Speaker 1: Still the Place with Laura Layton, Courtney Thorn Smith and Daphne's Aniga an iHeartRadio podcast. Hi guys, welcome is still the Place. It's very exciting.
Speaker 2: We are on our penultimate episode, our second to last episode of season one.
Speaker 1: Is that being an ultimate is? That's what penulty means.
Speaker 3: I think that the last words, I think is penultimate really second to last?
Speaker 1: It is. I feel like Laura might knows a different fact.
Speaker 3: I just had a different of penultimate, but I think the last believe I have it in my mind like an exaggerated es.
Speaker 1: I'll look at the den beyond. But what does it mean today as opposed to ninety ninety last? Right, thirty years ago?
Speaker 3: It meant something a little bit diminished last, but.
Speaker 2: One is a series of things second to last. So ladies learned something today.
Speaker 1: Wasn't even using it wrong? Wasn't this so I've never used it?
Speaker 3: To be honest, I'm going to start using it correctly and I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Like just try to figure out how to use ironic properly and you just go down a rabbit hole of wait, that can't be right.
Speaker 1: Wait ruined it for everybody. This is a learning podcast for our listeners. It's a learning podcast.
Speaker 2: But this episode was so crazy, wasn't it crazy?
Speaker 1: So exciting? So we've got so I'm going to do a quick rundown just so we know.
Speaker 2: So we've got Billy and Allison coming home from their romantic weekend.
Speaker 1: Super sweet. They come in a motorcycle which I was sure was Joe and the model but was not.
Speaker 2: And then Amanda comes in sort of blows things up with some crazy news. Jake and Joe are in this weird thing with this really overly sexed model Karen, who's making her intentions for everybody known if you cross your path, she wants to have sex with you, and Michael is sort of having the consequences of being caught with Kimberly by Jane, and Jane finally gets a backbone, which is so incredibly satisfying. Okay, so satisfying, Yeah, so satisfying. So let's get Josey too, so much fun for jokes. Yeah, she gets to do something different. So we start and this motorcycle pulls up Tomorrow's place. So surprised to see it's Billy and Allison, Well.
Speaker 4: You mean you're so surprised to see I'm jump you, Courtney, are jumping off of it.
Speaker 1: Uh so you did none of that.
Speaker 2: You just I'm pretending I'm coming back from the Sunday rides that you guys did without me.
Speaker 1: That's that's my backstory that I think I have seen this scene in the day.
Speaker 4: I would have invited you on our weekend real Harley rides, but we have time to watch.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, wait a minute here, all I could.
Speaker 3: I was just wondering, did you actually were you actually on the motorcycle for like the last half a block to like pull in, or did they put stunt people on and then you just stepped off in the clothes.
Speaker 2: I was wondering, Well, I don't know if Andrew, I don't remember if he could drive a motorcycle, it may have been me and a stunt guy, or probably Grant would have driven it. Right, it would have been me and Grip, But or maybe Andrew did it.
Speaker 1: We'll ask him when we see him.
Speaker 3: But you don't recall because I don't. I was watching it with that question, and I held my question till now.
Speaker 1: I was hoping, but I also was.
Speaker 4: Watching how they cut it, because usually it can either be like if you're able to, then you'll have the shot coming into the stop and then it won't cut and the actor will get off if you're able to. But a lot of times I'll cut that angle and Courtney and Andrew will just step.
Speaker 1: Off and already stop bike And I did you notice? I think that's what I saw.
Speaker 3: There was a cut, but I couldn't tell who it was in the wide versus then it was obviously you guys in the in the closer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then it was super cute and we take off our helmets and we kiss and it's super super sweet and yummy. And then Jake walks up and we did and Billy goes, don't want to know what happens.
Speaker 1: He goes, it's pretty clear since we are making out, I see what I can. I can, yeah, have eyeballs.
Speaker 2: So then Billy and Allison walk into their apartment and it's super cute and they're making out in the doorway and it's so cute, and then Alison they're finally kissing, like really kissing, really kissing, and then Alison of course loses her mind and says, Billy says, I'm even even repeating this line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a little demand it. It's like, oh, we made love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had my PTSD with this whole situation is now you're going to find a reason to put a stop on it because we love so now we have to stop and consider everything and talk about it and make sure it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: You know, well I do. I say, I feel like we were really fast. It was like, really are you? Yeah? That was what was to me.
Speaker 4: Besides she's silly, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Besides saying we're moving so fast and like we made love like just cringee lines or whatever. But that you said the apartment makes you think that you're like being back in the apartment makes you think that you're moving too fast.
Speaker 1: And I'm like what why? And now it's not going to work out? Actually I know it should be.
Speaker 2: Well, here we are back at the apartment, let's do it before I go to work. Instead, gives him a peck on the cheek and she raises off to work, or Allison races off to work because she's stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least we all agree, very accurate. We all agree.
Speaker 2: We're all annoyed. We're like, make out with Billy for a second. You've waited we've all waited a year for this. You dope, you dope, all right. So anyway, now we're back in the hospital and Michael is asleep on an exam table, which we quickly figure out he's sleeping in the hospital because he's been kicked out of the house. Kimberly comes in and very like lovingly wakes him up and plays with his hair, and Michael is suddenly completely shifted, and now he's being mean to Kimberly and focused on Jane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he seems to finally have some guilt and well I think he's been caught in the act. Like that kind of wakes you up from your fantasy, like, oh, this is a reality consequences, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, consequences And Kimberlys saying, well, wait, what are we going to do? And then I wrote this on my phone what are we going to do? And he said, right now, we're watching a valve replacement.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, yeah, he's totally can from her, which I'm going, okay, I'll see I'll say it later.
Speaker 1: I saw like a little twinge in the Kimberly character change.
Speaker 4: I saw, oh, moment of future, like because she doesn't like being you know, brushed off like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she's pretty sure here and for this episode like, oh, so you've been kicked out, so you know about us?
Speaker 1: It's still like what about me? What about us?
Speaker 3: This whole time and he's having his consequence guilt moment and she, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's super valid because he's been saying this is different, like I'm crazy about you, this is magic, We're magic, and all of a sudden he's completely shut.
Speaker 1: Off to her. Yeah, yeah right, it's really so.
Speaker 2: So then Michael goes up, he gets called to the gets called to the front desk and they say, you have a call, and we see him walk out and there's Jane by the car with his bags.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with that depositing bug in the on the side, Yeah, on the parking lot, and.
Speaker 1: I'm delivering his stuff here.
Speaker 4: It is yeah, but it wasn't totally I don't know about you guys, but it wasn't completely obvious to me.
Speaker 1: I was like, is she moving? Is she leaving?
Speaker 4: Is she going back home? But then why would it be out? Maybe it was so obvious to you, But I was like until she says it in that you know, great line reading so strong.
Speaker 1: You know, here's your stuff. I'll get you the rest of the stuff. Yeah. Ready, she's finally mad.
Speaker 2: It was really satisfying, right, she's fine, tough and mad and getting rid of his stuff and saying this did really well.
Speaker 1: It made me feel for Josie, like you should have had more of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I also liked like you said, like the reveal was at the end of the scene.
Speaker 1: As as the shot widens out.
Speaker 3: You see she's deposited the suitcases and his bags on the parking lot ground and she drives off, so she has delivered his stuff and she's like, you're out, and that's when it becomes clear what she intended.
Speaker 2: He literally has his head in his hands, like he literally has said in his hand. I love that. So now we're back at the courtyard. Joe and Karen walk in and I noticed that she's walking in. I'm like, I can see her underwear through her dress, but only lasted a second because she immediately takes her dress completely off.
Speaker 1: She just takes her dress off, goes the pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like she has no boundaries, She's just like she's completely right out there. Jake walks out and Joe's all over him. Karen is sort of making eyes. She seems very.
Speaker 1: Red in the pool in her la and Jake.
Speaker 2: Is giving her eyes, so I feel like he can't help, but look.
Speaker 1: I mean she makes signals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can't help, but look she's there. She's very sexy and she's flirting and whatever. So he's trying to like get a sneak in and Joe's like, no, turning his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, don't look over there. Look here, buddy, eyes here, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bringing him aside. She's got a new like nude brawn panties.
Speaker 1: Lace too, yeah, lingerie, nude lace, high cut. Remember when the underwear was like totally high cut, like the leotards I do so wear our bathing suits. Yeah, everything was well that's what. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember the one pieces where the hips would literally come up almost to your arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we all had them. We all had them, and we all love them.
Speaker 2: So now we're back in D and D and Amanda and Allison seemed friendly until Allison mentions that she got the note from Billy after all and makes it clear that they had a night, and then Amanda says, I was only thinking of you, Allison because her stories that she's trying to protect her. Then she says that she really needs to talk to Billy and walks away, looking upset.
Speaker 3: This is the first scene I've seen and been like, Amanda is actually hurting, you know, I feel like here, oh, you know, we were questioning it last episode, like is she just being manipula or whatever.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 3: Scene where I felt like, no, she's this was she felt like she.
Speaker 1: Lost and it's it's sad for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're still writing her with some vulnerability, which was cool. But I the top of the scene was so great because Corney, I mean, it must have felt so good to finally play that as opposed to.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, what are you doing? Oh you're one upping me again?
Speaker 4: You're like you say, literally it worked out for me, yeah yeah, yeah no, And.
Speaker 1: By that I mean we made love. Yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Rose on the bed, and so I was like, yeah, finally she gets to go and we'll see how long that lasts.
Speaker 2: No, it was super satisfying to see it, and Alison gets about half a second to feel smug, So let's enjoy that little.
Speaker 1: Half a second for her.
Speaker 2: And I also thought, I agree with you that Amanda seemed authentically vulnerable and gorgeous. Yeah, like she's never looked better and this should be my moment of victory. But I've got on this great, big red suit and she's got.
Speaker 4: Like, come on, give me that, but well I'm gonna get Well, come on for you, because you're as big as that suit was. That red suit was. It was more spelt than the other the other suits you had. There was less fabric on this one. I felt like we pulled in a little tightly and it was kind of like shaped your shoulders.
Speaker 1: At least it wasn't like a parachute. I'm sorry, that's true.
Speaker 2: It's getting a little more I'm getting a little more sophisticated. And I also think you guys are right. You made the point that Alison is supposed to be like this Midwest girl and she's not a sophisticated So I think that, you know, we're in Talctor Denise soon. But bit by bit, she's getting a little bit more sophisticated and things are fitting a little bit better.
Speaker 3: And not just that, like she's not overt like she's you know, and I think Amanda is more likely to be a little bit more overtly, you know, tailored fitted and like figure.
Speaker 1: You know, form fitting clothing.
Speaker 3: I think that makes sense, and that you're just it's like a conservative and more conservative choice as the midwesterner that you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we made it clear Alison likes to take things slow. Yeah, and she likes made that clear.
Speaker 1: To take things slow with the man and her skirts going up inch by answers slowly too, so that will happen by bit by bit.
Speaker 2: Well, all three of us, Joe, you and me and and Heather all had these really long, straight skirts in this episode. It must have been very in at that time. It must have been all we all three had them. Okay, so we're back at the courtyard and Alison walks up to Jane who's cleaning the pool, and Jane is mad at everybody, and then Joe walks up, as luck would have it, with laundry and joins the conversation. Just as Jane says, you were right, Alison, Michael was having an affair m hm.
Speaker 1: But didn't Jane look cute in this like thermal top of those pink little roses and cut off jean shorts And she's like cleaning the pool and she's like, Michael's not around, you come to me with any of his shoes. You know, I'm looking at the apartment building now, and she just walks off like she's taking care of business. I just love taking care of everything. Yeah, I loved it. Yeah, she's tough and sable.
Speaker 2: She goes, I'm fine, it'll be great. I don't know that I completely believe you. But she did look gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she is.
Speaker 3: She is angry, like she feels like, hello, she's just not Yeah, but she's not exactly friendly with her friends.
Speaker 1: But she does look darn cute in those dinners. Well, I think she's beside herself.
Speaker 4: Frankly, if she if and that happened to any of us, I think you're just mad at everything and everyone. It wasn't like an aimed at us. Really, it was just like, I'm taking care of stuff. I'm cleaning the pool. You need anything, come to me, I'm out. Yeah, and she feels.
Speaker 2: Stupid, like she feels stupid and ashamed and embarrassed.
Speaker 1: And even though it wasn't she didn't do anything wrong, it's.
Speaker 2: A horrible feeling. Yeah, I think she's she's playing it just right. So Yeah, now we're back in Escapade Magazine and Billy's coworker Cameron is is teasing him about not being a good copywriter, but Billy is writing what.
Speaker 1: Looks like a poem on his computer. I'm just going to stick a pin in it.
Speaker 2: Just stick a pin in the poem, and we see a man. Cameron notices Amanda walk in. He goes up and hits on her, and she comes to Billy and gives him some news. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Amanda showed up at Billy's workspace looking how as ever as well, and Cameron notices it. Wow, okay, and her news tell us Courtney, Yeah, tell us her news. Oh, I'm I was gonna let one of you guys do it.
Speaker 2: But he, she says, in his workspace, of all places in the open space. She tells him that she missed her period and took a home test like she's pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that she still.
Speaker 3: Has to confirm it with her doctor. Yeah, but her time is done the home test. Yeah, her timing, you know, she waits till after you guys.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Billy has sort of no reaction, sort of a.
Speaker 1: Y shunned I think sounned. I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although and you know our inclination is to go do we believe her? You know, to ask ourselves, is this real? Is this just a ploy?
Speaker 1: Is I didn't believe real at this point.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, I think it's a natural question and to not, you know, to feel a little suspect about it. But she's at least been forthright to say I need to confirm it with my doctor, so that's not just saying, you know, I am, I am.
Speaker 4: But again, this is really like Melrosie, like, you know, you think this is gonna happen, then this happens, then this, you know, there's always like a problem with someone in the building causing another problem, like oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's super smart that they have her so vulnerable and relatable, Amanda, I mean, because it makes it more complicated than it would be if she just felt manipulated.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't.
Speaker 2: This is Heather does a great job in Yeah, he's kind of the one we're rooting for. Is Alison is super annoying. So speaking of annoying, Billy comes back into their apartment and Alison is making dinner and does not kiss him when he walks in. I'm just so annoyed with her, Like, didn't you guys just make love for the first time? So She's chatting about Michael and Jane and chut chut chut chut chat and all of a sudden, she notices Billy hasn't come in the room, and she goes, are you going to join me?
Speaker 1: And he turns all those candles everywhere. There's candles everywhere. She's making dinner, shine, food, pouring wine.
Speaker 2: Adding about the day, pouring wine. Happy join her, and then Billy comes closer and tells her that Amanda is pregnant.
Speaker 1: I think Amanda is pregnant. It's not sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Alison also tells him about the Michael and Jane news, so like she thinks, oh my god, I got this big news for you.
Speaker 1: Michael and Jane.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm split and Michael's She's kicked him out, and he's like, no, I need to tell you I can trump.
Speaker 1: I can trump that. Yeah, yeah, pregnant.
Speaker 2: And then Alison looks devastated, and Billy pulls her into a hug and over his shoulder, she says.
Speaker 1: It just isn't fair. Yeah, which is right.
Speaker 2: It's not it's true, but I mean, honestly, it's kind of not about her right now.
Speaker 4: But you know, I did what I did, what I don't know. I mean, I just feel like Billy was a little wishy washy. He could have been more company, Like if it were Jaked, it would be like, you know, hugging her hard and understanding her. He's just more mature and then saying, look, nothing's going to stop get between us.
Speaker 1: I will take care of this.
Speaker 4: You're my number one. Don't even worry about it. Let's go make love, you know what I mean? Like he would just and I just felt like, Billy do more. But that's you don't say enough.
Speaker 2: Billy Nelison never ever ever say what they're actually thinking ever ever ever. It's very very frustrating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the writers definitely give Billy a pickle, Like you could see that he was in a pickle, right.
Speaker 2: He doesn't say it, he doesn't say this is hard on it. He just gets really quiet. And that's a horrible feeling to be with. Somebody just gets quiet.
Speaker 1: By not saying enough. You say a lot, yes exactly.
Speaker 2: So now we're back in Jane's apartment. It's Jane's apartment now because Michael isn't there, and she's just crying. It's heartbreaking. She's just crying good hutting the.
Speaker 3: Phone ring and ring and ring, so cutting back and forth to be Michael in a hotel, right, even.
Speaker 1: Back and forth.
Speaker 2: Then we go to Michael's hotel room and he's on the phone and that there's a knock on the door, and he gets up and fixes his shirt and you get the sense that he thinks maybe it's Jane.
Speaker 1: Well he's hung up.
Speaker 4: He's hung up the phone first, so he's on it. No one answers, and right doesn't he yes, okay, and then and then the yeah, so I'm just saying they're knock at the door.
Speaker 1: No one's on the other end when there's a knock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you think it feeling, didn't you think maybe he thought it was James.
Speaker 1: He got excited, he sort of buttoned up his shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he opens the door and it's Kimberly and she's acting sort of happy because now the path is cleared for them. She goes, oh, look at you in your apartment. This is kind of a what are you doing in that? What are you doing in this hotel? When she's actively sort of like.
Speaker 1: Her such a cliche, she insults him and mocks him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that he's a cliche for being holed up in the hotel. It's like, hello, he's just you know, she's messed up his marriage and he's been kicked out of his home, so he has to be in this hotel if it's so rude to be like mocking him for that, and oh, you're at it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of like her tough side, you know, Like the character Kimberly.
Speaker 4: Is not a softie. She never she won't be, and she never was. I feel like and this is like her tough side. I feel like she's from New York or some like thing like that. You know, look at you like that's the way she's trying to bond with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that's really the way to bond with a guy.
Speaker 3: Like and he's and he's finally in this scene really just saying he's suddenly sort of having a conscience, saying that he needs to try to save his marriage, and she just keeps being angry about that.
Speaker 1: And if I can, she says, she says.
Speaker 2: First before she gets mad, she says, I hate seeing you hurting, knowing it was partially my fault, Like partially what do you want?
Speaker 1: He kind of had a lot to do with it, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He kind of had a lot to do with it, and then he tells her that he wants to save his marriage. First, he says, I had nowhere else to stay, and you know, she's thinking stay at my place. She doesn't say it, but she's thinking stay at my place. But he wants to he wants to save his marriage. And he says, simperly, you're out of line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he says very clearly to her, if if I'm going to try to save the marriage and if I have a chance with it, I can't see you.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: Then there's this moment I think where she gets a little glen close close on us on fatal attraction, and she that is where I saw the tweak in Marcia's eyes. I just saw, like what you know what I mean, Like, I just a little bit of this sparkle of yeah, this isn't gonna work.
Speaker 1: This isn't gonna end well for you, mister. So she was just like pissed in that moment of I will not be ignored. You are not gonna dump me.
Speaker 4: Even though it makes sense that if he wants to save his marriage, he.
Speaker 3: Can't see her, the way she catches it is like that, oh, Michael, you needed to be the center of everyone's life.
Speaker 1: You think you can mess with my feelings as.
Speaker 3: Like suddenly became about her feelings because he's ready to, like, you know, grow up and deal with his marriage that he's just destroyed. I was willing to shed a few tears, but I draw the line of groveling, she says, wow.
Speaker 2: But also he did sort of woo her and all of a sudden, it's just a flipper switched.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, he went from hot to cold so fast, and I think she's confused, like she, well, wait a minute, this is our clear road and he's gone, so she is mad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they're both having sort of crazy reactions at different times.
Speaker 1: So like, yeah, exactly. Yeah. Well and they are on Melrose Place, so it all makes sense.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and it won't make it'll be something else next episode anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The last thing she says to him is I think you're threatened by anyone who is your equal, which is such an you know, an interesting thought for him. It's like, hmmm, does that are you saying that Jamee's not an equal?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah, she is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's so young, right, because he's older and she's older.
Speaker 1: Kimberly's older, so she was saying that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then we're back at Billy and Allison's apartment and Billy comes out of his bedroom, I think, in his boxers and he sees Alison. She's already out the door. She's leaving in another bright red suit. So there's drama coming. She'ves in a bright red suit. And Alison runs into Michael in front of the building in his car, in his car, looking tired, and he's he has decided that he's going to get Alison speak to Jane for him.
Speaker 1: Didn't that feel weird?
Speaker 3: Why he was waiting for Alison out there just to ask her, Hey, I can't go in there and talk to her.
Speaker 1: You got to do this for me. I know she'll listen to you, but it's people because she saw him.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but now Jane knows, so it doesn't matter. Is I feel like it's very Michael, you know, like, go talk to her. You know, you're just a pawn in my game, You're just a chess piece. It was very Michael, not not like a normal person.
Speaker 2: Just using people to get When he says, I almost threw it away for a couple hours of lust and Alison goes, what is it with men and lust?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that's hitting him? What is it with Alison and lust? But what is it? When is it?
Speaker 2: Alison could use a little more lusts my problem with Alison. But for some reason, Alison agrees to talk to Jane when she gets a chance. Maybe she just loves love her. Maybe she's trying to distract herself from her new relationship.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's because you said you said it earlier in another scene the last episode that they were the couple that kind of like was stable to you in your eyes, and you know what I mean, Like it was just like, Okay, I will you want that to be back together? You want to work out? That's all. That's a good point. That's very sweet that I was reading about them. That's a very side. Okay, I'll go with that. Okay.
Speaker 2: So now we're back in Joe's darkroom, and not surprisingly, Karen is standing way too close.
Speaker 1: She's always way too close. She's a close talker. She's a close talker.
Speaker 2: She leads with her breastsses and then she talks super close. So then she grabs Joe's Cameron starts taking her pictures, saying she could be a model.
Speaker 1: There's this flirty like so she grabs my camera and she's coming after me, Joe, and just like, don't. I'm not don't. It's super flirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was very flirty, and I remember this whole storyline and it was kind of interesting to me, but also like a little uncomfortable. But I like uncomfortable when I'm acting, you know, I like something new. But I do remember getting a lot of attention from the gay world, like, yeah, Joe loved the gays and gay women loved Joe.
Speaker 3: That's what I Yeah, sure, well it's a very sexy.
Speaker 1: And this is the episode where, yeah, it's a.
Speaker 3: Very sexy, like question mark moment, like is this going to happen? And it's you know, it's a very sexy way to do it. And Karen is obviously, you know, interested in Joe, and you see Joe's sort of flirting back in a friendship way at first, and then you know, in the later scenes which we'll get to. It's just I think it's easy to see why people go, oh, I want to see that. I kind of want to see that relationship, you know, And yeah, Joe has to make it.
Speaker 2: Sure if Karen wants it, We have no doubt about what wants because in every scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know that it was blocked so that they fall on the couch together and and there are they just two girls, Like can bond and talk like you can't with your boyfriend or is it becoming something more? All that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like more. And Karen invites Joe and Jake out for dinner.
Speaker 4: So walks in and Jake, of course, I mean, Jake is so good looking, it's obvious for someone like Karen that boy. Yeah, he's he's hot, and oh I like her too, Like to me, it's obvious.
Speaker 1: He walks in right then, doesn't he? No, not in this scene. They just decided to go out that night, just the two. Oh okay, okay he walks in another scene. Yeah, so they're all going to go out. They're going to invite Jake.
Speaker 2: You say, Jake doesn't really dance, but whatever, So all of a sudden, he's coming out on your girls' night and Karen clearly just wants everybody there all the time. So now we're back at D and D and Amanda is trying to talk to Alison but Alison is furious until she gets so excited she sees Billy walking. She goes Billy hi until he tells her that he's there to take Amanda, or she tells them that he's there to take her Amanda to that doctor.
Speaker 1: You had some great lines, Cory.
Speaker 4: You said things like, you know, I don't want to hear it, and I don't want to hear your business.
Speaker 1: It's none of my I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: You have to say, like three times right to Heather's face, I do not want to like you just or putting her in her place.
Speaker 1: You'd had enough, which I don't know. I just I got to see the future seasons of cause you're feud and you're dynamic with Amanda. Goes on for years, doesn't it. Yeah, And I got to see it.
Speaker 4: It's more even now boom boom, boom boom, and you were just like I've had it and you know you got the boy and even though she's tried to take them away again, but I liked it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just Amanda Amanda on you.
Speaker 3: And also Amanda is telling Allison in this scene that it wasn't something that she planned and it wasn't it didn't wasn't meant to be a trap, like she you know, she acknowledges that Allison might be feeling those things and says it's not and whether or not Allison wants.
Speaker 1: To believe that she's still like I don't. I don't even want to know. I don't want to But.
Speaker 3: It's it's the reality that Billy's come to step up and take her to the doctor.
Speaker 2: Is like, oh, and seriously, did he have couldn't they have met downstairs?
Speaker 3: Like isn't the couldn't they not on Melroy's place?
Speaker 1: You need to make it extra comfortable.
Speaker 2: But also isn't this something you should tell your partner, Like, by the way, I'm coming to take my ex school friend to the doctor for me.
Speaker 1: Just head, just want to go, heads up, I'm coming to come right up to your desk. I'm coming to your desk to take her. I have to see you though.
Speaker 2: For the record, I'm coming to see my ex girlfriend and take her to the doctor for pregnancy.
Speaker 4: It was like, yeah, you guys aren't communicating, and then also that Michael and Jane are trying to learn to communicate better in this episode too, Like y'all are just not two couples are just not communicating at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody's talking. It's so frustrating.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of bad communication, we cut right to the restaurant where Jane and Alison are at a table. Jane sare, Allison walks in. Jane is super happy, talking about how happy she is, how independent she is, and then Alison tells her, I asked you to lunch to talk to you about Michael, Like yeah, really, I'm just I would have been so mad if a friend ambushed me like.
Speaker 1: That, wouldn't you have been mad? Well?
Speaker 3: I didn't think her. I didn't think Allison's tone was ambushy. I think she was just like, I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Do what I said I would do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's not.
Speaker 1: You do what you need. But I just wanted to you know.
Speaker 3: You weren't doing anything like saying like like really should yeah, to cut her down or destroy her. You were more just saying, hey, is there anyway you know you guys, Michael wants Michael wants you to reconcile.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just a messenger, you know. Like, Well, but imagine this scene.
Speaker 2: So imagine your husband or boyfriend cheats on you and you get a call from one of your best friends saying I want to take you to lunch. You meet them for lunch, and you think, oh good, I'm going to get some emotion important. They say, listen, I'm here as a proxy for butt head.
Speaker 1: Yeah be mad. I that's so mad. Well, it depends on how you say it.
Speaker 3: She wasn't proxying as much as just saying, I'm a messenger for this information. Here's what I know to be true, and here's what he wants to reconcile.
Speaker 4: She's you can saying I want you guys to reconcile, and Mychael and I are working on it, and you know I'm in on it.
Speaker 1: She's just saying he asked me.
Speaker 4: In other words, it could be an expression of his desperation for her love, so to say, look, I'm just sharing you that he's You guys are.
Speaker 3: Super on Michael's side and he's a buttead. I think that's the part that was left out of the dialogue, is that butt heead wants to reconcent Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I exactly think that's what was missing.
Speaker 3: I could fix the line if we just did it that way.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't mention how adorable her crocheted sweater oversized crocheted, like handmade looking sweater was pink or mauve?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We cut immediately to a restaurant at night where Michael is waiting for Jane. Wasn't that like such a fast cut? You're good to me? Directly from lunch to dinner with Michael and he says, there's a table, She says, let's just walk. Michael immediately starts with this new personality we haven't seen, telling her that he loves her and misses her, and he asks her forgiveness and another chance. He's a new Michael, sweetened contrite. And what do you think of new Michael?
Speaker 1: Oh? I love him, but you know, I'm like a joy it because it ain't lasting. And I love new Jane too. I love Jane going.
Speaker 4: Like Jane, there's a counselor we can go to, and I'm gonna consider this, and I don't you know, She's just very like, don't get too comfy.
Speaker 1: With me talking to you anymore. We'll see. You know, you have to do this. You have to go to a counselor with me.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 1: So she brings it up to him I'm not sitting down with you. We're not gonna pretend everything's fine. We're gonna walk. I love that Jane too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and suggesting that they go to counseling, and she admits that she may never be able to forgive in the way that he wants to be forgiven. And you asked what I thought of Jane the new Michael.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I don't know if I'm just biased because.
Speaker 3: I know the Michael we're about to see is like, I don't know that I believe him, you know, I don't know that I trust him even when he's like, quit acting contrite and like, do I trust this contrite? I'm trying to be unbiased, but I might be biased too.
Speaker 1: I just like him in this moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such a complete turnaround so fast. He does a great job, like Thomas did a great job. But it's my head is spinning right from the change in person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he was so firmly entitled to his affair before. He didn't seem like he was a reluctant participant. He seemed like he was so all in, so to go from me back.
Speaker 2: Jane for so long, Yeah, trying he's shaving, she's trying to kiss him. He's turned her down for sex more times than they've had sex. Yeah, so the abrupt you're right, the abrupt extremes.
Speaker 1: I mean, who doesn't like it? Write boyfriend? Who doesn't like a guy coming up and going, what can I do anything? Okay, therapy, Okay, here, I'm taking you to dinner. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't have a problem with that. I think he's great, he's awesome. Maybe go do a little bad thing again so you can be like this. I think it's great.
Speaker 1: All right, you go ahead and trust him to have you. Go ahead. I trust him, I said, I liked him right now. Ahead.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of troubled relationships where no one's communicating, Luson is at the bar shooters, drinking of Martini. She's not happy with the Alice Billy walks up and Allison says, I assume from the long face that it's confirmed Alison is pregnant.
Speaker 1: And she's already drowning her sorrows in that Martine, And you have a great monologue here, great Molly, get up to leave. You look great with that Martini.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like you're growing up and you're being hardened, this hardened woman or something. But then you get up and you have this great monologue and I don't remember all the words except.
Speaker 1: That at the very end you say, we were so close. Yeah, Billy, we will.
Speaker 2: I kind of say a lot of very rude things that are none of my business about, but basically saying that that she should get an abortion, which is, yeah, Alison, that's not really your place to have a lot of opinions there. But she just look clearly she wants what she sees as a problem to go away, and she's mad, and she just sort of bidding.
Speaker 1: But I agree.
Speaker 2: There's that moment of vulnerability at the end where she says we were so close, and I.
Speaker 1: Think she just speaks for the whole audience and everything, because and you're so you say it's so honestly, and your eyes are watering, and we're like, yes, you are so close. I just thought it was great.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like one of these well, I you know that Melose has a lot of sort of defensive reactions to each other because we're all being screwed over one time or another. And then we I don't know, Joe walks out mad, Jake walks out mad.
Speaker 1: You know, you walk out mad. So I liked that it was just this vulnerable honesty that he has to deal with.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a sweet way to say it. Look they do like she does love him obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is then you.
Speaker 3: Know, the sort of the elephant in the room conversation. It isn't really her business, but she's asking anyway, you know, wondering if Allison, if Amanda even wants the baby, and then they're discussing the options that this might be an unwanted pregnancy.
Speaker 1: It's like making assumptions for Amanda that I don't know why you guys are saying it's not her business and she doesn't have can't have none of her business. I think it's totally her business. I think she totally has her right to.
Speaker 4: Say, you know, you need to take care of it, and Anna needs to take care of this unless you're going to go marry her, and you know we're involved now and you've been wanting this forever and now you have it, and you know, I have an opinion, I think she totally has a right.
Speaker 3: M Oh no, no, I don't think it is like to give to say, start speculating on Amanda's feelings, whether she wants the pregnancy or not, as like not there's to to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think her it would be Allison's place to say, Billy, where do you stand?
Speaker 1: Like, depending on what she chooses, right, where do you stand? That's right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she can have an opinion. And you know, listen here thirty years later, we're very objective and mature.
Speaker 1: And this and that and the other thing.
Speaker 4: But in that moment, if you're in your twenties, I mean, no one knows what she has a right to say, and she should say this and should say that. I think it's very I think it's anyway, it felt real. It felt normal to me.
Speaker 2: If it did feel real, she felt totally real. And she's upset and spouting off. I think it felt totally real.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. Yeah, poor baby.
Speaker 2: So then, annoyingly for me, we cut to the marine air where Billy and Amanda are walking and talking and by the way, looking gorgeous like a perfect It's like they look way too good together. That's super annoying.
Speaker 1: I mean, on the marina, right, is this in also a lovely on the docks just setting?
Speaker 2: And yeah, you know, Billy starts to tell her some of the options that Alison has mentioned, and Amanda says it's not a moral issue for her, but she's not open to abortion or adoption.
Speaker 1: She's very clear about it. She's going to have this baby. I know, I think so annoying. Yeah, and she says, I mean she she's really adding that they're both talking about themselves. No one's thinking about the baby, but they're both talking about themselves as if this is just a thing, and but it's really about us now, but it's going to be a human being in this world.
Speaker 2: Well, I think she's saying that. She says, I don't want you to abigate her a sacrifice. I think this is my responsibility. I never thought otherwise she's going to step up. Yeah, I think she's saying, I'm going to have this baby and take care of this baby.
Speaker 4: She says, because she has no idea that whether this child or not will want the biological father or the or any father figure. And she's just blatantly saying, like, whatever you decide to do.
Speaker 1: And I just felt like that was really irresponsible to have not even to have a discussion and just to That's why I think.
Speaker 2: She's defending right so she's afraid. She doesn't want to be vulnerable. She says to him, you're off the hook, Billy, go on into your life. You're romance with Alison.
Speaker 1: I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I think she's feeling on the outside. She doesn't want to ask. I think if she thought, like if she thought he would be with her, that would be a very different story. But she knows he's in love with Allison. So she's in a terrible position.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's saying, you know, I don't want these options. I'm not considering abortion and I'm not considering adoption. Those are not options for me. That's her, you know, she stated her feelings very clearly at the top of the scene, and so you know, right then it's like, okay, then we're talking about a different scenario where Billy's you know, and she says, I don't need any anything from you. I got this, and that that changes the scenario that Billy has to consider. You know, it's not it's it's no longer. She's been very clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once again, the child. No one cares about the child right now, Well, she cares about the child. She's sayings she wants to keep the child. I understand that, but my opinion is that they're being both. She's being self centered. She didn't have a discussion with him.
Speaker 4: He's the father, he's the biological father, and he doesn't say to her, listen, this is Melrose Place.
Speaker 1: So I don't know why we're getting all serious.
Speaker 4: About it, but but I do feel like Amanda should there a moment. There's just it's just such a moment. There's not even a moment of like what do you want or what you know?
Speaker 1: Nothing, It's all like what about she told him and I think about him.
Speaker 2: His reactions have been more about Allison, and I think she's feeling defensive and sad because let's get married and raised.
Speaker 4: This it's all written beautifully for Melrose's Place and the drama, but I just everyone's so self centered in the show.
Speaker 3: Well, and she also she also just sort of moves past and it's like, Okay, that's that, and oh, by the way, my dad's coming down with the boat and I'm going to tell my dad and.
Speaker 1: I know he's going to be disappointed, and that's going to be, you know, one of.
Speaker 3: The hardest parts. But don't worry, Billy, you're off the hook. I'll be fine, and she's like, I got this and I'm gonna, you know, take care of tell me to that too.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So now we're back in the therapist's office and it's with Jane and Michael. Did you guys notice I don't have you've ever done couples therapy? I have, but but Josie is so she's got her legs and arms crossed and she's holding a pillow like the body so perfect. I was like, she's been an uncomfortable couple therapy because I've hugged that same pillow turned away from my partner. Does not even remember that.
Speaker 1: Oh it was so that was so good.
Speaker 2: And she starts talking about She says, I've been so angry I can't talk to Mike and Hart to look at him.
Speaker 1: The therapist goes, okay, this is a good start. I was like, yeah, yeah, and time's up. Yeah, and that's all for today. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: But she does say that, you know, the living arrangements are up to you. You need to keep the lines of communication open, but the living arrangements, that's up for you guys to decide what to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wanted her to say take some space, which I think would be a lot healthier. I think a good therapist would say, like take thirty days, take a breath, figure out what you both want, take some time apart.
Speaker 1: But I guess we get them back in the same apartment.
Speaker 3: Maybe, No, we we only have one more episode less than this season, so we need we had to create.
Speaker 1: Some drama, that's all. Yeah, we did need.
Speaker 3: And then and Jane is already like even on the way out, she says she's willing to let Michael move back in but on the game, as long as he sleeps on the couch. And he's of course thrilled. So that like all happened very quickly, and that was obviously the point of the scene is to get him to be back on the couch by the end of the episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he goes, that's great, I'll cook, Like are we at cooking? What happened? Are we? A? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But he's acting like everything's fine. He gives her a big kiss on the cheek. He's thinking he's back in.
Speaker 1: Everything's fine, except so that when they leave, it's so funny. I wrote down his first line.
Speaker 4: She's like, well, I like her, and the woman wants them to come twice a week, and his first line is Jane says, I really like her.
Speaker 1: And then Michael goes, it's a long drive for two times a week, and I thought that too, likes hilarious. How's he going to do that? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just thought it was hilarious, Like y'all do anything anything, but you know, you know, it's always like the way, but.
Speaker 1: Give mean everything to me. Nothing else is important. But can we do once a week? It's gonna be a little bit someone who really wants to look at his part. I love that line. A long drive for twice a week. It was right. If it's anywhere near la Is, He's right it twice a week is a lot. That's a lot for couple's therapy. There was no zoom back, no zoom.
Speaker 3: They get a zoomed from him and him on the couch and heard that he could be at the hospital with kimberly looking right.
Speaker 1: On the corner, rubbing his hair as he talked, Oh my god, sharing a sandwich in that bunk like they usually do. And Jeane's like, are you alone over there? Oh my god. Hilarious.
Speaker 2: So now we're back in Joe's apartment and Joe is trying to get ready.
Speaker 1: This is when you.
Speaker 2: Have the skirt suit on. Like Alison had a red skirt suit and a long shirt. Now you have a black one, very elegant long skirt with a really fitted suit jacket, super elegant. And I'm ranting and talking and talking, talking about everybody told me, everybody told me to do it. And then Joe goes, why don't you just admit it, Alison, you're in love and I love my reading this and went no.
Speaker 4: But meanwhile Joe's like putting on makeup and getting dressed and grabbing your stuff. And I thought she was just a really lame friend with advice with with just general advice.
Speaker 1: It was really lame in this moment. I thought, did you feel that way? Did you? Guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was like being really situation yeah, not situation specific, it was just in general. Oh it just admitted you love him. Can we not talk about you anymore? It's sort of like a.
Speaker 1: Dismissive I have it. I might have a date with a model and my boyfriend, so you know, leave me alone and we'll get back to you.
Speaker 2: I've got a threesome. I've got to.
Speaker 3: Forget about your problems and they're partying problem.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was lame, because you know, Joe's been listening to this for a year.
Speaker 1: That's true. We're finally doing it, and you're like, you're in love. Stop it, you're in love. Talk to him.
Speaker 2: I think you're probably feeling like, talk to him, not me, right, It would have been a great line, but then we have to have all these miscommunications.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's what I felt like. And I thought you.
Speaker 2: Were going out for this weird evening with Jake and the hot model, which.
Speaker 3: She's very distracted by.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited by, super excited. Jake comes to the door annoyed, which is so funny.
Speaker 2: So last time he's trying to sneak a look at the naked half naked.
Speaker 1: Model in the pool.
Speaker 2: Right now, he's annoyed that they're going out with the hot model. He's kind of very confused about where he stands.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, Yeah, this is where he walks in and he's super cute. Joe's like dying to share him with this model, and that's the part I don't get.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, you know how every guy hates to share his girlfriend with a hot model.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, I would have be sharing him with anybody.
Speaker 4: These are not your typical what do they call it now when you have multiple people in the relationship polyamories, rupple polyamorous. They're not your basic polyamorous sort of type. We're all uncomfortable with them.
Speaker 2: Although he's confused because he was looking at her and you're all flirting and you're sitting with anyway, it's I'm very confused. There's a lot of mixed signals.
Speaker 1: This is the show. This is the episode of mixed signals. We're very confused.
Speaker 2: So Alison leaves after they take off, Alison leaves and she sees Billy on his way out.
Speaker 1: Of the apartment.
Speaker 2: They meet in the courtyard and again nobody's communicating, and he goes, I'm just going out for a bit, and there's this weird, awkward thing and you don't ask her Amanda situation, and he leaves without giving her a kiss.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they're comforted or telling her where anything. Yeah, it's so so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: So now we're at the we're at the nightclub and Karen, Jake, and Joe are sort of snuggled up on the railing and Karen is sexy dancing with dirty dancing.
Speaker 1: I guess we called it with some guy.
Speaker 2: By herself or some guy near people who knows it is actually with people, But she doesn't care who it is.
Speaker 1: She just goes. He just rubs up against whoever's there.
Speaker 2: She goes and takes Jake out for a dance, and they're dancing too sexy, and Joe's trying to keep an eye on them, and then she takes him to the side and kisses him and excuse me, he kisses.
Speaker 4: Her back back, yeah, with his hand around her head up against the wall and Joe.
Speaker 1: You see the shot of Joe trying. There's hands and bodies and you just see her like trying to see where trying to peek around and get a view of her. She can't see anything, but it's not that far away.
Speaker 3: It's just like around a corner or something. And she just grabs him, and Karen just grabs Jake and kisses him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But he kisses her back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He doesn't break away immediately, not only doesn't break away, like there's a super hot kiss between the two of them. And then she says, Joe won't mind. He goes, maybe I do, and it's like, well, apparently not because.
Speaker 3: Just after this one, then I mind, what was in the last episode.
Speaker 4: I saw you resisting her all over this damn place. I hand his hand around her head and you're like, yeah, I saw you not liking it at all, mister liar.
Speaker 3: But then he does like push her away and she's your way, goes to find Joe and say we're leaving, and Joe says, I'm not leaving my drunk friend.
Speaker 1: Right smart. I thought that was caring. So she stays behind like she hasn't kissed me yet, so I'm not leaving Jake. I'll let you know when I'm riking, not yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he leaves, like he leaves Joe there with Karen, which I thought was so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he made it more about it.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 3: He was more incensed that Karen tried to kiss him, like how dare she?
Speaker 1: And yeah, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Of here her back and then he storms off.
Speaker 1: Don't care what happens to Joe, but I'm out of here. But you know, they just the writers.
Speaker 4: We just needed now in the sexy environment, we need the two girls alone without yet.
Speaker 1: Around, so they are alone. Yeah on the sexy now they're alone.
Speaker 2: So now we cut to Amanda's apartment and Billy walks in, and I can't tell if Amanda is expecting and or not. She goes hello, Bill and he walks in and there's Amanda's dad, and Billy takes Amanda aside and says he wants to keep the pregnancy quiet until he knows where he stands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that he hasn't decided what to do, so let's not talk about this yet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was so mad for Allison. I'm super uncomfortable now. So now, Daphne, we're back in the club. Okay, So we're sitting on the sofa and hot.
Speaker 4: Karen Link keeps leaning in and talking about Jake or I don't even know what she's talking about. I'm just looking at my double chin going a bad position. Daphne's aniga, lift your chin up and stay in the profile, and she's comes in for the kiss, and then right as it happens, I remember doing this, I turn away and she says and Joe says, I'm sorry, it's.
Speaker 1: Just not me. I thought it was or could have been, but it's just not. And then Karen's like, well, you don't know unless you try it. She's like, no, I know anyway, So that's that moment.
Speaker 2: So do you think Joe was thinking maybe? Do you think that's why Joe stayed because she was thinking maybe?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess, but I didn't see it in my performance.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it either though the way you just said, I thought maybe it was me.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, maybe she stayed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, like if she thought that it was her, it wasn't apparent, like you know, the dialogue is, I thought maybe this was me, but like what you just wanted to get to that point, and then now that you are at that point, you're sure that it's not or whatever.
Speaker 1: But like nobody could see that you were really entertaining it necessarily.
Speaker 3: It was like it was all going over your head until the moment that it happened, and then then you're like, oh, no.
Speaker 1: That's not what I'm here for or whatever. And Yeah, in my memory of playing it, I thought Joe was interested and curious. But now that I see my performance, I'm like, you don't look interested, Like you don't look like it could be you. If she's very thin.
Speaker 2: I think you played that for the episode. Like I think there was a playing and the flirting and you're letting her get close.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was in the episode. It was definitely like, you know, two beautiful women.
Speaker 3: It was sexy and you're like, oh, is she gonna And I would not have been surprised if you had kissed her. I would not have been surprised if the character show had kissdur.
Speaker 1: In that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did, and so I certainly thought it could go that way. And what I also found interesting about the scene is like, you know how we have to shoot scenes and noisy dance clubs and we have to shout all our dialogue and or at.
Speaker 1: Least talking a loud voice.
Speaker 3: They asked us to you guys were it was so soft and intimate, and yet there's this in the background, Yeah, like loud dance music, and it was just a very intimate I.
Speaker 1: Know you have in the real life. He was like, I want to kiss you, now what I'm glad you guys learning. How do you know unless you.
Speaker 2: Try it and you know when you're doing it, they're not going to turn the music up high enough.
Speaker 1: You know when you're doing it, you're an idiot, exactly.
Speaker 2: It always that way. So now we're back in Billy and Allison's apartment. Allison is super sad on the couch and I don't know how she knows this, but she says, why couldn't you just tell me that you were going to her apartment? How does she know?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Does she follow him?
Speaker 3: Because she didn't have to find my friends?
Speaker 1: And so you're right, right, this is pretty snapyo. We know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how she knew, but she knows. And then Billy says, I didn't want to hurt you. But Allison is super upset, and she says, you feel obligated to refine, but what about me?
Speaker 1: You finally stand up for yourself that you have an investment in this we're upset. Yeah, yeah, just because you're not the pregnant one does not mean you are not equally invested in this whole debacle thing that happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's super upset, and then Billy says, finally, he says, can't you see that I hate myself for this whole pathetic mess.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean it has to change what's going on with you and me.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to lose you. And then Alison, damn it says it's too late.
Speaker 1: Billy, you already have.
Speaker 2: I was like, come on, like, there's no sense of them working through this together. Although I'm still mad at Billy for telling Amanda that he doesn't know where he stands yet, I just have.
Speaker 1: In my note no, yeah already. I like the last scene when you say we were so close, build on that, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So now we're on the street and Jake and Billy are walking and Billy is kind of too casual at this, but he mentions that a man is given him permission to walk away, and Jake says, he mentions that he has a son, and he gives him really good advice, which is, if you walk out of this now, you don't get a second chance.
Speaker 1: That kid is hers m.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you might raise your chance at all with the kid. Yeah, And that he didn't have a chance, he wasn't even told, he wasn't given the opportunity, and he doesn't want Billy to have the same missed opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're sort of out on Billy thinking about that, and then we're back in Jane and Michael's apartment. Jane says she's going to the Big Michael offers to go with her. To open the lines of communication. Then he gets a call from the hospital and Jane has a reaction going to the hospital. Of course she does, yeah, right, because that's just happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, PTSD exactly, that's what has PTSD.
Speaker 2: And he of course gaslights her and acts like she's crazy for suspecting her.
Speaker 1: And then didn't you have that moment of there he is there, He is right, Michael. Michael doesn't take much. No, it doesn't take much.
Speaker 3: And again Jane looks completely adorable getting ready for the beach and the cutest turquoise like sort of a wrap top with ruffles and it's cropped and you can see your cute little flat belly's and you're just like.
Speaker 4: She's getting ready for the beach. The last time we saw the beach, it was Michael and Kimberly and they were together.
Speaker 1: And all in love.
Speaker 4: Now we have the wife like going to the beach. She's gonna be all by herself, you know what I mean. It was so sad that this is just wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wants to get out, and so he blames her, and he says, you could at least make an effort, and she goes, you're the one who screwed up, not me, So just go to the hospital and leave me alone, and wrote, I love mad Jane.
Speaker 4: I love thank you, Melrose writers thank you, and she's saying all the right things.
Speaker 1: Oh yes.
Speaker 2: So they get to the hospital and Michael runs in and there's an emergency and Kimberly's putting on a cast and she has this little, perfectly placed spot of plaster on her beautiful skin setting a broken arm, and then he wipes her face gently.
Speaker 1: And now they're flirting again.
Speaker 2: Like the second Jane turns, he's Factor's old tricks. I'm telling you, this happens so fast in this episode.
Speaker 3: And it was like the putting the plaster on the patient's arm together, it was like a little bit of a ghost moment.
Speaker 1: Did you guys get that, Like the the you.
Speaker 3: Know, the their hands are in the plaster and whatever, and like that was enough for them.
Speaker 2: To like, I see you and like, well, I think it's really that Jane is standing up to him and he's like, might not be efforts and reality, yeah, Jane is stronger than he thought she was going to be. So we're back end Billy and Allison's apartment. Allison is tidying up and finds a piece of paper on Billy's floor, and it's the.
Speaker 1: Isn't that so cute? Should I read it to Alison? Yeah? Do you want me to read the poem? Because I thought it was so true? But don't you think it's interesting?
Speaker 4: She's cleaning his Billy's room, she was going to do his laundry.
Speaker 2: She's showing him she loves me like a mommy clean?
Speaker 1: Is the cute little poem that she finds? Alison?
Speaker 2: In my arms, asleep on my shoulder, endless night and dreaming, mourning dreams that come true, they really do come true. So now we're lying, isn't that so sweet? So she finds this so you know, clearly she's thinking, oh my gosh, we're in love. But then we cut to the damn Marina and Billy approaches Amanda at her father's boat and he tells her that he'll be there for her all the way through this thing.
Speaker 1: What is this? So? What does this mean? You guys? What is he saying? Don't know? Really, okay, don't know, but we're furious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that he doesn't want to be left out of it, and that he wants to be there for her, and and uh, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, based on Jake's talk.
Speaker 4: Jake's talk made him think, like, don't count me out, because then I won't ever get in.
Speaker 1: So he's like, I'm going to be in, right, But he still wants to be with Alison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, based on his own, you know, mixed up feelings and stuff, and that conversation probably triggered it that he wants to be there for And we don't know exactly what.
Speaker 1: That all means. But she's thrilled to hear him say that. She's so thrilled.
Speaker 2: She hugs him and she says, you're here now, that's all that matters.
Speaker 1: M m yeah, And then she says, get on the boat. He invites him to go on the boat, and I was dying.
Speaker 2: Luckily he doesn't go in great ending you is can be on the dock.
Speaker 1: And is super cute foot walks after the boat and she's pulling away. Yeah, I love the way that was shot.
Speaker 2: Great watching her pull away and all I can think about is poor Alison home with that poem, thinking it's gonna be okay, It's going to be okay.
Speaker 4: And meanwhile, and then he walks all the way to the end of the dock and he leans against that piling just that.
Speaker 1: Great look like yes, his jeans and T shirt.
Speaker 3: And we literally don't know until the last minute if he's just going to leap onto the boat, because they timed it so that the boat is parallel to the dock and he's walking with it, walking with it, and then the boat starts to go wing.
Speaker 1: There's still time he can jump on.
Speaker 3: And at the very last one that you see now the boat has pulled away and he's chosen.
Speaker 1: It's the right thing, so perfect, So Alison doesn't have to worry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's there, he's watching her, And all we can think about is for all we all of us, everybody, not just me, can think about it, poor Alison and everybody.
Speaker 3: And we still have one more episode to find out.
Speaker 1: It wasn't it hard to stop this time? It was still hard to stop. But I'm excited.
Speaker 3: We have a season finale as our last recap. But of course on Melrose minutes and thanks everybody for.
Speaker 1: Listening, Thanks everybody.
Speaker 3: And subscribing him downloading to come back and from my life.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, I can't wait to see you guys soon. Yay, I see you guys soon. Bye. Everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah,