Speaker 1: The second date of day. Sometimes with a bad first date, there's one moment that you can look back on and say that was it, That was where I messed everything up? Yeah? Yeah, For me, each date has about fourteen of those. Is it when I did the full reenactment of the movie Garden State?
Speaker 2: Was that it's you?
Speaker 1: Or was it when my zipper got caught in the sushi conveyor belt?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 4: I still don't for some reason, why were.
Speaker 1: You that close to the you know?
Speaker 2: He too much?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: One of our listeners says that she knows that she made a huge mistake in one moment, and she's regretting it today. That's why she's asking for our help. Her name's Jessica. Jessica. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, Jessica.
Speaker 2: Before you let us know, I just want to say, sometimes it's good to only have one giant bad thing go wrong, because at least you can pinpoint what went wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you have a sushi conveyor belt incident too?
Speaker 3: There was no sushie involved.
Speaker 1: Good tragedy avoided. What what what happened with this guy? What's his name?
Speaker 3: So I went out with Vince?
Speaker 6: Vince?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: And how do you know, Vince, how'd you guys meet?
Speaker 3: It was online, so it was kind of, you know, like a first sort of blind date online and it was good. It was it was it was nice. We had a really good vibe and all.
Speaker 1: Right, well we'll play a song, we'll come back. We should hear more about it, huh.
Speaker 4: I mean were you were you shocked that it was going that well?
Speaker 3: I totally was. I you know, I had kind of low expectations, but I don't know. He was just it was humble and cool and fun and we're having a good time. The problem is, so because I have these low expectations, I kind of sort of accidentally double booked myself that night.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, like with another date or with a party or something.
Speaker 3: No, it was another date.
Speaker 4: Oh girl like that, you have options? Why to the same night.
Speaker 3: I just figured we'd we'd eat and we're like, okay, thanks, that was fine by and then that would be it. Because that's kind of been my experience.
Speaker 1: Was Vince aware that you had two dates going on that night?
Speaker 5: He was not?
Speaker 3: Oka, he was not, And you know, looking back, I mean that's the moment like I should have canceled, oh, because I lost track of time. And when I realized I was like twenty minutes away from the second date, and I was like, oh shoot, so I had to wrap things up really fast. He was like, oh, we're done, and I was like, yeah, I'm so sorry. I gotta go, and I then vote him some money for the like half a bill, you know, because I didn't want it to be like this good bye.
Speaker 4: What did you actually leave before the bill came?
Speaker 3: Well, like it had just gotten there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like you didn't let him like walk you out to your car or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, I had to run.
Speaker 2: Oh man, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just as a guy having to sit there and watch your date like bolt on you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, before you even finished like totally paying the bill and then they veno you, which is feels it like business trans actioning.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah. And I think I mean, I think you could tell that something was going on because he was asking me, are you okay? Like did I did I do something? Or you know, when I was trying to tell no, no, it's not you, You're great, this is good. I just coming personal came up. I gotta I gotta run. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like I would almost prefer a girl to sneak out on me yeah, rather than like collect herself frantically be like okay, sorry, I gotta go by No, you just reschedule.
Speaker 2: You should have been honest and you said, look, I have something going on. I want to give you my full attention. You know, it's like a job interview. You don't want the person interviewing and being.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, just tell me about yourself real quick. I gotta go. I gotta go ya. Based on your profile picture and your interests, I had very very low expectations into this. I never ever thought this was going to go like this. But yeah, sorry bye.
Speaker 6: And the thing is, I'm guessing the second date went terribly because we're not calling the second date for a second date update, we're calling the first dude.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what happened with guy number two?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Guy number two was a no show?
Speaker 6: It I bet you, I bet you felt I would feel so foolish at that point.
Speaker 3: Oh I did. I waited an hour at the bar for this guy, and I just felt like it was big, it's full. And so after my hour of waiting, I tested Vince and I was like, hey, so I cleared that up. If you're still out, I'd love to hang out some more kind of try to smooth it over, and he texted me back lol.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah he is, and that's all you guys have talked since.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I tried texting him one other time and he didn't respond, so I was like, Okay, I'm gonna leave it alone. I don't want to pesture him, but I'm feeling really really bad about it, and I you know, I'm hoping it's something that I could kind of come back from.
Speaker 2: I don't know. If you tell him the truth, it makes you sound bad, like, hey, I'm only calling you back because this guy stood me up or I would have I beg you.
Speaker 6: But you can explain it as like you made a mistake. He's dating, like he gets it, like it's hard, it's hard to make decisions. It always feels like the more you date, the more options you'll have or something. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to date to leave me for another date. I mean nobody would. Nobody would. But do we have to tell him that part?
Speaker 2: No, that's why we don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I think we're going to go in planning to not tell him yes, but you know what, if it slips out, then it slips out. You do this.
Speaker 4: Every once in a while. Somebody wants what they can't have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and if he thinks that she's wanted by a lot of other people, that's not necessarily to play some games.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should say it wasn't just one extra date. Maybe it was twenty extra dates. And the other guys could match up to Vince. Right, Convince was better than all of them. We're going to play a song, we'll come back, we'll call Vince and we'll try and get your second date. Update. Okay, Jessica, all right, all right, hold on.
Speaker 5: Update.
Speaker 1: The saying is nice guys finished last. Yeah, but that's not always true. Sometimes they don't even get to finish dinner before their date ducks out on you for a hotter guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go out.
Speaker 1: Sorry for the low blow there, Jessica, but that is what she did to a great dude that she was with named Vince. She had to leave early to go meet up with another guy, and what happened? Other guy no showed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anything is Jeffrey. If you liked Vince Moore, you would have booked his date second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: My initial like, you wouldn't have put him first.
Speaker 1: It ended the night, no matter what. But she went in with those low expectations. So, Jessica, I want you to know we are going to try our very best here, but even though we're enjoying ourselves, we have another phone call book with a possibly better hotter listener in ten minutes, So we're gonna trying to make this quick.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, but really, really please if we can not tell him about the other date.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so why did you leave? Then? I mean we're gonna have to tell something.
Speaker 3: Family emergency, right, like, admit, it's a family emergency and we just met. He doesn't have to know those details.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well.
Speaker 2: What what's the detail? Grandpa's sick?
Speaker 4: Like she said, he didn't have to know the details. He doesn't need What if he asks.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, family emergency is everyone?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: What do we say?
Speaker 4: Your business? Okay, talk about my family? Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, we'll.
Speaker 6: Vague he's gonna Jessica.
Speaker 5: All right, we're ready.
Speaker 1: We're gonna dial Vince's phone number, try and get your second date update. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey is this Vince? This is him, this Evince.
Speaker 1: My name is Jeff from a morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. What's up, KNA was awkward silence, I freaked out. Okay, we're all here.
Speaker 5: What's going on, gred.
Speaker 1: It's a segment, Yep, it is an awkward segment that we do. It's called a second Date Update. We're calling on behalf of one of our listeners who went out on a date with you.
Speaker 5: Her name's Jessicah, yeah, Jessica. Okay, hmm.
Speaker 4: She really liked you, really? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know, it doesn't seem like she liked you because she left the date in such a hurry, but that's just one of the things that she does when she really likes the guy. She she gets nervous and panics.
Speaker 4: And leaves freaked out.
Speaker 1: It's a problem.
Speaker 5: Oh so, so she told you guys what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she gave us a little recap of it.
Speaker 5: And she and she actually felt bad about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean, she's she didn't want to have to leave, but she didn't really have a choice.
Speaker 2: Family emergency.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, I don't know. I just kind of doubt that's really the case.
Speaker 6: I mean, she texted you later, she said, just to let you know that she was like still interested.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she did text me later she wanted to like me back.
Speaker 1: Upright, and we heard you texted back kind of snarky, just lol.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I said that because she really seemed like she had better things to do and she had somewhere else more important to be. Like, we were having a great time, we were eating, and she pretty much ended it in the middle of us eating and left the front.
Speaker 1: But that's not really fair to her because it could have been something that was totally out of her control.
Speaker 5: Oh really, So, I mean, you guys talked to her, So what did she say was out of her control?
Speaker 6: She she know, she made a commitment that she had to follow through on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, this sounds really general and vague, but yeah, do you.
Speaker 1: Have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: Vague and aggressive?
Speaker 5: I don't know, I just mean it's it's kind of hard to believe considering the way that it sort of ended. Like, I don't know, I just.
Speaker 4: Feel like, so you say that you think she's lying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I mean, this is the thing, like, and you know, I'll be completely honest with you guys, but I've had some trust issues from the past and everything. When we were talking. Seemed pretty good the way that everything sounded, and she seemed pretty straightforward, but my trust issues kind of came into play, and I just wanted to sort of see like where her head was at. So I actually had one of my closest friends, who is you know, he's basically a model when he is a model and looks, you know, really good looking dude, and so he actually matched with her, and I had asked him, like, you know, why don't you schedule sort of like a date for the same day.
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 5: I know this is crazy, and you know, I was like putting it all out there, but this is kind of why I feel so just really disappointed.
Speaker 1: Hold on, you already knew about the other date that she had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he reached out and she already had a date scheduled with me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, kid, dude, you set a trap for her.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't know that, to be honest, she would be that thirsty to hop on it.
Speaker 1: Come on, if you had.
Speaker 6: A model that matched with you and wanted to go out the same night, you're not telling me that you wouldn't book her.
Speaker 5: Still, I actually would have just canceled the other date and gone out with the models.
Speaker 4: Are you two dates you wouldn't want.
Speaker 5: To like, yeah, because then it kind of just felt like a pity date.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, I don't like.
Speaker 4: This, that's low man.
Speaker 6: I just think that you're missing an opportunity, like if you could give her some grace here, like you may actually find somebody who you really connect with.
Speaker 5: And like, the reason why I put the test out there was because she put on her profile, she's tired of the game, she's looking for something really meaningful, and I felt like we were aligning really well. I did, and that was why I was like before I even how serious are you? Or are you just another girl who puts it on her profile but really just wants.
Speaker 1: To you know, I feel like maybe there is some truth to what she's saying there, because she clearly wants to connect with you because she's actually on the other line listening this entire time.
Speaker 4: That doesn't help trust is shoes.
Speaker 1: She wants to talk to you right now.
Speaker 5: Man, Wait, she's listening to this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't you trust her?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: She's right there? Jessica, Hi, awkward?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, how's it going, Jessica.
Speaker 3: Uh, not great. I feel really bad that I couldn't figure out like what I needed to do in that moment and make a better choice. But I feel really bad for you and those trust issues and the mind games, and that's wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: There's so much on both sides.
Speaker 2: Like I think you both just hang up before we even get into this.
Speaker 1: I'm just too much.
Speaker 5: I'm not embarrassed at all what I did. If anything, I feel like it gave me clarity on sort of what you're where you stand and what you're looking for. And I mean, I get it, I get why you're you're feeling bad, but like at the end of the day, like you could have easily just not gone on that date, or you could have canceled it, whatever you chose to do that that's totally fine. You were set up. I know that's a little embarrassing, but I just like you don't have to wait each time.
Speaker 3: I don't think that you can gauge in one date like what someone's all about and if they're really serious, Like I owe you nothing, But I feel bad that I couldn't make the choice because I don't know. I wish i'd been more decisive, But I can be decisive right now and tell you that absolutely, we don't need to bother with it because that's my games.
Speaker 1: I'm not interested who you're already cutting it off now.
Speaker 5: I could totally appreciate that, And to be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that you texted me back after you were stood up, asking to hang out again like that same night, I totally have met up for a second date, because you know, I just feel a little about it. But the fact that you text me back right away just kind of showed, like how it felt that I was into you.
Speaker 3: It said that I was into you. Yeah, I mean I want to be the one not showing up. I didn't want to be the no show because that sucks and I know what that feels like. So for whoever the other guy was, I didn't want to be that person. And when he didn't show up, I was relieved and I was like, cool, maybe Vince is still down, Maybe I can fix this.
Speaker 2: You guys are both making it.
Speaker 4: That's a valid point on Jessica's part.
Speaker 5: I can see where she's coming from, and she's probably obviously like like she said, not interested, but she is totally fine. I honestly don't have any hard feelings toward her. If I saw Jessica in the street and we said hello and talked, great, it just.
Speaker 4: Sounds a little aggressive stuff.
Speaker 2: I should just go out and like let your guards down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Jessica, Are you're not going to apologize to Vince for ditching out in the middle of the date?
Speaker 6: Why was shell She ended the date, paid for half the dinner like it was the end of it.
Speaker 4: It's not like she's left in the middle, like he should apologize for her.
Speaker 1: Vince did apologize. He was like, I'm sorry if I set you up for the trap, but you were the one that scheduled another date right after me. Oh, it's not a real enough.
Speaker 4: Ball at all. He said, I'm proud of what I did. Who is this male model friend up to anyway?
Speaker 1: I haven't heard of Jessica apologize once.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like I need to apologize. I did not lie to him. I told him I needed to go. I didn't owe him anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not your it's not your fault, Jessica that his friend was hotter and it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Guys kidding.
Speaker 1: It sounds like we're not going to be able to get another date out of this. For anybody. But did we at least learn an important life lesson from it all?
Speaker 3: Yea online dating is a waste of time.
Speaker 1: Close this show is a waste of time. But you know what, thanks for.
Speaker 4: Playing freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes in these second date updates, you can feel the ships start to sink and we can try and bail it out and try and save it, or sometimes there doesn't really matter. It's going full Titanic. This is gonna sink no matter what, and we just have to chalk it up to a bad day. That was definitely this second date up day. Yeah, there is no chance, but.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure she's going to hit up his hot roommate again.
Speaker 6: Oh you know, the buddy did him a favor for a second.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean he didn't want a date, So.
Speaker 1: I mean she's going to do that just to spite him.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe it'll still be good for her.
Speaker 1: She may even play the long game, like just marry her friend, marry his friend, go all the way up to there just to rub it in his face up on the altar.
Speaker 4: That's kind of weird. How specific you're thinking about.
Speaker 1: Is the ship sinking?
Speaker 4: Get off the ship?
Speaker 1: Jeff, I'm jumping overboard anyway. If you ever want to get a second date up date, you can always email the show. We'll call the person who isn't calling you back