Speaker 1: The volume. Is there a better sports month than October? Let me think about that. Uh No, Football's Underway, baseball playoffs, basketball, hockey seasons are upon us pretty good. While we love watching our favorite teams on TV, there is nothing better than watching sports in person. You know that. I know that. The drama, the crowd, the energy, the adrenaline. It's perfect. And the best way to go to any of these games and see these games in person is game Time, the fastest growing ticketing app in the United States. Game Time is the only ticket app that gives you peace of mind with your purchase. That's a biggie. They let you see the view game Time does from your seats, so when you buy it, you know exactly what you're getting. With game Time, they're all in prices also, let you know what you're getting on what you're paying up front. And it takes no time at all. Nobody wants a headache, right, I want tickets, I want them now. I want to buy them. Two taps, ten seconds you can buy your tickets. That's it. Two taps all takes. So take the guess work out of buying tickets with game Time. So download the game Time app quickly, create an account and use the redeem code column. That's me, redeem code colin COOLi and twenty dollars If you do that, twenty bucks off your first purchase. If you do that, terms now apply again. Create an account the redeem code colin Coli in for twenty bucks off. Download game time today, last minute tickets, lowest prices guaranteed. All right, little reaction on the Phillies wrapping up their series headed to the National League Championship Series again and the Broncos getting sort of humiliated nineteen to eight. Didn't feel anywhere close to that. Chad Milman sharper square in ten minutes. So two things. One, Kansas City needs to go get a wide receiver at the trade deadline. Jerry Judy Cortland Sutton. I think Denver at this point would trade in division. I think Denver's got to figure out Denver. I think they know they're not in the same stratosphere as Denver knows they're not in Kansas City's galaxy. So they used to be sort of an unwritten rule. You just didn't trade in division, try not to trade in conference. If you're Sean Payton, you're staring at Russell Wilson's contract. You got to solve your stuff. You can't worry about that. You can't where anybody you trade them is not going to be around in two or three years probably. Anyway, Kansas City moves off star receivers, they move off all receivers, including Tyreek Hill and others, Juju Smith, Schuster, one and done. So. Kansas City is a really good football team. But I think the entire league looks at San Francisco and looks at the way they thrash Pittsburgh's roster and the Cowboys. You're going to really struggle to move the football if you're the Chiefs against that San Francisco defense, if you event faced them, or Philadelphia's defense for that matter. So Chiefs go get a wide receiver to deadline. We've been talking about that for a couple of weeks. When you have Andy Reid and Mahomes and you're scoring nineteen and dominating time of possession, you need another pop on the perimeter. You know, as far as Denver, there's just no way Russell Wilson's going to last half of this contract. New owner Sean Payton. You can say what you want about Sean Payton, but he next to Andy Reid, is the most innovative offensive guy in the last fifteen years in the NFL. I know half a dozen players that have played for him and loved him. Thought he was just a brilliant coach. And there's a reason, you know, many people wanted to interview him. He's the smartest football coach I've ever interviewed on a consistent basis in terms of knowledge of offense. It's I mean, just layered, beyond layered. He won with Teddy Bridgewater, Drew Brees, he won with a Taysom Hill, a winning record, never been shut out. I mean, he knows what he's doing. I know people didn't like the call he made tonight at the end of the first half. It doesn't matter. There's no salary cap for coaches. He's going nowhere. The GM might get replaced now. The good news for Denver, even with Russell Wilson's contract, you can turn things around really quickly in this league. This is not Major League Baseball, where you need like four drafts and certain teams have spending limitations. Right like a third of Major League Baseball, maybe half, just can't compete with the Houstons and the Dodgers and the Mets. Financially, it's not the NBA where you really have to have three high end players to compete for a championship. I mean, Kansas City has one elite defensive player. Bolton's a very good linebacker, but Chris Jones is your Pro bowler. The bottom line, young and cheap on defense works. You know you're going to spend your money on quarterback, left tackle, star receiver or tight end. That's where the smart teams in this league, like Kansas City spend their money on offense. The teams like Pittsburgh that are spending their money on defense, when's their last big playoff last decade? Right? So you know, you get rid of some players, you get yourself ten or eleven draft picks, you hit on seven of them. I mean the Rams had fourteen guys make the team this year out of the draft. I think it was fourteen. It could be wrong on that number. And they've been much better defensively than anybody thought, so you can turn it around. I mean, the Seahawks had back to back drafts where they they nailed their first four or five picks. That's ten players, and that's what Denver has to do. They've got to nail five or six players per draft over the next two years and have a lot of you know, for lack of a better term, cheap labor. I mean, they got to have inexpensive players, a lot of third, fourth, fifth, sixth round guys. And when you're not a great defensive team like the Rams coming into this season, you can do that fifth round guys have an impact. So but this just isn't gonna work. I mean, ninety five yards passing, seventeen yards passing I think, or thirty two yards passing in the first half for Russell Willson. It's just not going to work. And you know, people say, well, it's not Russell's fault. Listen, when that game was thirteen nothing, it felt over. It would not have felt over with Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Jalen Hurtz, Justin Herbert, Trevor Lawrence. So Russell Wilson is the problem. If you trail thirteen to nothing against a good defense and the game feels over at any point other than the last five minutes, the quarterback's the issue. It doesn't mean he's the worst player on the team. It doesn't mean there are other issues, but his salary combined with his lack of juice, he's the issue. Right. It's really unprecedented where you see a star quarterback with no major injury drop off a cliff. It's unprecedented in the history of the NFL. I've never seen anything like it. I mean, I saw Peyton Manning at the end five years older than Russ is now and four next surgeries go from really good to you know, clearly not the same quarterback. Russ is never a major injury. He's a workaholic. It's just you know, Pete Carroll saw a lot of things. He saw him age quickly, and now it's Sean Payton's problem. So it's just not going to last very long. This owner and this coach. I think they're going to try to accumulate a lot of picks and somewhere in this draft, a very strong quarterback draft, try to get themselves the next guy. I'm dead serious. I just don't think they're going to be patient, especially in the AFC. You know, patients is what fired coaches say. You know, that's what they preach. You got to get stuff solved. Phillies National League Championship Series again. So a lot of people in baseball are discouraged or disappointed that the Rays and the Orioles and the Dodgers and the Braves who had dominating regular seasons all got flushed out of the playoffs rather quickly. But I talked about this on FS one to day. I don't think it's a terrible thing. I think the Phillies with Bryce Harper are a great watch. And I mean it's you know, the Rays, the Orioles don't have national followings, So I don't think it's bad for the networks, you know, at all. I think the reality is baseball is an everyday sport and when you give favorites they don't have to play in that wildcard round, they get five six days off. I think that's problematic for those teams. I don't think it's problematic for baseball, because again I think the Phillies to me are as much fun or a better watch due to Bryce Harper than the Braves. But the bigger issue is the Yankees weren't very good this year. In the Red Sox weren't very good this year, and the Mets were a complete disappointment, and so if the Yankees were a viable franchise, Houston's gonna following, Phillies have a following, you'd be fine. But you know, baseball did a lot of things right in the last couple of years. The speed the game up at tenant and TV ratings are up about ten percent. They got rid of the defensive shift. I thought that was very smart. They'll never get rid of Bay games and get down to like one hundred and twenty games a year, which I think they should. I think they should start a month later, finish six weeks earlier, and wrap it up by October first or September fifteenth. By the time the NFL's cooking getting into it second week, you're done. NFL is so popular now that baseball stands very little chance of pulling away audience. You know, if you get into late October, you have to have the Yankees or like the Cubs going for a World Series. You're just not going to be able to do it unless you have the biggest brands. And there's some crappy TV football games on which you know, it's Thursday night on Amazon. Those games are usually pretty dull. But I don't think it's necessarily a problem that wildcard teams win. I think it's the reality of baseball, that it's an everyday sport. The Dodgers offense dried up, the Braves offense dried up. Okay, But if you're really honest about it is that season baseball is a different experience entirely in a different sport than regular season baseball. So you know, regular season baseball is a marathon, it's a triathlon, and the postseason is about getting a hit, getting a stop, getting an out. You'll bring a star pitcher out of the bullpen to get an out and get a win. If you want to seal a series, or you have a weaker pitcher going the next night against their superior pitcher. You need outs. You need to create momentum. Now you need urgency. That's not the regular season. So you know, I just think analytics are true, and they work in both the NBA and baseball, and they're and they're smart. But postseason baseball is completely different, and the NBA playoffs are different. Sometimes you just need a bucket, you need a mid range jumper. So you know, I use the analogy today that when you take your kids in a five or six hour drive, same kids, same car, it's different than taking a nine minute drive to school. Right, it's a different sensibility and a different strategy with young kids in a car for six hours, and so you know, same kids, same car. You know, same teams, same players, same manager, different strategy in the postseason. So the time off I think can be problematic for favored teams. And you know the Dodgors didn't you know, they had a domestic issue with a pitcher, domestic violence issue with the pitcher, Kershaw's age and injuries, so they didn't really have a true ace. And Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betch just didn't hit, which is it's harder to hit in the postseason. It's superior pitching, more pressure, So golf and baseball are that way bigger the tournament, more pressure, those putts get harder, So listen. I can't wait to watch the Phillies. I think they're a great team, and I think Bryce Harper is the biggest star remaining in the sport. So I do not think it's terrible news for Major League Baseball. The NFL season. It's going strong and drafting sportsbook hooking new customers up with an offer even stronger bet five books. That's it on any game this week to score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets. How easy is that? And DraftKings isn't stopping there? All customers can take advantage of a sweetener offer every game this October. Get in on the action, get in on the game day greatness. Download the DraftKings sportsbook at now. The code is Colin coln New customers can score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets when you just bet five bucks on the National Football League.
Speaker 2: That easy.
Speaker 1: That's the code Colin c O L I N Only on Draftking Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. The crown is yours all right. Chad Millman had a great week. We had a great week five and oh off our four and one week hit nine of ten sharper square. Chad, of course, the CEO of the Action Network. All of our odds are provided by DraftKings. As a hard working mason, one brick at a time, not gonna get cocky, no reason to get over confident. I have an zero to five and a five and oh, and we're only five weeks into the season, so take a deep breath. There are there are some trends though I see are you ready to hear them?
Speaker 2: I can't wait. This is gonna be good.
Speaker 1: So I tend to be like Warren Buffett of value seeker, right, I tend to take points. But I went back and look at why I was struggling in the first two weeks, and then I made a little switch. As the league's become more quarterback centric, I was taking off in the second best quarterback in games though I was getting value. So I said, listen, it's becoming more quarterback centric, so I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna seek value but not be afraid to take some fit. So I'm gonna start with some favorites. So I'm not getting the best line. But if you watch the raven Steelers play, Baltimore was a much better team two drop touchdown passes. Lamar Jackson is having a spectacular season. Dropped passes are like fumbles and fumble recoveries. They go in spurts. Baltimore is a really good team getting healthier. I don't think Tennessee is it's four and a half. I'd like it four. It is what it is. I get the much more dynamic quarterback. I also get a great coach, no coaching disadvantage. The rabel Baltimore minus four and a half Sharper square.
Speaker 3: Well, it's square, but but it's not square like some of your other square picks. Yeah, this is sort of square in the sense that wise guys are taking the Titans because of the number and nothing else. Your logic is sound. The conversations I had today were exactly what you just said. The Ravens actually played really well last week. Zay Flowers dropped the pass that was wide open, like there were there were three or four spots where that game was over if the Ravens receivers catch a pass open open, like wide open, wide open, and so it was. It was a very fluky, fluky game. Right, Like in what universe right now should Kenny Pickett and the Pittsburgh Steelers be tied with the Baltimore Ravens for first place in the AFC North right? So your your logic is sound, and it's why a lot of wise guys have had a hard time with this game. It opened at five and a half, got that down to five, got to four and a half, got down to four. When it got to four, that was sort of the breaking point, and people started betting on the Ravens again. The challenge here that I think is screwing a lot of people up is the fact that it's a London game, and if it was, if it wasn't a London game, you'd have Vrabel as more than a field goal underdog. And there are a few coaches in the NFL who wise guys will automatically bet if they're underdogs. Vrabel is one of them. Mike Tomlin is one of them. John Harbaugh is one of them.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The flip side is that John Harbaugh is not very good as a favorite, and Lamar is actually terrible as a favorite. So I think the wise guys are trying to figure out what do I think of the London factor in all this, and it's scaring them a little bit.
Speaker 2: But they're taking the Titans another favorite.
Speaker 1: You know, I love the number four. It's one thing value is on the Colts. But to take Gardner Minshew. Backup quarterbacks on the road are different than spunky backups at home in a dome. I don't buy the Jags. We're in London two weeks, they'll come home, they'll be flat. They're playing very well. They like Baltimore are undervalue due to a series of ridiculous drops in the first three weeks. They handled a Buffalo team that we loved three days earlier. I'm taking the Jags minus four Sharper square.
Speaker 3: Wow, that one is very square, and there is no sort of equivocation from professional betters on this one. This line opened significantly higher and has been bet down.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of things going on here.
Speaker 3: Number One, Doug Peterson historically is very good against the spread in the second half of the year, but not in the first half of the year. Number two, specifically to what you just said about the Jags beating the Bills, who we loved, right, The Jags in that game lost a Pro Bowl caliber cornerback and a Pro Bow caliber linebacker, and yet at the end of the game Josh Allen miraculously nearly led the Bills back to a win against the Jags.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 3: Number two teams coming back from London without the buy, and this applies to both Bills this week against the Giants and the Jags historically struggle during the game, and those games tend to be very very close that they are either trailing or tied in the fourth quarter. Historically, teams that come back without a buy from London. So we're looking at a close game historically, and the Colts, their offensive line is just much much better than it has been the past couple of years. Defensively, they have the leading tackler in the NFL. Jonathan Taylor has come back to run behind that offensive line against the Jags defense that is just not very good, right, And so the wise guys here they're not agreeing with you.
Speaker 1: Colin one more favorite. I like the number at two and a half. It'll probably be three in most areas. Bengals minus two and a half hosting Seattle, so well, Seattle has extra time. I value extra time differently with offensive coaches who bring more tricks Andy Reid, McVeigh, Shanahan than I do defensive coaches who are largely motivators. They give guys rest, they want healthy defensive guys. I don't look at Pete Carroll, Tomlin Belichick extra at rest like I do Andy Reid or McVeagh. So I get a more rested Seattle team, but I get a significantly better quarterback who now is healthy. So the Bengals for three straight years have been a lousy September early October team why Earl had two surgeries and a calf injury. It's about this time Cincinnati hits. These games are also urgent for them, so they play with great urgency early in this division. That's good. Minus two and a half, I think it's a great number. Minus three, I'd still bet at three and a half. I move off at sharper.
Speaker 2: Square at two and a half, at sharp at three. It's not.
Speaker 3: So it's really this is about the number, and you know, to use a football metaphor, it's a fifty to fifty ball, right. It's really about how much do you believe in Joe Burrow? And a lot of professional betters believe that what they saw with last week, what they saw last week with Joe Burrow is that he's better. And part of it is, Hey, every year the Bengals starts slow, he's injured, he takes time to get his timing. Jamar Chase the past two weeks has basically against the Rams and then against the Cardinals has basically had a season's worth of receptions and receiving yards, like he's really found his rhythm with Joe Burrow again. And what the wise guys liked about Joe Burrow last week. It's not the fact that they beat the Cardinals, who probably are a team that has been overperforming regardless, and kudos to their coaching staff for getting so much out of that talent, But it was the way Joe Burrow was able to move into the pocket. He was able to get around offenders, maintain his stance, step into throws, find his timing with Jamar Chase. That's what they like about it. I mean, I'm sure you and Cosell probably talked about this on the show this week. But that's why they're betting on the Bengals a two and a half, and they do feel if they had looked a little bit better one week earlier, they might be getting the Bengals and minus fours. So there's about a point and a half of value. But at three, they buy back the Seahawks or they pass the market.
Speaker 1: Sometimes is a week late. I just think they're a week late on Cincinnati. I think they're by the end of this game, they'll catch up to Cincinnati. So let's go to underdogs. So the Rams lost to the Eagles, but if you watch the game, it wasn't close. When you play Philadelphia and your defense is on the field for forty minutes. That team that will have repercussions this week. I don't love Arizona, but at plus seven six and a half, the stadium is not a home field advantage. Numbers came out this week showing that home field is now down to one and a half points. Well, the Rams is less than that, so it's really do I think a Rams team off a Philadelphia game in which they got beat up physically. I don't like teams that play the next week after they play the Niners or the Eagles in the NFC. The seven here, the six and a half is screaming Arizona for the record division rive game. Arizona played San Francisco tougher than you'd expect. I'm going to take the point sharper square.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Cardinals are a real conundrum for better this year, as have the Rams been a conundrum for betters this year. Because the Cardinals everyone expected them to be the worst team in the league, and certainly there was a lot of mocking of Jonathan Gannon before the season began with his social interactions with his players, right that sort of became a meme on social media and what you've seen with the Cardinals and what you've seen with the Colts, and a byproduct of this is what you've seen with the Eagles is how good Gannon has been and putting his pilayers in a position to succeed, making the right play calls that give them confidence in high risk situations that put them in a better position statistically to win. Shaan Stikeen's done the same exact thing with the Colts, which is why professional betters are liking the Colts and not so worried about Gardner Minshew. You've also seen with the Eagles the lack of those two guys has had an impact on how they play on defense and how they play on offense, which is a testament to how good they were.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The Rams meanwhile, and I'm equivocating a little bit here, The Rams meanwhile have been great against the spread until this past week. So the wise guys have come in on the Rams because this number has gone up. But there's not a ton of confidence on this game. It's not a game where I've got my phone blowing up and people are saying, oh my god, I love the Cardinals here, or oh my god, the Rams are exact the right spot. It's sort of like you took the Rams at six and a half. It's at seven. We're going to kind of pass from here.
Speaker 1: I want to take Chica.
Speaker 3: I do think I will say one more thing like Colin. I think people thought the Cardinals were at the top of the market after the Cowboys, and they've done everything they can do with the talent they have. Josh Jobbs was not as good last week. They've been a little bit exposed. There's only so much coaching that you can do when your talent isn't a part.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to take Chicago Extra Rest plus two and a half. I think it's a locker room game. Justin Jefferson's out trade rumors Kirk Cousins. The white flag is up inside the locker room. Players are now playing just to be capable on film of not getting called out on Monday. Chicago feels like we found the magic potion. Chicago has an energized locker room. Justin Fields is playing to retain his position, and Kayleb Williams not yet drafted. This is an energized team at home. Extra Rest found their magic. I think you're going to get a Minnesota team that I think the messaging is waving the white flag. I take the Bears. I love it. At three two and a half, I still like it.
Speaker 3: Sharper square, Yeah, that's sharp whise. Guys like the Bears here. It's why it's been bet down. It was at three, it went down to two and a half. It's a fascinating game, and in a lot of weeks you probably want to play the Vikings because of this situation they just found themselves in and the situation the Bears found themselves in, which was winning in prime time. So bookmakers will automatically inflate their line, right, they would be a little bit higher than they normally would because they think the public is going to come in on a team that just dominated in primetime. What's interesting here is a lot of what you just said about the Vikings. They might be the better team, but strategically they have not been making the right calls on defense. This is a team that is blitzing at an extraordinary rate, one of the highest blitz rates in the NFL, with the least amount of success. Right, so they're getting to the quarterback on blitzes half the amount of time as other teams in the NFL, even though they're running so many more blitzes. I do think that plays a little bit to the Bears advantage with the way they're starting to use Justin Fields as a runner a little bit more. And also DJ Moore and him have started to click. And if you look pat, if you look back, one of the reasons people were so excited about the Bears this year is because Justin Fields, who had been developing, got a number one receiver in DJ. Number one receivers make young quarterbacks better. Their catch radius is better, they get fifty to fifty balls more often. They make young quarterbacks more accurate and more confident. You saw it when Stefon Diggs joined the Bills and Josh Allen. You saw it when AJ Brown joined Jalen Hurtz. We hadn't seen that with the Bears the first three weeks. We have seen it in the past two weeks, where Justin Fields and DJ Moore have been lights out. I think this is a really good spot. The Vikings secondary is not very good, and if they are blitzing, then that gives Justin Fields an opportunity to get Dj Moore in advantageous situations.
Speaker 1: So generally I would love the Cowboys, big brand, capable quarterback rebound game. Vander Rush is now out, Trayvon Diggs out for the year. It's not the same defense. Also, they played the Niners, got buried. The one thing the Chargers are struggling with is situational short yardage gains. Fourth and one, third and two. Here comes their chess piece, Austin Eckler, who unless you watch the Chargers, you have no idea how valuable he is. Don't tell me. Running backs don't matter. They're not a good fourth and one, third and two team without Austin Eckler. They will lean heavy on him. Keenan Allen Eckler, Gerald Everett significantly better quarterback and a Chargers team where Kellen Moore. The Chargers have gone from a bad second half offense to a great one, a bad red zone team to a great one. The Cowboys reverse all those. It's the Kellen Moore factor. It's a show off game with an extra data prep. I'm gonna take the points and the Chargers sharper square two and.
Speaker 2: A half, totally sharp.
Speaker 3: The line has moved from two and a half down to two at a lot of places because of the wise guy money because specifically of what you just said, Kellen Moore is the difference here right that he has been making this a much better offense. Brandon Staley, like as much as he wants to get in the way and make bad decisions for this team, Kellen Moore is trying to for him out of that habit, and Justin Herbert is lights out right now. Like when he comes back. I had him a twenty five to one to lead the league in passing yards this year, and I think he's gonna go on a hot streak right now, starting with this game against the Cowboys. Who look, we talked about this last week. I hated the Cowboys last week. I'm not a buyer on Dak Prescott. I'm not a buyer. And Mike McCarthy the Niners were probably my second biggest bet of the year. I got a little bit over extended on the Steelers last week, but it worked out okay for me. But I just think Mike McCarthy he had the benefit of Aaron Rodgers and still didn't do everything he could have done with Aaron Rodgers. The Cowboys are in bad shape wise, guys.
Speaker 1: Like the Chargers, right, there's always a game. I ask you about because I am interested. So I thought Niners minus four and a half was to play now at seven. If it's a backup quarterback against who with little prep time against this defense, this defense may not be as good in the red zone as they were a year ago. It's hard to get in the red zone. You're giving me a backup if Deshaun doesn't play. I don't care what the number is. Again, I usually fade teams in dominating wins. This team is playing after losing to Philadelphia. They're playing to go seventeen to zero. They are physically mauling teams early. Backups trailing are not going to move the ball in this defense. I didn't put it in there. I could be talked into it. Where are the wise guys?
Speaker 2: Well, looks at seven?
Speaker 3: The wise guys are in Cleveland, right, there's just new two ways about it.
Speaker 2: And at the game was at.
Speaker 3: Three, I know, and the wise guys last week started betting the Niners and betting the nine and betting the Niners because there was the rumor about Deshaun Watson seven seven and a half, eight, which it may get to because the public is just going to keep pounding the Niners until this kickoff. The wise guys are going to be in the Browns because while the Niners have a great defense, the Browns have an historically great defense. Six red zone possessions in four games so far this year. They act like they can win games by themselves. Remember the eighty five Bears. Ye like they would get on the field, it didn't matter what their offense was, they would get on the field, and you would assume, all right, the Barrels will just score two touchdowns on defense, Like that's what the Browns can do, and you are getting the Niners right now. Look, Rock Purdy is seven to one to be MVP because he threw four touchdown passes against the Dallas Cowboys, and the Dallas Cowboys who did not have their best cornerback playing for them anymore. So, this guy brock perty looks like a brilliant, brilliant quarterback, and I think he is. But is he going to look that good against a Browns defense that is as good as they are from front to back. He's not playing the Cowboys secondary. He's playing Jim Schwartz defense that is going to be incredibly aggressive and by the way, that has dominated in scenarios like this against Kyle Shanahan.
Speaker 2: So seven's a lot, Colin.
Speaker 3: I know it's ugly, but this could be an ugly game whether it's supposed to be bad throughout the Midwest.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the seven.
Speaker 1: And finally talk me into an ugly game, talk me into something I haven't touched.
Speaker 2: I didn't just do that with the Browns.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know that was give me another.
Speaker 3: Like, come on, be with me on the Browns, Colin, be with me.
Speaker 2: It's hard, be my buddy.
Speaker 1: I can't. Then, what what about Houston Saints?
Speaker 2: This is an interesting game.
Speaker 3: The public has been coming in on the Texans to the point where it's been bet down to the Saints or minus one. The wise guys are going to bet the Saints in this game, like they actually can't believe they're able to get the Saints at minus one.
Speaker 2: There will be regression with CJ. Shroud. You started to see a little bit of it last week.
Speaker 3: He was brilliant at the end of the game with that drive that put them ahead in the final two minutes, but throughout the game there were some moments where he made some really bad passes that should have been intercepted by a Falcons defense that is not nearly as good as the Saints, and that is one thing the Saints have been doing really well this year. I'm not a Dennis Allen fan. I don't know why anyone would hire Deniz Allen to be a head coach. But he's a very good defensive coordinator, and he's got that defense playing at a really high level right now.
Speaker 2: So I like the Saints in that game.
Speaker 3: Two games we haven't discussed that I think are pretty gross, and i'd like you to consider. Remember I'm seventeen and three the past two weeks. Colin, all right, I want you to be with me on this train. Can I interest you in the New England Patriots plus three plus three and a half against the Las Vegas Raider.
Speaker 1: Nope, not going to listen. Go to the next one. Will not listen. I'm not listening. I refuse to listen. Why listen? It's like somebody that says, trust me, you'll love radiohead. Let's go to the concert.
Speaker 3: Can I what about the what about the Tampa Bay Okay buccaneer?
Speaker 2: Yes, plus three plus three and a half against the lines.
Speaker 1: Plus three and a half Tampa's de side. I could be talked into that because that was one of the games I have here on my list that I didn't do. Tampa plus three and a half. Detroit comes off a big win. The world loves Detroit. Carolina is really bad, and actually Tampa Bay at home is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Baker, Look, there is some question about right now about Mike Evans because he is still a little bit injured. But a couple of things have changed for Baker Mayfield. You might notice in watching these Bucks games, and I've been fading the Bucks and so like, I've had to pay attention to them because my rating on them is changing a little bit. He's not making the enormous amount of Baker mistakes that he's made in the past. Right, he seems to have learned something in his travels from Cleveland to Carolina to la Certainly Sean McVay put something in his ear that made him realize he's making the same mistakes over and over when it comes to risk taking. And I also think you naturally are better when you have Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. He's never had receivers like this, so I think there's a big opportunity here to buy a little bit lower on the bucks and sell way way way high on the lines. Like look, Jared Goff, most profitable quarterback against the spread the past five years in the NFL. But he's a much different quarterback when he's in a dome than he is on the road. And he's under five hundred against the spread on the road. People love the lines right now, they're dominating, but this is a tough.
Speaker 1: Spot, right Yeah, I'm not going to listen to the Patriots.
Speaker 2: How about the Jets plus seven against the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Philadelphia has found a bit of an identity. They're a little banged up. I think my concern about Philadelphia I looked at that. I think my concern about Philadelphia is on the road again, don't really have their identity. And I don't think Jalen's quite Jalen. I do think Shane steik and I think he's trying that he's riding himself, but he's made some mistakes. He's made about two bad throws. And I think against the Rams you can get away with it. I don't think you can get away with it with the Jets. And the number seven, isn't it six and a half or seven? Yeah, big that I could be talked into that. That's a pretty interesting I looked at that game. I wonder if I would be buying top of the Zach Wilson market or is this the new Zach. But I will say this, Jalen's great. He's a top seven guy in the league. But it doesn't quite look the same as last year.
Speaker 3: No. And so my feeling on the Eagles, and I might have said this to you last week, is that they've got a I actually think they'll represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. And I think their defense when healthy, is as competitive as the Niners. I love their offense, like I think that they remind me of the Patriots circa twenty ten to fifteen, where they might not get it all right early in the year, but their coaching is so good, their play calling is so good, and the players are so confident that they can fix it while they're playing. They can change the wheels on the truck in real time. But that doesn't mean they're going to cover every week, and we've seen that. We've seen that against Washington, We've seen that in certain scenarios. So this to me feels like a spot on the road against a really good defense against a team that clearly has a lot of spirit and a lot of pride. I don't know if it's Zach Wilson thing like the he is playing better clearly and against the defensive backfield for the Eagles that are struggling and injured.
Speaker 2: But I like seven.
Speaker 3: I feel like we should do sort of an an alterna blazing five, like the blazing five that you're gonna end up doing that is full of your favorites, and you know you've convinced yourself that you can't bet ugly teams, and then the blaze and five that is the teams that make you absolutely afraid. Like Bettan the Patriots betting, the Browns bet and the Jets.
Speaker 1: No Jets, Jets isn't. I'm not afraid to bet the Jets. I think if the number goes, if I could get seven, I think it's a really solid bet. I think it listen the bet. I like that. The guy wise guys don't. And I'll just say I like the Ravens who were so embarrassed about how they had played last time they were on London. They spent the off season preparing for this. I think I'm getting value at minus four. I don't think Tennessee's very good. I really don't, and I don't even think I think you're betting on Vaybel, but I think that's muted somewhat by Harball. And so by the way, Tennessee leaving late every Thursday in London game everyone one team isn't ready to go Buffalo Commanders every You don't ever get two teams in London and you're like, that's the best they've played in years. You don't get Thursday games. Bears ready, Washington came out of overtime against Arrival. If you're telling me one team's gonna click, I'm going to be the team that got there thirty six hours earlier, undervalued by the market, and I get a superstar quarterback against the quarterback the other team keeps drafting quarterbacks to replace him, and he's just better than those bad guys.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but right now, you're not convincing me of a game that I'm overly confident in. Like I agree with everything you're saying. It's like I'm playing the number. That's all I'm doing is playing the number right. It's it could be right, it could be wrong, and for the wise guys. This is one of those fifty to fifty balls, right. That's why it's why the number went from four and a half to four and has gone back up to four and a half like it's because there's there's sentiment on both sides.
Speaker 2: What I'm telling you is.
Speaker 3: Go big, go Browns, Go Patriots, Go Panther, Go Giants, go go go Jets.
Speaker 2: Have some fun with it.
Speaker 1: There's no such thing as fun. My life is masonry. I've never had any fun in my life except hanging out with Oh my god, my wife is a struggle.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: That is the biggest lie I've ever heard anyone say about themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have some fun. I gotta be honest. I do have a lot of fun. I got a fun.
Speaker 3: Number of times I've gotten calls from you. I don't even know from where. Hey, Milman, check out this view. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Whatever, All right, Chad Millman, Action Network c COEO. All lawns provided by Draft Kings. Good luck, my friend, dear brother. The volume