Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live.
Speaker 2: From the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Six past second, Pascott TINSI touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's a wonderful Wednesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas in the s WBC studios.
Speaker 2: Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 5: As the Cowboys prepare for their matchup with the Tip of Bay Buccaneers. Today, we preview the Dallas defense going up against that Tampa Bay offense. For Patrick Noci Walker Isah standback Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman's Josh Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: What is Baker Mayfield hot?
Speaker 6: On fire?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: He's on fire.
Speaker 7: Man the show yesterday.
Speaker 2: He's welcome back, Isaiah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's on a heater right now.
Speaker 7: He's so hot right now, Baker, the Baker is hot.
Speaker 6: The Baker's hot, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: The ovens turned up the heat in the kitchen baby, let's go Dallas.
Speaker 2: Defense has to face the Bucks offense. Yeah, why stop with this?
Speaker 6: Stop with just this is my least favorite isahh, It's like what happeneds the coy version of Isaiah And I don't want it, man, because you have a defense that's playing really well over the last few weeks, regardless of all of the issues that you have in in injury reports and injured players going off the field. I'm telling you, man, okay, we got a good chance. I don't want the coy say that.
Speaker 2: You didn't have a good chance.
Speaker 8: I just asked a generic the who opposite of saying it with your say that.
Speaker 2: You have to play against a Baker Mayfield and Mike Evans ten consecutive thousand yard seasons. Even the future, it is the future. We talked about it. But in order to hit a thousand, he has to have a really good game. Because the Cowboys, Kyle, jeez, they've got three games.
Speaker 5: They've got three games, you are the worst. They're battling for an NFC playoffs.
Speaker 2: They are there, are fighting. Now. Can the Cowboys be the disruptors? You have the opportunity to play the role of disruptor this week was the last time you got a chance to do that.
Speaker 6: I think you can do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you can mess up some seating the next three weeks.
Speaker 6: So you're acting like we're the the village something.
Speaker 7: Man, That's what I'm saying there, you go be the villain.
Speaker 6: Acting like we're the pa Anthers who we just beat. Dude, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything.
Speaker 6: It's the way you say it.
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything.
Speaker 6: It's the tone of voice.
Speaker 2: He didn't say anything.
Speaker 7: That's the whole keys doing that thing again.
Speaker 5: They played pretty well against Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase defensively. A couple of weeks ago, the defense played well enough to win that game against Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: So now that the.
Speaker 6: Number one was that he had quite a bit one hundred and seventy plus, but they only scored twenty points until the last series games. That one game, Yeah, that was one game. That was one game you ever heard of bending don't Break. You never heard heard of that.
Speaker 2: You did have two tuddies though, we did two tudies in almost two hundred yards.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one player one of those you shouldn't have existed.
Speaker 2: Not the whole position, but one play one of those Tudies, the whole actually pretty much the whole position. Nobody else really had anything that day. No t Higgins, no, no, nothing like that.
Speaker 7: Don't touch the block, put in the second touchdown, doesn't.
Speaker 2: Hey, but you had Trayvon Diggs in that game. He'll be ready. I'm just reading something the Cowboys have. The Cowboys have led a wide receiver hit one hundred plus a ye receiver hit one hundred plus receiving yards and one plus touchdown and eat in each of their sorry in three.
Speaker 5: Of their last four games, except for Adam feeling he didn't do it anything.
Speaker 2: Scary Terry had one two he was targeted in Week two and week twelve Scary Terry had one o two. Jamar Chase had one seventy seven who won that first and Jalen Cocher had one ten won that game too.
Speaker 7: So the moral of the story is just let him have it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if it gets you, if you can win with them getting it, fine, let them stop the run and get your take.
Speaker 2: Away from Willy.
Speaker 8: Let's go stop the run, get your takeaways and rewards, can take away healthy irving.
Speaker 2: I believe so, Yeah, I mean so is who's running back? Who's their running back coach?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Running sounds familiar. He used the pretty formerboy coach. I do love. Oh, they didn't was doing this thing.
Speaker 7: They let both doing their thing almost two thousand.
Speaker 2: So they let skip Peak go.
Speaker 5: This is the whole first seconds wasn't retained?
Speaker 2: Correct, Now they chose not to. They opted out, and now he has one of the best running back groups scores in the league.
Speaker 7: Correct, we changed.
Speaker 6: QB vision a passive aggressive.
Speaker 2: I'm just, I'm just These are facts, right, vision, These are facts, are facts. How are you guys doing? You guys had to give money on Tuesday? Yeah, I think they were better than yours. By the sound, how was l A? Was it all right? It was? It was busy man, It's busy. Kyle Brandt get to you there this week. No, No, I'm excited for this matchup. I truly am excited for his matchup. I listen. It's very difficult to play games when there's nothing to play for. This game has something to play for for now. No, you have to be a villain. You get to be a villain. Put your villain hat on.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 2: You got like villains two on that side of the table. One love Villains. Who's your favorite villain? Oh? Greatful? What man?
Speaker 7: Come on, you got to talk comical, I'm talking to everything.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite villain? Magneto. I'm just gonna say it's your favorite villain. It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: I got roasted on the Draft show one time because I called them Magneto.
Speaker 2: I would have Oh dude, it was like twenty twenty. It was the first year on the Drought.
Speaker 5: It was like maybe like it was maybe like my fourth or fifth show like ever of Cowboys content and I called them Magneto and my mentions, Yeah, I would have joined in.
Speaker 2: You probably go back should probably did? You probably go back and fight. We just didn't know each other.
Speaker 6: Elite doesn't he fight Charles Javier Wow, professor z Magneto.
Speaker 2: But they might go off. No, I'm still who's your favorite villain? We go with Bain. Bain's a good one. Really, who's yours? Joker quality? Joker's mind? Which one not joke?
Speaker 5: I mean there's there's multiple grade versions of the Joker, so kind of all encompassing is what I meant. But Keith, Yeah, absolutely, I mean that's all the funny man he's a comedian, he's a clown.
Speaker 2: Right. Who do the Cowboys need to embody this week?
Speaker 6: Mmm?
Speaker 7: Good question?
Speaker 2: Magneto?
Speaker 5: God please never, I'm just poking buttons.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how about uh what's his name? Black Beard from parts of the Caribbean. Why is that we're trying to kill some pirates.
Speaker 8: I'm going to stick with Magneto because they're playing at home and they have to control the tone in the environment Sunday night. Yeah, they got to control home. They got the space, the air, everything has to belong to them on Sunday night because they're playing well on the road, not so much at home. So, you know, not being able to do it against the Bengals at home, not the Saints when they were good at home, not the Ravens at home.
Speaker 2: The list goes on.
Speaker 8: Here's an opportunity to take take a win, here's an opportunity to take away.
Speaker 2: Are you done talking one of the talk Yeah?
Speaker 5: Second way, pirate, Josh.
Speaker 8: But know, the Cowboys have a perfect opportunity to be the villain, to play spoiler. But also in doing so, you beat a playoff caliber team at home, and that's just more energy and confidence that you would love to have so hopefully as you're going into the back end of the season, I know you're mathematically not eliminated from.
Speaker 7: The playoffs just yet.
Speaker 8: But if you don't make the playoffs, which is likely that you want, at least you go out on your shield.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at least you go out fighting, and you might be mathematically eliminated by the time kickoff happens. Much is possible, because as soon as the teams that you don't need to win.
Speaker 2: End up winning before you, and you're the last game of the day.
Speaker 6: There's a chance, which they've done all season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 8: And just so play fast, play loose, play free. All the pressures on Tampa Bay next week, all the pressures on Philly in the week after, all the pressures on the Commanders to not get swept by the Cowboys and trying to kill their seating. So just be the bad guy like that, the villain man.
Speaker 2: It's an opportunity, take advantage of it. Listen, go full school. I know we're gonna go into all the depths and all the position groups and all that stuff, and you probably got to get the news and notes.
Speaker 8: So no, it's now go for itok, because there's no availability, no availability.
Speaker 2: There wasn't a whole lot yesterday you got it like man, true great movie.
Speaker 6: Who brought the noon?
Speaker 2: Check? Which aspect or which attack? Do you feel most confident about stopping from Tampa Bay Bucks? Their passing game or the running game? The running game? Running game? Feel more confident in the ability to stop their running game?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it's that question. I would not It's a loaded question. It's a loaded question, and I think I agree with the running.
Speaker 2: Game running game strong. They're strong, though, but either in violent.
Speaker 5: I just don't trust a Trayvon Diggs less secondary to stop Mike Evans.
Speaker 2: That's my problem. No, no disrespect, no disrespect to Trayvon. Do you think that his presence was felt this year? Yeah? I do.
Speaker 8: I do, And happen it felt like last year or the year prior, well, not last year. But was it felt like peak. I didn't feel like peak Trayvon, but he made an impact.
Speaker 2: You felt, you felt, you felt like you knew that Trayvon was on the field at all times.
Speaker 5: It was a lot of Trayvon without all times for the most for the most the most part, yes, he felt like I know Trayvon's.
Speaker 7: Out there for the most part.
Speaker 8: Yes, even even in the times where they would throw away from him, you kind of figured why they were throwing away from him, because that's.
Speaker 5: Why whenever there were times of picking on Kaylon Carson and picking on a Mania Will warr picking on Jo and picking on all these guys that are around, that's an impact.
Speaker 2: I don't know which website we need to go to. How do you find how many attempts they had, how many pass attemps they had? Give me two seconds. I'm just I'm curious as to how the scheme this year affected his productivity. And you guys very well may be true. Maybe maybe right in your guys' sentiments in regards to well.
Speaker 5: He's not picking off eleven passes and it's not even it's not even in a picking off portion, You guys might be right.
Speaker 2: Maybe they just went away from them, right, But I didn't. I don't. I did not feel his presence this year. That's nothing. That's not to say that he wasn't impactful. But there's a sense as well, right, there's sometimes when you when you step on the field, you know, hey, I just feel the energy over there, right, like I can't go that way?
Speaker 8: And maybe that was the case, I think it and I'm with Kyle on this. I think it was the aspect of it, especially before Deron Bland came back. That's why you saw so many targets against AO, That's why you saw so many targets to Kayln Carson. They were beating up on Kailn Carson as far as the targets are concerned, because Bland wasn't there and they were thrown away from Lewis and away from Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 2: That's an impact. That's an impact. He gave up on fifty one targets throughout the year.
Speaker 5: The high that he had seen was against Cincinnati, saw ten targets out of fifty one targets. He allowed thirty three receptions. That's less than sixty five percent completion percentage, and it was for a total of three hundred sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Yards, which is just over eleven yards per catch. Well was last year fifty attempts. Thirty three catches were on fifty attempts this year. Last year, well, last year, that year well he didn't play Sorry, yeah year not least that was last year was around.
Speaker 5: Let's do twenty two, last full season he had and that was the year of course, after the eleven interceptions, he had ninety one targets against sixty three receptions, which is nearly seventy percent completion seven one hundred and sixty yards more than this over twelve per attempt. So yes, he had a better year technically this year than he did in twenty twenty two. Even the year he had eleven interceptions, it was one hundred and one targets. They went after him significantly more and and he gave up fifty seven receptions, so a less completion percentage.
Speaker 2: I mean he played how many games he played the year? She didn't say, right, Sorry, I'm asking almost question. I'm shy to have a fair.
Speaker 6: Example sized them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this year he played how many games? Twelve eleven? He played eleven games, eleven game and that year he played so five attempts about almost five per.
Speaker 5: Game seven seventeen and twenty two and sixteen and twenty one, So.
Speaker 2: Average better year.
Speaker 7: In some areas he outperformed even his peak seasons.
Speaker 2: Just he's not having the picks and the notable plays time.
Speaker 5: And there were times this year, I mean you and I have been very critical in the past on this show about Trayvon Diggs and showing physicality coming downhill, helping in the run game. There were times this year where he showed that. There were times last year prior to the injuries, got a better show that he has certainly added that element.
Speaker 6: He was showing it last year.
Speaker 2: He was the reason why durn Blane had that pick. Yes, so I I think I think there's a context is everything.
Speaker 5: I think there's a little misconception if if because you're not the only one that thinks that, Wagh, there's a little misconception that if Trayvon Diggs doesn't have the picks, he's not having as good of a year, much like if if Micah doesn't get the sex.
Speaker 2: He's not having pre pressure is PBUs Those things matter same thing, and.
Speaker 5: So completion percentage, completion percentage against matters like that certainly matters against corners because that means you're not only getting targeted at a certain rate, but you're having success against you at a certain ry.
Speaker 2: You even have the fact that it's lower. You even have to take that that into you know as a grain assault because he's playing a lot more his own.
Speaker 5: And escape yards per catch too, yards per reception, So that way you see how deep those play.
Speaker 2: And I'm bringing these things up because people need to understand the context of the difference in schemes and how it changes you as a player. Allow for you to do. In a dan Quinn system, you're up, you're playing man the man. You're playing a lot more coveragees, more me versus you versus. In a Mike Zimmer scheme, it's different. Right, you're playing a lot more zone. Right, you're playing alongside, you're playing in accordance with your teammates, right, like, this is my space, that's your space. Okay, Hey he's going to your zone now, right. The communication has to be different, so you're the way in which you approach the game has to be different. Now you can grow substantially as a player in that regard because maybe you weren't as great of his own defender as you before when you're just playing man. And now now he's added that to his tool belt. Right, so now maybe maybe he is more a well rounded player.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: There's a whole lot of ways you can look at it. I just when you start looking at a team like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and how creative they are offensively in terms of their schemes and how when you watch them on film, they pick up heart zones. They understand zones like they truly get it. They know how to dangle the little fruit in front of you, right, get your linebacker to go with the with the option tied end and the running back and who there goes to Mike Evans, behind you, there goes mcmallan, behind your odd and behind you. You know, like they got guys right, and they have veteran they have that. They have that veteran guy in the receiver room who there's nothing you could show him that he doesn't he hasn't seen before. He's it's ridiculous to think that he's about to have eleven straight seasons NFL thousand. It's insane crazy. You don't do that just because you're good versus man and man. You don't do that just because, yeah, I'm just I've had a good run.
Speaker 7: And no matter who the quarterback is, yeah, just putting up your wild Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's it. He's had some good quarterbacks.
Speaker 8: But you're to get point and to that point, that's why I say it's it's more likely the Cowboys stop the rushing attack because in the past several weeks, we've seen them be able to bottle up opposing teams way more often than not. On Then we came into last week's game talking about how quality of a running back to but Hubbard was and how he's been able to do damage here recently and just over the course of his young NFL career before they awarded him with that new contract extension. And he goes against the Cowboys, gets with thirty thirty two yards on the ground. They absolutely shut him down. And it's not an anomaly. They've done that to other quality backs as well. So I just think it's more likely. I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen. We'll see, but it's more likely that the front seven, even without overshowing because shouts out to lea foul and how he's stepping up in Derick Hendries. It's more likely that your front seven can contain the Bucky Irving than it is that your secondary absent Trayvon Diggs, absent Kaitlin Carson, absent Josh Butler, is going to be able to contain or bottle up Mike Evans and Auden and I always want to call him old time, and I and end up right and the Cowboys are I don't want to say lucky, but fortunately for the Cowboys, but unfortunately for Chris Godwin, he's not playing in this game. Because if Chris Gotwin was added and at it variable to this game, you are in such trouble.
Speaker 2: Yea about but yeah, on the ground.
Speaker 6: And to stop the run is one thing, but that's also not saying that you're going to be able to stop buying Bucky Irving and Rashad White in the receiving game because they're both highly highly respected receiving targets and both have five rushing offense agreed, agreed, but they're receiving grades. Both of them are over eighty five percent. That's crazy, and that's why they were Both of them are over ninety percent. That's why they drafted. We got Derek Eleton making a little bit varsity.
Speaker 2: You're on the shot man, we got the hell the head tilt and every day.
Speaker 5: The point that when you're talking about the receiving ability out of the backfield, that's why they drafted Bucky.
Speaker 2: Irving and it hurts. He was in the fourth round, man, you kidding? And Dallas had a high grade on him. They had their They have their eyes on him, and they had a lot of Bucky Irving is a real deal. He is the real deal. He was my number two back in the draft last year and solid, solid coach.
Speaker 6: Top ten in offense, run and receiving, great according to Pro Football he is.
Speaker 2: He's really of the top five. Sorry, we were about to go to break top five rushing offenses. We've played probably all five of them. The Eagles, Ravens, Commanders, Yeah, Packers played them this year, Bucks, you played them in the OFFFS last last year you found out. Yeah, exactly. So you're about to play You've already played three of them, and I have to go back and look at the stats. Are stat line versus those three teams in the rushing defense, but you're about to play a fourth, one out of the top five in the NFL. As much as we're going to talk about Mikes as much we're going to talk about Baker Mayfield, I need the people to understand this is the top five rushing offense. The rushing attack is real. They do not repeat, they do not have to drop back and throw the ball, but they're very good at it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, let's take our first break when we come back, we continue to preview it. I want to know what else they do outside of the run game and outside of Bucky Irving. You mentioned Ott in a couple different times, You mentioned Mike Evans a couple different times.
Speaker 2: How have they combated not having God went on that defense or on that offensive side of the ball.
Speaker 5: And what is Baker Mayfield taken in a step in the right direction in because there's a couple different areas. For sure, you could hit with Baker Mayfield more when we come back with more talking Cowboys. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and.
Speaker 2: Pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 5: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee. Today, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you footy deals.
Speaker 10: It's the official min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 6: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 5: To the Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show was brought to you by none other than Quaker.
Speaker 2: Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven, official smile.
Speaker 2: Of the Doubt. I mean it's no milk's gone.
Speaker 8: You had one one job, yeah, one hands, one job, run it back, come on.
Speaker 2: Finish after them.
Speaker 6: They got quake car codes in the corner.
Speaker 2: You stumbled out the block race. We finished it out. You did recover.
Speaker 6: Then it's a call back from yesterday because it wasn't get.
Speaker 2: It, man, but you can't. There are a lot of smiles whenever you eat Quaker Roads. There you go.
Speaker 7: Can't be fumbling this snap like that.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, Yesterually on the show they had these. I guess there's a one drop. Now, what's his name, Tyler the Creator? Yeah, Tyler the Creator did a collab with the NFL. You guys hear about this golf They sent us. They sent us some gear yesterday. Was that the Panthers thing? No, no, no, no, no, it was that. There's only twenty two of the thirty two teams did a collab. I don't know what happened there, but Cowboys are one of them. And they got some dope stuff. I got it.
Speaker 6: I got some stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like NFL golf. I do promote this all NFL stuff though, but yeah, some fire. So they sent me a shirt. I'll bring it in when it comes out. Nice.
Speaker 7: It's pretty dope, Okay, Yeah, Tyler is a dope individual.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 6: I got some shopp Dot companies done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's available in the pro Shop for Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has to be.
Speaker 2: It's a collab with the NFL. So very cool. It's I mean, I know it fired. They have some like bomber jackets some other stuff. I thought immediately, it's sick. It's pretty sweet. Sick.
Speaker 5: You have to may have to dabble, may have to go see what's long. The uh I did an event at the pro Shop. This is not a pro Shop commercial, I promise. Uh I did an event at the pro Shop.
Speaker 2: The other day.
Speaker 5: It was a Pepsi sweepstakes and the winner gets like sixty seconds to grab whatever they want and.
Speaker 2: No limit, like you just go, go, go go. The only limit. The only limit is you only get two jerseys. That's the limit. That's the one.
Speaker 5: But the pro Shop at the Stadium, that's it. I only get to go there every once in a while. In terms of the actual pro Shop at the Stadium, that place is sweet, is it is awesome, Like this one out here is incredible, but the one at the Stadium is like this shows this one is incredible.
Speaker 8: Until you go to the one at the State really and then this one kind of downgrades to night. Let's go Monday, because then the stadium is expansive.
Speaker 2: Is going to be that I'm spending more money. But no, no, no, no, tell her Christmas.
Speaker 6: That's one of the best parts about working here is like for Christmas, are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 6: Everyone it's like, oh yeah, here you go. That there is and everyone's stoked.
Speaker 7: That family of some new family. So that doesn't necessarily work the white helmet.
Speaker 2: Are we doing any one week away from Christmas? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I was sending laughing emoj here's something, Get right, bro, you got three kids about sending laughing emoji texts.
Speaker 5: Last night I was like, let's talk Cowboys, Let's talk. Let's talk it, because having three different conversations.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, Christmas presents, it all comes back to the start.
Speaker 7: Tell me, let's talk about how what Baker Mayfield is.
Speaker 5: What is Baker Mayfield doing better this year than he has at any other point.
Speaker 2: In his career? Understanding system and patience. That's it, That's not it. Well, that's for me. Yeah, that's the key for me. I think he's fully confident in the system right now, and I think his ability to move in the pocket has been tremendous. His decision making has been better, probably because of his understanding and his trusting of the system. But he's he's cooking. Hey, he's cooking. And it doesn't hurt when you have a freaking solid running game and you have Mike Evans. You lost gotwin and you miss his presence.
Speaker 6: And it was tough when he didn't have Mike Evans, of course, but I don't know, man, Tim came back. It was just you see some of that, you see some better decision making.
Speaker 2: But to me, I think he's always going to be gunslinger.
Speaker 6: A gunslinger. I really watching him, Oh one hundred percent. I love seeing that.
Speaker 2: Which one are you going to get?
Speaker 6: Which one are you going to because they've still they've lost six games, Guys, I'm not sure you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm not unbeatable.
Speaker 6: I get that they're a really great offense. You're talking about top five rushing attack in the NFL, great great quarterback, excellent wide receiver. But when the wide receivers weren't there, Baker Mayfield struggled, even though he had targets in both Bucky Irving and Rashad White. I just don't think that we can necessarily say this is one of the best teams in the NFL because Baker Mayfield is hit and miss. He will have games where he makes a lot of mistakes. Granted there are less of those this year than they were in Cleveland or in Los Angeles. He's found a home in Tampa Bay. He's playing really well. But I still think he's going to be that guy. And you have an opportunity, as Deron Bland, to have a great game and show like this could be Deron Bland's signature game of the year. He hasn't had one yet. I think this is a huge chance for him because he's able to decoy. He's able to kind of like move around to show quarterbacks, Oh, this guy's open, but he's not. That closing speed of Deron Bland I think is going to be essential to their success this week.
Speaker 2: I don't think Baker Mayfield has more than twenty attempts this game.
Speaker 7: He had twenty pound and ground the Cowboys defense and two.
Speaker 6: What about the last four weeks of this defense stopping the run says that to you, like you, where are you getting this?
Speaker 2: It's not feel it's not Tampa Bay. I mean you're not. I mean, I'm just being real with you.
Speaker 6: Is that's not it for you?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Because because it right? But I'm talking about like one for the most part, for the most part, on the ground, on the ground, on the ground. Yeah, I mean you pick, Yeah, you pick and choose, right, you pick and choose. But I don't. I just I don't have a boat of confidence that you're that you're going to be able to slow down their running game. That's just me. That's just It's a feeling thing. It's nothing I can really point my finger at right now. It's a feeling thing. It's it's a combination of the two running backs that they have. It's a combination of their office a line. It's the threat of the receiver going over the top, right, It's it's all those things. And I think that you will get a lot of play action. I think you will get Baker out on the edge. And yes, you have your opportunities. He has five interceptions over the last three weeks. Yeah, you're gonna get your shots. Anytime he Baker mayfields on the field, you have opportunity to get an interception because he is a wild. He's a wild. You love him for that, but you hate them for that as well. I just with what they have on the line, I think they're gonna play a lot safer game.
Speaker 5: These are some of the teams that they've beaten this year, and this is on the four game winning streak, Go Long, Giants, Panthers, Raiders, Chargers. So Giants, Panthers, Raiders. Each of them currently, if I'm not mistaken, have top five picks in the NFL draft currently slotted in in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: The Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 5: Would be number one, the Giants would be number two, and who was the third one I just mentioned the Pans The Panthers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would be number five.
Speaker 5: So they have three straight wins against them. But then they put up the forty points against the Chargers. That's the most impressive win they've had to this point by far, at least in the second half of the season.
Speaker 6: Since that's.
Speaker 5: Once they get him back, it's significant change everything. They get beat Detroit early in the year, which that's a huge win. They did beat Philadelphia early in the year, and they took care Philadelphia thirty three to sixteen.
Speaker 2: But they've lost a lot of the same matchups you've lost.
Speaker 5: They've lost to San Francisco, they lost to Atlanta, they've lost to Baltimore, they've lost to Denver. I know you haven't played Denver but you've they they're winning games that they probably should and they're losing some of the games that they probably should and maybe shouldn't as well. So with all that being said, the up and the down is caused by something. Where can Dallas take advantage of it? Is it doron Bland?
Speaker 2: Yes? Get a yeah, lab coats science. You want to start this, you want to go, you want to go back into it. Let's start.
Speaker 5: Let's take a break. When we come back. Patrick's got some science. He's been holding back.
Speaker 2: I wait for this. Let's go science time. It's lab coat. Right after this with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 3: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and t fi G. Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 1: Five G requires Campappa plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. Seeatt dot com slash five g for U fifty deals.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility.
Speaker 2: Vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment.
Speaker 12: United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colt or Cane cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops concessions and on Yettie dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys, and we're going to overtime Erica.
Speaker 7: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 9: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very Digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance, message data rates. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back You're on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show is brought to you by in Visi line.
Speaker 2: She'll Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Josh Rodrigue is his favorite yep in Visil line, I love it.
Speaker 6: We're trying to say many I think I need a Vassil line or something. You probably would gladly take I would love in visil.
Speaker 7: Line, especially the free, especially for the free.
Speaker 2: I've said it on the show before. It was the best thing. Why haven't we met it in vision line? Rep? We met a rep from every because they don't need reps. That's how good the product is. That's true.
Speaker 7: I need It's like you never see a Lamborghini commercial, do you?
Speaker 2: I mean we shoot them out every day. Come on down, can we shoot them out? Actually they started producing. Yeah, they have a few out there now. So it's been a little bit, but now it's time. It's cold in here.
Speaker 9: Four.
Speaker 2: Do you need a coat?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 2: How about a lab coat?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Science, yes, science?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: So protective goggles are on close, don't choose pocket protector, pocket protector.
Speaker 7: Here we go, gloves. Make sure the bunch and burners at the right level. Let's cook up.
Speaker 6: There's something about.
Speaker 7: We got shades Kyle on here, so shades, Yeah, we got shades col.
Speaker 2: Coming for him.
Speaker 8: So while Josh so eloquently pointed out exactly how hot Baker Mayfield is, he's on five right good, and Isaiah so eloquently and accurately pointed out that they can do it both on the ground and in the air.
Speaker 7: That's right, Kyle presents a wonderful question.
Speaker 8: So what is it that Baker Mayfield is doing wrong when he does something wrong costing them games. Well, we talked about how Baker Mayfield has, you know, his his several interceptions in the past several games.
Speaker 7: Here's where you can pinpoint. Though it's not necessarily.
Speaker 8: About Q one or Q three or Q four, something about the second quarter turns Baker Mayfield into the wrong version of Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 7: I found.
Speaker 8: I came across this interest in stat and went back and looked at the film to supported this. He I don't know why he's pressing in the second quarter of most of these games, because there are circumstances where he doesn't have to press, but the gunslinger comes out unnecessarily in weeks. No, no, I want to say it this way, Baker Mayfield shout out to Pro Football Network.
Speaker 7: This is where I got the stat from.
Speaker 8: He's thrown ten interceptions in the second quarter this season.
Speaker 7: How many ten in the second quarter alone?
Speaker 8: That is Yes, that is the most in the second quarter of an NFL game since Elvis.
Speaker 7: Gerbach through eleven of them over the course of second quarters.
Speaker 2: Into Elvis Gerba.
Speaker 8: So that is the most in almost twenty four seasons. It is about the second quarter. I don't know what it is, but if you're Mike Zibbering, you're watching this, If you're the Cowboys defense and you're watching this, help Baker Mayfield continue to implode in the second quarter. You do that, you get your takeaways, and then you look at the Cowboys offense and you say, do what you did in Carolina. Reward us for these take aways, and now you can hopefully make the Buccaneers one dimensional taking the ball out of Skip Pete's hands. M right now you have a better shot of winning that game and upsetting them. So absolutely, ten of his interceptions Baker Mayfield this season, Him and Elvis, Him and Elvis Girbach. They do not throw the ball well in the second quarter. I don't know what mentally goes on with him, but exploit it is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They've been outscored in the second quarter one thirty four to one hundred. Would you like to compare that? Go for the other quarters across the board.
Speaker 5: First quarter they have outscored their opponents one oh five to fifty one. Taking care of business in the first pour quarter, third quarter, they've outscored their opponents seventy one to fifty nine. Second, there's no way they outscore their opponents in all four quarters except for the second quarter.
Speaker 2: Right, No, fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: They outscore their opponents one twenty four to seventy plus fifty four in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: So come back, second quarter, second quarter, take care of business.
Speaker 7: Game can get decided.
Speaker 2: Would we like to talk about the Cowboys seconds?
Speaker 6: I don't our first quarter?
Speaker 5: Right, what about the third quarter? That's actually the first quarter? You're no, No, you've been outscored.
Speaker 2: Have a snicker.
Speaker 5: You've been outscored by fifty in the first You've actually outscored opponents by four in the second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got a window of opportunity ninety eight to ninety four. The third quarter. You're same. You've been outscored ninety one to sixty four in the third coming out to break, and then you've been outscored one oh three to ninety four in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 7: So not win the second quarter and you will likely win this game.
Speaker 2: You gotta win it big.
Speaker 6: You gotta win it big. And on the third Quartermber, I need you to pull up a drop for me. This is from Girls Talk, Boys Talk. I need you to Nicole whay go in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: That was almost her right, my god.
Speaker 6: I need you to wake up in the first quarter because it it's bad. Man, it's really bad. Please score a touchdown on your opening drive. It's really really atrocious.
Speaker 2: What do you need to do? You need a Well, just kind of sounded like, oh yeah, I also won.
Speaker 8: One final kind of tidbit. We're talking about the Cowboys defense. Something else that came across. We know that the Cowboys for a large part of this season and a couple of seasons past, they've struggled with stopping teams from converting on third downs. This back half of the season, with Michael Parsons back on the field, they've been able to produce that. Even without Trayvon Diggs and last week without Demarrio on overshown, the Cowboys defense has failed has forced opponents to failing to pick up more than one third of their third down attempts over the past five games. Yes, so third down defense has improved significantly.
Speaker 7: Over the past five games.
Speaker 8: So if you combine that with circling the second quarter and not just winning it, but to Cole's point, you need to win it big. So I believe the Cowboys can get one or two takeaways in the second quarter.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be right there for you.
Speaker 8: Question will then be can Cooper rush ceedee Lamb in this offense?
Speaker 7: Ric o'daludo?
Speaker 8: Can they then get touchdowns off of those takeaways, not just field goals. That's how you win it big, because if you get a couple of takeaways, your.
Speaker 2: Defense one big.
Speaker 8: But if you only walk away with three or six points because of one or two field goals, you want it, but not big enough for what might happen in the third court.
Speaker 2: It's got to be like the second half.
Speaker 8: Win the game on the second quarter, and then and then tighten the grip in the third and fourth.
Speaker 2: Indy fix on the Cowboys update this week.
Speaker 5: I give a key to the game every week, and my key this week is forced to at least two takeaways in the first half.
Speaker 2: At least two in the first half.
Speaker 5: Aggressive ear Man, it's aggressive again, get them rolling downhill and it changed.
Speaker 8: But the science proves and the film supports, you could get two in the second quarter against this Tempa Bay. Absolutely, Baker's gonna go full gun slinger in the second quarter. He typically does ten interceptions out of his fourteen this season.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like pressure the second MMM.
Speaker 6: He doesn't like pressure.
Speaker 2: He does not well.
Speaker 6: He doesn't get a lot of pressure on the left side. I'll tell you that because you got Tristan Wurf.
Speaker 7: He's kind of a dude.
Speaker 6: He's kind of a dude. He's kind of playing exactly how you expect an early first rounder to play. Uh, going up against Michael Parsons man that that's gonna be a that's gonna be a battle's worth the price.
Speaker 2: Does Mikeael go to his side or does the Michael switch sides.
Speaker 6: I hope Michael was up the middle because they have trouble at the left guard. They have trouble at center.
Speaker 8: Michael would be weak side strong said zero, take three takes, drop back, drop back, He's going to be all over the place.
Speaker 6: But they have a good right side of the.
Speaker 8: Also, keep an eye on because Leo is getting put into bits packages as well.
Speaker 7: So the worst dude, is it a blitz? Is it a ghost blitz?
Speaker 6: And he's actually I think he's ranked yeah, number one overall in past block grade according to PFF Wow number one overall.
Speaker 5: I was thinking all pro whenever I watched their tape from last week against the Chargers.
Speaker 2: He went up against Bosa and stonewalled Bosa.
Speaker 6: Another du run blocker for them. Coke Keift, You guys looked at him at all number forty one. Dude is a mauler. He's a big reason for what here every success on the ground.
Speaker 7: I like this dude a lot.
Speaker 2: Their office of line has been that way for years. Yeah, figure it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but at tight end, Coke Keift is a dude in the run balking game. And also okay, question for Kyle Oh dickyoo, I want to see it Kiten or not Kayden Kyles. I got a little tongue tied because of Kate Otton. Correct me if you're wrong, if I'm wrong. But is this dude a Kyle Yeoman's guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah. I met Kyle dude and coming out thought there's two US guys on offense by the way, him and uh oh yeah mcmellan. He was pretty good last year too. He wasn't one of my pet cats.
Speaker 5: Kate Otton was a pet cat in the draft show for me a couple of years ago because he was a from Washington.
Speaker 6: What do we like about Kate Otton.
Speaker 5: I like his physicality. He's an all around tight end. He is Jake Ferguson, but probably better if I'm being completely honest.
Speaker 6: Hey, Patrick's here, man.
Speaker 2: I love Jake Phils. Finish this point. You want to add on to that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love what he does from a pass catcher standpoint. He is a great rounte runner for a tight end too, even despite the frame. I don't know up right off the top, my computer just died. I but what is his what is his measurables across the board?
Speaker 2: Once? What he got?
Speaker 5: Because I think it's like six four, six, five to forty seven? Yeah, like that guy running routes. Good luck, have some fun, big body.
Speaker 6: Yeah, six hundred yards.
Speaker 2: He's a mismatch, is what he is. And he does everything well.
Speaker 6: And he's tough ten yards of reception.
Speaker 2: Due he's tough. He's a tough dude.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I was. That was last year.
Speaker 8: I was high on Auden when he was coming into the league a couple of seasons ago.
Speaker 7: And obviously this was also on the back end of.
Speaker 6: What I felt was another fourth round pick.
Speaker 8: Well, what I felt was going to be the end of Don't Shows this era here, so in looking at don'ton Show successors, Kay Oughton was absolutely top notch on my on my list of you know guys I would have loved to see here in Dallas. And you know, obviously the Cowboys they still won because they got Jake Ferguson and he is a more than worthy successor for sure.
Speaker 7: But yeah, i'd say that to say is he's he's a horse.
Speaker 5: Going into day three that year of that draft class, then the names on the board for the tight end position went Kate Otten. Then there were like one or two other names there. I can't remember the names in between, but Kate Dotton was the number one. And they went off the board first pick of the day to Tampa Bay and everybody was like, well that was that was short lived, all right, And then they ended up getting Jake Ferguson, so worked.
Speaker 2: Out anyways, totally fine.
Speaker 5: And Jake Ferguson's dude, and and I'm so glad he's here with the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I am Kate Ottens, he's a mom.
Speaker 6: There's some funny I was watching film. I was like, that's a that's a Kyle guy.
Speaker 2: Two udub guys on office. And there's another ub guy, another defense. His name is what we'll talk about him, Maro. Right on Washington going on, and you know what you get when you put two v's together.
Speaker 13: A w W.
Speaker 2: Let's go. I I hate everything too much? What games Washington playing in? Then? I don't know. I think they're playing? And uh, what is down in Passle? What do you call it? The Sun Bowl? Yea there in the so many. That was my first my first freshman year. I know, I'm surprised too, My rissier freshman year, we played on the in the Sun Bowl. Oh it's a cool stadium. It's it's literally carved into a memorand I know, and it's pretty cool. Twenty yards away is mac Yeah, like over the other side of that, Yonder is right there, right there.
Speaker 6: Nice get away, no doubt.
Speaker 2: That if you've ever driven through that. Yeah, I love I love Mexico, not the part. Yeah, all right, that's gonna do it for us here on.
Speaker 6: Cowboys got to make our picks tomorrow, by the way, because it's no show on Friday.
Speaker 7: Oh I forgotten, no show on Oh tomorrow show is gonna.
Speaker 2: Be fast and furious. Oh, so we're gonna say it with your chest Thursday, Thursday.
Speaker 5: And I'm glad you're reminded me because I would have I would have showed up on Thursday just.
Speaker 7: Because you messed up the thing.
Speaker 2: You totally redeem yourself.
Speaker 6: That was on purpose.
Speaker 2: I purpose.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm here for you, thank you, thank you, not even though I wasn't here for you at the beginning.
Speaker 5: Quit it, Patrick, you know see Walker for Josh Rodriguez, for Isaiah's stand back, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yemens join us tomorrow, say it with your chest Thursday. We're gonna have QB vision and our segment we're gonna be lock loaded. We got more talking Cowboys coming up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We'll see you there.
Speaker 5: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.