Speaker 1: On today's episode of Tickets of the Draft podcast, presented by Sea Geek, we talked draft strategies and what makes a good comp We go deep fred Es deep on the quarterback talk. That's like twenty minutes of conversation. Love that we got a mock draft draft battle, which we love. We talked about the first three picks, Fred smoot Zach Selby in the house. It all starts right out. Welcome to the Ticket of the Draft podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with just a guy, Jason, Jesu, zach A Selby and Fretz who.
Speaker 2: We got a big cast today.
Speaker 1: Man, it's really really exciting and just reminder tick too. A draft is presented by Seakeeek, the official primary ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders, and Jason. We got a really fun show today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This is actually Selby's idea.
Speaker 2: Selby, Yeah, yeah, the brain trust, I big idea.
Speaker 4: You want to explain what's going on? This is yours. I don't want to take your thunder.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I was just thinking, like everyone know these pffraft simulators all the time, right, So I was like, you know, what what if we all did we all know, you know drafts, draft guys. We know all these prospects, so why don't see who has the best draft? Because we all like competition? Right Yeah, now as good as logan is. I mean, friend, now you know we're going to put our differences inside, yes for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yes, put together baking differences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, making differences.
Speaker 3: It's competition.
Speaker 1: But I think I'm going to say this too. I think people are sleeping on just the guy Jason over here at his evaluation because I was I tell you this. I didn't tell you that story. I will say for the podcast. And I was out doing something el coach in high school football when high school coaches came up to me and said, Hey, who's just a guy Jason? He's really smart? Is he like a scout? And I was like, no, he's the producer.
Speaker 2: But obviously takes are being well received somebody.
Speaker 3: They might have shout out.
Speaker 2: To coach bar shout out to coach Barb.
Speaker 5: That's just when you put a microphone or a camera in front of somebody and they speak confidently, people tend to believe it, right. So that's all I'm trying to do.
Speaker 2: Speak comics all the sense of the world. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I would say my evaluations are pretty surface level. But I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, coach, what's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But yeah.
Speaker 1: So so basically we're drafting the first two rounds for the Commanders, yes, which.
Speaker 5: Is three total pigs, yeah, number two, thirty six forty. Uh, there's four of us here, but we're gonna do it as teams. Fred and Selby and Logan and I and uh yeah, I think those are pretty dynamic.
Speaker 6: Maybe when you need hip you go O is so you go smooth at Yale. This is what we do right now you need him?
Speaker 3: Yeah s O s O.
Speaker 1: You said you need to smoot and Selby doesn't A.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's basically yeah, it's it's speil German with an O A.
Speaker 2: There's with a lot. Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We could have put Fred and Logan on the same team. We got to keep that competition going. And because Logan and I have been doing this podcast already together, it made sense.
Speaker 2: Restaurant peered in.
Speaker 5: So you guys are kind of a power house because Logan's going to do most of the heavy lifting on this end.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 5: But before we begin, before we begin this draft, to see how the Commanders what we.
Speaker 4: Could end up with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we should talk about draft strategies because the point of this exercise is to show how diverse these picks can be depending on who's making the pick, what the dynamic is in the room, what your draft strategy is going in. So let's talk about that for you guys. Yeah, what's your draft strategy for today?
Speaker 6: Well, I think you got two options. You eat the best player available type?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: Are you a field necessity type? Dude? Do we feel spots? I think me and Salem be one of those people. We see holes and we want to feel ectly that's how you feel.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh? Yeah, I mean you look at this team. There's a lot of different holes that could fill. Yeah, there's also some really dynamic players. So it kind of works out a little bit where you have the best player available at the positions of need. Yeah, I think it really works out because it's like there's a lot of really good players, especially in the top part of this draft.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm also one to know people.
Speaker 6: When I look at a roster, I ask myself what room do I want to add youth to because I can't feel every position with youth. Right, So at the end, of the day, I say, who needs a youth infusion?
Speaker 3: And I think we.
Speaker 6: Got like four or five spots, especially on offense, they probably need that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean so that when I hear best player available, I get I like cringe a little bit, you know what I'm saying, as I just maybe because friend said it, I don't know. So what I mean by that is like, best player available is a really interesting idea because you got best player available in terms of fit, and like you said, we need to fill needs. You should never fill a need in the draft. That's just my personal opinion. Right, free agencies coming up, we should fill the needs there, and then we can make sure we get guys that again we think are best player available air quotes there and that fit the team culture, right, because best player available for me and my team and dan Quinn's culture here is going to be different than what it is for Dallas, right, and what we can accommodate when within each and every room. So we're doing this off of like talent and film study. But really I think the secret sauce is the secret magic sauce for these evaluations comes in the meeting and like, hey, I've worked with player X right. I think he's a great guy. I could coach him. I believe in him, and that motivates me as a coach to invest more time in him and make sure I see that development, because I think that's the other thing. Is as good as some of these guys are, there's very few guys that are like plug and play day one talents.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's all a projection. So it's like, what is the most favoral projection I would say in terms of best player available? This is the language I would use, what is the best projection to the team based on the infrastructure of the environment we have, Because it is it's all projections. Outside of like Joe Wall, Marvin Harrison Junior, everybody's projecting big time to the NFL level. And I think that's what people need to understand about this process is like, that's why the draft, in my opinion, is such a crapshoot, because people forget that it's not a one to one, it's like a ten to one. You honestly, it's just a different football game. The college game is the NFL. So our goal here on this side is to find what we feel is the best fit from a cultural mindset, standpoint and make sure that player is insulated and grows within the culture here.
Speaker 6: See, that's why I love having the Shelby's analytics. You know. The thing that we do over here is we understand there's going to be things that we can't control in the draft, and it's gonna be two or three players that dry that drop that we don't think that's gonna drop that we're gonna say, you know what we might come past.
Speaker 2: And that's why I'll spent hours put in not a big board, but a mini board. Mini people.
Speaker 1: How many people on your mini board?
Speaker 2: Oh, let's see, so I got that one?
Speaker 1: Fifteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, okay, yeah, yeah, all right, that's fair enough. That's fair enough.
Speaker 5: So I have a question about who cares? I have a question bounced off and bouncing off of that, I'll open it up to everybody. So when they when people say best player available, right, as a fan, when I sit back, the Ravens were always tied to that, Oh, they always take the best player available. And to me it was like, well, that means it doesn't matter if they already have five matter, they're taking one, right, But they didn't really always do That's how they go back and look at how it is carshing is what does best player available mean?
Speaker 4: Does that mean the best.
Speaker 3: Player in I was there for the best player available?
Speaker 6: Okay, I was slotted for the mid first round to write it top to the ten, and I dropped.
Speaker 3: I dropped twenty picks.
Speaker 6: And now a team like Washington that had Dion sanders Dale Green and Champ Bailey says, no, we're gonna get the best player available. Hints didn't think he was gonna dropped. Sometimes they say, all right, I gotta pull a trigger on this when I can't, Like like Logan said, Jiff Cuby, draft the player of the phill a gap don't mean he gonna fill a gap.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what sometimes.
Speaker 6: Forced people to say, you know what, let me scratch this out of my board, let me go get this guy while I got a chance to get him, because I don't know if I can find this talent anywhere else in the draft.
Speaker 1: Well. I think a really good example is like the Kyle Hamilton thing from a couple of years ago. Purfect, like he's you know what, we were supposed to go top ten, potentially to sixteen. But I do think the interesting thing about that that specific situation is people are like, oh, we should have taken Kyle Hamilton. Is I don't know if he's the best player available for Washington because I'm not sure they had a very clear vision of how to use them right. You know, he's a guy that played post safety in college what was obviously going to be more of a box player in the NFL. And so we had a guy here already in cam Throll that was a box player that were really happy with, right, So how did we see that role? And so I think what Baltimore did a good job of was saying, this is the best player available, but we have a vision for how to use this guy, right. And it's I think that's the thing that people forget. It's not they they draft good football players that are tough and physical. I think that's something people forget about in the evaluation. Everyone sees like these high flying one handed interceptions or like the beautiful pass set from the right side three. They see that stuff, right, but it's really, are you tough? Are you motivated to get better? Because those things are awesome? And then talent, and then do we have as an organization a vision for the direction you're going and so I think that's when I see Baltimore. I don't think they're necessarily taking the best player available. I think they're taking talented players, but they have a very clear vision for that player. And you look at teams that draft well like I think another great example is the San Francisco. It's awesome because I Peters this year, right, they drafted George Kittle, and I remember talking to guys about George and they were saying, oh, I have him as a full back. I have him, you know, I don't think he's gonna make it especial teams guy. And I remember watching his film, like after he got drafted to San franz I was like, he's gonna be awesome in this offense because he does what they do in this offense really well. Can run routes, and he's good at like shouldering through contact and getting getting open in the seam. And it wasn't like he could run every route, but he was good at that stuff. And I think that's where people forget. It's like, what is maybe best player available for me and this team and this organization. And I think that's where it gets a little bit money, because you know, people say Oh, well, you reached on that guy or this guy fell Maybe that wasn't the right fit for that specific team.
Speaker 6: But if you get who you like, I don't think you ever reached because I know, but.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. It's like because if you have it, if you get who you like and you have a vision for that, that's the thing. If you have a vision for that player, right, Zach, Yeah, then you're you're right in the right money, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, in plus on top of Lley, how many times has been the best player available quote unquote been drafted by a team who doesn't have the right vision. Of a sudden they become a like a quote unquote bus because I really workout and then coaching staffs get overturned. Stuff like that happens all the time. So that's why it's just important. Even though it is a crapshoot. Thwarton had come in there with as much information as you possibly can to make the right decision for you.
Speaker 5: Sooby, let me ask you another layer to that. Does position value like a quarterback and what you're saving in money as a rookie matter to best player available?
Speaker 4: Does that tie into that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it does, especially whenever you need a quarterback. That definitely helps out right, because I've always heard that if you if you whenever you draft quarterback, you have to resetting your franchise five years at least that's what you want, right, I mean, so financial or financially, yeah, for sure. I mean and especially considered how quarterbacks are being paid these days. I mean they're getting paid fifty sixty million dollars against the cab, Like that's that's a significant amount of investing you're putting in one guy because they can they can change the game so much. So yeah, like best play available a quarterback, Like you need to find a guy like that. And luckily Washington is in a good position where they either they have two or three guys they could easily say this could be a franchise guy if we've developed in the right way.
Speaker 1: I think now it's it's quarterback, but it's also other positions of value. And I think it's you know, PFF for an analyticsis in general, but I think it's like you look at quarterback, you look at receiver, you look at offensive linemen and don't I don't think it's a coincidence. Read You've talked about this a bunch off air off camera like that, there's going to be probably about eight to nine offensive linemen in the first round. There's probably going to be six or seven receivers in the first round. And then who are the other guys defensive backs and pass rushing rush and those are the guys that, again, are the value adds to your team. Like, I know there's a lot of people saying that A and M linebacker might go in the first round, Cooper, but when you look at the history of linebacker, if you get an elite linebacker, it's.
Speaker 2: A value add to your roster.
Speaker 1: But if it's a developmental guy like Selby said, right, that's five years of developing a guy to get him to a point where another team can pay him, he'd be good for that team. Yeah. Right, So it's about these these players that can add value immediately each to your team. Like there was a reason guards don't go in the first round or centers to be lower value, right because based on the numbers analytically, they don't support in increased wins.
Speaker 2: I guess is why I.
Speaker 6: Can take a less of tackle and make him a guard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And I think that's that's the thing about that. What you're talking about position value is like I think you'll see, you're seeing it more and more each year. Receivers getting pushed up, quarterbacks obviously every single year, but offensive linemen and edge rushers are the guys where there's a ton of ton of value to those positions.
Speaker 6: And he go, think about it, thirty two players taking in the first round. I hate to see it, but it's such a reality. Fifty percent of these guys might not paying out. And I'm sorry, I know everybody think that that first thirty two is where the magic happens at. I think I give all the draft gurrules props for finding the second round, third round, fourth round, fifth round talents.
Speaker 2: The NFB value really comes into play.
Speaker 3: And this this when I think you get the meat of your team.
Speaker 6: Most seventy percent of eight of the NFL is none drafted seven round and six rounds that make up the roster. Because think about this, if you port it at first thirty two, you only got showed so long to show me that you.
Speaker 2: Big big point is guys like John Bates right and do anything flashy, But I think rosters need a guy like John Bates who doesn't do anything exactly. No, absolutely, you got Cannis Street builders.
Speaker 5: All right, A real quick exercise before we begin. Just give me a name. Who is the best player in the draft.
Speaker 6: They're saying a lot, uh you first, Yeah, Marvin Harrison Jr.
Speaker 3: Caleb Williams, Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: And so for me, this is this is how I would value this. And again this is where like a big board is different than like a draft board. Obviously, on my draft board, Caleb Williams is the best player because he's the most value, right, But in terms of projection, easiest projection in the NFL, A guy that just you know, you look at Marthis Harrison Jr. His release package is excellent, his contested catchability is excellent, his ability to run the whole routter received. He's got the he's got the blood line. So we talked about project The projection for him is like stepping off a curb un failure. Yeah, it's it's I don't want to say it's not fair, because there is like I could trip on the curb and fall in the street.
Speaker 3: But as much guaranteed a scene.
Speaker 1: So that's why he is he's the he's the best player because the projections the shortest, right, And obviously Caleb Williams is the guy you're going to take first overall if you're Chicago or whoever, right, whatever that looks like. But that's what I'm saying is guys like that, Guys like Joe Walt is another guy. The projection is stepping off a curb, right, Whereas a guy like I know Malik Dagbors is his ceiling is way higher, maybe than even.
Speaker 3: You don't feel like it's a true guarantee.
Speaker 1: He's not a guarantee the same way those other two guys.
Speaker 6: But I feel like Rome, he is go to the thing that makes me not peak. Harrison is the best player because I don't see the gamp.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about this too, but so because for me, the gap is the speed. I think. I think you're I think I agree. Rome is excellent. Roman Dunze the receiver from you do right, He's excellent. He's an excellent football player. But I see with Harrison, I think he's gonna run well, I think he's gonna jump well. I think physically everything's gonna be there. With Rome, I just want to do I want to know he runs a four to four because right now, if he runs a four to five high four five, I'm like.
Speaker 3: It's gonna push him out of the top team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're like, what is he really because contested, all that stuff you're talking about is there. But I want to see you. I got to see him run with Harrison, I have no question about it. And so that's why he's to me the best player in the truck.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 6: I always say, if they ever compare you to a great I'm probably gonna trust you. And all I've heard with Kayley Williams is he's very Patrick Mahomes. Like, if I have a chance to ever draft of Patrick Mahomes, I can't grate Nobody hire you.
Speaker 2: That step off into the curve is a lot of people feel the same way Williams, like he can turn your franchise around in year one. Yeah, he's got straight, He's got a lot of room to grow.
Speaker 6: For sure, He's by five not a perfect product, but the silly and what.
Speaker 3: He could be.
Speaker 2: Example, Houston Texans, a lot of people consider them to have the worst roster in the NFL. They drafted Distroud. All of a sudden, they're one of the surprise teams in the NFL.
Speaker 6: And also draft Willi Anderson is a p Yeah, and they'll have to kill the draft rookie do a Rookie of the Year, and they tell you how guys can affect you. We said positional value quarterback, pass rushing to the heighest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But again to the Keleb Williams point, like the ceiling is high, right, It's like when I'm walking across the street and I'm getting in like a lambo. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's it's the ceiling.
Speaker 3: Is stay walking across the street if it's very.
Speaker 1: Very high though, you know what I'm saying. But also like I got to walk through four lanes of traffic to get there.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, the limbo don't help you in the snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 5: The comparisons of Caleb Williams and Patrick Mahomes are scary. Why because what if he's not Patrick.
Speaker 6: No, he's Caleb Williams. They saying that he's Patrick Mahome. This is what they say it he throws with a baseball like control of the football. If you see the way he flicks his wrists, the way he throws across his body, the way he do these things.
Speaker 3: Patrick throws the football like a baseball.
Speaker 4: So you're talking about the traits not.
Speaker 6: Necessarily, No, no, not that he has these traits. And that's why when I when I see Drake May and I brought up who I think he is, and some guys don't agree. I think he has little those guys in him, and these are not saying this is defining trait. He has some traits that I seen from them. Could think about this. When the Bills drafted Josh Allen years ago and his first year, nobody thought Josh Allen was gonna turn to Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: They knew he needed work.
Speaker 6: Now, the thing about it is do you have a coaching staff to nurture and bring him to where he needs to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's interesting that Josh Allen think the same thing with Kele Williams too. I think that they're both relevant here and even Jade Daniels to a certain extent is Josh Allen has ruined quarterback evaluation in my opinion, because he was such a projection. He was a trades guy that projected really well to the NFL, and most times those trades guys they don't develop. You know, It's like how many guys have big armed him run but they never lost, don't develop like that, yes, right, you know. And so these traits, these qualities have made people go, well, Caleb Williams is gonna he'll develop in three years. But like if you look at the history of the NFL, that doesn't always happen.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, they a numbers.
Speaker 6: Stay one out of these three quarterbacks are not gonna be good, and one of them might be okay, one of them might be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, And even if Caleb Williams is not in the homes like Mahomes is an inevitable force, he's alien. Even if he's the little short, that's still pretty dang good.
Speaker 6: And don't forget a lot of people passed on Pat Mahomes. They're just understand that, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: The Trubisky draft.
Speaker 3: Yes it was. So they had been a guy that had a better grade than Patrick.
Speaker 1: But I think going back to Patrick and watching him, like, there's a lot of stuff that make you go, I don't know if that works at this level, you know, I don't know if that And I think, like when you talk to NFL gms, and scouts. One of the things they consistently say about Caleb is like, can he play in schedule? Can he do anything in schedule? And the history of a quarterback who can't do stuff on schedule and in rhythm of being successful is very, very low.
Speaker 6: Like I would read, they have to teach you to throw our own schedule then to try to give you a trait that you can't you have to be born with with throwing off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you, but what But I would push back and say, like, so much of offensive football needs to be on schedule. You're thrown in a tight windows. So if my default setting is I pull the ball down and try to make a play, like think about Russell Wilson, how that offense is always a little bit more. But Russell or like Zach Wilson, was a guy that was off schedule all the time in college.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying they're.
Speaker 3: The same hands coming out of you right now, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just this is this is this is the counter to Caleb, right, this is why this is why he's not, this is why he's not Trevor Lawrence, in my opinion, is because that feature of his game. Every person you talk to that comes up. First thing out of their mouth is like, he's talented, but can he can he play on schedule? And so again like the talent is there, but he is more of a projection than I think people want to acknowledge, especially after watching this last year.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I can say this, I just watched the Super Bowl and I both guys know, and I give brock Purty his props. He's one of the most own scheduled quarterbacks in the league right now.
Speaker 3: He's own schedule.
Speaker 1: But to your point, though, he alli a lot of those third down plays is off schedule. Yeah, so I'm not saying you don't need that, but you need both as well.
Speaker 6: That's what I was bringing up is I just watched his own scheduled guy have a great Super Bowl, but I watched the off schedule guy.
Speaker 3: Beat him with instinct and game ability.
Speaker 6: And I'm hoping this is the thing that us as ex football players see this couch don't see. We can see the stuff that says, you know what, this is kind of an orthodox but uh, it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna gets It's amazing. But again, like it is something you worry about because like people who I look at like Bryce Young for example.
Speaker 2: It's a great example.
Speaker 1: Like at Alabama, he's this great creative nuance, you know what I mean, He's got this point guard. I love that description of him. And then he gets the league and the windows are a little bit tighter. He's holding the football little bit longer, gets sacked a whole bunch. Does Caleb do the same thing? Does he just because he doesn't see it right now? Does he pull the ball down? And do we get sacks? Force fumbles because he you know, people don't talk about that either. Thirteen fumbles last year. Thirteen fumbles last year because he's running aund unaware where the rush is at. So that's a lot about Caleb Williams. But that's to me where where it's like he's not the best player. He's not the best player in the draft because it's it's a long road to get and if the projection hits, yeah, you're really stoked.
Speaker 4: But well, let's do this.
Speaker 5: Let's see if Caleb Williams goes number one overall, we don't even have to talk about him anymore here in our draft.
Speaker 4: So we're going to.
Speaker 5: Start the PFF mock Draft simulator. Yere Fred and Selby, You guys can pick first and then we'll pick.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, or you're leting us pick first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll let you pick first.
Speaker 2: Gave him out, just disappeared. What's really small and glasses?
Speaker 3: Listen small miles. They eat cheese too.
Speaker 5: Of course, watch watch the simulator take Drake mag now took Caleb Williams. Sorry, so Washington's on the clock. Caleb Williams is off, Fred and Selby talk us through.
Speaker 4: What do you guys say?
Speaker 2: This was the first thing we really debated.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Wait the second would have.
Speaker 2: Thought that, yeah, that's either going to be It would either be Drake May or Jane Daniels. Yeah, I'll admit I was. I liked a lot of the skill sets that Jaydon Daniels has. Ye brings up that improvisation that I bringed up with that brother he did. But we kind of agreed that we think that Drake May could project him to be something better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially when it comes to a couple of things cold weather, his height, of his ability to throw across the middle.
Speaker 3: Gotta throw across the middle wing in the league.
Speaker 6: Yes, he has some stuff to clean up, mainly about his feet and his technique. But I just think when I look at him and Jade and Daniels for all the great things he did, and James Daniels is the best deep through in this dref. I just think you have to have more nuance at the quarterback position, and I thought Drake May could bring those nuances and not exciting for who is gonna be today he makes it here, but who he's going to be in the future.
Speaker 3: I think my ceiling.
Speaker 6: And I know most people say that Jay and Dane Seeley might be a little bit more because he's a faster. I just think it's a complete player. I get more with Drake May than I do Jay and Dad.
Speaker 2: And the film. The film I think is better last year than it is this year. But it's not like this year's film was bad, right.
Speaker 6: I do want to see I want to see quarterbacks go through adversity. I don't want to see just your good times. I want to see what happens when you have no weapons and when it's just you.
Speaker 2: You talk about exposed to plays with the something Washington needs. Third best passer on passes of twenty plus yards, he had thirty two big time plays, only three turnover plays, turn ever worthy plays, and you didn't do that well under pressure, but I think generally overall he does. He does have more consistent play us. On top of that, he talked about like, you know, you mentioned off air that he has a lot of you know, you think he's faster most people think. But here's what here's what I think. I don't think he's gonna be able to do that much in the NFL. Is kind of Brice Young, like he's not gonna be able to do the winners are hired a lot of stuff. I don't think he's gonna be able to do a lot of stuff and gets more physical players, but he has the pocket ability that he can rely on as he can kind of add that a wrinkle to his game because his eyes are always forward, even when he scrambled around the pocket, He's always looking to try to make better plays downfield. And I think that's something that I think Jye Daniels. I think he's explosive, think he has a lot of ability. I don't know if he has that ability quite just yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, most definitely. I totally agree with you now, and I comfort him. We had a hybrid between Josh Allen and Justin Herbert.
Speaker 1: That's where the compsole idea man, that's where the compsole just.
Speaker 3: Straight caking a cup cake and a blue bear the same thing.
Speaker 1: That's where a cop like because like I've heard a comp of Sam Howe. I've heard people say, oh he's he's a bigger Sam Howe, and so does that that changes the color.
Speaker 2: Sam don't make but don't make me in the same offense.
Speaker 1: But that's what I mean. But I think when you when you go watch him, you're like when I go back in my notes and I'm saying, oh, he's not very accurate, he's not good against pressure, you know, like there's some mechanics issues, there's some timing issues, and I go like, what did I write for Sam how And it's like, oh, you know, he's not very good against pressure. His accuracy is a little bit, you know, like it's the same.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's coaching problems, not plea of problems.
Speaker 2: Is it.
Speaker 1: Because again, we saw some of those same issues here with Sam this year. So I'm not saying I think this is this is gonna sound like I'm hate on Drake Man, but you are you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When you know what I'm saying in the comp, the comp, the comple mess you up.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: That's why when I see a comp that's bad or off comp, because I think when you say I think, I think he's Justin Herbert and a mixture of Josh Allen, two of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I'm talking traits. I'm not talking about I don't think it's arguing a bit. Listen, his arm is.
Speaker 3: Better than you think it is. He's a better athlete, so you want him to run.
Speaker 6: You want to see him run in his tight in Indianapolis before.
Speaker 3: It's brought.
Speaker 2: I saw a little bit of Jared Goff. I think that's I think that's a better coll He can be the same thing. He's a better No.
Speaker 6: I like Jared Golf. He's riding a danger field of quarterbacks. They give him no respect. I love Jared Golf. I see some different than Drake Man. You know I wasn't on Drake Maye.
Speaker 1: Like this is going to sound like this, don't sound like I don't like Drake Maybe this is my like, well, actually, like I think he's a good college football player. But it's not like Drake may is like an easier projection based on his twenty twenty three film Than jayde and Daniels. You know what I'm saying, And this is a conversation that happened the end of.
Speaker 3: Jared Goff did go number one? If y'all didn't know.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't.
Speaker 1: But like that, I agree with that. There's some issues to Jared Golf's game when he was in college, right, but he's got a big arm, and he's got that that kind of statuesque ability and he developed you, he developed over his over his time in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Look.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to push back when you I know we're on the same team little bit because we've had this conversation off air a lot because you struggle with comps.
Speaker 1: I don't like that comp though, and.
Speaker 3: He don't know comps.
Speaker 5: The reason the reason you struggle with comps is because you sometimes and it's not wrong, but you sometimes say, oh, well he's not going to be that person. Well, comps are not supposed to be he's going to have the success that this No for this standard person who isn't watching film gets a general understanding of their body type.
Speaker 1: Say this though his arm made, his arm is not as good as either one of the players you just mentioned, like that's a fact.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I'll tell you this about Jay Danny. He throws the bis deep ball, but he does not wil across the middles, and he does not the whale I's had to know.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree. I'm not saying that he does.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying about two spots.
Speaker 1: But what I am saying is that when you make a comp of Josh Allen, what's the trait that Josh Allen has well.
Speaker 6: Josh Allen came his lead Wolly, inconsistent with everything Wiley, and consistent with everything.
Speaker 1: He had a Holitzer for an arm Justin Herbert, one of the sickest arms in the NFL. His Drake May's arm, while good, is not that good. That's why I like the Jared Golf comp a little bit better. It's he's got talent.
Speaker 5: So so then the comp is what Fred said, if he didn't do as many push ups right Like, It's like.
Speaker 1: Fred said, we're mixing them together. We got two cupcakes.
Speaker 4: Nuce to it for you to feel good.
Speaker 3: And we both said he's more athletic than Jered Golf. Could you give him?
Speaker 6: I would say, all right, all right, So now he's a running Jared Golf, which I mean a more athletic Jared.
Speaker 3: Logan's happy.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, like, that's where a comple lie to you. Like if I come into the draft room and I say he's he's he's Justin Herbert, I'm like, well, shoot, man, Justin Herbert went top five and that it paints a picture. I think it is somewhat an acturate but did not believe.
Speaker 4: But you're not doing that in the draft room.
Speaker 2: Yet they do this, They do do it.
Speaker 5: I understand. I understand their comps are going to be I would say a little more nuanced and deeper than what we're trying to do as the media, just because we're not expecting that a just a guy. Jason on the other end, has watched all this film just give me a name.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like two artists looking at a similar picture. Be someone could be like, oh, well this one has more details.
Speaker 3: This is Yeah, you're not wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To paint a picture for the fans too, because I think I think people throw that Herbert cop out all the time.
Speaker 2: He wears number ten, he's big. They look very similar.
Speaker 3: I wasn't thinking about.
Speaker 1: But but like, but what I'm saying is like, it's it's different.
Speaker 6: It's not quite the reason not through to Justin Herbert out there, because I watched Justin herb would come out of college and get picked apart because he was a part of a running offense and he was not challenged to push the ball down the field. But when he were, when he did throw the ball down, feel it was very impressive.
Speaker 3: So I can only take what you give me the show.
Speaker 6: And when he came out, I remember saying it, I like, I love Chase. He was like hard not to look at him physically and say I want one of those. But I was like, I might take Justin Herbert. I said it many times and people shot me down. He shot me down. They were like, he's he's raw. I was like, well, a lot of us make it here, Wrang. That don't mean I can't get to where you want me to get to. And that's what I'm saying about Drake May. Yes, he is flawed. Every every player in this draft besides Marvin Harrison's drawed it flawed in some kind of way.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think that's that's good.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of Marvin Harrison, I'm not saying we're gonna drift at number two. Now, that's we're on the clock.
Speaker 3: I've been on the call like seven receivers over there.
Speaker 5: But for the for the guys that said they're taking the best player available, they passed over Marvin Harrison Junior left them for us. So if we're Washington at number too, are we taking Marvin Rrison Junior?
Speaker 4: Or do we have to take a quarterback?
Speaker 1: See, this is this is where I think it gets a little bit weird. This is where best player available I think is a little bit of a lie because like, yes, he's the best player available, but like in terms of us, yeah, this is the best player for us? Yes, right, I think that's the question is like probably not for the.
Speaker 3: Washington It's like marriage.
Speaker 6: Ansome guy in the world. Don't mean you the best mate.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. You've experienced that.
Speaker 6: Yes, I I'm hope for one, but I'm not a quitter.
Speaker 3: I'd be up and.
Speaker 2: Nixt year.
Speaker 3: Number two.
Speaker 2: I like that shirt.
Speaker 6: By the way, Thank you so rich.
Speaker 4: So what do you think, Logan, I'm thinking we have to take Daniels here.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 1: And I like Daniels, and again like I like Drake May, I have my reservations about him. I have my reservations about Jane Daniels. I think the thing I come back to is I think the lottery ticket it's got a bigger payout for Jayde and Daniels.
Speaker 4: And I think that's the thing I lower floor, higher feeling.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that's a good think about it. Like with Jane Daniels, like the running a bill. So when you watch Jane Daniels, he's very accurate.
Speaker 2: He can.
Speaker 1: I think he can make all the throws he's throwing. The two absolute dogs like Sleep Davers is a dog first round both first round Ryan Thomas, first round receiver.
Speaker 2: He's awesome.
Speaker 3: SI think he I think he can have a high sealing mileigue neighbors in league.
Speaker 1: Both those guys are super impressive. But the deep ball accuracy is great. The tight win he threw a lot in the tight windows, which I respect. I like to see quarterbacks not turning down tight window stuff in the CC. In the SEC. You know, he played great against Alabama, great against Florida when his team needed him to make plays, like against Missouri they were down twenty eight to three, and he came back and they ended up winning that game, and he just carried them through that process and I and again he won the Heisman this year. He's the best player in college football. And there's things about his game I don't like. So he turned stuff down in favor of scrambling, which he won't be able to do in the NFL. We gotta get We got to learn that through, you know what I'm saying. Just like there's some stuff with Drake May. But I just think that lottery ticket is so high. It's like the payout could be huge. Because I think I see a lot of a lot of Lamar in him, and I think I think he's got a better.
Speaker 3: But see think about a minute. Lamar but a man that don't like cops. He just gained the worst compot.
Speaker 1: But think about it, but think about how that comp just biases you, right, because he's not Lamar. Because he's more of a linear runner than Lamar. I think he's a better scrambler.
Speaker 3: He don't got the wiggle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't have.
Speaker 1: The wiggle that Lamar does. Right, But I think he's coming out of college. I think he's a better natural passer from the jump. He's in a simpler offense because Lamar ran this kind of a pro style, you know, and so it's a little bit different. His arm town's a little bit better, his mechanics are a little bit more consistent. You talk about adversity, Fred he started his own estate, didn't look very good, built his way up into this player now, right, So I do think there's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: Had some pro coaching at Arizona State too.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, that's a great point. And so I think there's a lot to like about him. And I think I just come back to like, if I were to take Drake May be very Drake May, I'd be very happy. But I also I come back to like, I think I think he could be special, Like.
Speaker 6: I hate Joe cum special, I hate Joe cup Well.
Speaker 4: When I think of Lamar, I think of his size, which yes, yes, kind of.
Speaker 2: Like how he's built.
Speaker 1: But something so the other comp that people say is and I think this has this gives a negative connotation r G three And I don't think he's that guy because I think he's I think.
Speaker 3: He's an act like R. G. Wooden, who did boy coming out of college?
Speaker 1: Like maybe like like Cunningham. Maybe is maybe a better comp for how he runs like he's around. Yeah, he's got a big arm, but not a huge like maybe that's a better comp. But but I think like there is a is a more instinctive runner, a more natural running or Roberts. This track guy very linear. I think he's Jane Danis has a better feel. Also, I think he's he was in a more diverse offense than Robert. So I think it's like Robert if he I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I hate to say it.
Speaker 6: I feel like I feel like we dated this person before in the Draff. I feel like we dated this person.
Speaker 3: You know, I told you. I feel like he was r G four now all to do that feel it?
Speaker 6: His real name to me is Robert Campbell, half Robert Griffin, third half Jason.
Speaker 1: That bias is the that comp biases you, I think, and I don't know if it no.
Speaker 7: I think Jason Campbell won national championship. God like we ruined him with like six coaches here, we ruined him. But what I'm saying is delivery size. Jason had some size on him. I think Jason size is similar to his.
Speaker 1: It was his six four, two hundred pounds.
Speaker 3: It's Jason, that's Jason Campbell.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned the height with Drake May, that the same height. You know obviously Drake Mays to four like mis sticker, like we'll put together. But and you know Jadon Daniels takes a lot of shots in the running game. I'm with you how to slide, But I think I just I just look at him. I just and again, maybe you're getting mes ris b because like you said, this sack twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three. I think Drake May is a better football player. But if you just look at twenty twenty three, it's not even close.
Speaker 2: There was such a big gap in there for but even Eve when he before he transferred l as either he's a big gap there and the exactly some of the same arguments you brought up why you picked Jane Dan's was that army that I brought to Fred. Now, now, the biggest thing that I have, the biggest problem I have with him is that he seems like he just he sees his read and if it's not there, Yeah, it freaks out. I think that's true.
Speaker 1: I think it freaks out as probably because I always feel like he's pretty composed, you know, like he's not like you don't get happy feet. He's very deliberate about when he scrambled. He's very very purposeful about doing it.
Speaker 2: I guess more ager say is he's he's looking to run.
Speaker 1: I think that's fine. I think it's like if it's not there, if I don't love it, this is what I see from him. If I don't love the read, if I don't love the progression, I'm gonna run and against every team in college football like he murdered, like against Alabama, one of the fastest teams, one of the best, most NFL comp teams. He looked like the best player, like by far the best playing the field. Obviously, he leaves that gave early with a concussion because he gets hit not on a scramble but like a late kind of a dirty hit.
Speaker 2: But I don't I don't hate that. As if you're a young quarterback trying to learn the game and everything, but eventually you're always gonna have to learn how to win from the pocket. That's what Grake may have think has an advantage over James.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I think I think he sees in the middle to feel better but also like in this Cliff Kingsbury offense, like one of this.
Speaker 3: Is gonna be big windows.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be big windows. But also like, one of the things that I think adds a lot of value to this offense is a quarterback that can run well. And I think Drake May can run, but I think Daniels is just a more dynamical jail.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, he's more of a whipping to.
Speaker 2: You, more of a weapon.
Speaker 1: And again I don't like, I don't if they draft to Drake May, I'm gonna be happy. But I think part of me is like I think there's a there's a huge payout if it all goes the way it's supposed to.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong, I think we win no matter what who you pick.
Speaker 1: And and like you said this already, Fred, it comes down of the coaching and the system they're coming to. But I do think I just think you. I think the ceiling is so much higher with Jane Daniels.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I don't think you lose with any of these dudes. And I don't want nobody to think I'm being negative when I say RG three, because let's be honest, he one has me just like Jane Davis came out just like Jane Daniels, and.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest, he had a hell of the rookie year.
Speaker 6: And if he just take that coaching that that he got around him, I believe he keeps going like leg just be hones. The word thing that got in front of r G three was RG three. But the athlete himself he could play the game of football. I'm saying, Jane Daniels can play the game of football. We don't lose taking either of these guys.
Speaker 1: And I think that's a great point. Like the Commins coming up here, we haven't we don't have that information yet, But how do they interview, you know? And like there's there's always stuff that comes out where it's like like I'm Cliff, I'm sitting in the meeting room with Drake May.
Speaker 3: And he's quiet or something and don't say anything.
Speaker 1: I don't like how he answers the question, but I hit it off yea with Jane Daniels, like I want the guy that that OC that OC likes, you know, And again it might be the other way. It could be Drake May is the guy that oh everyone loves him, right, But I think like that's going to be a huge data point in terms of getting this staff invested in the guy and then making the decision for I.
Speaker 6: Think they're small because I think no position matters more about the human himself.
Speaker 3: Than the quarter A great point because he just touches so much imprint of the team and we are actually are in print of him.
Speaker 2: That's a That's what I love that.
Speaker 1: I think that's great insight because like think about how many times, like like Kirk Cousins like you when he when the each I draft here over RG three, Like the leadership that he has compared to our you know, like the.
Speaker 6: No the team gravitas. Do you bring grown men together and make them want to play for you? We just saw Patrick Mahons do that. Let's be honest. The best roster on that field was the forty nine ers, the best team with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: And being vocal and being able to relate to players is so different. They can make it in their lot in the lock, but they're not always the same, right because you see a lot of quarterbacks who are not exactly the most outspoken guys, but they can hang up at the offensive line and they can relate to the running backs.
Speaker 3: Bacon made the field.
Speaker 6: People say what they want to his teammates play for Bacon, Bacon the quarterback that go out and I'm gonna have a beer with you. You know, Tom ain't putting them cards in his body, but you know, when you get the practice and you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get on that field, Tom demands your best.
Speaker 2: What's gottay avacadra, tequila?
Speaker 4: Heineke had that Jason, they all loved playing with him. He just didn't have the talent. Yeah, but guys elevated team. Yeah, absolutely, Uh yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: As a Jag fan of this team, I'd be happy with either one of these quarterbacks. I hear exactly what you're saying with the lottery ticket of Daniels, and that really excites me. Also scares me because I've seen that with RG three and like those type of players.
Speaker 1: But his and sorry to Cutch, his film in twenty twenty three. I can't stress this enough. Phenomenal, It's amazing.
Speaker 5: He I heard a stat I'll have to stack check this at some point, but I heard that in his last year he had more touchdowns than Daniel Jones had in his whole college career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he was, And Daniel Jones went in the in the first round.
Speaker 2: He was like that.
Speaker 1: And I think that's the thing that I get caught up in because I haven't watched any twenty twenty two of him. I've just watched twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say magical, but that's the kind of player you're talking about it and it's so easy to get caught so alluring.
Speaker 3: Yes, but guess what, Every draft has a weasel in it.
Speaker 6: Every year we watch this weasel go to the combine and dominate and run up the draft. And it could be anybody from Michael Pennix, that could be a Bowl.
Speaker 3: Knicks, that could be like we watched somebody stocks explode. JJ McCarthy, who.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: Play this.
Speaker 4: He might he might be there in our next peck.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is he's he might be the weasel. It's a weasel in the draft.
Speaker 4: So let's let's let's move on here.
Speaker 3: We spent a lot of time on that picks. It's the most important.
Speaker 5: It's going to define this franchise for the next several years, So very important pick.
Speaker 4: Only did one round.
Speaker 5: There no where we stand all right, we'll do it again, don't all right, so we're starting over the podcast then.
Speaker 2: All this stuff.
Speaker 6: But well we I had the Sickond round and they Sickond round pick is almost a bottom first round.
Speaker 3: So listen, I understand.
Speaker 4: And this is from is this this one right here is the montest sweat one I think?
Speaker 2: So thirty five yes, yeah, yeah, we got there from forty six.
Speaker 6: Thirty and forty is from Chicago. Thirty six is out massed enough.
Speaker 4: To okay, okay, I should.
Speaker 2: Have Walter was Walter was some discussion on the quarterback obviously, like we were pretty much in agreement from the start. We wanted to go going to go with the big skill. We wanted to go with the officive line. Yeah, and we had one guy in mind that we really we both agreed from the dough and it was Tyler.
Speaker 1: Go Tyler.
Speaker 2: If he might not be there in real life, he's rising fast, but if he's here there, he feels like he's gonna be picking of the phone immediately. Hey give me this guy.
Speaker 3: He's a damn dog.
Speaker 2: I mean Ford tight end, run back right fast.
Speaker 6: If Lendy scrown me, Like, ain't nobody to share corn bread with him for years. I'm talking about when I say mean, I mean me and he raw enough to not have a bad habits.
Speaker 3: He got a couple of bad, got some but but but raw enough to be all completed.
Speaker 6: And if you're getting this type of how should I say, like worth in the second round right here? I think he wanted them guys that can come in and start, and that's what I'm looking for from an ad beef.
Speaker 3: How quick can you help my team win?
Speaker 6: And I need to draft some starters with them two picks, and I think we both slanted it on guy.
Speaker 2: He got better at the Senior Bowl every single day, and you mentioned the raw techniques, Like his head was down, he's head duck in a little bit, and he kind of he kind of catched people whenever he's punching his foot. His fit, his footwork wasn't exact where he wanted to be. The next day he fixed a lot of that stuff. And he mentioned the athleticis like so he's there was a they were doing some team stuff in the senior in the seniors in the Senior Bowl, and they were doing some inside inside zone and he had to cut off the backside lineback and that is hard for a tackle to do because wand you're going against a lot more athletic, a lot faster than you.
Speaker 3: And linebackers again small and faster.
Speaker 2: And so he at the right angle, he knew how to get flight by a board day traffic and he cut off that linebacker and run back just goes right behind him. That kind of stuff. Plus you add the raw technique like he's got. He's just a ball clay that's already so good without doing all the right technique stuff. This guy is like he's you talk about this explosive that the the the lottery ticket. He could be so special at this left.
Speaker 6: And if you're gonna get a sports car, you need to get a cover when you buy it, and he's the cover. He's the cover to protict Drake may Jenden, Dangers whoever you want.
Speaker 3: We got to get somebody to protect win.
Speaker 2: Up against some of the best guy like Darius Robinson, Chris Braswell and play on Texans really well.
Speaker 6: No, he held his own in a passing offense. Yes, Oklahoma is a passing offense with ride zone running, so he know, out of handle some of the stuff.
Speaker 3: He's always gonna be asked to do.
Speaker 1: Dude, if he's here, I think you're doing backflips. I don't think he's here, Like you said, Zach, it feels like he's gonna be a top twenty player.
Speaker 6: Oh you got to get it's Georgia Alabama, JC Lake them. I just think it's enough pass rush's enough tackles to push him.
Speaker 4: I hope it happened.
Speaker 2: I hope so. I hope he's here.
Speaker 1: But I think that's say to just support what Zach was saying, like just you you bet on traits. Yeah, and with tackles specifically like athletes. Yeah, this dude is a tremendous athlete. He's an easy mover, like he's got the length, he's got the size, like he's he's built in the last. Yeah, three twenty seven four inch arms.
Speaker 3: He's not married.
Speaker 6: But the athleticism, like nobody knows has ever a hoop with Trent. Trent will take the ball and do a three sixty dunk witty and he's your left tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy he was here, you'd be I mean again, like it's he's these can you go to the addressers here real quick?
Speaker 2: Selby and the spirit of of.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to chop Robinson in State.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm not No, he's asking no, no, but he is.
Speaker 1: Available a shop Deza. So this is interesting. So he's a fortieth player. Can you go to corners, Zach real quick?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Corners and receivers please.
Speaker 3: Axavia Thomas is a guy that I had been looking in now.
Speaker 2: So receiver and corner here, corner right there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, So here's who's left. You want to you want to read them?
Speaker 1: So we got Lad mcconchney, who is awesome. He's like a perfect little slot receiver Fromgia. But he's he's good football player.
Speaker 6: But does he fit?
Speaker 1: He's not a marriage for Keon Coleman is the big guy from Forests. I think a lot of people are excited about him. I get super nervous when I watch this film.
Speaker 2: Is not a great separator and is he but knows how to make catches? He is?
Speaker 1: He Kaneil Harry from Arizona State.
Speaker 2: That's you know, comparison.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying, like you is he that guy?
Speaker 2: He? Again? When you watch State mossn't everybody in side Arizona State? Arizona State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how he plays any but he's not a great separator and not a lot of nuance to his routes.
Speaker 3: So like who is he really?
Speaker 2: Is what you ask? Yeah, who is he?
Speaker 1: Because like DeVante Parker is another guy that comes to mind that fits that kind of not a great separator, big guy. So I've got like a I like his film because it's fun to watch.
Speaker 6: It's so funny you brought him up because my draft that I got drafted. You remember Rod Gardner Climpton I received is it? He was taken and he was supposed to take Santana right, but they took Rod gotten another big receiver.
Speaker 3: It could not separate.
Speaker 1: And so when you look at big receivers, it can't separate. In today's NFL, like separation rate is becoming such a driver of production at the next level. So I'm kind of like, you know what I mean, Like it makes me go, oh no, I don't love that makes me really nervous. Davantes Walker is another guy, fastest dude you'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, play a lot, but leget.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: And again he's a guy that not not a nuanced route runner, but has enough like kind of awareness and like size gets open a little bit. I think a little bit better than Kean. But again you're dealing with guys that I don't know what the value at is anything with the receiver specifically at the spot is there are a thousand receivers in this class.
Speaker 4: You're going to get a good receiver later a third round.
Speaker 2: You're gonna like fall on a receiver.
Speaker 3: No, not can take Wheelson from flow oud of State. If I want a big.
Speaker 1: Toe, big receiver, I like him a lot. Ricky Pearsol probably in a third round players he's like lad mcconchney light. So there are so I probably would avoid a receiver here. Yeah, so we got in the receiver there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got in the receiver.
Speaker 5: But also remember we're picking only five spots after this again, so you don't need to you don't need to reach for somebody yet. All these receivers, you're going to get a good one in just five picks if it's a great point. So we gotta find I think if I'm in the room.
Speaker 2: With you, oh that might be the pick right there.
Speaker 3: We gotta find.
Speaker 5: Somebody that is in a position right now that I can't get a good value at in just five picks.
Speaker 1: So like, where is it thin?
Speaker 4: And we need to get that play.
Speaker 1: So this is one okay, Tyld. I think we all agree probably best player available at this spot. And I'm really pissed because Darius Robinson went pick thirty five. He's a guy that if he's available, you sprint. He's the defensive end for Missouri. You sprint that up there, You sprint that up there. So the couple guys that I'm looking at, Graham Barton from Duke, played center, played guard, played tackle. He is a guard at this level. He is super twitchy, super physical, plays through the whistle.
Speaker 3: Do you want to spin the high pick like that?
Speaker 1: He's a second round pick on a guy that can play forced three spots on the offensive line. And so again, like I think, if he goes to the Senior Bowl, we're talking about him in a much different line.
Speaker 4: What about what about Patrick Paul?
Speaker 1: Patrick Paul? This seems a little heat to me. I think you get him later. I think I think in real draft land, if this is real, this is PFS rankings, Yeah, I think Graham Barton, you feel really good about the other guy. I know you hate him, but for dan Quinn's system, might be the move is chop Robinson.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't hate Chop Robinson. I never said that. So I'm a Penn State fan, right, and he just frustrated me. That's all.
Speaker 5: He is super athletic. So you know how you've all been saying like he's a sports car, a Lamborghini. He's a Lamborghini, but he's if you put somebody with a driver's permit in it.
Speaker 6: He's not.
Speaker 4: He's got one thing and one thing.
Speaker 3: You show up a five star.
Speaker 1: And you leave with three stars.
Speaker 2: But that's why you get into coaching there and you you give him a driving star to the Hey, how you do?
Speaker 5: That's what you're betting on with Chop. You're taking his athletic ability and you're betting you can make him be what you need him to do.
Speaker 1: This is something about Chop that I think is really interesting. With Chop specifically, is I think he is when you watch his film and don't nobody freak out. Everyone calm down. He don't be in There's elements, elements, elements in terms of athletic prof file, not the player athletic profile, not this guy athletic profile. Michael Parsons. Okay, so when you watch him, his burst off the ball, is the best of the class. Chop Robinson, don't know that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Would you say he's the defensive end version of what Anthony Richardson was to quarterbacks last year, Like just all these crazy traits.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: Anthony Richardson was like good at football. Like I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: Andony reaches.
Speaker 1: I'm more on board after watching him.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm trying to buy in the choppier because he's such a physical I think he disappears man.
Speaker 1: If you use if you use him the way that they use Micah in that system where he's lining up in the a gas everywhere and he's just explosive. You got him running on stunts and loops like he's gonna run probably a four to four. Yeah, he's that kind of we'll get you taken in the first So he's gonna imagine it running loop stuff where he doesn't have to like win with his hand.
Speaker 6: When he doesn't have to beat people with his with his technique.
Speaker 1: In this system, you might elevate him. Right again, I think Graham Barton is a guy that just feels like I just a nice easy double. We're just getting on base boom double well, let me.
Speaker 4: Okay, what about the other Penn State Edge Isaac?
Speaker 1: So I would I have a slightly higher grade on.
Speaker 4: Disa Isaac slightly slightly higher.
Speaker 2: And I just because I think he's he's going to test like an Appenma is gonna be pretty pretty big.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna jump over forty inches. I think he's gonna run a four to four. And again I like the other guy a lot. But who else is in the edge? I look at the edges and weird, I think we go because it's so Andrean Cooper Andreck Cooper is interesting because I've seen like he is a freaky athlete.
Speaker 3: He's a tweener dough.
Speaker 1: But again, do you want a developmental linebacker?
Speaker 2: To your point, he's a twin er.
Speaker 4: Due, all right, who are we taking Logan, I'll defer to you.
Speaker 1: So if I was going to go here, because another guy that is on this list is Marshawn Keeland, and I like his film a lot better from Western Michigan. He's six three, he's two seventy. He plays like he's got a firecracker rappers, but like he is not. He never slows down. I think you get him later. So I think you go with a guy that is more valuable here in ram Barton. And this is where it's tough, because I was I was really hoping Darius Robinson or the Edge from UDUB was gonna be here, and in this mock, they're not.
Speaker 4: Robinson went right before such a da right before. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the guy from U DUB, the Bryson Bryce Truth.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, he's big.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 4: I'm looking it up right now. His name eludes me. I watched him.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, Bryson Tremaine.
Speaker 3: So did y'all he end up taking did y'all he end up taking Chop Robins? Yeah? Yeah, so right there.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think we're gonna take him.
Speaker 1: As much as that pains me, I think we're gonna go because I do think I think he's gonna I think his value in this system is more Chop Robinson than other places. Yeah, but I would probably go Barton with this pic.
Speaker 3: Yeah we got y'all.
Speaker 1: Go go go to dB real quick one more time. Let's just double check.
Speaker 3: You're looking for DJ Turtle from Alburn.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking for just I want to find somebody that I like, I'm fired up about.
Speaker 3: Well, you should go to the safeties Miami two safeties.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sorry, this is not great podcasting.
Speaker 4: No, this is really bad. We need to make a pick.
Speaker 3: Carm and Kitchens.
Speaker 2: I feel like they would have already been on Grand Barton pick. Grand Barton's the pick.
Speaker 3: I would say, Carmen and Kitchen sitting there, Grand Barton, Grean Barton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel really good about that. And you're talking about Trice.
Speaker 2: Trice, Yeah, you can do a backflip also. But all right, let's move on to the third round here.
Speaker 3: No, we to the second pick of the second round.
Speaker 2: Second round, Okay, yeah, gotta admit you know, this is where we kind of deferred a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is where it gets tough.
Speaker 2: It's where it gets tough. Now, I have I have some opinions that I feel like we should go receiver here. Yeah, he feels like we should go tight end.
Speaker 3: All right, let's look, say, pull the receivers up first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pull the receivers up first.
Speaker 3: Receive.
Speaker 2: There's a guy that Now, now, look, man, we both like Leget. Let's not.
Speaker 6: Let's not from South Carolina.
Speaker 3: He's a bigger, stronger, faster version of Deebo Sam.
Speaker 2: Here's the something too. He has traits that this roster needs speeds, and I don't think it really has right because you've got a lot of guys who are kind of.
Speaker 3: Mid sized guys with mid feeds, and those are great.
Speaker 2: We o those guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can't have the same. You can't have the same.
Speaker 2: You gotta do that can say, all right, we're not gonna be able to throw you the best pass all the time. Yeah, we need you to out physical guy down the field and flip.
Speaker 1: It for us.
Speaker 6: But see, this is what happened to get He's a victim of our prior perceptions, our prior doings, because we took the wide receiver a year ago to guy I think we got to go tight end here like because at the end of the day, we got a tight end sit here.
Speaker 3: And the one thing I get.
Speaker 6: Tight ends when it comes to defensive players, they keep drives going. WHI receivers might make the big plays, but if I can get a big play tight end plus a chain mover all in one, take us to the tight end.
Speaker 2: Brother, let me big.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you who we take into Totavious Sanders, Texas.
Speaker 3: We talking about a guy I'm guaranteeing you right now, it.
Speaker 6: Almost sixty five pounds.
Speaker 3: He might be running the fourth to fourth when when we watch him.
Speaker 6: If you want to see what he can do on film, people go watch Alabama Texas at the beginning of the year and see what he did to one of the best safeties in college football, some of the best running inside linebackers in football. And he do what I want all my tight ends to do. He liked to get his clothes dirty. He likes to get his clothes dirty. So now that I got a quarterback with the first pick, now that I protected him with a tackle with the second pick. With the third pick, the law firm was smooth, and Selby said, we got to get a tight end in here, and not just a tight end, a tight end that can grow with the quarterback and be with him for the next ten years.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna defer to you on this, yeah, Truck, because I trust you, Fir. I think this is this relationship we're building right now. I think we're a war life that we're similar. But I'm gonna throw this into you. Yeah, Yeah, I'm try trust you here. Yeah maybe in later on in these other drafts. Yeah, You're gonna have to trust me on some other things. I got one.
Speaker 3: I got one.
Speaker 6: I can trust you. But when I looked at this tight end list, Cage Stover, I think in the league he's gonna be an in line guy. And I just kept looking down and the only other guy that I said could probably be the one on one with Joheen Baio from Florida State.
Speaker 3: But he's almost a hybrid Cooley type player.
Speaker 1: And he's more of a route one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like he's more of a route running half back type of.
Speaker 2: Do The only reason I only reason I say that is because when we get into more drafts here there's a there's an officive lineman that I think is really going to be a steal.
Speaker 3: But we just took out novel.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is later on drafts. Yeah, I want you to trust me. One.
Speaker 3: I trust you, brother, I trust you. Today we're gonna go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna say this.
Speaker 1: I think that's a little bit of a reach, Sir Fred.
Speaker 3: Why he's ranked fifty like you, This is what you told me. We need to fall.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you need to fall a little with you.
Speaker 2: Just say it.
Speaker 3: It ain't PM, it's what we need.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this Theo Johnson excellent football player, Ben's not excellent football player. Jared Wiley, He's not even on this list, is maybe the best of those guys I just mentioned. So I think you can get a guy who can be a game changer that isn't a tight end at this high and I think about good tight ends, you know, Travis Kelsey third round, Kittle third round, Mark Andrews third round. Right, that I think is where the nice value at is there. But I think he's a good football player. Jadavion's a good football player, no doubt about it. For us, it's Chop Robinson and I think we are.
Speaker 4: No debate, no, no, no, no. We need to go edge.
Speaker 3: We need to go edge.
Speaker 4: I don't like Chopp, but I do deferdy.
Speaker 1: So go to go to the edges real quick, just to give like some context here, we'll keep this really quick. Chop again is the guy. I think he's gonna bull up the combine. Adisse Isaac is also here. His running mate at Penn State, got a lot of juice. I don't think he bends as well. And then think about Shop. That gets me a little bit nervous. He's a little bit of one Tripony edge power guy. But I think in this system, with all the movement these guys do in terms of stunts, I feel like Chop might be the more productive player. But again, I love I love Marshawn Keeling, love him. And again where is he from? He's from Western Michigan.
Speaker 3: And I think we could take Solomon later, Troy a dog.
Speaker 2: A dog, and we got the whole third round to get received.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Say, we're set up. We're set up.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of glory, but we've got a lot of other guys, and.
Speaker 6: We still got Jared might try to another guy to flit it in gaps.
Speaker 5: So yeah, all right, I'm with you with we're betting on our coaching, betting on betting on the coaching, which which again is what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: So we went basically primary offense. We went, we went. We had an offensive draft.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think what you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we guys drafted on the offensive players.
Speaker 6: Know, we drafted attackle quarterback, and a tight end.
Speaker 4: So you guys had your your three picks, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yep, and three picks are We drafted Drake May with the number two pick. We drafted Uh, Tyler, I mean Tyler guy good, really good. And we drafted a tight end athlete, not Logan after leap this.
Speaker 2: When we drafted, honestly, I think the best thick we had is Guide, just because I think I think that that that that value.
Speaker 3: It has to be Drake May but Guid to live up to what he needs to be and Sad.
Speaker 2: In the middle. I hear you, But Guidan is a guy that can protect your your biggest asset.
Speaker 1: Are your right And we got we got Jaydon Daniels. We got Graham uh not Graham Barton. Yeah, Graham Barton from Duke the center guard tackle. And then we got Chop Robinson as the edge rusher. Explosive, that rusher, he's going to be, uh, pretty dynamic. We need to fill that deep well.
Speaker 5: We want the fans to vote for who they think are the best one. We'll put that poll on Spotify. So when you download this on Spotify, make sure you vote for Logan and Jack Jason
Speaker 2: Jack Jason