Speaker 1: Welcome to Can't Flee Reckless, the production of iHeart Radio and The Black Effects.
Speaker 2: Hey you all, what's up your girl? Justsee Lourie's is here?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to you got another Canfully Reckless episode with your girl Jess. Hilarious. Now listen, I am tired of shit today period, and you all gonna get these stories. But I'm gonna let my friend Taylor read the story.
Speaker 2: She's tried.
Speaker 1: Mmm, she try and get about the room, y'all. No, come on, this is one of my producers or whatever, and she's gonna read the story because this is a long story and I don't understand, So come on, kick it to them.
Speaker 2: What's up, Jess.
Speaker 3: I started this new job at a warehouse about two months ago, where I met my boyfriend. He was already working there.
Speaker 2: And I was new girl. He was all over me.
Speaker 3: At first, I didn't really give him any play, but the consistency in him constantly showing effort was so attractive, so I gave him a.
Speaker 2: Shot, and now he's my boyfriend.
Speaker 3: We only we had the same shifts and when we would get off, he will always take me out, which I thought was so sweet. It was even this one time that he booked a nice hotel and got it decorated and ran me up a hot bath and bessiged me the whole night.
Speaker 2: I've never had that before. Now, like I told you, we are.
Speaker 3: Only two months in and everything is beyond perfect, which makes me question is it really perfect? So one day I asked him, Hey, how do you feel about meeting my parents? And he told me that it's a big step for him to take and he's not quite ready yet. And I understand because we only have been dating for two months, but I was also still just testing him, so I left it alone. But girl, that same day, we get in the car. It's this number that keeps calling him. He answers it and says it's his sister and she has a new number. Side note, I actually met his sister once and I didn't know she was having problems with her phone, so I'm like, okay, cool. A few days later, we were lying in the bed and his sister starts calling.
Speaker 2: Him again and again and again.
Speaker 3: I asked him, why don't you just pick it up, and he told me she's annoying. So I didn't want to get in the middle of that, so I just let it be. He walks in the kitchen and she's still calling him. But my mom was like, maybe you should just answer the phone. It should be important. So I answer it, and she said you must not be answering the phone because you were with that bitch stopped playing with me before I tell you what's up. So I said, tell me what's up, and she hung up the phone. I called her back three times and she did not answer. I blacked out. I ran in the kitchen and said that bitch is not your sister, and he's like, what are you talking about. I'm like, I answered your phone and that bitch is not your sister. So he starts going off why would I touch his phone? I had no business doing that, and basically trying to flip the whole script. We are sitting there fussing for about five minutes, and he kept trying to deny it and saying it's not even like that bullshit. So I just left it at that point, and he followed me to my car. He even got in his car and was trying to follow me for a little bit.
Speaker 2: But he just stopped.
Speaker 3: I got in the house and cried my little eyes out, and I didn't even want to go to work the next day because I knew I would see him that night. I call his phone because I wanted answers. I was blocked. I just left it at that. I go to work the next day and he's not even there. So in my head, I'm just thinking, what do this nigga really got going on? I don't want no part of it anymore, but I would like to know, because I did just waste my time and literally quite in love with him. Later that night, he sends me a text apologizing and saying he was overreacting, but he wanted to tell me the truth.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: The truth was that he used to date his sister's best friend, and when they were with each other, she would take my sister's phone and try to calm me off of it because she's blocked on everything. He don't even know why his sister is still friends with the girl, considering she's crazy. But that's what he told me he was. I didn't respond back because I just didn't know what to believe. Do you think he could be lying or do this even sound right? Let me know what you think.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, So he used to work together, okay, and so that's how she met him at work and he kept showing up assistance and all that. Ohky, because I was okay because I thought they he was just coming up her job. But he actually worked there. And you went up there and you said he was there. It wasn't even at work. Girl, Listen, two things could have happened. He could have because that, honestly, that shit could be true. We know one thing he loved to do. He loved block, and bitches don't have no problem with blocking, none of y'll out of his motherfucking life. Okay, so you said you met the sister and you you didn't know she was having issues with her phone, so she got a new number whatever whatever. Now that being the sister's friend, I have seen situations like that. That's why I used to have the mindset like I don't fuck with men with sisters because a lot of times sisters and moms and cousins and shit and aunts and shit, they can't break up with a person. When you break up with a person and they have their favorite xes and shit, you get what I'm saying. If there's no reason why if I'm breaking up with you, and let's just say fensince I'm the guy, if I broke up with you, you're still hanging around my fucking family and shit like, that's gonna be crazy for whoever I am dating, the next person I'm dating or whatever. So that could be true, but then he could be lying as well, because how he blew up and shit and then blocks you. You had the audacity to block me after I find out some shit. If he'd kept that shit a huntred from the jump, it would have never been no issue because communication and honesty is just two things that can solve so many fucking problems. That's not to say you wouldn't have been angry, but at least he told you up front the first time the sister called. I know, it's kind of like, all right, cool, hanging aswer for his sister, But when y'all was laying in bed and that number kept calling him back to back, he knew what the fuck was going on, and all he had to do was say, Yo, it's my sister popping up, But it's my ex calling me from my sister's phone because she's blocked on everything.
Speaker 2: That's all he had to say. But on you.
Speaker 1: Now, for you, it's only been two months, baby like, and I'm not trying to downplay your relationship, because when somebody just sweeps you off your fucking after you try to resist them and all that type of shit.
Speaker 2: But like, if a god makes you.
Speaker 1: Fold and where you want to fucking deal with him, then I understand how you kind of could be swept off your feet. And I totally do understand it. I totally do get it. But it was only two months, and that was like two months of you being in the honeymoon phase. And then also after two months you said, hey, you want to meet your mother. That's a red flag right there too, I mean, and then on the flip side of it, after two months, I'm not sure I meet your mother.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. This is how some guys could be thinking.
Speaker 1: Have y'all ever talked about I want to know if y'all ever talked about being official or being in a relationship and shit like that, Because even though because a guy could be playing all the right roles, like doing all the right things, playing the boyfriend duty and you know, all that type shit, it's still not want to commit you feel me like it's a lot of guys out here like that, Like women, women do all these wifely duties, we cater to these men and all that, but still don't want a relationship.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying. So that could have been what he was on.
Speaker 1: But if y'all talked about being in a relationship and all that type of shit, then I understand he definitely failed. But he didn't want to meet your mother. I left a nigga for not wanting to meet my mother. The nigga that I took on a couple's retreat. That nigga didn't want to meet my mom until I broke up with his and he was like, I meet your mother.
Speaker 2: Don't ever try to play with my mother, and that I broke up with you. Now you want to meet her? Now?
Speaker 1: Now on til the next one like jay Z and Swizz, because we're not playing Oh hold on, hold on, hold on your here she go.
Speaker 3: I was dealing with a person and we were rather go on vacation that first time, and my mom just wanted to know, like okay, let me just talk to him, like see like catch his character or whatever. That. Yeah, how he reacted to just talking to him talking to her on the phone, not like while he was on the phone with her, but before that like, oh, I'm just stressed out, like it was a lot, and he was like, I just want to get over with, Like I probably just meet both of your parents.
Speaker 2: I could go over with. What do you mean get it over with?
Speaker 3: If you're trying to grow a future with me, you can't just get it over with, like you're gonna see them a lot then.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So he always a better go on the trip and your mother wanted to know who he was going on the.
Speaker 2: Trip because it was just y'all too exactly.
Speaker 1: My mother would be the same exact way and has been the same exact way in the past.
Speaker 2: Did you ask where that came from? Like has he ever tried me?
Speaker 1: Maybe in the past he was told he wasn't good enough for somebody's daughter or what like yeah it was like extra, yeah it was it was yeah, it wasn't And what happened to him?
Speaker 2: Oh he's going he acted out on that vacations.
Speaker 1: He acted out on a vacation. Clay say yo, say no. Shout out to Love is Blind season seven. That's my shirt, my bead child because that sounds like something clear that like boy that I find all right, So back to the girl, so tell her you think the guy is lying, Okay, let's say he is lying, leave his ass alon like, because when you read your own story back, mama, like you you, you clearly can see what's going on now, even he's even when he admitted to overreacting and shit like that and then he told you the truth.
Speaker 3: Yo, A number kept calling if the friend was using this sister's phone, when did't he have his sister's number already locked?
Speaker 2: But maybe he didn't want to block his sister.
Speaker 3: But she's put it like that wasn't it was just a number and he said that was his sister. Why wasn't your sister's contact being your phone already?
Speaker 2: No, you're right, You're totally right about that.
Speaker 1: So look, I don't know who line or not, but I feel like you should leave him alone just because it just seems like it's a lot of mess. And then obviously the ex is not over him. And even though she's blocked on everything, who's to say that the sister ain't keeping her around because they do talk sometimes or you get what I'm saying, And then she could be blocked for right now and shit, and that's why she called him so fucking much. He probably she probably made his ass mad again and he blocked like you was blocked temporarily.
Speaker 2: Then he called you once he calmed.
Speaker 1: His ass down and felt better about the situation enough to explain the truth to you, or his version of whatever the truth may be.
Speaker 2: So I think you shall honestly leave him alone.
Speaker 1: And then I feel like God shows people these things so early to try to save you from something bigger and deeper happening later. I mean, it's only been two months. You enjoyed the honeymoon phase. You done got rubbed down, all that everything. He swept you off your feet. Girl, Go back to work, do your thing, and look, try not to date nobody you work with that's always liking this shit. That's a red flags and it's just a nigga that you want to fuck with. And you see like red flags are happening and all that type shit. You work with him. You gotta be around this motherfucker every day. Know that I would never date nobody fuck I work with period. I mean, I'm not as you, but I am, so don't do that. All right, le'vel update me hit me back, because let me know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a brief break, you can go grab you something to eat, something to drink, something like that.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jess, So I have a friend that she's a homie who is very beautiful.
Speaker 2: We've been friends for years. She's an amazing woman.
Speaker 3: However, I'm talking to this new guy and I'm scared to bring him around her. In the past, she has going after guys I have liked and talked to, and honestly, like, it wasn't a big deal to me, but at the same time, it's like, but why are you at my leftovers? So it just leaves me a bad taste in my mouth, Like I don't I love her, but it's just like, Ugh, I don't know, she's a type of friend. I want to really bring her around someone that I actually really like. I don't know whether to be insecure about it or just don't say anything.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So there's this friend that you have that has in the past gone at the guys that you were talking to after you were talking to them. So she ain't try to interrupt your relationship with even y'all little talking phase, but she would still proceed to show interest in the guy after y'all would talk. Fuck yeah, the fuck First of all, why are you still friends with her? And then it should be in absolutely no way, shape or for him a question in your mind if you would bring this man around her, why are you trying to bring him around? Like no, no, my friends ain't met Christ and my friends have never done no shit like that. But my friends ain't meet Christ until I was in a relationship with this nigga. We was in out talking phase. I didn't bring him around. I wanted to make sure he was right for me, you know what I'm saying. I didn't want to jump the gun and then he'd just be enough a nigga that adds to the pile of niggas that I was talking to. And it didn't work with You know what I'm saying because I hate failed relationships.
Speaker 2: I hate failed talk ships.
Speaker 1: Because I'm not talking to you just for you to go here about your business. I'm talking to you because I love love, I love relationships. But I wanted to make sure, after so many failed relationships, that Chris was the one.
Speaker 2: And once I did, and I knew that.
Speaker 1: Significantly fast, significantly fast, like seven months in, I was like, all right, yeah, you can meet everybody. Well, I actually know it was five months my bad five months in because my son was the first one to meet him.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, all right, I'm gonna bring around my friends.
Speaker 1: And then my mom didn't want to meet him because my mom got tired of meeting men that I wasn't gonna be with that I wasn't it wouldn't last. And so you know, that's what it was. There's no way that you should be trying to You ain't got no more friends to bring them around. Why the fuck you keep bringing niggas around this one? The fuc y'all must be like really really good friends, best friend's sisters, something. But I'm telling you, best friends don't scout out your fucking exes or people that you were talking to. You know how many minute it is in the world where you don't have to ever go after somebody's leftovers, whether like I said, whether they were married to them, boyfriend, whatever, whether I don't care if y'all y'all went out on one date, why the hell you, as my friend, would go behind me and do that, You know what I'm saying, So you gotta check her. But I would say, if the shit is going good with that guy, that you would now know, do not bring him around her, but had that conversation with her, because it's not like you need a little bit more advice on whether you should be insecure about the situation. Nah, don't be fucking insecure about somebody else. What somebody else doing? You leave your man and your friends separate, but heavy conversation with your friend because I can tell you and never had a conversation with her, or she would have stopped doing that show, y'all would not be friends right now?
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If she really a friend, you gotta sit her down and be like, listen, why is it every time that I talk.
Speaker 2: To someone or you or keep that shit straight up with her?
Speaker 1: I did want to introduce you to somebody that I'm dealing with, but in the past I noticed that you would after the same type of guys or like my exes or whatever, or when I'm done with them, you'll end up talking to them.
Speaker 2: No shame in your game? Why are you so comfortable doing it? As my friend?
Speaker 1: I've been one to talk to you about this, but I just didn't know if it was worth me even saying anything because obviously I'm not in a relationship with these guys anymore. But it still just shows your character and I don't want to carry this any any longer. I want you to know how I feel about it. You gotta have a conversation with your fucking friend, because I don't know what's wrong with you. You keep letting her take niggas from you. Say no, but I just think you should, like really really have a conversation with her, And no, don't don't don't bring your man around her even after you had a conversation, because she been You've been allowing her to do this shit for years. So take the guy around your family. I mean, you know, or somebody if you really want to introduce him, is he he must be a hunk child? Like what what what he looked like?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What's what is it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: What what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get her business right now, You're like, no, so what's going what's going to? Because all right, for those who don't know, Taylor is in the first episode of Breakfast Club series that me, DJ Andvy and Charlamagne started, and I'm the one that's giving her advice on dating because she was like at one point, fuck these niggas. These niggas, these niggas are fuck boys, and they don't deserve me. And I know my worth, you know, But apparently at one point she didn't because she was sitting there a pout one about how niggas ain't shuit so you didn't know you're worth all this time.
Speaker 2: So so what's going on?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Where are we? Because they want to know.
Speaker 3: First of all, I knew my word. That's why I break up with them.
Speaker 2: Nothing I'm dating oh.
Speaker 3: And I would say this is the first time that I'm I'm dating someone, but like it's very transparent where I told him, like, look, I'm gonna be dating other people, like and you're free too too.
Speaker 1: I'm not damn So you're saying here calling niggas fuck boys and you want some fuck girl shit.
Speaker 3: It's not that. That's not what's going on, white thing as a funck girl shit. We're very transparent with each other, but like we're not exclusive. And if a guy, if I'm walking out whatever that and I see a guy that showed interest and he gets taped my number, he can because I'm not touching anybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, So no matter how all right, So be cause you have girls who like to date one guy at a time. You used to be like that, but then it wasn't working for you because you was putting all your eggs in one basket, you felt, And that's like how you kind.
Speaker 2: Of it's expectation.
Speaker 3: I feel like I was putting too much expectation and focus on it when I didn't need to do.
Speaker 1: That got you when it really wasn't necessaries. You was just your point. The point of dating is getting to know people and getting to heading to make that decision if we're gonna make this exclusive or not. All right, I feel you, I feel you. So what was his response to? You can go in and date other people and I date other people.
Speaker 3: Too, Like so he is a relationship guy and he he understood it, like he didn't show at least expressed that he felt type of way he might have but restill talking though, like it's not and I honestly I feel like that kind of I like to keep niggas on their tools. I feel like it also just like oh hoho, the like I feel like it makes me more desirable because like, oh, other even though he knew, he'll say, like, I know other guy is trying to holler, but me being transparent with him, I think that like may up his game.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: He probably liked that shit because bitches be all your line and he yeah, like, you know, it's easy for a woman to lie and tell a guy like you're the only one.
Speaker 2: You're the only one I'm dating, and it sounds good.
Speaker 1: It's a dream being so but you're you're very communicative with him, and he's probably like, that's probably something that he's never had before, Like because.
Speaker 2: A lot of women tell me what they want to hear, not what they need to hear. Him that's something that he needs.
Speaker 1: But that that also let's him know whenever she got a problem, she's going to like vocalize whenever there's something going on going through her mind. If she's not happy, she's going to be vocal enough to tell me, like all right, Like it's not going to be anything that he has to find out because men don't they're not good at reading minds and shit.
Speaker 2: So I got you, I feel you.
Speaker 1: But on a scale from one to ten, where are y'all right now? I mean I know you're so wait are you? It's it like a roster situation. Do you date other people. Is he the only one that you're dating? But you just wanted to play them more point Like, if I do see somebody else I do like and they're showing interest, I may give them a shot at dating me as well.
Speaker 3: But he's the only person that I'm dating right now. I mean there's guys I've flirt with and everything else, but nothing just came about that.
Speaker 2: I might assuone actually yesterday just walking out the building. What building? This building? Didn't I just don't fuck with nobody we work with. You don't work here.
Speaker 1: Oh oh h he was dropping off a fucking door dash. Oh he was being a guest. Oh, So, would you date a celebrity?
Speaker 2: No? M M, well yeah, I get it, I get it. But if he was the manager of a celebrity or something, I got you.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, if it's too much ego union into it, it's like, yeah, I get it, because then a relationship or anything we built is going to be built on competition.
Speaker 2: I hate that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Lord Jesus.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So I mean now my my initial question is the last one before we get out of here.
Speaker 2: On a scale from one to ten, where is dude A.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm called him, Dude A because he's the first one and Dude B is the one who was leaving out the building yesterday.
Speaker 2: But where are y'all at? Where are you with Dude A? Feelings wise from one to ten, I like him.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's cool. I feel like he's definitely potential. But I'm not in a place to let my guard down yet. And I think that's why I'm moving and how I'm moving right now.
Speaker 2: So you're basically hurt from the past. You're all right, so you're still healing. So why even date this?
Speaker 1: Would I'll be trying to ask him, and why even dated if you're still healing now? I'm not saying because I know you could question me back and be like what we were, what I supposed to just ball up in the corner and be lonely. But I'm saying, if you're not ready to date.
Speaker 3: But I feel like I'm being very transparent with him, Like we've had those talks, Like me and him actually talk a lot about the like just past relationships and like what we kind of learned from it. And that's what I'm saying, Like I feel like me and him are building a trust bond. But I'm just realizing the mistakes I've made in the past. And that's why I feel like I'm trying to my time of just not like getting too excited, like oh I like it, Like so, I don't want to be like the girl that fell in in too much.
Speaker 1: So don't play with my fucking clients.
Speaker 2: These are my clients. Don't play with them. Yeah, no, I feel you don't want to be like that child. You do not, And I get it. I get it. Okay, all right, Well I'm rooting for.
Speaker 1: This guy, and I'm rooting for you, Taylor, because you be coming to here world upside down. Like yes, it'd be like we be like, hi, Taylor, She'd be like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Like you know, you know, she'd be going through with it and I'd just be like, what happened? And she like, let me tell you this nigga did over the weekend, and so, you know, I just want her to just focus on herself, you know, and heal, heal the right way.
Speaker 2: You don't use the man say hell, by.
Speaker 3: The way, let me just say though, I before I even met him, I was by myself. I wasn't there nobody or nothing like that. I was chilling like for a good at least like five months or so.
Speaker 2: Damn that's good. Actually, so did you meet him? What did you meet the do day? He is a friend's cousin. We're friends. Because let me tell y'all something else about Taylor. She do not have the best circle of friends. Oh, oh, you know what.
Speaker 1: Your friend's probably listening to us. No, Taylor has good friends, but then she has others. Okay, so, oh my gosh, from where Philly from New York?
Speaker 2: Oh? Hell no, girl? This all right, y'all. We're gonna get back at y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go talk to Taylor off air and figure out what we need to do because I may saw the show.
Speaker 2: Help Taylor.
Speaker 1: Fine, this is crazy, all right, y'all, this is uh so we've come to get another. So we've come to the end of yet another carefully reckless episode with your girl.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious.
Speaker 1: What I'll be doing, I'll be fixing mess. And we jumped straight into it with Taylor. Y'all claning with tailor in your cars right now, But don't let go at the wheelcause y'all will crash. All right, love y'all, see y'all next week. Peace Can't Fully Reckless is a production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effect. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.