Speaker 1: Patrick Beverly is now the new wave. He's like Draymond Green without a regulator a governor. So we say, like somebody who's just petty as fuck and is going to say any wild thing that he thinks on national television. So let's recap this twenty four hours that he's had before the Sun's collapse. Patrick Beverley predicted a mass victory and then tweeted out the following, y'all stee stay locked in. Let's see who pulls the fake hurt move down a dub that folks is a world class shot at Chris Paul, And just like clockwork, Chris Paul limped off the court following the single worst performance not just the playoffs but his entire career. He was a negative thirty nine, and Pat Bev jumped all over him again. When someone tweeted a video of CP three, which Mark Spears reported was a quad injury, Pat Bev then quote tweeted it and said, stay woke with the face palm emoji, and that was just the beginning. Pat Bev then went on get up first take absolutely ethered Chris Paul. He said so many funny and slanderous things that it's almost impossible to know where to begin. Here are the highlights. He started by going in on Chris Paul's lack of defense.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody worry about Chris Paul and Perforce? So nobody in the NBA? What did I just say that, I'm just letting you know how NBA players feel that. I believe you know what I'm saying. But that's the game to a point where he gets all the petty calls, all the slight dudes. At the end, I mean, this guy is out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We gonna be honest. We want to be really honest.
Speaker 1: Yes, he should have fouled out. He's so mad. You see the.
Speaker 2: Replay against Bronson. Hit him on the shoulder, hit him in the mouth. Rep don't call anything. If that's me, I'll review it. Oh, flagrant one if that's him, they don't call it. So let's not get it twisted. Man, he should have filed out. He can't guard. He really can't go. He can't guard. He can't Paul can't guard anybody? Is that what you say?
Speaker 1: Nine time All Defensive Player, Chris Paul.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. I haven't heard anybody tell me. Yeah, because you have to suit it up. You know, guys don't like to tell you all the truth. You know that because they care, they can they scared, they will lie. He's on this, they will lie. True, he's not lying about it. And c if he can't guard nobody man or by the NBA. You know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's face it. Cone. Wait, he called him a cone?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 1: Where's that at?
Speaker 2: Everybody? Anybody like when in the summertime you gotes? You know what you do with cones? Everybody, anybody what we call comb? You know what you do with cones? Like when in the summertime you got a comb, you make a move? What does the cone do? Stay stilled? Exactly? He's a cone? Stop playing, man. Everybody knows that. Everyone knows that. It's just y'all don't want to accept it because that Ben Simmons slander. Give him the pece.
Speaker 1: Then he called it a cone. That might be the most disrespectful thing anybody could call. Anybody an immobile piece of plastic and rubber on the floor whose sole purpose is to be an inanimate obstruction that you can easily move around for gameplay. That's what he called Chris paul a cone. No said nobody worries about Chris Paul guarding them. That's false. Then he explains the difference between someone like Steph Curry and Chris Paul gets even worse. It's even worse, folks.
Speaker 2: NBA go to sleep? Do guys in the NBA go to sleep early the night before playing the Phoenix Sons? Hell? No, No, I mean as a team, or would you talk about Chris Paul into Chris Paul is a visual Okay, No, I'm going to State forty four over there in Phoenix. I'm gonna have you a nice little wine, probably sweated out. But the pregame shit around to get ready for Chris Paul, Steph Curry, I'm going I'm going to bed at eight o'clock. Mom, don't call me my girl, don't call me. I'm Mom. Then, right now, it's it's two different monsters, that's all.
Speaker 1: Jesus. I don't even know what to say. Why is Patrick Beverley coming after Chris Paul? You might ask when did they become having beef? First and foremost, it goes back to the trade between Houston Rockets and the LA Clippers. Pat bev was in Houston. He was doing a little thing with James Harden. They were making a little run, and then Pat Bev got traded to LA for Chris Paul, and then Chris Paul apparently was talking all kinds of shit to Pat Bev. And the way that social media is reacting, it's clear that the Sons have talked a ton of shit to Pat Bev over the last couple of seasons and a lot of people, and probably not just to Pat Bev but to the entire league. As they came up so fast, they started talking like they were preordained, like the Golden State ars do. And there are plenty of people that are just reveling in their loss. Safe to say, two things are going to emerge from Patrick Beverley versus Chris Paul. There's now going to be big time beef between the Suns and the Wolves. An ESPN just found its next Draymond Green, JJ, Reddick and Bev together more of that. Please sit down, be humble, and they are. They are sitting down. They are going home the Phoenix Suns. I have doubts, folks. All my t shirts that say Sons and four, I don't know I can wear them anymore right now. I think they stay in the closet. I think they stay in the drawers. Honestly, I don't even know how to break this down, folks. I am stunned. I think the collective NBA community is stunned. You're talking about a number one seed getting its ass kicked. Just a comprehensive embarrassment and emasculation. It's a go run and hide, hide your kids, hide your wives. They raping everybody up in there like they pillaged. They were Genghis Kong. They did things that we can't even speak about out loud. Put their on their shoulders. I tell you what it was. Ub scene. I mean, this could have demolished an entire franchise before their window even got set. DeAndre Aiden's in the middle of a Max contract extension conversation, and now who knows what's gonna happen with that. I think if the MAVs would have won this in a close game, maybe nobody even blinks. I go, Luca's on another planet. But they were down thirty points at halftime. They got outscored as a team by Luca himself. In the first half, they had twenty seven points and Luca had twenty seven points. They had twenty seven points and a half. That is that is a scene. I want to say the the Suns had one of the best offensive ratings in the league this year. What happened at the halftime speech because they came out a halftime and gave up an eight zero run to the MAVs. Just no urgency. How does this happen? You had CP three book and eight and one for fifteen, one for fifteen in the first half. To me, that seems impossible. How do I process it? I don't even know. What's what's fascinating to me about this is that the Suns created a roster to do every in the offseason, to do everything that they could to stop Yannis from doing y Honie things, and they didn't even realize they had to get there. They just forgot that there's an entire whole gauntlet of teams that play in different ways. You have to game plan for it to get there as well. It was like they just thought they were just gonna just take a take the shuttle to the finals. Just what everything else is just good. I the Bucks get shot down by the Celtics and get their own doors blown out by the MAVs by keeping things the same and not having flexibility themselves, like with PJ. Tucker get rid of guys. You look over guys, you get an injury. Chris Middleton out in Night Night. Did they look past the MAVs? A lot of people think that they just look past them. I don't think it's just that simple, because you look at the way that the roster is constructed, and I thought that they could have been built to beat anyone. I thought that they had enough three and D guys on the wings that they could win any series. They had multiple three point shooters. Tory Craigs shoots thirty three percent, Jay Crowter shoots thirty five percent from three. Cam Johnson shoots thirty nine percent from three. Mckel bridges thirty seven percent from three. And they were just too busy getting their bigs in order and their house cleaning out front court. What if they neutralize are bigs. Aiden doesn't shoot threes in the way that Nick Batoom does like the Clippers, Reggie Bullock block as they say, Maxi Klaba, they just didn't fix the matchups. Trying to dissect this loss as while because it makes you realize that the game is just changing right before our eyes without us being able to even process and write about and analyze what we're experiencing. Ky Lu changed the game in that Utah Jazz series in a way that now has set a blueprint for other teams to replicate. It's called, as John Hollinger would call it, this new term that I had never heard before today, which is called spaceball. Never heard of it before today. It's a good, really good term. Basically, the La Clippers and Tylou ran five small three point shooters, smaller three point shooters, but big enough that they can defend anyone against the Jazz and ran them off the court on the perimeter. They're switching everything. They all can shoot threes, and now Rudy Gobert is completely useless. The Clippers also did the same thing to the Suns last year and almost won that series. It was closer than we remember, and that should have been a warning shot that the Suns were very vulnerable. There's now a new villain in town and is now the small ball three and D lineup. Not quite small as the Warriors go. It's like the six's eight six' nine three AND. D i mean that's potent if you're six to two and everybody else is six five and. Up it's kind of like what The raptors are trying to. Do it's amazing what one loss can do to a franchise with one series blow now reports of That, ayton he's out of. There he didn't even want to go back into the. Game he told them, No i'm hearing and then they Asked Monny, williams what's up with? That and he's, like it's, internal it's. Internal excuse? Me does that? Mean he was, like, Deuces i'm out of. Here you guys are on some Both money never seems to get upset About, ayton and now he's harshly been like it's. Internal phoenix now has a huge decision to. Make do they Pay? Ayton they've got rights To. Ayton ayton can't go anywhere if he doesn't if they don't want him, to they can match any offer that anybody puts out as a restricted free. Agent that's how it. Goes do they let him, walk do they do a sign and? Trade do they lean into the smaller? Lineup guys ON tnt made a very interesting. Point they said What phoenix really lacked was a reliable third option on the, court a guy who could get you a bucket When book was double teamed AND cp three is either hampered or blitzed or. COLD i thought that that could Be Cam johnson Or campaign Or Michale, bridges and it's basically. Neither the other thing that was brought up is that they really Missed, dariosarich who can stretch the, floor but he's still coming off of AN acl. Tear he's still in, contract perfect wing who can also play the, center who can hit a. Three but to, me WHAT i feel happened the most when you kind of process it in real, time is That Monty williams got out. Coached he didn't do thing to change the way that they needed to. Go, like tell me, this do you think that Playing Jay crowder at the small, Five Michel bridges at the, Four Cam johnson at the, Three book at the, two AND cp three at the one seems to maybe do the same things with the maps we're trying to. Do kind of feels like that to me cause a ton of problems for opposing. Teams but Somehow Moni williams just Let chase And kidd dictate everything and then, say, well you know, What we're just gonna continue to do the same. Thing over and over. Again we're gonna run pick and roll With. Da DA's getting cooked out. There DA's frustrated he's not aggressive. Enough Then DA's, like fuck, It i'm out of. Here you guys haven't paid. Me Robert sarver's probably gonna be forced to sell the. Team this place is. Bullshit it's just a team that was just a tad bit too cocky filling. Themselves they built a team to beat the Cut bucks without realizing they gotta beat a lot of good teams that have a lot of lineup, flexibility and you gotta get. There griz play like that. Spaceball you got The MAVs doing, it you got The clippers doing, it and now they're gonna have to deal with The nuggets trying to do the same thing as, well With jokic on the. Perimeter for good teams that can play like, that not even taking into account the warrior that are there doing that same thing as well to a lesser. Degree so what's the future In? PHOENIX i think it's very. MURKY i Think ayton is gone AND i don't even know what they do if that, Happens like find ways to get guys involved on the, PERIMETER i don't. Know Reggie bullock was a huge Signing Spencer. Dinwood he was out. There you could have gotten. Him big six', five guard who, can defend who can shoot threes off. The bench monny william should have benched ya if That. Was tyleru that's what he would. Have done nobody. Is Immune chris paul might have been benched if That. Was tyleru nobody. Is immune is it's match. Up based it's not. Merit based it's. Matchup based it's not what have you done in the last, sixty games it's what have you done right now and a. Week ago the craziest THING is i never even thought we would have. THIS discussion i thought That the suns were. THE favorite i think everybody else. Did too they overperformed expectations, last year thought that they should be able to surpass these expectations from basically overperforming, this year without noting that a lot of things broke their way last year to get. Them there the league changing right before, our EYES and i think it's going to, be very very chaotic, this Offseason With robert sarver needing to probably sell the team a buyer not wanting to be in the luxury tax when they buy a team or buy, An asset and then where do you go