Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, Start Up, Brooklyn Boy by start Up, Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 2: Start Up Up.
Speaker 1: They making Noise Up start Up.
Speaker 3: Dot Up, Episode three eighteen. It's the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. I think I was talking during the song. Did you have my mic turned off?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Your micro was off. I shut you off with oh, good, good, good good. Your habit of diarrhea of the mouth. Oh that's not nice. That's not nice at all.
Speaker 3: David Brody, David Brody, Oh my god, I'm speaking a diarrhea.
Speaker 2: How is your Thanksgiving? What the hell is that supposed to be?
Speaker 3: Because I wanted to I wanted to say I had a diarrhea for Thanksgiving Giving.
Speaker 4: But I went to wah wah at some point during the week of Thanksgiving Monday or Tuesday maybe, and had the wah wah Thanksgiving bowl.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a wah wah wah wah.
Speaker 2: No, is that actually very good? Really? Yeah? Okay? What is? It? Was turk. It was all the things I like, turkey, stuffing, cranberries.
Speaker 4: Stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, potatoes, nothing green.
Speaker 2: It's perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I love that. They a lot of a lot of restaurants or you know, delis. They do the Thanksgiving on a roll where they just they'll do the the gobbler. The gobbler, right. Busted Market used to do a mean one. I'm really good.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. I know. I mentioned them a lot.
Speaker 4: Tommy's Tavern and Tap has a seasonal menu. Yeah, they do a Thanksgiving a gobbler type thing where it's turkey and stuffing, sweet potato fries. Oh yeah, marshmallow dipping sauce for the fries.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, talk to me.
Speaker 4: Delicious gravy so good, right, so good, and like on like a crusty bread like so it's open faced with like a mountain of.
Speaker 3: Stuff on top of it. Crusty bread, crusty bread. Crusty bread. Used to do afternoon this krusty bread with your drive home today, krusty bread all your headsphere, commute, crusty bread.
Speaker 2: It's krusty bread in the after all. The truckers called him CB on the radio, TV Radio, Cebe Radio, Cebe radioo Io.
Speaker 3: Crusty bread, krusty. I'd like to request a song by Queen you got it.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, Here's bread on CBE radio.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. David Soul from Yeah Starskin Hutch. Wasn't that I have one of the singers I'd like to make it with you. I'd like it right, Yep, that Bread seventies. I know nothing about the seventies. Uh you know, I notice from my my rapped on my uh my that I do. I use a lot of E d M.
Speaker 3: I listened to a lot of d M when we said when we say wrapped, we're talking about the year in review. Oh, the Spotify Spotify wrapped. Yeah, and iHeart Radio just launched one a lot of our listeners on iHeart Radio. So I just got the email today that it should be going out. So it's called the iHeart Rewind twenty twenty four. So what a great idea said ten years later. So you'll be looking look for that everybody. And you're if you're an iHeartRadio listener, if you're a Spotify listener, you've been doing this for a minute. But I noticed that my top artists are always going to be ed M, John Summit and Cascade and Joel Corey and Tiesto. These are this is what I use Spotify most for. And then Drake and Bad.
Speaker 2: Bunny are in there, so oh, very nice. What about you? All classic rock. No, it's not all classic rock. It's a lot of alt rock and hard rock.
Speaker 4: You know what my my Spotify list is is odd because it says who my top artists are, but it's based on like the if I listened to one song a thousand times, they call that my top artist. But I may have listened to like forty songs by an artist, and no I'm top list. You know what I'm saying, most played, but they should have done like most songs played by an artist would be your top artist. So the fact that I like, I woke up to Van Halen a lot this year. I set my alarm to Van Halen, but it's the same van Halen song is the first song on my playlist, so that says it's my number one song, but it's not really because I just woke up and said, turn me alarm off.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, but van Halen came up.
Speaker 4: As my top artist, which is one of my top artists I think for the year. But you know, so I'm gonna go down my list, which is very different than yours. But again it's based on songs I listened to a lot. So my number two artists is ghost. Why I like Ghost not one of my top artists. But I listened to Call Me Little Sunshine a lot this year, and I took my daughter to see them in concert, so I played a lot leading up to the concert.
Speaker 2: Falling in Reverse was my third top artist.
Speaker 3: I listened to one song by them a lot, The Drug in Me.
Speaker 4: Is You, but I didn't listen to a lot of songs by them, so it's weird. Day Seeker was number four. I listened to Without Me a lot, but not a lot of other songs by them, and then Amaranth.
Speaker 2: But you're speaking a different language to me, It's crazy.
Speaker 4: These are rock bands. Amaranth is a Nordic metal Oh wow, wow it's it's basically like high orchestration, heavy metal, hard rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 4: Not for me, it's yeah anyway, So it's not really my favorite artist. So the artist I played the most, it's the songs I played the most by those artists.
Speaker 2: Technically, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And then one day it said I listened to the Spotify for like four hours straight.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't remember doing that, but I do have some stats for our listeners. On the Brooklyn Boys podcast, Wrapped oh, what do you got? Well, our streams on Spotify are up twenty eight percent, so thank you slices. We appreciate that we gained fifteen percent new followers on Spotify, which which may mean you guys switched to Spotify and we don't have new listeners. But if we do walk, I'm aboard number Episode two eighty eight, Two Girls one Schmuck was our most popular episode of the year.
Speaker 2: Two Girls won.
Speaker 3: This is with Spotify listeners though, ye Spotify, not Apple or iHeart.
Speaker 2: That's what only means, you know, not only fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know we were streamed in thirty two countries, America being the number one country, right, the number one podcast if you listen to our podcast, Your favorite podcast other than ours has got to be the Elvis Duran in the Morning show on demand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course it has to be. No, all right, Well, what's number two?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: The Joe Rogan Experience. Uh huh.
Speaker 3: We share a lot of listeners with them. This is with Joe Rogan. Now, if we could share little of his money, that'd be great. I'll tell you what. He shared a few of his mushrooms with me. Is a story coming up a little later. Can't wait to hear that. I can't wait to hear that.
Speaker 4: Another thing where we will disagree the number three podcasts, No surprise.
Speaker 3: The fifteen minute morning Show, Yeah, which is getting a facelift. It's going to be changed after the new year. We're fifteen minutes and extra minute. No, we're renaming it. It's gonna be called uh Elvis durand show after party, like after an after party. It's like after the morning show is over. So we're gonna change it's it's the word, the fifteen minute morning.
Speaker 4: Sultan got paid a lot of money to come up with that idea.
Speaker 2: Andrew came up with it from our big show. And I'll like you, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying I like the rebranding, wasn't it It wasn't not actually a stern thing. I actually like it. The after show, you after party, the after party.
Speaker 2: It's a good name.
Speaker 3: I think that was a great name for seven years ago. No morning branding, No fifteen minute. No, the fifteen minute morning show was good seven years ago when we used to deliver fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Now do not do fifteen minutes all over the road. We don't. It's a great name.
Speaker 4: Then, change the name, and then absolutely I like the name Andrew. I just didn't you if you're consistently fifteen minutes that it tells people you're not everything, but consistent. Oh, then definitely changed. I could call and then number four Armchair Expert with Dak Shepard. Now I'm not telling you this, you could go switch over to Dak Shepherd. I'm just saying that, obviously some of our listeners like him, and I happen to like him and his wife very much.
Speaker 2: And then talented. What other stats do I have? Scary? What is the favorite music of our audience on Spotify? It's got to be pop music?
Speaker 3: YEP, pop music, R and B, second, country, third, Yeah, where's Nordic rock? Nordic Rock's number one? With one of the co hosts, where's e DM dumbass? None of it nowhere? No, That's what I'm saying. Ah yeah, Oh no, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Saying, like, you know whatever. Yeah, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Saying and oh uh, it's crazy because with my Heart Radio app, the email I got was you must be a big jazz fan and I'm like.
Speaker 2: What what? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because on every Sunday morning, it's a ritual. You don't notice about me. The slices don't notice about me. When Bob and sleeps over. Every Sunday morning, we wake up, we make some coffee, and we listened to smooth jazz on iHeart Radio, the Smooth Jazz channel, and no, yes, you can go back to bed. No, it's blasting through my house. I tell uh, you know my smart speaker, or to play the smooth jazz station on iHeart Radio. And iHeart Radio has a great Sunday morning jazz channel. It's just a thing that we do. Are you sure you're not listening to the jizz channel? You are disgusting, You're foul. David Brody, you are what?
Speaker 2: What what? What? What? What? What? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What? What? What? All right?
Speaker 3: We got a lot of stuff to cover. We're just getting underway, so are we?
Speaker 2: We are all right? Okay, any more stats before we go to No more stats.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say that, h when we come back after the break, before we go to the second break, I want to talk about what I'm thankful for, since this is what we do this time of year.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right here we are.
Speaker 3: All right, So for the Thanksgiving brick, let's talk about it. We've been I mean, we did our Slice time, which was great, Thank you for your contributions.
Speaker 2: One of our best Slice times and longest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and oh I I scolded. I scolded, uh slick Vinnie, slick Vinnie from sales.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, from slipping in his sponsor. Yeah, he started laughing his ass off.
Speaker 3: He thought it was hysterical that, you know, when that year he basically, you know, just dropped he just name dropped his uh his client. So yeah, So so on Slice time. So yeah, so he goes, all right, he goes, I won't do it again, you know what, you know what that means He's gonna be Yeah, he's gonna do it again. So so yeah, so we really didn't get to talk about Thanksgiving or our break or anything.
Speaker 2: So a lot of transpired. I mean I went to Costa Rica and I gotta say, Brody, I'm not big on drugs. Yeah. I've been there a few times, been different places in Costa Rica. This is a.
Speaker 3: Different another different area that I've never been. We rented a house in the mountains. And for those of the you who don't realize it, Costa Rica extremely underrated. It's up and then by the way, Costa Rica tourism, not a sponsor. We'd like to have no, Yeah, for just under five hours and a direct flight, you can go to Costa Rica and you can, and the flights are really cheap.
Speaker 2: A lot of times of the year you can get a great deal.
Speaker 3: And then once you get there, everyone speaks English, everyone's friendly, there's you know not they have a very relatively low threat of of you know of of of a risk of it's not it's low crime rate, right, and like.
Speaker 2: They're shooting people on the street.
Speaker 3: In the middle of Manhattan, and you're you're paying like a fraction of the price for like lodging and like food and stuff like that. So we rented these badass, two badass mansions attached to each.
Speaker 2: Other with pools and hot tubs and barbecues with a chef, and we got it.
Speaker 3: We got it for like a fracture of the price that you would get that same type of treatment.
Speaker 2: With a chef, because god forbid you cook your own food. Okay, we don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because when you when you got ten guys, you want to go all out. Let let a chef take care of it for like you kick in x amount per guy. Yeah, they do the shopping, they do the cooking, They know the local people, they know the purveyors of the meat and the fish.
Speaker 2: So no one is surprised by this going well, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, But I'm saying, I'm trying to give people new ideas because you could probably if you're gonna do a fan if you're gonna do a family vacation and you want to bring people away.
Speaker 2: Listen, I love Disney just as much as the next person.
Speaker 3: You don't, No, I'm okay, but yeah, but I'm I'm on board with the idea of it.
Speaker 2: You're on board with the ide have other people going there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is it will cost you five times as much money and and you're getting this beautiful that's just climate with colorful birds. We saw two cans, We saw sloths, We saw Brodie, We saw monkeys again. I went so we went to on a monkey tour. It was it was in the man.
Speaker 2: We went to a mangrove. A what the mangrove? Mangrove? You went to the mangrove.
Speaker 3: Mangrove? Yeah, is that code for sleeping with one of your friends? No, bro heading down to the mangrove, you go to the mangrove. Did you have you've gone to your own manico.
Speaker 2: It's a swampy area that they that swampy area. And then the driver of the boat hands you a banana. I was just gonna ask you.
Speaker 3: You how a big banana and the mangrove bet you you stick your hand out, he hand you banana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can rub it up and down. Yeah, it's a mushie banana. And then at first it is and then it hardens up, and then.
Speaker 3: They and then they call the they make these crazy calls. I've done this before.
Speaker 2: I did this. I think, oh god, oh dear god.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but this went viral on Instagram. I did this for the Morning show. They're like, what does it sound like?
Speaker 2: It goes.
Speaker 3: Like someone said they made a one hour loop. Someone made a one hour loop of me doing that. So if you're making that sound while you're in the mangrove, you're not using enough lube.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen to me. Listen.
Speaker 3: That calls all the monkeys. So the monkeys wake up from wherever they are and they come running to the boats.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just what you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And basically they eat out of the palm of your hand and they jump on your head and then they'll just that could rip your face off. These Yeah, but these are friendly monkeys. Remember that they have shirts that say Hi, I'm a friendly monkey. The monkeys are the mangroves of the man grove monkeys. They are three families one of them. One family is not frofia like the mafia.
Speaker 2: Is three families.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a rubout. There was a rubout in the mangrove. One family and another family monkey company was killed. Another two monkey fit too soon. Two monkey families got into it unrelated and they killed the brother and the families were crazy. It was a terf war right there in the mangroves. This happens in real life. So the tribes stay away from each other. So the third tribe, I think it's the again I said this one, the Kanan tribe. That one of them was Kang.
Speaker 2: The name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Kangs are very friendly and they play with the people in the boats and they love their bananas.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so we were very interactive. They're not going to rip your face off. They love your bananas, and they come down and they jump onto the boat. It's a wonderful experience. Listen, would any of the monkeys trying to ask their on bananas? You are so funny, brody, you are, I'm just asking. You're in a mangrove. I was in a mangrove. So why did they call it a monkey grove?
Speaker 3: Because that's what they're called. Anyone in South Florida you know what a mangrove is. It's usually a calm, calm, swampy area that you could you bring your speedboat through it. But around you on both sides of the banks are you know, lush greenery or trees and whatever the case. Anyway, so we drove through the mangroves. We called the monkeys over. This footage done now, I saw no footage my friends, my friends all got their video with it. You took no monkey videos. I used videos. No, no, because I got to go. Last time we did this. This is the second time I'm doing this. The first time was back in January. I posted all those videos. You saw it. You saw this, so I reposted it. Anyway, my friends got to go anyway, like Falco and Sex on the way, Dave and Jetski, Brian.
Speaker 2: They were all took turns.
Speaker 3: You know with the monkeys all right, anyway, they they had their bananas. I know it sounds weird because especially just going on in the mangrove. But anyway, just know that the that these monkeys have real character, they have charisma.
Speaker 2: But I always, I will tell you, it seems almost like planned, almost like it seems like the monkeys just are working for the mangroves. And every time these boats pull up, it's like, uh, you gotta do the dog and Pony show.
Speaker 3: Hold on here, I come jumping up and down it They do the same thing, the same bit. There's people with there's hundreds of people with videos and it's the same bit. So I'm wondering if they're just trained to do that or if they're like, you know, they're kind of actors in the show, almost like a you know, like a Disney thing.
Speaker 2: The clowns. They amuse you, they amuse me, you know, the clown How are they funny? You laugh? But it's almost like you good monkeys.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously they're there for the food, obviously that's what you know. They're not, but it's just wild that it's just like clockwork that they you know, So I highly recommend people doing doing this. You know that we have the rainforests over there. Anyway, so much stuff. But I had one afternoon where it was the point of return.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't. You know, I don't take drugs. I don't know that. Not a drug guy, I don't. I'm not a drug guy. I'm not. I don't like a drug. I don't smoke. I don't smoke cigarettes. I don't smoke. I don't smoke pot, cigarettes, cigarette, they're addictive. But anyway, but I might. I'll take a drag here and there. I'll do a gummy here and there, but I'm not gonna make a drag of what. You don't take a drag of cigarettes, A smoke, a no of marijuana. If someone rolls a joint, okay, you know, all right, great, okay, great, thanks, But I doesn't. I'm not. It doesn't do anything for me. Are you coughing or calling the monkeys? So someone brought speaking of Joe Rogan? Why are you whispering?
Speaker 3: They brought the we're doing a pot. Joe Rogan has a line, not a sponsor. He's a line of mushrooms in the form of gummies. So they're not THC pop gummies. These are mushroom gummies. So the back of the package from one says take one to four for micro does take five to eight, five to eight for like tripping, and nine to fourteen tripping balls, it says on the back of the package.
Speaker 2: So well, Mike, and this is from doctor Joe Rogan.
Speaker 3: This is what is This is a line of Google it Joe Rogan's mushroom gummies.
Speaker 2: There. You can buy them online.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they exist. I'm saying they're not. Like, he didn't come up with the recipe.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, he put his name on them. Okay, so you die, you can sue him. I guess no, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, I had the best time with them, Me and my friends. We all broke them out one commercial.
Speaker 2: For no it's not.
Speaker 3: We were just ten guys sitting on a table enjoying nature and our backyard next to the.
Speaker 2: Pool and has done with the monkeys, and we got into this laughing fit, like and given the monkeys the gummies. Everything was funny. Oh, everything was funny. Like I'd just be looking at.
Speaker 3: Falco and he'd be looking at me, and I'd be like, you're wearing a red shirt and then my laugh would cause someone else to laugh and like what are we talking about? And it just when you're all doing this together, having this experience, it's just it's something else. Yeah, we definitely took We were up at the tripping balls in that ballpark.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it was. It was a crazy experience.
Speaker 4: Well, if it makes you find everything funny. And again I'm not promoting drugs, but maybe you should take one before you sign onto the podcast.
Speaker 3: Well no, maybe, no, No, What were you're saying is the slices should take them before this we.
Speaker 4: Find the podcast funny. I'm saying, might make you, you know, more upbeaten fun. But you didn't apreciate that.
Speaker 2: I'm the king of upbeating fun. You kidding me? So it was, it was, it was definitely. Ah, it was a fun time, weird fun, right. And what you what you bring back for Robin?
Speaker 3: You know we've gone over this in the past. Robin does not expect souvenirs to expect because you have a track record, I'm not bringing or anything. You couldn't bring it back a monkey or something. What what am I supposed to bring back?
Speaker 2: A shot glass?
Speaker 4: I don't know, something from the rainforest that makes it makes you know, you think of hard you saw a flower?
Speaker 3: Anything that I could go right now online and buy anything and any access and prod the same.
Speaker 2: So a shirt to bringer a gummy at least you know everyone do we do? Do you guys?
Speaker 3: Do that?
Speaker 2: Do people the slices do that?
Speaker 3: Every time you go away, there's a list of people you buy for and you come back with a mug or a keychain or.
Speaker 4: A magnet you buy I'm saying you buy her some piece of jewelry that's local to the area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't really go into town and visit like stores and like jewelry store. I don't know why would you? Is that something that you do? Is that? Is that wrong? I just I'm just busting you chops. No, if it depends where I went.
Speaker 4: If I went to some place that was you know, if I went to Hawaii, I'd bring something Hawaiian back.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Costa Ric brings something Coasta Rica. What I care about is like the room in my suitcase and then I have none.
Speaker 2: Of it, so I can't carry extra ship. Is that why you were in Costa Rica?
Speaker 4: I was eating the gobbler bowl at the.
Speaker 2: Gobbler I love it. But let me tell you this again. The chefs at wah Wah prepared my gobbler.
Speaker 4: I gave them a piece of paper when I when it was time for me to pick up my order, they gave it to me. I found a quality listen. I'm gonna whisper this now. I found a quality parking spot in the parking lot at wah Wah.
Speaker 2: Where is this? And I ate the gobbler in my car.
Speaker 4: Where I was listening to Van Halen and Falling in Reverse and Ghost and day Seeker on my Spotify playlists.
Speaker 3: David my cough, David Brody is living on That food was prepared for me by a wah Wah chef.
Speaker 2: You are living on the edge, that's right.
Speaker 4: I almost bought actual gummy bears the candy ones from the store, but I didn't. I didn't want that sugar rush, but you wanted to.
Speaker 2: I listen to Rush all the time.
Speaker 4: At one point I mixed the cranberry sauce in with the stuffing and together, Oh my god, you rebel. And I was laughing at people walking by everything. They everybody walked by laughed at them because I was like, I got my gobbler bowl and you don't. So, guys, instead of going to Disney World, where you're gonna spend a lot of money, go to wah Wah available in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: I don't know where else.
Speaker 3: Not a sponsor, another sponsors, and you can't get the gobbler bowl.
Speaker 2: I went in for the gobbler bowl yesterday. That the gobbler. You know, you're actually inspiring me to go get a gobbler right now, because I get it. I'm hungry. Why they can't.
Speaker 4: I spoke to the hairnet guy with the hairnet on his beard yesterday at wah Wah, and I said, hey, I don't see it on the digital menu.
Speaker 2: You still make it?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, if it's not in the computer, we don't make it. I said, have you made any today? Did anyone tell you like we no longer have the gobbler?
Speaker 2: Like? Did a manager tell you? In case anyone asks? No? All right, So.
Speaker 4: Chef wah Wah didn't know whether or not. I said, well, do you have the ingredients? Do you have turkey and cranberight? No, I guess you're not making it? Yeah, I guess not. Thank you, chef, thank you, chef, all the information. Yeah, very well trained.
Speaker 2: Wow. So no more gobblers at the wah wah.
Speaker 3: Okay, so nobody it to Tommy's tits and tubas, top is and tops and tavern tavern taps, tarantula's. Yeah, all right, So thankful? What are you thankful for?
Speaker 2: What am I thankful for? I don't know. I'll tell you right after this the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. We will be right back. What am I thankful for? Yeah, besides your trip and your vibe.
Speaker 3: But before we get into that, Butler, we got to talk about Winno. We gotta mention this is very important because big time, yeah, tag time this.
Speaker 2: We've got a big sales site. Let's go.
Speaker 3: We've got a big sale going on promotion from the Brooklyn Boys merch site. From merch Matt Matt Murchers.
Speaker 2: Where can I ye know? And what's the what's the promotion?
Speaker 3: The promotion is for every item you buy from the Brooklyn Boys Merch store, you will receive a free ornament, a free holiday ornament which is made of some fine metal, let me tell you. And then you did a great job on those ornaments. Now you're gonna ask, oh, I don't want to wait a month. You won't because this merch is gonna go as soon as you order it.
Speaker 2: Boomp. It's gonna be packed and ship. You'll probably have it in a couple of days, so.
Speaker 3: Just in time for you to put on your tree or wherever you if you don't celebrate Christmas. You can hang it on your minorra canara. Yeah, or you could yeah. Or you can hang it on your uh well you put on their conditioning knob in your car, hanging from your rear view.
Speaker 2: Marric, you can hang it on.
Speaker 4: You want to say, hang it on your deck, hanging on your own nob, I don't know that's what he wants to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you have a pierce nipples, you could probably run it through the piercing.
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go. They could dangle from there.
Speaker 3: It's a little gingerbread man, a snowman earrings necklace out of them. Yes, beautiful, beautiful, finely crafted metal A free a free ornament of your choice. You get to pick the one you want with every purchase of anything.
Speaker 2: Else in the store. And fun on our website. Yeah, then, and the website and that is limited time only, and what's the website?
Speaker 3: Scary Brooklyn boys dot Big Cartel dot com.
Speaker 4: That's Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot com.
Speaker 2: There you go, all right, so please, I'm very excited about support it. Support it while supplies last, and hurry, Harry, Harry, you know what I should have put on there would be great.
Speaker 3: I was something I brought for Oh. I don't buy Robins souvenirs, but I do think of her randomly. I was at I was at a crazy Christmas sweater site and I bought her a one Get this pajamas. It's a one piece, it's a zip up.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: It's a mea meowi cat, Miss Meowi cat, miss jumpsuit like pajamas. They're all kittens from head to toe with Santa hats on.
Speaker 2: Kittens with Santa hats.
Speaker 3: Just a collage, like a mosaic of kittens all.
Speaker 2: Up and down. The thing in the back in the front does a cat. She loves cats, So I'm like, you know one cat she used to They passed two of them. She had jingles and another one anyway, So yeah, so I think of my girlfriend at other times.
Speaker 3: So just because I don't think of her in Costa Rica doesn't mean that I don't think of her because when I was buying my my fun Christmas sweater, I'm like, oh, Robin would love this. So I bought her the Meowi Cat Miss. Why don't we sell that at the Brooklyn Boys March store. We need the Meowi Cat Miss jumpsuit. Wow, that is quite romantic of you. She thought it was the sweetest thing ever. Mm hmm how many times she wears it? Except I might have gotten her a large instead of a.
Speaker 2: Mediums that don't do? You never go up aside?
Speaker 3: I know, I know, no, no, you always go small and go oh, I always think of you as a smaller medium.
Speaker 2: Well, it gets here today, so I'm kind of I don't know. We'll see. You have to yell that they sent the wrong size. Yeah, I can do that. I like that.
Speaker 3: And then she and then she has to go it's fine, No, it'll be fine with room It'll be a little roomy.
Speaker 2: You better say that. I know you like it extra roomy. What do you What do you thankful for, David Brody?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, other than the obvious, I just want to I'm thankful Brooklyn Boys related. Oh and you know we had a week off the holidays coming and I started to think about when I first left the morning show.
Speaker 2: You and I talked about this. We lost some listeners. We did a.
Speaker 4: Small percentage, but we could see that when we took off a few weeks around that time, and then we came back.
Speaker 2: We were off for five or six weeks.
Speaker 3: We were off for a little while, but we were not by the way, not by our choice. It was a lot of paperwork and contracts, and I mean it was listen, listen, it's business contracts and things. Business things had it fall into place. We weren't allowed to do a podcast if we can be so transparent. We couldn't do what we wanted badly to be back on the air or to never leave the air. But but because the situation, things had contract things had to get ironed out.
Speaker 2: And then we came back.
Speaker 3: But but when we did it was again we got a very nice three year deal, so it was all worth it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but it's it's it's you're right.
Speaker 3: It's sad because some people use that as the tipping point for MAP I'm done or map out of sight that of mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they got in the notifications. I don't understand why they're not prescient playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah maybe anyway, Thankfully we have enough slices to keep us going for a while. We're doing okay, but there was a small percentage we could see and we're like, oh, that's.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately we dip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I wanted to say that when times get tough in life, especially you know, I'm not working a full time job, you know, so I'm home all day and I have the dogs and you know, so, uh, you know, other than my family, it's nice world craps on you happened on me a lot here yep, or something bad happens to me at a restaurant where somebody's annoying and pickleball. It's nice to just think to myself podcast, right, It's nice to look at life, no matter what it throws at you and say to yourself podcast meaning I'm going to turn that into audio. Goldfully, I have an outlet for for whatever's going on in my life, and I like to think I'm making people laugh and entertaining them. So in this season of giving thanks, I wanted to take a minute and say thank you Slices for sticking with us, letting us entertain you and uh and speaking for me, giving me another purpose in my daily experiences that I can look to and go, I.
Speaker 2: Got the podcast coming up. So it is it is an outlet, it is a way, and it's it's also yeah, I'm I'm with you too. I on that. That's Brooklyn Boys, not Big Cartail dot com. A little reach around there. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 3: I mean, we we're very fortunate we have this platform. Some you know, a lot of people they you know, they try podcasts, They get through a couple of episodes and they don't get more than a handful of listeners.
Speaker 2: We were very, very fortunate. So I will give I love to say that.
Speaker 3: I am very I don't take it lightly to this day, even though we've been you know, we've been doing this for a few years.
Speaker 2: Now, quite a few years, a few yeah, seven and a halfe So, but thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm actually just gonna leave it right there because you said it better than I could have. I mean, you had a kid when we when we started this podcast, if you had a baby that week, your kids in like second or third grade. Yeah, I'm also thankful for you know, my family and uh, you know the Yeah, it's all the usual stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might not touch on the usual stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, that's nice saying outside of that.
Speaker 4: You guys know, I'm we all love what we have, but this podcast is important and I don't want I want to make sure the slices even.
Speaker 2: You know, we're seeing the soft Rock and Steve that were.
Speaker 4: Appreciative for all of you, and especially those who leave talkbacks for us during slice time.
Speaker 3: We've seen the softer side, especially me, I appreci SOFTI is that what this is?
Speaker 2: Aw? Yeah, that's I'm sitting on this off de side of David Brody right now.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Thanksgiving, yep, a friend of mine posted on Facebook that they were going to be away from their family out of town on business. They were looking for suggestions for how to spend Thanksgiving alone because they were away and they didn't have any business associates to have with. So I said, you know what, I'll just do a Google and see if I company recommendations.
Speaker 2: So now, when you Google, AI gives you an answer.
Speaker 4: But the response I got was not a very good response, which shows you AI is not quite there yet. I wrote what are the best ways to celebrate Thanksgiving alone? And the number one answer was host a gathering invite friends over for pot luck or other meals. Look, that's not alone.
Speaker 3: Says there are many ways to celebrate Thanksgiving alone, including hosting a gathering.
Speaker 2: Why were you googling this? I just set up the whole story were you're not listening?
Speaker 3: Okay, but like it makes it sound like you had ulterior motives. My friend asked, Hey, I'm going to be alone for Thanksgivings. Like his friends were like.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's say, why is he you did? Does he not know how to use a computer? Dude?
Speaker 4: He was hoping for people to give ideas, like firsthand experience this one time I was listening to you, I just I didn't okay, So I was curious, having never spent Thanksgiving alone, I was like, you know what, I have no idea what you would do? So I figured I google it if I had an interest, and then I was like, I have a good.
Speaker 2: Answer, I'll give it to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I was curious, scary if so I said to you, how would you spend Thanksgiving alone? You wouldn't know how to spend like a proper way to spend Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Alone or a good idea? Googled it.
Speaker 3: My point is everything requires another person to be there. A good way to spend Thanksgiving alone is the host of gathering.
Speaker 2: Invite friends over. Imagine you're depressed and you're like, I want some good ideas. Oh my friends, that's my fucking idea. Why did I think of that?
Speaker 3: Have them bring food over? Yeah, I had a great way to spend it alone. Not spend it alone. We'll tell your friend, you ai, We'll tell your friend that he's uh that maybe you know he should just do when he what does he normally do when he's alone?
Speaker 2: Just do that?
Speaker 4: Well, jerking off on Thanksgiving is not really what I think he's gonna That's not the answer he was looking for.
Speaker 3: What about going to a restaurant and sitting at a sitting at a loan to get a table on Thanksgiving the last minute?
Speaker 2: Everyone at the bar.
Speaker 3: Okay, look, luckily you're not friends with him, because you would not have been helpful.
Speaker 2: Well is the guy that starts with the letter J. No, he was with his family. Okay, someone you don't know I went to high school.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, you've seen them on my Facebook page. But I guess you didn't see the post anyway, I didn't. I thought that was a way of proving that AI is not quite there yet. My answer was go to wah wah and get yourself a gobbler and sit in the car.
Speaker 2: I didn't do that on Thanksgiving. I did that I on the Monday before Thanksgiving. Sit in the car by yourself and give yourself a gobbler.
Speaker 3: Come right to your hotel room, give yourself a gobbler. Maybe a gobbler in the mangrove. What else do you have something? I have a list of ship. But I had a lot of ship. Okay, I got a lot of shit. Another fight with TikTok oh boy. I had a fight with my bank. Okay, I'll do the one you want to do, I'll do. I'll do the bank one. Say what happened with the bank?
Speaker 2: What happened to the bank? Brody?
Speaker 4: So I have a business account for my comedy writing business, an LLC as it were. Yeah, I went to the bank. Yeah, I went to the bank. They said, you know, you should open up a business account. There's a lot of advantages to the business account. And I guess they gave me the advantages.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I opened up the account like five years ago something like that. Yeah, anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh uh.
Speaker 4: I don't keep a lot of money in the account because I don't like I don't like take credit cards, and nobody pays me through credit cards. If I do freelance comedy writing, the usually send me a check whatever.
Speaker 2: But I put money.
Speaker 4: If I make some money in freelance comedy writing, I throw it in that account for tax purposes. Okay, yeah, so am I? I don't check it that often. So I go and look at my bank account and it says the last two transactions were fifteen dollars fee for account maintenance, so it's thirty bucks. I'm like, the fuck is that? So I called the bank and I said, I said, you got to help me here. Why am I getting charged maintenance fees?
Speaker 2: Oh? That's for maintenance of the account, I said, maintenance the account. It's digital. Nobody's like dusting it off. What are you talking about? Maintenance?
Speaker 4: It's digital, doesn't cost you anything. You have my money, Well, sir, there's a two thousand dollars minimum in that account, and you drop below. So I have an auto pay set up for like ten dollars for something out of that account to business expense. So I dropped below ten dollars ten dollars below the two thousand threshold. So they charged me fifteen dollars for dropping ten and then when I didn't notice it they drop, they charged me another fifteen. So now I'm forty dollars below. So I said, I said, you know that that's a very high fee. Fifteen dollars. That's kind of a bullshit fee, I said, And it's a high minimum. Why do I have such a high minimum. You know, most checking accounts you have to keep like one hundred dollars in your account.
Speaker 2: They don't charge you as well. That's because you have a business account.
Speaker 4: I said, okay, well, what are the advantages of a business account that I want to have a two thousand dollar minium? What am I getting out of this? Well, you can take credit card payments. I don't take credit card payments. I'm not that kind of business. What are what else do I get?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You get lots of exclusive benefits.
Speaker 4: Okay, like what, Well, you get free ATM transactions and you get electronic deposits.
Speaker 2: So I said, don't you get that with a person? I get that with my records. Aunt, what is the what is the difference with my business account? What am I getting with my business?
Speaker 4: She says, oh, you get exclusive benefits like free ATM transactions and free electronic deposits. I said, I get that, but I get that with my checking account.
Speaker 2: Why am I?
Speaker 3: Why do I want this account if I don't use a credit card and it's a two thousand dollars minimum? Why don't understand? What's exclusive?
Speaker 2: She said, you get exclusive benefits? I said, you couldn't.
Speaker 4: You couldn't name without without telling me that I get ATM transactions and electronic What do I get right?
Speaker 2: What's exclusive? Nothing? I said?
Speaker 4: Do I have to speak more slowly? I don't understand. She says, yeah, sir, I hear a pause. She says, I don't own a business, so I wouldn't know. I said what she said, I don't own a business, so I don't have a business account. That's why I don't know what the benefits are. But when she works at the bank, I said, what department do you work in? She says, I'm an account a specialist. I said, is a business account not an account? She says yes. I said, well then you should know. You'sure a specialist. I said, if I want to sell a car, do I need to own a car to know about a car. If I work in retail, can I sell a dress?
Speaker 2: If I don't own a dress? You don't know what a business.
Speaker 3: Account benefit is and you work at the bank in account specialty because you actually just said to me, well, you don't own a business, so you can't tell me what's special about the account. Sir, would you like to speak to a supervisor? I said? Do I have to speak to a supervisor that owns their own bank? I'm owned business?
Speaker 2: Well, can I speak to any supervisor?
Speaker 4: Just don't get smart with me, sir, I said, someone on the call needs to be whole.
Speaker 2: Burn She transferred or hung up on you? Which one? She transcered me?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Brodie, you know you've here's a roote awakening to you and everyone listening. A bank is a fucking business. They were, They're a business like everyone else should.
Speaker 2: Don't you know what you're selling? No?
Speaker 3: The point is though you caught them, you caught them pretty much trying to make money off your bones just because you're a business. Then they don't have an answer because there is no answer, and they're gonna charge you no, because your next thing is gonna be on a business account.
Speaker 2: But you you're David.
Speaker 3: But David Brody's gonna be like, well, I shouldn't have to pay or keep a minimum.
Speaker 2: Uh fuck you.
Speaker 3: Then I don't know what I didn't. I didn't say she'd have to keep a minimum.
Speaker 2: That's the rule. I get it.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I didn't remember the two thousand dollars threshold.
Speaker 2: That's my fault. I get it.
Speaker 4: But I was just wanting to know now that I don't remember why I took the banks account, right, Okay, well just remind me, all right. But banks, but banks, and at the end of the day, banks are selling you products every day and they're making money off of those products, off of you and your bones.
Speaker 2: If you if you don't, if you want to.
Speaker 3: Store your money and have it be wholesome and pure and not lose any of it for any reason, or.
Speaker 2: The bank goes under, you'll.
Speaker 3: Join a credit unit. Keep your money in a credit union rather than a bank. The bank is not the smartest place to keep your money.
Speaker 2: It's not I don't know if either one of us some financial experts, but no.
Speaker 3: No, I've been talking to quite revere people about it, and trips to Costa Rica with your butler. It's a power move to do that, because there's more electives. Anyway, The point is I called the bank. I don't need a business account. I got the credit for the thirty bucks, so I'm all good, all right. But when I got the supervisor, she told me what I need and what I didn't need, and I don't.
Speaker 4: Need a business account. And guess what's scary. She doesn't own her own business yet she knew about the business account.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that? Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: Like you're on the phonal customer service at home depot and they're like, I don't own a screwdriver, so so I really can't help you with that.
Speaker 2: Hey, Taco bell, I have a problem. You know what.
Speaker 3: I don't ever go to the drive through. I don't have a car, and I don't need tacos, so I can't help you with that.
Speaker 2: Ooops whoops? I mean yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You know what.
Speaker 3: You trapped.
Speaker 2: You trapped her.
Speaker 4: You put I want to request a song. Yeah, I'm not a musician. I can't pick a song for you.
Speaker 3: You painted her, That's what you did. She had she she really had no answer for you. It was checkmate situation.
Speaker 2: But yeah. I don't know my own business, so I don't know what a business account is. Oh huh, well yeah, yeah, don't complain and Brody all right, David Brody, I.
Speaker 3: I don't think she should be fired. I just think she should know about Okay, am I wrong slices? That my wrong slices. Shouldn't she know?
Speaker 4: He's continuing, Okay, I am continuing. I want to slice. To leave talkbacks, go for it, leave the gummy, leave a talk back. You would have been laughing your ass off if you had a gummy. No a Joe Rogan gummy, not a sponsor.
Speaker 2: You know what you know?
Speaker 3: It did cause me a laugh my ass off. And I don't know if this is I don't know if I've ever seen this outside of a movie or a cartoon.
Speaker 2: A onesie with cats on it with Christmas ants, MBI.
Speaker 3: Cat miss no I was at I was at a restaurant with Robin last Saturday night. It was a nice it was a nice restaurant, pretty, oh, of course, it was pretty swanky. And three tables over there was a guy in a you know, okay, you know, a jacket.
Speaker 2: He was dressed up much nicer than me.
Speaker 3: Suit my sort of situation, no tie, okay, and three women, all dressed very elegantly, and their their.
Speaker 2: Food comes and I see in the distance he picks up the the.
Speaker 3: White napkin, the cloth napkin, and he tucks it into his collar.
Speaker 2: Like tucks it into his neck like a lobster bib. Yeah, except it's a he's it's a regular cloth napkin. And he's like, all right, let's see.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking to myself, that's not that's not good etiquette.
Speaker 2: It's functional. It's a smart move, but you don't see it. Who does that? Like that's like a.
Speaker 4: Nineteen forties thing with it? I think of like down at the table and.
Speaker 2: I see, Yeah.
Speaker 3: First of all, I feel like that's something you do in a house on a Sunday afternoon when the meat, gravy or the sauces come in.
Speaker 2: It's like I don't want to get my shirt dirty, so you tuck it.
Speaker 3: But or like your pictures like wearing like a five hundred dollars shirt, it's a thousand dollars shirt. No, it was just on it, you know, it just looked weird to me. I just do people still do that? I wanted the slices to with. I wanted to slice he was.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He was with three women. It was him and three and he was like a guy and is like, you know, might have been old, a little.
Speaker 2: Older than me, maybe ten years older than me. Was he older than the women? But is that My question is is that proper etiquette or is that a slot?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna forgot their relationship if I can answer the question, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't talk to them. Well did he hire them? Were they women of the night?
Speaker 3: No? Come on now, no, they were like in his constituents. He was out to dinner with his people, his friends, his family, whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they were.
Speaker 4: Well, if he feels comfortable with a bib, I mean, you know, I've done it. I guess if I'm gonna eat spaghetti, and I might. I might bib in a restaurant, I might bib.
Speaker 2: Not a no lobster. I get it because they give it to you. It's cute. I'm eating red sauce and I'm wearing a white shirt.
Speaker 4: By the way, I never wear a white shirt to dinner if I can help it, so, because I know food's getting on me.
Speaker 3: Well, I wear red shirts to Italian restaurants. Well, he could splash grease on you. It's just the same. It doesn't matter what it is. But a grease spot on a blue shirt is a little dark spot. It's not like a blood stain on your shirt. I'm saying, is it? Is it a proper thing to do to be in a fancy red restaurant and to like tuck tuck your napkin into your collar? Do people do that? I always think of it. I always think of something that in the movies. I always see people in cartoons doing that.
Speaker 4: You know, they taking the Godfather when he when he kills him in the in the restaurant, he had he put the napkin in his in his shirt.
Speaker 2: Is it an old source? It could be an old school move. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Reminds me like a nineteen forties thing, were like, you know, and like if you take each the fork and the knife in your fists and you put them standing straight up in your hands and you're like, oh, I'm ready to eat.
Speaker 2: It's a caricature almost all right. These are the things I wonder about.
Speaker 3: You should have asked them, not who are you having dinner with Robin? I told you Robin have an opinion? What did she say? No? She was like, yeah, you're right, it looks a little weird, Like, why don't do people do that? I just didn't think. I just just thought it was something that that is a Now was he a fat guy where his belly sticks out? We had to make sure he did.
Speaker 2: Like it was just something from a bygone era. That's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you. I know it sounds it's a little unusual. I've done it, like the sauce. But was the food in front of him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, as soon as the food showed up, that's when he tucked it. He picked up the napkin off his lap and he put it in his paper napkin like a phone. Pay No, it was a cloth, I said, cloth, Are you not paper? I'm sorry, cloth, nap I'm not listening to who now? I said it okay, all right, whatever, I'll say, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Slices.
Speaker 3: You could disagree, or do you have someone in your family that does it, or what are your thoughts on it.
Speaker 2: I think it's tacky to do it in a restaurant. That's why a woman does it to protect an expensive dress. I don't know. Yeah, No, I don't know. I just think that it's it's I don't think you should.
Speaker 4: It's Can a bride do it at her own wedding to protect the white dress?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think you do.
Speaker 3: No, I think you roll with it, gets sauce on the wedding dress, you take risks, ruin all the pictures.
Speaker 4: You got to give a dispensation. You got to give it a pass on the bride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, and and oh and and and the table next to them was totally like ruining the mood of the rush toront. The table next to them were three girls and one girl has had a little mini ring light attachment for her phone, so they were like, you know, they were filming the food. Now I do that, but I don't do I don't put a freaking ring light on it. They were doing like a whole Hollywood feature. So they must have been food bloggers or something. And they were like, well.
Speaker 2: Just girls going out for a meal and like what you.
Speaker 3: Do, right, But no, but these girls like had ordered a lot of stuff, which, by the way, begs the question.
Speaker 2: Two food bloggers. Why is every food blogger so skinny? I've seen a couple that.
Speaker 3: Aren't a couple, but most of them are like, so damn thin. I'm like, you're a fucking food blogger. You're eating out every single day. You're ordering everything on the menu. Are you just not taking bites? Or I take one bite and just and that's it.
Speaker 2: It's a great question. Or are you just spitting the food out? You can't do that. Now.
Speaker 4: I've seen two food bloggers I have a problem with. Maybe help me out here. This one guy starts every video so I was at this piece, So I was at so I was at.
Speaker 2: It drives me crazy every video. Anyway, he has a new thing. Now, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't get it. Well, he's he claims to he get thrown out at the end of his video. Yeah, and then they threw me out. And then they have the owner like zaying get out. How is that believable? It's the guy's in the kitchen filming the chef prepare the food. It's not he's behind the counter filming everything. He's giving them great reviews. And then and then he's like, and they threw me out.
Speaker 2: Let me take you to social media school there, David Brody, Yeah, explain to me.
Speaker 3: Why would you explain Okay, they threw me out at the end. That's called that's called branding and imaging. Everyone has. So I was told that if you want to stick out, you got to have a signature thing, whether it be an opener.
Speaker 2: Whereas did you ever see the girl that.
Speaker 3: Goes and and goes, takes craps, She takes a dump in all like fancy restaurants, and she rates them from one to ten and rates the toilet paper quality, the cleanliness, what they have.
Speaker 2: So every video, every video says, come take a shit with me at J C.
Speaker 3: Penny And the very opening is her is her feet like like walking toward it, like really fast, like three seconds. But every video has a signature opener, so you know that's her video. And so in the case of this food blogger guy, his signature thing, his stamp is his signature thing is at the end. And then the guy kicked me out for eating too much or staying too long. That's what is So every video is going to have that. And it's the same thing with like the vip list girls. They go, you know, they have their little snooty little routine that they do which is all done up and they'll go cry about it like it's it's a thing, it's a stick.
Speaker 2: It's a get. But they're speaking of the VIP girls, and that was a great explanation. Thank you, you're welcome.
Speaker 4: The VIP girls just hosted a video of them going to some restaurant in Italy. Italy Italian restaurant in New York. Oh yes, okay, where they're like the caviar was like shit caviar and and they're like, I can buy it for half price at the grocery, can sit around fifty bucks. Yeah, I'm like, so you're telling me you just got caveof of five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: No. So the restaurant was Casta Tua.
Speaker 3: They're originating in Yes, yeah, hung about not to be confused with confused with Themammi Dolphins quarterback Well hawk Tua the Hawk. I thought of that too. This is this is a restaurant that's very famous in Miami.
Speaker 2: They have two locations there. They started in Miami, Miami one. She was disappointed in New York. Well, the Miami one is their swamp.
Speaker 3: That's their REOs, that's their that's their their flagpole.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it. It is their place. Okay. So Casatua Miami, highly recommend. I haven't been. I still haven't been, but I'll say this, the one.
Speaker 3: In York just opened, and not only did I see that video from them, I heard it from people that we know who went there. And everybody's on the same page that it is a rudderless ship.
Speaker 2: Is the blind? How are they? How are those girls paying five hundred dollars for caviar? They are? They're paid full price? They don't they don't want a hand out.
Speaker 3: Well, of course they look because they left a shitty review. They couldn't possibly that they want. They don't want to do a fluff piece for free food.
Speaker 2: So they spend at least one thousand dollars on dinner. Well yeah, but they're making money. Do we have them on? Oh my god, they would love to be on with us. I want them on. I know you had them on the morning show. I want them on. They came in as guests, Audrey and Meg. Yeah, they're amazed of them. I want them on, Rolling them, booked them Rolling Stone? Okay? Done?
Speaker 3: I have this twive, I have their cell phone numbers. I have I can call them right now. I could pick I could call Meg and Audrey right now and get them on this podcast. Why why do you text them? No, not because we were wrapping. We don't have much time left. So okay, maybe next let's have them.
Speaker 4: Let's let's have them on next year. All right, unless you think we should have them on for the holidays next week.
Speaker 3: Man, what we whatever we want to do. But but I'll say this, what they're available, you have to have them on. But in the event of the fact that we're talking specifically about the caviar, all they're trying to say is they they didn't even have the place Costa Tua, didn't even take the label off of the label.
Speaker 2: I guess they bought aegis the label was.
Speaker 3: It was a place called Cinderella, which is a fancy grocery store in Manhattan. So what they're trying to say is they're not even trying to trick us. They literally have the cap from the grocery store and said they put it on ice they smith and they handed it to them and they said here, and they're gonna charge us double what the grocery.
Speaker 2: Store would charge that, which is insane. It is insane. But what they're trying to say is they take us for fucking fools, like they don't even give a horrible move by the restaurant, but of course it is. And where they get in the mud.
Speaker 3: I mean, they must be making a shipload of money. But there bloggers, they do.
Speaker 2: It full time. They're food bloggers. They're some of the best. They're terrific at it. They're amazing. I love them.
Speaker 3: The video quality, the editing is tremendous. To anyone who says they're annoying, it's tongue in cheek. They're actually mimicking. They are actually playing characters. These ladies are not like this in real life at all. In fact, when you talk to them, you're gonna fall in love with them. They're wonderful. They're wonderful women. And yeah, anyway, a right, so enough about them, the VIP list girls. I don't know if you heard about them or not, but anyway, but yes, so in your overarching conversation here, brody, just so I get this, you know everyone, and this for anybody who wants to go viral on social media, You've got to have either an identifiable catchphrase, a visual, a moment, something that makes you different than everybody else. But all of your videos should have the same theme, the same thing going.
Speaker 4: In it, and I think getting thrown out is a new thing for him.
Speaker 3: No, oh, I've seen it several videos where he does and then they threw me out at the end.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but that's not He hasn't always done that.
Speaker 4: But here, here's here's the kind of bloggers I don't like, because there's one I follow, and I'm not gonna mention.
Speaker 2: Who it is.
Speaker 4: He goes to the shittiest one, like non non franchise fast food places and makes it seem like the VIP girls they go to the great restaurants. Yeah, he's like, I'm gonna make up names.
Speaker 3: We went to Chucky's in Belmore Long Island and if their food is outrageous.
Speaker 2: They got this fried shit where they put this sauce shit. Then they cover it with cheese. Shit.
Speaker 4: They fry the whole thing and when it comes out, they put and then they're not saying shit, I'm saying it.
Speaker 3: They put more cheese on it, a healthy amount of sauce, and they put on a brioche bun. It's unfucking believable. We gotta go there. Oh my god, Chuck, he's in Bellmore. And then they got this soup. It's got chunks of this and lumps of that. Hey, it's the best. And then they fry it. They fry the soup. They don't ask me how. That's them being them? That is that is that work for them.
Speaker 2: See, that's the signature thing that they do.
Speaker 3: They make the shittiest, most unhealthy thing. They put cheese wears on the chicken fingers, then they put batter on it and they fry it. Then they roll it and what's an ala cheese? And they put more cheese was on top and they fry that again.
Speaker 2: Everyone needs a niche, Everyone needs a thing, Everyone.
Speaker 3: Needs comments like oh my god, I have to have it right right, so we love it?
Speaker 2: What's our thing? Brody? What's our what we what's our little? Is it a sounder? Is it a visual? Not visual?
Speaker 4: You're putting theme song. It's the fact we have shtick. It's the brilliant scares. We have a lot of stick. We have benchmarks. Rants you know, the future, the future viral video people of America.
Speaker 2: If you saw that.
Speaker 4: Food, though, would you would you eat it? Like if there was no blogger telling you it was great? Almost like hey, you want to go to that place that sells chicken fingers with cheese, double fried with with more cheese on top, and special Chucky sauce.
Speaker 3: They always have a special sauce. If you notice that always they got they got like oh I went you Wikis. Wikis puts all in their cover with their special Wiki sauce. The you know a lot of these burger places, it's always like you know, they give you the it's always a guy in a man bun, always dressing with like kayaka. That's the Smash Burger places. They're all very much, but they're all alike the same way that they're they think that they're being different. They all have like a starter pack of the same behavior.
Speaker 2: We have these these copper cups that we give you you know whatever. Everyone's got a thing anyway, all.
Speaker 4: Right, have you seen the video of the Smash Burger place as these giant metal blocks and they bring him down and they steam the burger, steam the cheese.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's the thing. It's a gimmick. And they put Quiki sauce and they have to brand the bun and the bun has the has the outline.
Speaker 3: In like you know in chariki right whatever, the.
Speaker 2: G logo, right, all right, all right, we're gonna take a quick break here. It's The Boy Podcast.
Speaker 3: You know, I was thinking, oh, that's a first. What the hell happened at chestnuts? They're roasting on an open fire?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: The most popular Christmas song of all time arguably chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
Speaker 2: That's not the name of the song though.
Speaker 3: The Christmas song chestnuts roasting on an open fire right in parentheses. The point is it's always been associated with Christmas and chestnuts, chestnuts at Christmas. But and I remember as a kid growing up, my aunt Millie, my great grandma, they would actually on Christmas they would roast these chestnuts and I remember them, you know, you know, you'd peel them back, and they had a wonderful softness to them and a little sweetness.
Speaker 2: They were great.
Speaker 3: And then I'm like, oh, well, they're not a thing like you don't it's not like you think Christmas. It's you know, candy canes. Some even people drink some some people drink eggnog. But like chestnuts have kind of gone the way of.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know, I think chestnuts are like the Bernice of nuts, Like nobody's named Bernice anymore.
Speaker 2: No, I did some research, like Gladys.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing about chess, in my opinion, before you give me your official research. Chestnuts are met Chestnuts are a thing because of.
Speaker 2: The they're mid No, they're mid. No. Apparently they were very big back in the day, but I think they're only they're only big because of the song.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: If you saying cashews.
Speaker 3: Roasting people to be roasting cashews, dude, cashews and pistaschio nuts are much better.
Speaker 2: They no, but chestnuts are can.
Speaker 3: Chestnuts are a thing because it takes time, because you can't really eat a raw chestnut.
Speaker 2: You have to actually cook it. And then you generation they gotta go. You open it up. Oh, so you try. You're trying to say that we have no.
Speaker 4: Time to no time for chestnuts, gotta go. But they you go see the Rockefeller Christmas Tree. All the carts have chestnuts, but they also have candy coated peacans and panic candy coded cashews, and you can just grab a bag of those and run. The chestnuts smell great, they make the name of smell grape. But everybody buys the pea cans well, and the cashews.
Speaker 3: Their chestnuts are rare fine because did you know that ninety nine percent of all of the chestnut trees in America got infected with a fungus and they all they're all gone. They're all they're burned down or they're they're no goods, so they're gone. So now we get our chestnuts from like other countries and stuff we don't, so they're a rarity.
Speaker 2: Well, they'll go up in price soon. No, No, this has been for years. This has been going on.
Speaker 3: That's why the last thirty forty fifty years, you haven't really heard about chestnuts. But back in the nineteen twenties and thirties, then we're roasting on an open fire every Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's scary.
Speaker 4: Do you really think that for fifty years we haven't heard of chestnuts.
Speaker 3: No, but but come in contact with one. I've had hay slices. How when was the last time you ate a fucking chestnut? They're rare. I'm telling you, they're rare. They're rareer than the there are a rare row nut. Okay, rare than for rare rochet. No, it's like when you think of nuts at the holiday season, you think of you think of peanuts.
Speaker 2: They're not nuts. They're lagoons.
Speaker 3: But you think of peanuts, walnuts, amens, pistachios, all peek cans, all of them, but no one ever mentions chest nut.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, wait a second, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Make a Saturday Night Live comparison. You watch, you watch Saturday Live. We watch it every week of course for our whole lives. Yes, and you know, the first the first opening, the cold open, is usually political, very funny. Then the host comes out and they go, we'll be right back, and sometimes they show like a fake commercial, very funny. Then they come back and usually the best sketch is the first one, right. Then they do weekend update, which is great, right, and then after weekend update, it's like there might be one good sketch. Then that last sketch. I think they call it the one twenty four sketch ten to one because it's to one sketch, right, twelve fifty that show, right, it's the sketch you throw at the young kid who just joined the show, and he has had a sketch on in three weeks. So they put and you watch it, you go, I waited for that. They must filler. That's what this conversation is. I feel like this is the ten to one nuts conversation. Okay, oh my god, Brody the outrage. There's no nuts. No one's talking about it. But no, but scared people talking about it.
Speaker 2: No, don't worry.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying. I just chestnuts have gone by the wayside, that's all. I just feel like they don't. They're not as important at the holidays anymore the way they used to be traditionally. I say we bring back the chestnut.
Speaker 4: I think if if if radio stations like light FM in New York didn't play that Christmas song with Chestnuts Rose Gonna Open Fire for the whole season, chestnuts sales would plummet.
Speaker 3: I think people hear that song and they go, oh that's I don't think they're all that great, is what I'm telling you about. Ognog is gross. People drink eggnog be caught like it's how you know? Eggnog is gross?
Speaker 4: Nobody drinks it the rest of the year, right if it was good, Like if it was a milkshake, people like, oh, my milkshake brings all the boys to the odd all year round. My eggnog doesn't bring anyone to the Odd maybe for like a day, and you drink it and you go, oh yeah, Now, remember why I don't like I don't drink agnog all year round because it's another look. I know somebody that's going, I love eggnog, Shut up, brody, but the masses don't drink agnog.
Speaker 2: That's right, right.
Speaker 4: Nobody sits down to scaries point. Nobody sits down with a glass eggnog and some chestnuts.
Speaker 2: Anything they don't right, Moving on, go fuck yourself. Moving on.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of people named Beatrice, I just had an experience and I love the people are very nice. I want to just put that out there. So I sell stuff at a consignment shop. Okay, uh, And it's it's about a half hour south from.
Speaker 2: Where I live. Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And the way a consignment shop works is you go in, you check in merchandise, and you get a percentage of what you sell. And in this particular consignment shop, I get seventy percent, they get thirty percent.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: But if something doesn't sell after a few weeks, you have to go back and get it. Otherwise they market like half off and they put it in clearance. So if you don't want to sell your stuff clearance, you go back after whatever it is, two weeks, three weeks, and you go looking around the whole store for your stuff, and you take it back and you sign it out and you can bring it back whenever you want. Well, here's the problem. When you go back for your stuff, and I take pictures of all my stuff, so I know what it looks like, you have to find it.
Speaker 2: So this one.
Speaker 4: I have worked with a couple of consignment shops, but one of them, this one particular, has I don't know, maybe twenty wire racks, you know, metal racks like you'd see anywhere racks. Yeah, twenty twenty is not one thousand, it's twenty. So you have to walk up and down the three aisles to find your stuff and take it, then register it and go home. Now, every time I do this, there's some things that can't find. I know what they look like, they're my stuff, I can't find them. So I today it happened to me. I couldn't find salt and pepper shakers. Okay, that had flowers on them. Yeah, So I say, I say, excuse me, can you can you help me?
Speaker 3: That's all old women working the volunteer, the sweetest women on the planet. Yeah, what did it look like, and I show them the picture on my phone. Just oh, well they did you look everywhere? Because they could be anywhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I looked everywhere. I can't find them.
Speaker 4: Well, you know people move things fro where they're supposed to be and put them under the racks. Yeah, but I don't know where it's supposed to be, so it doesn't matter where they's supposed to be or where they are. Now, I can't find them. There's not cabinets yet, rap right, it's open racks.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, did you look in the in the window? Yep, I looked on all the racks. I already see where this is going.
Speaker 4: So then the woman goes, I'll walk with you when we walk around and we can't find it, no, okay. Then her boss comes over and says, I'm I'm Mary's boss. Can I help you? Well, I can't find these two salt and pepper shakers. This is what they look like. Oh did you look everywhere? Yeah, because they can be moved around. Yeah, I know, I'll walk with you.
Speaker 2: Scary.
Speaker 4: I walked around with four people. They couldn't find them. So they were stolen. They were stolen, right, or somebody bought them and they didn't register it in my account if they were sold. What happens when the money Let's say what happens when they're stolen.
Speaker 2: I'm out, I'm out.
Speaker 4: I'm out the eight bucks whatever. And again it's only eight dollars, I know, but it's still like dollars. The point is, how is it helpful to say to me you looked every because they could be anywhere?
Speaker 2: Right? I know you boy? Oh is that not your chestnut's level of No. No, I understand where you're coming from, Brody, but like I'm just.
Speaker 3: Trying to understand, Like, all right, sometimes you have to take people that you have to accept people are stupid or they they talk the way they talk and they say they don't understand your level of logic, and be done with it and just move on because yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know what, you know what, that's great advice. You know what happened. If I did that, we wouldn't have a podcast.
Speaker 3: No, But in this case, you're talking about something that.
Speaker 2: Is so so.
Speaker 3: Like specific and like you're talking about you're talking about wordplay. You're talking about sentence wordplay. Brody, this is you do I listen, I know, I love you. This is what you do. But you're gonna give this, You're gonna kill yourself over over words, in a sentence, the way people are lining up there where they don't under And can.
Speaker 4: You imagine if Elvis or any DJ went on the radio and said, God, why would that guy write that song? Why are we playing that song? The lyrics are stupid? No imagine.
Speaker 2: Maybe because it's not me.
Speaker 3: Maybe because if if that was me and my sol Pepper shakers and I couldn't find them, and three people in a row came up to me and said, did you look everywhere?
Speaker 2: I would. I would give them a free pass. You don't give people free pass. I can give a free pass. I went around the store with them. Again.
Speaker 4: My point is when you say I can't find them, the answer is not, Well, they could be anywhere. That's my point. I know they could be anywhere, but I'm starting with this, or they get it would be somewhere else in the universe unless they got adamized. They are somewhere, right, but they're stolen.
Speaker 2: They're stolen.
Speaker 3: Said, they got to be here somewhere. What am I gonna tell the person? Don't look not they're obviously gone, don't.
Speaker 2: Look I yeah, man, you and I are cut from different cloths.
Speaker 4: Man, but you would just throw Listen, you have all your uncle's paintings, right, so at some point you're gonna have to sell those.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I hope they all get stolen and you don't get any money. How about that? How about that? How about that? All right?
Speaker 4: But let's move on trying to find something that that that's scary approved. Let me check my list of things I want to talk about. Can I talk about what happened to you when I went to get blood work?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay. So I brought my prescription to go get blood work done. You know, my regular check up bloodwork and my doctors. I want to tell my doctor's name yet, and I give the prescription. She said, I have to confirm information. And the woman had a I guess she speaks Spanish. She had an accent, and she says, did you get this this prescription from Rubber? And I said, what from Robber? Did you get this prescription from Robber? Again, I don't know if she was Spanish, that's just the accent she did. What I'm doing now is how she sounds. And I said, I don't know what you mean by Robber Robber. The prescription is from Robber, and I said, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: So she shows it to me.
Speaker 4: Go, you mean my doctor whose first name is Robert. Oh, yes, language barrier, language barrier.
Speaker 3: So again I'm not you know, I'm not nitpicking, but I didn't know what she's talking about.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't go to doctor Rubber Robber. I feel like woman was painless by the way Anita went right into his pack.
Speaker 2: And the next time, I want to do this podcast on mushrooms, I'm gonna buy some more mushrooms. We said, this is why I don't do drugs. Funny shit happens to me. I can't help know. I know, Brodie, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you know what slices Scary is now going to tell you something funny happened in his life.
Speaker 2: God scary funny.
Speaker 3: Well, not everything funny happens in my life. I mean, we're talking about Cranberry's. We talked about Cranberry Cranberry's after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: I will tell you no. I I mean, we don't have time to really go into this, but I have a very big story about somebody who got fired a friend of mine on the West coast, in in uh in this industry, and they got fired in the middle of their shift. What do you mean what were they doing? And they were they we.
Speaker 3: Asked to finish the shift. Let's just we got to run. Let'st say that's a little teaser next time. I these are the things that that I write down. And I'm like, are you fucking kidding me? What world is this? It's all right, we just we we we we vary that that's why we work. All right, I'm gonna play.
Speaker 2: The theme song now, Yeah you probably should. Yeah, Nices, leave us talk backs on how you think that last segment went. Was it attend to was it attend to one segment? Bice Bro Bro
Speaker 3: Boys Bro