Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Ready, when you're ready, let's get it all. How's it going to everybody?
Speaker 1: Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific six Eastern, and Saturday mornings with Jim Valley, Tenday and Pacific one Eastern. And it is Tuesday on this show, although all day yesterday it felt like it was Sunday, but yesterday was a holiday, so we were not here. We have me to here since Friday, and we have a lot to talk about here today.
Speaker 2: What lot happened over the weekend.
Speaker 1: We had the debut of aw Collision.
Speaker 2: What do you think of that show?
Speaker 1: We had the SmackDown show with the big angle in the main event of the Bloodline splitting leading to Roman reigns and Solo versus the USO's coming up at Money in the Bank. We had a rampage show, and of course last night we had Raw which was not much of a show outside of the main event, and I would say most of the last hour but this coming Wednesday, we have got the Dynamite show. We have got two big nights of NXT this week and next week they've got special shows. We have got Collision this coming Saturday, as well as Forbidden Door coming up on Sunday, and so a lot of things to get into here. Today we'll go over lineups. We have got the ticket sales for the Collision show. What was the final number of that show, as well as the numbers for Dynamite and Rampage also in Chicago this coming Wednesday. We have got AWE pay per view schedule for those of you that are looking forward to upcoming shows later on this year. And NWA is doing a fundraising event that we want to talk about as well. And then of course we'll talk about all of the shows that we have not talked about yet here on this program, some in detail like Collision, some in not a lot of detail. I don't know how much I got to talk about. Most of Raw felt like a twenty nineteen show with a bunch of two minute matches, nothing happening, and then finally we did get a good main event. But all of that and more today if you want to Texas four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. Bryan at Wrestling Observer dot Com at Brian Elberez on Twitter backing, I'm one with more Observer Live back in the show, Brian Elberrez here, Wrestling Observer Alive. Unfrozen cave Man actually is frozen. Mike semperviv is joining us today from a frozen state, but we'll see if we can fix that as time moves on here today, we got a lot to talk about because we haven't been here since a Friday, and a lot has happened since Friday, has it not. We had the Bloodline exploding, and they actually did it differently than I thought they would because I figured that they were going to go with Roman Reigns and Jimmy first and Jay wouldn't make his decision till the match actually happened.
Speaker 2: But hey, they.
Speaker 1: Promised he was going to make his decision on Friday, and he did, so there you go.
Speaker 2: They've split.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you about that later on. And we also had the Collision Show, the debut of Collision, and that of course is going to lead to Dynamite here Collision this coming Saturday. I'm sure they'll have a match or two for Rampage as well, and then we will have the Forbidden Door show coming up on Sunday. Now, the Dynamite show tomorrow is also in Chicago. It is at the wind Trust Arena. The current setup is for forty fans. They have two hundred and sixty five t's left according to wrestle Tics, six seventy five sold at this point. Obviously they could open up more sections if they wanted to, and then for a Collision on Friday. The final number according to wrestle Tics nine two hundred and eighty, which is right around exactly what people were predicting that would finish at. For the return of cm Punk and the show, I thought was a very good show, but it was missing some stuff and we can go over the gist of the deal here. But long story short, the show was all built around cmpunk. Cmpunk came out being the show and he cut a long promo which was interesting for a lot of reasons, and then afterwards he came out for a thirty minute main event, which was an excellent main event, and then the show went off the air and my biggest complaint, if you want to call it a complaint, is that the show felt like an addition of Saturday Night's main event, where it was a bunch of things happened. Some of it was great, some of it was just kind of there, and at the end of the day, it felt like a very special one off show, but did not feel like this is the beginning of a Saturday Night series because when the show was over, they announced nothing for this week's Collision. Not one match was announced for Collision. They announced matches for Dynamite and obviously we'll get matches for fromid Door, but there was no match, not one single match announced for next week's Collision. And I felt that they should have shot a big angle on the show. They should have had somebody come out and challenge CM Punk. You know, there have been a lot of people that said, oh, you know, as next feud is with this person, this person. We don't know who is next a feud is with. It was not mentioned at all. Yeah, he was in the ring with Samoa Joe, but he was in the ring with other guys as well. Yeah, he cut promos on certain people, including MJF. But it's not gonna be MGF next because MGF and Tanahashi is on Sunday and MJF and Adam Punkin or Adam Cole is going to be after that. So the show went off the air and we have no idea who cmpunk is feuding with, and we have nothing announced for this coming Saturday. So I felt they could have done a better job with that. But overall, in terms of you know, getting people talking and that sort of deal, I thought that it was a it was a very good show. So, uh, even though Mike is still frozen, Mike, Yes, what did you think of the Collision debut?
Speaker 3: I thought it was a very good debut.
Speaker 4: And yes, I do think there definitely needs to be some sort of string that connects all three shows Collision, Rampage and Dynamite together. They got to make sure they have a string going throughout all of them, especially when it comes to the Friday night show, because that's the one that in the immediate future needs all of the help that it can get here. But I thought when he came to the matches, you know, when he came to Buddy and Androte, I thought that was great. I don't know about beating Wardlow, but I'm sure they wanted to have the first match have a lot of historical impact, and you have that because the very first match you had, you had a championship change. But I thought Willow Nightingale and Sky Blue we talked about it last week. What are we going to do with sky Blue or are they going to go ahead and continue to follow up? And I thought they did a very good job of that with she and Willow Nightingale and then Sky ultimately getting the victory. And then as you move on the main event, I thought needed what it needed to be as well too, So I thought it was a very well paced show. I thought, again, you got Scorpio Sky out of the way with a little bit of a video package there.
Speaker 3: So good first start, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, it opened up with the cmpunk promo, and what appears to be happening is that he's likely going to Ah. I'm not saying this is gonna be immediate, but it's obviously gonna happen down the road. He's gonna do the Brett Hard deal where he's a babyface in Chicago and he is.
Speaker 2: A heel everywhere else.
Speaker 1: And I don't think that they're immediately going heal with him unless the fans like just totally boom out of building from this Saturday forward. But I think that at some point he is going to be turning. And he targeted various people. He made a comment about how David Zaslov called him one bill Phil because he's the one genuine article in a business full of counterfeit bucks. He had a red bag, which was interesting because he didn't say the aw title was in the bag, but he said what was in this bag I held over my head when you last saw me, And essentially, you know he's doing the I'm the real champion in MGF, is not at some point building up to a you know, champion versus uncrowned champion match or however you want to term it. And then he said, you know, I've got my boots around my neck. Some people want me to leave them in the ring, but until somebody in this company can fill these boots, they belong on my feet.
Speaker 2: And his new catchphrase is.
Speaker 1: Tell me what I'm telling lies, which is going to be a fantastic catchphrase when he turns heel. So anyway, that was the punk promo, and then we had a title change with Lucasaurs beating Wardlow for the T and T title, when Christian assisted Lucasaurs in winning and then took the belt and prayed around with the belt as if he had won. We had Andrade versus Buddy Matthews, which was a great match which Andrade won with Charlotte Flair's figure eight submission at the end after Buddy had attempted to submit him with three Ripley's finish, so they just pounded on each other. I thought this match was great. Then we had Miro returning to squash Tony Knees. We had sky Blue and Willow beating Tony Storm and Ruby Soho to give sky Blue a win in her hometown, which everybody loved. And then, as noted, the main event was Simojoe and Juice Robinson versus j White Punk. I'm sorry Simojo, Juice and Jay against punkin FTR and you know, they went like twenty five minutes I think as how long they went, and most of it was FTR versus Bullet Club, although Punk did tagging at the end made the big hot tag. They had a great spot where Joe had Punk in the choke and FTR was being held back and Punk sold it like there's no way out.
Speaker 2: He's got a tap.
Speaker 1: But finally FTR broke free and broke it up and then FDR hit the Shatter Machine on Juice Punk, Hit the GTS, Got the Pin, baby Faces celebrated the end the sho show and Yeah, as a self contained debut show, thought it was very, very good, but you know, when it was over, it felt like a Saturday Night special as opposed to this is the new every Saturday.
Speaker 2: Night AW show.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they I mean, we need to start getting It's hard because you got all these you got all these shows. They've got to plug Forbidden Door, they've got to plug Dynamite. Dynamite plugs Rampage, Dynamite plugs Collision. But you can't presume that every AW fan is just watching all of.
Speaker 2: These shows Collision.
Speaker 1: I mean, you are going to have certain people that only work Collision, and you should be saying, hey, next week, this match is on the show. We shot this angle, this is the next match. Dynamite, same deal. I mean, Dynamite Dynamite. Last week, Dynamite plugged matches for Collision, Dynamite plug matches for Rampage, but Dynamite also plug matches for Dynamite, and so it should be like that for all of the shows, and that was the one thing I think they could.
Speaker 2: Have done better.
Speaker 1: But overall, as a debut I thought it was very good. And we'll find out tomorrow how the debut show did. I think my prediction was eight hundred and forty nine thousand if I recall correctly, and we had the big over under on the board, like you know, is it gonna be over under a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Thought under some thought over I think right on. Know what I'm saying, Mike.
Speaker 1: I know what you're saying in Boston might out tomorrow. I see now now you're alive, back in a moment with a more Observer lives.
Speaker 2: Back in the show.
Speaker 1: Bryan Elberz here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike ccep for bb also Wrestling Observer dot Com. Hey don't forget tonight is the night twenty one years ago. This week in Nwatna, myself, Vinny Craig Sean will be reviewing beginning this week.
Speaker 2: This will not be like Collision, where you want to know what's coming.
Speaker 1: Next week we will be beginning our journey through Nwatna, starting with the first ever weekly pay per view in the Asylum, Brian Rose says that was a very bad show Von Braun Civic Center. Man, I can't wait to suffer through this for your enjoyment, my friends. But that begins, and it's Vinnie's fault. He'll never live it down. It is all his fault. I can't even know what I got mad at him about. Now I'm mad at myself. But anyway, that's going to be starting tonight, so don't miss it everybody. Now, Dynamite is Wednesday, and I cannot answer everybody's questions, but I can tell you what I know about Dynamite this coming Wednesday, So Okada and Danielson are going to be doing something. According to the front page of Wrestling Observe dot Com, AW has announced Danielson will call out Okada on Dynamite on Wednesday. The episode is taking place in Chicago and is the final Dynamite before Forbidden Door. The lineup. This is the updated lineup for Dynamite.
Speaker 2: This is important.
Speaker 1: We have Danielson calling out Okada, Chris stat Lander versus Taya for the TBS title, Jeff Jared and Mark Brisco, and a concession stand brawl, Jericho, Sammy and Minor Suzuki versus Action Andretti, Darius Martin, Airfox, whatever in the hell a blind eliminator tournament for the aw Tag title shot is we still do no the Hardies versus the Guns to determine the best brother tag team in aw Orange Cassidy and Ketsi Orsha bought a veru Zach Saber Junior and Daniel Garcia and we will hear from Adam Cole after his time limit draw on Wednesday. Now, there is a lot missing from this preview, and everybody has asked, and there have been a lot of rumors on the internet. And if you have not heard the rumors on the internet, the rumors on the internet are that the Elite are not going to be on this show and cmpunk will be on this show. Now I can make it clear that these are the rumors on the internet. Now, what do I know about this? Well, what I do know is that I do not believe that the Elite are going to be on the show Wednesday, and I believe Dave even reported on the front page that Kenney O Meg is not going to be on the show. And I do not believe that the young Bucks are going to be on the show either. So if they are all not going to be on the show, then you certainly could have cmpunk show up on Wednesday. Now, they have not announced that cmpunk is going to be there Wednesday, and unlike his original debut, they have not hinted that.
Speaker 2: He is going to be on the show Wednesday.
Speaker 1: From talking to people within AW, nobody has heard that he is going to be there Wednesday. Now am I reporting that he is not going to be there Wednesday?
Speaker 2: No, I am not.
Speaker 1: In fact, quite frankly, the idea that you would run a show in Chicago and not have cmpunk there, to me, seems very hard to believe. But they did not announce on Friday or on Collision that he was going to be there. They've had no hints that he's going to be there. They have no announcement that he's going to be there. You know, I can't answer the question if you if you put a gun to my head, which I prefer you didn't, you know, i'd say I.
Speaker 3: Actually I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Say I don't know because I don't want people blaming me for anything. All I'll say is, right now.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't watch it to eat Carjack it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't appear that he's gonna be there, but I guess we'll find out. So there's certainly no indication whatsoever internally or advertising wise or hint wise that he is going to be there, and they've already got eight segments, so I mean, I presume that there's gonna be some sort of you know, pre tape with the elite to set up whatever they're doing it for Bid Door. I can't imagine that the Elite are not working at Forbidden Door. I can't imagine the Blackpool Combat Club aren't working Forbidden Door. So I guess we'll, uh, we'll find out. We got another day to announce it, if it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: It's hard for me to believe that he won't be on there with it being from Chicago. And yeah, I mean obviously if you need to put together something with the Bucks, but as of now they're not on.
Speaker 2: Oh the Bucks. Yeah, Kenny is working, so yes.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, so it's like with Kenny.
Speaker 4: Will Osbrey can be there standing probably not standing next to Takeshta and Kallus cutting a promo on Omega not being there, you could do something there.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you are now going to include the Bucks.
Speaker 4: You could, I guess, do that as part of a video package as well too. But I don't think it's the worst thing in the world, considering we're only days away that if you announce their match on you know in just in a segment, that it's something that's that that's unusual for aw or anything like that. I can see that happening. But with it being in Chicago and you wanting that reaction and still wanting to be able to push Collision, which is a brand new show, I think he probably should be on there. Again, you have a lot of other things, and I'm sure we're going to get some surprises here too. It's hard for me to believe that. Obviously you got Minora Suzuki that he was going to be tied in with that six man, but Okata right now is as it stands right now, is the only person from New Japan you know, who's getting called out, not even saying he's going to be on the show. But I have a feeling he will be, and there's going to be others as well.
Speaker 1: So they did it just recently. Add we will hear from Adam Cole, and so I think What will be a very interesting thing to follow over the next several weeks is what's going on. I presume that Adam Cole is going to appear and you know, talk about the time limit draw and the fact that he wanted five more minutes and MGF refused to give it to him and how he was not beaten.
Speaker 2: Neither of them were beaten.
Speaker 1: MGF was not beaten the title eliminator, but Adam Cole was not beaten either. So I would presume that that is what Adam Cole is going to talk about, and then it's going to be interesting to see if Punk continues to talk about MJF or if they drop that, because I don't think that the best thing for business is to be simultaneously hyping up both of these matches as whatever is coming next, because you don't want fans to choose one or the other and you know, booze somebody or want to see something or chant this or that. So I think it'll be interesting to see the follow up they do with Adam Cole, because clearly, I mean when they did that show last week, the idea was not that this Adam Cole thing is over. If it were over, he'd have been beaten, you know, and so the fact that he wasn't beaten that they did a time limit draw. I mean, that thing is clearly continuing. And my presumption is that since it's not taking place at Forbidden Door, that it's either going to be the match for Wembley or the match for.
Speaker 2: Chicago. The is it Chicago?
Speaker 1: Are we sure that all out is Chicago?
Speaker 2: I think it is right.
Speaker 1: We know Wembley is all in, but my presumption is is Chicago's all out? I think that's confirmed, right, Nobody know.
Speaker 4: I'm not one hundred percent sure no with that, but I tell you what, if you can, then you get MJF working both shows, and then you can, if you want to, you can go in that direction and make it almost the three way thing if you if again, if you wanted to do that, because you could have MJF on that huge show in Wembley, which you know he's going to be on defending against Adam Cole. Meanwhile, he's also got a match already set up against you know where the winner of that has a match set up in Chicago against CM Punk who was the champion and had to give it up. And that's not something that they should run from. I'm not They should not beat people over the head with it, especially if there's no plan to do anything with it. But you know, it was brought up in the ESPAN articles, brought up everywhere when he left and tore the triceps off. He was the champion and there are people that are going to remember that, and it is a storyline that people are kind of waiting for down the line. So it's something that should be on simmer in the background. But you know, it should not be on boil if they don't from anybody's side, if that's not the direction that they're going.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got the Dumbe pay per view schedule coming up. We have got July first, Money in the Bank go to Arena in London. We have August fifth Summer slam Ford Field in Detroit. We have September second, how about that. We have got Payback at the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. And we have October seventh, Fast Lane at the gain Bridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. So yes, Wue and AW will be going head to head on the September second weekend Payback and all out. You know, someone better alert Sean because last time I heard from him, he said this one could be happening. It was a one time only thing, kind of like all those India guys shown up at Booker T's gimmick or the NXT guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm looking to it looks like it in May. I'm trying to find out about All Out and if it's going to be in at the Now Center or where wherever it's going to be the United Center in Chicago.
Speaker 1: I don't think they've announced where it's going to be yet. I think everyone just presumes it's going to be there because Tony likes to do things, you know, tradition.
Speaker 4: Have they even announced it's taking place, I mean, we know, we know for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: I think it was uh Mega.
Speaker 1: Actually that was like an interview and or somebody somebody did an interview and confirmed they were doing both shows.
Speaker 2: We just don't know all the details.
Speaker 1: We have no idea broadcast for all In, although, dude, I'd bet anything there's no chance they're doing Wembley and not broadcasting it somewhere.
Speaker 3: No, of course they are.
Speaker 4: It's just a matter of if it's a Max thing or or what it is, or if it's just on Bleacher Report like it usually is. I mean, it's it's a it's hard for me to believe that, but I gotta be honest with the way those dates are set up.
Speaker 3: If you wanted again it's if.
Speaker 4: You wanted to do two title defenses, this may be the way to do it between those three.
Speaker 2: Back in a moment, Observer Live. Okay, the show.
Speaker 1: Bright Albert is here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike SEBERVIDI also Wrestling Observe dot Com.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mike, you know, I don't want to hold up the Raw Report because I know the people it'll take five minutes dying to hear it. But yeah, not a whole lot happened there. So I'll throw this at you. You know, if if it is going to be Sunday, the third after they're in Wembley on the twenty seventh, and you're running those two shows back to back like that, it's hard for me to believe that you would not have two title matches, that MJF would not be defending that title. And I don't know if it's optimal or not, but considering that you're only going to have three shows, and yes, you are promoting, you know, you're promoting multiple things at a time all the time. They're doing that or trying to do it with three TV shows, But you only have three TV shows between those two dates. And if you're going to have two title matches, you know, see him Punk inserting him into this mix a little bit either because he defeats Adam Cole immediately. Again, there are ways I think you can play this with those three guys where you can kind of put it all together if you so chosen, if you wanted to. And I don't think that's the worst idea in the world.
Speaker 3: I does.
Speaker 4: You know some people will say, well that takes away from Adam Cole and MJF. We just got started with it, and it doesn't mean that you have to take anything away to have Punk a little bit on the outside building himself up on a different TV show, trying to get a world championship shot. Again, I have no idea what they're going to do. They may not even know exactly what they're going to do yet, but to me, there are wors things then to actually have some sort of three way for that title with guys all making claims at it and all kind of having excuses as to either why they won or didn't.
Speaker 1: Want to mention that SmackDown's main event segment was awesome and Raw's main event segment was great. But the thing with the two shows, I don't know if it was just this week, but go Lee. It was not nearly as stupid as twenty nineteen, but these felt like twenty nineteen shows. It was just two minute match, two minute match, two minute match, two minute match. And they've been doing like long matches on TV of late ever since Hunter took over. It's like a lot more long matches. I don't know what the hell happened here the last two days, but I mean, just nothing happened. SmackDown was just one two minute segment after another.
Speaker 3: Well, the whole thing was SmackDown.
Speaker 4: One of the big problems is, you know there don't take it for granted that everybody is just waiting to see what happens with Jay, Jimmy Roman, and you know, any combination of those guys, like you cannot just take Okay, we're gonna get two million people because they love this storyline, and you just keep feeding them garbage.
Speaker 3: I mean, at some point they're going to regurgitate that.
Speaker 1: Well, the main event angle on SmackDown was Roman and Solo and Hayman coming out, and then Jay had to come out to make his decision. And long story short, Roman tried to convince him that you know, you're going to be the tribal chief someday, and I know you don't like Paul Hayman, but he's my wise man. When you're the tribal chief, you can pick your own wise man. And he did. He throw out the big line, which is, do you know who the only person was that was upset when I made you the right hand man? It was your brother Jimmy. He's the only one upset about it. And so Jimmy came out and Jay wanted to know if it was true, and Jimmy said, yeah, it is true. And at that point Jay c bro this guy cut the best promo. He cut a fabulous promo on his brother. And finally at the end, he concluded that you know all of this was because of Roman, So Jimmy, you're out, but I'm out too, and he superkicked Roman reigns and this place came unglued. And then you know, as I mentioned on the Dave Show, this Roman Reigns. Whatever you want to say about this guy, it was his turn to sell for Jimmy and Jay and Bro. They hit this guy with the double superkick, and you've never seen a better bump for a double superkick. I mean, I don't know how this guy didn't go through the canvas. He took the hardest, fastest, like it was like he'd been shot by a like a nuclear warhead. I mean, God, this guy bumped for these guys and the place went crazy, and they announced it over the weekend that money in the bank is is Jimmy and Jay versus Roman Reigns and Solo Socoa.
Speaker 2: That's the match.
Speaker 1: And I thought this this segment was just like every time they do a big one, like a big twist, it's a home run, and this one was a home run.
Speaker 2: It was great. And then your world famous.
Speaker 1: Raw report, which ain't gonna take me a lot of time at all because it was a twenty nineteen show. Seth comes down to the ring. Tell me if this sounds familiar. He's issued an open challenge to anybody. Finn Balor comes out now in real life, Finn Balor should accept the open challenge. He's the first guy out there, do your open challenge. Whether you win or lose, you got another match to the bay per of you who cares no. Instead, he beats up Seth Rawlins, so Seth cannot do his open challenge. He destroys him for like five straight minutes. They go to commercial, they come back, he destroys him even more, and we don't get the open challenge. We do not get the advertised o challenge, and they do the whole show talking about how the guy is injured. And then at the very end of the show, we have an interview with Seth and he's like, yeah, you know, goddamn that hurt. But I'm gonna be there tomorrow. I don't care what these doctors say. I'm gonna be there. I'm gonna defend my title against brown Breaker. Actually he didn't do his lap. I actually thought he did a good promo because there was none of the character. It was just a serious promo. But it was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And then Miz came out screaming about all of his problems and how he wanted to accept the open challenge and give the people of Cleveland a winner, and out comes Champa and he attacks Miz. They do a two minute match and Champa hits him with a fairy tale ending and pins him.
Speaker 2: This led to.
Speaker 1: Finn and the Judgment Day coming up to do a promo They're all gonna win their matches at Money in the Bank, and then Dom's just getting totally booed out of the building. It's even better. Before it was like he'd start to talking a boo. Now he just starts to bring the mic up and they start booing then, and so he challenges Cody to find two partners to face him.
Speaker 2: Tonight.
Speaker 1: We had a show long storyline which is my current second favorite storyline behind the Bloodline.
Speaker 2: Kevin as a hothead.
Speaker 1: Sammy goes, you know, the interviewer wants to know about the Bloodline breaking up, and Kevin's like, I want to talk about him. I'm sick of talking about these guys. And Sammy's like, bro, it's a fair question, and you know what, I think we got to talk about this. It's just the two of us en Byron, no one else is around. Well, I think you're a rage a hollick and Kevin goes a lot, and so Sammy essentially says.
Speaker 2: Dude, you got an anger problem.
Speaker 1: Kevin denies it, and Sammy says, Okay, if you can go the whole show without blowing your stack, I will never bring it up again. But if your stack on this show, we need to agree that you've got some sort of problem. Kevin says, all right, I got no problem. Now, like Aron twenty nineteen, we'd had no resolution. I mean, he kind of blew up, but he didn't, and then there was like we went off the air with no nothing. So I guess we'll find out next week if Samy's determined that he had a blow up or not.
Speaker 2: We had. Now this was great.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this was borash, but this was like the kind of creative thing that he would come up with. We had a series of Instagram videos. You know, someone's swiping through their Instagram feed to the videos and it's all Chelsea being a Karen and they were great. But then of course it led to Caden and Katana versus Sonya and Chelsea, and it went two minutes and the Babyfaces beat the Karen and Sonya. Cody came out for a promo in the aisle, he was asked, what about that six man later he goes, I can find a couple of guys.
Speaker 2: Then they played his music. That was a whole segment.
Speaker 1: Also two minutes a rib at this point on me in New Sheribird's Sheldon Cedric. Two minutes, Sammy and Kevin are backstage. Kevin's fixing the blow because you know, first some guy spells water on him, he eats water on him, and then they run into riddle. Has just been a gimmick, but Kevin controls himself. Then we had This was a.
Speaker 2: Classic twenty nineteen segment. Logan.
Speaker 1: Paul's in the ring sitting on a ladder. He is from Cleveland, which is where the show is at. He begins his promo talking about how great Cleveland is. Then he switches to saying, you know it's it's my life's been great ever since I left. I got out of here, I went and became famous. I don't have to sit through these cold ass winners. You you people have to suffer through total He'll promo, and then he goes, but a lot of Clevelanders have failed of late, but that changes tonight. I will be going to money in the bank. I will win that break case. I will cash in. I will win this championship for Cleveland, and I'm gonna come back here and throw him back some shots and we're gonna go crazy.
Speaker 2: Are you a babyface? Are you a heel? Or are you?
Speaker 1: As Kevin said later, I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Speaker 2: What are you? Bro?
Speaker 1: And then everybody in the money in the bank came out and they all vowed to win, and then it was a brawl, and then he climbed up and he sat with the briefcase Matt Riddle, ludebitg Kaiser. Thank god, we finally got to match it win more than two minutes, and it was good. And they had some counters at the end of this match that were flat out awesome that I've never seen before. Like Riddle tried to do something off the middle rope. I think it was like, I don't know what it was, but he got caught in mid air and Kaiser caught him while spinning and then did a rolling fireman's carry. I never saw that before. Corty didn't even know what it was. And then we had another awesome one where Kaiser goes for the elbow off the ropes and he gets out of mid air on that one, and then Bro Derek won two three, and then the Heels destroyed his leg to get revenge for him breaking the leg of Baldy as they.
Speaker 4: Called Giovanni Vinci. By the way, is he legitimately injured?
Speaker 3: I guess it is.
Speaker 1: I have been told he's not, but that doesn't mean he isn't because they're very secretive with that sort of thing. But the belief backstage is that he's actually interests an angle and we had Kevin and Sammy getting a text. They blew off Imperium. We got footage of the Alpha Academy try to teach Maxine how to do a supplex. This led to Viking Raiders versus alf Academy. Last week they did this match and I Valhalla tried to interfere, Maxine hit her with a move and that led to Alpha Academy winning. It felt like, my god, they're gonna do some of these guys. They do the same thing this week. Valhalla goes to do something, Maxine pulls her off, the apron hits her with the big supplex. Everybody pops, but this time Chad is distracted, hit with a knee and pinned your classic twenty nineteen fifty booking, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, God, I'm hating this show.
Speaker 1: Ria was supposed to wrestle Naddy. They did the exact same angle they did in the opener where Ria beat her up and we had no match twice on the same show. This show is a classic example of when I say that things are better now, people Nope, they're exactly the same.
Speaker 2: No, they're not, because this was clearly, clearly the way it.
Speaker 1: Used to be and not the way it's been for the past ten months or whatever. Cody met with Tizou wants to be his partner. He says he'll think about it, but then Kevin and Sammy show up and they're gonna be the partners. Trish and Raquel, this is a qualifier for money in the bank. Becky runs in, she goes after Zoe. Trish goes after her, but Becky attacks Trish.
Speaker 2: She's dequed.
Speaker 1: Trish qualifies for money in the bank via DQ. The show has not been exactly the same. The show has been way better, and this is what it used to be.
Speaker 2: Bron Breaker doing a promo.
Speaker 1: Talking about the match at NXT Bronson Reid Shinnskate Nakamura. Bronson won Rickshe was at ringside. They're doing the three way thing. Ricksha got involved. Distraction led to Knakamura getting German and then Tsunami for the pin. It's good match nine minutes and then after the SETH promo, we had Finn, Dom and Priest versus Cody, Sammy and Kevin. Excellent main event. They got time, everybody looked good. Everybody was hitting all their big spots, and then at the end everybody hit a finish.
Speaker 2: On Dom, he.
Speaker 1: Bailed outside, Cody hit the crossroads on Priest pinned him. Finn is not happy with Damian Priest. Damian Priest is doing a lot of jobs and this is all leading to Damien Priest splitting and going baby face down the road. So last hour saved the show. First two hours just it sucked.
Speaker 2: It sucked back in a moment. Observer Live.
Speaker 3: The show.
Speaker 1: Brain Elber is here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simper Viti also a Wrestling Observer dot Com. Everyone's asked about raw ratings. Listen, it's Nielsen Bro Like, you know, I don't know when everything's gonna come in Soliday. When it comes in, i'll post it.
Speaker 2: It was good. I'll post it at a normal time.
Speaker 1: If it's bad, I'll post it at midnight.
Speaker 2: That's new.
Speaker 1: That's the new conspiracy, though there's no evidence of that whatsoever. But tonight, what I can tell you is it is the debut of twenty one years ago. This week in nwat and A and the Brandon, Vinnie and Granny and Craig and Sean show. So uh, We've also got a Granny contest on her Facebook, which is, uh, you.
Speaker 3: Can win her call.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think it's like tell us you're a wrestling fan without telling us you're a wrestling fan in one sentence. I thought people might be able to come up with some creative stuff. So that's tonight. And uh, yeah, we'll be reviewing the first episode of n WATNA, the first weekly pay per view from the Asylum, which I've been told socked, but I'll be the determiner of that.
Speaker 4: Canna see uh with NASCAR superstar Sterling Marlin walk out there?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Right, Christopher Sterling Martin, Oh, yes, his name the Von Brauns Civic Center, Huntsville, Alabama.
Speaker 3: They would not be at the fairgrounds quite yet, but.
Speaker 2: Well, that's tonight.
Speaker 1: You can listen to it at Wrestling Observer Dot com when we're done, or watch it live video dot f W online dot com at nine Pacific midnight Eastern.
Speaker 2: And it's gonna be fun, everybody, Ed Ferrara on Commentary Man.
Speaker 1: Well nxts tonight as well, So at least I'll be able to do something fun after that show.
Speaker 2: And that say thanks.
Speaker 1: Micha's always callers and listeners every the studio. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network