Speaker 1: Shanty. I'm so excited for today, me too. What are you most excited about? You're like to get it over with No, just to yup with you, sweety. I don't mean it all right, I'm just gonna all right ready. Hey, everyone, welcome back to another episode of fhut Around and find Out. I'm here with my girl as Shanty Shawty. What's up? Hey?
Speaker 2: Everything is great.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to talk about the tournament. We're finally in March. We are in playoff time, so yeah, let's talk about this big East tournament that you guys won. Hey, but yeah, let's talk about the first game, because that was super exciting. You guys played Georgetown and as you know, your mom went to Georgetown, killed it out there and was honored as like one of the legends.
Speaker 1: What was that like?
Speaker 3: Hearing her like, hearing her name in the crowd and her being celebrated.
Speaker 1: In that moment, It was amazing. I'm really proud of her. She talks to me a little bit about her career, her time in college and whatnot, and to see her get recognized was well. I didn't get to actually watch, but to see all the videos, the pictures, just to see like the light be shined on her to see her get that recognition. I thought it was incredible, and especially for George shown to do it my last year so I could be a part of it. I think it was just amazing. So shout out Georgetown. But my mom is amazing and I'm so proud of her. That's really special. And yeah, shout out to miss Katie. Uh it was.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful to watch. I was so proud and I can imagine how proud you were. Did any of your teammates or your coaches say anything about your mom being honored?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of them just said how cool that was, and some of them congratulated her to her face, and some of them just told me to pass the message along. But it was It's so cool. I mean, how many times you get to see like a player and their mom get to play and the mom gets to be recognized, Like that's so rare. So yeah, I'm so proud of her and I'm so lucky to be her kid. Ah, and now you're killing it.
Speaker 3: Was there any advice your mom gave you going into this tournament, because I mean, she's played at the highest level, so I feel like I mean, of course I get her pregame text.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to read them all to you.
Speaker 2: I'm scared.
Speaker 1: It's usually summed up to just being aggressive and enjoying myself out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, definitely looked like you were having fun. We were having a blast in the crowd. I yo, speaking of there's so much to say. I don't even know what to start, Like your family pop up. First of all, is your number one fan, hands down. I've experienced being around them, but I feel like playoff time Papa. I don't even think he sat down for like more than a minute to turn the game.
Speaker 1: He's insane.
Speaker 3: But the crowd was definitely tuned in. Did you see the fat heads out there? There was one of Tim, Katie, you Sarah.
Speaker 1: The fats were good, and the one of my mom. I wasn't expecting that one. That was my favorite.
Speaker 3: The crowd was definitely turned Ezy jerseys everywhere, Yukon jerseys everywhere.
Speaker 2: Your brother, bro, he was wearing a Katie wig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was back. It looked better on Philip. I will say that wig did look better on Philip. I was I'm like, who is that and why? Why? Where did he get this? But I am a support of the Katie Wig.
Speaker 3: Honestly, if my hair wasn't in braids, I absolutely would have been rocking at Katiewig.
Speaker 2: Just just wait till I take these out.
Speaker 1: It's scared.
Speaker 3: So we got a couple of rounds coming up, so be prepared. I might have to bring it.
Speaker 1: Bring us the go Bob, the pink Bob.
Speaker 2: Listen, you gotta activate the bob.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you've now played in four Big East tournaments.
Speaker 2: Which one's your favorite?
Speaker 1: I mean, they all hold special memories, like my first one to your first championship in college, that one, That one's a lot of fun, and then I would say that one in this last one. Mm hmm. I think we're probably my favorites. Your first one and then this last one. Getting to win it with this group, and then I feel like usually there's only freshmen who haven't won something when you're at Yukon, and so you expect them to be excited and for it to be like a great moment for them it's their first one. And then this year it was different because you have we had Sarah who I think that was one of my favorite moments from the weekend was her being like I get a shirt and a hat, like let's go, this is their first time winning something, and I thought, just like being able to see that like real emotion from her, I thought that was special, Like you don't get to see that much and not that like winning gets old here, but this is my fifth Big East tournament, so like we're expected to win, and so yes, it's exciting, but it's also expected, so it kind of changes your your reaction to that. So to see that that the Sarah's reaction, I thought was amazing.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful. I love seeing y'all celebrate. It's deserved. You know, you guys have so far the perfect season, and what a great way to like cap it off.
Speaker 1: Right, you guys are now.
Speaker 3: Big East Champs, So congratulations to you and thank you five times Big East battye.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: It could be my Instagram crash whenever. I like that.
Speaker 3: Don't even start with whenever you post, because then they're gonna be charging me up in the comments.
Speaker 1: And who I tried to post yesterday but they didn't have pictures uploaded, so it's.
Speaker 3: Not my fault, all right, She'll try again in six months, okay, So Big East Champion perfect regular season. You're going into now the NCAA Tournament. Is there anything you're doing to keep you centered and ready as you guys continue to play in March.
Speaker 1: Well, I think at this time of the year, you've defined that balance. And this is something I've learned like throughout my time in college, because I definitely before was like work, work, work, and so like listening to your body and really like listening to what it needs. Some days it's more rest, some days it's getting a little bit of extra shots up. Some days it's like that individual workout before practice. But at this time of the year, like your body needs, like your body needs to be at the performing at its best. So we've had a couple off days this week, being able to actually take a physical and mental break a step away from the gym because you don't really get that mid season, So that was nice. But yeah, I think just making sure that like all the those little things your body, your mind, you're eating right, those are super important this month. All right, Basically just staying locked in is when I'm here. Yeah, I mean That's what I've been doing all season, but extra it's working, it's working. Wait, I didn't even get to ask that was your first Big East tournament.
Speaker 2: Scared not? It was crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie one I know. If I ever come back, I'm just staying. The Mohegan Sun is huge. It is like a mega mall with a hotel and every story you could want. I was trying my best not to spend a bag in there, but listen, some of my favorite stories was up in there. And they had a cream big bag Yep, big back, big back, big bag.
Speaker 1: Big That was me. And I definitely ate Chris Krean every single day.
Speaker 3: I like the coach store, I like the I can't even say this, but the little like Chris.
Speaker 1: Yep that I've already bought everything in there, so.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you I And also there was just a bunch of different things that I've never like ex seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a good time exploring with your family. The vibes was lit. I do have to tell a story, please sure, So you know your family. They are lit, they are fun, they are crazy. So we decide to go to dinner. We had dinner almost every night there, and you know, me and Papa, we locked in Okay, so naturally I'm sitting I don't remember I think I was just chatting with maybe Tulula, which is Jose's girlfriend, and maybe Papa, I don't know. But they bring out a mechanical bull. So I'm like, you know, oh, look there's a bull. Let's write it. Ha haha, just jokes, right, No, next thing, you know it, Tulula's like, let's go, We're going. I was like, wait, no, oh, like no, like, we don't have to do this.
Speaker 1: I was like, let's go.
Speaker 2: We're doing it.
Speaker 3: We go over sign our lives away, paid a little ten dollars And when I say I was on that bull fighting for my life, it was me and Tululu who wrote it. It was crazy. My legs are sore like four days later. And he recorded it and posted it so much.
Speaker 2: Posted it girl video.
Speaker 1: Someone sent it to me, but I didn't know it's fun.
Speaker 3: He posted the video. I had people in the Mohican like, oh, hey, I saw you on Papa Story, Irish Papa story.
Speaker 1: You're riding the bull, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, it was yeah, you know what where were you when I needed to explain myself. Oh yeah, it was a good time, a little bit embarrassing on the story, but actually we're not embarrassing in twenty twenty six exactly.
Speaker 1: Bit I was impressed, got some one hand action. I was like, hey, not you really all the video? Please?
Speaker 3: I wish I could hide behind this microphone. But yeah, it was a good time, definitely enjoyable. Shout out to Megan Sign and your family.
Speaker 1: Experience. We'll do it again. Well, when are you gonna do it again? Come on next year? Mogan?
Speaker 2: That not a big East journey.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what might not be with the actually who knows, you know, the fans locked in with Yukon, so we may have to do this again.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, he said, I'm coming back next year. I said, you have fun with that you have, I will not be joining it again. I understand.
Speaker 3: So another thing I noticed I do want to hear more about. And I saw on social you got.
Speaker 1: To put the hat on Jonathan not Yes, Jonathan loved me because that picture from a couple of years ago, it's so funny. Describe it the old. Okay, so we just won. Jonathan is ni kid. There's he's like sitting on a little stage with us, we're taking our picture. I tried to put my hat on him. He wasn't really wasn't really messing with it, so we kind of like gave each other a side eye. That picture is really funny, it's really cute, and so I tried again, this is a new Jonathan, this is puppy Jonathan. And he let me put the hat on him and he even looked at the camera for a picture.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. It was so cute.
Speaker 3: Seeing it from the side, I wasn't sure if he was gonna get the hat on. I'm like, I don't believe he was okay with it. Yes, And it was the cutest picture that it's now on like I think Socials right now.
Speaker 1: But it was so cute.
Speaker 2: I was like, look at them, iconic moment.
Speaker 1: We've come a long way. I mean, Jonathan's for sure. Okay, I want to pivot.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about your Marriotte National TV commercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was actually shocked and I saw I was like on Socials and I'm like, wait, what what is this? I thought somebody put it together because you know, people be making crazy videos.
Speaker 1: But it was so cute.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. Yeah, I was really excited to do it just because, like I thought it was something special for me to do because well, as everyone knows, we travel a lot during the season. I travel a lot during the off season. I've traveled growing up so much with my family. We spent so much time in the road and hotels. So I thought it was yeah, really cool and really special that I got to do that with Marriott, and it just felt right. You know, they understand what travel and stuff means to my family, so that's perfect. So fun. Fact, something I learned on set is that it's actually pronounced Marriott, not Marriott. So I'd been saying that wrong my whole life, full thirty three years of saying that wrong.
Speaker 2: Me too, And I'm over here like, is it just a black thing?
Speaker 3: Because you know, we'd be changing words and added and all types of stuff.
Speaker 1: But it was marry it now.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie, but I had never heard yeah, never, never in my life. Okay, so I'm going to say it right. Moving forward, yep, putting everyone on Marriott. So what was it like though, shooting a commercial with Gino coach Geno?
Speaker 1: It was fun. I wasn't sure what it was going to be like, but it was a lot of fun, and especially with that group with Sarah and Kayley too, and the Marriot. I mean like people produce people filming. Producing the commercial made it like light and fun and easy too, because sometimes, like being on camera, it's easy to get like tense up and real awkward. But that was a really good group to you know, pretend and act with, even though it didn't even really feel like acting. I was going to say, like, you've.
Speaker 3: Been doing a lot more commercial, scripted things. What's the most difficult part of shooting like a scripted commercial.
Speaker 1: I think getting over that like awkwardness or shyness. Sometimes it's just being in front of the camera. But sometimes especially like that, like being on a set with other people. You've got all these people watching you. You have to get over that little fear of like, oh whatever, what if I look silly? Like what if I look awkward? Like who cares? If you look bad? They'll have you reshoot or refilm it. But sometimes it's like the more like loose and like goofy, whatever you can be, it's the better it looks on camera.
Speaker 2: Well, it didn't look bad to me when I saw the show.
Speaker 3: It looked good to me, And honestly, I think you know us doing this, and also just in general, as time has gone on girl, you might you might need to think about acting.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. That's bucket list Like that's dream being in like a movie or a TV show that's dream Like, that's that's up there. That would be so cool.
Speaker 3: I would love to turn on my TV and be watching like one of my favorite shows that you just cameo.
Speaker 1: That would be crazy.
Speaker 2: I would literally probably screaming, like the.
Speaker 1: Outer Banks one with Armando. I would it was like just like it was so funny because I was like, what was the point of this? So I loved it. Like that would be so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely would love So what show would you want to be on? Would you want to do? Like an Outer Banks?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: I feel like I watch a lot more like crime and scary stuff, but I don't want to be in that, Like I'd rather be in like a outer like a chill like you know, beach set, like something like cool, calm vibe, like some drama. But you know why, you don't want to be in a scary one because I don't know want to be scary. I don't want to be I don't want to be staring.
Speaker 2: As crazy here. I feel like it's so for actors.
Speaker 3: Even though we're like terrified watching like scary movies, I feel like actors are like nothing was scary about this, or like nothing was you know, funny because they have to repeat lines over and over, and that's true.
Speaker 2: I definitely would love to see that. So come on asy the.
Speaker 1: Actor manifest or manifest right now.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, if you went and manifested that multi year deal with Jordan Brand, you could do anything. Okay, let's play a little game. It's called hotel this or that. I'm gonna give you two options. You're gonna choose which one you would prefer. Ready, m hmm, okay, room service or delivery. If I'm at a really fancy hotel, then room service. Come on, and if you're paying for it, then room service. But it's not not if I'm paying for it room service.
Speaker 2: I know that's right, because it isn't if it ain't on my dime.
Speaker 1: Run it out.
Speaker 3: Nah, okay, free breakfast or late check out.
Speaker 1: Free breakfast period. Wait, you have to answer.
Speaker 3: I would do room service too, by the way. For the last one, oh, breakfast, like a good.
Speaker 4: Breakfast like pancakes, waffles, eggs, everything, freezing ac or cozy warm room, freezing ac cozy warm room.
Speaker 1: What I can't stand. You don't like the little I get under the blankets in the summer. I ain't trying to do that. Like, yeah, you can get under the blankets in the summer, but when the room is cold, not when the room is hot. I think warm and cozy under the covers in your cold room.
Speaker 2: I feel like those can go hand in hand.
Speaker 3: We have a cold room as long as I'm my toes is covered.
Speaker 2: And I have a warm blanket and a hat.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Hotel robe or stealing the slippers.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go robe because my feet are usually a little too big for the summers.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm part of the bigfoot committee, So yes, we're stealing a row.
Speaker 1: Mini bar snacks or store run. Uh, typically store run because those mini bar snacks like thirty dollars for minibag of pretzels.
Speaker 3: I'm an ingreience girl. Let's go to the store. Living out of your suitcase? Are actually unpacking?
Speaker 1: Oh? Out of the suitcase? Yep? Same? Come on, that means I'm traveling. Love that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Lobby coffee or ice coffee run, ice coffee run? Same, straight to bed or TikTok until two.
Speaker 1: Am straight to bed. I gotta stop doing that TikTok. Baby. I love when they have Netflix on the TV, so when I can turn that on, that would be cool. That would be cool.
Speaker 3: And then it starts, you know, watching me as I'm knocked out, one king bed or two foals, one king bed. Let's cuddle period. All right, that is all for hotel this or that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: It is now time for us to get into our what the fud of the week, as you guys know if you're new here, or what the fud of the week is something that happened this week that made you say, what the fun?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, what the fud was gonna be my mom being a Biggies legend. Yeah, and oh and really need to start you think after this many episode that started writing things down, because what else happened this week? Oh my gosh, the sun came out, come on, The sun came out and people were out and shorts and a T shirt. There are some white people who did that in the winter anyways, but it was like actually like T shirt weather. I had pants and a T shirt on and it was incredible.
Speaker 3: I agree as soon as that whether it hit like sixty seventy in New York and I literally was like, is that is that Mimosa with the girls outside?
Speaker 2: Is that brunch?
Speaker 3: I think I hear brunch calling? Oh my goodness. I like even yesterday it was super nice. I went and walked around in the park. I don't never do nothing like that. I'm like on the track doing laps and I was like, oh, look who I've become. The sun is out, look at you. I was like, you know what, maybe I'll jog and I'll start running. But yeah, you know, you get a little d lulu when the sun first comes out.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure? Up, yeah yeah. Oh. And speaking of when the sun was out, we had some fairy godmothers roaming around campus this week. They had like these bright orange, sparkly gowns and wands, and they were going around granting wishes around campus. They were singing, dancing, shooting half court shots long asleeping libraries. I think I heard one of their wigs got snatched. Actually I'm crying that snatched. But it was really funny. I got to see some of them too in person, so it was nice to meet them. But it was funny to see just the dident reactions because people were like, what is going on? Like this is the kind of stuff that happens when the sun finally comes out, which is true some activities.
Speaker 3: My what the fud of the week is your fellow Jordan brand athlete bam at a bio scoring eighty three points beating Kobe's record? That is definitely my what the fud? And people were losing their mind. He shot forty three ft.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, that's my what the fud is for forty three? I didn't watch the game, but or is it forty six?
Speaker 3: Either way, it was something like that, but yeah, forty three forty six but like insane, I don't know if I could watch that.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: Anyways, shout out to bam mister Wilson, let me stop no for real though, uh mind blowing actually historic, so com back to him.
Speaker 1: All right. Well that is a wrap on today's episode, Ashant was so much fun catching up with you. Thank you guys for listening tuning in today. Don't forget to rate, review and subscribe to fud around and find out wherever you get your podcasts. We'll see you guys next Week is a production of iHeart Women's Sports and Unanimous Media. Executive producers are Jesse Kasts, Eric Payton, Charla Sumter Brugette, and Stephen Curry. Co executive producer is Kleana Maria Cutney. Producers are Mike Costcarelli, Grace Fughs and Mackenzie Fitzpatcher, and co producers are Kurt Redmand, Maya Howard and jack Lan Schoeninger. This podcast is edited by Mike Coscarelli and hosted by me Aizy Fudd and Ashanti Plummer.