Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Dex.
Speaker 3: You guys might already hear Dex. Come here, Come here, buddy, you might not stop over Dex.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, all right, calm down, calm down.
Speaker 5: Oh hepeeded all over us.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Welcome into episode to eleven of the What's Right with Nick Wright podcast and YouTube show. Please like, rate, review, and subscribe on YouTube in your favorite podcast platforms, and be on the lookout for every Sunday the latest edition of our Top fifty Players of the Last fifty Years list, which is kind of a standalone series we are doing. We just released the episode that has players forty eight through forty four. Some great names on that list, Dennis Rodmen on the list, Tiny Day Archibald on the list, so check that out as well. But before we get to what we are talking about today, which will be a lot of the NBA playoffs, here is what we are not talking about today. What did not make the show today is some dude on the Reds who threw one hundred and two miles per hour Green Bay, replacing DeVante Adams with Super Bowl champion Sammy Watkins. And Brady's last touchdown ball, which wasn't the last touchdown ball because that was a sham retirement just to get to the Dolphins. That guy who paid the five hundred and eighteen thousand he ended up actually not having the five hundred and eighteen thousand dollars. Right now, I was win though, I pivot to Demons and he typically tells me what we are talking about. But first we have some explaining to do. Demanse is a Celtics fan. Why are you a Celtics fan? What's the what's the genesis of your Celtics fandom?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: I just love doing the ray Allen Rondo and Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce.
Speaker 3: I love that love that team. Rondo was your favorite player. Now you're not. As we will discuss in a moment, a big Kyrie Irving theme. People are gonna think that is a Kyrie Irving Celtics jersey.
Speaker 2: It is not.
Speaker 3: However, that is a Nick Right Celtics jersey. You don't know, however, how I got this. I was given this jersey by none other than total charlatan, politically disingenuous former NBA player in this cant in his canton once upon a time, came on my television show, rubbed my head to see if my hair was real ala a Donald Trump, and then gave me this jersey. So it actually says right on the back, but we are going to call it a Peyton Pritchard jersey because Peyton is number one eleven for the Celtics. So you are a Celtics fan, You are not a Kyrie fan. I think we're probably starting with the Celtics, so good morning, good to see you.
Speaker 2: What are we starting with.
Speaker 6: Let's start with the Nets and the Celtics. Yep, are Celtics. My guys hate him and a buzzer beater in Game one yep.
Speaker 2: I know you want to kill Brooklyn but you know, it's just one game, and Katie isn't going to be that bad again.
Speaker 6: Okay, they might get Simmons back, and they only lost fout one with Katie having a really bad game, So they actually shouldn't They actually feel pretty good about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's that's similar to what Chris Brussard said this morning, not the on Monday morning I should say, which is, hey, they should feel good. Katie is not going to be that bad again and they only lost by one. That's not how it works in the playoffs. First of all, Katie and Kyrie combined for sixty two points, are nearly fifty percent shooting. So while Katie won't be that bad, Kyrie won't be that goodtill gonna combined around sixty to seventy points per game. But every single moment in these playoffs, when the margins are this thin count, and no, you can't feel good about losing the game. When you have a three point lead with forty five seconds left and you give up two layups to lose Boston, it's a Jaalen Brown layup. Then they have a terrible possession does Brooklyn on the other end that ends in a Kevin Durant contested twenty seven footer and then they give up another layup to lose the game. Boston didn't have to take a single jump shot to beat them. That's first of all, second of all, and I've been hammering the coaching point all year. I will continue to hammer it. Either you don't have the roster of a team that has any chance can beat for a title, or your coach doesn't know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: What do I mean?
Speaker 3: After Kyrie hit that three at the end of the game with forty five seconds left put them up three, Boston called timeout. So Brooklyn then had the chance to put their very best defensive lineup on the court, the best five defenders they can come up with, and then if they get a stop, all time out themselves, put the best offensive lineup on the court. And you know who took the court. Kevin Durant, Shore Claxton, good call, Bruce Brown. I don't know Kyrie Irving and Gooram Dragons. So either Steve Nash doesn't know what he's doing, or he does know what he's doing. And that's your best five defenders. And if your best five defenders, two fifths of them are thirty six year old Goran Dragic and Kyrie Irving. That's a problem. And if you watch that again, is the second to last offensive play for Boston. Boston because they have a real coach and they have real continuity. All they do is they have whoever's Durant and Claxton are guarding. Those two guys set a screen for each other thirty five feet from the basket, draw Brooklyn's only two legitimate defenders all the way outside of the paint.
Speaker 2: And then Jalen Brown gets.
Speaker 3: To go one on one on Bruce Brown. So that's a huge problem for them. And then also, and this is where I want to give Boston a ton of credit, the fact that they got that rebound off the Durant miss with fourteen seconds left Forford gets the rebound, he kicks it. I don't know if it was White or Perch or whoever was out there. Who then kicks it to Brown, who kicks it to Smart, who find Sadam. All five guys touched the ball. Boston doesn't call time out. That is like that.
Speaker 2: That is a team that.
Speaker 3: Knows how to play together, as opposed to a team that has two sensational offensive players and that's it, and now quickly before and we're going to spend time on this because this is the most interesting game of the weekend. Also, Durant's got to be better. Durrant demandsay, we were watching the very beginning of that game.
Speaker 2: We watched the whole thing.
Speaker 3: But in the very beginning of the game, how many times did Durant just have the ball taken from it?
Speaker 2: Just get bullets?
Speaker 3: I mean, he had half a dozen turnovers and the first handful of them were the ball. He just wasn't ready for the physicality of the game. Boston's not going to stop that, the idea that ball. Like Boston's been the number one defense in basketball for four months now, They're going to keep bringing that level of physicality. I don't think Brooklyn's ready for it. And Brooklyn now essentially has to win five out of seven, which they because they had yesterday or Sunday's game one and they blew it.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's other stuff to talk about this.
Speaker 6: Game now, Nikyrie, we got the full Kyrie experience Sunday. He had thirty nine, six and five and multiple middle fingers. Then he said he was just matching Boston fans energy after the game and said that there's only so much you could take.
Speaker 2: What do you think how fans treated him and how he reacted?
Speaker 3: All right, listen, I am not going to sit here and defend a Boston sports fan.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: That is not what I want to do. And I'm sure they were vulgar to him. I believe him, all right. And in general, fans, particularly Boston fans, have a bad rep Utah Jazz fans have a bad rep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Particularly that's a whole other story. We get into it at some point. Philly fans have not the greatest rep There are certain arenas you know are going to be extra intense if you will. With that said, of course, you're not supposed to flip off the fans like those.
Speaker 2: And the thing with Kyrie.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell a quick story from me as a child, and I don't know if you know the story or not, and it's not going to make sense in the beginning, but I'll bring it all together as.
Speaker 2: I so often.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, one time I was with my I was probably eight years old. I was with my parents that were shopping for lights. I was at a place called Rinson House of Lights in Kansas City. It's a giant, like almost Ikea sized places like lights and chandeliers. It's family owned, and there's a big, friendly dog who just like stays in the store and lays down. So while my parents are looking for lights, we were like, oh, you can pet the dog and play with the dog.
Speaker 2: And about ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Do you know the story, About ten minutes later, you hear the dog bark and I'm trying and I have two giant teeth marks on either side of my face, like he bit my face like that, and I'm I'm trying and I'm upset, and the owners are so apologetically like, oh my god, knowing this has ever happened, and my dad calls me over.
Speaker 2: It's like what happened? And I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was petting him and what did I just kind of nonchalantly if you remember the story, tell my dad I did.
Speaker 2: Do you remember? Did you grab me like you grab his tailor?
Speaker 3: Is I put my finger up the dog's nose. Yeah, I was a little kid and I put my finger up the dog's nose and he bit me.
Speaker 2: And I was horrified that he and the dogs shouldn't have bit me.
Speaker 3: But I also shouldn't have been shocked that if I put my finger up the dog's nose that he might react for it. In this analogy, Kyrie Irving is eight year old me and Celtics fans are the dog. Should they be calling him the P word and the B word?
Speaker 2: No? Should Kyrie be shocked by it? No? And Kyrie's woe is me? Why did?
Speaker 3: Why can't they get over it? Well, let's go through the quick history of this. Okay, Kyrie gets to Boston his first year there, he oddly skips out on even showing up for Game seven of the playoffs, sitting on the bench.
Speaker 2: He's not with his team.
Speaker 3: Then next year, before the season starts, he holds all Prescotmerdce's like, oh, love to finish my career here, if you'll have me. He immediately starts planning to go play with Kevin Durant, gets caught talking to Kevin Durant about this the All Star Game, gets asked about it, and it's like, oh, my god, friends can't talk with friends.
Speaker 2: What the hell are you guys talking about?
Speaker 3: By the way, sidebar our young players are totally selfish. I don't know how to win. They need to follow me. We then get to the playoffs. They have a good first round of the playoffs. Round two they play Milwaukee. Kyrie is awful in that series and demands to guard Yiannis. Giannis destroys him repeatedly and then he immediately bounces. He then last year in the playoffs, gets to Boston, or before that, even before he even gets to Boston. First game back in TD Garden, he's saving the arena. Remember that he's saved in the arena. Then in the playoffs, left here he stomps on that stupid Leprekhn's face, which I don't really care about that, but he did it. And then this game he gives them the middle fingers repeatedly, and the whole time he's like, why can't they move on? What are you like, guys, We're just here to play basketball, Dude, have some accountability. And again, I think fans are out of line all the time. That's a different discussion. But stars in the league don't go around and flip people off. They just don't do it. So much of Kyrie's own drama is self inflicted. It's just exhausting. The oh why I don't want to be a distraction for my team when so much of this is stuff he goes out of his way to do so.
Speaker 2: Yes, fans should treat people better.
Speaker 3: Kyrie also needs to be a little more like Kevin Durant, if you will, and a little bit less like eight year old Nick Wright.
Speaker 2: All right, what's next? Were by the way, I don't think we're gonna hit the clock today, but we're gonna try.
Speaker 6: But the Suns cruising game one and looked as dominant as they did in the regular season. Luca, meanwhile, might not never be one hundred percent in this postseason. So here's your chance to get off your whole MAVs to the Finals take.
Speaker 2: Okay, so listen.
Speaker 3: My Maps of the Finals pick had the caveat of if Luca's back by game three, I believe, I hope, I pray, You'll be back by game three. I'm not getting off the Maps of the Finals take because if he's not back by game three, then I'm allowed to pick it another team. It was all Luca bass I said that from the very beginning. What I will say about the Sun's game, and I'm not going to mention any other names any other people that may have won MVPs. What I will say is Chris Paul showed you what an MVP looks like. The guy who I said last year should have been the league MVP. Chris Paul in Game one of that Sun series had thirty points. You know, last time Chris Paul scored thirty points Game one of the finals last year. When all you're without scoring thirty, it's almost like he could have been scoring a ton of points, and yet he picks his spots.
Speaker 2: He had nineteen in the fourth quarter night.
Speaker 3: He only scored more than nineteen in a game, fourteen dimes all year, and it's like, Oh, the best players pick up and lift their teams in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I almost wish I do my thing when it comes to MVPs. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're almost out of time. Back, we are out of time, that's the buzzer. But we're gonna we have a jaw topic. It looks like, go.
Speaker 6: Ahead, what's last Finally, the most fun game of the weekend?
Speaker 2: Memphis and Minnesota. Yeah, two of the youngest and most fun teams in the league. This could be an epic series. Yeah. So if you have to build around, who are you choosing? Jaw or ant Man? Oh to it. Listen to me. The answer is definitely job.
Speaker 6: Okay, he definitely going with a man. But how come I just think he's more solid. You know, he's durable well and hurts playing. Okay, so that's a fair take. I do I mean John?
Speaker 3: In this game, there were like six times I was like, oh my god, he's going to be hurt and he's he is thin and he does hit the ground a ton. Anthony Edwards is built like a truck. That's where I agree with. I just think Jaws Upside is League MVP. I think ant Man's top end is scoring chain and so I don't know what the hell that sound is. I think that's them telling us we got to go, or it's my alarm system freaking out. I'm with Jaw, You're with ant Man. We'll revisit in five years. We'll be right back.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in calling everything sounds either.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, he's obviously an excellent player, but I think this is year seven and.
Speaker 2: He just always feels a little soft.
Speaker 3: To me, they could be amazing next year if he gets a little tougher because Anthony Edwards is a star.
Speaker 2: You're right about that.
Speaker 3: I mean, they have two number one picks that were no doubt number one picks, and this was this is it's like an unpopular year to have this Karl Anthony Towns take.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like he does great in the postseason. Leader Well, this is his second time ever.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's only ever been in the playoffs one other time and that was the one year they had Jimmy. But like, that's the thing is he has these amazing numbers, and before Anthony Edwards got there, it never translated to winning.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I can't prove it.
Speaker 6: It's like if Anthony Anthony Edwards can begin in the postseason, why I can't catch.
Speaker 3: And he was, By the way, he almost set the record for most points ever in a player's postseason debut.
Speaker 2: Do you know a hold to that record? By the way? Uh, is it Lebron? No, it's wait, hold on. If it's not Lebron, and I'm bringing up who do you think it is? Is Kobe? No, that's Luca. Luca forty two in his first ever playoff game. Get healthy, Luca. So who's somebody had thirty six? Anthony Edwards had thirty six.
Speaker 3: I think this weekend Lebron's I think Lebron had a thirty point triple double.
Speaker 2: Was his playoff debut? I don't remember. Kobe was a team in coming off the bench his first playoff so good point.
Speaker 3: So he wasn't the guy. But uh, but it's Luca with forty two. All right, I think we're ready for the b block. Demanse excellent first segment, even though I'm until the audience something, we were rolling. We were fine. Demons tripped over one word. He's become He's got it. He's become such a diva. First of all, we haven't even discussed it got he got his haircut. He didn't say it was for the podcast, but I believe it was for the podcast. He's like, oh, I want to look a little more professional. Damn near shaved his head. And then this time in the A bloc we're rolling, he stumbles over one word. He's like, guys, guys, guys, we got to pick. We gotta start, we gotta start to stop from there. See, you gotta be fresh. Okay, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Wild week for Baker Mayfield. Yeah, says he wants to boo people in their cubicles. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Rumors connecting him to the Panthers Robby Anderson says no to those, by the way, Yeah, he said he's motivated by the disrespect that he seems to have no fans left.
Speaker 2: Do you think we should jump in this corner? Well, I'm in his corner. I would love you to join me.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, Baker is not great, but I would also feel disrespected if I We're big. The Browns were one and thirty one in the two years before he got there.
Speaker 2: Everyone just forgets this.
Speaker 3: Before Baker took over, there was a bud Light promotion where there was a freezer fridge of three beer that they were gonna cut the chain off of once the Browns won a single game, and the first game of that promotion, the Browns tie and they're like, can we open it? They didn't lose. They've lost thirty one of them, thirty two. Baker gets there. Two of the four years he's been good. Two of the four years he's been bad. The two years he was bad, one they had the worst coach maybe in an NFL history, in Freddie Kitchens. The other he was injured, and they and fine, they want to move on from him. For Deshaun Watson as Deshaun on the field is excellent. I guess you can deal with that. But the way they've handled it leaking that he's not an adult and then not just releasing him so you can go find another team because they hope to get some sixth round pick for some cap relief. I'd be angry if I were Baker two. So I don't blame Baker feeling disrespected.
Speaker 2: I also really hope he doesn't end up with the Panthers.
Speaker 3: The Panthers are not any good and Baker if he ends up with the Panthers, I think this is. I mean, they just tried this with Sam Donalds. He's better than Sam donald but the top three pick that didn't work out in his first place, the Panthers then taking a flyer on him. I don't so I agree with Robbie Anderson, but for different reasons. Robby Anderson wants a better Quarterbackbby Anderson should be very happy he got the contract he got from the Panthers and not worry so much about who's coming in, especially since if Baker's not that if it's not like they have a better quarterback in house in Carolina, like a Baker would be the best quarterback they've had since Cam was healthy, and Cam's not. I mean, Cam's not that guy anymore. Darnold's obviously not that guy. Like to me, the idea that Robbie Anderson's taking shots at Baker Mayfield give me a break. But I really hope Baker ends up with the Steelers. I think that's a perfect fit for him. It allows him to try to get some revenge on Cleveland. The Steelers have stability, they have defense, they have all the things that I think Baker can succeed with. And I think at times there was a time where Baker's stock was probably a little too high.
Speaker 2: At this point, I think it's a little too low.
Speaker 3: I would be fine with paying Baker Mayfield eighteen million dollars a year, or eighteen million dollars for one year as a tryout, as you know, to kind of test the waters, if you will. So yeah, I am a Baker fan. I've liked him. I think that you know, he tried to play through injury and ended up costing him a ton of money. And I don't like how the Browns have handled this whole situation all right, Time now for a game, A little this or that?
Speaker 2: Demonse kicked us off? Please, most interesting comeback? Forty eight year old trail or Owens yep or the Warriors deathline.
Speaker 3: Oh it's the I'm not interested in anything t O related. Did I ever tell you? I don't think I ever told you this. I guess I am a little I'll talk with Warriors in a moment. I'm a little interested in one thing t O related, which is like four years ago, when he was getting jerked around by the NFL Hall of Fame. I went on television and I was like, listen, he's obviously should be a first Battle of Hall of Famer. I don't care that he was a jerk. He's one of the five or six best receivers ever by any metric, Like give me a break here to somehow got my phone number, called me and basically thanked me for like forty five minutes call.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think you were in college. Like I don't remember where I was when I got the phone call.
Speaker 3: I know I was on a long drive and I got some phone call from uh some it showed up, like what No, it was the middle of the day to the middle of the day, and he was so like he was so appreciative of it. But then he also just like went on like a long kind of rambling defense of his career. But I was already defending his career, Like he just wanted to like talk to somebody who's like before you, buddy, Like I'm with you, but I'm not interested in potential to comebacks. I am interested in the Warriors. The Warriors right now. They they again were recording right before Game two of Warriors Nuggets, and god knows, listen, the Nuggets could crush him because the Nuggets have the best player in the league. They have the soon to be two time MVP, one of the greatest players ever. So god knows, Game one was an aberration, and the Nuggets should, you know, at the very least make this thing go seven games, since they.
Speaker 2: Have clearly far and away the best player on the court.
Speaker 3: And the Warriors, meanwhile, were so unconcerned with the Nuggets they didn't even start Steph Curry, who's on a pitch count are a minutes count, and Jordan Poole ended up scoring thirty. But the Warriors, they looked scary at the beginning of the year when they were helped and then but they weren't even really healthy because Clay wasn't there right then Clay came back, and then Draymond was out, and then when Draymond came back, Steph was out. And so now they're all three potentially back, plus Jordan Poole has been a damn revelation.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think the Warriors are.
Speaker 3: You asked me earlier about me adjusting my Western Armorence Finals pick. My pick is the MAVs if Luca's back by game three. If he's not, I'm a West I don't know what I'm going. I'm a Western Conference finalist free agent. I get to survey the landscape. But the Warriors right now look pretty impressive. All right, what's next?
Speaker 2: Word? Stranger protests Kyler demanding an extension or Timberwolves fans gluing and chaining themselves to the court.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Timberwolves fans are mad at Timberwolves owner Glenn Taylor and like his chicken farms or something. I'm more interested in the Kyler Obviously. The stranger ones are the people gluing in themselves the court and chaining themselves to the rent. That's stranger. But the more interesting is Kyler. I don't know what leverage Kyler thinks he has. Ky there have been in the last handful of years, five guys that after your three gotten quarterbacks, top five picks, that after your three have gotten big extensions. Mahomes no doubter, Josh Allen, I didn't think it was a no doubter, but he got it and has been great. Deshaun Watson on the field, no doubter, and then Winson golf total disasters. Wins and golf were total disasters, and they had both accomplished more than Kyler.
Speaker 2: Has up to this point in his career.
Speaker 3: Kyler's the smallest full time starting quarterback we've ever seen. He keeps getting hurt, and he keeps tailing off at the end of the year. I am not when he's got two years left on his deal. Was the number one pick of the draft, so he's not in a situation like Lamar's in Lamar's rookie deal was four years, nine million total.
Speaker 2: Kyler's is four years.
Speaker 3: Nine million per year and his fifth year option is like around thirty million bucks. I and the idea that Kyler Kyler's gonna sit out a season, really he's gonna I don't think he has leverage. If I were Arizona, I'd be like, Kyler, you're coming back, Buddy Flatley, like, we're not extending you right now.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just think Kyler's getting bad advice, and I would I understand why he wants to get paid right now.
Speaker 2: But I Lamar didn't get a deal after your three.
Speaker 3: Lamar won a league in BP and had won a playoff game. Kyler's not done either, hasn't been close to either. So I'm not sure what the end game here is. And they're not going to trade him and they're not going to give him a new deal and he's not gonna sit out the season.
Speaker 2: I think tyler is getting bad advice. All right, what's next? Okay, more passive aggressive Lebron tweet retweeting Kuzma about the heat or praising tylo Oh.
Speaker 3: I think it's the praise of Tylou when he's saying the heat. He's talked about the heat. Developing players. One thing I will give the Lakers credit for this. They did a good job in developing players. They developed Caruso, they helped develop Kuzma. Those guys were not, you know, lottery picks. So I don't think that was that passive aggressive. The Tylou thing is definitely passive for us. And now Tyleru. They ended up blowing that fourth quarter lead. Port Clippers pulled George help and safety protocols.
Speaker 2: They're out.
Speaker 3: But regardless, I mean, Lebron gets to just be right about that. He wanted them to hire Tylou. They interviewed Tyleru and they offered him the job, but they offered him a paltry salary and not enough years, and so the Lakers end up going with Vogel. Tyler then goes to the Clippers and proves to be one of the very best coaches in the sport. So yeah, like that's passive aggressive, but it is also accurate. All right, what's like we might actually hit the clock this segment. This would be amazing. We got a minute left.
Speaker 2: What's next? Dog with better media training? Yeah, the dog from Baker's podcast or our guy Dexter. Oh okay, well that's yeah.
Speaker 3: So I don't think that was Baker's dog, but he's sprawled out on the couch, spread eagle and this is well two things. One is so look at this, and Wilde made this point on the show, Baker, he can need better people around you, man, to tell you the couch and the dog, like, your first public appearance can't be with this dog with his ass on the ground, his genitals in the air, like he just can't.
Speaker 2: That just can't be.
Speaker 3: With that said, I still think he's better behaved than our dog. Let's Deanna Danielle, somebody let Dexter out. Let's see if somebody let Dexter out of the the bathroom please, So our dog is did you guys open the door? Okay, just let Dexter, just open the door and let's see what he does. Dexy boy, come here, watch this, Watch this lunatic dex You guys might already hear him.
Speaker 2: He's come here. Come here, buddy, he might not stuck over.
Speaker 4: Dex Oh okay, all right, calm down, calm down.
Speaker 2: Oh he peed all over us? Oh oh my god, calm down. Where are you always knocking everything over?
Speaker 3: Dexter, Dexter, Dexter noe? Okay, well no, I was just trying to show them. See this guy's a He peed all over my new sweatsuit. I just took him out. Now he's biting me.
Speaker 2: This he's a maniac. He's a crazy panda bear.
Speaker 3: Look at this guy. Oh but you are a good boy. You are a good boy, Dexter. This is why you subscribe on YouTube. I don't know if this is very good for the audio listeners. But he's biting me again. But this is a great.
Speaker 2: You're a very good boy, even though you're an idiot. We'll be right back. Yeah. No, he.
Speaker 3: Has like they call it, like excitement, like incontinence. Whenever he gets excited, he just pulls on himself.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back. In final segment, What's right with Nick Wright?
Speaker 3: Show and podcast and YouTube show episode number eleven. Usually in this final segment, Demons catches me off guard. Today, I actually kind of want to talk something sports related on the catch you Up card a little bit, which is you and I need to go to either game three or game four of Nets Celtics in brook so we should go. But here's what just to put a pin in, and we don't. There's I want to talk about the Kyrie stuff a little more. You know, who's actually getting a pass or something of a past and very lucky Kyrie did the middle fingers.
Speaker 2: Nonsense, it's Durant.
Speaker 3: Because Durant was really bad. Durant was really bad in that game, and nobody seems to care. And but I mean not, he's not getting crushed for it. Now, you're allowed to have a bad game. But when the nets entire playing is Katie and Kyrie both be brilliant, that's how we can overcome things. And Kyrie was brilliant and Durant was nine of twenty four with a half dozen turnovers.
Speaker 2: That's a problem.
Speaker 3: But set that back by the way that actually I just realized that means Durant's nine of his last thirty in the playoffs, because he did go zero for.
Speaker 2: Six in that game seven overtime at home.
Speaker 3: The game, Everyone's like, oh, if his foot wasn't on the line, Yeah, his foot wasn't on the line in regulation, and then in overtime if he had made a single shot instead of going over six. But no, you never talked bad about Kevin Rant. You know, he's a god. I'm a peasant. I know these things. But to the point, Demons, I'm just curious if we go to Barclays and let's say you wear that Celtics cherson and I'm just me, do you think we'll get hackled a little bit by the crowd?
Speaker 6: Then yeah, right, definitely get some side eyes at the.
Speaker 2: At the very least, but maybe even people shouted us. Right. Could you see a scenario where people maybe even curse it me? Could you see that happen potentially?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How do you think Fox, the good people at Blue Duk Media who run this thing.
Speaker 2: Would be if I reacted the way Kyrie.
Speaker 3: If every time somebody said something to me at Barclay's, I just gave him one of these.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they blur this or not, but they gave one of those.
Speaker 3: If somebody said Nick, right, you suck, and I say what Kyrie said, and I say it back, like, hey, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm just giving it back to them. You know what I mean. It's just you know, I'm here for the I'm here for the smoke. Uh huh. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean that is kind of I understand that you're the one in like the public eye and like you have the following or whatever, but at the end of the day, like you know, everybody's human, so it's like the heckling.
Speaker 2: It comes to a points where.
Speaker 6: It's like it's it's not basketball, like you're coming at me as another human being. But I understand, like the middle finger might be a bit much, and it also depends on like what it is that they're saying, like Kyrie, you suck.
Speaker 2: I feel like doesn't know.
Speaker 3: And then he said that they called him the B word and the P word. I understand that that that Listen. If if my dad were at the game last night, I'm like, hey, pop's, how was the game?
Speaker 2: He was like it was amazing.
Speaker 3: I kept calling Kyrie Irving a bit until he flipped me off. I even mortified, like you're seventy years old stopping like that. Of course, it's embarrassing behavior by the fans. But what Kyrie doesn't seem to quite get is this, in an odd way, it is that level of passion that is why the NBA is as popular as it is, and people and the players make as much money as they do because people are irrational about this specific form of entertainment. They care that much about it. That doesn't excuse the behavior. And I think in general most fan behavior a lot of times is reprehensible. But the guys have learned over their careers. The stars understand there's twenty thousand people in this arena. If one percent of them are total jackasses and another one percent are just hammered, that's four hundred people that could be out of line at any given time. So reacting to it is not in my interest. All the other stars seem to get it, and so and I understand Kyrie gets it.
Speaker 6: What tell me, no, no, no, that was bad.
Speaker 2: I was going to say something about Patrick Beverley, but that's not really his problem.
Speaker 3: No, it's problems with the fans. His problem is problem is with with skill levels. His problem is with not being a good enough basketball plas that's today's show.