Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: Patrick Murphy is an earned authority. He is far more than a former Undersecretary of the Army with service to the nation. He is geopolitical Advisory Hillco Global. Patrick. Did you study blockades when you were in service? Did you study them in forms of military school? How does Patrick Murphy discuss a given blockade?
Speaker 1: Of course, I listen, you had to talk about it, and you know, you learn about what we did, and then during a Cubut missile crisis, you know kind of what started that. But as you know, I taught at West Point for years and I still lecture at the US Army War College. You had to know all the demands domains of warfare, you know, land, see, air, space, and cyber So you know, that's what we try and do at HOKO Advisory, HOCO Global for our advisory group. And I tell you the world has never been as bald as it is right now, at least it feels that way.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I look at this and I fall by Patrick on my deep military career Russell Kroll and Master and Commander the Patrick O'Brien movie of the Napoleonic Wars. This is at Napoleonic wars Axios has today that's seventy five percent of casualties Ukraine, Russia are from drones. Patrick Murphy on a blockade in an age of drones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, listen, let's hope that there's not swarm drones going after you know, our troops that are over there, because as you know, we've had the largest US military build up in that region since before the Iraq War, which I served in Darney Evasion. And you know, it's already cost you know, when you think about tom Today's tax day, it's cost the micro tax payer by the end of this month, two months of the war, forty two billion dollars. And that's from the pen Wharton Budget Model Office at Penn Wharden Warres where I teach. So you know, that's why a lot of Americans are saying, Hey, you promised me one thing, no new wars, and he gave me this. You promised me less inflation. It's gone up and you know, it tried to be four point two percent gas prices over dour And that's why you know, for US looking at advising industry, they want certainty. And that's why not just the American people, but Wall Street and business across American this world are pretty frustrated by what they're seeing.
Speaker 3: Patrick. You know, the air offensive against Iran has been extraordinarily and extraordinarily effective. But I think what we've all learned over you know, the last thirty forty fifty years, there's always so much air strikes can do here. What do you think the next steps should be for the US here? I mean there's additional talks today of maybe extending the ceasefire. What do you think is the best off ramp here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, let's those of us who have seen war and I've lost nineteen men in my unit and evasion in Iraq do not want war. We'rey reluctant warriors. It's always the last line of defense. It's also a failure of diplomacy. So let's hope that we then restart new negotiations. Obviously Pakistan, Turkey, I'man and now China are trying to broker that I get that back on the table after the first twenty one hours didn't go well last weekend. And by the way, there's also negotiations as we know in Washington, c right now between Lebanon and Israel. So it's a fragile ceasefire. But those of us who understand warfare understand that, you know, you cannot have regime change, which is air power. We knew that months ago, right and anyone that understands built their history and as commanded that understands it wasn't going to happen. And you know, the Iranian regime is still in place. Obviously we took out their top leaders, but they to will Son is now charge. He's even more radical. He lost his wife, he lost his son, and that's why a lot of folks are clamoring to say, how are we going to bring this to as you said, an elegant solution at elegon end here where we've tend to interest have the straight flowing again because of you know, our greatest allies get like you look at South Cridge, you look at Japan. Seventy percent of the oil comes from the Strait, and so a lot of Phansey asking America to figure this out real quick.
Speaker 2: I got to get this in. I've only got a minute and a half. I'm so sorry, sir, your comments and the firing of General George General Smith, General C. Q. Brown Jr. And for that matter, Admiral Franchetti as well, what are we doing with our top brass?
Speaker 1: Well. Unfortunately, a lot of great public servants that have one o'clock this country been let go. It reminds me of when we fired the Secretary of the Army, Eric Schecky before the Iraq work because he spoke truth to power and before that war. And I will tell you I am a big believer Tom and siting a leadership over military should be that way. But at the same time, you know, as someone who helped lead the army, you have to listen to military experts and you have to listen. And God gave us all two eyes, two ears, and only one mouthful reason. And I feel like they're listening only for the They're already listening for what they want to hear. And patriots like Randy George, Iraq Afghanistan Vetcher West Point graduate c Q. Brown, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and so many others have been let go. And a lot of us who've worn the cloth of our country are you know, one eyebrow up saying what the hell is going down there? Washington?
Speaker 2: D C. Patrick. I got to run and Paul and I got to run, but thank you so much for your time and public service. It's odd I find Patrick Murphy, that Sparta who drives the whole ship here. He said the same thing to me the other day. Hey stupid, you got two ears in one mouth. Fix it. Mister Murphy is with hillco a Global and of course the former Undersecretary of the Army. We greatly appreciate his support.