Speaker 1: Back to back for you to get things done. That's what we do here at Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we got your back to back classics like we do every Saturday. Yeah, so thanks so much for being here. I hope you enjoy these. But before we always love to highlight a comment.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Hannah said, the only way I can clean is if I'm listening to y'all, then it's actually enjoyable. Thank you so much for making my cleaning enjoyable. Love from Idaho.
Speaker 3: Ps.
Speaker 2: I laughed so hard when I hear my name in these second date updates.
Speaker 1: Hannah's probably a lot of hannahs. Yeah, yeah, that's so funny. Yeah, your house looks great, girl. Okay, you gotta be really shiny after this. Yeah, totally back to back classics start right.
Speaker 3: Now, Alexis, I'm gonna go through some dating profile pick options. You tell me if their immediate red flags are not.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: Picture of a guy hugging a.
Speaker 1: Dog, Oh not a red flag.
Speaker 3: That's hot, that's safe. Okay. Picture of a guy holding up.
Speaker 2: A fish, Oh that's red flag.
Speaker 3: That's red.
Speaker 5: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: What about picture of a guy kissing a fish? While his dog spoons it.
Speaker 1: From behind, better than the last one, but still red.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I say green flag, but I get it. I'm not everybody, true, I.
Speaker 1: Say talented dog.
Speaker 3: Sometimes one photo can raise the reddest of all red flags and make you want to ask a few questions. And that's exactly what happened to one of our listeners the other day when she noticed something odd on a guy's profile pick that made her say, if there is any chance of us going out, you need to explain this.
Speaker 6: Bad.
Speaker 3: You're gonna find out what it was in your second date update, next second date update. You know, on dating apps now, where the average decent looking woman gets two thousand matches per day, and that's like two thousand guys messaging her and comp lamenting her, trying to take her out. It's more important than ever for guys to be creative and witty when they're talking, or at least google something creative and witty and then copy that like it's.
Speaker 1: Yours, so it is like, Hi, how are you not enough?
Speaker 3: Oh you're getting blocked?
Speaker 1: Stop stop yeah, all lower case letters ew yeah.
Speaker 3: But that's exactly what happened to one of our listeners. May recently when she matched with a guy online named Doug, and their conversation apparently got pretty interesting, but his first line was just straight up asking her out and may what did you immediately notice from Doug's dating profile?
Speaker 4: Well, there was a couple funny things on his profile. One has pictures. He had a woman in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 3: Bold thing dating app like a woman his age or like a mom type of person.
Speaker 4: No, it seemed like like maybe a girlfriend or.
Speaker 3: Oh to this too, And you know I always slup left. I'm like, why would your main profile be you and some guy to prove that.
Speaker 1: You can actually go out with someone?
Speaker 3: So what did you write back when you saw that there's another woman in his pictures?
Speaker 4: I frankly said, is your girlfriend going to be okay?
Speaker 3: With this girlfriend?
Speaker 1: I can't believe you still wrote him back, you know, but like, okay, give me back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good to call somebody out to like hey, you know, did he have a response.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he responded that he doesn't have a girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I would believe him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Just trust just whatever guys say, and all the time, trust the internet.
Speaker 1: So who is the woman? What did he say?
Speaker 7: She was what was the explanation?
Speaker 6: Right, So I obviously asked, who's this woman in the photo and he responds, Oh, that's my wife, but we're just friends with a laughing emoji.
Speaker 3: Broke this as a joke. It's called sarcasm, and sarcasm he doubled down to down like that or did you think it was funny?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I thought it was funny. I obviously knew it was a joke.
Speaker 1: Explain the joke after he said So that's cool though, So you guys are on the same page. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I really liked his humor. And he did this other thing that I thought was really funny too, is you know.
Speaker 6: He was telling me that dating apps are really hard for guys, and in his experience, it's been tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's ghosted so many times.
Speaker 3: Sorry to say that he's been ghosted or he has ghosted other people.
Speaker 4: He said that he's been ghosted.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he really meant both.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He sent me a photo of him at a table by himself, laughing and said at this point he started dating actual ghosts.
Speaker 1: Red flat.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I think he's being self deprecating, saying, like, see, nobody wants to go out it's.
Speaker 1: A dangerous area to tread because at some point it will start to make you look kind of sad empathetic, right, at some point, like it's not funny anymore. You know how hard you going?
Speaker 3: Well, how many people showed up to my birthday party? I'm alone? Brook just helped me realize it's probably my problem. You just make fun of yourself a little too much. Yeah, but you didn't feel that way. May you felt like he was just doing just enough to be humorous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean you have to get somebody the tension.
Speaker 4: You know, it's hard. There's a lot of options out there, and so that's how he star.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, Well so you did you guys end up going out?
Speaker 7: We did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we went out for drink.
Speaker 1: And what was that like the first time you saw each other?
Speaker 4: It was nice. I mean he seemed really nice, a little more spoken than I would have thought.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, because he was so bold and sarcastic that he's writing, and that's interesting, he'd.
Speaker 3: Be cracking jokes the whole time.
Speaker 4: But I mean, it was fun. He seemed like a really good guy. He's interesting, he's in a band.
Speaker 1: There's another red flag. Nothing red flag I don't know, just musicians.
Speaker 3: What's the reputation?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: They're talented?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not talking about parody songs there.
Speaker 3: I think he's a keeper. Don't let this one go.
Speaker 1: A singer, I see.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it's cool that he's.
Speaker 1: In a band.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was cool. I really enjoyed the conversation. I thought we really got along. We even kissed at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: Whoa and musicians never wow. Okay, So what's happened since the date.
Speaker 6: I honestly just haven't really been able to get a hold of him.
Speaker 1: Is that he's the one play Yeah, and that's a weird thing, Like he's like talking about how terrible the dating world goes.
Speaker 4: I just want to quickly correct myself. I'm not able to get a hold of him on the phone, but we are texting a little bit back and forth.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's not totally silent.
Speaker 4: I mean, the thing is, I have a lot of options.
Speaker 6: I have a lot of people asking me out, but I wanted to give Doug a chance because I really enjoyed my time with him.
Speaker 4: So I don't know. I'm just kind of thinking maybe he does have a wife.
Speaker 1: Or right, like like there's always some truth in every joke, right.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's just so used to being ghosted he doesn't know how to act around a woman who actually wants to be with him. She's like, let's go out again. He's like, don't mock me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I know, Yeah, I mean I hope I didn't join And by actually asking him to hang out a yet, we'll find out.
Speaker 3: We'll come back call him and try and get your second date update. Right after this second date update if you're just joining us, we're on the phone with one of our listeners, May, who, in her own words, is a woman with lots and lots of other male options online.
Speaker 1: I mean, so she's a woman.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, she is quite the woman. Her bumble hinge notifications are blowing up on the rag. But she's not thinking about all those other dudes Thurston after her and her picks. She's thinking about one guy named Doug, Funny, simple, nice guy in a band, Doug, who went on one day with her and immediately got her attention. But now, for some reason afterwards, they can't send a nail down a time to hang out again.
Speaker 1: Even though Doug went on and on about how terrible dating is for him.
Speaker 3: Which has may worried that maybe he actually might be married. Because they joked about the woman in his profile pick being his wife. Maybe it wasn't so jokey after all, you know.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where he's like, well, I.
Speaker 3: Told her, How mad would you be if we get him on the phone and he told you that actually is his wife?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: I would be pretty upset because I don't accept lie.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Not as upset as his wife would be. Yeah, I'm just trying to look at the positive here.
Speaker 3: Who would be angrier for his wife? Maybe we'll find out in a couple of minutes. Here we make it a really angry Texan. Wait a minute, my husband. But no, let's just call it Doug and see what he has to say. You ready, I am? Okay, good job, Jeff. Here we go.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey is this Doug? Uh?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Dog, Doug.
Speaker 3: You don't have to sound so skeptical. It's okay, nothing sinister going on on our end. We're just a radio show hoping to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Hey, Doug, what's up?
Speaker 9: What's what's going on here?
Speaker 3: What's going on is a segment we do called the second date update, and you're gonna be our featured star for the day. No, I don't believe you, Doug's honest. I think you're more excited than you're letting on because we're trying to hook you up with one of our listeners who you've already been out on a date with, and she just wants to see you one more time. Her name's May.
Speaker 9: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Oh my, that was a good surprise.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She sounds darling and it sounds like you guys had a great time together.
Speaker 3: Yea with all the noises, dog, she's into you. That's that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: I thought dating was so hard for you, Like this is like you got one.
Speaker 9: I was like, you guys know a lot about me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, we've heard some stuff from you. From May herself. She we asked her to describe your date, and she had glowing reviews.
Speaker 1: Honestly, she said you're really funny, and.
Speaker 3: She thought your profile's funny too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she talked about the profile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it came up, yeah, that you had a funny joke about the girl in your picture.
Speaker 1: Well, we asked because we thought that the girl was a ready Yeah, yeah, you should change that.
Speaker 3: We clarified that's not the reason why we're calling. We're not calling to criticize your dating profile stuff, though we could, but no, we're We're really focused on May because she's really confused. She wants to see you. She feels like she's been reaching out trying to arrange a date and you keep avoiding her.
Speaker 1: Is she reading that right?
Speaker 8: I mean she does keep suggesting nights, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's usually when you say, yeah, Friday works great for.
Speaker 3: Me, unless you're not into her, if there's some other problem you're married.
Speaker 9: Yeah, still, that's two Friday nights. She has to see my band, and like.
Speaker 8: She wants to come see me perform and like grab a drink after work.
Speaker 3: That's nice, you have a show.
Speaker 1: She's even interested in, like your hobbies.
Speaker 3: Why you're saying it like it's a bad thing.
Speaker 8: I don't, I don't, I don't any them know how to answer her, Like what do you mean?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 8: She was even asking for a one on one concert at my place.
Speaker 3: That's her flirting with you, Doug. That means she wants to see you, and probably on a stage of my house.
Speaker 1: Too much pressure you probably have.
Speaker 3: To put on an entire concert. She just wanting to hang out.
Speaker 1: I don't think she cares about the basic.
Speaker 8: Bro Oh, there's pressure when like she thinks that I know how to play guitar, you know, like I'm not really in a band, Like I'm not.
Speaker 9: I'm not really musical at all.
Speaker 3: You said you're not. You told her that you're in a band.
Speaker 8: Well, I need something to sound cool like and make me stand out.
Speaker 1: God, you chose do something that you actually do. I'm sure there's something cool about you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's cool things about me, like, but you.
Speaker 9: Gotta have something to like really sticks out. You know, you're trying to.
Speaker 1: Stand well, well, I mean I get it, like you're in a it's a lot of pressure. You're having a hard time dating, like with the apps and stuff. You want to stand out, and then suddenly this lie is snowballing, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I really liked her, and I didn't know what to do, And she keeps asking me like.
Speaker 3: That's why you're not getting this date because she's asking based on the lie that you've told her that you're in a band and you're not.
Speaker 1: But that's a lot better lie than he was married. It really is Yeah, it's kind of cute. You're trying to impress her.
Speaker 3: You know, And that's that's a rough lie to go with though, Like, if you're not in a band, how are you ever going.
Speaker 1: To prove the panicked Jeff Okay came to mind.
Speaker 12: Is he either go with that or be a Formula one race car driver?
Speaker 1: Those jackets are brilliant style right now for girls.
Speaker 3: And a guy that lives dangerously on the racetrack. No Americans watch, so you can say you're like.
Speaker 1: From that's one.
Speaker 9: At least I could have said I was in an off season right now.
Speaker 1: Just driving your Kia around.
Speaker 4: Hi, I've heard enough?
Speaker 13: Oh you have what?
Speaker 3: What what? Yeah, Doug, he didn't know. That's May who's been listening on the other line right now.
Speaker 1: To being honest now, whether you wanted to or not.
Speaker 12: Yeah, look, I'm I'm sorry. Like you were like so pretty and then cool and like I just I wanted you to like me.
Speaker 8: I just I felt like I had to say something cool.
Speaker 4: You know, that's really sweet. But also we've spent half of the time on our first date talking about your band.
Speaker 12: Oh here's the thing though, Like immediately after already, like I signed up for piano lessons.
Speaker 1: Count the band. Yeah, not quite as sexy, usually the least sexy of a band as a keyboardist.
Speaker 3: But did you say you played guitar in the band though, Doug?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, but the guitar lessons, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Play the triangle?
Speaker 1: So does may Do you feel like you know anything about him?
Speaker 4: I know, like a couple of things about where he grew up.
Speaker 9: Look, it was just a band thing, like everything else was real.
Speaker 3: Do you hear that everything else he said was real, like the wife and his photos.
Speaker 11: No, no, not that.
Speaker 3: Everything else except for that.
Speaker 4: I don't need any big, fancy career or any you know, super impressive hobby. I'm just looking for a really genuine, funny person.
Speaker 1: And besides, Doug, do you know that when she told us about the band, Alexis and I were both like red flag. It's true, red flag. You can't trust a guy in a band. Apparently you can't trust a guy not in a band.
Speaker 9: And girls always loved mad boys.
Speaker 3: In band, but not for long my friend, would you honestly have been interested in him if he did not say he was in a band.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The thing that attracted me to him was his humor and that he was funny.
Speaker 1: Well did he come up with a good band name. Maybe he had a funny band name.
Speaker 11: Yeah he did.
Speaker 9: They call Chick a Noodle to check out.
Speaker 3: I like it at the very least. May just talking to him now, he seems like a nice, sincere guy. He is coming clean. Yeah, and Doug, I'm going to give you twenty seconds here to say your final piece before we offer to send you guys out on a date. What do you want to say to May?
Speaker 12: I just I should have been up front. I'm super sorry. If you give me a second chance, I'll just anything you want to know, straight honest truth, and I'll be my goofy normal self and you can either like me for that or not.
Speaker 1: That's good page.
Speaker 3: Plus, we're going to offer to pay to send you guys out on another date. May, So what do you say?
Speaker 6: I will say that I do not like liars, and I also am very attracted to people who are super.
Speaker 4: Secure with themselves and who they are. However, I really enjoyed talking to you, and so I will give you a second chance. This person.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so it's.
Speaker 4: A yes, no, no, it's yes. I want to go on a second.
Speaker 3: Okay to say, she's so excited to see you again. You can't wait to hear your first piano lesson once you figure it out.
Speaker 9: Yes, man, you have no idea having this liar back out less stressed. I feel that's really sweet. We can get together on Friday if you want.
Speaker 3: Piano lessons a weekdays and your wife's cool with that dog.
Speaker 9: Yes, my wife.
Speaker 5: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: That may be the first self admitting, outright liar on our show that our listeners were actually rooting for.
Speaker 5: Because he's just.
Speaker 1: So sweet, you know, and like earnest. He was really earnest about the whole thing until.
Speaker 3: He really was just like so nervous because he liked her so much, just had to make up an excuse.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It just goes to show if you lie and you do get caught, try to sound as pathetic and helpless as you possibly can, and people will feel so bad for you that they'll actually be on.
Speaker 1: Your team, no wrong, or just have a good apology. That's what he had you too. God, he was athetic.
Speaker 3: He even won over Brook, which is hard for any man to do.
Speaker 11: So serious.
Speaker 3: Make sure to hit up our YouTube TikTok our Instagram Abroke and Jeffrey to see clips from our show, so you can lie to your next date and say that you're one of us and don't believe you I Brook, I buy it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can get more dates with that.
Speaker 3: One of us. Maybe anyway, you can always listen to our show up on our podcast wherever you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's common to scope out a restaurant before you bring a date there. You want to make sure the menu is good and the ambiance is right, the mechanical bowl isn't too wild, record win over a man, impress that date as all gard But is it still good if you're only going to make sure there aren't very many security cameras. One of our listeners swears he has a very good reason that's totally not sketchy at all for wanting to make sure the place is extra extra private.
Speaker 5: To say that.
Speaker 3: Let's keep an open mind, because we're going to hear him out in your second date update. Right after this second date update date, A lot of so called dating experts will tell you that it's good to bond over things that you both love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did you use dating experts and quotes?
Speaker 3: That is true, Jo, I'm telling like the same TV shows, same sports teams, Yes, the same mom. You know, I don't know if I really trust that line of thinking, But one of one of our listeners says he was drawn to a woman based on what they both hate, and that actually sounds healthier to me.
Speaker 1: That can't bring you together.
Speaker 3: So I don't say this often, but let's spread the hate today and talk to Ethan learn about his date. Ethan, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: That slogan of the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, since we're spreading hate, everyone wants to go around the room and say who do you hate?
Speaker 5: Ye Brook.
Speaker 3: Now, before we do that, I like that idea for that exercise. First, let's talk to Ethan about what he hates and how that bonded him to the girl that he had. What's her name, by the way you go first?
Speaker 11: Well, her name is Aria, okay, and she got me laughing over first line, which was her biggest pet peeve is people who microwave fish.
Speaker 1: It work, Brook, I stopped bringing in salmon, okay.
Speaker 3: And where did she say that line?
Speaker 11: Oh, it's on her dating profile.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you saw that and you were like, this is my type of woman, and.
Speaker 1: It's probably a good opening, right, like for you to strike up a conversation.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because there's actually a guy that does that at my work. So we kind of bonded.
Speaker 2: Talking about bad smelling food hot fish.
Speaker 3: With every office has at least one of those people. But that's cool to bond over that.
Speaker 11: It was an opening to see her personality and man, she's funny and we just got along so well after that.
Speaker 9: As a humor so important for everybody.
Speaker 3: Some people all bond of her how much they hate humor? Yeah, did you tell joke? But okay, you guys end up meeting up for a date.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I wanted to pick a place like a restaurant so I could get to know her, a place that wasn't crowded. And that's important to me, just us focusing on getting to know each other.
Speaker 1: What do you, I don't know. I get worried about that. Non crowded places mean bad food to me.
Speaker 3: I think the positive though, is quiet and you get a little bit more intimate and you.
Speaker 1: Can actually talk. The whole staff is probably listening to everywhere. You said, it's quiet. I love sitting next to a first day and okay.
Speaker 3: Well, it's nice that you got exactly what you wanted. How did it go?
Speaker 11: It went well. And I'm also not a fan of cameras.
Speaker 1: Camera.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have a lot of things that you hate so far, you.
Speaker 1: See, I'm taking some sort of FBI watch list too.
Speaker 3: So far, you hate people that microwave their fish, you hate big crowds, and you hate cameras.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the cameras deal? Explain that?
Speaker 11: Well, security cams like businesses and restaurants, they have so many. They capture your image and they can use it for anything.
Speaker 2: They also usually don't work.
Speaker 3: I feel you though. The people at the radio station use my image on stuff all the time, and it's really annoying.
Speaker 1: Security can know he's talking about the promotional pictures.
Speaker 9: Everyone.
Speaker 3: It's on the cars, it's on the fly. Give me some space. I'd like some place.
Speaker 11: I'm with you, bro.
Speaker 3: People daily.
Speaker 1: Tell her the thing about how you hated security cameras.
Speaker 11: No, I like to scout that out ahead of time.
Speaker 1: You go and see before you go.
Speaker 3: He's thorough broke. He does his research and decides if he likes the place before he takes there. I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Imagine put security cameras to look at their security cameras.
Speaker 1: So were you able to bond over more stuff? You hate it?
Speaker 11: Dinner we talked about traveling in hobbies like I like to work out and run, and she likes to play tennis.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's also built active people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't. You hate walking running only wants to run.
Speaker 1: From the authorities after they catch them on the security camp.
Speaker 11: I'm really a positive person. I don't know why. There's just some things that bug me.
Speaker 1: That's all, okay, Okay, Yeah, and we kind of really leaned into that with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How did the date end?
Speaker 11: Basically after the meal, we left and I asked her, I don't live far from here. Would you be up for coming over and having a drink and hanging out?
Speaker 1: Okay, getting your figure and you're reading the room right, you know, like she's into it.
Speaker 11: She said, yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 11: She must have had second thoughts though, because a few minutes later, as we were walking and just having a good conversation, she said, you know what, on second thought, I got to get up for work in the morning, so I gotta go, and I was like, are you sure, and she said, yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's fair. I think it could have been one of those moments where it's like you got the devil and the angel on your shoulder, and then the Devil's like, do it, it'll be fun. Angel's like, no, you have a meeting in the morning, don't Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Ethan, you think she was being honest with you that she really had to go work the next day.
Speaker 11: I'm not so sure. And it's been like eight or nine days since then, and it feels like things have shifted. So I don't know why, and I need your help to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Right, What did you do with that thirty seconds to make her change her mind?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What were you talking about? You're like, hey, I have thirteen security cameras in my house by the ways. Oh no, that's.
Speaker 5: Right, Yo.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like the security call. Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: So maybe that's what he said. Hey, by the way, I have no security cameras anywhere.
Speaker 11: I mean, we didn't talk about security cameras like that at all.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, good, that's good. That's positive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, let's find out what made her change her mind and decide to turn around halfway over to your place. We'll get you your second date update with Aria. Right after this second date update, we're talking to Ethan, who we learned is not a fan of microwaved fish, large crowds, or security cameras together well, but good news is he is a big fan of Aria, the woman that he went out with the other night, and it went great until the very end of the evening when she changed her mind on the walk over to his place and said, actually, never mind, I need to get home and sleep because I have to work tomorrow.
Speaker 1: He was with her, not calling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that was eight days ago. And I don't know what she does for work that could keep her occupied for eight straight days and nights. But it seems like something is upright a streamer like me. She could do one of those marathon streams. Or she doesn't get off until she has a certain amount of that seems highly likely. Yes, Or she works on a submarine out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. There's just no service out there. He had an astronaut of some sort. We didn't ask what she did for a living.
Speaker 1: I know, I know a biologist who has to track like sixty miles into the wilderness to follow some Arctic fox.
Speaker 3: Do you think we're close on any of these guesses?
Speaker 9: Ethan Ah, that's a good question. I think I think he could be.
Speaker 3: You never found out what she did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you're saying during an entire dinner date you didn't ask.
Speaker 11: I'm just kidding. I think she's in marketing, Okay.
Speaker 3: Marketing submarines and marketing rocket ships, so that's totally different. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Can I just add real quick because you sound like a really private guy. I think it's really cool that you're going out on a limb and calling us for help, and like I mean, I think it means a lot.
Speaker 3: The translation if this doesn't work out, Brooke is interesting. Appreciate that specimen. All let's call this a lady and see if she's willing to give you another shot.
Speaker 13: Here we go, Thank you, we got your hold on. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Aria.
Speaker 3: That's me. It's nice to talk to a friendly person on this Every once in a while. We're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. I don't know if you've heard of us. Oh, oh, don't worry, it's not We're not doing a bad thing. I don't think so cute.
Speaker 7: What's going on here, guys.
Speaker 3: We're doing this thing on our show called the Second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you met up with about a week ago. A little bit more than that. His name's Ethan.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, wait, actually, yes, are you sure?
Speaker 1: Are we sure we talked to Ethan?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm very very surprised by that.
Speaker 3: Really, are you?
Speaker 1: Maybe he's a hard guy to read, you know, like how he's feelings.
Speaker 3: Why are you surprised?
Speaker 7: Okay, So we just he seems like a very private person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we spoke and we got that impression too, So I guess I can understand why you're a little bit surprised that he would come through a radio show to reach you.
Speaker 1: I mean, we even actually applauded him for doing it. He's going out on a limb just because he likes you so much.
Speaker 4: That's very very sweet.
Speaker 3: Okay. I feel like he maybe is a sweet guy. He's also a confused guy right now, because it's been eight days since you hung out and he doesn't really have an explanation for why the two of you haven't met up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we were even debating in studio whether or not you really had work the next morning or you just made that up as an excuse.
Speaker 11: No, I really did. I did.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, it was a convenient excuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both things can be true. We didn't think about that part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, wait, she actually has a job.
Speaker 11: That's the problem.
Speaker 3: So why did you need to use an excuse?
Speaker 9: You're not going to believe me.
Speaker 6: Okay, wait a minute, it's unbelievable what you're about to say.
Speaker 7: I mean, I told a couple of my best friends this and they couldn't believe it. I kind of couldn't believe it when it happened.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: We're interested, Yeah, you got to tell us.
Speaker 7: Okay, so we just had dinner. We're walking and I thought, okay, maybe we're going to go back to his place.
Speaker 1: Wait, you can't laugh through it because I can't always understand.
Speaker 4: What you're saying. Sorry, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I don't like laughing on.
Speaker 1: The moment. What happened?
Speaker 4: He said, If we do that, you're going to have to sign an n DA.
Speaker 1: We what Oh wait, no, he was joking.
Speaker 3: No, only celebrities. Did you said NDA like a non disclosure agreement?
Speaker 7: What I thought? He said for her once because this made more sense to me.
Speaker 9: It was to be like the.
Speaker 1: NDA, NBA like the basketball.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 10: I couldn't possibly care less. But I started to be like, oh, I don't really like sports. He's like no, no, no, no, no, and then again repeated and he a and I just have never been that confused in my life.
Speaker 1: Did he explain why? Why did he want an n D?
Speaker 10: A kind of so I'm like, I feel so stupid for asking this, Like are you famous?
Speaker 11: I don't like.
Speaker 7: That's not knowing, but are you or something? He goes, no, but my dad is.
Speaker 11: Somebody?
Speaker 3: My dad, Okay? And that didn't make you want to sign the NDA even more just to like figure that out?
Speaker 1: And why is he going to bring a dad up and tell you stuff about his dad that you'd have to sign an NDA for?
Speaker 11: Hey, guys, can we just stop this for a second. I don't like the way this has gone.
Speaker 3: Oh hello, when we were just getting to the good stuff, I felt like, before.
Speaker 7: What is happening right now?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 11: Hey, alright?
Speaker 3: We we didn't mention to you before. But that is Ethan who's been waiting on the other line wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: And he heard everything.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I didn't know that bothered you. And I think I told you. I don't go on dates a lot, like maybe once or twice a year. But the ones that I do, all the women that come back to my place have no problems signing the NDA.
Speaker 1: That's not a good start. All the other women I bring back a love disignes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's being honest, and he's clearly a wanted man subject a through z have alway.
Speaker 7: I don't like that at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's let's reword that a little bit, Ethan.
Speaker 11: Sure, it's just whoever I hang out with, I have them do that. And I'm surprised he was bringing up on the radio.
Speaker 7: Well, well, first of all, I did not plan on being on the radio.
Speaker 3: ID.
Speaker 10: I really liked you, and I really wanted to hang out again.
Speaker 7: But you must understand that.
Speaker 8: Nobody does that.
Speaker 7: I promise you, maybe like a like a super famous person or like a criminal or something.
Speaker 3: I don't think the criminals really do that.
Speaker 4: It's it's not a normal thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you're kind of selling it to yourself there, because all of the best parties and events that I've ever been to made me sign n DA's.
Speaker 1: Especially the criminal ones.
Speaker 3: Well, I would tell you more, but I'm technically not allowed to speak on that.
Speaker 1: So wait, aren't you dying of curiosity of who his dad is? I to feel like i'd sign it just to find out.
Speaker 7: Honestly, it just seemed fake to me.
Speaker 3: Believe that he's really like as a famous dad.
Speaker 11: You don't believe me that I'm rich and famous?
Speaker 7: I'm on then I'm sprised we went to that restaurant.
Speaker 3: But okay, okay, exactly. No, it fits the profile. He doesn't like to be caught on camera. He doesn't like to be seen in big crowds. He wants to go to places that are under the radar so that nobody knows who he is.
Speaker 1: And all the rich and famous people need our help getting another date. It's true, everybody in Hollywood knows.
Speaker 11: Aria.
Speaker 3: You should really rethink your decision here. I would like to offer to send you out on another date with mysterious Ethan to find out.
Speaker 11: Hey, before she answers, I need to let you know I think I'm out. She just doesn't value privacy as much as I do.
Speaker 4: Why yes, Yeah, I think I'm done before I have the chance to say it.
Speaker 11: Great, Why that's it?
Speaker 6: Are you kidding?
Speaker 11: We're done?
Speaker 1: Dude? This is going to kill me. Alexis sign anything?
Speaker 3: But then you can't kill anyone.
Speaker 1: She can tell me? Can I text it?
Speaker 6: Not say?
Speaker 3: There's always loopholes in these.
Speaker 11: Thanks for trying. I appreciate it, but I've got to go.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh god, he hung up.
Speaker 1: What's happened is we didn't get any answers.
Speaker 3: What has happened as you lot your chance with Ben Stiller's son is what happens.
Speaker 5: Right Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get mad at people for saying no. I mean that's totally their right, But sometimes you need to pull a Brook and drop your morals and just say yes to someone that you don't even like just for the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do it for the plot. I mean I feel like I was their originator of that slogan, doing that for dec just for the plot.
Speaker 3: How many basement and homeless folks did you go out with just to come into the radio and tell that story?
Speaker 1: But they're such good stories and they were good people.
Speaker 5: Sort of.
Speaker 1: It's fun and I got I want closure on this so bad.
Speaker 3: I know now we're never going to know who the NDA guy really is and that is going to haunt all of us for the rest of our year and probably the rest of our lives.
Speaker 1: It is kind of a baller move if it's just a lie to say that you have to sign an NDA. Yeah, I can't tell you.
Speaker 2: I can't I you can't get a date though.
Speaker 3: If you can't get a date NDA or not, you can always reach out to us. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and if you want to go check out all of our second date updates. They're available on podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey