight, but it seemed like it was all right.
Speaker 25: Uh high again.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 25: In terms of to Mario, we saw him, I think return a punt and get a few snaps on offense, but not a big workload for him. What goes into your decision and getting him suited up for just a few snaps or how do you decide how a rookie like that is going to kind of get in and out pretty quick?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, I've got the playtimes, you know, kind of based on how the practices have gone. So guys have gotten more work working practice, got a less time in the game, and guys have got less work in practice, got more time in the game, so we can evaluate everybody. How did you read Bailey's appys job today? Sorry, how would you read Bailey's appeys? Yeah, we'll take a look at it. Uh, you know, didn't turn the ball over. I thought he you know, had some good throws and there's some tough situations, some long yardage or some pressure. Take a look at it, Bill, Anthony Fokes I got to play tonight. Could you just talk a little bit what you saw from him. Yeah. I mean again, look, I can't sit here and I give you a rundown on every player. I me, there's a lot of plays going on out there. I can't. I can't do that. But you know, Ferks had a good, good spring with us, good camp with us. You know, he's shown up positively smart it catch the ball well, and that was good at him out there. Bill.
Speaker 20: He mentioned excuse me, you mentioned someone of the pressure that that Bailey dealt with. Is it difficult to evaluate his night tonight because of the situation with the pressures and having guys in his face.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I mean we were, you know, dealing with some injuries on the offensive line, but you know, the guys that were in there, I mean got some experience. But yeah, there wasn't just tough for the backs and stuff for the quarterbacks. So yeah, we didn't have a lot of a lot of space on the offense. You know, for the most part.
Speaker 9: Time, well over the last couple of seasons, we mostly saw Jalen Mills at cornerback. Just what have you seen fro him the summer at safety?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jalen's you know, experienced guys played safety and played all the positions really in the Secondaria's played the nickel, played at the corner, and played played safety at Philly here. He played safety here his first year for a better part of the I think all the spring and then you know a little bit in the little bit in training camp. So he's a smart, versatile Guy's played all his positions in the NFL. It gives us some good versatility and experience at different spots.
Speaker 25: I think we saw Marte hanging out with the Steve for a lot of the game. Did do you have a sense of like what they were working on or what Marte was doing? Was he like logging plays or and why is that valuable for him when he's not playing.
Speaker 7: You hear the call and follow the game. Somebody's got to do it, so let him do it. No, he said, somebody is gonna do it. So players not going to play in the game, that's you know what to keep them engaged in coming him.
Speaker 10: That's the new uh. Andrew Callahan of the back h Bill, looked like you guys win tempo offensively in that second series. Anything you or coach O'Brien were just trying to achieve or or see there on that drive.
Speaker 7: Yeah. No, I mean we've we've you know, excited from time to time all year or so. Yeah, it's not a big thing.
Speaker 10: You saw on that drive as you went tempo that you feel like you learned seeing that in game setting.
Speaker 7: H No, it's just more of the operation experience of the operation.
Speaker 6: Hey Bill, how did you think Bryce did with the pun and game he was he was in there for the first half.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Again, we'll take a look at it. Yeah, there's I mean, well we'll see, Hey.
Speaker 17: Bill, just wondering if is it more of a progression now or is it a big jump between this past week and next week when you go to Green Bay and the joints.
Speaker 7: Every day is an opportunity, so just try to make the most of every opportunity, whether it's practice here or practicing at Green Bay or Tennessee, or playing the games or whatever it is. So let's try to get the most out of it we can to help get our team ready, and let's take it as it comes. So I don't know how hard or easy it is, but whatever it is, just try to try to get the most out of it.
Speaker 25: On the turnover where Keon White was in the backfield, what did you see from.
Speaker 5: How he played that play where they maybe had a little fumbled exchange there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it looked like he was just unblocked off the edge, run him off the ball. Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what happened. Looks like he just came clean though. Great, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, So there's your head coach. Actually pretty pretty chatty, and I think gave an honest assessment of the game there. In his opening remarks, he said, look good to get something going offensively there. Toward the end, he said, but gives us something to work on. There were a couple of I thought, like, you know, code words that especially get used in the preseason during camp. You know, when he talks about you know, guys that got it good that they got a chance to compete, aka, hey, not really gonna make the team, but it's fun to get you know, to see them get out there and compete. You know, when he says that Malik did a nice job, you know, it's a nice job, like almost who knows what will happen here in the next couple of games. It's fine, but everybody just calmed down a little bit. Yeah, so there's a little bit of that on on both sides, you know, not just for the for the good plays, but for the bad plays too. Is good, Yeah he was. He was not trying to, you know, blow Sunshine up anyone's rear end with his opening remarks.
Speaker 3: No, I think he's okay to I mean, I thought, like the Cunningham comments, I thought he probably gave more than I was expected.
Speaker 6: It was almost like he's like, you know, I know they're going to ask me about cunning him, and they're gonna expect me to blow them off. So I'm not going to blow them off, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I thought goes into it.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, I mean, it's it's what you expect, and I think, you know, there's certainly I think we're all kind of balanced at the top of it's a preseason game and you don't want to get too worked up. But at the same time, you can't watch eleven practices over the last couple of weeks and see some issues and then see those issues continue to carry over here, especially when it's person twelve twelve tra especially when it carries over to you know, positions that we've been watching where you know it's it's personnel. You got guys injured on the offensive line, you don't have a lot of bodies at running back, and you know those things are are are real, and so I do think you need to highlight what these issues are going to be, like when we get to Green Baby Green Bay's defensive front against this offensive line, like, that's gonna be some interest in watching.
Speaker 2: Well, that was also something that maybe a little more big picture And I don't know if he was being you know, totally genuine in this reply, but when he talked about the guys who are playing tonight, and he's like, well, guys will get more time in practice. You know, they get the time in practice. This for guys who didn't get as much time in practice. So what are you saying that the preseason game? And again, this is kind of like a bigger picture a question for the entire NFL bill. Are you going, you know, under the belief that this is just a glorified practice because you are selling tickets for this and it is supposed to be a product.
Speaker 6: I know, kind it's almost like to me, he's preparing for the time with his own only two preseason games and there's eighteen regular season games, and joint practices really are taking the place of preseason games where you truly get to see your guys compete.
Speaker 3: Right, And it also can change, like the guys might get a little less time in practice, and you know, the starters quote unquote could play more in the game as you go forth, Like last year that Raiders game, Mac Jones stayed in that game the entire first half. I mean it was a good amount of the first part of that was because they didn't play well.
Speaker 5: And they had two weeks off. It's before the game too. Mean, that's another new consideration too with some of these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I do think it changes a little bit. But as it relates to to Mario Douglas, I do think that he's you know, Fred and I were talking about him as Bill was talking, and then all of a sudden, one of the next questions was about him, and you know, you didn't really get a chance to see him, like he caught a punt. I don't think he was targeted. I think he was in there for the first series or two offensively. I don't think he was targeted. Yeah, I don't think that's an accident. I think that they think they have something there, and I don't think they're necessarily interested in showing everybody what they have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, you know, let's go back to the phones here, eighty five to five, pats five hundred, we'll go to Bob in Canton. Hello, Bob, thanks for being on with us, Thanks for being from Canton. Yeah yeah, sorry about the team tonight, big.
Speaker 23: Guys, a great show. Thanks for taking my call. I have some questions about the old line, but it's not about the players. It's about position coach Adrian Clem because I don't hear much about anything from him. I think I saw him his image on the game broadcast once today. But anyways, questions are, what do you see him doing in practice?
Speaker 19: What is he what was what.
Speaker 23: Did you see him do tonight at tonight's game? Does he is he coaching these guys up? Is he talking to them? And and what's he saying publicly about what's going on with the offensive line. So I guess what I'm saying is does he deserve any blame for what we're saying is.
Speaker 2: There any accountability for Adrian Clem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, he didn't pick these players. But it's a good question in terms of like what does he do on the side.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, I don't know he does on the side.
Speaker 5: I wasn't really watching him tonight, but I mean, I just I mean, I have to compare it to what we saw last year, which was, you know, Matt Patricia kind of split in time between the offense and the offensive line. Like for me, it's just nice to see him now, you know, back to normal, Like you've got a guy down in the Yates of Hell, uh, you know, working with the offensive line throwing bags around. He's he's with them all the time, So you know, from that perspective, I I like it. I'd liked everything. He seems like a very serious guy. But I don't really have anybody obviously.
Speaker 3: He's talking to the players and coaching the players, Like what exactly you know, the schemes are. I'm not sure that we're qualified to answer that or what we're being at practice every day in terms of what he's teaching them now, we're not privy to what he's actually saying. But I agree with Mike, I think to have an actual offensive line coach, not that I didn't think Matt Patricia could be an offensive line coach. I just think it's too much to do the line in the offensive coordinated. That's asking too much. So I do think it's better. I do think it's a better situation. Well, he has coached some offensive line in the past, fairness, but a long time ago, A lot of time ago.
Speaker 2: I'll say that I didn't think he could coach the offensive line or run the offense. I think it's okay to say it.
Speaker 17: I was.
Speaker 2: I mean for Adrian Klem though. To answer Bob's question, I think if I were watching any of the coaching dynamics during training camp, I was more focused in on what Bill O'Brien was like and how he was running the offense, and how it seemed to be just a more efficient kind of a fluid operation. Obviously they've got some personnel things that they're working through, but in terms of the decisiveness and the I guess just the way practice ran it seemed to be a lot smoother, and I was more focused in on that. I don't know if you can divine anything from Adrian Clem's you know, demeanor, on the sideline or during training camp, but you know, totally forthcoming. I wasn't paying attention. It's not something that last year was the outlier.
Speaker 5: This coaching setup now just seems like what it's always usually been.
Speaker 6: But I think it's a fair question after last year to say, do we have good coaches? Is Adrian Klement good offensive line coach? Is Troy Brown? A good wide receivers coach? Is Ross Douglas, a good runnings You know, like these are young guys for the most part, Like are they good?
Speaker 5: We don't know, we don't know, But what positions are developing? You know, what positions are having players step up and play well, and what positions are kind of trying to still figure it out and kind of chasing their tail a little bit. You know, I think, I mean, I look to the defensive side of the ball. I think they've gotten good performances from those coaches. You know, there's been development at cornerback and you know, maybe not so much lately a defensive line. But they've got a group of guys that they like and they seem to be working with.
Speaker 2: So but you know, it's a good question.
Speaker 3: It's a chicken or the egg one now because I think the better players are on defense.
Speaker 6: But we've talked about it on the show, you know, like we can't underestimate what the brain drain has done to this team.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's a good point, and at some point the brain has to like re you know, get back and right.
Speaker 6: But we've always had this pipeline of people who have been in the system and they're ready to take that mantle, and now we've been forced to like bring people in who may or may not be ready. Who knows, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do we feel about the way the special teams are Oh sorry, how do we feel about the way the special teams are being coached? Joe Judge is in charge of a special teams.
Speaker 6: Now him, we see we we we have aldi. You know, we can hear what he's saying out there because he's so no I'm just saying, you know, we have empirical evidence with him out there because we can hear him. He's usually down on our end in practice, so he's close to us, and you know, to me, it's just a continuation of way he was when he was the coordinator before he left. I mean, you know, I feel Okay with that now. Obviously I had the big mishap today with Fog, but I feel that the special teams will be fine. You know, I'm not worried about it because I think he's a good special teams coach.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hope you're right.
Speaker 6: You know, at least you know, he's had experience doing it right.
Speaker 2: Sure, and but just you know, with a very small sample size of one preseason game, and one of the things I was, you know, on my wish list were no hiccups and special teams, we had a big hiccup time. Yeah. So yeah, I like the way you said that up too hardy, because you know, it's just I realized the play, but then I didn't really connect it to the whole like thing. And it's like, it's it's it's it's only one right now. I'm still the thing.
Speaker 6: It's the first thing I thought of. It's like, oh, here we go again.
Speaker 2: And I kind of like, and I don't want Red Sox error.
Speaker 5: I don't want to blow it up. But it's the same thing with Paul's pick three. You know, it's like, you gotta be kidding me. You get an interception on the first you know, possession and you.
Speaker 8: Go backwards, you go backwards.
Speaker 5: You know they got negative one yard on that on those three plays, Like you know that those things are frustrating. I think everybody's got a little PTSD from last season, and you know, when those details pop up again, it's especially in the first preseason game, it's a little bit disconcerting.
Speaker 2: I want to go back to the passing numbers once again, because I can't believe that.
Speaker 6: That that point should every time there's a you know, we won't have access to practice like you know anymore, but every time one of these writers give you these practice stats, that point should be made to them. Well, here what it means nothing.
Speaker 2: We just had a glorified practice. Just taking what Bill Belichick said. He told you it's like guys would get a chancead Well, these guys didn't get a chance to practice so much so they played tonight. It's the exact opposite of how it works in the regular scenes. I could tell you so.
Speaker 3: Twelve or fourteen right for seventy or for seventy nine yards right. I can tell you there were a lot of days that the quarterbacks had those kinds of numbers that would have translated to about that amount of yard.
Speaker 6: Right, because the guy runs by and you know, taps him on the butt. It looks like, oh, you know he just ran down the field.
Speaker 2: No, he got tackled the one.
Speaker 3: I the one. I really kind of chuckled to myself, which I was poor, soacle right, he kind of got high load right as he caught a pass to catch.
Speaker 2: In training camp.
Speaker 3: He catches that pass and he turns it up because every play they run it for another twenty yards after they catch it. It's like, oh, that was nice, little crosser. There no guys can tackle, you know, like when every play is reliant on breaking tackles, that's a hard way to live.
Speaker 5: I kind of felt that way about Thornton's second catch, like a four yard It's just like to me, I'm like that looked like it went for zero yards. Like I was looking at the thing like did that get any yards at all?
Speaker 19: Like?
Speaker 2: How do you complete a pass and get no yard? I mean it went for.
Speaker 3: Basically every other completion in this game went for for five yards or less.
Speaker 2: Yeah, screens and everything else was short. Uh did you see anything that made you have any thoughts about c J Stroud tonight? He looked overwhelmed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think it was fair for him either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I thought that he had opportunities on his pass places to get rid of the ball and didn't and then got himself in trouble, which is typical of a guy, you know, making his first thing. But you know, when you watch the game tonight, I don't think anybody would come away saying that Davis Mills is not at a far higher level right now than Stroud, But they might just look at it and say, new coach, new guy, We're.
Speaker 2: Going to go with him from day one.
Speaker 5: I think my biggest thing was just watching them throughing warm ups. I felt like he could he could spin it, you know. I just looked like the guys in the warm ups.
Speaker 2: Looks like the pick was horrific.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he that was just a bad play.
Speaker 2: Right to him through it, right to Mills. You know, it's funny having case keenum in at the end of the game. He always said, it's it's all almost it's not fair. It's not fair to have it. But it is a stark contrast between a guy who I got nothing to lose out here. But I've been out here before and I'm not going to be overwhelmed by screw these guys. I'm gonna throw all over these scrubs and playing against on Thursday and end. It's like we're talking about case Keenum and he still look like see what.
Speaker 3: He did to that four number seventeen he had the third It was like third and four down inside the ten. It was a quick little like he was in the slot, made a quick little jab step, turned out and the ball hit him right there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, knocked him over all. I know, Evan goes good ball. It was a perfect role, but it was bullets.
Speaker 3: And then they just ran the same play to the other side and the guy was wide open again. It was only fourteen that time for a touchdown on fourth down. But like that's like it's not going to look the same if it's if it's c J. Stroud, he's not ready to like make those anticipatory throwers in the red zone like that. With with the caveat being I just thought I throw Mike's throwing caveats around bringing.
Speaker 2: I said caveat. Everyone was blown. Get the dictionary out.
Speaker 6: Never heard the word caveat.
Speaker 2: Well, caveat because I'm marking I say caveat caveat hashtag caveat, but do so you're insisted on kavats medium rare.
Speaker 6: Well, every every once in a while he breaks up the Canadian accent, you know, being around.
Speaker 2: So I break out the boss accent. So one of Bill Belichick's concerns, or a concern that was maybe thrust upon him. I don't know if he actually said anything about it was about the enclosure in the north end zone and how that might affect the kicking game. Well, there was a missed extra point down there by Houston tonight, so maybe it won't affect things at all. Maybe sometimes guys just missed extra points. Whether or not there's a forty foot opening at the end of a stadium.
Speaker 5: Or not, I'd love to I mean, this is like something somebody always asked him. They've asked him a few times, like has it changed the wind dynamics? Like, I don't know, how can you tell? Like I guess you gotta really be a punting nerd and a kicking nerd to really sure.
Speaker 6: On some blustery days, it'll be kind of a weird stuff coming through that opening.
Speaker 5: Well, it is great for it because it's like an opening down below. Now, So it could be almost like a gust of specifically.
Speaker 6: I myself famously. You know, in the Giant Stadium, they had the garage doors. It was a closed stadium, but they had the garage doors that either ended. He would tell the guy to open it or close it, depending on what the situation was, because there was a draft that would come through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, every little bit and yeah, catching a chill, you know.
Speaker 6: So, I'm sure once they learn the patterns of the stadium, then.
Speaker 5: Be interesting if it becomes like something to avoid, like really you need to.
Speaker 6: On Hind the old Hind Stadium. They don't call it that anymore, but on the open side, it was just terror for kickers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that I mean in fairness to that kid. Tonight is not really a place kicker. He was a kickoff specialist in college and they let him do all the kicking.
Speaker 2: Tonight like Jake's Baits.
Speaker 5: Is that a real name, Jake's Base?
Speaker 2: Oh No, I don't think it's It's not. That's a typo. It's just Jake. Okay, It's like whose name Jake's like master Bait from the Toy from the Toy the movie. The Toy mentioned that Jake Jake Bates. I did see that on its Bates. Can I ask you a question, Fred, because you're the ultimate Patriots inside.
Speaker 6: I was fourteen.
Speaker 2: Uh, when the lighthouse is complete, will there be a light?
Speaker 6: Yes, well, there will be lights.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be don't get me, don't get him started.
Speaker 8: I want to know.
Speaker 2: I want to know about the lighthouse.
Speaker 6: When you think of a lighthouse, you think of like the big lamp that they have at these lighthouses, a huge lens, you know, with a light that you can see miles away.
Speaker 2: That's what Well, yeah, because that too. But it will light up, it will light up, will light up. Will it be taller than what it is now?
Speaker 6: No, but they haven't really finished the top with the glass and everything.
Speaker 2: When they say twenty two stories tall, as Sarge told us tonight, I believe over the PA he was mentioning the lighthouse at some point. Is is it a separate structure from the outside, because what I see of it, it looks like it's about I don't know, thirty or forty feet that rises above the rest.
Speaker 8: Of the car.
Speaker 2: Or you've got to measure it from the base. Okay, So yeah, is it a separate structure from the twenty two stories from the top of the stadium. What are we doing killing the last four minutes of the show. We're all done talking about this game. I've been killed a long time.
Speaker 6: If you run the base of the lighthouse, okay.
Speaker 2: So when you go outside to the north end of the end zone, can you enter the lighthouse down there?
Speaker 6: You'll be able to go to the top. There's going to be an observation deck.
Speaker 2: Okay. Can anybody go up there?
Speaker 3: A matter of downtown Foxborough heard as a matter of fact, and you like this hardy.
Speaker 6: The Patriots of the first NFL team to sponsor an LPGA player. Her name is Alexa Pano. She went right from high school and got her LPGA card. She's from Massachusettstots. Yeah, her father was a season ticket so we sponsored her. Yeah, we sponsor her. And one of the things I'm gonna do when the lighthouse is finished, I'm gonna do a TikTok. I'm gonna bring her up there, just goood with a nine iron or a wedge. We're gonna have her, you know, hit a nine iron to a target at the fifty yard lines. How close she can get TikTok. Fine, why did they do anything on TikTok? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Tell me about this social media influencers suite? Yeah, what about hot Where is it?
Speaker 6: It was up in the suites today balloons, but it's only red level blue. It was only for tonight. It's only PRECID. There's no open suites during the season.
Speaker 2: How would one get an invite into these?
Speaker 6: Become a social media influencer?
Speaker 2: Who decides who is an influence?
Speaker 3: That's the whole thing, nobody.
Speaker 6: It depends on how many people you have as followers and if.
Speaker 2: You're influential many and I am okay, where was my invite? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Thank you guys in the booth? Thanks, No, it's I think we all know who.
Speaker 6: It's just it's just preason because you know, but during the season there's no open suites. However, we will be inviting influencers to games to experience Patriots and hopefully become a Patriots.
Speaker 2: To experience Patriots, just experience it. Will you have will you have any say in the decision making processes to what?
Speaker 6: I have enoughhing to do with it? All I do is to prove the budget. Barking up the wrong tree I don't know any of these people.
Speaker 2: Are we getting the wrap sign mercifully?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 6: Did Matt Jones talk even though he didn't play?
Speaker 2: He did not know, That's why he talked on Monday.
Speaker 3: Was there a quarterback that zappy? Zappy talked? And I think Cunningham talk?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, well listen to those at your leisure, so we will be back. Feels like a week from tomorrow, Saturday, Saturday, such ada.
Speaker 6: Not a good day for preseason game.
Speaker 2: I agree, Freddy, have friend and Paul same page all night. I'm canny, so we'll talk to you then. Thanks to everybody involved tonight in the pre and the post. Your final score for the final time Patriots nine.
Speaker 6: And don't forget to listen to Harty's music show.
Speaker 2: Texans twenty, where sometimes we actually talk about the music. Thank you for listening and watching.
Speaker 8: Thank you for downloading this podcast.
Speaker 15: Subscribe on Apple, google Play, and everywhere else you listen like the show, Please rate and review us. Listener comments and ratings help keep us high in the podcast rankings so new listeners can find us. Be sure to check Patriots dot com for more news and more podcasts.