Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick shot streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: And the official Dallas Cowboys at.
Speaker 3: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Norman Stamp.
Speaker 4: I think you're great. The go team of the Senior crow You know the history of that, why they call it the Senior pro But let's hear it, hecky, you know why they called it the go team of the Senior Pros.
Speaker 5: We've laughed about it for months, but we.
Speaker 6: Come back to the sixties and goes back to the sixties where college football was supreme in the state of tech Oh.
Speaker 4: I think it's more of a reference to the AFL. The senior Pros would be the NFL, right, Okay, don't you think? I don't know, because the National Football League was the they're the senior pros, and the AFL, the American Football League was considered the junior pros. I think it just occurred to me that's probably why they called it.
Speaker 5: And when was this song made.
Speaker 4: I think it's in the sixties, right, It's got to be in the well. It sounds that we could look it up. The battling, yeah, for the merger and for the so you got a wide swath there from nineteen sixty to nineteen sixty nine, the competitive nature of it, and going back to of course, for those who aren't old enough to remember, the Kansas City Chiefs were the Dallas Texans. We had two professional football teams playing in the same stadium at the Cotton Bowl. All I know.
Speaker 6: The reason I answered that that way was because when Frank luxA was working at the paper in Fort Worth, I think it was the Fort Worth Press and the Cowboys came into existence, and you know, college football, was it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Everybody wanted to college football?
Speaker 6: And Blackish Shared asked him, do you want to go over to Dallas and cover that pro team? It's like they didn't call them the Cowboys that pro team, right, and you had to drive thirty minutes to go check it out, right? And Frank was like, well yeah, because I think he was doing high schools and maybe got minor college stuff.
Speaker 4: In fact, there were I bet you there were high school games. They got larger attendance, especially Yeah Texas.
Speaker 6: And they only went once or twice a week, and then they went to the game with the Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 7: Well, I would say right now the Hunt family is getting their avenge trying to out here. I mean we still have that America's team.
Speaker 4: Well, they didn't get kicked out of town.
Speaker 6: They got basically bought out because Kansas City promised them a stadium of their own.
Speaker 5: Don't think they wanted to.
Speaker 4: Leave, so they promised them Arrowhead Stadium.
Speaker 8: No it wasn't.
Speaker 6: Arrowhead was built in and they paid them and they paid them to come to Kansas City.
Speaker 7: Because they wanted to stay so badly. Well, what is the Halloween stuff?
Speaker 5: Man? What's my candy?
Speaker 8: I just put it up in the in the break room upstairs break room.
Speaker 4: Well it's not mine the one. Why didn't you wait until after the show today?
Speaker 5: This yesterday?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 5: What was that that we were going to keep everything and we were gonna want the candy?
Speaker 6: Oh I didn't have that candy. I mean the candy we had left over the house, okay, because we had one.
Speaker 4: Person to bring the dark person one person.
Speaker 8: And I had all that candy. It's like candy out of the house.
Speaker 4: The mom and dad or bringing their kids through the day that Mickey lives there We're not going to that house. That's a scary house.
Speaker 6: And that one person was an Amazon driver and he's like, here, I just have one.
Speaker 4: Oney the haunted house. Not going to that house.
Speaker 8: One person got two.
Speaker 4: Handfuls of candy.
Speaker 8: It's like, take all wine, we don't need it in the house.
Speaker 4: Speaking of I went to Scrooge's house.
Speaker 7: I went to U a heavily whatever. They posted a heavily viraled house. Uh, that was decorated. It was in the OH two four area code, and man, it was crazy. It was traffic. There was a policeman there to control traffic. My daughter took a video of it. They just invaded this neighborhood. We all did.
Speaker 5: We were going to drive, and of course it was so backed up that.
Speaker 7: We parked and walked. We had to walk like a half a mile just to get to this house.
Speaker 4: Because the one house or a neighborhood that it was.
Speaker 7: A neighborhood, but it was for this one house and it was They had the purple light of the lavender glow to it done. I thought it was done professionally. I talked to the neighbor next door. She said no, it took them thirty days to decorate this house.
Speaker 4: I saw one in Corinth.
Speaker 6: It was in a corner lot, and I don't think I saw any grass because they had so much decorations out on the lawn and hanging the skeletons.
Speaker 7: And I was like, yes, yes, the webs over the entire front.
Speaker 5: Of the yard. And so I talked to the neighbor. I'm like, man, what is this like to just have your neighborhood taken over?
Speaker 7: She was out there giving out cared and she was sitting in front in her driveway and people were coming back.
Speaker 5: The kids were coming. Man, there was so many families out there.
Speaker 7: The kids were so freaking cute in all their uniforms and their costumes. I think that's the the most interesting display I've seen of Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Halloween was such a great night too. One of my daughter's neighborhood was so kids, all the families, the families.
Speaker 5: It was yeah good.
Speaker 6: And just to tell you, we didn't have any kids in the neighborhood.
Speaker 8: None, none, So it wasn't me.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well I'll tell you what, and.
Speaker 8: I tell you what.
Speaker 4: Producer Supreme should have left this stuff up.
Speaker 6: He should have all along it took to decorate life that he did Christmas.
Speaker 8: You know, leave it up to the.
Speaker 4: First of the year, right, you don't take don't take your Christmas lights down on the day after Christmas. That's a great right, Yeah, shout out the producer supreme.
Speaker 5: Yeh man, we.
Speaker 4: Would leave you needed to have it up all week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could.
Speaker 4: Like that, just like there are so many who had their Christmas lights up in our neighborhood.
Speaker 5: That was good point.
Speaker 4: Well there was one that had our Christmas lights up like already October fifteenth. Well, I actually turned them on. I was proposing leaving them up year round.
Speaker 8: I lost that.
Speaker 6: No, why you know, there was a there was and this is getting off the beaten path here, and he.
Speaker 4: Was determined to get us off the track.
Speaker 6: I was in Omaha for the College World Series and there was a an Italian restaurant where Texas would go every year to eat as a team and everything across the street. It was a kind of a military affiliated base, right, And the restaurant decorated for Christmas in the forties and decided they were going to leave it up until the war ended and the guys came home. They decided that they had put.
Speaker 4: Up so much.
Speaker 6: This was nineteen eighty five, the Christmas decorations were still up the year round.
Speaker 8: They said, no, we're not taking them down.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, if you got the lights on the house, I get that, but when you have other decorations.
Speaker 4: Now I'm at the lights.
Speaker 5: No, no, and I'm with you. I'm with you. I'm with you.
Speaker 7: But a lot of people, you know, yeah, yeah, they'll take off partial they'll take off partial lights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like kind of what we did.
Speaker 7: We took off the part that was around the house, but you know, the four yer part, we just kind of left those.
Speaker 6: There's a bar in Appleton was consin that did the same thing, decorated for Christmas and decided now we're leaving him up and we'll just keep adding to it. And it's to this day still decorated. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, the ceilings totally covered exactly.
Speaker 4: Well, you're done with all that.
Speaker 5: Can we now.
Speaker 4: Start talking about who started it? You did?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Okay? So I heard Jerry on the radio this morning. Did you listen to him? I did, And just the way that interview ended, I'm thinking that there could be a trade. On Tuesday, he left the door wide open. He did for the first time for a trade on.
Speaker 8: Tuesday, right, So what position would turn this team around?
Speaker 7: It has to be upfront, the trenches, defense, the defense, because we've we've lost so many on the defensive side. We've lost four at least we're just talking defensive line here, and we've lost four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, about four.
Speaker 6: We lost all four defensive ends.
Speaker 5: That's it. Yeah, what defensive ends?
Speaker 4: Anyway, I just thought it was interesting.
Speaker 6: Or does somebody have a defensive tackle they want to unload.
Speaker 8: Or pay over pay to get there?
Speaker 7: You're going to have to bro We're in dire straits here and we've got our personally all the cake.
Speaker 4: So what was your take from Jerry? What was the note most newsworthy item coming out of Jerry's time on the fan this morning? Well, let me look at my notes, did I Okay?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: Mickey looks at his notes over there. One of the things it sounded like it was news to the guys interviewing him on the ticket or on the fan. Uh the tray. Von Diggs as a terror in his calf and of course we've known that all week. If we're looking at injury reports, he has a calf injury and that's kept him out of practice.
Speaker 8: Well, let's start there.
Speaker 6: So darn Bland's not playing, we can establish that Kaylin Carson's going to start at one corner.
Speaker 4: And keep in mind, you need three corners in this game for the entire game, as opposed to last week against San Francisco, where you don't have as many three wide receiver sets.
Speaker 6: I don't see fullbacks in the Falcon's history, and they look like they go nickel three wides all the time.
Speaker 4: They had no fullback on their roster, and they have three tight ends on their in their entire roster, and.
Speaker 6: They have somebody they know you need to be able to cover their tight end as if he's a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so really the tight end is Charlie Warner, who is the backup idea.
Speaker 6: Since they had to put on I R who has started the last several games when they didn't use Carson.
Speaker 8: If there's no digs, there's only one.
Speaker 6: Last corner on the fifty three other than Jordan Lewis, assuming he's in the slot. It's Andrew Booth and he hasn't played since the first half of the Giants game. He played himself onto the inactive day list on game day. So to me, the next guy would be judging from training camp would be Josh Butler.
Speaker 4: Off my guy, Josh Butler TV with three point three million subscribers on TikTok.
Speaker 6: West Mosquite, Mesquite West.
Speaker 4: Because he's the one with the dogs in and he does all the videos. I love Josh but I love Josh Butler. Let's get him on the field.
Speaker 6: So was it a high school or college when they had senior day?
Speaker 4: He was at Michigan State.
Speaker 6: He walked out when they introduced him with his dogs because.
Speaker 4: Both parents passed away, like in his last year at Michigan State and.
Speaker 6: He was a senior at Michigan State. So he walked down dogs and he he now I don't know.
Speaker 4: Then COVID hits the next year. So he's like twenty seven years old, and he went to LA and started his I mean, he's got two degrees from Michigan State and so started his career as an acting career whatever. So he's living in LA and he establishes his whole social media presence and then last year he gets a call from the USFL Michigan Panthers and he drives from Hollywood to Michigan to go play for them, and then gets picked up by the Cowboys before training or during training camp. Basically year spent the year on the practice practice squad, and then I thought he had he he nearly made the team, but he's back on the practice squad. He's been on practice squad this year, but no one's talked about him, so we're talking.
Speaker 6: If he plays, it'll be his NFL debut, So that would be next to your rookie Kaylin Carson.
Speaker 5: So mcuamu.
Speaker 6: Y, I think he's a backup choice and more of a guy that they've used. I mean, he got to play this last game when Diggs went out, So that kind of tells you about Andrew Booth right because mccamu basically a safety played corner. So as a backup, yes, but I think Butler because the only other guy is what's the guy's name Hall?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Keemon Hall, who in the preseason, he's played in Texas, He's played, he has some experience. He's more of a slot than he is an outside corner there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So but they would have to elevate him.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: And if you're gonna and you only have one more, because if you're going to elevate Delvin Cooks, then you only get two, right, So yeah, that would put him in a pretty big bind. And as we pointed out, Diggs has yet to practice and the most I saw yesterday was he was working on the resistance courts.
Speaker 5: So so he is at this point. They haven't made a move.
Speaker 6: No, they haven't decided yet. I mean, I'm sure they're going to push it till and so if they elevate, they really don't have to say because I mean they can leave him as doubtful, no moves to make and then put him.
Speaker 8: On the inactive day game day and act.
Speaker 4: What will tip you off tomorrow is if they elevate a cornerback from the practice squad and probably have to either way, right, just just because so what if, yeah, what if he tweaks it, you know, or the game or whatever.
Speaker 6: So that's that's somewhat of a concern when you're going up against Kirk Cousins, who right now has the third most passing yards in the league I read, and is fifth with his fourteen touchdown passes.
Speaker 4: So you were in there to watch Will McLay do his illustrators segment for the Mike McCarthy Show, and he was talking about the weapons that the Falcons have, So what struck you about their weapons? Because he basically went through from Bjeon Robinson in the backfield to Kyle pittsit tied in to Drake London and Darnell Mooney at wide receiver. He went through all of them.
Speaker 8: I think, and also baits right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, defense, Yeah, Jesse Bates what.
Speaker 6: He had to say about Bijon Robinson, his vision and his ability to put his foot in the ground and make a cut.
Speaker 4: That's what I see, and it made blocking scheme.
Speaker 6: It made an impression on me because everybody when they talk about the Cowboys running game, it's always about the running backs and their talent. But part of that talent has to be coordinating with the offensive line.
Speaker 8: And he had a run play.
Speaker 4: Does that show Sunday? Well yeah, well, and it may be available alongline right now.
Speaker 8: He showed.
Speaker 4: He showed the show Saturday night at eleven thirty on CBS Texas. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: They shoved.
Speaker 6: They showed how the run was supposed to go to the right and Bijeon could see there was a linebacker getting ready to fill the hole. He put his foot in the ground and went left and there was a hole there and they weren't blocking for it. It's just the way and the key block was the wide receiver lot. The safety got the safety and there was a huge hole. So when we try to explain about the running back, it's not you know, just ric O'Donnell, you know, Zeke or whatever, but it's what your offensive line is doing and the other guys how they're blocking. It's you know, I keep trying to tell people, this is eleven man thing here, right, It's the greatest team.
Speaker 5: Someone made a note of it.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it was Troy's comments on X when he was talking about the wide receivers running routes, but I know someone mentioned how if you look at the receivers from the Ravens, they always blocked because they know there's a chance that David Herery is going to be sprung.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny you mentioned that because it's interesting because they just made the trade for Deontay Johnson from Carolina. And I listen. I love listening to rich gannon on on Serious NFL Radio. He's on there three times a week. And one of his pet peeves last year and was the Steelers wide receivers and he cannot believe. He could not believe that the Steelers receivers, which included Deontay Johnson and George Pickens, how poor they were blocking really and uh and just didn't ever want to And so the Steelers traded Deontay Johnson to Carolina. Well, how long has Deontay Johnson been at Carolina? Not long? And now the Ravens have picked him up. And now you're talking about the Ravens wide receivers being able to block. Maybe he's changed his game, or he's now blocking in the rate enough that or maybe the Ravens are so desperate for a wide receiver they're taking him anyway.
Speaker 5: I just thought that that's the culture.
Speaker 7: That is a culture, you know, you that's like, if you're in Baltimore, this is what we do. We block for our running backs. I don't know if we have that here necessarily. I never paid much attention to it.
Speaker 4: But the running back needs to get to the second level. For a third level wide receiver the line of scrimmage right there hasn't been a lot of incentive here for a wide receiver to block out.
Speaker 2: But you know that.
Speaker 8: But that's the key thing.
Speaker 4: When they when they throw, when they throw that smoke, he ain't getting here when they when they throw the.
Speaker 6: Smoke screen, right, that's dependent on the other wide receiver making the block to spring them or somebody that's loose to get the guy that was supposed to better.
Speaker 7: You better do it there because first of all, that's your fellow wide receiver, right, so you'd better protect him because eventually you're.
Speaker 5: Going to have to be in the same position.
Speaker 6: So to answer your question, that's what made the biggest h impression on me, not just his ability to run the ball, but his ability to see and not get in a hurry to go into the hole that ain't going to be there.
Speaker 7: What And I've seen him go into that whole too, full speed ahead and he can split that thing. Man, that guy's he is impressive and he's not slowing down. He's not like abbreviating his stride. I mean, he's hitting it as if he's ready to go to the.
Speaker 4: House, sort of what you saw last night with Mixing. He was running people over.
Speaker 5: Us, Yes he was.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 7: I would compare b Jon and you know these were special moments back in the day, the way he hit the whole, the way that that Tom Landry used to set.
Speaker 4: Up going there.
Speaker 5: Hit hit the softness.
Speaker 7: He always said, create the softness by you know you you you kind of wait wait wait. It's almost like a dive bomber in an airplane. You wait, wait, waiting, and you hit it. I remember him, keeps kept saying, hit that softness, hit the softness.
Speaker 4: And how about Dorset's vision?
Speaker 5: O Man, he was second.
Speaker 10: It was crazy, little hard because he just like a heart not to mention this speed. Well, Bjhon hits it with that same explosiveness. That's what you're talking about, old school way of hitting that line.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I hadn't seen that in a while.
Speaker 4: All Right, we got much more to get to as we preview Cowboys falcons in a moment here on mix Shots. Brought to you by Miller Lite.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 5: You want to stay at the.
Speaker 7: Team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me. Everson Walls with Star sports tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypt once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Prescott keeps it slides with a first.
Speaker 9: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookian crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect grow My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium, pro shops, concessions, and on yetti dot Com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 6: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction.
Speaker 4: Miller Light is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Light tastes great.
Speaker 8: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 2: It says less feeling.
Speaker 4: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 8: Hell mindset.
Speaker 1: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers little Lighters in fact less feeling and taste great.
Speaker 5: I'm by Shine Legal Guy, Celebrate Responsibly.
Speaker 1: Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer amty six thousands to be point two grams cards.
Speaker 4: For clow Bounces, Fewer Cowson cars than premium regular beer, de mixed shots.
Speaker 7: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your Connected TV. Catch up on all Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcasts, DOCU series like Deep Blue, and much more. Download the Cowboys now app on Amazon Fire, Roku, and Apple TV.
Speaker 4: Walk back in here.
Speaker 6: He didn't earn the blow down just to get Bill here back?
Speaker 4: What I thought that it was kind of an easy listening Saturday morning. You could be a DJ on like like.
Speaker 8: You know that late night things.
Speaker 5: Yes, what are you talking about? I used to love that. I'm gonna go down a rabbit hole here, Jean Fuget, Yo, I love. I used to talk about it.
Speaker 7: The University of North Texas well, they were North Texas State at the time, and they were into, you.
Speaker 5: Know, the jazz bands.
Speaker 8: They had the best jazz.
Speaker 5: They had the best jazz band, that's right.
Speaker 7: So Gene Fugut was a DJ from nine pm to midnight back when I was in uh probably a sophomore in high school because that's when I first started king to jazz. So Gene Fugut was my hero, you know, because here he is playing for the Cowboys and also.
Speaker 5: DJing at night.
Speaker 7: That was the coolest thing ever for someone to be doing that from a Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Like Walt Harrison playing football, and he won your hero.
Speaker 7: If I was if I was well, if I was a rodeo guy, now come on, I'd be all over Walcason because I was still he was still one of my heroes as well.
Speaker 5: Being in the Dallas camp.
Speaker 6: Remember they used to Saturday night, they used to have that late night like eleven thirty or twelve sweet jazz or cool jazz.
Speaker 4: No, no, there was a show.
Speaker 5: Flight time, flight time, that flight time. Yeah, I'm just telling you that was That was Jeane Fugett.
Speaker 8: And you know, as you got before, if.
Speaker 7: You get to know more about him, then of course you knew that he was from some ivy League school.
Speaker 5: What was going on?
Speaker 4: He earned his well, he earned his juris doctor degree at George Washington University Law School. Where do you go undergraduate? Uh Amhurst College, Massachusetts.
Speaker 7: So yeah, he was, you know, uber intelligent and man, he was so cool. Once again, it was he started me to listening to jazz music. Wow, it's crazy, man, because my sisters went to un t So that was was that connection.
Speaker 4: Gene Fugett took over Beatrice International Foods, the largest black owned and black managed business in the United States at the time. At the peak TLC, Beatrice had two point two billion dollars in sales and was number five hundred and twelve on Fortune Magazine's list of one thousand largest Well, you know.
Speaker 7: How he got that right? If I'm I could be mistaken. But that was when Reggie Lewis died, okay, and the Reggie's wife didn't have the wherewithal to continue. And I think he and Reggie were college not teammates.
Speaker 4: Necessary well, his older brother was Reginald Lewis, so maybe it's a different Oh let's see.
Speaker 7: You don't get this anywhere else, man, because you remember Reggie, Reggie died from a brain cancer.
Speaker 5: This was one of the richest black men in the world.
Speaker 7: And I thought that Jane just knew him.
Speaker 5: I didn't know if there was a relation or not.
Speaker 4: We need to do more, yes, man, we'll be.
Speaker 7: Back with that on Monday, right, yeah, because that's gonna We're gonna it's gonna take a while.
Speaker 5: It's gonna take a while.
Speaker 4: All right, good y'all need to carry out. I'm going to continue reading.
Speaker 5: Very interesting.
Speaker 8: Yes, do you want to know if Doron is gonna play here?
Speaker 10: We're talking about Jeene Fugues and Reginald Lewis were related.
Speaker 7: And if it's the Reginald Lewis man, that's that's amazing, That is amazing, Okay, all right, because once again he was he was a man. Reggie Lewis was the man, but the man.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I.
Speaker 8: Got the answer. Answer to that I know is Michael Parson's gonna play.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're back to that.
Speaker 6: So yeah, no, no, he hadn't practiced. Micah hasn't practice, and neither is Trevon. Trayvon hasn't practice. So that okay, you got this stand Marcus Lawrence and Marshawn Neeland on the Wait.
Speaker 4: Wait, I'm digging in on Trayvon here. Okay, because you said Mike is not playing because he hadn't practiced.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but he hadn't six weeks.
Speaker 12: Because he hasn't practiced practice, not all, not two days, Not all d n p's are the same.
Speaker 5: But R Diggs has been playing.
Speaker 8: Those two hadn't been playing.
Speaker 4: Just because he's D and P the last two days does not mean Trayvon's not playing.
Speaker 6: See how they list him this afternoon?
Speaker 5: Okay, And like you said, they bring up another.
Speaker 6: Quot on Saturday, right that Saturday.
Speaker 5: We'll see tomorrow guy.
Speaker 8: Yes, there's like a game coming up in two days.
Speaker 4: And it's an early game, new rare noon kickoffs Dallas time.
Speaker 6: We don't do well in them, but it's gonna be good because it's on the Eastern time zone and the.
Speaker 4: Clock is oh yeah, we're falling back, falling.
Speaker 6: Back, so it'll be changing normal, right, Yeah, it'll be normal for us.
Speaker 4: Switching time going to that means that means, Mickey, you can have a big night on Saturday night in Atlanta. Yeah, an extra hour, an extra hour to party on Saturday.
Speaker 5: What's the strip Joint?
Speaker 8: It was the place.
Speaker 6: It was the place they imported women for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: That Oh, yes, that's correct. And they're known for their lemon pepper wings. If I'm not mistake at.
Speaker 4: The strip joints.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, you can ask Lou Williams about that with the l A Clippers because during the pandemic, he got busted because he was supposed to be Yeah, he was supposed to be behind closed doors and he ended up he got busted by being at the Strip Joint when everybody, all the other players are supposed to be like curfew. Yeah, this is doing the twenty twenty, so this is during the pandemic.
Speaker 5: He bubble. I gotta get my wings. He had to go get his wings.
Speaker 6: He had to get wing, just wingy wing, just according to him, lap dances.
Speaker 8: No, no, I just came wings.
Speaker 5: Sorry, lady, I'm good, thank.
Speaker 4: You, all right. I don't think that was on your legal No, we digressed.
Speaker 5: Wow, we have really digressed today.
Speaker 6: And Brandy Cooks isn't playing either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is his last game, playing against Philadelphia right next week.
Speaker 5: My goodness.
Speaker 8: So that helps.
Speaker 7: So so okay, we're still talking ramp up. So we're talking ramp up. I'm not talking a week. We're just talking a couple of days. When you're talking about guys coming off and then say Cooks for instance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at least he's running, so he should and had been playing, although playing through a sore knee that happened in training camp.
Speaker 8: So that would be good.
Speaker 6: Because if you I think I've figured out that after you got past Jeling Tolbert, the guys doing the three and four receivers or third receiver have totaled in their career nineteen catches and twelve of them are turpens.
Speaker 4: So basically, what the Cowboys are doing next week, they're trading for Brandon Cooks at wide exactly exactly do you like that trade? Okay, they're trading for Brandon Cooks because he's coming off. I har that's the addition that they will make at the wide receiver position.
Speaker 5: It's safe.
Speaker 8: Well, this.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, you mentioned Jerry.
Speaker 6: What he said was if I see something, we always look for the meat on the bone to improve the team.
Speaker 5: So he's out there doing this thing.
Speaker 7: Huh, Right, Jerry's out there, you know, taking a look and saying, putting his.
Speaker 5: Own words, the.
Speaker 4: Will they'll answer the phone.
Speaker 5: Let's put it that way.
Speaker 4: They'll answer the phone if someone calls.
Speaker 6: And that's what you're hoping for, right, because if you're calling, then it's going to cost. If someone's calling you, then you can get a sweetheart deal.
Speaker 8: Although I don't know at this point. People.
Speaker 6: This isn't like baseball where people just unload because they're not going to get in the playoffs, right, I mean, you can get in the playoffs at nine to eight, so it's a little early to give up.
Speaker 4: But okay, think of this from the perspective of another team, and when you look at the Cowboys roster and the lack of depth and tradable parts. Okay, who are they calling for for Fron like another team?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Who are they calling for on the on this Cowboys roster? Oh no, they're because the Cowboys don't have they're looking for draft choices.
Speaker 6: If they're unloading a veteran player, and they're also looking for somebody to take a salary.
Speaker 8: That's that which is.
Speaker 4: The other tradable whole thing. That's the tradable part the Cowboys have is a draft pick, right, That's like what Baltimore did sending a fifth rounder to Carolina for Deontay Johns.
Speaker 6: And you've got to be able to and you know, and what they're probably doing is trading a guy in the last year of his contract. So how much do you want to pay for renting a guy for ten games? That's that's the other thing you got to factor in, and then how much it costs.
Speaker 8: So you got to have the cap space, but.
Speaker 6: You also have to not use because you could use some of that cap space next year when.
Speaker 4: You really need it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: If you spend it this year, then it had better be for somebody that can make a huge.
Speaker 7: Impact, because you have a choice of saying, Okay, are we going in the towel on this season?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: Not yet?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 6: How many teams last year were like Green Bay and the Saints both finished nine and eight. One of them was going to get in the playoffs, and it did unfortunately, and won a game Yeah.
Speaker 4: What if the unspeakable happens and you lose on Sunday.
Speaker 6: And you're three and five, but you still have more players coming back?
Speaker 4: You do, That's right?
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know how much longer you can hang on to that.
Speaker 4: And you if you've only played one division game against the Giants and you want this placed team so and you're going in, you'll know a lot more in three weeks after Atlanta when you play Philadelphia. And by the way, a Houston team that is now appears to be beatable man when your quarterback their quarterback got sacked eight times last night?
Speaker 5: Did I?
Speaker 4: And then Washington?
Speaker 6: So they they've lost two of their last three, right, Houston? I think I wrote that down somewhere. Yeah, lost two of their last three.
Speaker 4: Close game at Green Bay they lost.
Speaker 12: The Jets had lost like five in a row and their one their one win was against an Indianapolis team that the Colts decided they needed to change out their quarterback this week after Anthony Richardson's womans last week got tired.
Speaker 7: I saw some dbs for Houston getting left at the line of scrimmage by Jets wide receivers.
Speaker 4: You see the match up when they got Devonte Adams on Jalen Petrie and Aaron Rodgers just lofted that ball deep and well.
Speaker 5: It wasn't even it wasn't even good.
Speaker 4: He just had to just throw it out there.
Speaker 6: It was the same guy had to wait and still it was the same guy trying to cover Adams on the previous one of the previous passes.
Speaker 4: Remember he had he well trees pea Trees is safety, and so they got the matchup pre snap. Basically they on the match up they wanted on that touchdown. And that's why Rogers knew he all he had to do is just he is that.
Speaker 7: Goodness, Yeah, because he did not play that well at all. He did not play it. That's the way a corner should play it. A good corner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a safety.
Speaker 5: Petriot, well, that was one of.
Speaker 4: The best, really good safety. Rogers speed to play.
Speaker 5: Garrett. Let's just say that Garrett came to play here at Wilson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rogers says at exasperation with Adams on the one he through and it was was it a fourth down player or a third down play?
Speaker 5: It was kind of low. He should have caught that.
Speaker 4: He got to catch that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got to catch that.
Speaker 6: Got the side eye looked from that.
Speaker 4: That was a desperate Jets team. It's a desperate Cowboys team going into Atlanta, Isn't it right?
Speaker 6: You don't want to get to three and five because that's a tough hole to dig out them. And I'll save this when we make our.
Speaker 4: Picks, all right? That coming up next year on mix Shots.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 4: You win slides for the first down.
Speaker 9: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregames, sideline access, and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 5: You want to stay at.
Speaker 7: The Team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 5: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 7: With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 7: Shots support military members, veterans and their families with the twenty twenty four Salute to Service collection from Camo pattern hoodies and hats to gear, proudly showing off the Dallas Cowboys star alongside the stars and stripes.
Speaker 5: This collection is more than just football.
Speaker 7: Visit the Dallas Cowboys Pro shop near you or log on to shop dot Dallascowboys dot Com a fanatics experience and join our mission.
Speaker 4: All right, it's about time to make our picks. Our picks to click our picks twin on Sunday at noon and Atlanta. But making you were in the middle of saying something. Is that related to your pick or is there something you wanted to add before we.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got you gotta wait for him.
Speaker 14: Okay, Yeah, I'm going right, Bully, no giving I'm giving you a well, I want to give you the last one, but of course Bill always has to be last.
Speaker 7: Even though this is mix shot. I need to I don't know how that worked out, but Bill kind.
Speaker 4: Of because I've got to put the explanation point on whatever.
Speaker 6: I need to find the score of the last time the Cowboys beat Atlanta, Right.
Speaker 4: Oh that was that'll be my Yeah, you're very quiet doing the break, so I'm pretty sure he looked it up. There's something going on here.
Speaker 8: You know he's not.
Speaker 7: Being all right, Well, Cowboys can win this game, guys, they can actually win this game. And if they're going to win this game, they're still I'm sorry. I know it's like beating your head up against the wall, but we have to establish a running game against this Falcons defense. So I wanted to pick maybe an offensive lineman that could or maybe the entire offensive line to be my picks to click. But I'm gonna go ahead and stick with my man. I still like him. He needs to show me a little bit more toughness, a little bit more awareness, my boy ferguson.
Speaker 4: Jay Fergus He's got to come.
Speaker 5: Through for me.
Speaker 7: I didn't like how he got pushed around in the last game. You know, you can't be standing out of bounds when your quarterbacks trying to throw the ball. You know, things like that. He seemed to be a little bit overwhelmed in the last game. I'm gonna give him another shot this time. Cowboys are gonna be very balanced in this game. I look for us to win this game.
Speaker 4: Twenty eight to twenty twenty eight to twenty twenty eight. Four touchdowns, Yes.
Speaker 7: Four touchdowns. I didn't say how it's gonna happen. I didn't say they were gonna all be on offense because of the running game.
Speaker 5: I didn't say that. But I look for us to win.
Speaker 6: We're within a possession of putting up four last time, right against a good team. They had scored that last possession of because then the Cowboy they didn't because this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would have been at the airport, greedy.
Speaker 5: He would have called Mickey said that they land.
Speaker 4: You know, come on, and there is a camera here, all right, so Mickey better be good. You tease me.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 6: I've got two factors here, okay, in the Cowboys favor. First of all, these Dallas Cowboys do not lose.
Speaker 8: Three games in a row.
Speaker 6: As a matter of fact, the last time they did that, it was four straight in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: That was COVID, right, right.
Speaker 6: So they've lost two straight now twice, and then the first time they won the next game.
Speaker 4: So now it's time to win the next game.
Speaker 6: And they've beaten the Falcons. So last week we made a big deal of San Francisco has beaten the Cowboys the last three times they face. Well, the Cowboys have beaten the Falcons the last three times they've played. So I've got the Cowboys by the unpredictable score of twenty five twenty three.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Five.
Speaker 5: I would have picked twenty six over twenty five.
Speaker 8: There's gonna be a two point conversion or something or safety.
Speaker 4: They're gonna win on safe safety, right, And I am going.
Speaker 6: To select another long shot, the committee running backs all together. They're going to run the football in this game.
Speaker 5: They have to. They have to. You gotta come up with a blocking scheme.
Speaker 6: A really goottle choice because they've got to keep Kirk Cousins off the field, especially if Diggs can't play very good.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll take you back in history.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: What was the best game Danny White played.
Speaker 7: In his career nineteen eighty against Atlanta Fountains?
Speaker 4: There you go, big covered the playoffs. Yeah, it was the Divisional playoff round. That's exactly right before, right before ever, it was the second to last game before Everson Walls became a Cowboy. The most memorable Cowboys game in Atlanta in history. It was January fourth, nineteen eighty one. The Cowboys trailed the Atlanta Falcons by two touchdowns in the second half, but they were down twenty seven seventeen. Danny White brings the Cowboys back with a touchdown pass to Drew Pearson after a three and out. It's Danny White had Drew Pearson again, a drive that started with a minute forty seven left in the game, and in the final minute a touchdown pass of twenty three yards as the Cowboys were just getting in position to kick a tying field goal, it in instead. But instead it's Danny White to number eighty eight Drew Pearson. And on Sunday back in Atlanta, it will be Dak Prescott to number eighty eight, Ceedee Lamb the game winning touchdown for a thirty to twenty seven Cowboys win, just like January fourth was nineteen eighty one. The pick to click Ceedee Lamb. We'll go with Danny with Danny White, Dak Prescott, I thought Dak was off limits. Was Dak off limits?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: No, because he's not one.
Speaker 7: Well, no one's off limits. No one is off limits, not now, no one.
Speaker 4: It's funny that I mentioned what was the best game in Danny White's career and you came up with that one in Atlanta. You know why I came up with that because we knew we're playing in Atlanta.
Speaker 7: No, because the Cowboys secondary was so bad that year that they had.
Speaker 4: To they had the draft. After the draft was over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when they came to me, it said, you got three teams.
Speaker 7: I said, I can make the Cowboys because I have seen and we was playing Steve Wilson and Mitchell.
Speaker 8: No, come on, seriously, yeah, look at that.
Speaker 5: Look it up.
Speaker 4: Look it up. Now.
Speaker 7: I don't know if Steve got in the game, but I know Aaron Mitchell was the one that was having major issues. And the thing about that is Mitch was a safety. He was not a court I thought he was. Well, they played him at corner. That was the whole problem because they didn't have at that time. And I believe in that game, Charlie Waters was not playing because he was commentating the game.
Speaker 5: And I believe that when you gotta believe. That was believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he had a broken leg.
Speaker 5: You gotta believe.
Speaker 4: And he came back and no, it was the Yeah, that was seventy nine and that was the Washington game. Thegue. Oh that was god believe even yeah, the last game.
Speaker 5: So true.
Speaker 6: So Eric Aaron Mitchell was the starter at right. That's when Tony Hill and now left corner. Steve Wilson started ten games and Benny Barnes, who was a safety right, started six at corner.
Speaker 7: They were in such dire straits at cornerback and you know, I had just led the nation and interceptions at corner, so you know, dog going, well, I'm thinking, man, I can make my Cowboys team if I just get a shot. And my dream came true in a very unnecessary manner. I thought they drafted me. I didn't think they'd get me cheap. But then as I got here, I realized that everything was.
Speaker 6: They also had Dennis Thurman playing safe free safety safety.
Speaker 5: Dennis was a safety. Dennis came in as a safety.
Speaker 4: Well next year it looked like they moved him to corner.
Speaker 7: They had to, because once again Steve Wilson and Aaron Mitchell were the only ones that we had out there. They moved Dennis Thurman out of necessity. It was not because he asked it. Dennis Therman did not like playing cornerback. Dennis Therman was forced him to play in cornerback.
Speaker 4: So what happened with Aaron Kyle.
Speaker 5: Aaron Kyle got I think he was out after that.
Speaker 8: He was he started in seventy nine. They gave up on him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and it was a that was two years of frustration at cornerback for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: So that I'm telling you, playing Benny Barnes and Aaron Kyle in the corner made in this game the starting corners in this The starting corners in that game against Atlanta were Bennie Barnes and Aaron Mitchell, two safeties, and Charlie Waters did play at strong safety in them and at free safety.
Speaker 5: Okay, so.
Speaker 4: There you go, all right, so break watch.
Speaker 5: Ye it was Christmas time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so exanre Foress I came came home and I saw that, like and that's the first thing came to my mind that following spring when they said, hey, we got the Buffalo and we got the Saints and we got the Cowboys. I didn't know much about any of those other teams, but I know, damn well, I could have made.
Speaker 8: The Cowboys and you heard Buffalo and that was out.
Speaker 5: Yeah I was going up there, not from Texas.
Speaker 7: I knew I wasn't going there. The Saints had they were the Aints. They had bags on their heads at that time.
Speaker 4: I saw some jet turn out last night.
Speaker 7: Turned out to be a hell of a defense though by the Saints after nineteen eighty one, because that's when they drafted Micky Jackson and they showed up that linebacker crew with Sam Mills, Sam Mills and number fifty Miles that came in his name. So yeah, I could have gone to the Saints. That would have worked out well. But no, everything worked out.
Speaker 5: Just most Now.
Speaker 4: Producer Supreme said, has big plans in Atlanta tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: What's he got.
Speaker 4: He's going to go watch the greatest footballer, as he put it, the greatest footballer ever. Soccer was good. I see MESSI is playing at Atlanta in a playoff game tomorrow night, right across the street from the hotel, right in the same stadium. YEA, yeah, there is. He's back. I'm all right. We wanted to close the show with this because Mickey. Producer Supreme says he has an extra ticket to the game. Would you like to accompany him? I thought that's what give.
Speaker 8: Ed Cahill my boy shout out.
Speaker 5: He hooked me up.
Speaker 6: Well, and even if you did, you were safe.
Speaker 4: He okay, Well I tried before you there, Producer Supreme, Mickey probably doesn't like soccer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were.
Speaker 4: Hoping that Mickey would go with you, but okay.
Speaker 8: Not even for a Lionel Messa.
Speaker 4: I would all right, Okay, that does it. Mixed Shots for another week and we will shout at you after a Cowboys win on a fight song Monday. Here on mix Shots, Oh Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboy