Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live.
Speaker 4: From the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 5: Straight Scot Tis Tosdo and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeoman's.
Speaker 2: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. Today we talk to Cowboys Nation. Give us a call eight eight eight eight five five two two ninety seven or hit us up on the Cowboys Podcast text line eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. It has been too long since we've been able to talk to Cowboys Nation. These short weeks have really hindered our ability to do so. So today we are going to take plenty of phone calls, We're going to answer so many text messages, and we're gonna do it here over the next forty five minutes. We've got Nick Harris, John Machoda, Chris Beam in the back, I'm Kyle Yelmans, and we also have PAC twelve champion Isaiah stand Back. His Washington Huskies is.
Speaker 6: Part of the journey, Kyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, you helped build that program to college football playoff birth.
Speaker 7: I mean I was, I was just a little speck amongst the whole picture is so humble. I mean those guys, I mean, all these programs having especially like guys like Derek Eagleton and Brittany.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, their programs have watch parties. Yeah, watch parties to see if we're gonna hold that's right. You're a Texas guy too. Did we get in? Did we get in? You know, you know what we had, Kyle.
Speaker 2: What you have?
Speaker 7: Our coach showed up to the office, getting back to work, just back to work. We just need to find out who our next to the border was. That's all he cared about. He didn't care about nobody else is in the building.
Speaker 6: Cap.
Speaker 9: He's going right back in the office on January second, too.
Speaker 7: Getting ready for the National Championship You're right, baby, you're right.
Speaker 2: Getting ready for the National championship game. Yeah, that's gonna be a fun game. Texas Washington. I'm sure there's plenty of Texas longhorned fans listened to this show.
Speaker 6: Could we did it last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was there for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, the mobile.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what was the result?
Speaker 2: Washington won more or less? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Interesting, majority of our players are back.
Speaker 2: I was about to say Texas sat some guys in that game, and they're not sitting anybody in the college football.
Speaker 6: Majority of our guys are back. I know the better.
Speaker 2: Trust me. If I had that thig.
Speaker 9: That's big and that's like it.
Speaker 10: Twelve hundred yard rusher towards a cl and then replaced him with another guy that's averaging one hundred yards.
Speaker 2: How many guys are you, guys sending to the Heisman finalists?
Speaker 9: How many are you? How many are gonna win?
Speaker 2: Guys, we're already starting this.
Speaker 9: We got a month of this, we got a whole of it.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 2: And then we've got John over here across the table that's from Detroit. But you hate Michigan, right, yeah, yeah, very much?
Speaker 6: So why does that work?
Speaker 9: Unfortunately at Florida State as well.
Speaker 2: You see I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dang, you see them. See I don't go through, through and through.
Speaker 11: I am for the pro teams, but I didn't. I mean, you went to Washington. I didn't go to Michigan.
Speaker 6: Why do I have the roof? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You don't have to do anything. You're grown man, are you didda? Did you handle the Florida State news well? Or you upset about the whole.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody that who would.
Speaker 11: Yeah, honestly, like, if you handled that well, if that was your team, if it was a one loss, you know, we've all done dealt with that stuff. Rights to everybody you gotta want. Everyone's got one. But when you're an undefeated Power five conference champ and your non conference includes Florida and l s U, like, it's your fault that they sucked, your fault that Florida lshie worked as good as they normally are, Like, you can only schedule the games, you know, so that yeah, that's if they honestly, Like I even would have been fine with it if their nine conference was you know, some teams will just like their three nine conferences are just like come on, guys, what are we even doing here? You know, But when it's Florida and LSU, you're just kind of like, uh, this is what the games that would have played. I think all like quarterback being out, it's kind of a cop out thing, you.
Speaker 2: Think, So yeah, I think it's like an excuse a way to get out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, excuse, get the SEC.
Speaker 9: It's such a weak excuse.
Speaker 7: It's such So what are you guys thoughts? What do you guys think should have happened?
Speaker 9: Florida State should have been four?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't even think it's up for debating.
Speaker 6: Who do you think should have been three? Texas?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Texas?
Speaker 9: Have you Pike of the time now Georgia.
Speaker 6: No, you should go from one to eight when they.
Speaker 9: Went to six seven or six six six six.
Speaker 1: I just think that there's two different arguments.
Speaker 11: If you're trying to put the most deserving teams in, then I think Florida State's in. If you're trying to put the best teams in, they didn't get that ready either. Because Georgia is one of the best four teams. There's no debating that. So it's not come with this clown committee stuff about how, oh Georgia, Georgia is now still one behind Florida State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're fourteen point dog in that game.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 11: You don't really think that Georgia is below Florida State. So just do it real then if if you're hey, you want it started this year and do the best teams. Then do the best teams they lie to us?
Speaker 6: Who do you believe have been the best four teams in there?
Speaker 1: The best four teams? You're not gonna want to hear me.
Speaker 9: Well, go ahead, Liberty, No, it's tough.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 11: I I definitely think the best the best team is is Georgia. I think Alabama second. It's close with me between Michigan, Washington, and Texas. Yeah, you know I would. I don't think Florida State is one of them. I'm not naive to this. Surely I would have no other problem. But then even if you do that, then you're gonna have Washington or you're gonna have Texas whoever complaining about them being left out.
Speaker 2: So we have the most ranked wins.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean they're undefeated, so I would think Washington deserves to be in.
Speaker 2: Washington and Michigan are locks.
Speaker 1: And then like I can just I'm I'm just telling you this, nobody, You're.
Speaker 9: Gonna be so unbearable for the next.
Speaker 11: Nobody would be like you see that reaction of the Michigan Like I was just telling like you see.
Speaker 1: That reaction of the Michigan players when they.
Speaker 11: Saw and said, I'm telling you that's how all those teams would have been if they got Georgia instead of every team that they got, they'd be like, oh, I thought they were out. So just don't lie to me and make this phony thing of how, no, we're putting the best.
Speaker 1: No you're not. You know you're trying to find in.
Speaker 11: Let's be kind of like we're doing the right thing. But make sure you get cc team and make sure we get.
Speaker 6: I don't know how you drop from one to six or seven or whatever the heck it is.
Speaker 2: That's just especially if the the president that's being set by putting Alabama in has Georgia also should be in because they're just the best teams that's available. They're one of the four best teams. I think the committee got it right in terms of the four and the way that the scenario played out. It's a crazy scenario, absolutely wild scenario. I would have done the exact same thing, But I get your reasoning on Florida State deserved to be, in no doubt about it, but they're just in a peculiarly peculiar situation with the quarterback situation, the way that they played down the stretch and the way that teams are the way that the committee saw how they played in those games.
Speaker 1: That's the even thing. I don't even know if the committee saw it that way.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's very hard pan driven.
Speaker 11: I mean when you watch the games, like, did you would you guys sit there and watch like a Florida State Louisville ACEC championship game. Of course not most people didn't. That's fine, but if you watch that game the entire time, that's all they're talking about. Like it's just so driven on how they're not going to be It was like the game didn't even mean anything the way that like the ESPN was like sitting about it, and ESPN and and and and the SEC. I mean, they're obviously big brands. Man, they're they're in it together. It's about making money.
Speaker 2: Has anybody checked on no sea Walker?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's not in this conversation, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: They're back to back.
Speaker 2: He's at six.
Speaker 6: Very angry.
Speaker 2: I could imagine neither one of my top college football teams North Texas school I went to Baylor, the school that I grew up around. Neither one of them that may even made a bowl game. So you guys be happy that you had good seasons.
Speaker 6: Everybody has a down yere you had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it goes. All right, let's talk Cowboys. Sorry we took so long on college football, but we're all big college Oh.
Speaker 9: You do this is fire.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to I'm gonna uh.
Speaker 2: News and notes from the Cowboys over the weekend. Of course they got the big win, got the big win on Thursday night football. How have things kind of gone sense?
Speaker 13: Then?
Speaker 10: Well, talking about news and notes is that we're jumping into here. Well, we could start with Shack Leonard signing with Philadelphia yesterday. It was kind of starting to trend that way, and we were talking to some people yesterday and it was it was.
Speaker 9: It was kind of.
Speaker 10: Funny the people that were like, yeah, it's it's turning towards Philadelphia, and then almost immediately it was he signed with Philly.
Speaker 1: With those people, did you get the sense that it was it's gonna be tough to overcome this man.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 10: I know there were some health concerns in the building, but they would have been completely okay bringing him in and having that opportunity to you know, fit him in with this defense and have a run stopper like this.
Speaker 9: They were very excited about that possibility.
Speaker 10: But it's I mean, as we talked about as soon as the possibility opened, it's not gonna be the end of the world if they don't get them.
Speaker 9: Does it hurt that he goes to Philly of all places.
Speaker 2: Maybe behind that defensive line, Yes.
Speaker 9: It hurts tough.
Speaker 10: Yes, you know how much of a run stopper can he really be this season? And especially is he going to be ready this week? I don't feel like that's realistic right now, but I we'll see, We'll see, and if he is active on Sunday night, then I'm sure everyone's gonna be looking out for whatever number he's wearing.
Speaker 1: I'm fascinated to see how he plays.
Speaker 11: But then also the when the eventually the contract numbers will come out. I just found it interesting today this morning on the radio and one to five through the fan, when Jerry was asked about he said that when they met that they didn't even there was never any money of it mentioned. They didn't even talk get to money. It was more about, hey, this is what we want, this is how you can help us. We think you'll be a good fit in this way had lunch and that was more of and then obviously they looked into the health side of it as well. But I found it interesting that he said that they didn't even get into the financial side. So I'm interested to see when those numbers eventually do come out. Maybe there's a lot of incentives in the contract. But to your point, I remember you talking about like potentially like more than one year. I found interesting that it was only a one year deal. And the other interesting part about too, is that like the Eagles website like put that out immediately, like you know, there was like some reports that came out and then boom they were like we have signed you know, Shack Leonard one year deal or whatever. So obviously they didn't include the numbers, but I want to see what those are.
Speaker 1: I'm very interested in that.
Speaker 2: Especially with it being a one year deal. That was the conversation that we had was does he want to test free agency and does he want a two year deal. I know you thought a two year deal would have done him well.
Speaker 7: I think a two year deal would have done him well. But I mean, I understand signing a one year with Philly, I really do. I mean, I know, Cowboys fans don't want to hear that, but that's reality. If you're a linebacker, you're going to go where you're going to have the most freedom to roam without getting blocked. And the deepensive line that they have in Philadelphia allows for him to do that. He could roam free without any office a lineman being able to get up to him.
Speaker 6: And it just makes total sense. It makes total sense.
Speaker 7: That's why I said when he if he leaves this building without a contract, he's not coming back.
Speaker 6: I just knew that, knew it.
Speaker 7: Well, that was the plan all along. He was always I had a plan to go sleep five schools. After my third school, I canceled the rest of them. It was very you know what I'm saying like, it was very once you know, you know, but you.
Speaker 1: Don't, Okay, So you.
Speaker 11: Don't think that a player could potentially be like, I want to go to the Eagles, but let me just.
Speaker 1: Go check out.
Speaker 11: Oh, I don't know, their biggest rival, their most hated rival. Let me just go check it out. Like that a possible, that's a possibility. At least let me at least kick the tires. See what's going on.
Speaker 6: This is two of the best teams in the league. Yeah, when you're talking about Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: Eagles, based upon what's going on right now, these are two the best teams. So it makes sense that you would go see those two teams. But if you go to one and they don't talk to you about many money and money is a big part of your decision.
Speaker 11: But that's what I'm saying. Money is a big part of your decision. So you need leverage. You know, you need to be able to go to this team and go, hey, you know, I really like what you guys are doing. I'd like to join you, but you would at least Again, that's why I want to see the numbers. You want to at least have something like, Hey, also, your biggest rival is really interested in me too. I mean, that does had a factor to it.
Speaker 6: I think that can be it.
Speaker 7: I mean, obviously between the I wouldn't do that personally, so I can't speak for him, but I can say that he knows and everybody around the league knows that Philadelphia is going to go after what they want.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's what's one thing.
Speaker 2: That one they both need linebacker help to the other. Top team in the NFL right now is the San Francisco forty nine ers. They don't necessarily need linebacker help.
Speaker 10: Even if he would kick out in the middle of the game, and even if they do, if one it needs to get kicked.
Speaker 9: Out in the middle of the game, stategy out there.
Speaker 11: And even if he that was the case, I'm not saying it was, but that he wanted to have some leverage. I'm not saying that even if that was, that doesn't make you a bad person or anything like that. That's business. That's a smart move if you did something like that. I don't think that you should look any differently on a player if they were to do something like that. It's business at the end.
Speaker 6: Of the day.
Speaker 7: I just I just think that you know there's a chance when you go to Dallas that you that you may leave the building without a contract. When you go to Philly, you're not leading the building without a contry.
Speaker 6: You're just not.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we just we we know that sitting here. Players know that too. I'm a highly talented player. I'm somebody that everybody wants they have their hands on. I'm going to go to the arguably one of the best teams in the league and their defensive line is freaking amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just something you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: It's not just about this year though with me either, it's like my entire time covering the team. How many times they've just been nauseated at the reports that come out about a player being available, and how the Cowboys are one of the teams. Like there'll be four teams, but then there'll be four teams, but then there's always like one where they'll be like and then the Cowboys, and you know that they're not going to the Cowboys, but it's like always included in there.
Speaker 1: Actually it ties in with the colleg football playoff little bit.
Speaker 11: The Cowboys would love it if they did this by a committee because how many years would they be real close?
Speaker 1: They'd be like, no, no, no, Cowboys are.
Speaker 2: What they've got to come in.
Speaker 6: You got to the Cowboys.
Speaker 11: I mean you just see the numbers that they put up that that Thursday night game, the most streams that they've ever had.
Speaker 1: It just came out.
Speaker 11: This game this Sunday night is going to be one of the most watched games. Yeah, I mean, yeah, the Cowboys are just I feel like I'm not please remove the Jack Clary thing from this. I'm not saying him for this instance, but I'm just saying the Cowboys are used as leverage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens every off season, it happens in season, and then especially in a heated divisional race like this, it's.
Speaker 11: Let me else say, he's going to be very, very unbearable shackliner. He gets on the field and is a beast. We're not going to be able to deal with Isaiah.
Speaker 2: And I told you, I told you.
Speaker 7: It's just I mean, it's just that's it just makes sense as a linebacker, Like you think about some of the greatest linebackers in the game, they were playing behind really big defensive tackles. And if you want to roam free, and if you're a run stopper, like that's the biggest part of your game, how can I be most successful? Well, I can have some big boys in front of me that don't allow the office on line may get up to me.
Speaker 6: That's how you're successful as a linebacker. And that's what they have.
Speaker 7: And so it made sense from that from that regard, and then you add the aspect that those guys have been at the top of the league.
Speaker 6: They've been to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: These guys have a highly competitive, aggressive general manager. It was just gonna work that way if you left this building.
Speaker 2: The way that Philly got pressure on Brock Purty early in that game this past weekend, it was so impressive and it felt like Brock was just running for his life. And then somehow San Francisco figured it out when they started giving it to giving it to McCaffrey.
Speaker 6: Greatest trade in history.
Speaker 2: Ye Deebo Samuel got the rock a couple different times. That opened some things up and then they were able to kind of get around it. But man, yeah, Shack Leonard going to Philadelphia. I don't think it's a huge drop off. I really don't. I don't think this is a huge loss for the Cowboys. Just in the conversations across the building too that we had after his meeting, I don't think they were that worried about him, and I would honestly be willing to say that they're probably shocked Philly signed him. I legitimately think that's the case across the Billians, like, Wow, Philly even wanted them. I think that's probably in the cards too. Anything else for news and.
Speaker 9: Does, Yeah, not really.
Speaker 10: I mean we were able to talk to coordinators yesterday and Mike McCarthy it just kind of quick hitters. There doesn't seem to be any major injury concerns coming out of the three games in twelve days, So that's obviously a huge, huge deal when you can escape that and be able to come out on the other side healthy. Still some figuring out that they have to do with Peyton Hendershot. Mike McCarthy said that there would be an update on Wednesday about that, so tomorrow we'll probably have more on if Hendershot will be activated off the IR or if he'll stay on for the rest of the season.
Speaker 9: Curious if your guys' opinion there though.
Speaker 2: So with Hindershot specifically, Yeah, it is he healthy. That's my number one thing.
Speaker 10: He's at least from what we've seen in practice, he looks healthy, he looks ready to go. I don't think that's the concern. I think it's more so roster management at this point.
Speaker 2: That's tough because the one guy that I think you would take off of that spot would be maybe Sean McEwan. Yeah, and McEwan and I've been very critical of him throughout the last couple of years. Especially whenever we're watching games live and things like that. Maybe not on the air or anything, but I don't think he's a very good blocker, and he's supposed to be a blocking tight end. He's been good the last couple weeks. I gotta give him credit. He's been really good. When going back and watching the film, I think he's done a better job of opening things up, especially on the outside whenever they're pulling and they're they're kind of rolling with those zone blocking schemes, He's able to help that out significantly. If McEwan is playing like that consistently as the year goes on, I don't mind putting Peyton Hindershot on the i R for the rest of the season. If we're going to see some ups and downs from McEwan, give me hinder shot.
Speaker 6: Let's roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But that's an interesting conversation.
Speaker 6: So that Fank get moved up last week from practice.
Speaker 2: He got elevated from the practice.
Speaker 6: Squatter sawhim in pregame.
Speaker 10: I was like, well, and John Fossil was very complimentary of him yesterday actually, and what he was able to do.
Speaker 9: On special teams.
Speaker 10: They weren't able to do much because there was no punts and every kickoff was a touchback.
Speaker 9: But he said he's.
Speaker 6: Sure physical dude that is going to give you high effort.
Speaker 7: I mean that's what special teams is all about, right, So I mean that makes sense, that makes sense. But I was curious. I was, yeah, seeing him in a tight end warm up, so I was like, oh, I have a question mark. But in terms of hinder shot, I think he could be resource. I don't know where his head's at. I think that's what it comes down to for Hindershot. When he when his head's in the right space, I think he's a heck of asset. I think he's shown that in practice things that we've seen in training camp. When he's in his own head, he's he's a he's a freaking snapshot of what he truly can be like in training camp and talked about it significantly exactly.
Speaker 6: So I don't I don't know where he's at.
Speaker 7: So if he's a healthy Hindershot who has his mind ready to rock and roll, I think he could be one heck of an asset. He's confident, he can't be guarded as a at the receiving side of things. In terms of tight end blocking wise, you would definitely take a hit, but you know, what you would gain in the receiving game might be something that that could help your team out.
Speaker 6: But it's all dependent on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough for me to disagree with any of that.
Speaker 11: I thought he was going to be a pretty big part of this team this year, but where things are trended now, I just don't I don't see that happening. But yeah, I didn't even think about it from that perspective as a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it is a good way for him to reset and get ready and go into another year worth of training off season things like that that kind of clear your mind and then get after it again in training camp.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that one.
Speaker 2: That one's interesting with Peyton Hendershot because Jake Ferguson continues to step up. Luke schoon Maker has been blocking better, McEwan's been blocking better. You you elevated. No a fan who could help you out with special teams Princeton Princeton fan. Sorry, not no a fan on the Seattle side of things last week. But yeah, there's there's ways there that I think you can you can utilize Hindershot, But if you're going to take a roster spot away. It's gonna be taken away from the tight end room. You're not gonna take it from anywhere else on this.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think an interesting caveat to all of this too is, you know, you have a very young, exciting prospect in John Stevens that'll be ready next year. How much of hindershot do you want to see before then? Do you want to see?
Speaker 6: Point?
Speaker 10: You know it's the same type of titand as well it's a receiving tight end. You know, how much of hindershot do you want to see on the field before Stevens is back healthy and being able to play? And I'll tell you I've been seeing Stevens more and more around the facility recently. He's starting to look good and he's stayed in the weight room too. I'm really excited to see him, see him on the drugs machine. It's super excited to see him a camp next year. He's gonna be a fun one.
Speaker 2: Even whenever he got hurt. One of the first weeks after he got.
Speaker 7: Hurt, this dude, Yeah, before he even had his surgery, he was out there.
Speaker 2: He was on the drugs machine. Yeah. Yeah, really impressed. John Stevens.
Speaker 11: Yeah, these guys they have like your own at home.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 11: You know what.
Speaker 7: It's funny that you're actually saying that, because I'm actually in the middle right now of emailing a company in Europe about ordering a soccer version of the Judge Machine for my kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, loved Judge machine.
Speaker 9: Big jugs guy.
Speaker 6: You know you know what we're chilling. We'll leave that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you should probably probably.
Speaker 11: Whether that brought up those because I've heard of guys buying them and having them at there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a there's a company.
Speaker 1: Who do you have loaded that.
Speaker 6: There's a company called Monarch.
Speaker 7: Right, so there's a company called Monarch that actually is a high tech version of a Judge machine and you don't need anybody to operate it. You put the balls, you put six balls in and it's like programmed and you could literally shoot all sticks about by yourself.
Speaker 6: Thank good, all right, I like it.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you.
Speaker 6: You get with news and notes. Yeah, you've done.
Speaker 2: That's one way to knock it out, all right. When we come back, we're taking your calls. Eight eight eight five five two two nine seven eight eight eight eight five five two two ninety seven. Give us a text at eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. We'll be back with more talking cowboys. Right after the talking.
Speaker 3: Jugs, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatable planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 15: Black Rifle Coffee Company sirs premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you were directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official.
Speaker 2: Coffee of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up.
Speaker 2: Today, Cowboys fans. After that move, we've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 16: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his.
Speaker 7: Bank of America Mobile Banking app, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 16: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't stop Banking.
Speaker 2: Evericay, it's only available in the English language. Must download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on so like mobile devices. Message in dat rags, apply a number FBIC.
Speaker 17: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you doctor?
Speaker 3: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 18: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier.
Speaker 17: To cry out, Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. This segment of the show is brought to you by a Quaker Oats, a super trusted super food. Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Give us a call eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven, or you could hit us up on the podcast text line eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. All right, let's see if we can find some questions.
Speaker 6: See this is.
Speaker 2: From the eight three too. Because the Niners ran so well over the Eagles, running should not only be the plan, but it should be a priority. Very seldom will a good team allow the same thing to happen to them next week. How can you be creative in the run game, Isaiah, I'll let you start with that one out.
Speaker 7: Okay, So running the ball against a big, physical defensive front is a good game plan if you have the guys that can move those big physical guys off the light of scrivage. And I'm not saying that Dallas can't, but you hit. There's an attitude that goes with the San Francisco forty nine ers running game, Like the San Francisco forty nine is beat up the Eagles the same way that forty Niners beat up the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: That doesn't sound good, but that's the truth.
Speaker 12: It is.
Speaker 1: Yea real quick on that.
Speaker 11: Do you see any other team because I don't feel like there's another team that does that. That physical on the Niners left, Like, is there another team in the AFC anything that you think is close to them?
Speaker 10: No, you're talking about physicality, physicality, and Seattle is super physical.
Speaker 9: It's a super physical defense. Yes, specific yes, very much defenses.
Speaker 7: From the mainly from the secondary right and the like linebacker the secondary right. San Francisco's physical, like their their trenches just are just just a beast.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: So in terms of like that's my style of play, like bullyball, Like I love to be able to air it out and all those things, just like Sam fran does, Right, they like to air it out, get you know, Brandon Ayuk the ball, get Deebow the ball. But ultimately they can always fall back on what handing that thing off the c mac and just moving you off the line of scrimmage and de yeah in deebo Right. But like that's what I envisioned for the Cowboys to be able to do. But it takes not only the personnel to do it, but it takes an attitude. And one of the reasons why I've been so adamant about getting Tony Pollard touches and getting recodoutto more touches earlier in the season is so that you can build that confidence in your offensive line and that they have that companies within themselves that when they stepped to the line of scrimmage, there's no question marks around surrounding whether or not they can move anybody, regardless of who's on the posing side of the line of scrimmage. Like you should have that mentality like the old Dallas Cowboys right back when you had to marcol Murray and all them cads and Zeke and all everybody else that was in there, you knew when step to the line of scrimmage, we can run the ball against anybody. I don't I don't think that this Dallas team at this point in time has that confidence. And you need that and you have the personnel to do it, but it's an attitude that comes with it. And the attitude comes based upon your confidence.
Speaker 2: Is that something you can find over the course of a season though?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 7: But like you, now you're getting down to the nitty gritty, right, So, like it's a little late, and now you're about to start facing the teams that you would have liked to had the confidence going into with, you know, in the running game with So that's why I've been so adamant about Hey, like, twelve touches for Tony Pouler, that's not that's not enough, you know, And now they've been creeping up towards you know. Now I think last game was twenty touches for him. But like you, that's less not even it's less about Tony Pollard, more about the office of line, the office line, their continuity and their ability to cut step to the line of scrimmage and just feel like, hey, we got some dogs up here, you know, you do, you have some personnel, you have some guys up there with some attitude.
Speaker 6: He still Tyler Smith tyring exactly.
Speaker 7: You got dudes up there, you know, even Tyler be honest, Like, they have the attitude, but they have to have the confidence together to be able to go out regardless of what front they're facing, not just personnel, but the different types of fronts when the shifts happen, when the linebackers shift over, like knowing that there one a cord to be able to go out there and execute their combo blocks and whatever else adjustments they have to make.
Speaker 6: You need that.
Speaker 7: I mean, the last thing you want to be doing is facing stiffer competition trying to wonder if you're going to be able to execute your assignment.
Speaker 10: I think the big difference between the last time that they played Philadelphia and now when it comes to that point you kind of mentioned it a little bit, is there's more chemistry on that offensive line with every game that they stack and they're able to stay healthy and be on the field the entire game. You can see that confidence building, and you can see it specifically in the protection game for Dak Prescott, but there's kind of fruits of that labor in the running game as well.
Speaker 9: You see it them in the red zone.
Speaker 10: I think more so than anything we talked about early in the season, with those big red zone struggles that they have. They're still around, but it's not as big as it was, and that's an attribute to Tony Poller being able to find a little bit of runninglanes. I think he's three straight games now with a rushing touchdown and they're all coming in inside the red zone. The more confidence that those guys build up front, I think it's only gonna help that running game succeed.
Speaker 9: And that's that's the reason I would say.
Speaker 10: I mean, there should be some confidence going into this game for the running game because of what you've been able to stack in recent weeks. How that offense looked against Philadelphia without the running game. If you can add that piece, then maybe that's the difference between twenty eight twenty three and thirty one twenty three or who knows, you know. So I think that if they're able to put that together, then it might be a different result.
Speaker 11: An offensive line is not this sexy position, and it gets lost in the conversation so often.
Speaker 1: But I do find it.
Speaker 11: Interesting how tied as the three favorites right now for MVP are Dak, Hurtz, and Purdy, and all of their play is tied to they have to have good office blind play in front of them, and you've seen I can't say as much that I've watched Purty as much as I have with Jalen and Dak, but you can just tell, like, like when Jalen doesn't have Lane Johnson, like it's just a different thing. And obviously when Dak has had so many times over these last few years, we're just rotating offensive line. I don't think it's a coincidence that some of his best ball that he's if not his best ball, is being played right now when he has had his point.
Speaker 1: A lot of the time.
Speaker 7: See, And I still don't think that you've seen the best Deck. Yeah, as good as Deck is playing, I still think that he needs a solid running game to be able to be the true him. Now that's not to say to be an effective version of Deck, which he has been, but I still think if you get this running game, like going to the point where you're like, man, I don't care what y'all do, y'allay eight in the box, like we're coming downhill.
Speaker 2: The final Infinity stuff exactly, that's the final thing, and then the gaunt ready to roll.
Speaker 10: I will say in that first half against Seattle, they were running under center so much, they were considerably more than they have the entire season.
Speaker 2: Said that all the broadcast do like, he's under he's under center again. I hate I went back and back. You know, Okay, Dallas actually runs the second most run I don't want to have two conversations rolling, but to to uh, their their second in the NFL in terms of under center snaps, which I found surprising the fact that they ranked that high. They run under center thirty five percent of the time, which shocks me.
Speaker 9: It felt like it You're right.
Speaker 2: It felt more like about fifty percent first.
Speaker 10: And the reason we bring that up is because that's able to integrate so much more play action and allow Dak to be able to work at what he does best. But I think it came probably late second quarter. They were like, Hey, we're not really threatened by this running game, so we're gonna go ahead and let you do your play action if you want to. And it ended up working out for them. They ended up coming back and shotgun in the second half and it worked out great for him. But I thought it was really interesting that they were able to not only do both of those things and do them well, but you know, succeed in the long term with it and use it as much as they did.
Speaker 2: Great question from the eight three too. All right, let's go to New York where Mike is our first caller today on a Philly week version of Talking Cowboys. Mike, what's on line?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 13: Guys?
Speaker 4: My biggest key to the Cowboy and Eagle game is penalties. We have to see way more disciplined, way more discipline. And Jaia, I got something to say. I know you're going to pick the Eagles on Friday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't know what I'm going to pick.
Speaker 4: I know you're gonna go into against Dallas.
Speaker 6: Hey, you don't know what I'm gonna pick.
Speaker 7: But you know what, I'm glad that you're finally on board in terms of the penalties because that is something that I've been talking about for a long time that has been getting overlooked by the Dallas Cowboys nation because of the blowouts. Right when you went on that run of three four games blowing teams out, like the one thing that nobody was paying attention to was that seven.
Speaker 6: Eight nine penalties one hundred plus yards penalties.
Speaker 7: Nobody cared about it, right, But now it's a conversation because.
Speaker 6: Now it affects all right, thanks for the call for dub.
Speaker 7: Now it affects everything, Like penalties can literally disrupt everything that you're doing.
Speaker 2: Everything MIDDLEB drives, so defensive stops.
Speaker 1: I'm interested in all your guys take on this.
Speaker 11: What do you think the percentage is on that being on players versus and coaching, because I can't say that it's one hundred percent coaching or I think it's more coaching than it is player. But why do you think that the penalty Do you think that? I think there's a mindset that comes with it. Yes, I think that sometimes.
Speaker 6: About like like what's tolerated.
Speaker 10: Yes, okay, yes, the discipline is discipline at the end of the day, you know, I think it's I think it's more player based, but I think there is emphasis that you can make during the week and coaching, but at the end of the day, it comes it comes down to what's going on in here, that's that's player.
Speaker 6: I agree. I agree with stuff exact Yeah, I agree with that exactly.
Speaker 9: What I mean.
Speaker 6: I come from an era where they were like real consequences.
Speaker 7: I can't speak to what consequences are going on in this particular locker room.
Speaker 6: But you make an error like you're sitting down like the.
Speaker 9: Old ahead of you don't know the days it is. It's true, man, Like it was so long.
Speaker 7: It was like I retired ten years ago, like ball was different ten years ago.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 7: It was completely you know, like I mean, you hear Tom Brady talking about it, he just shut it down.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Tom Brady start talking about Rodnie Lotton, he retired like ninety five, came close to playing with them. Yeah, I throw it back. Man, We're gonna hear it. We're gonna I just can't wait. We're gonna hear Lebron like ten fifteen years from now. And when I played, it was just so physical and everything like that.
Speaker 2: It was like, what what are you talking about?
Speaker 9: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I cut you off. I apologie.
Speaker 6: Now you're fine. Fine, I don't even know what I was saying about the penalty.
Speaker 2: You're talking about penalties and how it can disrupt.
Speaker 7: Your Yeah, no, it's it's something that has to be addressed. It really has to be addressed. And I'm not sure what the consequences of repercussions have to be from the coaching staff to make sure that that is an emphasis uh uh, and the importance on this team. But it has to be corrected because it's going to kill you. It killed you in playoffs.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm saying. It's not just a one year thing.
Speaker 6: This is recurrent.
Speaker 11: I mean you go back to fans throwing stuff at at the reps after the Niners game a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: This is not a oho. This is an issue for twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: The NFL penalties in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now they're at the top of the league again, second and second second Seattle, Yeah, saying it has to be it has to stop.
Speaker 2: It was a battle for the first place, because.
Speaker 7: It's going to destroy You might be in the game neck and neck with the Philadelphia Eagles or maybe even you know, against Detroit or Miami or whatever else. Is going to come down this down the road here is pretty soon and there's gonna be a penalty that's gonna literally just your drive is gonna either pump you out a field goal position or it's going to extend that drive of the opposing offense is gonna put them in a position to score points, like, there's gonna be something if it continues this way that's going to kill you.
Speaker 11: It's interesting though, because when you mentioned about the leading and penalties, and we have the perfect, perfect person to bring this up with here, I want to say the year that the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, they might have led.
Speaker 2: The league in penalties twenty seventeen, and.
Speaker 1: So I wonder if that might be.
Speaker 11: It's fine, like if it's some stuff on the back end of the defense as opposed to like the pre snap stuff that you just cannot have. But that was a physical style that that Seahawks defense played with that led to a lot of penalties that I think a lot of people talk about how they were so physical in the back end where it'd be like, yeah, you're gonna throw some flags, but you're not gonna flag everyone's just our play style. So but you don't see that with this with this cout, you think that they can improve in those areas doesn't have.
Speaker 2: To be part of the twenty fourteen when they won the Super Bowl, they did lead the league in penalties. Yeah, so that that was the case. They also led it in twenty seventeen, That's why I said twenty seventeen. Initially, I don't know why I.
Speaker 6: Thought they that year.
Speaker 2: That was the Yeah, that was the year Philly won it. Philly was top ten in that as well.
Speaker 11: So Philadelphia they won the super Bowl that year. Even though their quarterback got hurt, they still let them play and they won.
Speaker 1: With their back and forth. Okay, sorry, go ahead there. Yeah, yeah, well the committee would not have put them in if that if that was.
Speaker 2: Like now, but the NFL committee.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but you don't see that with this team.
Speaker 7: I think the only way that you overcome like a vast number of penalties at penalties is by having turnovers. If you can create the turnovers, that's the only way that you can literally overshadow you know what I'm saying, and submerge what's happened in terms of the negative aspect of penalties.
Speaker 9: I'll give you another one.
Speaker 10: Just getting off the field, and I think that really hurt them in this last game. I think it was nine for fourteen. Seattle was on third down, Like if you can pair penalties with okay, here's a fifteen yard penalty. They just gave up tough, Okay, just get them off the field.
Speaker 9: You know, and they're not.
Speaker 10: They weren't able to do that against Seattle, and that's what really started to stack that confidence for that Seattle offense. And then yeah, it was just a one turnover and it didn't end meaning anything.
Speaker 7: So but I mean, do you think about it, on the flip side from that last game, Dallas might have been in some real trouble had it not been for Seattle penalties. Yes, Dallas will have their back against the wall, and it was not looking good.
Speaker 2: Seattle the gated Dallas's penalty struggles because of their because penalties, So it had some of those penalties not being called against Seattle.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure we're sitting here talking about a victory. Yeah, you don't say so. I mean, that's just on both sides of you know, that happens for either team.
Speaker 10: For me, I want a team that is middle of the road when it comes to penalties in the league because that shows that you're being physical, but you're also being a little bit diligent and disciplined.
Speaker 9: Looking at the teams.
Speaker 10: Right now that are not penalized or penalized the least in the NFL right now, you got the Raiders, Vikings, Bengals, Jaguars, Chargers Commanders. Like, sure, there's a couple of playoff teams in there, but like there's there's a severe gap there. Of course, you want you want the Baltimore, New New Orleans, Kansas City that's like fifteen through eighteen Niners are in there as well. You want that physicality, You want a little bit of balance there. But that balance is being right now. You gotta get you gotta line up on side.
Speaker 7: You just want to you want to limit the amount of negative plays. You know what happens is the most frustrating, the most Yeah, I mean the one of the most frustrating things about football is if you go out there to have a major play and you look back and you see a flag, It's like, come on, man, especially if it's an unneeded like and there's a backside play lineup or a lineup you know, something that doesn't affect the play at all, you know, pre snap penalties like those things are, or a holding that just just let them go.
Speaker 6: You know, just those things just destroy you.
Speaker 7: So I would I really hope. I mean, I know the coaching staff is addressing these things. I'm not do need to hope, but it needs to be addressed in a way that really, yeah, it resonates with players so that they're just like, all right, all right, I'm pulling off. You know, whether that's not guys, hey, you're losing snaps because of it, or you're gonna be running lines or whatever it might be.
Speaker 6: You know, it has to hit home.
Speaker 7: It has to be it has to be more important to these guys to not hurt their team, because that's what it does. It hurts your team.
Speaker 2: Let's take our second break. When we come back, We've got two calls we want to get to, and then we'll wrap things up here on Talking Cowboys. It is a Talking Tuesday on Philly Week. We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 18: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cat utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 15: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list forever? Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees, roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the coffee club today.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per day. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatable planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment has brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Of course, Black Rifle Coffee Company, bringing you Talking Cowboys here on this Talking Tuesday. Let's check in with Dan and Florida. You're on Talking Cowboys. What's going on? Dan?
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, how are you doing great?
Speaker 2: What's on your mind?
Speaker 13: First and foremost, Kyles, congrats on the triplets.
Speaker 6: Thank you, hey, uh, you know sindipers.
Speaker 13: Unfortunately for me, Uh, Isaiah and Nick stold some of my thunder. But I wanted to talk about the old line and I wanted a shout out to Mike McCarthy from what he's doing with Tyrone on a third. But I don't know if you guys saw this one play. It was the touchdown pass with Ferguson. Uh, Tyler's covered, Tyrone is covered, and there's a delayed glitz in the B gap and Tyler or Tyrone rather punches the d M to the outside. He slides back inside and it wasn't like a two foot slide either. It was you know, you know, a couple of yard slide, and he keeps the guy off that and basically knocks him into the d into daylights to the right. Okay, that was That was a little bit of attitude, and to to what Isaiah was saying, I think they're really really developing it up front, and I think, you know, I think it comes from Martin and from Tyrone and Tyler. Now, Tyler's a beast. The other thing I just wanted to throw out and I totally expect to get being up by Isaiah on this one, and that is you know, we still have red zone issues. Okay, I'm a I get really frustrated when we're in shotgun on the two yard line, three yard line. Okay, I know you mentioned, Uh, Kyle, we get under center a lot, but I'm gonna throw this out. I'm gonna throw this out and two options. Uh. One of them is from the Telling More book maybe, and that is why don't we put Mazi Smith there leading a guy like ric O'Donnell into the end zone, you know, just up the middle, or another one where I'm gonna get beating up on. We got a beast back there in Parsons who used to be a full back in high school. Or you know, something has to happen down there. You don't want to get into a kite game and you can't score. And that's what happened to Philly the other day. Okay, if they score on one of those first two possessions, maybe the you know, maybe that game changes. And the last thing we beat Philly to meet as the hardest game the rest of the way is Buffalo and that's because of the weather. I'll hang up, guys, you'd be well.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the call as always.
Speaker 7: Dan, So a couple of things there, so not gonna beat you up. I am also a fan of being under center. That's just I guess the generation that I came from. I like under center. I hate it as well when you get down there on the two yard line and you go five yards back just to get the ball.
Speaker 2: I will say. I say it every time that it's a short yardage situation one or two yards and they go into the shotgun. He say, why are we in the shotgut?
Speaker 6: It drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: So in terms of I don't think it's that bad.
Speaker 6: It's crazy. Get a full head of steam. Yeah, seven yards back they do too. So the thing okay.
Speaker 7: In terms of options, in terms of being physical physical, I think the options that the Dallas Cowboys would have in terms of fullbacks, I wouldn't put Mazie back there. I think option number one is going to be Hunter Liftkey, okay. Option number two for me. Option number two for me is Sam Williams uh and option and option number three for me is Princeton fan if he's if he's elevated, I like that.
Speaker 6: I love those are my options.
Speaker 7: I would honestly put Princeton first, but most.
Speaker 6: Likely he's not going to be elevated.
Speaker 7: I think he's the most physical out of all those guys I just mentioned. If you had to come downhill in one direction, I would not want to get in his way.
Speaker 11: I don't think the coaching staff, just from things I've heard in conversations I've had with people in the building, I don't think they want to risk Micah Parson is getting hurt in that situation. So that's the biggest reason why you haven't seen him there. And also Micah doesn't have any interest in being a lead full back. He wants to want the ball, and I don't know that they're as comfortable with his ball security as probably he is.
Speaker 1: So that's just the one thing there and him.
Speaker 10: I am such a huge fan of throwing big guys up there in the jump both set, especially defensive guys, and Texas did it in the Big Tell Championship and throw a touchdown at Devandre Sweat and it's like, yeah, I love that, But again, the injury risk. A, there's a lot more money involved on this level, and then B you also have the personnel to be able to fit that in on the offensive side.
Speaker 11: So to the college point, though, I will say I mean Mike McCarthy is a guy that used b J Raji in that role defensive tackle when he has a green bay.
Speaker 2: The Dallas currently rang seventeenth in the NFL in terms of red zone percentage, so right dead middle of the water, right where, not where they have been in the past, but certainly somewhere where they can improve. All right, final caller, David in Pennsylvania, you're on talking Cowboys. It's Philly week. You're up in Pennsylvania. What's going on?
Speaker 12: It's rough, got to tread lightly around.
Speaker 2: I was kind of hoping that at least you were on the right side of things and you weren't just trying to call in the troll. So thank goodness, you're doing the Lord's work.
Speaker 10: Are you using an alias right now? Are you using an alias right now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 12: No, But I'll tell you what I did. Go to a Philly game a couple of years back, and I borrowed my friend's Philadelphia sweatshirt to wear over my T shirt, and the whole game I didn't get harassed. These girls were sitting in front of me celebrating, and I play along celebrating with the Eagles accomplishment. But we were winning so much. I told my buddy we got a long drive. We got to get out of hear him before we left. The girl turned around to celebrate, and I pulled up my sweatshirt. I said, sorry, I can't do it.
Speaker 11: I'm a.
Speaker 2: Surgeon.
Speaker 6: I love It's insurgent.
Speaker 12: From then on.
Speaker 6: I love your dedication.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you you revealed it because I don't know if a whole lot of Cowboys fans would do what you did in the first place and wear the disguise. But then once you are behind enemy lines, you built that trust up and you tore them down that wash. I like it fast, it's very nice.
Speaker 12: Well. I took my second wife, who's now my ex wife.
Speaker 6: She was a Lesion fan.
Speaker 12: I took her down to Dallas for a game, and the worst thing that was said to her was you could have worn something different. I mean, the hospitality of Dallas was just over the top.
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh man, yeah, you gotta get it.
Speaker 6: What number are you on right now? You find me asking.
Speaker 12: Free? I love it, And she's a cow Boys Ye, I don't mean, I don't I don't really have a question or I want to talk about football. I just want to put one comment in there that somebody can get a work to Dak not to chew his fingernails on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll uh, I'll see what I can do that.
Speaker 12: Don't look too good.
Speaker 2: Don't you don't like it?
Speaker 6: Why not? It looks like he's nervous body language.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe it's just personal grooming. That's it is.
Speaker 12: It probably is for years now. I don't have to chew it.
Speaker 2: It was that your first year.
Speaker 9: Second he was chewing them a lot in the first one. Chewing them a lot in the first one.
Speaker 12: And I love your guys, I appreciate Thank.
Speaker 6: You Dave for the call.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Keep doing the Lord's work up in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Oh, any way, I've seen it.
Speaker 11: I've seen an Eagle security guard have like a cowboy shirt underneath his No, I've seen it happen. I've also seen Eagles reity guards on the field by the tunnel sit there and and when fans are yelling stuff to the cowboys running out like pregame warm ups, like them yelling back to the fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah good good, getting their head, getting their head.
Speaker 13: I'm just like.
Speaker 6: You're the ego security. Push players try and grab.
Speaker 2: Interesting, interesting, what happens.
Speaker 6: That's the new strategy. That is the new strategy.
Speaker 9: Honestly, I am completely What is the NFL going to do about that?
Speaker 6: Because if that they don't, then that's the new strategy.
Speaker 2: They're gonna try that.
Speaker 1: Down like real hard. If it happens again, they'll like it will be some some dragon or something.
Speaker 7: What stops you from telling you all your staff right when somebody comes over there antagonize them?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, what's talk about that? As long as some one gets hurt, Like I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: Like, but you don't want the player to get thrown out?
Speaker 11: Then yeah, okay, I'm just gonna say because that's.
Speaker 9: What I'm talking about, that was soft.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think if you don't.
Speaker 6: If they don't punish him, then that's the new strategy for every team.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think they're gonna punish him.
Speaker 6: They have to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're gonna he's gonna be a hey push, They're one of their best players.
Speaker 6: Was gonna be Jackie. We'll take care of you the locker room buddy, all right.
Speaker 2: That doesn't talking Cowboys here on this Tuesday. When we come back tomorrow, we're gonna hit some national storylines and we're gonna preview the Cowboys defensive matchup against Philadelphia. They've got their hands full again because of these weapons Jalen Hurts and company. And then Thursday we'll have QB Vision. We'll talk about the jug machine and get everything rolling in the right direction. Uh on Thursday as well. But for Chris Beam, Isaiah stand Back, John Machoda, and Caras Kyle. So long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you tomorrow. This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.