Speaker 1: What you're trying to get into one day, or shown what you're trying to do.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm trying to animate, Yeah, always trying to animate.
Speaker 3: I got I had.
Speaker 2: I had Elder and Calvin over just now and we was lighting my shit and I got a nice little reverse shot to the stuff that I've been working on. I'm really excited. It took from nine to twelve thirty one, which is why I'm late. I not to get the shot to light the shot. Wow, it's animation, so everything moves and the light has to stay consistent.
Speaker 1: You gotta have a lot of patience for that animation.
Speaker 3: You gotta have a lot of patience.
Speaker 1: What I got is true. Do you think there's color is too much for me? Donald? It's loud.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if you were trying to be invisible, like it's like a green screen shirt, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I guess the video team to cut crop. Yes on. The video team could could do something clever with this, Like maybe they could probably give them a clean I'll give them a clean frame and then they could do floating head Zach.
Speaker 3: Very nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, now they can use that and just make me floating here.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: What they can also do is they can put if you stand up just one time and freeze it. They can put the date of your concert that you're throwing in a couple of months.
Speaker 1: On my shirt.
Speaker 3: On your shirt.
Speaker 1: Well, it's March twenty ninth. To put it on there, guys, March twenty ninth at the Greek Theater. Donald, by the way, I meant to ask you, I'm gonna ask you live in front of the listeners. We'll do it live. Well, do it live? Will you be a presenter at the benefit concert and introduce one of the bands with me?
Speaker 3: Is it cold Play?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Then I don't know if I'm available.
Speaker 1: I thought, you know, it's funny, you say, Jesus, you know what's funny about this? You know what's funny about this? I thought that our shtick. Sorry this is a spoiler for those of you coming to the concert, but I thought our stick could be.
Speaker 3: Is it a black guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, no? Is it what you said when I gave Donald the Garden State script?
Speaker 3: Are there any black people in the script? You know?
Speaker 1: And then to which I responded, yes, there are two black men in the movie. And you said, am I right for any of them? And I said, I already gave up. No, I said, from one of them, you're not right, and for the one you are right. For I already gave to method man, to which you replied, then I don't need to read the script.
Speaker 3: The script.
Speaker 1: And he never reade it read it. And I thought we could tell that story to the audience.
Speaker 3: Sounds great.
Speaker 1: And then I thought the other story we could tell. Sorry, this is a spoiler for any of you coming to the concert. The other story I thought we could tell would be it would be a do you remember we did a friends and family swing of Garden State, maybe like a fifty to one hundred people who I knew were like, you know, just just so we could get feedback.
Speaker 3: That was the That was the wrong choice of words.
Speaker 2: You can't say to get feedback, because I gave feedback.
Speaker 1: And a funny story is that the movie had an ending that I needed to trim. It was too it was too dark, and it kind of was multiple endings, but I was clutching onto it. I really didn't want to let it go. And Danny DeVito, who was the executive producer on a movie, he led the focus group after watching the movie and said to all of my friends and family and people that worked with the movie, they said, does anyone feel like the movie has too many endings? One hand shoots up in the center of the audience, Donald Faizon, and he's got that looked at him.
Speaker 3: I I look at him.
Speaker 2: I go I said to him, Yo, I'm sorry, dog, but it does have too many endings.
Speaker 3: Man, I feel like it wants too many times.
Speaker 2: I was like, he was right away, you come back, you know what I mean, Like, it just seems like, what is it gonna be?
Speaker 3: Is she gonna be alone? Is she gonna be with you?
Speaker 1: Oh? That part I I cut the I cut them sort of ending. That was a sad part of the ending that I cut. But you were right, you and Danny DeVito and everybody else, Bill Laurence, everyone who gave me notes was right that I needed to trim the ending. But the point was that I wasn't ready. I wasn't there yet, and I was certainly not expecting my best friend to be the one who shoots hand up to Dany de Vito and be like, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Really started laughing. You started laughing. You're like this ninja.
Speaker 1: Because everybody else like even if they were thinking it. They're my friends and my family. They might they were trying to I imagine if I was in that situation, you're like trying to think, like, what's the tackful way to do this? I probably should tell Zach I agree with Danny, but maybe I'll do it in private. This dude's arms shut up. I have things to say.
Speaker 2: I got notes. I think I believe our friendship is like that though. I believe if I had something and you were like, it doesn't work, you would say right away it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Well, what I mean? I would say that your wife does that all the time. Yeah, we an't around. She doesn't censor.
Speaker 3: Birds of a feather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah she My wife doesn't censor at all.
Speaker 1: And then when you get in an argument where you're like, what the fuck, she's like, I'm just keeping it rail, don't y'all want me to keep it rail?
Speaker 3: Yes, prospector no judgments.
Speaker 1: She also says, no judgments. I'm just keeping no judgments, y'all. All right, no judgments, y'all. That's what she says before she drops some crazy ship. All right, no judgments, y'all, And then she says something crazy, outrageous and you're like, oh, I agreed to no judgments.
Speaker 3: I said no judgments.
Speaker 1: I inadvertently signed up for no judgments, but I have judgments. She doesn't give you a chance to say whether you sign up for no judgments. She just says no judgments and then launches into some shit might have judgments about?
Speaker 3: She does not give a ship so much?
Speaker 1: Don't she get the Grammys? Yo?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: That was pretty impressive, man, so good.
Speaker 4: I want to Broadway Musical number performance Ala Matilda.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Texting the whole time, all of them, that whole that whole new.
Speaker 1: Artist the new artist section.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that single one of the best New Artist category I've seen in a really really really really long time.
Speaker 1: But it's usually just one flips off the piano. I don't even know that dude, Vincent, please by the way.
Speaker 2: I want you, I need you, O gun, don't take There's beautiful things.
Speaker 1: That a god dog by the way. I've heard that song, of course, all over the internet, but I've never seen what he looks like, nor that he was such an incredible performer. I mean, that was amazing.
Speaker 2: That out of all of them, in my opinion, he's the best performer.
Speaker 1: But out slowed downn't She was fucking amazing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, but I'm trying. This motherfucker is just himself on the stage doing flips. Had a lot of props going on, so did Serena, no doubt. But the ones that he had just a piano and him.
Speaker 4: And a sparkling ones and a band.
Speaker 2: And a sparkly ones freaking uh what's your name?
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 5: Uh uh?
Speaker 2: The shoot pink, the pony chaperone. She had a freaking whole thing too, you know what I mean, Like everybody had some type of uh uh you know.
Speaker 1: Performance production.
Speaker 2: It's just him and the flips, and and and and the and the onesie.
Speaker 1: He was he was hot. They cut to sizzle in the front row after she was all hot and bothered. Do you see her face?
Speaker 3: That boy got it. That boy got it.
Speaker 2: All of them got it though. That was the thing that was the thing that was so amazing. Everyone in that category had, even the band that really didn't sing, they were just playing the music they had.
Speaker 1: It was the English singer I don't know her either, May something with an m Ray Ray. She was incredible.
Speaker 4: She's delightful. Lovey oh.
Speaker 1: I had never heard of her. She was in I mean, since this is why the Grammys are good, as you that little section where you get to learn all these musicians you didn't even ever heard of before that. I didn't know. Shaboozy was like country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exclusively, that's Dolly Parton's godson.
Speaker 3: Really, the dude was getting no shine until freaking Beyonce.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: She did blow him up. But after he had a number one track for like a record, breaking him out of weeks. So he did the Tipsy Song remix. It was country that took over. And then he appeared on two tracks on the.
Speaker 1: Okay and then all right, wait what about there was so much How about a re evo singing that song for Jones?
Speaker 4: Jones moment, I was a little bit beside myself was really beautiful.
Speaker 2: IM gonna keep a one hundred. Will Smith did seem a little he was a little shook, you know.
Speaker 1: I thought it was accept me.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna? Are you gonna? Am I? Are we cool?
Speaker 6: Yet?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought it was weird, like if you're gonna, if you're gonna, if you're gonna come back, don't come back. In an award show. It's just to me. It could have anonymous stomach.
Speaker 4: It's a music awards. They didn't exactly like my kids are here and hang out. I guess what do you.
Speaker 1: Think, Joelle? What would Joelle? You didn't you didn't have a pit in your stomach. When you saw Will Smith at an award show, I was like, really, what.
Speaker 3: About his son? What about his son's a hat?
Speaker 1: And I loved him something. The kid knows how to trend. The kid knows how to eis does try. Everyone's like everyone falls for it. Every time. He's like, I'm gonna wear a house in my head and then everyone talks about it. It makes memes and he's like, I wont everyone's talking about me?
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Sounds like like he knows how to get that attention. Man, he's good at that. Ship man is amazing.
Speaker 1: He has mastered the art of I would like to be trending all over the internet. Yes, I'm gonna wear a house on my head.
Speaker 2: He wore a house on his head.
Speaker 1: I saw a funny meme where someone put like an angry face in the hole where his was. It was like it was like Dad's dads. When someone's turning around in your Driveway. Well, I thought it was a very entertaining show. Most importantly, I just thought it showcased so much talent, and those categories were like, how could you possibly by our friend? Andrew Watt won two Grammys, one for Die with a Smile and one for Best Rock Album for The Rolling Stones.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say something really quick.
Speaker 1: Wait before you do, I just want to say.
Speaker 3: It has something to do with Andrew to remember.
Speaker 1: I just want to say that. Then they dropped that whole Gaga god. Yeah, Andrew wrote that.
Speaker 4: Well He's back and Cheese back.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: They killed it the way the girls were like to the club immediately added to the hit playlist, like the New Workout album, the New Dance Club song It's Fire.
Speaker 1: Kid Is. He won, He won Best Rock Producer with The Stones. Then he wins whatever the category was for Die with a Smile. And then they showed they debut that whole Lady Gaga fucking music video and he wrote that.
Speaker 3: Song I'm gonna say something, Go ahead. I feel like.
Speaker 2: Charlotte Lawrence got a lot of face time at the Grammys. Yeah, and she looked amazing, And I believe now is the time to capitalize because I know a lot of people were saying, who's that lovely girl right there?
Speaker 3: Who's that? Who is that pretty young lady right there?
Speaker 2: I know there were some fire I know there were several people wondering who she was.
Speaker 1: Well, they're going to find out in twenty twenty five, Donalds.
Speaker 2: I believe, so. I believe now is the time to strike because the iron is hot.
Speaker 1: And when you have her on a podcast, she will come songs of earphones.
Speaker 3: She will have a dongle.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she will search for a dongle and only have a butt plug. This is an easter egg for those of you who listen to the podcast regularly. What you're trying to get into a dare what you're trying to do? How about this? We shouldn't talk about it, but this Baldoni uh Blake Lively thing, that's just good hands.
Speaker 3: That is nuts And I don't know what to believe at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not gonna We're not gonna go down there.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be. I don't want to be.
Speaker 1: I started reading. I spent way too much time reading the website.
Speaker 3: Be involved, you know, I do not don't want any of the smoke.
Speaker 1: Trying to get involved, but didn't read any Did you read any of the website?
Speaker 4: I read everything a gas the text message change. I was like, this is wild. But then even if you like take a step back and you're like, Okay, I'm not sure this is all just stuff that's been admitted into evidence.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I follow a ton of lawyers on Instagram. They've been breaking it down for me and they're like, so this is like not all of this stuff is We're one hundred. We don't know the source of where these texts came from is kind of a mystery, Like how true is everything? And then like all the stuff playing out in the news. I like the judge I think yesterday was like, hey, guys, if I keep seeing stuff in the news, we're gonna have a real problem. Like this has got to stop.
Speaker 3: Let me just ask a question.
Speaker 2: Did the judge say the gag order does not there's no such thing as a gag order in this situation.
Speaker 3: You can't gag you. Is that what happened?
Speaker 4: I think what he was just saying is he called both sides of lawyers to the bench and was essentially like, you guys cannot keep leaking stuff too. So I don't think there. I'm not sure there's an official gag order or not, but he's definitely displeased that all of this was playing out when it's an active court case.
Speaker 1: What's bizarre is that. I mean, it's just so a lot of this stuff happens all the time in Hollywood, but the fact that everyone's got receipts, it's so crazy. Yeah, crazy, dude.
Speaker 3: The receipts are the.
Speaker 1: Receipts are flowing like a river.
Speaker 3: Holy cow. It's like that thing.
Speaker 2: You remember that little typewriter that you had as a kid, the money counter thing, and you will pretend you were an accountant or she just kept coming out. The paper just kept coming out. That's what the receipts are like.
Speaker 1: Right, I love that thing. I love that CALCULI I was a cashier at the supermarket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what the receipts.
Speaker 1: To get one of those on eBay for no reason, just to.
Speaker 4: Have you guys just keep in business.
Speaker 5: Holy cow.
Speaker 4: Do you have Katie here when you are ready?
Speaker 1: I can't let her in, but I again, we don't know anything, audience, but it is a fascinating story, and.
Speaker 3: We don't want to be involved either.
Speaker 1: We don't do not want to be involved like Cads. I'm not doing a deep dive like Candae owns. Candace Owes has pivoted to full time investigator of this story. I found myself about to be like, oh my god, am I going to click on a Candace Owens video? I was like, you cannot. I was curious about what she had to say.
Speaker 4: Let me AlCl rhythm please.
Speaker 1: Joelle for real. I was like, I don't want my algorithm to go down to the Candice Owen's wormhole. But I was curious about her thoughts on the issue. Yeah, because told me that, uh that she's gone all in.
Speaker 4: It looks to the lifetime movie when all of this is a result.
Speaker 1: Uh oh yeah, I want to I want to play justice is it?
Speaker 2: Isn't Michael Moore doing a freaking uh a documentary on it?
Speaker 1: Is that his name Michael?
Speaker 4: That would be wild?
Speaker 1: What Michael Moore like social issues? He's not.
Speaker 3: This is a social issue.
Speaker 1: It's a issue. It's a Hollywood he said. She said, it says took over a movie and socially everyone is more. Michael Moore does who fucking took down Michigan? Literally Andy Wire?
Speaker 4: Michael Moore teases what something and may have to do with the lively Aboutdony legal dispute. This is according to Indy Wire, which I trust them.
Speaker 1: That Donald I'm sorry, but it's not a social issue. But that is crazy that he's doing. Why is Michael Moore doing a story about this?
Speaker 3: Because everyone is invested. Everyone wants to everyone.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 4: I don't care if you think about the me Too. Movie's really interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm the opposite of Daniel. I am very invested because that people are invested. Listen, I just want to say, because this a lot of this stuff happens behind the scenes and people never see it, and people in Hollywood swallow it and they bury it and it never gets discussed. And because this is so public, and because both parties have such lengthy receipts, it is kind of fascinating. It's horrible for all the people involved having their dirty laundry aired, but it is sort of fascinating to everyone because this happened. This kind of bullshit in Shenanigan happens all the time.
Speaker 3: This is like the O J.
Speaker 2: Troud, This is like the Menindez trials. This is like freaking uh without murder. Somebody somebody's character is gonna get murdered at the end of this. Somebody's going down. Somebody there's a winner and a loser. It's got to be It's not nobody. It's not gonna be Hey, you know what, you both are right, We're gonna separate it one. Somebody's going down. I don't know who it is, but somebody's got to take the fall for how.
Speaker 1: About the whole like, how about the whole side quest of fucking the allegation that that that nice Pool is based on Justin and.
Speaker 4: It's like at dis a Justin Planet, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: And that, And then in the credits for for Deadpool, what did they do?
Speaker 4: They Ryan has a character who he called like he's played in another movie that was his twin. It's like, oh no, it was for any one of you know. Ryan's big thing is that he partners with brands to release different commercials that are timely, ineffective and like whatever's in the zeitgeist in the moment. So at one point he was interviewing himself and his twin was named like greg or something, and they gave a thank you credit to Greg in the at the end of the Deadpool thing, and people think that that's like Greg was playing nice Pool and nice Pool is like it's supposed to be a reference to Justin Boldoonney. I don't know if any of this is true, but these are the theories people have come up with online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because nice Pool. I didn't see the movie, but nice Pool apparently like says like, I'm I have a podcast on women's issues and he's got a man bun like Justin.
Speaker 4: This is one of those things that he should have just swallowed though, because that's like man bun has a podcast. It's so broad, but you're bringing it up and being like that's me makes people go hmmm, hit dog hollering. Maybe what's going on a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is there's gonna be a winner and there's gonna be a loser. It's not gonna be.
Speaker 4: She's got more money than God and a following think.
Speaker 1: So Joelle, I don't think she's winning currently in the zeitgeist, in the in the public court of public opinion.
Speaker 4: She'll go through the same thing all women do, which is, once you're accused, a whole bunch of people will be like, we believe she's awful and we hate her. And and she had her wedding at like on a plantation. It's awful, but she is Ryan Reynolds money behind her. She was again more money than God. Justin Valdi doesn't have any of that, and enough people will.
Speaker 1: On a plantation.
Speaker 4: She sure did. She did, And that's why black women do not like Blake.
Speaker 1: What was the theme?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of not really, It's like, oh, Antebellum, classy kind of vibes, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like girls them blade them blade the lady Anabellum changed the name because lady and because Annabellum is not it is not appropriate.
Speaker 1: All right. We can talk forever about all these fun issues, but I think we should We shouldn't fight our guests. In Donald that about sure we made about a bunch of.
Speaker 5: I said, he's so.
Speaker 6: Yea yeah, my k. How are you welco?
Speaker 1: I was just thinking about how many things I have to ask you. I don't even know where to begin.
Speaker 2: The last time I saw Joshua Raiding concert?
Speaker 1: Is that the last time you saw Katie Lows?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is.
Speaker 7: I love Joshua Raiding, God, I love him.
Speaker 5: He I mean, my husband likes him. I really like him. But my husband's like, I think my husband would leave me for Joshua Raid And that's how much my man.
Speaker 7: That man's sweet sweet vocals really enticed my husband.
Speaker 3: Your husband is a man of Whisper Rock.
Speaker 2: I remember the sound, and I.
Speaker 5: Wait, there's one other guy in the Whisper Rock. What is his name?
Speaker 1: Oh god? Here Harry Brothers.
Speaker 5: Oh and Adam loves Carrie Brothers more dating, he loves him. But there's one more.
Speaker 7: Oh god, oh god, I want to text him so bad. Oh god, it's like an interesting name. He's in the Josh Rayden Crew. It was my tenth wedding anniversary. We were a napa. The guy saying it's a whisper I mean it's like like you can't even.
Speaker 5: Clink a glass, like in the ball when you're listening. It's horrific. I mean, it's like scary.
Speaker 1: Even when Josh comes on the podcast, he takes on this character voice that is not really how he talks in real life, but he plays this guy. He's like, it just has everybody so nice. Whisper Rock is so wonderful.
Speaker 3: It's so nice to be here.
Speaker 1: Just to be here.
Speaker 7: I think he's going to be the sing like he Because of that, I feel like we'll be singing till he's like a hundred right, Like I feel like I've yelled so much of my life, and I feel like my voice is already just tracked.
Speaker 1: Well, you have a really good voice. Let's start off talking about you, our guest.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: You're in one of my favorite musicals, Waitress. I love Waitress. I have a very special place in my heart for Waitress. Okay, Well, I love sar Moelis more than anything. And be Nick Cordero, our friend that we lost was was in the original cast and I saw the show so many times with many different actresses. But you and and your husband did it together. How cute is that?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, we yeah, it was kind.
Speaker 1: Of you were Dawn.
Speaker 7: I assume I was down, you know, the me and Adam were the side comedy reliefs.
Speaker 5: Which to next where.
Speaker 1: Christ Fitzgerald played Adam's original party and I love that party comes in and he steals the whole show.
Speaker 7: Oh, the show literally stops halfway through. His character has a big number that stops the plot.
Speaker 5: Everyone's up on their feet.
Speaker 7: Because it's comedic, musical theater Gene. But Sarah Burrellas was a friend of Adam's for a long time. You know, we would go see her at Hotel cafe with like twenty people at the beginning of her career and.
Speaker 5: Yes, and she was such a superstar.
Speaker 7: And one morning we had a seven month old baby, we got a text from her that was like, how would you guys like to make your Broadway debuts together? And that is so cute and we were like, wait, wait, wait, hold on a second. Then fear sets in. I can't do it. I'm terrified.
Speaker 5: What are we doing?
Speaker 7: And we were also fans of the musical too, because we were friends with Sarah and had watched it a million times because she wrote it and then she starred in it.
Speaker 1: So we By the way, for those of you who don't know the show, this couple is the epicenter of the comic relief. I mean, everyone's got jokes, but this couple that they play is the are the silliest and the funniest and.
Speaker 5: We get married eight times a week in the show.
Speaker 3: That's the other thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's cute. But so after she said would you be into it?
Speaker 5: Then we had to audition a million times, which was.
Speaker 1: Wait, why she offered you the part of then said would you be lean the audition?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Well, she was like, would you want to do it?
Speaker 7: We were like, yes, we would move to New York tomorrow with our baby.
Speaker 5: We'd figure it out. And but then she was like, but can you hack it? I mean, this is.
Speaker 7: Broadway people, This is the hardest am I left a curse on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can say shit, oh god, oh don't say fuck. We just don't say fuck.
Speaker 7: It was the hardest ship I have ever done. I so when you we auditioned a bunch of times. We had to send in a bunch of tapes. And I can sing the shit out of that Dawn solo one time. I can do it once and then I can't talk for two weeks.
Speaker 5: So I sold it.
Speaker 7: We booked the parts within seven days, we'd moved to New York, and in fourteen days we opened on Broadway.
Speaker 5: That's the amount of rehearsal you get.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I got goosebumps.
Speaker 3: It well.
Speaker 7: I cried every day I thought I couldn't do it. Thank God for my husband was like, just give it one more day, Just give it one more day, Just give it one more day.
Speaker 5: I think we got I know, I know, you guys.
Speaker 1: Are such a cute couple. It really is nauseating.
Speaker 5: It's nauseating.
Speaker 2: I had to sit them at the Joshua Raiding concert that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weere, they probably are probably can noodling and rubbing noses.
Speaker 7: No, we as sadly asn't into PDAs at all. I ask them all the time. I'm like, can you hold my hand? Can you like kiss my neck? Like any of the ship from the beginning, we're so we're like old bickering.
Speaker 2: You guys have touched at the hip. You might not have been like all over each other, but you got pretty like, eh, this is my person.
Speaker 1: I wait, go back to the story. Go back to this story, because I I I I love Holy shit, I am about to open on Broadway and I'm not ready, and it was I was not ready.
Speaker 7: I've never run it. I'd never run it. I mean when they when you do, see Okay. My understanding is if you originate a Broadway character, which I've never done, you get a ton of rehearsal, there's workshops, there's notes in all this. But if you're a pudd in, which is what we were, you get just put into people who came out of a show that already works, that's up and running.
Speaker 1: So explain to people that don't know theater at all, Yeah, what are your When do you rehearse on your own? Of course, and you rehearse with the musical director, but when are you rehearsing with the cast before you go live in from an audience?
Speaker 7: You rehearse with the understudies for about a week in change before and then you rehearse with the stage manager who's sort of playing like fifteen roles, which is just on in a rehearsal studio that's just taped out the size of the stage. And then you get one put in rehearsal the day of your opening on a moving set that has revolving floors. You've never done it with the real cast. I'd never done it with the band.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm getting so nervous. You did this? You get what did you ever rehearse with the band before you went on the stage that day?
Speaker 7: You get one put in rehearsal with the band on the stage with all the real props, with the cast one and then you do it that night And I can remember standing backstage, I had a seven month old baby, and I was saying, this might be TMI, but my mantra was, you pushed a baby out of your vagina, you could do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like I just was like.
Speaker 7: I already face Yeah, I had already faced my biggest fear, which was birthing a person and like surviving to tell the story. And that was already scary enough from like those seventh grade health videos of what birth looks like. But anyway, I survived that, and I was like, then I can do this. But actually this was worse. This was worse than birth. This was worse.
Speaker 1: This was Wait, when you when you're in the pocket and you're feeling it and you're getting laughs, do you start to get confident.
Speaker 7: As soon as as soon as you guys know you're such gamer.
Speaker 1: We've both done theater, and I can say for me, every single show, I was nervous until I got a first laugh, and then I'd be like, Okay, they're with me.
Speaker 2: Now, that's how you that's how you knew that how the night was gonna go if I got you know, I remember I opened up a play with the first line and.
Speaker 3: The nights that I didn't get to laugh and there wasn't. There wasn't a lot of them. There wasn't.
Speaker 5: Oh god, that's because you're a genius.
Speaker 2: But few but the one, two, three, four times that I didn't, Oh my god, I knew right there now this is going to be a long fucking good this is going to be a long night.
Speaker 7: There's nothing like like, I'm such a I didn't know I was ever going to do TV and film, like I. I grew up in New York, like my mother talks like this, I grew up in Ozone Park, Queens like I just thought I was going to be a Broadway kid, come hell of high water. Like I remember my mother being like, you should take drivers ed and I was like, why, I'm going to live in New York forever. I'm never going to fucking drive a car. It doesn't matter. And by twenty four now in New York, I was so over waiting tables, and I had done off Broadway, you know, off Broadway for two hundred and fifty dollars a week, a million times over. And then someone was like, I think you should try LA for three months, and I did and told my parents I'd be home in three months.
Speaker 5: And then I just never went home, I met my husband.
Speaker 7: Right you know, you start getting I didn't get anything right away.
Speaker 5: I waitressed here too forever. You guys were would you? Were you guys regulars at Ammo? I feel like I must have waited on you.
Speaker 3: Where's AMMO at?
Speaker 7: Amma was on Highland just north of Santa Monica Boulevard.
Speaker 5: It was a.
Speaker 1: Big Now it's salts Care.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right, Zach, because.
Speaker 1: I'm an investor in Saltz Care, so I know exactly where AMMO is.
Speaker 5: Okay, So AMMA was like I.
Speaker 1: Actually never really went there, but I know maybe once or twice, but I remember it was a hotspot.
Speaker 7: It was a big power hour lunch, like producers and you know, directors and people would meet there because Highland was in between studios in the valley and studios and how.
Speaker 1: Coming from Paramount, it was perfect exactly.
Speaker 5: So I waited there forever.
Speaker 7: But you know, I kept getting like, oh, you're testing, you're testing, and so it felt like if I went home to New York, like I was quitting or something. But theater is always going to be my it's my love. But to bring it back around, there's nothing more than every time I sign up to do a play on backstage every night, every performance, saying why did I do this to myself? Why would I put myself through this? This is insane? Why would I put myself out there to be judged by people?
Speaker 1: And with seven thirty, Right in seven thirty, you hear this is your half hour call. This is your half hour call, and right then you're like, why did I sign up for this?
Speaker 2: I just I just remember when they when that call would come out, this is the half hour call.
Speaker 3: I would take the script out and.
Speaker 2: Go over every fucking line or at speed through the whole fucking thing, because I did not want to forget anything.
Speaker 3: Let me just go through this ship one more time, just to make sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even I've done on so many performances.
Speaker 2: So many I don't want to mess up. I don't want to lose, you know what I mean? I remember that speaking of uh being what did you call the term being a put in?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Put in? I never heard that, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the first time I ever heard of that. We had an understudy on the We had a bunch of understudies, and we never I never met the understudies ever. I think we met them once, right, and we never rehearsed with them or anything. And this guy, it's crazy, this guy marcelle Spears, who's now on the neighborhood. He played this character in the play called Slenderman. It was we were doing Picasso the Lapanagile. We played Slenderman. And it's the hardest part in the show because you have to come in for one scene and kill it and then are off stage. Hardest part in the show, and everybody wants to do that part because it's also the.
Speaker 3: Funniest part in the show too.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: The understudy comes in and we've never rehearsed with the understudy. Marcel's in, Marcel's in La testing for the neighborhood or some shit like that, or one of this shows. No, he did a show with evet Nicole Brown before that. The understudy comes in and he has too we now know he has two nights. The first night it's not the same, dude, it's not the same at all, Like it's it's just dead. The audience doesn't laugh or any.
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, my god, and Marcel gets Marcel walks off stage and gets standing ovations, you know what I mean, Like that's how good he was in this this dude comes in and leaves.
Speaker 2: Hal Lindon has the line after Slenderman leaves, he goes, what the hell was that? And that was the biggest laugh that that line ever got. Oh my god, just because so bad, so bad?
Speaker 5: Oh God.
Speaker 2: Now granted, the second night, the kid redeems himself. He gets applause when he leaves, and you know, it was great, But the first night it was, it was.
Speaker 1: Well, it's such a big ask to go on stage. I mean, an understudy has such a hard task because they haven't done it. And they haven't you know, an actor gets an actor who has the part, gets to rehearse it, gets to.
Speaker 5: Figure chemistry with the people, like, oh god, did you guys get to the point. I got to the point.
Speaker 7: I have to say, though, like I couldn't do it now, but when Adam and I got it, and like I said, I could only sing the song once. So when we first started doing it, I honestly didn't know if I could do eight shows a week. And I remember like we were we were every morning like like just using like sign language hands for everything to save your voice. We weren't going out to any restaurants in New York that were loud with friends who would come to see the show, like absolutely not.
Speaker 5: It was all about saving voice.
Speaker 7: And I can remember I was paying this Broadway voice coach ajillion dollars to keep my voice in check and all this, and then I come into my dressing room the first night and I have a personal nebulizer and a scarf around my I mean, I am I am playing the I mean, I am really doing this. And I said to her, Oh, okay, this is my vocal warm up. Like we're sharing a dressing room. I don't know what private space you need, but like this is my like no.
Speaker 5: No, no, no no no, like.
Speaker 7: Like doing all my stuff. And I was like, what's your warm up? So I give you space? And this is an amazing actress, Tony nominated, like Retha Franklin. Voice incredible And she just looks at me and she was like, I drink a PEPSI that's her one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I was like, oh my god, I am fucked. Like I can't do this.
Speaker 3: I can't do this.
Speaker 1: Who is who is the lead? Jenna?
Speaker 5: Jenna?
Speaker 1: Who did it?
Speaker 7: We started with Kat McFee, which was wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love He's perfect for it. By the way I almost I almost was. Do you know that I almost did the part with Kat McFee? Why did you he may have been in the show together. You know what happened. I got cold feet because I Saron knew how much I love the show, and she eventually and I'm daydream about dream daydreaming about it to everyone.
Speaker 5: You would have been amazing.
Speaker 1: I made it known that it was my daydream. But you know what, I got cold feet because Drew Gailing has the most insane voice, and he originated the role. And I listened to the soundtrack and I'm like, I just I would feel And I even said to Sarah, I said, I can't sing like Drew. I can carry a tune. She goes, It's okay, we'll make it. We'll make it fit for you. And I was like, I know, but the audience who's listened to the soundtrack and heard Drew fucking Gailing, they're expecting like runs and harmonies and all this stuff that it's just I can't sing like that.
Speaker 5: And I loved you would have found others listen.
Speaker 1: I would have found other stuff and I would have made them laugh with my own thing. But I just got in my head about about again. I'm not, I'm not. This isn't false humility. I can carry a tune, but Drew has a preposterous voice, and I just kind of got in my head about it and I didn't.
Speaker 2: That's like, that's like me saying, yo, you know what. I always wanted to play Alphaba after after the seam.
Speaker 1: Actually, Donald has I would love for once in his life for Donald to do a Broadway musical because he legit has a holy ship voice. I didn't only singing these t mobile ads. We oh you know Clugman. Of course we sing these ads. And then then they're like, all right, Donald, would you mind laying down like seven harmonies? And he does it. Donald comes up with the harmonies with them, does them, and then I go to it singing. I'm like, do you guys want me to lay down any harmonies?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: No, No, we're good. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Were you a singer? Donald? Like you sing?
Speaker 2: I was in a band when I was a kid, and you know, I grew up in musical theater at the National Black Theater and horror ship like that, and so my parents performed all the time, and that was our thing. We used to you know, you remember vacation when they're on the road singing the Marty Moose song or the.
Speaker 3: Wally World song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you just sang all the time. Oh, I love that.
Speaker 7: I have to say, I hope I get like I would love to do it again because now, like I have to say, by the end of it, like how we started being so careful and freaked out. By the end, I was like the rest of the bitches and the chorus that was like I was out at all the restaurants, so four o'clock nor I was smoking cigar, I.
Speaker 5: Was drinking, I wasn't warming up. I didn't give a shit, Like it.
Speaker 7: Was so great because when you finally have done one hundred and seventy five or two hundred and.
Speaker 5: Fifty shows what happens to.
Speaker 7: Your body and your chords is like it's like if you did a hundred crunches every day, like obviously you just get stronger and stronger. And I did my I could just do it. I could just do it. I could talk all night the night before gas bagging, blah blah blah. So now that I know that, that's the thing, I feel like if I ever got the opportunity to do it again, and I would have a better time.
Speaker 1: That's you can't do. I mean to me, like half the fun of doing a Broadway show is the fun you have after and going out with friends and all the enjoying New York City together.
Speaker 7: That's where I saw. I saw you at Bar Centrall Zach or is it bars and Trolley? I don't even know how you say whichever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of my haunts.
Speaker 5: That's my one haunts. My one of my haunts as well.
Speaker 7: I was just coming off of I do like a Broadway two weeks every year week I go see like every.
Speaker 5: Show I try.
Speaker 7: And I was coming off of Stereophonic, and you were coming off of Inappropriate I think, or you had seen Inappropriate the night before we.
Speaker 5: Were on it. We were on the same.
Speaker 7: Tray, we were cragging about. We were at Bar Centrall, we were with casts. We were drinking the drinks. I'm having my Negronie, I'm having my.
Speaker 2: Fris collection the gronies too. You guys went away back home to New York, to the Tri State area, and somebody said, you know what you need to drink is a motherfucking the GRONI and.
Speaker 3: All y'allm up, y'all. Oh you Broadway types. I'm having to Gronie, Oh, I love.
Speaker 1: I want to say, our friend Preston Boyd. You know Preston Boyd?
Speaker 5: No, who's that.
Speaker 1: He's our friend And he has the most insane voice of anybody I know. And he was He just did the Leyman's tour as Javert.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I said to him thing about I said, do you ever want to play Jean Valjean because he has the voice to do it? And he goes, no, I mean the guy who plays Jean Valjean. I mean, he really can't go out. He can't do anything. He's got to be like he's like, he's like, he's like he's got to go home. He's got to do all this shit you're talking about nebulizers and los andes. He's like, I want to go have fun, So like i'd better play Javert. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I agree that they also have all these like what I loved about it too, they have all these people, like they have the like Broadway doctor that comes and shoots you up with steroids when you lose your voice. They have the Broadway doctor that stops by and shoots B twelve shots, like and everyone's asked to get through a five show weekend. You're really like part of a whole whole system of insanity.
Speaker 1: But singing with a band, I mean, how fun. I mean I did Bullet of a Broadway and well it was great. We had a twenty five piece orchestra, I mean, and it was just like it was one of the highest highs of my life.
Speaker 7: Oh, I love that, guys. We should do Waitress in La starring us. Let's check Sarah brellas right now. We could just do like a four limited show engagement.
Speaker 1: Donald could sing the Doctor Palmerer part like a motherfucker. We should do that because I remember McPhee was who they were thinking I was going to be opposite of, and then who came on after mci.
Speaker 5: Then we had Nicolette Robinson. Oh, yes, I know her, who is amazing and married her Donald.
Speaker 1: Oh, she has an insane voice and she's married.
Speaker 5: To Leslie Odom Junior.
Speaker 1: Leslie Odom Junior.
Speaker 2: So when there was a Smash, it was like a Smash reunion.
Speaker 5: Are you into Smash?
Speaker 1: Oh? We both love Smash.
Speaker 3: You went to Smash.
Speaker 5: I'm the most into Smash, you know.
Speaker 1: When I went and did a Broadway show. But I went and when I went and did a Broadway show, I was so into Smash And I went to like all the all the dancers and everyone saying, so are you guys watching Smash? And They're like, no, what the fuck are you talking about? And I was like, I was so geeked to talk Smash with.
Speaker 2: I ran up, I ran up on the guy from the dude that what's the guy that dates?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Why am I forgetting names? Right now?
Speaker 7: If I Lexington fifty second Street, that's the one I always say.
Speaker 2: I love because history was made at night. Son turned out the nights and listen.
Speaker 1: Donald, you know the musical of the show, know.
Speaker 7: Can we.
Speaker 3: Did you know?
Speaker 1: You didn't know?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Smash? Smash the musical is set to open on Broadway.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, just starring my friend cast. It has a great cast, like solid, solid cast.
Speaker 5: We should all go.
Speaker 1: Who was playing McFee?
Speaker 7: Hold on, let's look this separation audition for McFee. You definitely should have. And I will never forget Smash on Broadway. Wait, hold on, I will never.
Speaker 1: Forget such a crush on her on that show.
Speaker 7: Oh she was the hottest of the hot are you she also is let me be stuff, come on like that was sanger. Well, I've embarrassed the ship out of myself and I'm gonna look up in one second. But when I I embarrassed myself when I I was at an upfront party and Leslie Odam Junior was there and this is pre Hamilton.
Speaker 5: Pre anything before he was a household name.
Speaker 7: Before any of this, and I went running up to him and I said, your work on smash is.
Speaker 1: Serious.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: I was like, I was like, whatever.
Speaker 7: The drink before Nigrony was in New York, whatever it was, I was on it. And I was saying to him that my husband and I your words.
Speaker 5: Oh, I clutched my pearls.
Speaker 7: And I've seen him recently and we still talk about it and I still bring it up and he remembers it, and he was like he thought I was kind of joking. I think, but wait, okay, hold on this cast is it look? The photos look amazing. I think we should go.
Speaker 2: I think I just can't believe that it made it to Broadway. It's a great idea, dude, That's what the show is about.
Speaker 1: You. They're Broadway, They're not doing this. You're clear they're not doing the show within the show they're doing. They're doing the whole They're doing the idea of like a company trying to launch a musical.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, I know that, but that was the when I first.
Speaker 1: Heard about it, I was like, Oh, I hope they're not just doing the show.
Speaker 7: Marilyn Monroe Chrystal Rodriguez, who was originally in the TV show too, and I've seen her in a million Broadway shows. She's in it too. She's playing Tracy. I don't remember anybody's names, but here's I remember when they made the Tea V show that the intention was that there was if it was a success, which it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Our hearts and minds.
Speaker 3: There were two seasons.
Speaker 1: Hey, we were the only three people watching it, We really were.
Speaker 7: But I thought the original idea was that it was supposed to always be a Broadway show too.
Speaker 1: Yeah am I, But back then it may have been that they were going to then launch the shows in the show.
Speaker 3: Right, But they didn't season right.
Speaker 2: Season two, they completely scrapped the show and it's no longer in existence.
Speaker 1: And these guys are a smash rewatch podcast.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, can I be a guest can I be there would.
Speaker 1: Be no audience of four of us would be the only audience.
Speaker 3: It would be.
Speaker 1: It would us and mcpee. Listen.
Speaker 2: The cast is so.
Speaker 5: Good that, like I on became stars the stars, Let me be your star.
Speaker 1: Do you know brook Know who's that Brooks hysterical Broadway character actor. He's very gay and very flamboyant, and he's fucking hilarious. And he's playing the director.
Speaker 4: I know who he is.
Speaker 7: Yes, he's playing the director in the musical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one aspect they've changed from the show. I texted him when there was a press release. I go, who are you playing? McPhee and he goes, no, I'm the director.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I think it's gonna be.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm impressed that they've gotten the funding and everything. I mean, to make a Broadway musical is so expensive. It's like so that somebody must believe that there's an audience.
Speaker 1: I will be seated, Katie Os, I will be seated.
Speaker 7: I will be as well like front. Okay, let's find out when it opens. But anyway, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. All right, let's talk about other things since we only have you a limited time.
Speaker 5: Sorry, sorry, I can talk about Broadway.
Speaker 1: I have to admit something. I never watched Scandal, but I know that that was your big breakthrough.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I love on.
Speaker 1: Where I can contribute is that that Tony Goldwyn is one of my favorite people on the planet.
Speaker 9: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And he's the nicest person I've ever met.
Speaker 4: That was my.
Speaker 5: That was my meet cute with you, if we can use that word.
Speaker 1: I remember bond over Tony Goldman.
Speaker 5: Yes, we were at Brian Klugman's beach shack.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we were Brian Clugman for those of you the audience, Just to remind you, he's our friend, but also the don draper of all things t Mobile. He writes all the tim Oblads and Katie knows him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I'd like to be an extra in the next spot you do. Thanks so much, Brian Klugman. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 7: I love Brian Klugman. He has been a friend of my husband's for a million years. They grew up together in Philadelphia. They're big Eagles people and my husband.
Speaker 1: They're very excited because the Eagles are in those Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Oh I haven't.
Speaker 7: My husband has a Philadelphia soft pretzel company called shape Be Pretzel.
Speaker 1: That wait, let's do that as an aside rule. Okay, because this story is fascinating.
Speaker 5: Sorry, So Tony, Yes, he's the best ever. And what I went up to I was like, I think.
Speaker 7: We're friends with the same person, Tony Goldwin, and we shared a sun set on the beach moment, just sharing our love fest of Tony Goldwin.
Speaker 5: Okay, shaffy pretzel, Okay, let's talk about shappy pretzels.
Speaker 1: Your husband created a hard pretzel because he loves them from Philadelphia, right, Yeah, and they and he couldn't find one that he thought was great out here. And it started during COVID, as I understand it, because he needed something to do, and it became very, very popular, so much so that now it's a very popular hard pretzel brand.
Speaker 5: Soft pretzel.
Speaker 1: But that's all right, I fucked up everything but the texture.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's totally cool. Yes.
Speaker 7: In COVID, we realized we had a young our son was probably two or three at the time. We were like, fuck, we're never getting back to Philly. You're never going to get a Philadelphia soft pretzel. My husband, we were bored out of our minds. He just everyone was doing sourdough. My husband was doing like every day figuring out how to perfect the art of making a Philadelphia soft pretzel in our oven.
Speaker 5: Every day.
Speaker 7: People from Philly are just driving up past our house and Adam's like, try it, try it, try it, try it. Four or five months go by and someone's like, holy shit, I think you've got it.
Speaker 1: He cracked it.
Speaker 5: He cracked it. And then I was hosting.
Speaker 7: I was standing in for Kelly Rippa when she goes on vacation, which I was doing a bunch of at that time with Seacrest, and we were shooting it in our living room because that's what everyone was doing over zoom at that time, and Seacrest was like, what's Adam been up to. I said, he's perfecting the art of making the Philadelphia soft pretzel.
Speaker 5: We sent him some the next day he ate them on air.
Speaker 7: Adam just said, Adam Shapiro is his name, but Shappie's been his nickname since Sleepway Camp when he's.
Speaker 5: Eight years old.
Speaker 7: But he just bought Shappy Pretzel at gmail dot com and Shappy Pretzel dot com and the only thing on the website was your mall's pretzel. Can go fuck itself and we have sold were the pretzels at the oscars underneath five thousand feet shat the we're it fucking so far. We're a pladium where it will turn shut and so we're we just realized that it's almost a five year old company. It's a total side hustle, but it exists. It's like Adam's worked a bunch acting since then. We have all these fucking pretzel employees. We've everyone knows where I live.
Speaker 1: People work for the company.
Speaker 5: We have nine employees.
Speaker 7: We have a shabby pretzel truck with my husband's face on the side of it, parked outside of our fucking house.
Speaker 5: So everyone knows where we.
Speaker 1: Everyone comes by story though, so where does the audience get them if they want to try?
Speaker 7: So We're on gold Belly so you can get them shipped around the entire country and like the order because when the Eagles make the Super Bowl, it is I mean, my husband has is not sleeping this week, like it's over, it's done.
Speaker 1: We have the wait. If I'm in anywhere in the country, I go to gold Belly.
Speaker 7: What's called goldbelly dot com is like where you can get any of your favorite foods that are only like local to serve play like if you're like I only like wings from this place, they might be on gold Belly. So gold Belly is it's like if you like a Russian daughter's bagel.
Speaker 1: You can go on a russ daughter's bagel a good example.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're welcome. So now you can go on gold Belly and you can get it shipped to you. So all of his pretzels are shipped around the country. But also if you're in the LA area, which it's l a no no Philly Bourne, La bread is the long one because he's smart.
Speaker 1: But how do you spell shappy for those s h a p p y s h a p p y. So if you're in the LA Area, you can go to shappies.
Speaker 5: Shappy Pretzel dot com.
Speaker 7: We're out of canters, which is a legendary canters.
Speaker 1: To you speak like every girl I grew up with and.
Speaker 5: Im Long Island.
Speaker 1: You're reminding me, you're reminding me.
Speaker 3: Notice it's not Long Island, it's Long Island.
Speaker 5: Long Islands. That's right.
Speaker 1: The more you talk, the more I'm just reminiscent of like Hebrew School and oh yeah, j oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh my god, I mean, I I was home in New York this weekend and I was like, oh god, this is like so crazy like my mother has. But anyway, so shappy Pretzel dot Com was a shappy Pretzel was a huge just crazy falling ass backwards into this other business that we now run.
Speaker 5: It's why it.
Speaker 1: Must be profitable. Are you making meaningful money off of them?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean they're at the they're at the oscars.
Speaker 1: At the Oscars.
Speaker 5: You know, food business and perishable food is is you know what.
Speaker 7: It's not an act, it's not an acting producing directing, but it's you know what it provides in so many other ways.
Speaker 1: It's it's amazing. Listen. Why don't you go on Shark Tank.
Speaker 7: Know all the Shark Tank people well between us and everyone listening, just the people listening way beyond that and the sharks who we know in our Pretzel clients have told us that we are we don't need, like we're way beyond that.
Speaker 2: You're beyond Oh yeah yeah, hold on, hold on now, how about making some really good money we just.
Speaker 7: Don't need, Like we're not going to give up, Like we don't need to give up. We have so many people who want to invest because I want to invest.
Speaker 5: They love Philly there.
Speaker 7: Thank you call Adam. I'll give you his number. But anyway, I love it. But anyway, it's just we don't need it, like you know, people go on shark ting because they're from a small town and they don't have connections like you know Adam from Klugman.
Speaker 5: I mean Bradley Cooper and him.
Speaker 7: Text every day, like there's so many Philly people who are love the company.
Speaker 1: Right well, I want I want Bradley Shares before Bradley. Okay, I'm off from Philly, but I would like to.
Speaker 5: But any way, New Jersey, which is close, but what.
Speaker 1: About I feel like, uh, you could beat that. What's that brand that's in every.
Speaker 5: Airport Annans or Wetsels.
Speaker 7: By the way, when I go to the Fashion Square Square mall here in the valley where we live, and my kids want What's which they no, no excuse me? And Annie Ans which I always want. They always want it. And my parents run into people that they want the little cinnamon nuggets. And whenever I run into people and we're holding those bags, people take pictures. They're like, look at you cheating on you likes you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know you know why your kids love that so much because of Marriam what Mariam did that.
Speaker 7: Donald and I also shared the most sacred mutual thing, which is our nanny who helped raise his babies, who helped raise my babies.
Speaker 5: I got after you got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you, she left us and went to you is what happened?
Speaker 1: You didn't you didn't. And Miriam likes wetzels pretzels.
Speaker 3: Well, she would take the kids to the mall yeah and feed them.
Speaker 1: Freak has shoppies. Pretzels gone into the uh the the sweet world. Yet with cinnamon and sugar.
Speaker 7: Those are called little out which is my son's name. My son's name is Albi. He works with the Shappy Pretzel. He works at Shappy Pretzel on Saturdays. He gets two dollars an hour.
Speaker 1: He's so cut about gluten free. Gluten free. So here's the big those of us tummy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so here's the big reveal. There is not.
Speaker 7: However, I was diagnosed. Oh wow, this is really getting personal, guys, listens. I was diagnosed with I have no symptoms.
Speaker 5: It's silent, silent Celiac silence monny.
Speaker 7: Second, and I can no longer eat gluten for the rest of my life. My husband was in tears. He was like, I'm the You're my pretzel queen, and now he is being forced into figuring out how to deliver to me, to the Los Angeles community and the world a gluten free saw Philadelphia pretzel, which maybe, then, Zach, we might be billionaires if.
Speaker 4: We crack back.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, listen, I'll be it. I love soft pretzels, but I do have a sense if I'm not chiliact, but I have a gluten sensitivity, and I could I could have a bite and be like, oh my god, but if I eat a whole one, I'd have stomach cramps.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 7: Well, so he's going to break it, and why don't you come will be the taste testers for the gluten free soft pretzel.
Speaker 5: I he's got to get through Eagles.
Speaker 1: They have to win, and then we need to move on to I didn't know that soft pretzels were of Philadelphia. Think I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I didn't really either.
Speaker 3: In New York, Yeah, Nathan's has a pretzel differently.
Speaker 7: There's the New York or Bavarian shaped, which is like the steals are Bavarian shaped, and the shappy the Philadelphia pretzels are more on their side and more long, and they're linked and you rip them apart. Okay, I know I'm gonna I'm going to show you guys, like so that you understand like what we're working with, because then you're going to realize.
Speaker 5: That every pretzel you've ever had is a piece of crap. That's what you need to know.
Speaker 7: You really haven't had what this looks like like they look like this connected. Can you see this?
Speaker 5: And you and you buy like.
Speaker 1: Four and you rip them apart and you put mustard on it, right you.
Speaker 7: Put we also have shabby pretzel mustard both golden and your mouth is.
Speaker 1: Water Mustard on my mouth is watering. Right now, It's.
Speaker 5: Really really been a weird, bizarre thing.
Speaker 1: But you know you do what about hot dog buns?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we expand pretzels experience, Yeah.
Speaker 7: We do, and we have like we have I mean, look and also to be crazy, I know this is this is turning all into an Adam LoveFest. But and yay, scandal whatever, but I'm just saying, I Adam, I really Adam recurs on the bear and I and I think so much of that is because he's in this like food world now, like as was.
Speaker 1: The genesis of him getting that part. I mean, other than being a good actor.
Speaker 7: Well well we he auditioned, but they were so like into the pretzel phenomenon, and they were they have so many chefs around the show, and.
Speaker 5: You know, he's just really now like a foodie.
Speaker 7: He like travels and makes little social media videos tryings. He's got like a real snack. He never grew up from college trash snack food.
Speaker 5: It's what he specialized. So now he just like shoots all this content.
Speaker 7: But I really think a big part of the bear you know, they like having food food people around that have.
Speaker 5: Sort of like made a staple, and they really liked his I think it was a combo.
Speaker 7: I think it was the acting and I think it was also they were so blown away by his crazy story.
Speaker 1: Joels, did you watch Scandal? Because I don't want to give Scandal short shrift.
Speaker 4: I just don't know, yes, Scandal.
Speaker 1: Scandal related questions.
Speaker 7: I love Casey, Oh my god, I love her so much because Nicole Chavez, her best friend, is also my stylist.
Speaker 1: Yes, which is the show was hot and heavy, right, there was lots of sex.
Speaker 5: I had so much sex on that show.
Speaker 1: I was I ever jealous when you were having fake TV sex.
Speaker 7: You know, we get asked that a lot, and you know, when he married me, he felt like, oh shit, like I'm kind of falling for the girl that always has like a love story surrounding her and this is just going to be like a part of this.
Speaker 5: And he, you know, he doesn't really get that kind of part, but he actually has.
Speaker 4: He has now.
Speaker 5: He's just got to fucking close his eyes and deal with it. Man, I mean the check clears, you know, like get over it. I mean that's my job. And like it's fucking awkward anyway. He knows it. I know it, like I just you know, I think he was on that show. I was very lucky to be paired with a.
Speaker 7: Much older gentleman George Newburn that we love it as a dear friend, and he probably wasn't much threatened by although he's a very handsome catch for everybody listening, and he's actly married build. But my other lovengers on the show that I had dirty, dirty sex scenes with his Giermo Diaz.
Speaker 1: You're finished, okay, you know, so check this out.
Speaker 3: It's such a fucking small world. Not only did I have sex with him.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: Look, it's such a small world.
Speaker 2: So Guillermo and I did a short film back in the day before we were large call Busted with Lauren Hill, who went to high school with Zach Braff.
Speaker 3: The Circle, Circle of Love.
Speaker 5: That musical still holds on.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying New York, the Tri State area is well represented in this In this podcast today, I'm just put it out there.
Speaker 5: So we want Busted somewhere? Is it like somewhere to be seen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you can watch Busted somewhere unless like my I think my mom owns it. But he played the usher of the movie theater where the crack head got with a crack dealer got busted.
Speaker 5: Perfect. Perfect, Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. That so scandal was hot and heavy.
Speaker 5: And I got that. I was like, this was so insane.
Speaker 7: I actually posted it today because I think it's like it's the fourteen year anniversary. I think almost of the day of me auditioning for that part, but Shanda. What was crazy about it was that Shanda.
Speaker 5: Gave me the part I did.
Speaker 7: If I had had to test it for it, like I had everything else that came before it. There's no way in hell I would have gotten it. Like I'd already been in front of ABC eight thousand times.
Speaker 5: Nobody was interested, like always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
Speaker 7: I had gone in front of Shonda a bunch of times for and I'd been on Gray's Anatomy and Private Practice and guest Starret and things like that. But this role I auditioned. Once she told me to say it faster, I did. There was something on the show called scandal pace, which was like speaking as fast as humanly possible. I'm in New York or you're from New Jersey, we speak fast, sort of inherently, like that's just from cult.
Speaker 5: You know where we're from.
Speaker 7: But and then about a week later, they were like, okay, they're going to test you. And I was like, okay, here I go again, get a test, Probably won't get it. And they called me in for a test and I sat there and it was Shonda and Betsy Beers and Linda Lowie, the casting director, and casting associates and the director and they said, we want to bring you in. You're not going to have to read sides, and we wanted to let you know We're just going to give you the part what we brought nobody else in. We've showed your tape from your audition last week to the studio and network in Shonda told them that this is the only person she wants I ever.
Speaker 5: I was like, it was like American Idol, You're going to Hollywood, you know what I mean? When I sob.
Speaker 7: And the reason I know this is because they shot it and it's on the behind the scenes, you know, DVD stuff. And I posted it today because it's the fourteen years of my life being changed. I mean I was a babysitter and an assistant and a caterer and a bartender and a waitress and all the things. And I was twenty eight and I moved to LA at twenty five and everyone was like you old, Like what why did you do that?
Speaker 3: Like you should have.
Speaker 7: Come here way earlier, honey. And she just gave me the part and I cried and I said, what happens now? And she said, you're going to get a call about a table read And I was.
Speaker 5: Like, there's gonna be a table reader that. She was like, you're gonna have a fitting and.
Speaker 7: I was like, there's a fitting and then I asked if I can hug everybody, and then I hugged everybody, and then exactly, and then she was so kind to me that we shot the pilot and I she said, what are you going to do after we wrat this? And I said, I have to go back to my nannying job. I was nannying for this psycho family that was very progressive billionaires who didn't believe in diapers, and I had to hold their kid over a toilet bowl and make encouraging keeping sounds and they would poop.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was unbelievable. But I told her this story. She loved it, and she felt so bad about waiting to hear. She called me.
Speaker 7: She said, hey, listen, I'm just going to give you like a guest star in Gray's Anatomy to tide you over, you know, for.
Speaker 1: She loves you.
Speaker 5: Oh, She's changed my life. And also I had both.
Speaker 7: My baby like I had my first baby the last season of Scandal, I my next baby on Inventing Anna, which she cast me.
Speaker 5: You know, before we finished.
Speaker 1: I watched.
Speaker 7: I was there too, but she called me in before Scandal ended, and she liked the last season and she.
Speaker 5: You know, we're really really really close friends. And she just was like, do you want to have a family? And I was like, we're thinking about it. And she was like, I just want to let you know this is like probably going to be where we start ending scandal and if you want to do this on my watch, like I will take care I know how to do it, Like I will take care of you. I think you know.
Speaker 7: She just was like I can take care of women actresses who want to have a family and start a family life.
Speaker 5: And I went home and I told Adam, take off your pass.
Speaker 1: That's so hard. I get that bread so hard right now, Like we gotta.
Speaker 5: Go, man, it's go time. And she's been like an amazing friend ever since. And I I mean, she changed my life.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh it's crazy.
Speaker 1: What a great story and what a testament to what a good person she is. That she's like, I like you, I'm going to look out for you.
Speaker 2: If you want to look out for somebody else. Look, I know I got a name already.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm in her A couple of times. She's always been very sweet. Have you had a showrunner change your life? You too had a showrun or change your life.
Speaker 3: Yes, but yes, but I want Sean.
Speaker 5: But I want another one one too, Like I want another one too. I mean it's hard to it's hard.
Speaker 7: That is so crazy, Like I feel like the three of us, we've been so lucky to you know, to It's funny actually doing other shows with with other showrunners because I'm always like, oh, you can't just like make that call, and they're like, no.
Speaker 5: Like they can't.
Speaker 7: Just like like if Seanna makes a fucking phone call, it's happening, you know, it's like done, like if I need something, and same with Bill of course, but I've had to, you know, I do other I'm so lucky to get other jobs, and I'm always they're just like, oh, we they're showrunners, like we have no information.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh my god, this is really hard. Like you're in the same boat I'm in.
Speaker 1: Like I think we were both deaf, all three of us, who were in instances where we where we were spoiled in how lucky we were by the level of talent of the showrunner. And then you go on other jobs and it isn't always that way. And for me, it was my first really big job, so it was shocking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, same.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, same, it's and then what was my next big job? Like I've been in the Shondaland world for like fifteen years. Like so when I go outside, I'm like, oh my god, is everything okay?
Speaker 1: Like Amna Deel ever watched the show?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I heard she watched it and loved it.
Speaker 7: I never got to meet her while shooting, but Julia Garner went to jail and visited her in jail while she was there. She's been out since. And it sounds absolutely fucking terrifying. I mean, that girl is a absolute sociopath. Like I shouldn't even saying it, because she could know where I live because.
Speaker 1: There she knows where the shoppy.
Speaker 5: It's fine, I mean, it's fine. Hopefully she doesn't care. I mean she's just like you know, I mean, she just there's no I don't know if you've ever come across a person like that.
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 7: But in the amount of studying and watching, you know that we had access to a lot of videos of Anna Delvi and a Psorican is her real name.
Speaker 5: While we were making the show.
Speaker 7: The research department was amazing, but we had so much and when you study her like she just has no it's meeting someone who has no empathy, like no compared. I don't know if you saw her on Dancing with the Stars this season, but it's like her answers are bananas.
Speaker 1: What is your answer?
Speaker 7: Oh, she's just like I don't care, Like she gives zero fox about anybody or anything except for herself.
Speaker 4: Like she is as her for clout.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's what she said, right, she said that, And she was dancing in her ankle.
Speaker 3: Dancing.
Speaker 1: She was dancing with her ankle.
Speaker 5: Thing, dancing with her ankle thing.
Speaker 9: I'm guessing as I'm guessing the resident biggest Dancing with the Stars fan on in our in our group.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: I just want to point that, yes, Anna Delvey was a total joke on the show. At the end, she was one of the first people voted off and they asked her, so, what are you going to take away from the show, and she went nothing, nothing, and then and then left.
Speaker 1: Was she good at dancing? I mean I guess not. I feel so bad. It must have been hard with the ankle. Ankle what do you call that thing? It's ankle bind her. It's like this big, it's like a page.
Speaker 2: She how is she able to get to the dancing without gave.
Speaker 5: Her She got permission and approval during those windows to only go to rehearsal and go to the show like that.
Speaker 3: So hilarious.
Speaker 5: Is that not insane? It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: If you're listening, I highly recommend watching Inventing Anna. What what streamer?
Speaker 5: Was it on Netflix?
Speaker 1: Watch it on Netflix. It was really good, was amazing.
Speaker 5: She's the best. And we shot and we lived in Morocco for five weeks. It was the last trip.
Speaker 7: It was all of February of twenty twenty and we came home and COVID hit COVID happened.
Speaker 1: Wait, why do was the whole I know there was a section where you went to Morocco. Why did you shoot so long in Morocco?
Speaker 5: There was one huge First of all, this show was so big. This was unbelievable, Like I don't know, I just spent a lot of money. I don't know if it was the Shonda effect or the Netflix effect.
Speaker 7: I have no idea, But we had a whole episode so like ninety something pages that basically happened in Morocco, in the actual place where my character is conned out of like a sixty thousand.
Speaker 5: Dollars a night. Riodd like, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 7: Anna Delby is good friends with my character and is like, let's go to Morocco for the that's a terrible impression.
Speaker 5: I can't do it. I was doing French. I don't know what's happening. I'm not going to attempt that again.
Speaker 7: But she does like, let's go to Morocco for the weekend. I'll pay for everything. She goes and all of her cards get declined. She skips out of town and Rachel basically puts down her Vanity Fair corporate company.
Speaker 5: Card in a personal card.
Speaker 7: It was like a sixty bill, sixty thousand dollar bill exactly. And you know, we stayed in the exact riod where it went down. We were with all the security guards that were gonna like take them away if she couldn't pay, they weren't allowed to leave the country.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was like amazing. And it's the hotels called lam Mammuna.
Speaker 1: And was it a fun Was it a fun place to shoot?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: It was, Well, it's so fun because you don't have to act, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like you're like you're in Morocco.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you're there, You're.
Speaker 7: Like scared, You're like blown away by everything. You're literally in like cars while like donkeys and carts are on the streets next to you, and you know, and you're drinking the Morocco everything is so visceral and like full that you're just like I showed up and I was like, oh great, I mean this is shoot, this shoots itself. You know, it's just like so it was so great. And Laverne Cox. It was me and Laverne Cox and Julia Garner in Morocco for like five.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a good show.
Speaker 5: It was a blast.
Speaker 3: It was Morocco.
Speaker 5: No, she didn't make it to Morocco. No, none of them, None of them. We were It felt like we were all like the little kid, you know. We were there with the director and the writer of the episode.
Speaker 7: It was kind of I kind of always love that, you know, Shanda's always been and I don't know if Bill's like this, but Shanda doesn't go to set.
Speaker 3: She Bills the opposite.
Speaker 5: Oh really, Oh wow, that that would actually make me so nervous.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he comes for everything every Oh my god, I just.
Speaker 5: Got so nervous because it's really nervous.
Speaker 2: But sometimes it's good because sometimes it's not what you expected to be when you get there, and Bill always finds a way to make it so it's perfect.
Speaker 1: And also with comedy it's great because we we we have a bass with the script, but then rehearsal we all start riffling with him, and.
Speaker 5: That's such a good call.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this she never comes to set because on Scandal at least, and a little bit on Vincentaina, but Scandal you had to be word perfect. You couldn't make up an ove or an and or the nothing. She said, if you what you say is up to me. How you say it is up to you, which is what she said. And if you ever did a table read. Every week we did a live table read, and then she would say, you have twenty four hours to ask me for changes or discuss or like whatever.
Speaker 5: So there was always room to collaborate, for sure.
Speaker 7: But anyway, so she didn't come to rehearsal, and I kind of get it, like I don't. It sounds like because Bill's are always there, this doesn't happen. But when Shonda comes to set, set stops right. Like everyone's freaked out. Everybody's like, oh, my god, like we need to like and.
Speaker 5: Then and then also people are like can I get a photo?
Speaker 4: You know? You know?
Speaker 5: Can can you?
Speaker 7: You know you you know you've changed my life, like and that's so beautiful and lovely too.
Speaker 5: But she just sort of lets us do our work and she does her work.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Another thing.
Speaker 2: I was there the day Scott Boley found out he was going to be a regular on Scandal too.
Speaker 3: I remember that we were shooting him. We were shooting a movie, Yeah, Let's kill Ward's wife.
Speaker 2: Yes, And we were filming either we were filming or we were doing publicity for it. And the call came in and he was like, yo, I just got added to the show. And I was yeah, man, I remember that day too, and he was very very excited. I was like, well, shit, are you moving.
Speaker 7: He was unbelievable, but he had a really hard lift because bringing it background to Tony Goldwyn. This poor dude, Scott Folly, who I love so much, is a very good friend of mine. He is always in a love triangle like that's.
Speaker 5: Felicity.
Speaker 1: He scrubs shrubs, Oh my god.
Speaker 7: So to try to come in and try to get the girl who the audience is already in love and wants her.
Speaker 5: With somebody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, handsome enough to do that, though he.
Speaker 7: Gets enough of the audience to be like, I think I'm into Foley, but really I'm into Goldwyn. And this poor dude has to do scenes where he's like playing basketball against Goldwyn doing like you know, you take off your shirt, I take off my shirt, like there's a lot of that, and he had to do that for.
Speaker 5: Seven years, which is not an easy task. I feel like that is he was.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 1: He was my nemesis on Scrubs because Elliott Davis, right, and his name was Sean and and JD would always go nobody cares Sean.
Speaker 2: I did Felicity, which I did Felicity with Scott another love triangle and that love triangle, Like, but he was so fucking like that's the thing about Foley though. He's so fucking good though, you know what I mean, Like every time he's just so good, so.
Speaker 7: Good, and he's so funny, Like that's what I love about you guys and him on Scrubs, Like he's so funny and he's you know, he's so good at being a romantic lead and he's he's also a.
Speaker 1: Matter what he posts on his Instagram. He'll write like, celebrating this many years with the love of my life. I'm so lucky and blessed, and then the comments will be like nobody can shu.
Speaker 5: That's so funny.
Speaker 7: And he definitely has Scandal fans being like, you suck. We prefer Tony Goldwin like one hundred percent. He had to deal with that for years, which was yeah, because people.
Speaker 1: Are fucking nuts. They get so invested.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's hard TV. You're in people's living room every week.
Speaker 1: It's so like they they like think that Scott Foley the person is trying to steal Kerry Washington.
Speaker 2: Well, Bellamy is another. Bellamy is another uh Scrubs alumni.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, she was one of my lovers.
Speaker 3: WHOA, no, no, no, she wasn't No, she wasn't a lover.
Speaker 1: She was a she was the head of surgery.
Speaker 3: Surgery, Yeah, whoa.
Speaker 7: I could see the nine episodes on Scandal. She was supposed to be in the pilot for three lines. She's one of those stories.
Speaker 3: She knows how, she knows how to optimiz I mean.
Speaker 5: She killed it.
Speaker 7: She was waiting for her and then same as fully like second season series regular change your life, like just just unbelievable story. I never even auditioned for Scrubs.
Speaker 1: Well really might have another chance there could come on.
Speaker 7: I would love to wear scrub I mean, is it great wearing scrubs and sneakers?
Speaker 5: Is it great? Oh my god? That sounds unvalieved.
Speaker 1: Are you watching? By the way, I didn't tell you guys this, Joell. I love this new show.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And I shouted it out on my Instagram stories because I just love it and I want everyone to see it. And I said, God, I love Noah Wiley. He's so amazing. And he replied to me, he said, Zach, thank you so much, he goes. You know, we're getting so much feedback that this is the most accurate medical show since Scrubs. And I wanted to tell you that and I said, oh, I love it, he goes. I said, I was actually out to dinner with Bill Lawrence, who also loves it, and we were guessing where it's going, and anyway, we had a little love fest, Joelle. So I really want you to try and get him on. Now that I've I've greased the wheels.
Speaker 4: We'll follow up.
Speaker 5: Well, come on, Noah Wiley let's go.
Speaker 1: But anyway, watched that show. It's so good.
Speaker 5: Oh, I can't. I think I auditioned for that. Clearly didn't get it.
Speaker 1: You got to wrap it up, Katie.
Speaker 3: Do you audition a lot?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I think at this point.
Speaker 1: You know what you're getting when you get Katie thought.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I mean, I like, you know, I I think I audition.
Speaker 7: Hm, I audition a lot, but thank god, I think if scandal got me anything. It's like in the way later rounds so bless, like great great, great, great great, Like I used to have to audition like thirty seven hundred times to get for something.
Speaker 1: And now it's casting director's niece.
Speaker 7: Yes, exactly, and now it's like, okay, we're down to the group you know in the why you know, we're down to the last things, and so that feels like an upgrade. But I I don't know that this has been like a very odd sort of time where it's dead.
Speaker 5: But that's okay. And I mean, you guys, don't you just get off for I write?
Speaker 2: You know, I still auditions. I have an auditioned for anything in a while.
Speaker 1: But like you said, it is kind of if I love it and it's competitive, and they're like, you got to read to be in the mix, and I'm like, this is great. I read.
Speaker 2: I would audition for Star Wars. I would audition for Marvel.
Speaker 5: You would kill that.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't get him going, Katie, you would fucking kill that.
Speaker 5: I see it.
Speaker 3: I see it.
Speaker 1: I see Oh my god, I see it. On that note, Katie, You're an amazing guest. You're an amazing human.
Speaker 5: My pleasure think you guys so much having me on. You are amazing humans.
Speaker 1: Please send me a gluten free Shoppies pretzel once they're done.
Speaker 2: And we have a three three way date to go see Smash when it hits Broadway.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are going to.
Speaker 3: Joel, Joel, You're welcome to come with us.
Speaker 5: You can, yes, Joel, Please, I will be there.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I will be seated for Smash.
Speaker 3: I'm very Smash on Broadway.
Speaker 5: All right, what was your favorite song?
Speaker 4: Donald?
Speaker 3: What is history was made? Nice?
Speaker 2: So turn it.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned because next week this becomes a Smash.
Speaker 2: Now that's what I'm talking about, exactly right, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: She's so entertaining.
Speaker 3: Oh man, we could have talked about Broadway for the whole.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that you knew her, Donald, So we don't know know each.
Speaker 2: Other, but we've sat next to each other at a Josh Raiding concert when he was at the Troubadour, and also our nanny.
Speaker 3: My nanny left us to go to Katie.
Speaker 1: Well. Well, yeah, she's one of those people in town where we just know so many people in common. And I see her occasionally, but god, she's so entertaining. I could chat with her forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that try state connection.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, try state love. Well, that was a lot of fun. Everyone. I have to take my puppy to the vent, so we're gonna have to wrap it up. But Donald, I love you so much it hurts.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, you know, the feeling is mutual.
Speaker 1: I'm excited I get to be silly with you on.
Speaker 3: Friday, Friday, maybe Saturday.
Speaker 1: Project for a secret project.
Speaker 3: It's Star Wars. Just tell him it's Star Wars.
Speaker 9: It is Zach and Donald are gay newlyweds in House Arrest Productions starts Friday.
Speaker 3: Seven Stories. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: We made about a bunch of talks and nurses and janoo.
Speaker 3: Me, I said here's the stories, Nephews, No
Speaker 6: So gada round you here, YadA round here, swe Show wins and no