Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Is this Aiden?
Speaker 3: This is Aid? Is this Lyle going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man, this is this is Lyle. How's it going dude?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know, well not too bad. I actually, uh, I've met you twice in uh uh Saint Louis at your live show.
Speaker 2: Oh fucking cool? Fuck yeah fuck yeah, dude, Saint Louis is always a great time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it was a good time.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: You might remember me. I was, uh, the bald dude with the big red beard.
Speaker 2: I really, do you know what? Here's the thing, here's the thing. I here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this. I don't remember anybody's.
Speaker 2: Name, and uh I I but like, if you, if you tell me something, if like we talked about something, I'll remember that. Do you remember what we taught what we talked about?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, the first time I made a joke about how you're taller in person, okay, because I thought you were a little shorter in person, to be honest, it didn't really land. So then the second time I came back and I was like, hey, remember that joke. I told you it wasn't really that funny.
Speaker 2: Well, Aiden, I'm gonna go ahead and I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead and wipe those other two times from from uh from my memory, although I guess I didn't remember them in the first place.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: We are on the phone together right now. What's up, man?
Speaker 2: How you doing? How's life?
Speaker 1: We're on the phone, We're chatting, We're chatting. What'd you want to talk about?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Uh, you know I texted in these pasts like forty eight out. Well, I guess since like Thursday has been pretty pretty strange, I kind of got like a stalker. Have you Have you watched Baby Reindeer on Netflix?
Speaker 2: I have not, but I've heard about it.
Speaker 3: It's I'm like kind of getting Baby reindeered right now. It's sort of chilled out over the past twenty four hours. But like it was, it was weird. So so what.
Speaker 4: Happened was this?
Speaker 3: Uh So, let me give you a little backstory. There was this girl that I knew in I knew her since like high school and I'm twenty four now, but I knew her in like high school. She was a great above me and we were kind of friends, you know, sort of you know gen'erally, I know, he told her that well, but you know, we would talk every once in a while, and then after high school we sort of stopped talking. And then she hits me up on like Snapchat, and this is a you know, like twenty twenty one at this point. I graduated twenty eighteen, so this is twenty twenty one, a few years later. And we talked a little periodically between you know, high school and then uh, and you know, she invites me out to this bar and I'm like, you know, you know, chery I'll go out you know with her and like her roommates and stuff, and then you know, one thing said actually end up hooking up. We were sort of like friends with benefits for a couple of weeks. Then it ended pretty mutually.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: She was like, hey, I'm kind of catching feelings. We should probably stop sleeping together. And I was like, okay, you know that's cool, being totally respectful of that and all that. And then she gets with this other guy and she blocks me on everything, which is I figured it was whatever, you know, this she's she's making a statement here, She's making like a commitment to this guy. She's like cutting off all her other past situationships or whatever. Does that make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So so I you know, I don't hear for her from her for like three years. Like I said, this was twenty twenty one, and then this past Thursday. This is where it gets weird. So so let me give you another old piece of backstory. So I was in this band. We were moderately popular. I won't say any specific names because I don't want people looking in any of this, but you know, we were moderately popular. Uh, and she was a big fan of it. But anyways, this past Thursday, my old bassist from that band, that band recently broke up, but my bassist, you know, he's he texted me. He's like, hey, you know, what's what's going on with this poem and everything. I'm like, oh, I don't know what you're talking about. And then he says her name, you know, her poem, and I'm like, I'm figure. I'm like, yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about. And then he sends me to this reddit thread was a Reddit account, and it's just like hundreds well there's like this poem and then like hundreds of other posts by this person, the girl that i'd you know, not spoken to in three years, and it's like, you know, a bunch of poems about like it starts out it references the band breaking up, because, like I said, she was a big fan of the band, and she talks about how she's how all the songs are about her, and how like she's she said a lot of things about like that are kind of obsessive about me in it. And it starts out like that, and it doesn't start out like super negative. At first. It's a little weird, but it's not like quite negative. And then it escalates, like you can see, like there's tons of posts. So she started posting like a week ago, but I didn't find out about it till Thursday. So I'm seeing all of these posts after like a week of just these like rapid fire obsessing like posting and everything, and she's saying that, you know, like I said, it starts out with her like being super like obsessive, but then it goes into like, you know, saying that I've been like making a bunch of fake accounts to try to like hunt her down. She has a really explicit like story about how I like physically like lured her out and tried to kill her, and again I haven't spoken to this woman in three years, and it's just a lot of weird stuff. Sorry, I'm kind of rambling right.
Speaker 2: Now, but no, no, no, no, no, no, uh, I can't keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she says, she says that, you know, I have tried to kill her like others she's posting. Everything she's posting is like it's like all poems, right, Like there's there's some things here and there that are like prose I think is the word for not poetry. I don't know, but she there's some stuff that she's supposed to, you know, not poetry, just regular like talking, but a majority of them are like poems and they're kind of about me, but they're kind of just rambling. And you know, I'm like, I find out it all on this Thursday, and I like leave works on them. I don't know, you know, I had to get home and kind of analyze the situation. But as I'm going through it, I'm seeing she's saying that, you know, I'm trying to hunt her down, and she's like I'm getting different people calling a text to me being like, yo, what's along with this? Because she's like reaching out to everybody I know and like she didn't. Well, she did message me directly, but I had like deleted Instagram from my phone for a little while ago, so I didn't see it. But she's like, you know, texting and messaging all these people saying that you know, I've been killing people and that I I mean, it's just been like get ramping up and up, and you know, at this point, I'm like, Okay, she's having some sort of episode, right, you know, some sort of like I don't know, some mental illness. I don't know. I didn't know what she had. I still don't know what she has. So you know, I'm not like necessarily like angry at her or anything, because I know she's like sick in the head. But it was it's been a very weird past twenty four hours or past like forty eight hours for me, as you might suspect, because like I said, there's tons of people are calling and texting me be like yo, uh, this person saying that you're killing people. Obviously don't none of them believe it, But yeah, it's been weird.
Speaker 1: You ever wanted you ever want you ever wanted to kill anyone?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Not too much. I mean, you know, she she has been you know, saying that, uh, I'm like a serial killer. It's also funny too. She she kind of said that my that that I've been holding my brother hostage, and uh, you know, it all kind of was going back to the I think the fact that the band vocal was kind of like a catalyst for it, because like, like you like.
Speaker 2: You think that the band breaking up sent her into a spiral or something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we made the post. We made like a post being like.
Speaker 2: Hey, the band is Let me ask me, I'm curious, do you do you think do you think that she is having an episode or like is she like fucking with you?
Speaker 3: No, No, She's definitely having like some sort of episode. Like at first I didn't know like if that was the case, but at this point, I'm pretty certain that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, and when's the last Like, well, I get I want you know, at the beginning of this, you said to me, you were like, well, I was kind of dealing with this or actually, I'll say I'll say what you read in the text. You said, I am kind of being stalked, but it's chill. Tell me tell me about uh how it has gotten chill. Are you just kind of like you're not? I assume you're, yeah, Like what's what's how have you been been able to be chill? Well?
Speaker 3: I don't think that she's I mean, she has made definitely some remarks about like, you know, he should be in the ground and you know, I don't care if he's dead and all that kind of stuff. Not quite death threats, but teetering on the edge there and stuff like that. But ultimately I don't think that she's like actually like, you know, like gonna come after me physically. I did go to the cops at one point after she said that I had my brother held hostage, just because she said that she was going to the cops, which, you know, whatever, but I just didn't want to get swatted. I don't want them to think about as hostage here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The cops, I mean they were they were fuck all help, you know. They were like, oh, did you know that she is her First Amendment right?
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, whatever, Oh yeah, did they really say that, dude?
Speaker 3: They were like they were like, well, technically that's all the First Amendment right to free speech, and I'm like, in the ground and.
Speaker 2: That's super that's by the way, that's I mean, I don't know, I'm not a fucking lawyer, but like, I'm pretty sure that the I'm pretty sure that the First Amendment ends at death threats. I think that's that's like inciting violence.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's that's kind of what I was thinking too. But you know, I won't get all political. But yeah, that I wasn't. I wasn't too surprised by that response. But the past, like I said, started Thursdays when I felt well, I found out about Thursday, like the week, but like the past like twenty four hours. She hasn't posted her anything. She doesn't post her anything, which was, you know, kind of odd because she had been posting like every hour on the hour for like a week before that. So I'm not really sure what's going on. I'm hoping that she got help, you know, because like I said, I'm not like upset with her or anything. You know, she's she's having some sort of episode. She's she's she's sick, you know, so I hope she gets help. That's what all I wrote one from it. But it's a little, uh, it's it's been stressful, you know, especially because you know, not to be too dark. But like if she's not post if she suddenly stops posting, that can either mean she got help or something pretty bad, you know, And I'm trying to avoid thinking about that.
Speaker 2: But you know how I did good?
Speaker 3: God, No, I was just I was just gonna said, I did you know, before going to the cops, I did call like a crisis hotline explain the situation of them, and they were like, uh uh, they were gonna They said, they told me they'd try to call her, but they couldn't tell me whether or not they did speak to her because that's all like confidential information.
Speaker 2: So yeah, of course, what have you been doing since the band broke up?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: So the band actually broke up like a couple of years ago, but we just didn't make any posts about it. It's kind of been a little bit of a fallout since then. But we did have like a bunch of music that hadn't been released and we were all still chill with each other, so we released like the last bit of music just a little while ago. It was actually kind of funny because you know, we hadn't posted anything for a couple of years, and some random person on Instagram was like, I need this band to drop music for my birthday on June second, and I like swiped up. I was like, okay, yeah, sure, because, like I said, we had a bunch of songs that we just hadn't released because you know, the band broke up. So we released all those songs on that person's birthday and.
Speaker 2: Then that's nice.
Speaker 3: Made the made the post about breaking up after that.
Speaker 1: Did you are you still in a band? Are you still making music here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was in like a few bands at the time. I'm actually I actually got a show to not I'd playing a that was like a kind of a pop rock band that did originals. Now I'm playing in a in a country cover band.
Speaker 2: Cool man, Well, I look over your shoulder when you have when you're out there, because it is I I will I will say, like, you know, it's a little gnarly, like being like a you know, a touring like it's it's gnarly having a stalker and also being like, hey.
Speaker 1: Here's where I'm going to be physically, yeah right now.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. I didn't post anything about it specifically kind of for that reason. I was like, I'm not really gonna I'm not gonna take that hit.
Speaker 2: Are you Are you still doing music for a living or you got another gig?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I've got right now. I'm working a few different jobs, but yeah I do. Uh, I work like audio and stuff too, So I work sound at this bar that I'm going to play at time and at a country bar, you know, all the different country bands come through, and one of them was like, hey, we need a drummer to fill in. I was like, okay, yeah, sure, I'll do it. And then I just started became permanent. So I played there once a month and yeah, that's a good time. So I was never really as before.
Speaker 2: But I mean, it's so coral. It is crazy that somebody that you haven't spoken to and like that long will just like come back and be like this guy is a serial killer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, zero contact. And you know, initially, whenever she was making the post, she wasn't directly aiming me. She was naming the band and like all that. But then it's towards the end then she said my you know, my full name, and she said, uh, like, she didn't say my exact address, but she said what town I live in and all that kind of stuff. So it was uh, it was definitely a little stressful.
Speaker 2: Well, look, man, that's just her right to free speech. I suppose it's her.
Speaker 3: Right to free speech. Yeah, I'm gonna start. My brother and I were joking that I need to start writing poems back like a like a like a rat battle, but for poems.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, have you got anything? You got anything cooking in the drafts?
Speaker 3: Well nothing yet. I'm still a I'm still a filtering through the poems, getting some more inspiration. But uh yeah, I'm not actually gonna do that. That would be probably, uh I think that would be considered feeding delusion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's probably I think it's probably best to just ignore it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, I still haven't. I didn't respond any you know, like so she messaged me one time on Instagram just being like you better stop this or I'm gonna you know, this is the worst thing anyone's ever done to me. And ultimately, you know, I you know, I just walked HERU. I didn't respond to it, So I don't want to feed into it, yea. And ultimately, like the whole thing, it's just kind of a sad situation, you know, like I'm not really I'm not fearful of my own safety at this point, really because I don't think she's a threat. But yeah, it's been Uh, it's been strange. There's a lot of parallels to the show Baby Reindeer. It's a good show.
Speaker 2: You shall watch it, Okay, all right, I'll check it out. I thought it was uh, I thought it was fucking about a reindeer.
Speaker 3: Nah, Well it's a it's about a stand up comedian, well like a kind of small time stand up comedian, about as small time as my band was. And he gets a stalker who's like a she becomes like a crazy fan of him, and there's a lot of a lot of weird parallels.
Speaker 1: Well, you're going you're Dave, right, Aiden?
Speaker 2: Aiden? What damn it? Someone else called in is Dave.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I like Dave. It's a good name.
Speaker 2: I like Dave too. I like Dave too. Well, Aidan, thanks for thanks for sharing. Uh I I hope everything works out, okay, Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I'm hoping so too.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we.
Speaker 3: Go, Uh, not that the people computer, but I do I think you should go back on the H three podcast whenever you're in LA because your podcasts and their podcasts are like, those are the two I watch and I love your your episodes together.
Speaker 2: Thanks yet, dude, It's crazy how many yeah, dude, so many people when I when I, when I do my life, I've shows and I meet people afterwhard It's like there's always so many people wearing uh, wearing Teddy Fresh. So I know that those those universes are definitely on a on a on a on a similar vent diagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I actually I actually found well, I knew of their podcast. I didn't start watching. I started watching you first. I know you said, oh really.
Speaker 2: That's that's that. That's a new one. I've not I have I haven't heard that. I have not heard that before. I have not heard anyone who I have introduced it to. The to H three, I mean they're huge.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I've heard of them before, but you know, I didn't really start watching the until after you were on some cool man.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, one for me. Hell ya, Well thanks for calling Aiden and uh good luck and don't uh you know, keep keeping keep an eye on the in the back of your fucking head, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll let you know that the at the next Saint Louis Live Show whether or not I was murdered.
Speaker 2: I completely you know what, I completely forgot about that, that whole interaction we had at the beginning of this call. And I'm gonna just say this, because I think you're a nice guy. I forgive you for calling me short. Uh, even though you know what I forgive you. It's your fucking freedom of speech. It's your First Amendment right to call me short. It's also true. I am I'm a short. I'm a little little No, I'm no, I'm I'm I'm a I'm a teeny tiny, itty bitty ah little little guy.
Speaker 3: You're taller than the average.
Speaker 2: Get go oky, take care of.
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 5: Is this Lile?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hello? What is your name?
Speaker 5: You can give me a name if you want.
Speaker 1: I can give you a name if I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna call you. I'm gonna call you Lyle. You're Lyle. We're both Lyle.
Speaker 5: Excellent works for me. Good t me Toole.
Speaker 2: Lyle. What's up?
Speaker 1: How's life? How's it going?
Speaker 5: It's you know, it could be better, but I guess that's why I'm calling it so.
Speaker 2: Lyle. You you texted me and you said something I thought was very interesting. You said, Hey, Gek, I'm getting locally famous by word of mouth, and.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be what tell me?
Speaker 2: Tell me more?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: Okay, I am an Uber driver, uh, and I am also an artist and I decided one day about like seven or eight years ago, I was going to include my art in my ubercar. And you know, people have responded very positively to it. It's like, oh, this is an experience, like you're amazing, Like it's just like compliments out the wazoo. There was one girl who straight up told me, You're going to heaven for this?
Speaker 2: Do you know that?
Speaker 5: Right? I like, I have my doubts, but okay, So I tried posting about it on social media one time, uh, and I gotta say the response was very negative. A lot of people called me very entitled because it's like not every Uber driver can can afford to spend stuff on your car like that, Like people are going to destroy that like et cetera, et cetera. Uh, talking about like the decorations and such.
Speaker 2: So, so so you're the plan is you're so you're an artist and you were basically decking out your your car I remember Carr.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, correct, okay, And like, honestly, there were just a lot of negative comments on the singular post that I made. Really it got to the point where I had like started to spiral a little bit and I was like considering taking the whole thing down and just being a plaine ubercar again. And my brother he actually he actually stole my phone and he was like, hey, you know, there was some sort of new update to the phone. Can I like see yours to compare it? And he like ran away with my phone to the bathroom for a minute, and he came back out and he said, hey, I actually deleted this post for you. You're awesome and don't let these idiots tell you what to do with your life. And I was like, oh shit, that's really nice of you. And like I decided from that moment on that I was not going to have like any sort of social media presence about this. I was just going to live my life in person and like, you know, have the have a nice time, just like earning money and like living life. So, okay, here's where I would like to ask you for either validation or condemnation.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 5: I've done this for almost eight years in three different cities. Each time I have gotten offers of like, oh, I can be like a regular passenger for you, we can do it off of the Uber apps and I'll just pay you directly, and like they'll like they want to call me, they want to like hire me, they want to do news articles about me and such. There have been people who want to tag me on Instagram stories and whatnot, and I'm like, I don't have social media, so and they're like you should, you should? You would go absolutely viral, like you need to have a TikTok live, And like, honestly, I've looked into the logistics and stuff of all that, and there are like really good reasons not to not to like become famous in that sort of sense. Like there's consent laws for filming you need to be worried about. There's the general shittiness of invading somebody's privacy after a long day. There's uh insurance costs because Uber provides us with insurance and doing it like through an insurance company would cost like six hundred extra dollars on top of the one fifty I already pay for personal. So it's like I don't want to do that. I don't want to like give people my number or like I don't want to have to have contact with some of these people because they are they are nuts. There are a lot of really crazy people.
Speaker 2: Out There's a crazy people out there.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know that I saw earlier with the.
Speaker 2: It's something I know from from doing this, That's something I know from just being alive on the planet Earth.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, And I just like generally did not want to give out my information. I do not want to go viral. I don't want to have a TikTok or a TikTok live or or whatever presence. And like I'm basically turning down potential fame, potential fortune to just live like a normal what I would consider a quiet life where I just like I go to a bar, I hang out with my friends when I have time off, you know, like I'm not not on the content grind, you know what I'm saying. And I'm like, so.
Speaker 2: This, so this is this You're asking me for validation or condemnation on this choice.
Speaker 5: Yes, on the choice of like turning down potential money, wow and like stuff just to be myself and be happy.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm gonna stop. I'm not gonna call you Lyle because I want to actually talk to you, and I feel like if I call you Lyle, it's gonna make a weird So I'm gonna call you. I'm gonna call you Jenny. I love I love this call. This is so great. This is so awesome. I love this. This is great, this is really awesome. How how I I before I give my comments? So you've been doing this for eight years, just like and and you. It's just basically so for eight years. You just you're an artist. You have a decked out, cool ass fucking car. People love your car. People are are asking you if you can be, you know, their personal chauffeur. And it's it's become too much. Oh my god, wow, I am dude, Jenny.
Speaker 1: I love this, I.
Speaker 2: Mean off the gate. First of all, you don't need my validation on how to live your life. I think the way you're living your life is spectacular. I really do, I mean, I really do. I mean you just you know, a just from talking to you for nine minutes, you sound extremely happy as a person. Is that true?
Speaker 5: Well? I mean I do struggle with clinical anxiety and clinical depression. I say the word clinical because I did go to a doctor. I went to a psychologist. I'm on medication, so you know, like it is what it is. But I've been managing it pretty okay. I see a therapist, a real therapist regularly. So I promise you I'm not going to like hit you with the with the deep stuff today.
Speaker 1: No, this is this.
Speaker 2: Is this is perfect, you know, dude, I'm telling you this. Everyone who's telling you like the they're going viral on social media, having social media, having money.
Speaker 1: These are all.
Speaker 2: Tools. Ideally, these ideally, these are all means to greater ends that we've actually thought about and that we're not just pursuing for the sake of pursuing them, you know.
Speaker 1: And so it sounds to me that your greater end.
Speaker 2: Is it sounds like you've thought about what you want out of life, and it sounds like what you want is a is a nice, quiet life where you can make art and be happy and be with your friends and hang out and not have to deal with fucking crazy people. Correct, And it sounds like and and you know, look, if you told me you had a different dream and the way to get to that dream was through you know, the tools that social media and money can provide. I would say you should go for it, but that doesn't sound like what's going on.
Speaker 5: You know, yeah, definitely not. I mean, I got like a college degree, so I am educated. I am like capable of getting a different job. It's just that every time I do it never really works out. Uber's just been like the one thing that's consistently paid my bills through it all. So I'm like, at this point, why I fight it? This is my job now, Yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: I mean also, here's another thing. I swear to god. I was just I was talking to my friend about this all day to day. How long have you not had social media for?
Speaker 5: We're going on like about two years ish, And I mean like that the story about the post that I made actually happened probably about four or five years ago. But I was still like terminally online after that, like checking Twitter for stuff, and you know, every time I opened one of those apps, I noticed that there was just something new to be angry about. Dude, and I was just so tired all the time.
Speaker 2: How'd you find me? By the way, if you're not on social media, so like.
Speaker 5: I don't post or anything. I do, uh like scroll through YouTube shorts. I watch a lot of those, like the Minecraft parkour while people read out memes let me do Yeah.
Speaker 1: So funny.
Speaker 2: I was about to be like, what the fuck are people watching these days? And I was like, oh, I know exactly what she's talking about. I've watched a bunch of those videos, like yeah, no.
Speaker 5: I love those things. They're a curated feed. I don't have to see any car crashes. I don't have to see any like horrific guys running through parades with a truck, you know, like it's it's just nice.
Speaker 1: Dude, Jenny.
Speaker 2: I if you can live your life, if you can live your life without social.
Speaker 1: Media, you really really really should.
Speaker 2: You know, I have some I'm on social media because well, my excuse is that it's for my job, but really it's just because I'm addicted to it like everyone else is.
Speaker 1: But like when I when I phones off, when I when I don't have.
Speaker 2: Social media, like, it's just such a profound source of anxiety for me and for for so many people that I know, and and you know, it's it's hard to just fucking rail on it right because the reason that you and I are talking right now, the reason that you know I'm able to tour the country and and and you know, get to talk to so many people and do all this amazing stuff I get to do. Is is because of you know, using social media and going viral as a tool as a means to an end for me to get to do those things. But it comes with the great cost of like just anxiety, like you know, I mean, you know, like that that Instagram post that you're constantly obsessed with the comments of of like getting other people's opinion, getting other people's opinion, not just not just other people's opinions about your life, but just other people's opinions in general. You're scrolling through TikTok and someone's like dating in twenty twenty four, be like and it's like.
Speaker 1: I don't care what you have to fucking like.
Speaker 2: It just makes you forced to care about everything everyone says, and it's just a fucking total nightmare. So I'm really telling you, Jenny, if you don't mind, you don't need my validation. But here it is like, if you can have a happy, fulfilled life just making art and hang out with your friends, it's you're gonna have a thousand times more of a positive experience doing that than you know, anything that you would find hanging out on Instagram.
Speaker 1: So I think you're making a great decision. I don't think that.
Speaker 2: Like money and fame should be pursued to the max for the sake of themselves, just for the sake of it, just because just just because you have other people telling you, oh my god, you could be so viral doing this, like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like legitimately, last week, I want to say, there was a woman who came out of this fancy party that I was taking somewhere, and she was like, oh, you know, I know all these people that can help you get famous, Like I'm going to get you in contact with a newspaper guy that I know, and like she tried to take down my information and I'm like, no, I don't. I don't give out my phone number, but you know, like have wonderful I.
Speaker 2: Great, dude, dude, dude, look, dude, if if that person were here's the thing and it's about gut because if that person we're talking to you and you were like, oh that sounds cool, that sounds fun. Oh I can make this into a business and I can make more money, and like there's nothing wrong. There's nothing wrong. With wanting to make money, but it's there's been nothing wrong with not wanting to do anything. It's about what you want out of your life, you know what I mean. And you get to decide that, not whether not other anyone else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I mean I've been trying to so every time they ask, I'm like, no, thank you're not interested. And they're like, but you could be making so much money and I'm like, I'm good man, i might be like my bank account might be negative. I'm like this close to losing health insurance because I haven't been able to pay it lately because whatever, you know, Bill's but you know, like at the end of the day, I would sincerely rather struggle because like I you know, I used to live in Los Angeles and one time, one time I got the Papa Razzi treatment. Like I pull up with my art car and uh, the people like notice that I have this donut pillow that I used to like rest my arm on, and they're like they're like flashing their cameras at me, and they're like, I'm like, oh my god, this is awful. My eyes Burt.
Speaker 1: M dude, I am.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you. I'm genuinely very curious about this. I know you called in and you were like, I want your validation or your condemnation. And I don't know if you called in just to you know, Uh, this has been a great call. I've enjoyed. I've enjoyed. I really do enjoy talking about this genuinely.
Speaker 1: Is is.
Speaker 2: Validation on your decision to live your life in this way of really a thing that you struggle with?
Speaker 5: I mean it's because it happens uh so often. It's it's just like, am I crazy? Like is this something that other people would tell me? Like, oh, you know, you're absolutely insane. You need to you need to give into this pressure. You need to create your own business. You need to like go into that so that you can afford the startup costs and like then you'll be happy because you'll not be struggling anymore. And I'm just not. I don't know, it just doesn't interest me. I mean, uh, like, I just the reason that I called in was because I it's it's not that God, I'm sorry. So I mean, I guess I wanted other people's opinions to like maybe say more definitively because I know you guys in the comments will like sometimes respond to callers as well, So I check the comments if anybody else would like to say, you know, this person is not like, oh she's a nightmare.
Speaker 4: Oh but but.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that. First of all, nobody's gonna say that. Second of all, even if they do, that doesn't matter, because it's not.
Speaker 1: That that.
Speaker 2: What people say is not the important variable here. The important variable here is what you want to do with your life and what decisions you think are right for you.
Speaker 5: You know, Yeah, I mean, I just I don't want to become a CEO. I don't want to like have a billion followers. I don't want to I don't want to go on Jimmy Fallon or anything like that. I just I enjoy making things with my hands. I enjoy like how you can kind of get in the zone and it's sort of like an all existing presence in the moment. And dude, just like how art is for me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's here's the thing. Dude. It's tough, and I think about it. I try to not be a hypocrite and like, you know, think about this, you know in terms of like my own work and everything. But like you know at the end of the day, man, Like, the all you get for being recognized for the process of what you do.
Speaker 1: Is you get to do more of the process.
Speaker 2: The reward is always just more of the process. So you better fucking like the process. And if all you like is the process, then all you need is the process. You can you can be happy. You don't need to be on fucking Jimmy Fallon. If you if you're seriously so happy making art and you're happy doing it in your garage for no one, then just be happy doing it in your garage for no one. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't be happy doing that.
Speaker 5: I think file, I No, I really mean that.
Speaker 2: I really mean that. It's it's a it's a really weird, crazy thing, you know, and that that's that's that's that's really that's really just all you have, dude, is like, what are you actually doing at the end of the day, what are you actually creating?
Speaker 5: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And and by the way, like, I don't think there's anything wrong with some people like I just enjoy the process of Like if you want, if you wanted to become the art car lady, you know, if you if you enjoyed the process of creating a brand, if you enjoyed the if you were excited at the idea of making money doing this, you know, then that's that's great. That's I don't think that that's something that's to be villainized. But it's again, it doesn't matter. It's it's what you want to do at the end of the day. And and it sounds like to me, what you want to do is live your fucking life. Girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty you have.
Speaker 2: I got a question. I got a question. I got a question. And even if it's just for me, I won't post it anywhere. I kind of I kind of want to see this car oh.
Speaker 5: I mean like I can text.
Speaker 2: You, yeah, you do you like? Do you even I guess I don't wanna. I don't want to invalidate this entire conversation we just had. But do you even have like do you have a website or anything? Do you have anything pictures of it, not not to sell, just just just to see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I can. I can text you the video that I have.
Speaker 2: Let me see, text me, text me a video, even even after the call, text me the video.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to take a look.
Speaker 2: I'll check it out. Maybe I'll maybe i'll post it in uh in discord only if that's cool with you, because I know I know other people are gonna want to see it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess so.
Speaker 2: If you do that, that ass if you don't want, if you don't want use it, I want to see it. So if you want, if you want to send it to me, I'll just take a look. I won't post it anywhere. I'll do it in with it.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it, all right, all.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what i'll do. That's what i'll do. Everyone listening to this can fuck off.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, I mean it's it's a lot that is like in person because you know, you can't request me or anything like specifically. So half of the half of the like fun is just thinking you're getting a normal ubercar and then you walk in and it's.
Speaker 2: Like that's cool, dude. See that's the thing, man, is like just just doing it for that, just doing it for the fucking look on people's faces when they get in the car, Like that's that's all you need.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no, I mean, like some of the reactions we've gotten have been great, and people are like oh, you know, like you should make a reaction compilation and I'm like, it's in my head, bitch.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 1: What was that? What was the fake name I gave you? Again?
Speaker 2: Jenny, Jenny, Jenny.
Speaker 1: This was great.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed having this conversation with you. You know, before we go, is there anything else that you you wanted to get out of this phone call or talk about or anything in general before before we head out?
Speaker 5: You know, I would like to say to the people of the computer if you are thinking about where your life is going, Like I'm thirty and people are always saying like, oh, what was the point of view? There doesn't need to be a point.
Speaker 2: What do you hold on?
Speaker 1: Real quick? What do you what do you mean?
Speaker 2: What was the point of view?
Speaker 5: Just like legacy wise, like, what are you creating? What a value are you adding to this world?
Speaker 2: You are the value I can't believe. I mean, I don't think anyone would be saying that about you. I mean, you're clearly you're clearly adding value to the world. But I mean you don't. You don't even have to do anything as amazing as a fucking make a whole art car to add value to the world. You can just yeah, I don't know. I don't even I don't even know if I don't, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, No, no, you're good. I was actually just about to say that I'm sending it currently totally.
Speaker 2: You were saying, you were saying something. You were saying something about you were like, I'm thirty. People are like, what's the point of view you wanted to say something?
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I am, like, I'm about to be thirty on Monday, and yeah, thank you. But you know, I, uh, I didn't. I went to college and you know, I didn't end up like in a super important position. And like I see people younger than me achieving so much more than me, and it's just like comparing myself to other people. You don't.
Speaker 3: Mean to.
Speaker 5: Like if you if, I mean, I personally feel like I'm achieving not necessarily my best life, but I'm on the way there. So like, if if the people of the computer would like to just simply exist, I mean, that's okay too, I would think.
Speaker 2: Any keep keep doing your thing, dude, keep making art, keep uh, keep keep doing your thing, dude. I love it. I think it's great.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, guys, have a.
Speaker 2: Rest of the night.
Speaker 1: Jenny, thanks for calling.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: I really I really did like that call. It's weird, man, I think about this is actually something I really genuinely do.
Speaker 1: Think about a lot, because you know, I do this for a lot of reasons. I do it because it's my job, it is how I make a living.
Speaker 2: I do it because it's enabled me to have, you know, crazy opportunities to go places and meet people I would never have otherwise.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm trying to kind of.
Speaker 2: Stay stay connected with like the fucking just joy of the process because like, dude, dude, fucking recording this podcast can be very difficult sometimes. But but you know, even just honestly, even just now, just you know, talking to talking to Jenny over the past half hour, that felt that felt good. I I really I enjoyed that. I enjoyed. I enjoyed the process of being able to record that conversation, package it up, fucking have other people be able to listen to it and then use the money from doing that to go buy a sandwich afterwards. That's cool.
Speaker 1: I'm enjoying that.
Speaker 2: Maybe that'd be dude, that'd be insane if I have no idea where she lives or whatever. But oh, she sent me a video of the car. Oh crap, it's super pixelated. Oh I can kind of see it. Well, this is super sick. This is a total Cocktai used to talk about sick of the car is because I I Am not going to post this video anywhere, but it's a sick car. There's no call to action. There's no way to follow Jenny. There's no website. You know what, you know what you can do, you can you can follow fucking I don't know, follow, follow Jenny's spirit whatever whatever that may be.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that was cool man, rock on.
Speaker 4: All from Stephen. Hello, is this a real get go?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is this Stephen?
Speaker 4: Yes? This is Stephen.
Speaker 1: What's up Stephen?
Speaker 3: Not much.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised I got through. Yeah. I was thinking if I did get through, what would I talk about? And I've been having an issue lately. I started a new job this year and I had to start working hybrids. So I go into the office a few days a week and I work from home the other days. And the problem I'm having is I'm meeting a lot of new people, and I kind of know that I'm not going to like really hang out with these people beyond the work life, and so I don't really know how to talk to them. I'm having a hard time like socializing properly. I think I think people think maybe I'm like weird or too focused on work because I don't really know what's else to start up conversations about.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 4: Thirty six?
Speaker 2: Okay? And has this been like an issue throughout your life?
Speaker 4: No. Before COVID, I was like a lot more social. Would definitely go out a lot more and meet a lot of people that I don't hang out with to this day. But I was definitely a lot more like friendly or actually curious about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, curiosity, And do you do you feel like your curiosity.
Speaker 1: And other people has like waned as you've gotten older.
Speaker 4: It has waned pretty far. Yeah, yeah, And I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know what that is. Yeah, I don't know what that is, but it would kind of make sense, right, Like, as you get older and as you get a little tired, you have to kind of like start making more concerned effort to care about things in a way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, definitely, and and like people I'm interacting with. I'm a I'm a project manager, so I have to talk to a lot of people. So it's it's actually becoming like a for me. It's becoming something I'm becoming self conscious with because I'm interacting with a lot of new people and I don't really I have a hard time caring about I'm like, yeah, okay, but I don't really know how much further to go outside of like specific work type of conversations.
Speaker 2: So no, everyone's kind of and the people don't like to a minute, but everyone's kind of been there where you're like at an office and you're talking to someone and they're telling you about their weekend or their dog, and in your mind and you're just like, I I'm sorry, I wish I was like a nice, cool guy all the time, but I just don't fucking.
Speaker 1: Care at all. Yeah, okay, yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So they're like something that I like, an approach that I can take that would like make me at least come across a little bit more like I do care.
Speaker 1: Why do you want to come across like you care?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good question. I just feel like as my role at my job kind of has me in front of a lot of people. My I feel like the perception of people that they have of me is kind of impactful to like how effective I can be, especially if this person that I'm having a hard time connecting with is someone who is like a customer, like I'm going to deliver a project for you, but I'm you know, I just I want to make sure I come across friendly, but I'm having a hard time figuring out thereat approach.
Speaker 2: MM are you having problem? Are you having trouble just like you're having trouble coming across as a as a friendly person?
Speaker 1: Is it just because like you don't you don't give a shit?
Speaker 4: I think I'm pretty friendly. I just don't. I think I come across really shallow because I'm like, oh, you know, anything interesting on your side of the office?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Which doesn't? I don't know? What do you really question?
Speaker 2: What do you what do you really want to talk to people about? What do you really want to talk to people about?
Speaker 4: It would be more I guess more, what do I want to talk to people about? Honestly, it'd be more interesting if I was if they were just like, hey, tell me about you. It'd probably be more interesting to like tell them about me rather than to like listen to them, because sometimes I have a hard time like listening to other people because of the way that they talk. Sometimes it can be really boring, or what they do talk about can be really boring. So it's easier if they're like, what about what do you think about that? It's like, well, good, at least maybe I can maybe I can say something, and I'm very good at responding. But when it comes to like interacting and engaging with people, I think I've lost my touch, Like pretty hard.
Speaker 2: Are you ever in a conversation and you just try to say something crazy to make it more interesting? Have you ever done that?
Speaker 4: I feel like I used to be more like a shock value before COVID. Definitely pre COVID was like more would say things to get get like the shock value from people.
Speaker 1: I did that recently.
Speaker 2: I was at a bar and I was talking to someone and I wasn't really interested in it, and so I said to them, when's the last time you thought about killing yourself? And without missing a beat, they were like I think that I and the without missing a beat, they were like, I think thelast time I thought about killing myself was like three years ago, and I was like, yeah, I think me, I think probably me. Two man, And then we both we talked about times we thought about killing ourselves and it worked really well. I was like, Oh, I'm glad I took that chance.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a big chance.
Speaker 2: Is it really?
Speaker 4: I could have gone? That could have gone a different direction, I guess, but it sounds like it went a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't. I'm trying to think if I how shock Value would work with my.
Speaker 2: I'm not even I'm talking about Shockval. I'm not even talking about Shockval. I'm just saying, I don't know, man, why do you want to be a project manager?
Speaker 4: I thought that I wanted to be, but it went well with my skill set. I would say that's probably the most corporate type of answer I could give you, But it felt right and it was a good opportunity.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could go all in. You could just be super fake, you know, you could just be in there talking about uh.
Speaker 4: Don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like like sometimes when I when I'm talking to people in like an office or corporate or professional setting, they talk about like restaurants, they've been to.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's very common. Yeah, very I do find myself in that conversation a lot. Do you go to restaurants ever, I recently, I really don't like being in public restaurants. By I find myself doing takeout or like grub hub.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So when people talk about restaurants, I'm like, yeah, I've I've had that dropped off at my door. But you know, I don't really know what the vibe is at the place.
Speaker 2: People talk about restaurants, they talk about tent they talk about sports.
Speaker 3: Sports is popular.
Speaker 4: I I did used to work at at Nike, which which made it way easier to talk to people about things because there's product. Oh yeah, did you see the recent shoe or.
Speaker 3: That was cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know, see I see, I would I want to see. I think it's more interesting to talk about the last time you thought about killing yourself.
Speaker 4: That is pretty wild.
Speaker 2: I think probably I probably wouldn't do that in the office, but who knows, I don't know. Maybe you know, maybe.
Speaker 4: The last time you thought about quitting. Maybe I could start asking people.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, yeah, that's a version of that, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Be like and like why who who made you want to quit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I don't know, it could get.
Speaker 2: Really dark, but yeah, get dark, go crazy. Why not, You're gonna die. I'm gonna die. What What are we wasting our time when you're talking about restaurants? For god, I hate it so much. I hate it so much. I don't I've never been. I don't go to fucking restaurants. I eat a Dell Taco and everyone wants to talk about fucking restaurants. I don't know anything about any of this, ship that any people. I don't know how to do it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, man, I don't know what the fuck to talk to people about.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of negativity around Del Taco. I think I think people have negative feelings towards that place. Does that bother you or change your opinion.
Speaker 2: About Del Taco? No, I don't care at all if people don't like Del Taco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think about your life and this thing that you're thinking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think maybe it's maybe it's the I don't. I don't know if I need to care more, but I find that hard.
Speaker 2: No, I think you should. I think you should care less about this. I think you should care less. I think you should not. Here's like I think, don't like take consideration into like, don't be a dick to people or say anything that's outwardly mean or obnoxious. But other than but if as long as you're not doing as long as you're not being actively hostile or mean or obnoxious to people, say whatever, who gives a shit?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's a really good I think it's really good advice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, just as long because that's the thing. As long as you are are actively making sure you're not like being a dick, then you can, I mean, say whatever, who cares?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There is a lot of thought that goes into like if the things I do say out loud could come back to haunt me and.
Speaker 2: See somebody in the chat just said articulated speech comes across as mean, what the fuck are they talking about? Who gives a shit? Who cans? Then somebody, even if somebody does get upset at you about why, I don't like, what what's it matter?
Speaker 1: You're trying your best? God damn it.
Speaker 4: So if I like, is that like over articulation where you're assuming that they don't like understand?
Speaker 2: No, no, No, The point is who cares what that chatter said. Oh, they're not in your life, They're in Arizona somewhere. Yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It does not matter at all.
Speaker 2: There we go. I don't know, I don't know if any of this is making sense. I'm hoping this is helpful to you in some way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, definitely opening up my mind a lot. I really, I'm like super glad that I've got through.
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling, Steven. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: Hope everybody's having a good night, And yeah, thank you, thank you for the help. But thanks for opening my mind.
Speaker 2: Good good. I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: Stephen, Thank you, take care, talk to you later.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid I might have actually created a monster. Never be Ken goes on the line taking your phone calls every night. Never be Can goes to on his eye.
Speaker 2: He's teaching you about in the
Speaker 1: Middle of your life, but he's not really an expert.