Speaker 1: The Nick Agliser Podcast. Glaser, here's Nikky.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's me.
Speaker 3: It's Nicolaser Podcast. Welcome. I'm looking at Brian. You look like you're posing for a mug shot. It's your little days. Yeah, you've been working hard. You're here with me and we're together. Brian and I are together on the same tiny couch in Airbnb in West Hills.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, glorious West Hills, home of the Serenapple Sonoco gas station. Is it really I don't know. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: It's it's bleak out here.
Speaker 4: I don't get it. I mean, this is supposed to be like the fanciest part of LA It's supposed to be a Calabasas, it's near Calabasas, but it just kind of looks like a suburb to me. I'm sure the houses cost like five million dollars Z. But I guess there's a charter.
Speaker 3: School in the corner out here. That is so it's really far from it's like forty five How long did it take you to get here today from Culver City.
Speaker 4: It took me about forty five minutes. Yeah, I don't get it. Yeah, you think it'd be by the beach, you think it'd be somewhere where people would recreate, but instead it's just up in the mountains. It's hot out here, it dries, it's nothing around sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I'm saying, and such a crap. Shoot you have land if you don't have and all, you know, that's right. I think Whitney lives out here, or like Tomster Girl. Whenever I would do a podcast of someone with millions and millions and millions of dollars, like Rogan, it was always driving out.
Speaker 4: Well, I want to see where they're living because I'm sure that it's I mean, this to me just looks like this could be when I grew up, except without the palm trees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is worse than where I grew up. It is worse. Is this? What was that The Kardashians don't they live in Like, yeah, they live in Calabasas. Yeah, that's I think they made this place kind of cool. At least that was the first time I'd ever heard of it. Anyway, I'm here for a show. Brian is working with me on the show, so we're both You're commuting every day, like, yes, it's gonna be insane in our shooting times. Sorry, secret show. Can't say the name, but the shooting times are from three to three Are you aware of that?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm aware.
Speaker 3: Three pm to three am wow, Sunday through Thursday. Yes, yes, And I didn't realize I could have kept working on the road. I'm glad I did it because I would have done it and it died. Yeah, Like I could have done it Saturday nights. I would have passed away. But I am already booked up. And if you're in the LA area, I'm going to be doing sets every single Friday and Saturday, and I will pass away at one of those shows on the day's hair in like four weeks. When it all to me and I'm like, I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing.
Speaker 5: This to me?
Speaker 3: And they're like, you asked us for a set, That's when I'll pass away.
Speaker 4: But when you have a breakway when you ask for a set and then you just don't want to do it at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to do anything I ever do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm unhappy with all of my life's decisions.
Speaker 3: I mean, isn't like I dread everything and then I do it and I'm like happy, But I'm always I feel like even Taylor Swift shows, do your horn hong. Whenever I go to those shows, I'm the anticipation is always better than no. The thing is great, but the anticipation. Like I've always said, I like Christmas Eve. I don't like Christmas. I like May thirty first. I don't like June first, that's my birthday. I don't I want Tomber thirty first. Yeah. I don't really give a shit about New Year's Eve, so I care about it.
Speaker 4: There's too much pressure. I think you got to figure out what you're going to do, so every year for.
Speaker 3: When you were saying, I bet that was a nightmare, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a nightmare. There was a one year that Zoey Deschanel did a duet with I think it was Joseph Gordon Levit or something. Oh yeah, what are you going to do on New Year's Eve?
Speaker 2: That old What are you gonna do around New Year's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty good. And it made me so sad because I was just like, nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot. And then you got to kiss someone. It's all the things.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah that. Where did they add that?
Speaker 3: I don't know who added that, but yeah, I think I only did that once and then now I do when I'm with my partner. But yeah, Reagan Ronald, he did it. So we're Are you ready to embark on this journey?
Speaker 4: Oh I'm ready. Yeah, yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: To do anything life of show business.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, I've been languishing.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: It was a word that became popularized during the pandemic because many people were languishing. It's this idea that there's articles written about it in the publications. Wow, yeah, I was languishing. It's just like this feeling. Do you guys know what languishing is.
Speaker 3: It's languid. It feels like what you do when you're like in a uh, you're depressed and you're stuck and you can't You're just like it's waiting.
Speaker 4: It's like nothing bad's happening, and you don't really feel that bad, but you don't feel good. You don't feel someone.
Speaker 3: Look up the definition of language.
Speaker 4: Please it don't feel anything.
Speaker 1: It sounds also like a procedure that a woman would do if she was like not feeling fresh. Like it's almost like doucheing. It's like I have to languish really quick, yes, like a quick rinse something. But yeah, languishing sounds like you're meandering through two different parts of your life, like you're sort of listless, and I picture someone laying down, yeah, on a bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know there's a lot of that, but it's not quite like depression. It's not quite like as low as depression. But it's that it's that slow Chinese water or drip torture that over time, you know what I'm talking. Yeah, over time. Uh, you just start. You just wake up one day and you're like, I have done nothing for ten years. I feel like a husk. That's what languishing is.
Speaker 2: The Oxford definition is lose or lack vitality, grow weak or feeble. Yeah, and then the second definition is suffer from being forced to remain in an unpleasant place or situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I picture a waiting room with those little kids, like, you know, they look like roller coasters with the little lines, and then you put the beads and the beads go, and you do that like twice, and then you're bored as a child. And then there's maybe some fish. Why there was fish in a waiting room, I guess they're beautiful to watch.
Speaker 4: And there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the FI file question. Yeah, he never.
Speaker 4: Asked that question, but it would be a great one.
Speaker 3: What's with the fish in the dentist's waiting room?
Speaker 4: A fish in the waiting room?
Speaker 3: Do they have teeth?
Speaker 4: They?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I enter definition. Mm hmmm, entropy, Like I feel like languishing can lead to entropy. I remember the first time I was ever depressed, and I was a teenager. My mom said something like, you have to be careful of entropy. It's like a physics thing. But it's not like lack of.
Speaker 3: Which is too much.
Speaker 2: Lack of predictability, yes, well, lack of order of predictability, gradual decline into disorder physics, Yeah, and physics, it just means that everything tends towards tends towards entropy, which is chaos.
Speaker 1: I felt like that.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh yeah, it's lack of order. Okay, I wonder what that is. As I look at my spilled suitcase and just yeah, I wonder what entropy is. It's like spelled out in front of me, my clothes spell the word.
Speaker 4: It made me read that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we read it in high school.
Speaker 4: Don't remember anything about the book. I just remember saying.
Speaker 3: Over and over again, why were you feeling languish?
Speaker 4: Just well, besides the fact that I got married, which, by the way, congratulations on you. We're going to talk about. But besides the fact I got married, outside of that, on either side of it was just like A was just I felt like nothing, nothing was going on, So I'm I'm ready to uh do something that takes up a lot of time, is really what it comes to.
Speaker 3: Yes, who was just saying they want to? Yeah, I have a friend that's going through a heartbreak and she's like, I just want work. I need some work to throw myself into. I need something to just hurl myself into to get me to not at it so solidified your relationship and you're like, I need She's going through a breakup and she's like, I need something to fill my life, and you're like, I just got more solid than ever. I need something to fill my life. WHOA, break ups and weddings are kind of the same thing, Like there's just a finality, there's a new A wedding is just.
Speaker 4: A breakup with your single self.
Speaker 3: Oh whoa I have? Yeah, that's not like the that's the author It's not like the Swahili for that quote. Okay, I don't want you to start saying.
Speaker 4: About hakuna matata.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well I'm glad me too. I feel I feel the same way. I feel like there's been just a lot of turmoil and like there's storms brewing in my emotional state recently, and I'm just excited to turn it over to like just get on a train to Jesus, turn it over to the show that I'm working on, and just be. And when you work on a show, you it becomes your life. You can't do anything else. These shows are so intense you can't think about anything else. And we are thinking about the characters of the show's lives more than your own, you know, like you get to be obsessed with someone else's mental state.
Speaker 4: You want to think about your own pain, you think about someone else's.
Speaker 3: Yes, so that'll be fun to do. But and I'm not nervous at all. I used to get so nervous about these things. And that's a little that's a little worrisome to me when I have zero anxiety about a thing that most people would be very anxious about. But I just am like, I don't know, I just don't You're.
Speaker 4: A veteran, you're a pro.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's it. But do you get nervous.
Speaker 4: When you go on stage to do stand up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: So do you feel like you're worse because of that?
Speaker 3: No? But I felt no. Yeah, yeah I do. Actually I feel like anxiety makes me work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess I don't. I should have some anxiety right now.
Speaker 3: You don't have any You always have something. You didn't bring any with you to.
Speaker 4: I didn't bring any. I forgot it. I was supposed to bring an SD card in an anxiety.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you were nervous about something career wise? Or I guess so many.
Speaker 3: I think for me, it's like when there is someone in the audience watching who is famous or who's like I really care about their like your friend Tristan Prettyman coming to our show, and like san Diego. I think that I was like, she's I really respect her as an artist, and like she's so pretty man. My name is yes, and she's pretty man, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And I didn't even see her after the show. I didn't want to see her because I didn't want her to have to be like nice to meet. But I'm only reminded that because I saw her at your wedding, and I was like, oh, I think that was the last time I felt like, oh god. I felt bad because I'm like, she's coming to see Anya, she has to sit through my shit. She doesn't want to. I always feel like I'm burdening people with the show. I really do. It's so weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you feel I feel you feel like you're burdening people all the time, like, uh, you hired me for this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm like and last night.
Speaker 4: Last night you were like, uh, by the way, if you don't want to come at all, don't worry about it. No pressure, And it's like, what, well.
Speaker 3: I met, like you have to draw, Like, my call time on set is ten am and we're doing the podcast at eight am to buy me some time to drive there and everything. And I thought, if your call time is not until like one, like what if I'm getting there so early to just do hair and makeup. But I didn't really know what time we're shooting, so I was like, maybe you should get there at twelve instead. That means it'd be better for you to do the podcast at your place, and then that's why. But yes, I did feel like I.
Speaker 4: Don't like, yeah, I know my call time is your call time?
Speaker 3: Okay, sweet man, I'm your helper, all right, good well, watch me gets painted. Yeah, it will be so fun. It's gonna be nice to have Brian here in person since we've we haven't had you here. Well, we only did it once time.
Speaker 4: I haven't never been in the studio, right, Saint Louis, I've never even seen it. Those pink walls are are stranger to me.
Speaker 3: My mom painted them in twenty twenty one, and yeah, she did a good job. And we're gonna we're gonna do a re re remodel soon. But it's we're gonna get trading spaces. We're gonna get Paige from Trading Spaces to come in. Do you guys remember that show? Yes, I just time, dude. I just saw like a recap of like some of the worst remodels. So the show was this. It was in the nineties early two thousands. A couple would go to TLC and be like to this show and be like, we need this room, redon, we don't know what to do with my husband's wreck room. And then they would be like, what are you into? And then they would h they had a little a cabal of designers that they would choose from, and then each each person would get to choose one of these designers that was like just these wacky people, and then they would use I think it was like a thousand dollars budget. It was cheap, and they would redo the room and they would turn it into like a beach theme and they put sand on the floor and like like staple fucking booie's on the wall.
Speaker 4: And it's important to note that these are people's actual houses.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they leave it in. One time, a girl from our high school had trades Spaces come and it looked amazing on the show and they were all happy with it, but in reality, it was all very cheaply done obviously for a thousand dollars, and they ruined everything and it just they took it down as soon as they came in and and they all cried when it was when they saw it, and most people in the show would be like because they you know, they cover their eyes when they walk in. Then they go like this and they go, I love it, like the way you do when you get your haircut and you hate it, and you go, I like crying because it's so good. I really I told you I wanted it just an inch off, but I did want six inches. You let my mind. But there's like a compilation of the worst one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think I saw that a video of that woman like it's a surprise, and then there's a female host.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, Page and she liked he like this and she had like a really she had a little pixie cut. She looked like Peter Pant.
Speaker 4: Because when the but when they made the reveal, the husband had already seen it, and the wife really hated.
Speaker 3: It because one person would maybe work with the team, like the husband would work with the team, and then they'd surprise a wife something like that.
Speaker 4: And then Paige was like, what's the matter? You don't you don't like it? And she was so like, so well, it's empathetic, but also like she couldn't believe how upset the person was that this person's living room was just destroyed.
Speaker 3: Oh was awesome.
Speaker 1: Name is Page?
Speaker 4: Show is just.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 4: I just watch people's houses get ruined and we reveal it on national television and see how they react.
Speaker 3: But I always wanted them to come to my house. I was so naive to it. And then as an adult, you're like I would never let these fucking kooks in my room to redecorate it and make it like into a I don't know, a rodeo theme, however, like turn into the Rainforce.
Speaker 1: Camp got it when I went away to camp, like summer camp. I was thirteen, and I actually I went to Mormon camp with my friend China, and I came Yeah, she was Mormon. I was not. And it was so embarrassing. Dude, I utah, they startedwashing you. I came back and.
Speaker 3: Was like, I think I'm Mormon, Like if they.
Speaker 1: Have this thing the last day called testimony, and we were in the redwoods in the Santa craz Mountains, and I was like, what is testimony? What is testimony? They're like, it's when you like give your testimony that like God has touched you this week.
Speaker 3: And touched you where they peer pressure you into yes.
Speaker 1: And I went up there and I was like, I feel I mean, I don't believe in God and my mom is a Communist, but I really have felt the spirit this week and I don't know what to the same.
Speaker 3: And I was cris.
Speaker 1: Sobbed and I remember telling China I was like, God, I love this song. You guys sing about your reverend. She was like, what I'm like, reverently, quietly, humbly, now we pray. She's like reverent Lee, not Reverend Lee. But I can't musician back then, No, I was in a spy. I wanted to be in like choirs and musicals, but I had a soft voice, so I always would get like like in Jack and the Beanstalk, I got the part of like a sprout. I was way in the background. But I came home and my dad and mom had redone my entire bedroom in this cool like eighties like everything was modern and white and lacquered and red and black, and it was like my room before was frilly and pink. And I remember they had cameras and they were taking all these pictures of me, and I was just sobbing. But I was so happy, but I remember feeling traumatized, like everything you know.
Speaker 3: From the camp come from a Mormon camp where you gave your life to Jesus Christ because you fear pressured into it, and you definitely dropped it as soon as you left. There was no way you could just say that, yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Mormon Jesus though, the one born in America.
Speaker 3: After a right the one where Joseph Smith amends his version of the Bible anytime he feels like he wants to. And if you're Mormon out there, just so you know you're you're the guy who founded your religion went in and just changed the Bible to fit what he wanted. So when he started to like want more wives, he just went in and was like, God talked to me last night and he says I should marry this thirteen year old like and he just starts. And then the best part, if you want to know all about how fucked up Mormonism is, read what's the one that Andrew Garfield was says justin it's a John Krackauer and they did a remakeup and it's like the Banner of Heaven under the Banner of Heaven. Yes, But the craziest part was so Joseph Smith always said that everyone in Mormonism gets to have a direct connection with God, like you have a personal relationship with God. You get to pray to him and talk to him. And then people started getting their own kind of ideas of what God wanted for them, and it was kind of people were dissenting and he wasn't able to control him anymore. So one day he was like, by the way, God just let me know, like he only is talking to me. He's like not talking to you guys anymore. And everyone was like, no, we're not actually that and they didn't let him change that part. Wow, he would you change things as he wanted to fund.
Speaker 4: Oh, God just told me he wanted me to have the last cupcake.
Speaker 3: Just told me, yeah, well we got God just told me we have to take a break. And by God, I mean Noah, we'll be back after this to discuss a ton of other things, but not treating spaces and definitely on his wedding. All right, we're back. Let's just get to it. Anya Marina is married. Yeah, we started this podcast with two people who were not married, and now a month later they're both married.
Speaker 4: The people here are now married.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: But then we're just doing it for ratings, ratings of triple Do we know married people get more? Wait? Is that true?
Speaker 3: Now we need to have a baby on the way, Like this is the things that happened. We need to trade space character. I definitely stopped watching the Office and I know the this is like criminal, but I didn't give a fuck. About the office after Jim and Pam got together. I think it's really fucked with my life. I don't care about things after people are together.
Speaker 4: You care about the anticipation, the eve.
Speaker 3: Of Ross and Rachel. I don't want them to be together and to thrive and to have a baby with you know. I want them to be like, will they won't they? And I think that's really affected my relationships in my life because if it's not like I don't know if he likes me as soon as he does, I'm just like, well, this is boring. This is season two of Friends. Yeah, and Emily's gone. There's no more tension. They're happy, and I'm tired. I'm bored.
Speaker 1: I think that's the secret to a good relationship too. My friend Bob has been married a while and he said, honestly, the only thing keeping us together is that I am constantly afraid that my wife is going to leave me.
Speaker 3: That okay, I don't think that they're not the best relationship I've ever heard. Yeah, he's not serious. He just probably thinks that he.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think it's different for different probably threaten a lot. That's not good. I mean, I have been in both types of relationships, and I can say definitively that my current relationship where I have no fear at all that the person's going to leave me while perhaps watching your show perhaps Yeah, no one wants to watch that show. I feel I feel a lot better about my life overall.
Speaker 3: Because of that. I'm joking. I think it's terribly unhealthy to seek something that well. I feel like. Also, though marriage a little languishy, it can be.
Speaker 4: But you got to figure out ways to manufacture that feeling.
Speaker 3: That you're he I want entropy, I want chaos. Okay, so Anya, you're married. Do you feel different? First question?
Speaker 1: No, I don't feel different. I thought I would.
Speaker 3: People are like, it's already living in sin together. Yeah, and we're very committed ex premaratively.
Speaker 1: And we had some conversations about how in this we were together a while ago. So I don't feel different. But I do feel I mean definitely, there was like a giddiness and a happiness that day, and but it hasn't sunk. Like I don't feel the thing of like, oh my god, he's my husband. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Weddings and funerals are so similar. I thought, oh, getting an Amazon packagey listen. I'm seeing in the airbnb and the host is living next door. That's why I gotta get the fuck out.
Speaker 4: That's why VRBO has those new ad campaigns.
Speaker 3: Where it's like, you'll never have to talk, never have to see your host. Yeah, she just dropped the package. Lady, She's like, are the door shit? Fuck?
Speaker 4: She looks. She looks like she's pretty well to do. Yeah, well to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. I was commenting on her looks and you were like, no, she looks.
Speaker 4: But I mean you were said looks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't say she was smart. Okay, yeah, well you go get the dog, please, please, please, she's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Let's take bets on how long Nikki is staying in this air BnB. I say, you're out within seventy two hours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, I think I definitely am.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, here we go.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we're recording a podcast. Thank you so much. You're fine, you're fine. Thanks.
Speaker 1: I'm changing it to forty eight forty eight hours, three hours.
Speaker 3: It's very nice.
Speaker 1: I just got an airbnb from my folks and I accident I brought my dog over to say hi to them, and we were like and I brought her inside for a second, even though I knew pets weren't allowed, but I like wiped her feet immediately, and all of a sudden, she starts barking like a crazy person, and I was like, oh, fuck, shut up, let's get out of here. So I leave. I have a message within half an hour from the host because the host lives upstairs, and it's like, if you thought that you were gonna rent this Airbnb secretly and have a dog and there secretly, like you're wrong, we will know because we live upstairs. And I was.
Speaker 3: Like, they said if you saw it, like sarcasts, like a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of somethings.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was like, hey, we heard a dog today, just let us know if you if you book this. We were very clear though in our pet policy and like if you think that we're not gonna yeah, there was something in there like we're gonna know if you have a dog, and I was like surveilling, easy, easy. I'm like, I was a super host. I know the deal. I would never try to pull one over on you. I was visiting my mom and I had her in the house for one second. I should have given you a heads up, But is it okay if I bring her over and we just stay in the backyard, and she was like yeah, yeah, no problem. But yeah, there was a little bit of.
Speaker 3: Like, this is so funny when people come at you like and you're nice to them and they're like, oh, it's totally fine. Yeah, she's like great, and then there's so much nicer and then I do that all the time. I was, I was such a bitch this weekend. Where was it? There was a moment where I was so oh, I was grumpy in an Uber. This guy like went to the wrong terminal and I go, I said, one? Was it not? Because he asked me twice? And I go, I said, I go, I said one right, like you asked me twice. This is clearly too. Like I was late and he was his car smelled like cigarettes and he was blasting music and it was just you can't get a good Uber in Saint Louis. They're all shit. There's no Uber black as shit, and Uber black is like four times the price of Uber comfort. And I don't know what comfort is the difference between comfort and X, but there isn't one comfort. They're not blowing the smoke in your face. I guess but and I and then he I felt bad immediately it like clicked sorry ma'am or something. You know. He may yeah, but I mean like I was being a mam, like the tone I was using on purpose. Yeah, I mean no, it is not I always get mam. I never get hun or the I was going through TSA recently and this guy go you know when they like wave you through the X ray and he goes, come on through, little lady, and I was like yes. I was like, oh my god, he thinks I have a little lady. And then I sort of got He said it two seconds later answered around is an elderly woman. And I'm like, oh, that's just what he se me to an elderly woman with a cane that he had to hold while she went through. It was terrible.
Speaker 4: Okay, So can I just quickly say that I was quite charmed by that woman.
Speaker 3: She seems so nice.
Speaker 5: Your host, the host brought the Amazon.
Speaker 3: Amazon delivery person is gonna knock on the door and wait and say hi. They're good people. I was unclear, like they don't have time to do that. They're on a fucking timer and they've got a catheter in. They don't let those people schmooz and go, oh you're podcasting and wave. Yeah, I'm gonna be out of here pretty soon, but uh gotta, I gotta find another spot anyway, wedding, we stare at the dinner. Yeah, because no, you were there too, right, I was there too.
Speaker 2: The whole crew was there, most of the crew, Kristen, Saralina, Taylor and Kat was there for the most part.
Speaker 3: And yes, and Chris Convey me and Nicky oh Christ and yeah. So we all flew into New York on Saturday. We had gone to Taylor Swift. Me, Kirsten and my sister and Kat went to Taylor Swift in Kansas City on Friday night, and then Kirsten and I and Taylor flew out or no, and then Taylor flew from Saint Louis. We all landed in New York at the same time. On Saturday. We went to lunch, and then that night we went to dinner. I got foot rubbed that day as well, and then we went to dinner and it was a lovely rehearsal not rehearsal dinner, but rehearsal dinner. I mean, like, what's the difference between that and a rehearsal dinner, because you were like, this is not a rehearsal dinner. What is There's no rehearsing done. But I don't think there's ever rehearsal done at rehearsal dinners.
Speaker 1: I'm not paying for it. I think that's what it means. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I paid for half, not most, but not all. Yeah, that was a lot. We got dope ass appetizers.
Speaker 1: I hate family style because I'm I don't want someone else choosing my food. So I just picked a bunch of appetizers with Matt for people, and I wanted everybody else to figure out their entrees and their drinks and all that. And it was so much fun. It was beautiful. It was it Greca and Tribecca, which is recommended by Sarahlina and.
Speaker 3: I so lovely.
Speaker 1: But it was it was packed. There were tons of people and we got to just hang. It was a little long for my taste. I got started to get worried.
Speaker 3: There was a point when we all got there and everyone's just mingling. We get there and everyone's standing up and like you know, probably like forty to fift it's probably fifty people in a room and everyone's standing and talking and it's like, you know, people are just saying hi, and then it's like seven thirty. Then it's seven forty five, and ours tummies are starting to grumble, and it's like, let's do this and.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, can I pause you right there? Because okay, So we walked into the restaurant was very beautiful. Anya had her section quartered off in the back the rest I mean really nicely decorated. And we're standing there and talking and Nikki goes like, did you guys think that we would be standing around talking to people? Or did you think it was a sit down dinner? And all the girls from Girls Chat we were like, oh, we thought we were gonna be sitting down for dinner because like all of us, we were like kind of like we didn't really want to step outside our comfort zone and go mingle.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we were like, how's your what's your guys' like feeling on mingling? And we're all like we hate it? Who likes me?
Speaker 5: I go?
Speaker 3: And I go? Who likes mingling. It's like the time my sister was like, I don't really want to go in that mosh pit because I don't I don't know like crowds, like really like she was talking about something wasn't a moshpit, but it was something that was very crowded. And she was like, I just don't like really crowded spaces where people are like right next, And I go, who, what what are you talking about? Like, no one actually likes that so mingling. I can't imagine someone actually likes it. Your psychopath regation, yeah, that's true, but I think they're probably languishing over on that.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's the bride and groom's job to mingle, which I did not do enough of. But if you know, I was. I liked looking over at you guys, and you were just as we were, like and having fun and laughing.
Speaker 2: And I was the one that sat first.
Speaker 3: I said, I said, guys, I'm I think we need to send a signal to everyone. If one table sits, the rest will get the note. And so we said, and then guess what happened? Everyone else sits, And I said, it's like shushing that way said for years. Finally someone said it it's like the shushing I even did it. I was like, it's if you you can start something huge, if you just do a little thing, and so I started going sh and like, it's amazing how everyone around you just starts quieting down. And I was just doing it to test, just to prove my point how it's like a virus and it spread so quickly. But yeah, everyone sat down and then we had the best time at that fucking table. It was like it reminded me of like the cafeteria lunch crew, like in high school, but like when it was at its best, and like it's it was just so much fun. It was Your wedding was similar, Like it's just a great if you're at a good table. There's nothing more I love in the world than sitting down and eating and like sharing dips and like different salads and being like can I try yours? And then and then getting to talk and laugh with all your friends. It was so awesome. Our table was superb, and our table and yeah, I was glad to see you.
Speaker 1: On your lege.
Speaker 3: I got nervous you weren't. You didn't visit our table too much, because I'm like, we know you love us, we know you want to come over here more than any of the other tables. I know that at least I'm convincing myself of that. I don't need you to like, go do what you need to do.
Speaker 1: I don't I didn't have all. Yeah, you guys are so cute.
Speaker 2: It was I thought you were high.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: You came over and started laughing and you couldn't stop, And it was like she was on PCP. Yeah she probably was. I was under so much.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what it was. At some point Matt told me Nicki said that you look like my mom. We were like sitting there. I'm like, wait what, and he goes, yeah, Nicky said, you look like my mom. And I'm like, I have a long face. Your mom has a round face with these wide cheek buds. We look nothing alike. We are in a similar height world and she's a elderly woman. And he's like, I know, I don't think you look like my MoMA. Like there's no way she said that, and he goes, she did. I thought it was funny too, and I'm like, that's weird. And then later on we went over there, maybe a minute later, and I go Matt said, you look like uh Matt said, you said I look like his mom, and you got so mad.
Speaker 3: It started making me laugh. When Nickie said, I looked like an elderly woman. I'd fucking burn the place like I was that sod. But but NICKI was like, what the fuck? Why would I?
Speaker 2: She's like, I did not say that.
Speaker 3: I can't believe. Do you ever have that happen? A second? I said, where you look like?
Speaker 1: I said, your mom looks like Matt's mom.
Speaker 3: Fuck, I can't well.
Speaker 2: And she started getting so heated.
Speaker 3: And it's the eve of your wedding night. You're supposed to feel the most beautiful, and I'm telling you you look like an old woman. No offense to MAT's mom, beautiful old woman, but like I would not want to hear that I looked like Jane Fonda. I didn't take it right. Now's the hottest old woman ever?
Speaker 1: Features or something. I didn't get offended when.
Speaker 3: I was offended. No, that's I was offended at first on behalf of you that like you think that I would say, like I would infer that on your wedding night to like it just felt like something a shitty person would kind of like throw and be like, you kind of look like his mom, like the way she looks now, it's just like something that would like yes, And so I thought pump jab and so I felt offended that anyone would think I would do that. But then Matt said, we thought maybe that you were joking, and I was super offended because I go, what is funny about that? It was like the fact that you you should stop working for me, Matt, if you think that's the kind of joke that I make, it's nothing funny.
Speaker 1: Funny if you fired him on our rehearsal.
Speaker 3: Obviously you think that I'm capable of that kind of like, yeah, you shouldn't be like you think you shouldn't work for me, Yeah, like you should free yourself from this comedian who you're working for who makes jokes like this. That's what I meant, Like, you're working for someone who's not good at their job, if you like, it'd be like if Matt was like came over and sang a song and it was like, I don't know, I'm trying to think of someone who I hate that a bad singer, Like it sounded bad or something, you know what I mean, Like it was an off key song, and I'm like, what I work for you? You're an artist and this is what you just brought to me is yeah, yeah, even though who let the Dogs Out. It's kind of a it's a it's a hit, sick.
Speaker 4: Best song with a whistle.
Speaker 3: Then and lost you were laughing, not stop laughing because and then I got angrier, and then she's getting laughing more and there's nothing worse than me. You're getting angry. And then she's laughing, and I was just like, now I think you're laughing at my anger, which is funny because you're just and then I just got so upset and.
Speaker 1: I wasn't upset at all, so made me laugh.
Speaker 3: I know, I don't feel like I was on a dress. I felt bad that, like I was so offended because I was just saying like, I'm sorry, when i'm Matt's mom's age, I'm gonna look away that I don't think women younger than me want to look no offense. Are we all in denial that none of us want to look old? Like? Are we all pretending like I'm I know people are gonna be like this is so mean of Nikki to say, but it's like no one wants to look old.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, say you look just like your mom, you know, so your mom's like thirty or so years older than you, but no one.
Speaker 3: Get I get a little offended.
Speaker 2: That's why I want plastic surgery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get offended because my mom is older than me, and I don't think there should be that much Like I can. I get what they're saying. But if you'd pick an old woman that you're not, you didn't come out of her, Regina, that's it seems like you just look old.
Speaker 1: Well, it all got cleared up and we figured out what you actually meant.
Speaker 3: Well, the funniest thing happened soon after that. So Noah, do you want to start us off? Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay. So we're all sitting at the table and all of a sudden, it quiets down. The music stops. Everyone turns to the main table where Anya and Matt are sitting, and Anya's sister comes up and she starts giving a speech about Anya and Matt. Very nice speech. Then a couple of friends stand up and give speeches. And I think it was your friend Maria.
Speaker 1: Oh, she was doing a poem, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, so she wanted to read you a poem. So she starts to read you a poem. Now we're at the table, we're already like very very good, we're quiet, we're listening, we're paying attention, and as Maria starts to read you the poem, we start to hear this like lonely saxophone music. And at first I was like, Wow, this restaurant has really great production, like there's like a sound guy who put up this saxophone music for this poem. But suddenly Kirsten So she's kind of like at the head of the ship. She's like the head of the table facing you. All of a sudden, yeah, I see her like start vibrating. It was the and she turns around and she is laughing but trying to hold it back. Then Sarah Lena catches it. Then I catch it, Taylor catches it, Nikki catches it, Chris catches it, cat catches it, and we can't figure out where the fuck it's coming from.
Speaker 1: I was looking around like a bird, like darting my head around, like what the fuck is that?
Speaker 3: So, you guys, we thought it went with the speech, like someone was trying to be like, this is a jazzy speech, kind of like this is spoken poet, like you know, spoken word poetry.
Speaker 1: What is that about that loud that it would sound like background music to a speech.
Speaker 3: So Taylor checks her phone.
Speaker 2: She's you know, she's like, that's it's it's someone's phone, someone's phone, and the table next to us, you know, they're like, oh, it's not our phone, it's not our phone. So then uh, Kate Walsh, who I feel like she's kind of like the one who is helping you get through these two days, kind of like just making sure things are in order. She comes over and she's like, what the fuck is no music coming from? And Taylor gets them. Kirsten gets up. She starts looking in the plants to see if there's a speaker.
Speaker 3: There's a speaker in the plants, like these little potted plants behind us. We're looking in the curtains, like where is the secret speaker? Why is this music blaring? Then they get the staff involved. I seek going to the manager, and then the manager gets our waiter. Shout up to aiden our waiter, and everyone's like talking about it all out there, just kind of like there's some speaker, and we are laughing so hard because people are trying to give these incere speeches and they can't hear the jazz music because it's like they're in the o in.
Speaker 1: The middle of her poem, she goes, excuse me, she said, excuse me, and I think she was she was looking in that direction, and I'm like, I know because I just asked the restaurant to turn off the PA, which I thought they did. But then this fucking saxophone kept. It would stop for a second and then it would start again.
Speaker 3: Well it would it would stop because it would like you know, it would just be a moment in the song where it would stop. It wasn't like it was turning on and off. It was just like that's it would just get loud, and it.
Speaker 5: Was like we just couldn't find the source and we're freaking along with the genre.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it did it fitted.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like if it would have been like, yeah, well everyone at our table, everyone at our table is just like vibrating. Taylor said that Chris sounded like one of those dog toys that you step on.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna yes, and it's so rude because people are giving a speech and we're laughing so hard and everyone's quiet. It's the jazz music, and then it's our table. Everyone's quiet except the jazz music. So you could hear that, then our table is laughing. If the people look over at us, they think we're laughing at them, Like our whole table is just like Facer laughing the poem.
Speaker 2: And we're covering our face. You could just see our tears. And then anytime there's like a light moment in the speech and there's a joke, we just kind of like let it all.
Speaker 3: Out and then yes, oh yeah, that's the thing, like anytime there's a moment of levity. But also anytime the saxophone would pick back up, it would just recharge us. All the start dying laughing, and we couldn't find it. And then probably three minutes later or something like that, like this is going on for a long time.
Speaker 2: It was a change of speaker. It was like way more than three minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there, it was a change of speaker and a change of song, like it went into a new song. And so then all of a sudden, this girl that's sitting at the table bright in front of us goes, it's my phone. She suddenly realizes it's her phone. It's Rachel.
Speaker 1: She had a beautiful pink she had pink hair and a cool headdress as.
Speaker 3: She had like when they wear those things at British funerals. A fast fascinator.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've never I don't know.
Speaker 3: What to talk about. It's like a headband and then it has like a little thing coming off and it's almost like you're wearing, like it's a thing you put on your head.
Speaker 1: It was Origami Swan with with Gold. She's a really cool U chick, and so she had if you.
Speaker 3: If my Spotify would have accidentally gone on, it would have been like Sun.
Speaker 2: It was like Taylor Swift. Hers was like cool.
Speaker 3: John Coltrane, I'm like, you got so lucky that this wasn't like some conspiracy podcast that started playing, like Rogan or Dyings. Yeah, a pedophile podcast. So it was like the best case scenario. But she was she was little. I was so glad she wasn't totally embarrassed because it was I just kept telling her like, it was the greatest gift you've ever given us. Because we're laughing so hard, we'll never forget it. We will. And then so after that, after we're all laughing about the jazz music and it's off, then Chris and I both get the same idea at the same time to pull it up and start to get at.
Speaker 2: Our table, just to get people laughing again.
Speaker 3: So the next speech goes starts happening, and then Chris and I start playing jazz music at the same time on our phones very quietly, like just so our table could hear, not to like actually fuck with the thing anymore, but just to get the giggles going again because we couldn't really hear the speeches that well. Because this is what people do at wedding speeches. I'm so glad that Anya and that's each other, and I'm just like, I really love like they just they make points with the microphone so they don't know how to work a mike. Yeah, they which It's it is hard like even when you know, my mom does my podcast, she'll be like doing like this a lot. You know, it's just hard to remember to keep it here. And we're professionals, so we know that. But it was like hard to hear the speeches, so we were just deciding to like make jokes and so. But it was so funny that Chris he goes, I'm doing the same thing. It was like double saxophones, like under the table, and it's gonna be a thing that I reference the rest of my life. Yes, like when those I'm around those people, I will start playing sad jazz music at like poignant times, and I poignant is I mean, I'm using that correctly. What does poignant mean again?
Speaker 1: Sad?
Speaker 2: Sad?
Speaker 4: Apart?
Speaker 3: We all thought it meant like when something special, it's poignant. It's a good point, Like it's like, wow, it's a strong point, I thought, But it's sad sad Yeah, I thought touching, yeah, touching or like just like it really.
Speaker 2: Lands like sadness or regret.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has sadness related to it. So if that didn't blow your mind, okay, So then the speeches were lovely, though we did hear them. I mean, the joke went on for like two seconds later, But then we were listening to the speeches and they were great. People tend to make speech. It like, if you listen, you'll find out a lot about the person. People can't help but tell you something about themselves, and there are speeches. So I was very aware of that when I was writing my what was it called the Officiating thing, I was like, don't make this about you at all. Try not to say anything about yourself, because this isn't about you. People liked, well, you have to it's your perspective.
Speaker 4: Sure, so I don't.
Speaker 3: Fault anyone, but I especially think that people like expect celebrities to be like, this is my day, I want to shine, I'm the star. So I was very cognizant of like don't even say your name, don't say don't reference anything of like ah, like I said we were on tour together. I didn't say it was my cho Like I took out any reference that would be like Nicky thinks she's sweet, because I think a lot of times that can happen on wedding speeches.
Speaker 4: To avoid the judgment, the silent judgment, yes.
Speaker 1: Because everyone really does project stuff. My dad gave us speech during our wedding, and it was like I'm going to give you I loved it, and everybody loved it, and it was beautiful and loved it was basically his advice. He gave advice about like because his father died when my when he was you know, before they got married, right before they got married. Actually he was wishing that he had had a dad give him some advice about marriage. And he's like, I've been married fifty five, you know, fifty six seven years something like that, so I have a little bit of experience, which I'm going to give you the advice I wish my father had given me. And it was a great speech, but like yeah, he's like, okay to begin regrets. He like, what's a bunch of regrets. And then he's like, around five or seven years, you're gonna get bored. You might want to act out or astray. I'm like, here we go, cheer all right?
Speaker 3: He said therapy, He said, go to therapy before you think you need it, go to couple's therapy. I thought that was good, and I'm not kidding you. I looked around the room and everyone who was in like a committed long relationship was just like, yes, it happens, jage. And everyone who's not married was just like giggling because it was just so real. Seven years into the marriage or seven years being together.
Speaker 1: Probably into the marriage. Yeah, yeah. And then he did like a cute, cool Shakespeare quote that was something about like you're basically marrying like your mother, your father, your son, like you become everything to the other person. I can't really remember the point of that, do you well.
Speaker 2: It was it was like along with the point that he made where it's like your relationship is you it's Matt, and then there's it's the third, which is the relationship itself.
Speaker 1: I thought was, oh yeah, and guard it like a Faberge egg, like the when you're when you're in a fight and you were threatening to leave, You're like, you're damaging the relationship. I love that it's not.
Speaker 3: Just like nothing about it's like a baby or something. Maybe my friend talking about how a marriage is like a newborn baby and you have to be so delicate with it. I think it was maybe your dad. Maybe it was something about like it's an infant, it's a newborn, like you don't shake it, don't like like soft tones around it, like you have to be I thought that was a very interesting point, poignant because it was a little sad, like, oh god, now we have we don't even have a baby. Now we have that we have one, and but it is weird with weddings, like I was thinking. I was like, if you don't get married, you never get to hear all these nice things about you, Like it's all stuff that we would have said at your funeral, no offense, not sense, but like not to be bleak or like not to be depressing, but every speech, even when so the girls chat. The girls were too like nervous to give speeches. I didn't even want to give one either. I was so glad I officiated because I just get so nervous about being so sincere. So I was glad that that god took the place of a speech I would give because it would have been too much for me.
Speaker 1: And all the people speaking had known me forever, like all my Russian girlfriends that I've known from like the age of two.
Speaker 3: On which I say, like we had more on them, Like yeah, I mean, I wouldn't have stopped because I'm like, oh, they've known her since she was two. I'm like, well, they don't talk to her literally every day for the past ten years. So that didn't intimidate me, but a.
Speaker 2: Little possessive and jealous too, like that's but I'm so glad they I know you guys did end.
Speaker 1: Up doing speeches, because my girlfriends will be like people that would have known me the longest would all of a sudden, out of nowhere, these peace and love hippie girls would be like, and I know they're listening. They'd be like, and we love on you so much. And Matt, if you ever fuck with if she one of my friends. It was if she sheds one tier, I will cut you. I'm like, what the fuck is happening?
Speaker 3: Hear that? Oh you did not?
Speaker 1: They all one after the other were like, and we love her so much, You're really lucky, which I don't. I don't love that one. Kate what I think?
Speaker 2: Kate, not your other friend, Kate, not Kate Waite.
Speaker 3: I love her. I love the Kate home. Those Kate wash and Kate Hunner were so good. And I loved your sister's speech, and I love and I mean it really was like these speeches they I love them because they do. I do like the fact that people put personalized stuff in and they do kind of quote unquote make it about themselves. That's not a judgment. It's more like you get to hear, you get to see people's emotional states regarding like and how much Anya means to them, and like how But it's there's something about it where you you just get I can see I can like psychoanalyze people through their wedding speech.
Speaker 4: Well, you can talk about yourself in relation to the bride and groom. Yes, you can do that as much as you want.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, yes, you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be like, well, you know when when I get married or something like that. Yeah, like when I first met this person, I think.
Speaker 3: It's just a little I guess I feel I'm again projecting. So I was like, if I if my worst version of myself gives a speech, I just want to prove to everyone how much I know this person and how much I love her more than you guys, and how much she loves me more than you guys. And so I think I look for any sign of that in speeches, and I kind of roll my eyes because it's my worst version of myself that I really want to prove how much more than all of you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Brian, you have that at your wedding where because when you allow other people to make speeches, you sort of surrender control. Is there was there any part of you that was afraid of stuff people would say?
Speaker 4: Yes, I brought my two speeches. I brought them aside and had a little seminar the day before about what they can't say. So smart and they said, we're not going to say any of that. Are you nuts?
Speaker 2: On your wedding day?
Speaker 4: You think we're going to say that about you and uh and uh they didn't and but yeah, speeches were great. I really wasn't worried. I was kind of just half joking. It was just like in my persona to'd be like, hey, here's what you can't say, but also like, please don't say anything like that.
Speaker 3: We got to go to break But I want to hear Onya, you answer that question. Things you wish you would have told people not to say or not to do if someone is listening and getting married, what you think people should tell people before speeches, or like, let's just talk about regrets of your wedding, things you would have done differently, things you're glad you did the way you did them, all of that and more. Would we get back? Okay? Anya, is there anything you wish you would have told people before they give speeches? Or like did you feel a sense of lack of control? All those things?
Speaker 1: I mean, after the fact, you hear things that you're like, what what happened? Like someone was telling me that someone was like networking at you know, there were a couple of celebrities at the wedding and someone had asked me prior to like, do you mind if you know my daughter is like a really big fan of Kate Walsh's show. I forgot what it was Umbrella Academy or Emily in Paris, and can I get it a selfie? And I was like, you know, it's really sweet and Kate can certainly handle herself, and so can NIGGI. But I would love them to just enjoy the day. Like, so if can you are a big deal, it's it's just odd. But I don't wish I had said anything. I think that was like a nice thing to tell the person. I was like, I'd rather they just enjoy the day and and like let them hang out and if you want to do that maybe later.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you told all those people who wanted selfies with me. No one asked. The whole day.
Speaker 1: Of fans, there a lot of best if people are obsessed with you, they're trying to play it cool. So many people came up to me and were like, I'm not talking to Nikki because I'm just feeling like I'm gonna like fan girl out, so I'm just leaving them alone. No, so many people.
Speaker 4: That same thing happened at my wedding. It's interesting we've both had that same experience, but yeah, it's Uh, it's interesting how people come up to you and like, what what should I do if I get a fuck it up?
Speaker 3: Or I'd always like do these people? If you listen to the podcast, please know that I always want to be bothered, and I want it quick. I don't need, like I don't need a twenty conversation with you, and we're like it's especially if I'm with my friends. But I never don't want you to get a selfie and to just have like a two minute conversation, like and I'm just doing that for you. Two minutes is like benefit for you too, Like you don't want to talk to me longer than that, it's going to ruin the illusion. Always always approach me, no matter what, even if you see me crying hysterically and like I'm breaking up with my boyfriend on the street, approach me.
Speaker 2: I always.
Speaker 3: That's why I did this for a living. I like attention. I like people who like me. I like for my friends and family people to.
Speaker 1: Work on your next special. Here's my resume.
Speaker 3: No, don't ever do that. No, that's not the way you get jobs. It's never gonna work that way. But but if you want to a selfie is always fun and I hope you always approach me no matter what the event is. I always want to friends.
Speaker 4: Was NICKI loves people going up to her and asking her. But the key is you go. You go up to her, you get the picture. The most important part is then you leave. Yes, yes, don't linger and let your interaction with Nikkey languish. Just walk away. You don't say anything. You could just walk away silently. It'll be fine, and.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I'll keep you there like I don't know. But also this doesn't happen to me that often. But it always makes me very sad when people miss an opportunity because they don't want to bother me when I could have gotten something from that, as well as obviously you getting something from it if you wanted to talk to me, So don't and and also just don't pass up on those opportunities in life ever with or without me. Like if something matters to you, if someone has moved you, or like you enjoy their work, we all want to hear it. It's so rare. I think we all get in our heads that celebrities don't want to hear it because we only hear the bad stories. Because the good stories aren't that interesting? Oh I got a selfie and he was pleasant. The bad stories move, you know, we spread them around and like that's all. What is that? There's some like law of like the that you that bad news spreads fast. There's some law of like, you know, you only hear the bad stuff. But it's that's so rare that it happens that way. So always just quick drive by.
Speaker 1: One of the best things I heard all night was the caterers came up to me and they were like, your guests and your friends are so fucking cool and so nice. Like I could tell they're not used to working.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I think that was I think that was from our I'm sure you're the rest of your they're all nice. But we were interacting with them a lot, and they saved the day for us, and we kind of brought them in for us because something happened that I can't even believe. So we're in Kate Walsh's beautiful, beautiful jewel box and an immaculately jewel box of an apartment. Final thought.
Speaker 1: Final thought, I haven't even talked about your officiating.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's tomorrow. Tomorrow. Yeah, there's gold wallpaper along.
Speaker 1: The gold look at the ceiling. She has Gucci wallpaper in her bathroom. Everything is perfect. She has incredible taste in art. She has crystal it's like so pretty, and all the cultures. Her boyfriend perfume picking up at Kay walstt No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know, it's it's just everything. I can't believe. Let so many people walk around with shoes on in her apartment and just sit.
Speaker 1: And doesn't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: So she's beautifully like white couches that it was. It was like Champagne velvet, the couches good, good calls, Champagne velvet couch. And there's there's red wine being drunk. Yeah, dangerous everywhere, and she couldn't be more chill. She's not like I didn't I didn't see Kate Walsh give a fuck at all the whole time. She's so nice. She's such a good friend to Anya. Anya, me and Kate were like backstage and Kate room.
Speaker 1: Of the whole wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so fun us three. But she was like so supportive of Anya. I'm still touching up my makeup. She's like doing anything and I'm like I could use and she's like I'm not asking you, it's like, is my winged eyeliner? No, she was just like such a good friend to Anya. She's so sweet, and it's also happening all at her house and she couldn't be more chill. So after the after the ceremony, we're all eating and hanging out in her living room and there's tons of people around, but we're sitting down and on or Noah and Carson are doing a bit that I put on our Instagram, And this happened while that bit was happening.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just need to give it a quick origin story of influencer. So we were we went to go get coffee and macha for breakfast, and we're sitting outside in the West Village and on the corner we see influencers. We see this woman influencing on the corner and she's got a light by.
Speaker 3: People are just like, what are you up to? Can I do that?
Speaker 2: Like she's got a life guy and she's got a camera guy. Right. So then, of of course Kirsten gets up and tries to like mimic the influence And as this is happening, I'm just like whispering into Kirsten's ear I'm like, influence, influence, influence, influence, it's happening influence. So Kirsten gets up, she influences and we sit down.
Speaker 3: We laugh.
Speaker 2: We look over to the corner and everyone is hunched over, all the influencers, hunched over on their phone, just looking to see how they are.
Speaker 3: Just my favorite thing is like at every video you see of a girl looking hot on Instagram or just someone doing something quirky, know that seconds later they are hunched over in the worst position for their bodies, like gargoyles, looking at their phone and like analyzing it and look and having their stomachs out, like everything's not tight anymore, things are loose. Anything they were just projecting it is wiped away. Just always picture that whenever you're picturing perfection, because it always happens, the hunch over and the analysis of it. And so then what happened?
Speaker 2: Okay, So then we were just doing that all day, just coming up with stupid influencer rhymes, and we were at Anya's wedding sitting together and of course you know, the phones come out, so we're like, oh, let's do these like influence bits, which is what Nikki posted on our on our Instagram page. Okay, do you want to continue.
Speaker 3: On the story. Well, what's the what's the thing? It's like influencer, influencer, what you're gonna do? Influence influencer. They're watching you and then he has like something influence and they would just be like sexual with each other when they're saying it influencer influencers. So I was trying to film them doing this and get it perfect. And then Kristen's like, oh, I have an actual better idea, and she scoots up on the couch and behind her, I see no go and I be hand down. She goes to pit her brand down to cover it. Carson has bled through her dress. The fresh period blood stayed on Kate's velvet.
Speaker 2: She had earlier in the night. In the day, she had a premonition that that was going to happen, so she yes, yes, that that was the whole thing. She like almost she had a premonition.
Speaker 3: A premise. Furious.
Speaker 1: It's not like she's fucking psychic. It's like, oh my god, I didn't put a tampon in.
Speaker 3: I cannot tell you the last time I bled through onto it. Like it doesn't happen that often. I think men think we're just bleeding everywhere. It does not happen. Yes, you bleed through to your underwear. But and Kirsten's wearing a light dress, so and I'm not wearing dress that often, so maybe it would be like it would happen more often. But I think it went through her dress. She wasn't just sitting on the couch.
Speaker 2: Well, her dress was really short, so probably she was just sitting on the couch with her underwear. And you made a good point about tampons because she did have a tampon in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tamp it doesn't matter if your tampon is freshly. In those tampons, sometimes they just find a fast crack and there's like a little river, and well what it'll be like the carpool lane totally, so it'll be a perfectly white tampon. But there's you'll pull it out because you're bleeding all over your fucking pants. You're like, I just put this in and there'll it will find a little track, a little fucking mole will have to find a stream and it will go in it. The levee will break and it's ruined everything. So she leaves a stain and we're all like like a quarter.
Speaker 2: Really it was like this big I don't know, this is like one and a half two inches, it's the size of a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big blood stain, white velvet.
Speaker 3: And so we're like, oh my god. And so Noah's covering it, no one's touching it.
Speaker 2: I Kirsten and I are blood sister, sister because I got her blood all over my hands. So then I forget who runs to the kitchen?
Speaker 3: Me you ran into the kitchen. I tell the girls that are the the like red HeLa amazing women.
Speaker 2: Couch and so I was like, we have did you blood?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah? Oh, I was like because girls just like it's we're not like and I would say to a guy, I think there should be no shame in the fact that we're bleeding from our vaginas once a month, Like we can't help it. We shouldn't be ashamed of it, Like it's not something we chose, Like we can't help that, we can't find a way to plug it up. And sometimes it's heavy and we and there's no like nerves down there to know what the flow is. You just have to like find out when it flows out. There's no way men might think that we like know when it's heavy when it's not. You only know based on what you see and you're under Like when you pull it out, you can't you can't feel it gushing. There's not a knob to turn, you can't turn it off. So no shame. So I walk in, I'm like, there's blood on the couch, and everyone's like and so they quickly get some club soda and we're dabbing it, and then they get some saline solution, like contact solution is.
Speaker 2: A drive by with saline. So we are okay. So we have this like wet tissue and the chef she goes, just put just use a lot of water, Use a lot of water. So Taylor and I are holding this wet tissue that's like now absorbing the blood. It's like blood is like running down our hands and stuff, and we're we're pumping it.
Speaker 3: We're doing like CPR on the couch to try to like it's like it's like Logan Roy in the plane. They're just like pumping over and over NonStop.
Speaker 1: Tom dances in the background the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do want to say goodbye.
Speaker 2: And we're being very discreet, like they're you know, we're kind of like huddled around it and we're being very discreet, and a miracle happens. The pumping works, like everything just kind of comes up into the tissue.
Speaker 3: She wouldn't be able to find the stain if she looked totally amazing, totally evaporated. But I also was like Kate, if she came in, she'd be like, oh, no, big dal like she's just so cool. Kate would be like that, yes, don't even worry about it's all some big deal, like she's just so chill and that she can't now. Kirsten said it was okay because it came up, like, I don't think she'll be able to.
Speaker 1: Find it gall it happens, Listen. She doesn't care to have a story to trump that with something she've lit on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we posted a photo, Anya, and you didn't even see it. You like my photo and said how beautiful we were. We were like presenting it.
Speaker 3: We were like, really put our hands next to it, around it.
Speaker 1: I'm scared.
Speaker 3: So that's awesome story. Yeah, but it's it doesn't happen often that you bleed on something, but of course the time it does, it's on a perfectly near white couch in a celebrities apartment on a wedding day.
Speaker 1: Can I just say, Nikki that the greatest gift of my wedding day, which truly was Brian, like you said, the best day of my life was hearing my now husband's vows, which I'd never heard him say some of these things before, Like the night he met me, I was so he thought I was, who is this pretty? Oh my god, I would have killed my strong girl or whatever.
Speaker 3: I've never heard so many people say you're small, like I was, like, did she give a note? I'm like, if I if I can married and someone doesn't say I'm small, I'm gonna fucking cry. Because he never once he thought I was so tiny a tiny and small twice.
Speaker 1: But for me, pretty was so important because I get like cute. And also I've begged him to tell me what he thought of me the night we met, and pretty has never come up, like maybe hot, which is very nice, but there's something.
Speaker 3: Hit for some reason as much as pretty does. Yes, agreed, Agreed is.
Speaker 1: So nice, it's just like he thought it was pretty.
Speaker 4: Yes, a word too hot can sound like I'm just trying to bang you exactly what.
Speaker 3: Two couch cushions place together can be hot to you guys at this is a certain time of day, you know, like, but pretty means you want to marry it?
Speaker 1: And Nikki, I all I was thinking as I was like dying, laughing and tearing up while you officiated, was I am so lucky that this one is my best friend, that she knows my husband so well, that she's witnessed this relationship from the inception from the night I met Matt and I texted her I have a visitor too, and I saw his shoes in the hallway. Yeah, but you were so you hit every note. The writing was so funny and so incredible, and I have it here in front of me because you gave it to me and you the girl's chap blessed it by kissing the last they killed it.
Speaker 2: But it was my lips looked like a dirty pussy.
Speaker 3: You're Noah, like, put her chin on it. There's a chin print on.
Speaker 1: The yah, but I think it was pre period blood.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Can I just read my favorite line? Yeah, welcome everyone. Today we're gathered here to together to witness and celebrate the marriage of Anya Marina and Matt Pond. We also get to go back home and tell people we were in Kate Walsh's backyard.
Speaker 3: I died.
Speaker 1: I was liked it, nailed it. It was so so good. I mean, so many hilarious moments, so many great little inside jokes. But it was uh, I mean, I could.
Speaker 3: Go on if you want, No, it was really it was. It was a lot of pressure because it's just like, I don't want to make it about me everyone's because it's a it's a what my previous definition of poignant. I felt like it was a poignant moment before I knew that was about sad. I think, like, you can't make it too funny. It's just like this note you have to hit of like. I don't like being too sincere because then I start to feel like it's like a funeral, and I also am just like it was just a lot of pressure. So I looked up this is the perfect thing to do if you ever want to get do anything that you're out of your comfort zone, look up an example of something sure, and then make it your own. So I just like stole ones that were pre written and then put my own shit into it. Mads die, it.
Speaker 1: Is all original. Don't listen to whatever she just said. It is all original, incredible content that was so perfectly said and so you and it was was so touched the crowd.
Speaker 3: You want so many compliments? Amazing in my life? Yeah, yeah, I'm not kidding. You made me go, where is this be? It not do comedy for a living? I would have thought this was a moment that would have changed my life if like the amount of people that I'm not kidding you. I've done four specials, I've done six tonight shows, I've done so many big fucking things, and I've never once gotten this many compliments about something afterwards that were sincere. Now I know all the compliments I've gotten in the past were insincere because these were like, oh my god, Like people wanted my autograph. It was like the most I've ever the most love I've ever gotten for something. And I wrote it that morning and I.
Speaker 1: Hate you you wrote it that morning. I have labored over my vows and you fucking knocked You're such.
Speaker 3: A like did a rough draft the night before, and then the next night, when we were at a rehearsal dinner, I was asked the table like for some advice and we came up with some good No what you gave me something right.
Speaker 2: And you didn't use mine, but you use one of Taylor's, which was like at the end, I forgot what it was.
Speaker 3: Well, that was my idea and she wrote the joke, so I, okay, I just want to be clear. But she did come up with the joke. So my idea was like, you know how that the power vested in me by yeah, I said the power vested in me by instant officiator dot net and but Taylor rode a very instant officiator dot net. But I was like, I need to come up with a funny website, and she came up with that, so I do want to give her credit.
Speaker 1: But it was you know, I'm a co writers. I loved as Anya's roommate and friend. I was front seat from Matt and Nanya's courtship, which was love at first sight for Anya, and.
Speaker 3: That yes, that was the night before where I was like, guys, I need to come up with some stuff. I was like, so it was love at first sight for Anya and they go use that.
Speaker 6: I was like, I wasn't just being funny, realize yeah, what, well, I didn't want to be mean to you by like saying like Matt didn't like you at first, and so I needed to make something to.
Speaker 3: Like give you the the the the place of power. Where like in the beginning of the relationship, Anya was fully in Matt was not. But then I needed to change it, where like now Matt's fully And I was like, where's an example of that. And I'm like, oh, it's like their music like Anya's if and I said, for those of you who like, don't know, like a lot of the speeches reference their like rocky start and it's and also I was referencing it as well, and I go, for those of you don't understand like what we're talking about, if you weren't around for that, you can there's you can find an example in Anya's You can hear about the beginning of the relationship in Anya's album.
Speaker 1: Uh paper Plane Sane at currently at currently check out.
Speaker 3: No, particularly the songs not Mine's the one and shut Up and shut Up. And then I was like, to hear where they're currently at. Just check out Matt's entire the Natural Lines, entire album. He's fucking obsessed with her. So it was kind of like it made it like, now Anya's like the cool one and Matt's kind of the one that's like head over heels, so it balanced it out, but it is true, like this guy cannot write a song without being like professing his love his music video. What's the one where he drew the cartoon?
Speaker 1: That is an amazing uh song? It's so good? Hold on, fuck, I can't remember it.
Speaker 3: It's okay, it's a weird title. Again. Anya's half I got her foot half out of this relationship. But there's this one song that she sent us the video to and she's like, Matt has a new video today, you guys, you should check it out on the Girl's shut And I'm like, what the fuck is this? It is a music video where.
Speaker 1: Scene that will never die.
Speaker 3: You die for a scene that die loves a girl And if you to see how what you deserve in a relationship and how much a man should love you watch a scene that will never die and then be mad at your husband all day because he'll never feel that way about you. He'll never write anything as amazing as that. Like it depressed me so much after I watched that music video, I was just like, no one will ever feel this way about me, and no one will certainly ever put it to an animation where a little dog is carrying a string that leads to me or whatever the fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: He's got a new thing out.
Speaker 3: You guys, check it out. I'm like, oh, you mean the nicest thing, the most sweet thing I've ever heard my life.
Speaker 1: Nikki was there, I was playing la and we were there together. I was at Hotel cafe and I hadn't heard from Matt in eight weeks, and all of a sudden, he texted me do you want to go camping? While I was on stage performing, and I told the crowd, I'm obsessed with being a musician. I'm obsessed with you guys, and this is the most fun career of my you know ever. But the best moment of my life just happened because this guy that I just wrote that song that you heard about just texted me. And I've been dying for this text. And so Matt Man I got together after that and have been together ever since. But that story I told him. He wrote a song about it, and then the animated video shows that happening, like me on stage and then him asking me camping and us ending up together.
Speaker 3: And I remember when you said that to the crowd. I knew exactly who you're talking about, and I was like, stay the fuck away from I was so mad because I was sick of this guy coming in and out of your life. And I thought it was one more round of this. She's going to go into a deep depressive hole. Yeah, I was like, fuck, get away from her. But if you are listening, it happened exactly eight weeks, like the book says.
Speaker 1: Six point five, six point five weeks.
Speaker 3: But the book says to me, hey, six after you tell a guy the book being getting to I Do? And also I wanted to put in a reference to getting to I Do in the speech so badly.
Speaker 1: I was you didn't he doesn't know.
Speaker 3: I know, but he wouldn't have known. It was a way for me, me to get you to go look at me like this. But he wouldn't have known because it would have been so seamless of like and now you guys are getting to I Do. I was gonna do something like that, but anyway, it wouldn't ever have been like the book Getting to I Do by Pat I would have never said that.
Speaker 1: It was just gonna be at the back of the bar ninety nine.
Speaker 3: But the book getting to I do is the book that on your read And what you do is like you give a guy an ultimatum of like, I want this, this this in our relationship. What is it continuity, exclusivity, and longevity.
Speaker 2: Do in the speech?
Speaker 3: Yes, I wanted to representity, but I thought you might not remember those three things. And then you tell the guy that's what I want and if you can't give it, and I love you, and if you can't give it to me, then I gotta go. And then you leave and you wait eight weeks without any contact. He can't have any of you, Like, don't let him see you want Instagram or anything, because it will it will keep him thinking that you're still in his life, and then he will start to field withdrawal. And it takes eight weeks before they actually are gone forever. And if you wait eight weeks, then let them go. But give them eight weeks because it takes out long for a man to like start missing you. And it was six and a half weeks and then boom.
Speaker 1: Not that it's that important, but I didn't give him the ultimatum. I just finally, after knowing him for like six years, I don't want to do this casual with any thing anymore. I'm like too in love with you to do that.
Speaker 3: That's all I had to say, well that's what yeah, Okay's.
Speaker 1: And then he came back and then I had to do a little more free tooling, but that really worked, and that I'm just saying that for any girl who's listening, was that's all. It sounds very simple, but it was the hardest thing I ever had to do because it was so vulnerable to say how I actually felt about him. And I'd always been taught like, never tell a guy you love him, but then I learned, no, you can. It's actually more vulnerable than everything you've been doing up until now, which is like giving him everything you've got except yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, and to not talk to them after that, and to not keep like watching their Instagram stories. So your name popular.
Speaker 1: You helped me so much with that. You have helped me like write breakup speech emails to Matt one time. I was so shattered. Nikki's like, give me your phone, just give it to me, and she wrote a whole thing and goes, look at this, reread it.
Speaker 3: How is it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's actually great, and then she just hit sand and I that was like six months that I didn't talk to him and that was an important email. All it's all snowballed to this Oh god, we were seeing an Empire diner. I was shattered over ssheto peppers. I'm just so glad that it all worked out. And it's just goes to show that someone that I I'm sorry. If Matt is listening, I don't think he is. But I had zero faith in you. I hated you.
Speaker 3: I literally I didn't know him, so I couldn't hate him, but I hated what he was able to make. It was like my friend was an heroin addict, and when he would come in her life, she would just like it would ruin her. Like if you have a girlfriend that's going through a similar thing where it's like anytime a guy comes back in, you're like, by friend, I won't see you for a bit because every conversation we have will be about this guy who is giving you nothing and you're giving him everything and you're trudging through the snow to bring him food and you're risking your life like it was just and this guy who I had given up It just this gives me so much faith in people because they can't. People can change, or people can find the best parts of themselves. He was always this person because he is one of my favorite people of all time, and just never give up hope. People can change. But you need to tell your friend to get the book getting to I do. If you have a friend like this, that's a really great way to put it. Poignant that people not the people.
Speaker 4: Poignant, not that people can change, but that people can discover a part of them that was missed, that was there the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, whenever i feel like I've been in a relationship where I'm like, this is not what I want and I want a man that's gonna I want this kind of man and I'm waiting for that guy, I'm always like and it could be you. It is you, Yeah, but that guy's not you yet, Like you're not you need to.
Speaker 1: Because I'm not the me that I need to be.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm starting to be by putting my foot down about like the person I want to be doesn't accept this stuff. So maybe I'm not there yet, but I'm going to start trying to live like the person I want to be. And you said you used to manifest Anya by thinking about like how do I want to feel in the relationship, and like what do I want a man to say to me? And you used to like say to yourself the things that Matt now says to.
Speaker 1: You, Yeah, that you're small and pretty and I love your family. Sweet said in his vows was when I met you, we got along so well and we laughed and it was just like so perfect the night we met and I and it was so easy, which is why I knew we couldn't be together like he had it explained why he wasn't available. He just didn't have anything to offer me at that point. But that got a laugh out of everybody. And then I love that he's like forever just took a while. That killed me too.
Speaker 3: There were so many lines he was His was amazing, and I love that he was like I need to go first because I can't follow Anya. I'm like, I know you're a sleep You've got a sleeper speech there that is going to be so good. You're a fucking poet poet, Like, yeah, it's going to be amazing. It was such a great wedding, best day ever, what more stories from it when we come back tomorrow. I hope you'll join us. Thank you for coming all this way, Brian, we got to get to set. Thank you, Noah, Thank you Anya. We'll be here tomorrow. Delbyka and use cub soda to get period. Say those just gosh and a little bit of Stally solution and it works