Speaker 1: Dude. I saw Paul Simon and Sabrina off rip and I was like, yo, let's what it bums. You know, like when you start catching like your older relatives start getting with you know what I mean. Paul Simon was like reaching out to Sabrina.
Speaker 2: I said, oh, oh his hands, his hands.
Speaker 1: I know, and I'm like, you know, it's like that's always like the Yeah, it was not great even, And I also saw I couldn't watch all of Paul McCartney either.
Speaker 3: Paul McCartney was so bad too, Like they all just sounded like they were singing at random, like just no sense, you know. It just sounded like somebody getting up there at karaoke when you're like, either this person's very nervous or they've never even tried to sing before.
Speaker 1: Oh, to me, it sounded like like a Dying Warriors last by before there.
Speaker 3: Stively, I agree, that's definitely what it was, But like what it sounded like just sounded like they weren't even I couldn't even tell what they were trying the next they were trying to hit.
Speaker 1: It feels like a character bit someone were doing that and not thing like an aging guy. Yeah, because you can hear that they're still in there. You're like, oh, there, I could hear Paul Simon in there. I hear them in there. But it's so everything around it is like so it's like it's lost its vibrancy and vitality in this way that I don't know. And apparently I saw that, like all these people went to go see Paul McCartney like then he had like a like a surprise show, and like all these people went and I'm like, oh, like, whatever, that's your ship.
Speaker 3: I mean the music around it, like I liked the selection the people. Everybody else playing was good, but yeah, Jesus Christ, it's just the voice in particular was Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of.
Speaker 1: It's a Productive iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys were taking the America and yeah, this is the one where we shake off the cobwebs from the long weekend honoring our presidents.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, just you know, get into it.
Speaker 3: We're recording this first thing Tuesday, February eighteenth, nine am. Perfect time to be fun and funny. Oh yeah, morning, back to work after a long weekend.
Speaker 1: After a long weekend of just total chaos in the total and even in the All Star Game, you know what, I know they tried. They disqualified Wemby and Chris Paul for hacking the fucking matrix.
Speaker 3: I didn't follow that, but was the was the deal that they were like, you don't have it doesn't matter like a made shot is the same as a misshot or like the penalty a penalty for a mishot must just like be not nearly.
Speaker 1: Having a fast time negates not making a single shot, and.
Speaker 2: I like having a fast time. I've always said that I'm.
Speaker 1: Here for a fast time.
Speaker 3: I went to Ridgemont High. But uh cool reference dead Yeah for anybody who didn't see it, the most exciting. Yeah, So for anyone who didn't see it. John penned Judge reinold jacks off, jacks.
Speaker 1: Off through a window to a young Phoebe.
Speaker 2: K pirate costume.
Speaker 3: No for for the NBA All Star Week and there was a skills challenge with Chris Paul and Victor Weimbingyama seven foot.
Speaker 2: Four, hyper skilled, very exciting player for the Spurs.
Speaker 3: And they just like they did this thing where like they snailed all the passes, like you have to pass the ball through a tire. They did like the dribbling, and then when it came down to shoot the shots, they just like kind of just blindly tossed them in the direction of the hoop, like as quickly as possible and then just like moved on to the next part.
Speaker 2: And so they got disqualified.
Speaker 3: But I gotta say, if they were about to win based on that strategy, like you just gotta let them win, Like do you can guess?
Speaker 1: It's also like, hey, don't make everyone look like an asshole. Yeah yeah, right, Like yeah, fuck you, bro, watch me just chest I'm supposed to shoot these threes. I'm a chess. Pass it to the ball boy.
Speaker 2: Our whole thing felt brought to you by State Farm and brought to you by.
Speaker 3: Everything just felt like a piece of sponsored content and including that, like I just feel like, you know you uh, they're they're like, you're making a mockery of our presenting sponsor, State Farm.
Speaker 2: But anyways, this is part of being an NBA fan is to complain about the All Star weekend.
Speaker 1: But we know you're not NBA fans, all of you, So we'll get to the government.
Speaker 3: We'll get you got We know you guys are fans of Doge, so we'll get to that stuff, but first this is the episode where we uh like to get to know each other a little bit better by telling you stuff we think is underrated, stuff we think is overrated.
Speaker 2: Miles with something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Uh, something I think is underrated? Wait? Where did I say?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why was I? I like, why am I even looking this up? I was just talking about unintentionally bad music. Okay, I love music, and I don't know if you guys know this. I like music. Okay, I'm kind of going out on a limitar to say that out loud on a podcast.
Speaker 2: But this guy likes music.
Speaker 1: This guy's got one thumb and loves music. And one of the algorithms served me a track thumb.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Why am I own thumb? Trial? Who cares? But one of the algorithms served me like this track that I just cannot get out of my head. And a lot of people are watching, like it's it's like blowing up on social media, But people I think are making fun of the songs. I on the other hand, I'm like, these are so sincere and literal that I fucking love it. Just allow me to play just an excerpt of one of these tracks, just because I want I just want to familiarize the audience with this one.
Speaker 2: Now my heart and alternative.
Speaker 1: I'm still not over it, that's not anyway.
Speaker 2: So so this is just like random people in the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: They're singing. They're singing like that actual song. That's the band Oh po Mal Paul O'Malley people, everybody got a short. Yeah, that's Po Mal or p mal or some shit. His name's like Peter O'Malley or so he's like he does like Broadway type singing, but he's kind of doing like R and B with this other guy who's like a producer. These again, a lot of people watch you, like with a sense of irony, and I am so captivated because I think I referenced a tweet on Blue Sky that was about like how the world would be better if people just made whatever the fuck they wanted to art wise, and we just don't stop giving a fuck about bad art or whatever. Yeah, this is so I don't know why, but it was so life affirming. See, like, people enjoy themselves by expressing themselves to whatever medium pleases them and despite it maybe not being quote good or whatever, like the sincerity cuts through in a way that I was like, this is just this is something I don't know. I just like really enjoy it. There's another song about the lyrics, are you think I'm the one? Like We're on the run, And I'm like, what does that even mean?
Speaker 2: Like we're on the run, Like we're on the run.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, whatever, dude, I love these sixth grade lyrics. I fuck with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that is like music is partially about just tapping into that, like just feeling of being in middle school and having a crush and being like so dumb.
Speaker 1: That's why these dudes who are like in their late twenties I think are just killing it. Was like, like you're saying this sounds like a note I would write when I got broken up within fifth grade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I'm just not over it, yah, fucking cutting through.
Speaker 1: My Uh.
Speaker 3: One time, my sister's friend got broken up with in a note and the guy signed off by going, things change, people change, and nothing ever stays the same. And the degree to whitch like just speaking to exactly what we're talking about, Like that was such a bar that like she told me about it and I've never forgotten it.
Speaker 1: I'm like my older sisters, Yeah, my older how many years older at this point, Like what's the age difference? So she's coming two years every funny you're like six and she's twelve. Like hey, hey, hey, I got to tell you about this really quick.
Speaker 2: Huh No.
Speaker 3: It was like her friends were like cool, interesting like people. So I was just invested, and yeah, they broke up.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: People change change, people change.
Speaker 2: Nothing never stays the same. That is a bar from from like a song like that that should be a.
Speaker 3: Lyric in a song that goes fucking platinum, but it's dumb as hell as dumb as hell all right.
Speaker 2: Uh underrated.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was just talking to people over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Who you know, fellow dads, and about like kids move, like all the kids have the same kind of general genre of movies that they like want like become obsessed with, and it's just like you know, you watch it one hundred times like that's normal, like Star Wars. And then like just talking about the fact that mine was Jaws, which is solicited an alcoholic sheriff whose death drive sends him into the heart of the ocean with like a man who's cucking him and like, wait, what Cooper in the book is having an affair with his wife and like there's some tension in the movie, okay, and then Quinn is like the human death Drive personified. A child that was like just a couple of years older than me gets like burst like a blood grape and like all the kids today have like finding Nemo and cars and cars too, and like, I guess I'm just at that point where like my kids are now at ages that I can remember and being like that's so wild that at that age my thing, like my kids things are legos and and you know, Chess and Star Wars, and you know, my oldest is like into via Star Wars. He's like gotten real into like military history, which is a little more. But I was like deep when at the age of my six year old, I was like deep into this movie that was had so many like adult you know how like that they rate movies on is like adult themes.
Speaker 2: There's just so many adult themes. Like there's a line where he's like you want to get drunk and mess around with his wife.
Speaker 1: And you're just like like, yeah, this is what happens when like child development wasn't really like a thing for. There was the philosophy there.
Speaker 2: He was like old Disney movies, I think, so, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, which is wild to me though too, because I my dad would show me a ton of weird art house films like I remember watching like eraser Head or like Naked Lunch and Ship when.
Speaker 2: You watch, Yeah, I could barely handle that as a forty.
Speaker 1: Year I just I remember being bored. I was like, this shit isn't black and white. This ship is dumb. I just and then but obviously I'm like, this is some really intense visual shit going on in it. Like I won't shake, like the dancing chicken thing from it. I can't for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: That really bothered Yeah, but like little sperm baby, yeah, always flying around.
Speaker 1: Then the other thing was like but then I would watch Bamby and then like the mom gets killed, and I'm like, yeah, so I think my parents are like, well, at least their racerhead to have like some like you know, Mattress Side kind of shit happening. In the beginning. I don't know. It was just very uh, I don't know, I think. And then maybe my parents use that to be like well he cried watching Bamby. But these experimental art house films and early Tarantino works are fine.
Speaker 2: Watched early Tarantino, Like I.
Speaker 1: Watched every Tarantino movie like within a year of it coming out. Yeah, Like, so I saw a Reservoir Dogs when it hit tape. I saw Pulp Fiction when it hit tape, So that would have been like you were eight, Yeah, well Pulp Fiction was a ninety four Yeah, yeah, I was like ten eleven. Yeah, I mean just be like watching the gimp scene and I'm like, I don't know what's going on. Like I remember just fully watching that. I'm like, what the fuck are they doing? Like just like not for completely all of like how graphic it was was completely lost on me until obviously I got older. I was like, jo, that guy sill, look at the guy in the mask. Oh dude, the gimps coming out.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: What a goof?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess Diehard was my favorite movie when I was in third grade.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was right there with you. We're all fucked up.
Speaker 2: It's all fucked up now. Yeah, a lot of jokes about him at that tent L fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is something else?
Speaker 2: Do you think it gets?
Speaker 1: The thing in the SNL fifty. They said, oh, all, we've had like eight hundred and ninety five hosts and only two of them are murderers. And then Alec Baldwin showed up a little bit late.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, sure, I look at her mad.
Speaker 3: I'm like, were they low key referencing Alec? But I later so I'm assuming he hosted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess he must have like in the day. But then I was like, is that a clearly they wouldn't be like yeah, and Alec Baldwin anyway, ladies and gentlemen, Alec Baldwin the murderer or manslaughter or whatever you want to call it, negligent homicider. But anyway, what are we doing overrated? We're doing overrated miles with over over clothing that is new but already distressed. This is an old head take. But as I look to get clothes again that I can wear, like what happened? Yeah, I don't know. I lost a bunch of stuff. I don't where it went. Still like just a little fun more Drubb refresh, dude, someone swapped my house out with an ashen lot. I don't know where they put my house. But the guys getting old. It's getting old, show me where this stuff is. I'd really like to get some of my clothing back, but like I went to the mall to get some shit, and like, I'm a, you realize how old you are because you're like none of this ship is directed towards you as a consumer. I'm like, bro, I do not need a seven x tall tea with the Tupac all eyes on the album cover on it looking like he's acid washed. Actually you kind of do need that. But yeah, yeah, I bought one, you know. But then I saw like other ship that, Like, you know, I get that the distress trend has been happening for a while and like a lot of high fashion brands like like to just put stuff out there already looking busted as ship, But I like cannot believe what people are paying for for shit that looks fucked up like Golden Goose sneakers. No, these ships, yeah, they look like fucked up like Stan Smith's basically with their like proprietary logo on it all scuff didn't ship on the toe like shits that are I'm like, this sain't fucking no, they're.
Speaker 2: Ragged behind a car on the fucking four oh five.
Speaker 1: Exactly, like just like as if you was tied by a car, like just married, but I'm dragging sneakers behind it, not cans or whatever, and it's just like I'm like phyllis. I'm like also trying to understand what the appeal is Like, are people just trying to speed run actually living a life and just go straight for the clothing that makes it look like that?
Speaker 3: Or is it like I don't go anywhere, I just sit at a desk and answer emails. So this is the type of person who spends let me see, five hundred and sixty five dollars on a pair of sneakers on a pair of shoes. Bro, that's not that's not like that these are sold out and so you're having to go street value that that is?
Speaker 1: That's what that's m Yeah, okay doors suggested retail price. So I see that, and I'm like, okay, bro, I already have shoes that look like I got drunk and like stumble through a gravel parking lot for fifteen years straight because I have those.
Speaker 2: You did eighteen years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't need to buy them looking like that. So anyway that I just found myself getting like really becoming very like aging rapidly at the mall, trying to find some shit I could wear, and I'm just like, why does everything looked fucked up already? And it's more expensive and I'm forty anyway, that's my time shoes.
Speaker 2: I like, you have a drinking problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my nurse has come in with my my medicine. Hold on one moment yep, no, uh see, yeah I swallowed it. Okay, you didn't really swallow it, right, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I like to.
Speaker 1: I like to bank them and do like four of them in your cheek, four of them at once at night. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been noticing these for like, uh, they were real big with moms on the West side of LA back when I lived on the West side of LA.
Speaker 2: And since then I've become big with big dude. Try not to judge.
Speaker 1: I trying to judge. And I like kids of family member that we visited, like do you use the coolest shoot? That's when I first got put onto and I was like, are y'all for real?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: By Like where rock the vintage shit? Rock the stuff you buy?
Speaker 2: Yous?
Speaker 1: Like, I get that's you're being thrifty. That shit like has been lived in but don't jump to fucking six hundred dollars for busted shits. Don't do that. Don't do That's just my tip. This is not financial advice. All right.
Speaker 2: So I watched that CENTL fifty had a blast.
Speaker 3: I just my overrated while you're watching it, I had a Baja blast or two.
Speaker 1: More fold or fifty, but in honor.
Speaker 3: Of the show, I had fifty Baja's blast. I will just say just one note is if you are a professional singer over a certain age named Paul, I feel like we gotta take a step back, like do do the rehearse and be like, yo, this is this is not happening for you. We'll have We'll have one of the Jonas brothers come out and cover your part, you know, Like I don't know, Like it was just and I guess I've known this for a while, like as a Bob Dylan fan, like he his voice went to shit at a certain point, like in his sixties, and he just kept working and like kind of steered into it and like his thing.
Speaker 1: Was like nah, I sing like this, Like I don't really sing.
Speaker 2: I just kind of cracked it out, becoming like a fucking fucking swamp. Creature.
Speaker 3: But I assumed that was something specific to him because I kept hearing that, like, you know, the top performing, the top touring acts, or like rolling stones and you know all these older people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I have the money to pay to keep seeing those people.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just that's right, that's exactly right. They have hoarded all the wealth, they own, all the houses, the older generation, and they just they're keeping these careers alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The SNL opened with Paul Simon uh singing next to Sabrina Carpenter and uh, it was just.
Speaker 2: Just rough man. He like couldn't really find the find the notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm I get it. You're an artist that's you only know one thing probably yea performing and stuff like that. But what Paul Simon is eighty three McCartney's eighty two. They weren't sounding great, and I don't like whatever. I think part of it is us like dealing with our own mortality observing these things totally. But the other part is too, I don't know, Like in a way, I'm like, I don't know, maybe it's more just to like just to honor them at that point, to be like, hey, get up there one more time, up there, yeah, and then we'll pair you with some slightly more spry and it'll all be fine.
Speaker 3: But could they sing your parts too, and you just kind of play the guitar. I mean it makes sense as somebody who as I age, I spend more and more of my day sounding like I just woke up, like if I haven't had a nice throat clear in thirty minutes and I'm about to attempt to speak, Oh, I should just like go to the bathroom and gargle for like an embarrassingly long period of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you start sounding like Boss Nass from episode one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I guess it's just Yeah, it's surprising to me that like this is so uniformly a problem among people over a certain age named Paul, because they're still selling out and like having these massive appearances on important, you know, TV broadcasts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean I don't know, like I get being a fan and you're like, dude, of course I'm going to see them perform every fucking time I have the opportunity to opportunity to because their music is so meaningful. But I guess there's something for me, like when I like when I've gone to see artists and their live performance is just such a departure from what the album is. I'm not always like fully on board and I don't care like I'm not saying like you can do that, but just sometimes I just enjoy it. I don't enjoy it as much. It's not that you have to sound exactly like the record, but I know, I wonder what that experience is like for someone when you're so used to hearing a song a certain way and then the current version is a bit a bit different.
Speaker 3: To put it deeply, I'll just yeah, I'll say I'll say it's actually an under it My underrated is what age does to a voice.
Speaker 2: Because I'm not trying to there. There definitely seem to be in a lot of people who are like I still loved it, like I loved I love seeing them up there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I get it because from that perspective, you're seeing an artist you love continue to do the thing they do. I'm not I'm not the biggest Paul Simon's or McCartney's fans. Paul's McCartney's not Pamons. Yeah, Paul Simon's and Paul McCartney's. You know, I absolutely acknowledge what they've done in music, but they're not they're not for me, So I think my threshold, Like I'd probably watch like an old performance from Cisco doing the Thong song at seventies for some reason, I'd be like, yeah, Cisco still got it.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not burning his pipes out because he's not singing that. He's not anymore, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 3: We're checking out some more pel now over the break, dude killing it like it seems like a bit.
Speaker 2: Right or you don't think it's a bit.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What's going on. I don't even care because if they I've seen the website of the main dude, and it's it looks like a pretty sincere website.
Speaker 2: Pol you've seen no jno JN.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Filipino dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they're dressed like they're going to prom in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: I know. But there's this thing, like if you've I see it a lot in La there's like there's like the music industry that we all know, huh, and then a few layers underneath that is like a parallel music industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are people black verse, right, dude.
Speaker 1: Even it's like even more bizarro, Like there are people I follow on Instagram purely for a peek into this, like like they do events that have step in repeats, but they're with brands you've never heard of. It's like usually like eccentric, wealthy people who were just creating a parallel reality to like pump their own shit up in right, And so I feel like it's somewhere in that area, like it's sincere. It's not like we're making fun of anyone, like this is this is what they do, and again I fuck with it.
Speaker 3: I've known a lot of people who like just have that dream, you know, whether be singing acted like you know, they're just like oh yeah, in their fifties, they're like, yeah, I'm actually like kind of a singer and.
Speaker 1: You get that twelve string out let me hear.
Speaker 2: So yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But there's that happens in la that that's really pronounced with the like film industry, because there are so many weird wealthy people who are just brute forcing things and making like weird movies that no one sees because they just want to be able to be like I'm a producer, What if I start in the movie. I don't know what about that? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: So here's my note as a producer. What if I'm the star and I am the star now by the way, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I get to kiss the lead actress? Oh no, we've already shot two thirds of the film. All right.
Speaker 3: Well, you said it was problematic if I wasn't the star, So now you know. These are our options people, This is what we're worried for, our options.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: The news, the news, Ah, the news.
Speaker 3: Yes, a refreshing, bracing dive into the cold world of what the fuck is happening right now?
Speaker 2: We have more plane crashes.
Speaker 1: It's been four plane crashes in three weeks, and Donald Trump is firing FAA staff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna do the rest of the episode like that.
Speaker 1: It's been Uh, you caught you probably caught the video of that Delta plane crash. That that crash landed at Toronto's Toronto's YYZ Airport, Great Rush Song and flipped over during the ordeal. Thank fuck, no one was killed. There were some injuries, but no one lost their lives. It's still not clear what even happened, at least from the time I've been reading reports around it, but the video is not comforting given the numerous aviation oopsies that have been happening around the country. So again, the fourth major aviation accident in North America in the past three weeks. Commercial jetliner and Army Army helicopter collided at Reagan we remember that. Then a medical transport plane crashed in Philly on January thirty first, killing the six people on the four yes or yeah. Two days later, and then in Alaska on February sixth, ten people were killed in a plane crash in Alaska. Just not a great just not a great theme happening. Not to say that they're all interconnected, but just again, maybe this is something we should keep our eye on. So, of course Trump went ahead and fired a bunch of people that were working at the fucking Federal Aviation Administration, almost about four hundred people. But don't worry, as Transportation and Secretary Sean Duffy says, they were all probationary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they were all probationary. Harry, have you killed anyone? Yeah, but they were all bad. They were all probationary. They were not even there for one year, So don't worry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they weren't even there long enough to prevent a plane crash, so their feel their presence won't be missed, I guess. And he said they reiterated no air traffic controllers were fired and no critical safety staff. But again, the FAA has been saying they are understaffed. Yes, I don't know if that that well.
Speaker 3: Either way, this industry is vastly understaffed, and the thing they seem to keep doing is firing everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's part. I mean, it's clearly part the malicious intent because they want everything to be as unstable as possible. But then there's also the stupidity is also very much there, because like on top of that, Elon is like, don't worry, I'm sending the folks from SpaceX over to the FAA to like have a gander and give some suggestions on safety. And I'm like, oh, yeah, yeah, because SpaceX right, right, yeah, because they're the leaders in worker injuries and crashes.
Speaker 3: Right because you just like push way too hard and have a pathological disregard for human life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, easy, when those rock it's our unmanned to have him go boom. But when you have people's lives on the line. It's a little bit different. So yeah, because then that sort of goes along with this other story that happened at the end of last week. So the doge fucks, they fucked up majorly and fiers.
Speaker 2: Who are like the most powerful people in the country right now, Yes.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, but hey, you know, or we don't even know who's in charge because most recently, like the administration is now even denying that Elon Musk is the head of it because of all the legal issues that's causing. He's like, actually, do Elon Musk isn't even like the doesn't even run doze.
Speaker 2: We actually don't know him. He just like kind of pops in with his kid every once in a while for like a cute little hang.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love his son, meat Shield. He's so cool.
Speaker 2: But the way he holds the kid is so weird.
Speaker 3: It like really is not helping with the Like all of a sudden he started holding the kid like in a weird way in front of his torso.
Speaker 2: At all times like those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like how I like him close to my heart in that I like him in between me and an assailant and my heart.
Speaker 3: That's what's going on, so it can be extra weird where when he starts like wearing his second kid on his back so that they're like a sandwich board.
Speaker 2: Just running back.
Speaker 1: What it's just, I'm a busy dad. We don't have money for you. Guys were making fun of Pharrell when he wore this big hat. So what, it's a toddler. Just relaxed, folks. It's three toddlers wrapped around my skull with duct tape. But so again, the cost cutting a doge. They fired up to three hundred and fifty employees at the National Nuclear Security Administration. These are the people who fucking work on nuclear weapons, okay, and are tasked with all that kind of safety. So once that happened, they were like, oh shit, maybe we should have just blindly been cutting this group, because they very quickly tried to reverse the termination. This from the BBC quote The trumpet Trump administration has since tried to reverse their terminations, according to media outlets, but has reportedly struggled to reach the people that were fired after they were locked out of their federal email accounts. A memo sent to employees Friday said that quote the termination letters for some NNSA probationary employees are being rescinded, but we do not have a good way to get in touch with those personnel. Please work with your supervisors to send this information once you get it to people's personal contact emails. Wow.
Speaker 3: Sorry, on a level of fucking up at the largest, most high stakes level that you possibly could exactly.
Speaker 1: Do you actually know them? Do you know anybody who got fired? Would you reach out to them for me? Like one of the people, like one of the places that got hit with cuts was this plant near like Amarillo, Texas. The people there they work on reassembling war nuclear warheads. Wow, which is one of the apparently most sensitive jobs you can have in this like industry or whatever in this in this department, and you need the highest level of clearance.
Speaker 2: And it's like, yeah, fucking fine Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Yeah anyway, So, I mean, so we talked last week about the theory that they are, you know, fucking things up on purpose. Like we talked about how they, uh like have taken the most important high level intelligence threat assessors out of like the president's daily like threat everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the theory being that they don't.
Speaker 3: Give a fuck if there's a massive terrror attack because they will be able to use that the way that Putin used his own bombings of multiple apartment complexes in Moscow as a way to consolidate power. I know, I know, this sounds like a conspiracy theory. It is, like, go look it up in any reputable news source. It's documented Putin bombed a bunch of apartment buildings himself and then blamed it on I think che himself. I mean, he didn't set the bomb and light light along cues and then put his fingers in his ear. But uh so, like the theory being that, like they seem to be making a lot of decisions that are endangering the lives of people.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: On the one hand, it's just like it's the sort of incompetence we saw like the first administration. You know, during the election, we were talking about how the really scary thing is that during the first administration there were a bunch of people who were just their job was to ignore the crazy shit that Donald Trump told them to do, and like that's what they saw their position as they were Republicans, but they were you know, career officers or you know, just had done that. Yeah, bureau and so now those people aren't there, so it could just be sheer incompetence. But on the other hand, like I don't know, the more volatile and chaotic things get, the more he seems to thrive. Donald Trump as a like as a political environment, as a political operator. So I don't I don't know if it's one or the other, but it does seem like he doesn't give a fun Like every time there's a plane crash, he gets to come out and just give a press conference where he blames it on DEI or something, you know, So like why that's not difficult for him. That's just another opportunity for him to get a bunch of cameras on him, play important president who's like calming the nation, and also like get his wild ass racist takes out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's basically throwing our bodies into the machinery to stop the machine. To be like I don't know, man, a couple of many of you people out there in the United States may have to lose your life until I can fully shut this thing down or create a level of chaos that allows me to ascend to the levels that I feel I need to. And I mean like, you know, you see all the court cases that aren't going his way, and how that's like just making him angrier and angrier. Yeah, it's clear that that the there we don't benefit from ignoring the fact that this is intentional, you know. And I think because that, I think there is a level where it's like it's easier to be like, wow, this, this guy who's so out of his depth is screwing everything up, and maybe accepting the fact that like someone who is very dangerous is now again sitting at all these levers and deciding to just do whatever the fuck he wants in order to at what he wants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the let's take a quick break, we'll come back, we'll talk briefly about the the putin of it all. We'll be right back, and we're back. And I mean, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention the Elon Dick rumors.
Speaker 6: Right, like, huh, they're growing, there's a growing course are growings are growing unlike Elon Musk's dick.
Speaker 1: So what huh?
Speaker 3: So a lot of people are pointing out, but there's another woman who claims that she's like a MAGA influencer. There was a lot of people pointing out over the weekend that while it seems like he's just famous person who keeps having sex and you know, impregnating people, like a.
Speaker 2: Lot of these are happening.
Speaker 3: Via IVF, I wrote, yeah, uh, and there and then like a lot of the kids are male, like not all of them, but many of the kids are male that he's doing. And so this is like given rise to, you know, some rumors that there's something going on with that, that he has like a weird dick basically, which is something that we've we've heard about plenty of uh, you know, monsters on a historic scale that like they're motivated by some something weird going on downstairs.
Speaker 2: So it's there, it's out there on the internet.
Speaker 3: We we haven't done our due diligence to figure out all all the details, but you know, we'd be remiss if we didn't just at least say people are saying and we we don't know, and we don't know it's true or not that he had a botched implant procedure that gave him a weird robodic that doesn't really work.
Speaker 1: So anyways, good luck with that.
Speaker 3: We're so far down the road with the Trump administration that it's even like hard to remember that from the start, we found it weird that his priorities are so deeply and clearly and openly aligned with Vladimir Putins. Yeah, but we got a nice reminder over the weekend where they like they just basically went to Europe and fully aligned with Putin's positions on Ukraine and like also told Western Europe that they should be scared of the real danger, which is not Russia. It's you the European government's being too mean to your right wing, not the aligned parties.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like the like he almost touches on something real too, like because this is true of so many governments. It's like it's it's not the free speech part, it's the thing, the inequality part, right, that's what's causing any deterioration we're seeing right now. But I like that they got to do the thing, do the misdirection to avoid talking about the real part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but it is, you know, I don't know, it's like so far down the road, it's hard to remember that. We just kind of got over the fact that he mysteriously is like willing to bend over backwards to do Putin's bidding.
Speaker 2: And you know, the liberal media was.
Speaker 3: Spent so much time looking for a smoking gun where like Putin had some sort of tangible leverage over Trump that we just now people are like, oh, Russia Gate, Okay, but it's just could be that Putin is continuing to manipulate him. Uh, because he is the most easily manipulatable person who has ever wielded power, is my theory of the case. Like, you don't need a pee tape, you just need somebody who's willing to compliment him and.
Speaker 1: A bit of debt, a little bit of debt, you know, who.
Speaker 3: Has a shitload of money. Yeah, which is again the only thing that trumpets.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, they're they're like, the US is like negotiating with Russia without Zelensky at the table now, and Zelensky is like, Nona, I will not accept anything that comes out of a negotiation where we're not present, Like what the fuck are you guys talking about? And I mean, yeah, this is a profound kind of shift, it seems like because now now the Europeans are realizing, they're like, I think America has compromised. Yikes, that's fucking scary. And part of me is like, please beat our ass Europe. We need a wake up call. I don't know what's gonna happen, but somebody yell at us please. Yeah, it's it is. I mean, all those leaders came away, they had have like an emergency meeting with just like okay, all Europeans only get it here now, Like what the fuck is going on with them? What are we gonna do?
Speaker 3: What the European Avengers unite and please come together in a just the rooms so dense with cigarette smoked that you can't see three feet in front of you.
Speaker 1: They were surprisingly none of them were smoking. They're all doing zen oh.
Speaker 2: In honor of uh yeah, trying to get in the head space.
Speaker 1: Of d exactly exactly, all right.
Speaker 2: Should we check in with Luigi man Gioni.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he uh.
Speaker 3: He released a statement thanking his supporters, and he did it on the most boring looking website of all time. It's it looks like a word doc yeah, with some tabs at the top. I mean he hate square space, Luigi square space.
Speaker 1: They can they can give you something real slick, man, something real slick. If you want it anyway, shut it and you just use offer code TDZ manz your first month there.
Speaker 2: They haven't advertised on our site for years.
Speaker 1: On our I always use a guy.
Speaker 2: I just I like to say throwback man. These guys are loyal. But yeah.
Speaker 3: He released a statement thanking his supporters, and the website also contains an FAQ section which reveals that people can donate to his give Send Go campaign. Uh, and they politely ask that people stop sending him books and also he needs to uh he is able to receive photos.
Speaker 1: Oh great, well then let me just take my shirt off.
Speaker 3: But due to the volume of photos, people need to limit themselves to just five photos at a time.
Speaker 2: So essentially I'm gonna have to insist that you send no more books and only five more nudes per person max five and given time at a time.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So wow, I like it is very like without saying it, saying something like just to keep in mind that you know, the people at the you know, facility do look at everything that is saying so creeping might be looking at your nudes. Also, just so you know, or you're very normal photos that you want to send Luigi Mangioni of you and a Golden Retriever. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Not my.
Speaker 2: Room to judge here, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah not at all, not at all.
Speaker 2: I was gonna put a question mark after like the are they sending him nudes?
Speaker 1: But like what else?
Speaker 2: What other pictures are people sending him?
Speaker 4: Mmmm?
Speaker 2: Health care?
Speaker 3: I mean I only sent nudes, trying, like I'm trying to think of just like using my imagination for what I want to send Luigi Mangoni because it's not like it's.
Speaker 1: Like a preschool or like, oh, send pictures of fire trucks. You know, he loves looking at fire trucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please, not even every photo that is received is screened and reviewed by law enforcements.
Speaker 1: Reviewed and jacked off to group of like armed people who are like, we're gonna bust you out, Luigi. They're like, guys, that's you're making it hot for yourself by sending stuff like that, even though obviously you're joking. But hey, but I kind of do like that. The it's better that the site is so normal looking, like so standard, that.
Speaker 3: It's not like dracklash animation with like his head like from profile like turning around, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, joan man kind of in bad taste?
Speaker 1: Is that actually angus playing on there okay.
Speaker 3: Shit, yeah, all right. Those are some of the things that happened over the weekend. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself. Get your vaccines while you still can. Get your flu shots.
Speaker 2: The worst particular, the worst.
Speaker 1: One in fifteen years, they said this flu season, So go go get them.
Speaker 2: Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.